Find a Car Insurance partner

2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

3.8/5 (105 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Grange Auto Insurance

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

Pros

• Pet coverage options
  • Personalized insurance
  • Online payments

Cons

• Some reviews claim prolonged waits
  • Available only in 13 states

Bottom Line

Grange’s auto insurance is available only in the Midwest and the Southeast. It’s ideal for drivers in its service area who want personalized coverage and prefer working with a local agent over a fully online experience.

Top Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with… I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facin...

Verified

Merry was very professional, patient, and generous with her time; she researched and communicated all options available to me. As a result of her diligence, I was able to switch A...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Grange auto insurance?

Grange is an insurance provider that works through independent agents in 13 states in the Midwest and the Southeast. It offers quality auto coverage and personalizes policies to fit your lifestyle. Ideally, its local agents get to know your situation so they can better understand how to customize coverage to your particular needs.

How does Grange auto insurance work?

Grange works like most auto insurance companies, except it doesn’t provide quotes or sell its services directly online. Instead, you'll need to visit Grange's website to find your nearest local agent, who can walk you through your policy options. Its policies offer basic protection, like liability, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. It also provides these add-on coverage options:

• Full glass repair and towing
  • Identity theft
  • Original manufacturer equipment
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Pet injury and mobile device
  • Loan/lease gap coverage
  • Personal umbrella
  • Boat, RV and motorcycle

Grange auto insurance quotes and rates

You can get a quote for Grange auto insurance through a local agent. Its rates can vary widely based on your age, location, driving record and more, but its average costs seem to hover around $178.79 monthly. Grange also offers lots of discounts, including:

• Good student
  • Multipolicy
  • Multicar
  • Pay in full
  • OnTrack telematics app
  • Safe driver
  • Good student

Grange FAQ

Where does Grange write policies?
Grange offers auto insurance to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Does Grange have accident forgiveness?
Yes, Grange offers accident forgiveness with some of its policies.
Where is Grange headquartered?
Grange's headquarters are located in Columbus, Ohio.

Is Grange insurance good?

Yes, Grange is a good insurance company that offers basic coverage and lots of add-on protections, like pet insurance, full glass repair and identity theft. Although not the cheapest insurance option, its policies are fairly affordable, especially with its many discounts. It’s worth looking into if you want a regional company that focuses on one-on-one customer service.

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I contacted the Grange Customer Care Center as I had confusion regarding my paperless billing notices, payment history, and applicable discounts. "Monica" was the Customer Service representative that assisted me. She was an outstanding representative and is truly an asset to her company. She was congenial, clear spoken, knowledgeable, and took the time to research my account in order to answer every single question I had. She definitely clarified everything that I had been confused about. I would say she is one of the very best Customer Service representatives that has ever assisted me. Thank you Monica!

Original review: May 11, 2021

I called Grange Insurance Company last week to remove a total loss and add a new vehicle to my policy. I connected with Bright and was immediately met with a friendly voice and attitude. Bright was able to quickly and efficiently complete what I needed done even through a few technical difficulties. He made conversation with me and asked questions about me to build rapport, which I loved because I have a difficult time making phone calls due to generalized anxiety disorder. He made me feel comfortable throughout the process; it was also my first time having to do something like this by myself! He made it incredibly easy.

Bright also made me aware that once my new car was added, there was a rebate on my account and that he would be able to mail me a check! After experiencing the wreck which caused the total loss of my original car, I have had to make a lot of phone calls and talk to a lot of customer services representatives while trying to get everything sorted out -- Bright was definitely one of the most pleasant people I had the experience of chatting with! He is a huge asset to the Grange Insurance team.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Jeanne S. made a stressful situation go smoothly. Being in my first car accident, Jeanne walked me thru the steps, explained everything in detail, was very patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and explain how the process works. Worked very quickly to get my body shop repaired, car seats replaced. THANK YOU!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Autumn, we're sorry you were in a stressful situation, but we're so glad that Jeanne was able to provide you with great customer service and make the stressful situation go smoothly. Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have had multiple interactions with Grange Insurance Company over the past 15 years. Recently we added a new vehicle to our policy. The agent was friendly and took care of my needs along with taking the time to review the coverage on our other vehicles. I can never remember an interaction that was not a positive experience. Whether it was coverage on our vehicles, boat or home the agents were knowledgeable and has given us great customer service. Insurance is necessary, so grateful to have a company that gives our family total confidence and peace of mind.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Cheryl, we're so glad your experiences continue to meet your satisfaction! Thank you for sharing and we'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I called to add a vehicle to my policy and had the pleasure of speaking with Bright O. He was more than an Account Manager. He totally went above and beyond the call of duty. He was patient and knowledgeable and so very kind. After sharing my thoughts of possibly switching carriers he took the time to review my current policy and was able to find a substantial discount that saved some $$$. He totally exceeded my expectations. He’s a true gem and Grange is lucky to have him on their team!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Michi, we're very glad to hear that Bright was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for sharing! We'll make sure to thank Bright for a job well done.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I was in my first accident and had gotten a phone call from the representative within 3 hours of filing my claim. She was responsive, understanding, and helpful. She helped set up everything with the tow company, collision repair, and rental. Any additional questions got a prompt response. My entire experience was less stressful than I was expecting and I got great coverage.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Have been with Grange Insurance over 2 yrs now. Customer/Claims Service is excellent. Reps are very understanding, helpful, quick to respond and walk you through the process. Recommend Grange Insurance to all!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Grange is not reputable and should not be trusted to pay out what you are due. They partner with sub-standard repair & towing facilities, make you do all the leg work that an adjuster should do, cut every corner possible financially and do not fully pay for the necessary repairs to fix your vehicle. Not worth the hassle.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

My company has been with Grange for over 1 1/2 years. We are very pleased with the timely processing of our claims and responsiveness to our needs. I would recommend Grange to others. They have worked hard on getting to know our business, and tailor to our needs.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I have been trying to set up my acct for 2 weeks with no luck. Ellis talked me thru the whole process and explained it all to me. I am not computer savvy and doing things like this are very confusing. Ellis was very patient and took his time. I felt like he really cared about my problem. Thank you Ellis!!!

Grange Auto Insurance Company Information