State Farm Auto Insurance
2.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 369 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

State Farm Auto Insurance

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

2925 State Farm Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was hit by one of their customers yesterday. It was a pretty bad hit, and my car was a total loss. It's was their fault and there is no dispute in that. Today I went to get my rental that I could only get from Hertz, and was told they have a no dog policy and a 300 dollar fine if they find dog hair. 90% of the time I get in a car I have a dog with me, so this rental situation doesn't work for my needs. I called State crap and explained I need to be able to have a dog, and the first thing said to me when I mentioned a different rental company was "out of pocket", then I asked if they were going to pay the fine and I was put on a long hold where I got to get madder and madder that the words "out of pocket" were even uttered and I was already clear that even when it is completely liable, this company will make you fight them and they don't give a damn about you.

When the hold ended she was trying to tell me (as if she was doing me a favor) that she got me approved to go find an Enterprise and start the process all over again even though I needed to go to work. This company has one goal and that is to do the very least they have to for their claims while inconveniencing the people they are liable to as much as possible. Now I'm waiting to see the value they give my vehicle, it won't surprise me if they try to give me its value after their client totalled it, I'm sure they are that kind of company. I will never support this company and after this, I can't​ be friends with anyone that uses them either.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I am tired of State Farm's rate increases. Keep drafting more and more from my account. I am with Mike Brewer's office in Arlington Texas and their customer service is horrible and non-existent. David ** is the worst agent ever. Looking for another insurance provider currently.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I was in an accident 30 days ago. The fr10 clearly states that the other driver is at fault and I in no way contributed to the accident yet State Farm still after 30 days said they're still deciding liability. My 6yr old son still has nightmares about it and I've went to the chiropractor 3 times and State Farm has failed to even ask if everyone was okay.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Did you know there is no customer service number to call... Had a horrible issue with a crappy insurance agent Jeff **, his general manager Gretchen **, is absolutely no help either. This company completely tarnished my mother's auto insurance history. I will never see this company for anything else but a crap company. Please contact me for any info you would like. State Farm... I hate you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was driving home on Mother's Day, May 10, 2015, returning from a day at Six Flags with my kids when I was suddenly rear-ended at a red light (in a 55-mph zone) by a negligent State Farm-insured driver. It's been over 2.5 years and they have yet to pay my medical bills or even attempt to settle my claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

When my car got hit by a careless driver on 01-10-2018, State Farm wouldn't help me find an arbitrator to investigate the liability of the case. The other driver lied about his side of the story and I told the truth, but they didn't want to dig deeper because my dad, an uninsured driver, borrowed my car without my permission. They decided that since he was uninsured, they didn't have to care about chasing down the other driver for payment. My car suffered multiple dents under its right doors and long scratches from end to end. I was their second-year customer who had paid $2500 in premiums up to that point. But no more! Stay away from this greedy, inflated insurance company!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

In July 2017 I had a car wreck and my jeep was totaled. At that point I was only paying State Farm $62 a month. And after I bought a new car my insurance went from $62 to $97. OK I understand that. It stayed $97 for 3 months. Then I was told because I had the wreck I was going to have to pay a monthly fee of $82 for the next 3 years on top of my monthly payment. So my new monthly payment will now be $184. Now one month later they take $207 from my bank instead of the $187. Now I have to figure out why the price has gone up again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I've had State Farm for roughly 10 years now. Not one claim... Auto or Home. Received my renewal. The increase was excessive. I guess they have to recoup those refunds to Californians for their excessive charges.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

The highest cost I have seen in 40 years - I received a letter in the mail from a local State Farm agent, named Darry **. And had his signature on it and requesting that I check out State Farm for quote. I decided to check out a quote online first because I am working during his office hours. I then email him about 1 question and he responds saying "call the call center". I finish my quote, then email him the next day about my concerns and regarding the quote, which was out of this world, stating that I was actually saving $800 or more per month, not six months, and quoting me a liability insurance rate for an old 2003 car that costs incredibly more than SR-22 DUI insurance. I sent him the email with that information, and he chose not to get back to me after that. In my opinion why would you send a letter to someone with your signature acting like you would like to represent an agency and make a sale, and then refuse to answer an email?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was hit and run by a State Farm client. The police located him and after first denying it, admitted to it reluctantly after corresponding damage and paint transfer was found on his vehicle. State Farm treated me as though I was the cause. The consistent rudeness, lack of interest and widely shared "not my problem" outlook of every single State Farm employee that I encountered was exhausting. In the end, I ended up with bills for a rental car I would have never needed had their client not hit me. Accidents happen, I can appreciate that but to disrespect the victim isn't just illogical it's poor business decision. I'm only thankful it wasn't more serious. I would expect them to be far worse. Shame on State Farm Insurance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I changed my life insurance to a return of Premium. After doing so my price keep going up on my monthly premium. Every time I asked no one had a answer. This last time I just canceled it. They didn't even try to explain to me why it was going up. Come to find out they hadn't charged me for two months previous. If they have just told me that I would have stayed with them but no they did not. They lied. They acting like they didn't know what they were doing. I was very dissatisfied and I lost a lot of money behind that. If I had known in the beginning I would not have spent the money that I spent with them. If they had only been honest with me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

So this company are so good at communicating when it comes to sending monthly bills and calling when due dates are up. However when my car got stolen and was considered totaled, they had to issue me a check. All of a sudden it’s like everyone is stupid. I had to wait two ** months to receive my check after the offer was made and signed. ** customer service, it’s very obvious they don’t like paying their customers out. Cheap **!! OH and they knew that I was with a rent a car that they don’t cover for nearly a month, they ** send the check standard mail which takes 6-12 ** days! **. Thanks, I hope State Farm ** loses out.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have been trying to settle a claim with State Farm Insurance for nearly three years! I was in a no fault accident and they have made my life a nightmare trying to settle. Over and over they lost my paperwork, did not return my phone calls, continued to make me resubmit materials... I am not greedy, not trying to sue for anything... just get medical bills paid and a fair basic settlement. I have been stunned by what a nightmare they have made this process. I finally got a settlement amount and said, “Fine. Just send the dumb check so I can be done with you.” They said the check would be in the mail no later than 12/20/17. It is now 1/2/18. Still no check! I have never been through this process before and have been stunned by how horrible this process has been and the unbelievable stress it has caused. I am a nice, fair person and I hope I NEVER have to deal with State Farm Insurance again!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Took several calls of being disconnected before getting a live person for a tow. They took all info and said they'd text with the specifics. Waited, waited, nothing. It is -16F today - which means they are busy, that is understandable. They finally called back and said they could not find anyone in our area (no return calls) and that I would have to just call the local police station and see if they could find me someone to tow me - at MY expense. That's it. No, "We'll keep trying to get ahold of someone" etc, just plain out, "We cannot help you!" (They did tell me I was welcome to call back in a few hours to start process all over again.)

I have no money. Well, I had $50. I called and called around and no one would tow me because I had no way to pay (no, I don't even have credit card funds). Finally I flagged someone down who pulled me out for the $50 cash I had. Did I mention it's -16F today? I would have been absolutely fine with them telling me it would be this evening, tomorrow morning...anything but, "Sorry. We cannot help you." Now I am out that $50 and 27 years of roadside premium out the window! I will be quoting and moving my 2 vehicles and home insurance ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I contacted State Farm to tow my vehicle because of a breakdown. They got the towing company and they referred me to an auto repair shop. They set up the tow to take my vehicle to the auto repair shop they recommended. The towing company that State Farm used towed my vehicle to an auto auction instead of an auto repair shop. The auto auction now cannot locate my vehicle. It is a holiday weekend so my vehicle will be missing for four days Instead of being in the repair shop getting fixed. State Farm would not give me a rental car so they left me stranded because of their negligence and lack of customer service.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018
Sadly I cannot give them less than one star. State Farm Auto Insurance is one big scam. I started my auto insurance with them, they gave me a little device to place in my car, account online was confirmed, payments are going through and such. One day I had an accident, it took me an accident to know my insurance was cancelled without any notification. I was never notified, payments were still going through, they did not even bother to email me, call me or send me a letter.

Because of them I was driving without knowing I had no insurance. Now, I’m still doing payments for a wrecked car as I want to maintain my credit score. I have enough proof of the above and I did file an official complaint. Of course when we called they blamed an employee saying they will conduct an internal investigation, how is that going to help me?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I was hit by a texting teen that ran a red light! Police report faulted her twice. SF was my insurance, one would had thought by the way I was treated by their claim team...that I caused the accident and robbed a bank at the same time... OMG SF you are so fired!!! I changed companies, but I just want to warn you all SF is a scam, sucking, pig of a company...bottom feeders, save your money, mentality & time... GO ELSEWHERE!!! To SF a huge **!!! from me!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I've had State Farm 7 years and I have never been in a car accident. April I was hit on the interstate and the lady who hit me only had twenty five thousand and my medical bills are sixty one thousand. State Farm is fighting my claim but has faithfully taken their payment every month for seven years. I can't believe this company is still in business.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

The proof of an Insurance Company’s medal is how they handle claims. State Farm used to be highly regarded but has deteriorated to plain awful in customer care. My wife and I were rear-ended by a drunk driver and seriously injured. It’s been 7 weeks and I have spent most of those 7 weeks making call after call to try and get some resolution for my totaled car, head injuries and dealing with the other (uninsured) driver. Even with my uninsured motorists insurance plus my underinsured motorists coverage I have received exactly zero dollars for any part of my claim.

I have rental car insurance. I tried to use that insurance and they have told me I’m no longer able because we’ve reached a “settlement”. I was really surprised to hear we had settled! I didn’t know of any settlement. When I remind them that I have not receive one penny in settlement, they told me we settled over the phone 3 weeks ago or so. They are taking advantage of two seniors by obfuscating procedures, and just ignoring requests for updates or action. I was told I am now responsible for $1,250 in towing and storage fees even though I turned the car over to State Farm right after the accident.

I have been paying them for a life policy, earthquake insurance, homeowner’s policy, 4 to 5 auto policies plus a $1,000,000 umbrella policy for 45 years. About $300 a month currently or $3,600 a year. For this, I get treated with disdain in the form of incompetent claims agents, confusing areas of responsibility for each party in their company, inaction and contradictatory “rules” and “rights” I have as a claimant. They are refusing to pay on a $600 rental car policy that I paid premiums on for years and years. That’s only two months of my premiums. There is a reason people advise you to use an attorney if you are involved in an accident. To fight with your own insurance company. This is State Farm... not Joe’s insurance.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My lawyer gave me a stack of papers that supposed to explain why State Farm hired a lawyer to find reasons why I do not deserve compensation for an event that occurred while trying to go home from work. After being forced to read the first couple of pages, I displayed apparent disbelief, angry, and embarrassment of what was documented in a fashion that decimates my character of my mental state and moral qualities. Everyone who knows me knows I been through a lot and has always wondered why I have not broken down, give up and or killed myself. The things that I have been experiencing is unknown or either drawn out which makes it hard to find a solution.

Grant it, everyone goes through something, and they may have hiccups and some unpleasantness involved but, for me, it been a wild ride that I just want it to stop. What prompted me to write this out because I wished to share my experience to help others and invoke change in the way people are treated and documented by people who's only primary objective is a success with money rather than progress and prosperity of the person’s quality of life. I maintained a desire to be successful and prosperous from the accident. Which means, I went to doctors to assist me with healing and gain strength to move on and be mindful of being more careful not to attract careless people who try to destroy my life. The prosperity I am seeking, and I assumed that my lawyer was aiming for, was having an ease through the situation, plenty of help or resources to get over the case with encouragement at having a better life after the occurrence.

When money is involved, the lawyers and doctors have proven that they lost sight of the purpose. Yes, bad things do happen to good people, and some wrong people get the good. What I did not expect in my wildest dream that most of the doctors who I partly trusted, paid for out of my pocket, and or with my insurance, documented occurrences to sum up my life by their opinion. The thought that the company I paid my hard earned money to protect me, “State Farm” hired lawyers and doctors to diminish and discount my actual pain and suffering from the accident. How did this happen? I didn’t go to the doctor or visited the same doctor for an extended period of time. I did not have entirely current insurance until now.

I never really had a primary doctor because, in my opinion, they have made people sicker than better. I am aware of the side effects and the death that they have caused with the drugs that they prescribed. I do know based on the financial situation of patients they only do the bare minimum of care. Since I been in Minnesota, my finances have increased and have steady insurance. I have been prescribed more medication than I ever have in my life. I have been offered a wide range of treatment and prescription that has been very expensive to only made me tried, made me feel worst, gained a great deal of weight and or made me feel worthless. That is because, I just see doctors during the times of sorrow, pain, grief, and stress. I never went to the doctor on millions of my great days.

I do have a complicated and busy life that I have handled on my own way raising two children who are 10 years apart, as well as being single, a family member, employee, and sole provider successfully for 24 years plus years. Yes, I have good and bad days like everybody else who are living. But for me, the bad do not define my life. My father and mother (who are still together to-this-day, before I was born) are hardworking people who instilled in me that for you to do great to have to do something. Sitting around being depressed and wallowing in self-pity is not an option. Laying on the bed and babysitting and licking my wounds never crossed my mind. I got a band-aid with some antibiotic ointment, took some ** and got up, went to work, and or took care of son and daughter, took care of myself and pay bills the best way I could. This something I have to do and will continue to do before and after the accident.

Personally, I have preferred more holistic treatment such as massages, acupuncture, eating the right foods, exercise, and meditation and even talk therapy before seeing a doctor. The papers that the lawyer gave me on December 14, 2017, only confirmed that doctor is concern about the kickback they will obtain from the lawyers and pharmaceutical companies for their bottom line to their business. I forced myself to go to the doctors these past two months asking for a full examination to see what is really wrong. I wanted to know what needs to be fixed. Those tests are expensive, and the insurance company is flooding my mailbox and voicemail trying not to pay the claim hoping that the MVA insurance will pay for these test. Even though I met my deductible and faithfully paying my 10% co-pay. They don’t want to pay for what I need to know to better myself.

Now I know my problems! The blessing is that none of it life-threatening. It hurts and uncomfortable at the time but, the great thing is that I can take care of these issues naturally. These past two months, I am seeing a chiropractor, well-being therapist, eye doctor, and a massage therapist. I take very little to no drugs, I wear my glasses faithfully, and I have been feeling much better now that I have I took ownership of my health and life. I have been walking more, lost some weight, I have more energy for my daughter and me. Top it off, I am doing great at my job. I have good and bad days with pain, but overall, I am happy. God has blessed me to be here this long, and I know by doing the right thing I will see more.

In some ways, I think the two people who ran into me from behind may have done me a favor because I had got more support and encouragement from my current job than I did at the job I lost when I had the accident. Then State Farm also notated my DMV record which increased my rate so I would be forced not to go to another company. So while they got their well known shark attorney to dig deep into my life to deem me as undeserving. I was faithfully paying them my monthly premium. I was driven to find another company that worked for me to fix those errors and provided me the best rate coverage I ever had in 3 years.

I love to have extra money to help pay my bills and do beautiful things for my family, friends and even myself. I am usually blessed with what I need to live life. Unfortunately, the insurance company and lawyers don’t think that at all, they want more and everything they feel that they are entitled to deem themselves successful and prosperous. We put a blind eye to stuff we feel we don’t have control over. Just like these sexual harassment cases coming up, they only accepted it because they were accuser is superior enough to make their lives miserable. So they don’t say anything.

When seeing the damage occurred in their lives because of it and realize that they have been wronged it time to speak out. They spoke out because they did not like how they were treated and wanted to prevent this ever happing again to others. In my case, I have been told there is nothing I can do about the lawyers and State Farms' decisions because our justice system allows these behaviors because they too benefit significantly from it as well. Will it ever stop? Who will ever protect us from greed? Deeming people for the glory of money is not justice nor fair.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I recently was rear ended by a 17 year male and filed a claim on 11/22/17. I have called multiple times and State Farm has not appeared to care about my vehicle and children that were in the car. State Farm has the worst consumer services. Filing a claim with them has been one of the worst experience of my life. Do not insured your vehicle or house with them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

After paying over $150,000 over 20 years on car insurance State Farm completely failed me. Is a very long story, that includes mistakenly cancel one of my cars without any reason or permission, failing to notify me of the mistake and having my DL and registration almost canceled. Let's just said that the most incompetent and rude person Marjorie ** works at George Meroni State Farm in Homestead, Fl. My best advice is: Stay away from State Farm. Geico offers better coverage for less money.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I recently received a call from State Farm Claims Department explaining the reason for my car rental being terminated as of that day. Roosevelt, was very rude and extremely unprofessional. He accused me of calling several times asking for extensions, which was not me. I asked him for facts only later to find out it was not me. He never apologize!!! Then it was escalated to his manager Lola, whom was just as rude. I have been a long time client of State Farm... I'm extremely disappointed in their services these days.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I was in my first auto accident and chose a shop awarded gold standard, has the Porsche contract, but not a State Farm network body shop. It's going on 3 months and I have not received my car. It’s completed but the case is not closed. It appears the body shop and State Farm are in a feud. The body shop has several locations in LA and is not a small operation. I received this email below today, after a claims representative dictated to me the language on the phone. Can you imagine an insurer to dictate this after working with the body shop for the last the eight weeks prior on this exact car? Additionally there are hundreds of SF cars at these facilities. I suggest the attorney general gets involved.

"We are writing to provide you with information about your recent automobile claim. Please be advised that:
• You have the right to select the repair facility of your choice to repair your vehicle.
• We understand you have selected Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay to repair your vehicle.

• We need to notify you that State Farm does not prepare repair estimates or complete vehicle inspections at this facility.

• We will inspect and write an estimate on your vehicle at your residence, workplace, or at an authorized Vehicle Inspection Site, prior to it being moved to Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay. The “Other Duties Under the Physical Damage Coverages” section of your policy, advises that you must allow us to inspect any damaged property before its repair or disposal.

• If your vehicle is already at Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay it will be necessary to tow the vehicle to an inspection site at our expense for an additional inspection. You will need to authorize Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay to release the vehicle for towing to an inspection site. State Farm® will pay a vendor of our choice to tow your vehicle to and from the inspection site. Upon our completion of the inspection of your vehicle, we will return it to your selected shop at our expense. We will not reimburse charges incurred by vendors not agreed to by us.

• If your vehicle is drivable, we can make arrangements to inspect your vehicle at one of our conveniently located Vehicle Inspection Sites, at your residence or another location convenient for you.

• Failure by you, or Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay, to release the vehicle for towing to an inspection site, could result in cost to you and delayed repairs.
• We will prepare an estimate for repairs based on what is payable under our policy. Our payment will be based on the original estimate prepared by State Farm or any supplements to it.
• Eli’s Collision Repair of South Bay may not agree with the repair estimate and any supplements to it. You may be personally responsible for the differences.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at **."

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On the 17 of November my husband was driving south on Andrew Ave and lady was coof Little Street and hit the front end of van 2010 Grand Caravan so I call State Farm and they did not take liability till a week later. Put me in a truck and two days later they call and said they going to total it out but I had a loan on it. They told me they not going to fix it. I ask why. It cost 7500 to fix it but they rather pay more to the car people and left me with nothing to get my kids around or able to take my sick children to doctor. I don't have any money to put down to get another van. How do that that make me whole. I feel cheated and treated unfair and no one will help me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We were sent a non-renewal letter in the mail. We were not being renewed because of my husband's driving record: a speeding ticket that was 3 years old, and a wreck that happened last year when a tree fell on our truck. We called our agent several times to file an appeal and never received a callback, so we started looking for other insurance. We found the same policy insurance, for a lesser price and so we wanted to switch all of our accounts.

I had to break down and call our agent once again to find out the process for switching our homeowners and make a plea, once more, to help save us the hassle of changing insurance companies, since we had been with State Farm for over 15 years. He did not help us in any way. In fact, he wanted to give me "advice" on shopping for new homeowners insurance. His condescending, egotistical attitude was felt through the receiver and I couldn't wait to get off the phone. I couldn't switch our insurance fast enough after that.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

My husband got a new car, called State Farm at dealership. Got insurance. Then days later he gets a call from a guy named. Garod in Wayne NJ and was advised that the person didn't run my husband details. So now policy had to be canceled and deposit would be refunded once New insurance is set up. My husband got new insurance OCT 31, was told money would be refunded a week later. It's Dec 2 and still no refund. Each week told it will be sent out this week and then the week pass still no check! Bad business! State Crooks insurance is what I call them!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

When I called to discontinue my policy because I found the same coverage for half the price, the person I spoke to (Lynn) was incredibly rude and actually hung up on me at one point because we were having a hard time hearing each other.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Why is it so hard to find an agent that will return calls? We are very dissatisfied with our local agent and want to change agents. Was told State Farm discourages against this, so guess we will go elsewhere. We were then told by another agent State Farm would rather keep us than low us because of agent, and that we had to call our agent and have them switch accounts. So my husband called our local agent, and as usual he never has time to talk and never returns calls. Always a fight with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased auto insurance for my vehicle online on October 30th at 4 am . State Farm online priced me for liability insurance for my car 180.00. I thought that was pricey. I had been driving a scooter prior and had one auto accident almost 2 years prior. I assumed that I probably would have high insurance. Well I shopped around when it was time that I could speak to a live agent. Now keep in mind I don't even have a drivers license. So for any policy to be accurate I have to have a licensed driver on my policy. I never put a driver on the policy with State Farm. I honestly don't know how they ever sold me a policy to begin with.

Anyway I found auto insurance for 70 bucks a month quite a difference in the price. So I called on October 30th at 9 o clock am to cancel my policy. They did cancel that policy on November 3rd they explained that the policy would have to be written which would take their system several days. Then they could cancel my policy. I understood and agreed.

It is November 29th. I still have not received my check in the mail. I have called several times probably at least 6 times I have spoken several times with supervisors. The first time I was explained that they should have done a flat cancel and refunded my money back to my debit card. They didn't say anything about that until it was too late to do anything like that. Every time I call they tell me my policy is in processing. I spoke with one supervisor. She said that my agent would issue me a check and Kevin ** the State Farm agent in Newton NC would be able to help me. I called his office to learn he can't do that. He says he has talked to the escalation department to expedite my issue.

This has been nothing but a hassle and I pray no one else will ever have to deal with this. I was told excuse after excuse just so this company could hold my money. I think they don't care. It is holiday season. I live barely week to week. I struggle to make my ends meet. I worked hard to gain my drivers privilege back. I believe if the owner of State Farm would lose his money and have kids and struggle to make ends meet on lots of people income. I don't think he would be so quick to let his employees just hassle his clients. I understand that this company has been around for many years. So that said they most likely have made plenty of money. To try and keep someone's little 180.00 seems ridiculous. If I could hire an attorney to take this company to court I would do that. They need to pay for treating people like this.

State Farm expert review by Matthew Brodsky

State Farm is one of America's largest and most popular full-service insurance companies. The company was founded in 1922 by retired farmer George Jacob Mecherle, and it has since grown to become the No. 41 ranked company on the Fortune 500 list of the largest companies.

• Teenage driver discounts: State Farm offers a unique program called the Steer Clear Safe Driving program, which affords families with teenage drivers insurance discounts if they complete State Farm's course on safe driving.

• Emergency roadside service: The company offers policyholders emergency roadside assistance should drivers run out of gas or oil, have a flat tire or lock their keys in their car (in addition to a myriad of other auto emergencies.)

• Rental reimbursement program: Drivers who get in a collision and have to rent a car while theirs is being repaired are reimbursed for the cost of the rental car by State Farm.

• Educational resources: The company offers customers and potential customers tons of helpful educational resources via their website, including helpful tips for purchasing the right car and equipment for the lowest insurance prices possible.

• Specialized insurance offerings: State Farm offers a selection of specialized auto insurance, including not only classic car insurance, but also antique car insurance, for cars that are older than classic cars.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car, and drivers who have teenage children who are learning to drive.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

www.statefarm.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use