3.8/5 (498 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Don't bother with their dental coverage. They list 8 dental providers on the AARP Medicare Advantage United Healthcare site as accepting coverage in my area but NONE take new patients. The closest I can get a dentist is over 12 miles away. No transportation provided for Medicare recipients. No openings until March 2023. Confirmed this with Patient Advocate Elli after being disconnected and placed on hold for over 2 hours this afternoon.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

This is through AARP medicare United Healthcare dental section. They denied my claim of recementing a inlay that fell out... Very simple, needed to be put back in, or get a new one. Cost for a new one is over $1,300, recement $185.. Won't pay for this... poor coverage...

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

HealthsafeID is worthless. On the registration screen it capitalized the first letter when you select a password but not on the sign-in screen when you enter in. Naturally you get rejected over and over. Resetting the password gets you nowhere! The site would be better if UHC didn’t use HealthsafeID at all.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

While UHC Medicare Advantage is fair for medical issues, their Dental Program is TERRIBLE. They denied claims to have a tooth evaluated and sent me to a local shopping center dentist for the extraction, then denied second opinions and visits to determine next steps. Then informed me I had exhausted my benefits before anything further could be done. I changed to Delta Dental just to get rid of UHC Dental. SENIORS BEWARE. UHC blames it on "coding errors". I blame it on the DENTAL DIVISION of UHC. Please report them to your local Medicare office.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have used this insurance for the last 5 years and they are absolutely amazing. Any procedure that I need I am able to get without paying any out of pocket expenses. They work with you when it comes to finding a great doctor and they explain everything to you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I had United Healthcare Dental Insurance at my last job & it was fabulous! It covered most procedures 80% (fillings, cleanings, etc.) I did make sure my dentist was in network/accepted. I didn't contact customer service for procedures as they were covered. If your dentist is outside the network, you may be able to submit your own claim.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Will not pay for CT scan of teeth. Will not you use your yearly amount of money towards an implant. This plan is not geared for seniors unless you want dentures. What wrong with permanent replacements? You need to catch up with modern dentistry.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I feel reassured when going to the dentist because of my provider and his team have my best interest at heart. Knowing they treat each patient with the utmost respect and pay attention to detail. Bedside manners shows that he really cares.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have never had a problem with my Dental insurance with United HealthCare Dual Complete. This insurance has great dental insurance and I would recommend it to everyone for good benefits and most Dentists take it, they provide good Dentistry at different locations and levels. No copayment if you choose the right plans and oppositions. Again I would recommend. I tried a new plan and I regret it. They fillings, cleanings and etc.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

We switched to United Healthcare Dental thinking it would be good service we have been with UHCD since 1/1/21 and have yet to get my daughter ortho claims paid. I have called and spoken to so many different representative and as of 9/13/21 no resolution or payment made to the orthodontist office. I called 9/13/21 to be told that ortho office did not fill out the paperwork correctly yet no bothered to call or work with the ortho in obtaining the paperwork needed 9 months and no claims have been paid. Terrible insurance company - I will be canceling when my open enrollments begins next month.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance author review by Cyril Tuohy

United Healthcare is one of the largest companies and healthcare insurance providers in the world. The insurance provider has a large range of dental insurance plans for its clients.

• A huge network: Over 200,000 dentists are in United Healthcare's network.

• Medicare plans: Those with Medicare can apply for coverage.

• Free quotes: Prospective customers can estimate total costs on United's website.

• No waiting period: Never wait for preventive care or major procedures and preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deducible.

• Pediatric dental: Certain dental coverage for dependent under age 19 is offered through United HealthCare’s medical plan.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Advisor

Cyril Tuohy has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information