3.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Windstream Internet Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

RUN! If you have any other choices for internet services, run and don't look back. Worst service and customer service you will ever encounter. Paying for 12.5 mbps and consistently only getting 0.25 -2.25. After several calls, customer service only wants to play games, instead of getting anything done.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have never worked with such an inept business in my entire career. I was advised when I signed up I would have internet speeds of 200. I currently have speeds of 6. It will take 5 days to come out to rebuild "something" per the customer service reps, but they aren't sure what. Then I find out my business line is a dummy line. When no one showed up to "rebuild" and I called in to find out what happened no one had any idea of what I was talking about or let alone anything on the schedule for my address. Each customer rep gives me different answer than the one prior as to why my internet isn't working. Each customer rep says the one before gave me bad information. I pray some other internet provider swoops in and takes over as they would get ALL the business from these incompetent people.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Windstream doesn't respond to outages in a timely manner and seem to lose internet at least once a month for 24 hours or so. Price is decent but service and getting someone to get out in the field is a different story. So just remember you get what you pay for. Cheap internet comes with cheap customer service.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I’ve had Windstream for years and recently I’ve been having issues with my internet connection. I called to report the issue two days ago and they won’t be able to come fix it for another 2-3 days. The customer service reps are hard to understand because they are from the Middle East. One of them hung up on me because I asked to speak with a supervisor after he was rude and disrespectful. I don’t understand why it will take 5 days to reconnect my internet? I’m in the process of finding a new provider.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Our internet went out on Thursday November 28 due to an issue with their service and a surge that caused modems to "get fried". It is now Sunday, December 1 and still no internet. They are telling us they can't get to us till Wednesday. I teach English online and this has caused me to have to cancel classes and now my contract is getting cancelled so I no longer have a job. When this was explained to Windstream all they had to say was "I apologize for the inconvenience. They are the worst. Run far from them. Pay the extra money for a better company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream Internet?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

When they started with Kinetic system and paperless billing, customer was told, "If you didnt sign up for paperless bill your account would be charged .50 cent extra." I signed up and havent been able to go online and print my complete statement in 4 months, customer rep nor supervisor have any authority to mail me paper copy but they send me email notification that a bill is available and I also received a upgrade offer in the mail to my address but they can't mail me a paper copy of my statement.

Windstream Internet response

Good Morning. I'm sorry for any confusion in regards to your bill. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. I'd greatly like to assist in getting this resolved for you. Please email or private message me with your account details.

Wincanhelp@windstream.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Very slow internet speed & I have one of the fastest speeds. Told it's not the line or service, but I don't believe it. It worked before & now doesn't? If I wouldn't know better I wonder if it's not a scam to get you to buy a faster speed. If you can, buy internet service somewhere else.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon. I'm really sorry that the services being provided aren't satisfactory. I can check into this to see what can be done to improve your experience. Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your account information.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

The internet was fine while I had it. I canceled services, but the rep. I spoke to put me on a credit plan in case the new provider did not work out and was given a set day in which I would have to cancel by. I did cancel with a few days to spare. I noted it in my phone calendar with an alarm so as not to go past the cut off. Long behold I get a past due bill in the mail. I call customer service who were not listening or understanding but sticking to some scripted response. I explained what their rep told Me several times but they did not listen again and only used the system information they have. I haven’t used Windstream services for 4-5 months, and yet no assistance in taking care of a situation caused by their inept employees and crummy customer service practices. I wouldn’t recommended this service to anyone.

Windstream Internet response

Good Afternoon Andrew. I'm really sorry that this hasn't yet been resolved. I'd gladly like to step in and so you no longer have this lingering over you. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. Please email me your former account information at WinCanHelp@windstream.com.

Maggie

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We have been receiving emails and mailings that told us we should "upgrade" to higher speed. When we called to set it up, the individual said "yes, you can upgrade". Technician came out to give us a new box and realized the connection to the green box on the street did NOT have the high speed that has been promised in the email statements and assorted advertisements. When the technician started checking things, he realized that we were not "recognized" as a customer. We have been paying for internet service for 15+ years. Now that we are recognized, the service is HORRIBLE. I wish they would forget about us again and let us go back to somewhat decent internet.

Windstream Internet response

HI John. I am so sorry to hear about your latest experience with Windstream. My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream and would greatly like the opportunity to assist in getting your services right again. Please private message me with your account information so I can check into this for you.

Thanks,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

We signed up for phone, and e-faxes from Windstream. E-faxes were a problem from day one. Several big customers complained we did not handle their orders. But we never saw them. They went into a blackhole. When we called for customer service, they could not find a problem. On one call the the rep denied we even had the e-fax service with them. Once we determined there was no hope of a solution, we cancelled our service. We faxed them THEIR form to terminate. They refused to accept it. We ported our numbers back to Comcast, but Windstream continues to bill me. Numerous phone calls have only led to more threats of collection agencies, and court action. What part of we quit do they not understand?

Windstream Internet response

Good afternoon Daniel, we're sorry to hear of your experience and decision to cancel your Windstream services. Please send us a private message with your account information so we can get you a permanent resolution.

Windstream Internet expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the most popular of the mid-sized ISPs, Windstream ranks among the top 10 largest ISPs in the nation. It is especially well-known throughout the Midwestern and southern states, including Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky and Texas.

• Customer service: This is one company that consistently receives positive reviews for its devotion to keeping customers happy and exceeding expectations.

• Steady expansion: For the past several years, Windstream has been acquiring smaller ISPs and enlarging its coverage area.

• Standard speeds: Like Earthlink, this is a mid-sized ISP that can provide a good quality of service for standard Internet usage.

• Social presence: In addition to normal customer support channels like phone, email and chat, Windstream maintains active communities on Facebook and Twitter.

• Best for: Windstream is best for smaller businesses, rural consumers and those who prefer a local option with high-quality customer experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs