formerly Am Venture

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Suracy Insurance Agency, formerly known as Am Venture, provides business insurance solutions nationwide to support small to large businesses, franchises, religious institutions, nonprofits and other organizations. The company offers a full suite of coverages and access to top-tier carriers, and it states its highest priority is providing outstanding customer service.

Are you a sole proprietor?

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Are you a sole proprietor?

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Suracy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suracy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suracy?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I do smart home installation where I do security cameras, doorbells, door locks, garage door openers, and all this stuff that's connected to Wi-Fi and you can control it through your iPhone or Android or whatever you've got. I've picked up a job doing this leaf filter installation. But that LeafFilter is an outside type of job and I can't do that right now because it's freezing cold in my area. I needed insurance to be able to protect myself whether I'm on a ladder and I fall off so that I have workman's comp. If I damaged something, I broke a window by mistake, I had general liability. I ended up going with Suracy because Dan at LeafFilter told me that they already provide this through LeafFilter. They have all the information and they know how to get LeafFilter taken care of. Also, this would be the easiest and fastest way to go with it. When I contacted Suracy, it took a little while to get my quote going. Dan was pressing me really hard to get moving.

I called a couple of competitors and fished around, and found out the workman's comp didn't cover me. It covered other people if they work for me, which wasn't going to work. Then the limited liability from a couple of other companies didn't protect me the same way that this would against accidental damage because from when I got the insurance through Liberty Mutual, it was a million-dollar protection. It ended up becoming contacting two separate providers. It was a lot less convenient. When Jay got back to me with everything, it was just, hey, and walk away. So it was much more convenient that way for me. Things worked out really well. He was really professional and answered every question I had. I'm very satisfied with what happened.

Hi Khymera,

Thanks very much for your feedback! We appreciate your business and are glad we were able to offer a convenient insurance solution selection and buying process for you. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service to all of our customers around-the-clock. As always, please let us know of anything else you need!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

When I went to LeafFilter which is the place I subcontract through for my work, they recommended insurance providers and Suracy was one of them. The policy is the best price for what I wanted to do and I was able to get it done quickly. It was pretty easy. I have my liability insurance with them. I have an insurance agent that I was dealing with directly and he took care of everything.

The only thing was I don’t have a regular bank account. I had a prepaid card and I couldn’t set up my thing with my card. The other option was to pay the whole policy up front. I understand why Suracy didn't accept prepaid, especially doing it over a yearly plan. How would they know that the money would be in there every month? In the end, my uncle helped me and I was able to work things out. That was the only issue I had but that was my fault.

Suracy response

Hi Jason. Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you were able to secure appropriate coverage at a competitive price, as that is our goal at Suracy. We appreciate your business and if you have any questions in the future regarding billing or anything else, we are here to help. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Nobody wanted to insure us until we gave Suracy a call and they figured things out. But I hated that they were a bit expensive. My worker's comp was easy-aspie.com and it was half of the price that Suracy quoted me. But I still went with Suracy. They are the best company that I've ever dealt with customer service-wise and experience-wise. I loved their customer service. Every time I call, Greg would be there. Wes was awesome too. They gave me so many different options from Liberty Mutual to Pie to another one.

We got the general liability from Suracy because we didn't wanna waste time. But for the worker's comp, we ended up doing our own shopping with independent companies that were referred to us to sign up with. It was cheaper applying to them than it was with Suracy. That aside, everything was perfect from Suracy's customer service to the insurance offers to the guy emailing me right away to the job.

Suracy response

Hi Nadeem, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you as a customer and are happy to help protect your business. We truly prioritize providing our customers with options for their coverage solutions so they can select what best meets their needs. Oustanding customer service is also something we pride ourselves on. Looking forward to continuing to serve you in the future!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I became an independent installation contractor and they told me I had to have a business insurance. I called Suracy and they gave me an agent. They had a deal set up with the company I was installing for. Everything seems good except the billing was a little flawed. I paid the initial down payment and they sent me a bill for the same down payment. Then, they sent me a cancellation letter, telling me that I didn’t pay the initial payment. In that same letter, there was a cancellation cover letter with a statement showing that I had a -$0.40 balance.

Suracy response

Thank you very much for your feedback, Mark. We appreciate your business and apologize for the issues you experienced regarding your invoice. We would like to offer our immediate assistance and a Suracy representative will be contacting you soon. Our goal is for every customer to have an outstanding experience throughout every phase of the insurance process.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

The representative, Wes, is amazing. He returned my calls when I had questions about things. He was always there prompt. If he wasn't able to answer my call, he called me right back. That was the best customer service experience that I've ever received. He helped me understand everything. I only purchased a limited liability and he walked me through everything and explained to me the different types of insurance coverages, what I would need, and what the different coverages meant. I've never been in the insurance industry but now I feel like I know a little bit more when it comes to it.

Suracy response

Thanks for the feedback, Latoya! It is awesome to hear that you had such a good experience with Wes and that he was able to help you throughout the insurance purchasing process. We are always here to answer any questions you may have and are excited to continue working with you. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

A business insurance was required in the state that I resided in but the other quotes were way too large for the public and what they had in other places. So, I decided to go with an independent agent and Suracy guided me in choosing one. We do contracting for one of the main businesses that they hold and they were recommended from our contractor.

Suracy response

Thank you for your feedback! Our main goal is to provide outstanding coverage solutions at competitive pricing. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I have a contract through ** and they sent me through somebody that put me on with Suracy. The website was easy to navigate, the process was simple and the options were decent.

Suracy response

Hi Shane! Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found the process quick and simple and we appreciate your business. Should you need anything in the future, our dedicated customer service team is available to answer any questions.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Suracy was recommended. My agent, James, was great talking to me and great walking me through it. He did great all the way around including calling me back and setting up time that was feasible for both of us. He got a great deal for me.

Suracy response

We appreciate the feedback, Kevin! Thank you for the opportunity to help protect your business. We pride ourselves on providing great service and accessibility and look forward to working with you well into the future.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Suracy gave me a good price so I took it. Everything was done right.

Suracy response

Hi Nelson! Offering outstanding coverage solutions at competitive pricing is one of our goals. Thank you for your feedback and your business!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

LeafFilter recommended Suracy to me. I told them I wanted the insurance, then they did all the work. You need to get one if you have a business.

Suracy response

Thanks for your feedback, Donald! We appreciate your business and are always available to answer any questions you may have in the future.

Suracy author review by Matthew Brodsky

Suracy provides a full suite of insurance coverages for small and large businesses. The company is a broker, meaning it sells insurance policies through national carriers. Suracy is an affiliate of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.

• Business insurance products: Suracy’s full suite of insurance products include general and professional liability, cyber liability, employment liability, disability, workers compensation, commercial auto, commercial property, business owner’s policies, medical malpractice and paid family leave insurance.

• Business insurance programs: Suracy works with a range of organizations, including small and large businesses, religious organizations, nonprofits and unions. Specialized programs for franchisors with multi-location operators and franchisees with a single-location are available.

• Claims filing: You can file a claim 24/7 online. Filing a claim quickly helps your business get reimbursed faster.

• Quote: You can fill out a form on Suracy’s website to get a free quote for insurance. You can also call to speak with a customer representative and get a quote over the phone.

• White papers: The company has published several white papers to help educate small business owners. The company’s white papers include “7 Small Business Catastrophes and What You Can Do to Prevent Them,” “7 Things Millennial Entrepreneurs Need to Know When Starting a Business” and “10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail.”

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor