3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
View More View More

40 TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Trusted Choice is a good company to go with. Not only has it the best prices, but it also has good reviews online. At that time, I had to renew my business insurance. I googled Trusted Choice and then called the company. We took everything from there and everything else was done through email.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I reached out to a few different companies and had some quotes, and Trusted Choice's quote met our needs the best. It took us a little bit to come to a decision, but Derek was just about following up with me, but not pestering me on our decision. We insured our tattoo supply company with Trusted Choice. We did a general liability and then also a policy that would insure us when we're traveling for conventions. Trusted Choice was really great about giving us all the information, and checking in with phone calls. With a lot of companies, I just received information from them via email, but they were pretty proactive about getting me on the phone as well. Overall, we're satisfied with our experience with Trusted Choice.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I own a car rental agency and I've been searching for an insurance that fits me. Trusted Choice Business Insurance has been continuously working with me. They have been searching as best as they could and they have been very friendly and helpful. They have also answered all my questions. The options that they have matched me with have been very direct and they have fit exactly the right description of my job and my company. Now, I'm weighing my options.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Trusted Choice Business Insurance popped up on Google when I was looking for liability and worker's comp insurance quotes. I was trying to see what different numbers different companies had when it came to the insurance. The website was easy to navigate and I put in some information online, but we ended up going with our agent quotes for insurance versus what we were quoted online.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was searching for a business insurance for workman's compensation, and I wanted a local company. I used Trusted Choice Business Insurance to find an agent for me. Navigating through their website was easy. They have many agents there so it was easy for me to choose. I entered my information and what I wanted and then I had several agents contacted me after that the following day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My husband and I have a business and we're trying to figure out what we can do to better our situation. My husband is also looking for another insurance because his current one only covers him in Colorado. TrustedChoice asks you questions and things that you need to put in online to get you to the right person. But I'd rather talk to a person because I don't feel secure putting all my information on the computer. Other than that, TrustedChoice is very good and I'll tell others to talk to them and see what they can do.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I recently purchased a martial arts studio. I have a small club in New York and I expanded it in Connecticut. I've had 25+ years in the insurance industry, commercial insurance as well as reinsurance on the underwriting side, however, I don't know many direct writing insurances for martial arts. So, I decided to go through an independent agent company. The agent in Connecticut that the prior owner of the studio was dealing with was affiliated with Trusted Choice. However, I was trying to touch base with him, but I never got a follow-up, so it was a bit disturbing. I haven't been able to get a good response from the agents on Trusted Choice's site. I got a few emails but no one called me, and I was a little concerned with that.

I was a casualty manager in underwriting, so I am very knowledgeable about the process. I went directly to the agents that I dealt with in the past. The agents always marketed and did business development on their own. They didn’t go through an online generator of leads and they always did it themselves, so it wasn’t as elaborate. Still, the response time, whether it's underwriting or the agents’ side or brokers, will get you to business.

I started the process with Trusted Choice online. It was very informal. In the past, you would never get business if you didn’t talk and meet with the agent or broker. From my experience, if you have a client who is leaving or selling the business, you are all over that new person. However, the guy hasn’t even called me back. I might be in the martial arts business now, but I still consult in this industry. I wish someone would call me back. They would get the business if they help me. I'm busy with another industry, so I'm spending a lot of time trying to understand what I'm dealing with.

It makes the website look bad when a broker doesn’t make a call. Trusted Choice should create a call center. They should have called back even if it was a no and they should get first right of refusal. Also, the website was great, but they should have something where they're picking up portal information. I could be the biggest martial arts studio in the country and they wouldn’t know that because they just asked for basic name and contact information, and it was very generic and basic. I wasn’t impressed.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

We are sorry you had a difficult experience. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to make it right. I have passed your comments onto our support team. Please contact us so we can best assist you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We were looking for workers comp and we went with an agent that was already with our company. We've used him in the past, and he was reliable. He's with DeWitt Insurance and he's very good. He got us the coverage we needed through Trusted Choice, and he was able to deliver the quote in a good time manner.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I opened a business and went to a particular company. However, they said they didn’t do the area where one of businesses are any longer. And so, I got the insurance through Trusted Choice and the experience was good and easy. I got the first one that they referred me to. I called them and they looked pretty good. Everything worked out in less than an hour. Plus, I didn’t have to go into an office or do a lot of stuff. The website was fairly easy to navigate through. I’m not very technologically savvy but I understood everything. The price was very good and what they insured me for was everything I was looking for. I’m very pleased with what I picked. I even told others to take a look at Trusted Choice because they’re working really well for me

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I’m totally dissatisfied with TrustedChoice. It was a nightmare for me because they sent so many people to do business with me. I didn’t have time and I didn’t want 50 people to give me a phone call. That was crazy. People were even calling me while I'm working. I told them, “Look. Just send me the darn email and let me compare myself. I don’t need you to compare. How you’re gonna compare? I can compare. You can’t compare for me.”

If they would send me an email, that would be good but they didn’t. They wanted to call me on the phone. They had the same information I put out online so why did they ask me again for the same information? It didn’t make any sense. This was my second time I went to these kinds of websites and I’m totally disappointed because every time I try to find out online my auto home insurance, home insurance and workman’s comp and property and all of that, people were calling me. I didn’t go with anybody because I already have the insurance. I just wanna change and find a better pricing but TrustedChoice couldn’t help me. I don’t think it’s useful.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

TrustedChoice.com does not sell your information to insurance lead call centers and we are surprised to hear of your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to make it right. I have passed your comments onto our support team. Please contact us at support@trustedchoice.com or by phone at (855) 372-0071 so we can best assist you.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We’ve had business insurance since 2012. Then we changed offices and we had to update the location. We needed the cover in insurance, so we searched online for insurance companies or independent agents. I have used Trusted Choice before and it was excellent, so we went with them. Navigating through their website was easy. Trusted Choice is an excellent insurance company to work with.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We were searching for general liability insurance and Trusted Choice came up. They gave us a couple of options and directed us over to one company. We then called that company, ran along with it and everything worked out fine. Trusted Choice did an excellent job for us, so we’re really happy. They promptly got us what we needed and it worked out great.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We were looking for special lines, and I put filters out in many directions to try and come up with an underwriter who would be able to handle our needs. Trusted Choice put out various filters to different companies, mostly unsuccessfully. A lot of people weren't able to get their arms around what we were trying to insure, so it was a challenge. If Trusted Choice had a special lines division that could have been more clear and created better filters, that would have been easier for me to perhaps move through the process. But their website was easy to navigate. We got calls almost as soon as I hit send.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was looking for commercial truck insurance and Trusted Choice came up on Google. Their website was fair to navigate. The agent options were also okay. I'd tell friends to try Trusted Choice.

Original review: July 27, 2018

The independent agents from the Trusted Choice website were in line with the business insurance deal I was looking for. But I had to make a two-day decision and they were not ready. It was too late that I contacted them, but I would recommend Trusted Choice.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We have a transport business and we decided to go through an independent agent to get a new insurance. Somebody recommended Trusted Choice and during the enrollment process, we talked to the broker over the phone and he gave us the requirements that the company that we were driving for needed. Their service was adequate and it was what we needed. And when we had an occurrence, it was covered. All in all, I was satisfied with my experience.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I'm a broker in California and I was looking for a broker to help me with workers' compensation in another state that I'm not licensed in. I called somewhere to get help and they told me to go to Trusted Choice. I ended up writing a policy with one of the agents in Texas and that was super helpful. Navigating through their website was also helpful because initially, I had no information on where to start to locate somebody that could do workers' comp. for that area. However, I was a little disappointed in some of the agents that I was calling that were listed there. I couldn't get a hold of them and they wouldn't return calls.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We had 23% increase on our professional liability this year and we were looking for a little bit of extended coverage. We were not happy with our current broker so we were looking for something that can go out to spot and Trusted Choice popped up. We started searching for and independent agent online but it was really hard to figure out. I'd rather do more of an online format versus having brokerage calls, at least in the initial portion and there should be more extensive contact or information to request.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I opened up a lawn care service a couple of months ago. I researched the different insurance coverages that I could get for my business as I was looking for an insurance that would cover my tools and equipment. When I went to Trusted Choice's website, they were quick. They sent me information on a couple of different people that offered that type of insurance in the area. They did everything they needed to do and did their part well. Everything seems to go smooth.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I was looking to switch business insurance companies and there are usually better prices with independent agent companies. But the Trusted Choice website was horrible. Every single one of the people that I used on that either didn’t call me back or couldn’t give me a quote. I would like brokers of a little higher quality. I also hate having to sign up for things so that was part of the problem. If you google things, you're not signing up for anything. You just click on it and move on with your life. I ended up having to go a whole different route to find brokers.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Our current insurance went up quite a bit from last year for this year. I searched and tried to get quotes in but was not able to get a single quote from going through Trusted Choice. I would tell other people who are considering using them to not waste their time.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with TrustedChoice. We'd love the opportunity to make it right, and I have passed your comments onto our support team. Please contact us at support@trustedchoice.com or by phone at (855) 372-0071 so we can best assist you.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I'm a party rental company and there were only certain companies who did general liability. I knew it was difficult to find one and when I stressed the type of liability that I was exposed to, none of the people that I called or who called me back did it, so I just gave up on it. I had an original agent but the frustration of waiting for the calls, leaving messages and so forth made me decide to go for an independent agent. I went online as it would be the most acceptable and fastest way of getting exposed to whoever was doing that type of liability and being able to put as many requests for it.

Once you start doing the search, if somebody else has quoted you, it's really hard, so you have to find out who they carry, and then find out will they accept that liability, and then go from there. It was a lot of work that I knew had to be done on my part, so I just wanted to streamline it. I used Trusted Choice and nobody did the type of liability. One of the agents from Trusted Choice that I called never ever returned my call so I never got anything from them and I purchased insurance through who my insurance company had recommended. But the website was fine. Some of the actual questions did not pertain to the type of business that I do so it was just a lot of stuff that I had to go over and ignore or whatever I needed to do. It was a hit or miss kind of thing and the site does need a little bit of tweaking.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

Original review: July 3, 2018

I needed an insurance policy for a business that I had just opened. I searched on Google and the independent agent company, TrustedChoice Business Insurance, came up so I went through them in getting an insurance provider. I had a good experience with their website and it was easy to navigate. Instead of just going to one insurance company, I could see from their website what other companies were available and what other choices were out there so I could compare and get the best deal. I had to register and put in the information required, then they referred me to whatever insurance company met my needs. They gave me several choices and I ended up going with Hiscox Insurance which was cheaper and offered the coverage that I wanted. I would highly recommend TrustedChoice.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have a small carpet cleaning business and for business insurance, I thought an independent agent company would be more personable. I called around and got a few quotes, and Trusted Choice was in the middle of the road. There were some that were a little more modest but they didn't offer everything that Trusted Choice offered. Plus they had a name. If someone is able to live up to that standard in Trusted Choice, it would be okay and that was what appealed to me. In looking through the website, everything was in view and things weren't difficult to find. What I was looking for was already there so all I really had to do was click on what my desires or concerns were. The agent I spoke with over the phone was professional as well.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was looking for workman’s comp and garage liability insurance, but an issue in Texas is that nobody can give an instant quote online. They want your life history, pretty much your DNA, and then it takes about a week to get a quote. So it's a very cumbersome process over here. I was hoping TrustedChoice might have solved the issue but I didn't find the site helpful.

For business insurance, I wouldn't mind spending 10 or 20 minutes putting in the information but then I would need a quote. But if there were five different agencies on the site that matched our insurance needs, they would either have called me individually or I would have called them individually and I would have given them the same information again. That defeated the purpose. If something can get me a quote, it's useful. Otherwise, it doesn’t help me. On top of that, a lot of the information is confidential and sensitive, especially with workman’s comp. As an employer, I didn't like giving out the information to 10 different people.

Also, a lot of the insurance agents from the listing in the site don’t specialize in the kind of insurance I was looking for so dealing with them ended up being a wasted effort. TrustedChoice's site needs to know what kind of insurance is a particular agent's strong suit. I ended up getting Farmers because they had the best coverage and rate I could find.

No response received
Original review: June 24, 2018

I was trying to lower my cost and keep my guy on it so I decided to go through an independent company but using the Trusted Choice website wasn’t worthwhile and it wasn’t a good experience. I got a response from one person from Trusted Choice, and then I never got any follow-up on that, so it was just a waste of time. I didn’t have any success at all so, I'm still with the same company.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were looking for transportation of vehicle for Jefferson County, Alabama and we were trying to find anybody so I was doing research. All of these was through a grant process and when we weren't approved from that grant, I just directed my attention to something else. But I knew that we still may be working on that same process with a different grant and if that’s the case, then they'll still have to go through the same process to find an insurance. I started online and I was able to get quite a bit of information. But a lot of companies that actually called me after I put in the input couldn’t give me any roundabout figures. So, I decided to find somebody locally so that they can give me a guesstimate of what it was gonna cost. The experience with Trusted Choice was great and I got a quick turnaround from agents that called me. It went through without a hitch so that was good.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Trusted Choice worker's compensation insurance was referred to me. I searched for an independent agent over the phone and talking to the agent was really easy. She was pleasant. It's been simple and straightforward with Trusted Choice.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have a $1-million-dollar retail business here at Universal Studios and I have a $150,000 kiosk going up inside Universal in California that’s going to need protection. Right now, I got $3 million liability here that just covers the kiosk. My liability does not cover if someone breaks in the store. It only covers if a guest gets hurt. So, I’m looking to have my shop covered for loss and damage and hurricane. I've been trying to get insurance with Trusted Choice for about five months now and not one person has called me back to even do any type of business with me. And they never went over a policy or any type of pricing with me.

I reached out to all the people in this area and the Orlando area people basically blew me off. Every single time, their reps would tell me, "No problem. I’ll get you some quotes and you let me know once you got the quotes and we’ll do something with you.” I reached back out to one of them and they said they'd have something for me by the end of the day. But that was a month ago. They gave me excuses and they never got back. They just stopped calling me over a month ago. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied with Trusted Choice and my experience with them has been horrible.

TrustedChoice.com Business Insurance response

Original review: May 23, 2018

Trusted Choice Business Insurance provided me all the information I needed. Navigating through the website was straightforward. They have back to back simple questions which anyone can fill it out. It was a smooth process. But I chose differently from the one they recommended because one of my friends suggested that.

TrustedChoice.com expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Trusted Choice helps customers find the best insurance coverage for them. It’s a group of independent insurance agents that get quotes from all their different providers so customers can easily find the best price. Trusted Choice has agents throughout the United States; you can find the nearest agent by visiting their website.

• Multiple quotes: Because Trusted Choice’s agents don’t work for a specific insurance company, they’ll give you quotes from multiple insurers. Then, you can choose the company that is best for you.

• Find an agent: Trusted Choice has independent insurance agents in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. You can find an agent near you by visiting the company’s website and answering a few simple question. It takes about 2 minutes to be matched with an agent.

• Insurance blog: If you’d like to learn more about insurance before making a purchase, you can visit Trusted Choice’s insurance blog. It includes posts on topics that will help you understand insurance and learn how to protect your property.

• Many coverage types: Trusted Choice has insurance partners that offer many different types of insurance coverage, including home, auto, life and business. This means they’ll be able to find one insurance company that has all the types of policies you need.

• National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP): Many of Trusted Choice’s insurance partners participate in the NFIP, the federal program that backs flood insurance. If you live in a floodplain and have a mortgage, you’re likely required to have flood insurance, so finding an NFIP insurer is important.

• Best for: anyone who needs home, business, life or auto insurance.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky