3.9/5 (496 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have used this insurance for the last 5 years and they are absolutely amazing. Any procedure that I need I am able to get without paying any out of pocket expenses. They work with you when it comes to finding a great doctor and they explain everything to you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I had United Healthcare Dental Insurance at my last job & it was fabulous! It covered most procedures 80% (fillings, cleanings, etc.) I did make sure my dentist was in network/accepted. I didn't contact customer service for procedures as they were covered. If your dentist is outside the network, you may be able to submit your own claim.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I feel reassured when going to the dentist because of my provider and his team have my best interest at heart. Knowing they treat each patient with the utmost respect and pay attention to detail. Bedside manners shows that he really cares.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have never had a problem with my Dental insurance with United HealthCare Dual Complete. This insurance has great dental insurance and I would recommend it to everyone for good benefits and most Dentists take it, they provide good Dentistry at different locations and levels. No copayment if you choose the right plans and oppositions. Again I would recommend. I tried a new plan and I regret it. They fillings, cleanings and etc.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

HealthsafeID is worthless. On the registration screen it capitalized the first letter when you select a password but not on the sign-in screen when you enter in. Naturally you get rejected over and over. Resetting the password gets you nowhere! The site would be better if UHC didn’t use HealthsafeID at all.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

While UHC Medicare Advantage is fair for medical issues, their Dental Program is TERRIBLE. They denied claims to have a tooth evaluated and sent me to a local shopping center dentist for the extraction, then denied second opinions and visits to determine next steps. Then informed me I had exhausted my benefits before anything further could be done. I changed to Delta Dental just to get rid of UHC Dental. SENIORS BEWARE. UHC blames it on "coding errors". I blame it on the DENTAL DIVISION of UHC. Please report them to your local Medicare office.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Will not pay for CT scan of teeth. Will not you use your yearly amount of money towards an implant. This plan is not geared for seniors unless you want dentures. What wrong with permanent replacements? You need to catch up with modern dentistry.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

We switched to United Healthcare Dental thinking it would be good service we have been with UHCD since 1/1/21 and have yet to get my daughter ortho claims paid. I have called and spoken to so many different representative and as of 9/13/21 no resolution or payment made to the orthodontist office. I called 9/13/21 to be told that ortho office did not fill out the paperwork correctly yet no bothered to call or work with the ortho in obtaining the paperwork needed 9 months and no claims have been paid. Terrible insurance company - I will be canceling when my open enrollments begins next month.

Original review: March 12, 2021

It seems to be the minimum on everything from and it doesn't cover implants and most dentists in DFW don't accept this insurance. The cleanings and x-rays are also the minimum. I had to call over a dozen different dentists to find one that accepted my insurance plan.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I tried for over a week and spoke to at least eight different people with their company trying to find a dentist in network near me and in my opinion if you look up the words given the runaround in the dictionary their name would come up. Was told different things by different people and still haven't found anyone who will take their insurance and at least two of them promise to call me back. Still waiting on that as well.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

United Healthcare is one of the largest companies and healthcare insurance providers in the world. The insurance provider has a large range of dental insurance plans for its clients.

• A huge network: Over 200,000 dentists are in United Healthcare's network.

• Medicare plans: Those with Medicare can apply for coverage.

• Free quotes: Prospective customers can estimate total costs on United's website.

• No waiting period: Never wait for preventive care or major procedures and preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deducible.

• Pediatric dental: Certain dental coverage for dependent under age 19 is offered through United HealthCare’s medical plan.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Advisor

Cyril Tuohy has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information