3.6/5 (118 ratings)

About Atlantic Broadband

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I have had this internet service since May 2021. I am actually waiting a "Call Back" 2 1/2 hours! I can not use many of my services because the installer did not give me ABB email so I am supposed to sign in to watch PBS etc but can not. I never can get through to customer service. Is One person representative all they have, I don't know but it is extremely frustrating.

When I watch TV or a movie the program has to reboot often throughout the movie. This company gives you this service for 54$ for the first 6 months. It is now October. In Nov it jumps up to 109$ per month. I'm a senior on a low fixed SS. I can not afford 109$ a month just to watch TV. It seems as though they are the only providers for this place. So they get away with pretty much any price. Not sure why this is the only provider for here, it is a very well established town I call it a city. Bumper to bumper traffic. Nearly impossible to get out of the driveway here.

Now I've been waiting 2 hrs and 40 minutes for a call back! Really? What the hell is wrong with this negligent Company!! To ignore their clients that made them rich? I do not recommend this loser careless "non existent" customer help "provider". I say that tongue in cheek because they do not provide customer support. Zilch. Nonya. Nightmare company nor is their internet worth a hill of beans. It's now going on 2 1/2 hours waiting for a call back! Seriously?! Do not I repeat do NOT get this company for tv, internet or any product they Claim to o have cuz it's poor.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

TWO hours spent on the phone and online trying to cancel an appt. The problem is still not resolved which means I spent another hour waiting for a callback to resolve the problem. My 91 YO is paying nearly $300 a month for NO premium channels and horrible service. Even worse is that she relies on closed captioned devices that require internet connectivity, which she loses at least 2-3 times a week. Horrible for anyone, especially the elderly or hearing impaired.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Like almost every other reviewer, I have experienced continuous and consistent loss of service (up to 4 times weekly); horrendous customer service (expect to wait an hour or more per call); and a dramatic increase in service costs (+$61.) over the course of 6-months. By far the worst internet provider I have EVER experienced. Like most others here, they have a monopoly in my town as well. They are acutely aware of this fact and act accordingly. They treat their customers like they truly do not matter.

In addition to zero customer service, expect some of the worst hardware. I have had to replace my modem twice now because of loss of service. Because I could not reach anyone by phone, I had to drive 25 min. to their offices. Most recently, I was charged an extra $10. for "increased speed". I NEVER asked for this add-on, but the operator insisted that I had. I honestly think that the Bureau of Consumer Protection needs to take a hard look at this company. Unfair and deceptive practices galore.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I experienced an 80 minute phone wait for equipment replacement due to failure. The power unit for my cable box has failed and is very hot. The phone is answered by a recording with multiple choices which do not include equipment replacement or equipment failure. I am looking for an alternative TV and Internet provider.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The worst internet company I've had the displeasure of working with. They have long wait times to reach a customer service representative and they don't all give you the proper information. It's cheaper to have your own router and use autopay but be carefully; always check your bill. If you have service issues and you don't have their router, you're on your own. If the signal needs to be bumped up, don't hold your breath for them to come out, you'll probably pass out first. If you're in St. Mary's County MD, they have monopolized the area and only some towns have great coverage. The prices are outrageous at after 6 months. If you want to switch speeds, make sure it's after your did months or your promotional offer will be terminated the day you request a change.

Original review: July 10, 2021

On the phone with a rep of the company and after 20mins of waiting, was able to speak to an individual about the issue. He primarily focused on that the issue was modem-related. I had already reset the modem prior, yet he persisted. Rather than resolve the issue, he wanted to be my therapist and told me to calm down. Note that in the history, this issue has occurred just about a dozen times in Q2. Very unacceptable already. He avoided solving the issue and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Twenty minutes later, he comes back and mumbles a few words then automatically hangs up the phone. When the actual hell is this acceptable? I called back again to speak to another person and they put me on an instant disconnection when calling. This company needs to be investigated and most of their people fired for this service.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Been with ABB since 2017. One year after, new customer discount was removed. For the first few years, service was somewhat reliable though speeds were rarely what I was paying for. Called customer support to alter speeds at a lower rate. Speeds then became more reliable and rarely suffered an outage. Moved to a newer building, same zip code, in '21. Unfortunately, dealt with many conflicting statements from other customer reps regarding speed, payment, service, and even my location was recorded incorrectly. After nearly a half dozen back and forth calls, I finally spoke to a woman named Chris, who was able to resolve all of my issues, as well as a proper service speed and price. She was amazingly patient and polite. Atlantic Broadband never contacted me after for a review, so I am leaving one here in the hopes that someone will see it.

Original review: June 10, 2021

7 1/2 years since no one else provided service in my area without a phone. Paid years and rented all modems from ABB. Hours hours on hold to try to get through. Tech support is a joke. Modems are faulty and they know it. Plug and unplug modems multi times a day. 3 modems none work and internet (if you have any) is slow on highest package. Technician came out and checked wiring. Said it was modem again. After he left the NEW MODEM didn’t work (back to plug and unplug). ABB office is right down the street from my house. Goodbye finally!!!! Better cell companies offering WAY higher internet for a fraction of the cost. Someone needs to investigate this company please!??

Original review: May 20, 2021

Do not use this company for your internet service. They are a corporate giant, who gobbles up your local internet service provider, then they do nothing to increase their own customer service department personnel. Do the math, if you add 2 million new customers to your revenue stream, you are going to need to hire more customer service personnel. But that would cut into the company's profit, and the new CEO wouldn't look as good, and would have to buy a yacht that is 50 feet smaller than the other guy's yacht. They bought my local company, then they cut off my auto-pays without notifying me, then they cut off my internet. Great retention plan AB!

I called customer service of my old company to learn that AB had bought them. I called AB and I literally waited on hold for 46 minutes. Then I spoke to a girl who was 400 miles from me, and she disconnected my call! So I went to their website and "got in line" for their online chat, which also had an obscene waiting line. I literally fell asleep waiting for "my turn" to complain. So the next morning, I woke up and immediately "got in line" on their website. I was literally 8:01 a.m., and there was already a waiting line of people eager to complain. If you have any technical difficulties with your service, get ready to wait an hour or more to try to resolve it. Who has that kind of time? Stay away from this corporate giant; they care only about profits.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Ever since I got my Internet and TV service with Atlantic Broadband (unfortunately the only available company at Aiken, SC), first at a rental condominium then now an apartment -- it has been a very horrible experience: unreliable technicians, ridiculous customer service (no matter how simple your problem is, technical or anything - your waiting time on the phone is at least 45 minutes. Now I have technical issues at my apartment and I have been on hold for 1 hr and 15 minutes, and still counting believe-it-or-not) --- everything is real pain. I wish I have another choice. Believe-it-or-not, this is the apartment complex's choice as well, so I am a captive hostage (no other choice). Experience with this company is like living at third world countries, I thought I'm in America. This is beyond 'ridiculous'. There might be only one person on duty at their Customer Service in the entire USA. Very frustrating!!! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Atlantic Broadband Company Information