Sherman Oaks, CA

4.8/5 (101 ratings)
Get a Quote  on SmartFinancial

About Freeway Insurance

Freeway Insurance is a broker that offers multiple types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. The company provides low-cost insurance and easy online access to coverage. Freeway’s customer service representatives speak both Spanish and English, and the company has insurance options for high-risk drivers.

Pros

• Serves Spanish and English speakers
  • Compares various providers
  • Covers high-risk drivers

Cons

• Poor customer reviews
  • High brokerage fees

Bottom Line

Freeway is a car insurance brokerage company. It offers a variety of coverage and specializes in affordable policies for high-risk drivers. Its customer reviews are largely poor, with claims of hidden fees.

Top Freeway Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?

Verified

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July ...

Verified

I just bought a policy from a wonderful gentleman named Richard ** (Representative Golf Course location in Rio Rancho, New Mexico). I’m on a fixed income, he gave me several optio...

What is Freeway Insurance?

Freeway is an insurance brokerage company that compares rates from various providers to help you find the best auto coverage and price. It works with drivers with previous DUIs or tickets and those who require SR-22 policies. Freeway employs both English- and Spanish-speaking agents, all available in person or by phone. It’s a popular choice for high-risk drivers, but customer reviews often report high brokerage fees or other hidden fees.

Freeway Insurance auto coverage

Freeway Insurance doesn’t directly sell coverage. Instead, it connects you with various auto insurance companies. Depending on the provider you choose, coverage options might include:

• Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle in case of an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • Comprehensive: Covers damage not related to an accident, such as fire, theft, acts of nature and more.
  • DUI: While not technically an insurance policy, it’s difficult to get insurance with a DUI on record — Freeway says it can help those with poor driving history find coverage.
  • Gap: Pays off your loan balance if your car is totaled.
  • Liability: Covers property damage when you’re at fault.
  • Medical payments: Covers medical costs for you or anyone else involved in an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • No-fault: Also known as personal injury protection. Covers medical expenses and possibly loss of income, essential services, survivor benefits and accidental death and funeral expenses.
  • Rental car reimbursement: Covers rental car costs while your covered car is repaired.
  • SR-22: Proves you have insurance meeting your state’s minimum requirements. Usually required for high-risk drivers.
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Covers accidents with drivers who either don’t have adequate insurance or have no insurance at all.

Freeway auto insurance quotes and rates

Freeway’s pricing varies greatly depending on a number of factors: your location, driving history, age, gender and more. The company claims it can match drivers to affordable insurance no matter their circumstances, but keep in mind Freeway charges brokerage (and other) fees. Several customer reviews mention final payments significantly higher than the initial quote.

Discounts can help lessen your premiums. Freeway offers:

• Bundle discounts
  • Good driver discounts
  • Military discounts
  • Multicar discounts
  • Student discounts

Freeway auto insurance FAQ

Does Freeway offer full coverage car insurance?
Yes. Full coverage insurance includes liability protection, personal injury protection, collision coverage and comprehensive coverage.
Where is Freeway available?
Freeway Insurance covers drivers all across the U.S. and has offices in 22 states.
Does Freeway offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Freeway also offers home and property, business, health and life insurance — and more.
Can you get car insurance quotes online with Freeway?
Yes, Freeway offers online quotes, which require basic information like ZIP code, name, birthdate, gender, marital status and driving history.

Is Freeway Insurance good?

Freeway Insurance specializes in auto coverage for high-risk drivers struggling to find affordable policies. If you have a ticket, DUI or other strike on your driving record, Freeway claims it’ll find a policy that meets your budget. For drivers with few coverage options, Freeway might be a good option — but if you’re a low-risk driver, it’s probably ideal to request quotes from companies directly to avoid hidden brokerage fees.

Freeway Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

The lady that I talked to to activate my account with Freeway and sign me up was amazing. She went over and beyond. When I called back, the gentleman that answered said they were busy and would call me back. Two hours went by and I never got a callback. I ended up calling back and that guy said, "Hold on." I ended up wondering, "If I'm supposed to pay my insurance, why aren't you calling me?" After those two men, they finally got me with someone and that guy was amazing. He took my insurance and went over and beyond. The guy that I paid my insurance to last month was amazing too.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Kimberly, we are happy to know positive comments about your experience with our agent. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority and this gives us the peace of mind knowing Freeway is providing quality service. Enjoy your day!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

When I got the lady from Freeway, it was like she went through everything so smoothly. So, I was like, “No disrespect, but is this a scam? Do I get the wrong number? Can you verify?” She went through the whole thing and said she could send me an email to confirm. She got through the history and how the company was switched over. My experience has been good. I asked, “Well, how do I know my payments?” The lady was like, “We'll send friendly reminders. We're not trying to harass you at the same time, but we can let you know.” Even the finance company that I got my car through verified that Freeway is a legit company.

Freeway Insurance response

Hi Norescia, it gives us much pleasure to know that you've chosen to stay with Freeway. Our staff works hard every day to give you the best experience and provide you with the best rate for your car insurance. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

In order to get my license out of suspension, Freeway Insurance was the only one who could come through for me. This is a one year thing I've been going through. Freeway worked with me and I know I was a headache. I was to the point of cursing people. I was done. But they held their patience with me and they worked with me.

Barbara researched, checked and worked with me. We had to go back and forth. Virginia was rejecting my insurance, and she would go in and redo it. It would be rejected again and she would go in and up it more. I had to wind up getting 50,000, 100,000, $25,000 coverage. And she started me at the basic. She tried, but they didn't expect it. So, we worked stuff until she gave me an insurance that they had no problem accepting, and it was a journey. Freeway backed my declaration paid to DMV. They just notified me that everything was good. Freeway came through. I’ve been grateful.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Patrica, thank you for sharing your personal experience you had with us. This help us Freeway to enforce our customer service procedures as well as learn new ways to make the process easy for you. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority. Have a great day!

Original review: July 27, 2022

The Freeway agent that I had when I was setting up the insurance itself was very good. He was really patient with me and was very resourceful. He even called me back several times to make sure that I was going to be able to get the insurance. The process was very easy and super simple. When I was on the phone with my agent, he was able to give me a quote within the same phone call, and the phone call wasn't more than 20 minutes. Because of the situation that I was in, he was able to help me out too to be able to get a fee taken off so that I was able to afford my plan and I was able to get right into it.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Christian, thank you so much for taking the time to provide a feedback. We are delighted that you rate our service as 5 Star and that you received the best price for your car insurance. Freeway looks forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I work in Cove and there’s a place right up the road where I go to every time to pay the insurance. It’s not even five minutes up the road from when I get off work. There’s also been a few times when I called a number and paid it. The bill would come in the mail and there’s a number on there. I can call it with a debit card, but they charge a bit more. I've had no issues with each one of the ladies that I go to to pay the insurance, or even when I call the number and pay it. The only bad thing about Freeway Insurance is if I go to add something on and I get a quote, I need to do it that day. It’s crazy.

Three days before I got my new pickup, I got a quote of how much it would be to add the insurance on and take the other one off another truck that I sold and traded in. Three days later, I went in, thinking it was the same amount, and it was close to $50 more. I was told that it fluctuates every day. Today, I can call them, get a quote, give them a VIN number and say, “Okay, this is what I bought, and I want to add it. But I’m not gonna add it until tomorrow. I need a quote of what it’s gonna be.” They’ll give me a quote and say, “Okay, it’s gonna be this much. But tomorrow, it could change.” The amount may be lower or higher, and it makes no sense.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Glenn, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime! Freeway appreciates the feedback and please email us if you need assistance regarding a change.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Freeway Insurance makes it easy. I can do everything online. The reps gave me exactly what I needed and it was excellent dealing with them.

Freeway Insurance response

Hi Jessie, thank you for the positive review! We're glad that you found the best price for your car insurance. This help us to keep growing and proving the best service. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I'm happy with Freeway. Their customer service rep was very good.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Ignacio, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad your experience with Freeway was good. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I transacted with a rep from Freeway Insurance over the phone. It was good and quick. The cost is also very good.

Freeway Insurance response

Thank you for your review, Lisa! We love to know the process to get your car insurance was easy and smooth with Freeway. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Freeway has met my standard. The guy who helped me was very helpful and respectful. He did his thing and gave me the price I was looking for. I definitely want to do business with him later on in the future if I had more vehicles with Freeway.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Alba, thank you for your positive review. We love to know you found the best price for your car insurance. Freeway appreciates you!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Freeway is $8 cheaper that my previous insurance. However, I sold my place so I don't have a place. We're staying at hotels or at friends' or at my sister's. They said they were gonna cancel. When they let me know, they were nice. My insurance is good till the 20th. I need to come up with an address. I got my sister's address so I can stay there and get my mail there.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Adan, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We love to know that you received the best rate and service for your car insurance! Freeway is always looking to help you find better solutions. Have a great Day!

Freeway Insurance Company Information