4.29/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

56 DentalPlans.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I signed up online for a one year membership. It took 3 weeks to receive the membership materials in the mail. When I called to cancel they insist I had 30 days from the online joining date to receive a refund not from when I received the materials. Thus no refund. The dental practice I contacted uses two different fee schedules. I had requested the dentist with the lower schedule. At my appointment they switched both my husband and I to the higher priced dentist. So now twice we have been ripped off! Do not do business with this firm.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your reviews (we saw this one in a few places).

And Cheryl, although this is not about your experience with DentalPlans.com, we are sorry to hear about your issue at the dentist.

We looked into this and it looks like the team was able to resolve this for you by switching you to another plan your dentist does accept to help you enjoy even greater savings. And, you also discussed together other ways in which you may be able to maximize savings even more.

Cheryl, now that your issue has been resolved, would you like to re-evaluate your experience with us by updating your star-rating? Know that all reviews, good or bad, are published and able to be viewed by the public upon submission. Stars help to indicate how satisfied you are with these services - with 5 being the best.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The discounts are great. But once you come close to your renewal time, or go past your commitment period, they call you Every Single Day, sometimes twice a day. If I have major dental problems, I will use them again, but since I usually have no issues with my teeth, I do not need to be on their plan (until something happens again that requires a crown, or major dental expenses). Calling me every day does not improve your chances of signing me up again.

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback.

And, we are sad to see you go, but wish you all the best with your dental care needs! It was already noted in your account/set to "do not contact" so you are all set - we apologize for any inconvenience.

Always here when you need us.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

On 7/24/17 I enrolled online in a dental discount plan and paid by credit card. My membership ID is **. The Website promised me 7/24/17 that I would receive a membership card by mail within 10 days. When I did not receive the membership card within 10 days, I phoned Member CARE on 8/3/17 at 800-494-9294 and was told a different story, namely, that I had to wait 10 BUSINESS days. On 8/3/17 I also presented the problem to Dental Plans by email. When I did not receive the membership card within 10 BUSINESS days, I again phoned Member CARE on 8/8/17 at 800-494-9294 and was told to wait 1 more day. They offered me the option to print a membership card at home, but my printer has run out of ink, and a new ink cartridge would cost me $120. I am very dissatisfied with the slow service and broken promises of Dental Plans.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it and apologize for any inconvenience.

Barry, it does look like a card was sent to you in your member kit. However, we are going to send another one your way.

Thank you for your patience. We certainly strive to create a great experience for all members including delivering on our promises and expediting our services.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: May 19, 2017

DentalPlans.com has helped considerably with what the dental offices charge. Without the added dental plan it would be a much more of out of pocket dollars for me. It is like an added insurance that benefits you especially if you are having extensive dental work to be done.

HI Patricia,

Thank you for your review.

And, don't mind if we agree! We are so glad you are enjoying your plan and saving considerably on your dental care needs. That makes us so happy.

Wishing you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: May 15, 2017

So far I have been mostly satisfied with my plan, which has saved me about half on over $10,000 worth of dental work I'd needed for so long but was unable to afford. I am, however, extremely disappointed that dental implants are not covered, which means I will have to continue living with my unsightly (and difficult to chew with) gaps where teeth should be. Please consider adding coverage for this very necessary procedure in your plans. Thanks.

Hi Rachel,

We are so glad you are satisfied with your plan - saving you more than $5,000 on your dental work - that is incredible and makes us so happy!

Regarding dental implants, some of our plans actually do provide discounts on dental implants. We would love to speak with you to further discuss and explore the plans that do.

Rachel, your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly.

The DentalPlans.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: May 13, 2017

I have used this plan for several years and am satisfied. The dental fees that I had over the years has saved me money. I really appreciate using the dental plan and feel better that I have this plan. I get a discount on my cleaning and other dental procedures that I need.

Hi Linda,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal member for almost 6 years now! We are so grateful to members like you.

That's fantastic - we are so happy to hear you are really enjoying your plan, feel better that you have one and saving money on your dental care needs.

Thanks for your time and keep smiling,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 30, 2017

I'm satisfied with the plan I purchased from Dental Plans after I retired. I needed something to fill the gap of losing my dental coverage when I retired and this plan has done that. I would recommend it to others. I've had my teeth cleaned, X-rays taken and a new crown to replace an old one.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your time and review.

We are truly glad to hear you are enjoying your plan and that you are able to get the dental care you need and deserve, including your cleaning, x-rays and new crown. That's great!

Christine, thanks again and keep smiling,

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 29, 2017

I took a chance in trying out one of your discount plans. My dentist took the plan and I received discounts immediately. The following year I had extensive work done and that's when I really appreciated the discounts I received on each procedure. Your plans are great for people like me who don't have dental insurance. It's just as good if not better! Also extremely helpful is your website that gives you a list of the dentist that do accept your dental plans with location and telephone numbers so that you can verify.

Hi Nancy,

Wow, it seems like you are really enjoying your plan and saving on your dental care needs - that is awesome and makes us so happy!

We agree, dental savings plans are an affordable alternative to dental insurance and a huge help for many. We are so glad you are getting the information and care you need and deserve and of course, saving in the process.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We wish you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

Original review: April 26, 2017

Great savings for an affordable price. Never any problem at the dentist when using the plan. I have recommended the plan to friends and family. Customer care representatives are always pleasant and efficient when I call with any questions. Very satisfied with this discount plan.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your review and for recommending us to your family and friends! We really appreciate it.

And, we are so glad you are so satisfied with your plan - finding it to be affordable, easy to use, enjoying the great customer service and of course saving on your dental care needs.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My husband and I use our plan membership twice a year for check ups, and the occasional need for dental work. Our dentist has no problem with accepting our membership and always give us substantial discounts, which far exceed the cost of the plan.

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad you and your husband are really enjoying your plan, finding it easy to use and saving substantially on your dental care needs! That is wonderful and don't mind if we agree when you say the discounts far exceed the cost of the plan.

Thank you for your time and for being loyal members. We wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: April 25, 2017

Dentist is the best. He is caring and thorough. Makes you feel at ease and he explains the process to you so that you know what to expect. His dental skill are impeccable. Waiting times are no more than 5 to 10 minutes. His hygienists are skilled and also have a good bedside manner.

Hi Dolores,

That is great! It seems you are really loving your plan and experience at the dentist - that makes us very happy to know you are in good hands and being treated so well by the dentist himself and staff.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

Original review: April 24, 2017

The plan works as advertised, pays for itself with just the 4 cleanings I have a year, and saves even more when I need a crown, etc. I like the dental discount plans far better than the dental insurance with its $1000 or $1500 annual caps I used to have.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your review.

Dental savings plans are an affordable alternative to dental insurance with NO annual limits, health restrictions and paperwork hassles, plus members can start saving immediately.

We are so glad you are enjoying your plan and able to get the dental care you need and deserve, like the four cleanings per year or larger procedure like a crown, at an affordable price. That is so helpful and important.

Thank you for your time and for being a loyal member,

Original review: April 24, 2017

Because we are using your plan, we can go to the dentist we LOVE. Thank you. You are easy to work with, now that we understand all the various options. Thanks for the early bird renewal discount. It is easy to take advantage of the discount because of the phone and email reminders.

Hi Andrea,

No, thank YOU for being a loyal member and for sharing your experience with us!

We are so glad you are really enjoying your plan and that the dentist you love accepts it - that's so helpful and important. And, it's great that you are taking advantage of the renewal discounts early so you can enjoy even greater savings.

Thanks for your time and keep smiling,

Original review: April 24, 2017

I went online and also called when I found the plan I was looking for (My husband) last year. We're very satisfied with this plan. It's actually better than paying a high price for dental insurance, as we would be paying much more per year. Thank you.

Hi Linda,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal member for more than 8 years now! We are so grateful for members like you.

And, don't mind if we agree! A dental savings plan is an affordable alternative to dental insurance and a huge help for many.

We are so glad you and your husband are really enjoying your plan and saving a lot of money on your dental care needs. That is so important.

Thank you for your time and keep smiling,

Original review: April 24, 2017

The yearly fee is so low, that I saved money on my first visit to the dentist. You would be silly not to use DentalPlans.com. It has helped save my family so much money!! Every time you go to the dentist, you will save money. It makes going less stressful! Definitely would recommend to a friend!

Hi Wendy,

Saving so much money and even on the first visit? That's great! With a dental savings plan, members can save on every visit at the dentist.

We are really so glad you are happy with your plan, that your family is saving a ton of money and that your experience is now a less stressful one! Peace of mind like that is so important.

Wendy, thank you for your time, for recommending us and for being a longtime loyal member.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I have always had a positive experience with the dentists that are with the Dental Plan network. I have had regular and affordable dental health care and was able to get a crown that was needed and the work the dentist performed was top notch.

Hi Ellen,

It makes us so happy to know how happy you are with your dental savings plan and overall experience both with your plan and at the dentist! That is so important.

And, we are glad you are getting the dental work you need done when you need it and of course, at an affordable price. That's just great.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and keep smiling,

Original review: April 22, 2017

Representative could not assist me and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisor was unavailable and when he finally transferred me over to one, I was put on hold for a long period of time, and finally gave up. I have been a member for at least four years and have never experienced such poor service from your company.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience! We are looking into this further and would love to speak with you to learn more/work to resolve your issue.

Regarding the processing fee, it is applied to all enrollments and renewals. This fee helps to keep costs down so you may continue to experience the benefit of a low plan cost and membership perks, such as your online member’s area.

Your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly.

Josephine, thank you so much for your patience and for being a valued, loyal member.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My visits with the dentist have always been very pleasant. He is knowledgeable and so are his employees. The dental office is very accessible to me and the surroundings are neat and clean. The receptionist is always very helpful, esp. with dental fees and plan coverage.

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your review.

It seems you are really enjoying your plan and your experience at the dentist. We are so glad you are happy and the staff are pleasant, helpful and providing you with a great experience.

Original review: April 22, 2017

When I moved to Florida I was in need of new everything, be it doctors and dentists. When I went to the dentist it became apparent that I needed a tooth removed and a root canal performed. Unfortunately when I retired my dental coverage ended. Here I am now facing a couple of fairly large bills and my insurance gone. The receptionist told me about this company, not insurance, but providing discounts on dental work. I called them and it seemed to me that the cost of joining was very inexpensive. I joined, the discount was applied to my first visit, and had to see another dentist for the root canal.

To make a long story short, when I was handed the bill for this dentist I found that the cost of the procedure was half of what I expected. These great results were made even better when one of the dentist did not take the coverage from the company I was assigned to. I simply called DentalPlans and they switched the coverage to another company that the dentist would accept on the spot. To me those kinds of things make the coverage a no-brainer.

Hi Stanley,

Wow, we just got the chills reading your post. your large bill cut in half - that is absolutely amazing!

We understand the need for affordable dental care while living on a fixed income/not receiving all the necessary dental benefits when retired. And, we are so glad you were able to get the dental care you need and deserve without the wait and at an affordable price. And, did you know, many plans provide additional savings on prescriptions, vision, and hearing care (exams, lenses, frames, hearing aids) and other health services? If you'd like to learn more, please call us at 1-855-240-3307

Stanley, thank you for being a loyal member for almost four years now. So glad we were able to help you. Whenever you need us, we are always here.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I found a good Office and they working with the Dental Saving Plan. I will save Thousands of Dollars for my Treatment and it's great - I pay for the Plan only 1x/ Fee in the Year. Before I was insured with a regular Insurance; paid $45 per Month and they paid only my Cleaning 2x/Year.

Hi Elke,

Thousands of dollars in savings on your dental treatment - wow, that is incredible! We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying your plan and experience at the dentist.

Thank you for your time. We wish you a lifetime of smiles and savings,

Original review: April 22, 2017

Since I don't have dental insurance and feel that it is too expensive for older people like myself, I have confidence that I am saving money using DentalPlans. I usually save enough at one appointment (2X yearly exam and teeth cleaning) to pay my annual premium. In my opinion, it is a win-win proposition for me! I will definitely continue to renew my coverage annually.

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for your time and review.

We are glad you are really enjoying your dental savings plan and saving on your dental care needs. That is so helpful and important that you are getting the care you need and deserve - no matter what age.

Thanks for being a loyal member, for almost five years now. We wish you a lifetime of smiles...and savings.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My experience with the DentalPlans: I found a great dentist, ** Dr Hall DDS, that is under your plan. I have been treated like family with them. And the prices of the services are within my limits and I've had good results.

Hi Kathleen,

That is fantastic and makes us so happy!

We are so glad you are enjoying your plan - loving your dentist, the experience at the dentist (being treated like family), saving on your dental care needs and of course, enjoying amazing results.

Original review: April 22, 2017

This plan is very easy to use, and the people in the office you talk to are very polite and helpful on the phone. The dentists we've used from the plan are also very competent and personable. I just wish more services were covered and the payments were a little higher. Dental work is very expensive these days, and the amount covered is not significant to the total charged.

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your feedback - we really appreciate it.

It seems you are really enjoying your plan - finding it easy to use, the customer service to be great and saving on your dental care needs. That's great!

And, we understand dental work can be expensive. That's why dental savings plans are an affordable alternative to dental insurance, saving members 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Connie, we would love to speak with you to discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits. For example, did you know that many plans provide additional savings on prescriptions, vision and hearing care (exams, lenses, frames, hearing aids), and other health services?

Original review: April 21, 2017

The plan was accepted by two of my dentists and I was pleasantly surprised at the discount allowed through the Dental Plans. I would highly recommend this plan to family, friends and neighbors. It is a savings that keeps your money in your budget.

Hi Joann,

"It is a savings that keeps your money in your budget" - we love that! And, don't mind if we agree.

We are so glad you are really enjoying your plan, that it is accepted by both your dentists and of course, that you are saving on your dental care needs.

Thank you for being a loyal member and for recommending us - we really appreciate it.

Original review: April 21, 2017

The discount on Dental bills does help. I only wish that the amount an individual saves was larger. I realize that for the price of the policy I pay, the coverage is good. Maybe after this survey, with additional information, the coverage will get better.

Hi John,

We are so glad you are enjoying your plan - that makes us happy.

And, we would love to discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits - saving you more money. For example, did you know that many plans provide additional savings on prescriptions, vision and hearing care (exams, lenses, frames, hearing aids), and other health services?

John, it looks like we did try to reach you four days ago. We will try you again. Also, please feel free to give us a call at 1-855-240-3307.

Thank you for your time and feedback,

The DentalPlans.com

Original review: April 21, 2017

I love my dental plan. It has paid for itself several times over just by the savings I get when I visit the dentist. It is better than regular dental insurance since there is no cap on how much it pays out.

Hi Linda,

That is fantastic and don't mind if we agree!

We are so glad you are really loving your plan and saving a lot of money on your dental care needs so much that the plan is paying for itself several times over.

Dental savings plans are certainly an affordable alternative to dental insurance. And, there are no annual limits, health restrictions, paperwork hassles, etc.

Linda, thank you for your feedback and for being a loyal member.

Original review: April 21, 2017

This dental program has been so helpful to me as a retired person with a fixed income. I have used it when I get my 6-month cleaning and checkups. I also had to have some crowns and a bridge work done and it saved me so much money by using the dental card.

Hi Karen,

We understand the need for affordable dental care while living on a fixed income/not receiving all the necessary dental benefits when retired. And, we are so glad your plan was there when you needed it - saving you so much money on your dental care needs. That's fantastic.

Karen, did you know that many plans provide additional savings on prescriptions, vision and hearing care (exams, lenses, frames, hearing aids), and other health services? If you would like to learn more, please give us a call at 1-855-240-3307.

Original review: April 21, 2017

My dentist participates with the plan I chose and the previous one I had. I do wish the savings was a little better on crowns and implants and bridges. I like that there are no forms to fill out and there are many providers on the plans.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad you are enjoying your plan and finding it easy to use/hassle-free. And that you are enjoying the large selection of providers to choose from and of course, the savings. That is great!

Regarding a bit of a bigger savings, we would love to speak with you and discuss ways in which you may be able to maximize your plan benefits. Your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: April 21, 2017

My dentist is Natalie **. I have been going to this dentist for many years. The office is conveniently located. I get my checkups done every six months. She and all of the ladies at her practice take excellent care of my teeth. They are very interested in my care.

Thank you for your review.

It seems you are really enjoying your plan, the convenience and experience at the dentist. That is so important and we are so glad you are happy.

Wishing you a lifetime of smiles...and savings,

Original review: April 21, 2017

I am on a fixed income and Medicare and my secondary insurance do not cover dental at all. I have very limited income but want to be vigilant about caring for my teeth. My dentist's office told me about DentalPlans and it has been a godsend for sure. Saves me money every visit.

Hi Jean,

"A godsend" - wow, that just gave us the chills. =D We understand the need for affordable dental care while living on a fixed income/not receiving all the necessary dental benefits when retired.

And, we are so thrilled you found what you were looking for in us. It really makes us happy to know you are getting the care you need and deserve.

Keep being vigilant about those teeth and keep smiling,

DentalPlans.com Company Information