1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 17, 2018

170 Atlantic Broadband Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 17, 2018

I have been a seasonal customer for 15 years. I just called to cancel my service because it keeps going up every year. The lady on the phone never tried to save me or ask me why I'm canceling??? Guess it doesn't matter to them. Where I work, we try to save every customer who calls because they are our paychecks. So sad they do not care!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Customer service is THE WORST! Each time I call (which is often) I hold on average 30 minutes, usually to be transferred to another department where I have to hold another lengthy amount of time. Hardly ever get my issue resolved yet they increase my bill by $20 every year. They continue to remove channels as they increase the rates. Get less for more money. On Demand is always on the fritz, our local office doesn’t even have a phone number, and the only reason we’re stuck with this company is because the satellite companies can’t get a signal with all of our trees. Calling Monday and canceling my subscription. I’d rather do without TV than deal with this sorry excuse for a business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Outrageous. They tell me I don't get credit for cancellation until items picked up or return. I called. They say tech supposed to pick up, but they don't know when. I have to wait for this monopoly to pick up and it could take tomorrow or whenever but I must be home or take 2 buses to return them. They are abusive.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Though their internet may be great their customer service is lacking, if I could give less then 1 star I would. Katherine a "supervisor" for their customer care center was not only rude, but cursing on the phone. How is that customer service. Maybe this company should look into who is being the voice of their company. When I asked to talk to her supervisor she kept putting me on hold then would pick the phone up herself. Obviously she knew she was in the wrong and didn't want her superiors to know. Step up your game Atlantic Broadband. You've lost this customer.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Terrible Company, On hold as I write this, I see a charge on my bill for calling 411 when I lost all power, TV, phone, internet after some drunk hit a pole. Phone finally worked & I called to find out what happened & I was charged!!! I'm NOT paying my bill. Screw you like you're trying to Screw me!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Call to discuss account and sit on hold for 15 minutes. We are your customers. We pay your bills. And then to hear you advertise a show called “Smilf” very unprofessional. Thank God my wife didn’t call in.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I was paying for the internet but this year my condominium decide included the faster internet service with the cable service with the condominium expenses. It is the same the service. It is off and on all the time. They have a huge problem. I'm in Sunny Isles Fl. It so frustrating to trying to use the internet because sometime no connect for more than a minute and the setting starts scanning. I do not understand how can they cannot FIX THE PROBLEM. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE CONTINUE LIKE THAT. The worst part no other company we can have. If someone one knows please let me know other choices **. I'm very frustrated for 4 years. Thank you. I call them so many times and they do nothing or they. can do know how to fix it. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Just like everyone else I have been on hold for hours. No recording giving the hours they are open or that they are closed at noon every day except Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - then they are closed all day, unless a holiday falls within the 14 preceding days, then they are closed for all 28 days. No TV, phone or internet AGAIN but there is never anything wrong at their end.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

For the past 3-4 days, my internet is down from early morning until about 12-12.30 PM. Called them 3 times on different days, waited for about 2 hours and no one picked up. This is horrible. I have 2 different internet accounts in my house 1- residential 2- business. Both are downs at once.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My internet service was interrupted (again!) so I called the customer service line. I waited TWO HOURS TWENTY FIVE MINUTES and no one picked up the call. The music just kept playing and the automatic voice recording would occasionally interfere to say, "Due to high call volume someone would answer shortly." I waited and waited and waited, no one answered.

When someone finally answered and I explained that I’d waited over 2.5 HOURS, he didn’t apologize or anything of the sort, simply said they had a “high call volume” and that at the time I called they had over 100 calls waiting. I said “so TWO AND HALF HOURS??” He simply said yes. I was at a loss for words. It’s a real shame that Atlantic Broadband has monopoly in East Lyme...or at least in my community. Otherwise I would’ve NEVER used their service. I’m going to look into Dish Network and other alternatives. This lack of customer service and their nonchalance is sickening and unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We have had ABB since May of 2016 and it wasn't until recently (1month ago) we have started to have Internet issues. About a month ago, we decided to purchase our own Modem and Router so we would be able to save money by no longer paying the Modem/Router Lease fee. Coincidentally since then we have had the Internet drop signal sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes longer. We have contacted ABB what seems to be 10+ times, spoken with multiple Representatives (who were all great btw) and the issues still happen. We have since returned the original purchased modem (Arris Surfboard) and are now using a Motorola Modem. Both Modems purchased off Amazon, and both with stellar reviews mind you. The longest period we did not have any interruptions/issues was when we had to reconnect the leased modem during the period we had returned the Arris and were waiting on the Motorola.

Bottom line is this, 1+ year with ABB leased modem, 0 issues. 1 month with own purchased modems constant issues. So what this looks like to me is now that I as a consumer no longer wish to pay ABB their modem leasing fee, they are now giving me service issues. I truly want to believe that a company would not conduct itself in such a manner, but I am left with no other choice now than to think this. We know it is not a modem issue as we have tried a second modem.

Now ABB is sending out a tech to the house to take a look and see if there is something on our end that needs to be fixed. Which seems like yet another way for them to make money as I am sure the tech will find "something wrong" even though there was nothing wrong for the year + I used their modem. If Frontier wasn't the only other option in our area I would have dropped ABB by now. So I feel like a hostage to ABB as I really don't have a choice but to stay with them. I like to give people and business the benefit of the doubt and rarely write reviews, but if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck... you know where I'm going with this.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have been calling for almost 2 months to downgrade, no one ever answers. They are always busy. I leave a callback and don't get one. I am now 2 months behind because no one can answer. If I didn't need my internet I would just completely take myself off them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We have been forced to use Atlantic Broadband as the building I live in does not allow any other provider. I have been using this company for over 4 years now. This company is bad beyond measure. I pay for 100mbps and rarely get half that. Calling the customer service? Good luck! I have actually waited for hours to get to someone. And when you get to someone, it does not end there; they transfer you from one department to another, until you give up. I check the internet speed regularly after realizing that what I pay for is not what I get. I bought a new Apple router for $200 thinking that would solve the issue. It didn't!

I have spent hours on end trying to speak to someone to get an appointment... the wait is endless. One time I waited all afternoon for a technician and nobody showed up, had to rebook another appointment. The time I wasted dealing with this company is ridiculous. If you have an alternative, take that company. What is amazing is that there are bad reviews similar to mine for years yet they get worse and worse every year; that in itself is an accomplishment.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Their internet service is awesome but the customer service is terrible. It takes a minimum of 45 minutes to talk to a live person. Also, I wish there was a better selection of Spanish channels.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Atlantic Broadband is fairly good value but in order to get discount you need to combine other features such as phone and internet. When you call for customer support you usually have to wait a long time for them to answer the phone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Atlantic Broadband Cable, Internet and Phone service is the ABSOLUTE pits. Their customer service is either nonresponsive or when you do finally get to talk to someone after hrs. of being on hold they are rude. Their service technicians can't seem to diagnose the problem therefore the problem NEVER gets fixed. You will wait weeks for a service call to actually happen (again never correcting the problem), yet they want you to pay for your service a month in advance. They will NOT prorate your bill for the services you paid for but never got. These people are the worst company on the planet, so if you’re thinking about using their services you might want to rethink that, run from this company, run as fast as you can. If you decide to use them I GUARANTEE you WILL regret it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We are out of internet service again... Day 3... This is the 6th time in a 2 year time span. Our line doesn't run from a pole to our house directly, it actually runs from a pole through several houses' backyards laying loose on the ground or over someone's fence. We are at the mercy of landscapers, weather, critters, vandals, children. This rig looks like it belongs somewhere in a third world country. I had to plea with our new neighbor a few weeks ago to please not to cut the wire as we and our other neighbors depend on it.

We have complained several times and finally last September when we lost internet again a supervisor came out and promised that they would fix the problem. Guess what... Of course nothing has been done... Every time you call Atlantic Broadband they cannot find any record on our account about the issue and we have complained numerous times. Calling Atlantic Broadband is a nightmare and you will spend hours on the phone. Also every time a tech has to come out you will need to take time off from work... I should start billing Atlantic broadband for all our time lost... Stay clear from this company!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Awful Customer Service. It is impossible to talk to them. Average waiting time is 30 minutes or more and then they put you on hold to transfer you to another department and the wait becomes unbearable. Trying to report a problem and get it solved then, is almost impossible.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I signed up with them and they hooked me up and I had them for 1 week then I noticed my services were disconnected so I called and they told me there was a previous account there. Well they needed my lease then that wasn't good enough so they needed my license. Well now that wasn't good enough so now I spoke with this horrible person Lauren who was very cocky and unprofessional 301-759-4806 number ** and she told me they won't refund my money now until they get their stuff back so I said, "No you can come get it." She is now telling me she won't refund it for another 4-6 weeks and it will be a check. And when I yelled at her she told me how rude and disgusting, trashy and unprofessional I was. Do not waste your time with these people. They will rob you.

Original review: May 12, 2017

My cable bill increased to $243 in July 2016. Today, 5/11/17, I opened my bill. It's now $326 per month, an increase of $83 a month. I was never notified of the increase. The internet is slow. The TV loses it connection at least once a week. And Customer Service doesn't care. "Just bring back your equipment and we'll stop billing you." Guess what? We've started looking for a new provider for our internet and TV service.

Original review: April 25, 2017

We have had AB for three years and I cannot think of one positive thing to say about this company. The internet is sllllooowwwww. I live in LA part of the year and have basic internet. My laptop flies when I'm in NOLA and drags when I'm in Perryville. Same computer. Different internet provider. And I'm paying more for the lousy service! Currently in the process of finding another source. I've had it with this company.

Original review: April 12, 2017

My Mother and I have been having problems with our phone lines, television, and computer connection for 4 months. We do NOT live in the same house - we live 8 miles apart. To call to report a problem entails a 'hold time' for anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. THEN, we have each had technicians come to our houses 3+ times to 'fix' our individual problems. They are STILL not resolved. Mom just told me 2 hours ago that the company gave her credit for all her problems. THEN, her phone went out AGAIN. I have had to keep a LOG of all of my dropped called when I am on the phone. I.T. supervisors are coming to my house on Friday - this will be the 4th trip for the same problem. This company is ridiculous. Poor technicians. Poor communication. Poor supervisors. Poor connections/lines.

If there was another company to change to, we would... but only God knows how Atlantic Broad Band OWNS/CONTROLS most of the t.v., phone and computer connections in our area. So beyond fed up with this company. I scream at them on the phone at this point. My mother has been robbed and has no neighbors close to her - she cannot be without a phone connection and has trouble using her cell phone. My Android is no walk in the park to pull the dial pad up either if I would need 911. I wish the higher ups in this stupid company had HALF the trouble that my mother and I have been having. ** would be changing for sure if they had problems. With as high as the bills are, they could afford to have a technician on call on every street. I AM SO FED UP.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I have had problems with Atlantic Broadband's Internet speed. I just conducted a test on THEIR website and these are the results:?4?/?12?/?2017??12?:?12?:?11??PM Download Speed: 61347 kbps (7668.4 KB/sec transfer rate). Upload Speed: 6536 kbps (817 KB/sec transfer rate). Latency: 8 ms. Jitter: 2 ms. It took me hours on the phone to set up an appointment for a representative to come to the house. He told me it was my T.V. or my Satellite provider that is causing my slow internet connection. He did NOTHING. Everything is slow. My T.V., and my computer. I have done multiple tests to check my speed and it's never the speed it should be.

Today was exceptionally slow but, knew I would spend hours on hold trying to contact customer service so I decided to do the internet chat online. Could not get a representative after about 15 minutes of waiting ABB ends the chat session. I tried 3 times. There are no other internet providers in Warrenville or Aiken city limits. Comcast is barred in my area so broadband is all we have. Isn't that a monopoly?? I HATE ATLANTIC BROADBAND. People in my neighborhood have complained and their internet got even slower after complaining. I think they do that on purpose.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I have been on the phone now for 1hr 23 min for a technical issue. When a customer service rep finally answered the line and I said I had technical issues, can't watch the channels I have paid for and was automatically debited 3 days ago, rep didn't even let me talk. Just said "I'm transferring you to the technical assistance" and I've been holding on the line ever since with none of my favorite channels available.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Have been on hold now for 2 hours waiting for someone to pick up the phone regarding our service. We have been having continuous problems with our internet, television, and phone service with no satisfaction following the service technicians visits. Today is fourth day in the last seven that we have had service interruptions. The interruptions are annoying enough, but what is more disappointing is the lack of customer service that Atlantic Broadband offers their customers. AWFUL customer service, if there was another option, we would never keep the service.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I am an EXPRESS internet service customer of Atlantic Broadband. Full rack rate per month is $67.99. Advertised download speeds are up to 65 Mbps. I understand that the operative phrase therein is "up to." Nevertheless, after weeks of random speed tests varying days of the week and times of the day, using Atlantic BB's own speed test tool, the average download speed isn't remotely close to the cap. In actuality, it's only 9.2% of the advertised cap (6 Mbps).

I fully realize other variables are at play, but they are reasonably addressed. I build my own PCs and the one used in testing is a relatively new build with current, top-on-the-line components. Modem download capabilities are in the Gbps. Testing was done hardwired on the line entering the house (although I fully rewired the home with CAT6 when we renovated).

Considering all of that, I think the problem squarely rests with AtlanticBB. I can only conclude that AtlanticBB's infrastructure (and/or whatever it leases) are subpar and/or AtlanticBB purposefully controls bandwidth. At the discovered test speed average, it's just enough to support generally streaming HDTV and won't noticeably affect email, streaming music, browsing, and most gaming activities. While I realistically don't expect 65 Mbps in download speeds, I DO expect reasonable service for a fair price. And Atlantic BB doesn't provide anything close to that.

Original review: March 1, 2017 Daily Intermittent internet outages which has a negative impact on my spouse, because part of her job she does from home over the internet. Daily problems with the TV signal dropping for a second or two, maybe three then coming back. Sometimes this happens every few minutes, sometimes every few seconds. Not all channels are affected. No rhyme nor reason. Looks suspiciously like what I've seen happen with satellite TV service providers during bad weather.

I have called customer service in the past but rarely come away from the experience feeling like anything was accomplished.

With the internet the problem seems to linger on, so this past Thursday/Friday I called Atlantic Broadband customer service and spoke to a young man that checked out the modem remotely and could tell I've been resetting it from time to time, suggested I might want to purchase my own modem, that the rental modem might be the problem, even though it seemed to check out OK. So I purchased a modem and will set it up later this week and I hope the new modem resolves the issue we have been having the internet for over a year. To be completely honest I don't believe it will, but I'll give it a shot. I'll know soon enough if the new modem solves the problem.

More recently we have started to experience the problem mentioned in the opening paragraph with the TV and tonight it was just too much having the TV go in and out every few seconds, so I called Atlantic BroadBand customer service. The first call I made I received the same pre-recorded message I've been hearing for years, about being a high value customer and then being given the option to be called back.

To request the call back all I have to do is press 1, which I did. Well, it didn't work. I found myself on hold. After just under 15 minutes my call was answered. I explained the problem and was instructed to unplug the high definition box connected to the TV and then plug it back in, which I did. I was asked if that took care of the problem. No, the problem didn't go away, but she did. I found myself talking on the phone, but we were no longer connected. So I called back. After going through the menu and the prerecorded you a high value customer and your call is valuable to us recording again, I pressing 1 again for a call back and again found myself on hold. For some reason I get the impression the call back feature was turned off or disconnected. I wonder why?? After waiting for just over twenty minutes I hung up. However, the twenty minutes wasn't a total waste of time.

I sat down with my spouse and had dinner. OK, so I eat fast. However, when dinner was over and I was still on hold listening the prerecord list of techno stuff Atlantic BroadBand overs and that I would ask my service person about them I was done. I was done chasing the Atlantic BroadBand service unicorn. Atlantic BroadBand service does leave me feeling like I'm chasing a unicorn. My wife and I were considering switching our home phone service from AT&T to Atlantic BroadBand. Well considering how intermittent the internet service has been and the problems with the TV service we wisely decided it was never going to happen.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

First, it took an hour to get somebody in tech support, second the modem did not connect right. Called back, 2 more hours on the phone. They never could get my 6190 Modem to connect. Had to switch back to my older modem. I spent a grand total of about 3 1/2 hours on the phone, only to connect my old modem back!!! WOW.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Service was not be as fast as speeds promised. Internet is still the fastest in my rural area that I live in. Phone is terrible cuts out, echos, total crap. Called several times over hour wait each time. Just thought I would warn some people. If you have other options go with them!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Today I called Atlantic Broadband Customer Care because of an increase in my bill. When I signed up for their internet service I was informed that I would be on a promotional price for a year plus any rental fees and that after the 12 month promotional rate I would pay the full price plus rental fees, in which I accepted these terms.

Last February I saw the increase they told me about and the amount also matched, which again I knew it would increase after 1 year and then I would be paying full price. I call and the info was confirmed. This February comes around and I see another bill increase, so today I decided I would call and see why the increase. When I express my concern and the knowledge to my agreement I was told that regardless of what I was told when I signed up, what she saw on her end was a 2 year promotion, that the amount I had paid in the last year still included a promotional discount but now I would be paying full price. I informed the rep that I did not understand why it showed a 2 year promotional price since I was told last year I was already at full price plus equipment. Again the answer is no matter what I was told this is the new price.

The problem I have with that is that I was told a year prior I was already paying full price and even asked if there is a way to listen to the audio from when I signed up and when I followed up last year because I understood she is reading what the system said but at the same time it was not what I was told or agreed on when I signed up. Her reply was that unfortunately she could not change the price and she could not deny or confirm what I was told, so she would transfer me to a supervisor. I understood her position and respected it and waited to be transferred.

When the BRYNN the SUPERVISOR gets on the phone she asked for my account info and asked what the problem was. Again I explained everything from day 1 til the present and this is where things take a very bad turn for the worst. She tells me that regardless of what I was told that Atlantic Broadband had given me credits on year 2 and that the price I will be paying from now on is what I was billed regardless of who told me that I would be paying full price. I let her know that I also work with the public and that a company cannot sign someone up and when they ask for the terms in which they signed up with to be explained and honored that at the very least they could look at what type of offer I was told I would be on since she didn't even know the amount I was to be paying cause when I asked she very quickly and in a condescending manner just kept repeating full price.

She continues with verbatim "I don't understand what you want me to do. This is the way we do promotions and if you don't want the credits we gave you I can just charge your account the full amount of credits we gave you which will then put you at full price as of last year. Is that what you want me to do? Huh? Huh?" I told her I was not disrespecting her and there was no need for her disrespect. In which she replies "Again I don't know why you are acting so confused and I really don't know what you want me to do. You were on a promotion. Now the promotion is over so you now pay the full amount. I can't just give you a discount just because you wanted to pay full price after the first year but if you didn't like our discount just let me know and I will gladly bill you for them and that should make you happy then since you will get what you are asking for which is pay full price after the first year. Right? Right?"

Now at this point I'm very angry and still was very polite in saying that all I wanted was for them to honor what I was promised when I signed up and if they looked into it and it was deemed I was incorrect that I'd gladly pay whatever I had to pay. My call was not to get credits or get over on the company. I simply wanted them to look into why I was told I was in a one year discounted price and after that I would be at full price unless there was a plan increase in two different occasions and now I'm being told and billed something completely different. She again goes back to "I can just build you for the credits you received last year if you want me to." Since she wasn't understanding I let her know is that all I wanted them to do was honor what they promised or I didn't want service from a company that makes promises and doesn't honor them and treats people the way she was treating me.

She tells me she can't help me with that that she will just transfer me to Retention. The lady from retention was very apologetic and actually looked at the account, apologized on behalf of the company for Brynn's actions and explained that all she sees was a 2 year commitment and that she apologized I was told something else. I don't understand why they allow their reps to promise things that are not true and get away with it. I was not calling to get around the system and get credits on my bill. All I wanted was for them to keep their word or clear up how I might have misinterpreted if that was the case. Instead I get Brynn the Supervisor's attitude and disrespect.

If there was any other provider that was worth my while in this area I would definitely switch providers even if I was to pay double or even triple as long as their customer service is nothing like what I received today. I just got a call for a survey in which was about someone else and I gave them the worst of scores because of how I was treated and left a recording stating that everyone else I spoke with today was very professional but that Brynn was horrible in every way possible.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information