4.83/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratings

Need business insurance?

TechInsurance

TechInsurance is a business insurance provider founded in 1997 that specializes in insurance policies and plans for IT-related businesses and services. Insurance quotes are provided from most major insurance carriers, including but not limited to Zurich, The Hartford, Philadelphia, and Travelers to name a few. TechInsurance offers a variety of insurance options such as General Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability and more. Contact TechInsurance today for a free quote.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

24 TechInsurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was doing a couple of jobs in condos, and the condos require insurance. I had to get the insurance but I never got a renewal notice and I forgot about it. I didn't even know it expired. I chose TechInsurance over other technology-related insurance providers with price being a big factor. I spoke to the broker who was okay. The guidance was okay as well, but I haven’t really used the insurance. Now, I wonder if TechInsurance has any benefit similar to if one has AAA then they get discounts on certain things.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I just needed to get an insurance so I’d be protected, and every person that I dealt with from TechInsurance has been very courteous, nice and thorough. Everything has been fine with them.

Get expert buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: April 23, 2018

I was in need of insurance so I called TechInsurance and I was given a quote which I took. The person who was handling my account was very nice and she gave me all the information I needed. Also, the guidance I received was very good. I'm happy with my experience with TechInsurance.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was trying to find a new solution for business insurance and I reached out to TechInsurance as they made it easy to do stuff online. They also seemed to understand my line of business and have the type of insurance that I needed. I started with an online application and I had an agent email me after that. The agent recommended a couple of different options and I purchased two types of insurance through them. I had questions in both instances and their agents were very helpful in answering the questions through email or on the phone. The insurance was something that my clients wanted to see that I have. It also me gives some of peace of mind to have some of those things covered. I'd tell people to go to TechInsurance’s website and see if it works for them.

Original review: April 8, 2018

TechInsurance was recommended to me by one of my clients. The representatives I worked with got me insurance on the same day, which was what I needed because I wasn't gonna be able to work with that client unless I had insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TechInsurance?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I need a workers’ compensation insurance and someone referred TechInsurance. The interaction with them had been fine. The guidance I received was fine as well. However, I had to cancel the policy because the contract that my person was on did not need workers’ compensation anymore. Even so, I would tell a friend that my experience with TechInsurance had been fine.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was looking around for another company that offers general liability insurance because I wanted to assess the one I had. I had a great response from TechInsurance and my interaction with their reps was great. I received excellent guidance and they've been really responsive. Nationwide contacted me and all the paperwork was sent to me.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had our liability and other business insurance with TechInsurance back in 2008 and when I needed the new business liability as well as Arizona Mission's insurance, I decided to use them again. Their agents were very easy to deal with. I told them what I thought I needed and then the agent started to ask me certain questions to make sure that I was right in what I needed. It was thorough but very quick. I got hold of very quick quotes. We picked the simplest way to do it and I was literally insured in minutes. And they had my main client there on the certificate very quickly. Compared to every other type of insurance I've ever bought in my life this was just lightning fast and simple to deal with.

Original review: March 17, 2018

TechInsurance's representative was very genuine and straightforward. Their guidance was very dependable and the service was quick. They make the work as soon as possible. Overall, they're a very reliable company.

Original review: March 16, 2018

My experience with TechInsurance was pretty good. They had all the combination I needed in an insurance and they had good reviews. The guy from TechInsurance took all my questions and answered me with what they can do best. I had good experience with all the customer reps as well as any sort of situation where I needed to merge my policy. They handled it pretty good, so it was pretty decent. They gave me a well-informed guidance. I asked many questions and they answered all of them. I was satisfied. This was my first time working with any insurance, but the benefits including the quotation I got were good so far. Though I would definitely like to have a mobile application as well as the advanced mobile app feature because I'm just using the web portal right now

Original review: March 14, 2018

I needed insurance for my business. So I went looking online and TechInsurance responded to me quickly. Their representatives were very helpful and positive. They got me situated quickly. Also the guidance I received from them was straightforward and honest. I will recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I'm a new sole proprietor and in my first year, I had not yet acquired any insurance. That was going to be a sticking point to signing up some new businesses. My previous attempts to figure out how much insurance would cost were very discouraging so I had put it off until a later date. A colleague suggested that if I was looking for business insurance then TechInsurance would be a good company to talk to. The first person I talked to was a local business insurance agent near my home, but they didn't really understand my business at all. Whereas, TechInsurance seemed to be focused on the technology fields, software people, information technology, engineers and the like. It was a big help that they were familiar with the issues in my business.

The whole process was very easy. The woman I worked with asked lots of questions to really understand the nature of my business so she can accurately quote the coverage I needed. She was able to explain the various coverage components, how they were relevant to me and in what ways can they protect me. It was good and helpful because being a novice at all this. I had a lot of questions and a lot of uncertainty about what all the various insurance components were for. It made it very easy to be able to understand what I was buying and understand the pricing of the different components of the coverage as well as what my options were and why I might choose option A over option B in each of the categories.

I have gotten peace of mind in knowing that I have the right coverage and that I can afford it. I'm not worried that it's going to be so expensive that I cannot afford to keep it. Moreover, without it, I wouldn't have been able to sign up that business. I've recommended TechInsurance to two or three people who were in a similar situation.

Original review: March 3, 2018

A friend of mine recommended TechInsurance to me. At the time, I was working and I needed insurance so I inquired with them. Another thing that drew me was the fact that I could buy my worker's comp and general liability together. Their representatives were very informative. They were very good at explaining the different packages and what came with a package. I was very satisfied with the information. Since working with TechInsurance, I have been able to make sure that all my paperwork is in order. Everything got through in a matter of a day or so. I had to inquire with TechInsurance over the holidays and I was in a time crunch to get everything together. So, it was really nice that I could get everything going within a day of calling them. They're a great service and I'd definitely recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I was referred to TechInsurance via a company that I was transacting with for a state contract that required additional coverage. Without a coverage, I wouldn't have been able to pick up the contract. Plus, the coverage that TechInsurance offered was certainly reasonably priced. The primary reason for my needing the specific coverage was for contractual requirements and TechInsurance reviewed that and made sure that what I was getting would accommodate what I was looking for. As a small business owner, my time is of the essence. The TechInsurance reps were helpful, answered my questions, and got things processed quickly. The service was very efficient and painless, and I was able to get the coverage that I needed in less than 24 hours.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I am an independent consultant for an established company and LLC which requires their consultants to have a liability insurance. They told me that their other consultants use TechInsurance, so I went online and checked it out. TechInsurance has a very good product at a very good price point. Their reps have been very professional, responsive, and courteous. They explained the options that I had and the option that I settled on was one that at least meets the minimum required by my company. I would recommend TechInsurance to any other business, especially a small business or independent businesses, LLCs, and subcontractors as a means of fulfilling and meeting liability requirements.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I needed a workers' comp insurance for my company and my recruiter recommended I use TechInsurance. She was working with them and told me that they offer good service. When I inquired, they responded quickly and I liked that. Their reps have been great with me and the guidance I've received has been great as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They respond fast and they care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was shopping for insurance for a small business and I have known about TechInsurance for a long time. I know that they're huge brokers. I needed insurance and they provided me with one. The person I talked to was fairly knowledgeable. It was beneficial that I did not spend my time explaining what I need. She understood it and she got me what I needed. They were very efficient and I was not sent from one person to another.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have a single small business and since it's new, I have to get insurance. I had positive interactions with the lady rep that I talked to. She helped me out thoroughly as what I needed and in getting the task done. She was professional. I received good guidance from TechInsurance and the insurance I got through them served the purpose at that time. I would recommend them to others since it’s a good way to find insurance for a small business.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

They hooked me up with the insurer for the insurance that I needed. It was useful and easy to compare different insurance companies through TechInsurance, so I continue using it. In fact, if a friend asks, I'd tell them to check them out.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My friend had an insurance policy with TechInsurance before and he recommended them. I did some research before I reached out to them so I knew some information I needed looking at their website. I submitted a quotation request and then somebody called me immediately. It's been hard for me to make a decision, but the guidance I have received from them was straightforward. I had some questions and their reps helped me make the decision on which option will best serve me. I paid the whole year in one payment so I didn’t have to pay every month and overall, my experience with TechInsurance was really good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I had a requirement for a contract that I needed to fulfill. I started filling out the quote and it looked easy. Also, the pricing is competitive. Then TechInsurance gave me a call. Their rep was super helpful and walked me through every step of the way. I didn’t know much about what I was doing but she was very patient and guided me through it really well. It was fantastic. With the people I spoke with, I have full confidence that everything will be taken care of. All in all, they very easily filled the requirements for my contract.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

TechInsurance was the quickest one to get back to me when I need to start the project. I’m working with Oxford and it was a requirement for the project. I worked with the rep through email, back and forth. We filled out the sheet and then I accepted the quote.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The company that I was doing work for recommended TechInsurance and I went on their website. It looked fine and then I filled up information. It was all very easy. I also spoke with someone who was very knowledgeable, clearly knew the products and the difference between the various companies. We narrowed down what the options were and the whole thing took whole 48 hours.

There was a situation where I could either go with one person for both worker’s comp and general insurance or split up between two. It would have been $10 cheaper and the rep explained the difference as far as keeping it together. She was very good and seemed to know exactly what the limits were and what was required based on what had been given to me. Working with TechInsurance was a pleasure and I had no problems, which is what one would want from that type of service. Having them do the work and figure out what was available in my area and the prices was much better than me having to do it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I needed insurance so I tried to search for people who deliver it and TechInsurance’s customer rep had the knowledge of explaining to me how it works in the language that I understood. So, it was much easier for me to communicate with them to get it done. Most of the other insurance are not providing any subsequent information on how to get the Fidelity bond. They said my state didn't have it but TechInsurance was able to get me an insurance quote. They knew what they were trying to accomplish. The guidance I received from the rep was excellent, or even beyond that.

TechInsurance is one place where I can figure out all my insurance certificates. I had my insurance certificates by one click. I get one for each company much easier on their website. Otherwise, I probably would have to call other insurance websites, find out, give information, and get that extraction out. However, I've been trying to reach out to the rep but I have little to no success in making her give me a callback. I have a couple of questions for her but it never got answered.

TechInsurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

TechInsurance matches customers with insurance agents and providers so they can get business insurance. The company specializes in helping IT freelancers, independent contractors and other small businesses find the insurance coverage they need to be in compliance with state laws and business contracts.

• Technology insurance: IT businesses and freelancers have special insurance needs. TechInsurance can help you find errors and omissions insurance; certificates of liability insurance; commercial general liability insurance; professional liability insurance; data breach insurance; commercial dishonesty bonds; and workers’ compensation insurance.

• Dedicated account manager: Once you sign up with TechInsurance, you’ll get a dedicated account manager. That means you’ll talk to the same person every time you have a question or want to make a change to your insurance coverage.

• Online quote: You can submit all of your information online to get a quote quickly. You’ll need to provide your contact information so a TechInsurance manager can call with questions and to follow up.

• Quick processing: TechInsurance works to get you covered quickly. In some cases, your policy can go into effect 24 hours after you put in your application.

• Free resources: TechInsurance has free resources for business owners on its website. You can download a guide getting capital, a sample non-disclosure agreement and more.

• Best for: IT businesses, service providers and small business owners.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky