1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

221 Atlantic Broadband Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 5, 2019

Internet outages are routine. Not a day goes by that someone in my neighborhood doesn’t lose their internet connection. I’m writing the review with my phone connected to the cellular network because the internet is down. Too bad this company is the only option in St. Mary’s county. I can’t wait for more options.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

No viable alternative except more expensive outlets, and IRONICALLY they offer crap for too much money. Their email isn't formatted for mobile devices, so don't plan on using that. They changed owners, but didn't change the service quality. I WOULD suggest them to my enemies.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

This is literally the worst service I have seen a company offer hands down!! The service is consistently not working, and good luck calling the provider for help, after a good 1-2 hour hold time you will finally be connected to someone who has no clue what the problem is and would rather you not call them. I don't see how they stay in business!! I can't wait to change providers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Atlantic BB is the worst provider EVER! Unreliable service, we spend more time on the phone with them than we do watching TV or surfing the web. I feel bad for the techs who have to face the pissed off customers day in and day out. My family has no choice in a provider. Atlantic is the only game in town. They have us by the short hairs. I hope this company goes belly up. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Customer service representatives are polite, helpful and courteous; however the reliability of their product is Terrible. It is inconceivable how Atlantic Broadband can have such an unreliable product and yet still promote it? Shameful. My heart goes out to the employees that have to represent this company. (Four Times in 8 days I reported no service and the rep said they were having an outage and were working on it.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The only saving grace to being a customer is the service is stable, if you can get it working. Because you have no or limited options that treat you horribly. Currently COMCAST/Xfinity has run fiber optics around the area and are about to eat Atlantic BB’s Lunch! Thank the lord for competition! Maybe Atlantic BB will get their act together and treat their existing loyal customers like they treat new customers instead of second class citizens. Long hold times, overcharging for existing customers has been their business model. NO More! Hello COMCAST!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

After seeing all of the reviews, the Belmont NH office is incredible. From Ken who walked me over the phone through some issues, to the next day Tom who found other problems that were slowing my internet down, to Patti who helped me define what my needs were, to Susan the customer rep who helped me understand an upgrade to my service. Atlantic Broadband should be proud of these dedicated employees. Do I like the fees? No. Do I like the extra surcharges for watching local tv and sports that I cannot negotiate? No. But that is out of the hands of the local employees who went above and beyond. Glad I live in Belmont NH.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The call-in self help option is easy to navigate and pay your bill. And, if you're late it also doesn't make you pay your whole bill. You have the option of paying just your late amount. They even have a "promise-to-pay" which you can use (I think every 6 months) if you're going to be really late. However, you have to call in or do live chat online for this. Live chat is always immediate if you are waiting a long time on the phone. I rarely have an internet outage and if there is one it is clearly explained on the initial message if/when you call in. I'm not sure if there is a late payment fee. But, if there is one, it is a small penalty.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Well...where should I start. I live in an area where Atlantic Broadband is the only internet service provider, so I have no other choice but to go with them. I’ve had them for 2 months and I must say, this has been the WORST SERVICE I’ve ever had in my life!!! It’s not only unreliable, but the customer service is horrible as well!!! I work from home and I’ve lost projects due to the connectivity issues. Did I mention the outrageous price of all the addons just to make the internet work like normal internet should be working (and it still don’t work). It should be illegal for this company to still be doing business. When I had AT&T, I NEVER had any issues. I wish AT&T serviced my current area, because I’ve had enough with Atlantic Broadband expensive, unreliable, unprofessional service!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

You call them up. You wait 30 minutes if you're lucky. You tell them what's going on. They are totally clueless and they won't give you a technician. They get all flustered when you ask them if they actually have a clue then they tell you, "Don't insult me go figure." I live in Griswold. I would dump these dummies yesterday if there was an alternative.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

They are the worst company to deal with! Customer support is answering after 2h waiting and listening their advertising. Impossible to use their site properly. The reset of login or password is a nightmare. The Chat is non-existing. I had to re-type 3 time the text and 2 hours later nothing anyway. From my phone their website is not responsive as it should be. It is full of bug like asking 4 times in a row the account number. Bravo the IT guys! Totally nu, from the coding to the tech support!

Also some bug with the phone, I could not type into the field. How in 2019 idiots are not checking this kind of bugs! After 2h, I got a representative telling me we cannot reset login ID so they should tell instead of making us getting creasy with page that does not work! So they oblige people to call to reset even your password = 2h waiting by phone. They have no respect for the time we spend because idiots manage this company that way!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have been on hold for nearly 2 hours. It would be really nice to talk to an actual human being! They don’t know how to treat their customers who pay for their overpriced services. Not to mention that my bill creeps up in cost constantly! I live in PA and can’t even get Steeler games. I always have the Ravens on multiple channels. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The level of customer service that this company provides is near non-existent. After being on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes, I was transferred to another representative for another 37 minute hold, only to learn that there was no way that they could initiate service for another week and 1/2 because they are too busy. The community that they service lacks Fios so they are essentially the only show in town. Unfortunately, this show is not worth the price of admission!

I am appalled by their lack of concern for their customer's time and the inconvenience that they instill in order to arrange service. They require you take a half day and commit it to them showing up at their whim. They laugh at you when you try to discuss a self-install option and tell you that will never happen with their company. If you have Comcast or Verizon, count your blessings, because just getting service from this company is the most trying experience I have ever had with any utility. The communities that they serve should cancel their franchise agreement with them and invite in another competent vendor that appreciates the time limitations of their customer base.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

"We’ll be there between 11-2," they said. "The tech will call you 1/2 before he gets there," they said. Well, after 40 minutes on hold we were told he would be there 15 mins late. When 15 minutes turned into 30, I cancelled it. We will find another option despite them seeming to be the only cable provider in our area. Is their business model to “serve” rural areas, knowing they have their consumers over a barrel? If so, what a terrible way to operate.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The cost of cable tv is ridiculous!!! In 10 years my cable bill has increased 100%, but the service has not justified the outrageous cost of cable. I am exploring other options and will 'cut the cable'.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I signed up for electronic billing. However, when I receive the bill there's no amount specified and there's no way to log onto the system. They tell me I've never set up a password yet that's untrue. They try to set me up again but aren't able to do so. I've spent way too much time with customer service and they have no idea how to handle the issue. To make things worse, if I want to get the statements mailed to me I am charged extra. So, the only way to pay bills is to call each month once I receive the electronic notification and then send in a check. I give them one star only because zero is not an option.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am not the only person having problems with Atlantic Broadband. So many people I know have ABB and they hate them. Problem is, we cannot get anyone else in our area, so we're stuck with them. And they know this, and take advantage of this. Not anymore. I have started a Facebook group to file a massive complaint against Atlantic Broadband.

How does it work? Well, I am going to file one complaint with the Attorney General of PA, and everyone who posts a complaint against ABB on my Facebook group will also be handled by the Attorney General of PA. This works because Atlantic Broadband's headquarters are in Uniontown, PA, so the Attorney General of PA will handle all complaints against businesses in PA. So, it doesn't matter if you're in SC, VA, WV, NY, or PA, you're still a customer of a company in PA, and that complaint will be handled by the Attorney General of PA.

I have already filed a complaint against them once, and ABB gave me excellent customer care, and knew they had to walk on eggshells because their every move was being monitored by the Attorney General of PA. So if I file another complaint, including my Facebook group, the Attorney General of PA will handle the bulk of the complaints as one complaint.

The hope is that Atlantic Broadband will have no choice but to reform to a fair and honest company with all these complaints against them. Because trust me, from personal experience, ABB is absolutely terrified of one customer with enough knowledge and know how to file one complaint against them. So imagine how they will be feeling when thousands of complaints go against them in fell swoop. If you are interested in joining my group, and having your complaint taken into consideration, please follow this link over to my Facebook group, called "ATLANTIC BROADBAND MASS COMPLAINT"

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I CANCELLED MY SERVICES AND TURNED MY BOX IN THE SAME DAY. TO MY SURPRISE THEY WENT INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT A WEEK LATER, withdrew money for a "Unreturned modem". I even called the 800 number and gave them my confirmation number... To make sure they don't go in my account for anything... But they did. I had to make about three different phone calls to the billing dept. I went to the cable office in person and showed my receipt. Lastly, I was charged at my bank just to change my debit card... To keep them from going in my account again! Needless to say, I was upset, for lack of a better word.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I used to have Metrocast and they were great. Then they became Atlantic Broadband and the service is terrible! The internet can't stay connected for than a minute tonight. Packet loss all over, stay away from these people. Want tech support, you will wait for over an hour to talk to an idiot. I can only assume it's because of all the other dissatisfied customers calling. The only other option available to me is slow satellite internet that has a data cap and a hefty monthly fee.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

First of all their customer service might be good if you can wait an hour or longer to talk to somebody. I've tried them morning, noon or night and I hang up after 20 minutes. That being said I am paying $145 per month for expanded basic and middle-of-the-road internet. They seek out new customers and offer them deals for $79 per month with high speed internet and twice the TV channels I get plus additional perks. They Prey Upon their loyal long-term customers. They refuse to give you any breaks when you confront them and in order to become a new customer again you must drop them for six calendar months. Unfortunately I live in rural Connecticut where there are no suitable alternatives that's why I give the cable Pig a one-star rating. They have earned it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This is one of the worst companies I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Customer service is downright terrible. I had called to get service set up at our new home. I was told it would cost me $267 JUST to have internet hooked up. Keep in mind they had a deal advertised right on their website - $39.99 a month for 60mbps for the first year when you use autopay. The customer service rep quoted me at almost $60 a month. That is false advertising. I called my husband and told him to call and see what it would cost to have it hooked up in his name. It was significantly less and they honored the deal. What? How does this company get away with things like this. Also, the service absolutely sucks. My internet goes out almost DAILY! Unfortunately they have a huge monopoly over our area so there aren’t many choices for internet service. I hate this horrible company.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We have ask many times for a paper bill. Also have a e-mail that we would receive a bill by mail from them. Well so much for that... This company has no regard for their customers. I don`t see how but plan on finding out how to stop this practice of their. Not a good company!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

4+ hours on hold for a problem. Atlantic has no email for small problems. You are transferred from person to person and no one will help. They have all my account information but refuse to take money from my account. I'm on Auto Pay with plenty of money in my account. The on hold times are ridiculous. It's a terrible company. Do yourself a favor and do something different.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

When my service was MetroCast for almost 10 years my service was ALWAYS excellent. Service almost NEVER dropped out. NOW since my service is from Atlantic Broadband, it is TERRIBLE. LOW signal strength, LOW speeds, and drops out OFTEN! I long for my METROCAST!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This company refuses to bill me and then charges me late fees for the bills that I don't get. Every time I would call they would tell me to pay online and then after two years I was told that "having an online account" means that I have switched to paperless billing even though I did not agree to this and was told to do it. I have asked for paper bills multiple times and might get one every other month. My last bill was almost $500. I think it is a scam just so they can collect late fees. I can see from the BBB page that it is not just me this is happening to.

I also constantly lose services. There is no customer service help. I am constantly hung up on or left for 2 and 3 hours on hold until I hang up. I have spent weeks calling and trying live chat and cannot contact anyone. I don't know what I can do. I have never been treated so poorly by any organization in my life. They don't give you the speed you pay for, the internet goes out at least a half a dozen times a day, we lose on demand services for days at a time and can't even report the outages. I spent the afternoon in tears after being given false info in person and honestly wish I could sue.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Atlantic Broadband/MetroCast used to have a seasonal plan where you could shut off service to your house in the fall while you were gone for the winter and turn it back on at the beginning of the summer. The fee was $5/month to maintain your account. Very reasonable. Now they limit the shutdown to 6 months. So they would have me paying a full-blown internet bill ($60/month) starting in March when I don't even arrive in NH until the end of June. Since when is 6 months "seasonal"? Sooo sleazy! This requires no effort on their part except to throw a switch. Stereotypical cable company behavior.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Internet does not last for over 5 minutes!!! A complete disaster! Wait time for customer service 20 minutes. All they do is ask to unplug and plug back in the modem. This does not solve the issue. Keeps dropping after 5 minutes. My condo Teeca 4 just changed from Comcast to this Atlantic broadband. First day experiencing the worst internet signal ever. I cannot connect for more than 5 minutes because the signal disappears and I have to unplug and plug the modem again and again. Also, they say they have HBO on demand, but compared with Xfinity, I can only get to see 10 series while in Xfinity I was able to access like 40 series. They claimed on the phone that HBO decides what to show!!! How naive the rep, that doesn't understand HBO shows what you pay for. Worse decision Boca Teeca 4 had made regarding cable and internet. This is a rip off. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Since MetroCast became Atlantic Broadband I lose internet service on a daily basis. Constantly having to rest the modem. Not to mention that I pay over $200 a month for cable, phone and internet. Definitely not worth the money anymore. If I was not moving this month I would be changing services. Do not recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

It could be a coincidence, but ever since Metrocast became Atlantic Broadband we have had nothing but problems. Metrocast had excellent service, fast and friendly support, and we rarely had outages that lasted very long. Now, with Atlantic Broadband our business phone began dropping calls the first week they took over and has been unresolved for weeks. I cannot have a conversation with a client without the call dropping, and this has been going on for weeks. You don't expect calls to drop on a landline.

As far as the internet: my business is on its knees with problems. I have been spending 2 or more hours a day trying to get a good internet connection. We can't order products, track deliveries, make proposals to clients or email clients in a timely manner. Hours of downtime and anxiety. We have now spent several thousand dollars hiring a tech company to troubleshoot out small mom and pop business network, but the outages continue to occur. Atlantic Broadband is a plague on this good earth. It is a sin that there is no competition available and they can just get away with taking our money for bad service and a substandard product.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Atlantic BB has a monopoly on the Johnstown, PA area. They forget bills, will not give receipts for return of equipment to ensure recharging on next billing cycles, outages, do not answer phone, and freely raise prices on an electronic signal. Contacting Commonwealth AG ASAP. 10 years of this Bull.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information