Liberty Mutual - Auto

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On February 12, 2017, I was hit by a driver that's insured by Liberty Mutual. The police came and gave the other driver a ticket for failure to yield. She was on the phone and did not see me. I called my insurance to let them know I was involved in an accident and with them on the phone, we called Liberty Mutual to file a claim. We got a claim number and was told not to worry, they will take care of everything. They gave me a name for the adjuster that was supposed to take care of my case. The next day I got a call from somebody else saying that he is my new adjuster. He asked questions about the accident and asked me if I could send him the police report once it was available. He assured me he will call me back once his investigation was completed. I waited 2 weeks and because I didn't get a call or email from him, I started calling, leaving messages and sending emails. He did not respond to any of them.

Two months later I decided to talk to a manager since it was getting ridiculous. The manager told me I would receive a call in the next few hours to resolve the situation. Nobody called me for a week. I sent another email telling them they need to fix my car. My wife was missing work because of it. Finally I got my original adjuster telling me that she will complete the investigation asap and will get back to me. She asked me to send the pictures from the accident and the police report again because the adjuster I was talking to in the beginning is not working for them anymore and they do not have that info.

A few days later I receive an email from the adjuster telling me that after reviewing the facts she decided I was partly responsible for the accident and they will only cover 70% of the damage. I told her to look at the police report once again and she told me that the police report is irrelevant. I told her that a judge might not see the situation the same way and she told me that police reports are not admissible in court. Apparently they don't know the law since in the state of Georgia, police reports ARE admissible in court. Now I will have to waste more time taking them to court so I can have my car fixed. For your own good, if possible, stay away from Liberty Mutual.

Liberty Mutual has been my car insurance company for over 10 years. Overall, their rates, benefits and customer service were excellent. In comparison to other companies, I paid a lower rate for better benefits and I was always received with a positive and respectful attitude when I called their mail phone number. When someone hit my car in a parking lot, they paid for the entire repair and I got a free rental car for the week it was repairs. I would highly recommend them. I only gave 4 stars because their home insurance rates were on the higher side, but car insurance was great.

In 2014 we were hit with a massive ice storm. 2 metal storage houses were damaged, one was totally decimated, the other had holes in the roof, the chain link fence was damaged and the above ground pool. They charged the deductible per storage house. They told us to get the roof repaired on one storage house, which could not be done. The agent told father and I we could repair the pool ourselves. So my 85 disabled veteran father and myself in my 60s had to tear the pool apart and pay to have it carted off. Now we have storm damage to our roof and the agent told me it was not covered because whoever put the roof on did "shoddy work". We are getting a new insurance company and I am submitting a complaint to the state attorney general.

Liberty Mutual does not stand by your side. They are liars!!! I had Liberty Mutual for about 3 years. My husband had two tickets before their representative came to my job for new clients. They signed me up with auto pay. My husband backed into a car and Liberty Mutual paid out $375.00. Last year, I noticed my money was still in my account thirteen days after it was due to paid. I called them and told them that money was still in my account. They told me that they dropped me because we were high risk drivers! I told that they should have sent a letter. They claimed that they but I never received one. I also told them that I had to pay a high down payment because of their negligence. I also told them they should have sent that letter certified! I asked them if they could at least carry me for the 13 days to keep me from paying a high down payment. They said no.

Been with Liberty since 2011. Not one claim, not one ticket. Rates kept going up - every year. This year the rates went up over 20%! I called and got the most ridiculous answer - the state insurance commissioner no longer allowed Liberty to give us several of the discounts we had in the past. Called Progressive and got same coverage for about 60% less! So I also changed our home insurance - better coverage same price. Saved another 168.00 off car insurance by having the multiple policy. When I called Liberty to cancel the rep actually asked what they could do to save our business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

I have had Liberty Mutual for 17 years. During that time I have had 5 major claims, two in the last 8 months. I had my car stolen and I was at fault for a major wreck with the last two claims. At the end of the day I was dry surprised at how well I was treated. On the stolen car claim I got paid 20% more than I expected. Auto wreck that was my fault I was amazed at how well LM paid me and the other party. I could have been sued but LM (Liberty Mutual) handled the claim so well that everyone was satisfied. The claims adjuster looked at my car 4 times, 2 times more than they should. Thanks LM.

Slow customer services. Uncaring agents. Involved in a hit and run. Paid me 3k less than my Jeep was worth and totaled my car out. I was robbed. I received the worst customer service in my 27 years of living. Their agent didn't care at all until my loan company started calling for a check. Luckily gap insurance is going to cover some of my negative equity. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Liberty Mutual. I wouldn't let them insure a bicycle. Highly dissatisfied and disappointed. Honestly, I felt I was robbed.

Had a claim on my home and they literally refuse to pay the contractor what was required. They tried to not pay for all the repairs to my home. Moreover, if you get home insurance with them, watch your rates go up every year. They trick you by giving you different credits then one-by-one they drop off yearly driving up your insurance cost. I have canceled my insurance with them!

My 6 month old 2016 Volvo xc90 was totaled in a rear ended accident on 4/16/17. Customer Service is impossibly slow. The agent assigned to us was never there when called and did not respond to emails. First hurdle was Power of Attorney for paying off my loan. Voicemails, emails, asking for agent's manager, escalations, I finally got response from a different agent who helped me through the unnecessary confusion created by their documents for Power of Attorney. The notary herself had to explain to the Liberty Mutual agent why she needed all the information before she could notarize.

Next was figuring how our New car replacement works. Same lack of response and/or lack of prompt response. I qualified for the new car replacement but realized quickly that the entire statements on the policy and their website, "New Car Replacement goes further than typical gap insurance because you receive payment for a replacement that's brand new, as long as your totaled car is less than a year old and has fewer than 15,000 miles," is not a promise they are willing to keep.

After weeks of chasing down the agent, I got the answer that my totaled car value was more than a new car price and therefore they won't pay me anything for my new car replacement! I was stunned. I asked them for details on how they assessed a new car value which they said over the phone that they will send me an email with the VIN number of the new car that was assessed lower than my old car and they didn't. When questioned, I got no response. I went around Volvo dealerships and researched online. There were no 2016 new cars to start with available to be assessed. And even a used 2016 Volvo's cost came $6000 more than what they were saying is price of a new car. The policy clearly states, "A vehicle that is most similar in class and body type to the year, make, model and equipment of the damaged automobile" but the agent was saying the packages that were on my car will not be considered at all.

The whole thing feels like I didn't even purchase the new car replacement policy. They are just trying to shut me with false and ridiculous information. I talked to the PA insurance department and they recommended that I submit a complaint and that is what I did. I provided them the price of a new car that is a closest match to my car and the price of a used car that is closest match to my car. The Liberty Mutual agent was also telling me if I do not process things quickly, my requests will not go through and I was ballistic at this point since all of the delay was caused by them and told them as much as politely as I could. I submitted the complaint last night. Waiting to see what happens. I just found this site and I appreciate it greatly. I will study some more in the stories here to see if there are other ways I can fight this.

I opened this account only to tell my story. I am seeking legal recourse if I can. I inquired about house insurance about a month ago and received a statement 3 days ago saying I was denied. My credit is EXCELLENT 785 and they stated 10 reasons why I was denied. That my roof needed repair, I'll give them that, but they dug up information about me that looked more like a personal background check than anything else.

The 10 factors they reported on, some were flat lies (divorced, children in the house, victim of domestic violence), while others were over 30 years old and one (caring for an elderly parent) was 20 years old as my mother died in 1996. It was OUTRAGEOUS and I am seeking an attorney for any ratings they may have sent to my credit history. PLEASE! Do NOT use this company. I have never encountered such a desire that seems to outright damage a person's claims and/or credit in my life. AND it took 30 days to tell me they denied me... WITH PERFECT CREDIT!

Up until yesterday I was happy with Liberty Mutual. I pulled up my recent transactions through my bank and noticed they withdrew almost $80.00 more for my monthly payment. I called customer service and the agent said there was a slight increase in my yearly premium (I don't think a 67% increase is slight). Nothing has changed, and our driving records are clean, the agent couldn't find the reason for the increase. I was not informed of this, but called GEICO and was able to switch companies with a 6-month premium of just over $600, versus Liberty Mutual's new 12-month premium of over $2100 and we get a little better coverage.

Now I'm fighting with them to refund my recent payment for the month the May and they will not. They are trying to tell me their customers are always billed a month late. I'm pretty sure the day I signed up is the day of my first payment. My most recent payment was on May 4 and I cancelled on May 5, I should get that money back.

I was a Liberty Mutual auto insurance customer when I rear ended another vehicle. Upon compact, I got out of my car and got runned over by a passing car that never stopped. I suffered major trauma as a result. I had on my policy coverage for hit and run coverage valued at 20k. Liberty after 2 years, continue to refuse to pay out on this coverage that I am entitled to. They are just an awful company. They claim they stand behind their customers, but only on their TV commercials. I have cancelled my policies and moved on to another agency, as I am now suing them for breach of contract. Stay away from them.

I was hit on the freeway by someone that seemed as if they did it on purpose, but that is speculative. I was merging onto Interstate 5 and their insured wad in front of me, with a log truck in front of him. The log truck leading the way was not increasing speed to merge onto the freeway. Traffic was rapidly approaching from the south at speed (65 mph speed limit). In order to avoid a bad situation, I crossed out of the merge lane, across the slow lane and got into the fast lane. It appeared that the insured did not like the fact that I was no longer caught behind the slow moving log truck and he was, so he accelerated and moved out of the merge lane into the slow lane and then cut into my lane, colliding with my vehicle.

He was side by side with my vehicle so I was not in a blind spot. His driver's side tire collided with my passenger's side fender and damaged my car. The accident was on March 10th. I filed the claim the next morning and I called & emailed for weeks as well as contacting my insurance company to have them try to reach them as well. 6 days short of 2 MONTHS later they said they were denying my claim because of conflicting statements. Of course their insured would disagree, but this is why people have insurance. So when people drive into you, you are protected. This is why it is mandatory to have auto insurance. This seems illegal to not honor a claim when you're insured, crosses a lane of traffic that had a vehicle in it and causes damage to it. Shady company! I have to pay to repair my vehicle that was damaged by someone who drove into me.

I always pay my auto insurance for the full year when it is due. Recently I took a vacation and knew my auto insurance should be coming due soon but decided to pay it when I returned and received the bill. When I returned I did not receive a bill but did have a letter informing me I was late with my auto insurance payment. Since I do my banking online I immediately sent out the payment for the full amount and sent an e-mail to my local agent asking him why he didn't contact me when I was late. It was a kidding jab at him more than a complaint. No response from him. Two weeks later I checked the mail and saw an envelope from Liberty Mutual and in the window I could tell it was a check. When I opened it I found a check against their account to me for the full amount of the auto insurance payment.

Being confused and wondering if I had accidentally paid twice or something I was getting ready to call them when I saw a second envelope. I opened it and read a letter saying they were canceling my insurance due to non-payment. WHAT THE HELL!!! I called and talked with a customer service agent who tried at first to tell me they never cashed a check from me and that check was mine that they never received. WHAT THE HELL!!! When I called him on his ignorance in the nicest way possible, and gave him the number of the policy on the check stub, from Liberty Mutual, against their checking account, made out to me for the exact amount I paid to them for my policy, he then admitting he had no idea why they sent me the check back.

Then he wanted to know if I wanted to make the payment with him right then. I told him what I wanted was to pay one month and then have them bill me for the balance and at that time I would pay the full amount. I explained that I lived in the country and it was an hour from my bank and I did not want to take a 1/2 day off work to take their check to the bank to cover payment for a bill I had already paid because they sent the money back. That since it was their screw up they could accommodate me.

He refused and told me that I had to pay the full amount to stop the cancellation. He had no higher power for me to talk with and was not going to accommodate me while all the while thanking for my patience. I asked him how many days I had before the policy would be canceled and he told me 9 days. I told him, "Good. That gives me 9 days to find another carrier for my home and auto insurance." That evidently our 7 years with Liberty Mutual meant nothing.

On 8/17/14 I was involved in an accident with a Liberty Mutual policyholder. I never received a check for the depreciation of my vehicle. I have been calling them for over a week. Every time I call I am told, "Someone will be in touch with you." No one ever calls. I finally worked my way up the ladder to a "manager" and was told they estimated the depreciation to be $25. How is the depreciation $25? My vehicle cost around 3k to fix. The upper management on this company could care less to return your phone calls.

I have been a customer with Liberty Mutual for 10+ years. I have multiple cars, homeowners and now rental insurance. Liberty Mutual has raised my rates 3X what the average rates are. I understand that when adding teenagers to the policy I would see an increase. However, since one of my sons have now turned 25 and still on my insurance I expected to see my rate drop significantly. However I was just informed Liberty Mutual does not honor any kind of reduction based on ages. They review the policy when it renews and make any adjustments if any are given at that time and nothing more.

Liberty Mutual has to be the biggest RIPOFF going. This company is not concerned with helping its customers at all. It appears their only concern is fattening the pockets with inflating rates, charging customers these high rates, if something happens where you have to make a claim, lowball you on repair, tell you that it's your fault when it wasn't so they can collect a deductible, to further fatten their pockets and give the consumers the runaround. I've sent inquires to their customer service area, sent an email to their executive office with no resolve or interest in lowering their rates.

Using auto-pay where they deduct premiums from your checking is a very bad idea. By the time I noticed that my monthly payment had ballooned way beyond what it had been in previous years, I had to scramble to cancel. They had added installment fees and jacked up my premiums. Even cancelling, they managed to extract another $10 in "installment charges". I am tired of calling to complain and getting ignored while waiting on hold. This company will kill you with fees and sneaky rate hikes. When I got the policies originally the broker said I'd save money with EFT auto pay. VERY BAD! My advice is go elsewhere, I got both policies with Preferred Mutual and saved $1200 in the first year.

I have been with Liberty Mutual for about 15 yrs and the rates kept going up. I called to inquire and they told me that the crash tests on one of the vehicles I owned drove the rates up even though me and my wife have no tickets or accidents on our license for the duration of the policy. We are both 50 and our rates should be lower. I had just paid $275 and had to pay another $285 to cancel and was told this was an NC state requirement. This company is total BS and would not recommend anyone getting insurance from them. They totally disgust me. I hope they choke on the money I had to pay them!!!

Several months ago, my daughter and I were driving home from a hospital stay. On a mountain road with no lights, something hit my windshield, I swerved to avoid it. I grazed a guard rail. There were no vehicles involved, and I continued to drive the 10 minutes home. When I made a claim, Liberty Mutual recommended a body shop that was 6 weeks out for availability. The claims adjuster also had difficulty in finding a car that was able to transport our mobility devices. Frustrated with the thought of driving a car that couldn't transport a wheelchair, I asked the adjuster to put the claim on hold. Shortly after I received a letter notifying me Liberty had concluded I was over 50% at fault. I tried to contact someone to discuss their conclusion, how they deduced fault, especially without not having even seen my car. No response.

My daughter had 2 more hospital stays, and it was time to reopen the claim. Same issues with Liberty's shop. So I got my own estimate, in part because of a rude claims adjuster who gave me a few days before she closed the file. I also again shared my concern about transporting my daughter in her chair. One customer service rep told me to increase my rental allowance. I did, but apparently that does not apply to this incident. With 2 mobility devices, there could have been some exception made, but NO. Claims adjuster left a rude speed message in my voicemail letting me know I was at fault because I said I hit the guardrail, unavoidable sorry. And Liberty was bound by my contract to give me the rental car I was paying for. Their customer service center is wonderful, they unfortunately have no say in what's being done.

The few claims adjusters I've spoken to have been rude, and do nothing more than quote policy. After 7 years, I'll be shopping for insurance elsewhere, they are most definitely NOT disability friendly, and seem to be very good at quoting what they CAN'T do. I've had an excellent driving record my whole life, they shouldn't be allowed to change that for an unavoidable incident. They also should notify customers who may need accessible transportation what their policy actually DOES cover, and what it does not. Several phone center employees agreed, the rental should at least replace something similar to what I have, or a special allowance given. But then anyone who can decide that a flying object hitting your windshield on a dark mountain road doesn't require a motion to avoid, well I can't trust. A fail on all counts.

I had been a long time customer and until I cancelled my multi-car policy I had never heard of a rate specialist. I was not giving the best rate since been a customer with them and finally when I cancelled they wanted me to speak to a "so called rate specialist", whom I never heard of and customer service never told me about any rate specialist. I believe I was overcharged for years. I am a dissatisfied customer who will never recommend this company to anyone.

On Jan. 19, 2017 a Liberty Mutual customer, a Pearce Services driver, passed me from behind as I was making a left turn on a heavily traveled state highway. Pearce Services delayed reporting it to Liberty, so my insurance did. Liberty didn't respond to my calls until Jan 30th. They wouldn't get me a rental while they were investigating their liability, because the driver was disputing the facts. Their insured hit me while I was making a left turn, at an intersection, and crossing a solid yellow line to do it. Their driver is clearly at fault.

After 10 days I finally got someone in their office to answer the phone, and suddenly there's a witness that they are trying to contact. The original agent would not take any calls. I finally got his co-worker to look into the file, they reached the 'witness' on April 6th, but he said was at work and would call back. FIVE weeks later they still had not spoken to him, gotten a statement or even a callback. But they told me they were 1) actively pursuing the investigation, 2) didn't have the guys address to mail anything, and 3) wouldn't send an investigator out to take his statement because "It would cost the company money." (Her exact words), and wouldn't send the local appraiser out to get the witness to call in a statement while he was there.

After I sent complaints to both the Better Business Bureau and the California Department of Insurance, suddenly Liberty Mutual had a statement from the 'witness', and he supported the driver’s statement. I don't know who actually came up with their scenario of the accident but now "the poor innocent driver got hit by me!" Liberty Mutual knows this statement is false. The pictures of the scene that I sent shows the debris field is where I said it would be, the nurse that stopped knows what happened. I was too upset to get names, so Liberty is denying my claim based on known false testimony because I don't have any corroborating witnesses. I have reported them to the California Department of Insurance for using false statements, and am going to take everybody to small claims court. Liberty has crossed from bad business practices into criminal behaviour and they should not be allowed to get away with it.

The worst insurance company ever! If you're thinking of using them DON'T! Save yourself a headache. We had an accident on Thursday, March 30th 2017. Another Liberty Mutual customer rear-ended our 2016 Mercedes C class. We reported the accident right away and were told that someone was going to contact us within 3 days and give us more information regarding our claim. Guess what, nobody called! We called 3 times and were told our claim was still being investigated.

Finally my husband called the adjuster and sent her an email yesterday, April 3rd. Dead silence. Again, I called the adjuster today and couldn't believe she actually answered the phone. When I asked why she never called us she said she never received an email nor voice mail that we left yesterday. Then she said she called us yesterday but didn't leave a message. Really? What kind of stuff is she smoking? Now, she's telling us to provide photos of the damage so that they can figure out who's fault it was so that either our policy or the other person's policy will cover the damages. Really? We were rear-ended. We have a lot of pictures to show, I'm just wondering how come nobody from Liberty Mutual bothered to call us and tell us that they needed more info. They don't care about their customers. We have 2 houses and 2 cars insured with them. We never had any claims with them, no speeding tickets nor any violations.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get our car fixed since it took 6 days to finally get a hold of the adjuster. I wish we had read all the negative reviews before. So if you don't have Liberty Mutual but are thinking about getting insured with them, DON'T. Trust me, we'll be leaving. Taking all of our policies elsewhere. We used to have State Farm. It was more expensive but we never had to chase anyone from State Farm when we had an accident because someone run the stop sign. They called the very next day, I brought my car in to one of their locations, had damages evaluated and got my car fixed within just a few days. We never had to wait around for them to figure out which policy would pay damages, they figured it out for us while the car was being fixed. With Liberty Mutual you get what you pay for. They won't bother calling you, you have to chase them down. Now, I'm hoping the car can get fixed within the next month. Crazy!

I have insured a 2013 BMW 128i with Liberty Mutual. I had an accident where some parts need to be changed. After the appraisal was done, I was told that after market parts would be installed on my car, which I opposed as I don't want old Honda parts on a BMW car. I called my adjuster, Vivian **, and told her my concern and she said that the cost of the part that needs to be changed is more than the cost of the parts that my policy has insured. This didn't make sense to me and I requested her to show me where is this written on my policy and also provide me with the list of parts which are insured; she replied she wouldn't know and stopped answering any further questions. I dropped several emails and voice mails but never heard back from her.

After making a lot of noise with other appraisers and adjusters for nearly 2 months and explaining the situation that it poses a risk while driving in addition to bringing down the value of the car (both in terms of monetary value when I decide to sell it and the driving experience), they agreed that the part will be an original BMW part as it is a risk. Once all of this was done, they created some more roadblocks by saying that after market parts can be used for smaller parts like the alloys, again I did not agree to this. They have insured a BMW vehicle so at the time of need I expect a BMW part in my car.

All of this drama went on for quite a few weeks, and finally they agreed and my car was repaired soon. I reported the claim on Dec 24, 2016 and today is Mar 30, 2017 (more than 3 months) and I still don't have my vehicle because of delay in payments. The kind of harassment and stress I have been thru these past 3 months is beyond imagination and I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I got.

I filed a claim on 3/8/2017 and still no phone from the appraiser after leaving a message twice. The claims dept. keeps telling me the policy of the person who hit me is under review. No one at Liberty Mutual had obtain the accident report from the California Highway Patrol office in Rancho Cordova, CA. But I sent them one paying it with my own money. The communication from Liberty Mutual is very, very in business like and they should be investigated thoroughly by California Insurance Consumer Affairs. To me they should practice outside of California.

My truck was wrecked back in December of 2016 and the body shop they preferred is B and H and as of March 22nd 2017 my truck is there. I started off where I couldn't even get a rental car and then I finally got one. I have made 14 trips to the body shop and it's been a nightmare. My truck is a 2006 GMC Sierra and was in extremely good condition. I've picked this truck up several times to find more damage so like I have noted it's been a nightmare.

They also have a field rep who works for Liberty Mutual named David. This guy is a joke but if he is stupid enough to issue a check for $3,024.00 for them to paint a quarter panel and put a Z-71 sticker on then I guess liberty mutual is getting the best rep (huh). I have numerous times tried to speak to someone who is in upper management with no success and at this point I don't know what I'm going to have done about this matter. I'm paying for full coverage insurance and they're installing junkyard parts and Liberty is paying for new part prices. Extremely bad customer service. So if anyone at Liberty Mutual in upper management reads this please contact me for more details. Thanks.

I was put into contact with Liberty Mutual when I was attempting to obtain a quote for USAA insurance for home and auto. Liberty mutual is apparently the carrying agent. The first agent I spoke to asked me to wait until I was certain of my new address (I am in the process of moving into a new house). When I tried to call him back two weeks later, he was out of office and had no one available to take his new clients. I waited another week, contacted the agent, and received a quote from him. He gave me a quote claiming it was $500 less a year than my existing insurance. He asked for a payment over the phone. I informed him that I wanted to go over the quote with my wife and existing insurance before finalizing the policy.

When I contacted my present company, I found that he was misrepresenting his claim. I actually had more coverage for less money with my existing insurance. I called and asked for a refund of my deposit. Today, I came home from work to find out LIBERTY Mutual had contacted the department of transportation of my state and told them I didn't have insurance. The DOT wanted me to take the plates off my vehicles and not drive them until I got insurance. Even though I still had my original insurance. Calls to Liberty Mutual accomplished nothing. They refused to correct their mistakes.

I went online and applied for auto and renters insurance together. They told me auto wasn't available to me in my area but renters was. They gave me a high renters rate and now call me phone nearly ever hour. They advertise nearly every 10 minutes on a local station not even 60 miles from me on how good their auto insurance is and it is not even available.

The Right Track program is a scam. It's to prove you're a bad driver even when you're not. I average about 100 miles per week or less. No record of rapid acceleration. No record of hard braking. No night time driving. Bottom line is I drive like an old person. At 46 yrs. old, I've never had an accident or speeding ticket... after three weeks my percentage has gone from 30% to 22%. At the rate I'm going it looks like I'll need a new insurance company within a month. My premium is also substantially more than it should be...

We got hit by a person who had Liberty Mutual Insurance. They accepted full responsibility. From the onset I told them I wanted factory original equipment parts used in the repair. Their appraiser came up with a cost of about $3400 for the repairs but he included the use of two aftermarket parts. I refused to accept the aftermarket parts (the two parts in question would have increased the repair cost by $92). They told me that if I didn't accept their estimate I would have to return the rental car the next day, leaving us without the transportation we needed, while fighting them in court. Such a cheap outfit. I recommend staying clear of them. FYI the people that hit us said they had had Liberty Mutual for 15 years and were very upset with the way Liberty was representing them.

We placed numerous phone calls to our assigned "Rep" and could not get a return phone call for almost two weeks no matter how many messages we left. We finally got to a CS agent named Keegan (I apologize if that is not correct) who was helpful and polite and a credit to LM. NOT returning policy holders' telephone calls is unacceptable and reflects poorly on what I believe is a good and responsible company.

She, our Claim Rep, returned our call this am after we sent a rather critical, but still polite and well versed email but we already had gotten help from someone else. Management needs to understand that unreturned phone calls, particularly those that are repeatedly ignored, can negate positive public opinion. LM spends a lot of money on advertising and is a good company, but more attention needs to be paid to the damage that can be done by an UNRESPONSIVE CR. I prefer not to leave our claims number as I have no wish to cause an issue for any employee but perhaps more training is needed and better policies established regarding response times.

Compare Auto Insurance