Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage
3.86/5

DentalPlans.com

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

View More View More

Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage

98 DentalPlans.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My family has used DentalPlans.com as a dental insurance provider since 2014. While not a very impressive plan (the coverage is a small percentage of the total dentist visit costs), we have taken available of the services with no issues. We received a letter from our long-time, excellent dentist that he will no longer be accepting our dental insurance from DentalPlans.com. So, I called DentalPlans.com to cancel my premium auto-pay, and to request a refund for the remaining four months of the policy that we had prepaid and would not be using.

This is what I learned: Consumers should note that there is no prorated refund as long as there is a participating dentist within 50 miles (!) of your home. So, potentially, you might travel up to 50 miles to see an unknown, possibly sub-par dentist who may or may not be as good as the one you had. Fifty miles!! When I reminded the DentalPlans.com representatives that most, of not all, services that are pre-paid offer a prorated refund when you no longer need that particular service, I was told that DentalPlans.com policy is what it is and that it cannot be changed in any way. So, a lot of hassle and time wasted for about $70. This is not a consumer oriented company--rather one takes your money without any recourse. PLEASE, if you do decide to use DentalPlans.com, please keep all of this in mind.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had been searching for dental insurance for days and had looked at DentalPlans.com and noticed they offered “complete” insurance and savings plans. I did all the work online to get it set up and after hitting enter realized it was not the plan I wanted, so within 10 minutes called to tell them that was not the plan I wanted. They cancelled the policy, but refused to give back the processing fee of $20.00. This is a SCAM; they did NO WORK for a processing fee. I did all the work looking up dentists and filling out the forms online. THEY DID NOTHING FOR THE 10 minutes that they had me online. These savings plans are not worth anything, so be careful dealing with these scammers.

Get expert buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I signed up for this card on March 27, 2018. I thought I had to renew it myself. I thought I had to renew it myself if I liked it. I tried it the first month and found that the discounts they offered were minimal. The second time I tried to use it my dentist said it was not active, which made sense since it was April 30, 2018. I let it go. After this time my husband and I split up and I moved. He didn't notice for months that he was being charged an auto renewal fee. Over a year later he tells me he has dental payments coming out of his account. I call immediately and cancel it and then ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. No one comes to the phone so I ask them to call me asap. No one does. Months later I get an email that their auto payment has failed.

It is May 2019 at this point. I call again. They see a note on the account to cancel but see it failed to do so. Guess what? Even if it is their error they don't do refunds! I had a card with a month expiration date and they told me it was still good. Nothing was good. It is just another scheme to take money from people who are already having to look for economical ways to pay for dental work. May it be done unto them as they have done unto me!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I made an enquiry over their website but a cursory review of other plans showed this company to be a total scam. Now, 6 months later, they are still calling me every day and harassing me. Repeated calls to their contact center to stop are pointless. Don't ever give them your email or phone No.!!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

As I did not get the savings to make the plan worth renewing I was planning on cancelling. However, Dentalplans.com renewed six weeks before my year expired, even though they clearly state on their website they renew three weeks before the current plan expires. I called to have it reversed but was charged a $20 processing fee. Shady!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: April 24, 2019

Worthless plan and there are much better options if you shop around. They also auto renew and don't tell you they did so. Customer Service agent was a queen B with attitude. Avoid this company! Do not sign up with DentalPlans.com.

Original review: April 8, 2019

DentalPlan.com is not insurance. It is a plan you pay for that gives you the impression they will get you dental discounts not otherwise available to the consumer. The first thing my dentist told me was to get out of this plan and find an actual insurance company. Of course I've already paid for the plan for a year, so it's not likely I'll get my money back. The dentists in my area generally offer the same discounts automatically without signing up for this plan. I've talked to several dental offices in my area and they all told me the same thing - that I should acquire insurance. I'll try to get my money back, but I doubt if they'll give it to me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Honesty is a big factor. In this case I believe the business is based on trickery. When attempting to sign up for the plan I chose and trying to make the payment through PayPal, I got the message that the transaction cannot be accepted/completed. Because I did not have my credit card nearby, I closed the application and bought nothing. Few minutes later I receive an email from PayPal stating that my transaction went through. I ended up without the money and without the plan that I did not finalize buying on DentalPlans.com. A dispute with PayPal has no results yet. Great way of doing business...

Original review: March 1, 2019

Every dentist I've tried to contact that is listed on their site as being part of the discount plan has informed me that they do not in fact honor the discount. The plan is completely useless to me and there is no way for me to cancel the plan via their website. I have to go through various levels of customer retention. I'm going to be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I signed up with DentalPlans in 1/17. Was advised by staff to go with a particular plan as it was considered one of the better plans. After having difficulty finding a doctor for my needs, I was advised by another staff person to switch plans (more expensive) and did so. I made appointments and upon arrival at several dentist office on the list sent by DentalPlans, I was told they were not with DentalPlans. While at the last dentist office, I called in (pissed and 5 months in) was told by a rep, I could again switch to a plan in which that dentist was registered (an immediate emergency switch). I gave the phone to the office staff for confirmation, she received the reps name, my member i.d.#/ group# for verification of coverage under the new plan.

Six months later my dentist informed me that they've been attempting to get paid for services rendered, but was told I wasn't covered. I first spoke with support staff who confirmed notes in the file that corroborated my story but wasn't sure why the rep never changed the plan as written. I spoke to 2 supervisors who indicated they would review notes/recordings, I've never heard back. I'm now responsible for the entire bill. I will pursue this aggressively by any means necessary as I'm certain this happens all the time and this company is making millions annually in doing so as most people don't follow through with complaints/lawsuits.

DentalPlans.com expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Since 1999, DentalPlans.com has been helping people afford high-quality dental care and procedures by connecting with them online to compare dental plans that fit their needs. DentalPlans.com provides consumers with a discount of 10 to 60 percent on most dental care procedures, boasts 100,000 participating dentists nationwide and over 30 plans to search.

• Plans by dentist: DentalPlans.com helps you search for a new dentist in your area that accepts your newly purchased dental savings plan by having you fill out a quick form including your zip code, type of dentist you need and the dental plan you have purchased. Additionally, if you already have a dentist you can find out which plans they accept.

• Plans by savings: DentalPlans.com will find the plan that saves you the most based on your location and who you are needing to provide dental care for. Once a plan has been suggested, you can view a price comparison showing what the price would be, with and without the plan, as well as the cost of the plan per year.

• Plans by procedure: If you are looking for an individual or family plan for a specific type of dental procedure, you can select from a list including, restorative, orthodontics, cosmetic, dentures and oral surgery. DentalPlans.com will show you a comparison of the top four plans in your area based on your selection.

• Live-chat: If you have any questions about how to choose a plan, how plans work or additional benefits, DentalPlans.com has a live-chat feature that lets you speak with a representative as you browse plans online.

• Best for: families or individuals looking for an affordable dental care plan.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

DentalPlans.com Company Information