Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.75/5
Based on 2,729 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Progressive Insurance offers several different vehicle and property insurance products. Progressive is a verified carrier of InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Contact InsuraMatch to view quotes from Progressive and others, in one easy phone call.

BOTTOM LINE

Progressive is one of the largest auto insurers in the U.S. and has competitive rates. Positive reviews cite a fast claims process and low rates as reasons for sticking with the company. Progressive offers a range of discounts, especially for students, safe drivers and customers who pay automatically.

PROS

• Discounts for most drivers
  • Direct model means lower rates
  • Fast claims process
  • Add-ons like roadside assistance and gap insurance
  • Exceptional customer service

CONS

• Discounts not available in all states
  • No brick and mortar stores

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

3963 Progressive Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My insurance reps at Progressive have been so amazing to me after the accident. I could have filed with the other person's insurance but I didn’t feel comfortable because I felt like they wouldn’t have been an advocate for me. Thankfully in the end the other person's insurance took liability after they read the police report explaining that the other person caused the accident because she failed to yield and there was nothing I could have done to stop it. But Progressive waived my deductible instead of me having to pay and then get reimbursed by the other insurance, they just waived it completely. They made getting a rental car a breeze and have been in contact with me almost every day since the accident. They also worked with the collision center fixing my car and it will be complete sometime next week instead of in 3 weeks. It’s been a horrible week but I’m so thankful for them advocating for me. They really made an awful situation a little less awful.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I wanted to make a review for Progressive because I got in a car accident 8 days ago, while having Progressive auto insurance. I came to look at the reviews to see what I was in for in terms of my claim. I saw mostly negative or middle-of-the-road reviews. This made me sure nervous. But it's now a week after my car accident and I have been nothing but super impressed with Progressive.

I was hit by an uninsured driver who ran a red light. My car was totaled. I just had purchased my car a few months prior and had an outstanding auto loan. Within 5 days, Progressive had paid off my car loan, less my deductible, which left me owing a few hundred dollars on my car. But the value they gave my car was more than fair, I expected to have a balance of at least $1500 on the loan after settlement. Anyhow, to have it all handled within a week was amazing, I already have a new car, and my insurance premium did not go up. I wasn't at fault, so it shouldn't have gone up in my mind. But I have had increases in the past after not-at-fault accidents with another insurer, so I am really happy Progressive didn't do that as well. Anyhow, overall it was a great experience. And claims service aside, the website is very user friendly and customer service has always been great.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

When I had my 2001 Ford Focus I was insured through Progressive. I was with them for about 5 years when I had my accident. I got hit in the back by a small pickup on a rainy day. It was my first major accident so I was feeling a bit anxious and stressed out but they took good care of me. They got me a loaner for 2 weeks and processed my medical benefit claim in a timely fashion. I didn't have to deal with the other driver's insurance at all since my Progressive agent handled it for me.

Unfortunately my car was written off as total loss but I got a nice check for it. I was very glad that I bought the optional medical expense coverage because it paid for my out of pocket physical therapy. I think it only costed $80 for 6 months so it was a great value. Overall I would rate Progressive as above average to good. I would happily recommend this company to anyone who might need car insurance. If my car wasn't written off I think I would still be with Progressive.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

About 8-9 months ago I was rear-ended on the highway. Completely totaled my car. Progressive reimbursed me for the full value fairly quickly once we realized that it wouldn't be repairable, which was just about as much as I paid for it in the first place. They also provided a rental car for a couple of days, until I purchased another car. Overall, while stressful, I was mostly satisfied with my claim. I would have liked to have gotten more for the cost of the vehicle (I had just gotten it, and while I got a good deal I felt that it was still worth more than what it was valued at), but it was about as quick and painless as I could imagine a claim being.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have been a Progressive customer for a few years & have a great record. I recently had a total loss accident (not at fault). I filed a claim & found these reviews on this site & got scared on how Progressive would handle the claim. Let me tell you - the service was stellar! I have absolutely no complaint. I barely had to do anything. I promised myself I would come back here & write a review because if you sit here & reads these reviews, you’ll scare yourself to death.

If you read the reviews on this site for all the reputable insurance companies, it’s the same. I swear, one tiny thing goes wrong & people blow it out of proportion. Either that, or reviewers are leaving out details of things they did wrong & just putting the blame on the company. I had a great experience with Progressive. 5 star company with 5 star service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I paid 6 months of insurance upfront with Progressive. They repeatably told me I did not live at my current address for months and kept overcharging my account. I was living with a friend, was unemployed, and did not have any bills in my names to "prove my address" to Progressive. They listed off all the official documents they would accept, and once received, they would insist that they did not count.

-School Transcripts - school was in the next area code (10 mins away).
-Federal Issued Voter ID Card - no comment on why they could not accept it but who knows.
-Proof of Enrollment - school was in the next area code.

Threatening to affect my credit if I did not pay them AGAIN after I paid them for 6 months upfront. I have spent over 4 hours on support with them within the last month, with the last and final phone call was an hour and a half until I admitted defeat to my corporate overlord.

Original review: July 19, 2019

My husband and son have 2 accidents showing on same days and same year. My son wasn't even licensed at time. I have been charged I assume for those accidents since he was insured. Progressive blames LexisNexis but they reported accidents to them. Funny I switched to Geico and their report from LexisNexis doesn't show this. The accidents were my husband's but they don't even have his license # correct on their report. I want to be refunded for extra I was charged. Progressive did not seem to care that I was switching. By the way I am saving $200.00 a month.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I just spent over 4 hours trying to file a road service claim for my boat trailer. I was lost on endless telephone trees, cut off three times by actual people and reached a dead end on their website. The website is useless when it comes to filing a claim for a boat trailer. When you come to the information for Make and Model of vehicle a boat trailer is not on the drop down menu so the program will not process to the next page. So an actual person must be reached. No help there until you go up the supervisor chain.

MY PROBLEM IN A NUTSHELL - My boat trailer became disabled and required transport to a repair facility. Before anyone would send assistance they required my credit card number even though I am insured for roadside assistance and trip interruption. Upon reviewing my credit card account I discovered I was charged $116. I was trying to get reimbursed and it cost me over 4 hours of my life. I finally found someone to give me the address to submit a claim by snail mail. FRUSTRATING!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Terrible company they have contract Fort White FL A-1 Towing. A1 came to jump car battery. Heard him at end of drive. By the time I got drown there. His back 4 tires were 1\2 way down in the road and almost took out tree. I told him to stop.. "You got any wood to put under tires?" I asked. "No." "Ok." I walked back to house. (I have a bad back) Got a 2x4 walked back up to road. His light ball must have came on.. because by the time I got there.. he had wood under his tires? (Like where did that come from)?. Ok.

He came down drive to house, mind you it takes a little bit for me (my back). Anyway I made it down to him at house were my car was at. Now his cables won't reach battery. He gets in my car, now we have to get it closer to his truck. I'm at the hood trying to push it closer to his truck. He hollers, "Push." I got it a Lille bit.. but I told him I can't. He said, "Ok you get in car." He can't push it. So he put cables on and guess what.. they reached! Anyway got it jumped. This is only half the story, but in the meantime I can't leave drive. Called A1 towing let them know.. He hung up. Called Progressive. I have to wait 24 hrs for reply... WHAT?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have had Progressive for 10 years and have never had a problem until the last two or so years. It seems as if their service has gone downhill so much, compared to how it used to be. I was recently sent a nonrenewal notice because I have had 3 not-at-fault claims in 36 months, all which were because of deer. This is something that is completely unavoidable. They do not tell you they will cancel you for too many claims in a certain amount of time until they randomly decide they don't want to renew your policy. I have never been interested in switching insurance companies, even though they haven't been the greatest the last few years, but I guess if this is how they treat their long term customers then I am happy to switch.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Although Progressive Insurance has good roadside service, their overall performance is really bad. I had a young man tell me when my windshield was broke that I was covered. I went and told my neighbor who was in the business to please replace it and they sent me a referral number. The referral Number came from Safelight who does their windshields and she said it will be pending until she heard from progressive. I wouldn’t got it done and was not worried because I was told I was covered. I was referred finally to a man named Gary office of CEO who was very arrogant and said even though I had my phone bills for proof that I have called them and was okayed, he said they’ll look into it but they doubt very much they’ll find anything. Then I went to Heather, CEO representative. She also lied to me and said she was going to take care of it because of the way it was handled and there was something wrong and I never heard from her again.

I will have this company one more month. I have picked out another one. The care and customer Service at progressive is absolutely horrible and now I am out over $200 because of their mistake. I hate this company. I hate being treated like that and lied to. Please there has to be another insurance company for you to go to. I heard Farmers was good. All I know is I never want this experience again. These people are just greedy and mean. I will hate every commercial that put out. I don’t care who the heck Flo is But if I was her, I’d pick up my bags and get away from a company like that because not even the money that she’s making is worth a corrupt company. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 9, 2019

WORSE Insurance company to work with. Will raise your rates without even notifying you or confirming that you know they will be raised. And I am talking by $10-$25 every 6 months. Also, every 6 months EVERYTHING resets so any dates you wanted the auto pay to come out is back to the 1st and they will do NOTHING to help you out. They always have their agent's back and middle finger to the customer that pays for those agents. THIS COMPANY IS JOKE and will NEVER RECOMMEND them to anyone!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Have left calls for them to reach me as one of their insured had an accident and took down my fence. They will not return my calls. Funny I was just researching companies as I have move to another state. Good to know they do not want to deal with claims. I can and will NOT RECOMMEND Progressive.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Just know you have legit insurance without any hassles in the event of a collision. This is a must and they are good. I have had a policy with them over two decades and everything has been smooth. Look no further, if you live in Southern California, Progressive is the way to go.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have never had a problem canceling/or transferring my insurance policy or ever asked to mail in proof/written statement to back up my reason for canceling. Progressive REFUSE to cancel my policy asking for written proof. I must've spoken to ten different customer reps (& yes they flagged my acct) & no matter the reason they refuse to cancel it! I've been insured with many different insurance companies through the years and never encountered this. Wow! Well, they'll have no choice when no payment is received... I'll just wait. Smdh

Original review: July 1, 2019

Was lead to believe my monthly payment was x amount when in actuality it was downpayment amount and monthly amount was twice that. I immediately got new insurance somewhere else and when I called to cancel policy they wanted a declaration page from new insurer. My new insurer told me that wasn't necessary but they sent it for me anyway. Now Progressive tells me I have to call them back in 3 to 5 business days to make sure they got it. Will NEVER do business with them again! What a joke!?!?

Original review: June 29, 2019

My 07 Charger was in for a claim for damage under the vehicle. After the guy took 4 days to come look at it he said I could take the car since it was a holiday weekend. Didn't offer me a loaner and said I could take the care for the weekend. Less than 24 hours later the control arm snapped in half and sent me into a ditch. I am lucky to be alive and not seriously injured. So were the people around me who I barley missed. They are denying my claim because I wasn't there in person to be told I could safely take my car. Apparently a phone call doesn't count. The whole staff was rude and even yelled at me over the phone. You can bet I will sue them. Please don't trust Progressive to take care of you and your family. They could get you killed.

Original review: June 25, 2019

After being a satisfied customer for 7 years when adding an older entirely paid for car the insurance jumped $300. I called to find out why and what could be done but no changes were available. Was forced to look for another provider. Sad to have to leave but that was an outrageous amount of money.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I currently have three vehicles insured by Progressive, as well as a home and my son has a vehicle insured by Progressive. I experienced a chipped windshield on 03/17/19, and had the chip repaired by a glass company on the 25th of that same month. I also had the glass in a patio table repaired by that same company that same day, and received a separate receipt for each of the repairs, paying for each of the repairs at that time. I contacted Progressive Insurance/ASI Insurance (Auto Claims) on 04/01/19 and was instructed to submit a copy of the receipt which I did, faxing it and a cover sheet to Policy Holder Reimbursement and while doing so listed my policy number and the vehicle vin# to the receipt as instructed. I checked online on the status of my claim later that month and discovered that it was not listed.

I chatted online with a Progressive representative on 05/01/19 and determined that a claim had yet to be filed. That individual, Jennifer stated that their records did not indicate having received a receipt for repairs. She at that time asked that I once again fax the receipt to that same location, which I did the following day. I inadvertently sent the wrong receipt this time, and as a result sent another cover sheet and the correct receipt later that same day, including a note that said to disregard the earlier submitted receipt as it was incorrect. I checked online on 05/24/19 and noted a claim had been filed though it had yet to be paid, so I once again called Progressive. I spoke to various individuals from Progressive and later Safeco, Progressive's glass repair company at that time. They stated that they were "confused" as to what I was seeking reimbursement for as that had two receipts.

I explained the error, and once again sent them a copy of the correct receipt and a cover sheet, and at that time included the claim number to the receipt as instructed. I received an email message later that day saying that the claim had been forwarded for reimbursement. I checked the status of my claim on 06/24/19 as I had yet to be reimbursed, and at that time noticed that the claim was still "open" and had yet to be paid. I called Progressive once again and confirmed that the claim had yet to be paid even though it was a month since my last contact with them. I was placed on hold, and later reconnected to an individual who confirmed "nothing" had been done with the claim during the last month. That individual stated that she was too was confused as to what I was seeking as their records reflect two separate receipts, one for a windshield repair and another for a patio table glass replacement.

I once again explained the situation regarding the receipts and reemphasized my attempt to obtain reimbursement for the windshield repair, a mere $50.00 payment. She advised me that a check for $50.00 would be mailed, and that I should receive it in five to seven business days. I question my decision to obtain vehicle and home insurance coverage with Progressive, and will most likely seek coverage for my vehicle, as well as my son's vehicle and our home thru another carrier as a result of this situation, and their, Progressive's failure to act. It will have taken over three months by the time I obtain payment if it is truly received in five to seven business days.

I wonder what I would have to do, and how long it would take to settle a claim for a major/more expensive repair if it takes more than three months for this repair, a chipped windshield. It appears that you get what you pay for. I obtained coverage with Progressive last year as they offered the same coverage at a lower price than what I had previously obtained from another insurance carrier. Once again, think before you act, sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I followed the online quote instructions and completed the questions accurately. Then the final screen asked if I wanted to accept and pay bill. I chose yes. It then said I would be receiving an email shortly. I received an email but it was not a confirmation. Rather it asked for a copy of my DL. Which I scanned and sent. 2 days later I got an email not confirming rather to take photos of my car (for a liability only policy). So I did and sent the photos. 2 days later I received another email asking for copies of my existing auto policy as well as proof of residency. I provided those and sent it in then two days later I received another email saying the credentials I sent do not match the application. Which they did exactly.

I then called Progressive only to speak with an operator who said, "There's nothing I can do. The system won't accept any operator input." I have to email. This is been going on now for over a month. Waste of time. You're better off spending more money with another company. At least you'll be able to talk to a real person who can control your account.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Someone that had Progressive Insurance rear ended my car, and initially they sent a check for the damages right away, no problem but when I had to do a supplement, they sent out the check to the shop 3 different times and over a month and they never got it till finally the shop drove to pick it up, then I had to do a 3rd supplement because they didn’t include electrical components in the first check or the supplement, so the field agent promised to look at my car Wednesday or Thursday while I get a rental.

Finally I get a voice mail from my field agent saying she finally looked at my car Monday of the next week. The day she called was Wednesday of the next week. I tried calling the field agent multiple times, and it was almost like she disappeared, then I returned my rental only to find out that progressive didn’t cover 1 week of the rental which charged me 180$, just for my car to wait on their slow, inadequate, not professional, shady, field agent. I've dealt with other insurance companies before, and no company is as bad as Progressive. They do a bad job and handle your claim as slow as possible. It really makes you think that they be like this on purpose. I’m currently still in dispute about this.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Watch out if you deal with Progressive; I paid my bill early, and then discovered much more cost effective insurance. I cancelled my policy prior to the due date of the insurance; and Progressive decided to charge me a 10% penalty! If I had not paid my bill early, I would not have been charged anything. When I asked why, the Progressive agent stated "because we can." These predatory people are taking advantage of other simply because they can.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I was directed to a Progressive agent at the dealership while buying a car, and thought the policy was very expensive for very low coverage; more research at home the next day confirmed that I was getting a bad deal. I cancelled the policy (within 5 days), but only 10% of my initial payment was returned. They kept 90%!! For 5 days!!! Ridiculous. 0/10, would not work with again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

It's been almost an year and half I am paying roadside assistance and never requested for service. And the day I finally requested for the service they made me to wait for 2 long ** hours for nothing and still didn't show up. Highly says these guys suck at the service, ** off Progressive.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have never had so many issues with an insurance company in the 17 years I've been driving! I have a clean driving record (accident free and ticket free for over 5 years) and I received a decent quote from Progressive so I decided to switch. The first DAY I signed up, I gave them my banking info to run the payment and two weeks later it never processed! Then I get an email telling me my policy is cancelled! I called them to clear this issue up and still to this day, I don't know what happened because it processed the second time! I literally copied and pasted my banking numbers so I KNOW IT WASN'T AN ERROR ON MY END.

Then this month (I just signed up the first week of May), I get another email telling me my policy is cancelled again for banking issues (they haven't even run my second payment yet because it's due tomorrow!!) and for a "roadside assistance" claim where my dog locked me out of my car, but I was able to get her to roll the window down so THE CLAIM WAS CANCELLED!!!! NEVER EVEN USED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE AND I AM TOLD IT WAS TOO EARLY OF A CLAIM!! I haven't made any claims on any insurance policy in over five freaking years and because I call for roadside, NOT EVEN AN ACCIDENT CLAIM, they want to cancel my policy?!?!

I have never been so ENRAGED with a company in my life!! I will keep this stupid crap until I can find a better quote and then they will be without a good driving customer!!!! Horrible treatment, horrible customer appreciation, and HORRIBLE insurance rules!!!! So now I have to wait 2-3 business days in order to find out whether or not I will have insurance because they have to send it off stating I did not ever use the roadside claim, but if they don't accept that, then I have less than 6 days to find new insurance!!!! SCREW YOU PROGRESSIVE and I will make sure NO ONE I KNOW does business with your company!

Original review: June 14, 2019

My daughter was in an accident. It was her first and only. As of current date my insurance decided that they are no longer going keep us as customers due to this accident. I have been with them for years. No lapse in coverage and one accident....one!! So much for accident forgiveness the way they forgive you is to just drop you. Avoid Progressive at all cost. They are scammers and crooks.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Progressive will not pay for my car that was rear-ended because we both had Progressive insurance and it was cheaper for them to pay for the guy that rear-ended me. They gave no good excuse and had terrible service. I wouldn't recommend having them as your insurance provider. They are completely useless.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I had Progressive for years and was very happy with them initially. To their credit, they were always very easy to deal with and even told me, without my having to ask or push for it, that I was not at fault when my car was damaged in a construction zone, so I didn't have to pay anything. Later, though, things started going downhill with them. First, I put up with their annoying driving monitor plugged into my car, beeping at me every time I braked "hard" (and it really didn't take much), which in the end made me a less safe driver because I started preferring to go through intersections when I'd typically stop at them (light just about to turn red or even just turned red) just to keep it from registering a hard brake.

It was also collecting much more information than just braking, which wasn't disclosed (it may have been in the fine print, but I digress). Anyways, despite taking extreme efforts to minimize "hard" brakes and dealing with the annoying beeping for months, I was told simply that I didn't qualify for any discounts from it. That annoyed me, and made me wonder if it was more about just collecting data than assessing driving habits for possible discounts--I say this not only due to my experiences, but reading similar statements by many others online at the time--but it wasn't enough to drive me away.

What did that was when my car was backed into, while parked, without me even in it, by a family member. I called Progressive and notified them of it (big mistake), but then told them to cancel the claim because the other insurance company was going to cover both cars. Despite the fact Progressive never paid a single cent toward repairs, and I wasn't even in the car at the time, they took away my good driver discount. Unfortunately, I didn't notice for months, so it ended up costing quite a bit of money. And they refused to do anything about it. So I switched and will never go back.

They lost a several year customer over something that frankly should be (and maybe is) illegal. I'm torn between 1 and 2 stars for them. I considered 2 due to the years of excellent service, but ultimately the level of dishonesty, to the point of possibly being illegal, that they engaged in, is just too much to give them anything but the lowest rating possible.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I searched for affordable rates to cover my car. I’ve been with GEICO for years and love them but since I am a senior citizen on a very limited income, every penny counts. Progressive gave me full coverage for a rate that was $75 cheaper (per 6 month period - $12.50/mo). The bill for 6 months was $481. So I went with them. Six weeks later (yesterday morning), I received an email that said I had a bill due with them for $863!!! Due in 2 weeks. WHAT!!??

I stopped everything to look into this - wasting 6 hrs of valuable work time, to find out that they had added my 2 children (age 20 & 18) and also my ex-husband, who I divorced 3 yrs ago and do not see or speak to. So I spent the next several hours trying to prove to Progressive that I was divorced (I had to email them my Divorce Decree!!) and that my 20 yr old does not, and never did, live with me! My 18-yr old lives with me part time and all I could do with him was sign an “exclusion.” But still had to pay the prorated amount up to today.

I sent the Divorce Decree (humiliating and difficult to even look at - still grieving!!) and took care of the 18 yr old issue. The 20 yr old was a different issue. To prove he didn’t live with me they needed 2 items from a short list they provided. His driver's license is one thing but it HAD TO BE ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST SIX MONTHS or it doesn’t count. They wanted things like a utility bill, mortgage or rental agreement - none of which applies to him because he is a full time college student (currently on summer break - today is 6/12/19) who lives with his dad. All of the household bills are in his dad’s (my ex’s) name!! They would take a college tuition bill but he has to be CURRENTLY ENROLLED!!! He’s on summer break!!

A W-2 or 1099 would work - but he doesn’t work for anyone. The only other things were Property Tax statements or Social Security statements. I talked to 3 people at Progressive and they do NOT budge on this list. It has to be from the list!! No exceptions. Every day that goes by that I cannot resolve this, I am paying $7.50. I live on a very low, fixed income. I had no other choice but to stop everything and handle this. The final verdict was, they credited my ex-husband’s charge (because divorce decree), stopped currently charging me 18 yr old, and nothing could be done about the 20 yr old. I canceled my policy at 12am the next day - went back to GEICO (who were surprised at my story and suggested I file a complaint to the TX Board of Insurance (I am) - and my $75 savings ended being $526 overcharge.

My advice - NEVER, EVER, EVER GO WITH PROGRESSIVE!!! Can you imagine what they would be like if you had an accident and really needed them to pay??? They probably wouldn’t because “you weren’t wearing blue shoes” or something as ridiculous as that. I am filing a complaint with the TX Board of Insurance, the TX Attorney General’s Office, the BBB, and anyone else I can think of. To put that much stress on a senior citizen is cruel!! $863 is 45% of my monthly budget.

Original review: June 11, 2019

BEWARE OF PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE: I have been with Progressive Insurance for almost 20 years. Someone hit my car while it was parked at Great Adventurers. I contacted Progressive to file a claim. My claims adjuster Lucas asked me did I want a check or get my car repaired. I told him I want my car repaired. I took my car to Park Place Lexus Body Werks in Grapevine, TX last Thursday. The body shop warned me, "Progressive might offer you a "After Market Part" to replace your bumper." I told the service guy no way... I do not have an after market part on my car so I am not getting an after market part.

June 7th spoke with Lucas my claims adjuster and sure enough he told me Progressive was going to put an after market part to replace my back bumper. I told him no as well. I have since escalated my issue and everyone keeps telling me Progressive has the right to offer an after market part to save costs. The cost difference is $160 which Progressive said I could pay. Why should I have to pay for this expense when I have insurance. Nowhere in my policy does it state I am "required" to have an after market part. Progressive you make millions of dollars and you will not give me a "factory bumper"?

I am very upset. My car is just sitting at the body shop waiting for me to decide if I want my car repaired or not. I have called Doyle ** Manager over Lucas and Chris. Just waiting for him to call me back. This is ridiculous I have to go thru this. Progressive I hope you see this post and remedy the situation. I should not have to choose whether I pay the $160, put the after market part on my car, or take it somewhere else. Don't you realize the appraised value is not going to be the same. Claim # **. Has anyone else experienced this????

Progressive Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Insurance is one of the country's largest auto insurance companies and has been offering auto insurance since 1937. The company is headquartered just outside of Cleveland, OH.

• Name your price: Progressive has a unique program for auto insurance that allows people to enter their budget and find a plan that matches closest with what they can afford.

• Snapshot program: The company offers a device called Snapshot, which plugs into a car and reports stats about a motorist's driving habits. This can help ensure that a driver is paying the right amount for their insurance.

• Progressive app: Progressive has an app that allows its customers to access their information from their mobile devices, in case they need it while they are away from a PC.

• Loyalty rewards: Progressive's Loyalty Rewards Program gives customers points for loyalty, and it offers benefits like Accident Forgiveness.

• 24-hour customer service: Representatives of Progressive are available 24 hours a day to help customers.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car, and drivers who don't do much driving but own a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky