4.0/5 (127 ratings)
Get a Quote on SmartFinancial

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

About Grange Insurance

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

Pros

• Pet coverage options
  • Personalized insurance
  • Online payments

Cons

• Some reviews claim prolonged waits
  • Available only in 13 states

Bottom Line

Grange’s auto insurance is available only in the Midwest and the Southeast. It’s ideal for drivers in its service area who want personalized coverage and prefer working with a local agent over a fully online experience.

Top Grange Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with… I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facin...

Verified

Merry was very professional, patient, and generous with her time; she researched and communicated all options available to me. As a result of her diligence, I was able to switch A...

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

What is Grange auto insurance?

Grange is an insurance provider that works through independent agents in 13 states in the Midwest and the Southeast. It offers quality auto coverage and personalizes policies to fit your lifestyle. Ideally, its local agents get to know your situation so they can better understand how to customize coverage to your particular needs.

How does Grange auto insurance work?

Grange works like most auto insurance companies, except it doesn’t provide quotes or sell its services directly online. Instead, you'll need to visit Grange's website to find your nearest local agent, who can walk you through your policy options. Its policies offer basic protection, like liability, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. It also provides these add-on coverage options:

• Full glass repair and towing
  • Identity theft
  • Original manufacturer equipment
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Pet injury and mobile device
  • Loan/lease gap coverage
  • Personal umbrella
  • Boat, RV and motorcycle

Grange auto insurance quotes and rates

You can get a quote for Grange auto insurance through a local agent. Its rates can vary widely based on your age, location, driving record and more, but its average costs seem to hover around $178.79 monthly. Grange also offers lots of discounts, including:

• Good student
  • Multipolicy
  • Multicar
  • Pay in full
  • OnTrack telematics app
  • Safe driver
  • Good student

Grange FAQ

Where does Grange write policies?

Grange offers auto insurance to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Does Grange have accident forgiveness?

Yes, Grange offers accident forgiveness with some of its policies.

Where is Grange headquartered?

Grange's headquarters are located in Columbus, Ohio.

Is Grange insurance good?

Yes, Grange is a good insurance company that offers basic coverage and lots of add-on protections, like pet insurance, full glass repair and identity theft. Although not the cheapest insurance option, its policies are fairly affordable, especially with its many discounts. It’s worth looking into if you want a regional company that focuses on one-on-one customer service.

Grange Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I have been a Grange Insurance customer for 3 years but never had to submit a claim. Unfortunately a hit & run driver made it necessary to report an incident. Layla was a terrific customer service representative and helped me get an appointment for a repair estimate. I feel confident the process of getting my Honda Civic fixed will continue to go smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Whenever I contact them for anything, a claim, paperwork, cards or tech support they are always prompt on the phone (no waiting for any length of time to speak with someone). They are well informed on the issue, can get the info I need or help me to file a claim. Not only that their rates are very reasonable and claims are handled swiftly.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I called Grange Insurance inquiring about a new roof discount. I spoke with Ashley who was very friendly and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and then some. I am a first time homeowner and am still learning the ins and outs of owning a home. Ashley was able to guide me through making sure I had all the discounts available but most importantly she made sure my house value and coverage was sufficient with today's market. She made any changes needed, informed me more about escrow and even went as far as to check my auto policy to ensure I was getting all available discounts. Ashely was extremely refreshing in her customer service approach. Her knowledge was exceptional and her assistance was outstanding. In today's world, highly uncommon unfortunately.

I was hesitant to call initially but upon ending the call I was more than satisfied with the help received and actually quite comfortable with the results of the call and happy I made it. This is the most recent and best experience with Grange Insurance. That being said, every time I've contacted them, even when they replaced my roof, it has been a hassle free and surprisingly pleasant experience. I highly recommend Grange Insurance and if you don't believe me, try them and judge for yourself. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Original review: April 28, 2022

After nearly 60 years of driving, we had 2 minor accidents over the past 2 years. The first, with another insurance company was handled very poorly and offered no assistance at all. They were rude, condescending and completely unhelpful. Very poor for our first experience at dealing with a claim. We terminated that 10+ year relationship immediately and came to Grange.

A Canadian goose attacked my wife's SUV while it was moving about 40 mph on the road. Did damage to the front grille and bumper. Goose was a suicide. I went to Grange's website to report the incident on Saturday, 4/16/22. Got a call from a Grange Claims Representative (Julie **) on Monday morning. She provided me with email, text and phone contact information and I emailed her photos of the damage (which was only cosmetic). She forwarded the photos to her estimators and a preliminary estimate was issued immediately with a check following on 4/22/22.

Went to the Repair facility 4/27/22 and they concurred with the estimate and are in the process of ordering parts to complete the repair. Both Grange and Ms. ** made this a very painless procedure for me. Nobody at Grange made me feel like they were too busy to communicate with me anytime I needed questions answered. I consider this service above and beyond the call of duty. I hope to be a long-term Grange policyholder based on the service I have received so far.

Original review: April 2, 2022

We had a fire at our house that ultimately damaged 2 of our vehicles. We do carry full coverage on all of our vehicles even though a couple of them are a little older. In this instance I have had to work with home owners ins as well as someone else's insurance company to get all of the damage resolved, but Grange (Brad) jumped right in to gear from day one. He has worked hard to get our vehicles fixed right and as efficiently as possible. They made it super simple to get a rental. It has definitely been the only bright spot in this situation. I have been with Grange for several years and had a claim or 2 in the past and have always had a good experience. I would definitely recommend Grange to anyone for car insurance needs.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I received excellent customer service when I called to report a vehicle collision. The representative was very professional and courteous. She gave me all of the information I needed. She went above and beyond.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I have had this account for a while now, and could never get my profile to set up, so with a day off I was able to call tech support. Jamie did a wonderful job helping me get things accomplished, in just a matter of minutes. I have been happy with Grange Insurance so far, but this adds a new appreciation for them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Terry, who is a Grange customer service representative, helped me with an issue that I had on my end. I was very impressed with his communication skills, his product knowledge, his overall people skills and the issue was resolved. All of the above made for a very pleasant telephone experience. I highly recommend Grange.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I was extremely fortunate in having Laura on the other end of the phone at Grange Insurance when I called regarding my my policy. She was extremely knowledgeable, kind, logical, kind, considerate, and patient and she is an absolute asset to Grange and chunks.

Original review: July 14, 2022

My agent Melissa did everything to make sure that I was completely logged in and satisfied before she let me hang up. Very thoughtful, very thorough and I truly appreciated all of it! Also worth reporting that navigating their phone system and getting to a CSR that willingly handled my issue was a breeze.

Grange Insurance Company Information