3.9/5 (490 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

We switched to United Healthcare Dental thinking it would be good service we have been with UHCD since 1/1/21 and have yet to get my daughter ortho claims paid. I have called and spoken to so many different representative and as of 9/13/21 no resolution or payment made to the orthodontist office. I called 9/13/21 to be told that ortho office did not fill out the paperwork correctly yet no bothered to call or work with the ortho in obtaining the paperwork needed 9 months and no claims have been paid. Terrible insurance company - I will be canceling when my open enrollments begins next month.

Original review: March 12, 2021

It seems to be the minimum on everything from and it doesn't cover implants and most dentists in DFW don't accept this insurance. The cleanings and x-rays are also the minimum. I had to call over a dozen different dentists to find one that accepted my insurance plan.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I tried for over a week and spoke to at least eight different people with their company trying to find a dentist in network near me and in my opinion if you look up the words given the runaround in the dictionary their name would come up. Was told different things by different people and still haven't found anyone who will take their insurance and at least two of them promise to call me back. Still waiting on that as well.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Coverage is nearly nothing and the dentists from whom I may choose are all at this one place in town, one of the usual "dental insurance" options, a sort of dental factory where dentists who can get no work elsewhere find a place

Original review: March 4, 2021

We have a United Health Care AARP Medicare advantage plan with dental and vision benefits printed right on the face of the card. We talked with an agent for United Health care telling them that we had some dental work, a root canal and crown, that had to be done and asked if we should purchase a rider to ensure the coverage. Multiple times we were told no, that we had the best coverage offered and that the work would be covered. WRONG. The truth is that even with this coverage you need to purchase a separate dental package. This was a $1500.00 lesson we learned and are passing it along in hopes you will not have to pay the same tuition for the lesson. I now have an additional policy through Delta Dental for Veterans and it has provided the extra coverage we need. Just remember that old saying, "Buyer beware. Just because they print it on the face of the card does not mean they will deliver."

Original review: March 1, 2021

I purchased the dental plan. Went to dentist. Had to pay 290.00 up front plus monthly premium to be told all I was getting back was 51.50. They lie about the services to get you to buy plans and I'd never purchase another thing from them. You might as well pay all out of your pocket cause that's what will happen. Sorry plan and Insurance and I'll make sure to tell people not to purchase from United Healthcare. Thanks for taking my money.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Other than the annual check up and cleaning it doesn't cover anything else. The reason I changed from my old plan was because of the dental. As it turns out it's kind of like a switch & bait. I'll probably switch back to my old plan next year.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

My current insurance does not pay for anything but simple cleaning and yearly xrays...no dental work if needed? I see ads on TV saying their insurance coverage is $3500 per year for procedures? I recently needed fillings and was charged well over $200 because my insurance did not cover it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I am disappointed with them. I need work done on my teeth and they denied it from my dentist. Wish they had my problem. They would be thinking differently on it. Wish you people could help me out on getting a new bridge I need on my top front teeth.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The dental insurance through United used to be so strong and provided a large amount of services with higher levels of coverage. Unfortunately, with all insurances changing quite a bit, it's been a lower amount of services provided with a limited number of visits and certain services that have become almost obsolete. It's hard to use when it's not effective.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

United Healthcare is one of the largest companies and healthcare insurance providers in the world. The insurance provider has a large range of dental insurance plans for its clients.

• A huge network: Over 200,000 dentists are in United Healthcare's network.

• Medicare plans: Those with Medicare can apply for coverage.

• Free quotes: Prospective customers can estimate total costs on United's website.

• No waiting period: Never wait for preventive care or major procedures and preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deducible.

• Pediatric dental: Certain dental coverage for dependent under age 19 is offered through United HealthCare’s medical plan.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information