2. Automotive

Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Mutual offers competitively priced car insurance products along with special coverage options and discounts. Happy customers appreciate how easy it is to switch to Liberty Mutual from another provider. The company has an easy online platform to get a quote and sign up for a new policy.

PROS

• RightTrack good driving program
  • Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund helps you save up for your deductible
  • Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement

CONS

• Some customers experienced an increase in rates
  • Discounts not available in all states
Liberty Mutual - Auto Compare Quotes

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual - Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Liberty Mutual actually lowered my rates without any input from me; that is refreshing. My only regret is being under insured but rates are higher with other companies I compared so I guess that's on me. But they are making it more affordable and that's on them. :)

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Customer service can be slow and you have to stay on them to get a claim resolved. Follow up phone call are needed and if you don't your claim can be delayed. Other than that I'm happy with my insurance agent. He gets back to me in a timely manner and is always available to answer my questions.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Excellent customer service and timely response time and action where needed. And the price is right...I have my auto and homeowner's insurance bundled together. With access from my computer or cell phone I'm always able to reach my agent on the spot.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

They do a good job--they process endorsement quickly, advance notice of payments, and if there is storms in our area they asked we have claim to report. Handle claims quickly and follow-up asking if there are any question or repair undone. They are available 24-7 and that is important. We are in our third year with them and will be staying.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I came to be a member of the Liberty Mutual family years ago. I had a previous insurance company that increase my policy due to my wife bad driving whom was on my policy. After learning of the increase I contacted Liberty Mutual and was given a great rate for the family. I have made a claim on my insurance company and they were very helpful in the process and finalizing the process. I feel they truly have done a great job for me.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I used to pay less than $100.00 a month then renewing this year it went up 300%. I called them and this ** hang up on me. No changes and everything like accident. Why is that? I called several times but seems keep trying to raise my premium. I totally don’t get.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I was insured with Liberty and after they kept raising my rates claiming I was in a high rate zip code. I decided to shop around. I ended up finding three other options with lower rates and the same coverage. I had policies for 4 vehicles, home, a quad and side by side that I wanted to cancel. I started my new insurance and filled out paperwork to cancel my policy with Liberty starting the day my new insurance began. No problems right!

Wrong! One month after cancelling my policies with Liberty I saw they were still taking money out for my quad and side by side. I figured it was a mistake and they missed cancelling the policy. I called customer service and explained the situation and they young lady I spoke to told me she put it in for cancellation and I would receive a refund. All good, right?

Nope. The next month same thing, I was billed for the quad and side by side. I called again and spoke to someone in billing who had to research why the policy had a cancellation date of April 25 but I was still getting billed. The agent came back and asked me " Did you know if you cancel this policy mid term you still have to pay for it?". Of course I did not know that so I told him no. Well unfortunately you have to pay the full amount of this policy before it will cancel and there is no refund.

I have gone back through the policy paperwork and nowhere does it say this and the agent did not inform me of it and I do not remember signing anything that states this. My advice is to BEWARE of Liberty Mutual. Do not get screwed like I did, even though the customer service agents are nice and try to help they do not have all the information. As far as it goes for the agent who sold me the policy SHAME on you for not disclosing all the information.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have had both home and auto with Liberty Mutual for years and in the past 10 years have had nothing but bad experiences. I have only stuck around because I have a good relationship with my agent. (Kathy **) First was a two-year property damage claim that was denied. Of course premiums continue to rise even with no claims and no accidents or tickets, then during this descent pandemic, my wife who is a front line health care worker, had a rock hit her windshield. Previously this was a covered repair at no cost. This time however I was shuffled around and even told by their partner with Safelite that there was a possibility this could be covered considering what my wife does.

After this news was passed on to the regional rep, this all was dismissed as basically nonsense along with the fact that I could have been offered a zero-deductible policy for comprehensive damages. They are nonreachable at a corporate level unless you write a letter. Stay away from this company! They don’t care about America’s true heroes, only their borderline animal cruelty emu commercials and advertising at the customers' expense. I will be moving all policies to a new company tomorrow. I hope this reaches their Corp offices and all front line heroes out there!

Original review: May 7, 2020

A long time ago I had their car insurance. Got into a minor accident and they cancelled the car policy. They will not save you as that lame commercial with the bird that looks like animal cruelty. They will harm your car insurance just like that menacing bird appears to always doing that looks abused and forced to do the commercial. They say some of the bird is fake but it is as fake as them giving you reliable car insurance!

Original review: May 6, 2020

I cancel my insurance with Liberty Miriam since they changed my coverage and when I realized that they told me they didn’t changed it. Went to a cooperative that was giving much better premium for the coverage that I was looking for. Then they charged me almost three hundred dollars on cancellation fee. They are a ripped off- do not recommend them at all. They have higher premium and bad coverage.

Liberty Mutual author review by Matthew Brodsky

This insurance company has a unique deductible-reducing policy and also offers auto insurance specifically designed for teachers. The company’s RightTrack program monitors driving and qualifies customers for additional discounts.

• Coverage and plans: Liberty Mutual offers the standard coverage required for auto insurance, plus features like accident forgiveness, gap insurance, new car replacement, better car replacement and repair guarantees.

• Cost: The average cost of Liberty Mutual auto insurance for someone in their 50s is about $150 per month

• Discounts: Liberty Mutual offers discounts for homeowners, new customers, paperless billing, upfront payment, multivehicle policies, good drivers, eco-friendly cars, safety features, good grades and military service.

• Standout feature: Liberty Mutual’s Deductible Fund lets customers lower their collision deductible by $100 every year. All customers have to do is pay an additional $30 as part of their premium.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor