State Farm Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A few weeks ago, I was in a car accident. Amanda was the only one with me. We were not hurt but my car was smashed pretty good and the radiator leaked all the water so Dan came to Idaho Falls and towed it home. I did not get a ticket and it was the other two cars that hit that caused the accident. State Farm (insurance of the car who was liable) called me a few hours after the accident to ask me how everything was and if I needed anything like a rental or whatever. The lady was so helpful telling me that they would take care of everything. I told her we would like a rental because we have three of us that drive to different places most days. So she arranged a vehicle and sent me the email authorizing it and telling me they would cover all the expenses.

The next day before we went to get the rental they called and said "Never mind, we are still investigating the accident." Meanwhile they sent me two emails telling me to take pictures and giving me my claim number. Then a few days later they call and say they need to tow our car to Utah to see how much damage is done and get an estimate to see how much it would cost to pay the damages. I thought ok so they changed their minds again and now they are going to pay for it. The next day after, they call again and tell me they are not going to pick up our car because they are not liable to pay for the damages. The day after that they call and say they are coming to pick up my car and they did. They took it. Kept it for a few days, making it so we could not get it fixed. Then they call and say they are returning it and not doing anything for us.

We waited a long time to do anything with our car because they kept changing their story. Dan talked to the manager of State Farm and he did nothing to making anything right. Maybe we should charge them rent for taking our car and keeping it without any reason to take it. I will never have anything to do with State Farm, they are the most dishonest insurance company I have ever dealt with!

This office is literally the worst offending office that is full of painful people including my agent. I literally canceled my policy, or had tried to, but because of a scuffle she is harassing me by sending me cancellation policies with overdue just because she was offended that I cancelled on her. Seriously. How lame is that. I have no need of people that just take your money and then try to cause issues when you're unhappy with the service given? Whatever happened to being polite and not being offended when someone just desires to cancel a stupid policy?

I feel like I've called in twice already to the general State Farm claims billing and they have done zilch in helping me resolve this either. I keep getting the same runaround and in the end nothing gets accomplished or fixed regarding my supposed "overdue," bills which by the way when I had this escalated I was reassured repeatedly that this was not going to even be an issue. This is horrible service and has left me an incredibly dissatisfied ex-customer. I think that anyone who sticks with this company should feel the regret immediately.

After 30 plus years with State Farm for auto, home and life insurance including my wife and 2 daughters, State Farm sent me an invoice stating my auto insurance premiums were going up over 1500.00 annually. When I called and asked why the increase as myself and family have not had any claims EVER I was given a hokey excuse of my daughter that turned 18 in September 2016 was the cause plus industry increase. The agent actually said State Farm increases auto for kids from 17 year old to 18 year old. Again, no claims ever, I was paying 286.00 monthly for my family and the new premiums would be 420.00 plus 120.00 in adjustments. I switched to Nationwide, same coverage for my family at 268.00 monthly. I will never go back to State Farm for any insurance needs as they are a big rip-off.

My wife had an accident December 30th, 2016. A State Farm insured customer turned left, in front of her car and caused an accident. The SF customer was cited, for causing the accident. The responding police officer wrote on the accident report that my wife did nothing to cause the accident. My insurance company is fighting with SF because they are refusing to fix our car. I will eventually run the accident through my carrier and sue SF. I WOULD NEVER BUY STATE FARM insurance. In fact, I have had my home insurance with SF for 38 years and never filed a claim. That has changed. I went in to my local agent and canceled my policy.

After 38 years, one would think they would at least question why! The way I have it figured, SF will lose $50,000 in insurance premiums, over the balance of my life, for a bumper, but you just can't fix stupid. The money I will save in 3 years with the new home insurance carrier will pay for the new bumper. I hope this review helps anyone thinking of buying any insurance through State Farm.

State Farm is not my insurance company. Thank God. But their insured driver let his sister borrow his car (she was not on the policy). She hit and scraped the bottom left side of my car. We stopped and she gave me her ID, she then called her brother to send her pictures of his driver’s license and insurance document/policy. I took pictures of everything of both cars as well (I did not call the cops because to my knowledge it is not required by law to do so when it is not a huge accident where there are injured people etc. I had proof and she looked like a decent person who would take responsibility for her reckless driving). So I thought. How dumb of me.

Well that same day I called their insurance company State Farm. They gave me a claim number. I sent all the proof via email pictures, ID/license, and text messages as well. Weeks went by I called to follow up… was told 3 times they were still investigating because they could not get a hold of their insured driver or the sister driving his vehicle. After a few more weeks I called again and they could not tell me what was going on so they told me to call claim specialist Sharari **. I did multiple times, left voicemails. Never got a call back from her. Weeks later she did send me a letter stating they would not be liable for the damages because according to them there was "no evidence" based on their investigation. I replied with a letter this time and sent her again all the proof I had sent the first time and told her if she did not respond that I would take this case to the court.

Well she called today to explain why they denied payment to the claim. She stated that there was no police report (which I know for a fact that it is not required by law to do so) then stated that they never ever got a hold of their insured driver (he was not being cooperative) so they did not have his side of the story. And that my only witness my brother next to me did not count as a witness because he was in the vehicle with me. Hilarious right? So basically if their irresponsible insured driver lets whoever borrow their car and on top of that does not comply (answers letters and phone calls from State Farm) then they have more voice than us victims who sent them evidence, photos and text messages where they are clearly texting me that if they cannot pay the damages themselves out of pocket then to call their insurance company State Farm so that they can handle it.

They have not seen the last of me though… too many irresponsible people get away with it and too many victims are left like myself, with damages left to our vehicles when we are not at fault. I will make sure a lot of people are aware of these actions by State Farm and their insured drivers. I will make sure that this never happens to me ever again. I have a clean record, I am not a reckless driver. I always drive with precaution especially since I have 2 children. For someone and their insurance company to not want to own up to their actions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

WARNING: THE ONLY PURPOSE THIS COMPANY HAS IS TO COLLECT PREMIUMS, AND NEVER PAY ANYTHING OUT TO CUSTOMERS! They have devoted themselves to perfecting the run-around, and leave people unprotected by the insurance policies they sell... In February of 2017 our parked van was hit by a driver who has State Farm insurance. At the time of the accident, my husband was walking out of a grocery store and saw a lady backing up her SUV into our parked Van. He started yelling "Stop" and waving his arms. She was oblivious and continued backing up till she slammed right into the back of our Van. After hitting our Van she put her car into drive and started to pull away without even trying to see what she hit. My husband ran after her and stopped her. I came out of the grocery store, was told what was going on, and I obtained her information. She never said she was sorry. She admitted that she hit our vehicle.

Our Van is a 1984 Ford e350 Econoline, it is large, 6 feet tall and yellow. On a clear afternoon, if you cannot see our Van, you should not be driving. I called State Farm that afternoon and reported the accident. She called also and admitted that she was at fault, hit our vehicle which was parked with no one inside it. When I reported the accident, State Farm said that since it was her fault, and we were not even in our vehicle, they would take all responsibility for it and pay for the damage she caused. They informed me that I could choose from three repair garages and they would pay them directly for the repairs, OR I could send in pictures and receive a check with which I could obtain repairs on my own. We chose the second option.

I called a second time to find out how to submit pictures of the damage to my bumper and back door. I did what I was told and got no response. I called again and was told I had to use an "app" on my phone to submit pictures for an estimate. I created an account with State Farm online and could log in and see the pictures I had loaded the first time as I was instructed. After using the "app" to load pictures a second time and request an estimate, I waited 5 days and got no response. I called again and was told they were probably just busy and normally it only takes about 48 hours or less to get an estimate. I called again and was told that probably they never got the pictures or request for an estimate (even though I could log in and see the pictures I submitted on the State Farm Website).

So I was told, now 2 weeks after the accident that I could DRIVE my vehicle into town to a car dealership and have a State Farm Representative do an estimate on site and he could ISSUE a check to us right then and there. We took the Van into town the next day, my husband took the day off from work. The State Farm rep took pictures, asked questions etc, then he said "well since your van is an older vehicle and it already has some damage on it, I have to estimate the existing damage, then the damage our customer caused and send both figures into our adjusters. They will decide how much money you will receive." We drove away dismayed, and with 10 minutes I got an email from State Farm saying that our estimate amount was $0.00. The rep had just typed in $1200 for existing damage and $1200 for new damage, leaving zero to be paid, and that was it.

Obviously he just made up a number and typed it in both columns to leave us with nothing. When I called State Farm to complain, I was told that they don't have to pay for damage if the vehicle was already damaged. I asked him if it was ok then for people to just go around backing and slamming into vehicles as long as those vehicles were older or not perfect to begin with. He offered me $300, which I took at that point, NOT BECAUSE THAT AMOUNT WOULD FIX MY VEHICLE, but because I could not waste any more time dealing with this crooked company.

So the lesson is: if you drive a brand new $50,000 car and someone backs into it, you might get the $2000-$3000 it really costs to fix it. If however you can't afford a $50,000 car and you drive a $5,000 or $10,000 car that means a lot to you and you rely on, you do not count, you do not deserve respect, insurance does not apply to you, you will be given the run-around, your time will be wasted, you will be told over and over by different people to do different things, ALL of which will result in you NOT receiving any funds to repair your vehicle, all designed to cause you to give up.

2+ years as a member paid close to $5,000 over 2 years for insurance service. Used the insurance once in 3 years for $64.00 for a lockout service and less than 10mph speeding ticket, which they jacked my rates up for. At renewal they send a letter saying you can keep paying triple the cost but on your high dollar comp & collision policy for 6 more moths but we are dropping your older car (no profit in it for them) and then at renewal we will drop your other car.

Never late once, never any claims, except a property damage claim in 2015 (floods) but hey lie a good neighbor, go screw yourself! When I went to office they acted as if they could care less, not a single let me call corp or anything except here is a 1800 # for corporate customer complaints. I closed a credit card account, checking, 2 auto policies, a jewelry policy and homeowners. And switched to nationwide locally at consultative insurance group, got better coverage a better rate. I recommend them call Susan **.

Mary Bittle never called me or helped. The 800 number said I'm a screw up (paraphrased) but basically we stole your money and the second we pay for anything screw you. Needless to say I will tell anyone and everyone using state farm or the Mary Bittle service to go elsewhere. Customer service is poor, customer retention poor, overall customer care horrible. Take your business elsewhere and hurt them in where they really care about their pocket!

I have made complaints with State Farm and BBB concerning money they continue to steal out of my account monthly until I drop them and went to Progressive Insurance and I am very pleased with them. They are wonderful and much cheaper. State Farm should be arrested and charge for fraud and thief. I had their policy for 2 and a half years until they go change my personal info and started taking large amount out of my account and I was never bill a paper declaration page on my policy showing me my amount of my policy. So I called them and they address the call to Ms. Amber ** and Thomas **. They are criminal and should be in jail. I email her and told them to cancel my policy. I no longer wanted them and I was going to another company. They continue to take my out of my account by me enrolling into auto pay.

They continue to take money so I got down right on their butts and told them that I was going to small claim court if they don't let my policy go. So they still would not so I pay Progressive anyway. So they then email me a cancellation form for me to fax back to them. So Mrs. Katie ** accepted the cancellation form and send me in the mail what they had overcharge me for and I went to the Auto department and they accepted the cancellation notice from Mrs. Katie ** saying they would do the same. However I never received a dime from auto policy owing me over two hundred dollars and no they still have not send me my money. And I called to ask whether or not they are cooperated or in-cooperated and they refuse to tell me. I made complaints with their office and with BBB. So now I am about to go public with details and civil matter along with filing charges with the Federal Court System.

State Farm should be shut down and put out of Business. They are commons criminals and should be arrested for such acts of fraud and thief. They should not have license to practice being thieves. I would never ever have them as my insurance carrier ever in this life or the next life and I want to prosecute them to the maximum. They need to be held accountable for being a disgrace to the Insurance holder and policy of carrier and not allowed to do business. I am going to keep on until they are put out of business and that no one will ever think about give them a chance to do any harm to them. They cannot keep this up. They have four thousand bad complaint and they are still in business. This should not even be allow to renew their business license and I will go Local and National until something is done to put them away for good.

I want all of my money they stole from me and I want to know if they are cooperated or in-cooperated. I will continue until this company is not allow to be open and to steal and take money from people. They don't need a license to operate this business. They have criminal working with them and for them and all criminals should be dealt with by the justice system and I will not stop until they are shut down. I have copies of all the complaint and fax and emails sent to this company. Mrs Amber ** and Thomas ** are the two so called criminals that carried the thief charges and they change all of my personal information and address to what they wanted it to be.

So with this said no one is going to trust them or pay any kind of policy from them so they will soon closed down if no one is dealing with them. Progressive Insurance is great and I came out 200 dollars cheaper for the same coverage. Thank you for your time and patience. State Farm is thieves and liars and no one is going to deal with them. I am going to DeKalb County Court and take a civil suit against the two people I mention and State Farm.

I begin by saying that prior to the claims I am discussing here, I have not filed an insurance claim for many years. I am not one of those people that file frivolous claims to bilk the insurance companies. In the summer of 2016 a semi I was following threw a rock and cracked my windshield. I called my State Farm agent immediately. She informed me that I was not covered and State Farm would not pay for a new windshield. I had comprehensive and collision coverage on my vehicle so why was the damage not covered? My agent said that the damage was considered "road hazard" and my policy didn't cover "road hazard". My comprehensive coverage covers glass breakage, just not from "road hazard". That's how State Farm rips policy holders off. They use semantics, a rose by any other name, to keep from paying a claim. Call it road hazard instead of glass breakage and they don't have to pay.

Then, on March 01, 2017, we had some horrible storms in our area. There were 5 confirmed EF 0 tornadoes. We got approx. 6 inches of rain in a few hours. The basement of my rental home was flooded with nearly 18 inches of water. My rental home is in the city, not in a flood plain and nothing like this has ever happened before. The gas furnace and the gas water heater were ruined. I called State Farm to initiate the claim and was told an adjuster would call me within, "usually, 48 hours". NO ONE BOTHERED TO CALL ME. I finally called them and was told that the claim was denied. I was told that the water damage wasn't covered. What? I was told that I didn't have "that endorsement". So if a water pipe were to break, I am not covered? Well, "that would be different". Yeah right, semantics again. This company is terrible and I have cancelled all of my policies with them. Be smart, don't risk your home or vehicles with State Farm's non coverage insurance.

I was rear ended by a driver with State Farm Insurance almost 3 months ago and am still getting the runaround. I have given pictures and had the state trooper and witnesses testify, proving the damage to my vehicle. State Farm continues to give me the runaround! My car is a total loss and they won't even talk to me. I have had to borrow vehicles, miss work, a lost money because of what their driver did and is now lying about, even though it is obvious. I despise State Farm and will do everything in my power to make sure that no one I know is ever a customer of theirs! They are not like a good neighbor, I can assure you!!

I have been mistreated by my local State Farm Insurance Office and the State Farm Claims Office. On February 6, 2017 I called into my local office to ask a simple question: Do you offer accident forgiveness, such as I have seen that Allstate Insurance offers these services? A lady by the name of Julie ** answered the phone and told me that she would have to transfer my call to someone who could assist me.

Another State Farm agent was on the line and again, I asked the same question. She then proceeded to ask me questions and said that she needed to get some more information from me. She asked. What happened? So thinking that she was going to answer my initial question, I then proceeded to answer her questions. I told her that it was minor and that there was no paperwork needed. She tried to get me to have an Insurance evaluator come out to access the damages and suggested that if I didn't want repairs then someone could come out, give an estimate on repairs and State Farm could possibly cut me a check for the damages. I told her again, No, there was no need for paperwork, please answer my question. She proceeded to tell me that she needed more information from me.

Through the entire conversation she NEVER answered my question and then at the end of the conversation said: "Here is your case number. You will have to call back in to see if they will offer you accident forgiveness or not at a later time and anyone who answers the phone will be able to assist you." I found out later that she illegally opened up an Insurance Claim in my name for my car causing my insurance rates to be raised/more expensive. My local State Farm Office, Janine ** of Port Saint Lucie, FL, pushed me off to the claims department where they forced a claim upon me without my knowledge committing a criminal act. I NEVER requested or authorized any claim to be opened in this matter. This has resulted in ruining my clean driving record and they need to take responsibility for their manipulative way of doing business in this area.

I have contacted the State Farm Claims Department twice and they tell me that they cannot remove the claim from their files once it was opened. I then told them that I never authorized a claim to be opened and it was deceitful, manipulative, and illegal. On February 14, 2017 a Claims Representative named Ryan, called me and argued with me that it was opened and it will not be erased from my record. This representative was rude, argumentative, and when I requested to speak with a manager THREE times this representative denied me and told me that he was NOT getting a supervisor. He refused to give me his operator number or his last name. That is also against the law to deny me a supervisor. I have never been so mistreated by a company such as what I have experienced from State Farm and I have been a State Farm customer for over 10 years.

On February 17, 2017 a supervisor named, Brittney, called from the claims office and left me a voicemail message admitting that she could see in the notes that I did not intend to have a claim opened but unfortunately one was opened and it could not be erased. They cannot legally open a claim if I did not request and/or authorize one to be opened. Their employees are deceitful and had no right to open a claim and should be reprimanded.

In conclusion... DO NOT open any insurance accounts with STATE FARM INSURANCE. Their claims department were more than anxious to meet their quotas and illegally opened a claim against me and now it is a huge mess! I do not trust STATE FARM INSURANCE. They are liars and deceitful in all departments!

They have messed up my record and after reaching out to them... They told me basically "We don't care". PLEASE SEEK ANOTHER INSURANCE AGENT THAN STATE FARM... THEY ARE LIARS, DECEITFUL, AND ARE NOT ON "YOUR SIDE"!

Wallace Saunders Law Firm is Located in Missouri and Kansas, for which I will be filing with the bar in both states and seeking the license of at least two Lawyers. Wallace Saunders represents State Farm insurance company. Their only job is to find some legal way out of not paying the customers of State Farm. So if you are contacted by their attorneys from State Farm, Just let your lawyer talk it out and have a decent lawyer that is not scared to go to trial as they will go all the way up to the filing date and send you legal papers that you can only answer 2 ways affirm or deny. They will throw the stupidest questions at you, like admit you caused the accident, admit you were never injured, admit that you caused the injuries to yourself, admit that you are trying to scam State Farm, admit you broke the handrail to make it look like an accident. State Farm will go to any cost to not pay a claim.

I had renters insurance with them and they scammed me. I left and went to Texas. When I came home all of my property was stolen, vandalized or broken. A car was even taken out of my drive way. This company put me to a Special Claims, never sent a person to my residence which by law was the first thing they had to do. Send an adjuster. They had made up their mind when I called. No adjuster came out as required. I was sent to a law firm and gave a 6 or so hour deposition as to what happened. They didn't give me, the required things needed when your home is totaled like hotel expenses, car expenses and expenses for having to eat out. So you know they HAVE to do this, they did not.

The law firm Wallace Saunders asked for receipts. I sent a bunch but not all and I gave them a whole bunch. I continued to send receipts and at some point in the middle of this process I got a letter from the firm saying to forward all information to State Farm. I can only speculate they had thought they found a loophole in the case and gave it to State Farm to say I was not an Insured even though, I spoke to the representative when I set up the Insurance, my school email address was used, my truck was the car being insured and added Renters insurance, I filled out the forms, I had all conversations with State farm. They have said I am not an insured, my "Wife" was. Okay, well we both lived at the same address, she claimed the same address at the time of the thefts so, anything that happened during that time, I was covered even if my name wasn't on the insurance. I got the renters insurance. Not my wife.

So, Based on that alone I was covered right? Well they said no, I was not an insured. Okay, then by law I am a 3rd party victim. A burglar could have been injured and they would have been covered if they were injured on my property or if they slipped or fell State Farm would have had to pay. I in good faith did what I was supposed to do. After looking up complaints against State Farm Insurance, it seems this is common practice that goes against the companies own code of ethics and is therefore illegal. So, it seems that even though my property in my house that was insured, was not insured somehow. I am only left to speculate as to what Wallace Saunders told them to allow them to deny the insurance claim but since I had another case that State Farm was 6 years old. I didn't even know that a company could legally not pay out a claim for that long.

State Farm is involved in FRAUD. This is Fact. The actions taken were Illegal. The Claims Agent Pam ** Called and just said your claim is denied because I am not an insured. Now, even though the whole thing was bought by me paid for by me negotiated by me and the renters insurance, these people will do anything they can to NOT pay a claim and I mean anything they can. Even break their own company policies and the law to do so. Now, I am suing and taking them to court and including a Law Firm Wallace Saunders, and suing their "Specialist" as well.

If you ever have any dealings with State Farm make sure you have a lawyer that is not scared to go to trial and insist on a speedy trial or they will drag this on for years. Don't wait for lame offers, just set any case for trial. 2 things are certain. Juries don't like insurance companies or lawyers and I am suing both in one for acting in concert with one another to avoid paying claims, breaking their own rules, policies and procedures as well as the law. Do not use them for your insurance, and if you're unfortunate to be a victim of one of their clients, you know you will not get what you rightfully have coming. I am filing a lawsuit and anyone who is eligible can join to make this a class action lawsuit.

They refused to use the police found witnesses, police body camera and police statement in order to accurately investigate their insured's damage to my vehicle. My vehicle was stopped and he hit the gas and rammed into the back of my vehicle in a parking lot. My assessment is they allow their customers to freely get over on anyone without admitting liability! They caused over a month of and continued mental anguish over this and are rude when you have questions.

I was involved in an accident 1 year ago of which a young woman hit me almost head on. She was insured with State Farm and she was cited. Needless to say my 2013 Cadillac Escalade had heavy front end damage and was never the same. The diminished value was considerable as when I tried to sell it people would do a Carfax and never call back or come back. I ended up wholesaling the car to a dealership and lost 10,000.00 of equity. State farm has offered me a fraction of this loss, claiming the car was restored to its original condition. It's BS and they know it. Chad ** is the adjuster I have been working with and he will not return emails... phone calls... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE... State Farm Ins. is the worst!!

On Feb 10th I got a letter in the Mail from State Farm, Stating that I will no longer be able to renew my policy. So I was scared and shopped around for insurance and to my luck, I found a new one. State Farm was my first choice mainly because of the advertisements they place on the T.V and online. I never missed a payment so I was a bit angry because of that. So basically on the 10 of Feb I called State Farm and asked to cancel all my policies because I wouldn't Need them anymore, plus the Life insurance was worth nothing. State Farm stated that they would communicate with My agent so they could communicate with me. I called more than 3 times, and my agent never called me.

I'm a very busy man so basically I had to call them after I got charged after I cancelled and then they tell me that in order to cancel my policies I need to do it in writing and their excuse for not communicating with me was that they missed the email sent more than 3 times. So the struggle is real with State Farm, The customer Service sucks when you're in a bad situation. They hang up on you, they give you false hope, and to get your money back is a pain. Which begs the questions, "What is all that advertisement all about?" I don't feel happy with how I left State Farm, my car wasn't repaired correctly and I expected to be helped by them at least. I'm still waiting to see when my money is going to be sent back. I don't know what to do.

I was in an accident. Time limit for settlement is two years. I was strung along for the two years three days before time limit. They call with an offer so I have to receive the paper to sign and get it back before deadline. Forms coming in the mail. Not good customer service. Always get a lawyer or they will do you the way they did me. Wrong as hell.

Was in a wreck and a lady took off my bumper. No cops involved, but was told there would be arbitration. They lied. There was none and I was found at fault by MY OWN insurance company. I asked for records and notes leading to decision and was told they are confidential. That is like a person asking a doctor for records and they won't release them "without subpoena." Utter dissatisfaction and un-neighborly. The woman who hit me was clearly not in her lane. Not happy and may take 24 years of business to another insurance company.

I purchased a new car on January 10th. Called the after hours and was quoted $110 vs my old payment of $93 per month. The next day I called to confirm and they said "Sorry the overnight agent was incorrect and it is $136 per month." I was obviously upset about being told one price and then it going up by $26 per month in one night. They requoted $114. I said "Fine let's do it" even though I had quotes from Progressive and GEICO for $108 & $112 because I have been with State Farm my entire life of driving of 11 years and my mother her entire life of nearly 40 years. The week after my mother receives a bill that shows $132 per month. I call and they said "Ignore that as that was incorrect." My State Farm office said it would be $127 not $136 or $132. Then the office said final official quote was $115 or $696 per 6 months. I said perfect and they said payment was due tomorrow. My mom called to pay.

Two weeks after, the bill showed $125 per month. I finally got ahold of the agent (David **) and he said sorry for human error but it's not his or his office's fault that the underwriters changed the billing. He doesn't handle billing. He said the only thing he would do was change my policy and it would go down to $117. They said they could sell me renters insurance which was $9 per month plus $114 car insurance. All of which is not okay. I have had the same policy with them for 11 years and the way they value their customers is to bait and switch? They can only say sorry that human error did not quote correctly. Human error is okay 2-3 times, but 10 separate occasions is not human error.

I have called customer service. They admit their wrongdoing in quoting but only says it's human error and they can't help me but "We value you." I am just shocked that they don't value me or my mother after forever. I am reaching out to my state insurance commissioner and the customer service manager. I just want them to pick 1 of the 10 quote and stick with it.

I was involved in a car accident in December 2016 due to a State Farm insured driver running a red light. State Farm has accepted liability but has done absolutely nothing to compensate me for the accident. I was injured pretty bad and out from work for a little over 2 months. Their customer service is horrible! When I asked what I should do to cover prescriptions and in general continue living without income, she said "I would suggest Federal assistance and we will handle your claim when it comes up in rotation". I signed and returned all release forms for them and they still told me that they had not received any bills, even though they (State Farm) sent me a copy of the original hospital bill. I did the leg work for the claim handler and got all medical bills and sent them to her.

I am now continuing to get the run around and am being told that a settlement offer has been drawn up but needs approval from 2 other managers. It has been over 2 months since the accident and I have been released from doctor's care for almost a month now and still NOTHING from State Farm. Their claims handlers are rude and do not attempt to be helpful in the least. I realize that they have a job to do and that they are not obligated to care, but as a representative of State Farm, you would think they are at least responsible for customer service and to be of some assistance. Obviously, their job is to drag their feet and just wear the customer down so that they are tired of dealing with it and will just accept whatever to be rid of dealing with them.

I have approximately $40,000 in medical bills and am beginning to receive collection notices because State Farm is doing nothing to get my claim handled. I am currently shopping for Renter's Insurance and a new car insurance company and I WOULD NEVER USE STATE FARM after having to deal with them as a claimant. My next step is to contact an attorney and just let them deal with it!

They have horrible customer service, all the customer service rep. Please don't go to the on 36th Ave and 31st street in LIC because they are the worst. I called to discuss why insurance bill was being increased so much (no accidents or tickets), the agent literally screamed at me. I immediately switched to Geico. The minute they answer the phone felt treated with dignity and respect. Moreover, State Farm was charging me $568 and I will be paying $165 with Geico... The worst, worst insurance company.

I have been attempting to get State Farm Auto Insurance Claims Department to finalize the damage estimate and pay out on my 2003 Mitsubishi Galant since December 9, 2016. I have spoken to the "Claims Department" more than 20 times, and have only spoken to the same representative twice, both of those conversations were due to the representative calling me back for additional information.

Every time I call State Farm Auto Claims Department, it is like refiling the claim, in its entirety, and having someone new evaluate it. Today, February 22, 2017, I have received a third damage estimate. State Farm now states that they must re-evaluate the entire claim, based on this new information. Here we go! 2 more months of unreturned phone calls, speaking to 20 more "Claims Associate" that need to review the entire claim file before they can tell me that "The Claim Handler" (who I am not allowed to speak to) will need to review the new information before a decision can be reached. 2 times now, a State Farm "Claims Associate" has informed me that my car is a total loss. 2 times now, a State Farm "Claims Associate" has given me a Total Loss Payout Amount, and made arrangements to pay the loss to me, and 2 times now, the offer for payout has been rescinded.

The new estimate appears to have been accepted by State Farm, and published; I was notified via email. But none of the "Claims Associates" I spoke with this afternoon, can tell me what happens next. Now that the damage truly does exceed the value, no offer is on the table. More than 2 months of this ridiculous back and forth has impressed one thing upon me; I would hate to be paying for such incompetent, untrustworthy, and despicable service.

I burst out laughing every time I hear or see one of their commercials advertising car insurance great rates or the discount you (don't) get when you have a renters policy as well. Is there truly any doubt why they've a need for advertising? A few years ago a woman fell off her bicycle while traveling at a high rate of speed. She was unconscious for perhaps 2 or 3 minutes. I called 911 and when the police arrived, asked if I'd hit her? I said absolutely NOT. There was a man on a bicycle behind her who corroborated my statement. In fact there was never even a Police Report but rather an Incident Report that unequivocally stated I'd no contact with the bicyclist.

When she found out I had STATE FARM she sued me knowing their reputation for paying claims. I immediately contacted the Division of Insurance Fraud who they took the case. They stated if she were to pursue her erroneous claim she'd be subject to 5 years in jail in addition to a huge fine. The woman not only changed her story several times but the deposition lasted over 5 hours. She lacked even the slightest modicum of credibility. The lawyer stated they never heard a more pathetic deposition. She talked about her ex-boyfriends and their SEX life?!?

Needless to say State Farm paid the claim! Not only did she collect $100,000 from my policy she then sued her own and got another $150,000. There wasn't a microscopic ounce of evidence to pay the claim yet through their total incompetence handed over $100,000 and why there's such rampant insurance fraud in today's society. I've no doubt State Farm employees are in cahoots with lawyers. The Division of Insurance Fraud was licking their chops waiting to pursue this and yet State Farm paid her instead. Even they agreed, it’s companies like State Farm who exacerbate and foster insurance fraud.

I have had State Farm insurance since 1990. Originally from Pa then I moved to Florida and how things changed. I had a minor fender bender in a parking lot in 2015 no damage to my car and only paint damage to the other. Then in November I lent my car to someone and they got in an accident. I asked at the time if that was going to affect my insurance and they assured me it wasn't. Well, here it is two years later and they decided to not renew my policy. I got a letter listing the "accidents and claims". They actually held it against me that I used the road service two times and that was also used to determine their decision.

After being with them for 27 years I'm sure I've more than paid for these incidents 10 times over. They will gladly take you as a customer if you are perfect. I would not recommend them to anyone. They are expensive and hard to deal with. It took two weeks to get my claim going. They charge extra for the road service and then turn around and list it as a "claim" when you use it. I have signed on with Geico for a little more a month but everything like road service, rental car, and a low deductible is included in the premium. State Farm charges extra for every little thing. Shop around everyone there are better choices out there. I was just naive I took what insurance was convenient back in 1990. I don't even think Geico was around back then. There were very few choices. Buyer beware.

Moved from NY to NJ. Simple enough?? Well, State Farm botched the paperwork and cancelled all our policies after 31 years of no claims, all on-time payments. Get it fixed? Not possible. Runaround after runaround. My family got completely hung out to dry. Dozens of calls to "customer service" (really?). Wrong information, snotty CS agents, fabrication of our current status and long waits to speak to the next do-nothing in line. Would drop dead if anyone from this outfit gave us straight answers. No way out of this mess, other than to go to another company. Still in hell trying to get answers.

I am in the car business and have dealt with dozens and dozens of insurance companies. State Farm is without a doubt, second to none, the worst company that I have ever dealt with. So if you are thinking of insuring with them THINK AGAIN.

I have had very bad experience with State Farm, neither Agency office nor customer care knows anything how State Farm works. When my spouse went back to home country I have submitted form in person in Rancho Cordova Office in California state to remove from her the premium, they said they will be taken care with a big smile, however after 3 months I found out the request is not completed. When contacted agents office in California she gave me a very funny reason that they have only a reason to exclusion family member is either divorce or death.

And after 5 weeks when contacted customer support specialist he said the underwriters are processing the requests on first come first basis. I have asked him a counter question. How come they have completed the request for moving to Los Angeles for increasing the premium rate instantly but removing the spouse is not yet completed even after 5 months. I also have very bad experience with State Farm related to claims and roadside emergency. Dear readers, anyone please tell me your genuine experience with State Farm, I am now really scared to continue with State Farm. If they cannot complete one small request in months how come they can take care of roadside emergencies and claims. Thanks.

I was hit by a client of State Farm's who ran a red light. There were numerous witnesses, the police and even the other driver admitted fault. The day after the accident a State Farm rep called me in the morning to get the details. They quickly informed me they needed to do more investigating. By the end of the day, they called me back to tell me they were denying the claim!

I have recently gotten insurance with State Farm in Lenexa, KS. I have to say that they suck. I ran over a piece of ice on a cold day and my bumper cracked somehow. I made a claim and the amount they estimated was nowhere near what the shops said it would cost. I have gotten the runaround and have been told nothing but lies. I was told that they estimated a new bumper being replaced at $250. The shops I went to all said it would cost over $1000 to replace everything that needed to be replace everything. I really wish I was not dealing with them because they are liars and just awful. They cant even get their stories straight. One guy told me that they would send out the rest of the money needed for the repairs if it wasnt enough. Then someone else said they werent going to honor what I was told.

I would not recommend them to my enemy. I had Progressive at one point and I thought they were bad but they seem like saints compared to State Farm. Whats the point of full coverage if you cant get your bumper fixed. I was very offended by the people that have been handling my claim. I plan to get out of their insurance company and go somewhere else. My dad plans to leave as well. I have never been so furious when doing business with someone. They arent hesitant when they withdraw their payment from my account each month. I am very disappointed in their services and I feel like they lie about their offerings. My full coverage insurance is not cheap. Im so done and over this company and their employees.

Terrible Unethical Company! I am very unimpressed with State Farm Auto Insurance. I am actually considering suing them for taking advantage of the mentally disabled. I may be highly functioning but I feel like I have been taken advantage of and had my privacy rights severely violated. At the beginning of the claim we gave them specific instructions to contact the insurance agent handling the claim through my insurance. When that fails to contact my designated legal guardian. The first few months, the group of insurance agents aware of this fact did a fine job of keeping within the contact circle.

After a few months, State Farm started contacting me and leaving peer pressuring voice mails on my phone to contact them. Well you call State Farm Auto Insurance back and all you get are ** voice mails! You have to go through their slew of phone trees before you actually get someone. When you get someone it's not the designated party handling your insurance.

My designated guardian and I called them back to see what they wanted. We thought it was to challenge our demand letter. No! It was a con into providing a recorded statement! Which is full of false information due to my mental disability not allowing me to understand half the questions. It was illegal for my mother to guide me for answers. A few of the answers were revoked due to her trying to answer for me. I work retail and am trained to blindly say "yes" and be compliant to all whether I understand them or not. I honestly did not understand any of the questions they were requesting of me. The recorded statement they illegally made me speak against my will is full of lies. The only piece of information accurate to the day of the m.v.a. incident is the dash cam video. Which they refuse to view unless it's burned to a data disc.

First let me say that I have always been a loyal State Farm customer, but I am very dissatisfied with this specific agent (State Farm Jacob Rossell). I have tried to call his office multiple times, and I receive a voicemail every time. I have several issues that need be addressed. I can never get a hold of anyone at the actual office location and have to call the general customer service line. I have reported that my mailing address is wrong several times, but every time. I have contacted customer care to update this as well without success. Apparently, the branch manager has to review the request to update this info. Obviously, he does not read his emails...

He removed my low mileage discount from my policy without my knowledge because notification to verify my mileage was sent to the wrong address. I have been paying for this increase for 7 months now. I currently have 2 homeowners policies. One on the incorrect address that I have never lived at. And a second on my actual residence. I have also been charged for this false policy for 8 months now. I have not been reimbursed for his lack of diligence. So far, his branch owes me almost $400.

Compare Auto Insurance