3.9/5 (553 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

What is Windstream Internet?

Windstream is a high-speed broadband internet service provider that operates in some parts of the United States. It provides DSL internet, which connects through a phone line at a much faster rate than dial-up speeds.

The company’s offerings vary by state. One factor to note is that the internet speeds available to you also depend on your location. Some communities get speeds up to 1 Gbps, while other places may have much slower speeds. Because of this, pricing also varies widely by area. It’s essential to look at what Windstream provides in your city to know whether it’s the right choice for you.

Windstream Internet plans

The Windstream website offers three main internet plans: Kinetic 200, Kinetic 500 and Kinetic GIG. Depending on where you live, Windstream might offer bundle plans with TV and phone services at a discounted rate. Other possibilities that may be available in your area include Kinetic 25, 100 or 400, which are internet-only packages.

• Kinetic 200 offers up to 200 Mbps of high-speed internet. This plan is suitable for entertainment. Customers can download HD movies or shows, stream HD video on multiple devices or play multiplayer online games.
  • Kinetic 500 offers up to 500 Mbps speeds. This plan works best for heavy internet usage, particularly if there are multiple people in the house. It lets you download large media files and stream music and video on several devices at once.
  • Kinetic GIG provides speeds up to 1 Gbps. This is the best internet experience Windstream offers. The company recommends it for households using lots of smart home technology.

Windstream Internet prices

Windstream Internet prices typically range from $35 to $90 per month. The cost of Windstream's internet service varies based on the package you choose and your location. Contact a Windstream customer service agent to get pricing information for your specific location.

There are some other pricing factors to keep in mind. Often with internet service providers, your initial cost is a promotional cost and the price raises after the promotion period ends. It’s important to find out whether the price you’re paying is a regular or promotional offer. Windstream offers a discount for low-income households through the federal Lifeline Assistance Program.

Windstream Internet FAQ

Where is Windstream Internet available?
Windstream Internet is available in the following states:
  • Alabama
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • Texas
Is Windstream Internet DSL or cable?
Windstream offers DSL internet service. This type connects through your phone line instead of a cable.
Does Windstream Internet require a phone line?
No, Windstream Internet does not require an active phone service.
Does Windstream have a data cap?
No, there are no data caps with Windstream plans.

Is Windstream Internet good?

Whether Windstream internet is a good choice for you depends on one major factor: your location. There are vast differences in internet speeds based on your state and city. The best way to know whether Windstream internet is right for you is to find out precisely what is available in your location. There are some excellent things about Windstream, particularly the lack of data caps and contracts. So if the speed and the price in your location work for you, Windstream can be a worthy choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I have wasted 2 business days sitting at home waiting for this company to show up. They never do. They don't cancel, text, call, nothing! They have monopoly in area so I guess they don't care. Horrid Business!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Where to even begin.

1- Two weeks of no internet, technician dispatched and claim it is all good but really still isn't working at all and they have no idea why after multiple phone calls and resetting of everything. It's always a different excuse.

2- Getting billed for services when it doesn't work at all for WEEKS on end and they still cannot get it online.

3- Getting billed for a leased modem you didn't lease because you have your own equipment which is the one thing you know working because they tested that part and zero issues. They refuse to take the lease off the bill "because you could need one" but I'm not leasing it NOW.

4- Technicians transferring you to extensions that don't even exist and it says that five digit extension is not in service and it disconnects.

5- You have to call in and hope you don't get disconnected for the fifth time after waiting on hold for another 15-30 minutes. Only person that answered and was pleasant was the retention department girl. That poor girl has got the worst job to deal with people after the terrible service.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Most of the time, my internet service from Windstream (Kinetic) works well enough. There are times like tonight when my throughput and streaming are not working. As before, I have tried to call the support number twice and both times, I worked my way through their prompts only to be hung up on. I live in Cornelia, GA and there is a large Windstream presence in the area including several large offices. It amazes me that a company that offers 24 hour service does not offer better support.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I live in Dawsonville GA and basically lived here my whole life with Windstream as my internet provider. Personally from my experience with them I think they are just a terrible crooked monopoly internet company that's gone bankrupt and had to change their name to kinetic by Windstream just to keep to robbing people's money. Unless you live in one of the new neighborhoods that they are building here they have AT&t or Xfinity. While everyone else has Windstream can barely run 10-15Mpbs where I live and that's honestly terrible in my opinion. At least once a month they have a service outage which either takes a whole day to fix or a whole week. So if you work from home definitely not a reliable internet provider to be working off.

If you need someone to come help you out with Tech support for internet just be ready to wait another week or less. Overall I just think they are a terrible internet company and if you have the option to get a different internet provider I would highly recommend it. Hopefully one day Xfinity and At&t will be available one to all residents of Dawson.

Original review: July 30, 2022

This is a company that takes advantage of us folks that live in the country outside the big cities. We live in Quitman Arkansas. Windstream is the only game in town. Charge us over 60 dollars a month for get this, 10....that's TEN MBPS. And it goes out quite often. Out as we speak. Called and it will be at least a week for someone to come out. Monopoly, price gouging and don't care. Isn't there laws in place for companies doing this to people? Can't wait till some other company AT&T or anyone else to help us.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

David, I hate to hear that this has been your experience with us. I'd like to look into your service and billing to make sure you're getting the best rates and speed. Possibly we have projects in the area that might upgrade you. I will need your address to check this. Please email me directly to wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information and I will be in touch! Thanks! -Maggie

Original review: July 25, 2022

Would not recommend to anyone. Looks like it will take 15 days (if they show to their new service date 8 days away) to get someone out to fix an issue I believe was caused by them in the first place. Waited a week for a technician. At 4 pm on the day that service was promised they pushed it out another 8 days. If you have other options you should probably go with the other company.

Jeffrey,

I'm really sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I would like to help ensure this is completely resolved and that your billing reflects the time you've been without service. Please email me directly to wincanhelp@windstream.com.

Original review: May 27, 2022

This company have given me such a bad impression, on May 17 I called to request the installation of internet in my house (after an internet search on internet service providers) and unfortunately I decided to call this company, after deciding to hire internet services, this company have scheduled 5 APPOINTMENTS to go to my house to install the service, and THEY NEVER CAME TO MY HOUSE, they have made me waste MY TIME, LOSE 3 DAYS OF WORK waiting for someone and they has not installed the service at my house. And no one gives me explanations what's happening. The order number is # **. This is UNACCEPTABLE and unprofessional, And if they answer you saying that you should send an email to wincanhelp@windstream.com, do yourself a favor and don't do it either, because they don't answer either, believe me I already did and they haven't answered or contacted me.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello. Thank you for sending over. I have found and followed up to your email regarding your order of installation. I've ensured the order has been released and escalated with the local team for completion. I apologize this has been your experience but will ensure this is reviewed so we can improve moving forward. Thank you, >MA

Original review: May 18, 2022

You do not get what you paid for only wasted time! I placed a $14.99 order for Premium Secure Package on May 5th. I wanted the added Parental Controls. Well, apparently from talking to the SECOND lady the first one did not put the order in like they said. So she was going to do it for me. Well, nothing worked still the same. So I called back. I went through six different people on different days sometimes waiting over an hour literally with people who had no clue what they were saying or doing. Three of them promised to call me back and lied. One Aaron S. hung up on me. I was so frustrated with them because I was charged with the service but nothing worked. On another time one told me that my order was again stopped for some reason “they didn't know why”. I'm telling you it was a roller coaster of clueless people.

Here it is May 18th and I still have no service. Mind you, I am talking now with “The premium help team” and it's the same ole thing still. Many different people who don't know anything. I am currently typing this review as I am on speakerphone with the Fifth person I was transferred to just today with all saying that they are transferring me to the person I need to talk to. Just how far should I take this? It's crazy I know but it really is amusing. Now, I am told that they need to speak with someone. Oh, apparently my modem has not been charged either I've had service with this company for 15 years. Oh my goodness!!! I promise you I'm not making this up. This fifth person is now saying that their system does not recognize their modem even though others before him said that it was this and that. Ok, I'm over this craziness.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Andrea, I've received your email and have responded requesting your account information so I can help work this out. Thank you!

Original review: May 12, 2022

I am so happy to read these Reviews. I was going to Sign up today, but decided to do a little searching. I will tell you, they go from door to door to see if you want to switch, after today they are no longer allowed on the property. They have become an unwanted nuisance. No one reads anymore. It says no Soliciting… I read service is not good. I read all the responses from Kinetic to the customers. Looks like they should just go out of business. No one likes to be rip off or lied to. Thank you Consumer Affairs. This helped me from catching a headache and stress!!!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello Renee, I'm sorry to read of your experience with our outside sales representatives. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with additional information so I can get this sent over to management of the area. We appreciate you taking your time to leave this review so we can work to improve. Thank you.

Original review: April 15, 2022

We signed up for service which was to be installed 4/12/2022. The tech came at 0800 that morning but when he left at 5pm service was never actually functioning. We called the help line while the install tech was still in our home and were told no correction would be available until 4/16 when a tech would be sent. I have called and pleaded for help as I work from home and rely on this service. Through many phone calls and even contact on corporate social media sites it seems evident that this company does not care about the quality of service it provides. We have since been warned by many neighbors about the known extremely poor service of this company and now I’m warning you. Hopefully you’ll read before it Is too late.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Jody, I am sorry to hear of your experience with installation. Hopefully this has since resoled. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com so I can check your order or if you need any additional assistance. Thank you!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information