Get a Quote

4.7/5 (79 ratings)

About Simply Business

Simply Business is an online comparison tool that provides tailored coverage and rate options for small businesses. The company, which originally opened in the U.K., expanded to the U.S. in 2017. It lets small business owners access their coverage options from various leading insurance providers online.

Top Simply Business Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to ...

Verified

I own my own business and I needed a new warranty. Someone recommended Simply Business… they did everything for me and I didn’t have to do anything. Then they sent me the stuff an...

What is Simply Business?

Simply Business is an online insurance comparison tool that offers straightforward protective solutions for small businesses. Its website offers options for a wide variety of industries, including landscaping, carpentry, cosmetology, real estate, plumbing and more. Among its insurance partners are Travelers Insurance, Clear Blue and American Builders Insurance.

How does Simply Business work?

Simply Business works much like a broker to relieve some of the stress associated with finding business insurance. If you’re a small business owner, you can fill out a simple questionnaire to explain your insurance needs and how your business works, then Simply Business compares policies and plans from leading providers to help you find the best coverage fit.

Whether you need liability insurance or want to protect your equipment from theft or damage, Simply Business’ online tools help you find transparent, thorough quotes and a vast array of policy options.

Simply Business rates

Simply Business doesn’t offer insurance; instead, it connects businesses to adequate coverage solutions from top providers. It charges no fees for its services, but it also doesn’t offer providers’ rates on its site. However, several customer reviews say its model helped them find affordable coverage. Do note that you might have to pay a cancellation fee if you end service before your contract is up.

Simply Business FAQ

Does Simply Business offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Simply Business offers general liability, professional liability, home-based business and errors and omissions insurance.
Where is Simply Business available?
Simply Business’ services are available only to businesses in the U.S. and might not be available in all states.
Who owns Simply Business?
Simply Business is owned by Travelers Insurance, who bought the company in 2017.
Where is Simply Business located?
Simply Business is located at 1 Beacon St., Floor 15, Boston, Massachusetts. It also has a location in London.

Is Simply Business legit?

Simply Business is a good solution for business owners who want to compare a wide variety of insurance options at once. It has no local agents, so it’s not a full-service solution — but it does provide an easy way to find affordable coverage online. Its quote process is lengthy, but because it’s thorough it can help businesses find policies tailored to their needs, making it especially ideal for niche businesses.

Simply Business Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

Original review: July 20, 2021

My partner and I looked at a few different companies. He was working on a job, and I was on another one. We came together at a Walgreens, navigated Simply Business' website, and I asked, “You like this?” He said he liked it and I liked it as well. We called them up in the truck and talked to a lady who was very nice. It was that easy. We got everything done in 35 minutes, and everybody I've dealt with, so far, has been good folks.

We got a million dollars in just liability for an injury (not of one of our employees). Let's say we drop a board on somebody while we're working. A customer, for instance. It gives us liability insurance. If something happens and we tear up or destroy something while we're working, we also have vehicle coverage. People would be ignorant not to have business insurance. You're talking about somebody suing. Chances are I may never use the insurance, but it's better to have it. Plus you got to have it to get jobs here, especially in any kind of plant.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

The reps were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, insightful and quick to respond. I had an addendum I had to make and it was done within five minutes. So, that’d been fantastic. We’re a super small business and we operate on a global scale because we import our manufacturing and stuff from other countries. A lot of our talents is overseas and we don't have that many employees in our domestic talent. We have our vending location which has five employees there and the rest of us operate remotely. So, it was a perfect opportunity to be able to establish the workers' comp and the insurance coverage to cover the city as well as ourselves for the many experiences that we do like the street fairs and carnivals. Simply Business explained exactly the process of going through, setting that up and making sure that we were covered in all aspects to take the liability off of the city as well as to cover us if there was anything that was out there to cover our customers if anybody got hurt.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I have a business that is in need of coverage for anything and I hire employees as well. So, it's not me just directly involved, we're dealing with the client's personal items. I checked out a few different companies and their premiums were high. They weren't really responsive in telling me why they needed these things. Simply Business was manageable with my paying range and gave me a quote that was reasonable. They were pretty spot on. I typed in what type of industry I was in, and they let me know what type of coverage I pretty much would need. I don't have a deductible. We sent in a request as we had an incident with the scratching of a stove. They told us to send the info. We sent the serial number and all of that and we haven't heard anything back. Please have them call me as soon as possible, so I can get this client taken care of. She's not gonna stop till I get this thing done.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I went through Progressive and they said they would find me somebody with a lower price and match me up with them. So I went for a quote request and I spoke to a few agents. A rep put me on Simply Business and told me they had a good price for what I was looking for. I needed a general liability insurance for contractors up to a million dollars and two million and a few other things. Simply Business offered exactly what I needed for a better price than a few other places that was local. So I went with them and they made it an easy way to get in. They’ve provided me with plenty options. They gave me a higher-end option, a medium option, and the lower cost, which was the one I went with because I'm not really gonna be using insurance. It’s just mandatory.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I was in business and I sold my business, and then I decided to do a little part-time work. I wanted to get covered, but it was like trying to pull teeth to find somebody that would give me insurance at a fair price. I even tried to go to the people I had been doing my auto and home insurance for the last 13 years and they wouldn't give it to me. Simply Business called me and I told them what I wanted. The person I talked to on the phone was very helpful and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They came up with a great plan and it was more than what I was actually looking for, at a cheaper price. We got my insurance for my business set up painlessly and easily. I got the payment set up on an auto-draft. So I don't have to worry about making the monthly payment. So far, it's been pretty good.

The Simply Business website was fairly simple. I'm not very computer proficient so if I can navigate through it, anybody can. I just answered all the questions they asked me. It's basically a point and click type process and it gives you all the options, and you hit the drop-down box, pick the one that fits you, and then move on to the next.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Based on my business needs and what I needed, Simply Safe seemed to cover that with a competitive price. I had a fast and easy experience with them. So, I liked it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Simply Business is cost-effective and they're pretty straightforward. They're also sending me some information on how to get invoices and payments correctly. So, that's valuable.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

So far, this is my second year with Simply Business and I haven't had any problem. They keep me on the ball. There are a lot of things going on that I personally cannot take care of. So, I need that help and support of their insurance. Even when I don't run into trouble, they can guide me before I get into trouble.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

The website was very user-friendly and everything went fine with the plan that I got through Simply Business.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Working with them was fairly simple and I got things taken care of within a half hour. I like the fact that it's not just one captive insurance company, where I had a couple of choices.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

They were the first ones that were able to get a policy for us and our experience was great. They called me and we got it done right away. I appreciate how quick they responded. There wasn't pressure to sell me on a product. They gave me four different options to choose from. They knew what I wanted and they took care of what I needed. They gave me exactly that. Also, the website is simple.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I just started a new company doing tree removal. They're one of the agents that would cover that and so far, things have been great. I'm pretty computer illiterate and I made it through their website with ease. Everything seemed to be there in black and white. My experience with them is in great standing and I'm sure the future is going to be fine because we're extra cautious.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Simply Business got me to the people who would take my business. The website asked me a bunch of questions about my business and what kind of insurance I wanted, and then I said so. They said that they would have an agent contact me. It was overall a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The plan that I got through Simply Business was okay. I needed it and purchased it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Simply Business had an extensive list and navigating the site was straightforward. I got the insurance I needed and it was a good experience.

Original review: July 8, 2021

When I looked at Simply Business' payments and plans, I got the same benefits for less pay. I need to get the insurance back again but right now, it's just not feasible. As soon as we get these complications straight, I'm going to be re-putting my insurance back on.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Everything went fine with Simply Business and I liked their price. Navigating their site was fairly easy. I was satisfied with the experience.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Simply Business gave me a great quote and it was easy to sign up. For the same coverage, it was a little bit more affordable. They were able to meet our needs.

Original review: June 24, 2021

We're expanding our business and we are offering space for other vendors to come in so we needed micro-insurance. Simply Business walked my husband through what was being covered. They have met our expectations so far.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Simply Business used to be my business insurance broker because they didn't have an endorsement I needed. So I cancelled it and they kept all of my money. I had to pay another $1,000 for another policy, and then they said that they weren't going to give me my $1,000 back. When I first signed up, they told me I had to put a third down. The rep then told me that they would take 15% out and give me the refund. She also said that 15% was around 900 so I told her to go to hell. If the total policy was 2,100 then I don't understand why a third is 900. This is a scam. I've still got to address my bank about it because they're not just gonna take $900 from me. That's crazy.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Just wanted to say thanks. I have reached out for assistance twice. Once to see about adding coverage; and once to change address. Both times, the customer service was awesome. We wish all our vendors were this way. Thanks and keep up good work!

Original review: June 20, 2021

I searched on the internet, looked at a number of different sources, and after talking with a couple of different insurance carriers, I decided to move forward with Simply Business because of price, convenience, and coverage. Their website was easy enough to use for me to get to where I wanted to go and I got a lot of their information. Signing up with them was quick and I had a knowledgeable salesperson.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I connected with Simply Business helped me out pretty quickly and it was successful. They provided options and more than I didn't need. The option to come back was cool too if I needed any more.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Simply Business is a great service and good to start out with. I had a very good experience with their customer service.

Original review: June 17, 2021

The insurance that I got covers when I do mowing, tree work and landscaping work. It’s a million dollars. I did it all online and it was very easy.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I had to get a certificate of insurance made a couple of times and everybody at Simply Business were very sweet and prompt. Navigating through the website was great. It was very easy to use.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Cynthia ** was the agent I spoke with today, I was blown away by not only her knowledge and deep understanding of the services you provide but also how pleasant and friendly she was. She quickly resolved my concern and also brought a problem to my attention that I had no idea existed. This experience has made me a customer for life and made my day better. I can't say enough good things about my experience. THANK YOU CYNTHIA

Original review: April 15, 2021

The rep I worked with was very knowledgeable. He got me all the information I needed and hooked me up right away. He got everything set up, took payment, and I had insurance within the next day. The process was really smooth, so everything went by really quick.

Original review: April 13, 2021

It was my first time purchasing business insurance. They were able to help me out with what I needed to get. It worked out well.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The website was very friendly and Simply Business provided us a lot of options. It's a good tool to use to find good business insurance. It was an overall easy experience.

Simply Business Company Information