Fast Free Quotes

Allstate Auto Insurance
3.64/5
Based on 1,410 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Excellent financial strength to meet its claims obligations
  • Discounts include new car, multiple policy, smart student, anti-theft device and anti-lock brake discounts
  • A leading car insurer in the United States
  • Offers Allstate eSmart, EZ pay plan, FullPay, early signing, responsible payer, accident forgiveness, deductible rewards and Safe Driving Club discounts
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases
  • Prices are slightly above industry average

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I'm only with the company for probably I would say 5 years. To me that's still a little too early to give an honest opinion with no real big claims other than minor. But the only reason why I'm still with Allstate is because of my local Allstate store. Most of all my local Allstate dealership is in my town. The individuals there make you feel like you're family. They even send you a happy birthday song when it's your birthday. They really go the extra mile to make sure you're comfortable and if you have any questions feel free to call them at any time. Most of all the prices are pretty fair to coverage is very good.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Sometimes I don't get follow up. Explain my policy and what actually cover's. Have heard a lot of negative things about their coverage. Not covering things. Ask them to take a look at my roof after wind damage and they said my roof was fine but I'm not having any leaks but the roof has several shingles missing and I'm wondering why they didn't say it was in the damage. Close friends said they drop Allstate because they called out about roof damage and some other damages and they denied the claims. Why is that even in the hurricane season. I've heard but they gave me a good price on my coverage but why pay for coverage if they won't cover it. I don't understand that so I'm thinking about choosing another one another insurance because my very good friend said she had been with Allstate for years and she had to let him go because they didn't cover the roof damage that she had.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My agent always emails me on any new issues with my policy. He's very friendly. And my rates are reasonable for my budget. Allstate keeps in touch when and if my rates are going to get higher or lower, they never lie to me or keep secrets from me. As to my previous carrier, they were always raising the price every month without notice to me. And they never communicated to me on what's going on with my policy. Plus when I tried to call the agent of the old carrier, they were never available. Allstate has not disappointed me for 5 yrs now. My old carrier was State Farm, I will never go back to them. Allstate is #1 to us.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I've been with Allstate since being added to my parent's policy at 16. I'm now 53 and have never had a problem with any claim. The service has always been fast and reliable. I even had a claim that I thought I could fix myself and waited 6 months before realizing I couldn't and couldn't really prove what happened anymore and Allstate took care of it in a week on my word of what happened. All the Allstate representatives have been amazing! I will never go anywhere else. Thank you to everyone at Allstate! Keep up the great work!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I was in a accident with a driver who had Allstate. It wasn't my fault, but I knew how insurance companies don't like to pay out and was expecting Allstate to give me a hard time. Thankfully this wasn't the case however. Allstate took full responsibility for the accident and also provided me a rental car. In addition, they have been nothing but kind and understanding to me during the whole process. It's nice to know there are good people out there in times when you need them the most. Thanks Allstate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

When I started my policy, Allstate didn't tell me about the penalty when I cancel it mid-time. I cancelled it when the policy is active and they have charged a lot of hidden fees, penalties. I received a very small refund amount of my unused premium compared to what I have paid during the start of the policy. Very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Had an accident, called Allstate to report it, Allstate forwarded the call to the agency, reported the accident to the agency rep, rep claimed it was now taken care of, but rep never entered accident report into the system. The adjuster then found it "odd" I didn't report the accident. Allstate eventually found me at fault for the accident - my car was stationary at a stop sign when someone else hit it. Adam was never available to talk about the issue. After I fired his agency and posted negative reviews, Adam suddenly had time to email, call. Now wherever I write a review, Adam claims I harassed him, and writes that I shouldn't have accidents. Not much a driver can do when not moving to avoid someone else hitting the stationary car. This agent is no good, and overall Allstate is the Bad Hands People.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was involved in a fender bender caused by another driver. I have been trying to reach my adjuster to get a status update but have not received a callback in over a week. I then proceeded to get his supervisors number and call him with my complaint..he too has not responded. Don't lecture me on how busy adjusters are or that stalling is a common tactic because this isn't the first time this has happened in all my years as an Allstate customer. I literally just need one call with a quick update but I can't even get that. I'm fed up and now have decided to leave a review. My time is just as valuable as anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I thought I had set up a conventional policy for our two vehicles. Was set up with Milewise instead. Would never have set this up as neither my husband nor myself would ever add a device to our vehicles that tracks anything. They supposedly sent 2 devices out and then charged us out the wazzoo for not having them installed. We never got them. Plus I told our agent we never wanted them to begin with. Not happy at all. Feel cheated and scammed. We have already paid a small fortune since October and have nothing to show for it but the hassle we have been put through.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

So I called in a Hail Claim on my home and 2 auto claims Hail Damage. Happened Oct 20 and still don't have a check. Had put on my cc the repairs bill. Sucks Allstate ...Allstate Inspector came out to my home in Weatherford Texas and everyone on block already has a new roof but they tried come out lowball my estimate. Put a check in my mailbox. I Rejected it, sent it back Certified and it's Nov 25 and still no check for repairs! Ludicrous...Don't go with Allstate. Bad move.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky