1.56/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

515 Windstream Internet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have been trying to get Windstream to install cable from the street to the house for 3 months now. I just called to check status of order. My Nov 22nd promised for installation got pushed to Dec 5. Every time I call I have a different answer for the delays. Today rep said there was an emergency in my area. What? Do they only have 1 installer. I would give them 0 stars if I could. I have asked to talk to supervisors many times only to be told "I will put in a callback notice for the supervisor." I have never gotten a callback. Unfortunately, Windstream is the only ground provider where I moved to. I will be checking for satellite service. Terrible customer service. Did I mention what a joke this company is. I live in Ohio, not a third world country!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Connie. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you had to wait for 3 months for installation of service. I understand this is frustrating. I hope that you will provide me an opportunity to assist with escalating this issue. I have requested additional information. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We are paying for high speed internet up to 25 mbps and have never got over 14 mbps but that is fast enough. Now for the last 3 months we haven't gotten over 4 mbps and tonight it is less than 2 mbps. We have had a tech out twice and they haven't fixed it.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Timmy. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how frustrating it is to have service issues with your internet. I would like to help troubleshoot and resolve this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

For over a week the Internet has been practically non-functioning. When I call I get a recording saying there is a network outage in your area. Then a time is given for expected resolution of the problem. The time keeps moving forward from 12 to 24 hours. I have managed to talk to a live person 2 times. Both times I am told nothing is wrong on their end. I have been a customer since 1985. I have no other choice!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Keith. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Thank you for being a customer since 1985. We appreciate your business. I regret that you are currently experiencing an issue with service. Please allow me to review your account for an update on resolution of this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I’m in Dahlonega GA and have no option other than Windstream. Recently, I moved to a bigger house because my son was born early. The day of the moved, my wife called to ask them to switch our service to our new house, literally two blocks down the road. She was told they wouldn’t be able to fit another week. While I was finalizing my move with the property manager, I found out there was a Windstream tech currently in our development.

Enraged that my wife had been lied to, I called Windstream and demanded to know why they’d lied to her and why they couldn’t put a call into this tech since we already had an account and all the equipment. She told me it was my responsibility to work it out with the technician, not hers. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would get a call back within 24 hours. 48 hours later, I still had received a call, so I called back again. This rep only offered an apology and a promise that a supervisor would contact me.

A week after our move, I have to return to work and leave my wife home with our preemie son and no way to contact anyone without the WiFi on her cell. I finally get to speak to a supervisor who said that there were too many technical things that went into hooking up our internet, that it wouldn’t be an easy fix. I asked if she even spoke to the technician. She said that she’d spoken to the dispatcher (not the same person). I finally asked what am I supposed to do while my wife has no way to call out. She said she was sorry but there was nothing they could do.

10 days later, we finally have internet. And, just as I suspected, it only took the technician 10 minutes of work since we already had the equipment. I would NEVER recommend Windstream to anyone. The only reason I use them is because they’re the only provider in the area. I’m seriously considering putting in a call to Spectrum asking them to open a branch in North Georgia in the hopes of squeezing out this God-awful company.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Christopher. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for the experience that you had when moving your service. I acknowledge that your process is one that we have reviewed and want to ensure improves going forward. We have extended a credit on your account and provided the details of that via private message. Hopefully, this improves your perception and rating going forward.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. I had an installation set up for Monday, November 5, 2018. Was never given a time frame, until I had to repeatedly call and find out. The technician said that they had arrived at my house at 4 pm and left a voicemail on my phone as well as a note on my door, which is a lie as there was nothing on either. When I called to find out if the technician was coming is when I found out about having to reschedule for today, the 7th. I requested a morning appointment, as again I have a limited schedule. The appointment times just kept getting pushed back, and when I spoke to someone in dispatch they said the technicians don't always look at the notes on the paperwork. Excuse me, but that should be part of the job.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Kaitlin. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had numerous issues with installation. We appreciate you choosing Windstream for service and hopefully you will provide me the opportunity to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream Internet?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We had this cheap phone company for maybe a year at our business. When we got a real phone company in October 2017, we shut off the services and paid our last bill owed. They continued to bill us for 4 more months of service, saying we owed over $2000 to them, and STILL in NOVEMBER of 2018... have been calling to argue we still have service with these idiots and are going to be putting collections! We have emailed managers, service technicians and customer service people over and over and over again each month and STILL these people have NO idea what they are doing! DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT sign anything with these crooks!

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Tara. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how frustrating this must be. I regret that we have been unable to resolve this. Please provide me the opportunity to work with you for resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Up until a few weeks ago the Windstream service work reasonably well. All of my location based apps worked with my wi-fi only devices. They no longer work, as my location cannot be determined. I called Windstream internet tech support and was turned over to sales, where they tried selling me a static IP address. My current service has worked well in the past, so I don’t want any changes or extra charges. The technician barely listened to my complaint, before transferring me to sales. Very aggravated at this point.

Windstream Internet response

Good afternoon, Linda. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for WIndstream. I apologize that you have had an issue that you have been unable to resolve with technical support. We have been able to direct you toward your television provider for resolution. However, we are here to support you. Please feel free to contact me should you have any other questions.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I was extremely dissatisfied with Windstream. We left Cox for Windstream 3 years ago in the hopes of reducing the cost of our internet while maintaining quality internet service. We received a fairly good deal with Windstream when we first signed up. The cost was reasonable and the speed within the package we chose was perfect for our needs. It didn’t take long to see that our internet was quite a bit slower. We anticipated a small difference in speed but it got to the point that we were having to turn WiFi off on all devices to download a movie or to even just browse the internet. Additionally, we noticed our bill was creeping up. Assuming this was because our discounts had expired, I did a little checking on our account to make sure there wasn’t something else added to our bill. While checking our account, I noticed that our current speed was reading as 3 Mbps. I was shocked.

This was not the speed that we were told we would be receiving at our home. When I made the first call to complain, the woman I spoke to explained that our house was the last house on the loop so we were basically getting the weakest signal. She also said Windstream was boosting their coverage but it wasn’t yet in my area. I told her that this information was not given to us when we signed up and I felt that the cost of our service should be reduced to reflect the service we were actually receiving. She said she was unable to do that but could give us a temporary discount for a few months. After several months our bill went up again and our internet seemed to be getting increasingly worse. I called again and got the same answer. I was very upset and said I needed to cancel our service. The person I spoke to talked me out of it by saying they would reduced our bill again but it never happened.

The third time I called, I canceled it. I spoke to Benjamin who said we could now get 10 Mbps in our area and he would permanently reduce our bill to $45 a month if we would stay. He was very helpful and professional but the damage had already been done. I paid a ridiculous amount of money each month to receive terrible internet. When our alarm company came out to install our doorbell camera, he was unable to because our speed was too slow. The test he ran showed that our download speed was actually 2.5 Mbps and our upload speed was 0.7 Mbps! Less than the terrible 3 Mbps I thought we were getting. Unbelievable! I feel like I was lied to by Windstream about the internet speeds we were supposed to get and stole from by them from the price we had to keep paying for an internet that didn’t even work.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Kym. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration with your speeds and pricing. I know that offers have been made in an attempt to make this right. Please allow me to work with you to change your mind about your overall experience. I have requested additional information via private messages. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Our internet, Windstream, is very unreliable! When a storm comes through our internet turns into dial up speed! Every time we call they promise to send out a technician to fix the problems and lo and behold they close the work order prematurely stating the problem has been fixed without stopping by to even look at the problems. This time I took off work and they were a no call no show. Not very professional!?!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Terry. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration based on the issues that you have had with your internet service. I would like to review your account and determine the best course of action to resolve the issues that you have been having. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I don’t have any options but Windstream. Started with DSL, very slow and always going out. I thought cable would be better, I was wrong. Pay for 100meg but never, I mean never see it. I’ve checked all times of day and night. I can’t even stream movies. As soon as another provider is available I will switch. Telecommunications company that can’t communicate.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Jacob. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We would like for you to be able to receive the speeds for which you are subscribed. I regret this has not been this case. I would like to make sure this is addressed and resolved. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Windstream internet worked fine for several months and then it failed. Several technicians tried to fix and failed. They changed the modem as how that works measure. Left the WPS function turned off in the new modem. Couldn't connect printers. Windstream tried to refer me to HP printer tech service. Finally found problem myself. Windstream is a provider of last resort for rural areas and they are failing badly. Phone people are rude and condescending. Field services tries, but don't seem to know much about data distribution. They are basically recycled phone people.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Gerald. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret to hear the experience that you have had with your internet service. I understand how important reliable internet service is in this age. Please allow me to review your account for resolution of this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We have had Windstream Internet since March. There are not other options for internet where we live or we would have already dropped their service. Every time a storm or heavy rain comes it knocks out one of our signals on our modem and we are unable to run more than one device. My kids have to take turns getting their homework done since they are not able to both be online at the same time.

Each time we call they schedule a technician to come out and they have yet to show up. We have requested that the technician come to the door to check that our modem is working prior to them leaving and today is the second day (this outage) that someone has not shown up. They have closed our ticket without resolving the issue both times and then it is another week before we can be back on the schedule for another tech. The customer service reps on the phone are always friendly but there is a complete disconnect with the field technicians. I am not sure how a business can operate with this lack of customer service.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Mandy. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you had issues with service and even more so that you have been unable to get a technician out to your location for repair. I would like to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My home internet has gone out 95%. In the last week we have had two techs come out, the lines have been changed, the router has been changed twice. The Wi-Fi will stay on for 24 hours and then drop and never to come back up. We have called Windstream numerous times within the last week. We have been told the devices have a virus to the is a back end problem on their end (every time we call we get a different story). There is no issue with the box outside. We need our service for work, homework, etc. This is unacceptable and Windstream expects me to pay for a service that does not work! Reading reviews on social media, I see others are experiencing the same issue! This is ridiculous!!!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Angela. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for WIndstream. I apologize that you have experienced issues with service that have caused you to be unable to use the service as expected. I would like to review your account for resolution of this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

In the last 2 month we have had multiple service requests. Whenever there is a thunderstorm our modem short circuits and is no longer usable. We stay on the phone for 30 - 45 mins going through the same restart your modem speech to ultimately be told a tech will be scheduled to come check it out. This is 4 to 7 days each time. They come and hand us a new modem. I'm getting ready to call again. 5 times in 2 months!!! Each time we tell them we homeschool our kids and depend on this for school. That does not make a difference in the time we get a tech to come out. It's the only service provider in the area unfortunately. There has not been any account credit either for all the lost days. So over it...

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Dasha. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had issues with your internet service. I understand that this service is important to your homeschooling and I would like to help. Please review and respond to the request for information via private message.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I pay for 14 or 16 mbps and only receive at the most 9. We have had this problem for years. Windstream is terrible but where I live it’s the only internet we can get. I understand why they are getting sued. I am contacting a attorney myself. All should do the same.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Heath. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I hope that you will provide us the opportunity to work with you to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2018

Internet is doing better right now. LaToya. Thank you! Not up to 25 yet but at least I’m in double digits.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have recently switched to Windstream from cable. We cut the cord and got rid of their internet as well. Windstream offered “high speed” internet. For the first week or so I got 20 mbps which was fine but after that the fun began. My kids struggle to do things online and if I try and watch Sling TV it’s like watching stop action animation. The speed is always slow and I haven’t seen double digits in forever. I was told if Windstream would put a box in close by we could get what we pay for but that they probably wouldn’t do that. I don’t really know what to do.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Brian. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration, as internet service is important. I have requested additional information via private message. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We decided to give Windstream a chance after unsuccessfully negotiating with Xfinity to not double our rate. This has been probably the worst experience we've ever had with an internet provider install. First, the installer spent most of Friday doing the install, which wasted my wife's whole day. He left the house a mess and trash in the yard. Second, we come to find out we will have to use a bonded VDSL modem for $10+/mo to use the service (we asked the phone reps specifically while signing up and were told ANY DSL modem would work fine).

But worst of all, when I came home and looked in the attic, this bozo had ripped apart my home Ethernet! Like literally pulled every wire off the main patch panel! That made my home alarm, security cameras, media center, and automation all offline. I even called the guy's cell phone and he wasn't apologetic at all ("The lines all look the same"). Well buddy, if you don't know what it is, don't be messing with it. I had to drive to the local tech office and beg for help so that my alarm system and stuff could be fixed before TUESDAY! I don't have words to describe how terrible of service this has been and we haven't even been customers for one day. Once Monday comes I intend to restart Xfinity and cancel with Windstream.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Samuel. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience with the installation of service. Customers provide us the chance to install service in their homes with the expectation that we will leave your home in the same condition. I hope that you will give me a chance to right this. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I’ve been a Windstream telephone customer for years. In fact, before Windstream was even “Windstream.” When the company offered DSL out in my rural area several years ago, of course I jumped on board. Speeds of 3mbps were promised, among other things. Long story short, Windstream is cheating its customers. They have oversold their product in our area a long time ago. This results in slower speeds for all of us, as well as numerous disconnects. Their tech, who has been our tech in the area for many years, comes out and does the best he can to fix the problem. However, the problem is always the same. Windstream has oversold their product, therefore they cannot provide a reliable product to their customers.

In fact, as I type this review, the internet connection has been lost 10 times (now, make that 11. So far) during a 20 minute span. The only option Windstream ever offers is to send the poor tech out again, who ultimately cannot solve the problem due to Windstream’s overloading their antiquated system with entirely too many customers. Additionally, Windstream has somewhat admitted to the problem as they quit adding any new customers in our area a year or more ago.

The only answer I’m ever given when I inquire as to when they will upgrade the system is “not a definite time frame.” If you have an option to sign up with Windstream as an internet provider in your area, beware! They do NOT stand behind their customers and products. You will spend countless, wasted hours on phone support with people not even in this country. And the only option they will offer is to send a tech out, who will most likely not be able to permanently solve the problem.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, TS. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how important reliable internet service is. I apologize that you have had service issues that have prevented you from being able to utilize the service as expected. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The service is off more than on and slower than dial up! The worst service ever! From the beginning we have to call every other week and sit on hold for 30 minutes to an hour. We have had service techs come out and it's the same thing over and over. Absolutely not worth the money they charge.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Angela. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret the inconvenience these issues have caused you. Please provide me the opportunity to address these concerns. Can you please review and respond via private message to the additional request for information.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have been a Windstream customer for 10 plus years. The line that provides service to our house was cut when our road was paved over a year ago. Three temporary lines later our service is almost unusable. I've placed multiple calls, sent emails and had a tech come out three times and still no service. We were told on 9/1 that within a week there was going to be a new line/pedestal placed to fix our service. Still nothing... I will go to daily complaint calls to customer service and emails. No credits given on my account for terrible service.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, Angie. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that this has been an ongoing issue with the line cuts for the unburied line. I would like to escalate the resolution of this issue as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I’ve been a Windstream customer for years. Throughout this time my phone lines are frequently down, my internet is slow to say the least, I can’t watch Netflix or run more than one phone adequately. I’ve had repair calls too many to count. Usually, they don’t bother to even show up and close the ticket saying no one was home, which was a lie or a dog was out, also a lie. I open another ticket. Wait for days or weeks with the same outcome. We start all over again, after weeks of complaining, threatening to call the Better Business Bureau or Kentucky Consumer Association, someone finally show up, acts as if they fixed the problem, only to have no better quality once they’ve left resulting in another service call, more lies and more waiting and... my internet is still terrible. How is this even allowed to go on!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Angela. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We want you to have internet that meets your expectations and needs. I apologize this has not been the case. Please allow me to work to improve your internet experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We have had Windstream service for many years since they are the only provider in our area. We have experienced poor phone and internet since the beginning. Our phone has a humming sound and if there is any background noise such as BREATHING it shuts off the sound coming from the caller. It is impossible to use unless there is complete silence on my end. The internet speed is hardly ever above .3 making it completely useless as well. We have complained countless times to no avail. We are told the lines are old. Well fix it! We pay for service that you don't provide! FIX IT!!!

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Billy. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are have been experiencing issues with service. I would like to ensure that we exhaust all efforts to improve your service. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I'm paying 100 a month for 1 gbps but I get 3.07 mps on a good day. That is 1/40th of the speed we pay for. All they do is say, "Sorry. We are working on improving our speeds in your area." But the more we say anything the worst our internet is getting worst. Please someone actually fix this issue instead of empty lies.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Dalton. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. Your speed issues are a concern. We would like to address this for resolution as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have tried for a week to get service ran to our new house site that is under construction. My ticket was closed when the job was not done. This is obvious as the trench that we dug for the line is empty. I called customer service and was told that an email has been sent and they should have it resolved in 24-48 hours. They refused to give me a name and number to the person they emailed. So my construction is on hold until further notice because the trench is blocking the driveway! I've been with Windstream for 8 years. I dug the trench! Why is this so difficult???

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Theresa. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize this has delayed your construction. Please allow me to work with you to ensure this gets completed as quickly as possible. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2018

I was able to get my issue resolved by using this forum. It is a shame that customer service ignores you for months and only when you resort to letting others know, do you get any attention.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have been a customer since the late 80's. The internet service has always been poor, but worse lately. I have contacted them numerous times to get someone to talk to me, the request must go in the garbage. I requested the number to a local office, they refused to give it to me. As before, they said I would get a call. I have heard that several times, I have yet to get one.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Elizabeth. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I know how important internet service is. I apologize that your service has not met expectations. Please allow me to work to find a solution to improve your experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Every week I must unplug modem and allow it to "clear" (whatever that is) as the speed to stream becomes so slow for Netflix or others that they basically shut down or constantly cycle on-off to allow "buffering" to catch up. Also, any problem that requires me to contact an agent online, doesn't get attended to as agents are never available. Emails are slow to answer as well, so service is not a priority at Windstream.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2018

Was contacted by LaToya. She was able to finally resolve billing issue to our 100% satisfaction. I really appreciate her effort.

Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

After my 98 year old mother passed away, we terminated her phone and internet service. It was apparently several days into the next billing cycle... They refused to prorate bill for unused service. Spoke to multiple agents, all promised a corrected statement, but never received one. Finally received a collections notice... Spoke to supervisor who stated it was company policy not to prorate.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning, David. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize for your loss and regret that you had an issue with getting your mother's affair taken care of with us. Thank you for providing you information and allowing me to make this right.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was on the line for over an hour. First rep hung up on me and second person told me that he was going to send new modem in 5 days. Called in two weeks to find out they never sent the modem and have no record that I called. Called again today and it took one hour and I couldn't not understand the person I was talking with. The service is horrible and nobody seems to care.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Scott. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for WIndstream. I apologize that you have had trouble getting a modem sent. I would like to help. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Windstream might be a rather large company, but they are completely inept at customer service and have no ability to keep their internet functional. Example, my internet went down after a storm. I called several times to get the issue resolved (as in daily) and was lied to by the company as to when someone would come out to fix it. As in, lied to on several occasions spanning quite a bit of time. After clearing my schedule to try to accommodate the nonexistent technician, and missing several assignments (I’m an online student... classes that I take online in the evening after working during the day). I was finally told that it would be at least two weeks before they could even start to get someone out to even ‘look’ at my internet connection issue.

If you’re looking for reliable service, and a willingness to fix issues when they arise, and a desire to actually take care of the individuals that are paying them for their service... Do NOT use this company. They charge for services they don’t provide, and refuse to fix their products in any type of reasonable time frame when there’s an issue. It’s like internet-service hostage taking... And I was silly enough to be a customer with them for over 6 years.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Katrina. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. We appreciate you for being a customer for over 6 years. I apologize that we haven't met your expectations. Please allow me to work with you to resolve any service issues. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Windstream is one of the worst internet service providers available. The only reason my family has to use it is that they have a monopoly in the Dawsonville area. It is so terrible that I've heard nothing but hate about this horrible service. We pay for 25 mp/s down but we get about 1 mp/s if we are lucky. They rip you off and treat all their customers like garbage.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon, Zac. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are experiencing issues that are effecting your speeds. I would like to help with getting this resolved. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Windstream Internet expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the most popular of the mid-sized ISPs, Windstream ranks among the top 10 largest ISPs in the nation. It is especially well-known throughout the Midwestern and southern states, including Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky and Texas.

• Customer service: This is one company that consistently receives positive reviews for its devotion to keeping customers happy and exceeding expectations.

• Steady expansion: For the past several years, Windstream has been acquiring smaller ISPs and enlarging its coverage area.

• Standard speeds: Like Earthlink, this is a mid-sized ISP that can provide a good quality of service for standard Internet usage.

• Social presence: In addition to normal customer support channels like phone, email and chat, Windstream maintains active communities on Facebook and Twitter.

• Best for: Windstream is best for smaller businesses, rural consumers and those who prefer a local option with high-quality customer experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs