Liberty Mutual - Auto

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband and I had 3 cars insured by Safeco/LM and one of them, my 08 Accord was deemed totaled after my wreck. I didn't have a problem with that as I spoke with the mechanic at the body shop and he encouraged me to just have them take it away but also told me to get a certain amount from LM for it. Before I even had a conversation with a claims rep regarding price, LM just mails you an agreement that gives you the dollar amount they are willing to give to you for your totaled car. This amount comes with no market research whatsoever. They just hope that you take their low-ball number and walk away from your car. So my fight began.

I went through 2 claims reps before I actually got to speak to a "total damage claim rep" and she never answered my actual calls, just emails. So I emailed this gal saying that I wasn't going to accept the $6600 they wanted to give me. I could not go down the street and purchase my exact same Accord with the exact same features for $6,600. So I told her that their price was unacceptable and that I wanted to see their market research of how they were pricing Accords in the Columbus, OH market.

It wasn't until I demanded to see this research that they actually mailed to me another Agreement with another new higher price they were willing to give me, $7200. Now where they made another mistake was that they sent me 12 Accords priced in my city but they only highlighted the 3 lowest priced ones. I simply added all 12 prices up and divided that by 12 and it was an average of $8200. Once I presented this to my new claims rep, she stopped responding to me altogether. So I then had to go back to one of my original 2 claims reps and get this gal's manager's phone number. After having an interesting conversation with him to say the least, I had another Agreement/Contract in the mail with now my new price offer of $8400 which is exactly what my car was worth after my driving it for a year.

The bottom line is, no customer should be treated like this and given the runaround but these insurance companies just want to give you a low-ball price for your totaled car and hope that you don't push back in any way. So my advice to all consumers out there, don't accept these b.s. low-balled prices and start pushing back by telling these claims reps that it's unacceptable and that they need to provide you with all the market research on cars in your area and then start negotiating. Keep asking to speak to their manager if you have to and keep fighting the good fight. In the end, after I received my final claims check for $1,800 more than what they wanted to give me at the beginning of this process, we canceled our 3 car policies with LM and ended up going with Erie Insurance and saving $950/year... Seriously!

I've been a Liberty Mutual customer since 1998. My 23 year old son just bought a car and went on his own insurance with Liberty Mutual. Liberty charged him over $300/month for a $1000 deductible. He shopped around and was able to go to GEICO for $50/month with a $500 deductible. This prompted me to call GEICO to check our family rates.

I got the exact same coverage at GEICO and I saved $107/month. This netted in a $4282 savings per year for our family! Then when I called Liberty to cxl, they said I had to pay $181 short rate penalty for cxling 30 days after renewal. I called GEICO to see if they would cover and they said they couldn't BUT you can cxl anytime with GEICO and not get charged a fee to cxl. DO NOT USE LIBERTY - I cringe at HOW MUCH MONEY I have needlessly spent since 1998 with them. Ugh!

I was given one quote on August 20th of 2017. The rep never mentioned anything about RightTrack. Today, I receive a letter providing a new premium because I did not enroll in RightTrack. I should have been given 2 quotes, one with RightTrack, one without. Had this been done I would have not purchased the policy. The addition to the premium makes it higher than the the carrier I left for Liberty. Needless to say I am searching for a new carrier after being a Liberty Mutual customer for 3 weeks. Really unethical.

My wife had her first accident in her life, and it was very minor. A scrape at 5 mph. Liberty Mutual informed us the accident was forgiven due to her safe driving record. When the renewal of my policy was received the rate increased by over $650 per year. I called and spoke to an agent who told me this was caused by an increase in the rate for drivers in New Jersey. I went online and learned there was no increase in Liberty Mutual rates this year in NJ.

I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor, who informed me that the increase was issued so Liberty Mutual could remain solvent and this was shared across all drivers. Again, not true. Each time I spoke to LM, I was given a long winded but untrue explanation of why my rates went up significantly but no attempt was made to lower my rates unless I agreed to a 90 day monitoring of my and my wife's driving, and even then the decrease was insignificant according to the first person I spoke to and then increased by the second. Time to go back to State Farm.

This case been mishandle things they want. The car should've been a total loss. To this day my car sitting in a body shop and haven't been touched or fixed. Now they're saying that at all $10,000 in storage fees. I just don't understand why if the car was never touched on Insurance company been giving me nothing but a
Runaround since day one. Today is 8/30/2017, I've been with loss of use of my vehicle when this vehicle is being used at what time for the car show... All of this been mishandled by the insurance company and the body shop and right now my car still sitting there after all these months. I want to pick up my car many times and I still haven't been able to get it because the body shop is saying that I owe them $10,000 for storage at Riverside Body & Fender Works 221 Valley street

Belleville N.J. 07109. Please how can you help me....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Nice, easy, price is right and service matters to them. Very great rate on cars but not on houses. So use someone else for house and use them for cars. It still comes out a lot cheaper.

I was a satisfied customer for three years. No accidents no tickets. My renewal premium went from $222/month to $277/month for no reason. I called and dealt with three people who could have cared less if I was upset or worse if I left. I called State Farm and got a premium of $159/month. I don't get Liberty's business plan. Cheaper to keep customers than to acquire them.

My 2004 Silverado 2500HD WT truck was totaled on 7/29/17. The estimate stopped at $6917.04 and noted my deduction and the total amount I should have been paid. The estimate did not include all that needed to be repaired. When I received the settlement offer I was shocked to see that I was only being offered "Average Trade-in" value of my vehicle. The settlement was $2,400 dollars less than the estimate. I utilized AutoTrader just as Liberty Mutual does and could not find the vehicles they were using. I did find trucks like mine the more than supported the retail value of the estimate. I have provided those vehicles to LM and asked to speak to a Team Leader to try and work this out.

I have left 2 voicemails on Tuesday and Thursday of last week with a promise that the call would be returned in 1 business day. In Friday I contacted LM and was told an email would be sent to the Team Leader and I would be contacted. To date I have not been contacted by any representative of LM other than the first adjuster. I have also contacted a local licensed estimator on the advice of legal counsel. He stated that the truck's retail value is $7,400. I am not asking for the moon. I want to be treated fairly and honestly and be paid the retail value of my truck.

Apparently Liberty Mutual is in the business of protecting criminals. I was involved in a hit in run by their client. I was able to get the plate number and have pressed criminal charges and filed a claim. It's been almost 2 months. I have done all the work. I got the accident report, pictures of both vehicles with matching damage. Their paint is on my car! They have not called or emailed me once!

Apparently they have to give their insured a chance to respond. Their chance to respond was by stopping when they hit me and providing aid if needed to my 3 small children in the back! One who is only 10 months old! The other 4 and a 3! That's was their chance. They have also apparently had a hard time getting hold of the detective who I have talked to on numerous occasions without a problem! It's a small police department it's really not that hard. Liberty Mutual apparently has a problem of picking up a phone! Protecting Criminals! Their insured is not cooperating with the police! Give me a break!

I received my new policy and had a $50 increase. I contacted them for the reason and was told several separate things increases. The woman explained that my safe driver increased because it was 5 years and the deductible lowered so the premium increased! She then said that the collision also increased. My car is a 2002, I asked how that is possible since even if it was totaled they probably would only pay $3,000. Her explanation was that mechanic charges were the same on a 2002 or a 2017... Really!

I canceled my policy effective Aug 1 which was the renewal date. Got ins from Geico for 1/3 the price. I am now getting a bill from Liberty for 2 mos premium for Aug and Sept for a canceled policy! How is this even legal. They are a ripoff to consumers and need to have someone check on their ethics. I would recommend anyone to check elsewhere.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I would never buy insurance from a company that has such stupid advertising. "You had your car for three years. You named him Brad. You LOVED Brad." Every time that annoying ad comes on the TV I either mute it or switch to a different channel...!! Who on earth names a car, let alone the name BRAD?? LOL. Also, one of my family members had Liberty Mutual, and they had nothing but nightmares with this company after they had an accident which was NOT their fault.

I purchased car and home insurance online on 7/11/17. After going through a lengthy process, I was directed to pay for the auto insurance before paying for the home insurance. When I paid for the auto, I was then told that I didn't meet their guidelines for home insurance. That didn't bother me as much as not being told until after I had paid for the auto, there was ample time for them to inform me. Since I wanted to have the same carrier for both, I called to cancel my auto. I was told that I would not be charged by Meddie (or Maddie, the connection was fuzzy) for my auto.

When I checked with my bank on 7/12/17, I had been charged. I spoke with Morgan on 7/12/17 and was told, "We HAVE to take out the first payment, but since you cancelled, we will hold the money for 14 days, and then will send the refund to your bank." When I asked why: I was told I would not be charged, and why did you take out the payment when I cancelled in less than 5 minutes; I was told, "We HAVE to take out the money, it's the law". I knew there wasn't a law that stated that, but since I was getting nowhere, I hung up the phone and waited for my refund. I received an email on 7/25/17 that my refund was "in progress" and that it would take 5-7 business days (7-9 regular days) for my refund to reach my account. I received another email on 8/1/17, again stating that my refund was "in progress" and would take 5-7 business days (7-9 regular days) for my refund to be credited to my account.

I called and was told that "we have tried 3 times to credit your account, but your bank keeps refusing the transaction". I informed the lady that I had spoken to my bank and that no attempts had been made to credit my account from her company. Her reply was, "We have made 3 attempts and they have been refused. by your bank. You can give me your account number and we can try again. It will take 10-14 business days (14-18 regular days) for the transaction to be completed." I asked why it takes so long for a refund when they can take the money out of my account in less than 5 minutes, to which she replied, "You obviously don't understand all of the work that it takes to refund money."

After some back and forth, I realized that I was getting nowhere and informed her that I was contacting the BBB, my state's AG and Commissioner of Insurance. She then informed me, "Well, you can request a check be mailed to you. It will take 7-10 business days (9-14regular days) for it to reach you." Liberty Mutual has now had my money (I am sure they are making money from interest in some account) for 29 days, and I may not see my refund for another 6 days, if they actually send the check as promised).

I have been a Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Insurance customer for two years. I have been happy with the promptness of their service, especially regarding my auto insurance claims: one major (in January 2016), and one minor (in May 2017). I just had an experience that has turned me off of them forever. I received a call from an unknown number this morning. When I called back, it went to a patient advocacy center, where my advocate informed me I had a past-due medical bill from January 2016. I knew immediately it was from the serious car accident, but was confused why I had not heard anything in 20 months about this bill. My advocate told me that my auto insurance (Liberty Mutual) was not paying the bill due to "not having a claim"... even though I had filed a claim, and my car had needed two weeks in the shop, which LM paid for.

When I called LM, a snotty customer service representative told me that I had only filed a car repair claim, not a personal injury claim. Well, yes, but I was never told those were two separate claims (so much for LM 'walking you through the process'), and the ER doctor had told me I just had bruising and muscle strain... certainly nothing severe enough to report on its own! So, instead of contacting me through the online portal, email, or phone number about this, LM just kept denying to pay my hospital bill.

I had no idea this was going on, given that the hospital was billing LM directly. Instead of using common sense (hmm, an ER visit the day after a highway car accident... probably linked), or even due diligence (a repeated bill... maybe we should contact the customer), LM used this obscurity to try and weasel out of paying a bill that is their responsibility. After all---what do I pay my auto insurance premium for every month, if not this exact scenario?? I am so disappointed at their underhanded tactics and disregard for their customers (what if this affected my credit score? Or I became liable for a very, very over-due bill in the future?) that I will be canceling my insurance with them immediately and finding an honest company to insure me.

I was in a wreck a month ago and am still awaiting approval from Liberty Mutual claims department. I've had 3 different claims representatives. I've submitted the information they've requested several times. They don't answer my emails and when I talk to my representative they aren't keeping the deadlines they tell me. They've been very friendly to talk to but am tired of BS they keep telling me.

Policy wrote under false pretenses. I was informed when I signed up that Liberty Mutual covered part of Ridesharing that was truly not covered. I found out about this almost a year later, and I am quite upset that I was told that I was covered. I also had a rock chip repaired, and authorized before the work was done by Liberty Mutual. The work was completed. I then received a call from the claims department wanting to come inspect the rock chip repair. What company needs to inspect a $25 repair? How would one fake a repair? Besides these 2 problems, I was very happy with them. But those 2 issues were very big to me.

Company does a bait and switch with their rates. Bundled my homeowners and car insurance policies last year. Premium went from $2,209 to $3,323 on my home. Gave reasons of 1. home increase. 2. older roof. 3. new homeowner discount was taken off. 4. medical premiums have increased (just in case there is a claim on the home. AVOID THIS COMPANY. They increased my auto policy as well but it wasn't worth mentioning compared to the home policy.

In 2016 I started checking out insurance companies and call Liberty Mutual who gave me a fantastic quote. I explain to them my policy with my previous carrier did not expire until September. The man that I talked to was very nice and said that if I gave him a payment in July then he would hold the quote that I had gotten because they fluctuate so I did and in September I gave them a payment of $400 and two weeks later they took another hundred and some dollars out of my account without my permission.

After calling up and getting that straightened out I decided that I would cancel them after a year and this year when I decided to go with another company I called up and cancel my insurance and they informed me that I owed them another $266. It was a rate hike of almost $100 so after talking to the girl on the phone and telling them that I was canceling, she explained to me I still owed them $266 because they were covering me for the month before I had paid. I said well it says my bill is due on the 25th. She said yes but it was generated on the 6th so I've never heard of anything like this. I don't owe them any money and I don't suggest this company to anyone. I have done nothing but make phone calls. Try and speak to somebody that speaks English only when you're changing insurances or getting a quote. I would not recommend them to anyone.

If I could give a negative rating I would. If you want to be sued then use Liberty Mutual for your insurance, otherwise steer clear. I was in an accident 2/2016, a Liberty Mutual driver pulled out in front of me and caused a severe accident that deployed airbags. Neither vehicle could be driven away from the accident. My passenger and I were injured, we went directly to Urgent Care for treatment and we were under the care of a doctor for several months.

Liberty Mutual has been impossible to work with. We are settling the claim, but for far less than a fair amount. It is a one sided settlement, benefiting only Liberty Mutual. It really should be taken to court, but who wants that hassle. They have suggested we were over treated and have been so insulting through the whole process. We were following doctors orders and never sought treatment when we weren't in pain. I will never do business with Liberty Mutual by choice and I am hopeful I will never be forced to do business with them again.

Switched over to Liberty and bundled multi car auto, home and umbrella. First year was fine, even saved a few dollars by participating in the right track auto program where you plug in the device to monitor driving. Received maximum - 30% savings on some vehicles. Well, guess what? Time for renewal, and my rates get jacked sky high! Had no accidents, tickets, or any changes that would/should impact my rates. Called Liberty and they gave the same lame excuse... the cost of doing business in the state of Maryland has increased so we must pass the costs along. I ask why my rates have gone up so high even if that were the case and for them to provide something in writing. That request is denied.

I was told that I need to contact the MD insurance commission and request the rate increase approval. Oh, and even if you do manage to get that information, you won't be able to find a correlation to your rate increase because each customer has different coverage levels. I request to speak to a supervisor, but they gave the same response.

Long story short, the only thing I can think of is these crooks took the driving history data via RighTrack program from the vehicle in which I did NOT receive the full 30% discount for being a PERFECT driver and applied that data to all of my vehicles even though I received the full discount on the other vehicles! As a result, the rate increase wiped out all of the "rate savings" and money they refunded to me from the prior year and basically got that money back and then some by jacking up the rates. Rep claimed that my rates would have been increased DOUBLE had I not received the 30% discount on some cars. I asked them if the HUGE rate increase logically made sense for my account, but the only thing they would say was the costs went up dramatically for all customers in the state, which I know is not true.

Listen, I know you were taught even since you were little to never trust a stranger. I get it... however, please do not give this company your hard earned money or time of day. They will find a way to increase your rates a ton no matter how good of a driver you are, how many policies you have or how many cars you insure. The reviews don't lie and they will continue to increase your rates year over year just because. And guess what? Nobody can stop them because they stay in business with the steady supply of new customers who DON'T do their research first!

If you have money to blow and don't care, by all means give them a try (being sarcastic). If you are like most others, honest, hardworking, trying to pay your bills, then you don't even want to go down this road with Liberty Mutual! Even if the first year works out, do you really want the hassle of researching and switching over multiple policies when they decide to do the old bait and switch? They will jack your rates up no matter what! Please do your research and make a very informed decision before giving this company a try. I WILL BE SWITCHING MY POLICIES OVER TODAY. In fact, I wouldn't do business with them even at the reduced rates over the principal. You have been warned!!!

I filed a auto accident and the adjuster wanted to make changes to my policy and I disagreed and she got very hostile and next thing she started saying I threaten her. All lies and the Police came to my home to arrest me for threats. What the heck. They take monthly payments straight from my account and then all the hassle to file a claim. The other guy has his truck all fixed and painted. All his tools replaced and 9 months later my truck sits in the shop and the police are coming after me and the other guy hit me. Wow. I know am Hispanic and he was ** and am treated like a criminal. Wow and I pay for full coverage of what!!! And this was with Progressive and now I have Liberty and another truck with full coverage. I and this the Adjuster is the same lady from Progressive who is covering my claim and again the Police are coming looking for me. She sent them out because of our disagreement on my claim.

I don't understand. When she received my claim, seen my name, why did she not give my claim to another rep? It's because she has a angry conflict over me. This adjuster refuses to give my claim to anyone else. This is being harassed by an Insurance Adjuster. I am being pinned by this woman who is out of control. I am a family man with a premature newborn due to the accident, and they refuse to help me. When does a Insurance Company have a client arrested??? HELP. HELP. I AM IN FEAR OF MY LIFE AND BEING ARRESTED FOR THIS CRAZY LADY ADJUSTER FOR LIBERTY, just because I disagree with her. We as clients has NO SAY to our claims in a accident.

Beware. These insurance companies use non-company claim departments that are co-contracted and the adjuster are not employees of the insurance companies/freelancers and they call all shots or you will be ARRESTED. You can not express your mind or what you want from your claim. So really check out your insurance company. Make sure the claim adjusters all really work for the company or watch out, you can be her next Victim.

What a joke with Liberty. They count glass coverage, they count when someone else hits you, while you were standing still. Initial quote was 4000.00, then all of a sudden it doubles! Butttt, we can save 30% if we allow insurance company to "monitor" our driving. Liberty is a joke and I am so disappointed in Northwell Health Credit Union. What a farce.

I have a high credit score and I have never caused an auto accident. I left State Farm because their rates in Colorado were going up steeply every year. I assume it is because of their claim payouts due to a lot of homes lost in forest fires, and a lot of hail damage claims. I switched to Liberty Mutual because their rates were almost half of what I was paying to State Farm. Then I got caught in an unethical speed trap in Alamosa, CO. You know, where there are 20 cops pulling everyone over because of a strategically placed 25 mph zone that should be a 45 mph zone. That was insult enough, because you know they are more interested in fattening the municipal treasury than they are in safety.

Then Liberty Mutual used that speeding ticket as an excuse to almost double my auto insurance premium! From $1700 a year for 4 cars to $2990 a year! This should be illegal. I'm sure other insurance carriers are not happy about Liberty Mutual stealing customers by using predatory pricing, knowing that they will find some excuse to jack the premium up by a factor of 2 at some point. I will now carefully read reviews and try to find the best price from an honest insurance company.

Liberty Mutual Insurance is nothing but an advertising scam. I had their insurance and their advertising claims are an outright, deliberate lie. The very thing they constantly are advertising in the excessive and annoying commercials is the EXACT reason why I fired them. Their commercials are outright false advertising claims and they do exactly what they accuse other insurance companies of. They lie and steal money. Save yourself a lot of money and frustration and avoid this insurance company at all costs. They are nothing but a scam!

Liberty Mutual does increase your premium after your first accident. They did it to me. The TV ad is intentionally misleading. It says "For drivers with accident forgiveness" your rate won't rise -- What they don't say is that you pay extra for accident forgiveness and may not even know to look for it. In my case, Liberty Mutual claimed a late inspection sticker qualified as an "accident" justifying the increase. My rate doubled. The rate increase lasted for five years and cost me many thousands of dollars.

If you have an accident already on your record and you are purchasing insurance from a new company, the rate surcharge will follow along, as a sort of "pre-existing condition". Always ask any new company how long they impose the surcharge. Most are 5 years; some three. It's the auto insurance version of medical insurance's "pre-existing condition" penalty that ended with the Affordable Care Act. The smallest accident can earn the insurance company many additional thousands of dollars over what the company pays out on the claim. Congress should outlaw these car insurance rate spiking schemes as well.

My wife and I are moving to South Carolina from Maine. We need to find new auto insurance as our present insurance only is available in several New England states. We have no tickets or at faults on our records. Twice, however, we were rear-ended, with the other parties at fault... not us. This is clearly documented in the Maine DMV reports and in the state police crash reports. We sent both certified documents to a Liberty Mutual agent at his request. I swear the man couldn't read. He insisted that we had been at fault and had received summons.

The documentation was totally clear that that simply was not the case. I called Maine DMV and the State Police crash reports department to see if there had been something I might have missed or perhaps there had been a clerical error. Nope, our record was clear. I called the agent again and pointed out specifically in the reports the data that supported our case. It was like talking to a stone wall… completely absurd and surreal. Totally exasperating! I asked to speak to agent's superior. I was told he was not available, but that he'd have him call me when he was available. Nada.

At a loss for words, I can't help but wonder what the subtext of that communication was all about. So obviously we will not be getting insurance from Liberty Mutual, but I guess it really is a blessing in disguise based on the other complaints I'm reading on this site. Strange, I had always thought they were a reputable company.

In 20 yrs I have not cost Liberty anything on car insurance but religiously they raised rates. This year they said it was because of the high rate of accidents in MD. Something that did not affect pricing of Erie, State Farm, Geico and Hartford. I now have equal or better insurance for home and auto which is less than the cost of auto insurance with Liberty. It seems they have the liberty to charge you for the cost of their advertisements.

I have been a customer of Liberty Mutual for 33 years. I have seen their rates sky rocketed in the last 7 years. I received a bill for a 2014 Toyota Prius of $1933. I have had a perfect driving record with no speeding tickets or accidents. I have changed to Plymouth Rock for the same coverage the premiums of less than $900 per years. I believe Liberty Mutual needs to look at the rates they are charging their customers.

After being associated with Liberty Mutual for over 40 years I was told that I was not able to transfer my policy to Florida and that I had to have it rewritten. Let me mention I have an excellent driving record. Not being able to retain a quote online, or the central office or the next place they transferred me to, they finally sent me to the office in Florida. Each time they asked me for information they already had. After spending time on wait and going through a ridiculous amount of time re-answering the same questions they finally came up with their quote. 6X times more expensive than what I was currently paying. I then went to Geico online and signed up for insurance at $200 less than what I have been paying with added coverage. I guess the commercials are true. Liberty Mutual practices in price gouging, know it.

I am pressed for time, but I just finished my 90 day Right Track program. Please note I have never been in an accident, nor have I had any tickets in all my years of driving. When I signed up for this discount program, the lady at Liberty Mutual said upon successful completion, I will get a 25% discount off my monthly premium for car insurance. I contacted the company twice during the 90 days because the device kept recording episodes of 'rapidly increasing my speed' while I was in my employer's parking lot, at lunch break. Please understand these episodes happened as I backed out of my parking place, then put car into drive and drove forward through employer,s parking lot on way to lunch break. It recorded about 15 occurrences of 0 to 7.5 mph. Any reasonable person would agree 0 to 7.5 is not a rapid acceleration.

As I said, I contacted them twice, and they said the program is voluntary, and did not have a remedy for this device 'glitch'. SO... I declined the 17% discount due to lack of integrity. If anyone is in this program, or will be in this program, here is the secret to tricking this device. When you are not moving and take your foot off brake, tap it about 6 times up to the 10 mph mark on your odometer. Another secret is to not use the gas pedal at all, and allow your vehicles 'idle' to move you along. I wrote the company yesterday via email and will be returning the device this week. I let them know I would share my experience in product reviews. I hope this information will help. I have a V8 engine, I thought perhaps that was the reason for my excessive speed, LOL... 0 to 7.5 is not a rapid acceleration. Try it on your lunch break, and I'm sure you will agree. Some of my co workers believe the device is set up that way so people won't get the better price. I hope these tips help. Thank you for reading my review.

If you are using Liberty for insurance and have been a customer for many years, please check your pricing. I will almost guarantee that they are charges 1.5-2.5x more than equal or better carriers. After calling and inquiring about reducing our rates to stay with them, they could not even have the decency to return my call after 15+ years of service. Check your pricing and shop around. They don't have competitive prices for longer term customers.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.
  • Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.
  • Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual - Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.
  • Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.
  • Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.
  • Best for New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

Compare Auto Insurance