Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. The company is not a partner of InsuraMatch yet. To get multiple quotes at once, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Grange is a regional insurance company offering auto insurance to customers in the Midwest and Southeast states. It offers standard and customized insurance coverages packaged to conform with local driving and auto insurance laws within the region. Customers are satisfied with the company’s customer service and competitive rates.

PROS

• High customer claims experience
  • Standard and customized coverages
  • Great financial standing
  • Online policy management
  • Network of local and independent agents
  • Hybrid vehicle discount

CONS

• Claims response times can vary
  • Coverage limited to 13 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had a very small touch on a car while backing up in a crowded parking lot. No serious damage. My agent at Homestead Insurance was as Professional as could be. Next having just changed to Grange with a problem I didn't know what to expect. The agent from Grange reviewed with me what happened and settled the claim representing my interest. They do business the old fashion way. Proper and Honest. I will always be a customer of Grange Ins. I was with a National name brand insurance for many years and tried to do a consolidation, after 2 months it still wasn't done. That's what made me look for something else. That's when I found Homestead agency and they introduced me to Grange. Grange did it in 4 days with much more coverage and a better rate.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ron, we're so glad you're a Grange customer! This is great to hear and thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Grange adjuster, Ken **, was a great help to me. I was very upset about losing an heirloom ring. He put me at ease, answered all my questions and said I wasn't the first person to lose a ring. I also called my agent and told him that my experience with Grange was very nice and I certainly will recommend Grange to all my friends. Ken made a very bad experience easier to manage. Joan

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Joan, we're sorry to hear about your ring, but we're glad that Ken was able to provide great help to you throughout the process and make it more manageable. We'll thank him for a job well done.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My parked car was hit by a company worker, the insurance carrier was Grange. Before I could even contact the company the Claims Agent Timothy ** was reaching out to my insurance to determine a best contact method. By the time we spoke, he was able to authorize a shop for my repairs and have a rental car ready and waiting. No questions asked; simply dropped the car off, picked up the rental and was on my way. Best experience I have ever had in detailing with insurance claims.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Paige, thank you for sharing your experience! We'll pass along your feedback to the appropriate people here at Grange and thank Timothy for a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have a Grange homeowner's policy with an Inland Marine rider which covers farm equipment. During operation of the farm equipment, a tractor implement (loader) was damaged due to hitting a tree. The cost of parts to make the loader functional was significant and I turned a claim into Grange. The claim representative that I worked with, Mr. Ken **, processed the claim in a very professional manner. The claim was processed within a week with no haggling over payment for cost of the repair. I could not be happier with Grange and Mr. **'s efforts in resolving this claim. Thank you.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Nick, thank you for sharing your experience! We're so glad Ken was such a help to you during this process.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had roof damage from storms. Our first surprise was that the policy covered the damage. An even better surprise was how quickly the claims adjuster showed up and how well he worked with our roofer to make sure that everything that should be covered was fully covered. Anytime there was a change in repairs or claim amounts, we had an amended claim form within 24 hours. The settlement checks were mailed within a week. I was happy. The roofer was happy. The adjuster was happy that we were happy. It's hard to get better than that.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Russell, we're sorry to hear about your roof damage, but glad to hear the Claim process and your Claims adjuster were able to help your home get back to normal in a quick and efficient manner! Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. We'll pass this on to our Claims department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I was very pleased with the group that handled my claim. The app that had to used to take the pictures of the damages was very easy to use, after sending the pictures they send a text back they receive the pictures and would get back to me in the 24 hours, and was less then 24 hours. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We had a bad windstorm come through and cause a great deal of damage to our fence. I easily filed the claim on the website on Sunday. Ken reaches out to me early Monday and we reached a resolution by Tuesday morning. Check is in the mail and I couldn’t be happier with the service I received!

Grange Auto Insurance response

This is great to hear, J.! We'll make sure to share your feedback with our Claims department.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Over the years, I have had several interactions with insurance agents. My experiences have generally been negative, until now. Your claims agent, Corey **, has been exceptionally attentive. He called me to report the status of my situation, and preempted events by calling the repair shop, and also the Enterprise rental office to have all the paperwork ready and waiting for me to arrive. He then called me to tell me the check for the repairs has been sent to the repair shop, and it will be waiting for my endorsement. The paperwork was detailed and thorough. Corey has been excellent and I could not be more pleased. Mike

Grange Auto Insurance response

Mike, we're so glad to hear that Corey was such a help to you throughout the claim process. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people and thank Corey for a job well done.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We have had several incidents with deer here in central Ohio! And I have had no bad experience with Grange! They have always been kind and professional with me! Claire ** was my contact person. She is Awesome!

Grange Auto Insurance response

This is great to hear! We'll make sure to thank Claire for a job well done.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have the comprehensive auto insurance with Grange. I put in a claim and the website told me to expect a response back in 72 hours. It's been a month and I haven't received as much as a first response to even confirm a human has looked at it. I've left messages and voicemails to no luck, and the general customer service line sends me to my unresponsive agent's line. The website confirms it was received, but says it isn't in progress.

This is as bad as it gets. The fact they don't acknowledge I exist after I put in a claim is insane. I could receive the same kind of coverage/value if I bought insurance from a random person on Craigslist, and it might be cheaper. I'm relieved this is a smaller claim because if this was a major event, I would be completely out of luck. I obviously have no choice but to swap after this. I'm grateful and annoyed about this being a major red flag. I'm looking into outside options to get a response from Grange and have an attorney friend, but I'm sticking with established brands from now on.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Nathan, we're very sorry to hear this and our Claims manager is looking into this for you. Our manager will be reaching out to you shortly to follow up with you about your claim. Thank you.

Not sure about Grange Auto Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Grange Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange Auto Insurance is an independent company offering personalized and localized service through a network of qualified agents with generations of experience at their disposal. They compare coverage from a variety of resources to find the perfect match for new clients.

• 80 years of service: Grange has been in business for more than 80 years, during which they've received high marks in strength and stability.

• Exclusively independent: Grange is an exclusively independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through convenient visits to nearby offices.

• Expertise: Grange agents are specialists in insurance and its many requirements. They will examine each case individually to find the best combination of coverage and cost.

• Personalized service: Grange Auto Insurance is more than a toll-free number on the back of a card. They have dedicated staff who you know by name and strive to provide a positive experience.

• Online access: Complete insurance-related tasks without extra hassles. Grange offers online access for simple tasks such as ordering ID cards, checking weather alerts and billing.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers with a lot of questions and drivers who just purchased a car.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor