Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. The company is not a partner of InsuraMatch yet. To get multiple quotes at once, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Grange is a regional insurance company offering auto insurance to customers in the Midwest and Southeast states. It offers standard and customized insurance coverages packaged to conform with local driving and auto insurance laws within the region. Customers are satisfied with the company’s customer service and competitive rates.

PROS

• High customer claims experience
  • Standard and customized coverages
  • Great financial standing
  • Online policy management
  • Network of local and independent agents
  • Hybrid vehicle discount

CONS

• Claims response times can vary
  • Coverage limited to 13 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Over the years, I have had several interactions with insurance agents. My experiences have generally been negative, until now. Your claims agent, Corey **, has been exceptionally attentive. He called me to report the status of my situation, and preempted events by calling the repair shop, and also the Enterprise rental office to have all the paperwork ready and waiting for me to arrive. He then called me to tell me the check for the repairs has been sent to the repair shop, and it will be waiting for my endorsement. The paperwork was detailed and thorough. Corey has been excellent and I could not be more pleased. Mike

Grange Auto Insurance response

Mike, we're so glad to hear that Corey was such a help to you throughout the claim process. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people and thank Corey for a job well done.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had a very small touch on a car while backing up in a crowded parking lot. No serious damage. My agent at Homestead Insurance was as Professional as could be. Next having just changed to Grange with a problem I didn't know what to expect. The agent from Grange reviewed with me what happened and settled the claim representing my interest. They do business the old fashion way. Proper and Honest. I will always be a customer of Grange Ins. I was with a National name brand insurance for many years and tried to do a consolidation, after 2 months it still wasn't done. That's what made me look for something else. That's when I found Homestead agency and they introduced me to Grange. Grange did it in 4 days with much more coverage and a better rate.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ron, we're so glad you're a Grange customer! This is great to hear and thank you for sharing your experience.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My parked car was hit by a company worker, the insurance carrier was Grange. Before I could even contact the company the Claims Agent Timothy ** was reaching out to my insurance to determine a best contact method. By the time we spoke, he was able to authorize a shop for my repairs and have a rental car ready and waiting. No questions asked; simply dropped the car off, picked up the rental and was on my way. Best experience I have ever had in detailing with insurance claims.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Paige, thank you for sharing your experience! We'll pass along your feedback to the appropriate people here at Grange and thank Timothy for a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have a Grange homeowner's policy with an Inland Marine rider which covers farm equipment. During operation of the farm equipment, a tractor implement (loader) was damaged due to hitting a tree. The cost of parts to make the loader functional was significant and I turned a claim into Grange. The claim representative that I worked with, Mr. Ken **, processed the claim in a very professional manner. The claim was processed within a week with no haggling over payment for cost of the repair. I could not be happier with Grange and Mr. **'s efforts in resolving this claim. Thank you.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Nick, thank you for sharing your experience! We're so glad Ken was such a help to you during this process.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had roof damage from storms. Our first surprise was that the policy covered the damage. An even better surprise was how quickly the claims adjuster showed up and how well he worked with our roofer to make sure that everything that should be covered was fully covered. Anytime there was a change in repairs or claim amounts, we had an amended claim form within 24 hours. The settlement checks were mailed within a week. I was happy. The roofer was happy. The adjuster was happy that we were happy. It's hard to get better than that.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Russell, we're sorry to hear about your roof damage, but glad to hear the Claim process and your Claims adjuster were able to help your home get back to normal in a quick and efficient manner! Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. We'll pass this on to our Claims department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: April 8, 2020

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with. Having spoken with her previously she recalled the information that I had shared with her and quickly found me in their system and effectively handled my concerns (each time). I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facing team members like Annie will make it hard for me to leave. Very knowledgeable, does not need to put you on hold multiple times, very engaging, and efficient. I would highly recommend Grange based primarily on knowledgeable people like Annie (and they have great rates too).

Original review: April 8, 2020

We recently lost a tree in the storm on 4/8/2020. From first reaching out to the local office, to then the claims dept., they have made the process so stress free. I have used this company for decades and have never been disappointed.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Calling this morning I had no problems. I was not on hold long and Wyatt gave me all the information I needed and explained everything in details so I knew what to do next. I also have to say I got my email in a matter of minutes again with details on my claim. I got excellent service.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Diane! We'll make sure to thank Wyatt for a job well done.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I called regarding a cancellation of my wife's and my auto insurance. I spoke to a gentleman named Eric who researched the issue for me and had to put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back with a resolution. He then asked a couple of questions and determined my wife and I were entitled to a discount--not much but every little bit helps. Eric was very congenial and seemed very interested in resolving my concern. Probably one of the best conversations I've had with an insurance agent. Would highly recommend!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Henry, we're glad Eric was able to provide you with great service during your call! Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Excellent auto insurance as it is affordable & good customer service. Check this auto insurance out! My agent at automobile associates of America referred to Grange Auto Insurance as the auto insurance I had at the time was high quality but too expensive for me as I had a low income. I was fortunate to have been recommended Grange Auto Insurance by my AAA agent!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Pamathi, this is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Grange Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange Auto Insurance is an independent company offering personalized and localized service through a network of qualified agents with generations of experience at their disposal. They compare coverage from a variety of resources to find the perfect match for new clients.

• 80 years of service: Grange has been in business for more than 80 years, during which they've received high marks in strength and stability.

• Exclusively independent: Grange is an exclusively independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through convenient visits to nearby offices.

• Expertise: Grange agents are specialists in insurance and its many requirements. They will examine each case individually to find the best combination of coverage and cost.

• Personalized service: Grange Auto Insurance is more than a toll-free number on the back of a card. They have dedicated staff who you know by name and strive to provide a positive experience.

• Online access: Complete insurance-related tasks without extra hassles. Grange offers online access for simple tasks such as ordering ID cards, checking weather alerts and billing.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers with a lot of questions and drivers who just purchased a car.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor