2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Sherman Oaks, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Freeway Auto Insurance has many types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. At this time, it not an InsuraMatch verified company. Contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from multiple partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Freeway offers customers looking for low-cost insurance an easy, online method of getting coverage. Positive reviews appreciate the lower price and connections to national firms and the ability to sign up from the comfort of home.

PROS

• Affiliation with major insurance brands
  • 24/7 customer service available
  • Fast, easy sign up online or by phone
  • Plans available for cars, trucks, RVs, commercial vehicles and more

CONS

• Insurance office hours can vary
  • Wait times can vary

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Freeway Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 30, 2020

Horrible service! It took me more than a month to get my policy cancelled. Every time I called, they would transfer me to another department or ask to prove that I have a new insurance. I spoke with at least ten people and more than 6 emails, they still charged me again. I would never do business with them, nor recommend it to my friends.

Original review: June 23, 2020

My agent completely mislead me... He pocketed my 6 months payment 370.00. I've called multiple times being passed around.. Nothing was disclosed. I never received any paperwork or emails showing where my money was going until I started investigating.. Freeway is not an insurance agency. Do not use them. They are shady brokers who will rob you.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Liars, Thief’s and poor Service at Freeway and Cost U Less. Customer Care Sucks! Troy quoted us $225 down and $87 a month undercutting his fellow Salesperson by $25 down. Troy then deducted the $225 from credit card before sending us contract. When we saw the extra $127 due in two weeks in said he thought he told us (3 people were told the same lie). We called Customer Care and 3 calls and about 3 hours on hold they said son shouldn’t have online signed contract and we %}^^{ pound sand. They don’t care that their people lie and cheat their customers. They refuse to take care of Customers! Don’t go there!!!

Original review: May 13, 2020

March 18th we signed up with Freeway insurance to later find out we didn’t actually need insurance yet so we canceled right away. We were charged $123 that day and were told we’d be refunded. 2 weeks later they charged me another $200. We called to get that refunded and they assured us it was a mistake and it all would be refunded. They asked, we provided bank statements proving those charges happened, which we provided. 2 weeks later we call to get an update on our refund. The agent looks up our information, confirms bank statements have been provided and we’ll be issued a refund in probably a couple weeks. Things are backed off because of the coronavirus, understandable.

Today we receive a phone call informing all we’ll be issued is $10. Of course we’re not happy with that so out of the pure kindness of their hearts they offer us $50 to resolve the issue. I attempt to call them back to come up with a more practical number and I’m given the run around literally for hours to the point it was almost (almost) laughable, I ended up in a freeway insurance out of Washington (I’m in CA).

Finally I get the top boss, supervisor Gabriel. He’s out of the corporate office, so I’m told. He assured me, "I’m the last form of communication and that the manager doesn’t take calls". I explained to him the situation and he told me, "Sounds like you’re declining my $50 offer from earlier". I told him, "No, I’m not declining your offer but you have to understand I’m trying to get back as much as I can for of my refund and I don’t see how $50 is justifiable to the $323 owed". He told me it should be $10 but out of the kindness of his heart he’s bumping it up to $50! I asked who he was and he was and that’s when he told me he was the supervisor, Gabriel. I asked if could speak to a manager and he told me no, then proceeded to tell me since I’m asking for the manager I must be wanting to decline his $50 offer, then he told me he could just transfer to me to another supervisor and I could get nothing. Feeling defeated, I hung up.

Original review: April 17, 2020

As a company I have been with for years I was very disappointed to hear how quick they were to cancel my insurance and not grant me an extension for non-payment, during this crisis. Thanks for doing me the favor. I am now a happy Progressive customer.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Well they do give the lowest prices no arguing there. But when I paid on Feb. 25th 2020, my agent, Jessica **, told me my downpayment would cover me the first 30 days then afterwards it'll be so and so a month.. I got my policy in the mail to find out my down payment which was doubled my actual monthly payment did not cover me 30 days but only 15. With concerns, I call customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor. Mauricio, who answered asked for the policy number and such and so no problem. But when he asked what the problem was, I told him it's personal info and between the supervisor and me.

He then told me he won't transfer me until I tell him. Knowing my right to speak to a supervisor, whose product I just paid for, without having to give him my personal information, I told him I'm not tell him and to transfer me. He told me no, not until I answer him. Being a little worried, I asked who for his first and last name and employee number and he said he's not telling me until I tell him my social, name, number and address. Right then I hung up.

I called back to speak to someone else and asked him to transfer me to a supervisor or to drop my policy immediately just for him to hang up on me. So now I have negative effects on my credit because no one would simply let me talk to a supervisor, I have late payments because I have to start paying 15 days after instead of a whole month like being told. So I sent an email to the CEO Joseph Waked a few days ago and to this day, still nothing.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

They refuse to explain fees, send you email documents to sign that are not completed or illegible. I ended up paying $298 for 19 days of PL & PD coverage for a 1996 Jeep!! Then they stalled around for 2 days when I was trying to cancel the coverage. And to add insult to injury charged an additional $44.76 cancellation fee!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Okay so I got service from Freeway and fast forward 3 months later they canceled my service with them and took my money. I paid 2,200 to them and come to find out I never had service so they said they would refund my money and that was last week so until I get my money they stole 2,200 from me please please dont go to this company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

This is a big scam of money. I would not wish this on anyone. They give you a price, tell you what you want to hear then charge you more than once and double without even contacting you. That's the reason they want you to get it drafted. I cancelled them now. They saying they sent money to other locations. I do not recommend them at all.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Don't trust this company, they say anyone is welcome no matter what is the situation but that is not true. They lie about the prices (high prices) and their customers service is the worse. They don't know how to treat people, don't waste your time. Please go to a known company.

Freeway Auto Insurance Company Information