Safe Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Before you purchase insurance through Safe Auto I would recommend getting a copy of your DMV or motor vehicle accident report claims and accidents to them. SafeAuto will rip you off by adding additional accident so they have a reason to raise your rates. I was told 130 I must and they said I was going to be paying 230 now. They are cheapskates and they will use you in any way to raise your car premium. I highly recommend that you do not use Safe Auto. They are liars. They are users and they love to play games with your customers. I complete this was dissatisfied with the service I had to let my cancel due to the fact they wanted 300 premium to pay and so again I recommend that you have your DMV record to prove that what accidents you had. They will pull anything out of your ass to raise your rates. They raise mine claiming I had 5 accidents not 2 when I had 2.

Annoying. I pay 4-6 months at a time. Every 3-5 months, without fail, Safe Auto is blowing me up threatening cancellation. I know when I'm due. I know what I've paid. I have credit card bills to prove it.

I claimed a wreck on 3/2/17 and have just received a quote, a very unimpressive quote at that. Not only that but I am being charged for storage of the car because they do not pay for it after a quote is received. They stated this on the 9th and I got my quote the 15th. Claim was made on the 2nd. I have talked to so many different people that are handling my case, it is ridiculous. I would rather pay $100 a month insurance than this junk.

I can't believe this company is still in business. They completely prey on lower income drivers and those with less than stellar driving records. Why do I say that? One of the always rude agents outright told me so! They quoted me $70 a month and within two months it is somehow up to $190 - with NO explanation.

Literally nobody there can explain why.

Also the first few times I called I was given a different quote each time based on the same exact information. These people are unbelievably rude, and I am pretty good at tolerating that while remaining pleasant. But every conversation in the last two months has been a disaster, I hang up being polite then scream and vent to my spouse. We both work jobs that pay ok but after bills etc we're not left with much, this is the only company we can afford. Be warned that the low rates quoted are inconsistent at best, and nothing more than a ploy to lure you in. It's a shame because years ago I had a policy with them and they were wonderful. Not sure what happened. Note I am basing this on 5-6 interactions, not 1 or 2. Disappointing and extremely frustrating experience, issues not resolved but actually getting worse.

Last Wednesday, a driver hit my car and ran. The back is needs repair but is still drivable. I did a claim and it took 48 hrs just to get an adjuster. They never answer the phone. Was told yesterday that this falls under Uninsured Motorist and to drop my car off for repair. Get a call later today that they gave the police report, located the driver, but have to confirm he has no insurance. Until they do so, it is under collision instead which is bull crap. He hit me and ran. Obviously he has no coverage. Why am I being penalized? Definitely not a happy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Auto Insurance?

I was applying online for a quote for auto insurance from Safe Auto Insurance. I went online to get the quote and I came to find out the company did not want any credit information. They did not ask me for my credit score. The only thing they were talking about was my age. The simple fact I was 45 years old, but I have 27 years of experience on the road... I asked the person on the phone about the quote. The customer service agent, the woman kept talking about my age and how old I am. Then she kept telling me my quote of $304 down and $284 a month has nothing to do with my credit has everything to do with my age. She said the same thing 10 times to me, because I asked her different questions about my car insurance for my 2003 Acura 3.2 TL. I even gave her my VIN number, so she could give me the correct quote. But she constantly barraged me with enormous amounts of quotes for my car.

The other quotes she gave me or I got online for example: my second quote is for $119.00 with 5 payments of $99.00. Then they have third quote for car insurance $207.00 and 2 down payments of $187.00. The fourth quote for $296.00 and 1 payment of $275.00 and the last quote for car insurance I received was $536.00. These was quotes were from 1514913070.

I hope you can tell customers to boycott this business, and not allow them to receive any other vulnerable customers that will not do their homework and waste all their money on this car insurance company. This company, discriminated against me, due to my age as well as violating my rights to get quality, good and equal as well as affordable car insurance for my 2003 Acura 3.2 TL. I did not spend any money for this insurance, since I knew the lady was definitely trying to scam me out of my money or trying to see how much money she could get out of me today on January 29, 2017. I do not have a receipt, because I did not spend any money. I told the lady that I needed her name, but she did not want to give me her name. I told her I would call the insurance commissioner and report her and she just hung up the telephone on me.

SAFE AUTO: How they are the most stupid company on the planet. Let me count the ways: Signed up and days later I get the first bill. You call in, and there are three levels of push this number to get... Even huge companies like Amazon and Walmart do not have that many levels. HERE IS THE KICKER: Each month they send you your bill real early, WAY before it is due. If you do not pay right away, they send you a CANCELLATION NOTICE a few days later. NOW, mind you are not canceled. Nevertheless, it says CANCELLATION NOTICE on top. They are just sending you a cancellation notice ten days before your bill is actually due threatening you to pay on time.

I was traveling 75/85 North toward downtown Atlanta when Mr ** hit me in the rear of my Audi A7. I filed a claim with his insurance company (Safe Auto) two weeks ago and I was assign to ASHLIE **! Then a day later my claim was transfer to BRAD then now is being handle by Ellen **. I spoke with her and her supervisor Katie last week and I was told they looked over the police report and needs to speak to their client before accepting liability. I called Ellen on Friday and she told me again that they wanna give their client the chance to call them first but he doesn't call by Monday. She said they will accept liability base of the police report. Today 01/17/2017 at 11:41 am ET Ellen ** called me and said they wanna give their client one more week to respond.

I used to compare.com to get a policy on my new vehicle that I purchased. I am currently downsizing and had a $40k+ 2014 Tundra on a lift that I traded in for a 2017 Camry ($25k+) to lower my payments. I switched insurance to Safe Auto from Aggressive because they quoted me at 180 a month and I paid a $220 deposit. 10 days later they sent me a bill for $630 and when I tried to cancel and get refunded they only gave me back $40. They completely lied to me about the upfront cost, never mentioned that $40 was an application fee. (Total **. I did it online through compare.com.) On the phone and through emails I was never told this until I received this bill. They are dishonest and stole from me bottom line. I am reporting them to Better Business Bureau. Fair warning... DO NOT give this company your money.

So, Safe Auto claims I didn't pay in June or August. They claim the nonpayment amounts was on next month's bill. We knew absolutely NOTHING about it for 5 MONTHS!! ALL our bills they mailed were the same each month until just now. We suddenly got a bill saying we owe three times our normal monthly amount due!! I called and asked what is going on. GET THIS, I claim I didn't pay June (5 MONTHS AGO) only hearing this now. I said I did pay!! They claim I made the payment and it went through the I supposedly called my bank one minute later and claimed it was a fraudulent charge. WHAT?! Are you kidding me right now?!

WHY would I do that? So I call my bank and they have to keep records of anything reported as fraud or any disputes. Guess what? YEAH there were zero disputes! Safe Auto is charging me a bunch of surcharges etc... I asked them why didn't they tell me right away?! NOT 5 months later! AND why wasn't it on our monthly bill saying we hadn't paid it until now? YEAH real freaking shady!! Do not even bother with them! I know I'm done with them.

Okay, so my husband was in an accident in September, he barely left our home when an uninsured driver, with a SUSPENDED LICENSE for the last DECADE pulled into the oncoming lane and struck him head-on. He was rushed to the hospital, nothing broken thank goodness but he had some serious burns and abrasions from the accident, including one that was so bad he'll be scarred for life with it...

So I called our insurance first that day to report it. (I didn't know the other person didn't have insurance, we had to wait until the following Monday to get the report, but he didn't, and he didn't have a license, the owner of the vehicle didn't have a license, nor insurance even! Both were charged and still haven't even showed up to court to own up to what they did TO THIS DAY, and I faxed and e-mailed them the report several times!). We did everything right, my husband saw his doctor, followed his recommendations to see other specialists, he had to have an MRI, multiple x-Rays and cat scan, all the bills totaled close to $15,000... every week was an excuse, after the first two weeks they switched adjusters on me even!

First it was, "they didn't have the paperwork"... I mailed, faxed and e-mailed them everything they asked for... then it was, "they were 'getting it together'" (I'll say!) and then finally it was, "they've mailed it all off to the doctors." We're in Pennsylvania, a No-Fault State, they kept telling us that they could not help us until the doctors approved the hospital/doctor bills and then they'd have to pay those doctors/hospital and once they did that, and it exceeded our PIP coverage ($5,000) THEN they could work with us with the uninsured insurance (which by the way, we found out is ONLY medical, they don't help at ALL with collision with uninsured insurance, so if we wanted something for pain and suffering, this was the only thing we could, was wait on their time).

I painstakingly waited... for almost a full month, it's now November! And finally they call and say "The bills were approved, and checks were cut to the hospitals." I even double checked with the girl, asking her directly that the bills, mainly the hospital that WOULD EXCEED THE PIP, were approved, and she said yes, they were. I thought, I finally! Now they can just hurry up with the pain and suffering and we'll be on our way... So I called the 'other adjuster' because they handle PIP one way, and Uninsured insurance another... you know what the 'other adjuster' tells me? "Okay so your bills were only $1,500 and some change so they didn't exceed the pip so we can't help you on the uninsured insurance claim." WHAT?! HOW IN GOD'S NAME did $15,000 turn into $1,500?! She tells me, "Oh, the doctors had them 'reduced' - they filed some forms and made it happen."

That is the most INSANE LOAD OF BS I've ever heard. I know medical bills can be reduced, but not like that, never like that. I called the hospital right away and asked them, what happened, and they said they haven't even HEARD from the insurance company, not one of my husband's doctor's or hospital have! They've been waiting for a response so it looks like they're just going to be trying to FORCE the hospital and doctors to ACCEPT what they're paying them, and then try and take it out of my health insurance for the rest.

THAT'S BALANCE BILLING and it's ILLEGAL, especially in my state! I can't believe they think they can get away with this!! I was in tears, that day, but I'm ready to call a lawyer today and sue the crap out of them. It is the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard. This could have been so simple, but for them to go and do this... I mean, what's the POINT of having Uninsured insurance, if they won't help you when you're hit by an uninsured motorist!? There IS NO POINT. Needless to say, I'm done with this company. For everyone thinking this is a nice safety net, watch out, they will flat out deny you after trying to dissolve your bills into nothing so they don't have to pay the uninsured insurance, it's that simple.

My daughter was involved in an accident with someone insured through Safe Auto in September 2016 in a vehicle which belong to me. Both parties received tickets. My daughter's ticket was for driving in a center lane. The Safe Auto insured was cited for not having a driver's license and failure to yield. My vehicle was totaled.

After many attempts to contact the Safe Auto insured, the claim representative Melanie ** concluded that both parties were at fault and would pay half the appraised amount even though the Safe Auto insured failed to yield. Melanie ** has been very difficult to make contact with and when I did, she was very rude, yell, and transferred me another person's voicemail. I told her I wanted to appeal the decision and she said basically there is no appeal process and we had no other options.

My vehicle was illegally moved to a salvage yard and now we cannot find it. My daughter was told today that we had sold the vehicle to a salvage yard. This is not true as I still have the title in my possession. This company has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Now I'm going to have to get an authority to settle this with this company and the insured.

Safe auto is the worst auto insurance company in the world. I was quoted one thing which confirms amounts in email and charged double when I called the insurance company. This company has done nothing but lie and deceive consumers all to hold onto a few hundred dollars. Each time you call to cancel you are given new information that you weren't informed about before. They won't allow you to speak to a supervisor and will only transfer you to a line that rings and rings. Safe auto reps aren't even aware of how to file a formal complaint. This is the most bizarre insurance company I have seen. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

TRIED to cancel my policy because I sold my car June 10th. Here we are August 10th and they still have not reimbursed me for the month I paid for insurance when I actually no longer had the vehicle. After numerous phones calls and being misinformed repeatedly, I finally spoke with someone who knew what they were all talking about and I did everything required of me to do/send. Tell me why I still have not been reimbursed and why underwriting has done nothing to complete this transaction. Totally ridiculous and I can guarantee I will never use this company again. I will also be sure and let friends and family know what a poor excuse for a business Safe Auto is. Now I wait for a supervisor to call me back tomorrow between 11pm and 8pm.

Very disappointed. When I called I was told I would only be paying $114. When I called to make my payment they were charging me $207. How can it go up so much in one month? I just decided to go back to my other insurance where they keep the price the same. They sure don't keep going up on their price.

I called Safe Auto two weeks ago to sign up for insurance. After talking to the agent on the phone about the policy, I found out he lied about the policy he was giving me. He gave me state minimum for 122 a month when I was requesting for the same policy I currently have but the same company kept raising their rates with no car accidents or speeding tickets on my record. I called back after finding out I had minimum insurance that did not cover anything. They told me I can cancel if I send them documentation that I currently have insurance. No other insurance company would do that. If I don't want to do business with you I don't have to but they were forcing.

They then told me if I sent them copies that they requested I would get a full refund. A week has gone by and I called them back and they advised me I will receive 66 dollars back after them lying and now not giving me the full refund as they told me. I am currently disputing the charge with my credit card company that has been very helpful to me. Safe auto is a fraud and please no one use them. I don't want people to experience what I have ever.

I was involved in an accident over a month ago. I have Safe Auto. It took them one week to contact me about my claim, two weeks for the claims adjuster to call me, three weeks to tow my car to a shop and 4 weeks to fix my car! My policy covers up to $600 for the rental! I only had the rental 28 days at $20 a day, now ENTERPRISE is charging me $427!!! Now Safe Auto saying there's nothing they can do about it!

Some drug dealer runs a yield sign and hits my car head on. 2 crackheads come and get the drugs and gun out of his car. Then another car shows up to get the drugs and gun out of there before the cops get there. The car ain't even registered to the gangbanger. He lives over 100 miles away from here. He has full coverage insurance through Scam Auto and they won't even pay any money for insuring somebody that's a hazard to the road and driving around dealing drugs. They just laugh and lie. Safe Auto is a bunch of thieves that pretend they are adjusters. They need to be rounded up like the Knights Templar and set on fire for ripping off Americans.

My 2013 Silverado LTZ truck was hit by a Safe Auto insured driver as I was exiting a hospital parking lot. An SUV with blacked out rear windows backed out of a parking slot into my right front fender and door. Luckily I got a police report. It stated "contributing factors for accident" were "failure to yield" and "improper backing" on her part and the word "none" on my part.

After several weeks trying to get a response from Safe Auto they requested an estimate of damages which I sent to them totaling $4600.00. They sent a lady to take pictures of my truck and then sent me an estimate of $2400.00 for the repairs. Then they sent an e-mail stating that they "had no liability" in the accident and that I was at fault for the incident. When I ask about the police report they replied, "The police officer did not see the accident". After over three months of B.S. I finally got my truck half ** repaired on their estimate and a "take it or leave it" offer. Cheap insurance means virtually no insurance for their customers and anyone who gets damaged by one of their customers.

I was hit by a Safe Auto insured driver. They were quick and courteous when I filed my claim. The next day Kelli ** calls me and explains that an appraisal person would call me the next day. Also I noted that her time was 4:57p.m. My time was 3:57p.m. when she called meaning she called 3 minutes before she was off work. SMH. I waited 2 days no response. So I calls her I'm getting her voicemail every time. I sent her an e-mail in regards to my claim and she responds back saying her computer is having an issue and she apologizes for the delay. Why didn't she call? Then she says could I send her a copy of the police report. Whoa!!! Isn't that her job? She says it would help to determine liability.

So I ask her about a rental car. She says I have to wait and see if the other driver was at fault and to wait on the other driver’s statement. First of all my car isn't drivable since she hit the front of my car. Secondly I received no citations since she ran a red light. We also have a credible witness which is in the police report as well. Every time I call her no answer but she says she's always on her phone but she's magically available to e-mail me back and forth. WTH? Then she says she will call my witness to verify the information provided like I'm lying. My car has major damage and the whole front end is destroyed and I'm not getting anywhere with this company. Couldn't even see my family for the holidays due to no car not even a rental car. I'm very dissatisfied very unhappy and for me to sit around and wait for weeks is absurd. NO WAY!!!

My daughter was involved in a car accident with a Safe Auto insured. This happened in a school parking lot. There was a police report that cited the Safe Auto driver at fault. My daughter was sitting still. That was also noted in the police report. We contacted Safe Auto after we had obtained the completed police report. This accident was greater than two months ago. They have postponed handling our claim in which our daughter has been without a car and we have had to make other arrangements at much expense to our family. I not only called Safe Auto multiple times but each time that I called there was a new person handling my claim due to others being out of the office or it being sent to a different department. Even supervisors were not available to help me.

I faxed the copy of the police report that I obtained two times to them. They continuously put us off and say that they need to have a conversation with their insured to obtain their accounting of the accident. I understand that that is fair. However when their insured does not tell the truth about the accident and it conflicts with the police report this company continues to side with their insured. So now it has been more than two months my daughter is still without her car and I received your voicemail that said that the insured said that she was parked and my daughter hit her. This is completely absurd. I was actually a witness of this accident and I have never in my life been so insulted through a process. I wish that there were some governing official who could evaluate the processes of this company's practices. Very unethical unless you are a Safe Auto insured and you are at fault. I would never use them as my personal insurance.

I have had a pleasant working experience with Safe Auto. They have settled my claims expeditiously and I have had no problems with them or my coverage. My policy includes my car and my son-in-law's car. The premiums are affordable.

It is an affordable insurance with different coverage packages for your needs as a consumer. There are different deductibles. And as I stated before - very affordable. Rates do not go up with tickets or accidents.

I've had Safe Auto for over 5 yrs now and never had any problems with them. Their customer service is excellent. Their claims dept is fast and efficient if you ever need to file a claim. I'm extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good insurance company.

We have been with Safe Auto since April 2015 and haven't had any claims. They are pleasant when you call with a question or problem. I have no reason not to recommend them at this time.

Safe Auto is the best insurance company I have found so far because they pay their claims in a very timely manner, and if I have any problems they have a 1-800 number so I can speak with a representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These are imperatives I must have in companies I do business with.

It was not very good. They told me I qualified for a better rate then 2 weeks later they said I owe them more money for a ticket almost 4 years ago. They are very disorganized and do not explain themselves in a manner that makes sense. I am not sure I will be doing business with them in the near future.

Safe Auto is open 24 hours a day. They always worked with my age and my driving record. They were friendly, informative, and always available. Safe Auto has something really special about them. I hope more people check it out.

I haven't had much experience yet with my insurance company. It's cheaper than the rest so far. I enjoy that everything can be done online, from quotes to payment. When shopping I found that a lot of the companies that I wanted to check out didn't let me do online quotes or let me start the insurance online.

They have always been ok with me. I have never had any problems with them. They are a fair price and treat me normal. I have no complaints whatsoever about them. They have resolved any issues I have had in the past in a timely and accurate manner.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Profile