Liberty Mutual - Auto

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was with Liberty Mutual over two years for auto insurance and rental insurance coverage. Gradually, started seeing an increase in my auto insurance, called to inquire about it and was informed that across the board all insurance companies were increasing... cool! After two years decided to do a downsize on my bills... cut cable bill off, called around to get cheaper quotes for car insurance, found a cheaper rate and called LM to cancel. Was informed by LM that the whole time I was with them I had been paying a month behind on my auto insurance and rental insurance... The whole time I was with them, never did I get a late notification or anything. Ok, canceled my policy and later received a bill for the month behind bill, keep in mind, I had always paid on time, never was late the whole time I was with LM.

Due to me having a new policy with AAA, I broke the "past due monthly bill" down because I had started the policy with AAA. I paid the balance of $223.00 for auto insurance and $26.00 for rental insurance down to a remaining balance of $50.00 total, $50.00 was all that I owed LM total. Last bill was for 10/23/16 made payments for the month of October, November and had a balance of $50.00.

I called on 11/30/16 to pay the $50.00 off and was informed that it had been sent to collections... are you kidding me??? $50.00? I asked the representative why was it sent to collections. She informed me that it was automatically done. I told the customer representative I could see if I hadn't never made any type of payment but to send $50.00 to collections was ludicrous. Anyway I paid the $50.00 and LM will NEVER have to worry about me coming back to them or me referring anyone to them in the near future. BEWARE OF LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE!

I have never felt the need to review a company until now. I'm writing this while stranded waiting for a tow truck and it's been 3 HOURS. I've called twice asking where is it and the unsympathetic call agent said they will be there in 20 minutes (it's been an hour). Worst customer care I have experienced.

I switched to LM in September. A deer hit my certified BMW vehicle. LM wants to repair my vehicle with after-market parts. I was informed that in order to use BMW parts I was to have purchased a premium policy which includes OEM parts. This was never explained to me when I called in for initial quote. I repeatedly stated that I wanted the same coverage as my previous insurer and not once was it explained to me that there is a "premium" coverage available. After several days on the phone trying to contact someone that could give me an explanation as to why my vehicle cannot be restored back to its original condition, I was told that they would have to "investigate" the initial phone call and that they would get back to me within 2 days. Well, it's been a week and no return phone call.

My vehicle is sitting in a shop awaiting repairs. I've not received a call back from the person who handles the claims either. I've called many times as well as emailed and still nothing. This has been the WORST experience ever. Another critter hit this same vehicle with my previous insurance and my vehicle was appraised, repaired, and returned to me within 8 days, no hassle. This experience, so far is beyond 8 days and still no response from LM. I'm at a loss right now. I can either come up with out of pocket expenses to repair my vehicle with original parts or repair it their way and lose the value and certification of this type of vehicle. Either way it's a lose/lose situation for me.

DO NOT use this company! You will not get any return calls or real answers to your questions. It's been one lie after another. They did not add rental coverage as well so I am scrambling around to get to and from places. I was also told they would investigate this mishap on their end but still no response. I am charged monthly for EFT payments yet I was initially told that it would be a one time fee. So far, it is not worth the savings and it is the worse mistake ever! I suppose you get what you pay for! But in my defense, they said all the right things to get my money only to nickel and dime me in the end.

I was a Liberty Mutual customer until a few weeks ago. I noticed that my online account policy was up for renewal and that my policy was increasing by almost a hundred bucks. So I called LM and was told that the increase was due to LM expenses and they had to forward the expenses to the customers. Although I knew my renewal for another six months would be starting in a few weeks, I kept the LM insurance. I called around and found some cheaper insurance and had my new insurance to start on the day LM was to end.

Well, today I receive a letter in the mail notifying me that LM contacted them and said I no longer had insurance. LM lied, they never told the MVA that my vehicles was still insured with them until my old policy ended and my new policy would pick up from the date of LM policy ended. They are the worse, customer service are the worse and they are downright liars.

My neighbor was rear ended on Sept. 27th by someone who also has Liberty Mutual. There was a police report and they immediately notified Liberty about the accident. For six weeks they called Liberty but were continuously put off, did not get phone calls returned and Liberty dropped their claims 4 TIMES without reason.

My neighbors are law abiding, hard working, legal US residents from Ecuador who have lived here for many years. Frustrated they told me of their difficulty. Having no accent, I called Liberty on Nov 16th for them to find out what was going on. Within 10 minutes of a very firm but polite exchange with a Liberty representative, my neighbors were given their appointment for the estimate, and the process was put in motion. I was furious that this appeared to be racial discrimination because of my friend's obvious accent. Seeing the multiple bad reviews and similar complaints, this company appears to be just negligent and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend Liberty Mutual to ANYONE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Was hit by a drunk driver in August. Liberty Mutual has had all the information they asked for and now has stopped communicating with this completely. We send emails and phone with no response at all. They owe me my deductible, medical costs, and pain and suffering. And believe me I am suffering. If this goes on much further I will have to get a lawyer and then it's gonna cost them a hell of a lot more. I'm kind of leaning towards that right now anyway. I'm filing a complaint with the insurance commission. I can't believe I have to do that just to get Liberty Mutual to return my phone calls.

I was ran into on June 20, 2016 by a drunk driver. The guy was taken to jail. This is a no fault accident. Liberty only wants to pay me $12,000.00 on a car that is worth $19,000.00 according to NADA & from a independent appraisal that I hired. Liberty has low ball me.

I have had Liberty Mutual for my auto insurance since I was 21 years old (30 years now). I always believed they would have my best interests at hand. Wow, was I wrong. I have never had a parking ticket, speeding ticket, never been pulled over. Perfect driving record. I had one situation in April 2014 where my Nissan Murano sunroof exploded while driving up Rt. 7 toward Kent, Connecticut. (Yes, exploded, search the internet, it's been happening to all types of vehicles with sunroofs). I remember dealing with Liberty Mutual as to coverage for the glass, which was a $500 deductible, which I paid, but the remaining balance was like pulling teeth to get them to pay Nissan.

They did not want to pay the remaining balance and were trying to negotiate the price down with Nissan, Nissan didn't want to budge and looked to me to pay the additional monies on top of the $500 that I already paid. In the end, Liberty Mutual came up with very little money. This was the first experience that put a bad taste in my mouth. I remember that day telling myself, I am going to let Liberty Mutual know how I felt about this experience and then leave Liberty Mutual for good. Never did. Now, fast forward to today. A friend of mine asked for who I used for auto insurance. I told him I have had Liberty Mutual for 30 years.

My friend came back to me to tell me that the quote he was given by Liberty Mutual was ridiculously high and after researching found that Liberty Mutual had the 2nd highest rates out there. He called me back to tell me he saved $2,000 going with Allstate and I should give them a call. I called Allstate and gave them a copy of my current Liberty Mutual policy so they could see the coverage I wanted on my 2015 Nissan Rogue and a 16 year old Kia Spectra. The Allstate rep said she was shocked at what I was paying all this time that she even showed another Allstate colleague of hers. My policy was $2,700 a year at Liberty Mutual. Allstate quoted me $1,000 a year, with an upped property damage coverage. I just filled out the paperwork today for Allstate. Liberty Mutual goodbye forever!

My wife and I were hit from behind while stopped behind an unloading school bus. The driver was insured by Liberty Mutual. She was ticketed for inattentive driving. We were both sore and shaken up, but did not feel we required medical treatment. The damage was minor, but the jolt from the accident was not minor. My neck was sore and felt better after the 2nd day. The pain returned from time to time, and finally became a daily pain. I sought treatment from a chiropractor, and after numerous treatments, the pain has stopped.

The claim was submitted to Liberty Mutual, but was denied. They were rude, and very unresponsive when I left messages. They said the damage was not enough to warrant a claim, and I waited too long to get medical treatment. I waited because I am 65 years old, and I knew that recovery would take time, but when the pain got worse instead of better, I sought treatment. I have filed a complaint with our state's commissioner of Wisconsin and I am awaiting those results. I am only giving one star because that is the minimum.

I had someone hit and run me and the police hasn't been able to track down the person and the person hasn't appeared in court as ordered, so I contacted Liberty Mutual to see what I need to do in the event I can't get the other party to pay. I got an appraisal of the damage so I knew what I was dealing with going forward. The damage was minimal - $400 - my deductible is $500. It is all out of my pocket, Liberty Mutual is not paying one single cent. However, they go and report to an Auto Claim reporting agency/company that I put in a claim against my insurance. There was no payout by Liberty Mutual, but now there is a mark on my record that I have put in an insurance claim in the last 3 years and it is causing insurance quotes from other companies to be ridiculous.

I am in my sixties and have never had an accident in my life, and this one was a hit and run caused by another party, and I'm being penalized. When I first contacted Liberty Mutual about this hit and run, I asked if this would cause any problems with future insurance increases if I didn't end up putting in for a claim paid out by them, and they ASSURED me that it would not cause any increases. Now they are telling me I have to put in a dispute with the Auto Claim Reporting Agency to get the erroneous claim information - that they reported - removed from my driving history. The other insurance companies I have contacted for quotes tell me it is up to Liberty Mutual to remove this supposed claim from the records of the agencies they reported it to.

The agency they report to is LexusNexus and when you try to call them, you can't get a person, it's all voice prompts. It repeatedly asks for the same information over and over, even after it confirms the information that you have already told the prompts. When you go online to research LexusNexus, there are bad reviews about not being able to get a person to talk to, erroneous information in their records, and how the agency is such a scam. My interaction with Liberty Mutual from the beginning has been incredibly inconsistent with what they tell you and what they actually do. It's always an excuse with them. They apologize for someone giving you wrong information, and then turn around and screw you.

I cancelled my policy on my motorcycle due to I am selling it. When I got the policy I was told they charge more in the summer months as usage is greater. Now that I cancel they send me a bill stating their payments were wrong and they weren't charging me enough and now I owe them $163. I never even filed a claim with them. When I try to call them and dispute it I got a different story from every single person I talked to. The only thing that stayed the same was I owe them money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

If I could give them a negative number, I would! My son was hit by a young driver insured with Liberty Mutual. It was the other drivers fault (he admitted it and was ticketed for the accident). That was one week ago. I called them immediately after the accident to file the claim. I have not received any return phone calls since. The only correspondence is a letter I received stating that they will not pay for storage after one week from the accident. The towing/storage company, will not release my vehicle until I pay for the original towing and storage. They will not authorize a rental and are totally impossible to work with.

Liberty Mutual informed my Motor Vehicle Administration that I had been operating 3 vehicles without insurance for 5 months (on October 27th, 2016) after I had obtained other insurance. Liberty Mutual kept increasing my price for Auto and Home Owners Insurance. My Prudential Casualty Insurance was sold to Liberty Mutual in 2006. Starting in 2010, Liberty Mutual starting drastically increasing my insurance policies even though I had no auto accidents, no tickets or points on my driver's license, and no homeowner claims. My Liberty Mutual homeowners policy for 2016-2017 jumped $500.00, and my Liberty Mutual auto policy jumped $200.00.

I had previously read the September 2015 Consumer Reports article on The Truth About Car Insurance (3 times), and USAA and State Farm were rated very high. I reached out to my local State Farm agent, and was provided with a quote for a Million Dollar Blanket Policy on my home and automobiles. The cost was $400.00 less than my Liberty Mutual Insurance quote that had one third the coverage of the State Farm quote. I purchased the State Farm insurance for my home and automobiles that was effective June 1, 2016. I then telephoned Liberty Mutual June 4th, 2016 to cancel my policies. I told Liberty Mutual that I had obtained far greater insurance coverage for less money.

I was pulled over by Maryland State Police November 2nd, 2016 and asked for my driver's license and registration. I had done nothing wrong. The officer then told me he was taking the license plates off of my car for an insurance violation, and that I had 24 hours to remove my car from the side of the road. His car had a license plate scanner, and that is why he had stopped me (my tag showed there was an insurance violation with the Motor Vehicle Administration). I displayed my current State Farm insurance card, but he still took my tags. I had to have my car towed home (I was less than 4 miles away), and I telephoned the Motor Vehicle Administration the next morning.

The MVA told me that Liberty Mutual had reported to them that I was operating 3 vehicles with no insurance, and that the MVA had a case against me. I told the representative that I was insured with State Farm, and that I had canceled Liberty Mutual 5 months previously. She put me on hold for 10 minutes, and came back saying that the MVA was dropping the case against me as I was indeed covered with State Farm. I asked the MVA Representative why they did not check my account for insurance when they got the notice? She had no answer. I then asked for a letter stating that the MVA had made a mistake, and I was told they do not mail letters of that sort. I then went to the MVA where I was charged $20.00 for new tags (for their mistake).

In closing, Liberty Mutual had no right to inform the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration that I had been operating 3 vehicle for 5 months without insurance after I had canceled my policies with them.

These people committed fraud - the insurance company and the insure. I had a hit and run by some young kid. I had tons of evidence against him - pictures, times, texts. They sided with the kid as not to pay out. I tell this insurance company what I'll pay for lie detectors tests for all of us. Let's see who goes to jail for fraud? SCUMBAGS.

I was rear ended on the freeway in October of 2015 by a texter that was an uninsured driver. The body damage to my truck was a little over $1800, and mechanical damage was $600; that is a little over $2400. Liberty Mutual won't pay. It is now October, of 2016, a year since I had been rear ended on the freeway, and Liberty Mutual is trying to pay me a check for $321.71; and that is unacceptable! I have four vehicles insured, a boat, jet ski, and homeowners insurance through Liberty Mutual; or I did with Liberty Mutual as of July of 2016. Their loss for being a fraudulent company, not standing up for their customers. Also, in July of 2016, Liberty Mutual had been turned over to the Attorney General of Washington State and the insurance commissioners. Now, Liberty Mutual is now starting to realize I am serious, about being right! I want the correct amount to fix my truck or it war, because that is what paying for and having insurance is for.

I have had Liberty Mutual Auto since 2006. As of today, I was paying Liberty $500 a month for 3 cars. No more. I called to cancel my policy and was transferred to a case manager who would assist me. I was informed that my current premiums were base on "the old rating system," and that they would be happy to quote me a new premium using the "new rating system," which they assured me would be very competitive with my new insurance company. I explained to them that I was VERY disappointed to learn that there was two tiers of customer service, and that canceling my policy was the way I learned about it. I thanked the rep for finishing my cancellation. It must suck to be them.

I had auto insurance through this company as an AARP member and put my son on the policy. I was unaware that my son had two tickets. This company increased my auto insurance by approximately $1000 monthly for the two vehicles and refused to remove my son from my policy without proof he had his own policy. The increase was more than both car payments combined. The policy was canceled and the cost of insurance with the subsequent company resulted in a $500 annual decrease. My son obtained insurance on his car for a reasonable rate too. I will never seek coverage by this company again.

I've been insured with their company for four years. No claims, perfect drive record, excellent credit and very insurable cars. (Tahoe, Suburban, and two Escapes). My policy renewed first of November and premium went up over $100/Mo. When I called to ask why, they had no explanation. Went with another carrier (Pemco) for $150/Mo. less than my new premium with Liberty.

If I could give a negative rating, I would. I was hit by a Liberty Mutual customer who ran a red light. Once I was assigned a claims representative, it was impossible to get her on the phone, and I couldn't even leave a message because her voicemail was full...? Obviously not very professional. At some point after about a month of waiting around and nothing happening, they put a new person in charge of my claim without notifying me. Once I finally figured out who I was supposed to be talking to, I couldn't get him on the phone either.

I talked a random claims person into giving me the name and phone number of his manager, and (big surprise) she wouldn't answer the phone either. When I finally got her (because I called multiple times, not because she actually called me back), she said she would call me back within 30 minutes. Hours later I tried to call her and of course got voicemail. I have gone days and even weeks without receiving a call back from Liberty Mutual, no matter how many times I call.

Never in my life have I dealt with such ridiculous customer service. I have been driving a rental car for a month and a half and am still waiting on something to happen. I don't know if this is how they treat their own customers, but I do know that NOBODY deserves to be treated the way I have... especially after a wreck that was not my fault.

I was with Commerce insurance over ten years. 2013 shop for low rate insurance, find out lower rate from Liberty Mutual. After insured with Liberty for last three years my premium keeps going up more than I was before, decide to shop other insurance. Found low rate insurance. They canceled my insurance from Liberty to the new one. Unfortunately Liberty Mutual send me a bill of $440 for me canceling their insurance. Called several customer service representative. No one could tell me why Liberty mutual charge if their customer not satisfy with them. One customer service representative told me it is Liberty Mutual policy but they don't tell their customer when sign in to new premium.

Actual experience with Liberty Mutual. I've had my car & home insurance with Liberty Mutual since 1991. I have recently had issues with confusion about the discounts when updating my policy in September. With much frustration with them, they finally admitted they had "lost" my profile for discounts. FINALLY I thought things were straightened out. Last week a RightTrack monitoring device came in the mail offering discounts from 5%-30% just for using the monitoring device for 90 days. I WAS suspicious to say the least! I went online for both positive & negative reviews. I spoke to my son who ask if there was a third party involved. After weighing out pros and cons I contacted the company via email & addressed my concerns and privacy policies. SILLY ME I said I would decline the offer for a FUTURE possibly discount without full disclosure. BINGO, they text me the next morning INCREASING my annual policy by 5%!! No if, and,or buts!

I contacted customer service, resolution department, & President's Service Team. They will not budge about increasing my annual policy!! I ask why & they all said policy was based on me potentially complying to the device!!! WHAT THE WHAT? I read their info to them verbatim. Very deceptive, deplorable, & on & on is how I feel about this company. They did respond to a few questions. They ding you financially if you travel in rush hour, make sudden stops, accelerate to quickly entering freeway & on & on. You can't catch a break!! Now WHY on God's green earth would ANYONE agree to this willingly!!! Liberty Mutual Insurance has proven to me that RightTrack monitoring device would truly be judge, jury, and executioner!!! BEWARE.

I was a Liberty Mutual customer until my policy renewal came in June. The rates went up despite the fact I had not made any claims. When I spoke with a customer service representative at that time, they were unable to reduce the rates, so I said I was going to shop around and cancel. At that point, I was under the impression my policy was cancelled. Cut to today, I received a notice from a debt collector stating I owed money. I called Liberty Mutual and after speaking to three different departments, no one could help me. I finally gave up. I'm no longer a customer and I hope they realize the lifetime value they lost in giving up a customer of 8+ years.

I had a liability claim through another company and was looking for Liberty to subrogate to get the full amount requested. They assigned my case to a poor English speaking adjuster that didn't seem to get what we were trying to do. He was bartering with me on the costs of the items from the liability claim rather than using the replacement part of my policy and subrogating it to get the money back from liable company. It was a bad experience overall and I decided to switch to a different insurance company that is better at handling claims that are fairly straightforward.

My wife had a slight accident. I am talking scraping the bumper of another car. Liberty called us 3 times for the claim testimony, the claims department did not have their act together. We mentioned who we spoke to and told our story over and over again. At the renewal of the policy they increased our premiums by 33%. I was shocked, after home and auto loyalty for over a decade. I am so done with these sneaks. We are telling everyone we meet stay as far away from this company as possible. Accident forgiveness is a farce. By the way if you want accident forgiveness you have to pay a premium. They don't tell you that in their advertising. Someone needs to nail them on this.

I was hit from behind by a young driver covered under his parents' insurance through Liberty Mutual. It's now almost a week after the accident and Liberty Mutual has yet to accept liability despite a clear indication on the accident report that I was hit from behind and he was cited for following too closely. I have a claim number and no response. The Liberty Mutual employee has yet to talk to the driver. Unfortunately I have to use my own insurance, pay the deductible and hope to get it back or keep waiting to have my car back. Liberty Mutual does not work to resolve issues.

Never buy auto insurance from them. They are terrible. Very rude and irresponsible customer claims representative. I had a parking lot accident. Even though I had the right of way and the other driver backed out into my car, they didn't pay for the damage. Please never buy auto insurance from them.

I recently moved to Texas and had my renters insurance moved over. After a few month or so I noticed they were still charging for me old account. After being on hold for 10 min, they said they had created a second account a long time ago without me knowledge. They said they would refund for the more recent error but not the older error. Be very careful with them and monitor to make sure they don't open extra accounts on you.

So I have been with this sorry POS company Liberty Mutual for a month. In the timeframe I have had the policy I have it to file an auto and renters claim. Let start with the auto: Filed the claim, got a claim number. Got a check for $100 and some change because of my deductible and they said it was cosmetic. Got a call. They are stopping payment on the check. Got another call. Got another check in the mail for the same amount. Did the rental and got my car to the repair shop.

The repair shop told me when they call to verify if I had an auto claim. They didn't have anything on file for me so I had to send the body repair shop my appraisal from Liberty Mutual, then they didn't leave any paperwork with the repair shop and the repair shop didn't even know my car had been dropped off by Liberty Mutual towing company. And then the rental company calls, takes money out of my account because the rental has had no payment on it so I didn't know they cut that off.

Ok, Let's go to my renter's claim: The reason for the claim being filed is due me and my husband going through a separation. From MPD they advised me when he left the first time on 8/19/16 after 24 hrs or more he can consider the home as abandoned. Ok so a few days later I am out with son because he was starting school the next day and I come home. Of course my items are gone. So I called and filed it, got assigned to a gentleman who was working with me. So he told me I will have someone come out to do a full investigation. Ok no problem.

From day one the investigator was something else. She came to the appointment early, I was coming from work to come home to meet her and she told my daughter if I hadn't made in so many minutes she was leaving. WOW. Then we did our meeting she ask her questions, takes pictures, do her recording, etc etc. So then she asked me to supply her all this documentation. Well she wanted a copy of my phone records to see how much contact me and him had. I sent that to her that Friday about a week later from when she came out and that Monday she calls and ask "What are these other numbers listed and why have they been called so many times?"

Then I happen to go online yesterday and see that my claim was completed the day before. Now they say someone is suppose to call you every step of the way. "Do you think I got a call?" Then my daughter says I got a denial: The reason for the denial is that he came into the home and my daughter was there when he came in. Mind you we told her that my daughter works overnight, she woke up and saw he had moved things. So also if you are married don't file a claim because he lived in the home previously, this is not a covered peril and my adult daughter was there. So the claim was denied.

I am so pissed off with their experience and the fact I have a premium coming up that I will make sure I can find another insurance after next month. I wish I could a negative star. I am also calling the corporate office their number is 800-344-0197. I was a victim either way no matter that it was my husband, the report was filed with the police department as burglary and still nothing. That is just wonderful.

I was rear ended by a customer of Liberty Mutual back on June 30th of this year. I was assigned the claims adjuster Jane **. I never heard from her until I called her to inquire what information she needed for my claim. She immediately got defensive with me that she had "tried to contact" me only once vs. my several attempts to contact her. She NEVER returns phone calls. After several months and daily calls to Liberty Mutual as to my claim status I said enough is enough and DEMANDED to be assigned to either her supervisor or another claims adjuster. Ms. ** lied to me about several items, namely her "attempt" to contact the tow yard where my car is held and when I would get my settlement checks.

I ended up doing her job for her and making the necessary phone calls that Ms. ** should've made months ago (the tow yard had put my title into the Archives dept. because Ms. ** NEVER called them). So the new adjuster put a call through while I was on hold. The adjuster elevated my claim because of the date in which the accident happened. The tow yard and the new adjuster got that problem settled quickly. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB against Ms. ** for her utter refusal to do her job in any sense. I just spoke with another claims rep who, when I mentioned Ms. **'s name had replied "Oh yes, I had a complaint about her yesterday".

So I'm not the only one! If Liberty Mutual continues to allow Ms. ** to keep her job I would be very surprised. I've read other reviews on other websites regarding her inability to do her job, return phone calls, emails, etc. When a person needs the settlement money to purchase another vehicle time is of the essence. My new claims adjuster had NO idea that Ms. ** had literally dropped my claims and was refusing to do her job. When she looked at the date in which the accident occurred, she said "Oh! This happened way back in June!" Yes, it did. I'm waiting for my second check for the towing yard expenses and I'm done with this. If you get into an accident involving a Liberty Mutual customer and get assigned Jane **, do NOT accept it! Demand that you get another claims adjuster. Otherwise you will be just like I was...waiting forever for nothing to happen despite phone calls, emails, etc.

If I could have given Liberty Mutual ZERO STARS, I would have! I was rear-ended on 1-15-16 by a driver who was operating a borrowed vehicle (his mother's car) with a SUSPENDED LICENSE and "high". He totaled my car, rear-ending me on a RESIDENTIAL street, 500 ft. from a traffic light and 600 feet from a school, at 3:00 pm on a Friday. He hit me with such forceful impact that he put me up on a residential lawn, 2 ft. from a wrought iron lamp post. The rear frame of my car was bent beyond repair. I was injured in the accident, suffering severe whiplash and contusions on my right elbow and left leg.

Liberty Mutual was my carrier. I reported the accident IMMEDIATELY to their Claims Dept. Long story short, it took this sorry excuse for a company TWELVE WEEKS to settle the claim! Phone calls & emails went unheeded. No answer... For weeks! I was severely injured... No car... And no response from Liberty Mutual. This company is HORRIFIC! Do not believe their commercials! All they care about is the premium money. I was victimized twice: once by the driver of the other car, and 2nd, by my own insurance company. These people are REPREHENSIBLE! I am doing all I can to dissuade anyone from ever doing business with them. STAY COMPLETELY AWAY!!!

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.
  • Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.
  • Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual - Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.
  • Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.
  • Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.
  • Best for New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

Compare Auto Insurance