United Healthcare Dental Insurance
ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
They have just put into place that any work that needs to be done needs to now be approved by one of their in house dentists - without seeing me & they will determine if the work is needed REALLY!!! My dentist is not going to do work unless it is necessary - this is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. Bad enough they only cover $1500 which is nothing & most of the time they will only allow any major procedure once every 99 years. What the hell am I paying for - going to drop them soon & see if there is a better option. This is offered thru my employer, but most likely will purchase a new policy if I can find one on my own - not a happy camper!
Have UHC $2500 dental insurance benefits per year; worst dentists in network. UHC denies payment for dental cleanings; little of anything else. Not sure why it is provided as a benefit if every procedure is denied including payment for X-rays, ongoing for years; worthless.
My experience has been fine at my dentist. I wear dentures and my doctor did a great job of replacing them without any problems. I also had no hassles with payments.
We are happy we have insurance. Otherwise, going to the dentist is just paying for pain. Wish the dentist and dental assistants would not talk to you when they have their hands in your mouth and you can't talk back to them.
It's about the money, delay, denial. Keep the money despite purported $2500/yr benefits. Worst dentists in network. Complaints unresolved; dental negligence, malpractice; actionable.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?
- 913,100 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
They listen to me and I get sent to the right drs. and they have paid all of my claims. I recommend them to all of friends and family. I enjoy being able to talk to someone and I call, they are very helpful.
United Healthcare Dental Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy
United Healthcare is one of the largest companies and healthcare insurance providers in the world. The insurance provider has a large range of dental insurance plans for its clients.
- A huge network: Over 200,000 dentists are in United Healthcare's network.
- Medicare plans: Those with Medicare can apply for coverage.
- Free quotes: Prospective customers can estimate total costs on United's website.
- No waiting period: Never wait for preventive care or major procedures and preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deducible.
- Pediatric dental: Certain dental coverage for dependent under age 19 is offered through United HealthCare’s medical plan.
- Best for: United Healthcare is good for large employers looking for a dependable dental insurance plan as well as families looking for great coverage. The company has announced it will no longer sell insurance on federal and state exchanges in 2017.
Insurance Contributing Editor
Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.
United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information
- Company Name:
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance