Sherman Oaks, CA

4.7/5 (69 ratings)
Get a Quote  on SmartFinancial

About Freeway Insurance

Freeway Insurance is a broker that offers multiple types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. The company provides low-cost insurance and easy online access to coverage. Freeway’s customer service representatives speak both Spanish and English, and the company has insurance options for high-risk drivers.

Pros

• Serves Spanish and English speakers
  • Compares various providers
  • Covers high-risk drivers

Cons

• Poor customer reviews
  • High brokerage fees

Bottom Line

Freeway is a car insurance brokerage company. It offers a variety of coverage and specializes in affordable policies for high-risk drivers. Its customer reviews are largely poor, with claims of hidden fees.

Top Freeway Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July ...

Verified

I just bought a policy from a wonderful gentleman named Richard ** (Representative Golf Course location in Rio Rancho, New Mexico). I’m on a fixed income, he gave me several optio...

What is Freeway Insurance?

Freeway is an insurance brokerage company that compares rates from various providers to help you find the best auto coverage and price. It works with drivers with previous DUIs or tickets and those who require SR-22 policies. Freeway employs both English- and Spanish-speaking agents, all available in person or by phone. It’s a popular choice for high-risk drivers, but customer reviews often report high brokerage fees or other hidden fees.

Freeway Insurance auto coverage

Freeway Insurance doesn’t directly sell coverage. Instead, it connects you with various auto insurance companies. Depending on the provider you choose, coverage options might include:

• Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle in case of an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • Comprehensive: Covers damage not related to an accident, such as fire, theft, acts of nature and more.
  • DUI: While not technically an insurance policy, it’s difficult to get insurance with a DUI on record — Freeway says it can help those with poor driving history find coverage.
  • Gap: Pays off your loan balance if your car is totaled.
  • Liability: Covers property damage when you’re at fault.
  • Medical payments: Covers medical costs for you or anyone else involved in an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • No-fault: Also known as personal injury protection. Covers medical expenses and possibly loss of income, essential services, survivor benefits and accidental death and funeral expenses.
  • Rental car reimbursement: Covers rental car costs while your covered car is repaired.
  • SR-22: Proves you have insurance meeting your state’s minimum requirements. Usually required for high-risk drivers.
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Covers accidents with drivers who either don’t have adequate insurance or have no insurance at all.

Freeway auto insurance quotes and rates

Freeway’s pricing varies greatly depending on a number of factors: your location, driving history, age, gender and more. The company claims it can match drivers to affordable insurance no matter their circumstances, but keep in mind Freeway charges brokerage (and other) fees. Several customer reviews mention final payments significantly higher than the initial quote.

Discounts can help lessen your premiums. Freeway offers:

• Bundle discounts
  • Good driver discounts
  • Military discounts
  • Multicar discounts
  • Student discounts

Freeway auto insurance FAQ

Does Freeway offer full coverage car insurance?
Yes. Full coverage insurance includes liability protection, personal injury protection, collision coverage and comprehensive coverage.
Where is Freeway available?
Freeway Insurance covers drivers all across the U.S. and has offices in 22 states.
Does Freeway offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Freeway also offers home and property, business, health and life insurance — and more.
Can you get car insurance quotes online with Freeway?
Yes, Freeway offers online quotes, which require basic information like ZIP code, name, birthdate, gender, marital status and driving history.

Is Freeway Insurance good?

Freeway Insurance specializes in auto coverage for high-risk drivers struggling to find affordable policies. If you have a ticket, DUI or other strike on your driving record, Freeway claims it’ll find a policy that meets your budget. For drivers with few coverage options, Freeway might be a good option — but if you’re a low-risk driver, it’s probably ideal to request quotes from companies directly to avoid hidden brokerage fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

They were pretty nice to us. They got us the same day insurance and they started us with Progressive. So, we've been pretty happy. The only problem I had with the customer service part was that I didn't realize they had different offices everywhere. So I kept getting a call from each office saying that I didn't finish the application. I said, “Look, I just got done talking to this lady. And I did already. We already got the insurance.” But they said, “No, no, no. Our records show you don't.” Then I told them that we already did. But everything else was pretty fine.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Sheri, we are glad to know our agents provided the best customer service. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us Freeway. We’re here for you anytime.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

In order to get my license out of suspension, Freeway Insurance was the only one who could come through for me. This is a one year thing I've been going through. Freeway worked with me and I know I was a headache. I was to the point of cursing people. I was done. But they held their patience with me and they worked with me.

Barbara researched, checked and worked with me. We had to go back and forth. Virginia was rejecting my insurance, and she would go in and redo it. It would be rejected again and she would go in and up it more. I had to wind up getting 50,000, 100,000, $25,000 coverage. And she started me at the basic. She tried, but they didn't expect it. So, we worked stuff until she gave me an insurance that they had no problem accepting, and it was a journey. Freeway backed my declaration paid to DMV. They just notified me that everything was good. Freeway came through. I’ve been grateful.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Patrica, thank you for sharing your personal experience you had with us. This help us Freeway to enforce our customer service procedures as well as learn new ways to make the process easy for you. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I liked the knowledge Freeway Insurance had, the information that I needed, and the speed. I don't drive much, so it was the best for what I needed. This is my fourth policy with them. This one was awesome, because they automatically take my payments out of my thing. With the other policy, I had to keep calling every month to pay it. And sometimes, I forget my day. So, I'm supposedly set up autopay. If I didn't, they let me know, so I could figure out what I can do. As long as they have a website, I should have no problem. I'm happy with my insurance.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello William, thank you for sharing your positive experience. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority here at Freeway and we look forward to finding better ways to serve you. Have a great day! Have a great day!

Original review: July 27, 2022

The Freeway agent that I had when I was setting up the insurance itself was very good. He was really patient with me and was very resourceful. He even called me back several times to make sure that I was going to be able to get the insurance. The process was very easy and super simple. When I was on the phone with my agent, he was able to give me a quote within the same phone call, and the phone call wasn't more than 20 minutes. Because of the situation that I was in, he was able to help me out too to be able to get a fee taken off so that I was able to afford my plan and I was able to get right into it.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Christian, thank you so much for taking the time to provide a feedback. We are delighted that you rate our service as 5 Star and that you received the best price for your car insurance. Freeway looks forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I work in Cove and there’s a place right up the road where I go to every time to pay the insurance. It’s not even five minutes up the road from when I get off work. There’s also been a few times when I called a number and paid it. The bill would come in the mail and there’s a number on there. I can call it with a debit card, but they charge a bit more. I've had no issues with each one of the ladies that I go to to pay the insurance, or even when I call the number and pay it. The only bad thing about Freeway Insurance is if I go to add something on and I get a quote, I need to do it that day. It’s crazy.

Three days before I got my new pickup, I got a quote of how much it would be to add the insurance on and take the other one off another truck that I sold and traded in. Three days later, I went in, thinking it was the same amount, and it was close to $50 more. I was told that it fluctuates every day. Today, I can call them, get a quote, give them a VIN number and say, “Okay, this is what I bought, and I want to add it. But I’m not gonna add it until tomorrow. I need a quote of what it’s gonna be.” They’ll give me a quote and say, “Okay, it’s gonna be this much. But tomorrow, it could change.” The amount may be lower or higher, and it makes no sense.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Glenn, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime! Freeway appreciates the feedback and please email us if you need assistance regarding a change.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Freeway's customer service was great.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Traci, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at Freeway. We are happy you had a positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The rep that I dealt with was very helpful. She gave me all the information I needed. I had Freeway before but I haven't driven in two years due to a stroke. Now that I'm able to drive, I went back to them because I liked their service. I was a little scared. But the rep gave me information on what to do. She told me what full coverage covered and liability so then I went ahead and I got the full coverage. Everything's been great.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Amal, thank you for choosing us. We’re glad to hear that you were satisfied with your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Freeway in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Freeway is better compared to others. I had a good interaction with their customer service rep.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Margarita, thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers. Freeway appreciates you!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Freeway is way better and a lot cheaper than the company I had before. They're efficient, too. The customer service reps were really good. They hooked me up very fast.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Bryan, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We love to know that you received the best rate and service for your car insurance! Freeway is always looking to help you find better solutions. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I like Freeway's price and their rep was very good.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Arturo, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Freeway Insurance Company Information