Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Atlantic Broadband has the worst customer service call center of any service provider. I can call anytime of day, any day of the week and be on hold for at LEAST 30 minutes. After 4 attempts over a 4 day period and a cumulative hold time of close to 2 hours, I finally spoke to t person. After 30 minutes trying to resolve my issue the representative scheduled a service call. I receive a confirmation via a text message for my appointment. I waited the scheduled 2 hour window and the service tech has not showed up. I called the customer service number to inquire when the tech will arrive. I am typing this review as I have been (and still am) on hold for 15 minutes and counting. I wish I had an alternative choice for TV service. All the top executives at Atlantic Broadband should be required to call their customer service number on a weekly basis and remain on the line until they speak to a person.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

If you can avoid AtlanticBB, do so. But here there is little else to go on. Right now I have been waiting over an hour for an agent to pick up the phone on their call-in helpline. Sad. As soon as I can leave AtlanticBB I will. And then last time I called in, it took about 45 minutes for the agent to answer and she said she had to connect me to a technician. Instead, she just put me back on the same phone waiting line. Miserable service.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

First let me tell you their service is always going out and is really slow. Speed test never reaches 100/10 as we pay for. They do not offer fiber in our area, so slow speed with at least 1 outage a week. We had our home, business and church through them. Home we just switched to a company that gives us 1 gig for less than we paid for 100/10 through Atlantic Broadband. Customer service times are crazy. Like 30 minutes to an hour. The longest I waited was an hour and 20 minutes.

So we just canceled our home internet with them. They came out years ago and installed the box and cables. No I just had to drive over an hour one way to drop the box off or they would charge me for it. The person at the location I dropped of could care less. I asked if it cost a lot of money for new customer acquisition and his response was, "I'm sure a lot." I said you make me drive over 2 hours to drop off a box and you think that is right. He laughed and said, "Yea that sucks." Great customer service.

Business service is horrible. Constantly really slow or down. We had our phone down and not working for a whole day once and hours at a time every month. We are switching to another provider in a month when the fiber lines are complete. Have been on hold for literally hours at a time trying to get customer service. They are horrible.

Now the church... What a bunch of crooks. We started live streaming our services and the connection was so slow. So I did a speed test and they had our church on a throttled down 15/5 service charging us more than a 75/10 plan. I talked to customer service and they said that is what they ordered years ago and they no longer had plans that slow, so they actually throttled the speed down and charged us for a rate 5 times faster yet didn't upgrade our speed. They did this for years and thought that was OK. Really, ripping off a church. Told me the person doing the bills should have caught that and gotten the free upgrade. That it was our 70+ year old treasurer that should have caught their over billing for the slower speed. Did they offer any rebate or any apology? Nope, just blamed us for not staying on top of it. If I could give them negative stars I would, this company could care less about their customers and to rip off a church, that is a new low!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I have been with ABB since 11/27/17. I have added DTA's and I use a Tivo DVR on the main TV. There are 4 DTA's which I plan on returning two of them. Then I want to ask why my bill has gone up from about $158 to $198!? I just don't think the service is worth it for that money. The package is filled up with a bunch of shopping and religious channels which I cannot stand! The only premium channel is EPIX which mostly shows old movies. I really don't care for waiting up to 45 minutes on the phone to talk to a human either. In order to add channels you like you have to add more money to your bill-not good! I am going to cut the cord and go Roku soon 'cause this is BULL!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Atlantic Broadband is the only game in town in some areas of Belle Vernon, PA. After 1 month of lies, false starts, empty promises, I think the public should be made aware of what can happen when management has an indifference and lies go unaccounted for. If you can't install, or fix the problem, then why are you filling the mailbox with fliers and ads promoting your services? Just admit you don't have savvy techs and don't service the area. Three installers, three lines men and still no service.

Never once notified customer of cancellation, and the customer had to call after the appointment slot was passed and nobody showed up. Then the response was, "Oh, I see the order was cancelled." Yep. And nobody was ever told. So the customer's time was unimportant. So, why don't you just admit you are using advertising to get responses for a need in a certain area you don't currently service? Neither Ben nor Keith of Uniontown, PA followed up or advised via phone or text of what the problem was. They went home to a Merry Xmas while the customer with cancer was left abandoned. Shame on your entire company. You are liars by definition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Horrible Internet, I'm paying for a speed of 1GB. And it's super slow, every time I do a speed test I don't go over 600MB. The internet comes and goes, Impossible to play online or streaming. I had technicians switching modem 4 times already. Customer service is ok, if you are willing to wait an hour to speak to a representative. If you have another option take it.. Unfortunately for me I got no other choice.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have recently switched from Direct tv to Atlantic broadband which was a big mistake. The first bill was $403 and I asked why and was told it was prorated and my monthly bill is $145 which is more than what I paid for with direct tv. I recently called to make payment arrangements with this outrageous bill for 6 days after the last day to pay it and was not able to get the arrangement which is ridiculous and when you get the bill there is no due date on it which is stupid. When we move we are going back to direct tv or Dish. At least they will extend your payments. I hate this service. It’s a rip off and I will tell everyone how they are.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Atlantic Broadband purchased Metrocast in my area. Thought it was going to be better internet with the new company. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. In the past 2 months my internet was down more than it was up. Call the customer service number and they sent out a service tech. He did some work outside. Said it was something on the line. Worked for a day or two then out again. Called again to complain. They had me do the unplug and wait thing (like every time I called). She told me she seen where it kept going out. She then told me my router was a little old that might be the problem. So I checked the "approved" list and purchased another router. That wasn't the problem because we were still unable to get on the internet.

Called back yet again they sent another tech out to fix it and told me that if they had to come into the house I would be charged a service fee. I even asked them if my plan was good enough to handle two teenagers being on their games and myself being on laptop or watching movies. They assured me that my plan should cover that plus more. Anyways the tech came out and whatever he had to do it was all outside so I wasn't charged. Told us that he "fixed" the problem and I should have no problems at all with the internet now. Yeah ok! Unfortunately Atlantic Broadband is the only internet provider in this area so I guess that makes them not really care. Oh and you will still be charged FULL price whether your internet works or not. If you have another choice for your internet do yourself a favor and go with them. It'll save you some hassle.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have only two companies providing services to the area where I live in Blakeslee, PA. When I moved here last year I subscribed to one of them and proved to be so bad that I had service 10% of the time with the modem showing error lights almost all the time. Finally I was able to break my one year contract and switched to Atlantic Broadband. Last week I call because I had no service. They scheduled a service visit two day later (how good is that when you work from home like me?)

The technician came and found a problem in the router and proceeded to change it and also went to check the box in the street and told me there was a problem there and he would send a crew to fix it. Today I got an email with the monthly bill and I was shocked to see the amount I owe them was double the regular price. (from $65 went up to $130) so I called the company. I was put on hold for about 20 minutes before I got a service rep in the line. I was told they charged me $50 because the technician reported nothing was wrong with the service!!! They finally gave me a one time "courtesy" credit. What a nerve.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I contacted Atlantic broadband and was added to the wait list on Feb. 21, 2019. I have made numerous calls and emails to smothershead@atlanticbb.com without getting any dates for installation. My next door neighbors and friends along my street all have atlantic but I am still waiting. Today is Tuesday Oct 22, 2019 and I just talked to Pearl who is promising to call me back with good news tomorrow. We will see if she can call me to install service in Hague Va.

G. **

Not sure about Atlantic Broadband?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information