Unicare Dental
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Unicare Dental

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 25, 2017

10 Unicare Dental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

They have online access to handle claims or check on a claim and pick your dentist. Have a great value in services provided on a timely manner with prices listed on most common dental services. I also chose them based on the many different areas of procedures they cover, even smaller amounts would mean less out of pocket for me and less stress on waiting times in office. I do wish the plan paid a little more on the most basic service like cleanings and have the choice to make app appointments, plus really try to cover cosmetic dentistry procedures as well.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I looked online and chose a policy. I don't like being forced to see a dentist I am not comfortable with, but Unicare Dental lets me choose a dentist I like. They have more coverage on common things. But, I often have to skip needed services bc it is not covered.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I chose my policy through my husband's employer. I went online to complete the enrollment and everything was easy to understand. I like that it is a PPO dental insurance and I can go to any dentist I want. Which means a lot more dentist to chose from. I can choose a dentist close to my home and decide if I want a big or small dentist company. It is also a lot cheaper to have this PPO plan so it saves me more money. But even though I am very pleased with this policy, I wish call times were a little shorter. We all have busy lives and can't afford to wait for long periods of time. Otherwise I'm very pleased with what I have experienced so far.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I read up on Unicare Dental for a while on the web then answer some health questions for me and family members and then they wanted the names and birthdays of everyone in the household. It was fairly simple and easy. But, the cost was really high and when you go to the dentist there's a pretty high co-pay. I did not stay with this company but customer service was ok and they would try to help best they could.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

They provide the newest and easiest coverage for multiple types of families and people in general. I completed the purchasing process over the phone. The time it took was rather short surprisingly and the people were courteous and caring and seemed to be willing to help. We reviewed my options and went with the best available option for me. The policy provided to me ensures that I receive the best care at the lowest possible cost. Treatments options are all available and co-pays are some of the lowest I have seen. Mostly all dentist accept this insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UniCare Dental?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Unicare Dental has great customer care and when I call I never have to wait on the phone to speak to someone. Purchasing it was pretty easy, I was able to call and they helped me figure everything that I needed help with and have always helped me with all the questions that I have with the plans that they have to offer. They are all super nice.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I was given many options when signing up but this was the best one. It was purchased through an employer online and it was very easy. I like that they have a variety of dentists I am able to see in my area. Also, I like their customer service. At Unicare Dental, they are easily reachable when having questions and have the ability to get them answered while signing up. However, it does takes bit of time to get through to a person and it is harder to get specialty dental care like endodontist. They have higher pay caps, e.g. The maximum year allowance is lower than I am used to.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

It is a standard for work, it was the cheapest plan and has some good benefits that I needed for myself. As a single, female, this plan was important to me because of its pricing. It could be cheaper, but at least is accepted at the dentist. I wish there was more coverage for certain dental work, though.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Policy was established through friend recommendation. It was very simple to sign up for new policy. Process was completed through online website. Very easy to use. No help needed to complete the process. Great group of dentists. Insurance company itself is very helpful when it comes to filing a claim. If needed to talk to a representative it was very easy to get through to speak to someone. Assistants are very helpful and are eager and willing to help provide answers to whatever questions that you may need to have answered. All in all is a great insurance company provider.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I chose my policy by search up different policies for me and I did it online through computer. I think that the policy is very good and I haven't had any issues with it at all, however, the feature should improve to better further people in life and it need some improvement in a lot of areas so I recommend people giving a shout out to the company about some good updates.

UniCare Dental expert review by Cyril Tuohy

UniCare Dental believes the right dental care is key to overall health and specifically works to provide employers with quality insurance products at reasonable costs. UniCare's extensive network also ensures customers can find a nearby dentist.

• 100 percent in-network coverage plans: For preventive care and basic services, UniCare Dental covers 100 percent of costs during the visit.

• Flexible plan options: Policyholders can easily add or drop certain services such as fillings and implants.

• No waiting periods: Patients don't have to wait to get major dental work.

• Maximum benefit carryover: For plans with maximum benefit limitations, policyholders get to take unused leftover money into the next year.

• International dental care: Members can get emergency care from select dentists abroad.

• Best for: UniCare Dental is best for small businesses, people who need to customize their dental plan and people traveling outside the country.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy

Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Unicare Dental Company Information