Progressive Insurance
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Progressive Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

2599 Progressive Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Drove with the snapshot device for a year only to learn they raised my rates beyond what my discount was for. I had a b+ driving. They told me my rates went up for the year and also they had me listed as a male instead of female and that also increased my rates. I went from paying $46 dollars a month to $62 dollars a month for only liability insurance... What a complete waste of time... I will be looking for another insurance company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased Progressive Auto Insurance for my 2 vehicles. My 2002 Pontiac wouldnt start 2 days in a row. First time I thought it was a fluke, the second time I knew I had a problem. I had to call for a jumpstart each time. I got it to my local auto repairman after the second situation and had a new battery installed. No more problems. A few days later, I received a letter saying my insurance was being cancelled because I had used the roadside assistance. I always purchase roadside assistance because of my age and inability to handle car emergencies. Have NEVER been cancelled because I actually used it. NOT TOO PROGRESSIVE! Wow!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A Progressive customer damaged my vehicle when his couch flew off his trailer and hit me on the freeway in TX. It was obviously his fault and he gave me his Progressive policy information. Dealing with the claims department was a nightmare. They did not want to give me a rental car and they kept telling me I need to put all this on my own insurance first and then the two insurance companies could battle it out. This suggestion was made on three separate occasions. This is bogus when you're not at fault. Your own insurance company does not need to be involved whatsoever. They even wanted my insurance company to pay for the rental car, they said just so I can get a car even faster. The damage to my vehicle was so minor only $1764 but they wanted to make this into a really big deal and I almost had to hire an attorney.

When you call they do not answer their phones, you always have to leave a message, they call you back when they feel like it and this was their way of doing business?? I was highly disappointed because Progressive is splashed all over the TV and if they're not paying their claims I guess they're using the money to pay for the TV ads. Flo must be living in a mansion by now. The estimator got a hold of me and apologized for the two women in the office for the way they behaved and the way I got treated and he paid the $1764 with no problem. He was the most kind, considerate person I got to deal with but unfortunately by the time he stepped in I was already extremely stressed out. If they treat people this way for a minor accident such as mine just think how they treat people that have major accidents that really need help.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have had a few accounts in the past which has raised my premium but not to the amount that I was faced with in November 2017. I was at my wit's end, that was until I spoke with Nicole ** from the Tampa office of Progressive. Nicole spent well over 30 minutes with me via phone and combed through my policy shaving off over 500.00 unnecessary dollars I was paying. Nicole did this with the utmost professionalism and knowledge but most important with compassion. I was in a bad state and she calmed me, fixed my problem, and sent me on my way with a lower premium and renewed faith in the human race. Nicole is AWESOME!!! Reward her Progressive and keep her on your side!!! She is amazing!!! Thank you Nicole!!! You have new friends in Jersey!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

When I checked my email after I arrived at work I noticed an email from Progressive stating that my auto policy had been cancelled. This made absolutely no sense because I paid all of my statements and my account was current. When I called to ask about this they stated that their underwriting team had sent me over 20 emails warning me that I needed to take action on my policy. I checked and they sent me absolutely nothing. All they wanted was to talk about and verify my coverage selections... THEY COULD HAVE DONE THAT WITH A PHONE CALL!!! When I asked them to reinstate my policy they refused to do so, they could only quote me for a entirely different policy. After 30 minutes on the phone entering all of my information again the quote was close to $200 more than what I was paying previously. I switched back to State Farm even if it means paying a little more, I've never had a problem with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Yes my Girlfriend has Progressive Insurance. On the 30th of this month she had to run her Grandbaby to Fond du Lac to the doctor. So she went outside to start the car and move it outside to warm it up and while moving it outside she hit the passenger side of my bumper. So they sent out a estimator come out and he estimated my vehicle at $652.00. My girlfriend's vehicle was hit on the passenger bumper and he estimated hers for 600.00. Now they say it's under investigation for her changing her deductible 2 to three weeks before it happened. So I have to go through my State Farm Insurance to fix my bumper. Then State Farm will collect from Progressive. Progressive Insurance is the WORST!!! If anybody out there is looking for insurance stay away from Progressive!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Supposedly every 6 months you qualify for discounts. Not the case for me. They raised my rates. I am 55 & have never even had a parking ticket. They told me insurance is like the price of gas & can go up daily. Hmmm. I'm going insurance shopping. Progressive SUCKS.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

A lady hit my car while I was on the freeway who had Progressive Auto Insurance. I called to make a claim. They accepted full responsibility for the accident. My husband picked the car up after the repair and I noticed a scratch that was not there before. I told Progressive in a survey. Someone called me back. Ask for pictures. I sent them. I was told since it had been 48 hours they could not do anything. I said "Why call and ask for a survey if you don't plan to do anything?"

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had hail damage on both of my cars, a Nissan Sentra 2016 and a Subaru WRX Premium 2017. I went to the service center in Bridgeton, MO in the St Louis area as instructed, wasted almost 2 hours there so they could check the cars and then the service representative was very rude and unprofessional trying to tell me whether or not I should go to a Subaru dealer to get an estimate and I also heard the conversation he had with another employee to try to persuade me to fix the car there by lowering the estimate amount, so my check would be lower.

Then I clearly said I did not want the check until I was able to get another estimate and he kind of pretended he did not hear me and went ahead and printed the check anyway (only for the Subaru amount), then told me I should not care about going to a dealer and then said that his estimate was not accurate and that the amount could go up if they end up having to replace parts which is obviously not considered in his ridiculous estimate he gave me.

The experience was the worst possible. I had a similar issue with hail a few years ago in 2014, exactly on the same residence and I had a Civic 2012. Car worth 15K USD, another insurance company gave me a check for almost 9K USD and now I take two cars there, with a very similar damage because they were exactly on the same parking spot, both cars worth around 40K USD and Progressive offers me a check for 3K USD on a 27K USD Subaru WRX Premium 2017 and then 2.5K USD on a 15K USD Sentra 2016?

I am not stupid. I could clearly see the representative was not happy when I told him I was going to a dealer and again, I heard the woman, saying he should try whatever it takes to make me fix the car there when it is weather related. PLEASE DO NOT GET YOUR INSURANCE WITH PROGRESSIVE, THE SAVINGS ARE NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE YOU WILL HAVE. Get State Farm or Liberty, they are more professional and it will try to fix your issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I'm not even with Progressive. I'm with State Farm but I was hit by a driver. This was the worst experience in my life. My car didn't get fix for almost a month. They didn't want to give me a rental. They didn't want to pay my bills. When on the police report their driver admitted to hitting me. Thank God I don't have them. State Farm is the best.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been with Progressive for over 10 years. No tickets no wrecks. Added wife about 7 years ago. No wrecks no tickets. Monthly payment went from 38.00 to over 80.00 dollars. Move from Oregon to Washington and price went up again. New price just over 90.00 dollars. Here's where it gets worse. My wife pass away Oct 13, 2017 from cancer. I contacted Progressive to let them know and remove my wife from the policy. AND MY INSURANCE WENT UP. I check out 3 other major ins. Companies. And all 3 were at least 30% cheaper. I went with cheapest. GEICO saved me over 50%. Now I have better coverage from a better company for half the cost.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I'm a sixty-year-old woman who purchased an insurance policy with Progressive on a 2014 Kia Optima. I thought I had full coverage but I guess. Recently I had an accident where I hit someone from behind. Of course Progressive was not going to pay for the work that I needed to have done. They made me wait over a month until they determined that they would not cover the damage and that they justified their decision telling me that I committed fraud that they believed that my car was at another address instead of at my home. Does this make any sense? I think they discriminate against people. I think that any way they could get out of paying a claim they will. People need to know exactly what they're paying for when they pay high insurance premiums. I have never had a ticket. I have never been in an accident. I'm 60 years old first time for everything, they treated me as if I were a criminal. I am disgusted, appalled and downright angry.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My car was insured with Progressive while someone broke into it and stole some mechanic parts, called progressive and report a claim. Few days later got a call from claim investigator, "why they cut your wiring harness" she asked, "that's looks very suspicious, well I don't know why they did it." I answered and here start the abuse, this people calling me every few days and asking for different stuff. Please, you guys do it every day and don't know what stuff you need?

They will do everything so you will give up and pay for the damage yourself. It been already almost a month and they taking their time, you send phone record they ask for different format. You give them phone numbers they will call after a week and then ask you why the person not answer. They just try to make you give up, now they want the car keys, should I trust them and send my keys? I'll end up with no money and no keys. All the damage is about $5000 and I'm not sure it worth it to hire a lawyer. They know it so they keep doing it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Stay away from this company. They are all trained to take away your money and to not care for you. They make mistakes on purpose just so you pay fees. Automatic payments are not automatic payments. After 3 or so automatic payments they will tell you that you never signed up for automatic payments and that YOU HAVE TO PAY A LATE FEE. THEY WILL CLAIM THEY LOST YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION AND THAT YOU DIDN'T PAY THE 4TH BILL. They don't waive any fees even if it was their fault. Let's say you went for it anyways... And you get Progressive Insurance... Record every single thing they say and if they made a mistake and they tell you... Record it again. Record it. This will help you in court in the long run after they have destroy your reputation and credit. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Road Side Assistance - Very slow and the estimated time they give you is not the time they end up showing up. They don’t care if you’re in the middle of nowhere, they still take their time getting to you. Horrible service!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I moved to Texas and started shopping for car insurance as my existing PA insurance company wanted to raise my premium by over 100%. I requested a quote from GEICO and Progressive and found that Progressive was slightly cheaper. I signed up for the discount linked to using the snapshot device and started my insurance. As soon as I installed the snapshot device I started hearing the beeps when I braked, and soon realized that the criterion for a “hard brake” (7 miles per hour speed reduction in less than 1 second) is an arbitrary and hard to meet criterion of a “safe driving” habit. It is triggered very often in the city, as you try to avoid a yellow light, a car braking hard in front of you, or simply slowing down for a turn.

My “grade” and the grade of my wife and children started dropping immediately and no amount of care would help it. I started driving in a truly unsafe manner to avoid the beeps, not slowing down fast enough to avoid collisions or yellow traffic lights. My grade still didn’t improve. When I called Progressive they told me that the “fast starts” were impacting my grade. Fast starts are considered an increase in speed of 9 mph or more in a second. There are no beeps to warn you of these and the online report does not track fast starts. As for the hard brakes, this measure is arbitrary and hard to meet, as starting to drive when stopped at a red light and not increase your speed from 0 to 9 mph is almost impossible and often unsafe.

I started to realize that the snapshot discount is a “bait and switch” tactic to lure you into buying a policy that has the appearance of being cheaper than competitors. The problem is that there is almost no way to keep that discount if you are a normal, safe driver. If you opt out of snapshot before 45 days, your snapshot discount goes away. If you opt out after 45 days, you pay a penalty and your snapshot discount goes away. This is a scam that should be fully investigated and calls for a class action lawsuit for unfair business practices.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I've been with Progressive for several years now. I was recently involved in a car accident in which I was making a left hand turn and a driver hit me from the opposing left hand turn lane. She was trying to avoid the backed up traffic so used the turn lane to go around them and cut through the intersection and due to her speed totaled both cars. She didn't hit the brake or even so much as beeped the horn before hitting me. The police officer at the scene tailored the police report in her favor and gave me a ticket, which was dismissed in court just recently.

I filed my claim with Progressive (both of us were insured through them) and sent in all accident pictures to validate my account of the accident. After several discussions and even the damage inspector saying that the damage to both vehicles matched my account of the accident, the analyst still found me 100% at fault due to the inaccurate police report.

I called to speak to a supervisor. I was put on the phone with a rep that literally screamed at me that she's been doing this for a long time. The pictures showing the vehicle that hit me came from wrong lane were from impact not from her actually coming from that lane (keep in mind our cars were stuck together and her wheels were straight). I told her that I have a child and she could've easily have been in that car when the woman carelessly hit me. Her response was "So, that has nothing to do with the situation." For my policy renewal next month, they doubled my rate. I'm still fighting with them on the matter. Needless to say I'm leaving Progressive and regardless of their rate in the future, I won't be returning.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

When I called a local office for a quote, one of the representatives gave me his personal number to call him back and finish discussing the quote. I kept on calling him for two days and left him messages, he never called me back. I called back the local office the following day and they were going to give him a message. This was 4 days ago. I'm still waiting for his call... If he couldn't help me, I would really appreciate it if he would call me back let me know.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Hurricane Irma - Business van hit by heavy rain now has heavy electrical problems from salt water intrusion. They tell me my car was too old to have a claim. Funny I drove it for work everyday. I paid lots of money for insurance on something too old for them fix.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I completed the online quote and the price was very reasonable. We contacted a Progressive agent and when she ran a scan against our VIN number she noted we had 3 claims over the past 3 years and our rates would double - almost triple. The claims were for hitting a deer (damn deer - running out of nowhere and causing me to hit you), replacing my windshield due to cracks (from rock chips - guess Progressive doesn't want me to be able to see the road) and the wind pulling the door out of my hand and caused it to not close right (I paid for this repair myself but initially opened a claim). No tickets - no accidents involving another vehicle - simply LIFE happenings. I asked the Progressive agent what would have happened if we would have clicked on the "Buy Now" button on their website and purchased at the quoted rate and her response was Progressive would have come back and billed us extra after getting information from our VIN.

So due to rock chips, wind damage and a wayward deer that wanted to die by running out in front of us Progressive wants to double/triple our rate??? We have excellent credit, no accidents, no tickets. No thanks Progressive. BTW - I have my RV Insurance through Progressive - but when it comes time to pay our annual premium we'll be buying from someone else.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have commercial policy pay $360 a month. Been a customer for 5 years. Never had submitted a claim before but for my bad luck find out paying Progressive such a high fee and not have coverage for when damages were caused by weather conditions, I leave in Florida and this year was affected by hurricane Irma. I have a commercial vehicle Food Truck. Its wrap 3m only. Has 2 years and with hurricane conditions and trees that broke down caused my vehicle wrap to deteriorate and the wrap was lifted and caused damages to it.

Water got into the wrap where it was hit and lifted by winds and since day one and on renewals my insurance agent takes pictures and submit it to Progressive. Now they saying is from wear and tear. I told them how is that if my policy Renew in July and the pictures show the wrap was intact and that less than 2 month from hurricane and they first told me to get a estimate and have company explain damages. I send it to them. After they received they put another excuse, "We don’t have pictures after the hurricane from you." I told them, "Well didn’t you guys send an adjuster some Russian guy from Arizona?" Even he commented how Progressive Insurance denies coverage find. I send pictures. After that I got a call saying my claim was denied no pictures, after arguing and explaining over and over they told me send before pictures. I did. They email me saying they didn’t receive attachments find. I resented them. Didn’t hear back from over 2 weeks.

Call them today October 23, 2017, almost 2 month after hurricane and they told me my claim was denied because picture didn’t have a date it was sent, they are absolutely terrible in customer service. I told them well they were taken with my cellphone note 4 doesn’t say date and pictures were taken, they put excuses after excuses. I’m leaving Progressive taking my money somewhere else. They lose a longtime customer for not wanting to respond to their policy coverage, nor do I say they ask me about my last name? Why because it sounds Hispanic to you, do I have to have an American last name to be taken serious and be responded with my claim, My recommendation stay away. Save yourself a headache and money.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I signed up with Progressive Insurance company online on August 11, 2017. I was very pleased and happy. I never received anything via mail. I elected for text message notifications. On September 9th I called progressive, and spoke to a representative who verified my address. They had the incorrect city and zip code. I updated this on Sept the 9th. I received an email on 10/2/2017 (dated 9/29) that my car insurance was cancelled!!! I called and spoke to underwriting who would not reinstate my policy!!! This was after they took out my October premium from my checking account!!! I was an uninsured driver for 2 days!!! All because they failed to update their records, and their only means of communication is email!!! Are you kidding me?? Most places will call, text, and or email!!! I received nothing!!!

I am receiving a bill for $91.66 on top of a fine from the DOMV (MVA). This was an error in their system that I have to pay for!!! I updated my address!!! As of 10/18/2017 my address was not updated!!! I spoke to a supervisor, and manager who would not help or correct this!!! This is poor customer service!! By any means no one should have their car insurance cancelled without a telephone call!!! I am no longer with Progressive!!! They cost me $414.66!!! Which, put me behind!!! I do not recommend Progressive to anyone!!! They managed to put this all back on me!!! This was a glitch in their system!!! I should have never had to endure the unnecessary stress!!! They did not want to help me rectify this!!! Emails are their only method of contact!!! Emails can be hacked!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

An almost $300 PER MONTH quote?! I called around and got much better coverage with a lot lower deductibles for $93. I don't get how you can expect ANYONE to shell out that much money per month especially when I enter into that I'm a stay at home mom. I've never been in an accident and only had ONE ticket in my entire life for speeding only 9 over. It's completely ridiculous. You should definitely reevaluate your pricing. In the meantime, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have been a customer with Progressive Insurance since 2014, have had no complaints until now. In June I was hit by a woman driving an SUV. We stopped exchanged info and went on, I called it in 10 minutes later all was good, I took my truck to them for repairs, got it back with only 100.00 in damage. The other SUV had only scratch on her car, and when the adjuster talked to me and a witness that I had he said sounds like she crossed the yellow line trying to pass you all good.

Three weeks go by and he says that she has now found a witness that says I was aggressive and it was my fault. I asked where did this witness come from and why is it now she has one. Then at this time I was informed that my witness is not valid because I work in the same company as him, we have over 5,000 people I did not know him. I asked them to fight it they said no, for 3 scratched it caused 1,900 on my end. Progressive will not have your back when you need them to. I do not recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I do not have Progressive but had to deal with them as the "at-fault" driver of a recent accident was their client and I had to go through them to get my car repaired and get a rental while my car was repaired. First, calling me and leaving a message on my home phone to call back is fine. However, when I call back and leave three messages for Michelle, over a matter of a few days would suffice as calling her back. Somehow, she was able to obtain MY HUSBANDS PRIVATE cell phone number at which time she asked for me. My name is not associated with the cell phone account IN ANY WAY. However, she was able to obtain this information. Why did she feel the need to resort to such (illegal?) tactics to find me when I had tried to contact her a number of times as she requested?

I also felt she employed intimidating tactics during the phone interview about the accident. Now her client received a ticket and was 100% responsible for damaging two cars so why the heck is she trying to intimidate ME?? Thirdly, when I called to set up a rental car, she located a local rental company for me to rent from. She asked me to call her when I made an appointment with the auto body shop so that she could authorize the rental. The same day as well two more times that week, I left messages on her phone stating when I needed the rental (this was a full week before I needed it). I did ask her to call me back to confirm that she did in fact get my messages. She never did. It's possible she didn't get the messages I left for her at the number she gave me and with the greeting that I could leave a message for her and she would get back to me within 24 hours.

Of course, on the day I need the rental, I called the rental company to confirm that Michelle has authorized a car for me. Nope. She didn't. When I called her, she stated she needed a copy of the appraisal and could I fax it to her. Now this is a full three weeks after our initial discussion and two weeks after discussing rental authorization. She had all this time to request a copy of the appraisal. Yes? Of course, I was at work, did not have it with me and could not get her a copy at that moment. But hey, she was NICE enough to authorize an initial three days of car rental for me as long as I emailed her the appraisal later. So imagine my surprise when I go to get the rental and she allowed a COMPACT car even though I drive a sedan. I will never buy Progressive insurance based on this experience with them. I understand they are trying to save money by trying NOT to pay for anything their clients are responsible for.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Progressive is the worst car insurance company out there!!! They kept increasing my car insurance rate every 6 months, even though I was their customer for 4 years and had no claims, accidents or traffic tickets. Reasons for increase were all kinds of nonsenses ranging from "there were too many claims in your area" to "we just have to increase prices for everyone". Last increase posted on my account was because previous month I forgot to pay my bill and was late 5 days. Even though, I paid my policy in full and paid the late fee they increased my price for $60 more for next 6 months. Needless to say I was shopping for another company. In less than half an hour I was set up with a different car insurance, got the same coverage for $105 less per month. A huge difference!! Progressive is a company who does not value their customers and who is out there just to make money.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been trying for 3 to 4 months to get refund of insurance paid. I made the payment with MY check for 6 months of insurance for my son. Unfortunately his van broke down and cannot be repaired after 1 month. My son has issues and is homeless. All I wanted was a refund check. But Faith just told me they can't do that, because I am not on the policy. But my check paid for the policy. What now? I have very little if any contact with my son. Your company will take money from other people for someone else to pay their policy but not give it back to the person who wrote the check. HELP! We customers need to get lawyers involved to put these people in their place.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I only had my policy for 2 months. Automatic payments, no accidents, signed all my paperwork completed and they canceled my policy because they wanted to review my documents again with me. I was driving without insurance for 10 days. I called back to get my policy reinstated and they doubled my monthly payments. This is a terrible company. I was with GEICO for 12 years and never experienced something like this. Horrible customer service and I will never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had the best experience using my Progressive roadside assistance for the first time yesterday. I locked my keys in my car and called them for help. The service provider on the phone, Desiree, couldn't have been more helpful and insightful with her information. She sent someone to come help me right away and it took under 30 minutes! I even got to track the route of my driver that was coming. They called me as well to make sure I was getting help and my driver arrived. Getting my car unlocked was an breeze and the service provider for that was great to deal with too. I can't thank Progressive enough!! 11/10.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have been a Progressive Auto Insurance customer since 2007 and until earlier this year, had never reported a claim or been involved in any auto-related incidents. Earlier in the year, I was involved in a very minor accident (tapped the back of someone's bumper on the way home from work). There was absolutely no visible damage to either car, but since I knew I was at fault, I decided to bite the bullet and report the claim to my insurance provider. I followed all the instructions from my claims representative (submitted photos, dashcam footage etc.) and expected a small to moderate increase in my insurance premium on my next renewal.

Fast forward a few months and I receive my renewal notice. To my surprise, the renewal amount was DOUBLED from $635 to $1280. My first thought was that someone had made a mistake in the calculation, but after looking through my claims report, I learned that the other party involved in the minor accident mentioned above had reported an injury from the accident as well as vehicle damage. This would obviously have a significant effect on new insurance premium.

I was furious at the fact that Progressive did not notify me at all about the outcome of this claim, and was completely unwilling to explain to me the absolutely ludicrous increase in my premium that resulted. Long story short... The person I hit claimed a false injury and false vehicle damage causing my premium to DOUBLE (no joke). And I was never allowed to defend myself due to lack of communication from Progressive. They made absolutely no effort to re-examine the claim or provide any details about dealings. This is not the right way to deal with loyal customers. I am no longer a with Progressive Auto Insurance.

Progressive expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Insurance is one of the country's largest auto insurance companies and has been offering auto insurance since 1937. The company is headquartered just outside of Cleveland, OH.

• Name your price: Progressive has a unique program for auto insurance that allows people to enter their budget and find a plan that matches closest with what they can afford.

• Snapshot program: The company offers a device called Snapshot, which plugs into a car and reports stats about a driver's driving habits. This can help ensure that a driver is paying the right amount for their insurance.

• Progressive app: Progressive has an app that allows its customers to access their information from their mobile devices, in case they need it while they are away from a PC.

• Loyalty rewards: Progressive's Loyalty Rewards Program gives customers points for loyalty, and it offers benefits like Accident Forgiveness.

• 24-hour customer service: Representatives of Progressive are available 24 hours a day to help customers.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers who just purchased a car, and drivers who don't do much driving but own a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky