Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage
3.70/5

Save on happy and healthy

Dental care is expensive. Dental insurance is not. Learn how you can save.

Get cavity coverage

23 Aflac Dental Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

April 15th I had a regular clean, xrays, etc. Basic stuff. I took the AFLAC forms for the dentist to complete. I had most of it filled out. By the time the account was fully paid it was July 2019! The dentist said #1 they lost the form. The 2nd month: they don't do AFLAC (I had advised them they had received payment from AFLAC before). They finally received payment, but it was to dentist no longer in practice. I insisted it was still sent, and their responsibility to track it. It went on and on. 3 months later, the office says, I still owe $50. I was glad I had my paperwork. I had proof of payment. When I've asked for help from my local AFLAC rep, they aren't much help.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Hello I requested a refund from Aflac Dental because I couldn’t never use them for my dental needs. I requested a refund for 5 months of monthly drafts from my checking account. Aflac sent me a letter that said no refund do but I never used the insurance because it wouldn’t pay for deep cleaning. This is my last attempt.

Get expert buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

The process to start the policy was so smooth and easy and I was happy that my wife and I would finally be able to visit the dentist. Well, not everything was as perfect as I imagine it would be. I asked the representative who called me when I requested a Dental Plan through their website, that I specifically need it a Dental Insurance not a reimbursement or supplemental plan. He assure me that this was the kind of plan I needed, that everything will be fine, that I will be able to see a dentist in no time.

So, days go by, I receive my id cards in the mail and off to the dentist I go. First thing the receptionist look at the ID card and look at her coworker, with that WTF face. That worried me immediately. She couldn't find a group number, so she could verify my insurance. I called Aflac, they state I don't need a group number, because of whatever reason that didn't even made sense to myself, imagine if I explain that to the receptionist at the dental office. Back to the dentist office. The receptionist ask for the card so she can try to call Aflac directly, she calls the number on the back of the card and guess what? Yup, you guessed it right. Aflac automatic system said it will take about 2 and a half hour before a representative could be in the phone to verify.

As I write this review I am waiting for someone from the Customer Service Department answer me, because immediately after I say I want to cancel the representative told me I had reach the wrong department that he will transfer me. Another lady answer, after one hour waiting, she also said I reached the wrong department. How long had I be waiting you ask? 3 hours 10 minutes 11 seconds. I guess they want me to get tired of waiting and hang up, or for 5pm to come so the call drop and I be obligated to call tomorrow again and wait another 10 hours for someone to actually help me with the cancelation. If you want to try their services and see if I am lying, go head. But I will never recommend Aflac to anyone. At least not their Dental plan.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Filled out your forms to get a comparison of your dental insurance and cost. Could not get a review or match of an insurance plan. Tried 4 times with the same result. You just as well not have this website.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Aflac Dental Insurance is a good option that is not too pricey and is good for basic dental care. I chose my dental policy after completing the process online via the California Affordable Care website and the process was semi simple. I like that it covers a cleaning every 6 months and for a low monthly price. I only have one thing that I would improve which would be having the ability to find a dentist that accepts my insurance and being able to book appointments and access my dental records online. If I wanted to switch providers or if I needed to be referred to a specialist I wish it could all be done easily online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Dental Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Aflac is an insurance company that I could afford with a very small budget compared to other insurance companies because I had called a lot of different dental insurance companies and received really high quotes. They cover most of your out of pocket cost. Plus, they have really cute and catchy commercials that make you remember the name really easy. Also, they have great customer service and the process was simple. I got an advertisement in the mail & signed up afterward. The customer service wasn't long of a wait and the person helping me on the phone was sweet and understanding of what plan I needed to choose. I'm highly satisfied with using Aflac Dental insurance.

Q3: STILL THINKING OF THE SAME INSURANCE COMPANY YOU MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY, DESCRIBE THE PROCESS OF PU...

A: It was simple I got an advertisement in the mail & signed up afterwards.The customer service wasn't long of a wait and the person helping me on the phone was sweet and understanding of what plan I needed to choose but still be able to afford it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Online research was vital to allow for full understanding of all this company’s items when shopping for insurance. Some reps attempt to upsell products without really knowing them or the inner workings of the processes. There’s not enough available info and I have found this to be confusing and time consuming in all of the research. They had to be done on separate sites with many still not having the information. But I like the ease of access services and products and all processes are simple and easy to understand with little to no issues with small print for needing to clarify items.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They are quite nice and good to their people always. They are loyal, very dedicated and like family who care about well being for everyone involved and care for on a daily basis always. There is noting I dislike about any of it ever unless they are out of business or not working on that day ever to my knowledge. Otherwise, they are really good at what they do.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Aflac meets all of my needs. Any claims have been processed in a timely and efficient manner although I don't have many claims. I use online quotes and call if not enough information is available online. I choose the best value policy, taking into account price as well as the services offered and any deductibles. Premiums could always be lower. Overall, Aflac is a good company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I had heard great things through a coworker is what got me initially interested. Was an easy process to get through the sign up process easily, took you by the hand and walked you through. Had any question I have answered on the spot by very knowledgeable agents with Aflac. Like the fact that their dental coverage was for the most part all encompassing. I would like it if they had one person who individually walked you through the process and after you signed up as well if you had any issues. Dealt with a few people which wasn't a major factor overall.

Aflac Dental Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

Well-known for its commercials, Aflac is one of the largest providers of supplemental insurance in the United States. The company's dental insurance products, available to employees enrolled in a group plan, are known for their unique features.

• No network limitations: Customers can choose any dentist without worrying about whether or not they are in network.

• Orthodontic and cosmetic options: Customers can add these two options at a low cost if desired.

• Direct payments: Aflac pays benefits directly to the customer.

• Affordable rates: Aflac has insurance plans with weekly rates as low as the cost of a toothbrush.

• Free quote requests: Compare plan prices and choose the right one easily.

• Best for: Aflac Dental is best for employees with health insurance but no dental coverage and savers looking for good low-cost insurance.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Aflac Dental Insurance Company Information