Liberty Mutual - Auto
Compare other quotes now
InsuraMatch - Powering the ConsumerAffairs Insurance Program

Liberty Mutual - Auto

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and 25 other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

806 Liberty Mutual - Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

One of their customers hit my car. Totaled it and they left me without a car for over a month even after they totaled mine. But took mine asap. They care nothing but saving them money. Worthless company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Liberty Mutual (in Massachusetts) charged me $356/mo dollars for coverage that Progressive offered me at $115/mo. When purchasing a new 2018 Ford Explorer I quickly purchased insurance through them without price comparison shopping. Once I found out Progressive offered insurance with better coverage at a fraction of the price, I called Liberty Mutual and canceled before my month was finished. Liberty Mutual then charged me a short-rate fee of $161.68 for this privilege. I called Liberty Mutual to understand this and ask for it to be rescinded and was told by three representatives that there was nothing they could do. Not only is Liberty Mutual grossly overcharging for insurance, but with this kind of business practice I fear what would happen if I actually needed for them to cover any car accident repair fees that I may have encountered.

I asked why I was not informed of the Short-Rate fee during the purchasing of the policy online with my credit card and was told it was revealed in the documents after I executed the purchase. This could have been remedied by a small piece of text at the time of purchase below the "pay now" box that stated if you buy an annual policy, cancelation could result in additional fees. It is obvious Liberty Mutual is a fraudulently organized company whose goal is to extract as much money from the public as the can legally possibly do. Poor business practices like this one are typically repeated in other areas so I would highly advise not choosing Liberty Mutual when it is time to purchase insurance. Again. Progressive charged me $115 a month ($300 collision deductible when Liberty Mutual only offered $500) for an car insurance policy with identical coverage which Liberty Mutual charged me $356/mo.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When I signed up with Liberty Mutual, they offered a competitive rate. I asked them if they raise rates after the first year. Their response was that they don’t do that. After the first year, they raised my rates about 32 percent without any claims filed. I stuck with them for a second year. At the following renewal year, they increased rates another 30 percent. After calling them for an explanation for such a drastic increase, they couldn’t offer one. I immediately dropped them and went with another company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

They are the worst when it comes to customer service. I was owed money for a car rental and spent almost a year to get reimbursed. Called so many claims reps and just got the run around over and over again. I finally just gave up trying to get the reimbursement and canceled all my insurance policies with them because of how they treated me.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently received a mailing from Liberty Mutual to call with the given reference # for a quote guaranteed to save me money...so I did as my rates had been creeping up over the years with Nationwide. Turns out I was redirected to Safeco Insurance (a Liberty Mutual company) but yes they were saving me nearly $500 a year so I switched to them on Jan 16th, paying the first 6 months of my policy up front... I got my required CARCO photo inspection in Amagansett NY on the 26th (according to the Safeco guy I had 14 days by NY law, so I was well within the requirements). Fast forward to today Feb 9th, I receive a snail mail letter composed on Feb 6th that as of Jan 31st they had cancelled my policy for not complying and having the photo inspection done!!! I called FURIOUS, advising the error was on them and their Carco agents' part.

How dare they not send an email or make a phone call that they were about to or had cancelled my insurance. I've been driving around Uninsured for 10 days due to THEIR errors. The snotty nosed little kid that took my call said it was not their fault that I was negligent! It actually took me going to 3 different towns and garages to get the photos complete as their website incorrectly lists authorized places and hours. I'm going to shop around for a new company as I can only imagine the crap customer service and absolute complete nightmare it will be if God forbid I ever did have an accident.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On September 18, Liberty Mutual sold me insurance for my trailer and determined my premium after asking for my valuation of the vehicle. On September 25, I called again to increase the value of my trailer, explaining that I’d forgotten to include the tow package, new tires, and photovoltaic system. My higher valuation was accepted and my premium was increased. After my accident (October 7, 2018), Liberty Mutual claimed the photovoltaic system and tow package ($3,600) on my trailer are not covered as they should have been called a “customization.” They have issued me a denial letter.

Also on September 18, Liberty Mutual sold me insurance for my “contents,” which I described as including many of my worldly possessions, because the trailer is my home. A week later, I increased the value of my contents coverage from $5,000 to $15,000, and they issued an increased bill. After my accident and claim for around $2,000 in losses, Liberty Mutual shocked me with their claim that they don’t offer “contents” coverage - though the agent later emailed that they did. After that agent was replaced by another, I was told their coverage was limited to only $500. They have issued me a denial for this also.

On October 20, I requested by phone and by email a copy of the recording of the sales conversations, and was told many times that it had been requested, by two different agents. Our emails contain numerous exchanges regarding this request. Today, the company says that the recording has been destroyed as it is now over 90 days old.

Liberty Mutual appraisers seem unable to conduct an honest or logical appraisal. My trailer has 8 and 10 upgrades more than the two comparables, and yet the appraiser has assigned only $50 credit on one comparable, and has illogically subtracted $750 from the other comparable, and neither the agent nor the supervisor see anything wrong with it. I have been denied my request to speak to a manager above the manager. And I have asked to have the individual adjustments to the comparables itemized rather than lumped together, but this has also not been produced. Still hoping for fair treatment, but it's been over 4 months!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

After the horrible experience I have been through with Liberty Mutual I highly recommend people to reconsider their insurance if you're looking for coverage. I had gotten into an accident recently, and when I made my claim to them, they completely twisted my words in order to put me on the policy, and furthermore they wanted to bill us for an entire year's worth of insurance all upfront, immediately, or else I couldn't get my car fixed! On top of this when we tried getting the student discount because I dorm away at school, they gave us a very hard time. This is not how you treat your customers who have been with your company for years, and have given you their business. I will definitely be moving on from them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Raised rate from $1300 per year to $3000 per year... lol, and that's after the DISCOUNTS. I paid off my home in 2017, at which time my rate was $1300 per year. I just got my bill and it's $3027.00 per year. Before discounts, my bill is $6000.00 per year. I called to find out why they thought I was stupid, and they said that my county's Fire Protection Rating Code was lowered from a "4" to a "9". That it had nothing to do with having paid off my home. By the way, my home is on 1 acre and is worth well under $200,000.00. So, right after I find another insurance company, I'm going to take this to our county's fire chief, as well as to my state and county representatives. I'll never give Liberty Mutual another dime of my money. Never.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had a vehicle stolen out of my driveway. Finally after 5 weeks Liberty Mutual made a settlement offer. Even though it was not near what I had invested in the vehicle I decided to accept the offer. So they sent a partial check to the lienholder. I inquired about the balance and was told they would not be sending any additional money. That the figure they had given me contained a typo! How absurd is that? I was also informed that the insurance policy was a ACV policy. I have never heard of that. I believe they employ deceptive practices.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I've been with Liberty about 3 years and other than my rates going up every year they've been pretty good. Aren't rates supposed to go down every year? Nevertheless, Liberty Mutual has been great! Great customer service and I had no trouble filing a claim.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I was involved in an accident where a construction truck plowed into my parked car (while I was in it). The truck driver was unlicensed, and his work site supervisor (passenger) provided the insurance info & truck registration. The paperwork ended up being false, and I had to demand the correct insurance info, and did not receive it until a month after the accident.

Here comes Liberty Mutual! The claims agent (Monica **), reviewed the claim and informed she would get in contact with the company owner so we could pay for the damages ($4K) committed by her insured. Over the next 7 months we emailed back and forth, and the claims agent (Ms. Miller) informed she could not contact her insured and ultimately stated that because her insured did not respond they would no longer pursue my claim and dropped my case. That leaves me on the hook for +$4K!

So, next step... I go to small claims and win. I present the court's findings to Ms. ** and Liberty Mutual and she dismissed the claim stating that Liberty Mutual is not named in the court case and will not pay. After back and forth, it's now up to me to hire a collection agency to recoup any money from this company which caused personal damage to my property and left me thousands of dollars in the hole. I have several family members who are senior managers at insurance companies (in other states) and advised how this claims agent and Liberty Mutual responded was in extreme poor practice.

Ms. ** and Liberty Mutual are hiding behind their insured so as to not have to pay the claim, even after a court's ruling. This company (and agent) are dishonest and should not be trusted (unless you are a criminal). I have learned a lot over this ordeal and hope this review may benefit others. Stay away from this dishonest company! Liberty Mutual are fraudulent hacks and will not back up good people put in horrible situations. They will hide behind any loophole they can find in order to save a few bucks. Dishonest and scamming are only two words to describe this company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Was t-boned by Liberty Mutual insured on 12/21/2017. Claims adjuster wasn't sent out until 1/18/2018!!! I had to initiate communication because the claims adjusters assigned to my claim never called me to keep me up to date with the progress of the claim or provide rental coverage. My rental was covered by my insurance company and had ran out after I had it for 26 days! My car ended up being a total loss and I ended up getting a very low offer for the value of my vehicle. I attempted to contest it and show proof of other vehicles in the area with similar values and LM denied my request. This has been the worst company ever and one of the most annoying experiences of my life. I feel as though I was punished for obeying the law and their policy-holder that hit me walked away with minimal responsibility due to the poor service that this insurance company provides.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

A lady purposely turned a moped in front of my wife. Officer charged other lady with failure to signal and unsafe movement. Liberty Mutual said by looking at Google maps they deemed my wife at fault. Now how can google maps tell what officer on scene can't. They finally dropped that. Well year later this lady found a lawyer to take Liberty Mutual to court. We were told she signed all away. Everything was dropped. Well 2 years later insurance steadily going through the roof. Found out they put points on my wife. Called spoke to nice lady who informed it said a no fault that should not be there. The adjuster no longer worked there but the department that handled it would take 2 days and she would call back.

3 days passed so I called back. Spoke with guy that said it didn't say that and some other different things than what the first lady said. Long story short they put me through to management who informed me that the email that their lawyer sent me was wrong. They decided not to go to court and pay this lady. Now this lady was proved to have done this to Time Warner Cable truck and two other people so they paid her. Just so not to go to court. Then it was at their discretion to put points on my insurance even though we not at fault and they didn't want to go to court. How is that my fault? Why do I pay for thieves. That's what this company is. It should be shut down. Don't get your insurance here. You will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Most expensive insurance premiums and horrible customer service. Bought a new car and my insurance premium doubled. I was able to get insurance with another major insurance provider for less premium than what I was paying for my old car with Liberty Mutual. Once I bought the new insurance, Liberty Mutual started harassing me with the cancellation of my policy with Liberty Mutual. Every time I call Liberty Mutual, they give me a new fax number and new e-mail address to send my new policy documents to.

I've tried this 3 times and each time, Liberty Mutual says they did not receive the documents and they give me a new fax number and new e-mail address. Liberty Mutual is also demanding that they receive a 2A form from the new insurance carrier, but it is not required by the state of Massachusetts where I am insured. When I asked Liberty Mutual to give me in writing that the 2A form is mandatory, they said that they will not do that and instead asked me to call the Commissioner of State to verify the information. Come on Liberty Mutual, after 12 years of being your customer, you're just acting very child-like with this sour attitude towards a leaving customer. Stop this nonsense.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My parked car was hit by someone insured by Liberty Mutual three weeks ago. We have both given our statements and are in contact with each other but neither of our insurance adjusters will respond to phone calls or emails. When we do reach them, they tell us that the other one hasn't given their statement which is not true. I have called supervisor after supervisor to try and find out any information without luck. This company purposely delays claims so that don't have to pay money.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This has been the worst company to deal with regarding a claim where their insured hit me. Bad customer service. Incorrect information given during the entire process. No adjusters available to speak to me. Was told the office was closed due to a storm and there was no one else available to speak to me. Adjuster does not return calls. They constantly throw roadblocks in your way to avoid paying the claim and costs related to it. Due to the poor customer service I have received I would never use them for my auto insurance and would not recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Worst customer service I can recall. Liberty Mutual forgot to file required state forms following an accident. I call to verify on multiple occasions and Liberty Mutual continued to tell me it was all taken care of. My son got a letter in the mail saying his license was revoked. We called and they said they forgot to file the paperwork but would get to it in 72 hours. They never followed up and "forgot" to file again. When I called back they said they would file again but it would be another 72 hours. This time they did file but put it under my name and not my son's. I called back and they said they had filed to fix this. We called back in to verify (because they never follow up on the promise to call back). This time they filed to remove mine but still never submitted the paperwork for my son.

I asked to be transferred up to a supervisor and got Chris in resolutions. She was rude and after me asking her to transfer me several times she said there was no one available. I advised that was not acceptable based on the time and damage of the claim already. She called her boss and came back to the phone and said she could not transfer me because there was no one available. I asked to speak to her boss (the one she just talked to) and she said no one was available. She said she could not do anything else and had followed protocol and hung up the phone. Terrible customer service. Some of these people need to find a new line of work. It was Liberty Mutual's mistake and I am sooo sorry for inconveniencing you to ask you to correct your error. What about my time or the fact that this will NEVER come off the states record. It will come up on every driving record and background check for every job interview for my son for life. It is a serious concern.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Hit a deer on a Sunday night. Monday towed to a repair shop for estimate. Never heard anything for a few days so called insurance company. They didn't give me any help. Told me to call dealer that had it so I did. They said they submitted everything insurance company wanted!! Crazy... Called Liberty Mutual AGAIN. They said they would call me soon. Now it's Monday (1 week) since they towed it to dealer. I called AGAIN. NOW THE INSURANCE COMPANY SAID THEY WANT TO TOW CAR OVER 100 MILES AWAY TO GET AN ADJUSTER TO LOOK AT IT!!! WHAT?? So what the heck was it just sitting at the dealer for??? Gave my hubby the phone so he could deal with this terrible company...

He asked them they must have totalled it right?? Finally AFTER TALKING IN CIRCLES LIKE A (POLITICIAN) Liberty said well 99.9% chance. Okay so why didn't they just say this. So anyway if we ever get paid anything it could take??? So glad my house never had a claim. Would take Months. AAA was awesome. Looking into going back to them!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I currently have Liberty Mutual for my business workers compensation insurance. I am absolutely dissatisfied. Business insurance requires a yearly audit. The 3rd party auditor sent me a letter. I sent back an email explaining my accountant would be out of town and a desire to reschedule. No reply. 2nd letter from the 3rd party auditor, I sent back the same email. The 3rd party auditor replied stating we were "not in compliance" and was reporting us to Liberty Mutual as such. I emailed Liberty Mutual at the email address provided. No response. I have emailed them again, same email, and still no response. I am in the process of switching insurance companies due to absolutely horrible customer service. However there is a hold on my company, no other insurance carrier will touch me until the audit (which is understandable) but LIBERTY MUTUAL WON'T REPLY. I would absolutely NOT recommend Liberty Mutual.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have been with Liberty Mutual since 2014. My renewal premiums for my two registered cards was now quoted as 16% over the previous 2017 annual premium. The company also forced me to sign a waiver that explicitly states that as a condition for renewing the insurance I must sign a waiver that states that the premium amount offered by Liberty Mutual exceeds the North Carolina Rate Bureau standard premium. This is the same company that advertises lower rates in television commercials. I'm copying this waiver form to the NC Attorney General as I believe that Liberty Mutual is misleading potential customers and engaging in inappropriate business practices!!! My advice to all of you is stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was in an accident with a UPS truck. The date 12/01/17. The driver was charged for improper backing. I didn't hear from them until 01/04/18. Shobah made me wait until 01/11/18 and she went against the police report and said she would do 75 /25%. This doesn't cover the time and cost of the storage and the claim. They leave you in storage to run the bill up. They thought my Jeep was still in storage. I will post the police report on Facebook. Why would I pay for something I didn't cause.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have been with Liberty Mutual for over ten years and I would like say that they are extremely shady, the worst amount of professionalism I have seen to date, extremely poor customer service and lack of response or care for their customers. I got into an accident where someone rear ended me and it was not my fault. I contacted Liberty insurance and they did not contact me for a week. They then finally responded after I called them. They did not document any of the information that I gave them properly and were extremely unresponsive. The only time they started responding was when I told them that I wanted to close the case and wanted to settle with the other company 50/50 so we could put this to rest. At that point they were now interested and said I could not do that until they approve. It has now been 1 year and the claim is still pending.

I have already paid for the damage and they have done nothing about this till date. The response I still get that is that they will get back to us. We recently had another incident where our car battery died and they told us they would reach us in 20 mins. We waited outside in the cold and no one came. The vendor they selected was extremely rude and unprofessional. We called the vendor and their response was that they were busy. The vendor's next response to us was that they are coming in 20 mins. We were waiting an hour in the cold and they still didn't come.

At that point we told them we would take an Uber and would like to cancel their service; at that point they finally responded and we told them we do not need their service. Our experience with Liberty Mutual has been extremely terrible and we would not recommend this insurance provider to anyone. We have not had any good experiences with them on any end whether it be customer service, professionalism, care towards their customer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have been with this company since 2008. Given them over $150,000 in premiums. Had my first accident. Not my fault. The other driver basically had no insurance so my insurance company needed to pay for my totaled brand new car. The car had less than 2000 miles on it and is less than five months old. Despite buying gap insurance our year newer and better car replacement they are nickel and diming me and trying to screw me over the first replacement. They came back with was for $24,000 on a $36,000 car. They quoted the wrong car wrong model. Wrong everything.

Be very careful what you expect from them. That agent was not only unapologetic then proceeded to call me a liar on the options that my car had. We are still fighting over two months later. I had to continue paying on my car. Claim is still not settled. This is the most horrific experience of my life. I have not had an accident in 18 years of being insured with them! Beware. Do not believe this nonsense commercials. Nothing they say is true.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I usually don’t write reviews like this but I waited 4 hours for roadside assistance and am still waiting. After not hearing on the status of the assistance after an hour, I called to check up on it to find out that the request wasn’t processed. Then after receiving word that a truck was on the way, it never showed up. So I called the tow company provided to find out it was redispatched. So I called Liberty Mutual again and they didn’t even know the truck was redispatched. So after setting up another towing truck I got another call letting me know it could be another 6 hour wait due to in climate weather. I know it’s 5 degrees outside, but it shouldn’t take 10 hours to get assistance.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

They dropped my mother's car insurance without notifying her. She only knew she was dropped when the monthly payment was not automatically withdrawn from her account. My mom got absolutely no help from customer service. Their reason was an accident and a ticket that occurred two years prior. She was with them for 15 years. She has insurance with another company but still may have to pay a fine with the DMV because the insurance lapsed more than 20 days because she was never notified.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone nor will I ever support them. I opened a policy in September under my own name. When they sent the forms to imitate the policy, they sent them to my moms email which wasn’t checked until about a week after they were emailed. Why they were sent there? I don't know because her name wasn’t on the policy nor was any of her information. Luckily I got the forms signed and sent back on time. However, not so lucky because the forms weren’t filed in the right place. I received an email at the end of September saying my policy would be canceled if I didn’t send in the forms. I called and spoke to someone explaining that I did send in the forms and the lady was able to find them and apologized that they weren’t in the right file so the proper team was never notified. Okay fine.

Mid October comes and I get another email saying my policy will be canceled in 30 days due to MISSING forms in my policy. Funny because the last lady said she was fixing it. Called again - same ** happened - "Oh found the forms, sorry ma’am". This happened two other times. Meaning I resubmitted these forms FOUR times. HOW DOES THE COMPANY MESS IT UP LIKE THAT?? I just received a call today saying I have not been covered for over a month and that I owe money... Excuse me. They canceled my policy because they messed up, without me knowing and had the nerve to charge me a fee!? To top it all off, I go fine send me a new quote cause clearly I need insurance. The guy this time sends me a quote with my name on it and my two sisters names on it that were NEVER on my account. Unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My husband was rear-ended. Because of this accident he suffered a stroke and we didn't know his eyesight was affected when he signed the car off. They did tell us we had a guarantee. Went through our auto and house insurer Liberty for someone to service the car. Service King, the worst ever, claimed to fix our car. There are still dents where they pulled the door out, the jack has parts missing, the plastic part of the rear door is pulling away from the metal and the bumpers no longer align correctly.

We have had numerous repairs over the last year on the engine, close to $5000.00, not quite the same as it was, we think the frame is bent and told them so and they claimed it was because the previous work on the car was incomplete. Of course no one told us that until after the car was repaired and if they were tell the truth why didn't they contact us and tell us that. All this time we were calling Liberty and at first they seem like they were going to help. That wasn't the case, they just stopped responding to our phone calls and emails. I do have email address of the people we tried contacting. I also have a policy number and the Service King we used. If I need to I will submit that but honestly felt like I shouldn't on-line. But will if it will help.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Liberty Mutual is the absolute worst when it comes to customer service and their POLICIES. After experiencing lack of communication and rate increases for no reason... I was rear ended last summer and called to see about getting some help going after the guy's insurance... oh noooooo, that was up to me!!! What was I paying for? I have NO IDEA. Who get's a bill showing a zero balance then gets sent to collections? ME! They aren't going to do anything about it either. The reason I cancelled was because of the horrible customer service. HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was hit by someone insured with LM. The man made a left without having right of way to do so. I filed a claim. Sharmila in TX is my claims rep. She continues to say they haven’t spoken to the insured. They keep saying they can’t help me without his statement. I’ve spoken with the man, he’s called. I’ve turned in photos, a police report, and nothing. I call and call and call... she has answered 3 times in a week. Otherwise it goes straight to voicemail. You can’t even ask anyone else because they transfer you to the rep... her voicemail rather.

I’m a single mother, my son goes to school across town. They won’t help with a rental. They haven’t even looked at my vehicle. I’m in a completely different state... how is someone in TEXAS investigating my claim?! She even tried to say I had nothing putting the guy at the scene... I have photos of BOTH vehicles!!!! I emailed her everything! Don’t waste your time, get a lawyer right away! There are trying to scam! She also said if they can’t (convenient) get his statement in 30 days they’ll deny my claim even though he pulled out in front of me! I almost T-boned him! Luckily I was able to slow down enough to only hit his back end but I can’t drive my car whatsoever! So MADDDD!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been with Liberty Mutual since the early 1980's. Liberty carries the insurance on my autos, homeowners, umbrella liability, condo, earthquake and 6 rental fire policies. I have ample experience to draw upon in this review. I don't file a lot of claims, however, I have seen a marked decline in service, responsiveness, claim settlement to my satisfaction, professionalism, etc., the last 10 to 15 years when I have had to file a claim. When I need them, they don't seem to be on my side. This accounts for my continuing and growing dissatisfaction. Year after year I plan to shop around. Inertia and fear of the unknown new company keeps me with them.

It's an OVERALL dissatisfaction but I will attempt to list my major complaints as follows: (1) Unresponsive claims agents, (2) roadside service I pay for, non existent in my town, Malibu, California. (3) Low payments when I have a claim. I must fight for what should be a given, which is time consuming. (4) They raise my mileage and premiums each year without notice. (5) They charged a point, and doubled the premiums, on my husband's auto policy. He had no other tickets or accidents, but for an $1100 claim (caused by him hitting a cement post in his blind spot) they doubled our premium.

(6) One reason I stayed with them was the mistaken information that there was a one point accident forgiveness after 5 years longevity with their company. I found out in a phone conversation with them that this had been deemed illegal years ago in California. How is a consumer to know things like this when they still advertise it in their nationwide ads? There are other reasons for my general dissatisfaction; when it comes to writing of policies, customer service, lack of training for agents, no more personal, local agents, only impersonal phone agents.

Liberty Mutual expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.

• Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.

• Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual - Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.

• Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.

• Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.

• Best for: New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

www.libertymutual.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use