Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage
3.72/5

DentalPlans.com

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

View More View More

Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage

DentalPlans.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

They take your money saying that dentists are accepting the reduced savings rate. Their idea of accepting dentists is for them to send the dentist the info and then list the dentists as a participating dentist without confirmation from the dentist. When called out on this they claim it was up to that dentist to not accept the guidelines of the program to get themselves removed from the participation list. That is not how any insurance works. That would be like sending me info listing me as a male and it is up to me to say not I am female otherwise with no response from me I must be what they say, a male.

Regardless they don't want to issue a refund past the thirty day mark. Got my bank involved. Suddenly when I call they could not offer me a prorated refund. However still doing a chargeback with bank for the rest. Funny also went to log in to get info for my bank and dental plans has disabled my log in. That's a little shady if they were such a great company. Also not accredited with BBB, as I checked. I would stay away at all costs. It will just end up costing you not saving you money like they advertise.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

After seeing a renewal charge on my bank account, I reached out immediately to get a refund as I didn’t need another year of the plan. I was continually transferred and as soon as I was connected with someone able to process the return, the call was dropped. This happened multiple times over multiple days. I finally tried again and they’ve told me that I had 60 days to reach out and speak with someone, which I did, and that since it had been more than 60 days, they were unable to refund me. It seems like they’re doing everything they can to avoid giving refunds. 0 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

After reading the reviews I'm surprised at all the low ratings. Although my dentist wasn't exactly happy I had found he was a member of DentalPlans.com he honored my card. I needed a good bit of dental work and the reduced costs have saved a great deal of money.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought a plan from DentalPlans.com thinking that THEY were supplying the discount plan. After researching my Careington Care 500 plan, I realized that I could have bought the same plan directly for less than half the cost. All you are paying DentalPlans.com for is to be a middle-man (and for a 150% mark-up). Look at the 5 star reviews, most look like they were paid-for reviews. All this company does is fool people into wasting money for them to pick a random dental plan for them and provide an outdated and completely incorrect list of dentists that accept it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

You should know before you sign up with Dentalplans.com over the phone. There's is a $20 non-refundable processing fee when you renew after your first year. They don't tell you this! We did not use their plan the whole year and called Dentalplans.com to cancel plan 30 days before the Oct. 2019 automatic billing date. They said will refund me full amount except for $20 processing fee. A total rip-off for people looking for ways to save money to have dental.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I also canceled plan and continue to be charged, they just ignore my calls to cancel. Last call they agreed and lo and behold I was charged again. Yes beware of this company. Very disappointed. Sounded so good at first.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My family has used DentalPlans.com as a dental insurance provider since 2014. While not a very impressive plan (the coverage is a small percentage of the total dentist visit costs), we have taken available of the services with no issues. We received a letter from our long-time, excellent dentist that he will no longer be accepting our dental insurance from DentalPlans.com. So, I called DentalPlans.com to cancel my premium auto-pay, and to request a refund for the remaining four months of the policy that we had prepaid and would not be using.

This is what I learned: Consumers should note that there is no prorated refund as long as there is a participating dentist within 50 miles (!) of your home. So, potentially, you might travel up to 50 miles to see an unknown, possibly sub-par dentist who may or may not be as good as the one you had. Fifty miles!! When I reminded the DentalPlans.com representatives that most, of not all, services that are pre-paid offer a prorated refund when you no longer need that particular service, I was told that DentalPlans.com policy is what it is and that it cannot be changed in any way. So, a lot of hassle and time wasted for about $70. This is not a consumer oriented company--rather one takes your money without any recourse. PLEASE, if you do decide to use DentalPlans.com, please keep all of this in mind.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had been searching for dental insurance for days and had looked at DentalPlans.com and noticed they offered “complete” insurance and savings plans. I did all the work online to get it set up and after hitting enter realized it was not the plan I wanted, so within 10 minutes called to tell them that was not the plan I wanted. They cancelled the policy, but refused to give back the processing fee of $20.00. This is a SCAM; they did NO WORK for a processing fee. I did all the work looking up dentists and filling out the forms online. THEY DID NOTHING FOR THE 10 minutes that they had me online. These savings plans are not worth anything, so be careful dealing with these scammers.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I signed up for this card on March 27, 2018. I thought I had to renew it myself. I thought I had to renew it myself if I liked it. I tried it the first month and found that the discounts they offered were minimal. The second time I tried to use it my dentist said it was not active, which made sense since it was April 30, 2018. I let it go. After this time my husband and I split up and I moved. He didn't notice for months that he was being charged an auto renewal fee. Over a year later he tells me he has dental payments coming out of his account. I call immediately and cancel it and then ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. No one comes to the phone so I ask them to call me asap. No one does. Months later I get an email that their auto payment has failed.

It is May 2019 at this point. I call again. They see a note on the account to cancel but see it failed to do so. Guess what? Even if it is their error they don't do refunds! I had a card with a month expiration date and they told me it was still good. Nothing was good. It is just another scheme to take money from people who are already having to look for economical ways to pay for dental work. May it be done unto them as they have done unto me!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I made an enquiry over their website but a cursory review of other plans showed this company to be a total scam. Now, 6 months later, they are still calling me every day and harassing me. Repeated calls to their contact center to stop are pointless. Don't ever give them your email or phone No.!!!!

DentalPlans.com expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Since 1999, DentalPlans.com has been helping people afford high-quality dental care and procedures by connecting with them online to compare dental plans that fit their needs. DentalPlans.com provides consumers with a discount of 10 to 60 percent on most dental care procedures, boasts 100,000 participating dentists nationwide and over 30 plans to search.

• Plans by dentist: DentalPlans.com helps you search for a new dentist in your area that accepts your newly purchased dental savings plan by having you fill out a quick form including your zip code, type of dentist you need and the dental plan you have purchased. Additionally, if you already have a dentist you can find out which plans they accept.

• Plans by savings: DentalPlans.com will find the plan that saves you the most based on your location and who you are needing to provide dental care for. Once a plan has been suggested, you can view a price comparison showing what the price would be, with and without the plan, as well as the cost of the plan per year.

• Plans by procedure: If you are looking for an individual or family plan for a specific type of dental procedure, you can select from a list including, restorative, orthodontics, cosmetic, dentures and oral surgery. DentalPlans.com will show you a comparison of the top four plans in your area based on your selection.

• Live-chat: If you have any questions about how to choose a plan, how plans work or additional benefits, DentalPlans.com has a live-chat feature that lets you speak with a representative as you browse plans online.

• Best for: families or individuals looking for an affordable dental care plan.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

DentalPlans.com Company Information