2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance.

BOTTOM LINE

Grange is a regional insurance company offering auto insurance to customers in the Midwest and Southeast states. It offers standard and customized insurance coverages packaged to conform with local driving and auto insurance laws within the region. Customers are satisfied with the company’s customer service and competitive rates.

PROS

• High customer claims experience
  • Standard and customized coverages
  • Great financial standing
  • Online policy management
  • Network of local and independent agents
  • Hybrid vehicle discount

CONS

• Claims response times can vary
  • Coverage limited to 13 states

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have been with Grange for many many years. Over a decade in total but this last time I was with them for 7 years! Glass claims and auto damage claims were so simple and in most cases free! Their customer reps on the phone are so helpful and kind. They answer my questions and say thank you often. I even got disconnected today by accident on my end and they called me back within seconds and apologized even when it wasn't their fault! Great service today and always. I would only ever change providers due to cost savings over a significant amount. Thanks so much grange for always taking care of my family and I.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Heaven, we're glad your experience met with your satisfaction! We'll make sure to share this with our Claims department.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I've been using Grange for about 5 years now and have had a series of misfortunes with my vehicles. Had one accident (my fault) on which they paid both the other driver and myself swiftly, a cracked windshield covered under my glass coverage, also paid swiftly and repaired in no time, a broken driver's side window in Winter, once again fixed and paid for with no quibbles and now a parking lot disaster where it looks like a Mack truck hit my right quarter panel. Called them and they went right to work. Any other company would have dropped me after the windshield incident. My rates didn't even go up after that accident. Friendly and efficient folks. Keep up the good work I say.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Robert, we're glad to hear Grange has met with your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experiences with others!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Over the years, I have had several interactions with insurance agents. My experiences have generally been negative, until now. Your claims agent, Corey **, has been exceptionally attentive. He called me to report the status of my situation, and preempted events by calling the repair shop, and also the Enterprise rental office to have all the paperwork ready and waiting for me to arrive. He then called me to tell me the check for the repairs has been sent to the repair shop, and it will be waiting for my endorsement. The paperwork was detailed and thorough. Corey has been excellent and I could not be more pleased. Mike

Grange Auto Insurance response

Mike, we're so glad to hear that Corey was such a help to you throughout the claim process. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people and thank Corey for a job well done.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had a very small touch on a car while backing up in a crowded parking lot. No serious damage. My agent at Homestead Insurance was as Professional as could be. Next having just changed to Grange with a problem I didn't know what to expect. The agent from Grange reviewed with me what happened and settled the claim representing my interest. They do business the old fashion way. Proper and Honest. I will always be a customer of Grange Ins. I was with a National name brand insurance for many years and tried to do a consolidation, after 2 months it still wasn't done. That's what made me look for something else. That's when I found Homestead agency and they introduced me to Grange. Grange did it in 4 days with much more coverage and a better rate.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Ron, we're so glad you're a Grange customer! This is great to hear and thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had the misfortune of being rear ended by a policyholder of Grange. Jessica made this process as painless as possible. She set up the appointment at the shop and had the car rental company call me to confirm the date and time I wanted the rental. I expected a good deal of resistance and runaround since it was not my insurance company. However, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would give them higher than a 5 star rating if it was available. Jessica thank you very much!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Tonya, we're so glad to hear your experience met with your satisfaction. We'll make sure to thank Jessica for a job well done.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

This insurance company has the best customer service when calling for questions or filing a claim. They are very thorough and professional offering competitive rates and multi policy discounts. I highly recommend this entity as they are a highly successful company without all the media to back them up.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Adele, we're so glad to hear this! Thank you for sharing about your experiences. We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have had the pleasure of talking to some of the most kind and helpful customer service people that I have ever encountered. My experience with Grange has been absolutely wonderful because every time I call they are kind and work to make sure they are doing what is best for me, explaining my options, and talking me through every step. Grange not only gave me the best competitive prices but continues to impress me with their professionalism.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Meghan, this is so great to hear! We're glad your experiences with Grange have met with your satisfaction. We'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I've had this insurance for more than 10 years and have paid mostly online. No problem, very quick and efficient. Then they overhauled the website and I have so many danged problems I'm ready to start looking for a different insurer. Sometimes the block of information where I fill in my payment information just doesn't show up. Not at all. Going out of the website, then back. Still nothing. I called Customer Service and finally (I thought) got it fixed, but 2 months later, same problem.

I make my payments by phone now. Must admit that the wait time is a little longer than I'd like but not bad. The best part about this, however, is the customer service I've spoke with on the phone have both been REALLY nice - sympathetic, but not overboard and very efficient and helpful. Also, don't like the way rates have gone up. I pay about $50 more than when I started. But I'm an older driver, so I'm not sure that I'll find anything significantly less expensive than the rates I have now. Overall, I feel the company is relatively easy to work with. The website, however, is not.

Grange Auto Insurance response

We're very sorry to hear about your experience paying online, but we're glad you found our customer service team helpful. We'll make sure to share your feedback to the appropriate people at Grange. Our rates can sometimes change based on a number of different factors. Consider speaking with your independent agent about options to manage your insurance costs, including looking for any new discounts for which you may qualify.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I felt safe with Grange Insurance. The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the weekend I had an accident I could not reach anyone and I felt agitated. The customer service staff were always, courteous, professional and I would always be pleased afterwards.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Sylvia, we appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that overall, your experience met with your satisfaction. We'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Grange Auto Insurance technical support was extremely helpful! They were able to answer all of my questions, and made the process simple. I would highly recommend Grange for both cost and technical support!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jay! We're happy to hear your experience with our auto technical support team met with your satisfaction. We'll share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Grange Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Grange offers auto, business, home and life insurance. It has an AM Best rating of A for financial strength. The company has insurance options in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

• Coverage and plans: In addition to basic coverage in line with state regulations, Grange has rental car reimbursement, full glass repair, roadside assistance, gap insurance, pet coverage and umbrella policy.

• Cost: A single, 30-year-old driver pays, on average, $700 a year for Grange auto insurance.

• Discounts: Grange has discounts for good drivers, defensive driving courses, good students, multivehicle policies and upfront payment.

• Standout feature: Grange is an independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through visits to nearby offices.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor