Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Pick the plan that best fits your needs or call us to and we will guide you through the process of selecting the plan that works best for you. Contact us today and start saving on your dental care through DentalPlans.com.

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

DentalPlans.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: May 2, 2019

As I did not get the savings to make the plan worth renewing I was planning on cancelling. However, Dentalplans.com renewed six weeks before my year expired, even though they clearly state on their website they renew three weeks before the current plan expires. I called to have it reversed but was charged a $20 processing fee. Shady!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Worthless plan and there are much better options if you shop around. They also auto renew and don't tell you they did so. Customer Service agent was a queen B with attitude. Avoid this company! Do not sign up with DentalPlans.com.

Original review: April 8, 2019

DentalPlan.com is not insurance. It is a plan you pay for that gives you the impression they will get you dental discounts not otherwise available to the consumer. The first thing my dentist told me was to get out of this plan and find an actual insurance company. Of course I've already paid for the plan for a year, so it's not likely I'll get my money back. The dentists in my area generally offer the same discounts automatically without signing up for this plan. I've talked to several dental offices in my area and they all told me the same thing - that I should acquire insurance. I'll try to get my money back, but I doubt if they'll give it to me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Honesty is a big factor. In this case I believe the business is based on trickery. When attempting to sign up for the plan I chose and trying to make the payment through PayPal, I got the message that the transaction cannot be accepted/completed. Because I did not have my credit card nearby, I closed the application and bought nothing. Few minutes later I receive an email from PayPal stating that my transaction went through. I ended up without the money and without the plan that I did not finalize buying on DentalPlans.com. A dispute with PayPal has no results yet. Great way of doing business...

Original review: March 1, 2019

Every dentist I've tried to contact that is listed on their site as being part of the discount plan has informed me that they do not in fact honor the discount. The plan is completely useless to me and there is no way for me to cancel the plan via their website. I have to go through various levels of customer retention. I'm going to be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I signed up with DentalPlans in 1/17. Was advised by staff to go with a particular plan as it was considered one of the better plans. After having difficulty finding a doctor for my needs, I was advised by another staff person to switch plans (more expensive) and did so. I made appointments and upon arrival at several dentist office on the list sent by DentalPlans, I was told they were not with DentalPlans. While at the last dentist office, I called in (pissed and 5 months in) was told by a rep, I could again switch to a plan in which that dentist was registered (an immediate emergency switch). I gave the phone to the office staff for confirmation, she received the reps name, my member i.d.#/ group# for verification of coverage under the new plan.

Six months later my dentist informed me that they've been attempting to get paid for services rendered, but was told I wasn't covered. I first spoke with support staff who confirmed notes in the file that corroborated my story but wasn't sure why the rep never changed the plan as written. I spoke to 2 supervisors who indicated they would review notes/recordings, I've never heard back. I'm now responsible for the entire bill. I will pursue this aggressively by any means necessary as I'm certain this happens all the time and this company is making millions annually in doing so as most people don't follow through with complaints/lawsuits.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I called to cancel my plan in December 2018. My plan still has about 11 months to go. I was expecting a prorated refund. Yet I was told that I had already used the plan more than 6 months, therefore, no refund will be given. She said I renewed my plan in April, 2018, that is why. I said that was because I responded to their early renewal promotional email from them at that time. My previous plan was not expired until October, 2018, only less than two months ago. My renewed plan only started in the same month in October 22, not April. They are using my early renewal date in April to claim that I have used the current plan for more than 6 months to reject my refund request.

In short, I am not going to get anything back although the plan I renewed still has close to 11 months of coverage. She kept insisting her claim and then put me on hold. I hung up and called back. This time a man answered and with the SAME line of rejection. It was only after I spent some time tried to reason with him, and with his "supervisor”s approval that I got a promise to refund me some amount. I will see if they do refund me. Because now I saw complaints in the BBB website regarding problems with their refunds. Since both of them had the same line of talking points, I would not be surprised if I am not the first one that got this kind of rejection. They promote early renewal all the time; I hope no other people have been taken advantage of. It may come back to bite us. Be aware of this company!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I joined dentalplans.com years ago. First, there were no reviews about the dentists on their plans. I chose a dentist. At first, I was happy. I went for cleanings, fillings, root canals and crowns. Everything went pretty well. Last January, I had a tooth break. Instead of just fixing that tooth, the dentist talked me into having teeth pulled and getting a partial denture because the fillings in 4 of my front teeth had become stained and the teeth were loose due to gum disease. My teeth were pulled and I received a partial denture which fit fantastic after a couple of minor adjustments. Everything went downhill after that. The next visit, he decided to replace an old crown and bridge it to another tooth with a crown. He also finished the broken front tooth. After putting temporary crowns on those teeth, the temporary denture did not fit correctly.

He had a second temporary denture made which was worse than the first. There are gaps between the denture and my real teeth. The teeth are crooked, and that’s just for starters. Now because he can’t fix whatever he did wrong, he has concocted his idea of a solution. Some kind of a bridge of teeth. It’s not a denture and I would not classify it as a bridge. He’s going to make it at no additional cost to me. If his concoction breaks, no discount plan or insurance plan is going to cover whatever you want to call it. In the meantime, I have needed fillings replaced since last Spring and the dentist has not done a thing with them. I called dentalplans.com and the representative’s response was to try another dentist. I don’t know what dentist is going to want to fix someone else’s mistakes. So much for saving money. It will probably cost me every penny I saved with DentalPlans plus to fix my problem.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have used this plan for dental and saved some money. However, the vision and prescription savings are not so saving even as an added inclusion. I just got a letter telling me my renewal would automatically renew. Not happy, about this because... if I signed up in March of 2018... please do not send a letter dated August 31 2018 stating that it is time to renew!!! It is not by the way and deciding for me as a customer and deciding to automatically renew is not actually your right as a company to do.

I choose DentalPlans.com because it was my choice. Proactive as a company...but reckless with regard to my option to choose myself!!! I will have to call in because I’m not sure at all about renewing after this notice. Other than this particular business tactic... the 1st initial membership and saving was more than great in helping to save money on dental work.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

This program is just a ruse. Beware! There are no contractual requirements on the doctors, and there are loopholes in the contract (the "membership agreement" that you must accept to move forward with your "plan"). There is no obligation on anyone, except YOU - to pay for the plan and pay your doctor whatever he/she want to bill you for. My doctor said "yes we participate" and "we'll take care of you," then billed me the cash price saying that my health insurance doesn't coordinate with DentalPlans.com, so you are stuck paying full price. I called DentalPlans.com and they told me, "your agreement clearly states that the doctor can rescind the discount any time they wish". Thanks for nothing DentalPlans.com.

DentalPlans.com Company Information