3.8/5 (128 ratings)

About Atlantic Broadband

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: May 24, 2022

The worst experience possible. No internet since Friday. When I called them, I was told that someone will come and fix it on May 28th, which was a week from the moment I called. Then I requested an emergency appointment, as I work remotely, and they promised to send someone over the next day. Never happened. Terrible! Don't even think of switching over to Breezeline - ever!

Original review: May 19, 2022

The service itself is spotty and very overpriced but they only provide service in areas with little competition. The real problem is customer service. They removed all email addresses to contact them from their website. Be ready to hold over an hour when you call and if you want to cancel, they'll say they have to transfer you and then they'll just disconnect you. I sent legal notices of cancelation along with payments and they ignored that too.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I had been a customer of Atlantic Broadband for years. They now call themselves Breezeline. So many times my internet would slow down and just stop working. Multiple power outages on their end. So many times throughout the years I have called their customer service for help just to be put on hold for long periods of time. Many times the wait to talk with customer service I would be on hold for 45 minutes to over an hour. They have a recording that asks if you want to leave your phone number for a call back because of their wait times. Tried that and was called back a day later. Like thanks for your concern, glad to see I am so important to you that it takes a day to call me back.

I had to have the modem replaced and that still never solved their internet issues. As so many others here have stated, the internet service and customer service they provide is the worst. Even when I called to cancel my service, I was on hold for almost an hour just to talk with someone. It's like they really don't care. I ended up going with a mobile hot spot with my cellphone carrier. My cellphone service is faster, more reliable and I don't have to pay all of those extra fees like equipment rental for a modem. Breezeline's prices keep going up and their services keep going down. Check with your cellphone provider about getting a mobile hot spot. AT&T, Tmobile, Verizon all have them. My internet speed is a lot faster with my cellphone provider. Goodbye Atlantic Broadband, Breezeline. I had enough.

Original review: March 15, 2022

if you still have the choice to get any other service, do. They've monopolized all of miami and simply refuse to provide good service at reasonable prices. You will end up paying well over 100 dollars for internet that has outages entirely too often. Their customer service waits are STUPID long and with the new rebranding (because the name Atlantic has such a bad reputation in south florida) they have made it EVEN harder to return equipment, get in touch with someone when you need help, pay a bill etc. Spread the word to anyone who has a choice to use another service so we can kill this monopoly. If you want fast and cheap 5g internet, tmobile is offering a service for 50 a month and they have fast, reliable and accessible customer service. They also include the eqpt rental fee in the 50 unlike Breezeline (atlantic). NOT TO MENTION, the service was spotty even in my 700 sq ft apt. This company is awful, spread the word.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I have Atlantic Broadband, excuse me Breezeline. They changed their name, in part, to elevate, "the customer experience through enhanced customer care options." I guess my average wait time is better than others (about 45 minutes) - still pretty abysmal. Every now and then I do get a good representative, but most of the time they come across as not really caring. And why would they when we have no other viable option for internet service? On this most recent occasion, all ATL BB customers on our street lost their cable (phone, internet, TV) services, but we have to wait FIVE DAYS for a technician to make necessary repairs. This is their supposed improved customer service? I wish I could give them zero stars in this review. This customer is going to leave as soon as Xfinity is available in our area.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

After years of bad customer services, random outages this is the nail on their coffin. They gave in to the liberal cancel culture and the Socialists to be and dropped Newsmax from their line up. Well, we will do on our end our part too. We run a business that employs several families. My household along with those that comprises my family, friends and relatives plus all my employees and their families and relatives are dropping Atlantic Broadband Internet provider all at once. We have started streaming from other providers. We will make our conservative voices loud, make no mistake, we have the resources.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I have had this internet service since May 2021. I am actually waiting a "Call Back" 2 1/2 hours! I can not use many of my services because the installer did not give me ABB email so I am supposed to sign in to watch PBS etc but can not. I never can get through to customer service. Is One person representative all they have, I don't know but it is extremely frustrating.

When I watch TV or a movie the program has to reboot often throughout the movie. This company gives you this service for 54$ for the first 6 months. It is now October. In Nov it jumps up to 109$ per month. I'm a senior on a low fixed SS. I can not afford 109$ a month just to watch TV. It seems as though they are the only providers for this place. So they get away with pretty much any price. Not sure why this is the only provider for here, it is a very well established town I call it a city. Bumper to bumper traffic. Nearly impossible to get out of the driveway here.

Now I've been waiting 2 hrs and 40 minutes for a call back! Really? What the hell is wrong with this negligent Company!! To ignore their clients that made them rich? I do not recommend this loser careless "non existent" customer help "provider". I say that tongue in cheek because they do not provide customer support. Zilch. Nonya. Nightmare company nor is their internet worth a hill of beans. It's now going on 2 1/2 hours waiting for a call back! Seriously?! Do not I repeat do NOT get this company for tv, internet or any product they Claim to o have cuz it's poor.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

TWO hours spent on the phone and online trying to cancel an appt. The problem is still not resolved which means I spent another hour waiting for a callback to resolve the problem. My 91 YO is paying nearly $300 a month for NO premium channels and horrible service. Even worse is that she relies on closed captioned devices that require internet connectivity, which she loses at least 2-3 times a week. Horrible for anyone, especially the elderly or hearing impaired.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Like almost every other reviewer, I have experienced continuous and consistent loss of service (up to 4 times weekly); horrendous customer service (expect to wait an hour or more per call); and a dramatic increase in service costs (+$61.) over the course of 6-months. By far the worst internet provider I have EVER experienced. Like most others here, they have a monopoly in my town as well. They are acutely aware of this fact and act accordingly. They treat their customers like they truly do not matter.

In addition to zero customer service, expect some of the worst hardware. I have had to replace my modem twice now because of loss of service. Because I could not reach anyone by phone, I had to drive 25 min. to their offices. Most recently, I was charged an extra $10. for "increased speed". I NEVER asked for this add-on, but the operator insisted that I had. I honestly think that the Bureau of Consumer Protection needs to take a hard look at this company. Unfair and deceptive practices galore.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I experienced an 80 minute phone wait for equipment replacement due to failure. The power unit for my cable box has failed and is very hot. The phone is answered by a recording with multiple choices which do not include equipment replacement or equipment failure. I am looking for an alternative TV and Internet provider.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information