2. Automotive

Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Mutual offers competitively priced car insurance products along with special coverage options and discounts. Happy customers appreciate how easy it is to switch to Liberty Mutual from another provider. The company has an easy online platform to get a quote and sign up for a new policy.

PROS

• RightTrack good driving program
  • Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund helps you save up for your deductible
  • Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement

CONS

• Some customers experienced an increase in rates
  • Discounts not available in all states
Liberty Mutual - Auto Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual - Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Customer service is always easily reachable. I use the phone or email. They are helpful with accidents. One time my husband had someone rear end him on the highway. We tried to get the other person's insurance cover, but was always a delay. Thus kept us waiting to get the vehicle fixed. Liberty Mutual had us go ahead and fix the vehicle, they took care of the bill and went after the other insurance company afterwards. One slight negative is whenever we make an adjustment on the car insurance we get new insurance cards mailed out whether or not they are needed, I think just adds to the cost of the insurance. They offer many ways to pay the bill.

Original review: July 29, 2020

There is no perfect car or homeowners insurance company, but I have been totally pleased with Liberty Mutual the last 20 years. Easily approachable, quick response and adjusters if needed for a claim, with quick claim payments. Received a rebate due to Covid, but most car insurance companies are doing the same.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 28, 2020

I was first attracted to them with their monthly price and accident forgiveness. I was a little irritated when they raised my rates a little even though I'd had no accidents. Then, when I had damage to my car and needed them, I found out just how amazing they are. The true measure of an insurance company is what happens when you actually need coverage. They were incredibly fast, communicated regularly, let me pick my own shop, and never questioned the bill when my shop increased the price twice. They were fantastic. As a result, I will stay with them and not even shop around.

Original review: July 27, 2020

When I was having trouble getting insurance after my former company doubled my auto rates due to a previous high claim, Liberty Mutual unlike all the others I checked, gave me a very good rate for auto, homeowners, motorcycle, and ATV coverage. I highly recommend.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Very reasonable priced. Lots of discounts and great customer service. Friendly people. I feel they went out of their way to help give me the best prices and discounts. They were 140$ cheaper than anywhere else I looked. Recommend to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I tried my best to keep my policy with them. But after countless times with them making errors on my policy payments. I went through 4 months of approximately 8 people to locate forms I had signed and submitted to them. The last straw is an unauthorized charge from my debit. They acknowledge I had cancelled automatic withdrawals but claims they have no records or documentation. Additionally, is it normal for car insurance to increase $99 after receiving 1 misdemeanor traffic ticket?.. Well they did.. Needless to say, I am very actively seeking another car insurance company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I was offered a check for my inconvenience that their customer caused me which I thought was nice and even made me think about changing insurance companies. Then it took at least 2 weeks for the auto shop and Liberty Mutual to agree on the price to fix my vehicle after it was in the shop. I did have a rental car but I took out insurance because I thought it would be 5 days and I have a deductible. It took 23 days to get my car back. The biggest problem was not getting calls about the problem and not being able to get ahold of the adjuster. So needless to say, I won’t be a new customer!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The agent I was directed to was extremely pushy on selling rent insurance (I had to say no THREE times). He then went on pushing for lower liability coverage (which is against consumer's benefit). He ended up giving me a quote that was 30$/month higher than the internet quote. I ended up getting GEICO which was 60% cheaper than the Liberty mutual for comparable coverage.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I called for roadside assistance covered on my policy. After an hours wait between being on hold with only ONE answer to many calls, the person who came out did not have the key to change my tire and the whole process started without any answer to many long waits on the line for an operator. Texts were sent in the meantime asking if I still needed help; assuring me that someone would be by in a half hour; and with the same roadside assistance number with no answer.

Finally, I had to dial for a tow. I am a female left on the side of the highway with cars going by at about 80 mph. When I called to make a complaint and file a claim the next day, I was given two emails to upload my documents that didn't work along with this circular nightmare of calls like the day before for a few hours. One operator told me no one did it in purpose, and they were probably busy! This company used to have great customer service. I felt like I was dealing with a scam company!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I got this insurance because I could do payroll deduction and they offered employee discount. Turns out the rates are higher than other carriers I have had, but I’d be good with that if the customer service was great. Nope. I was in an accident and when I tried to file claim, no luck. It took months to get a claim started and lots of frustration. I was told I should have filed with the other person’s insurance instead of mine - months after I tried starting the process. Your insurance company should be there to help, not hinder.

Liberty Mutual author review by Matthew Brodsky

This insurance company has a unique deductible-reducing policy and also offers auto insurance specifically designed for teachers. The company’s RightTrack program monitors driving and qualifies customers for additional discounts.

• Coverage and plans: Liberty Mutual offers the standard coverage required for auto insurance, plus features like accident forgiveness, gap insurance, new car replacement, better car replacement and repair guarantees.

• Cost: The average cost of Liberty Mutual auto insurance for someone in their 50s is about $150 per month

• Discounts: Liberty Mutual offers discounts for homeowners, new customers, paperless billing, upfront payment, multivehicle policies, good drivers, eco-friendly cars, safety features, good grades and military service.

• Standout feature: Liberty Mutual’s Deductible Fund lets customers lower their collision deductible by $100 every year. All customers have to do is pay an additional $30 as part of their premium.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor