2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.86/5

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have had multiple interactions with Grange Insurance Company over the past 15 years. Recently we added a new vehicle to our policy. The agent was friendly and took care of my needs along with taking the time to review the coverage on our other vehicles. I can never remember an interaction that was not a positive experience. Whether it was coverage on our vehicles, boat or home the agents were knowledgeable and has given us great customer service. Insurance is necessary, so grateful to have a company that gives our family total confidence and peace of mind.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Cheryl, we're so glad your experiences continue to meet your satisfaction! Thank you for sharing and we'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I called to add a vehicle to my policy and had the pleasure of speaking with Bright O. He was more than an Account Manager. He totally went above and beyond the call of duty. He was patient and knowledgeable and so very kind. After sharing my thoughts of possibly switching carriers he took the time to review my current policy and was able to find a substantial discount that saved some $$$. He totally exceeded my expectations. He’s a true gem and Grange is lucky to have him on their team!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Michi, we're very glad to hear that Bright was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for sharing! We'll make sure to thank Bright for a job well done.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have had my auto and home with Grange for quite a number of years and I am very impressed with everyone I have ever dealt with in this organization. On September 15, 2020 I called to update my car insurance for my new car. I spoke to a lady named Marcia. She was very friendly and courteous. She explained everything to me and did not try to rush me through the call. I was told exactly what my new payment would be and that I was totally satisfied. In 2014 I was in a terrible automobile accident and Grange had my back all the way. I tell everyone about my positive experiences with Grange. I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with your customer service and the people with whom I have dealt.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Pamela, we're so glad to hear that our customer service and claims teams have provided you with a great experience throughout the years. We appreciate you sharing about your experiences with others! We'll make sure to share your feedback with our teams.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have been with Grange for many many years. Over a decade in total but this last time I was with them for 7 years! Glass claims and auto damage claims were so simple and in most cases free! Their customer reps on the phone are so helpful and kind. They answer my questions and say thank you often. I even got disconnected today by accident on my end and they called me back within seconds and apologized even when it wasn't their fault! Great service today and always. I would only ever change providers due to cost savings over a significant amount. Thanks so much grange for always taking care of my family and I.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Heaven, we're glad your experience met with your satisfaction! We'll make sure to share this with our Claims department.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with. Having spoken with her previously she recalled the information that I had shared with her and quickly found me in their system and effectively handled my concerns (each time). I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facing team members like Annie will make it hard for me to leave. Very knowledgeable, does not need to put you on hold multiple times, very engaging, and efficient. I would highly recommend Grange based primarily on knowledgeable people like Annie (and they have great rates too).

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Johnie, we're so glad Annie was able to provide you with an excellent customer experience! We will share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange and thank Annie for a job well done.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have been with this company for over a year now, I feel their rates are pretty good. I am very satisfied with their Customer Service and the website is self explanatory. They get things done quick and you are on your way!! I would recommend Grange Insurance to my family and friends with hesitation.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Harinder, we're so glad to hear your experiences have met your satisfaction! Thank you for sharing and we will make sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Jeanne S. made a stressful situation go smoothly. Being in my first car accident, Jeanne walked me thru the steps, explained everything in detail, was very patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and explain how the process works. Worked very quickly to get my body shop repaired, car seats replaced. THANK YOU!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Autumn, we're sorry you were in a stressful situation, but we're so glad that Jeanne was able to provide you with great customer service and make the stressful situation go smoothly. Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Filed a homeowner's claim. They were on it fast!! Made the process quick and easy. Start to finish in less than a couple of weeks. No hassle, no stress. We have had Grange for about 16 years now. Definitely recommend Grange for all your insurance needs.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Angela, thank you for sharing about your experience! We're glad the claim process met with your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I normally dread calling in to Insurance companies but this experience was wonderful. A very short wait time and I got to speak with a live person. She was not only kind, but very informative. Took care of my issue right away and ensured all questions were answered while on the call. Highly recommend!

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're so glad to hear you were satisfied with your experience, Erin! We'll make sure to share this feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My associate, Bright, was fantastic. He helped me change my auto policy and saved me a bunch of money! I have been a customer for a number of years and highly recommend Grange. Simple and fast customer service.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Hannah, we appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience! We'll make sure to share this with the appropriate people at Grange.

Grange Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. It has an AM Best rating of A for financial strength. The company has insurance options in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

• Coverage and plans: In addition to basic coverage in line with state regulations, Grange has rental car reimbursement, full glass repair, roadside assistance, gap insurance, pet coverage and umbrella policy.

• Cost: A single, 30-year-old driver pays, on average, $700 a year for Grange auto insurance.

• Discounts: Grange has discounts for good drivers, defensive driving courses, good students, multivehicle policies and upfront payment.

• Standout feature: Grange is an independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through visits to nearby offices.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor