Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.25/5

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: July 7, 2020

We are bundled with ABB. We lost all service due to a storm on 7/6 at 8:15 pm. I called (25 minutes on hold) and was told it was a commercial box that cut service to many customers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. No estimated time for repair. I called again Tuesday morning, 7/7 and was told my problem was more localized. They won’t provide service until Friday, 7/10. I work from home. In addition, I’ve lost my internet connection several times during important business meetings since I signed up with Atlantic Broadband in April. I could never recommend ABB. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Make sure you know your modem and its speed before you call! They will tell you that the problems are because “your modem is not capable of their speed.” I checked my modem and it handles more than I was paying for!!! By 150mpbs more!!! I will spend another hour on hold again to tell them this. Lying, horrible company. If my area could get ANY other internet I would switch! Comcast hear our cries and please come to Smithfield!!!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Not very happy with Atlantic Broadband internet services! We honestly have had trouble with the internet dropping out several times a day since they took over. They have come out to our home at least 5 times to try to fix this issue. Replaced the modem but still is doing the same thing! Every time they come out they tell us it is fixed and it seems to work correctly for a couple of days then it goes right back to the same problem. Have had to call customer service several times and wait forever before speaking to someone. Then we are on the phone for like 2 hours only to be told again they will have to come out again to fix the problem. Very frustrated. Just want to have our services. We pay for every month work! And believe me it is highway robbery what they charge! Wish they had other choices to switch to because then they would have some competition and maybe things would change.

I have seen several complaints about them but nothing seems to change. We also have to be available on their times for them to come out which means losing time at work each and every time! It is not right and we should not have to have a company come out that many times. Not sure if they use faulty equipment or the service tech doesn’t know how to fix the problem or they just want to keep charging customers money for coming out. I was with metro cast before them and have been a loyal customer for many years but am considering going elsewhere at this point. I mean why am I paying for a service that partially works most of the time!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was formerly a Metrocast customer, almost three years ago, and had my payments set up to withdraw directly from my bank account. I moved and transferred ownership of the account to my former roommate, who has been paying and using the service. In the intervening years, Metrocast became Atlantic Broadband. In March of this year, Atlantic Broadband stole $164 from me via direct withdrawal.

I spent over a week trying to resolve the issue and get the money back through a series of representatives that had no understanding of how this could have happened or why. I called four times, emailed three times, spoke to someone through their Twitter account, and was even lied to about nobody getting back to me because my phone line had been disconnected and the call wasn't going through. My phone is fine, I had three friends with different carriers call me to test it. In the end, Atlantic Broadband told me there was no way this was their doing. It was third-party fraud and I should dispute it through my bank and GET A NEW BANK ACCOUNT.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Atlantic Broadband has the worst customer service call center of any service provider. I can call anytime of day, any day of the week and be on hold for at LEAST 30 minutes. After 4 attempts over a 4 day period and a cumulative hold time of close to 2 hours, I finally spoke to t person. After 30 minutes trying to resolve my issue the representative scheduled a service call. I receive a confirmation via a text message for my appointment. I waited the scheduled 2 hour window and the service tech has not showed up. I called the customer service number to inquire when the tech will arrive. I am typing this review as I have been (and still am) on hold for 15 minutes and counting. I wish I had an alternative choice for TV service. All the top executives at Atlantic Broadband should be required to call their customer service number on a weekly basis and remain on the line until they speak to a person.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

If you can avoid AtlanticBB, do so. But here there is little else to go on. Right now I have been waiting over an hour for an agent to pick up the phone on their call-in helpline. Sad. As soon as I can leave AtlanticBB I will. And then last time I called in, it took about 45 minutes for the agent to answer and she said she had to connect me to a technician. Instead, she just put me back on the same phone waiting line. Miserable service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

First let me tell you their service is always going out and is really slow. Speed test never reaches 100/10 as we pay for. They do not offer fiber in our area, so slow speed with at least 1 outage a week. We had our home, business and church through them. Home we just switched to a company that gives us 1 gig for less than we paid for 100/10 through Atlantic Broadband. Customer service times are crazy. Like 30 minutes to an hour. The longest I waited was an hour and 20 minutes.

So we just canceled our home internet with them. They came out years ago and installed the box and cables. No I just had to drive over an hour one way to drop the box off or they would charge me for it. The person at the location I dropped of could care less. I asked if it cost a lot of money for new customer acquisition and his response was, "I'm sure a lot." I said you make me drive over 2 hours to drop off a box and you think that is right. He laughed and said, "Yea that sucks." Great customer service.

Business service is horrible. Constantly really slow or down. We had our phone down and not working for a whole day once and hours at a time every month. We are switching to another provider in a month when the fiber lines are complete. Have been on hold for literally hours at a time trying to get customer service. They are horrible.

Now the church... What a bunch of crooks. We started live streaming our services and the connection was so slow. So I did a speed test and they had our church on a throttled down 15/5 service charging us more than a 75/10 plan. I talked to customer service and they said that is what they ordered years ago and they no longer had plans that slow, so they actually throttled the speed down and charged us for a rate 5 times faster yet didn't upgrade our speed. They did this for years and thought that was OK. Really, ripping off a church. Told me the person doing the bills should have caught that and gotten the free upgrade. That it was our 70+ year old treasurer that should have caught their over billing for the slower speed. Did they offer any rebate or any apology? Nope, just blamed us for not staying on top of it. If I could give them negative stars I would, this company could care less about their customers and to rip off a church, that is a new low!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I have been with ABB since 11/27/17. I have added DTA's and I use a Tivo DVR on the main TV. There are 4 DTA's which I plan on returning two of them. Then I want to ask why my bill has gone up from about $158 to $198!? I just don't think the service is worth it for that money. The package is filled up with a bunch of shopping and religious channels which I cannot stand! The only premium channel is EPIX which mostly shows old movies. I really don't care for waiting up to 45 minutes on the phone to talk to a human either. In order to add channels you like you have to add more money to your bill-not good! I am going to cut the cord and go Roku soon 'cause this is BULL!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Atlantic Broadband is the only game in town in some areas of Belle Vernon, PA. After 1 month of lies, false starts, empty promises, I think the public should be made aware of what can happen when management has an indifference and lies go unaccounted for. If you can't install, or fix the problem, then why are you filling the mailbox with fliers and ads promoting your services? Just admit you don't have savvy techs and don't service the area. Three installers, three lines men and still no service.

Never once notified customer of cancellation, and the customer had to call after the appointment slot was passed and nobody showed up. Then the response was, "Oh, I see the order was cancelled." Yep. And nobody was ever told. So the customer's time was unimportant. So, why don't you just admit you are using advertising to get responses for a need in a certain area you don't currently service? Neither Ben nor Keith of Uniontown, PA followed up or advised via phone or text of what the problem was. They went home to a Merry Xmas while the customer with cancer was left abandoned. Shame on your entire company. You are liars by definition.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Horrible Internet, I'm paying for a speed of 1GB. And it's super slow, every time I do a speed test I don't go over 600MB. The internet comes and goes, Impossible to play online or streaming. I had technicians switching modem 4 times already. Customer service is ok, if you are willing to wait an hour to speak to a representative. If you have another option take it.. Unfortunately for me I got no other choice.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information