Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
Liberty Mutual - Auto
2.44/5

Liberty Mutual - Auto

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Mutual offers competitively priced car insurance products along with special coverage options and discounts. Happy customers appreciate how easy it is to switch to Liberty Mutual from another provider. The company has an easy online platform to get a quote and sign up for a new policy.

PROS

• Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement
  • RightTrack encourages good driving behavior
  • Well-established company with 100+ years of insurance experience
  • User-friendly website
  • Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund helps you save up for your deductible

CONS

• Some customers experienced an increase in rates
  • Discounts not available in all states

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

1274 Liberty Mutual - Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Do not use the track app. It is misleading. Tells you you are getting a discount and in the end asks you to pay. The customer service is lacking. When I told them their Liberty track app was misleading, they just told me that it was true and that they made it that way to make money. Try a different insurance.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I was a five year customer of Liberty Mutual and they had all my insurance from an umbrella down through multiple autos. They are a good company, but NOT competitive! Every year, they raised my rates with no claims?! This year I received my auto insurance bill for three cars and a trailer, and it increased nearly $1,100! This is for cars that are a year older and two drivers that are accident and ticket free. I shopped for insurance and was able to cut their rate in half! Very troubling that Liberty Mutual gouges their loyal customers. I brought this issue to the CEO’s office of Liberty Mutual and it fell on deaf ears. Seems like their priority is giving a low rate to a new customer and gouging you thereafter. They spend way too much on television advertising and fail to take care of loyal customers!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

On March 7, 2019 my 2017 Chevy truck was legally parked when it was struck by a U-Haul truck that was being driven by a person who has Liberty Mutual Insurance. My vehicle has 20,000 miles on it with no prior damage. The driver of the U-Haul fled the scene and was immediately stopped and arrested. Liberty Mutual Insurance accepted LIABILITY for the accident. I got estimates from my body shop for ORIGINAL GM (OEM) parts to be replaced. Now Liberty Mutual Insurance Company will not fix my vehicle with OEM parts but with aftermarket parts. Saving them about 350.00. Now I have to go to my own insurance company who said they will replace damaged parts with OEM parts. Just wanted everyone to know this. I have vowed to put this all over social media. This post will probably cost Liberty Mutual Insurance Company more in future sales than it would have cost them to properly fix my vehicle.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased insurance last year and was given a good rate 7 even. Had my car fitted with a device for three months and received an additional discount. My credit is excellent. After a year they raised my rates 30%. I am an excellent driver. Bait & switch!

Original review: March 11, 2019

One of Liberty Mutual's insured car drivers failed to yield to my car crushing both my passenger doors. Once I got the police report I called to file a claim. I had to be assigned a claims representative, which was pointless because she hasn't done anything to help. Once I reached her she informed me Liberty Mutual had to investigate the accident. What was there to investigate? The police stated their driver failed to yield, which was true, and even gave him a citation for it. The claims representative informed me the police do not know anything. What? They actually saw the damage to my car and their insured drivers car.

The claims representative is in Florida, I live in Georgia. They give you the run around. They finally fixed my car and I am currently fighting with them for diminished value. The claims representative cannot help me with that, it's a different department. Again why did I get assigned a claims representative? To stall and delay the claims process. Oh, they are trying to deny diminished value. Guess they want to do what their commercials state, only pay for what you want to. That's not how diminished value works. Worst company ever. If I could have given them a zero star I would have, because that's what they deserve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: March 9, 2019

My vehicle was stolen from a store last year in June. 9 months later I still have not had my car fixed or returned! Their only concern has been invading my privacy requesting financial documents and having me submit to interviews under oath by their hired attorney! I have been treated with blatant disrespect as if I was a suspect in the theft of my vehicle. I submitted documents being more than enough cooperative to their attorney during the interview which I shouldnt have had to even go through to begin with and was then again asked by their s.i.u. to submit copies of the same documents! I am a music artist that made six digits last year and my prize possession was stolen, ultimately they made a bad experience worse.

Now yesterday I reached out seeming that I havent heard from them in a while and they say that they've closed the investigation and will be paying a settlement. Then stated that there was no customization form so they are only willing to pay what "they" appraised my vehicle worth. Smdh. Not what my policy said the full value of my car is (actually including my customizations)! This has been the most absolute worst experience ever!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I took an Auto Insurance cum Renters Insurance policy from Liberty Mutual and spent hours of time in the phone call to clearly understand the coverage and deductible details. After a great telephonic experience with the officer, I gave my credit card details to get charged for my policy. The problem started from here. First, the policy premium amount told to me is $623 for six months towards both Auto and Renters insurance, but they charged $641. I have received an email to sign the policy. When I register in Liberty Mutual and view the policy, to my surprise the coverage discussed is not provided. The uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage have been removed from my policy.

In addition to that, they have raised the premium and also added towing amount in the policy which was never communicated. When I saw my renters policy, the deductible amount which I opted was $250 but it was showing as $500. I called up Liberty Mutual customer care service and they keep transferring to one another officer to handle the case and it finally went to senior account executive Robert. When I put forth this case and explain the mismatch in the policy coverage and premium amount shown in the paper with the quote, he said the premium would still go up if I add uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage.

That was a disgusting experience for me to hear after spending hours of discussion with Liberty Mutual representative and paying for the policy and eventually canceled the policy with immediate effect. I don't know how on earth their insurance underwriters cancel something which was on the quote (that was provided by their representatives) and still charges more premium? I certainly don't recommend anybody to waste their valuable time in spending hours of discussion and get fooled.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I was rear ended by a guy who is insured by Liberty Mutual, I had twin 6 month old babies in my van. I was honest, none of us were hurt but from day one it has been a nightmare dealing with Liberty Mutual, losing time from work and hours and hours on the phone dealing with trying to get my vehicle repaired. Here's what people should know, outgoing calls are NOT recorded and the staff CLEARLY know it and are rude, obnoxious and say things that are not true. There was not ONE dealership listed for repairs, only small garages.

In the state of Massachusetts, any vehicle that has more than 20,000 miles they will only put on salvaged parts, not new!!! Your insurance company doesn't tell you that. I had a claims rep tell me that they would not pay for the rental until the dealership had the parts they would need in stock. The estimate done by their adjuster was $1800, the actual cost was $3200, almost double so how could they have the parts in stock without me dropping off the car for the dealership to evaluate what I needed. If I hadn't challenged them I would have been catching the bus with twin babies! My car was shaking after the accident and they refused to pay to see why, stating it was not because of the accident, even though no one from service had looked at the van or taken it for a test drive. I had to agree to pay for the evaluation, it was found that my wheels were unbalanced, the cost $79.95!

When the guy rear ended me, we were stopped at a red light and not moving and I had my foot on the break and my van took the whole impact of the accident or he would have rammed me into the car in front and we would all have had whiplash at a minimum. They refused to pay the $79.95 for the rebalancing of my wheels, even though my van wasn't shaking prior to the accident and I had had a full service and an alignment done 11/3/18. So on principle I am going to now sue the guy who hit me in small claims court for not only for the $79.95, my lost time from work and the hours spent on the phone getting this taken care of. I dealt with people from the Westborough, MA office.

I'm going to spare them the embarrassment of naming them, it's enough to say that this office and its employees know there is no accountability for their actions, even managers don't return calls, have their secretaries return calls, who then promise to get back to you and don't or managers who clearly are not doing their job and then attack when confronted. I've called adjusters at 3pm asking for a call back and only got called at 10am the next day, probably took off early and came in late, while I wait by the phone, so I can get my vehicle made whole.

To conclude, if you are hit by someone who is insured by Liberty Mutual, you need to fight, fight, fight, get the name of their manager and if they don't respond go above to their manager. If you are insured you may want to rethink how this company treats people. Accidents are called accidents because there is no intent when it happens but there is certainly intent when you have to deal with this company and it is to pay out as little as possible and do the minimum. Thank God I have Travelers, they are amazing, never had an issue and when they say they will call you back they do! Today is 2/28/19 still don't have my vehicle back!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I was rear ended at at stop light from a customer of Liberty Mutual. They were not looking up and when they attempted to stop they went into another lane and rubbed my right passenger side panel leave an mark about 6 inches long. I called police and report was filed. Police report reflects damage. Liberty Mutual customer denies they hit me since no damage shows on the front of their car. I explained time and time again that I have damage to my car and the police report reflects this. They do not care, rep was rude, unprofessional and was bothered by the fact that I would submit a claim. I am unsure how a rear ended accident results in no fault of their client? I would never recommend a company that treats others who are not insured with them this way!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Auto accident in December 2018, I wasn’t at fault. Liable person was from Canada. Liberty Mutual did not communicate with us, work for us with her insurance. The whole process has been stressful and unnecessary. As I client of Liberty Mutual I was tossed aside and not helped. I can’t wait to switch to another company. I would not recommend Liberty Mutual to anyone. They do not have their clients best interest at heart. We are just a name and treated as such. No personal customer service. I am sad and surprised since Geico was nothing like that. I would gladly pay a little more, to receive competent and caring treatment. Liberty Mutual is costing us in this accident because of the misinformation we were given by assigned claim adjuster. I wish I had looked up these reviews prior to going with Liberty Mutual.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

After 4 years with Liberty Mutual, we cancelled them when we realised our insurance cost increased by over 70% in 2 years. After we cancelled them, LIberty Mutual started now attacking my e-mail site by sending mass e-mails from sources we cannot block. Liberty Mutual is a vindictive company and the worst insurance company on this planet.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I spent over 30k dollars for my auto insurance. Liberty Mutual refused to pay for a several hundred dollars pumper. Melissa **, the women who handled the case, she was rude and won't call back to solve the issue. Go somewhere else where value paying customers.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

In June of 2018 I paid in full for two cars. Later in the month my ex wife also signed with Liberty Mutual Insurance and she paid for only six months. The problem is that she wanted separate policy since she had a different address. But she was added to the existent policy which belong to me. When the six months expired she called to move her car to her own policy separate from mine. She was told that it was not possible and she ended up taking off her car out of the policy. By this time is January which is a few month over the six months that she paid.

Now I get billed for that portion when I already paid for the full year. I called them and argued with them that I shouldn't be responsible for that. I told them, "Bill her not me." Well I argued enough that I decided to cancel the policy, and when they calculated my refund it was going to be the small amount of $159 which was suppose to go to me. But to insult me even more, they refunded the money to my ex-wife credit card. They claim that it was done like that because her credit card was the last credit card used to make a payment. In other words I got cheated with six months of coverage for my vehicles. This is a total nightmare for anyone in a similar situation. Chose wisely and stay away from Liberty Mutual.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We have been LM customers for just a few years. Every year, when the premium is up for renewing LM will (almost) double the amount they want us to pay for the same policy. When we call to complain it will take about 20 minutes to get that premium reduced to where it gets much closer to the old premium. If you don't sign that new deal they will charge you the inflated premium. They will bombard you with bogus excuses. Contact your state's department of insurance and finances to complain about this. We got all our money back.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I would not recommend Liberty Mutual. Not one person gave me the same facts. Not one representative could find our mileage form in their computer. It was always a 24-48 hour turn around...over and over. When asking for a supervisor it was again 24-48 hours!!! They are anti veteran. They don’t care if you served our country. They are selfish and soulless just like all the rest of the insurance companies. Just low down dirty cheaters who financially exploit seniors.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I receive at least 10 emails a day from this company trying to sell me insurance. I checked a few and they are all valid as the link takes me to Liberty Mutual. No other insurer blitzes me with emails. I wouldn't use Liberty if it was free.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have been a Liberty Mutual customer since 1997 with auto and home coverage. In my incident I traveled on the Interstate very early one morning. It was still dark. Several vehicles including mine, tried unsuccessfully, to avoid debris on the roadway. I called Liberty Mutual to advise of the damage. The agent told me this would fall under my comprehensive coverage and would be taken care of. I was transferred to a claims adjuster who told me that the incident fell under my collision coverage and would cause a point to be added to my policy and a significant increase to my premium. I was shocked, disappointed and angered.

I had not had a report of a collision since my coverage began. I had two reported "Sand-damage" claims since I started my policies. I asked just how long a customer had to go incident-free before they could receive a repair service without being penalized?? An agent told me that "This is just the way insurance works." That answer did not help things. The agent then stated that it was very easy to go "From Wonderful to Terrible with one incident." I used to be very boastful and proud to tell others that I had great insurance coverage with a company that actually cared about their customers. WRONG! I am no longer a believer that there is an insurance company that values a customer's loyalty and the fact that a customer values their insurer enough not to make frivolous claims. I ask these questions to any and all who will read this? WHAT IS THE TRUE PURPOSE OF INSURANCE?? It seems that it is simply a money-making machine!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

So we are all aware of the commercials this company airs. I mean they are over aired. One particular gentleman can be seen throwing his wallet in the water. Mid as well since that’s what’s you'll be doing if you insure through them. I was quoted $435 a month for full coverage on a 2019 Honda Civic SI. Seriously. That’s more than the car payment would be. I obviously decided to get two more quotes. The 2nd quote was $303 per month with same amount of coverage. The 3rd and final quote was $186 per month with the same amount of coverage as the first two were.

As annoying as I find “Flo”, it’s a no brainer who I’m going with for insurance. It’s boggles my mind how insurance companies get away with overcharging people. My driving record is perfect. No points, no accidents that I’ve ever been responsible for either. The outrageous amount of money this company quoted me is FUBARE’D. I just can’t with good faith ever recommend this company to anyone. Furthermore I just don’t get how they are still in business. Oh wait, 100 yrs of ripping consumers off is how!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

For 36 days I've been waiting for compensation for an accident that happened Jan.12, 2019. A car driven by a client of Liberty Mutual went through a red light and collided with my Jeep causing heavy damage. So far I've only been told that I am responsible for 20% of the damages because I didn't avoid his car!!! If I don't agree they will shelve the claim for the time being. His car (a 2017 Infinity) was ticketed and there are multiple witnesses I don't understand! Beware of this so-called insurance company! Friends tell me to seek a lawyer. I guess I must; I'm without a car in the middle of a New Jersey winter.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Extremely upset with how our auto accident claim was handled and basically thrown out by Liberty Mutual with no basis. Their insured ran into my son as he was turning right, and they said my son should have evaded the other car so he's partially at fault, so they're closing the claim and taking no responsibility. They also lied about what was in the police report. They're saying that the police officer and their driver both said my son didn't have his headlights on. That is not what is in the police report. Their driver lied and told Liberty Mutual that my son didn't have his headlights on. In the police report, it says that their driver told the police officer that his headlights weren't on. It doesn't say the police officer said his lights weren't on. I plan to argue my case with them further.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Liberty Mutual recently emailed us and indicated our rate would increase by $80 dollars this year. There was no explanation provided. Once we contacted customer service they indicated it was a planned increase for everyone. We asked if they could provide a better price or discount and they would not. Not satisfied with Liberty Mutual's motives for the unexplained premium increase we checked with other companies and received a quote for $324 less annually. There is hope! I encourage you to seek a better value for insurance than settle for Liberty Mutual.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I receive numerous spam emails advertising this company every day. Avoid them at all costs and use a reputable company instead. Why would a company you can trust feel the need to send out spam emails? The unsubscribe link does not work in their emails.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Liberty Mutual does not practice the good customer service that is portrayed on TV. I recently signed up with an automobile insurance policy. The representative took all my information and gave me billing information. When I called to add on my new car I spoke to another representative who gave me same billing due date. The next day I get an email from Liberty Mutual saying my policy will be cancelled if not paid next week. Billing date was 28th not 15th. When speaking to another representative she replied, "Oh, you had a previous balance from 2017... We are in 2019 so we added that on and you have to pay by next week..." What a ripoff company! No bills from 2017. Nobody told me when speaking on phone, received via email.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

30 days since accident, cannot get claims adjuster or adjuster's supervisor to call back or work on the claim. We are stuck with no vehicle, and no answers. We have attempted to contact the supervisor's supervisor and we cannot get a contact number. There is no point having insurance with this company. Avoid this company!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Beware of this provider - they are seditious and untrustworthy. Almost everyone with whom I've been able to speak has been understanding and delightful, and agrees with me that our claim should be paid. Unfortunately some Customer Service Supervisor named Danielle, hiding behind the veil of corporate bureaucracy, decided that I'm both lying about never receiving their emails and am so stupid that I would purchase insurance, switch from Geico to Liberty Mutual, and not care if they didn't cover me.

I'm currently unemployed, having been laid off twice in the past year by companies that seemed stable but got acquired by new Investors who subsequently dissolved my department. Liberty Mutual is a multi-billion-dollar company who secretly stripped me of my coverage and is now leaving me on the hook for almost $15k. I never understood the whole “pain and suffering” aspect of lawsuits until now, but this has me very upset – and my chest still hurts from the seat belt crushing it 9 days ago.

Here's what happened: I got in a car accident 9 days ago when it was raining slush on the Jersey Turnpike. One of us hydroplaned and I hit a woman from behind, so I'm technically at fault, though the cop was so reasonable and understanding that he gave me the lightest ticket (no points) that he could, because he realized it was the kind of accident that's unavoidable when it occurs.

I called the claim in from the cab of the tow truck about an hour later, after EMTs gave me and the woman clear bills of health. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) with whom I spoke then informed me - for the first time - that I didn't have collision or comprehensive coverage on my leased vehicle. Since it was leased from Hyundai Motor Finance, that makes me personally liable for the full remaining value of the car = $14,975+, instead of just my $1k deductible, which is that for which I should be accountable. Apparently Liberty Mutual wanted me to send them pictures of the car - a NY State requirement, they say, called a photographic inspection. Of course had I known it was required I would have provided it. I never encountered that before - I only moved to NY State this year.

They claimed to have sent 4 letters to my home - none of which were received. When I asked for copies they weren't able to send any. They only sent a copy of my original contract and a copy of the notice indicating that they were stripping me of my coverage - which was addressed to Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF), not me - and which HMF never received either. Had they received anything on my behalf from Liberty Mutual it would have gone into my file and they still had Geico as my insurer so they never received anything either.

My adjuster filed a dispute on my behalf and recommended that they pay it. I got in touch with a Supervisor in Customer Service who identified a typo in my address in their records, and agreed that I have a strong case and they would likely cover me. Sadly I just found out that despite recommendations to pay by my adjuster and his manager, when it rose through the ranks to Supervisor Danielle in Customer Service she denied it on the grounds that at some point they asked me for me correspondence preferences and apparently I said email.

I never received any emails either, of course, so there's currently a request that's been sent by my adjuster - whom they saddle with the burden of informing me of this denial so that Danielle can hide comfortably behind the morass of Liberty Mutual's corporate bureaucracy - asking for copies of those emails. My best guesses are either that they were never sent, or if they were that they were sent from a funky domain and went to spam (as opposed to all of the other unrelated correspondence we get from Liberty Mutual) in which case Gmail would have deleted them after 30 days.

Regardless, the bottom line is that if I had any idea that my coverage was in jeopardy at any point, I would have immediately remedied it. Why would I switch from Geico to Liberty Mutual and buy new insurance and then ignore messages telling me that what I just bought wasn't in effect, wouldn't be valid, and that I wasn't getting what I asked for or was paying for?

I'm neither a liar, nor would I have ignored messages telling me to take action to protect my coverage. What I find outrageous is that I only discovered all of this activity after the car got totaled and had the claim to file. Moreover so since I have 3 policies with this provider, including two homeowner policies in addition to my auto one. Needless to say they won’t be keeping them much longer if I’m not given some very quick relief.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have been with Liberty Mutual since 1991. I have always had multi cars on the insurance. Well my daughter was in an accident and the experience and treatment I have received is unspeakable. Nathan and Melissa are the worst to work with. They treat you like they are doing you a favor. Hello... I have not had many accidents in the last 29 years. I have called several times in regards to see when I will be seeing my deductible returned and no calls back and no up to date information. I am busy and don't have the time to do their job too! The claims department needs some serious training on how to treat loyal customers!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had Liberty Mutual for a year. I finally had enough. I had a multicar policy, I was paying $269.54 for full coverage for both cars. I actually liked the fact if I need to change my due date according to when my checks were deposited I could. I didn't have an issue with them until the end of the policy. The second car wasn't running so we were paying insurance for a car that was just well screwed mechanically. I took the non running car off the insurance payments went to $239.20. That wasn't gonna happen so I paid the last payment due on the policy. They tried to auto renew which I told them I didn't want.

I switched insurance companies. I was told when I canceled the policy I would only have to pay $16 bucks. I was perfectly fine with it. They never took the 16 bucks out of my account which I just figured I overlooked it. I went to Geico. I now pay $122 for one car for full coverage. Well my check was deposited which of course I have multiple bills coming out of my check. Liberty decided to charge my account $162.75. I called and was told it wasn't $16 dollars to cancel the auto renew. It was $162. I fought with them for 20 minutes about it. Got absolutely nowhere with it.

So now I have to figure out how I'm gonna buy food for my house since they decided to take that much. They completely screwed me over. Oh well when I thought about it I still saved money even since they took the $162 out I'm still gonna be paying less for my Insurance this month with what they took and my own insurance now. They offer all these things to "Help" lower the bill bull-honky. they will do anything they can to get more money out of you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have been a Liberty Mutual customer for several years. I recently bought a new car and called them to get a quote, and it ended up being an INSANE amount of money ($6k/year). I filled out paperwork but never confirmed that I was purchasing this insurance plan. I got quotes from a few others and ended up going with Progressive ($1.5k/year). Liberty Mutual then sent me several emails asking me to finalize my quote, which I ignored. "Action Needed: Sign now to finalize your new policy," on 11/18/18 and 11/24/18. I never signed.

Then I started getting bills from them. I called, very angry. I argued, I insisted that my service be canceled and that I reimbursed. I provided proof that I was insured by Progressive. The customer service agent seemed helpful. Today I just got another bill. Apparently my account is still active. I get to spend another hour on the phone with these crooks. I'm considering getting a lawyer. This insurance company is a complete scam who is looking to profit off of people who are too busy/lazy/disorganized to STAY ON TOP OF THEM.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We lost 250.000 on loss of use of equipment. We had to wait 2 years to sue them. Off to the appellate court. They used the excuse “any act of a governmental agency is not covered”. Think that over. Any government action don’t care what or who harmed you. They refuse to pay a fireman policeman water meter man. No matter what they do legal or not you're not getting paid. Read your policy. Over 50 percent of the country are government employees.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Renewing my policy and signing up for RightTrack (RT) was an absolute scam. My agent promised me a discount up to 30% off my premium if I were an excellent driver thru RT. This isn’t a self righteous claim, but I know I am an excellent driver. The amount I’d save kept going up until I went on vacation for a week. During that time I didn’t drive my car. When I got back, the amount I’d save dropped a whole $30. It took me one whole month to earn $30 by itself! Since then, the rate keeps going down, despite careful driving. The only incident I’d have is hard braking because I live in the middle of a city and that’s just what happens. Do not fall for RT.

Liberty Mutual expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.

• Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.

• Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual - Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.

• Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.

• Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.

• Best for: New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky