3.95/5
  • 1 star
Based on 75 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 11, 2018

75 DentalPlans.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I did by a plan from another company that my dentist works with. I have had daily calls from Dental Plans 844-371-6504 after several times asking them to remove me from their call list. This has been going on for almost 3 months. ENOUGH ALREADY! They are no longer taking my calls to try to get this resolved. I have spoken (politely) with upper management, management, the phone call origination office, who promised me they were walking a note over to the IT programming person.

Hi William,

Thank you for your time and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It looks like your number was set to do not call. You should not be receiving any other calls at this time.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

When we first called a new dentist who had been recommended we talked to the receptionist. She told us about the DentalPlans and we called and enrolled. Best thing we ever did as we did not have dental insurance.

Hi William,

"Best thing we ever did" - what a compliment - thank you!

We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your dental savings plan, an affordable alternative to dental insurance, so much and saving on your dental care needs.

Thanks to your new dentist and thank you for your time and for sharing your experience with us. We wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I am quite pleased with the program. I had a procedure done and after the bill was prepared I asked if they had applied the discount. They had not and the difference was quite substantial. It reinforced that I made a good decision when I enrolled.

Hi Shelly,

Great job and way to be proactive - it's important to always confirm, before going, that your dentist accepts your plan and to ensure that they apply it when you are there.

So glad you did. And, the fact that the savings was that substantial - that's amazing!

Shelly, it makes us so happy to know you are loving your plan and saving.Thank you for your time. We wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Dental office does the work and gives the discount. No forms to fill out. Very easy to use. Both my wife and I have seen savings as a result of the Discount Dental plan and will continue to use it in the future.

Hi Robert,

That's great!

It makes us happy to know how much you and your wife are enjoying your plan, the ease of use, time spent at the dentist, and of course - the savings. That's so important and makes the overall experience that much better.

Thank you for your time and feedback,

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have had two different dental offices tell me that the pricing contained in the dental plans is excellent. I have been very pleased with the costs that I have paid for several procedures. Plus the cost of the dental plan is superior to that of standard dental plans.

Hi John,

Wow, two separate dental offices confirmed that? That's great and certainly helps to validate your purchase!

It makes us happy to know how pleased you are with your plan, finding it to be "excellent," and how much you are enjoying the savings - that's a huge help.

Thank you for your time - keep smiling,

The DentalPlans.com Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Dr ** is a great dentist and reasonable in price. I had an implant this year. Great plan. Wish more dentists accepted plan. For the basics is good coverage with some savings on implant. Price of insurance is reasonable. Also covers everyone in household for one price.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your time and feedback.

It makes us so happy to know how much you are enjoying your plan, time spent at the dentist and of course, the savings. We are sure that was helpful with your recent implant.

Brenda, we are always working to expand our network of more than 100k dentists so that we can better serve our members like you.

Thank you again - keep smiling and saving,

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

As to experience: I get reduced rates at the dentist for cleanings and, if needed, other treatment. So far, you're doing better than me. What I pay you just equals what I spend at the dentist. No net gain at all.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your time and feedback. And, thank you for being a loyal plan member for more than 11 years now - that is incredible and we are so grateful for members like you!

It seems you are really enjoying your plan, but would like to save more.

We would love to speak with you to learn more and discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits.

For example, did you know that many plans provide additional savings on prescriptions, vision and hearing care (exams, lenses, frames, hearing aids) and other health services?

Your review has been submitted to our customer care team and someone should be reaching out soon.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My dentist has discounted her billings for my routine cleanings and check ups. I believe the discounts have fully offset my annual DentalPlans fees. Fortunately, I've not required any major work by my dentist or a specialist.

Hi Samuel,

That's great!

It certainly is helpful when you receive savings on your dental care - from routine check-ups and cleanings, to major dental procedures.

And, it's a good thing you are taking such great care of your teeth as oral health is linked to overall health.

Thank you for your time and always here when you need us,

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

The total discount on my first trip to the dentist was more than enough to cover the 1st annual premium. During the first two years of coverage the discount/savings amounted to several hundred dollars the first year and well over $1,000.00 the second year... I was pleasantly surprised.

Hi Carl,

Hundreds...then one thousand saved...and your savings surpassed the cost of your plan in one visit? Wow, that is amazing and a lot of savings!

We are so glad to hear you are really enjoying your plan and saving on your dental care needs. That's so important and a huge help.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for being a loyal member.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Love this Dental Plan, no forms to fill out, accepted by numerous dentists and the cost is affordable. Although this is not dental insurance, I know it has saved me money for all of the dental work I have had done over the years since becoming a member.

Hi Richard,

We couldn't have said it better ourselves!

It makes us so happy to know how much you are enjoying your dental savings plan, an affordable alternative to dental insurance. And, we are so glad you are finding a lot of dentists in your area that accept your plan, having a great experience and, of course, saving on your dental care needs.

Thank you for your time and for being a loyal member - keep smiling and saving,

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I had a great dentist in FL that took my plan. However in Savannah there are no good dentists on the plan. I am told I can switch plans when I find a new dentist. There are many plans to choose from and selecting the dentist comes first. The rate reduction was very good and the plan paid for itself.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your time and review.

Wow, the plan paid for itself - that is amazing! We are so glad you enjoyed your plan, the savings and dentist while living in Florida.

Now, that you are in Savannah, we would love to help locate some dentist for you.

It seems you are already looking into this, but just in case you need our assistance, your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I love the dentist. She does a great job cleaning the teeth. But I still find it expensive going 3 times a year. The office is very clean and the help is very nice. I always find the wait is never too long before I am seen.

Hi Betty,

It makes us so happy to know how much you are loving your plan, the savings, and your time spent at the dentist - that's so important.

Betty, we know dental work can be costly and would love to speak with you to discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits, saving you more in the process.

Keep smiling,

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

DentalPlans is excellent in that there is no maximum for the year. Does provide savings with no hassle. Discount could be higher for routine care. Have had it for 2 years now. No pre authorization required. Recommend over dental insurance. Good plan.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your review and kind words. It seems you are really enjoying your dental savings plan - an affordable alternative to dental insurance - the ease of use and, of course, the savings!

And, you are right - there are no paperwork hassles, health restrictions or annual limits.

Kathy, we would love to speak with you to discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits, saving you more in the process.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I hadn't been to the dentist in 5 years... due to financial circumstances. I went 3 months ago and got my teeth back on track thanks to DentalPlans.com. I'm wearing a partial dental plate for the rest of my life... but my gums are in good shape and I will maintain proper dental health from here on in.

Hi Kevin,

That's great!

It's so important to take care of your oral health as it is linked to your overall health.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your plan and getting the dental care you need and deserve, when you need it (without the wait). Kevin, we are always here when you need us.

Thank you for your time and keep smiling,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I saw their reviews and endorsements and it looked like a good deal so I signed up. I then went to their website and found some local doctors that used their plan- according to DentalPlans.com. I called the dentists- 3 of them- and all three told me they no longer took the plan. So I called DentalPlans.com and their comment was - "Yeah- I show we have not had any contact with those offices in over 14 months." Their solution-- keep calling different offices to see if they are accepted. So my time and efforts are of no value to them and they certainly do not take the time to check with the dental offices to see if their plan is still accepted. I would not waste the time, energy and money!

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about your experience, apologize for any inconvenience, and that your dentist was no longer honoring the fee schedule - we can understand your frustration.

We certainly pride ourselves on providing members with the information and tools they need. This extends to updated dentist information.

James, we would love to speak with you to learn more and see what we can do to resolve this/create a better experience for you.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I signed up for a plan for my daughter that supposedly had the dentist we wanted near her college but then after getting an appointment we found out the dentist was not located at that particular office and was in fact in the next town. Also the location we wanted did not accept discount dental plans. Today it took over 30 minutes to get through on DentalPlans customer service number and when they finally transferred me to the right department, "Ken" had an attitude. And they will deduct $20 as their "processing fee". Lots of wasted time, effort and money.

Hi Richard,

First and foremost, we are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your daughter.

We pride ourselves on providing members with a great customer service experience and with accurate information/the information they need. We are sorry to hear your experience was less than favorable and will look into this further.

Wishing you all the best,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

It’s difficult to cancel the membership. They will automatically put in your auto renewal list and your credit card is charged without giving you notice that they are going to charge it. Furthermore if I cancel, they say it’s going to be cancelled at the end of the membership year. NO immediate cancellation or refund for the remaining part of the year. I have 9 more months to go and I should remember it next year on the date of enrollment to call up and verify. So, that I can dispute the transaction with the credit card company.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your time and review.

And, thank you for being a loyal plan member for more than 3 years now - we must be doing something right.

Vinay, like we always have for your plan and do for other members, to avoid a lapse in your membership and savings, we automatically renew your plan up to 30 business days prior to your expiration date.

However, we send several communications, such as via email, hard copy letters, etc., regarding this and many weeks prior to the renewal to keep you informed and aware in case you need to make any necessary changes. If for some reason you feel you are not receiving them please let us know.

Vinay, we are sorry to hear you want to cancel your plan and we would be sad to see you go. We would love to speak with you to learn more and see how we can further assist you.

Thank you - we wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

As a 15-year member of this outfit, I have finally had enough! When you start out, for the first few years if memory serves, they give you discounts and 3 months for free. Now, I guess they assume you are 'hooked' and offer you nothing. But the most aggravating part of all is the PROCESSING FEE! $20, EVERY YEAR! When you ask for an explanation of this, all they will tell you is that it is a processing fee. I have dealt with thousands of companies over the years, I have never been asked for a processing fee! Especially after being a customer for 15 years, exactly what are you processing??? Well, I figured out a way to save the processing fee; CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!

Hi Herb,

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention.

First and foremost, thank you so much for being a longtime, loyal plan member. That means a lot to us and we are so grateful for members like you.

Herb, we pride ourselves in providing members with a great experience and we certainly want to create a better one for you. As for the 3 months free, we do offer that from time to time (just had one, but it is not a common promotion we do). However, we do offer several great promotions for not only new members, but for members when they renew their plan early/during a sale (we usually have a few each month). If for some reason you are not receiving our communications regarding that, please let us know.

Herb, we understand your frustration about the processing fee. Know that applies to all members and it is applied to all enrollments and renewals. This fee helps to keep costs down so you may continue to experience the benefit of a low plan cost and membership perks, such as your online member’s area.

Herb, we would hate to see you go and would love to speak with you and see what we can do to create a better experience for you. Your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I had noticed that my checking account was charged a fee of 220.00 dollars for a dental plan through DentalPlans.com. The problem that I have encountered is, I never signed up for the plan. I have a dental plan through my employer that cost 6 dollars a month. The other problem I have encountered with DentalPlans.com is when I called to cancel the plan I was told that there was a 20 dollar cancellation fee and that I would not receive my money back until 14 to 20 days. I don't understand how my personal information was entered without my consent because I never signed up for the dental plan through DentalPlans.com.

Hi Tonya,

Thank you for feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the experience you with one of our marketing partners. We have ended our relationship with that partner.

In the meantime, it does look like you were issued a full refund. If for some reason you are not seeing that reflected on your account, please let us know.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I signed up online for a one year membership. It took 3 weeks to receive the membership materials in the mail. When I called to cancel they insist I had 30 days from the online joining date to receive a refund not from when I received the materials. Thus no refund. The dental practice I contacted uses two different fee schedules. I had requested the dentist with the lower schedule. At my appointment they switched both my husband and I to the higher priced dentist. So now twice we have been ripped off! Do not do business with this firm.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your reviews (we saw this one in a few places).

And Cheryl, although this is not about your experience with DentalPlans.com, we are sorry to hear about your issue at the dentist.

We looked into this and it looks like the team was able to resolve this for you by switching you to another plan your dentist does accept to help you enjoy even greater savings. And, you also discussed together other ways in which you may be able to maximize savings even more.

Cheryl, now that your issue has been resolved, would you like to re-evaluate your experience with us by updating your star-rating? Know that all reviews, good or bad, are published and able to be viewed by the public upon submission. Stars help to indicate how satisfied you are with these services - with 5 being the best.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The discounts are great. But once you come close to your renewal time, or go past your commitment period, they call you Every Single Day, sometimes twice a day. If I have major dental problems, I will use them again, but since I usually have no issues with my teeth, I do not need to be on their plan (until something happens again that requires a crown, or major dental expenses). Calling me every day does not improve your chances of signing me up again.

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback.

And, we are sad to see you go, but wish you all the best with your dental care needs! It was already noted in your account/set to "do not contact" so you are all set - we apologize for any inconvenience.

Always here when you need us.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

On 7/24/17 I enrolled online in a dental discount plan and paid by credit card. My membership ID is **. The Website promised me 7/24/17 that I would receive a membership card by mail within 10 days. When I did not receive the membership card within 10 days, I phoned Member CARE on 8/3/17 at 800-494-9294 and was told a different story, namely, that I had to wait 10 BUSINESS days. On 8/3/17 I also presented the problem to Dental Plans by email. When I did not receive the membership card within 10 BUSINESS days, I again phoned Member CARE on 8/8/17 at 800-494-9294 and was told to wait 1 more day. They offered me the option to print a membership card at home, but my printer has run out of ink, and a new ink cartridge would cost me $120. I am very dissatisfied with the slow service and broken promises of Dental Plans.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it and apologize for any inconvenience.

Barry, it does look like a card was sent to you in your member kit. However, we are going to send another one your way.

Thank you for your patience. We certainly strive to create a great experience for all members including delivering on our promises and expediting our services.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: May 19, 2017

DentalPlans.com has helped considerably with what the dental offices charge. Without the added dental plan it would be a much more of out of pocket dollars for me. It is like an added insurance that benefits you especially if you are having extensive dental work to be done.

HI Patricia,

Thank you for your review.

And, don't mind if we agree! We are so glad you are enjoying your plan and saving considerably on your dental care needs. That makes us so happy.

Wishing you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: May 15, 2017

So far I have been mostly satisfied with my plan, which has saved me about half on over $10,000 worth of dental work I'd needed for so long but was unable to afford. I am, however, extremely disappointed that dental implants are not covered, which means I will have to continue living with my unsightly (and difficult to chew with) gaps where teeth should be. Please consider adding coverage for this very necessary procedure in your plans. Thanks.

Hi Rachel,

We are so glad you are satisfied with your plan - saving you more than $5,000 on your dental work - that is incredible and makes us so happy!

Regarding dental implants, some of our plans actually do provide discounts on dental implants. We would love to speak with you to further discuss and explore the plans that do.

Rachel, your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly.

The DentalPlans.com

Original review: May 13, 2017

I have used this plan for several years and am satisfied. The dental fees that I had over the years has saved me money. I really appreciate using the dental plan and feel better that I have this plan. I get a discount on my cleaning and other dental procedures that I need.

Hi Linda,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal member for almost 6 years now! We are so grateful to members like you.

That's fantastic - we are so happy to hear you are really enjoying your plan, feel better that you have one and saving money on your dental care needs.

Thanks for your time and keep smiling,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 30, 2017

I'm satisfied with the plan I purchased from Dental Plans after I retired. I needed something to fill the gap of losing my dental coverage when I retired and this plan has done that. I would recommend it to others. I've had my teeth cleaned, X-rays taken and a new crown to replace an old one.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your time and review.

We understand the need for affordable dental care while living on a fixed income/not receiving all the necessary dental benefits when retired.

We are truly glad to hear you are enjoying your plan and that you are able to get the dental care you need and deserve, including your cleaning, x-rays and new crown. That's great!

Christine, thanks again and keep smiling,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 29, 2017

I took a chance in trying out one of your discount plans. My dentist took the plan and I received discounts immediately. The following year I had extensive work done and that's when I really appreciated the discounts I received on each procedure. Your plans are great for people like me who don't have dental insurance. It's just as good if not better! Also extremely helpful is your website that gives you a list of the dentist that do accept your dental plans with location and telephone numbers so that you can verify.

Hi Nancy,

Wow, it seems like you are really enjoying your plan and saving on your dental care needs - that is awesome and makes us so happy!

We agree, dental savings plans are an affordable alternative to dental insurance and a huge help for many. We are so glad you are getting the information and care you need and deserve and of course, saving in the process.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We wish you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

Original review: April 26, 2017

Great savings for an affordable price. Never any problem at the dentist when using the plan. I have recommended the plan to friends and family. Customer care representatives are always pleasant and efficient when I call with any questions. Very satisfied with this discount plan.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your review and for recommending us to your family and friends! We really appreciate it.

And, we are so glad you are so satisfied with your plan - finding it to be affordable, easy to use, enjoying the great customer service and of course saving on your dental care needs.

Keep smiling,

Original review: April 26, 2017

My husband and I use our plan membership twice a year for check ups, and the occasional need for dental work. Our dentist has no problem with accepting our membership and always give us substantial discounts, which far exceed the cost of the plan.

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad you and your husband are really enjoying your plan, finding it easy to use and saving substantially on your dental care needs! That is wonderful and don't mind if we agree when you say the discounts far exceed the cost of the plan.

Thank you for your time and for being loyal members. We wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 25, 2017

Dentist is the best. He is caring and thorough. Makes you feel at ease and he explains the process to you so that you know what to expect. His dental skill are impeccable. Waiting times are no more than 5 to 10 minutes. His hygienists are skilled and also have a good bedside manner.

Hi Dolores,

That is great! It seems you are really loving your plan and experience at the dentist - that makes us very happy to know you are in good hands and being treated so well by the dentist himself and staff.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

DentalPlans.com Company Information

Formerly Named:
8100 SW 10th St, Suite 2000
Plantation
FL
www.dentalplans.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use