Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
2.98/5

Grange Auto Insurance

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. The company is not a partner of InsuraMatch yet. To get multiple quotes at once, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Grange is a regional insurance company offering auto insurance to customers in the Midwest and Southeast states. It offers standard and customized insurance coverages packaged to conform with local driving and auto insurance laws within the region. Customers are satisfied with the company’s customer service and competitive rates.

PROS

• High customer claims experience
  • Standard and customized coverages
  • Great financial standing
  • Online policy management
  • Network of local and independent agents
  • Hybrid vehicle discount

CONS

• Claims response times can vary
  • Coverage limited to 13 states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Grange adjuster, Ken **, was a great help to me. I was very upset about losing an heirloom ring. He put me at ease, answered all my questions and said I wasn't the first person to lose a ring. I also called my agent and told him that my experience with Grange was very nice and I certainly will recommend Grange to all my friends. Ken made a very bad experience easier to manage. Joan

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Joan, we're sorry to hear about your ring, but we're glad that Ken was able to provide great help to you throughout the process and make it more manageable. We'll thank him for a job well done.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Recently in July 2019 Friday the 13th and Full Moon, I unfortunately found a rock formation just below the surface of Lake Lanier with my almost brand new Malibu Wakesetter. Extensive damage was incurred. I contacted Grange Insurance representative Jessica ** and She was understanding and expedited the process of getting my boat repaired. I am thankful for Grange and Jessica for the kind and curious processing of my claim.

Sincerely,

Billy

Grange Auto Insurance response

Billy, we’re happy that your bad luck turned into a great claim experience with Jessica. Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will make sure Jessica is recognized for her great work.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My parked car was hit by a company worker, the insurance carrier was Grange. Before I could even contact the company the Claims Agent Timothy ** was reaching out to my insurance to determine a best contact method. By the time we spoke, he was able to authorize a shop for my repairs and have a rental car ready and waiting. No questions asked; simply dropped the car off, picked up the rental and was on my way. Best experience I have ever had in detailing with insurance claims.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Paige, thank you for sharing your experience! We'll pass along your feedback to the appropriate people here at Grange and thank Timothy for a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have a Grange homeowner's policy with an Inland Marine rider which covers farm equipment. During operation of the farm equipment, a tractor implement (loader) was damaged due to hitting a tree. The cost of parts to make the loader functional was significant and I turned a claim into Grange. The claim representative that I worked with, Mr. Ken **, processed the claim in a very professional manner. The claim was processed within a week with no haggling over payment for cost of the repair. I could not be happier with Grange and Mr. **'s efforts in resolving this claim. Thank you.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Nick, thank you for sharing your experience! We're so glad Ken was such a help to you during this process.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had roof damage from storms. Our first surprise was that the policy covered the damage. An even better surprise was how quickly the claims adjuster showed up and how well he worked with our roofer to make sure that everything that should be covered was fully covered. Anytime there was a change in repairs or claim amounts, we had an amended claim form within 24 hours. The settlement checks were mailed within a week. I was happy. The roofer was happy. The adjuster was happy that we were happy. It's hard to get better than that.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Russell, we're sorry to hear about your roof damage, but glad to hear the Claim process and your Claims adjuster were able to help your home get back to normal in a quick and efficient manner! Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. We'll pass this on to our Claims department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Adjuster was extremely professional and courteous. I had never filed a claim before and I did not expect to have such an excellent experience. My thanks to Trent! His follow up was timely and he explained everything thoroughly and was extremely considerate and patient.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We'll make sure to thank Trent for a job well done.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We have had an absolutely horrible experience with Grange. My husband and three other drivers were rear-ended by a Grange Customer 4 weeks ago. My husband witnessed this individual swerving and texting shortly before the accident while on I-77. Shortly after, this individual rear ended 3 vehicles, my husband's car being one of them. The individual was cited for the accident by the Independence Police Dept.

It has been 4 weeks. Grange has given us the run-around. They will not pay because they cannot get ahold of their client. I would never want my insurance company to not take care of someone's car that I damaged. This has been the worst experience and I would NOT recommend Grange insurance. We have spoken to the Claim Representative many times and her supervisor. There is nothing they will do for us. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. DO NOT USE GRANGE. They will not treat the other party properly.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're sorry to hear your frustration with your claim experience. We were able to locate your claim and one of our representatives will be following up with you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Ken **, with Grange insurance, handled my claim in a very timely manner. He was a delight to work with...he's a definite asset to Grange. I submitted my claim one day and it was settled, satisfactorily, two days later. This was a pain free insurance experience.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're so happy to hear that your claims experience met with your satisfaction! We'll thank Ken for a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Had a check for my claim in less than 2 weeks start to finish. This was the first time I've ever had to make a claim and they made it a very painless process for me. I would recommend Grange. Thank you!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Rocky, we're happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I am not a direct customer of Grange but they have been horrific to work with after one of their clients totaled my vehicle. They are unfair/unethical in settling and I now know why attorneys are required. They unfairly valued my lost vehicle and forced us to purchase a similar vehicle that was at least 2 models below, with more miles. They would not honor extended rental coverage and expect you to find a new car within 3 days. We only wanted the same vehicle that their client "took" from us but it was impossible based on their ridiculous valuation process. Then after purchasing a new vehicle, albeit lesser in value, Grange would not even cover the registration fees for the vehicle. I will encourage anyone I speak with to avoid this company for their insurance needs. I'm honestly amazed the employees that we dealt with can sleep comfortably at night.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ryan. We appreciate your feedback and we are sharing it with our Claims department.

Grange Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange Auto Insurance is an independent company offering personalized and localized service through a network of qualified agents with generations of experience at their disposal. They compare coverage from a variety of resources to find the perfect match for new clients.

• 80 years of service: Grange has been in business for more than 80 years, during which they've received high marks in strength and stability.

• Exclusively independent: Grange is an exclusively independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through convenient visits to nearby offices.

• Expertise: Grange agents are specialists in insurance and its many requirements. They will examine each case individually to find the best combination of coverage and cost.

• Personalized service: Grange Auto Insurance is more than a toll-free number on the back of a card. They have dedicated staff who you know by name and strive to provide a positive experience.

• Online access: Complete insurance-related tasks without extra hassles. Grange offers online access for simple tasks such as ordering ID cards, checking weather alerts and billing.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers with a lot of questions and drivers who just purchased a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky