Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

DentalPlans.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I called as soon as I got a letter with new cards to cancel and they automatically charge $20 to cancel. It is not a reliable, honest company. Plus the discounts I got were not very much and the savings did not cover the cost of the plan. This is not a good product for the consumer. Be careful!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

They will NOT let you cancel your membership. When you call them you have several options. If you call to cancel, you need to "PRESS 5": It's a SCAM, because when you press 5, you never get to talk to anyone. I tried three times today 2/10/20, but each time I pressed 5, I waited 10 minutes on the phone and NO ONE ever picked-up. They don't respond to email and their "live chat" is NOT on. Since I don't want to renew my membership, I will file a complaint with the Florida BBB tomorrow, and I already told AMEX NOT to accept any charge from them.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

DentalPlans.com renewed my membership without my permission! After asking them to remove my credit card from their site several times, they continued to save it as payment method and charged it without my permission. I do not have an automated renewal option on this plan. Had to contact my credit card to cancel and remove my card info. Also, they call every other day to remind me to renew my plan. That's no way to conduct business... I do not recommend DentalPlans.com!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I went through their site. They give you a price for a dental plan. As you're going through the process they give you a code for an additional 20% discount. When you get to the end and are ready to buy you use the code and BAM nothing taken off. I used the online chat to ask about this and was told the discount was taken off the plan on page one. They could offer no reason for giving a useless code. After reading these reviews it's nice to confirm they are the scam I thought they were.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I could have written all the poor reviews on this site. I paid for a dental discount plan (that used the Aetna name) based on the list of dentists DentalPlans.com had posted. Not one "dentist" in my city or any city within 50 miles takes the plan. There are "oral surgeons" who take the plan but (this is a rural area) these people only take x-rays and perform tooth extractions. No general dental work like cleaning and fillings. When I asked for my money back DentalPlans.com refused saying I was out of my 30-day trial period. The reason it took so long for me to request the refund was because every time I called DentalPlans.com to cancel they gave me the names of one or two "new" dentists to try. Not one worked out. If you need to look for a dental plan DO NOT USE DENTALPLANS.COM. I should have known by the entirely too long list of company names and providers that this was nothing but a sham.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

They put me on an auto renew without my consent charging me for 2 years without my knowing. I also never Received an email about it. When I recently noticed they charged me on my statement I gave them a call to receive a refund for a service I haven’t been using for 2 years. They said they have a $20 non refundable charge. I would be fine with that if signed up and changed my mind but I never signed up for auto renew. Be aware they will charge you without you knowing and they have terrible customer service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

They take your money saying that dentists are accepting the reduced savings rate. Their idea of accepting dentists is for them to send the dentist the info and then list the dentists as a participating dentist without confirmation from the dentist. When called out on this they claim it was up to that dentist to not accept the guidelines of the program to get themselves removed from the participation list. That is not how any insurance works. That would be like sending me info listing me as a male and it is up to me to say not I am female otherwise with no response from me I must be what they say, a male.

Regardless they don't want to issue a refund past the thirty day mark. Got my bank involved. Suddenly when I call they could not offer me a prorated refund. However still doing a chargeback with bank for the rest. Funny also went to log in to get info for my bank and dental plans has disabled my log in. That's a little shady if they were such a great company. Also not accredited with BBB, as I checked. I would stay away at all costs. It will just end up costing you not saving you money like they advertise.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

After seeing a renewal charge on my bank account, I reached out immediately to get a refund as I didn’t need another year of the plan. I was continually transferred and as soon as I was connected with someone able to process the return, the call was dropped. This happened multiple times over multiple days. I finally tried again and they’ve told me that I had 60 days to reach out and speak with someone, which I did, and that since it had been more than 60 days, they were unable to refund me. It seems like they’re doing everything they can to avoid giving refunds. 0 stars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

After reading the reviews I'm surprised at all the low ratings. Although my dentist wasn't exactly happy I had found he was a member of DentalPlans.com he honored my card. I needed a good bit of dental work and the reduced costs have saved a great deal of money.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought a plan from DentalPlans.com thinking that THEY were supplying the discount plan. After researching my Careington Care 500 plan, I realized that I could have bought the same plan directly for less than half the cost. All you are paying DentalPlans.com for is to be a middle-man (and for a 150% mark-up). Look at the 5 star reviews, most look like they were paid-for reviews. All this company does is fool people into wasting money for them to pick a random dental plan for them and provide an outdated and completely incorrect list of dentists that accept it.

DentalPlans.com author review by Cyril Tuohy

Since 1999, DentalPlans.com has been helping people afford high-quality dental care and procedures by connecting with them online to compare dental plans that fit their needs. DentalPlans.com provides consumers with a discount of 10 to 60 percent on most dental care procedures, boasts 100,000 participating dentists nationwide and over 30 plans to search.

• Plans by dentist: DentalPlans.com helps you search for a new dentist in your area that accepts your newly purchased dental savings plan by having you fill out a quick form including your zip code, type of dentist you need and the dental plan you have purchased. Additionally, if you already have a dentist you can find out which plans they accept.

• Plans by savings: DentalPlans.com will find the plan that saves you the most based on your location and who you are needing to provide dental care for. Once a plan has been suggested, you can view a price comparison showing what the price would be, with and without the plan, as well as the cost of the plan per year.

• Plans by procedure: If you are looking for an individual or family plan for a specific type of dental procedure, you can select from a list including, restorative, orthodontics, cosmetic, dentures and oral surgery. DentalPlans.com will show you a comparison of the top four plans in your area based on your selection.

• Live-chat: If you have any questions about how to choose a plan, how plans work or additional benefits, DentalPlans.com has a live-chat feature that lets you speak with a representative as you browse plans online.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

DentalPlans.com Company Information