2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have had my auto and home with Grange for quite a number of years and I am very impressed with everyone I have ever dealt with in this organization. On September 15, 2020 I called to update my car insurance for my new car. I spoke to a lady named Marcia. She was very friendly and courteous. She explained everything to me and did not try to rush me through the call. I was told exactly what my new payment would be and that I was totally satisfied. In 2014 I was in a terrible automobile accident and Grange had my back all the way. I tell everyone about my positive experiences with Grange. I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with your customer service and the people with whom I have dealt.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Pamela, we're so glad to hear that our customer service and claims teams have provided you with a great experience throughout the years. We appreciate you sharing about your experiences with others! We'll make sure to share your feedback with our teams.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have been with Grange for many many years. Over a decade in total but this last time I was with them for 7 years! Glass claims and auto damage claims were so simple and in most cases free! Their customer reps on the phone are so helpful and kind. They answer my questions and say thank you often. I even got disconnected today by accident on my end and they called me back within seconds and apologized even when it wasn't their fault! Great service today and always. I would only ever change providers due to cost savings over a significant amount. Thanks so much grange for always taking care of my family and I.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Heaven, we're glad your experience met with your satisfaction! We'll make sure to share this with our Claims department.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with. Having spoken with her previously she recalled the information that I had shared with her and quickly found me in their system and effectively handled my concerns (each time). I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facing team members like Annie will make it hard for me to leave. Very knowledgeable, does not need to put you on hold multiple times, very engaging, and efficient. I would highly recommend Grange based primarily on knowledgeable people like Annie (and they have great rates too).

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Johnie, we're so glad Annie was able to provide you with an excellent customer experience! We will share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange and thank Annie for a job well done.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Over the years, I have had several interactions with insurance agents. My experiences have generally been negative, until now. Your claims agent, Corey **, has been exceptionally attentive. He called me to report the status of my situation, and preempted events by calling the repair shop, and also the Enterprise rental office to have all the paperwork ready and waiting for me to arrive. He then called me to tell me the check for the repairs has been sent to the repair shop, and it will be waiting for my endorsement. The paperwork was detailed and thorough. Corey has been excellent and I could not be more pleased. Mike

Grange Auto Insurance response

Mike, we're so glad to hear that Corey was such a help to you throughout the claim process. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people and thank Corey for a job well done.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had a very small touch on a car while backing up in a crowded parking lot. No serious damage. My agent at Homestead Insurance was as Professional as could be. Next having just changed to Grange with a problem I didn't know what to expect. The agent from Grange reviewed with me what happened and settled the claim representing my interest. They do business the old fashion way. Proper and Honest. I will always be a customer of Grange Ins. I was with a National name brand insurance for many years and tried to do a consolidation, after 2 months it still wasn't done. That's what made me look for something else. That's when I found Homestead agency and they introduced me to Grange. Grange did it in 4 days with much more coverage and a better rate.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ron, we're so glad you're a Grange customer! This is great to hear and thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I’ve had my home and auto insurance with Grange for 3 years and no claims. I found better rates elsewhere and called to terminate my policies. I spoke with Tina. She was friendly, professional, and gracious. I will definitely consider them again when comparing rates in the future.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Angela, we're sorry to hear this, but we're glad to hear that Tina provided you with great service. Thank you for keeping Grange in mind for your future insurance needs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I just want to say I am very please with the whole company. The customer service was great and I am insured with auto and home. I bought a new vehicle and the person I talked to on the phone was great. Thank you.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Sylvie, we're glad to hear you were satisfied with your experience. We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Merry was very professional, patient, and generous with her time; she researched and communicated all options available to me. As a result of her diligence, I was able to switch ALL auto coverage over to Grange — improving my coverage levels for a fraction of the cost. This pleasant interaction reminded me why it was such a wise decision to become a Grange customer years ago.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Charles, we appreciate you sharing about your experience with Grange! We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had the misfortune of being rear ended by a policyholder of Grange. Jessica made this process as painless as possible. She set up the appointment at the shop and had the car rental company call me to confirm the date and time I wanted the rental. I expected a good deal of resistance and runaround since it was not my insurance company. However, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would give them higher than a 5 star rating if it was available. Jessica thank you very much!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Tonya, we're so glad to hear your experience met with your satisfaction. We'll make sure to thank Jessica for a job well done.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

This insurance company has the best customer service when calling for questions or filing a claim. They are very thorough and professional offering competitive rates and multi policy discounts. I highly recommend this entity as they are a highly successful company without all the media to back them up.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Adele, we're so glad to hear this! Thank you for sharing about your experiences. We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Grange Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. It has an AM Best rating of A for financial strength. The company has insurance options in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

• Coverage and plans: In addition to basic coverage in line with state regulations, Grange has rental car reimbursement, full glass repair, roadside assistance, gap insurance, pet coverage and umbrella policy.

• Cost: A single, 30-year-old driver pays, on average, $700 a year for Grange auto insurance.

• Discounts: Grange has discounts for good drivers, defensive driving courses, good students, multivehicle policies and upfront payment.

• Standout feature: Grange is an independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through visits to nearby offices.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor