2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5
Based on 1,894 ratings submitted in the last year

Progressive sells several different types of vehicle and property insurance. It’s one of the largest auto insurers in the U.S. and offers competitive rates, as well as a wide range of discounts, particularly for students, safe drivers and policyholders who make automatic payments.

Progressive Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

My experience has always been great. When I had to call to report that I had been in an accident, their first question was always "Are you OK? have you been hurt?" They had my back always. Customer service is really good. If I need to just get information on something, they are always polite. And for me, I always talk to a live representative and not a foreign country or automation. That is important to me. The app is great to pay my bill every month. Very user friendly.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I love the snapshot service that they offer. It keeps me driving responsibility. If you stop to hard or take a corner too fast or what is considered unsafe, it will make a sound to notify you that it just did a snapshot. I have had my insurance lowered by 20.00 a month. It may not seem like a lot but over a year that's a savings of 240.00, that's 240.00 more that I can spend on date night with my husband, groceries or whatever I would like to spend it on or save it for a rainy day. Customer service reps are knowledgable on products and services. Love the savings.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Have had Progressive Auto for five years now and six months ago had my first claim, had an at-fault accident. My premium was about the same every time and I had no issue with them increasing rates significantly over the last five years. I did price check prior to every renewal, but know I was overpaying a bit. The accident was minor but I took my vehicle to a body shop and they found hail damage that I never noticed or reported. With these two issues, it didn't make sense to repair the car so I cashed it out and bought a different vehicle. The premium did not go up after my accident (my fault) and I'm pretty happy with the streamlined online process. I did notice from the few calls with a claims adjuster that she had a lot on her plate; it took almost a month to get through the entire process. Overall I am happy with their service.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I got into my second accident in 6 years recently, totaling my vehicle and getting injured. Both accidents were the other driver's fault and Progressive made a terrible situation a lot more manageable by responding to all my questions and concerns quickly, following up with next steps and making the whole process easy. They even offered options for picking up my payment check at the office to get it sooner or have it mailed. They reminded me about reimbursement for taxes, title and fees on my new vehicle, saving me over $500 dollars. Most of all everyone I spoke with over the phone was friendly and genuinely understood the stress of the situation and offered to assist in any way. I couldn't have been more pleased with the service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I love this insurance company so far. We haven't had any accidents so I can't rate them there. I love the option online to change your bill due date for the next 3 months. It's not always there, so you can't just do it continuously but it's helped us out a couple times. Call customer service is very easy, most people are helpful and polite.

I did have an issue with one person. I accidentally made a duplicate payment to my account and when I called they said the duplicate payment hadn't posted to my account yet, and to call back when it does and they would take care of it. When I called back a different person said they couldn't refund payments, and she said something about a 15 day hold before they could do anything. And she said I should call my bank and hope they could fix it. I didn't like that answer so I called right back and got on the phone with someone else. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and when she came back she told me she was able to refund it.

So that other person, who had an attitude for no reason, just made all that up. She didn't try to ask anyone, just told me "too bad" pretty much. I don't understand people like that. If you have an issue like that with customer service, call back and talk to at least one other person. Every company has at least one person like that, so it didn't affect my rating. I've dealt with enough jerks in customer service that I knew to call back immediately.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

This company is the worst. Choose anyone else! Rude beyond belief and tries to find any loophole possible to not take responsibility. Have been a long term customer with nothing but negative experiences. Definitely taking my business elsewhere. I suggest you save the headache and deal with a company that actually helps!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I was hit by one of their insurers. After a week I finally got a call back from an adjuster who told me another adjuster would have to call me. She hit me and we suffer. Her fault and they don't care.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

They added my daughter to my policy against my expressed permission. They claim they didn't receive the exclusion form that I mailed to them. They back dated the policy for their profit. I resent the document via fax the day I found out what they did. They won't back date it for me. Only their own benefit. Won't do business with them again. They won't respond to the Better Business Bureau complaint but are threatening me with collections if I don't pay the extra back-dated charge. I see several of the same complaint on this site.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Please do not do business with this company! They put in my teenage son into my policy without my consent after knowing he had his own insurance policy wit another company and his own registered car in his name because it was all done with the same agent. I knew nothing of it until the bill for over a thousand dollars came to my house. I explained to them that I am a victim of Covid and that not only did I get the disease but that it killed my business and that I have no money for anything much less for their mistake. They sent a paper to sign and lowered the bill to $260. I again told them not to expect one cent because I didn't have it and even if I would have it, I would not give it to them because they made the mistake and it was theft on their part to try to collect. This company is garbage!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

This company misled me about repair options when I filed a claim. They specifically said, that I can repair vehicle myself or even not repair, but will still get paid for the documented damage. Now I have to use their approved shop, or no pay. Only had 2 claims with them in 11 years and both under $3000. They charge me $400/mo. Anyway, this is not a company one can trust.

Progressive Auto Insurance Company Information