2. Automotive

Liberty Mutual - Auto

Liberty Mutual - Auto
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Liberty Mutual offers many types of insurance including auto, rental, and home to customers throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Get a quote from Liberty Mutual and other verified companies by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Liberty Mutual - Auto Compare Quotes

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Compare quotes

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Compare quotes

Liberty Mutual - Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual - Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Mutual?

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have had both home and auto with Liberty Mutual for years and in the past 10 years have had nothing but bad experiences. I have only stuck around because I have a good relationship with my agent. (Kathy **) First was a two-year property damage claim that was denied. Of course premiums continue to rise even with no claims and no accidents or tickets, then during this descent pandemic, my wife who is a front line health care worker, had a rock hit her windshield. Previously this was a covered repair at no cost. This time however I was shuffled around and even told by their partner with Safelite that there was a possibility this could be covered considering what my wife does.

After this news was passed on to the regional rep, this all was dismissed as basically nonsense along with the fact that I could have been offered a zero-deductible policy for comprehensive damages. They are nonreachable at a corporate level unless you write a letter. Stay away from this company! They don’t care about America’s true heroes, only their borderline animal cruelty emu commercials and advertising at the customers' expense. I will be moving all policies to a new company tomorrow. I hope this reaches their Corp offices and all front line heroes out there!

Original review: May 7, 2020

A long time ago I had their car insurance. Got into a minor accident and they cancelled the car policy. They will not save you as that lame commercial with the bird that looks like animal cruelty. They will harm your car insurance just like that menacing bird appears to always doing that looks abused and forced to do the commercial. They say some of the bird is fake but it is as fake as them giving you reliable car insurance!

Original review: May 6, 2020

I cancel my insurance with Liberty Miriam since they changed my coverage and when I realized that they told me they didn’t changed it. Went to a cooperative that was giving much better premium for the coverage that I was looking for. Then they charged me almost three hundred dollars on cancellation fee. They are a ripped off- do not recommend them at all. They have higher premium and bad coverage.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I had a minor accident in June 2019. Both vehicle were stopped in a shopping center, waiting to make a left turn. I backed up a little to avoid the incoming traffic and hit the car behind me. I had no damage on my rear bumper and the other car had no obvious damage, either. I left many voice mails, emails and text message trying to find out the status of the claim and received no replies. Only today, I learned that my auto premium is more than doubled for the coming year. I am very disappointed how Liberty Mutual handled my case and apparently, paid out an inflated damage payment to the other party. Now I have to pay for it in the form of policy premium.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I received a quote online, they had me sign the policy, accepted my payment and two days later they changed my policy at a much higher rate. No one contacted me to discuss the matter. I immediately canceled the policy with them and am now awaiting my refund.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I just barely switched to Liberty Mutual from American Family and when signing up I specifically asked about roadside assistance, I was told that it was covered and the services were 100% covered. Yesterday evening after getting back from flying a kite with my 5 year old son, my keys came up completely missing, couldn't find them anywhere & I looked everywhere. So I called roadside assistance to have them come out to have a mobile locksmith make me a key and not only is it very inconvenient to have to do it through their app, I had to call back a 2nd time & speak with customer service agent and he told me I would be covered up to $100 any expense after that I would have to come out of my pocket.

My friend showed up and hung out with me & my son. I was really upset and frustrated because I couldn't find them even after pulling out the fridge, stove, went through my laundry basket, asking neighbors, going through the garbage, etc. Anyway about 2hrs goes by before I realized no one showed up yet for the assistance. I called back to find out from another agent that no help was coming and they wouldn't cover it. Thank god this happened at home and not on the side of the road or at a shopping center with my 5 year old son in the car with me. American Family covered this kind of stuff. I know because I had to call them when I lost my keys at a Chuck E Cheese's in Las Vegas, luckily my keys were found that time FINALLY at customer service and I was able to cancel the roadside assistance claim.

After the 3rd call to Liberty Mutual, I immediately emailed my American Family agent and I'm switching back first thing Monday morning although my rates were a bit higher, my peace of mind knowing someone will be there for me & my son and that they won't just leave me hanging is worth the $50 extra I have to pay. I'm so so glad & hit my knees & Thanked God this happened at home & not where we would be stranded. My friend ended up finding my keys in the bottom of a shoe after hearing me freaking out on the phone with the customer service agent. He thankfully found them while I was writing the email to my American Family agent. MORAL OF THE STORY IS DON'T USE LIBERTY MUTUAL, AMERICAN FAMILY WILL HAVE YOUR BACK IN A CRISIS MUCH BETTER.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I gave ALL my information and got a quote, and paid for 6 months. 3 days later and after I cancelled with my other company, WHAM, a 184 percent increase!!! Stating the same information I already gave them. I hope I'm able to get my money back, coverage starts in 3 weeks. DO NOT trust the on-line quote!!! They will change it.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Well Back in October of 2019, I was sitting at a light and got rear ended, but the person who hit me said someone hit them and took off. So the person who rear ended me didn't get a ticket. Also my insurance made me file a claim and pay the 1000.00 dollar deductible just to get my car fix and I was just sitting at the red light.. I feel like my insurance company didn't fight for me to get my money back for paying for the out of pocket or nothing. So hey I want a company who has my back.

Original review: April 18, 2020

So I opened up a policy with Liberty Mutual for 5 cars, max coverage and 2 homes. The initial agent quoted me for all 7 items and we decided to go through with it. Then, charged my account with outrageous prices, not even remotely closed to the estimated quotes he had given me. I had told him to send me the final prices BEFORE charging my account because I was still insured with another company. He still charged my account without telling me, I had not signed any documents yet. Then I tried calling, texting and emailing him. I kept asking for me him to explain why those prices, what was I getting coverage for, why did he charge my account when I specifically told him not to do that until he had given me final prices. I had to call the 1800 number in order to get my answers and finally cancel everything, because nobody understood what he had done.

At this point my homeowners policy cancelled with Liberty Mutual as well as the one I had previews to them. So I called the 1800 number again to re-instate my homeowners because at this point I didn't have insurance for my home anymore. I figured it'll be easier since they already have all my info, I'll just deal with a different agent. So, I am given a quote way more expensive than the one before, when I ask why - they say it's because I don't have home owners insurance anymore!!!! Which, I did not, because they cancelled both of my policies, so how in the world are you going to charge me more for something they did themselves?????

So then, I am connected with another agent from the same Liberty Mutual. At this point I've already talked to like 10 different agents from different departments to whom I had to explain everything, every single time. SOOOO this last agent, tells me that Liberty Mutual cannot insure my house because I have a diving board and a guard dog at my house????

Long story short, they insured me - then, uninsured me and left me without their insurance, without my previews insurance and wasted 3 weeks of going back and forth with them. On top of the fact that now I am waiting for all the refunds from the money they took out out of my bank account without authorization. Now whichever homeowners insurance I get, will charge me a lot more because I have no insurance at my house. I literally cried to the last agent from the frustration of how much they screw people over. I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend Liberty Mutual. They are a fraud!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I had auto insurance coverage, got a homeowners quote. I called to inform them of the closing date of homeowners and they went up $300/yr on the rate. Cancelled auto and home to go with another company, and they charged me a fee for cancelling my auto insurance with them. So I was charged for their poor customer service.

Liberty Mutual - Auto Company Information