3.55/5

230 Atlantic Broadband Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

I came on this website to see reviews, because the Atlantic Broadband was the only WiFi available for where I live, so I gave it a chance because I didn’t have a choice, I am GLAD I did!! I got the highest which was 250 for my internet plan, and I live in a small condo, the 250 is for a house! People get the lowest plan and have kids and they wonder why their WiFi is so slow. That is why, you get what you pay for! Today is the day they came and set me up the guy was so nice! The internet is great and it’s only $70 month for the first year, it’s legit, yeah people think that’s a lot of money, but it’s a great service. I’m glad we ignored the bad reviews because there was a lot of them!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After seeing all of the reviews, the Belmont NH office is incredible. From Ken who walked me over the phone through some issues, to the next day Tom who found other problems that were slowing my internet down, to Patti who helped me define what my needs were, to Susan the customer rep who helped me understand an upgrade to my service. Atlantic Broadband should be proud of these dedicated employees. Do I like the fees? No. Do I like the extra surcharges for watching local tv and sports that I cannot negotiate? No. But that is out of the hands of the local employees who went above and beyond. Glad I live in Belmont NH.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The call-in self help option is easy to navigate and pay your bill. And, if you're late it also doesn't make you pay your whole bill. You have the option of paying just your late amount. They even have a "promise-to-pay" which you can use (I think every 6 months) if you're going to be really late. However, you have to call in or do live chat online for this. Live chat is always immediate if you are waiting a long time on the phone. I rarely have an internet outage and if there is one it is clearly explained on the initial message if/when you call in. I'm not sure if there is a late payment fee. But, if there is one, it is a small penalty.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I live in an area where Atlantic Broadband is really the only option for internet, so I bundled. Not only was the price fair and the "express" internet option a great choice but it was great for the pocketbook. Fast forward 3 years. Sure, Atlantic Broadband has problems in the winter when it is 5 degrees out, but when you call to report an outage, they say, "there is no outage in your area."

So, my family fell upon hard times. My wife has cancer. I need to cut unneeded expenses. So, I looked ABB's internet deals saw 250mbps for $49.99. So, I ordered Sling TV and thought I'll cut the cable and save $100+ a month. Called ABB, oh, that $49.99 price is only for new customers. Customers who have been with ABB for over 3 years get no discount whatsoever... My price is $100/month for the same service. Let's just say, Xfinity is one street away from my house now... Once it expands service to my street, guess who's switching?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I ordered internet and cable bundle thinking I could try both out for the discounted rate and drop cable if I didn't want it. They are the only service, outside of DirecTV, offered in my area. I called up to cancel the cable because it and the internet are absolute below par in every respect. I was told that my bill would then be over a $100 a month for just their slow internet since I'd no longer be considered a new customer and would get charged full price. I'll will switch instantly when Fios is available in my neighborhood.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was so glad to receive internet service from Atlantic broadband in my area with no other option, the fact that my 200mbps runs at under 20mbps is GREAT! I cant understand how i got so lucky to have a provider that understands that i needed slower speeds and crap service. Thank you ABB for being your best, sUPer FaSt iNTerNEt! Cant stream, game, or even load email without my PC falling on its face. WOW!!! Im also hardwired and this still happens.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My cable would not work for 3 months and they would only credit me $19, even though when the repair person came they said they originally installed a "bad" modem. Atlantic Broadband is a Piece of garbage company.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I went inside the building to make a payment just like I have always done. This time there was a new person at the counter. I paid and left. The next day I was going over my checking account and instead of $54.90 I was charged $540.90. I am on social security and I need my money. I was told it would take 3 to 5 business days to return my money. It is now the 6 days. It just happened to be a week end in those days. They never even offered me any kind of explanation never sorry. No reduction in my account. I feel I have been robbed. I will look at my receipt from now on. I hope every patron does the same.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We have had them for 6 months now and their internet is awful. We never got good signal and after have a tech come out weekly for 2 months they had to run a new line under my house. It maybe fixed the problem for a month and a half. Now the internet will cut off about 4-5 times a day. Unfortunately there isn’t another company we can get due to our location. With cable and internet the bill is extremely high and paying for internet that does not like to work most of the time is really aggravating and annoying! Someone else PLEASE open up another internet provider in Aiken SC that people in the “county” can have access to! !

Original review: May 4, 2019

Internet goes out 2 or 3 times a day. I have to unplug the modem at least twice a week. The Wi-Fi is also unreliable. I was just watching Star Wars, the ending scene where Luke blows up the space station, and the Internet goes out just before he shoots the torpedoes. By the time it came back on the next movie had already started. Unacceptable.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have Atlantic Broadband's premier package, which has claims of speeds that are "up to" 250 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. I've never seen it anywhere above 15 Mbps download in my entire life. When I moved to a new area and saw that Atlantic Broadband was my only option for an internet service provider, I almost cried. I read all the reviews and thought, "Hey, it can't actually be THAT bad?" Oh boy... was I wrong.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I used to hate Comcast until I moved to where AtlanticBB is my only cable provider. Now I consider COMCAST a great company. Their IT setup is from the 1990s; I have at least 3 different log in/password combinations, some of which still say Metrocast, because they cannot figure out single sign on. And every time I try to access the video App or watch tv online the logins and passwords are 'invalid', so I have to call up and give them more identification types than applying for a mortgage to get them to tell me what THEY think my passwords are or let me reset them.

My digital recorder doesn't know what time an 8 PM show starts, so it records everything 1 minute too soon and cuts off 1 minute before the show ends. For every show. Their ads say watch tv anywhere. What they mean is ANYWHERE BUT via AtlanticBB. I am researching pulling the plug. Satellite is weak in my neighborhood (trees) so I'll have to suffer with their internet and use Hulu etc. for TV.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Internet outages are routine. Not a day goes by that someone in my neighborhood doesn’t lose their internet connection. I’m writing the review with my phone connected to the cellular network because the internet is down. Too bad this company is the only option in St. Mary’s county. I can’t wait for more options.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

No viable alternative except more expensive outlets, and IRONICALLY they offer crap for too much money. Their email isn't formatted for mobile devices, so don't plan on using that. They changed owners, but didn't change the service quality. I WOULD suggest them to my enemies.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

This is literally the worst service I have seen a company offer hands down!! The service is consistently not working, and good luck calling the provider for help, after a good 1-2 hour hold time you will finally be connected to someone who has no clue what the problem is and would rather you not call them. I don't see how they stay in business!! I can't wait to change providers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Atlantic BB is the worst provider EVER! Unreliable service, we spend more time on the phone with them than we do watching TV or surfing the web. I feel bad for the techs who have to face the pissed off customers day in and day out. My family has no choice in a provider. Atlantic is the only game in town. They have us by the short hairs. I hope this company goes belly up. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Customer service representatives are polite, helpful and courteous; however the reliability of their product is Terrible. It is inconceivable how Atlantic Broadband can have such an unreliable product and yet still promote it? Shameful. My heart goes out to the employees that have to represent this company. (Four Times in 8 days I reported no service and the rep said they were having an outage and were working on it.)

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The only saving grace to being a customer is the service is stable, if you can get it working. Because you have no or limited options that treat you horribly. Currently COMCAST/Xfinity has run fiber optics around the area and are about to eat Atlantic BB’s Lunch! Thank the lord for competition! Maybe Atlantic BB will get their act together and treat their existing loyal customers like they treat new customers instead of second class citizens. Long hold times, overcharging for existing customers has been their business model. NO More! Hello COMCAST!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Well...where should I start. I live in an area where Atlantic Broadband is the only internet service provider, so I have no other choice but to go with them. I’ve had them for 2 months and I must say, this has been the WORST SERVICE I’ve ever had in my life!!! It’s not only unreliable, but the customer service is horrible as well!!! I work from home and I’ve lost projects due to the connectivity issues. Did I mention the outrageous price of all the addons just to make the internet work like normal internet should be working (and it still don’t work). It should be illegal for this company to still be doing business. When I had AT&T, I NEVER had any issues. I wish AT&T serviced my current area, because I’ve had enough with Atlantic Broadband expensive, unreliable, unprofessional service!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

You call them up. You wait 30 minutes if you're lucky. You tell them what's going on. They are totally clueless and they won't give you a technician. They get all flustered when you ask them if they actually have a clue then they tell you, "Don't insult me go figure." I live in Griswold. I would dump these dummies yesterday if there was an alternative.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

They are the worst company to deal with! Customer support is answering after 2h waiting and listening their advertising. Impossible to use their site properly. The reset of login or password is a nightmare. The Chat is non-existing. I had to re-type 3 time the text and 2 hours later nothing anyway. From my phone their website is not responsive as it should be. It is full of bug like asking 4 times in a row the account number. Bravo the IT guys! Totally nu, from the coding to the tech support!

Also some bug with the phone, I could not type into the field. How in 2019 idiots are not checking this kind of bugs! After 2h, I got a representative telling me we cannot reset login ID so they should tell instead of making us getting creasy with page that does not work! So they oblige people to call to reset even your password = 2h waiting by phone. They have no respect for the time we spend because idiots manage this company that way!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have been on hold for nearly 2 hours. It would be really nice to talk to an actual human being! They don’t know how to treat their customers who pay for their overpriced services. Not to mention that my bill creeps up in cost constantly! I live in PA and can’t even get Steeler games. I always have the Ravens on multiple channels. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The level of customer service that this company provides is near non-existent. After being on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes, I was transferred to another representative for another 37 minute hold, only to learn that there was no way that they could initiate service for another week and 1/2 because they are too busy. The community that they service lacks Fios so they are essentially the only show in town. Unfortunately, this show is not worth the price of admission!

I am appalled by their lack of concern for their customer's time and the inconvenience that they instill in order to arrange service. They require you take a half day and commit it to them showing up at their whim. They laugh at you when you try to discuss a self-install option and tell you that will never happen with their company. If you have Comcast or Verizon, count your blessings, because just getting service from this company is the most trying experience I have ever had with any utility. The communities that they serve should cancel their franchise agreement with them and invite in another competent vendor that appreciates the time limitations of their customer base.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

"We’ll be there between 11-2," they said. "The tech will call you 1/2 before he gets there," they said. Well, after 40 minutes on hold we were told he would be there 15 mins late. When 15 minutes turned into 30, I cancelled it. We will find another option despite them seeming to be the only cable provider in our area. Is their business model to “serve” rural areas, knowing they have their consumers over a barrel? If so, what a terrible way to operate.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The cost of cable tv is ridiculous!!! In 10 years my cable bill has increased 100%, but the service has not justified the outrageous cost of cable. I am exploring other options and will 'cut the cable'.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I signed up for electronic billing. However, when I receive the bill there's no amount specified and there's no way to log onto the system. They tell me I've never set up a password yet that's untrue. They try to set me up again but aren't able to do so. I've spent way too much time with customer service and they have no idea how to handle the issue. To make things worse, if I want to get the statements mailed to me I am charged extra. So, the only way to pay bills is to call each month once I receive the electronic notification and then send in a check. I give them one star only because zero is not an option.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am not the only person having problems with Atlantic Broadband. So many people I know have ABB and they hate them. Problem is, we cannot get anyone else in our area, so we're stuck with them. And they know this, and take advantage of this. Not anymore. I have started a Facebook group to file a massive complaint against Atlantic Broadband.

How does it work? Well, I am going to file one complaint with the Attorney General of PA, and everyone who posts a complaint against ABB on my Facebook group will also be handled by the Attorney General of PA. This works because Atlantic Broadband's headquarters are in Uniontown, PA, so the Attorney General of PA will handle all complaints against businesses in PA. So, it doesn't matter if you're in SC, VA, WV, NY, or PA, you're still a customer of a company in PA, and that complaint will be handled by the Attorney General of PA.

I have already filed a complaint against them once, and ABB gave me excellent customer care, and knew they had to walk on eggshells because their every move was being monitored by the Attorney General of PA. So if I file another complaint, including my Facebook group, the Attorney General of PA will handle the bulk of the complaints as one complaint.

The hope is that Atlantic Broadband will have no choice but to reform to a fair and honest company with all these complaints against them. Because trust me, from personal experience, ABB is absolutely terrified of one customer with enough knowledge and know how to file one complaint against them. So imagine how they will be feeling when thousands of complaints go against them in fell swoop. If you are interested in joining my group, and having your complaint taken into consideration, please follow this link over to my Facebook group, called "ATLANTIC BROADBAND MASS COMPLAINT"

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I CANCELLED MY SERVICES AND TURNED MY BOX IN THE SAME DAY. TO MY SURPRISE THEY WENT INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT A WEEK LATER, withdrew money for a "Unreturned modem". I even called the 800 number and gave them my confirmation number... To make sure they don't go in my account for anything... But they did. I had to make about three different phone calls to the billing dept. I went to the cable office in person and showed my receipt. Lastly, I was charged at my bank just to change my debit card... To keep them from going in my account again! Needless to say, I was upset, for lack of a better word.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I used to have Metrocast and they were great. Then they became Atlantic Broadband and the service is terrible! The internet can't stay connected for than a minute tonight. Packet loss all over, stay away from these people. Want tech support, you will wait for over an hour to talk to an idiot. I can only assume it's because of all the other dissatisfied customers calling. The only other option available to me is slow satellite internet that has a data cap and a hefty monthly fee.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

First of all their customer service might be good if you can wait an hour or longer to talk to somebody. I've tried them morning, noon or night and I hang up after 20 minutes. That being said I am paying $145 per month for expanded basic and middle-of-the-road internet. They seek out new customers and offer them deals for $79 per month with high speed internet and twice the TV channels I get plus additional perks. They Prey Upon their loyal long-term customers. They refuse to give you any breaks when you confront them and in order to become a new customer again you must drop them for six calendar months. Unfortunately I live in rural Connecticut where there are no suitable alternatives that's why I give the cable Pig a one-star rating. They have earned it.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information