Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

About Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate is an auto insurance company with a large network of agents throughout the country. It offers online quotes and provides coverage for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. You can file claims with Allstate online, and the company extends discounts for bundling multiple insurance policies.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Coverage in all states
  • Various discount programs
  • Innovative technological resources
Cons
  • Premium increases after first term
  • Ride for Hire not in all states

Featured Reviews

Verified
San Diego, CA

I have been a customer of Allstate for over 30 years.My agent Jordie ** and Assistant Dee makes sure I have the best coverage. When I had an accident, the claim was processed quic...

Verified
Gilbert, AZ

...after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs… Allstate's customer service has been gr...

About Allstate auto insurance

Allstate offers auto, home, renters, term life, condo, motorcycle and business insurance, as well as other coverage options. Allstate’s agents give auto policyholders personalized help and technological tools like Drivewise, and the company also offers specialty policies — e.g., classic car insurance and auto coverage for travel to Mexico.

Allstate extends its specialized packages to teen drivers, students and rideshare operators. Its policies include rewards, a safe driving bonus, accident forgiveness and new car replacement. Accident forgiveness coverage ensures a driver’s rates remain the same after an accident even if it’s their fault.

Allstate auto insurance coverage

To get a quote for Allstate’s car insurance, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth and address, as well as the year, make and model of your vehicle. You can file a claim and track it through the client portal. You’ll pick the type of coverage you want, choosing from:

• Collision
  • Personal umbrella
  • Uninsured
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Personal injury protection

After choosing your coverage, you’ll set coverage limits and select deductibles (make sure you take your state laws into consideration). Policyholders have access to resources like Drivewise and rideshare insurance, and some qualify for price cuts including new car and multipolicy discounts.

Allstate auto insurance rates

Average Allstate car insurance rates vary from around $1,770 to $1,983 per year. You can claim new car, multipolicy or teen driver discounts, and the company rewards good drivers with points that are redeemable for gift cards, sweepstakes and daily deals.

Allstate’s accident forgiveness policy ensures your rates won’t increase after an accident even if it’s your fault, and its Deductible Rewards program takes $100 off deductibles after sign-up and a further $100 off each year for safe driving (up to $500). Its Ride for Hire rideshare program provides deductible gap coverage for damages up to $2,500 but isn’t available in every state.

Allstate auto insurance FAQ

How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Cost depends on various factors, including the driver’s age and car model. For example, a 25-year-old driver will pay between $2,000 and $2,100, a 35-year-old driver will pay around $1,850 and a 60-year-old will pay about $1,750. The average cost per annum is $1,880.
Does Allstate have comprehensive car insurance coverage?
Yes. Its comprehensive coverage is for damage related to vandalism, hail, fallen trees, theft and other circumstances.
How far back in your driving record does Allstate look?
In most cases, Allstate checks your record up to five years prior.
How can I lower the price of my Allstate car insurance?
You should avoid getting speeding tickets, consider changing your coverage and focus on safe driving. You might qualify for bonus rewards, which reduce rates for responsible drivers. You can also get discounts for signing multiple policies, buying a new car or achieving good grades. Setting higher deductibles or parking your car in a garage will also lower your premiums.

Is Allstate car insurance good?

Allstate offers an easy-to-file claims process, and its services are available nationwide. While its rates can be a bit costly compared to competitors’, Allstate’s auto insurance is a solid option for drivers looking for convenient and accessible coverage with several policy options and flexible add-ons.

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 9%
  • 14%
  • 8%
  • 6%
  • 63%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?
    Customer Service

Reviewed June 20, 2024

When I first signed up for Allstate, I was happy to find that it was one of the cheapest car insurance companies! I told my family about them and soon we were all Allstate customers. However, after only one year, I watched my rate rise from $550 per 6 months to $650 per 6 months. The next year, it rose to $733 per 6 months. I contacted them and asked why my rate was so high. I’ve never been in an accident and my driving record is clean. The agent told me that all market rates were rising with inflation, and that if I wanted to sign up for Drivewise (from what my friends/family told me, they install a monitor in your car to watch your speed/driving habits), this could decrease my rate by 10% or so. I declined, seemed a little invasive.

The next year, my rate spiked to $962 per 6 months! That’s almost double what I had signed up for just 3 years earlier!! I contacted Allstate again and they gave me the same explanation and told me I could sign up for Drivewise to save 10%. I did a little research and easily found other companies (Progressive and Geico) who could put me back in the $500 - $600 range per 6 months. That same day, I called up Allstate, cancelled my insurance, called my family, and they all cancelled their insurance as well. 3 years ago, I would have referred all my friends to Allstate. Now, I tell all my friends to avoid Allstate!

Staff

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Allstate is horrible and their employees are incompetent! They overcharge you when you have a perfect driving record and then try to shove you into high-risk division if ever late!! Do not do business with them. You will regret it!!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed June 12, 2024

They illegally will add people to your policy just because they live in the same household and don't have access to your vehicle, they won't even need their drivers license to do so. They will then force that person to send all of their private information in order to remove them from the policy. They don't even verify that the person they add is legally allowed to drive. They take advantage of elderly people who don't know the law or know how to deal with insurance.

Coverage

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Just spent 10 minutes going through all the tedious questions to try and get a quick quote on snowmobile insurance coverage, and at the final step got an "we're sorry our website had a technical problem" error page. This is all the indication I need to not do business with them.

Customer ServiceClaims Handling

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Horrible, DON'T get hit by someone who has Allstate. They don't pay! I was hit in the left rear wheel of my truck. I was in the far right lane when their client struck me. I had photos and a witness and before the adjuster (Alonso **) even talked to me he sent me a letter saying he decided to decline my claim of $2300 because their client was not legally responsible. My truck is spotless and anyone who sees it knows it's well kept. He says in the letter he would be glad to speak with me but he never answers the phone. I leave message after message but he doesn't call back. Typical adjuster. He saves the company money so he makes more. In short unless my truck learned to fly there's no way their client isn't responsible. I was traveling straight with no way to turn away from her and she turned into traffic with her right front bumper and light hit my left rear wheel. Typical big company who doesn't want to do the right thing and pay.

Reviewed June 9, 2024

This is a horrible horrible company. I am rear-ended by a person who has barely any insurance. My car damage is 13 Grand and now I am without a car after paying all my insurance to this company and they've done nothing for me. I've had to deal with the other insurance companies, nobody from Allstate help me at all and again I'm now without a vehicle because nobody at All State actually gave a crap to fight for me, instead they made me do all the work myself. Not sure why I'm paying an insurance company if I'm the one doing all the leg work and now I am actually without a vehicle.

Coverage

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Worst car insurance ever!!! They don’t listen to customer’s needs and charged me doubled. Don’t ever sign up for auto pay they took my mortgage money knowing I’m a student with minimal income! They are careless.

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I had always been happy with Allstate—When a tree fell on my car several years ago they quickly assessed the damage and direct deposited a check in my account. BUT then over the years I saw the cost of my insurance steadily climb to an absurd rate….and I’m a middle aged woman with no prior accidents or tickets yet being charged over $350/month for average coverage. I called and they offered to make the coverage even less to lower the price (said that’s all they could do). Meanwhile I’m getting quotes for $80-100/month. I finally got smart and switched and I’m kicking myself for not doing this faster.

Staff

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Totally useless—the people who work there are so ineffective that they can't even apply basic common sense to understand and assess a situation. If the other person is at fault, they'll attempt to shift the blame onto you to secure their financial gain. They are capable of altering the statements of the witnesses at their convenience and discretion. Beware of these individuals. I’m definitely going to change my insurance.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I will be switching to a different company asap. Every time my renewal comes my insurance has went up and then when I cancelled my renters insurance and got homeowners insurance they charged me $86 which makes no sense cause they still took the monthly payment.

Allstate Auto Insurance Company Information