2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes on Quotewizard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5
Based on 1,863 ratings submitted in the last year

Progressive sells several different types of vehicle and property insurance. It’s one of the largest auto insurers in the U.S. and offers competitive rates as well as a wide range of discounts, particularly for students, safe drivers and policyholders who make automatic payments.

BOTTOM LINE

Progressive offers low-cost car insurance, including options for young drivers. It's ideal for those who want affordable auto coverage and don't mind managing their policies entirely online.

PROS
  • Various discounts
  • Competitive rates
  • Large service area
  • Multiple policy options
CONS
  • Prices vary depending on how you buy
  • Some discounts not in some states
  • Not many in-person services

Top Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

My experience has always been great. When I had to call to report that I had been in an accident, their first question was always "Are you OK? have you been hurt?" They had my back always. Customer service is really good. If I need to just get information on something, they are always polite…

Brian **, is the claims representative that I’m working with! I’m not the insured customer for this company, you’d never know the difference! Brian is SO accommodating, patient and helpful! So much I’m considering changing my own insurance company to Progressive! Thanks again BRIAN!!!

Progressive Auto Insurance Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

About Progressive auto insurance

Progressive is one of America's largest auto insurance companies, serving more than 20 million drivers. The company offers competitive rates in every state and an easy-to-use website with several helpful features and resources.

Progressive auto coverage

Progressive offers basic auto coverage options, which include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, medical payments, comprehensive, collision and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. It also has some add-on coverage options, such as:

• Roadside assistance: Pays for emergency services like towing or help with a breakdown or flat tire.
  • Custom parts and equipment protection: If your car has special features like custom wheels, this policy protects them.
  • Rental reimbursement: Covers the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being replaced or repaired due to a covered accident.
  • Deductible savings bank: Can help save money during each policy period you don’t make a claim.
  • Ride-share: Protects ride-share drivers. It covers your car even when your commercial policy gaps.

Progressive also offers commercial and classic car coverage, as well as insurance for travel in Mexico.

Progressive auto insurance quotes and costs

Progressive rates are determined by coverage type, location and the driver’s age and driving record. An average Progressive policy for someone with a good driving record is about $192 per month, but it could cost as little as $47 monthly. Progressive also offers many discounts, which can make your policy even more affordable. Here’s a look at some discounts that could apply to you:

• Safe driving
  • Homeowner
  • Online quote
  • Pay in full
  • Automatic payment

Progressive also has some handy comparison tools on its website to help you find the right policy for your budget.

Progressive auto insurance FAQ

Does Progressive offer full coverage car insurance?
Progressive doesn’t advertise full coverage policies, but it does offer liability insurance and several additional and customizable coverages.
Does Progressive have accident forgiveness?
Yes. In most states, Progressive offers accident forgiveness through its loyalty rewards program.
Where is Progressive car insurance available?
Progressive car insurance is available in all 50 states.
Does Progressive offer rental car coverage?
Yes, Progressive offers rental car coverage while your car is replaced or repaired due to a covered incident.

Is Progressive car insurance good?

Yes, Progressive is a good auto insurance provider that's available nationwide. While it doesn’t have many agents, Progressive offers reasonable rates online, which you can purchase directly via its website. Overall, its competitive rates, handy add-on coverages like gap and rideshare insurance and various rewards and discounts make Progressive a pretty solid auto insurance pick.

Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I found out this Agency from a friend. Wow! I was more than impressed with the agent's upbeat and assuring attitude. She knew the different policies and explained each one in plain details, not a lot of jive. She went through each one and noted pros and cons. She found discounts and applied them to afford me the most reasonable quotes for my policy. Instantly I had my documentation that were required and I am a happy camper. Note: Customer service is everything but the company's Service Representatives truly make the difference. 5 star care isn't just given, it's earned. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Signing up for a new policy on my van was incredibly easy and the price was so competitive too! I was able to do it all online without the hassle of talking to a salesperson, which I appreciated. I even was able to download my insurance card and all of the related documents as soon as I signed up. I've been very pleased with Progressive and even after shopping around, found theirs to be the best price of all. I highly recommend them as an insurance company for your automobile.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Progressive is easy to manage your account online but I missed the personal touch. There isn't just one agent that you build a relationship with and that person be your contact for questions or issues. I had my home and car with them and each one increased every year without explanation. When I called the call center, I was given the explanation of the cost of doing business increases. When I asked for help to review my policies, there were no suggestions on how I could save money. The personal touch is what I needed. After many years I looked for and found everything I needed. I left Progressive. Not a bad company, just wasn't what I wanted and needed.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I love the snapshot service that they offer. It keeps me driving responsibility. If you stop to hard or take a corner too fast or what is considered unsafe, it will make a sound to notify you that it just did a snapshot. I have had my insurance lowered by 20.00 a month. It may not seem like a lot but over a year that's a savings of 240.00, that's 240.00 more that I can spend on date night with my husband, groceries or whatever I would like to spend it on or save it for a rainy day. Customer service reps are knowledgable on products and services. Love the savings.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Have had Progressive Auto for five years now and six months ago had my first claim, had an at-fault accident. My premium was about the same every time and I had no issue with them increasing rates significantly over the last five years. I did price check prior to every renewal, but know I was overpaying a bit. The accident was minor but I took my vehicle to a body shop and they found hail damage that I never noticed or reported. With these two issues, it didn't make sense to repair the car so I cashed it out and bought a different vehicle. The premium did not go up after my accident (my fault) and I'm pretty happy with the streamlined online process. I did notice from the few calls with a claims adjuster that she had a lot on her plate; it took almost a month to get through the entire process. Overall I am happy with their service.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Worst insurance ever. I had a car accident and the all process was so unprofessional since the beginning. The claim adjuster keep calling my husband even though I call more than once and request him to call my number. We were considered at fault and I requested a copy of the claim report to be sent to me. I asked more than once to speak with the supervisor and was told that the supervision didn’t want to speak with me. I really felt disrespected.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Progressive gives terrible service when it comes to claims. When it comes time to make a claim on your insurance you will get the run around and not be able to talk to a progressive person. They hide behind the curtain and push your inquiries to other companies to say no. I had a windshield break and needed a replacement. The car was barely over 1 yr old. After 2 weeks of trying to get to a progressive person and getting the run around from the other company handling the claim I finally got to a progressive supervisor that may as well been a robot. Mr. Carlos ** just said no and that was policy...period. I will never use them again and will tell everyone who asks that progressive is the worst insurance ever.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I needed to change my due date by one day. I am told by Progressive customer service representative the only way I can change it is to start a new policy. Secondly, I can leave it the same but if I don’t do an automatic withdrawal from my account it is going to cost me an extra 20.00 per month. I have only been with them 1 month. This is the dumbest policy I have ever heard of. They would rather lose a customer than to change my due date by 1 day. Bye because I have had too many other offers. I have excellent driving and pay history so see ya.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Horrible Horrible uneducated Adjustors. If you have other insurance available to you, take it. This company is repairing hail damaged vehicles (unheard of in the industry with the extent of our damage). They do NOT Total the vehicles. We had other companies' opinions and garages. They would make out better w/ salvaging them for parts. No wonder the premiums are low. Myself and my daughter (from FL) had our 2014 & 2020 vehicles hit with freak hailstorm in gulf shores, AL. They want to cut off the roofs of the cars and repair them (if I would ever be in a roll over after this- I now have a weak spot). The damage was to every single panel of the vehicles w/ baseball sized hail. They had us drive back 8+ hrs w/ smashed windshields. They would not repair for a safe ride home. As soon as these claims are closed, we are going back to ALLSTATE.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Called today to change our policy to just liability. And during conversation I mentioned that I'd rather cancel than pay such amount. The lady asked right away if I want to cancel it. Clearly they are not interested in new customers or value their customers. Didn't even ask me to wait and see the new policy amount. Very unprofessional. If you're lowering or canceling your policy be ready for negative response from representatives.

Progressive Auto Insurance Company Information