Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.24/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

It's always a billing issue with this company. Got an awesome rate when I first got their service. Then the increases come. Why is it I have to call in every year to get a lower rate for ok internet service. $122 for just internet is ridiculous. Then they say they can't do anything for me a loyal customer for so long. Not to mention being on hold for 30-45 minutes every time you call in. This company has by far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. To top it all off after I canceled service for poor customer service I find out there are no other high speed internet service providers in my area to go with so I will wind up going back to them for internet. This doesn't seem right to me. It's like they have a monopoly on service in my area. Wish I had other options.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My TV had no signal for over TWO WEEKS and now, also my internet is down since Tuesday. Called several times and put on hold for 15-20 minutes until disconnected. Sent 4 emails, with NO ANSWER! Attempted the chat, with NO ANSWER! IS THIS CHAT ANOTHER SCAM OF YOURS? YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

This has to be my 4th time getting or at least trying to get a hold of Atlantic Broadband since July 24th when we moved into our home. NOW my Tivo is not working and on the channel guide all it says is "to be announced". I went through everything the so called tech on the phone and the tech on f.c. messenger. NO luck with any. Now mind you I was on hold for over a hour but other times it was almost 3 hours! SO sick of paying for a service and not getting it. And not being able to TALK to a person. Checking other cable providers and maybe a antenna. Just sick of the crap.

Original review: July 30, 2020

First let me say that I can't complain about the cable signal or bandwidth or phone. But...getting tired of complaining about our bill. Last month, we were promised a verbally locked in rate of $148.31 for two years for basic package (we agreed to throttle down our internet since we dont stream videos, only have the epix movie channel that can have the same program on two of the four channels). If we decided to go elsewhere during this period, ABB said they would back bill us for each month of this package since this is a discounted package. So, next thing you know, the next bill we get is for 157.27.

This company billing is like the wild wild west. Anything goes and they always have an excuse for the increase. So, tomorrow we have to hold for an hour on speakerphone to wait for a rep. (Wife couldn't get a rep this evening, but the recording said if she wanted to talk to a rep to pay her bill, the fee would be $5.00 LOL). Most companies, during this pandemic, are cutting people breaks with their bills. My insurance company is CUTTING my bill $15.00/mo. Going to start investigating other alternatives. I think the state should investigate their billing practices. Rant over.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have been using ABB for years. They provide internet with high speeds and high promises, which are never met. Comparing with other reliable sources, multiple co-workers, etc. Their prices are never the same. I am paying $100 for 300mbps, co worker is getting their new 1g package for the same price. I am really tech savvy, and on multiple occasions I’ve noticed they throttle the internet speeds, you may pay for a package like I am, but get better speeds from a Verizon hotspot via cell phone. How pathetic. Then you call them, they whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Guarantee in three months you will be back on the phone waiting an hour just to be told “your internet is working right now sir”. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS, including probably dial up, GO WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER. This provider obviously has no care to provide real customer service, if so they wouldn’t have 2.3 stars....

Original review: July 13, 2020

I'm reasonably happy with the service except for 3 things:

1. They don't offer DECADES Television channel.
      2. Not real happy with Tivo — it's too confusing.

3. When you select a channel it doesn't automatically go to the hi-def version. If you don't key in "804" for example and just "4" it won't play the hi-def version.

Original review: July 7, 2020

We are bundled with ABB. We lost all service due to a storm on 7/6 at 8:15 pm. I called (25 minutes on hold) and was told it was a commercial box that cut service to many customers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. No estimated time for repair. I called again Tuesday morning, 7/7 and was told my problem was more localized. They won’t provide service until Friday, 7/10. I work from home. In addition, I’ve lost my internet connection several times during important business meetings since I signed up with Atlantic Broadband in April. I could never recommend ABB. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Make sure you know your modem and its speed before you call! They will tell you that the problems are because “your modem is not capable of their speed.” I checked my modem and it handles more than I was paying for!!! By 150mpbs more!!! I will spend another hour on hold again to tell them this. Lying, horrible company. If my area could get ANY other internet I would switch! Comcast hear our cries and please come to Smithfield!!!

Original review: May 3, 2020

Not very happy with Atlantic Broadband internet services! We honestly have had trouble with the internet dropping out several times a day since they took over. They have come out to our home at least 5 times to try to fix this issue. Replaced the modem but still is doing the same thing! Every time they come out they tell us it is fixed and it seems to work correctly for a couple of days then it goes right back to the same problem. Have had to call customer service several times and wait forever before speaking to someone. Then we are on the phone for like 2 hours only to be told again they will have to come out again to fix the problem. Very frustrated. Just want to have our services. We pay for every month work! And believe me it is highway robbery what they charge! Wish they had other choices to switch to because then they would have some competition and maybe things would change.

I have seen several complaints about them but nothing seems to change. We also have to be available on their times for them to come out which means losing time at work each and every time! It is not right and we should not have to have a company come out that many times. Not sure if they use faulty equipment or the service tech doesn’t know how to fix the problem or they just want to keep charging customers money for coming out. I was with metro cast before them and have been a loyal customer for many years but am considering going elsewhere at this point. I mean why am I paying for a service that partially works most of the time!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was formerly a Metrocast customer, almost three years ago, and had my payments set up to withdraw directly from my bank account. I moved and transferred ownership of the account to my former roommate, who has been paying and using the service. In the intervening years, Metrocast became Atlantic Broadband. In March of this year, Atlantic Broadband stole $164 from me via direct withdrawal.

I spent over a week trying to resolve the issue and get the money back through a series of representatives that had no understanding of how this could have happened or why. I called four times, emailed three times, spoke to someone through their Twitter account, and was even lied to about nobody getting back to me because my phone line had been disconnected and the call wasn't going through. My phone is fine, I had three friends with different carriers call me to test it. In the end, Atlantic Broadband told me there was no way this was their doing. It was third-party fraud and I should dispute it through my bank and GET A NEW BANK ACCOUNT.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information