Call toll free*
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free
It's that easy*

Grange Auto Insurance

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. The company is not a partner of InsuraMatch yet. To get multiple quotes at once, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Last updated: March 27, 2018

15 Grange Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2018

A client of Grange's caused an accident involving four vehicles, including mine. Six weeks later, still no contact from Grange regarding compensation. Their client was cited by the police, and my insurance has found me not at fault, but the response I hear when I contact Grange is that they are still conducting their investigation into the claim to see who is liable. The adjuster for the claim is Annette **, and she has stated that she still needs to speak with one of the people involved in the accident (6 weeks later) and that the individual isn't available to speak until after 5:00, and Annette only works until 4:30. Annette said she's fine to let this go to subrogation. In other words, that they won't pay the claims from damages caused by their client unless taken to court. Believe all the negative reviews you are reading about Grange. They're true.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Kerry, thank you for your feedback. We are sharing it with our Claims department. Please contact us directly for assistance with your claim.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was struck by a driver with Grange Insurance and have had the worst experience of my life. I was a pedestrian and was hit by their driver, which broke my ankle. After having surgery to repair it, they have stalled paying my medical providers leaving me, a single mother of 3 to struggle to make payments to them or take the hit on my credit. They have said their claims adjuster was out of the office unexpectedly, they had technical issues, peer review was taking more time unexpectedly, etc. All excuses to delay my settlement when they already accepted liability.

I’ve had to hire an attorney and after months of delays, we now have to file a lawsuit against the driver, as well as Grange for failing to act in good faith to settle this claim. I would never want to have an insurance company that would personally put me at this type of financial risk. We think our insurance companies will protect us in the case of an accident but Grange has left their insured driver in a lawsuit because they refuse to settle this matter in a timely and reasonable manner. I feel aweful for the driver as they will likely need an attorney of their own and begin to experience the stress and financial burden I have been through while dealing with Grange. Think twice before you use them to insure you, as they are not there to protect you, they are protecting themselves while leaving you open to possible financial ruin.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! We just had a comp claim due to an accident with a deer. The damage was WELL below blue book and yet they REFUSE to repair it. We were advised the adjuster said he was going to total it before he even looked at it. They have NO compassion, they WILL NOT listen to or reason with you. They know they hold all the cards and are powerless against them. They couldn't care less about what you want or need. They ONLY care about what is in their best interests - period!!!

Grange Auto Insurance response

We are sorry to hear your frustration, but we appreciate your feedback. Please contact us directly so we can look into this for you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Was rear ended by a Grange Insured semi truck with many safety violation issues. Suffered head and neck injuries. Grange drivers fault, yet I have had to go to Court for 4 years now seeking reimbursement. Grange in house lawyers stubbornly fight most claims and will cheat victims out of the fair value of their vehicles and injuries. Very shady Insurance company. Many bad reviews on insurance websites about Grange.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Grange doesn’t answer emails or voicemails and their receiving department dropped the ball. The agent lied that I should have my check on Friday. My daughter was hit by a driver with Grange Insurance. Grange does not have a claims office near me. The week before Thanksgiving they called me on a Friday, we discussed an offer for the car to be totaled (the amount had not settled) and I had three days to return the rental... Not three working days. The rental was due to be returned on Monday, I did and my daughter had no car. We looked at new cars Saturday and put a down payment down to hold till I received the Grange check.

After I called and asked, they emailed me the amount they would pay on Monday. I overnighted the papers to them that Monday and email the agent that I had. I called Tuesday at 1 pm. I asked if she had received my overnighted package (the claims agent said it had not been scanned into their system). I checked tracking and my package was signed for at 10:30 am. I called back two times and left messages. I called back at 3:30 pm and gave the agent the tracking number. She said she would message the department and find out why my package hadn’t been scanned into the system. At this point, I still had hope that I would have a check Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving).

I call a few times on Wednesday morning and left messages. I called at 2 pm and finally got the agent. I asked if my paper had been scanned in, she said they had not and she would call the responsible department. At 3 pm I called her supervisor and told him that the department that scans in received paperwork is holding up my claim. After calling and leaving messages, I finally reached the agent at 4 pm, she had all the needed paperwork, I should have the check Friday and that she would email me. That night I checked the tracking; UPS indicates the package hasn’t been picked up, was 2nd air and was scheduled to be delivered Monday. I checked again today on Thanksgiving Day, hoping that UPS just hadn’t updated. Oh... Well... Still the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Horrible company. I was in an accident with one of their clients and they admitted fault. Jeff **, their adjuster, proceeded to give me a low-ball offer for my car. When I told them I found their valuation unreasonable and I felt it wasn't a fair offer, they stonewalled me. They told me it was the absolute best they could do and wouldn't negotiate with me. I told them that if they can't give me a fair offer, I would have to sue their client for the money I feel is owed to me. They told me they couldn't offer me anymore, so I am filing a suit against their client because they refuse to work with me.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Would be nice to be able to talk to someone instead of a computer. Would also be nice to be able to know someone is nearby to answer in questions I have. And the quotes seem a little off. I was told the older you get the lower your insurances goes, I still haven't seen mine go down yet.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

My auto insurance is through Grange and what I love about them is that the price is fairly low for someone who hasn't hit the age of 26 and whose mother is also under the same insurance. We can pay up or pay monthly. There's no excessive charges on my mother's bank account. They also send payment reminders. There's also room to keep getting quotes so that my mom and I can get a lower rate.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I am very pleased with the billing and contact information and their website is very friendly to move around in. I have had one claim with them recently and the lack of communication and the response that I got from them was not good. I initiated all phone conversations with the claim adjuster and emails with her supervisor. I would not use the collision repair company that I was informed that I should use as there was no correspondence with them whatsoever. I had to go through the insurance company to find out what the status of my car was. I had to have a rental for a month as it took that long for it to be repaired. Just seemed to be a hassle/fight with everything or it might still not be fixed today.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

Signed up because a friend was employed. Haven't had any issues. Very customer service oriented. Never been involved in an accident, so my dealings with the company are limited. No issues.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

The people at Grange are very helpful and always find ways to give us great insurance that works with our low budget income. We are very happy with this company and love that it is local and right in town.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

My experience has been good. They appear to work with me and have been good during accidents. I do believe they are more expensive than competitors but do not have time in my life to review my options. Plan on doing so first of the year.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I have been satisfied with our auto insurance. They are always responsive to questions. Although I haven't had any accidents, we've added vehicles to our plan and asked for recommendations on the amount of coverage needed per vehicle. We have 4 vehicles on our plan ranging from full coverage to liability to the minimal amount of coverage on a vehicle we don't drive.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

Have had this company for more than four years with only one problem. I updated my new address and phone number on their website but somehow it didn't get passed on to my local agent. Which caused a issue in contacting me when I bought a new vehicle. Thankfully I wasn't in a accident because the local agent didn't insure my new vehicle for almost 3 weeks after I bought it. And I had no idea!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

We get the coverage we need for our family, especially with two teen drivers. I have been with them for over 30 years as well as my parents. Started with them in high school and my husband switched to them when we got married. They cover auto and home.

Grange Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange Auto Insurance is an independent company offering personalized, localized service through a network of qualified agents with generations of experience at their disposal. They compare coverage from a variety of resources to find the perfect match for new clients.

• 80 years of service: Grange has been in business for more than 80 years, during which they've received high marks in strength and stability.

• Exclusively independent: Grange is an exclusively independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through convenient visits to nearby office locations.

• Expertise: Grange agents are specialists in insurance and its many requirements. They will examine each case individually to find the best combination of coverage and cost.

• Personalized service: Grange Auto Insurance is more than a toll-free number on the back of a card. They have dedicated staff who you know by name and strive to provide a positive experience.

• Online access: Complete insurance-related tasks without extra hassles. Grange offers online access for simple tasks such as ordering ID cards, checking weather alerts and billing.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers with a lot of questions and drivers who just purchased a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky