3.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Atlantic Broadband Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

I came on this website to see reviews, because the Atlantic Broadband was the only WiFi available for where I live, so I gave it a chance because I didn’t have a choice, I am GLAD I did!! I got the highest which was 250 for my internet plan, and I live in a small condo, the 250 is for a house! People get the lowest plan and have kids and they wonder why their WiFi is so slow. That is why, you get what you pay for! Today is the day they came and set me up the guy was so nice! The internet is great and it’s only $70 month for the first year, it’s legit, yeah people think that’s a lot of money, but it’s a great service. I’m glad we ignored the bad reviews because there was a lot of them!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After seeing all of the reviews, the Belmont NH office is incredible. From Ken who walked me over the phone through some issues, to the next day Tom who found other problems that were slowing my internet down, to Patti who helped me define what my needs were, to Susan the customer rep who helped me understand an upgrade to my service. Atlantic Broadband should be proud of these dedicated employees. Do I like the fees? No. Do I like the extra surcharges for watching local tv and sports that I cannot negotiate? No. But that is out of the hands of the local employees who went above and beyond. Glad I live in Belmont NH.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The call-in self help option is easy to navigate and pay your bill. And, if you're late it also doesn't make you pay your whole bill. You have the option of paying just your late amount. They even have a "promise-to-pay" which you can use (I think every 6 months) if you're going to be really late. However, you have to call in or do live chat online for this. Live chat is always immediate if you are waiting a long time on the phone. I rarely have an internet outage and if there is one it is clearly explained on the initial message if/when you call in. I'm not sure if there is a late payment fee. But, if there is one, it is a small penalty.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Horrible Internet, I'm paying for a speed of 1GB. And it's super slow, every time I do a speed test I don't go over 600MB. The internet comes and goes, Impossible to play online or streaming. I had technicians switching modem 4 times already. Customer service is ok, if you are willing to wait an hour to speak to a representative. If you have another option take it.. Unfortunately for me I got no other choice.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have recently switched from Direct tv to Atlantic broadband which was a big mistake. The first bill was $403 and I asked why and was told it was prorated and my monthly bill is $145 which is more than what I paid for with direct tv. I recently called to make payment arrangements with this outrageous bill for 6 days after the last day to pay it and was not able to get the arrangement which is ridiculous and when you get the bill there is no due date on it which is stupid. When we move we are going back to direct tv or Dish. At least they will extend your payments. I hate this service. It’s a rip off and I will tell everyone how they are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Atlantic Broadband purchased Metrocast in my area. Thought it was going to be better internet with the new company. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. In the past 2 months my internet was down more than it was up. Call the customer service number and they sent out a service tech. He did some work outside. Said it was something on the line. Worked for a day or two then out again. Called again to complain. They had me do the unplug and wait thing (like every time I called). She told me she seen where it kept going out. She then told me my router was a little old that might be the problem. So I checked the "approved" list and purchased another router. That wasn't the problem because we were still unable to get on the internet.

Called back yet again they sent another tech out to fix it and told me that if they had to come into the house I would be charged a service fee. I even asked them if my plan was good enough to handle two teenagers being on their games and myself being on laptop or watching movies. They assured me that my plan should cover that plus more. Anyways the tech came out and whatever he had to do it was all outside so I wasn't charged. Told us that he "fixed" the problem and I should have no problems at all with the internet now. Yeah ok! Unfortunately Atlantic Broadband is the only internet provider in this area so I guess that makes them not really care. Oh and you will still be charged FULL price whether your internet works or not. If you have another choice for your internet do yourself a favor and go with them. It'll save you some hassle.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have only two companies providing services to the area where I live in Blakeslee, PA. When I moved here last year I subscribed to one of them and proved to be so bad that I had service 10% of the time with the modem showing error lights almost all the time. Finally I was able to break my one year contract and switched to Atlantic Broadband. Last week I call because I had no service. They scheduled a service visit two day later (how good is that when you work from home like me?)

The technician came and found a problem in the router and proceeded to change it and also went to check the box in the street and told me there was a problem there and he would send a crew to fix it. Today I got an email with the monthly bill and I was shocked to see the amount I owe them was double the regular price. (from $65 went up to $130) so I called the company. I was put on hold for about 20 minutes before I got a service rep in the line. I was told they charged me $50 because the technician reported nothing was wrong with the service!!! They finally gave me a one time "courtesy" credit. What a nerve.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I contacted Atlantic broadband and was added to the wait list on Feb. 21, 2019. I have made numerous calls and emails to smothershead@atlanticbb.com without getting any dates for installation. My next door neighbors and friends along my street all have atlantic but I am still waiting. Today is Tuesday Oct 22, 2019 and I just talked to Pearl who is promising to call me back with good news tomorrow. We will see if she can call me to install service in Hague Va.

G. **

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Besides having slow internet now I can’t get any TV channels on football Sunday! I called and was on hold for 40 minutes before speaking to a rep. I told the rep what was happening. After another 30 minutes or so she couldn’t fix the problem. Now I have to wait till Friday for a tech to come out 5 days with no service!! I asked about adjusting my bill since I’m not getting what I’m paying for but no! I have to wait till the tech comes out then call again? WTH?!?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

The internet speeds I was promised I frequently never obtain, despite having a solid connection to the router that they provide, which is also inadequate for most households as the signal drops off very quickly. The internet also shuts down without warning for no reason at least 10 times a day. They are not the most expensive network out there, but like almost all internet companies, are the only option in your area, and they deliver sub-par performance almost all of the time.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information