Allstate Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My vehicle was hit by a customer of Allstate. This was the start of a horrible experience. Other driver attempted a U-turn on a 3 lane roadway from the right lane into the path of my vehicle. Allstate said it would take 2 to 3 week to get the police report and verify everything. My insurance got it in 2 days. There was a witness which proves fault. While obtaining the Allstate claim number I was told that a rental vehicle could be obtained if fault was proven as their customer same as my vehicle (GMC Yukon Denali). I received a letter stating that they would cover up to $20.00 daily and other stupid restrictions. Shame to have to get a lawyer for a fender bender. To all that will listen DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ALLSTATE. Still trying to to get my vehicle fixed. Accident date 5/30/2017.

We just purchased 6 months worth of vehicle insurance for several vehicles at our home. The amount of close to $2800 for 5 vehicles. We wrote them a check, and I thought that was the end of it. One of the vehicle and a recall, and we decided to get new brake pads and an oil change while we were at the dealership. We wrote them a check too. A few days later, the bank notified us that our $674 check to Lexus was returned. This happened right when the bank was closing, so I had to wait until the next day. I couldn't even get $20 dollars worth of gas for my truck.

The next morning, I reviewed with the bank what all was deducted recently. I found out that Allstate had deducted $2800 dollars from my bank account TWICE! That caused my check with Lexus to be returned, and I have no money in my bank account until Allstate refunds the $2800 they deducted from my bank account. The issue is still unresolved, and I have bills that are due. Due to Allstate, I was forced to deposit some saved and backup cash in my bank account just to pay some bills. On top of that, Allstate has to wait for corporate to refund my $2800 dollars that they basically stole from me. It's been 48 hours since this incident has happened, and I still don't have my money. On top of that, our insurance rates seems to be going up.

We have not had any wrecks or speeding tickets in years. The most recent one was a deer that ran out in front of us, but apparently, that's our fault too according to Allstate. God knows when I will be refunded the money they stole from me because they were never given permission from me to deduct an extra $2800 from my bank account. How can it be an accident when I wrote them a damn check with the precise amount? What if this happened to someone who didn't have the backup money or saved money until their stolen money was returned? I guess Allstate would have to let that person starve to death or their electricity cut off. Allstate's slogan should be, "YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS!" I will provide the proof of the receipt, and the bank statement portion showing where $2800 dollars is deducted twice when I get a chance. I don't have it with me at the moment.

My granddaughter (Crystal **) was in an accident on August 31, 2015. She was rear ended by a driver that had only liability and was sandwiched between two cars and got a spinal injury. She is a single mom. Now she is trying to collect loss of wages, home care and underinsured motorist from Allstate and they do not want to pay. They advertise "CLAIM SATISFACTION GUARANTEE". Claims are Settled "FAST, FAIR AND HASSLE FREE". That is a false statement because my granddaughter's attorney has been trying to get the underinsured motorist claim # ** paid because the person at fault only had liability so why do we pay for underinsured motorist and then when we try to collect it they do not want to pay for it and they have been working on it for almost three months. And now we are going to have to go through arbitration which will take 5 to 6 months.

The loss of wages and home care that she is trying to collect claim # ** has been going on for 5 months and it still isn't settled. She sent them 5 years of medical records which isn't much because she wasn't sick much till the accident which her spine was hurt badly. Allstate doesn't want to pay any of her claims. You pay the premiums and then when you try to collect they do not want to pay. We are going to have to go to court and when we do it is going to be a jury trial because she used Allstate financial aid for the rest of her life and she is a single mom. I have never been more upset and furious with Allstate Insurance.

I involved in car accident on Sunday. I was T-Boned from the drunk lady coming out from the bar. She pass the Red light and T-boned me. I have a Police report and witnesses. I was unconscious for almost 8 hours from the time that accident occurred. I woke in the Hospital. I didn't remember anything about what happened at all. I called my friend to help me with the situation and she did, while I don't have no family in USA. My friend take care of all my doctors appointment, financial and lawsuit documentation because I'm disability. I have lower back pain, chest pain and TBI. I'm on a lots of medication right now. So I file a lawsuit against Allstate and bar.

I had a little settlement from the bar. Allstate Insurance pays for almost 2 months of my Physical therapy and some doctors and they stop paying for everything. They say that I didn't have the car insurance at the time of the incident. That is UNBELIEVABLE. Had all my profs of my insurance. I had automatic payment and 0 had enough money in my account. The agent set up my policy. I went to Allstate agency to get insurance. The Agent give me car and home insurance (bundle). All State Insurance or the agent plays with my policy. When I called 1800 Allstate to check on my policy and they said you have insurance at the time of incident. I didn't understand this situation. It took me 2 years to settle my case and I didn't gets NOTHING. I am ripped DO NOT GET ALLSTATE INSURANCE. BAD EXPERIENCE.

I've sadly had Allstate insurance for 22 years: home and auto. I recently filed an auto claim after an unfortunate incident with the weather causing damage to my car. I drive an older classic car which I keep fully insured. Allstate seems fine if you never file a claim, but file a claim and that is when you get treated like crap. I was accused of lying by the inspecting agent as to how the car was damaged. That was the first problem, the second problem was when he said, "Just because you have insurance doesn't mean I have to fix your car." Really? 22 years and I don't abuse my insurance and I'm treated like this? The only other claim I filed was when there was a break in in my home and once again, they accused me of lying, and continued to send letters (after they paid only 30% of the total amount stolen) stating that if the items "magically appeared" to please let them know. So that is two claims and the treatment is horrible for both of them.

If you don't want to fix an old car, then don't have insurance for it, but don't treat me this way. Then to top it off, while trying to figure out the rental car, the right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing and I get charged all sorts of extra fees. Oh, they say they'll take care of it, but they don't. Good hands? More like give them a hand out for nothing and watch my money disappear. If you want pay someone to be treated like a criminal, sign up with Allstate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

I chose Allstate some years ago for our auto insurance based on recommendations at first. When I sat down to get a quote for our newly purchased car at the time, I also found out that by us having excellent credit scores our premiums would be lower than those who do not. I like that we can be rewarded for being responsible with credit. They also have the "vanishing deduction" that lowers your deductible by $100/year for every year you have no accident claims. After 5 years accident free we now have 0 deductible! I have tried a few times to have comparative quotes from other companies including AAA and it always came back to being a better deal with Allstate. Also, they have responsive to questions in the past and when I have ever had to contact my Allstate agent for anything it was quickly and professionally handled. So, so far so good!

I like Allstate and the ability to conduct business online efficiently; print insurance cards, pay bills, and file claims online, etc. I don't think, however, that the cost of coverage is competitive. Otherwise, I like that questions are answered quickly and reminders are friendly. In filing a claim, they are efficient and fair.

Allstate Auto Insurance is not what I expect from a company like theirs. All they do is raise prices with no value to customer. They like others, use computors and the billing gets screwed up. So many times we have had to call the office to correct things, they don't always have the answers. I feel like we are not even recognize as customers in their company.

Allstate is all good. You get what you pay for. Everyone should buy uninsured driver insurance. There is a plethora of illegal aliens that drive without (cost prohibited) insurance. Uninsured driver rider to applicable policies! It covers damages where an uninsured driver is without insurance. Claim was handled and paid in five days. $8,000. I always had the way to contact the claims rep! Allstate is a premium company that had the where with all to settle claims without haggling over pennies. Very nice people in all departments. Allstate is a good reason to have a good driving record.

Local agent is good and national Company is OK. But they have a rewards program that is a joke. Also, should have helped more when I was run into by a non-insured driver but Allstate would not pursue them.

Allstate is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with, and I would never recommend anyone use them. Unfortunately, my 18 year old daughter was hit by an Allstate customer. They never bothered to call any of the witnesses, wouldn't return my call and finally settled on paying 80% of the claim when my daughter was 100% the victim. There were at least a dozen witnesses to the accident, but no one at Allstate even bothered to call them for their statement. I asked on about 8 occasions if they were going to call but just got the run-around. I believe they just try to wear you down to the point that you just take whatever they give so the ordeal goes away. I have warned everyone I know to beware of Allstate. I will personally never use them and will submit a claim through my insurance carrier (State Farm) anytime in the future instead of dealing with these crooks at Allstate. Definitely beware!!

Was in an accident with an Allstate insured driver. I was traveling on a 3 lane road in which I was in the middle lane. There was a car on the left of me & a white SUV on the right of me. All of a sudden the driver on the right of me began to come over in my lane (I think I was in her blind spot) before I could hit my horn she had side swipe me. I was hold my steering wheel so tight as to not be pushed in the car on my left!

Anyway, got in touch with her insurance (which was Allstate), sent them all the information they needed (including police report which stated that their insured driver was at fault) and waited for them to get back to me. Well they did & settled the claim. I called my mechanic (he & Allstate had spoken to settle on how much it would cost to fix the damage) to give him the news & he told me how much they had settled upon. It was about a $400-$450 difference then what they had sent me!

I called & asked why & they told me they was only gonna pay 80% because I hadn't blew my horn!!! She came into my lane & hit me! I didn't have time to hit my horn! I was concerned about holding on to my steering wheel as to not be pushed into the car that was on my left! Are they kidding??? Something needs to be done about this! This is robbery & fraud! I will be writing to the CEO & the BBB!!

A 5 rating would be flawless. At fault accident March, 2016. Appreciate the quick resolution of my claim, but feel Allstate dropped the ball when keeping me informed on the status of the other involved part's claim.

For Auto Insurance they work quite fast. They also gave me options as to what I can do in term of how I want to make the claim. The claim officer was very pleasant and understanding, she made the whole process went smoothly. The claims procedure was simple, the file was started pretty much right away. Then they did a follow up call to make sure I received all the necessary information. Their service wasn't perfect, however, they were courteous and pleasant.

Allstate has road service, and each service call is referred to as a "claim". No problems have been experienced with them. When one calls, it is a human that answers, and never gets sent to voicemail.

NO ONE is in good hands with Allstate. This company SUCKS!!! One of their insured backed into my stationary vehicle, with me sitting in it. The Allstate rep was extremely rude not only to me but to their insured. I would call to ask questions and everyone I spoke with was rude, right down to the Supervisor, Steve. Sharelle, the claims rep was pleasant but didn't always seem knowledgeable. I pray that I don't ever have to deal with Allstate again after this is over and I would never purchase or recommend that anyone else purchase anything from them. In goods hands, my ass...

We've had Allstate insurance for over 36 years and couldn't be more satisfied with them. Our Allstate agent is extremely responsive to our needs and regularly follows up with us to make sure our questions have been answered and that our coverage is adequate for today's replacement and medical costs. Our agent and his staff are very knowledgeable of Allstate's products and is always willing to make the extra step to meet our needs. Their website is easy to use with great detail of their services. Also, Allstate's claims process was so quick and extremely easy, we had our check in hand within 7-10 days.

Allstate have very good people working for them but have recently gone to the Philippines for services. They are hard to understand and don't know insurance. Allstate pushes the rates in every state to the limit. The board of directors are very greedy at any cost!!

Allstate is the worst. The agent wrote the policy wrong for my car insurance without my knowledge and I found out the hard when one day a transaction was more than I pay a month. When I called he quit so another agent took over. Everything got worse and downhill from there. So he gave me the quote since I have the house insurance too so there was a good discount then he asked for a letter of experience from my husband but I had cancel my other car insurance already since the agent told me to since this will be what I'm paying, so knew that letter of experience is needed and I never was put through the system and I didn't you have to have a 2-3 year mark having car insurance.

The agents know but tell you that info after going around in circles fixing my policy and quote which was able to be done. It took almost 2 months and corporate denied it because of how the agent wrote it. Why do I have to pay for their mistakes, he shouldn't have told to cancel my insurance until he verify everything first, Allstate took back all the discounts and backdated them since I had my insurance with them. Does that make any sense. They want $3600, I was like "No!" why do I have to pay for their mistakes. They a computer that has all my info of how long I drove and when I had any accidents. That have it all in their system.

I don't know all the policy and info. They should tell me. Why hide info when they know it. Not only that my bank account all got denied by them that they won't pay the rest of my overdraft fees that they took out without my consent and knowledge not explaining why and what happened. It was 3 weeks when I noticed the overdraft fees was due to them. When I cancel my auto insurance with them I have to pay the mistake fees making a loss of $650. Horrible company who have so many mistakes that don't fix making the customer to pay and you can go into collections. So stupid.

I've used Allstate for almost 40 years and never had a problem with them. I've always found my agents (I had multiple agents over the course of 40 yrs) too friendly, concerned and knowledgeable. They will take the time to explain anything that you don't understand or need clarified. They have always worked to get me the best coverage at an affordable price and the few claims that I have had in the past were quickly settled. The only complaint I have is what everyone thinks is that auto insurance today way out of hand.

I was a faithful customer for 25 years with AllState Eli Dafesh agency of Anaheim, California. It's the worst of the worst for home insurance. In 2013, I had my first claim for water damage in the kitchen master bedroom and hallway into another kids room. They have the minimum in rerouting the line into the attic and changed the parquet in one room and denied the kitchen lowers cabinets of the whole kitchen by a junior inexperienced adjuster. They covered only $4500. I had to spend on my own in excess of $12000 to repair the kitchen. Then they decided to drop my insurance coverage the following year. Their motto is YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS AS LONG AS YOU DON'T FILE A CLAIM and if you do THEY LET YOU FALL AND SLIP BETWEEN THE HANDS AND FINGERS and most importantly they will cover 25% of the claim.

I just got off the phone with Wanda, an Allstate Insurance representative and I could not believe how rude she was. She told me Allstate would not insure me on the vehicle I have been driving for nearly ten years, because the car's title is in my mother's name. She insisted that in the state of California I could not be insured on a car I do not own. She was terribly rude when informing me of this false information. I have been insured through many insurance companies, and NEVER have they told me I couldn't have an insurance policy on a car I drove.

The car was purchased by me in my mother's name, and I have never been told by any insurance company that I couldn't be insured prior to this incident. I was very nice to this woman and explained that to her and she insisted I was wrong. What a way to handle a possible client. I WILL NEVER USE ALLSTATE FOR ANY OF THEIR POLICIES, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. This was just terribly unprofessional, and so misinformed. Then again look at their ratings, suddenly it all makes sense.

I'm a very good and compassionate driver for over 30 yrs. I'm 61 yrs now... which helps in my rates! As also the car I drive... The personnel, some of which is the company's family... makes me feel welcomed, and appreciated giving me what I asked for quickly with clear information and understandings!! I never made any claims as of yet, but they are great at answering my questions, and are friendly at customer services!! I've dealt with this company for about 25 yrs and I have No Real Reason to change ever!! I know about insurance companies not being there, when you may need them, but I have yet to entertain that fear!! :-)

Allstate advertises refund checks with demonstration of a good driving record. I've never seen one in almost 15yrs being with them. I've never filed a claim. My car is now 10 yrs old, no DUI's, accidents or tickets. I'm over 60... my rates increase. It's profit for the insurance company. Dare you have an accident, you file a claim, your rates will sky rocket. Why do we purchase insurance?

This company is one of 3 in NJ (one being USAA-MILITARY with limited membership) so ONLY 2 that provide "RIDESHARE INSURANCE" for Uber, Lyft, Juno, etc. Even though other insurers provide this type of ins. in other states... I had to go from Progressive to GEICO to NOW Allstate.

My wife was backed into in a parking lot. No injury but my wife's new car is damaged. New car first scratch my wife is devastated. The driver who hit our car is covered (Allstate). I settled my wife down and explained we will get it fixed. After weeks of waiting and Mr ** Allstate adjuster caught in his first lie he sent emails. They denied my claim stating my wife is somewhat responsible. I guess she had no business shopping that day. I asked Mr ** if he had photos. Second lie he said yes. Confirmed later no photos on file. He gets super aggressive and tells me it's final denied. After playing phone tag with his supervisor - she stated my claim was denied. Out of the 10 photos I sent she was reviewing 1.

The supervisor apologizing she was having a hard time viewing as the photo was upside down due to her system not letting her rotate it. She states, and I wish I was lying, the evidence, the upside down photo and the fact that their client moved their car my claim was denied. I asked her to listen to herself and she still missed it. That stupid - stupid company. Really you can't determine my case. I told her to stand on her head and look again.

The company has helpful kind individuals who make any claims go quickly and smoothly. Although I've had only one claim, it was taken care of completely and swiftly. Also, it was easy. The Plumber call them and I didn't have to do a thing.

I've been with Allstate since 1972, the cost is completely fair, and I looked into other companies and none could provide the coverage I have at lower costs. When I first married in 1979 I was concerned about the coverage because my wife had a seizure disorder, and before getting married her insurance company dropped her because someone backed into her car in her apartments parking lot. I called my Allstate agent, informed him of the situation and he politely informed me that there would be NO increase of the cost of the Insurance. I spoke to other insurance companies and each one of them had a special higher rate because of her situation. After all these years Allstate has not increased the cost of my policy even when they added features to it. When I filed a claim over 25 years ago, Allstate responded and completed it within 10 days of the report.

They beat Geico coverage for my auto and umbrella. I just signed up with them so I am going to have to wait and see how their customer service compares. I was with geico for several years and never had a claim, but when I had the opportunity to get more coverage for a few dollars more it was definitely worth the switch.

I was in an accident with a person that had ALLSTATE INS. He was at fault. Dealing with them has been a nightmare the entire time. They have done things that were threatening to me, like telling me that I had to repair my car with the insurance check or they would give me less. (Joe **) Allstate. Then as I was trying to manage my medical injuries, preparing to have surgery, I received a call from (Steve **) Allstate. A day before my surgery was to happen telling me that I better check my own car insurance allowance because his client doesn't have much insurance. Making me think that they might not pay for my medical bills.

Then in order to protect my job and not have to ask off for a second surgery, I went through other options of treating for a injury that now they say they won't pay for because I didn't get the second surgery sooner. My worry was that I would lose my job if I had to take off for another surgery. As it is I am unable to work the hours that I was working before the accident due to the pain that I am still facing. I thought waiting to get the second surgery was also a way to save Allstate money because if wearing a boot and getting therapy would help the injury that's what I wanted to do.

So now they are not paying for that surgery that I needed in the beginning because I waited. They are forcing me to get an attorney over a few thousand dollars when in the end it will cost them so much more and probably, even their insured. So really you are never in Good Hands with ALLSTATE no matter whether you are one of their insured or if you are filing a claim they are responsible for.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.
  • Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.
  • Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.
  • Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.
  • Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.
  • Best for Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Compare Auto Insurance