3.44/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Atlantic Broadband

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

239 Atlantic Broadband Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

I came on this website to see reviews, because the Atlantic Broadband was the only WiFi available for where I live, so I gave it a chance because I didn’t have a choice, I am GLAD I did!! I got the highest which was 250 for my internet plan, and I live in a small condo, the 250 is for a house! People get the lowest plan and have kids and they wonder why their WiFi is so slow. That is why, you get what you pay for! Today is the day they came and set me up the guy was so nice! The internet is great and it’s only $70 month for the first year, it’s legit, yeah people think that’s a lot of money, but it’s a great service. I’m glad we ignored the bad reviews because there was a lot of them!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After seeing all of the reviews, the Belmont NH office is incredible. From Ken who walked me over the phone through some issues, to the next day Tom who found other problems that were slowing my internet down, to Patti who helped me define what my needs were, to Susan the customer rep who helped me understand an upgrade to my service. Atlantic Broadband should be proud of these dedicated employees. Do I like the fees? No. Do I like the extra surcharges for watching local tv and sports that I cannot negotiate? No. But that is out of the hands of the local employees who went above and beyond. Glad I live in Belmont NH.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The call-in self help option is easy to navigate and pay your bill. And, if you're late it also doesn't make you pay your whole bill. You have the option of paying just your late amount. They even have a "promise-to-pay" which you can use (I think every 6 months) if you're going to be really late. However, you have to call in or do live chat online for this. Live chat is always immediate if you are waiting a long time on the phone. I rarely have an internet outage and if there is one it is clearly explained on the initial message if/when you call in. I'm not sure if there is a late payment fee. But, if there is one, it is a small penalty.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We've been customers of Atlantic Broadband for a few years now. We have had nothing but issues. Between our internet being super laggy to randomly not working at all. Sure you can contact support on the issue however, you will be waiting a while. Close to hours, actually. It took us months to finally get a representative out to our home only to find out the previous tech didn't set anything up properly. Of course we still had to pay our bill even though we had no internet. Sounds backwards, doesn't it? If this wasn't the only ISP in our area we would have switched immediately. We are essentially forced to use this company. I would not recommend anyone (even if you do 1 Google search/month) to sign up with this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I only use Atlantic Broadband for internet service, because their prices are too high for the reliability they provide. If there was another internet service in my area I would use it. They seem to have high volume black outs during peek times of the day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

We have been an Atlantic Broadband customers for over 20 years. We have TV, Internet and Phone service with them. We have four (4) TV's using their service. This morning one of the TV's was not getting their signal. I called their number and was put on hold for 25 minutes without anyone addressing my concerns. I then hung up and redialed them thinking maybe my call had got lost. They offer a service when you call them to send a signal to your modem thus trying to get the TV to work again, this did not work. I stayed on the phone waiting for someone another 17 minutes with no answer or help. My wife tried to call them again for another 10 minutes and gave up and sent them an email to help us. Very poor Service.... Very discouraged....

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

This is the worst cable service and customer service ever, be ready to spend between an hour to 3 hours just to get connected to representative that at the end will do nothing and leave just frustrated with the waste of time and energy, just to give you schedule for technician a week later. So you have to be without cable and internet meanwhile in 2019 but also keep paying for something you not even getting. Wish I could give zero stars for cable, internet and below zero for customer service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

When I signed up for Atlantic Broadband service at our apartment in Miami Beach, I was given a price quote for unbundled internet service. It seemed a fair price and I was not informed that it was an introductory price only valid for a year. Well, without notice, my price increased to an amount I no longer consider fair. I have Comcast internet service at my primary home. With the Atlantic Broadband price increase, I pay more for their 50 Mbit service than I pay for my Comcast 175 Mbit service. Also, the Comcast service is very reliable, while there have been multiple Atlantic Broadband outages, some last more than a day. I would welcome an internet provider that offers a fair product at a fair price. I'm tired of these companies always playing the 'bundle' game (even though I didn't have a bundled service).

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I used to have Frontier internet service in my house. One day Atlantic Broadband sales representatives he told me, "What about you change to our company and you will get Showtime and HBO for only extra $20." It was good deal and I agreed. When I got the service first I didn’t got HBO but I got Showtime. I called them then after more than half hour they said, "Your agreement doesn’t have HBO." I asked them, "Add HBO and cancel Showtime if it’s same price." They refused and I said, "It’s ok."

When the bill came they charged me 229$ and the sales representative he told me I will pay $70!! I called them to ask. They said, "This is only the first month." Second month I found the bill $120!! Vs I used to pay only $39 with Frontier!! I got mad from the guy lied to me and he said I will only pay $70.. So I asked them to take all extras and leave only the internet. Then I found the bill came $90!! I went to the company, the customer service told me to reduce my bill, "You need to get your own router." I went to Staples. Get a new router. I paid $150 and gave them all the equipment belong to them. I found myself paid $75!!!! Vs I paid about $40 with Frontier.

So I got mad from this company and the bad customer service, I told them I don’t wanna the service anymore. After I paid more than 4 times I paid with Frontier if I stayed with them. And They still needs a money from me $135 and I said, "I will not pay a penny for you." I found out my score credit went from 790 to 735 because they send the bill to collection. This is the worst experience with the company like that. Not recommended at all.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Where I live, AtlBB is the only ISP I can get that offers over 10mbps. I pay for the 250mbps plan, however every month or so I have a week long period where the internet speeds hover around 20-50mbps download and .9mbps upload. I also have constantly spiking ping upwards of 1600ms! It makes it impossible to stream (which I do to supplement my income), or play video games. Even watching Netflix is a constantly laggy experience.

Whenever I try to call customer service, I end up waiting on hold for 2 hours for the automated service to just hang up on me. I can never get through to a human representative. When sending an email with my issues, I get a response that "everything appears to be running smoothly" and no further options for me to receive help. If there were another option for an ISP, I would drop this company in an instant. This is downright ridiculous.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information