4.21/5
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a dental plan?

19 Aflac Dental Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

My wife picked up the policy quite some time ago when she received an offer in the mail for low cost dental insurance. For me getting insured was actually quite easy because I was added to my wife's policy with a quick call then about 10 days later we received the identification cards. The insurance is very easy to use and I am able to go to any doctor of my choice. Unless it's a basic service the dentist requires that all payments are paid ahead and the insurance reimburses me the difference. But the cost of procedures is quite high so unless it is just for a basic cleaning and checkup the cost out of my pocket is quite painful. The upfront payment is very low though and usually all I pay upfront or at all.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Aflac Dental Insurance is a good option that is not too pricey and is good for basic dental care. I chose my dental policy after completing the process online via the California Affordable Care website and the process was semi simple. I like that it covers a cleaning every 6 months and for a low monthly price. I only have one thing that I would improve which would be having the ability to find a dentist that accepts my insurance and being able to book appointments and access my dental records online. If I wanted to switch providers or if I needed to be referred to a specialist I wish it could all be done easily online.

Get expert buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Aflac is an insurance company that I could afford with a very small budget compared to other insurance companies because I had called a lot of different dental insurance companies and received really high quotes. They cover most of your out of pocket cost. Plus, they have really cute and catchy commercials that make you remember the name really easy. Also, they have great customer service and the process was simple. I got an advertisement in the mail & signed up afterward. The customer service wasn't long of a wait and the person helping me on the phone was sweet and understanding of what plan I needed to choose. I'm highly satisfied with using Aflac Dental insurance.

Q3: STILL THINKING OF THE SAME INSURANCE COMPANY YOU MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY, DESCRIBE THE PROCESS OF PU...

A: It was simple I got an advertisement in the mail & signed up afterwards.The customer service wasn't long of a wait and the person helping me on the phone was sweet and understanding of what plan I needed to choose but still be able to afford it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I had heard great things through a coworker is what got me initially interested. Was an easy process to get through the sign up process easily, took you by the hand and walked you through. Had any question I have answered on the spot by very knowledgeable agents with Aflac. Like the fact that their dental coverage was for the most part all encompassing. I would like it if they had one person who individually walked you through the process and after you signed up as well if you had any issues. Dealt with a few people which wasn't a major factor overall.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I heard about the insurance from my sister. She had been going on and on about how I had to switch over to this insurance company as I wasn't satisfied with my last one. I've never looked back. For once, my sister was right about something!! It was all purchased online with little effort. It seemed like a breeze! The people that I talk to on the phone about my insurance seem very helpful and kind to me. The claims are easy to file. They seem to genuinely care about making me happy so that I keep being insured by them. They are a fairly good company, I wish they would expand their coverage area, but all in all I am genuinely satisfied and feel I am getting what I pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Dental Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My policy was offered through my employment. I like that they helped pay to fix my families' teeth. It's also easy to contact someone when there is an issue, question or concern. Obviously, all dental plans fall short of actually covering dental needs of the insured which is something I don't like.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

While in the process of purchasing my dental insurance policy was look online on the Google search engine for good recommendations and Aflac popped up and upon reading reviews for them, I decided to go with Aflac. I like being able to cover a large amount of my dental care as well as being a great and reliable company with trust in my dental healthcare. I would really appreciate it if it were cheaper to have Aflac as my dental insurer. It's a bit pricey but at the same time it's worth it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I initially applied online but then was directed to a phone operator who then lead me to my true quote, which was a much better deal than I even thought possible. It was very simple and they really surprised me by their expertise and professional service. A definite A plus from me. I like the way in which the customer service reps take you through everything step by step, and also once you are in, they make sure to take care of you every step of the way. I couldn't be more happy with how Aflac has treated me and my family. For sure a first class company. But I would change the waiting time that they put you on hold, for things that in my opinion shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. If I want to ask a question, I should be able to get through to an operator instantly without any delay.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Through work they offered me 3 different insurance to choose one and I chooses Aflac Dental Insurance. I completed the form at work and returned it to my supervisor. It's very affordable and we can depend on it with all the family dental problems. Also, we can find it any place we want and many doctors accept it. It's perfect. We can take care of our dentist without any hassle. However, they can improve it by increasing the yearly amount per person.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Aflac meets all of my needs. Any claims have been processed in a timely and efficient manner although I don't have many claims. I use online quotes and call if not enough information is available online. I choose the best value policy, taking into account price as well as the services offered and any deductibles. Premiums could always be lower. Overall, Aflac is a good company.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I chose my dental policy through an online website. It was an easy process and it didn't take too long to complete. I was happy that I was approved because it made things easier for me. I also chose the best pros and least amount of cons. Overall, the process was stress free. This company is really flexible with the benefits it has and gives minimum issues to the consumer. You're able to choose from many different types of dentists that are available in your area without having any debates on whether you're approved or not. I personally like everything they have to offer and recommend most people to get this insurance. They are trustworthy and genuine and offer a variety of interesting perks. It's a really great company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Online research was vital to allow for full understanding of all this company’s items when shopping for insurance. Some reps attempt to upsell products without really knowing them or the inner workings of the processes. There’s not enough available info and I have found this to be confusing and time consuming in all of the research. They had to be done on separate sites with many still not having the information. But I like the ease of access services and products and all processes are simple and easy to understand with little to no issues with small print for needing to clarify items.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They are quite nice and good to their people always. They are loyal, very dedicated and like family who care about well being for everyone involved and care for on a daily basis always. There is noting I dislike about any of it ever unless they are out of business or not working on that day ever to my knowledge. Otherwise, they are really good at what they do.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I choose my policy through the Medicaid program. They send you a list of health providers that you can apply for right away over the phone as well as online. It also has many different process that are easy and convenient as well. This is a very good health insurance that comes with some great dental plans. There is little to no out of pocket expense. I never had an insurance program that was this reasonable for a lot of the things that you can use it for.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I sat down with a representative of the company through a consultation with my employer. He went over all the plans and helped pick a plan that is perfect depending on your needs. It was really helpful you have someone to answer all your questions and share with you useful information. I like that you can customize your own dental plan to fit your own dental needs. It's very flexible depending on type of plan you need. There's one out there for everyone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

They have a good way of paying off your stuff with low interests and the duck gets me to get their insurance. With its cute little feet and the voice that it uses. Just so amazing honestly. You should really try it. I did it online and it was very simple. It was just about 3 clicks and I put in my information and they sent me the insurance card in the mail. The ads are just kindly strange. None of the ads actually have real life examples like some other companies have.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The insurance policy seems legit and is fair. I chose Aflac because it relates to me in a way. My finances... my lifestyle... everything. I plan on recommending this policy to my friends and family and basically anyone I know of really.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The company I work for had great options on adding Aflac Dental Insurance to my medical services. I have full coverage on dental care and hasn't disappointed me yet. I love it. They have great customer service, too.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have been with AFLAC 20 years. I added Dental on and every time I put a claim in for dental it is DENIED! I WORK AND PAY MY HARD EARNED money each month. I am very frustrated and pissed off! I WILL BE CANCELING MY DENTAL, IT'S A RIPOFF!!!

Aflac Dental Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Well-known for its commercials, Aflac is one of the largest providers of supplemental insurance in the United States. The company's dental insurance products, available to employees enrolled in a group plan, are known for their unique features.

• No network limitations: Customers can choose any dentist without worrying about whether or not they are in network.

• Orthodontic and cosmetic options: Customers can add these two options at a low cost if desired.

• Direct payments: Aflac pays benefits directly to the customer.

• Affordable rates: Aflac has insurance plans with weekly rates as low as the cost of a toothbrush.

• Free quote requests: Compare plan prices and choose the right one easily.

• Best for: Aflac Dental is best for employees with health insurance but no dental coverage and savers looking for good low-cost insurance.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
    Cyril Tuohy

Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Aflac Dental Insurance Company Information