Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Mutual offers competitively priced car insurance products along with special coverage options and discounts. Happy customers appreciate how easy it is to switch to Liberty Mutual from another provider. The company has an easy online platform to get a quote and sign up for a new policy.

PROS

• RightTrack good driving program
  • Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund helps you save up for your deductible
  • Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement

CONS

• Some customers experienced an increase in rates
  • Discounts not available in all states

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Liberty Mutual actually lowered my rates without any input from me; that is refreshing. My only regret is being under insured but rates are higher with other companies I compared so I guess that's on me. But they are making it more affordable and that's on them. :)

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Customer service can be slow and you have to stay on them to get a claim resolved. Follow up phone call are needed and if you don't your claim can be delayed. Other than that I'm happy with my insurance agent. He gets back to me in a timely manner and is always available to answer my questions.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

They do a good job--they process endorsement quickly, advance notice of payments, and if there is storms in our area they asked we have claim to report. Handle claims quickly and follow-up asking if there are any question or repair undone. They are available 24-7 and that is important. We are in our third year with them and will be staying.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I came to be a member of the Liberty Mutual family years ago. I had a previous insurance company that increase my policy due to my wife bad driving whom was on my policy. After learning of the increase I contacted Liberty Mutual and was given a great rate for the family. I have made a claim on my insurance company and they were very helpful in the process and finalizing the process. I feel they truly have done a great job for me.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had LM policyholder pull out in front of me and I hit him. They were absolutely great to me man. I was super nervous that they were going to somehow blame me for it. Not at all. They super nice from the first phone call. I believe Nicole was her name. Super caring and helpful. The claim adjuster Roger was freaking awesome too. Much love to Liberty Mutual for doing the right thing!! Much appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: March 24, 2020

3/24/2020. The Liberty Web Site & Sales personnel are average. It is the Liberty Mutual claims agents/representatives that I have a problem with. The claims agent that I spoke with was very abrupt and rude, I contacted him by phone 3 times all to no satisfaction. Also he never responded to my voice mail messages. Quite frankly he “passed the buck” every time I did make contact with him. I have filed 2 claims during the past 5 years, neither of which was settled. After talking to other insurance companies I was told that Liberty Mutual should have made an attempt at subrogation to settle my claims.

Liberty Mutual never sent a claims adjuster to my house to explain or analyze why my claims were denied, I think that is totally irresponsible. The latest TV ads insults people's intelligence by using an Emu to get their message across. The Liberty Mutual Commercial tells you that you pay only for what you need....guess what Liberty Mutual does not pay for anything when you need their help. Needless to say I switched insurance companies.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Paying for Ads more than insurance. What I want the company to tell me is how much of my premium is advertisements and what portion is for car insurance. Put the info on the TV screen at the bottom. Also the Emu ad is way too overbearing and aggravating. I can SAVE YOU is a deceptive lie. I would fire the marketing person who duped the company into paying for a commercial w/o good taste. If this person got a raise then get rid of mgr and save money - then you can have better rates with better coverage.

Original review: March 19, 2020

We've been customers since 2000. We just received a letter stating they will not renew with us. Their reasons were because we used our towing five times this last policy period along with claims made two policy periods ago, one of which was my sons car getting hit in a parking lot while he was inside the mall. Other than towing due to flat tires in Michigan we have had no claims in the past policy period. On top of being a loyal customer for 20 years, they send us this during a worldwide pandemic where people are already stressed out and getting sent home from their jobs. This is how they treat their loyal customers. So as long as you don't use the insurance you pay huge amounts of money for, then by all means sign up with this company. Nothing says we care about our customers quite like a kick to the curb after 20 years.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Very dishonest company, high premiums with 0 coverage, pure stress to deal with at the time when you need an insurance. Claim department will use every trick in the book to screw you and not pay out, they should not be allowed to run a business.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I would give zero stars if it was an option, mind you they showed their true colors immediately. Was quoted given rate. Told of all the perks however I needed to get signed up by midnight to get the following month waived. I was getting renters and auto with this policy. They separated the policy to reflect renters insurance which got the waived month $7 (wow). The auto was due the following month.

Upon looking at policy realized that there would be no coverage for about (6) days after I explained that was not an option. Phoned for a rewrite and the agent attempted to justify the whole interaction as a "mistake". Then the rewrite and the premium was actually going to be higher than the original.. If an insurance company SHOWS YOU WHO THEY ARE BELIEVE THEM!! I cancelled immediately. Decided to remain with previous insurance. The headache is just not worth it. The agent was also rude and dismissive during the interaction. Spreading the word on how horrible this insurance company is..

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Liberty Mutual expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Liberty Mutual - Auto has been insuring American drivers for more than 50 years. Their excellent financial rating demonstrates their ability to meet policy obligations in the event of an accident.

• Quick quotes: Start a quote in seconds and walk away with coverage in just a few minutes. The entire process is available online.

• Online policy management: Change, renew, upgrade or cancel a policy through the intuitive online user dashboard.

• Low down payments: Many insurance companies ask for a large portion of the total insurance premium up front, but Liberty Mutual Auto offers low down payment options to as many drivers as possible.

• Saved quotes: For those who don't have time to finish collecting a quote, there is a quick save function that allows them to recover their data at a later time.

• Convenient claims reporting: With both online and telephone claims reporting options, policyholders can use the method that is most convenient for them.

• Best for: New drivers, rate shoppers and multicar households.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor