Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
State Farm Auto Insurance
3.91/5
Based on 2,732 ratings submitted in the last year

State Farm Auto Insurance

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

BOTTOM LINE

State Farm offers auto, home, and renters insurance. Happy customers appreciate State Farm’s rates and say that their rates don’t automatically raise every time their policies renew. Having a local agent gives customers assurance that they have someone to turn to anytime they have a question or need to file a claim.

PROS

• Discounts for safe drivers, including good teen drivers
  • Network of more than 18,000 agents serving all 50 states
  • Basic and comprehensive coverages
  • Online portal for easy policy access
  • Discounts available when you bundle State Farm homeowners insurance

CONS

• No accident forgiveness option
  • Not all options available in every state

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

3504 State Farm Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have had State Farm Insurance for many (30) years, and I have always enjoyed the personal attention I get when I need to add or change insurance, or if I have a claim. Recently, I was on a trip, and was eating at a restaurant with family, and when I came out of the restaurant, my van had been severely damaged by a hit and run driver. We assume it was a drunk driver. When I called my State Farm agent, they were happy to hear that I was not injured, and then they were ready to work on the damaged van. From the first call, to the completed repairs, was TWO WEEKS! I am talking about some serious repairs were completed in TWO WEEKS.

State Farm has many Preferred Provider shops, that do estimates, and repairs for them. They are trusted, and certified shops, and that means it cuts through the usual delays, and gets the repairs done quickly. State Farm, paid exactly what they said they would, quickly, and clearly. My agent called to be sure everything was to my satisfaction, and the repairs look great. This is how insurance is supposed to work. I can't say enough good about State Farm.

My agent said that they are in the check writing business. I said "What?" He said, "If we don't write checks, then we aren't helping people when they need help." Now that is my kind of agent, and my kind of insurance company. I don't shop around for a cheaper company. Insurance is supposed to give you coverage so you can sleep at night, and have help when you really need it. I get that with State Farm.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I see all these negative claims against State Farm. So I thought I'd write a positive one. We've had a couple of claims in the past 5 years and both were handled to our complete satisfaction. Neither was our fault, but our state is a "no fault" status. The first incident was a young lady texting who ran a red light and broadsided my wife in our newest vehicle. Thank God, no injury to my wife but an expensive fix to the vehicle. And there was a witness. The second incident was unusual. We live in a condo and the snowplow driver never came so the slush built up and then froze. When my wife came home from work, she helplessly tried to stop in the driveway and slid right into the garage door. Both claims were handled very well. They have always been fair to us. The only reason I can't fully give 5 stars is because rates on older vehicles keep raising a bit every few months.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I was rear-ended by a motorist that had either no or very bad insurance and had to use my policy to get my car repaired. State Farm called me promptly on Thanksgiving weekend to tell me what steps to take and assign a file number. The person I spoke to could not have been nicer or more helpful. The car was repaired but had to be taken back for further repair and State Farm provided me with a rent car so I could make Christmas in Dallas area with my family. I had no problems.

I have been with State Farm for over 50 years - homeowners and automobile coverage and will never change. I have never had bad service or slow service. I had a home claim on water damage and was paid on the spot when agent came out to look at damage. I really do not understand the bad reviews as I have had claims from Texas to Arkansas over the years and not one complaint could I find. I feel very safe and well taken care of by the considerate and helpful agents I have dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I recently had my car broken into. They smashed a window and stole a travel bag I foolishly left in my car while shopping at what I was to learn by the responding police officer is a notoriously dangerous parking lot that the owners refuse to install security cameras in. State Farm's response was good. I had an appointment to repair the smashed window within 2 days. Although after filing the initial claim I was still unsure of who I needed to work with. That was not made clear to me by my local State Farm agent so there were a few unneeded back and forth attempts that I feel could have been avoided if my local agent had just told me to deal with their claims office. Also I didn't realize that even with full coverage on my car's policy only the comprehensive part applies to the replacement and or repairs to the car. No content coverage although my homeowner's policy would have covered the contents after the deductible.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have been with State Farm Insurance for over 30 years. I was with them when I learned to drive, and have been with them ever since. I have had multiple cars, and then renters insurance, 2 homes, and never have I had a problem with them. I've had a total of 2 agents. I have lived in 2 different states which is the reason for the 2 agents, and both were/are the most helpful people. State Farm goes above and beyond to do a yearly review with you on your policy to see if you need more or less coverage based on your situation. Driving more/less, having more items/less. It's a wonderful service. It's nice calling a company and them actually knowing who you are. I've unfortunately had to file a few claims, and they actually want to know how you are. Great feeling. Great people. Great company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Luckily I do not have State Farm for any of my insurance policies and after my bad experience with this company I never will nor will I recommend them to any of my friends and family. I recently was involved in a fender bender in which a State Farm insured motorist side swiped my car. I called the claims dept and from the beginning they were completely clueless wasting hours of my valuable time. I agreed to go to one of their approved shops (Manderbach Ford) for the repairs but they could not coordinate a rental call on numerous occasions. I explained the rental needed to be there when I dropped off the car in the morning as I had to go to work and was unable to take time off to deal with this situation. I was told this past Monday that Manderbach Ford would be providing a loaner car and all I had to do was arrive at the dealership, drop off my car and the loaner would be ready and I could go to work.

When I arrived at the dealership there was no loaner and Manderbach Ford had no idea they were suppose to provide a loaner. At this point State Farm was calling Hertz rental who would have taken an hour to arrive then another hour to drive me to their location in Berks County then another hour to drive to my work location. It was at this point, I told them to just send me a check and I would deal with the repairs myself since they were so incompetent in doing so. Immediately after instructing them to send me a check, I received another call from a claims agent and then Hertz rental telling me to wait for the car after I had already articulated I had to go to work and could no longer wait.

Now I am being charged a return fee for the minimal parts that Manderbach Ford ordered (they have no clue what that charge will be as I suspect they are making it up). I have to cover the costs of transportation while my car is being fixed and I have lost hours of work time and have had to deal with an unnecessary amount of stress. When I asked the claims department for the number of the complaint line I was told there was no number to make complaints. How convenient! I can only hope someone reads this post and takes their business to a more reputable company that actually cares about their clients. I will also not recommend Manderbach Ford as they were also less than helpful. I did nothing wrong and if having to deal with this situation is not bad enough and now have to content with an incompetent insurance company.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I was involved in an accident by someone covered by State Farm. While being rushed to a trans 1 hospital facility the driver ran a red light and hit the ambulance I was being transported in. I received 2 checks for the amount state farm State quoted. State farm stopped payment on one of the checks around 2 to 3 weeks after I cashed it. They never once sent me anything about not cashing the checks and the one that payment was stopped on I waited 5 business days before I cashed it. Now I am facing a criminal charge for cashing a bad check. I have been dealing with this for over a year now.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Pretty amazing that State Farm has a commercial on broadcast television showing that keeping your discount is more important than keeping your pregnant wife safe with having a baby. So the commercial indicates a woman in labor and the husband's wanting to get her to the hospital and she screaming stressed out don't mess with my discount. So State Farm is teaching you that your baby's life is not as important as your discount. How messed up is that? I have been with State Farm for just a year now and about every month they send me letters threaten me that they're going to increase my rate for this reason or that I continuously have to fill out forms, it just drives me crazy. Is it worth it? I'm not sure. I've never had a claim filed so I guess it's all up in the air.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Years ago, I was in an accident (my fault) and I asked State Farm if filing a claim would affect my insurance, since if it would I figured I might just pay the damages myself instead. They assured me it wouldn't, so I had them cover the damages. Months later, about a month or so from returning from a deployment, I received an email from them, telling me they were dropping me completely, and that I had a couple weeks after I returned to find a new insurer. I do give them credit for at least giving me that time, hence the two stars, but to not only do that after telling me my insurance wouldn't be affected by the claim, not to mention while on deployment, was reprehensible.

And coming back, things are very busy, so a couple weeks, hardly enough time to fully research insurance options under the best of circumstances, just added to the stress of everything. They lost a customer for life due to that. In fact, even the SF agent back home disagreed with what they did, so much so that he offered to cover me against their policy, which is the only reason I would ever consider them again. I would only use SF if I went through a local agent that I knew very well and trusted. But otherwise (and even then), I have no intention of ever doing business with them again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Mrs. Jenny ** has helped me for the house, auto, and umbrella insurances in the past 5 or more years. Jenny is very responsible and very efficient in providing the needs that I look for. Jenny is very friendly and very professional in her job. I highly recommend Jenny to be your insurance assistant.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I think the worst insurance company in the World. I had auto payment prepaid. So I got better rate from other insurance company and I canceled in middle of the month. They told me I’ll get my refund for the rest of days in my credit card automatically. Days later I didn’t see any refund, so I called and they said they will mail me a check. Later on they said they don’t owe me any money!!!! But I only used 15 days of the month but I already paid the whole month (automatic prepaid from my credit card).

The agent was so arrogant, unprofessional rude and explained me something not relevant, not even notified me by email/mail or in any official form. Bottom line is that they are not giving me my money back because I canceled my auto insurance with them and steal my money without my consent. With lot of lie and cheat. Be careful. Never put auto payment, they’ll take all your money without your consent and will never give your money back if you cancel or if anything happen!!!!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I was at a red light stopped in the turning lane. A truck rear ended me. He immediately took responsibility and gave me his insurance information. The next day I received a call from State Farm confirming responsibility for the accident. I sustained a whiplash from the rear end collision. The adjuster continually told me to keep track of my bills and they would settle up with everything at the end. In December of last year the adjuster stated “Don’t worry. You have two years to make claims and again stated, "Just keep track of claims and we would settle up in the end." I trusted him. I assumed I was dealing with a reputable company that would stand behind what they said.

Seven months after the accident when I called to let them know I was going to a pain clinic and let them know the cost they immediately took a very defensive approach stating they would not be paying for that and that they would not pay the claims I had already incurred. Their initial offer was 15% of my medical bills. After going back and forth numerous times they finally came up with an offer to pay 35% of medical bills. I was driving a two month old brand new car. They did fix it and pay for a rental car. They would not however pay for any diminished value. I traded the car two months later and took a loss on my car.

They also stated they would not pay for any pain and suffering or for any future medical expenses. They use a “formula” for settlement based on the amount of damage to my car rather than the damage to me. I just don’t understand how a large company can offer to pay expenses and then start a “negotiation” (adjuster's words) with you when you try to get reimbursed for expenses you have incurred in an accident that wasn’t your fault.

I threatened to go to an attorney. They said that would be fine. They evidently have a large group of attorneys on retainer that deal with minimizing payment for claims. I have retained an attorney but do not like the fact that I’ve been put in this position. I only wanted to be reimbursed for expenses I had incurred. It’s just not right. It lacks integrity. Very disappointing.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My three kids and I were involved in a accident on May 24, 2019. My agent and claims have been so unprofessional. They only care about money! They don’t want to replace my kids car seats. The investigation is still ongoing. They have yet to contact me once in return to all the calls I have placed. They bounce you around in claims from rep to rep. Nobody knows nothing. Last time I checked I paid them for insurance not the other way around. They failed to put me into a rental or even do a wellness check for my children which were hurt in the accident. They do NOT CARE! Talking to a attorney now to seek better options. Do not use State Farm! As soon as this ordeal is over, I will be switching! You’ve lost a valued customer of over 20 years!

Original review: June 6, 2019

State Farm refused to pay my claim at 100% even after sending them an accident report that clearly stated that their driver was at fault, after several calls back and forth I asked to speak with a supervisor to review the determination and was told flat out NO. They wanted me to assume 20% liability for an accident that was clearly not my fault. DON'T buy any insurance from them. They don't do the right thing. I ended up calling my insurance company, a lawyer and filing a complaint with the GEORGIA Dept of Insurance.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Why the totaled out my SUV. I don’t understand. It did little damage. They didn’t even give me enough money to replace it. They have took over a month and still have gotten nothing from them but yet they don’t want to pay for my rental car. I got hurt bad in the wreck. Knock out cold. Ever since it happened. I blackout, I keep headache where I cry and cry that I can’t even get out of bed. I pass out. I wake up on the floor head bleeding where I have hit the coffee table when I pass out. Been trying to get the over with so I can get me a different car. Larry ** office in Jonesborough TN is the worst place. The people who work there are rude and smart **. I have been the over 5 times and every time there is a reason I can’t gets check to even get a different car.

I have receipts where I have spent thousands of dollars on my Nissan Xterra. But they are not even giving me enough to replace it. But yet I wanted to keep it and fix it myself. I was told I could for 500 dollars. Then someone calls from total loss and says ohhhh noooo it will cost me almost 2 thousand to buy it from them. Lmfao. But they don’t want to fit it and don’t want to give me enough to replace it. They are a joke. I would never mess with State Farm. There are the worst company I have ever seen in my life. But I will show you the damage it did to my SUV. Show receipts of all the work I had done to it. Oh yea it gets worse. I was tired of going to Larry ** office and never getting nothing done. Been called a liver. So the called total loss to see if I was right. Which I was but I ask the girl to have them call me. I went out and sat in my car. But total loss called me and after about 1 1/2 hours later. He said go back in and I would get my check.

Well I look up and 2 Jonesborough police officers was walking up to my rental car. That girl has called the police. Said I acted like I was drunk or on some kind of drugs. I do not drink Alcohol nor do I do any kind of drugs. I still had total loss on the phone and told him that somebody in Larry ** office had called the police ‘cause I had been sitting outside in my rental car for so long. The guy at total loss named Micheal was like, “What!!!” Then he hung up on me. Police ask what I was doing. I explained that I had already been here 5 other times. I was tired of running back and forth so I was talking to total loss at State Farm main office. But he came out and said that girl said I was slurring my words acting funny. But I got out of car, did these test.

The police seen real fast I was not drinking or on nothing. But if that is how Larry ** of State Farm runs his office. He is as dirty as the girl who did that and State Farm total loss for cheating me out of my car. Then come to find out they was not even paying for my rental car. Enterprise was just as bad. They never called and said, “Your insurance company is has stopped paying for your car.” No they took almost 2000 dollars out of my bank account. Well I went straight and got a new bank card. They will not take no more money out. But you really need to stay as far away from State Farm as you can. Run. I pray this never happens to anybody. But I am sure I am not the first person they have done like this and I won’t be the last. Well God bless. I hope this helps others to see how this company for what it is. Thank you.

Original review: June 2, 2019

On May 5, 2019, I pulled straight in at the parking lot at Starbucks off of College St. I was stopped and there was no car beside me when I opened my door. Then someone in a teal colored Toyota Sienna swung in beside me real fast and caught the edge of my door. I was already turned back around getting my glasses out of my truck and I could hear a sound of metal against metal behind me. This driver had caught the edge of my door as he swung in. This guy, who knew he was wrong and had hit my door was talking to me in the Starbucks line as to whether I might want to sell my truck, and even said sorry as I left Starbucks.

Two weeks goes by and I get this email notification about getting my truck fixed in an email from State Farm. When I called State Farm, at my local office, they said this guy walked in the previous day (two weeks after he hit my door) and filed a claim with them. I had already alerted State Farm the day after the accident what had happened, in case this guy tried to spin a story.

Well he did spin a story, State Farm Claims called me, got my recorded statement, and then called me again within a couple of hours to say they were going to assume liability. They hadn't inspected my truck for damage or anything. They also didn't tell me what he claimed was the case. My local office said when he came in that he stated we were there in the parking lot at the same time. That is a lie! I was totally stopped, then he swings in real fast and hits my door. Needless to say, I am very angry that this goes on my record as an "at fault" accident. My claims department said, "you said you didn't see a car". I told them that meant there was no car there when I opened my door. It was as if they were calling me a liar. If you are in the market for auto insurance, avoid State Farm like the plague!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

While my wife was at work a tree fell on her car. It damaged the rear quarter panel to the extent that it should be cut out and replaced. The estimator at Courtesy Chevrolet decided that he would use Bondo on the damaged quarter panel instead of replacing it. I have done body work in the past and know that Bondo is a nice fix when you are in a pinch but in the long run it has a long history of cracking when it dries. I live in Arizona where the temperature can be extreme and I do not want to risk having to have her car fixed due to companies that I pay for services from trying to save money at my expense. I also know that my wife pays higher premiums for full coverage for a reason.

I spoke with the State Farm claims department and let them know that the only reason the body shop is recommending the use of Bondo is that if they repaired the car correctly the costs would come close to a total loss and the shop is trying to generate revenue as opposed to customer satisfaction. The State Farm claims department told me that if I wanted the vehicle fixed with new parts then I would be forced to pay for this out of pocket. It has suddenly occurred to me that the disclaimer on the website in regards to customer satisfaction and replacing damaged parts with new ones seems to be a far stretch at best.

I used to think that State Farm was an excellent insurance company; now I know that they are about saving money and have no concern for the customer. I would not recommend this company to anyone and I do plan on cancelling my wife's policy tomorrow. I also intend to pass my experience to on to all who come to me for advice. People rely on an insurance company to help them in the worst times of their lives. We have learned that State Farm is not the insurance company you should put your faith in and I encourage all who read this to not make the same mistake we did.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My two children I were rear ended in front of my 6 year old's kindergarten. The young driver that hit us must have been double the speed limit because it completely demolished my car. The claim handler said that the figure State Farm would put on the potential lost of life of my children would be 1000.00 a piece. Their client could’ve killed us or someone else. I have been unsuccessful in making contact with my claim handler since. I have left messages and faxed/emailed a counter offer that my family finds to be fair. I have been instructed by colleagues to retain legal representation. This review is a last resort.

Original review: May 25, 2019

My experience with State Farm was the Absolute worst I have ever had with any company in my entire life nor been ripped off for a truckload of my hard earned money that I saved up over 5 years and bought, fixed up & sold 4 older different pickups and I was able to pay half down on a brand new GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Truck loaded to the hilt with all the options that were available. 1 1/2 years go by and I put about 35000 miles on it, also still like new until I was on a Mountain road and this bicyclist comes bombing down the hill on a blind corner passing a car on the outside and there I went over and down the cliff about 30 yrds. I called State Farm while I was in the Hospital and told them. I too told the Truck, the agent got real excited, gave him my policy # and I hear a sudden click. He hung up on me.

Making a long story short, I received a call from the claims dept and filled them in. 2 days later a claims adjuster calls me then tells me the figure that State Farm's going to pay me. It sounded low to me. I almost blew a gasket, I said, "Look at the VIN one more time. Each letter and number represents everything, like eng size, trans, Etc." He told me the vehicle only had all the standard equipment,& accessories, that's how the vehicle's value is partially determined. I had a good friend in a different dealership down south. He researched a identical Truck, and lo & behold, State Farm stole close to $4500.00 from me after it was said and done. I should have gone straight to the State Insurance Board, then to BBB.

PLEASE NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH STATE FARM INSURANCE, THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CROOKS AFTER YOUR MONEY!!! I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope some people will find this useful and save themselves a lot of money along with a bunch of major headaches. Todd ** Northern Cal

Original review: May 24, 2019

My daughter's car was hit by a State Farm insurer. The expense to fix car was above the percentage they like to pay so State Farm totaled vehicle. They picked up the totaled car within the first week and sent a check to the local branch for pick up. The check was sent 7 days from the time claim initially filed, but we were not notified to pick up check for another 4 days. State Farm gave her a rental car for 7 days. But I called to ask if there was any kind of extension on the rental because the day the rental was due back was the day we were to pick up check. I explained we needed check in order to buy another vehicle and since we were just notified to pick up today could we extend a few more days...a week at most in order to find another vehicle and finance.

Considering this was not my daughter's fault at all, then I dont believe she should be penalized and be difficult for her. The representative I spoke with...her name "Angel"...was bit the least be helpful. Would not even attempt or try to help. She said there was no way to extend rental on car that it would not happen then asked me to stay on hold while she calls local office. I inquired as to why do I need to be on hold while she calls if she or state Farm is not going to extend car rental. I explained I understood being on hold if she trying to contact local office about just now notifying us to pick up check and that would approve an extension on rental but she abruptly and very rude told me again that No extension will be given but please hold so I again asked why do I need to hold? She said, "Cause it's an issue that we are just notified."

My issue is this - I need an extension on rental. That may be a state Farm issue on issuing check but my problem is transportation and of no fault of ours. She just kept saying no extension available. We only had it a week so I guess I am to assume we are to rush and find a good vehicle while working and school. Again I cannot buy vehicle without the money from State Farm and just now available to pick up. I requested to speak to her supervisor and Angel's remark, "This does not require my managers attention." Well how does she determine that? Maybe because she knows she was not helpful and would not take time to even try to be helpful or NICE?

STATE FARM please help and train your representatives to be Nice and Kind above all else. If she is there to help..then Angel is in wrong career! I have never wrote a complaint or bad review on any company... this is my first NEGATIVE complaint review and never have wanted a person to lose job or reprimanded on my behalf but this lady should not represent your company unless you want a negative opinion. If the rental is not available for extension then maybe a discussion as to explain policy and sorry for any trouble because I did not know if available or not and was anticipating a no on extension until Angel was rude and acted like she didnt have the time and concentrated more on the company issue than the customer.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Office manager cursed at me multiple times. 2 other office staff and my son were present. She said it was my fault. And that she would not give owner's phone #. I am now in the process of changing companies. I had home and auto insurance with them for three years. I would really like a rep to call me.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have not had a policy through State Farm in 2 years. Checking spam email, I notice a few notices from State Farm. I opened the most recent email and called State Farm to ask why am I receiving emails from them and they stated that they did not pay the remaining balance from the collision center so they were letting me know. I received a check dated 4/9/2019 for $257.13 from State Farm for the same amount that was to be sent to the collision center last month. However it was mailed to my previous address. I received the check and deposited it.

This week, I received a notice from my bank that the check has been voided therefore my account was overdrawn. I contacted State Farm and they said that they sent emails regarding payment to collision center, however I have not dealt with this company in 2 years. All of their emails were directed into my spam mailbox. Why in the hell would you mail a check to someone (in error) and not notify them by phone to state so. Or better yet use common sense to say, "Hey! We sent a check to this person in error, let's give them a call and let them know not to cash it" or how about send out an specific email stating a error in payment and, "Please contact our office asap," and void check # then I would not have this headache. Excuses is all I hear - never deal with this company again!!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I would NEVER EVER recommend State Farm Insurance to any one, not even my dog. They do not do what they say they will do and often leave their own customer/client holding the bag. State Farm only wants your MONEY! Hated to give them even a 1 star rating.

Original review: May 19, 2019

State Farm sided with the other driver's insurance company before ever speaking to me (their own customer). They confirmed that I was at fault and would be paying for all of the damage to her car. I called to complain and then when I submitted the police report they reversed their initial decision finding the other party 70% at fault. Short story even longer - I have since been sued in small claims court and this is just a never ending nightmare because I can't even buy a policy from anywhere else because clearly my record still reflects my being totally at fault in that ** accident. I am currently researching my legal options and may take action if they do not resolve this error that is costing me a pretty penny.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Worst in claims processing. They will drag the process for months, without reason. If we call the claims dept, they say don't have a timeline for anything. Have to spent daily 30 mins explaining the things and then hear the same status. Please go for a better insurance. Totally irresponsible guys.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Our agent informed us that motorcycles have automatic roadside assistance in the state of California through State Farm’s. The first time we needed a tow, we had to have the agent call to confirm this because roadside assistance knows nothing about it but it got covered after they called themselves. Now it’s the second time (a year later) that it needs to be towed. Roadside still has no clue even though they can see in their system that it has been towed previously on our policy. After talking to my agent, they also said it’s covered but now we have to pay for it and then bill them!!!!

I feel like this is an issue. What if someone on a motorcycle was broken down on the side of the highway and didn’t have the funds to pay immediately (then wait for a check possibly 3 weeks later). What if they were broke down and mentioned their phone dying then got out on a long hold, got a crappy response and told they would get a call back but never got the call back. It’s an awful system to say motorcycles are covered by Roadside but not mention it would be out of pocket for a 3 mile tow (estimated $150) and then you’d have to file a claim. Don’t fall for their tricks, it’s a hassle.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Wwe have had State Farm for many years. The only time I was not happy was when they sent our name to a shop to fix the car after a fender bender. The shop low balled our dealer but in the end, they were higher than the dealer estimate.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was driving home from taking my daughter to school. While rounding a turn a car had backed out of its driveway and I hit them, cut and dry I thought no fault on me. Recorded statement 40 minutes later was called and told State Farm accepted liability and to get estimates, less than one hour later received a call to say I'm 15% at fault because I did not do enough to avoid the accident, I asked if he was accusing me of intentionally hitting his client and he said no, but is that not what he said? I did not do enough to avoid the accident.

My wife is in Peru taking care of her mother with cancer. I take my mom 45 minutes to the doctor to treat cancer on her nose each day. My daughter will graduate high school soon and head to college and I need to waste many hours of my life to deal with these criminals accusing me of intentionally crashing my car into their client and they are basing it on google earth views never visiting the site. Corrupt to say the least.

Original review: May 11, 2019

State Farm in the past been excellent insurance company but it seems that as years go by the service has gone downhill. I don’t seem to get the same customer service that I used to get. There is a lot of changing agents making it difficult for me to get service and customer care.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I really love my State Farm insurance, they have always jumped on everything right away. They are always available for you! I have been with them for years and wouldn't trade them for any other...I have had offers, but they couldn't touch State Farm insurance!! Thank you State Farm insurance.

State Farm expert review by Matthew Brodsky

State Farm is one of America's largest and most popular full-service insurance companies. The company was founded in 1922 by retired farmer George Jacob Mecherle, and it has since grown to become the No. 41 ranked company on the Fortune 500 list of the largest companies.

• Teenage driver discounts: State Farm offers a unique program called the Steer Clear Safe Driving program, which affords families with teenage drivers insurance discounts if they complete State Farm's course on safe driving.

• Emergency roadside service: The company offers policyholders emergency roadside assistance should drivers run out of gas or oil, have a flat tire or lock their keys in their car (in addition to a myriad of other auto emergencies.)

• Rental reimbursement program: Drivers who get in a collision and have to rent a car while theirs is being repaired are reimbursed for the cost of the rental car by State Farm.

• Educational resources: The company offers customers and potential customers tons of helpful educational resources via their website, including helpful tips for purchasing the right car and equipment for the lowest insurance prices possible.

• Specialized insurance offerings: State Farm offers a selection of specialized auto insurance, including not only classic car insurance, but also antique car insurance, for cars that are older than classic cars.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car, and drivers who have teenage children who are learning to drive.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky