Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5

Simply Business is an online comparison tool that provides tailored coverage and rate options for small businesses. The company, which originally opened in the U.K., expanded to the U.S. in 2017. It lets small business owners access their coverage options from various leading insurance providers online.

BOTTOM LINE

Simply Business is an easy-to-use online comparison tool that offers business coverage policies from leading providers. While its online quote process is lengthy, it provides fairly accurate prices and solutions.

PROS

• User-friendly
  • Leading providers
  • Simple comparisons

CONS

• No local agents
  • Lengthy online process

Top Simply Business Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

… The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to look with other companies… Simply Business is mindful…

I own my own business and I needed a new warranty. Someone recommended Simply Business… they did everything for me and I didn’t have to do anything. Then they sent me the stuff and I signed it… Everything else that they did was also great…

Simply Business Get a Quote

What is Simply Business?

Simply Business is an online insurance comparison tool that offers straightforward protective solutions for small businesses. Its website offers options for a wide variety of industries, including landscaping, carpentry, cosmetology, real estate, plumbing and more. Among its insurance partners are Travelers Insurance, Clear Blue and American Builders Insurance.

How does Simply Business work?

Simply Business works much like a broker to relieve some of the stress associated with finding business insurance. If you’re a small business owner, you can fill out a simple questionnaire to explain your insurance needs and how your business works, then Simply Business compares policies and plans from leading providers to help you find the best coverage fit.

Whether you need liability insurance or want to protect your equipment from theft or damage, Simply Business’ online tools help you find transparent, thorough quotes and a vast array of policy options.

Simply Business rates

Simply Business doesn’t offer insurance; instead, it connects businesses to adequate coverage solutions from top providers. It charges no fees for its services, but it also doesn’t offer providers’ rates on its site. However, several customer reviews say its model helped them find affordable coverage. Do note that you might have to pay a cancellation fee if you end service before your contract is up.

Simply Business FAQ

Does Simply Business offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Simply Business offers general liability, professional liability, home-based business and errors and omissions insurance.
Where is Simply Business available?
Simply Business’ services are available only to businesses in the U.S. and might not be available in all states.
Who owns Simply Business?
Simply Business is owned by Travelers Insurance, who bought the company in 2017.
Where is Simply Business located?
Simply Business is located at 1 Beacon St., Floor 15, Boston, Massachusetts. It also has a location in London.

Is Simply Business legit?

Simply Business is a good solution for business owners who want to compare a wide variety of insurance options at once. It has no local agents, so it’s not a full-service solution — but it does provide an easy way to find affordable coverage online. Its quote process is lengthy, but because it’s thorough it can help businesses find policies tailored to their needs, making it especially ideal for niche businesses.

Simply Business Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I went through Progressive and they said they would find me somebody with a lower price and match me up with them. So I went for a quote request and I spoke to a few agents. A rep put me on Simply Business and told me they had a good price for what I was looking for. I needed a general liability insurance for contractors up to a million dollars and two million and a few other things. Simply Business offered exactly what I needed for a better price than a few other places that was local. So I went with them and they made it an easy way to get in. They’ve provided me with plenty options. They gave me a higher-end option, a medium option, and the lower cost, which was the one I went with because I'm not really gonna be using insurance. It’s just mandatory.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I was in business and I sold my business, and then I decided to do a little part-time work. I wanted to get covered, but it was like trying to pull teeth to find somebody that would give me insurance at a fair price. I even tried to go to the people I had been doing my auto and home insurance for the last 13 years and they wouldn't give it to me. Simply Business called me and I told them what I wanted. The person I talked to on the phone was very helpful and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They came up with a great plan and it was more than what I was actually looking for, at a cheaper price. We got my insurance for my business set up painlessly and easily. I got the payment set up on an auto-draft. So I don't have to worry about making the monthly payment. So far, it's been pretty good.

The Simply Business website was fairly simple. I'm not very computer proficient so if I can navigate through it, anybody can. I just answered all the questions they asked me. It's basically a point and click type process and it gives you all the options, and you hit the drop-down box, pick the one that fits you, and then move on to the next.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I’m a stay-at-home mom, so I can just do things on my phone. Straight from home is a lot easier than going in and my business is starting slowly ‘cause it's a hobby business of mine. I was like, “I should just get some insurance and just have it.” It was awesome ‘cause I just went in and did it within minutes with Simply Business.

Navigating through Simply Business was really easy. They didn’t ask a million random questions, and it was a quick quote that I went through, and I got a fast result back. Then, I ended up quote shopping a little bit so I didn't tap into it right away when they did the quote. But I couldn't find it. I had to call them again to get the quote back up in the email and they were super helpful. Then, the rep explained the payment options, and I was on my way within minutes. It was really hassle-free.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I started a photography business and the hotel that the event was going to be at required that I have insurance to be able to shoot there. The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to look with other companies. But I went with the options that they suggested and I like the flexible payment plans. At one point, I lost my debit card so I had to change it and I missed a payment. Instead of them holding it against me, they just sent me a friendly reminder that said I missed a payment. I just called and fixed it. They’re understanding when it comes to their clients. That's really important especially nowadays when people are more concerned when it comes to getting the money. Simply Business is mindful that there are people who are working through their own things.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I have a small contracting business. I needed to be covered. Instead of doing research, it seemed like a good idea to have other people do the research. An independent agent seemed like they had a lot of options. The Simply Business rep kept with three of the best ‘cause she wanted to make sure. I wanted the business insurance to cover acts of terrorism in case I was working in the restaurant and someone came in and busting stuff up. So, she went and found the right stuff to cover what I needed and presented the prices. She gave me an option to either buy it with her or buy it through their online type deal. It was also a really good price. I went with Hiscox Insurance and I was actually pretty happy with what I got. The experience was fast, professional, and well worth my time.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Simply Business was awesome. They answered my questions and if I asked certain things, they told me what to do: just give them a call and they would redo things. Working with them was a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I was searching for insurance and I followed directions on the phone. I like to talk to somebody live and the bottom line is the number. That's what I look for. Simply Business got on the phone, did their search and gave me the policy then they sent me the email. It was all automated and it was a simple one, two, three process. The quote was good too. I've been in business a while, and they had the best price. However, the communication is lacking. They do not send updates and I don't know who I'm dealing with. It's like they got the money and disappeared. I'm almost thinking it's a fraud and I might be changing.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I found Simply Business on google and the rep was good.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

It went well with Simply Business. The experience was simple and straightforward.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I had three or four different places open. It was late at night and Simply Business looked the best so I picked it. Signing up was easy. However, I never received my email with my documentation so yesterday I called up and spoke to a gentleman. He said he re-sent it but I never received the first one so he re-sent them and I printed them out today.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I enjoyed Simply Business doing the ground work and didn't let me worry about things. Finding me help is good but leaving me a little bit more reference would be better.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I've been with Simply Business since I opened my business and my bills have always been the same amount. All of a sudden, at the beginning of the year, they said I was renewing my policy and my price went up. Nobody notified me that it was gonna go up. Other than that, they're not a bad company to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I had Simply Business once for Workmen's Compensations. The experience was good.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have a Christmas holiday shop so I was looking for something that provides short-term insurance. I found Simply Business via internet and it's been a good experience with them. I love the customer service. When I talked with the rep, there was quite an informative discussion.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Going with an independent agent eliminated the hassle and it was much simpler. The process took a few seconds.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Simply Business is nice in that it is exactly as advertised. They wont bother to upsell you, but also wont help in advising you on what insurance you need. You really need to consult another resource, and just use them to find exactly what you need. The only real lack of service that some of the other competitors have is the ability to sign in and check your accounts. Pretty much everything has to be done over the phone. More of a annoyance than anything.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I had a great experience getting insurance for my small business. They answered all my questions and made sure there were no problems with the products I sell. The rates were very affordable and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I went online and searched business insurance. Simply Business came the first. Everything was online. I was looking for liability and property insurance, and both were offered by the application. I read and proceeded with the application. It was very convenient. Everything was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

The rep that I dealt with was very helpful and incisive, and straight to the point. He explained the agreement and the payments. It was too easy. He was done in 15 minutes. I'm very, very happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

This my first time getting my business insured. So I was looking for quality and they were able to fulfill what I was looking for. Everything was smooth. I felt comfortable with investing my money in insurance through Simply Business. I felt comfortable with what they presented.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

They helped us get the coverage that we needed at the time. I called the phone number and we got insurance through them. But they didn't give enough options. We had to go somewhere else for an umbrella coverage and for workman's comp.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I got business insurance from Simply Business online and navigating the site was easy. I just hope I got a follow-up call to give me a rundown of what's in my package and who I can reach. I haven't gotten a call yet.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had people call me once I filled the form out. Simply Business sent an email back and shortly after, I had some insurance providers go ahead and reach out to me. Everything was smooth.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Enrolling with Simply Business was super easy. Anybody I spoke with knew what was going on and they got me the right insurance that I needed. Everything's all good and seems to be on cue.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I looked at Simply Business online and they had a good deal. Everything has been fine at this point. It was all online and it was very easy.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I was searching the internet for insurance companies and Simply Business had the best price. The rep explained stuff well. He was prompt and stayed on top of it when I put in a request for the quote. I’d recommend people going go with Simply Business.

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2020

I originally contacted Simply Business - I think I was referred; the agent helped me with GL insurance - I paid a down payment - and was so relieved as it was less money and I had been on the phone for hours trying to find a company that would provide the verbiage "per project" - The next day I called to get a COI - and was informed they actually could not include the verbiage. I was more than irritated - as I had to start all over. With that said - I did not retain the name of the company - So when I got my credit card statement and there was a charge and 2 days later a credit - and I had forgotten the whole situation. I called the phone # on the credit card statement - and emailed to find out. They were so nice and efficient and explained what had happened and I apologized profusely and was sorry that I had caused all the ruckus.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have no idea what your company is about and I have not had any dealings. I do know that a debit was deducted from my account and then credited back. I am not sure how that occurred. So if you could please enlighten me - I would appreciate it.

Simply Business response

Hi Bobbie,

Thanks for letting us know, and we are sorry that this has occurred. A licensed service agent from our Customer Solutions Center will be in touch with you to discuss the details of this matter further.

Best,

Simply Business

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I already have business insurance with them for a side business of mine. I looked it up online, found what I wanted and set it all up. It was pretty straightforward.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I needed a new warranty for my business. Someone recommended Simply Business and I was satisfied with that recommendation. They sent a couple of different quotes, then they did everything for me. They sent me the stuff and I signed it. We didn't have that much interaction but the one that we had was great. Everything else that they did was also great. They take out the money every month from an account and I’m good to go.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I started a construction company and my attorney had advised me that I was going to need a business insurance. Simply Business was $10 dollars cheaper than others and I went with them. So far, things have been going well and their online process was pretty simple. But the other day, I got an email saying that my card was declined. I forgot to call to tell them I lost my debit card and I had to switch cards. But I talked to one of their reps and he was able to change it quickly and efficiently, and I was able to get back to work.

Simply Business Company Information