3.33/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

United Healthcare Dental Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 23, 2017

6 United Healthcare Dental Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

They have just put into place that any work that needs to be done needs to now be approved by one of their in house dentists - without seeing me & they will determine if the work is needed REALLY!!! My dentist is not going to do work unless it is necessary - this is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. Bad enough they only cover $1500 which is nothing & most of the time they will only allow any major procedure once every 99 years. What the hell am I paying for - going to drop them soon & see if there is a better option. This is offered thru my employer, but most likely will purchase a new policy if I can find one on my own - not a happy camper!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Have UHC $2500 dental insurance benefits per year; worst dentists in network. UHC denies payment for dental cleanings; little of anything else. Not sure why it is provided as a benefit if every procedure is denied including payment for X-rays, ongoing for years; worthless.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 5, 2017

My experience has been fine at my dentist. I wear dentures and my doctor did a great job of replacing them without any problems. I also had no hassles with payments.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We are happy we have insurance. Otherwise, going to the dentist is just paying for pain. Wish the dentist and dental assistants would not talk to you when they have their hands in your mouth and you can't talk back to them.

Original review: April 25, 2017

It's about the money, delay, denial. Keep the money despite purported $2500/yr benefits. Worst dentists in network. Complaints unresolved; dental negligence, malpractice; actionable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Healthcare Dental Insurance?

Original review: April 22, 2017

They listen to me and I get sent to the right drs. and they have paid all of my claims. I recommend them to all of friends and family. I enjoy being able to talk to someone and I call, they are very helpful.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

United Healthcare is one of the largest companies and healthcare insurance providers in the world. The insurance provider has a large range of dental insurance plans for its clients.

• A huge network: Over 200,000 dentists are in United Healthcare's network.
    • Medicare plans: Those with Medicare can apply for coverage.
    • Free quotes: Prospective customers can estimate total costs on United's website.
    • No waiting period: Never wait for preventive care or major procedures and preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deducible.
    • Pediatric dental: Certain dental coverage for dependent under age 19 is offered through United HealthCare’s medical plan.
    • Best for: United Healthcare is good for large employers looking for a dependable dental insurance plan as well as families looking for great coverage. The company has announced it will no longer sell insurance on federal and state exchanges in 2017.
    Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
    Cyril Tuohy

Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

United Healthcare Dental Insurance Company Information