Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

It's been reasonably priced because they don't raise the cost constantly like some others. It's pretty reliable, outages are minimal. They do dumb things sometimes like accusing me of hacking and wrecking some company's computer system because whoever did it spoofed my IP address, but once I got a live person they straightened it out. Getting a live person is not the easiest thing to do either. Bad guys spoof people's IP addresses thousands of times an hour, and it's not right to tell me I have to fix the problem for them and threatening to shut off my internet access instead of them handling it. I don't think they have very many real system engineers for the size of the service areas they cover; most of their "technical" people are not very knowledgeable.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Great service and internet. They installed it wrong at first and it was going down a lot, now they have improved all and it works great. Good speed. Reliable, decent customer service, decent price. They should offer their services to all not just Condo Associations. They have a very good setup and use the highest and best technologies. The only issue is on their TV they need to allow you to download your own apps you want, not just use a few they put on.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I'm reasonably happy with the service except for 3 things:

1. They don't offer DECADES Television channel.
      2. Not real happy with Tivo — it's too confusing.

3. When you select a channel it doesn't automatically go to the hi-def version. If you don't key in "804" for example and just "4" it won't play the hi-def version.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Ever since I got my Internet and TV service with Atlantic Broadband (unfortunately the only available company at Aiken, SC), first at a rental condominium then now an apartment -- it has been a very horrible experience: unreliable technicians, ridiculous customer service (no matter how simple your problem is, technical or anything - your waiting time on the phone is at least 45 minutes. Now I have technical issues at my apartment and I have been on hold for 1 hr and 15 minutes, and still counting believe-it-or-not) --- everything is real pain. I wish I have another choice. Believe-it-or-not, this is the apartment complex's choice as well, so I am a captive hostage (no other choice). Experience with this company is like living at third world countries, I thought I'm in America. This is beyond 'ridiculous'. There might be only one person on duty at their Customer Service in the entire USA. Very frustrating!!! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I used them for internet on our boat. It's seasonal usage since we are in New England and the boat gets put away for the winter. I tried to contact them to put us on seasonal hold for the winter but after trying 10 or so times and being on hold for over an hour I gave up. When they came looking for their money I asked the billing person if she could help me and she sent me back to the same number that nobody seems to answer. They manage to staff in the billing department but apparently the customer service department is not important. Well I guess I won't be using them next boating season. Hotspot for me next season.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I have called and called and called, each time waiting more than 90 minutes before hanging up completely frustrated and out of time to wait.

1. when attempting to log into my account, it is not accepting my account number. I tried creating a new login, but it tells me my account number is already registered!
      2. I am not able to access HBO Max.

3. I need to modify the services I currently have.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Worst Customer Service ever, you will wait online for more than 4 -5 Hours and they will not return calls nor emails and basically overcharge you more than $200.00 for services and they write tell lies for giving junk services.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I've been a "preferred" customer for 15 years, and it started out great, compared to AT&T. It has recently started increasing rates every year a lot (15-20%), with no improved services/features, their internet speeds are bad since increased COVID traffic, their tech help and customer service are WORTHLESS, and they never answer their phones anymore. After all these years, I asked to pay ONE bill 15 days late and they hounded me night and day and finally said they'd disconnect me even though I paid when I promised. I am 77 and it is my only connection to the outside world. They are an out of control monopoly now, and do not care how bad they are, because THEY DON'T HAVE TO!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I am outraged at the amount of time I waited for a customer service representative today. I was on hold for 2 hours and then Atlantic broadband cut me off then I was on hold for another 2 hours listening to the same Faith Hill song over and over and over. After 2 and a 1/2 hours I finally get connected to a flunky that was useless. Had no idea how to help me. I have a new remote they sent me and I was trying to program it per their instructions but it wouldn't work. I wanted help from ABB but they failed to resolve my issue. The rep could not help me. He said somebody would call me back within an hour. They didn't and I've been chatting with someone on Facebook and they respond every hour. They do not care about their paying customers. 4 hours on hold should NEVER happen. Only cable company available in our area but I'm dropping them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

When cable cost is more than a car payment. It's time to say bye-bye. Atlantic Broadband made it easy to cut the cord with them and switch to Verizon who charges me much less. You start out at a decent price but within six months, they start adding $10 or so dollars to your bill for one thing or another and you really don't mind, because really, where are you going to get cable television, they are a monopoly in this town. So your bill increases month by month until you're paying an astronomical amount until you can't afford it. Also, if you have a problem with your service with AB be prepared to wait at a minimum of 45 minutes. I never had a problem with their customer service like I see others talk about but the wait time, my Lord, that was awful.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information