Grange Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Would be nice to be able to talk to someone instead of a computer. Would also be nice to be able to know someone is nearby to answer in questions I have. And the quotes seem a little off. I was told the older you get the lower your insurances goes, I still haven't seen mine go down yet.

My auto insurance is through Grange and what I love about them is that the price is fairly low for someone who hasn't hit the age of 26 and whose mother is also under the same insurance. We can pay up or pay monthly. There's no excessive charges on my mother's bank account. They also send payment reminders. There's also room to keep getting quotes so that my mom and I can get a lower rate.

I am very pleased with the billing and contact information and their website is very friendly to move around in. I have had one claim with them recently and the lack of communication and the response that I got from them was not good. I initiated all phone conversations with the claim adjuster and emails with her supervisor. I would not use the collision repair company that I was informed that I should use as there was no correspondence with them whatsoever. I had to go through the insurance company to find out what the status of my car was. I had to have a rental for a month as it took that long for it to be repaired. Just seemed to be a hassle/fight with everything or it might still not be fixed today.

Signed up because a friend was employed. Haven't had any issues. Very customer service oriented. Never been involved in an accident, so my dealings with the company are limited. No issues.

The people at Grange are very helpful and always find ways to give us great insurance that works with our low budget income. We are very happy with this company and love that it is local and right in town.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Auto Insurance?

My experience has been good. They appear to work with me and have been good during accidents. I do believe they are more expensive than competitors but do not have time in my life to review my options. Plan on doing so first of the year.

I have been satisfied with our auto insurance. They are always responsive to questions. Although I haven't had any accidents, we've added vehicles to our plan and asked for recommendations on the amount of coverage needed per vehicle. We have 4 vehicles on our plan ranging from full coverage to liability to the minimal amount of coverage on a vehicle we don't drive.

Have had this company for more than four years with only one problem. I updated my new address and phone number on their website but somehow it didn't get passed on to my local agent. Which caused a issue in contacting me when I bought a new vehicle. Thankfully I wasn't in a accident because the local agent didn't insure my new vehicle for almost 3 weeks after I bought it. And I had no idea!

We get the coverage we need for our family, especially with two teen drivers. I have been with them for over 30 years as well as my parents. Started with them in high school and my husband switched to them when we got married. They cover auto and home.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Grange Auto Insurance is an independent company offering personalized, localized service through a network of qualified agents with generations of experience at their disposal. They compare coverage from a variety of resources to find the perfect match for new clients.

• 80 years of service: Grange has been in business for more than 80 years, during which they've received high marks in strength and stability.
  • Exclusively independent: Grange is an exclusively independent provider. This means agents are local and accessible through convenient visits to nearby office locations.
  • Expertise: Grange agents are specialists in insurance and its many requirements. They will examine each case individually to find the best combination of coverage and cost.
  • Personalized service: Grange Auto Insurance is more than a toll-free number on the back of a card. They have dedicated staff who you know by name and strive to provide a positive experience.
  • Online access: Complete insurance-related tasks without extra hassles. Grange offers online access for simple tasks such as ordering ID cards, checking weather alerts and billing.
  • Best for New drivers, drivers with a lot of questions and drivers who just purchased a car.

Compare Auto Insurance