4.6/5 (39 ratings)

About Simply Business

Simply Business is an online comparison tool that provides tailored coverage and rate options for small businesses. The company, which originally opened in the U.K., expanded to the U.S. in 2017. It lets small business owners access their coverage options from various leading insurance providers online.

Top Simply Business Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… The first person I spoke to was patient and he answered all of my questions. There was no pressure for me to join. He gave me advice on what to look for in case I did decide to ...

Verified

I own my own business and I needed a new warranty. Someone recommended Simply Business… they did everything for me and I didn’t have to do anything. Then they sent me the stuff an...

What is Simply Business?

Simply Business is an online insurance comparison tool that offers straightforward protective solutions for small businesses. Its website offers options for a wide variety of industries, including landscaping, carpentry, cosmetology, real estate, plumbing and more. Among its insurance partners are Travelers Insurance, Clear Blue and American Builders Insurance.

How does Simply Business work?

Simply Business works much like a broker to relieve some of the stress associated with finding business insurance. If you’re a small business owner, you can fill out a simple questionnaire to explain your insurance needs and how your business works, then Simply Business compares policies and plans from leading providers to help you find the best coverage fit.

Whether you need liability insurance or want to protect your equipment from theft or damage, Simply Business’ online tools help you find transparent, thorough quotes and a vast array of policy options.

Simply Business rates

Simply Business doesn’t offer insurance; instead, it connects businesses to adequate coverage solutions from top providers. It charges no fees for its services, but it also doesn’t offer providers’ rates on its site. However, several customer reviews say its model helped them find affordable coverage. Do note that you might have to pay a cancellation fee if you end service before your contract is up.

Simply Business FAQ

Does Simply Business offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Simply Business offers general liability, professional liability, home-based business and errors and omissions insurance.
Where is Simply Business available?
Simply Business’ services are available only to businesses in the U.S. and might not be available in all states.
Who owns Simply Business?
Simply Business is owned by Travelers Insurance, who bought the company in 2017.
Where is Simply Business located?
Simply Business is located at 1 Beacon St., Floor 15, Boston, Massachusetts. It also has a location in London.

Is Simply Business legit?

Simply Business is a good solution for business owners who want to compare a wide variety of insurance options at once. It has no local agents, so it’s not a full-service solution — but it does provide an easy way to find affordable coverage online. Its quote process is lengthy, but because it’s thorough it can help businesses find policies tailored to their needs, making it especially ideal for niche businesses.

Simply Business Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simply Business?

Original review: April 30, 2022

The process was easy. But the only problem is how much you make a year. That's the only thing that you can put on there because it's not accurate. They would ask how much you are making yearly and if you put the wrong thing, they're gonna go off that. All those times that you get jobs and you don’t have jobs, so you never know how much you're gonna make. But they're good people.

Get buying tips about Business Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

The rep from Simply Business was fantastic. I liked his attention to detail and he consistently kept in touch and communicated to make sure that we were on the same page. This was my first time venturing out to do my own thing. So, I didn't know exactly what I needed. I left that up in his hands. He told me what the options were and made a recommendation. He also told me why he made that recommendation and where I could do my own research. I did and he was correct. So, I went with it.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Working with Simply Business is really simple. Some of the other companies were asking a lot of questions and so much stuff. I was like, “How am I supposed to know these things?” I looked up Simply Business' information and I was like, “Okay, this is what I'm talking about.” When you're a business owner and you're trying to open, you don't have time to be doing deep investigations into the dimensions of the building and stuff.

The only feedback I will give is that as I was growing, I finally got approved for an actual business bank account. I prefer to be able to navigate a website on my own terms and don't necessarily always have time to make in-person or real-time calls, and I did have to call to switch my payment information over. It would have been easier to access that on the website. Sometimes, I'm up at one o'clock in the morning, and I'm switching things over and I can't necessarily pick up the phone and call. So it will be easier to navigate things online because that's something I really don't need help for. I'm pretty savvy at navigating websites.

Overall, I was able to access the policy immediately. It’s very simple. I love that they send reminders when it's time for it to be paid. The policy was exactly what I was looking for. I liked it because as a new business owner, I know I can always update my policy. It was a very affordable price for someone who's just starting out.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I needed business insurance to get a job to secure a contract. So, I needed some easy type stuff. My friend told me he had Simply Business and it was pretty easy and straightforward. I called them and then they gave me the rate. It was way more cheaper than the other quotes I got from a local agency. It was like three times cheaper. Their guy gave me a killer deal. I missed a payment and they canceled it, and then I ended up calling them again. I didn't even know it got canceled. I got a new card and I forgot that I had to switch the card numbers over. They gave me a cheaper deal than they gave me the first time. So, I liked them for that. It was nice to get it for even cheaper. Saving money is always a good thing.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Sales-wise, I loved the way the system is set up. I don't have to contact anybody when I was getting the service. Everything was automated. Within 10 minutes, I purchased the plan. Today, when I had to cancel, I had to talk to somebody. It felt good because it took two minutes for them to answer the phone. To have someone in America answer the phone on the customer service side, it was great.

When I was buying the insurance, reps told me I could only sell groceries and some toys and I cannot sell certain products. The fact that they give advance notice on what you are gonna be selling, that's good. People need to know the product that they're selling before they buy insurance, because some products could be hazard. You might wanna shop and ask more questions about the type of the product that you’re selling.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I called Simply Business because I needed some information and they responded right away and took care of it. Everything was good.

Original review: June 15, 2022

They've always been a great help in a questions or concerns I may have, concerning my insurance or anything that my knowledge is lacking. Top notch and great listeners. I've got off track talking about life and the lady on the other end was gracious and helpful to assistant my needs and this included hearing me vent. Top notch to day the least.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The rates were lower than the others. I did everything online so the overall experience was simple. It broke everything down for me step by step. Walked me through everything and that was it. It was a quick process and the rates are wonderful. I was extremely satisfied.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I went online and the options from Simply Business were good. I liked their price. I paid for the policy and have done absolutely nothing, and probably never will.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Speaking with the rep over the phone was nice, easy and straightforward. We specialize in power washing and spot washing, and we’re in our first month with Simply Business. And I haven't had any issues or problems.

Simply Business Company Information