Sherman Oaks, CA

1.4/5 (166 ratings)
Compare Quotes  on Quotewizard

About Freeway Insurance

Freeway Insurance is a broker that offers multiple types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. The company provides low-cost insurance and easy online access to coverage. Freeway’s customer service representatives speak both Spanish and English, and the company has insurance options for high-risk drivers.

Pros

• Serves Spanish and English speakers
  • Compares various providers
  • Covers high-risk drivers

Cons

• Poor customer reviews
  • High brokerage fees

Bottom Line

Freeway is a car insurance brokerage company. It offers a variety of coverage and specializes in affordable policies for high-risk drivers. Its customer reviews are largely poor, with claims of hidden fees.

Top Freeway Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Angelica ** at Freeway Insurance Inc is the best agent! Angelica customer service is beyond exceptional. She was able to turn a bad situation around. I purchase insurance in July ...

Verified

I just bought a policy from a wonderful gentleman named Richard ** (Representative Golf Course location in Rio Rancho, New Mexico). I’m on a fixed income, he gave me several optio...

What is Freeway Insurance?

Freeway is an insurance brokerage company that compares rates from various providers to help you find the best auto coverage and price. It works with drivers with previous DUIs or tickets and those who require SR-22 policies. Freeway employs both English- and Spanish-speaking agents, all available in person or by phone. It’s a popular choice for high-risk drivers, but customer reviews often report high brokerage fees or other hidden fees.

Freeway Insurance auto coverage

Freeway Insurance doesn’t directly sell coverage. Instead, it connects you with various auto insurance companies. Depending on the provider you choose, coverage options might include:

• Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle in case of an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • Comprehensive: Covers damage not related to an accident, such as fire, theft, acts of nature and more.
  • DUI: While not technically an insurance policy, it’s difficult to get insurance with a DUI on record — Freeway says it can help those with poor driving history find coverage.
  • Gap: Pays off your loan balance if your car is totaled.
  • Liability: Covers property damage when you’re at fault.
  • Medical payments: Covers medical costs for you or anyone else involved in an accident regardless of who’s at fault.
  • No-fault: Also known as personal injury protection. Covers medical expenses and possibly loss of income, essential services, survivor benefits and accidental death and funeral expenses.
  • Rental car reimbursement: Covers rental car costs while your covered car is repaired.
  • SR-22: Proves you have insurance meeting your state’s minimum requirements. Usually required for high-risk drivers.
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Covers accidents with drivers who either don’t have adequate insurance or have no insurance at all.

Freeway auto insurance quotes and rates

Freeway’s pricing varies greatly depending on a number of factors: your location, driving history, age, gender and more. The company claims it can match drivers to affordable insurance no matter their circumstances, but keep in mind Freeway charges brokerage (and other) fees. Several customer reviews mention final payments significantly higher than the initial quote.

Discounts can help lessen your premiums. Freeway offers:

• Bundle discounts
  • Good driver discounts
  • Military discounts
  • Multicar discounts
  • Student discounts

Freeway auto insurance FAQ

Does Freeway offer full coverage car insurance?
Yes. Full coverage insurance includes liability protection, personal injury protection, collision coverage and comprehensive coverage.
Where is Freeway available?
Freeway Insurance covers drivers all across the U.S. and has offices in 22 states.
Does Freeway offer other types of insurance?
Yes. Freeway also offers home and property, business, health and life insurance — and more.
Can you get car insurance quotes online with Freeway?
Yes, Freeway offers online quotes, which require basic information like ZIP code, name, birthdate, gender, marital status and driving history.

Is Freeway Insurance good?

Freeway Insurance specializes in auto coverage for high-risk drivers struggling to find affordable policies. If you have a ticket, DUI or other strike on your driving record, Freeway claims it’ll find a policy that meets your budget. For drivers with few coverage options, Freeway might be a good option — but if you’re a low-risk driver, it’s probably ideal to request quotes from companies directly to avoid hidden brokerage fees.

Freeway Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?

Original review: May 14, 2022

The agent that helped me was amazing. She answered all of my questions and was able to get my policy started right away. She made sure that I received all of the discounts that I was eligible for. This was one of the best customer service experiences I have had with an insurance company in a very long time.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Eric, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love hearing about how Freeway helped you find the best price for car insurance. We also appreciate the time you took to let us know about your excellent experience. Have a wonderful day!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

We've had Freeway for 13 years, but we've been off and on with them. The coverage, we definitely like the price range. It works with our liability insurance. So, that's why we always go with them. Also, their friendly customer service is great. I like Freeway very much.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Christina, we are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your experience with us over all these years! Freeway appreciates you and we are happy to have you as customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Nyasia Christina ** was knowledgeable about her product and pleasant to speak with. I would rate her a ten if you were my employee and we would refer her company to a friend. Thank you very much. Have a great day. My experience was great. Thank you.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello DeWayne, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love to hear from our customers. Freeway appreciates the time you took to let us know about your experience with Nyasia. We will let the office know about her excellent assistance. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Freeway's monthly rates are cheaper, so I went with them and it saved me a lot of money. I got liability insurance and it went through well. The reps were patient with me and explained everything. Every time I call, I talk to them and I loved it. Freeway is a good insurance and I would recommend it to anybody.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Marlene, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Freeway Insurance saved me some money. I've used Allstate almost all my life until they kept going up and I didn't know everybody went through Progressive. They said, "Go to them first and they'll find you the reasonable one." I called Progressive and they told me they're affiliated with Freeway. The rep answered all my questions and she was really good. If I had any problems, she also gave me her name and number. Everything is perfect. The process was very easy, and the amount of coverage is very good.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Diane, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 1, 2022

Freeway was the cheapest one we can find. They also helped me a lot with my policy. I let them know what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend and they worked with me to make sure that I was covered and it was within my price range. They were very nice.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Luis, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you found the best price with Freeway. We also appreciate the time you took to let us know about your excellent experience. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I was due for a new policy and the process wasn't difficult at all. Now I pay $150 down and $78 a month, which is great. They were very professional, friendly and they got good customer service.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Timothy, we are so grateful for your 5-star review. Freeway appreciates you for sharing your rating with us! We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime!

Original review: April 28, 2022

Freeway Insurance helped me get the best rate and price on both my vehicles. They told me I have full coverage and everything's going well so far.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Felipe, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Everybody was courteous. Freeway Insurance had a full packed house, but they got to me pretty quickly and the paperwork went pretty quickly. It was a good experience. I'm even sending my son there on Monday.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Fanecha, thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer. Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 25, 2022

Working with them was really good. They were really professional. The payment was also not too expensive.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Jeferson, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating. Freeway loves to hear from our customers and theirs experiences. Have a nice day!

Freeway Insurance Company Information