Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.17/5

Sherman Oaks, CA

Freeway Auto Insurance has many types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. At this time, it not an InsuraMatch verified company. Contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from multiple partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Freeway offers customers looking for low-cost insurance an easy, online method of getting coverage. Positive reviews appreciate the lower price and connections to national firms and the ability to sign up from the comfort of home.

PROS

• Affiliation with major insurance brands
  • 24/7 customer service available
  • Fast, easy sign up online or by phone
  • Plans available for cars, trucks, RVs, commercial vehicles and more

CONS

• Insurance office hours can vary
  • Wait times can vary

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Freeway Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

This is a big scam of money. I would not wish this on anyone. They give you a price, tell you what you want to hear then charge you more than once and double without even contacting you. That's the reason they want you to get it drafted. I cancelled them now. They saying they sent money to other locations. I do not recommend them at all.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Don't trust this company, they say anyone is welcome no matter what is the situation but that is not true. They lie about the prices (high prices) and their customers service is the worse. They don't know how to treat people, don't waste your time. Please go to a known company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Please don't waste your time with this company. It is the absolute worse. They wrote my policy with a company called United Auto Insurance Agency on September 9, 2019. Every since that day I have been trying to get the information on my policy complete. It is now October 31st and it is still not taken care of. I started getting letters each every other day saying things like they needed this or that. I gave signed and gave photos of my car when I set the policy up but yet they couldn't find it. So they were threatening to cancel the policy for lack of information.

So, finally Maria who wrote my figured out that I was missing a page. I signed it and she assumed me that was it. Everything was taken care of. Well no, now they claim I needed a declaration page from my previous carrier, so that cancelled my discount which increased my payments by $53. Mind you, I had absolutely no clue about any of that. My bank acct only had the amount of my normal deduction available. So, they cancelled the policy. I was hot! This company is trash. When you call customer service they send you to 3 or 4 ppl to explain the same stuff to. You can never reach the local offices. I am so done with this company! I do not recommend them at all. Their rating should be negative 0. After reading these reviews, I actually think the reviews I read previously were fake. Most of these reviews reflect exactly how I feel right now. Just stay away.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Please stay away from this company! They will wheel you in and make you feel like they are amazing. Well, the lies were too good to be true. It's a large deposit that they require you to pay (like 460 in my case). When I questioned what it was for, the representative told me it would cover my 1st and last installment on a 12 month policy, and the fees come out of the balance. They wanted 230 on one payment and 230 on another. My payments would have only been 167. So I figured it made sense to pay a little over 100 for fees.

They say they allow you a few weeks to pay the second portion, so we set up a date. Well, prior to my date, a different rep called threatening to sue me for the second half if I did not pay that day (even after I told him it was set up for the 1st of the following month). He said he does not see any notes. He was rude and said I would be cancelled without giving him my information. I was livid. Already being a victim of these hideous crimes, I was not falling victim again. But this is the icing on the cake!!! I called Infinity and they told me that the second payment did not cover any insurance payments. They stated that those are fees for freeway. I have never in my life paid over 300 to begin a policy, and if that was ever a quote, I would have not accepted the insurance! So I allowed them to cancel and went with State Farm for 220 to begin my policy (that included my payment) and 202 a month!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I spent over an hour on the phone and spoke with 6 representatives and one manager and they all were incompetent. One if them told me what they are trying to do would be illegal (to insure my Florida vehicle from LA), another told me I need to switch my policy then hung up the phone. Another one gave me quote of $399, when my first quote was $130. And the manager couldn't help me to insure my car. They made me spell my name and my address over 10 times and they couldn't even do the job. I called Geico and they insured my vehicle for a cheaper price for less than 10 minutes over the phone and set an auto pay!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Auto Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

First, Eliana ** never told me that the plan had a non refundable deposit. Like never mentioned it after researching for 30 minutes. I will leave out the part of how rude she was. Then I call to cancel and spoke to some guy named Gil who thought it was funny that I've been jerked around. As of today 10/10/2019, I've spoken to him twice and I'm positive he needs to go back to training. The first time I spoke to him, he told me that in order to cancel I will need to send a written request and the dealership needs to send an "on wire" letter corresponding what I said. Then tells me that the insurance company will reach out to me in a few days about the refund. Naturally, I refused to submit a handwritten anything because they didn't need a signature or anything to take my money.

So I called back and spoke with Robert. He seemed like he understood what was going on and to be honest, he is the only one that has legit helped!!! He provided me with the information I needed, which consequently included a handwritten letter, but it was received. I called the following day to check the status of the refund and spoke to a Jose who advised that I have a turn around time of 72 hours. Fast forward to today. Still have not received my refund. Spoke to Gil again, for him to put me on hold and allegedly contact the insurance company. He advised that they told him I need to wait another 5 business days.

I'm livid. I called the insurance company and spoke with a supervisor named Kim who advised that Freeway NEVER SENT IN THE CANCELLATION REQUEST!!!! So all the calls to them and them putting me on hold to obtain the status were just lies!! The best part of this story is I still have not gotten my $312.00 back and according to Kim, they can only mail a paper check and that may take another 2 weeks!!! I will never use this service again. Save yourself a headache and do not use these scam artists!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

On 8/23/2019 I called different insurance companies to get quotes for a car I just bought. I decided to go with Freeway insurance because they had a pretty good quote. I was originally quoted around $140 to start services and my payments would be $41 per month. After calling to set up my policy I was told I could pay $120 that day and I would have to pay an additional $200 and that would go towards my bill. I agreed and told them I would have to wait till I got off work to deposit the money in the bank. I told him to call me back when he took the payment which he never did. I called him back around 4:30 and asked why he didn't call me before taking the payment and he just said he was sorry, not okay. I told them I would schedule the other payment for a later date when I got paid.

On 9/19/19, I ended up getting a policy cancellation notice in the mail. It was too late to call them regarding this matter so I had to wait until 9/20. Freeway insurance took the $200 out of my account on 9/20/19. Now I'm out $320 dollars which is just about half my pay for the month and I will no longer have insurance. On 9/20/19 I called Freeway insurance first thing in the morning at 8:30 when they opened to stop the payment and figure out what was going on. The guy I spoke with said sorry for the misunderstanding the $200 goes to the insurance company and I needed to contact them about the $200.. which didn't make sense because Freeway insurance took the payment.

I called the insurance company National General and they said they haven't received anything from me and they know nothing about $200. They told me I needed to call Freeway Insurance and my policy would be cancelled if I didn't pay them $57.. including late fees. So I called back Freeway insurance and they still acted like they didn't have a clue about the $200, I told them I do not give them authorization to take the payment, then all of a sudden came out and said they are brokers fees and "oh well, the payment has already been taken out." No one ever told me about brokers fees.

I got frustrated and called my bank and they confirmed Freeway insurance took out $200. I called back Freeway to cancel my services because of how I had just been scammed, they said they will send a form but they can't refund my money. $320 later, no insurance, now problems with the DMV... I can't afford to get anything else at the moment… and on top of all that it hasn't even been the full month! I tried to put a stop payment but the transaction is currently pending and they said they can't do that and I had to wait until it's posted. I'm beyond upset. On 9/26 at 4:03 I received a call from the Freeway insurance retainment office. I explained the whole thing all over again because the guy said there were no notes on my account, he was just given my number to call and try to save. He was apologetic but still wasn't able to help me or get me a refund.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July from Freeway only to find out that one of my vehicles would not be covered a month later. I called for two day to the original Freeway office that initially set up my policy and I received no help. The call was transferred to her and she was amazing. She need to teach a customer service class for Freeway Insurance Agents.

Original review: July 5, 2019

This company will offer you a low down payment but beware, even if you cancel your policy they will continue to charge your account or card on file and will refuse a full refund stating that these are $300 worth of brokers fees. I paid $280 for 9 days of car insurance..when I found a better deal Eddie from Freeway Insurance said he can't offer a refund and can't offer insurance. Just his apology. I'll let everyone on my social media know how your company does business.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Stay away from this company!! I repeat stay awayyy!! I paid 361.00 for 1 month. A month later I got a letter from DMV saying I have to pay a fine for not having insurance. So I am confused now and I end up calling Freeway Insurance only for them to tell me that it was a down payment and that I was only covered for 20 days?! I was never told this. I even had all the proof that says I would be covered for a month but the person I speaked to through the phone could care less to what I had to say. Saying it's not their fault and being so rude. Dont want to refund my money or anything. I have never ever been scammed like this from a insurance company in the 7 years I been driving. These people need to be shut down asap. This is really wrong!!

Freeway Auto Insurance Company Information