3.9/5 (120 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Grange Insurance

Grange Insurance is a regional company that offers auto coverage to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states. It provides standard and customized insurance policies packaged to adhere to local and regional driving and auto insurance laws. The company also offers additional coverage options like pet protection.

Pros

• Pet coverage options
  • Personalized insurance
  • Online payments

Cons

• Some reviews claim prolonged waits
  • Available only in 13 states

Bottom Line

Grange’s auto insurance is available only in the Midwest and the Southeast. It’s ideal for drivers in its service area who want personalized coverage and prefer working with a local agent over a fully online experience.

Top Grange Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Called Grange to add my son to our auto policy. Was connected Annie who was an absolute pleasure to work with… I have been a Grange client for a number of years and customer facin...

Verified

Merry was very professional, patient, and generous with her time; she researched and communicated all options available to me. As a result of her diligence, I was able to switch A...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Grange auto insurance?

Grange is an insurance provider that works through independent agents in 13 states in the Midwest and the Southeast. It offers quality auto coverage and personalizes policies to fit your lifestyle. Ideally, its local agents get to know your situation so they can better understand how to customize coverage to your particular needs.

How does Grange auto insurance work?

Grange works like most auto insurance companies, except it doesn’t provide quotes or sell its services directly online. Instead, you'll need to visit Grange's website to find your nearest local agent, who can walk you through your policy options. Its policies offer basic protection, like liability, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage. It also provides these add-on coverage options:

• Full glass repair and towing
  • Identity theft
  • Original manufacturer equipment
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Pet injury and mobile device
  • Loan/lease gap coverage
  • Personal umbrella
  • Boat, RV and motorcycle

Grange auto insurance quotes and rates

You can get a quote for Grange auto insurance through a local agent. Its rates can vary widely based on your age, location, driving record and more, but its average costs seem to hover around $178.79 monthly. Grange also offers lots of discounts, including:

• Good student
  • Multipolicy
  • Multicar
  • Pay in full
  • OnTrack telematics app
  • Safe driver
  • Good student

Grange FAQ

Where does Grange write policies?

Grange offers auto insurance to drivers in 13 Midwestern and Southeastern states: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Does Grange have accident forgiveness?

Yes, Grange offers accident forgiveness with some of its policies.

Where is Grange headquartered?

Grange's headquarters are located in Columbus, Ohio.

Is Grange insurance good?

Yes, Grange is a good insurance company that offers basic coverage and lots of add-on protections, like pet insurance, full glass repair and identity theft. Although not the cheapest insurance option, its policies are fairly affordable, especially with its many discounts. It’s worth looking into if you want a regional company that focuses on one-on-one customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grange Insurance?

Original review: April 28, 2022

After nearly 60 years of driving, we had 2 minor accidents over the past 2 years. The first, with another insurance company was handled very poorly and offered no assistance at all. They were rude, condescending and completely unhelpful. Very poor for our first experience at dealing with a claim. We terminated that 10+ year relationship immediately and came to Grange.

A Canadian goose attacked my wife's SUV while it was moving about 40 mph on the road. Did damage to the front grille and bumper. Goose was a suicide. I went to Grange's website to report the incident on Saturday, 4/16/22. Got a call from a Grange Claims Representative (Julie **) on Monday morning. She provided me with email, text and phone contact information and I emailed her photos of the damage (which was only cosmetic). She forwarded the photos to her estimators and a preliminary estimate was issued immediately with a check following on 4/22/22.

Went to the Repair facility 4/27/22 and they concurred with the estimate and are in the process of ordering parts to complete the repair. Both Grange and Ms. ** made this a very painless procedure for me. Nobody at Grange made me feel like they were too busy to communicate with me anytime I needed questions answered. I consider this service above and beyond the call of duty. I hope to be a long-term Grange policyholder based on the service I have received so far.

Original review: April 2, 2022

We had a fire at our house that ultimately damaged 2 of our vehicles. We do carry full coverage on all of our vehicles even though a couple of them are a little older. In this instance I have had to work with home owners ins as well as someone else's insurance company to get all of the damage resolved, but Grange (Brad) jumped right in to gear from day one. He has worked hard to get our vehicles fixed right and as efficiently as possible. They made it super simple to get a rental. It has definitely been the only bright spot in this situation. I have been with Grange for several years and had a claim or 2 in the past and have always had a good experience. I would definitely recommend Grange to anyone for car insurance needs.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I spoke with Tracy today in technical support because I couldn't get into my account on Grange because there was a email glitch and password glitch. It was showing one email which was no longer valid and wouldn't let me in under the new email and password. Tracy took the time to look into it. Helped with getting it changed to the correct email and stayed online while everything was taken effect. She was kind, knowledgeable, spoke with respect and dignity even though I was getting a bit fast in my speech because I just couldn't understand what was going on and why it was happening but because she was calm and just took it one step at a time we were able to get through it within just a few minutes. I think Tracy and I think Grange insurance for their wonderful technical support.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I was in my first accident and had gotten a phone call from the representative within 3 hours of filing my claim. She was responsive, understanding, and helpful. She helped set up everything with the tow company, collision repair, and rental. Any additional questions got a prompt response. My entire experience was less stressful than I was expecting and I got great coverage.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I contacted the Grange Customer Care Center as I had confusion regarding my paperless billing notices, payment history, and applicable discounts. "Monica" was the Customer Service representative that assisted me. She was an outstanding representative and is truly an asset to her company. She was congenial, clear spoken, knowledgeable, and took the time to research my account in order to answer every single question I had. She definitely clarified everything that I had been confused about. I would say she is one of the very best Customer Service representatives that has ever assisted me. Thank you Monica!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I called to confirm my payment amount as you get a discount for paying for the year. I then asked about changing my email and she transferred me to tech support who then walked me through the process and confirmed I could still get into my account before wishing me a great day and signing off.

Original review: June 1, 2022

My carpet was damaged by a renter, and Grange paid 80% of total cost to replace. Secondly, they only paid 50% refund today. The remaining amount will only be paid after I purchase the new carpet. This is unacceptable. Why?

1. No other insurance company has kept my money EVER! I have received total payment for all claims.
    2. I get a year to submit a new carpet purchase receipt. However, my year started when the damage occurred not when I submitted the claim 6 months later. Why the late submission, legal issues were being addressed between the renter and me that impacted the claim submission process.

3. I am undergoing significant home remodeling. Common sense and professional designers plan carpet to be installed last after construction. My remodelling will be 1-2 years for completion. Trying to find contractors in this day and age, will take months. I only get 6 months before they cancel the remaining 50% refund.

Is that fair? I suggested they start a subrogation process; in which, I could get my renter's insurance company to pay the damage cost, but they will not give me the balance of the refund even if I participate in the subrogation process. It's a shame policy takes priority over a Win-Win scenario for both Grange and me, the customer. They have lost a customer for life! Caveat emptor.

Original review: April 6, 2022

After retirement I had all my bills automatically debited when due, well almost everything. My older brother and I were on a cross country road trip recently (one of many we have done since retirement) when my policies came due and subsequently lapsed. Matt from customer service assisted me greatly in this process, Thanks Matt.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I spoke with Gina" this evening, very professional and very nice, she explained everything for me to understand" and resent the info to my place of residence. Thank you Gina and thank you for understanding".

Original review: March 23, 2022

Jack took my call regarding a sewer backup and made the whole process of submitting my claim easy, stress-free and fast. He explained the process and made me very happy that we chose Grange to handle not only our auto insurance but our homeowner policy as well!

Grange Insurance Company Information