2.55/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need business insurance?

12 Allstate Business Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

My family owns a small business and we planned on canceling with Allstate for their business insurance. The secretary of our agent was informed that we are canceling on the end of our billing cycle and she told us that this was set and done. A little later, we got a notification that an Allstate bill has been sent to a collection agency because we did not pay on time. Instead of ending services with Allstate at the end of the billing cycle, the secretary somehow made it so that it ends several days after the billing cycle. We were under an automatic pay agreement with Allstate, so why did the last bill not get automatically taken out of our account and sent to a collection agency instead?

We complained to our insurance agent who was absolutely no help. The secretary was nice about it but lied and said that she did everything correctly, and that this collection agency ordeal should not have happened. The secretary said she would fix it but never did. We fought the claim with Allstate, who accepted our allegations. Everything would have been fine up until the insurance agent decided to fight back himself saying that we are wrong. Not sure how Allstate and this insurance agent specifically, was able to run us around a circle but they did, with absolutely no help, rude service, and hurting a small business. We are very dissatisfied with them and for the future businesses that we are currently in the process of opening, we will be sure not to use them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

Over 20 years with Allstate both auto & homeowners. Decided to shop for better rates, informed our agent to see if he could do better. Never heard from him almost 2 mos. now. Got better deal with AAA. Saved $1000.00 a yr on auto!! Glad we did this. Cancelled both policies with agent, gave him all the info he wanted. Never heard from him nor did he cancel policies. Received late payment notice. Called 800#. Said they would take care of it for us. 800# rep only cancelled auto and not homeowners. We are owed for unused coverage on homeowners. Hope we get it or will turn over to Texas INS. board. Had enough of this company. Be warned. Not what they used to be. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Never coming back!!!

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

They were very friendly and answered all my questions. They were helpful in so many ways and I'd recommend them to anyone. Every time I called to speak with someone even if it was a quick question I was never put on hold long, no one ever was rude, they were very reliable, and helped me so much. The variety is great because they do more than just business insurance. They do auto and home insurance as well as others. I like the fact that if I choose to I can get all my insurance through Allstate. I've always heard great things about them and they have definitely lived up to their great rep. The price for my business was good. They also provided quotes from other companies and also different price ranges to try and help to fit my budget.

If I was ever late they were very understanding and helpful as well as caring and making sure I was satisfied and was always satisfied. The claims process is great. They explain everything in full detail so you don't miss anything. There's no fine print and they never go back on what they say. They will answer anything you may be concerned about and they want to make sure that you are fully aware of everything.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Allstate is a decent company to work with. I never had to file any claims but was always helpful with questions. The rates were a little high but the coverage was good enough for what I needed for my side business. The variety was about the same as other companies. I shopped around online and different coverages and found they are all relatively the same. Just find the one that suits your needs. In my experience they are no more no less better than any one else. The price of the coverage was a bit higher than I would have liked. Tried to find ways for discounts but only works out if you get multi policies which again is about the same as other companies. I never had to file any claims with the company, but I'm sure it's just like all the rest. You call your agent, file your claim, and the process begins. But they were very helpful with any and all of my questions.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Customer service are very helpful with any question about my insurance and claims. I have never received any opposition or deceit. I use this service for my personal insurance, as well. You have many options with Allstate business: it can help you with all of your business liability needs. Plus if you're in the market for life and car insurance, you can shop in-house for it - no need to go anywhere else. It's fairly inexpensive for the lot you do get with your plans. And you do get a lot for what you pay. It is not one of those insurance companies that gouge you and then not deliver. I have had my claim paid out, but they take too long, I feel. It is easy to file a claim and it's simple process, but you do have to keep them on your toes and you will have to invest in time to follow up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Business Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The customer service experience was about average and the prices are not very competitive. I expected better service from this company. The variety of services offered needs some improvement. I should be able to pick and choose what I need and want. The price did not seem justified. I have been looking around and other companies have better prices. I will be switching companies very soon.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I recommend their customer service because they know how to treat their customers with care and respect. They give you many options and they never rush you to choose. They help you every step of the way. I recommend Allstate because they have a variety of options to choose from. And out of the options, you will definitely find what you're looking for. Once you have found it and chosen what you want, you will be happy. I recommend their price because they are very affordable. You will feel comfortable with prices that you can live with. You don't have to worry about high payments and you can feel at ease. I recommend Allstate because their claims process is fast and easy. There are absolutely no hassles. You will be completely satisfied with everything Allstate does.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I recently switch to Allstate for my auto, homeowners and landlord polices. The customer service is horrible. They will not answer any questions regarding my account since they are not a licensed insurance agent. This is the third time of having this same issue. I just was asking if a certain claim would be covered under my landlord policy. The customer service agent said she cannot pull up my policy nor can she help. I asked if there was anyone else to help and she said no. She didn't give me any options or suggestions on what to do. I have never had such bad customer service ever!!! I am taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 17, 2016

I have been with Allstate for less than 6 months and I am already looking to move my coverage. The customer service is NON-EXISTENT. They were awesome up until they received my down-payment. Now phone calls and emails go unanswered and issues just do not get fixed! I received my first renewal, that was almost $200 more than expiring. No reasoning, no incidents, nothing. It has been 9 business days and no one from the office will contact me back. Is this what Allstate views as good customer service? I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

I would give it 0 star if possible. Allstate is the worst insurance company we ever deal with. When my store was break in, we file claim with Allstate. They keep changing adjusters and you don't hear back from them for months. We filed claim in February and submitted all documents and now is August, nothing done yet. They still saying the case is under investigation. Don't ever buy from Allstate because they will drag your case for months and will never pay.

Original review: July 3, 2015

My original agent retired, and my business was sold by Allstate to a new agent and he never once contacted me, reviewed my policies for savings or better coverage, and yet took all the commissions, bonuses, etc, and Allstate has not answered any of the many complaints over the years. And now, the 3rd annual survey must have randomly been reviewed, and they refuse to make right the situation of long standing, blaming me for not contacting them and asking for the discounts and programs I would only have known about if I was an Allstate agent. One of which I had, and was getting paid on my business, but never ONCE contacted me, except the email that noted that the money was taken from my account to pay my monthly bill.

I, monthly, wrote him emails complaining about his lack of attention, and I never received a response once. All of the customer hotline emails I sent to Allstate corp. were also ignored, until someone randomly read and responded to the 3rd annual customer service survey I filled out, and now they're sorry, but I was in the wrong by not trying to solve my own problems, and answer my own questions, and the agent in question was entitled to the money he made for IGNORING my business.

I believe that accepting money for services not rendered is theft, and being a licensed agent, it makes it a state crime, and by Allstate not responding to my complaints of my agent not even contacting me once, makes them accomplices in this theft. And since corporate is in another state, and the emails cross state lines, it makes it a federal crime, and even if they are not convicted of crimes against me, I should be entitled to refunds on the discounts and rebates I would have gotten if he had actually represented me as my agent, as he took the money to do, but in fact never did.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2008

My company in Atlanta GA, was insured by ALLSTATE at the time of a burglary, on Oct-8 2007, by a gang the news has called the Blu Jean Bandits. I have given ALLSTATE all that they have asked me for. It is now Jan-21 2008 and I still have not been paid. My adjuster works from her cell phone and I have no recent inventory in my stores, I missed the holiday seasons, my insurance lapsed on Dec 20th. I was robbed again on Jan 3rd without insurance, I have suffered mentally and economically. I'm a few days away from closing my doors on a dream I have worked so hard for. It's hard so even sleep with this on my mind every night.

Not sure about Allstate Business Insurance?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Business Insurance for you.

Allstate Business Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Business Insurance provides a range of coverage options for both large and small businesses. It has Commercial Certified Agents who can help with unique business insurance needs.

• Experts at small business: The company supports the operations of over 10,000 small businesses around the country.

• Accessibility: Allstate has plenty of agency offices located in every state, with agents who can provide face-to-face assistance so that it's easier to get answers about your insurance needs and have issues addressed more quickly.

• Certified agents: All agents are commercially certified to work with small businesses on their insurance needs.

• Industry Expertise: Allstate has agents that specialize in nearly every imaginable industry, from accounting services to wholesale hardware.

• Support: Allstate offers customer support online and on the phone, on top of its local points of contact. The company’s agents will also spend time crafting a unique insurance plan with you.

• Best for: Allstate is an option for large companies with a variety of business needs

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky
    Matthew Brodsky

Insurance Contributing Editor

Allstate Business Insurance Company Information

1931
    P.O. Box 12055 1819 Electric Rd. S.W.
    Roanoke
    VA
    www.allstate.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business