Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Mutual offers competitively priced car insurance products along with special coverage options and discounts. Happy customers appreciate how easy it is to switch to Liberty Mutual from another provider. The company has an easy online platform to get a quote and sign up for a new policy.

PROS

• Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement
  • RightTrack encourages good driving behavior
  • Well-established company with 100+ years of insurance experience
  • User-friendly website
  • Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund helps you save up for your deductible

CONS

• Some customers experienced an increase in rates
  • Discounts not available in all states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Customer service can be slow and you have to stay on them to get a claim resolved. Follow up phone call are needed and if you don't your claim can be delayed. Other than that I'm happy with my insurance agent. He gets back to me in a timely manner and is always available to answer my questions.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

They do a good job--they process endorsement quickly, advance notice of payments, and if there is storms in our area they asked we have claim to report. Handle claims quickly and follow-up asking if there are any question or repair undone. They are available 24-7 and that is important. We are in our third year with them and will be staying.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I came to be a member of the Liberty Mutual family years ago. I had a previous insurance company that increase my policy due to my wife bad driving whom was on my policy. After learning of the increase I contacted Liberty Mutual and was given a great rate for the family. I have made a claim on my insurance company and they were very helpful in the process and finalizing the process. I feel they truly have done a great job for me.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had LM policyholder pull out in front of me and I hit him. They were absolutely great to me man. I was super nervous that they were going to somehow blame me for it. Not at all. They super nice from the first phone call. I believe Nicole was her name. Super caring and helpful. The claim adjuster Roger was freaking awesome too. Much love to Liberty Mutual for doing the right thing!! Much appreciated.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I fled another insurance company who canceled my insurance after a claim for damages by a wild animal. The damage was repaired but the insurance company sent me a notice that they were not renewing my policy even though I had been paying premiums for 15 years. Liberty Mutual is stand up and a star in the service department. Receptive, understanding and very customer friendly if you get the right agent and not a phone bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I switched my insurance to get a better rate. Sometimes cheaper rate is not worth the headache. My car was stolen and they treated me like a criminal. After providing everything they asked for like bank records and credit reports, police reports and pictures they told me that my car could not be stolen. I'm not sure of any car that can not be towed or stolen in the US. Don't use a company that you just start hearing about on TV commercials. Can never get a hold of anyone handling your claim even after leaving messages.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

After being a LM auto insurance customer for over 40 years, I switched to a new insurer after realizing how grossly overpriced my policy was. With no accidents in a decade, and one speeding ticket two years ago, my policy cost jumped $2000 in a year (2019). Reluctantly, I called a well-known LM competitor and shockingly discovered, for the exact same coverage, my new policy was literally $3000 a year cheaper. So much for LM taking care of its loyal decades-old customers. Their tv commercials featuring an ostrich are not only misleading and silly, but downright dishonest.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I was shopping for auto insurance last year, paid Liberty Mutual for a month, because at the time I was spending the majority of my income on dental work, and couldn't afford an outlay of cash to pay 6-12 months, as I usually had. Shortly after taking my money, I received an email informing me my yearly rate was adjusted from $409/year to $970/year. Know I'm retired, no accidents, tickets, or any other type mark on my record. I drive less than 500 miles a month. I checked to make sure there wasn't some sort of error made, and was informed that was what they wanted to insure me. At that time I told them they were nuts if they thought I was paying such an inflated rate, and would be buying insurance elsewhere, which was exactly what I did.

I just received a letter today from a collection agency claiming I owe them over $170. This is nothing more than attempted extortion, and I do not owe it, nor will I be paying it. I'll be in touch with my States Insurance Commission as well, and let them know whats going on. Avoid this company, I wish I would have! Now I have to waste my time writing a letter of denial that I even owe this fabricated debt.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Sign up with this company if you feel like eating lemon salad for the rest of your life: rinds and all. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE FOLKS. GO WITH AN ARBELLA, A GEICO, PROGRESSIVE, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS SOUR PATCH COMPANY. Want the most unhelpful, dismissive company on the market? Just sign your soul, I mean name away guys on the dotted line, just visit www.libertymutual.com and get 1/2 off rebate to ** because there will be plenty of headaches to go through.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

They raised my premium every year for four years. The reason was (because of doing business and the amount of claims have gone up) Maybe they should screen the clients before taking their money and run. BIGGEST DECEIPT IN THE INSURANCE BUSINESS, THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

Not sure about Liberty Mutual - Auto?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Liberty Mutual expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.

• Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.

• Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.

• Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.

• Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.

• Best for: New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor