Accredited Partner

formerly Am Venture

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.70/5

Suracy Insurance Agency, formerly known as Am Venture, provides business insurance solutions nationwide to support small to large businesses, franchises, religious institutions, nonprofits and other organizations. The company offers a full suite of coverages and access to top-tier carriers, and it states its highest priority is providing outstanding customer service.

Suracy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suracy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suracy?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I asked about workers’ compensation insurance from AmVenture because of their ratings, and the broker, Eric, was excellent. He was diligent in calling back as well as checking in at all times to make sure that my questions were answered in a timely manner, and my needs were met. I’m happy and I would definitely recommend people to look into AmVenture as that’d be worth their time.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was looking for business insurance and AmVenture was the first company that responded back without having me dunk through loopholes. The person I spoke to at first did an excellent job. I used AmVenture to get to Hitchcock but when I contacted Hitchcock about the policy, I found out that AmVenture was not the main policyholder. Also, I had an issue with my policy and I called AmVenture back to let them know about it but I never got a callback. I was then told to cancel my policy because the dates were wrong. I did that and I had to redo the process. But I was satisfied that they cancelled my policy. There was just extra work that I had to go through.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I switched offices and I wanted to find something a bit more affordable because the previous insurance company was ADP and they were really expensive. My brother uses AmVenture for his business and he recommended them for me. The rep, Eric, wasn’t trying to tell me anything else. He just answered all my questions and got me signed up. He was straightforward and took care of everything right away. I was laying it on my end because I was in the middle of switching offices and he was really good about keeping in contact with me, so I didn’t forget. I pay AmVenture less than half the price of what ADP was charging me. It has only been three weeks and so far, my experience has been excellent. I’d highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm a service plumber. I was looking around online for a workman's compensation insurance and I found somebody online who was able to find a plan for me. I got it set up through a third party, too. If my colleagues need somebody who can provide the service, I'd tell them that I'm covered with AmVenture.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I'm in the state of New York and my wife was getting the pay but she's not working at all. To pay for her social security, we send checks. I looked at a New York worker’s comp website and found info about employees not enrolled at the location and just working behind. I learned a different code and the rate is lower than a regular employee because they enroll at a higher risk. But the current company I had was not willing to work with me even though I gave them all the information on the websites. I looked at two companies and AmVenture is the cheapest and I'm happy with that. Their rep, Connie, understood me and she was very knowledgeable. When I called, she answered the phone. If she promised me that she would call me back, she called me back in a timely manner. I'm pretty satisfied. Do business with AmVenture. They're a good company.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We needed to hire an employee and I liked the cost of AmVenture for workers’ compensation insurance. Their staff was quick, straightforward, and efficient. They didn’t waste time, which was good, and they were pleasant. Everything has been solid so far and I'd recommend them.

Original review: July 23, 2018

AmVenture has a great process. I got a million dollar liability on our business, $100,000 replacement cost, and $35,000 punched in. Their staff are courteous and polite and the quality of service is good. However, they're a little slow in getting my documents. I did get a proof of insurance from them to get to the guy that we leased from. But, I need my documents. I need my packet. And I need to know if our premium's increased from what our changes are. I have already reached out to them and still no reply. Nothing.

Original review: July 20, 2018

When my husband started a business, AmVenture placed my GL property and umbrella insurance. Their agent was very helpful and returned phone calls timely as she suggested, and was able to provide me with the coverage that I needed. Unfortunately, she couldn’t help me with workers’ comp because they are in Ohio and I am in Texas so I didn’t get my work comp through them. AmVenture's service was very good and if I were in need of any other coverages, they would be one of the first I would call. I also will refer a friend of mine that is in need of service to them.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have a cleaning business and I needed to be covered. I called USAA and they got me to see AmVenture, which had reps who were very helpful. They called me back a couple of times to make sure that a workers’ compensation insurance plan was what I wanted to do and I had a good quote. The quality of service was also suitable for the cost.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had an employee who was in a car accident and I was not aware that my auto insurance wouldn’t cover him. Somebody had hit him and it wasn’t his fault. But he was injured real lightly and he exaggerated his injuries. So he filed a workers’ compensation claim but we don’t have that here in Missouri. If you have five or fewer employees, by law, you don’t have to have it. The other insurance company was gonna pay for his injuries and it was fine but I was tired of worrying about it. I didn’t wanna stress out about what would happen if somebody gets hurt.

I inquired about workers’ compensation insurance and when I dealt with the AmVenture, it was seamless and straightforward. They sent me some forms to sign and fax back to them. I wasn’t knowledgeable about this and they walked me through it and guided me. Then I gave them a credit card and it’s on autopay every month. I hope I never have to use the insurance, but it’s there in case I do. Nonetheless, it was a very good experience and I might get our business and our auto insurance through them also if we can get a better rate. Right now, I have those through Allstate but they’re expensive.

Suracy author review by Matthew Brodsky

Suracy provides a full suite of insurance coverages for small and large businesses. The company is a broker, meaning it sells insurance policies through national carriers. Suracy is an affiliate of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.

• Business insurance products: Suracy’s full suite of insurance products include general and professional liability, cyber liability, employment liability, disability, workers compensation, commercial auto, commercial property, business owner’s policies, medical malpractice and paid family leave insurance.

• Business insurance programs: Suracy works with a range of organizations, including small and large businesses, religious organizations, nonprofits and unions. Specialized programs for franchisors with multi-location operators and franchisees with a single-location are available.

• Claims filing: You can file a claim 24/7 online. Filing a claim quickly helps your business get reimbursed faster.

• Quote: You can fill out a form on Suracy’s website to get a free quote for insurance. You can also call to speak with a customer representative and get a quote over the phone.

• White papers: The company has published several white papers to help educate small business owners. The company’s white papers include “7 Small Business Catastrophes and What You Can Do to Prevent Them,” “7 Things Millennial Entrepreneurs Need to Know When Starting a Business” and “10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail.”

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor