Call toll free*
Based on 389 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free
It's that easy*

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Progressive Insurance offers several different vehicle and property insurance products. Progressive is a verified carrier of InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Contact InsuraMatch to view quotes from Progressive and others, in one easy phone call.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 18, 2018

2778 Progressive Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

This is a waste of money with Progressive. I had used Geico for 15 years. Always received very good service when I needed help. Progressive left me and my 71 year old mother sitting on the side of the road for over 5 hours. They wanted over 225.00 to tow my tow dolly 22 miles when I had a flat. They wanted over 650.00 to come change said flat and I pay for roadside service every month. It's the only thing I have ever used on my insurance policies. I have had Geico come tow me almost 100 miles to get me somewhere to change a tire and they have come towed my motorhome out of the ditch when I got stuck and never charged me a penny. Progressive is a joke and not a funny one at that. I went back to Geico this morning and my next flat I won't have to fix.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Absolutely terrible recent experience with Progressive. I had an accident (first) last month when other driver was not looking making a turn. He has no registration, no insurance, bad driving history. Progressive Claim Rep Dontae ** said Progressive will take care of it and since I have full coverage and perfect history they will pay me under uninsured motorist coverage and waive deductible and it will not affect my premiums. After a month of waiting I got a check for $235 per their estimate for bumper replacement, horn and turn signal repair (real estimate from body shop for $1,200) as they said they cannot place other driver 100% at fault. They do not investigate accidents! Don't trust them! Stay away of Progressive!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

My Progressive rate went up by approximately $1000 per year when they found out I was married to a female. Had I been married to a male, they said it would be $800 less per year. I asked repeatedly what factors were going into this increase, they repeatedly said gender appeared to be the only relevant factor. This is outrageous, especially given that women are statistically less likely to be in accidents at all, much less in ones that cause a significant amount of damage. Furthermore, although women being charged more for car insurance is common practice, the rates NEVER differ by over 100% in any research I could find. And this difference wasn't even due to my own sex, it was due to the sex of the person I am married to who isn't even insured by this company. After 7 years of a perfect driving record, I would have expected more from this company. I am disgusted.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Worst roadside assistance ever. I had to wait 4 entire hours to get my car jumpstart and all they did was say, "Oh the system was down to contact anyone." So they didn’t even call me to let me know there was technical difficulties. I was stranded for 4 hours for a simple jumpstart. Worst company ever. If I could give a negative star I would.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I got into an auto accident 08/30/17. The accident was solely the fault of the Progressive Ins company's insured. I did have to have several months of doctor visits and physical therapy for my shoulder. Every step of the way, I tried to stay in contact with them. It was near impossible to get a hold of the agent representing me and no other agent could access the claim so they were unable to help. No matter how many times I told the agent when I was available to talk, she would always call on Friday at 11a or 12p during work hours. This has been one headache after another trying to get the claim settled. I have been without a car because of this and was not paid enough to afford another car. My husband got a car soon after and we have them as our insurance provider. But they do not treat us any better. I am switching. They will get no more money from us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have 3 days calling Progressive. They cancelled my policy stating no payment since November 2017 - March 2018. My registration was cancelled. I sent them via fax all the payments made every month 500 for 3 cars. I called managers and gave all my information yet they have said the money must have gone to another policy to another person meaning I paid somebody random their insurance. I had to get insurance with Geico. The Progressive guy called me back today basically saying they can't find the money as if me and my family paid $500 a month to give it away.

I am so angry I can't even understand how can Progressive think I am just going to accept losing all that money that was not applied to my account. I faxed bank statements and have a confirmation and they have not bothered to research. I had to pay registration and they put me in collections. I will file a claim with my bank and Monday a small claim in court. One star because if not review would not submit.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was hit in the back qtr panel in Aug. Wasn't my fault. The other driver wasn't ticketed cause it happened in a "private" parking lot. These idiots sent me a check for the deductible amt instead of sending it to the repair shop. When I received the check I called and inquired about it. "Oh yeah you can use it. It's yours to spend". Come to find it it needed to be sent to the repair shop instead of me after spending it so I was outta pocket $500 on their stupid behalf. I wanted to go after her insurance company but told, "Thats what full coverage is for. It's a no-fault state". Huh?

Idc I was hit and it wasn't my fault why must I go through my insurance. My rate was slightly raised after that even though I wasn't at fault. I hate to be in an accident paying for the roadside assistance that I'm currently paying and then they refuse to tow. I hate State farm but I hate Progressive more. They were once a decent company but not anymore. There's no communication from the claim adjusters. Save yourself the trouble. All these insurance companies are a complete rip off. Don't know what sense it makes to have insurance and not be able to use cause they jack the rates up just crazy.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I canceled my policy and was due a refund for the remainder of the coverage period. After nearly two weeks and three phone calls the money still had not been put back into my account. I received conflicting information from Progressive customer service reps each time I called and still no resolution. My experience with my policy was not bad until the complete lack of responsibility of handling the cancellation. Holding someone's money for 12 days is not reasonable, nor is giving then different stories when they call. Progressive has apparently forgotten the number of insurance companies out there vying for business and over time their lack of good faith will result in fewer customers.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We were hit by an SUV while parked in a parking lot. My car was pushed into my teen son spraining both his knees, both hips and straining his lower back. He had six weeks of medical treatment, E.R., MRI, physical therapy, etc. Both drivers had Progressive. The SUV was at fault per police & Progressive. He even left the scene of an injury accident & refused to give identifying info or insurance. I had to track him down. Progressive told me they’d treat it like 2 different agencies and I’d have an adjuster to help us along the process. Nope. After I made the claim I never heard from my “adjuster” & when I called her she said the only adjuster is the other driver’s adjuster! One adjuster raised her voice at me & tried to intimidate me, said she had all the photos they needed from their other customer. And unless I had photos from the scene of the accident to prove what car the other driver had I didn’t know what I was talking about. WHAT?

Remember, they're at fault, driver left the scene of an accident that involved an injury of my child? I didn’t have time to take photos. He was gone within 10 minutes of hitting me and declaring there was no damage. He certainly didn’t have photos needed to show my son’s injuries or car damage. The next adjuster actually said, “he’s young and will heal fast.” Then made an offer: UP TO $5,000 in Medical Bills and $750 for inconvenience, pain and suffering!

They actually put a limit on the medical bills and offered a minimum for my son’s pain and suffering & they refuse to pay our actual out of pocket expenses directly related to the injury. I spoke with 2 managers. Nothing changed. Then another adjuster just gave me a 5 day deadline to submit all medical bills BUT NO ONE at Progressive will return my requests for a list of bills they do have. There are 2 days left. We were their customer for 8 years and had 7 policies (home, auto, etc.). Clearly, we aren’t a valued customer! I would never recommend them to anyone, ever.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Policy Price Increase - Terrible customer service. I called twice on January 12, 2018 and fully disclosed my insurance background, which has zero claims. All information disclosed at quote and then separate payment of policy was accurate and correct. I was asked to provide proof of coverage and policy from prior insurance company. I did as requested on January 17, 2018 to upload@progressive.com. After 3rd month I am sent an unbelievable increase charge. After many hours of disconnected phone calls and "pass the buck" attitude, I was advised it is what it is basically. I asked them to review the phone calls from January 12, 2018 and they said they would not because it would NOT matter. I will be contacting the Florida Insurance Commissioner very soon. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 10, 2018

This is the second time Progressive did not cover a repair for my vehicle. I'm stuck with thousands of dollars in repairs along with an insurance premium. What's the point of insurance, when it does not cover you? I'm wasting money with Progressive. Please beware, I know that most insurance companies are bad, but Progressive is the worst. If you need auto insurance, find another company.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I went to file a claim from an accident a few months ago. When I received a check on the mail saying it's a "no fault" accident and "for repairs" to my name. So I deposit the check it to my bank. Few days later I got a "chargeback" and now I am paying for it. Progressive will not reimburse the money you lost. The bank will only reimburse your overdraft fees which is very minuscule. I went to contact my claim representative Nicole **, she gave me a text to call customer service when the letter does say call the claims department about this check. When I called number on the letter of the check it would lead to the claims department. Strange, I called my claim representative Nicole again at least a total of 3 times. She does not pick up phone even on working hours. I called the customer service and they gave me a number to the manager. I also enjoyed a bit of trash talking that the customer service said about Nicole.

What I found odd that when I looked at my online account I saw that I was awarded with a check and I deposited the check, when I got chargebacked the check that I was award online was disappeared. I called the manager Elaine ** and she was also on vacation. I was called a few days later after leaving a message to Elaine and it was someone else than Elaine saying that Progressive can't really reimburse you about the check because I deposited it and it was claim representative that supposed let you know that the check was not for me, but for "another party". Now that doesn't make sense... Nicole never called at all. Just a few things about accident claims: Only the manager and your claims representative can see through your case, so if you go through customer service, they can't help you unless you reach your claim representative or if you reach the manager.

I went to the bank (Chase) and they are helpful about my situation. If you know about chargebacks basically if you cash a check that was given to you by a party (Example: Progressive) they supposed to pay you, but if Progressive say it's an error that the check you cash in, then the money pulled from your bank account hence, "CHARGEBACK". If you use it you end up paying for it because the money is not yours. The bank did tell me that I have to talk to Progressive if I want to get reimbursed. Basically it is a trap, for you to use the check and have to pay off Progressive. No wonder they would avoid their customers if this kind of problem arises.

Progressive can take my chump change to be honest. It seems that their claims department needs help in helping their customers instead just avoiding them doing minimum work for paychecks. The manager as well needs to reach to their customers more often not to send someone else to do it. I am just here to leave an experience and to let anyone know that if you get a check from Progressive from an accident, be sure to contact them if the check is really for you or it's a "human error" of someone in Progressive. Or screw it, don't use progressive auto insurance (notice the "P" has been lowercased).

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been with Progressive since 2012. I recently just received a notice for NONrenewal because of my multiple glass claims within the last 36 months. I live in Arizona where there are rocks everywhere and chips/cracks are a common occurrence which is the reason why I pay for glass coverage. If this would become an issue, why offer the coverage? If I was getting close to meeting my limit for glass claims, why was I not made aware?

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been a customer with Progressive since 2016, I called them on March 3rd to inform them that I would be late with my premium payment on March, but would make a payment on April 6th, 2018 for the Month of March and April. However, when I called to make the over the phone payment, I was informed that my insurance was canceled and that they did not have my initial call from March 5th in their records. I was then to reinstate my insurance. I was sure about accepting the increase and the cancellation although I called. Additionally, I was never provided a cancellation email or physical letter! So I called my Husband to confided in him as to what should I do. He advised that I pay the increase, so I did.

However, when I call back within 45 minutes, the 1628... I couldn't not believe it! Nevertheless, I purchased the policy but when I went online to print out insurance cards and policy, the policy was written out for $2003... I felt like Progressive bait and switch me into buying that policy. When I called to talk to a representative, she was very useless, so I spoke to a Supervisor by the name of Scott and he was very rude, and resulted to bully tactics when I told him I wanted to cancel my policy. He threatened to call the state and Local Motor Vehicles and report that my Insurance has Lapse. I felt helpless at that moment and felt I had no other choice but to keep the policy at the rate I was suckered into taking!

Original review: April 6, 2018

We have been with Progressive for two years. On April 2nd of this year my wife was involved in an accident. Our car was totaled. Four days after the accident Progressive had a check on its way to us. The amount was very reasonable. Couldn't be happier with the fast efficient way our claim was handled.

Original review: April 6, 2018

While driving the other day a car took left. Turn into my vehicle. I was not cited. The other driver was. The information the police got was vague but it was a rental car. l called Enterprise and they were not helpful so I called Progressive thru which I'm insured with liability on my vehicle. I was frustrated. And my adjuster would not even call and try to help me. I've paid thousands of dollars in premiums and they couldn't even make a free phone call and help me out. If I had full coverage they would have been all over this but they don't have to pay so to hell with me. Just sucks. Really sucks. I didn't ask them to send in the marines. Nope. Just make a simple phone call. Not too much to ask for over a thousand Dollars. This is my roommate's experience. Perfect driver. No tickets.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Recently had my first accident and had my car repaired. Progressive insurance sent a check for damages from a bank that there's none in the state of Texas to cash. FYI, please reconsider and send checks that can be cashed in your state of residence.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was involved in an accident a while back, that was caused by a Progressive policyholder. He was young, he admitted to me that he fell asleep at the wheel. He hit me going about 100 mph. I got checked out by an ambulance, and had to go to the hospital the next morning due to my back, left wrist, and knee being injured. I used to be a claims adjuster for the 2nd biggest insurance company in the world, so I know exactly how the claims process goes. I’ve been told that there is an active coverage condition on this claim, but I've sent in a certified police report, pictures of BOTH cars on the scene of the accident, a picture of the driver’s ID, and I’ve also received another insurance card from the Progressive policyholder, which shows the vehicle he was driving is on an active policy until the end of the month.

I want to point out that my adjuster Chantal was rude, repulsive, unsympathetic, and she has been informing me she will keep me updated, but she has not contacted me even once. I spoke to her manager, who was also rude, unsympathetic, and also unhelpful. It has been several days without a car for me. I called and spoke to a very nice representative who offered to get me to another adjuster since Chantal had already left for the day. I spoke with this adjuster, explained the information and I was belligerently yelled at, and told that if I worked as an insurance agent then I would understand this process. I informed him that I do understand this process, and that anytime there is a coverage condition we ask both the claimant and the policyholder for any proof, which is exactly what I did.

I refuse to go through my own insurance company, because I did absolutely nothing wrong in this accident. Progressive, just a little advice. Train your adjusters to be sympathetic. That’s what I had to learn to do when I was an adjuster. Also, you might grow as a whole if you don’t give every claimant the “run-around”. Also, train your adjusters not to scream at claimants. Thanks.

Original review: April 5, 2018

My vehicle was parked on the curb and struck by a another vehicle while I was at work. After a couple hours the other vehicle was located abandon. That was a year ago and my truck is still totaled and Progressive has done nothing even though the other vehicle was insured. This place is horrible I would never recommend this insurance company to anybody because 3 years prior somebody ran a red light and hit us in the other truck and Progressive did zero to help except for arguing with me on the phone how they just wanted to pay out because the other person filed a claim 2 months after the incident. Needless to say I took it to court without absolutely any help from Progressive whatsoever and won. I will update with the person who work my cases so you know if you have the unfortunate deed of having to deal with this company much less this lazy person who wants to do nothing.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been with Progressive Insurance since 1999, with multiple vehicles. Now, they say since I have had 5 claims in the last 3 years, they can no longer insure me. It doesn't matter that I have been an Emerald customer most of those 19 years. Of those 5 claims, one was at-fault (my son had a wreck), one was comprehensive (hit a deer), one was uninsured motorist (hit and run) and two were someone else's fault and Progressive was reimbursed all monies put out. Why? I can't get a straight answer from them except, it's not open for discussion and it's a final decision that can't be reversed. I asked to speak with a supervisor and their representative said "It won't do any good, the decision is final and can't be reversed." She finally agreed to have a supervisor call me within 24 hours. I'm waiting...

Original review: April 3, 2018

We were sideswiped by a hit & run driver on a rainy day on the freeway, damage to the passenger side, driver's side, bumper, etc. Our claim rep was condescending, took multiple calls to get any type of answer. Finally got to the "Adjuster" rep. She calls back saying that because it looks rusted or etc. that it'll be up for review first, etc. I don't know, we have Huge regret about choosing Progressive. It's been nothing but problems, I have friends & relatives who have either Allstate or Geico and they have no problems whatsoever. I do not recommend Progressive if you want peace of mind. They've made this whole process extremely stressful.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Worst company to use. They DO NOT INVESTIGATE CLAIM LIABILITY! They did not talk to the other driver, did not go to scene of accident, did not look at my car to see damages but they determined the same day as accident. I was at fault. Right off the start they blamed me for accident, PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE IS THE WORST INSURANCE! Progressive Insurance Liability Process states that they would complete these steps to determine liability.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I am a Progressive client since 2011 and as of today I hold Diamond Membership Status. (I am A+ customer with no history of filling car accidents at fault). I was rear ended last week and I filed claim with Progressive on 3/19/2018. (Damages to my car - Audi A5 convertible; rear bumper damages and back up camera not working due to the accident). On Monday 03/26/2018 I have received the phone call from Claim Representative assigned to my case - Alexandria **. She assured me that Progressive will take care to all damages and I was also told that the deductible will be waived since I was not "at fault". The reality was completely different... I was trying to get in touch with ** since Tuesday and she was not returning my multiple phone calls. I called her on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday multiple times!!!

I left few messages and I also sent her text message with request to return my phone calls. At the same time I also called Progressive claim department. The agents who were assisting me said that they have sent an e-mails to ** and her supervisor with request to call me back. One of the agents informed me that based on the Progressive customer service policy all agents are responsible to return phone calls to Progressive customers not later than next day by noon. She never returned my phone calls! On Friday this week I called Progressive again and finally claim department agent transferred me to ** office. She was really not in the mood to talk and her attitude was awful. She had no intention to help to resolve the issue with my car and basically she wanted to end the conversation as soon as possible...

She said that somebody will call me to discuss the next step with my claim but of course it never happened. Nobody deserve to deal with such a poor and useless customer service! My car was not completely fixed by Progressive. I was told that I have to pick up my car from the body shop today - the back up camera was not fixed by Progressive. Also I had to pay deductible - (** said today – “I did not follow up with other party insurance if they accepted liability so you have to pay deductible”). I strongly believe you are a good company. I believe that you care about your customers and you support high quality services. Disrespectful and careless agents are the one who destroy the reputation of your company and at the same time destroy your business. After 8 years of being Progressive loyal customer I am going to leave Progressive just because of this horrible experience.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My wife has been with them since 2004 and I signed on with them in 2007 and her son got on the policy around 2010. It's 2018 and during that 14 year period there was only one claim and that was another car kicking up a big piece of rubber from a truck tire that landed on our hood and scratched the paint. Simple and cheap fix. Then a few days ago my step son was on his way home at night and a raccoon ran out in front of him. He swerved to miss the animal and when he did his right side tires fell off the pavement and since the dirt was so wet from all the rain he got sucked right off the road. He ended up in the field and totaled his car.

My complaint is with their phony GAP insurance. He bought his car (2016 Juke) brand new 2 years ago. He put a couple thousand dollars down, traded in nothing, and used Nissan's financing. He then put full coverage along with their GAP insurance on the car. We were both under the impression that no matter what he owed the GAP insurance would make sure the loan was fully paid off. Wrong answer, unlike other insurance companies Progressive pays you 125% of cash value of the car. They claim based on facts from JD Powers and Associates that his car was worth around $15500. Then Progressive would give him another 25% or around $19375 for the car. I know it may seem petty to complain but he ends up $700 short of pay-off on the car. We can absorb the loss easy enough but it doesn't seem right when you have paid for coverage to take care of that.

You also have to take into consideration that the cash value is not an exact science but someone's opinion and they would not allow me to dispute his findings. He used 5 cars that are for sale but...we live in East Tennessee and one car (with the highest value) was located in our area, the other 4 were from southwest Virginia and North Carolina. Not even from our state. We may have paid a few bucks more but State Farm would have paid it off and Liberty would have given him enough to buy a 2017 Juke. For all those years we have had 3-4 cars on the policy at any one time and paid close to if not over $2000 per year. Will we be staying? Only until this claim is settled...

Original review: March 30, 2018

They canceled our account because we took off a truck. We were still making monthly payments and they were taking our money without letting us know they canceled our account. We also had insurance on our trailer and when it was broken into they told us they would cover it and three months later they told us it could not be processed. We were screwed multiple times and customer service is pointless they couldn’t even help us on the refund to get our money back off of the canceled account. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Great sales pitch but horrible service when it is time to pay. My vehicle was rear ended and the driver fled the scene but then returned. A police report was filed. After making the initial contact with Progressive I provided all the information, I was given a claim number. It just happened that both, the driver that rear ended my vehicle and I, have Progressive as our insurance, however the person assigned to my claim does not call or makes any attempts to assist me fixing my vehicle. I was not cited for the accident. The other driver was. My vehicle is brand new and a lease. I have never experience such poor service from an insurance company. I will not renew my policy with them. I will make sure I tell everyone how terrible they are when it comes to paying for repairs and follow up with a claim.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had Progressive Insurance for over 5 years, had roadside, used it a few times, contacted them before moving from Vermont to Florida so I won't get fined by them. Only had one issue with them when I got rid of my Cobalt and got a new 2017 Mirage, got full coverage insurance, the windshield got a crack in it, so I called. They told me I had to pay for it. I kindly reminded them of the Florida Statute 627.7288 labeled “Comprehensive coverage; deductible not to apply to motor vehicle glass” under the title “Insurance Rates and Contracts,” states that the deductible provision “shall not be applicable to damage to the windshield of any motor vehicle.”

I could of written a bad review based off of that. But keeping a cool head and not flying off the handle yelling and screaming at them and giving them the benefit of the doubt and asking for a supervisor follow up and also speaking at them, NOT DOWN to them like I am better. Yes I know "The customer is always right" phrase. It's The customer is always right Within Reason. Yelling, swearing at them, you are not in reason. Talk to them as you want to be talked to. We all are human.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have eight different accounts with Progressive. And this last December I was rear ended and my car was totaled. It was shown that I was at 0% fault. My claims representative tells me if they hit on my claim instead of the other person's insurance at first my rates will go up on all of my accounts. It's my first accident so I took her word for it. I knew no better. Now being March I'm still in a rental car. My phone calls don't get returned. Neither do my emails. At this point I have had to hire an attorney to not only protect me from the other individuals insurance but my own. I went today to pick up my settled claim check. It was settled at just over $32,000. And they first offered 24,000. I had to fight my own insurance company over the value of my less than two-year-old car. They on multiple occasions, got comparisons from vehicles that were not the same as mine. Failed to actually look up what packages my vehicle had. Even the mileage.

When I went to get the check today I picked it up. Walked out the building that my car and open up envelope I got to the bank. The check was only for $3000 for something that we settled at $32,000. I rushed back as it was almost closing time for their offices which by the way you don't get any face-to-face person. Later action you have to ring the doorbell and talk through a plexiglass screen to interact with anyone. I question them on why the check was only for $3000. They told me that my loan payoff was $28,000 even and then the math would still not be right.

They called my claims adjuster. She verified that my pay off was $28,000 and they told me there was no discussion to be had. I immediately got on the phone and called the bank with whom my loan is through. They verified that my loan payoff was only $8000. I had to stand there fighting and arguing with my own company to not rip me off. I've never been treated so rudely when I question their mistake. I kept my calm, never yelled, rose my voice. They couldn't even apologise. Called the manager. His answer was, "Mistakes happen." So now they are losing all 8 of my accounts and my business accounts as well.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Their quarterly premiums are pretty high; assumed representatives would offer annual reviews to possible reduce the rates. Multiple vehicles are on the bill, each driver is over the challenging age bracket. Periodically I speak with customer service reps or use virtual assistants but lack incentive offers.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Actual price of insurance will not be what they quote. Canceled a policy before we even received any mailing from them. They claimed that they mailed forms to be filled out. No notice of cancellation, our Tricore agent that sold us our Progressive policy called and made us aware that we had been canceled, thank goodness! After much debating the subject with Progressive, they will now let us re-insure the vehicle but at a much higher rate. LOL a higher rate because a form they needed filled out never got to us. We are having issue getting a refund for the policy paid as well. Stay clear, it's not worth it to save a few buck!

Progressive Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Insurance is one of the country's largest auto insurance companies and has been offering auto insurance since 1937. The company is headquartered just outside of Cleveland, OH.

• Name your price: Progressive has a unique program for auto insurance that allows people to enter their budget and find a plan that matches closest with what they can afford.

• Snapshot program: The company offers a device called Snapshot, which plugs into a car and reports stats about a driver's driving habits. This can help ensure that a driver is paying the right amount for their insurance.

• Progressive app: Progressive has an app that allows its customers to access their information from their mobile devices, in case they need it while they are away from a PC.

• Loyalty rewards: Progressive's Loyalty Rewards Program gives customers points for loyalty, and it offers benefits like Accident Forgiveness.

• 24-hour customer service: Representatives of Progressive are available 24 hours a day to help customers.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car, and drivers who don't do much driving but own a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky