Find a Car Insurance partner

2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

3.8/5 (98 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Grange Auto Insurance

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

Pros

• Pet coverage options
  • Personalized insurance
  • Online payments

Cons

• Some reviews claim prolonged waits
  • Available only in 13 states

Bottom Line

Grange’s auto insurance is available only in the Midwest and the Southeast. It’s ideal for drivers in its service area who want personalized coverage and prefer working with a local agent over a fully online experience.

Top Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with… I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facin...

Verified

Merry was very professional, patient, and generous with her time; she researched and communicated all options available to me. As a result of her diligence, I was able to switch A...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Grange auto insurance?

Grange is an insurance provider that works through independent agents in 13 states in the Midwest and the Southeast. It offers quality auto coverage and personalizes policies to fit your lifestyle. Ideally, its local agents get to know your situation so they can better understand how to customize coverage to your particular needs.

How does Grange auto insurance work?

Grange works like most auto insurance companies, except it doesn’t provide quotes or sell its services directly online. Instead, you'll need to visit Grange's website to find your nearest local agent, who can walk you through your policy options. Its policies offer basic protection, like liability, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. It also provides these add-on coverage options:

• Full glass repair and towing
  • Identity theft
  • Original manufacturer equipment
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Pet injury and mobile device
  • Loan/lease gap coverage
  • Personal umbrella
  • Boat, RV and motorcycle

Grange auto insurance quotes and rates

You can get a quote for Grange auto insurance through a local agent. Its rates can vary widely based on your age, location, driving record and more, but its average costs seem to hover around $178.79 monthly. Grange also offers lots of discounts, including:

• Good student
  • Multipolicy
  • Multicar
  • Pay in full
  • OnTrack telematics app
  • Safe driver
  • Good student

Grange FAQ

Where does Grange write policies?
Grange offers auto insurance to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Does Grange have accident forgiveness?
Yes, Grange offers accident forgiveness with some of its policies.
Where is Grange headquartered?
Grange's headquarters are located in Columbus, Ohio.

Is Grange insurance good?

Yes, Grange is a good insurance company that offers basic coverage and lots of add-on protections, like pet insurance, full glass repair and identity theft. Although not the cheapest insurance option, its policies are fairly affordable, especially with its many discounts. It’s worth looking into if you want a regional company that focuses on one-on-one customer service.

Grange Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

Original review: May 11, 2021

I called Grange Insurance Company last week to remove a total loss and add a new vehicle to my policy. I connected with Bright and was immediately met with a friendly voice and attitude. Bright was able to quickly and efficiently complete what I needed done even through a few technical difficulties. He made conversation with me and asked questions about me to build rapport, which I loved because I have a difficult time making phone calls due to generalized anxiety disorder. He made me feel comfortable throughout the process; it was also my first time having to do something like this by myself! He made it incredibly easy.

Bright also made me aware that once my new car was added, there was a rebate on my account and that he would be able to mail me a check! After experiencing the wreck which caused the total loss of my original car, I have had to make a lot of phone calls and talk to a lot of customer services representatives while trying to get everything sorted out -- Bright was definitely one of the most pleasant people I had the experience of chatting with! He is a huge asset to the Grange Insurance team.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have had multiple interactions with Grange Insurance Company over the past 15 years. Recently we added a new vehicle to our policy. The agent was friendly and took care of my needs along with taking the time to review the coverage on our other vehicles. I can never remember an interaction that was not a positive experience. Whether it was coverage on our vehicles, boat or home the agents were knowledgeable and has given us great customer service. Insurance is necessary, so grateful to have a company that gives our family total confidence and peace of mind.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Cheryl, we're so glad your experiences continue to meet your satisfaction! Thank you for sharing and we'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people at Grange.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I called to add a vehicle to my policy and had the pleasure of speaking with Bright O. He was more than an Account Manager. He totally went above and beyond the call of duty. He was patient and knowledgeable and so very kind. After sharing my thoughts of possibly switching carriers he took the time to review my current policy and was able to find a substantial discount that saved some $$$. He totally exceeded my expectations. He’s a true gem and Grange is lucky to have him on their team!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Michi, we're very glad to hear that Bright was able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for sharing! We'll make sure to thank Bright for a job well done.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have had my auto and home with Grange for quite a number of years and I am very impressed with everyone I have ever dealt with in this organization. On September 15, 2020 I called to update my car insurance for my new car. I spoke to a lady named Marcia. She was very friendly and courteous. She explained everything to me and did not try to rush me through the call. I was told exactly what my new payment would be and that I was totally satisfied. In 2014 I was in a terrible automobile accident and Grange had my back all the way. I tell everyone about my positive experiences with Grange. I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with your customer service and the people with whom I have dealt.

Grange Auto Insurance response

Pamela, we're so glad to hear that our customer service and claims teams have provided you with a great experience throughout the years. We appreciate you sharing about your experiences with others! We'll make sure to share your feedback with our teams.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had the misfortune of being rear ended by a policyholder of Grange. Jessica made this process as painless as possible. She set up the appointment at the shop and had the car rental company call me to confirm the date and time I wanted the rental. I expected a good deal of resistance and runaround since it was not my insurance company. However, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would give them higher than a 5 star rating if it was available. Jessica thank you very much!

Grange Auto Insurance response

Hi Tonya, we're so glad to hear your experience met with your satisfaction. We'll make sure to thank Jessica for a job well done.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Bob ** is awesome. Very quick to respond to a claim submitted online, very knowledgeable and informative, very quick to respond to the repair estimate. He made a stressful situation MUCH less stressful by his actions and demeanor. My experience with Bob and Grange Auto Insurance was the opposite of the stereotypical experience with an insurance company. Kudos to Grange Auto Insurance for retaining a talented agent.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I am totally impressed with the handling of my claim. Cory ** has been pleasant, understanding, efficient, and expeditious. The damage happened on Monday and I have an appointment for repairs on the following Monday. This is unexpected but much appreciated. He even arranged for the rental car place to bring a car to me when I drop my car off. THIS IS TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE. GREAT JOB!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2021

We had wind damage to our 25 year old roof. Other than the inspector being late, who was not employed with Grange, the process was smooth and without incident. The Grange claims property agent who assisted us throughout the process was very helpful and quick with the processing. I have no complaints about Grange.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Grange. Prior to purchasing a vehicle, I called in to get quotes for the new rates. When the new car was purchased, Anna stayed on the phone with me for 20 minutes as we went through various scenarios to find something that worked for me. She clear and concise. She provided concrete numbers. It was great.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My representative, Bright, was fantastic. He was very helpful in guiding me through what information I needed to switch my renter's insurance address. He was extremely thorough, and went the extra mile. Very personable company overall, easy to use website and customer service call center.

Grange Auto Insurance Company Information