Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.18/5

Sherman Oaks, CA

Freeway Auto Insurance has many types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. At this time, it not an InsuraMatch verified company. Contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from multiple partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Freeway offers customers looking for low-cost insurance an easy, online method of getting coverage. Positive reviews appreciate the lower price and connections to national firms and the ability to sign up from the comfort of home.

PROS

• Affiliation with major insurance brands
  • 24/7 customer service available
  • Fast, easy sign up online or by phone
  • Plans available for cars, trucks, RVs, commercial vehicles and more

CONS

• Insurance office hours can vary
  • Wait times can vary

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Freeway Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I spent over an hour on the phone and spoke with 6 representatives and one manager and they all were incompetent. One if them told me what they are trying to do would be illegal (to insure my Florida vehicle from LA), another told me I need to switch my policy then hung up the phone. Another one gave me quote of $399, when my first quote was $130. And the manager couldn't help me to insure my car. They made me spell my name and my address over 10 times and they couldn't even do the job. I called Geico and they insured my vehicle for a cheaper price for less than 10 minutes over the phone and set an auto pay!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

First, Eliana ** never told me that the plan had a non refundable deposit. Like never mentioned it after researching for 30 minutes. I will leave out the part of how rude she was. Then I call to cancel and spoke to some guy named Gil who thought it was funny that I've been jerked around. As of today 10/10/2019, I've spoken to him twice and I'm positive he needs to go back to training. The first time I spoke to him, he told me that in order to cancel I will need to send a written request and the dealership needs to send an "on wire" letter corresponding what I said. Then tells me that the insurance company will reach out to me in a few days about the refund. Naturally, I refused to submit a handwritten anything because they didn't need a signature or anything to take my money.

So I called back and spoke with Robert. He seemed like he understood what was going on and to be honest, he is the only one that has legit helped!!! He provided me with the information I needed, which consequently included a handwritten letter, but it was received. I called the following day to check the status of the refund and spoke to a Jose who advised that I have a turn around time of 72 hours. Fast forward to today. Still have not received my refund. Spoke to Gil again, for him to put me on hold and allegedly contact the insurance company. He advised that they told him I need to wait another 5 business days.

I'm livid. I called the insurance company and spoke with a supervisor named Kim who advised that Freeway NEVER SENT IN THE CANCELLATION REQUEST!!!! So all the calls to them and them putting me on hold to obtain the status were just lies!! The best part of this story is I still have not gotten my $312.00 back and according to Kim, they can only mail a paper check and that may take another 2 weeks!!! I will never use this service again. Save yourself a headache and do not use these scam artists!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

On 8/23/2019 I called different insurance companies to get quotes for a car I just bought. I decided to go with Freeway insurance because they had a pretty good quote. I was originally quoted around $140 to start services and my payments would be $41 per month. After calling to set up my policy I was told I could pay $120 that day and I would have to pay an additional $200 and that would go towards my bill. I agreed and told them I would have to wait till I got off work to deposit the money in the bank. I told him to call me back when he took the payment which he never did. I called him back around 4:30 and asked why he didn't call me before taking the payment and he just said he was sorry, not okay. I told them I would schedule the other payment for a later date when I got paid.

On 9/19/19, I ended up getting a policy cancellation notice in the mail. It was too late to call them regarding this matter so I had to wait until 9/20. Freeway insurance took the $200 out of my account on 9/20/19. Now I'm out $320 dollars which is just about half my pay for the month and I will no longer have insurance. On 9/20/19 I called Freeway insurance first thing in the morning at 8:30 when they opened to stop the payment and figure out what was going on. The guy I spoke with said sorry for the misunderstanding the $200 goes to the insurance company and I needed to contact them about the $200.. which didn't make sense because Freeway insurance took the payment.

I called the insurance company National General and they said they haven't received anything from me and they know nothing about $200. They told me I needed to call Freeway Insurance and my policy would be cancelled if I didn't pay them $57.. including late fees. So I called back Freeway insurance and they still acted like they didn't have a clue about the $200, I told them I do not give them authorization to take the payment, then all of a sudden came out and said they are brokers fees and "oh well, the payment has already been taken out." No one ever told me about brokers fees.

I got frustrated and called my bank and they confirmed Freeway insurance took out $200. I called back Freeway to cancel my services because of how I had just been scammed, they said they will send a form but they can't refund my money. $320 later, no insurance, now problems with the DMV... I can't afford to get anything else at the moment… and on top of all that it hasn't even been the full month! I tried to put a stop payment but the transaction is currently pending and they said they can't do that and I had to wait until it's posted. I'm beyond upset. On 9/26 at 4:03 I received a call from the Freeway insurance retainment office. I explained the whole thing all over again because the guy said there were no notes on my account, he was just given my number to call and try to save. He was apologetic but still wasn't able to help me or get me a refund.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July from Freeway only to find out that one of my vehicles would not be covered a month later. I called for two day to the original Freeway office that initially set up my policy and I received no help. The call was transferred to her and she was amazing. She need to teach a customer service class for Freeway Insurance Agents.

Original review: July 5, 2019

This company will offer you a low down payment but beware, even if you cancel your policy they will continue to charge your account or card on file and will refuse a full refund stating that these are $300 worth of brokers fees. I paid $280 for 9 days of car insurance..when I found a better deal Eddie from Freeway Insurance said he can't offer a refund and can't offer insurance. Just his apology. I'll let everyone on my social media know how your company does business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 15, 2019

Stay away from this company!! I repeat stay awayyy!! I paid 361.00 for 1 month. A month later I got a letter from DMV saying I have to pay a fine for not having insurance. So I am confused now and I end up calling Freeway Insurance only for them to tell me that it was a down payment and that I was only covered for 20 days?! I was never told this. I even had all the proof that says I would be covered for a month but the person I speaked to through the phone could care less to what I had to say. Saying it's not their fault and being so rude. Dont want to refund my money or anything. I have never ever been scammed like this from a insurance company in the 7 years I been driving. These people need to be shut down asap. This is really wrong!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I obtained a second vehicle and my current policy went up too much so I opted to switch to Freeway. They gave me a pretty good deal so I decided to sign up. I was told by the guy who signed me up that all I would have to pay was $151 and then $87 a month. I agreed and had him put my debit card on file to automatically debit the money in a week.

A couple of days later, I found a cheaper rate so I called to cancel. The woman I spoke to told me that in order to cancel the policy, all I would have to pay was a $20 cancellation fee and that I would also be refunded $50. The day after that, I get a call from Freeway's collections department saying I owed a total of $299. They couldn't explain why the woman told me I would only have to pay $20 or why my payoff amount on my online account said $0. All they kept saying was that I owed a $150 broker fee plus an additional $149 down payment, which I think is ridiculous for a service I didn't even end up using, and I honestly wouldn't have had an issue paying it if everyone would have been upfront about everything from the get go. I plan on fighting that $299 balance and I also switched to Wawanesa who gave me a much better deal with no ridiculous down payments or broker fees.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I heard the advertising on the radio 105.9 that they were the best for prices and little do I find out after calling the guy that I was transferred to starting cussing say ** and, "Screen this ** screen ain’t working." No lie. That was funny but then the guy clicked on me. Trying to be professional and cussing at the same time is like a 1 star service seriously. Then I called back and they said they will call me back in 5 mins and never did.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I will never deal with Freeway insurance company. Lost 500 dollars because of their agents. Not one person I talk to care about my situation and even the manager knew their agents missed and still didn’t care. No I have no insurance because they didn’t do their job and I’m willing to go to the highest to sue this damn company.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I had this insurance and someone hit me and run. I asked my "insurance" for help because it wasn't my fault but they lie saying that they would review my case and it passes about 2 months when I asked because my car was totaled lost and I was on so much pain and didn't hear from the insurance anything; when I called they told me that my case was closed 15 days before. Can you believe it! I had to pay the chiropractor some therapies and I was soon disappointed that I canceled my policy. It's bad really bad.

Freeway Auto Insurance Company Information