Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

Simply Business is an online comparison tool that provides tailored coverage and rate options for small businesses. The company, which originally opened in the U.K., expanded to the U.S. in 2017. It lets small business owners access their coverage options from various leading insurance providers online.

BOTTOM LINE

Simply Business is an easy-to-use online comparison tool that offers business coverage policies from leading providers. While its online quote process is lengthy, it provides fairly accurate prices and solutions.

PROS
  • User-friendly
  • Leading providers
  • Simple comparisons
CONS
  • No local agents
  • Lengthy online process

Top Simply Business Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

… The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to look with other companies… Simply Business is mindful…

I own my own business and I needed a new warranty. Someone recommended Simply Business… they did everything for me and I didn’t have to do anything. Then they sent me the stuff and I signed it… Everything else that they did was also great…

Simply Business Get a Quote

What is Simply Business?

Simply Business is an online insurance comparison tool that offers straightforward protective solutions for small businesses. Its website offers options for a wide variety of industries, including landscaping, carpentry, cosmetology, real estate, plumbing and more. Among its insurance partners are Travelers Insurance, Clear Blue and American Builders Insurance.

How does Simply Business work?

Simply Business works much like a broker to relieve some of the stress associated with finding business insurance. If you’re a small business owner, you can fill out a simple questionnaire to explain your insurance needs and how your business works, then Simply Business compares policies and plans from leading providers to help you find the best coverage fit.

Whether you need liability insurance or want to protect your equipment from theft or damage, Simply Business’ online tools help you find transparent, thorough quotes and a vast array of policy options.

Simply Business rates

Simply Business doesn’t offer insurance; instead, it connects businesses to adequate coverage solutions from top providers. It charges no fees for its services, but it also doesn’t offer providers’ rates on its site. However, several customer reviews say its model helped them find affordable coverage. Do note that you might have to pay a cancellation fee if you end service before your contract is up.

Simply Business FAQ

Does Simply Business offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Simply Business offers general liability, professional liability, home-based business and errors and omissions insurance.
Where is Simply Business available?
Simply Business’ services are available only to businesses in the U.S. and might not be available in all states.
Who owns Simply Business?
Simply Business is owned by Travelers Insurance, who bought the company in 2017.
Where is Simply Business located?
Simply Business is located at 1 Beacon St., Floor 15, Boston, Massachusetts. It also has a location in London.

Is Simply Business legit?

Simply Business is a good solution for business owners who want to compare a wide variety of insurance options at once. It has no local agents, so it’s not a full-service solution — but it does provide an easy way to find affordable coverage online. Its quote process is lengthy, but because it’s thorough it can help businesses find policies tailored to their needs, making it especially ideal for niche businesses.

Simply Business Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I went through Progressive and they said they would find me somebody with a lower price and match me up with them. So I went for a quote request and I spoke to a few agents. A rep put me on Simply Business and told me they had a good price for what I was looking for. I needed a general liability insurance for contractors up to a million dollars and two million and a few other things. Simply Business offered exactly what I needed for a better price than a few other places that was local. So I went with them and they made it an easy way to get in. They’ve provided me with plenty options. They gave me a higher-end option, a medium option, and the lower cost, which was the one I went with because I'm not really gonna be using insurance. It’s just mandatory.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I was in business and I sold my business, and then I decided to do a little part-time work. I wanted to get covered, but it was like trying to pull teeth to find somebody that would give me insurance at a fair price. I even tried to go to the people I had been doing my auto and home insurance for the last 13 years and they wouldn't give it to me. Simply Business called me and I told them what I wanted. The person I talked to on the phone was very helpful and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They came up with a great plan and it was more than what I was actually looking for, at a cheaper price. We got my insurance for my business set up painlessly and easily. I got the payment set up on an auto-draft. So I don't have to worry about making the monthly payment. So far, it's been pretty good.

The Simply Business website was fairly simple. I'm not very computer proficient so if I can navigate through it, anybody can. I just answered all the questions they asked me. It's basically a point and click type process and it gives you all the options, and you hit the drop-down box, pick the one that fits you, and then move on to the next.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I’m a stay-at-home mom, so I can just do things on my phone. Straight from home is a lot easier than going in and my business is starting slowly ‘cause it's a hobby business of mine. I was like, “I should just get some insurance and just have it.” It was awesome ‘cause I just went in and did it within minutes with Simply Business.

Navigating through Simply Business was really easy. They didn’t ask a million random questions, and it was a quick quote that I went through, and I got a fast result back. Then, I ended up quote shopping a little bit so I didn't tap into it right away when they did the quote. But I couldn't find it. I had to call them again to get the quote back up in the email and they were super helpful. Then, the rep explained the payment options, and I was on my way within minutes. It was really hassle-free.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I started a photography business and the hotel that the event was going to be at required that I have insurance to be able to shoot there. The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to look with other companies. But I went with the options that they suggested and I like the flexible payment plans. At one point, I lost my debit card so I had to change it and I missed a payment. Instead of them holding it against me, they just sent me a friendly reminder that said I missed a payment. I just called and fixed it. They’re understanding when it comes to their clients. That's really important especially nowadays when people are more concerned when it comes to getting the money. Simply Business is mindful that there are people who are working through their own things.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I have a small contracting business. I needed to be covered. Instead of doing research, it seemed like a good idea to have other people do the research. An independent agent seemed like they had a lot of options. The Simply Business rep kept with three of the best ‘cause she wanted to make sure. I wanted the business insurance to cover acts of terrorism in case I was working in the restaurant and someone came in and busting stuff up. So, she went and found the right stuff to cover what I needed and presented the prices. She gave me an option to either buy it with her or buy it through their online type deal. It was also a really good price. I went with Hiscox Insurance and I was actually pretty happy with what I got. The experience was fast, professional, and well worth my time.

Original review: April 13, 2021

It was my first time purchasing business insurance. They were able to help me out with what I needed to get. It worked out well.

Original review: April 2, 2021

So far, so good. Simply Business does what I need them to do. They gave me a policy coverage for the year and bill me every month. It’s a good price and a good coverage.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Simply Business had the cheapest price and everything was fine with the rep. Being able to work with them was time-saving.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Simply Business told me who would be the best for an agent and I went with that. I had to change the type of insurance that I needed and I also needed to put in the name of the company that needed to be covered. I went back to them and they were very prompt and helpful. It was a good experience all around.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I wasn’t happy with the rates I was getting at the other place and someone told me to try Simply Business. The reps were knowledgeable and easy to speak to.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Simply Business has a very nice agent and good customer service. They have a great price too.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Simply Business guided me through ratings and referrals. I was very happy that they provided me enough options. I enjoyed everything that happened.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I can't say enough about the customer service I received this month from the team at Simply Business, specifically from Lauren ** and Gregory **. I needed additional coverage for my policy and Lauren was extremely quick and thorough in her follow-up, providing guidance which went above my query and gave me additional ideas to consider. When it turned out that I would unfortunately have to end up cancelling my policy - due to the unique nature of the additional coverage I was seeking Gregory responded quickly and made the process incredibly easy. In both cases, the responses were expedient, courteous and very helpful. Thank you!

Original review: March 12, 2021

Simply Business was great. The process was pretty straightforward. They helped me look through the different prices and pick the best one. I enjoyed it. It got the job done for what I needed, so it was good.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I got Simply Business' quote. I searched it to see how the company they're referring is and I liked it. I went with the company they suggested.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Simply business is very efficient and knowledgeable. I'm very satisfied with the recommendations I got from them. I went with someone they suggested which turned out to be someone that I really needed based on the type of insurance I had to get.

Original review: March 6, 2021

The agents were able to fit my needs and get me a price that I could pay just with me, working by myself. They were super friendly when I'd call. There was a time that I wasn't able to pay and they just worked with me and they were able to get my quote like how it was and set me up with no issues, no kind of penalties or anything like that, so that was cool. Simply Business was super easy to get started and very easy to understand. It was super easy for me to follow and get what I needed for my company.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Simply Business gave good guidance when we were selecting an agent.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I got good guidance from Simply Business and I'm very satisfied with my experience with them. Since working with them, I've gotten more jobs.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I'm starting a small business this year and I needed some insurance. I went with one of Simply Business' recommendations. Simply Business is a good referral for insurance.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Simply Business' website was amazing. I needed something done right away and right away they got me my insurance form and documents. So far, my experience with them has been good.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I liked the rates Simply Business was offering. You should call them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Simply Business had a good price and they provided the exact insurance I needed. They're very helpful and I like my experience with them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Simply Business was the only one that actually popped up and said they were doing the general liability and the professional. I did both of them and what they wrote me, I'd only be paying 84 months. It's not over 100 and I'm good. It's still reasonable especially for having both in the amount that I asked for. The entire process was pretty easy. It's definitely different from getting regular insurance but it wasn't hard at all.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Since the type of work that I do, we require liability insurance in a lot of the jobs. So I decided to start looking up some insurance companies and Simply Business offers some of the best pricing. Somebody called me directly and that was how I did the contract with them. I went with the liability insurance that they offered. Their website was pretty simple to use. They had everything in there to fill out. Everything was just great experience. I'm recommending more friends to Simply Business.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Simply Business provided enough options for what I needed. I'm just a small handyman service, so I just need to protect my customer's property if ever I'm doing work there and also protect myself so I won't be spending a whole lot of money on a problem that may or may not be my fault. It was fairly easy to navigate their website to get in contact with somebody and get enrolled in their program.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

The prices were affordable and the online experience was so easy. After I had done the insurance, somebody would have called to say, "Hey, I see you just started a policy. Is there something we can help with?” But nobody called.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I went with Simply Business providers. I'm very satisfied with the rates and the customer service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I compared Simply Business to some other company and I saw that they were reasonable, so I went with them. Their price was the best one. The number was on the website. I ended up calling someone and Simply Business quickly took care of whatever it is I needed. I told them what I needed and then they sent me a quote. They sent me what I needed, I paid for it, and that was it. It was a 10-minute call.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

A friend of mine found Simply Business for me. I went with their recommendations. The rep was nice and very patient, waiting on me to finally get paid to pay. I had no money back then, so it took a week. Go with Simply Business.

Simply Business Company Information