Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About DentalPlans.com

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

DentalPlans.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: May 28, 2021

So, I went online to search dental plans and came across www.dentalplans.com also know as Dentegra. Sounded good. HOWEVER, after signing up I discovered I could get dental insurance through my employer four days later. I went online to cancel the plan which offered a 30 day Money Back Guarantee BUT NO! You can't just cancel online, you must call them and be subjected to a totally annoying speech which basically is meant to intimidate you into keeping the plan, otherwise known as customer retention. Then, once they agree to cancel your plan, you're put on hold FOREVER, while they "process your request".

Once they come back on the line you're told they'll credit everything EXCEPT for a $20.00 Non-Refundable Processing Fee. I told the representative that that was not acceptable as I only had the plan for four days and had never even utilized it. She told me she would AGAIN have to put me hold and check with her supervisor (no doubt in the hopes I would just hang up). She FINALLY came back on the line and told me that her supervisor would make an exception in this case and refund the $20.00 fee. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: May 8, 2021

Only participant I found was a dentist that offered their own personal plan for less money. Notified Dental plans Not to renew & they did anyway. They even renewed over a month before expiration. Showed my bank the paperwork & they reversed the transaction. Find a good dentist & negotiate a plan with their office or get the name of a good dental plan from them.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Had plan for one year and canceled and was charged again for another year. 199$. Only refunded 69$. They said they never received the cancellation so I was charge for the renewal and they still refuse to refund for payment. Very disappointed seeing I am not from this country I needed many translators to help but still no empathy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I purchased a dental savings plan based on the fact that my dentist was listed as participating in the plane on their website. When I went to do some serious dental work the dentist informed me that they do not to participate in any savings plans including the one I had purchased. I called the Dentalplans.com and they reached out to the dentist and confirmed that the dentist does not participate. However they refused to refund my money. They clearly misrepresented the plan and induce me to spend over $150 on a plan that was worthless to me.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

DentalPlans.com took $144 from my bank account last week without notifying me. They didnt ask if I wanted to renew nor did they even send a receipt for the deduction. I did not authorize this. I had a bill to pay but cant pay it now because they are holding my money. I used them in August. It wasnt time for billing. This is January. I closed this account. I will not use them again because they stole money from me without telling me anything. I am still waiting for my money to be returned. Im mad. Cant pay my electric bill because they took it. They should always ask the customer if they want to renew. Stealing is a crime.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I tried to cancel plan because the actual dentist cost is nowhere near the plans advertised costs & was told a supervisor or manager would call back. No one called back. I notified the BBB & they never contacted the BBB. Then they renewed the plan without my OK. Stay away.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I called as soon as I got a letter with new cards to cancel and they automatically charge $20 to cancel. It is not a reliable, honest company. Plus the discounts I got were not very much and the savings did not cover the cost of the plan. This is not a good product for the consumer. Be careful!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

They will NOT let you cancel your membership. When you call them you have several options. If you call to cancel, you need to "PRESS 5": It's a SCAM, because when you press 5, you never get to talk to anyone. I tried three times today 2/10/20, but each time I pressed 5, I waited 10 minutes on the phone and NO ONE ever picked-up. They don't respond to email and their "live chat" is NOT on. Since I don't want to renew my membership, I will file a complaint with the Florida BBB tomorrow, and I already told AMEX NOT to accept any charge from them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

DentalPlans.com renewed my membership without my permission! After asking them to remove my credit card from their site several times, they continued to save it as payment method and charged it without my permission. I do not have an automated renewal option on this plan. Had to contact my credit card to cancel and remove my card info. Also, they call every other day to remind me to renew my plan. That's no way to conduct business... I do not recommend DentalPlans.com!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I went through their site. They give you a price for a dental plan. As you're going through the process they give you a code for an additional 20% discount. When you get to the end and are ready to buy you use the code and BAM nothing taken off. I used the online chat to ask about this and was told the discount was taken off the plan on page one. They could offer no reason for giving a useless code. After reading these reviews it's nice to confirm they are the scam I thought they were.

DentalPlans.com author review by Cyril Tuohy

Since 1999, DentalPlans.com has been helping people afford high-quality dental care and procedures by connecting with them online to compare dental plans that fit their needs. DentalPlans.com provides consumers with a discount of 10 to 60 percent on most dental care procedures, boasts 100,000 participating dentists nationwide and over 30 plans to search.

• Plans by dentist: DentalPlans.com helps you search for a new dentist in your area that accepts your newly purchased dental savings plan by having you fill out a quick form including your zip code, type of dentist you need and the dental plan you have purchased. Additionally, if you already have a dentist you can find out which plans they accept.

• Plans by savings: DentalPlans.com will find the plan that saves you the most based on your location and who you are needing to provide dental care for. Once a plan has been suggested, you can view a price comparison showing what the price would be, with and without the plan, as well as the cost of the plan per year.

• Plans by procedure: If you are looking for an individual or family plan for a specific type of dental procedure, you can select from a list including, restorative, orthodontics, cosmetic, dentures and oral surgery. DentalPlans.com will show you a comparison of the top four plans in your area based on your selection.

• Live-chat: If you have any questions about how to choose a plan, how plans work or additional benefits, DentalPlans.com has a live-chat feature that lets you speak with a representative as you browse plans online.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

DentalPlans.com Company Information