2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,450 ratings submitted in the last year

State Farm is well known for its auto and homeowners insurances. When you request an auto coverage quote, State Farm suggests one of its three levels of protection. You can also select add-ons and see if you qualify for discounts. The company has a large network of local agents to assist with policy management.

State Farm Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

State Farm Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Auto Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

We purchased a supplemental "Systems" policy with our Homeowner's Insurance. 5 days ago, our electrical system failed. We have damage to several appliances. Had a licensed electrician out who assessed the situation. Yes, the system is old, thus, it now needs to be replaced. There wasn't a "surge" or "lightning" or anything else that State Farm TRIED to blame it on. It is a "system" failure. Although State Farm's VERY RUDE rep JEREMY tried to diagnose the cause over the phone trying to blame it on these things, sight unseen. Where is his electrical license? We've had a professional assess it!!!!

It is now DAY 5 without a State Farm rep at our home. We have no heat/no electricity. My husband (disabled veteran) and I have medical needs and we have an adult son with special needs. So far, State Farm has done everything they can to ignore us or come up with excuses not to pay our claim. They will not provide us lodging either.

I'm 63. Never filed a claim in my life. We bundled our car and homeowners with State Farm and trusted them to be there for us. I cannot recommend this company to anyone seeking insurance. Read the posts on Facebook about State Farm! All of these people can't be wrong as they share their complete dissatisfaction with this company. I only wish I had checked out State Farm's record before I handed them over our money. I hope to be able to interface with the local media and get them involved in looking into the matter to bring awareness to the worthlessness of these "Systems" policies that State Farm is upselling to their customers. Shame on you, State Farm!!!! Do better!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

We have been with State Farm for almost 50 years, have been mostly happy with them until I was involved in a accident a year ago where my vehicle was not even touched and the other vehicle was struck from behind. State Farm paid out to the driver without any notice. Took my safe driver discount and my insurance went up a lot. After finding out I went to my agent and he stated that there was nothing he could do because I had six insurance claims. Two broken windshields, four roadside calls for a bad battery. They paid the driver over $11,000.00 for a accident that I was not at fault for and I’m paying the price for.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

It has locked keys inside service, roadside service, tow service, car rental when yours breaks down on the road, and so much more just by calling one phone number. Or if your car or truck has On Star you can get a discount for it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

My daughter had a wreck and called our insurance company that called roadside assistance. 4.5 hours and no one showed up. The insurance company called some days later asking where was it towed to, I told them it was not towed. After waiting 5 hours my daughter took a very dangerous chance and drove it home off the street.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Had to wait over 24 hours for them to respond to my home. Too many phone calls. Some representatives were not knowledgeable. In the end, the young man who showed up to my house keep having to run to the store to buy stuff he should have had, so it took him over 2 1/2 hours to change a battery that was at least $50 over priced.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

State Farm is very good friendly people & I feel good rates on home & auto's. They also have other options such as savings.. I have been with them for approx 25 years. I ran out of gasoline & they got someone to help me. My car wouldn't start & they sent a tow truck..

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

State Farm has always been a peace of mind in any kind of homeowners nightmare so adding our vehicles to the insurance policy was definitely a no-brainers. Good to know that State farm has my best interest at heart.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

This is a terrific insurance. They give you special rates when you bundle. They also have special discounts for teen drivers in the household which include one for good grades and for also being a safe driver, as in no accidents or speeding tickets.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

It's been good company for me. Dependable auto insurance. Always got my back. Fast claim and good service and good prices. I got into accident 2 years ago and they were very helpful with my claim and they fix my car right away and people at the claim center are very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We have been with State Farm for over 30 years. Combining car, home, etc. helps to get the discounts. Every once in a while we check with other companies to compare rates and State Farm has worked out to be the best rates and coverage.

State Farm Auto Insurance Company Information