Progressive Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer for 15 years. 2015 my son had at fault accident. They never raised rates and I have road side assistance on my policy which they have it as a premium service which I pay for it and they cancelled my insurance due to us calling them too many times. We have 4 cars and in 3 years have called them 10 times. I don't think that is a lot. Shame on Progressive.

I have had a few issues with Progressive. First was the double bill that they told me was a "reinstatement fee" which actually turned into my monthly bill even though I had no accidents or ticks (Yep, my bill went UP after the first 6 months, even though there were NO changes)... Then the bigger problem began after I had a fraudulent charge to my bank account which caused a payment to bounce. This caused me to have to contact them several times to get that whole mess taken care of.

I thought everything was okay. I have in writing that I was to have a double bill in February and no bill in January due to the mess that had occurred... However, Progressive's computers get the last say and even though an employee went in and cancelled, then reinstated my policy to have the double payment in feb, I still received a bill for January (or so they claim) and because I didn't pay (again, I didn't know about it and had agreed to the double payment in feb) my policy got cancelled. I then called and had to explain EVERYTHING over again because they do not put notes in the files and was basically told "give us money or go screw yourself." I chose to NOT give them any more of my money and I am looking elsewhere for Car insurance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!

They will not honor recorded communications. It took 6 weeks to get Progressive to remove a family member's accident from the underwriting decision. Underwriting Departments and Customer Service do NOT communicate with each other. First underwriting person admits that Progressive made a mistake and accidentally canceled the policy because Customer Service and Underwriting Departments did not communicate with each other about changes made to the policy. I have the Customer Service communication confirming this in print format from online chat feature on Progressive website.

Call back to Underwriting Department and now 2nd underwriting person will not take responsibility for what they claim is incorrect information communicated by Customer Service Department. They said the customer should know that the "Customer Service" Department and the "Underwriting" Department are separate and that information communicated to one department is not necessarily given to the other department. You cannot trust any information communicated by this company because they will not honor what another department says to you even if you have recorded proof of it.

Also, all my communications are set to be delivered electronically. Interesting to note that the ONLY document that was not delivered electronically was the cancellation notice. The refund post-cancellation was magically delivered electronically again. If you are relying on electronic communications and have opted out of the mailings, beware. They will not honor that either. Per Underwriting Department.

I think it is unfair that Progressive Insurance does not give a clear understanding as to what their policies mean. After being given the runaround by a number of agents, I was notified (today) that anything on your policy is considered a claim. Now being new to driving and insurance policies, that should have been something that was explained at the time I received the policy, but it wasn't. As a matter of fact, it doesn't state any of this in the current policy that I have. However, the only answer they were willing to give was, anything on your policy that is used is considered a claim.

When you call Progressive Insurance company phone number, claims and roadside assistance are 2 different options, yet after being with this company since 2012 and used the coverage that THEY told me was a good option to add to the full coverage, I am just now being told that roadside assistance is was considered a claim. Being new to driving, this was information that should have been included when explaining the benefits of being with the company, but they didn't. Not once when calling for assistance was I told it was considered a claim.

I have questions that they refuse to answer like, why wasn't the information offered before now? Or, why doesn't this statement show anywhere in your policy? Or, why after all this time, I am being dropped because of flat tires? Why after all this time, I am now being told that a flat tire will be the cause of losing your policy with an insurance company that told me this is something I should add to my coverage? I believe this very important to know as I would have used other options to fix my tires. Also, there wasn't 1 person who was willing to explain to me why this information wasn't made clear in the beginning.

My fear in all of this is the thought of how often are people mislead regarding coverage offered by insurance companies and how do you know you can trust them? This makes me not want to trust insurance companies at all. I feel completely mislead with no explanation as to why I was mislead or misinformed. They act as if this was a question I should have asked when being a new driver should have been something that I was informed of as they were aware I was a new driver.

Things like claims and how your coverage works should be explained at the beginning of the policy but instead when they decided they have enough of your money and they don't want to help you anymore then they tell you things you should have been told in the beginning! Thumbs down to Progressive Insurance and I hope others can see this and at least get the understanding I wasn't given before they purchase a policy from themselves. Flo is only in the commercials, the agents doesn't care about you or honesty about their policy, they only want you to buy it so they can take your money and dismiss you for them not giving you information you needed to know.

If I could give zero stars, I would. Let me begin by saying I am not a customer of Progressive, and will never be. My boyfriend was driving my car while I was at work (with my permission), and was hit from behind in what ended up being a four car accident back in December 24, 2015. At the time I had AAA for my car insurance, and the woman who was at fault had Progressive. I had a conversation with someone from AAA to give my statement. The lady originally told me it was going to be fine, even though he wasn't covered on my policy, because I gave my permission. Long story short, AAA rescinded my policy for saying I was being dishonest when I took out the policy, even though my boyfriend ALMOST NEVER drives my car.

I figured, hey didn't matter because he didn't cause it anyway. Boy, was I wrong. Progressive took a look at my vehicle and assessed the damage, putting me in a rental while it was to be fixed. Little did I know they decided to take apart my vehicle and not put it back together, then tell me they were only going to cover for a week in the rental. Once they disassembled my car, they tried to tell me it was a total loss, which I vehemently argued against because it was simply trunk damage and nothing more. But I got a runaround about how the woman who hit my car only had $10,000 on her policy and my car was at least $5,000 in damages. What does Progressive do? Fix every single car in the accident (all had very minor damages) and left my car taken apart and refused to fix it.

At this point I was beyond words. I was a mother who worked 40 hours a week without a car, so forced to pay for a rental. They were nice enough to let me keep the rate at which Progressive originally gave, but ended up paying about $2,000 for a rental overall. I was very angry. The agent handling the case was extremely clueless and lacked any kind of help whatsoever. I couldn't get help from AAA because they rescinded my policy. Progressive tried to bully me into giving them my car and for them to take it to an insurance auto auction to be sold. I didn't want to because I still had a car loan that needed to be paid off, my car had a Kelley Blue Book market value of about $10,000, and there was no guarantee for any kind of real reimbursement.

After a lot of back and forth I finally caved and agreed, much to my dismay. In May I signed the paperwork, and was told it would take 3-4 for the car to be processed and sold, and I would get the money. It is now February 2017, over a year after the accident, and NOTHING. I was just told today they were going to start on getting my car taken off next week. I blew a gasket. Weeks went by prior to this with me calling the rep, his boss, and his bosses boss and NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME. I am SO LIVID. Their customer service is beyond horrible, clueless reps, and absolutely no compassion whatsoever. I beg everyone to stay away from them, THEY are AWFUL. I've lost thousands on an accident that wasn't my fault and I won't rest until I get my reimbursement. Screw you, Progressive!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive?

So 6 months ago my bill was around $800 and then today I opened my bill and saw a $200 increase. I of course called and the guy told me that one of my neighbors had a high medical plan and that people in my town were speeding and getting into accidents so they raised my bill. This is the stupidest reason ever I've ever seen. Can anyone explain why I'm paying more because of my neighbors' problems or because of someone else problems, is that person me who's getting into the accident? No... Then why increase my bill. If you're raising my bill because of my neighbors I have no more to say but than Progressive is the worst insurance company I've ever seen in my life.

My vehicle was involved in a rear end collision caused by a Progressive client in September 2016. Repairs were completed in early December and I started working with Progressive on a diminished value claim. After numerous letters, emails, appraisals it is still not resolved. They are offering less than half of what independent professional damage expert I had to hire has assessed. Progressive uses one company in my area, Big Block, to do their assessments. Big Block did not view or inspect my vehicle and said it did not have many features (navigation, leather seats etc) that it does have.

Boiler plate assessment. How can you make a proper assessment without all the facts and by inspecting the vehicle? The claims representatives try to make you settle by questioning your intelligence, lying, using bullying tactics by taking information and giving it "alternative truths" and telling you that you are just plain wrong. Filing papers and off to court we go. Beware if you choose to deal with Progressive, they will treat you and the parties you deal with disrespectfully and try to nickel and dime you and the claim to death.

Progressive Insurance is costing my family money. A Jeep insured by Progressive hit my daughter on 1/16/17 in Albuquerque and ran. This event is not in dispute. As the car has insurance, my insurance company, State Farm cannot use Uninsured Motorist with a deductible of $250. They are using "Collision" with a deductible of $500 until Progressive makes a stand on the status of this claim. We are picking up the car tomorrow and must pay $500 to get it. This accident is fully the fault of the vehicle under Progressive's policy and yet I must pay $500. This is insane!

If Progressive owes up to the accident, then we pay $0.00. If they don't owe up to the accident, we pay $250. But because Progressive is taking their time, (I really have no idea if they are even working on this claim...) we have to pay 1/2 a grand as victim. It would have been cheaper for us to not have read the license plate on the hit-and-run car than to read the plate if insured by Progressive. We are not happy with the slow pace of Progressive on this. We are certainly sharing this situation with friends and family. This is NOT a good car insurance company!

I really wanted to like Progressive, since "Flo" is my college's most famous alumnus. It's kinda sad... But anyway, compared to my previous wreck experience, I can say that Progressive has no idea what they're doing, except that they refuse to properly compensate the not-at-fault party. I was rear-ended at a stop light. First problem was that the insurance co. did not contact me. I had to seek them out, because it turns out that their agent assigned to my case had left the company weeks before, despite her voicemail still taking messages. I was later told by an Enterprise agent that this happens a lot, "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing." It seems their business model is based on a McDonald's mentality, churning through employees so that they can cut corners.

Okay. Then, I brought the car in for an appraisal. It was nice not to wait for long, but they gave an estimate based on exterior damage only. That's worthlessly low, also they checked for the cheapest possible aftermarket parts. The real estimate from a different body shop was four times as much. My car was totaled. The result being that I had to take a check. When they handed me the check, it was three thousand. Which is almost two thousand less than their own researched comparable cars due to various "adjustments," and downgrading my car's condition excessively, and locating those expensive replacement cars over a hundred miles away. I've spent hours researching, and honestly, it's impossible for me to find a comparable car on CRAIGSLIST.

And because I'm not at fault, they don't have to listen to a separate appraisal. I spoke to the new representative and third parties several times and ultimately I have no recourse. And my extended rental expires after just a week (during which I can't take off work). Thank you so much for ** me over. I have no ill will towards the driver, just the insurance co. because during my last fender bender, also not-at-fault, the agent just let me get a third party estimate and cut a check. That was a small business, this is big business, so don't expect to be treated like a accident victim, more like prey.

While I am not a Progressive client I am tempted to move my auto insurance over to them because this claims process has been hassle free and at the end the claims adjuster was honest with me and didn't offer me a low ball offer for pain and suffering. My car was fixed quickly and they have ended this not so good scenario with a customer that is happy - that is how personal injury claims should be resolved.

My wife has now been without vehicle for almost a month, due to the fact Progressive is claiming that certain issues with the vehicle are not due to the impact of the accident. Even though Nissan is saying that it is, but because John the adjuster is a master mechanic and can see what's wrong with a vehicle without tearing it down. We may now be bending over and taking it my advise to anyone thinking of Progressive please look elsewhere. You may pay little more out of pocket, but in the long run save you a huge headache! Due to fact that you can not reach your agent born will they return your phone call and this is 100% fact even after you leave voice mail after voice-mail.

Progressive Insurance is a very unethical company. Called to see what my comprehensive deductible was as I had a cracked windshield. It was $500 and the cost of a new windshield was less than $500 so I told them I would handle the replacement on my own. When working on another policy I had it came up that I had a recent insurance claim on my record. Come to find out Progressive had reported my call as a claim. I called to have them remove that as there was no claim but they refused and said "as long as you don't leave us for another company it won't affect your rate". False claims to hold you hostage. Is this who you want for insurance?

I have always had a good experience with Progressive. They are responsive, direct and answered my questions quickly. Also, I like the service provided but I always want great pricing. Insurance is expensive and pricing is important.

I switched to Progressive about a year ago because they saved me money compared to Geico which I had at the time. I recently changed banks, called their customer service to update my new banking information telling the representative my payment was due now. A few weeks later, I get a notice they canceled my insurance. They never processed my payment, never called me for an explanation of why the payment didn't go through my canceled bank account. Then I call and all I get was a smart ass customer rep with no idea how to resolve my concern. My bad for not insisting the first rep processed and confirmed my payment, but there is no excuse in this day and age, to not have ended the second call to my satisfaction with my car insurance in place. I was infuriated and called Geico right away.

Never will I give the opportunity of my payments to Progressive. Flo should get a new gig. Instead of paying so much money for all their commercials, they ought to spend it on some training in their customer service department. Someone should have been able to accommodate me and keep my insurance in place. Then to top it all off the state I reside in penalized me for a lapse in my insurance. To the tune of $88. Progressive needs to reevaluate their processes. Geico provides exceptional customer service and because they wanted my business back, was able to insure me for less than Progressive. Progressive will never see my business again and I will be sure everyone I know avoids doing business with them. Thank God I never had to deal with a claim if they are too incompetent to take my money.

My husband was driving his car home from work when a rock hit his windshield. A tiny chip showed up. So we contacted our insurance company for repair. We went ahead with their recommendation of Safelight thinking it be a safe bet. I was made an appointment with Henry for next day. I chose to have them visit me as I was at work but more available to meet outside. Henry showed up earlier than the appointment time, spoke with him and he told me it was a easy fix but on VERY rare occasion the tools used to fix crack may cause a bigger crack. He kept reassuring me it was very RARE occurrence my window would be fixed within 15 to 20 min. He said I didn't need to be out with him just needed to unlock door oh and before he can work I needed a signature to get permission to work on car. 1 min later I get a call from him saying he had very bad news, that the window cracked more and will need to be replaced.

With my Progressive Insurance my deductible for service is 1000! When I asked him what happened he gave me some lame excuse on the line of the crack made it worse. I told him I would have to pay 1000 through my insurance! He said he was very sorry but could quote me a cheaper price for a replacement if I had went straight through his company. He gets on the phone and tells me he could get me a replacement for 500 bucks. Like as if I am gonna be happy with half off! It went from no fees to stop the crack from spreading to 1000 for copay to 500 with Safelight.

I felt as if he looked at my BMW and my 1000 copay and figured he make some money through the company by making the crack worse and that I be like ok 500 dollars here you go! I didn't have 500 much less 1000 to pay which is why I went to my insurance. Now I am here with a big crack in my window where it was just a slither before. I can't go through my insurance now and refuse to go back to Safelight and have to still pay money to fix my window! Risking a ticket while I locate a trustworthy window replacement!

When I called to complain to insurance company and Safelight I was told that because I signed the agreement I was out of luck and had to just deal with fees or find another retailer. I will be changing insurance as well. I feel I was done dirty by both Safelight and Progressive. Progressive customer service did not try to help me in my situation, and all they could tell me is I chose the wrong window coverage when signing up for my insurance initially. When I first called them they did not even tell me I had the wrong window coverage in first place. I have been a loyal customer and only ever made one claim yet they did not even try to understand my situation, basically said you stuck out of luck!

On January 10, 2017, I was rear ended by a Progressive insured. It has been 2 weeks, and I am still waiting for approval to have my car repaired. Progressive is STILL going through their investigation, telling me they do not rely on the police report and must complete their investigation before I can get the repairs done. The adjuster does not communicate and is not courteous. I have no idea when or if they will approve the claim, but this experience has convinced me they are a less than professional company with questionable practices. I had considered buying insurance through them last year. Thankfully, did not.

When I signed up with Progressive, they gave me an ok deal but without informing me of coming requirements. So the next bill doubled, and for the trucking industry that is outrageous. I've called them and they told me the increase is due to location of the truck and the miles driven. That was the catch because when I signed the policy, they did not informed me about this. Eight months later, I was late and they cancelled my policy without any option of reinstatement... this means I've lost 2 months of insurance already paid and have to make another one with a large down payment... again. Let's not talk about the damage they did to my insurance rating. Horrible insurance company!!!

The cutsie 'Flo' commercials don't bear out in reality. I moved to Geico after finding the Progressive agent who signed me up misrepresented my insurance cost, and I was paying a Premium price for basic insurance. The other thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was the $50 cancellation fee they stuck on ("to dissuade clients from cancelling"). I definitely recommend bypassing Progressive. There's better service at better prices from other companies. It's a competitive market. Why get jacked around if you don't need to?

I live in California. Progressive claim my Vehicle a Total Loss due to an accident. The quote of loss they looked into 2 "Comparable quotes for - They got #1 from Newberg, Oregon, #2 quote Gresham, Oregon. I refused the cash settlement on Basis of Quotes were not made on "Local Market". Sent them 5 quotes from Dealers with Vin.#, make, model, mileage 100 miles radius of my residence. Quotes were $1000/$2000 more in Market Value than Oregon dealers. Still knowingly of their violations of using out of state quotes Progressive sent me a settlement using Oregon quotes.

I opened a Complaint with California Department of Insurance of Violation. When I called the department of Insurance of the outcome I was told by my case representative that "I cannot give you the results of my findings of your complaint against Progressive". A waste of taxpayers money for this Rip-off Department. They will use YOUR Information and proof of violations you mailed them. The department of Insurance will fine Progressive Thousands of Dollars for the violations against the policy holder. California gets the $$$'s and you get 0.

If you want to get your underestimate money from Progressive I have to file a claim with the justice courts. Small claims pay hundreds of Dollars to the courts, serve Progressive with Papers, files papers of being served again serve them more papers of my demands, etc. I have to spend 2000.00 of my money to get back 1000.00. Make sense? This means that Progressive can come into California from Mayfield, Ohio Rip-off the Californians and get away with their dirty trade.

First off, I've been a customer for a long time. I loved Progressive and never had any issues until now. But here goes, I'll try to keep it as short as possible. I was in a car accident. Someone rear ended me. It was bad. My car was totaled. Progressive rented me a car for a total of 7 days. In between that 7 days, my car was deemed totaled. My claims rep went ahead and advised me to take my car off my policy. I was assured I would still be covered with the rental. I did as I was told. I also made sure to ask customer service when I called and cancelled. They also said I would be covered. Even though I called to cancel my car off my policy 5 days after the accident, Progressive ended my full coverage the day after my car accident. I called to end my coverage 5 days after the accident. Well I ended up taking the rental back to Enterprise because there was a crack in the windshield.

I file another claim. When the glass claims rep called me from Progressive, she didn't hesitate to tell me I no longer was covered and therefore Progressive was closing my claim. I tried explaining my situation and she didn't care one bit about what I had to say. I call customer service back a few days later and again, was told I should be covered, even though I took my car off the policy, the rental was to cover my car for the time being. And yes, they said even though the car was cancelled, the rental would still be covered because Progressive rented the car, and the rental agreement was set up from Progressive. After being assured they sent me to glass claims management. Of course, they say the same, I was not covered, but they would leave my glass claims rep a message to call back. I did ask where it states that in a situation like this does Progressive no longer cover. I asked the right questions during all this and it seems as though I've been burned.

I've been a loyal customer for years and am very upset to see how I have been treated from the glass claims rep. Being told way too many different things. Now I'm stuck with a bill that Progressive had promised to cover, but in the end, I'm all alone here. So what am I making payments for then? It's very upsetting! Who can I talk to that can clarify this. And where does it state that I am no longer covered. Why back date my cancellation. I have a great driving record. No issues, and if Progressive wants to keep their good drivers, then they really need to commit to their promises. If anyone could help me figure out what to do, please let me know. It's been very stressful. I've always loved Progressive and never had any issues until now.

I was in a accident on 1/12/17 with your insured Isa ** policy **. Your insured was at fault and charged with improper lane change. As of today 1/20/17 we have not seen our adjuster Jason ** and claim #**. We have only spoken with him. Our car is not driveable and sitting in the driveway. Was told today that the car could be totaled without him or anyone from even looking at the car. I have not been offered a rental car because I was told that the car could be totaled. Also that your insured only had 10,000 in coverage. I have had to get rides every day to work since the accident. Is this the way to handle your claims. Please contact me asap so we can get this handled.

I recently switched from Liberty Mutual to Progressive to have similar coverage with a savings of almost $300 per year! The little gadget they send to you where you plug it in under your left hand side dash - never knew the receptor port would be pre-installed. Maybe this is also where they connect for engine diagnosis. Any way, the gadget monitors your driving habits and breaking patterns. At first it was pissing me off for "hard" braking but in reality, I was traveling too close to other drivers. It was an easy adjustment in my driving behavior.

I had insurance with them for 2 years with no problem other than every year it was getting more expensive. Before them I was with Nationwide for 17 years and was very satisfied. Well after 2 years I bought a new car and was in an accident basically right after buying and they refused to cover it. This had me holding the bill and put me in a real bad spot. I'll make sure that everyone knows what a horrible company this is.

We were driving at night and happened to notice a tree that fell down across the road. We slammed on brakes, but ended up running it over. My abs light came on but the bags did not come out. The brake light came on as well as the abs light. Then we definitely something wrong with the underneath of the truck as well. I waited for police to take care of tree as well as get a report number for insurance. I have been paying full coverage for months so there shouldn't be any issues. I received a call from a Progressive agent in Ohio that set up an appointment for me to take my truck in to have an estimate. Later the same week I received a call from another agent telling me to bring my truck to a different service center and he would meet me there. I had to get out of work early to meet him. I arrived at the service center and the agent checked the truck out not the service center.

He crawled under the truck and had no idea what he was doing. I questioned him about the fact the mechanic from that service center wasn't putting it on a hoist and looking at it. He then went on to say the air bag light being on was no big deal. He said I would have to bring it to a GM dealer. COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME!!! I dropped it off at a GM dealer a couple days later for them to look at damage. The dealership called me and said the front end was bent and had to replace parts before aligning the truck to see all the damage in the steering etc. A different insurance agent called me and said the dealership told him the damage was from wear and tear and the abs as well as other lights on was existing. Progressive didn't want to fix anything. I called the GM dealer and they repeated what the agent said. I was very angry and told them I didn't want them to fix anything I would do it myself.

They told me it would cost me $45 to pick up my truck. Upon arriving to get my truck, I had to pay an additional $45 because I didn't want them to do the work. I would say Progressive is giving these dealerships a kickback for ripping off the people that pay for insurance coverage religiously and pay through the nose for full coverage. If you live in Michigan and need to have a vehicle checked out, beware of Midway Chevrolet in Plainwell. Apparently they are in Progressive insurance's pocket. It's sad really. We are waiting for check then cancelling with Progressive because we haven't really saved any money since they are dishonest and rip people off that work hard for their money.

Progressive is the best car insurance for my family. Happy with customer service and my monthly payments. I've had one other car insurance and I thought they were good until I had an issue and they were not helpful at all. I was extremely disappointed and it upset me so much that family had to intervene in my behalf. This had to be the most worse time for me. Never in life again!

On October 2, 2016, I purchased an insurance policy with Progressive insurance. As a part of my policy, I purchased Sign and Glide insurance to cover boat towing should our boat become disable. I did not purchase additional towing services because I paid for this premium and considered those cost when selecting Progressive to insure my boat.

On January 14, 2017, my boat became disabled and I was stranded in the middle of the river. I called Progressive from the disabled boat. I was transferred three times before being given a different phone number to call. That process took 22 minutes. I then called the second number provided to me. After being transferred three additional times, the fourth person attempted to transfer me again. Upon explaining what had occurred, he placed me a hold and called himself. Eventually, I was patched into a phone call with Sea Tow to come and get my boat. I was told my insurance would cover the towing cost as it is a part of my policy. The second call took 38 minutes.

When Sea Tow called, Sea Tow informed me that Progressive was refusing to pay for the service and I would have to pay for the service myself. I did as I had no choice given I was on a disabled boat in the middle of a busy river. I ultimately waited more than two hours for a service that was readily available 20 minutes away. I cannot stress enough what poor customer service I received from Progressive. Of the eight persons I spoke to with Progressive, two were helpful. The fact that I had to speak to eight people alone to get assistance speaks volumes to the poor level of assistance offered by Progressive.

I was driving out of my apt complex when a commercial van decided to parallel park closer to the curb as I was driving out doing 15 MPH. The front end of his van smashed into my passenger side of my car. When it came time for Progressive to go after the other driver's insurance co for the deductible... of course they claimed the collision was not their driver's fault. I had a police report stating I had the right of the way with pictures to PROVE that the other driver was at fault! I STILL had to pay the $500.00 deductible (which I did not have to give) and was told that it will be taken to arbitration for the cost to be reimbursed to me. I feel like they are not fighting for something that was entirely not my fault. Let's just say I will more than likely be dropping Progressive Ins. They told me it would take at least 2 to 6 month to settle. I am more than disgusted with this company and have learned a very hard lesson from this.

In 2009, someone hit (& run), the bumper of my car in a parking lot. When I noticed it, at home, I called Progressive immediately. They sent out an adjuster and he cut a check the same day. The adjuster was kind, considerate and went out of his way to make me happy. This is why I've been with Progressive for almost 15 years. They have always given me A+ customer service, always courteous and friendly. They keep me informed with emails. Always making sure that I have all the perks and if there's ever a problem they are unable to solve while I'm on the phone, they always call back when promised.

They made life convenient and easy to the consumer. They have the best rates around, fair with the estimate to fix the vehicle, and easy payment plans to fit most financial situations. Also, they're extremely consumer friendly, great customer service!!

Customer service employees are respectful and professional. It's also 24 hours and never on hold for long. The prices seem to be comparable to other policies. However, I have a basic insurance plan and have been with them for a long time. Since I'm a long time customer, I think that should be taken into consideration. Once you reach a certain number of years, there should be a customer appreciation rewards plan, lowering the price of plans and services.

Compare Auto Insurance