Progressive Auto Insurance

Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews

About Progressive Auto Insurance

Progressive sells several different types of vehicle and property insurance. It’s one of the largest auto insurers in the U.S. and offers competitive rates as well as a wide range of discounts, particularly for students, safe drivers and policyholders who make automatic payments.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Various discounts
  • Competitive rates
  • Large service area
  • Multiple policy options
Cons
  • Prices vary depending on how you buy
  • Some discounts not in some states
  • Not many in-person services

Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 8%
  • 10%
  • 5%
  • 4%
  • 73%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Auto Insurance?

Reviewed May 2, 2024

#progressiveinsurance #autoinsurance #automotive❗️❗️SCAM ALERT (SNAPSHOT PROGRAMS): Stay Away from Auto Insurance SNAPSHOT Programs with your Auto Insurance Carrier. Apparently with your car is lost, even in a NO FAULT Accident your Premium will GO UP, when you have to remove your lost car, because of the SnapShot Program Discount. Lost my Car to a Hit and Run Driver, had to junk the Car, remove it from my Insurance because it's no longer drivable, Insurance Premium goes up because of the Snapshot Program no longer applying to the Lost Car, even if you're Not at Fault. (Progressive Insurance) They don't bother to tell you this upfront.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I received another increase for no reason, so I called the customer support. The people on the other side of the phone have no idea what they're talking about, I was told that my rates went up due to: inflation, labor cost, and claims in my area. I said that CPI was 3% for the last 12 months and I'm fine with this increase, but where is 27% coming from, representative couldn't tell. Progressive net profit was $3.8 BILLION in 2023, a 456.41% increase from 2022. So please don't buy into: additional claims or inflation nonsense, it's simply a lie. Extremely disappointed in a public company that ripping people off. And their average employee is not making a buck either.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I got my commercial policy with Progressive and after one month my monthly payment keeps increase. Progressive took advantage of my desperate and dire need for insurance for my family business which is our lifeline. I feel deceived by the company and wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

THIS COMPANY WILL PULL MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!! NEVER ENROLL IN THIER AUTO BILLING! And when you try to call to have the payment they pulled corrected, they will keep telling you that they cannot do anything because not enough time has passed for them to be able to correct it. Then they will load you up with fees and charges for the missed payments, when they are the ones trying to fraudulently pull the money to begin with!

The representatives will mock you, call you a liar (Rep named Janette) and the condescending Supervisor (Named Constance) will do nothing but argue with you more that they did not screw up and try to convince you that some mysterious outside entity must have hacked my auto account and ordered a false payment that -conveniently- will go into their companies pockets. I had a policy with them for 10+ YEARS and this is the first and last time there has been an issue. I have never received customer service this bad in my entire life- and it was all to cover up their own fraud!

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Raised my rate only 2 months after getting my policy from $394 to $474, no accidents, no violations, no tickets, no warning just because there was an increase in accidents in the area I happen to have signed up for Progressive insurance. It takes me 4 hrs at work to make up that increase for something I have no control over! You are messing with hardworking people's lives, there should be laws against this money grab!! I trusted Flo but not no Mo

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Do not use Progressive. They lie and then they do not admit it when you catch them. All they care about is making money off their policyholders. I caught them in a lie and now they just do not care. I would like to give them ZERO STARS.

CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Ok, this is complicated. First I would like to say that I do not appreciate the deceptive practices that can be committed by this company. Some context, I rent an apartment suite above a garage at a single family home. My household includes just me. My landlord's son just obtained his driver's license. Progressive, without asking or communicating, placed her son onto my insurance policy, which prompted a dispute from me. This dispute elevated. Progressive explained that all members in the household were required to be on my policy. I debated this. After not only insisting, and actually placing him on my policy I provide them with proof of insurance. Being that they were trying to charge me insurance, and his mother insurance company was already insuring him, this creates a deceptive practice of double dipping.

I spoke with high level individuals in the State Insurance Commission who assured me that this was not legal if I provided proof of insurance. The insurance people then said, even with proof of insurance, they would continue to charge me an extra $7.99 fee for him as an unlisted driver living at the same address. I continued to dispute this and the State insurance commission agreed with me. There was NO legal basis for this fee. Progressive claimed they had a special agreement with the commission to do so, however the commission disagreed and stated unequivocally that they have no special agreements with any individual company that allows this and had never heard of anything like this occurring before.

Fast forward, they credited me back the almost $300/ month they were charging me for my landlord's son but in the renewal policy, I moved to the Emerald loyalty tier having been a long term customer, yet my bill increased from $97/month to $114/month. After speaking with a representative at progressive they explained that a risk assessment was conducted and required an additional $8.00 added to my agreement. This is very clearly a fraudulent way to continue charging me the $7.99 fee that the state commission stated was not legal to charge. Extremely deceptive and I will even say a fraudulent business practice.

I inquired with several other insurance companies, and each one stated they had never heard of such a thing occurring where drivers were forced onto someone’s policy because they shared the same address, let alone hiding non-permissible charges as a form of retaliation for the legal dispute. I am in the process now of filing a formal complaint, as recommended by the state insurance commission. The commission was perplexed by this situation. It could have happened to many other, but perhaps I am the only one to speak up and push back on it only to find that I am correct and the company is being deceptive. My experience with Progressive was great all the way up until this situation and since has been quite poor.

Hey Joshua!
    This is my exact same issue! It just happened on Thursday to me. They kept telling me it was legal for them to do this! I also wrote to the State Insurance board. Also copied the policy , no where doe it state they are allowed to charge me automatically, or raise my rates- only that I am supposed to notify them. Now i have a roommate on my policy but excluded. The refuse to remove her. They said if I didn't return the " exclusion" to them in time, they would charge me $3k. I also reported them to the Local News Investigative reporting, BBB (where there are Thousands of complaints) They argued with me over the phone and said they would report me (not sure to who?) they hung up on me when I got upset and started crying. They told me anyone who MAY have access to my car needs to be on my policy, as if I am going to just let anyone drive my car! 9 I asked them if I should also put my dog on my policy since she rides in my car daily. Something needs to be done about these unfair practices! It feels like extortion!

Reviewed April 23, 2024

Guys, I don’t recommend anyone to take out insurance in this company. First that the value changes every month. There were months that I had to call 10x to find out what happened. Second I tried to change my windshield and my coverage didn’t cover and ok, I upgraded the police to try again because it’s my first insurance. I’ve never done that. You believe they called me and started threatening that they would have an investigation and stuff. No problem, I paid out of my pocket. I did it wrong. Yes!

The first time a man called me and talked to me with a horrible arrogance and said that I chose the cheapest so that I would be content with the broken glass and the best that is recording. And now on 04/23 I receive an email saying that they are not going to renew the policy and that I would have to go to another company. Guys, they’re terrible. The threats and the way these people treat you are terrible. When I have any questions, they are always good. But now if you need your insurance they treat you like garbage! I don’t recommend it.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed April 22, 2024

Do not trust this insurance company to help. They added a random person as a driver to my car policy WITHOUT my consent. Luckily, I was viewing my account to make a change of address and saw the extra random person. When I called to ask what was going on, they stated the reason for adding her was based on a report that her information was "similar" to mine. They put it on me saying they had sent me an email. (Now, I did not see this email BUT WHY GO AHEAD, DID I RESPOND?) I never confirmed or reached out myself to add another person on my policy. How dare they because Had I not caught it, they would have charged me for it on my payment date. Now I am canceling my account with them because when I called customer service to remove the person - they told me I needed to fill out a form and it would be a few days to process.

OH SO YOU CAN ADD SOMEONE WITHOUT MY SIGNATURE, BUT YOU NEED MY SIGNATURE TO REMOVE THEM? They create policies that only benefits them and does not make sense for the customer. Progressive - what right did you have to add a complete stranger to the policy that I pay for without my consent and then put it on me to fix? It just really doesn't make any sense to stay with such an unhelpful, sneaky company. And if that's your policy, then maybe you should change your "process".

Claudia

Same here!!! Lets speak up! Lets get this flagged and stop the extortion!

Coverage

Reviewed April 17, 2024

I purchased insurance with Progressive and later needed to cancel as I sold the vehicle. They issued a refund check, and I deposited said check. They put a stop payment on the check, which caused multiple fees, and have refused to cover the fees their actions caused. NEVER do business with them.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I was involved in an accident May 2023, where the police report clearly indicated the other driver was 100% at fault and insured by Progressive. I provided the Progressive representative my bill. I did not hear back and I forgot to follow up. I reached back out Feb 2024 to find out Progressive is waiting for a third party to call them. I called the third party and was told they provided Progressive the information needed to move forward. I asked the Progressive representative to call the third party and shared what I was told by them. I was told by Progressive I needed to show proof I paid the bill.

I reached out to my insurance company to ask for something showing I paid my bill. Because I set up payment plan on the App they did not have anything showing the billed amount and all the monthly payments applied. I was able to get something showing the billed amount and payments. Almost a year later I’m still waiting for a payment. This has been a horrible experience. I should have gotten an attorney.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I have had Progressive for a few years and felt they were good. But my thoughts are different. My 2010 Kia Soul got vandalized in October 2023. Today is 4/14/24 & I still do not have my car because they say it's fixable, but waiting parts. Last I heard from my rep by email was 3/6/24. So they're good as long as you don't have a claim.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I tried to get a new quote for my insurance at which point they kicked me off of my old policy and escalated my quote review to an ominous under writing team that no one has a point of contact for other than email that they take "2 or more business days to respond to." In the meantime, I have no insurance, and while all I want to do is pay them the $300 plus I have been paying them for the past 6 years, they tried to renew me at $580 a month. No one can tell me why their underwriting team needs to review my documentation that I must submit (even though they already have full access to everything they've asked for) just that there is nothing they can do and maybe I should find somewhere else for a quote. At this point I've already invested at least 4 hours in trying to get requoted, and I'm being sent into the weekend with no insurance.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Terrible customer service. I called in for my policy and firstly, it was unusually difficult to get through to a human. I did not have any issues that the automated service could direct me to. Finally, when I was able to get a human on the phone after several tries, the woman who answered was curt, and did not want to help me find what I needed or to be bothered with having to provide it to me. She literally asked if I was logged into the website. Of course I was. They have grouped all documentation together in one massive dump that customers have to sort through with a fine tooth comb, having to open up every attachment in the long list (pages and pages because they have grouped in emails, bills, notices, updates, etc.). She was very rude to me. I finally asked her, can't you just email my policy to me? To which she replied "No, because you should be able to find it right there." Just horrible and a pitiful excuse for making a paycheck.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

1. BEWARE of Progressive Auto Insurance! THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $10.10 to opt out of Snapshot. 2. Signed up for Snapshot and it states Phone Interference if you are not completely OUT of the car to use your phone. Keys out of ignition and on dashboard STILL got "phone interference." 3. AND Progressive is getting PAID to sell my information and driving habits to other insurers, auto companies, etc. CHANGING insurance carriers at renewal.

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I have auto insurance, since I recently moved to a new address the old resident was attached to the address. So I received a letter to contact the underwriters and that situation was cleared by her asking me question but in general conversation she has a child who is the age of one of my grandchildren, 17 yrs old and I said yea never give them a car 'cause they would not return and that age is going through so much (do not want to stay in school, staying here and there) and I said she comes to my house sometimes and said her first name but since she did understand the last name. She spelt it wrong and now wants to put her on my policy. Then she wants to write in her notes that I said it, she is a liar! Dealing with Keyanna and then Chloe was the worst experience I have had in a while.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 1, 2024

PLEASE DO NOT GET PROGRESSIVE AUTO INSURANCE!!! THE WORST SERVICE YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE! I was hit in a car accident by one of Progressive insured and I called Progressive for WEEKS and ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACTS! The adjusters will avoid you! The claims department for Texas is ridiculous, rude & unprofessional. I called Raissa **, the Adjuster, each day for several weeks after my accident and was forward to the voicemail, no call back, no forwarded (replacement if she was out of the office) NOTHING. Then I called the Claims Department, spoke with EXTREMELY SCARASTIC & RUDE Claims Dept Agent named Ariana. She called Raissa 6 six times while I was on hold (no answer), then I asked her to forward me to the Claims Dept Supervisor, Andrew ** (Raissa's boss) and NO ANSWER, NOTHING!

After I explained to Ariana that I needed to speak to someone because I had called for WEEKS only to be forwarded to VOICEMAIL, She called her boss Carolann **, NO ANSWER, NO RESPONSE FROM EITHER OF THESE PEOPLE! THEY NEED TO BE FIRED WITH HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE! Finally, Ariana said "NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU" I said, so this is the CLAIMS Dept and NO ONE can help ME?? Just WOW! After several weeks, they still had not contacted me NOR SENT ME ANY LINK OR EMAIL TO UPLOAD MY AUTO DAMAGES WITH THE "Invite Code"!!!

After I continued to called Progressive Claims Dept and Adjusters, they finally WITH NO CONTACT to me assigned my claim over to another Adjuster because they did not want to deal with the matter at hand. My claim happened on 3-9-2024 and to be avoid when my auto was damaged with my son in the car is totally horrid service!! People, go to State Farm!! They are way better, professional, timely submitting your claims! Stay away from Progressive insurance!!!! The only reason I give them a one star is because it's required! Their service is worth zero-stars.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I've had Progressive for years for auto, umbrella, and home insurance. For a low speed 5 mph single-car accident on ice (my car slid into a guard rail with minimal damage), Progressive raised my rates almost $400 for 6 months! I am a retired firefighter with a spotless driving record. As soon as I can find umbrella coverage with another carrier, I will be moving all policies to another carrier.

Reviewed March 25, 2024

Progressive told me I had NO POINTS on my driving record and NO POINTS on my Insurance record but because I had a Violation that was on there that I had my lawyer take care of.. they STILL raised my rates. Regardless if it's your fault or not, they will still raise your rates!!!!

CoverageStaff

Reviewed March 23, 2024

Disingenuous frauds. They do bait-and-switch games with teaser rates, then tried extracted information about other people in the household, and tried disingenuously adding another driver to the vehicle when no one else was designated as a driver. I've NEVER had an insurance carrier deal with me like this beforehand. They changed the insurance from $178 month to over $300+.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPriceStaff

Reviewed March 22, 2024

I switched to Progressive from Allstate because I thought the rates would be cheaper but the difference only ended up being a few dollars. I would gladly pay more for better customer service. Recently, I had my hood blow up while I was on the highway & it suffered damage. I filed my claim under comprehensive & the adjuster I spoke with was the most rude, uninformed adjuster I have ever dealt with. I have been a paralegal for over 15 years & deal with insurance daily & have never experienced the horrible customer service the adjuster gave me. I spoke with her once when she told me where to take my car. When I took it to the collision center, I assumed they would do the estimate & get back to the adjuster who would then contact me. WRONG. The adjuster accepted the estimate & the collision center proceeded to repair my car without my knowledge.

When I received an automated text that they were repairing my car, I called, emailed & texted my adjuster with no response. I contacted her supervisor with no response. I instructed the shop to halt all repairs on my vehicle because the $2k damage to the hood should have totaled out my car with 190k miles & engine damage. I then spoke with a Progressive rep who manages the body shop who informed me that it is normal not to have contact with the adjuster after the car is taken to the shop. He also informed me that the estimate didn’t total my car because the engine damage hadn’t been formally diagnosed prior to the hood damage. I instructed him to send me the check & not fix my vehicle.

When I towed my vehicle home, my engine would not even crank when before I took it in, it would at least crank & run. I am still waiting for my check & it has been a week since it was supposedly mailed & over 2 weeks since the damage to my hood. I am stuck with a car that won’t even crank & no way to get another vehicle until I get the check in the mail. Save yourself the headache & go elsewhere. It isn’t worth the few dollars you save to have this awful customer service.

Reviewed March 19, 2024

Here's how my experience with Progressive went from great over the last sixteen years to absolutely horrible. Customer service has relatively been good but, I recently got a bill increase from 123 to 187, with 1 speeding ticket In the last 10 years & no at fault accidents in over 12 yrs. Auto insurance companies are losing money right now due to inflation and cars being in the shops for longer. So they decided to increase my bill. I'm currently in school and not making much right now until I finish school. So the increase in my auto insurance bill was completely unsustainable for me. They suggested to completely redo my policy to see if they could save me some money. Once they did.

I went from having full coverage with car insurance rental roadside assistance & 0 deductible, which would normally be $500 deductible, because I've been with them for 16 years, to none of that, I would have had to pay $2500 out-of-pocket deductible & the bill was still over $200 a month for just me. They completely burn that bridge. I will never go back to them. It's disgusting. They are doing this to people that have been with them for over twenty years.

Reviewed March 18, 2024

Have roadside assistance with Progressive. Car broke down in garage at Baltimore. Was told by them 3x in 15 hours couldn't tow it because couldn't find a in network tow company to try on my own. Ps while I'm working in hospital in city 2 hours from home. So was towed till next late evening. That's 24 hrs after broke down. I was told tow company they accepted job twice but it was cancelled because progressive didn't want to pay and kept low balling prices. I had roadside call to verify this. Roadside placed me on hold and apparently called towing number. She Said they said was first they accepted tow. So I So we are both lying huh.

I called towing place back. Same number. She verified we both called and he said no one called him in hours so she lied. Asked her placed on 3way so we could verify. After she did was only me and tow company. Couldn't hear her. Then they called me after car towed. Mind you at 1118am and 1218am. Two days straight now waking us up because from Arizona number like what the crap. Just vomit. Going back to geico asap.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed March 12, 2024

Bait and switch pricing. When I called about binding, my calls were dropped more than once. I was unable to complete the binding process. No one ever reach out to me. When I did later speak with a representative and with multiple managers, they could not bind my quote and could not answer basic question. I wonder if Progressive is competent.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed March 4, 2024

I would leave 0 stars if possible. I was a Progressive customer for almost 4 years, from 2020-2024. I paid my insurance rates on time and in 6 month increments. I had one claim due to an accident I was not at fault for and progressive was able to get their money back from the other driver's insurance. I moved to a new state and when updating my insurance, I was told I could not get a quote from insurance because my car had been reported missing or stolen. I was shocked, considering the fact that I had my car and had never reported it stolen. I was then left running around trying to find out what had happened. I contacted my lien holder and they said there were no issues with the title, I contacted my previous state DMV and they said there were no missing reports for my vehicle. I contacted the progressive quote support email and was simply told they could not offer me a quote because of the vehicle history of being reported stolen. They gave no other information but to get a Carfax report to learn more.

I then had to pay to get a Carfax report to find that the car had been reported stolen and then recovered in 2020, a time before I owned the car. I called progressive asking for a refund on the Carfax report and a letter stating this was a progressive policy to not insure the car. They refused the refund (which I can grudgingly understand, although I still find it wrong) and they refused a letter. I was treated as though I had done something wrong and was told there was nothing to be done. Progressive is a billion dollar company and this is how they treat their customers. I paid thousands of dollars to them over the years for very little in return. It also takes days to be able to reach anyone on the phone that can help you. Multiple times I spoke to someone who could not help me and could not transfer me to someone who could, their only suggestions were to reach out to the automated email. I will never use progressive again and I would caution anyone I know against using them.

Claims HandlingCoverageOnline & App

Reviewed March 3, 2024

I have been a Progressive auto insurance customer for over 20 years and until recently, all had went smoothly. My car was recently involved in an accident and rendered a total loss. I have full coverage and loan/lease payoff (25% of vehicle value). Based off the coverage I have, the vehicle should have been paid in full. The adjustor assigned to the claim did not send the proper amount to the lender and refused to listen to my suggestion of "running the numbers" again. She prematurely closed my case and I am being held responsible for the remaining balance on the vehicle.

I was also instructed by the adjustor to make a car payment to the lender even though the vehicle was not in my possession and had been legally signed over to progressive. I believe she did this in order to get a lesser amount that progressive would be responsible to pay. I believe that the adjustor intentionally, and dishonestly, mismanaged my claim due to greed and lack of concern for customers. I also believe I am not the only customer this has happened to. I have contacted the top executive as well as management at progressive, to no avail, as of today. The accident was mid January and the case was closed around a month ago.

Progressive did not honor the policy/ contract that I have with them, nor have they listened to my request to review the claim. Progressive prides itself in being honest to better take care of its customers. The events that have transpired, in my opinion, are very dishonest. Their website states, "our name stands for forward motion and striving to do better." Dear Progressive, I am still waiting for you to honor your end of the deal and make this right! I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Department of Insurance to aid in helping to rectify this issue.

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

Incident or Accident Free (my entire driving life of 39 years) Progressive Customer for the Last 5 Years. 2018 Mercedes Sprinter Van 2500 which was bought New off Dealer Lot. Full year minimum commercial and personal coverage $1400 per year total (10 months of payments). Increased roughly $100 per year thru year 5. Latest increase $1800 to $2900 per year for a vehicle that is 5 years older with 120,000 miles. I get it's a business but this latest increase is way out of line. Dropped and decided to get with Geico who now covers Sprinter Vans in Maine. Did not 5 years ago. My semi annual payment is $600 for same exact coverage. $1200 year vs $2900. NO BRAINER!!! Shop around when your Progressive Policy is up for Renewal. Just In case! Mike T.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

I have had a perfect driving record for the past 12 years. Instead of my monthly payments dropping over time; they are instead rising, at an average of $12.00 per year, each year. When I lived in MA, my rates would decrease each year that I had no tickets or accidents. I am VERY unhappy with this company.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

Absolutely horrible insurance. Having a simple claim for last 3 months, manager can't even send an email, calling me 5 times while I am on my retreat in Mexico without any phone signal. I sent message, "I can't call. I am on silent retreat in Mexico, please send me an email or talk to my repair shop. You have all the information." I have also cancelled one claim earlier because the person driving said he will pay for it but he never did so I submitted a claim again and they are asking for 2000 deductible when I pay 280 a month. My fault to be honest but still not cool.

Then when I tried to reopen the claim and submitted the new one they said that I am doing this twice and I already submitted one. But I was instructed to do so by them before. There was an obvious miscommunication which they didn't even care about to wait for me, send me an email, or anything and they cancelled my claim. So basically I am paying so much money for insurance and all I get back is damage on my car and broken windshield which they can not even send money for or repair.

Also as soon as I am over this and tried to cancel the insurance I can not because I filed with them for 6 months (some policy). Also after that call, they actually send me a non-renewal information that I can't renew with them again which I would not obviously do even if I had zero other options because what I paid for insurance I could have my damages covered 3 times already.

Also claiming that I actually misinterpreted some information or provided a faulty one and that's the reason they are not renewing. But when you look at it from poor customer point of view, huge company like that is just trying to cover their ** and get as much money as possible from you. Anyway, very dissatisfied after few years dealing with them and basically submitting ONE claim for one quick repair that shop can do within 24 hours.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

They keep looting you until you identify. I bought car insurance last year and they charged me 1200 and they continued same amount at every renewal until I found that my insurance cost is 800 if I get new policy from Progressive instead or renewing at 1200... Doesn't make any sense.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2024

Certainly if I could give -100 stars I would. Progressive use to be a decent company. I Called in with a couple of questions to get a requote on my insurance policy. The young lady asked me how many people living in the home? I said 2 but my son is here for the weekend, she immediately stated, "Oh well if he's in the home he has to be added on the policy." I stated no he does not and he has his own insurance as well, she kept insisting he needed to be added on and put him on my policy without my permission. I asked for a supervisor whose name is Kelly. She was so rude, insisting that my son stay on my policy after I explained to her my son is visiting and will be leaving on 02/11/2024 but instead he left on 02/10/2024, only stayed with us a couple of days.

Those crooks put him on my policy and wouldn't take him off. So I logged in and removed him. I couldn't believe what happened next. Tim called me, and didn't even identify my information before he began speaking. Stated, "Mrs. ** I see you removed your son from the policy," I stated, "Yes and if you place him back on I'll remove him again because he has left," and I hung up on him because he was rude and aggressive. I logged into my account and noticed he put my son back on again, and I couldn't remove him because he had a disclosure that stated I needed to have proof of residence before I could remove him. That was so unprofessional what that entire team did, you know when someone thinks you're being dishonest it's because they are. What crooks and liars they are. Well I then called back to cancel my entire policy because I dare to pay you 300.00 dollars per month when my son is not living here, he was just visiting for a couple of days using my car for those few days.

These folks are totally insane and greedy animals trying to squeeze a dollar anywhere and how they can. Now you end up owing me for cancelling. All of you cheaters out there know for sure that no one that is smart enough to see you for who you are, is going to play games with you. Your sin will find you out. Tim is a joke of a lead or whoever he is and he needs to find a job working with animals because certainly that's his like behavior. Go somewhere else people. Trust me read the reviews. Progressive have gone to the dogs. Also beware when you file a claim. Do not allow them to record your conversation without first getting you an attorney. Make sure you listen to every word they state, those crooks will try to settle quickly as to they get paid bonuses to settle with little time and less money paid to you as possible. Cover yourself, they only care about your money, not you. Take heed least you be manipulated, they are vultures.

Claudia

Please report it to the state commission board- insurance- if we all do that we might get them to stop these unfair practices

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

Filed a claim with Progressive because one of their insured rear-ended me while I was stopped at a traffic light. Their driver admitted fault in a text message. First, Progressive wanted photos of the damage, then they wanted the Florida Traffic Crash Report. I contacted my dealership where all service has been performed in the 7 years of owning my vehicle and got a repair estimate from them (for over $1500). Now, Progressive is saying that the documentation (that they requested) is insufficient and that they now want to waste more of my time to examine the damage in person during their limited and inconvenient daytime hours (with no possibility of evening or weekend availability). What a load of...! This is a terrible way to treat a claimant and a definite reason not to ever contract with Progressive for insurance! Purchase this insurance at your own peril!

Claims Handling

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

Their perks have major loopholes. Rates are not as good as they claim them to be. Had a first time accident (haven't had an accident), so they took away my benefits, misjudged the accident, never contacted me to let me know they ruled against me and declare at fault, when they told it would an accident ruled that both drivers would be at fault. Terrible experience.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

September 2023 I signed my 16-year-old son up for car insurance. I had it automatically come out of my account once a month so I didn't keep an eye on it. I thought they would be honest. His bill went from $190 to approximately $315 a month. When I seen this I called and questioned them. They had added five other drivers to his policy for those people. We're not even around anymore because of a divorce and the fifth person is is a person. Nobody even knew who that person was so they've been charging my account illegally for months.

They said they sent a letter to me in a month asking about this. Never seen it. Never seen an email on top of that either and when I try to talk to them for over an hour yesterday I got nowhere with anybody. This seems like a huge scam where they're taking money legal from people and hoping they won't catch it. I can't believe I used to think a Progressive was a good company. Only to find out they're thieves like every other insurance company it seems like here lately. I just can't believe the stunts this company is pulling.

Verified purchase
    Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

I have a multi-vehicle policy with Progressive and have been using them for years with zero claims. I filed my first claim on my Thor Magnitude Super-C Motorhome that was caused by a wind event when traveling through mountain passes in Colorado. After the adjuster review my entire claim was denied stating it was based on poor design of the motorcoach and not a singular event that could be pointed to. They also broke out my claim into multiple sub-claims to ensure a deductible was applied to each one. I'm sure all perfectly legal but I'm absolutely astonished at how far they went to avoid paying out on damage that I pay for coverage for.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

In October, my 2012 Mercedes GL 350 encountered an unfortunate collision when it was struck from behind while stationary at a stoplight. What ensued was a disheartening experience with Progressive Insurance, characterized by a stark lack of diligence and a disregard for customer well-being. At the time of the incident, my vehicle, meticulously maintained and mechanically sound, suffered a substantial antifreeze leak, rendering it inoperable. Despite Progressive's commitment to addressing the necessary bodywork repairs, they regrettably declined to acknowledge or rectify the consequential mechanical issues, attributing their decision to the age of the vehicle (2012) and its mileage (105,000).

It is imperative to underscore that my car was fully functional and drivable prior to the accident, making the current mechanical complications a direct result of the collision. This glaring disparity between the pre- and post-collision condition contradicts the fundamental principle of insurance coverage – the restoration of the insured property to its pre-loss state. I must clarify that Progressive Insurance represents the at-fault party's insurer, not my own. Despite my innocence in the incident, the aftermath has led to substantial personal investment, prolonged engagement with bureaucratic processes, and the unfortunate transformation of a once-pristine vehicle into an immobile state.

In light of these circumstances, I respectfully seek a reevaluation of Progressive's position. I request a thorough consideration of the mechanical issues resulting from the collision and a commitment to restoring my vehicle to its pre-accident operational state. This pursuit aligns with the core principles of insurance coverage and the expectation that damages, both visible and mechanical, be appropriately addressed. I trust that Progressive Insurance will take this matter seriously and demonstrate a commitment to upholding the integrity of their service. Your prompt attention to this request is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

I would rated zero star if there is an option. I have been a loyal customer since 2005, this company had always provided best service. Recently, they added a teen (not my kid) from my brother-in-law's girlfriend previous marriage on my policy. I explained, they are just visiting from out of state with extended stay, they also have their own auto insurance. They advise I can put on her on exclusion list, but yet they still increase my insurance 300 dollars and expect me to pay that in 19 days. In addition, Progressive sent me nonrenewal notice until I provide each person live on the household. The customer service rep (Towana #**) was so rude on the phone, actually encourage me to check other company. Worst experience I had. The corporate company has changed a lot, they don't care by anyone else besides ripping people off!! I'm so disappointed with this company.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2024

I've recently had a disheartening experience with Progressive Insurance that I feel compelled to share. Without any prior notification, my stepdaughter was added to my daughter's insurance policy, causing an unexpected increase of over $100 per month in our premiums. Despite reaching out for clarity, Progressive has yet to show any proof that they had informed us of this significant change beforehand. This lack of transparency is deeply concerning and reflects poorly on their commitment to customer service.

The aspect that has been most troubling is not being consulted or informed about changes that directly affect my policy. This unexpected alteration, made without my consent, is not only unprofessional but also calls into question the company's operational ethics. Additionally, the response from the customer service team has been unsatisfactory. Their failure to provide a clear explanation or solution has only compounded the issue. This experience has significantly diminished my trust in Progressive Insurance. It's a stark reminder to be vigilant about policy changes, especially when clear communication from the insurer is lacking.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2024

They raise rates without any claims. Called in and spoke to Tracey **, she was extremely rude, unprofessional and extremely condescending. I do not recommend Progressive at all. I wish I never gave them any of my money.

Customer ServiceClaims Handling

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

Have rented a car from Enterprise, Chapel Hill (NC) and returned September 2-4, 2023. After 3 months I am told that I am responsible for ~$16k damage and nobody is interested to listen and sort the problem, now threatened to pay $1k down payment. I am told not to be able to rent a car from any company and they want to send a document my file for a collection. Nobody is willing to look and sort the problem both in the Enterprise or Progressive. I spoke finger full of officers at progressive, everybody is wanting to pass me the next office. The only person who did not push me is Mike (I think in one of the department related to claim). Everybody want me to pay $1k down payment by one way or another. Everybody want to protect colleagues not the customer.

I think my file is being handled by a person called Kelly "**". I have also reached Kelly's supervisor who shut the phone on me for presenting my case, unprofessional! I may need to look for lawyer to deal with the issue. I think I have enough evidence on hand and I may need to be compensated for my time and affected reputation. I may need to advise people as well to be careful on insurance communication and renting trusting progressive. /Ashenafi

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

Worst experience with an insurance company in 30 years. They will attempt to not fix any possible parts of your vehicle if in an accident. They do not respond back and will often change stories. As the paying customer, you can expect to be treated poorly and have the process take entirely too long. I hit a deer and after almost 3 months without my vehicle, they are now claiming not to fix any internal parts. Whatever money you may save in policy premiums is a drop in the bucket compared to how badly they will mistreat you if you actually need insurance. I will be canceling my policy with them and going with anyone else. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

As an Emerald member of Progressive Insurance and a loyal customer for the past 14 years, I recently encountered a disappointing level of customer service. Following a minor car accident where another driver hit the center of my brand new Tesla Model Y's rear bumper, I reported the incident to Progressive with all the necessary details and photos. The next day, I received a call from adjuster (JXs***), who collected the information again and advised me to contact the other driver's insurance if I wanted to repair my car.

Initially convinced, I later learned from friends that it's customary to contact one's own insurance company first, and the adjuster would assist in facilitating the repairs. Despite this insight, I am still awaiting a call from Progressive's adjuster, and there has been a lack of follow-up or communication. Even after reaching out to the escalation claim department, my call was transferred to the adjuster's voicemail, leaving me frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and assistance in resolving the situation.

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

My insurance premium was fair when I got my first quote and so secured it for 6 months. I was new to Florida and I left the state for the summer with my Florida car in storage. I was still covered when I left the state. I got a renewal notice and the premium was raised by $200.00 which made no sense to me, as we had no claims. I felt they just quoted me low to get my business, then raised it thinking I’d just pay the higher cost. So I called the toll free number and explained the car was in storage and felt a premium increase was not warranted, as I was not driving the car. I inquired if there was a storage option and the woman who answered the call was apparently new. I started asking her how I could save on my premium, she wasn’t able to suggest anything on how I could save since my car was in storage. It made no sense to me, so I let it cancel at the end of the term.

Shortly after that I found out by letter from the state, you can’t let insurance lapse in Florida, even if you don’t operate the vehicle. I also found another company that sells garage/storage policies that provide low cost coverage if a car is stored. This whole experience proved to me that their customer service reps are untrained and don’t understand the insurance laws in the state of Florida, she should have explained that this insurance can’t lapse, and offered me a storage policy. I won’t use them again. I now use an agent who knows what the insurance laws are.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

I have been a loyal customer since 2018 with Progressive - never missed a single payment or was late. I recently got engaged so I wanted to bundle my Progressive policy with my fiancé. Progressive advised me I had to cancel my existing policy & start a new one with them. I called in to Progressive to tell them I was getting a new policy WITH Progressive, and that I wanted to cancel my current policy with Progressive so I did not have 2 that were active. They advised me to fill out an affidavit dating & signing. I did. Shortly after, Progressive CANCELLED the new policy saying I had a LAPSE because I canceled 7 days before my new policy began. Because of this, I am not able to get car insurance for 3 YEARS FROM ANY COMPANY!!!

I pleaded and begged the customer service rep that it was a mistake and asked for the audio call recording because I told them I was going from Progressive to Progressive. Shouldn't Progressive have given me ANY type of directions on how to go from an old policy to a new policy??! I have an email in WRITING to Progressive (PRIOR TO CANCELING) stating that I had a new policy with them and that all I wanted to do was cancel my existing policy & keep the new policy so there was no confusion. I have children and a family, and now I am unable to drive for 3 YEARS due to the lack of guidance from Progressive. The manager at Progressive would not give me any names on who I spoke to whatsoever.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

At the end of getting a quote when I typed in my SS it came back with a higher price due to some information changes that they updated. First it says “your vehicle has been updated” and proclaims the vehicle info I entered does not match the VIN I provided, then proceeds to list two columns of “updates based on VIN” and “Vehicles you entered” and under each column it describes the exact same vehicle. Nothing was updated yet they say the info does not match. The next line said “your vehicle history information has been updated” but does not tell me what they updated and it may have impacted my rate. The final line says “your policy start date has changed” when the policy start date is the same I set it to when my previous policy expires and since I apparently “modified the date” it may have affected my rate. What a joke! Seriously Progressive?

Price

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

We have been with this company since 2000, and every time we renew our premiums increase. This company doesn't reward loyalty or good driving but instead punishes. No tickets less driving and our cost just rose over $100 dollars in 6 months. Must be to pay for all those stupid commercials they keep putting out to lie to people.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2023

My car was hit by a person insured by Progressive. Initially, they were very nice. My van is modified with a lift to allow my husband's wheelchair to be stored in the van. I did not ask for a modified vehicle rental, as the repair was going to be just for a few day and we didn't have anywhere he needed to go, so I agreed to the standard car rental. When I arrived with my car at the garage, not only was the rental not approved, they then quibbled over the $10/day difference in cost of the rental. I don't care if it was $100/day. It was me who was hit, it was me who was inconvenienced. It was ridiculous. This was not my insurance. It was over an hour of my time at the garage while they quibbled with the rental company.

I was on the phone with my insurance company when an agreement was finally reached. I have never been so poorly treated by a company. This is unacceptable. They had over a month to quibble over price before my car was able to be taken into the garage. It should not have happened when I was standing there waiting to leave the garage to go to work. Do better.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

I have been a Progressive policyholder since 2014, never had an accident or anything major that would need insurance's assistance. I moved back to New Jersey from Pennsylvania and switched my insurance in August to comply. I have had nothing but problems and zero assistance from Progressive since then for mostly what seems to be your average customer questions. I asked for forms to be sent to be in the mail to me earlier this month- even though I was told they would be posted to my Progressive account. The forms never arrived OR were posted to my account. A follow up call last week revealed that no one sent those forms out or posted them to my account. Then yesterday, I saw that several document were posted to my account however I cannot open them. If I get a window to open, it's the SIGN-ON page for Progressive.

Today, after waiting on-hold with several departments, including underwriting who told me they have NO IDEA why I was transferred to them, the next person I got hung up on me. I still have to call them back since I have not been able to access any documents/forms as of now. I am extremely disappointed with Progressive. I understand their phone operators are people and they are trying to help, but most seem like they couldn't care less or are so quick to let you know you were transferred to the wrong department.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

Don’t let rates fool you. Service is horrible. Signed up on September 11. Started policy and paid agreeing to 94 a month for my boat on recorded line to accept the auto payments. They took next payment out on Oct 11 with no problem. I get an email saying I will be canceled if I don’t make my payment. I call to pay or figure out why they didn’t do as they already had. They told me I now have to pay 358 to keep insurance cause I didn’t sign a payment form that I was never told of. I said, "Send it to me and I’ll pay you and you can do as I authorized you to do so on the phone." Rather than take the payment and continue to do so they refused and said 358 or nothing. If they provide this service over taking your money….imagine how much of a fight you’ll have getting paid. I’ll cancel and find a place that wants their customers and can acknowledge when they are wrong.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

This company lures you in with great rates but once the policy was activated I received multiple letters to reply immediately with information. It took me 2 days over an hour on the phone on wait until finally I got a live person. They are trying to charge me an additional $300 now for having a daughter with Cerebral Palsy that's immobile and wheelchair bound. This is even after signing a waiver that she can't drive. I have never! Had any other insurance do this. Lured me in with a competitive rate and now will be paying more than my previous insurer!! Scam. Don't fall for internet rates!!

Claims Handling

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

We have been with Progressive for several years. No claims. No tickets. We had achieved Diamond Customer status + we bundled our HOI with Progressive. Yet, they keep on raising their premiums and I'm not talking about smaller increments like 2-3%. In the last few years, we have experienced several double digit rate hikes. Now, they want to raise our premium again by 12% from Oct. to Nov. 2023. This is absolutely unacceptable at this point! It's gauging and we have had enough.

So, we aren't talking about increasing monthly premiums a couple of dollars. We're talking about raising rates like $20 or more per month. Moreover, this happens consistently. We got out of Progressive and got something else instead and we're saving a lot of money now. Progressive is horrific with their rate hikes/gauging. What's the point of being "Diamond Customers"? It doesn't really matter. You'll have double digit increases anyway. Shame on Progressive! Shame on you!

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

So I obtained a quote from PI on Oct 12th and waited until the first to set up my new policy. Well I logged in today and I was unable to pay by month now. PI wanted all 4.5k upfront for 6 months. When I called first they said it was a California Rule so I called my Calif Insurance Commisioners office and they clarified it is not CA law. It is Ins company trying to screw us over. It's not fair that we are being forced to pay an astronomical amount for insurance when an alternate option is available. Not fair. I cannot afford 4.5k upfront. I don't think many people can.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

Progressive is one of the Worst Insurance - Charges are high and they Renew the auto policy for 20 to 40% Additional. My first insurance for 524 and they increased to 924 for the renewal. I moved to the other Vendor and I got a very good quote for the same plan around 300. Also they charged 50$ as cancellation penalty to the customer. I never saw any insurance company suck money like this without prior notice and penalize the customer for moving to the other vendor. Such a Horrible Insurance and I recommend nobody to get quote from this company.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

One of the worst insurance experiences. I had started my 6 month premium with them on Jan. 2023. They had charged $760 premium for a 6 month period. And when the 2nd 6 month period was about to start, they had increased the premium amount to $1462 (Almost double the initial amount). The reason that they had stated was obnoxius saying that they did an assessment of the area and the increase was due to 'rate adjustment'. Can't think of a better way to rip off money from the customers. Now that I want to add another vehicle to my existing policy which expires in Feb. 2024, they are giving me a quote for the whole 6 months although the new vehicle will be used only for 4 months of the policy period.

One of the customer care representatives put me on hold for 20 mins and then just hung up on me even after I clearly explained the math. Upon calling them again, they state that no matter when the vehicle was bought or added to the policy they still collect the premium for 6 months. This is the most illogical thing I have ever heard. Absolutely annoying. I don't know what to call this other than a way of literally stealing hard earned money of the customers.

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2023

Very bad customer service, waited a half an hour to discuss my rates. NO HELP. Got a rate 70% less at State Farm....Stay away from PROGRESSIVE. They really were rude and unhelpful. Just one more very dissatisfied customer.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

These people who work there are like robots. They are all program to be rude and unprofessional. The only thing they need to stop the advertisement with the character Flo. They are not like that at all. False advertisement! My mother who is medically incapable of driving anymore due to mental issue by her doctor and DMV removed her license to drive a vehicle. She used to be on my policy when she had no car and not able to drive. Now she has neither so I had removed her from the policy. Somewhere down the line my mother went to church and had a ride with someone on their own car. The owner of that car got into a car accident with my mother. She ended having 9 broken ribs, and my mother nearly died. Nobody is suing anyone then progressive heard of the accident then ask my mother or I about the accident. The adjuster ended talking to was very rude and nasty. Her tone of voice was rigid and impolite. She insisted she paid for the bill.

I told her my mother is not suing anyone. A week later she called and left a message and a few more days later Progressive sent me a message either I added my mother or they will cancel my insurance coverage. I was never a liability for any insurance company. I had never fill a claim or had in accident all of my life. I am 56 years old. When I called them again, One of the agent name John was already train to manhandle me on the phone. Then John began to be loud and combative and said to me he is not going to repeat himself either I added my mother or cancel my coverage in March. I told them since he wanted to manhandle me he can add my mother and charge me more money.

As of this moment I am in the process of trying to search for another insurance company. Insurance company is not watching out for us. We need to keep eye on those politician that's giving them all this power. Just like the way Ron Desantis Governor of Florida gave Florida power light (FPL). How Ron DeSantis helped Florida Power & Light raise electricity rates by $5 billion that causes all Floridians bill to bill 6 folds higher.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Delayed bait and switch. When first signed up, I was given a lower rate than what I had with Geico, but with the same coverage (why I switched). When 6 months came and needed to renew, rate went up $95. Called the company, got transferred to sales department, and they said, well it was an initial e-sign discount, and when you renew, it comes off. Nowhere did I see this when I applied online, or on the paperwork that came with my new insurance cards. Maybe it was really fine print.

When I said, "If the rate doesn't go down, I will drop you," then offered me less coverage. I said, "No, I want the best protection, what I already have now." So they said, "We can't do anything for you." I said, I dropped Geico as their rates kept going up. You guys aren't helping yourself." She had the guts to tell me that the reason Geico is raising their rates is that a lot of people are getting into accidents now and Geico has to pay for their claims. What **. She also told me that a lot of people switch from Geico to Progressive and back again to get better rates with the same coverage, and I could be one of them.

Seriously?!!! What has happened to customer service these days??!! Aren't you supposed to do your best to make the customer stay with you??!! I guess I'm just a number. I will never go with these guys again. And now, if I'm going to get another carrier, I will be calling the customer service line to make sure that what I see online is right. I would advise anyone reading this and wanting to change insurances to do the same. It did sound too good to be true...

I don't have any tickets, violations, or anything on my record, so I deserve a normal rate. I will be taking my business elsewhere... If they keep doing this, I hope they will lose enough customers and get enough bad reviews to either change their practices or go out of business. Not worth your time or effort. Forget all those commercials with Flo where they try to make themselves look good. They're a bunch of scammers. Good riddance!!!!

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

I have a had Progressive for over five years. Without a claim!! My car was hit by another Progressive policy holder. Not even one phone call from anyone at Progressive, and not one item set to me in the mail about the claim. I left 6 messages and two voicemails for Mr. ** and his supervisor Carrie. I took a day off from work to wait for an appraisal and the person never came, only to find out the claim had been switched and no one contacted me with what to do next... They might be cheaper, but the way they treated their own customer when an accident happened is inexcusable. I have secured another, BETTER insurance company. Choose WISELY! Just know that this company isn't what Flo talks about when it comes to being there for their customers.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

The adjuster I got, Brista **, did not explain the process to me or even start my claim when I called her. She said she would call me back. She called me 2 days later at the end of the day. I missed the call and she left a message. I called her back the next day And her VM said she would be out of the office for 10 days. By pressing 0, I was transferred to another member of her team named Brian. He did an awesome job explaining the process and completing my claim so that I could take photos for an estimate. He told me to download the app so I could review my claim and estimate. I got a text that my estimate was ready and said I could access it on the app. I filled in the claim data on the login form to see my estimate and the app showed "uh oh that's not the data we have on file." I entered the same data I gave when I filed the claim.

I called BVB to try to get help logging into the app and now my adjusters phone number doesn't ring it is just dead air. I could no longer press 0 for someone on her team. The automated system would only transfer me to Brista if I entered the claim number. I had to tell the automated line I didn't have my claim number to get to anyone. I finally got to a live human and she told me she couldn't open my claim and I would have to wait 10 days and talk to my adjuster. I explained to her this is not acceptable and I need some help now and she hung up on me. I called back and got a young man who had no problem pulling up my claim and he gave me Brista's supervisor's name and number, Michael **. I left him a message. His voicemail said if message left before 3, I would get a call back on the same day. I got no callback that day or the next day. I left another message and got no callback. I left Michael ** a 3rd message but I missed the call.

The kicker of this whole 5 day waste of time, effort, and frustration is that all I really needed to do is call the body shop, give them the claim number, and make an appointment. FYI- anyone considering driving for Uber be aware that even if you are not at fault and the other driver who is at fault is uninsured or a hit and run, you will have to pay a $2500 deductible out of your pocket. Uber's insurance provides no rental car coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection. Make sure you sign up for the injury and disability uber offers because uber driver is not eligible for workmanship comp or unemployment. Uber and the state of Texas do not have your back. My accident was from a drunk driver running 100mph down central expressway slammed the back of my vehicle. The driver and his passengers got into another vehicle and fled the scene. Not fair.