2. Automotive
Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto

4.0/5 (1439 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual offers several insurance types, including auto, rental and home, throughout the U.S. The company provides competitively priced home insurance, as well as add-on natural disaster coverage and discount options for new homes and policy bundling. Its user-friendly online platform makes it easy to request a quote and start a new policy.

Pros

• Discounts available
  • Many customization options
  • Affordable

Cons

• Customer service difficulties
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Liberty Mutual's auto insurance is ideal for those looking to buy affordable and customizable coverage online. The company offers an array of discounts and custom coverage options.

Top Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Verified

They have your best interests at heart. They always cover things I am not sure will be covered. Also the premiums remain pretty steady, so I don't have to go looking for a cheaper...

Verified

I had to sign up, pay and it was a great experience for me. I like the way you can talk to them about what happen and they listen. Liberty is a pretty good company… Feels like fam...

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Liberty Mutual car insurance?

Liberty Mutual is an insurance provider with a broad range of auto policy coverage and benefit options. It offers some specialized and add-on coverage and significant discounts, as well as a user-friendly online policy management system.

What does Liberty Mutual car insurance cover?

Liberty Mutual’s most affordable package offers typical car insurance: bodily injury liability, property damage liability and uninsured motorist coverage. This basic coverage meets most auto insurance requirements, but you can choose from several additional coverages to round out your auto policy. Liberty Mutual's add-ons include:

• Medical payment
  • New car replacement
  • Better car replacement
  • Gap insurance
  • Teachers’ insurance

Liberty Mutual car insurance quotes and costs

Liberty Mutual doesn’t disclose its car insurance rates online, but you can inquire about services and get a quote on its website. Your policy rates depend on your age, location, driving record and more. We requested a quote for basic coverage for a 20-something driver with good driving history, and Liberty's easy-to-use quote generator suggested a package as affordable as $94.25 per month. The company also offers lots of discounts, including:

• Personal discounts: Deals based on your current situation, e.g., good student and homeowner discounts. Liberty Mutual also offers up to 45% off if you renew your policy before the current term is over.
  • Automobile discounts: If your car has unique properties, like anti-theft or energy-saving features, you can get discounts.
  • RightTrack: By using this tracking device and app program, you can get discounts for safe driving.
  • Policy discounts: Liberty Mutual offers several discounts for those who pay upfront or online and those who purchase multiple policies at once.

You can get a quote by filling out a quick form on Liberty Mutual's website, and from there you can customize your insurance package to get the coverage you need.

Liberty Mutual car insurance FAQ

Does Liberty Mutual have cancellation fees?
Yes, but only if you cancel before the end of your policy term.
Can you cancel car insurance at any time with Liberty Mutual?
Yes, you can call Liberty Mutual to cancel your policy (remember to ask what the fees are for canceling early).
Can I pay for Liberty Mutual insurance with my credit card?
Yes, you can pay with your credit card on Liberty Mutual's website.
Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
Liberty Mutual auto coverage is available in 45 states, including Washington D.C.

Is Liberty Mutual car insurance good?

Yes, Liberty Mutual is a solid auto insurance company with relatively cheap rates and coverage you can customize to your needs. We like its easy-to-use website, its quote tool and the various discount options.

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual - Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The price is amazing and so much cheaper than the national leader with the same services. The customer service has been absolutely outstanding and the service is seamlessly integrated with Liberty Mutual's repair shops and adjusters.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Their policies are decent and the prices are too. In my area they’re cheaper than a lot of other insurance companies. They really do let you choose different types for your various needs such as boats and other vehicles. They were also wonderful during the pandemic of 2020.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Great rate for their homeowners. Cars another story. I am paying $400.00 less a month than I was paying them. That's a HUGE drop. I was paying them over $700.00 every month. Every company I got a quote from was literally $100s of dollars less than I was paying.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

We have used Liberty Mutual for the past 4 years and they have been nothing less than excellent. Their customer service representatives are knowledgeable, always with a wonderful demeanor, responsive to the issues I have called about, and most of all the listen. Without exception, when I hang up, I know that the situation has been resolved. I never have had to make a followup call.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Liberty's current advertising slogan is basically a scam. Several times during any day, it states "ONLY PAY FOR WHAT YOU NEED" while it's illegal for any insurance company to sell a coverage the customer doesn't want. In my opinion, the commercial violates the truth in advertising law that states, when consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it's on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. I don't know if anything can be done, but consumers should be made aware of this, especially if they're planning on purchasing insurance from Liberty because of the slogan and believe that Liberty is the only company that does this. Thanks.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I'll try to make this as simple as possible... I was a Liberty Mutual customer for 13 years. My auto insurance had slowly risen for three vehicles and two trailers to almost $7,000 a yr. I finally got up off my butt and did some research I got the same exact coverage from Arbella and saved over$ 2,600 a year. I can only imagine how long I've been taking this beating. I never really had looked into it because I had been under the impression, as a long time, well-paying customer, I would be appreciated .there was no way it could be any other way... I was wrong and I'm deeply disappointed. Don't bother with them... If they don't take advantage of you today they will eventually when you're not looking and don't expect it... And the new unaffiliated agent who found me that insurance said he sees that all the time with Liberty Mutual. So there you go do you need to really hear any more?

Original review: July 3, 2021

The commercials for this company are more than stupid. No point to them, absolutely no humor, not cute in the least, not even close to funny. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP WASTING MONEY ON THE STUPIDEST COMMERCIALS!!! Please.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Liberty Mutual added my grandchild to my policy without my authorization. They charged my bank account $685 for one month of coverage when she got her learners permit at age 17. This same coverage (young adults with learners permits) is offered free by many other insurance companies. I reported them to the Texas Insurance Commission.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Got our car stolen and retrieved one day later. Weeks and weeks later still waiting on Liberty Mutual to approve repairs. Liberty Mutual "specialist" will not return phone calls, texts, or emails. The repair total is only 2800. We pay over 900/mo in premiums for our vehicles. Liberty Mutual has no problem taking this kind of money but when asked to provide a simple approval you get nothing.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I filed a claim on a loss of of 7000.00 dollars. For parts, engine, Labor from the shop. I thought after my monthly payments for over 5 years for a special coverage that they would at least cover the parts like fuel, gaskets, shop supplies would be covered. THEY ARE NOT AFTER PAYING 1600.00 A YEAR. After 3 agents and tossed around to these agents I still had to keep on them to complete the claim. WOW. I cancelled. First time shame on me. There will not be a second time. Be warned. It's your money not theirs.

Liberty Mutual - Auto Company Information