Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About DentalPlans.com

DentalPlans.com is a leading dental and health savings marketplace in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services.

DentalPlans.com works just like a wholesaler membership: pay one affordable membership fee per year and save 10-60% on most dental procedures.

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

DentalPlans.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalPlans.com?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I called as soon as I got a letter with new cards to cancel and they automatically charge $20 to cancel. It is not a reliable, honest company. Plus the discounts I got were not very much and the savings did not cover the cost of the plan. This is not a good product for the consumer. Be careful!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

They will NOT let you cancel your membership. When you call them you have several options. If you call to cancel, you need to "PRESS 5": It's a SCAM, because when you press 5, you never get to talk to anyone. I tried three times today 2/10/20, but each time I pressed 5, I waited 10 minutes on the phone and NO ONE ever picked-up. They don't respond to email and their "live chat" is NOT on. Since I don't want to renew my membership, I will file a complaint with the Florida BBB tomorrow, and I already told AMEX NOT to accept any charge from them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

DentalPlans.com renewed my membership without my permission! After asking them to remove my credit card from their site several times, they continued to save it as payment method and charged it without my permission. I do not have an automated renewal option on this plan. Had to contact my credit card to cancel and remove my card info. Also, they call every other day to remind me to renew my plan. That's no way to conduct business... I do not recommend DentalPlans.com!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I went through their site. They give you a price for a dental plan. As you're going through the process they give you a code for an additional 20% discount. When you get to the end and are ready to buy you use the code and BAM nothing taken off. I used the online chat to ask about this and was told the discount was taken off the plan on page one. They could offer no reason for giving a useless code. After reading these reviews it's nice to confirm they are the scam I thought they were.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I could have written all the poor reviews on this site. I paid for a dental discount plan (that used the Aetna name) based on the list of dentists DentalPlans.com had posted. Not one "dentist" in my city or any city within 50 miles takes the plan. There are "oral surgeons" who take the plan but (this is a rural area) these people only take x-rays and perform tooth extractions. No general dental work like cleaning and fillings. When I asked for my money back DentalPlans.com refused saying I was out of my 30-day trial period. The reason it took so long for me to request the refund was because every time I called DentalPlans.com to cancel they gave me the names of one or two "new" dentists to try. Not one worked out. If you need to look for a dental plan DO NOT USE DENTALPLANS.COM. I should have known by the entirely too long list of company names and providers that this was nothing but a sham.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

They put me on an auto renew without my consent charging me for 2 years without my knowing. I also never Received an email about it. When I recently noticed they charged me on my statement I gave them a call to receive a refund for a service I haven’t been using for 2 years. They said they have a $20 non refundable charge. I would be fine with that if signed up and changed my mind but I never signed up for auto renew. Be aware they will charge you without you knowing and they have terrible customer service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

They take your money saying that dentists are accepting the reduced savings rate. Their idea of accepting dentists is for them to send the dentist the info and then list the dentists as a participating dentist without confirmation from the dentist. When called out on this they claim it was up to that dentist to not accept the guidelines of the program to get themselves removed from the participation list. That is not how any insurance works. That would be like sending me info listing me as a male and it is up to me to say not I am female otherwise with no response from me I must be what they say, a male.

Regardless they don't want to issue a refund past the thirty day mark. Got my bank involved. Suddenly when I call they could not offer me a prorated refund. However still doing a chargeback with bank for the rest. Funny also went to log in to get info for my bank and dental plans has disabled my log in. That's a little shady if they were such a great company. Also not accredited with BBB, as I checked. I would stay away at all costs. It will just end up costing you not saving you money like they advertise.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

After seeing a renewal charge on my bank account, I reached out immediately to get a refund as I didn’t need another year of the plan. I was continually transferred and as soon as I was connected with someone able to process the return, the call was dropped. This happened multiple times over multiple days. I finally tried again and they’ve told me that I had 60 days to reach out and speak with someone, which I did, and that since it had been more than 60 days, they were unable to refund me. It seems like they’re doing everything they can to avoid giving refunds. 0 stars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

After reading the reviews I'm surprised at all the low ratings. Although my dentist wasn't exactly happy I had found he was a member of DentalPlans.com he honored my card. I needed a good bit of dental work and the reduced costs have saved a great deal of money.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought a plan from DentalPlans.com thinking that THEY were supplying the discount plan. After researching my Careington Care 500 plan, I realized that I could have bought the same plan directly for less than half the cost. All you are paying DentalPlans.com for is to be a middle-man (and for a 150% mark-up). Look at the 5 star reviews, most look like they were paid-for reviews. All this company does is fool people into wasting money for them to pick a random dental plan for them and provide an outdated and completely incorrect list of dentists that accept it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

You should know before you sign up with Dentalplans.com over the phone. There's is a $20 non-refundable processing fee when you renew after your first year. They don't tell you this! We did not use their plan the whole year and called Dentalplans.com to cancel plan 30 days before the Oct. 2019 automatic billing date. They said will refund me full amount except for $20 processing fee. A total rip-off for people looking for ways to save money to have dental.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I also canceled plan and continue to be charged, they just ignore my calls to cancel. Last call they agreed and lo and behold I was charged again. Yes beware of this company. Very disappointed. Sounded so good at first.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

My family has used DentalPlans.com as a dental insurance provider since 2014. While not a very impressive plan (the coverage is a small percentage of the total dentist visit costs), we have taken available of the services with no issues. We received a letter from our long-time, excellent dentist that he will no longer be accepting our dental insurance from DentalPlans.com. So, I called DentalPlans.com to cancel my premium auto-pay, and to request a refund for the remaining four months of the policy that we had prepaid and would not be using.

This is what I learned: Consumers should note that there is no prorated refund as long as there is a participating dentist within 50 miles (!) of your home. So, potentially, you might travel up to 50 miles to see an unknown, possibly sub-par dentist who may or may not be as good as the one you had. Fifty miles!! When I reminded the DentalPlans.com representatives that most, of not all, services that are pre-paid offer a prorated refund when you no longer need that particular service, I was told that DentalPlans.com policy is what it is and that it cannot be changed in any way. So, a lot of hassle and time wasted for about $70. This is not a consumer oriented company--rather one takes your money without any recourse. PLEASE, if you do decide to use DentalPlans.com, please keep all of this in mind.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had been searching for dental insurance for days and had looked at DentalPlans.com and noticed they offered “complete” insurance and savings plans. I did all the work online to get it set up and after hitting enter realized it was not the plan I wanted, so within 10 minutes called to tell them that was not the plan I wanted. They cancelled the policy, but refused to give back the processing fee of $20.00. This is a SCAM; they did NO WORK for a processing fee. I did all the work looking up dentists and filling out the forms online. THEY DID NOTHING FOR THE 10 minutes that they had me online. These savings plans are not worth anything, so be careful dealing with these scammers.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I signed up for this card on March 27, 2018. I thought I had to renew it myself. I thought I had to renew it myself if I liked it. I tried it the first month and found that the discounts they offered were minimal. The second time I tried to use it my dentist said it was not active, which made sense since it was April 30, 2018. I let it go. After this time my husband and I split up and I moved. He didn't notice for months that he was being charged an auto renewal fee. Over a year later he tells me he has dental payments coming out of his account. I call immediately and cancel it and then ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. No one comes to the phone so I ask them to call me asap. No one does. Months later I get an email that their auto payment has failed.

It is May 2019 at this point. I call again. They see a note on the account to cancel but see it failed to do so. Guess what? Even if it is their error they don't do refunds! I had a card with a month expiration date and they told me it was still good. Nothing was good. It is just another scheme to take money from people who are already having to look for economical ways to pay for dental work. May it be done unto them as they have done unto me!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I made an enquiry over their website but a cursory review of other plans showed this company to be a total scam. Now, 6 months later, they are still calling me every day and harassing me. Repeated calls to their contact center to stop are pointless. Don't ever give them your email or phone No.!!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

As I did not get the savings to make the plan worth renewing I was planning on cancelling. However, Dentalplans.com renewed six weeks before my year expired, even though they clearly state on their website they renew three weeks before the current plan expires. I called to have it reversed but was charged a $20 processing fee. Shady!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Worthless plan and there are much better options if you shop around. They also auto renew and don't tell you they did so. Customer Service agent was a queen B with attitude. Avoid this company! Do not sign up with DentalPlans.com.

Original review: April 8, 2019

DentalPlan.com is not insurance. It is a plan you pay for that gives you the impression they will get you dental discounts not otherwise available to the consumer. The first thing my dentist told me was to get out of this plan and find an actual insurance company. Of course I've already paid for the plan for a year, so it's not likely I'll get my money back. The dentists in my area generally offer the same discounts automatically without signing up for this plan. I've talked to several dental offices in my area and they all told me the same thing - that I should acquire insurance. I'll try to get my money back, but I doubt if they'll give it to me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Honesty is a big factor. In this case I believe the business is based on trickery. When attempting to sign up for the plan I chose and trying to make the payment through PayPal, I got the message that the transaction cannot be accepted/completed. Because I did not have my credit card nearby, I closed the application and bought nothing. Few minutes later I receive an email from PayPal stating that my transaction went through. I ended up without the money and without the plan that I did not finalize buying on DentalPlans.com. A dispute with PayPal has no results yet. Great way of doing business...

Original review: March 1, 2019

Every dentist I've tried to contact that is listed on their site as being part of the discount plan has informed me that they do not in fact honor the discount. The plan is completely useless to me and there is no way for me to cancel the plan via their website. I have to go through various levels of customer retention. I'm going to be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I signed up with DentalPlans in 1/17. Was advised by staff to go with a particular plan as it was considered one of the better plans. After having difficulty finding a doctor for my needs, I was advised by another staff person to switch plans (more expensive) and did so. I made appointments and upon arrival at several dentist office on the list sent by DentalPlans, I was told they were not with DentalPlans. While at the last dentist office, I called in (pissed and 5 months in) was told by a rep, I could again switch to a plan in which that dentist was registered (an immediate emergency switch). I gave the phone to the office staff for confirmation, she received the reps name, my member i.d.#/ group# for verification of coverage under the new plan.

Six months later my dentist informed me that they've been attempting to get paid for services rendered, but was told I wasn't covered. I first spoke with support staff who confirmed notes in the file that corroborated my story but wasn't sure why the rep never changed the plan as written. I spoke to 2 supervisors who indicated they would review notes/recordings, I've never heard back. I'm now responsible for the entire bill. I will pursue this aggressively by any means necessary as I'm certain this happens all the time and this company is making millions annually in doing so as most people don't follow through with complaints/lawsuits.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I called to cancel my plan in December 2018. My plan still has about 11 months to go. I was expecting a prorated refund. Yet I was told that I had already used the plan more than 6 months, therefore, no refund will be given. She said I renewed my plan in April, 2018, that is why. I said that was because I responded to their early renewal promotional email from them at that time. My previous plan was not expired until October, 2018, only less than two months ago. My renewed plan only started in the same month in October 22, not April. They are using my early renewal date in April to claim that I have used the current plan for more than 6 months to reject my refund request.

In short, I am not going to get anything back although the plan I renewed still has close to 11 months of coverage. She kept insisting her claim and then put me on hold. I hung up and called back. This time a man answered and with the SAME line of rejection. It was only after I spent some time tried to reason with him, and with his "supervisor”s approval that I got a promise to refund me some amount. I will see if they do refund me. Because now I saw complaints in the BBB website regarding problems with their refunds. Since both of them had the same line of talking points, I would not be surprised if I am not the first one that got this kind of rejection. They promote early renewal all the time; I hope no other people have been taken advantage of. It may come back to bite us. Be aware of this company!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I joined dentalplans.com years ago. First, there were no reviews about the dentists on their plans. I chose a dentist. At first, I was happy. I went for cleanings, fillings, root canals and crowns. Everything went pretty well. Last January, I had a tooth break. Instead of just fixing that tooth, the dentist talked me into having teeth pulled and getting a partial denture because the fillings in 4 of my front teeth had become stained and the teeth were loose due to gum disease. My teeth were pulled and I received a partial denture which fit fantastic after a couple of minor adjustments. Everything went downhill after that. The next visit, he decided to replace an old crown and bridge it to another tooth with a crown. He also finished the broken front tooth. After putting temporary crowns on those teeth, the temporary denture did not fit correctly.

He had a second temporary denture made which was worse than the first. There are gaps between the denture and my real teeth. The teeth are crooked, and that’s just for starters. Now because he can’t fix whatever he did wrong, he has concocted his idea of a solution. Some kind of a bridge of teeth. It’s not a denture and I would not classify it as a bridge. He’s going to make it at no additional cost to me. If his concoction breaks, no discount plan or insurance plan is going to cover whatever you want to call it. In the meantime, I have needed fillings replaced since last Spring and the dentist has not done a thing with them. I called dentalplans.com and the representative’s response was to try another dentist. I don’t know what dentist is going to want to fix someone else’s mistakes. So much for saving money. It will probably cost me every penny I saved with DentalPlans plus to fix my problem.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have used this plan for dental and saved some money. However, the vision and prescription savings are not so saving even as an added inclusion. I just got a letter telling me my renewal would automatically renew. Not happy, about this because... if I signed up in March of 2018... please do not send a letter dated August 31 2018 stating that it is time to renew!!! It is not by the way and deciding for me as a customer and deciding to automatically renew is not actually your right as a company to do.

I choose DentalPlans.com because it was my choice. Proactive as a company...but reckless with regard to my option to choose myself!!! I will have to call in because I’m not sure at all about renewing after this notice. Other than this particular business tactic... the 1st initial membership and saving was more than great in helping to save money on dental work.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

This program is just a ruse. Beware! There are no contractual requirements on the doctors, and there are loopholes in the contract (the "membership agreement" that you must accept to move forward with your "plan"). There is no obligation on anyone, except YOU - to pay for the plan and pay your doctor whatever he/she want to bill you for. My doctor said "yes we participate" and "we'll take care of you," then billed me the cash price saying that my health insurance doesn't coordinate with DentalPlans.com, so you are stuck paying full price. I called DentalPlans.com and they told me, "your agreement clearly states that the doctor can rescind the discount any time they wish". Thanks for nothing DentalPlans.com.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I signed up for a plan and received a payment schedule for services which included a root canal and crown. When I got the root canal, I was told, "We don't do crowns, you have to go somewhere else." I did this prior to major surgery and they will not refund my money or take proof that I had surgery and was on pain meds and could not think properly to ask for a refund in their 30 window. I found a Groupon for a crown and instead of having to go to 3 dentist, next time I have a full service dentist. The office manager at the dentist says that these plans are worthless. Since I can't get my money back, I want to spare someone else from this nightmare. Don't pay for this. It is worthless.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

That is certainly frustrating! We are so sorry to hear that your provider told you post-root canal that they don't do crowns. We certainly want to look into this further.

And, Anita, we can assure you that these plans are not "worthless," if they were why would more than 100,000 dentists accept them? In fact, dental savings plans are an affordable alternative to dental insurance and a huge help to many.

Your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone should be contacting you shortly to learn more and further assist you with your plan. And, we will be contacting your provider's office. We wish you all the best with your dental care needs.

The DentalPlans.com Team

Original review: May 7, 2018

Dental work is expensive, initially we started using Dental Plans when our children were in need of orthodontic work. Now, as we age, we find that it is more for us (crowns, root canals etc). Whatever season of life you are in, this works perfectly.

Hi Gary,

What a great review - we couldn't have said it better ourselves!

And, yes, dental work can be costly. We are so glad you and your family could turn to your dental savings plan to save a lot on your dental care needs - at any age (from braces to crowns).

Thank you for your time and for being a loyal plan member for more than 11 years now - wow! We are so grateful for members like you and wish you and your family a lifetime of smiles and savings.

All the best,

Original review: May 4, 2018

No discount given. So what am I paying for. Waste of my money when dentists on list don't accept. Also, when paid for was supposed to get 13 months for 12. Did not get. Will definitely not renew as a total waste of money.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention.

We are sorry to hear you didn't receive a discount at the dentist on your tooth removal or implant. We certainly want to look into this further/contact your provider and see how we can help.

Also, regarding the extra month, we can definitely work to resolve that as well.

Frank, sit tight. Your review has been submitted to our customer care team. Someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I love using DentalPlans.com. There are plenty of plans to chose from making it affordable and simple to sign up for. It would be nice to have a medical plan similar to dentalplans.com, where you get more of a cafeteria plan.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are so happy to hear how much you are loving your plan and saving on your dental care needs - that's awesome! Plus, the large number of plans to choose from, simple sign-up and affordability - what more can you ask for?

Thank you for your time - know we are always here when you need us.

DentalPlans.com Company Information