Fast Free Quotes

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5
Based on 1,392 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Excellent financial strength to meet its claims obligations
  • Discounts include new car, multiple policy, smart student, anti-theft device and anti-lock brake discounts
  • A leading car insurer in the United States
  • Offers Allstate eSmart, EZ pay plan, FullPay, early signing, responsible payer, accident forgiveness, deductible rewards and Safe Driving Club discounts
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases
  • Prices are slightly above industry average

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I'm only with the company for probably I would say 5 years. To me that's still a little too early to give an honest opinion with no real big claims other than minor. But the only reason why I'm still with Allstate is because of my local Allstate store. Most of all my local Allstate dealership is in my town. The individuals there make you feel like you're family. They even send you a happy birthday song when it's your birthday. They really go the extra mile to make sure you're comfortable and if you have any questions feel free to call them at any time. Most of all the prices are pretty fair to coverage is very good.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Sometimes I don't get follow up. Explain my policy and what actually cover's. Have heard a lot of negative things about their coverage. Not covering things. Ask them to take a look at my roof after wind damage and they said my roof was fine but I'm not having any leaks but the roof has several shingles missing and I'm wondering why they didn't say it was in the damage. Close friends said they drop Allstate because they called out about roof damage and some other damages and they denied the claims. Why is that even in the hurricane season. I've heard but they gave me a good price on my coverage but why pay for coverage if they won't cover it. I don't understand that so I'm thinking about choosing another one another insurance because my very good friend said she had been with Allstate for years and she had to let him go because they didn't cover the roof damage that she had.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My agent always emails me on any new issues with my policy. He's very friendly. And my rates are reasonable for my budget. Allstate keeps in touch when and if my rates are going to get higher or lower, they never lie to me or keep secrets from me. As to my previous carrier, they were always raising the price every month without notice to me. And they never communicated to me on what's going on with my policy. Plus when I tried to call the agent of the old carrier, they were never available. Allstate has not disappointed me for 5 yrs now. My old carrier was State Farm, I will never go back to them. Allstate is #1 to us.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I've been with Allstate since being added to my parent's policy at 16. I'm now 53 and have never had a problem with any claim. The service has always been fast and reliable. I even had a claim that I thought I could fix myself and waited 6 months before realizing I couldn't and couldn't really prove what happened anymore and Allstate took care of it in a week on my word of what happened. All the Allstate representatives have been amazing! I will never go anywhere else. Thank you to everyone at Allstate! Keep up the great work!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I was in a accident with a driver who had Allstate. It wasn't my fault, but I knew how insurance companies don't like to pay out and was expecting Allstate to give me a hard time. Thankfully this wasn't the case however. Allstate took full responsibility for the accident and also provided me a rental car. In addition, they have been nothing but kind and understanding to me during the whole process. It's nice to know there are good people out there in times when you need them the most. Thanks Allstate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I gave it 1 star because its's the lowest option and that's still too much much!! Allstate DOES NOT PAY their claims.. I was hit by one of their policyholders and they bullied me the whole time I spoke to them and sent a letter saying there was no proof that their policyholder was responsible, so they denied the claim. I did not call the police when it happened, but even people with police records have been denied. The own policyholder told me his car had issues stopping sometimes and that was the reason he rarely drove it. He gave me his insurance card and a pic of his driver's license ALLSTATE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!! BEWARE.. Get a lawyer, that's my advice to anyone that gets hit by an Allstate policyholder.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have been with the Allstate company for over 15 years now without any claims, both home and auto. Over the Holiday we got into an accident. I was told by my claim contact person that we can take our vehicle anywhere to get it repaired. Now, after the vehicle is finally repaired Allstate refused to satisfy the repair cost, because the shop we chose, their labor rate is more expensive than the shops they normally do business with. Now, we left with $800.00 out of pocket. This was unacceptable! Allstate just want to take your hard earn money, but will not stand by you when you need them. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Horrible insurance company. Would not pay their claims, even if accident report shows their insured being at fault. 0 stars. Don't ever get insured with this company. It's not a first claim is handled like that. They don't pay their claims.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My brand new car was rear ended by a gentleman who did not have the ability to stop his car due to his impairments with Parkinson's disease. Allstate requested substantiated market data regarding diminution in value on the vehicle. This was accomplished via two creditable sources. In spite of evidence for the loss amount, Allstate stated "our compromise offer of $2000 is firm, no further offers of settlement will be voluntarily forthcoming." Their offer is less than half of the proven loss value. I required physical therapy which Allstate paid all but $174.92.

Medicare Consent release form was completed, however no payment was paid for my injury/treatment. Numerous contacts have been made for fair and reasonable resolution since the accident took place on June 21, 2018. Agents do not reply to any avenues of my communications. I am a nurse by profession. This unfortunate gentleman who rear ended me should not have been driving. Allstate failed to protect him from potential serious harm and all other travelers were at risk. "Allstate...You're in good hands" does not apply in this scenario.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Allstate client rear ended my daughter and totaled the nice little older ranger I bought 14 weeks earlier, took 9 days to even hear back from them, sent an adjuster over unannounced when nobody was around, never offered a rental car, and then had a “total loss rep” call me and tell me they were gonna only pay about $1300 less than what I just paid for, and if I didn’t like it take it up with my insurance company. Between CCC One and the total loss dept they should be investigated for the criminals they are. I intend to pursue this matter as far as I need to, up to them, it’s a matter of principle not money now.

Not sure about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor