Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.18/5

Sherman Oaks, CA

Freeway Auto Insurance has many types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. At this time, it not an InsuraMatch verified company. Contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from multiple partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Freeway offers customers looking for low-cost insurance an easy, online method of getting coverage. Positive reviews appreciate the lower price and connections to national firms and the ability to sign up from the comfort of home.

PROS

• Affiliation with major insurance brands
  • 24/7 customer service available
  • Fast, easy sign up online or by phone
  • Plans available for cars, trucks, RVs, commercial vehicles and more

CONS

• Insurance office hours can vary
  • Wait times can vary

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

138 Freeway Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July from Freeway only to find out that one of my vehicles would not be covered a month later. I called for two day to the original Freeway office that initially set up my policy and I received no help. The call was transferred to her and she was amazing. She need to teach a customer service class for Freeway Insurance Agents.

Original review: July 5, 2019

This company will offer you a low down payment but beware, even if you cancel your policy they will continue to charge your account or card on file and will refuse a full refund stating that these are $300 worth of brokers fees. I paid $280 for 9 days of car insurance..when I found a better deal Eddie from Freeway Insurance said he can't offer a refund and can't offer insurance. Just his apology. I'll let everyone on my social media know how your company does business.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Stay away from this company!! I repeat stay awayyy!! I paid 361.00 for 1 month. A month later I got a letter from DMV saying I have to pay a fine for not having insurance. So I am confused now and I end up calling Freeway Insurance only for them to tell me that it was a down payment and that I was only covered for 20 days?! I was never told this. I even had all the proof that says I would be covered for a month but the person I speaked to through the phone could care less to what I had to say. Saying it's not their fault and being so rude. Dont want to refund my money or anything. I have never ever been scammed like this from a insurance company in the 7 years I been driving. These people need to be shut down asap. This is really wrong!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I obtained a second vehicle and my current policy went up too much so I opted to switch to Freeway. They gave me a pretty good deal so I decided to sign up. I was told by the guy who signed me up that all I would have to pay was $151 and then $87 a month. I agreed and had him put my debit card on file to automatically debit the money in a week.

A couple of days later, I found a cheaper rate so I called to cancel. The woman I spoke to told me that in order to cancel the policy, all I would have to pay was a $20 cancellation fee and that I would also be refunded $50. The day after that, I get a call from Freeway's collections department saying I owed a total of $299. They couldn't explain why the woman told me I would only have to pay $20 or why my payoff amount on my online account said $0. All they kept saying was that I owed a $150 broker fee plus an additional $149 down payment, which I think is ridiculous for a service I didn't even end up using, and I honestly wouldn't have had an issue paying it if everyone would have been upfront about everything from the get go. I plan on fighting that $299 balance and I also switched to Wawanesa who gave me a much better deal with no ridiculous down payments or broker fees.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I heard the advertising on the radio 105.9 that they were the best for prices and little do I find out after calling the guy that I was transferred to starting cussing say ** and, "Screen this ** screen ain’t working." No lie. That was funny but then the guy clicked on me. Trying to be professional and cussing at the same time is like a 1 star service seriously. Then I called back and they said they will call me back in 5 mins and never did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Auto Insurance?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I will never deal with Freeway insurance company. Lost 500 dollars because of their agents. Not one person I talk to care about my situation and even the manager knew their agents missed and still didn’t care. No I have no insurance because they didn’t do their job and I’m willing to go to the highest to sue this damn company.

Original review: April 23, 2019

This place should not even be in business! They treat customers poorly and have no clue what they are doing! If you need insurance please stay away from this horrendous company! No one knows wtf they are doing.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I had this insurance and someone hit me and run. I asked my "insurance" for help because it wasn't my fault but they lie saying that they would review my case and it passes about 2 months when I asked because my car was totaled lost and I was on so much pain and didn't hear from the insurance anything; when I called they told me that my case was closed 15 days before. Can you believe it! I had to pay the chiropractor some therapies and I was soon disappointed that I canceled my policy. It's bad really bad.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The agent Maricella ** is so unprofessional. She assured me there would be no extra cost after paying full amount. Then when I receive another bill I cancel and they steal more than half of my money including downpayment in only less than a week. I told the lame agent to cancel and she never returned my calls. This is a crooked company. Needs to be sued. I noticed a lot of other bad reviews similar to mine. Stay away from this scammers.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Please be aware they lie to you, If you want to add a car or make changes to your policy, you CAN NOT doing nothing by phone or online. It is frustrating!! Your first bill will be due after 21 days. They never told me that!! I cancel my policies and even more ridiculous. After 5 days I still have to wait for approval cancellation.

Freeway Auto Insurance Company Information