Call toll free*
Based on 188 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free
It's that easy*

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Last updated: May 26, 2018

1681 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

Worst company ever. Refused my claim because they couldn't find paperwork from 9 years ago. I am not responsible for what a company did not send. 20+ years a good customer and at least $200,000 later. They even denied my auto claim. I pray you will be investigated a prosecuted.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My wife was rear-ended in a highway accident by an idiot covered by Allstate. They assumed 100% fault. After 4 months of nothing being paid by them, we retained counsel. 8 months later they are still lowballing the bills for medical and trying to weasel out of any pain and suffering. They need to be investigated by the Federal Government for unfair insurance practices. Those insured by them really don't provide liability coverage to those they hit while on cellphones.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I tried to pay the Vehicle Registration Fee to the DMV on-line. This was impossible since Allstate reported that I have not paid my Premium at a time when my Premium was not even due back in March of 2018. The Premium was due on May 18th. I spoke with the Allstate Insurance Office in San Francisco on May 16th (Ms. Lourdes) and she stated that she will speak with the DMV on my behalf and that it should wait 24-48 hrs for them to re-set their system to capture that the Premium was fully paid. That was on May 16th. Since nothing happened I reached out and spoke with Kyle at the Allstate HQ on May 18th. He also wanted to address this issue with the DMV electronically since I was unable to speak with the DMV myself as calls are put on hold for more than 6 hrs and then disconnected.

Today on May 21 I called the Allstate Insurance Group again via their on-line telephone system. That dilapidated system recognized my Caller ID and advised that I should pay my Premium before anyone would talk to me and transferred my call back to the Agency in SF, where I learned that the woman I spoke with on May 16th (Lourdes) does not even work there. I was told to send a check - along with some evidence of Insurance Premium payment - and then wait and see. I can not recommend Allstate for that this type of "unprofessional service" was not an isolated incidence.

Original review: May 16, 2018

It is easy to file a claim with the number on the back of my card, but harder to get an estimate since they no longer do it in office like before. My local office is always trying to sell me more insurance which I don't need. Also Allstate is very expensive insurance. They changed policy that says it won't cover anyone but my husband and I in case of an emergency on my policy. I'm not happy.

Original review: May 16, 2018

On 04/26/2018, a driver covered by Allstate Insurance backed into our stationary vehicle in an attempt to get into a parking spot. Due to the fact that the car was moving backward against the flow of traffic and driving very erratically, there was no time to take evasive action. A witness to the accident corroborates this account and has provided a statement to this effect to our insurance company.

After wasting an entire week and collecting no evidence other than the photographs we submitted, Allstate came to the conclusion that we are 50% responsible for the collision. Furthermore, they created a ridiculously low repair estimate (again, based on photographs and not an examination of the vehicle) that does not include rental car costs for the repair duration. After wasting another 8 days, during which the claim manager ceased returning our phone calls, they have stood by their decision to only pay for 50% of their estimated repair costs (again, not including rental car).

This is despite having been provided full evidence related to the incident from our insurance company (Geico), including a diagram of the scene and the witness statement that corroborates the correct version of events that led to the collision (our insurance company considers us 0% responsible based on the actual evidence). Allstate specifically refuses to consider this witness statement as part of their case evidence, stating explicitly that they "do not believe the witness statement was a value changing necessity."

In summary, Allstate is engaging in unfair claim settlement practices which are illegal under Arizona law (and I presume other states as well). Specifically, ARS 20-461 states that companies are prohibited from (emphasis mine): Failing to acknowledge and act reasonably and promptly upon communications with respect to claims arising under an insurance policy. Not attempting in good faith to effectuate prompt, fair and equitable settlements of claims in which liability has become reasonably clear. Refusing to pay claims without conducting A REASONABLE INVESTIGATION BASED UPON ALL AVAILABLE INFORMATION. All of this is both illegal and unethical. Shame on you, Allstate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Violation of Unfair Insurance Practice Law 2695.7 - On June 12, of 2017, me and my wife were involved in a auto accident. Contrary to Allstate Insurance advertisement, I was not in “Good Hands”. I submitted a HIPAA authorization on July 18, 2017, one month and a week after the accident so they would delay on paying my medical expenses. One year later I was asked to comply with a in person recorded statement which I felt was more to help them not pay on my medical bills and find a reason to delay more. They asked for another HIPAA, it was then when I realized they were just delaying for no reason.

Almost two years later I am in the same position and they have not paid my medical bills but have contacted Fred Loya Insurance Company and have worked together. I’m not paying my claim. My vehicle is still damaged and my wife and I need more medical care but my insurance has not paid and they are asking for a bad faith lawsuit. Clearly the advertisement is not what the company is about. Don’t buy Allstate, they will find any excuse to not pay you even if you have medical payments coverage and even if you carry full coverage. Lisa **, is a investigator that has played with my claim vs. helping me. They want to create fear and intimidation so they don’t pay.

Original review: May 11, 2018

To date, thank God, I have not had any claims to send in on any policy. I left Allstate Auto when the premiums began getting too high. I do, however, have every reason the believe that Allstate would have treated me well if I had stayed with them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

All States say "You are in good hands" but that was not my experience. Dealing with their adjusters was like talking to a wall. They gave me more pain & stress than the actual injury... It took me 2 months stressing from one operator to another, as nobody knew what was going on with my case, I spent hours on the phone trying to figured out who was going to pick up my case... it took them two months to get back to me... every day they added more stress into my life. And never felt more discriminated and unprotected with Allstate Insurance claims department adjusters.

On the day of my accident May 25, 2017 when I first called. The first thing they say and I quote "We don't guarantee that we will pay for any of your injury bills." So I waited to get treatments until they pick up the case, little did I know that it was going to take them 2 months, I didn't want to end up paying for this myself... as from the first day they had said that they don't guarantee and payments.

Two months later the adjuster said to me and I quote, "You should be OK by now." She also said, "We are not responsible for any of your injury bills" quote "You should have your insurance pay for it" and the most discriminating phrase was "If you don't give us your social security number, we can not open your case" and continued saying that it was the Obama law that I gave them my SSN#. Long story short I started my treatments because at that point I was so stress and hurting even more after my conversations with the adjuster, every time I talked to her I lost it, the phrases she used were so discriminating and insulting, I quote "We are not health insurance company." Allstate gets pay millions of dollars from customers, to cover for any damages they have on an accident.

I have spent hours arguing with this people because every time I talked to them was like talking to a wall, they will not negotiate with you, they say what they want to say and that's it, you have to say yes to them no matter what, or they suggest that you get a lawyer... they have been trained to make people feel unprotected and to intimidate them.

I was given the wrong advice in regards to my 9 year old boy... he was with me in the accident, I started treatments late for him too and due to that, they feel they will not pay any pain and suffering for him or any bills at all, they told me that he should have been ok after 2 months, this was an accident on the freeway going at 65 mph, and due to my mistake, they are saying that this child did not suffer any pain and so he is not even consider for any payments at all. Flat out they told me that on the phone, "we will not pay anything for your son". They think he is made of wood and so he did not suffer any pain from the accident at all.

My treatment’s bills were $1500. They only want to give me $500 for that, after I spent time taking off of my work to go get treatment, and the hours I spent trying to settle my case with them, all the 100s of phone calls for nothing. I'm not asking for millions, such small amount of money, they show that they are not here to protect anybody but themselves. Last time I talked to them, was this month May 2018, final word from them "according to the medical guidelines I should have been ok after 2 months without any treatments and just taking over the counter pain medication", I have to say this case has left me with more stress, more pain and frustration. Let me just say this. "YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE INSURANCE". All they want is your money.

So if you haven't had an accident before, and you report one now, Allstate says you should be ok in 2 months, without any treatment, BUT if you tell them that you have had an accident 2 years ago, they say, that they will not pay you, because your pain is from a previous accident... that's what they said to my friend. So in conclusion Allstate will always have an excuse not to pay the people. THIS IS MY VOICE. With Allstate YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS. NO... this is not a fake review. This IS actually the experience I had with them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My car just got rear ended and the insurance totaled it, I drive a 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG which is a rare car. My car's value is $14000 and they are giving me $6100, will not negotiate and all they said was either take the money or we will not give anything. Very bad customer service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I have never in my life had a more horrible and stressful time with something. I was in an accident on March 10th, where I was rear ended by a guy who had no insurance and tried to leave the scene. Thank God for the guys who saw it and immediately pulled over to block him in. Anyway, I just got my car back YESTERDAY... May 5th... First of all, the car wasn't drivable and we made that very clear to Allstate when we set up the claim and gave them the location of where the vehicle was. Two weeks goes by and we called to check just to make sure everything was running smoothly because we hadn't heard back. The car hasn't been worked on because Allstate had it that the car was drivable and they were apparently waiting for US to send them pictures of the damage through an app?!?! They corrected it and said we should take it to an Allstate affiliate shop so the work is guaranteed so we tried to have that done.

Come to find out, a week later because no one from Allstate told us, we couldn't because there was a holding fee at the body shop and Allstate would have to pay to move it. They refused to pay it so the vehicle just sat there. The body shop guaranteed the work for as long as we own the vehicle. Great! Love it. So we kept it there. It then took Allstate just over a week to send an adjuster out to see the vehicle... Then after the teardown, there was more damage found. Which then took 4 more days for another adjuster to go out. The supplement was sent to Allstate right after the damage was found and before the 2nd adjuster came out. I called a week later to see if they approved it and they "claim" they never got it which is a load of b.s. The body shop resubmitted it and they mysteriously got it. Didn't approve it though until way after the adjuster was sent out. We waited for parts for a few days and it was painted and pretty much done.

We couldn't get the car however because Allstate mailed us a check for us to drive an hour away to the body shop to hand it to them... This may be a normal practice, but is a huge inconvenience. Oh, and the kicker? A day before we went to get the car, an Allstate Rep called to ask if we wanted to switch our claim from collision to uninsured motorist. Why didn't you ask when we filed the claim???? So it took damn near 2 months for me to get my car back because Allstate is horrible. There is no communication there what so ever. They are absolutely terrible. I am switching to State Farm and when I used them, I had zero problems.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Allstate motto is "You are in good hands." That is a total lie, they do not care about their customers. They only care about making money. They do not want to pay their claims when working with roofing companies. The first thing they ask is "who is the insurance company?" and as soon as they find out it's Allstate they don't even want to give you a quote.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Allstate Auto Insurance since returning from Vietnam in 1966. First and only accident on April 24. Hit telephone pole when doe and two fawn stepped out in front of me on an unimproved rural road I live on while in Georgia. Allstate as here the next day and offered less than 1/2 of the value of the vehicle but only if I signed off right then and there. Pointed out that it was less than the "Fair Market Value" from Kelly Blue Book and was told they use JC Powers estimates. Pointed out also that Auto Trader's lowest price like vehicle was well over double what was be offered and then was told that is because "Auto Trader only works with dealers" which is BS because I currently have a vehicle listed on Auto Trader and purchased this vehicle from a private individual through Auto Trader.

They did though offer me credit of $300 for a lifetime warrantied transmission I had installed two years ago at a cost of $2,600. Understandably upset I let the adjuster know that perhaps this should be settle by the court of public opinion. Threatened by the adjuster that the corporation would squash me like a bug. Mailed letter to Tom Wilson yesterday, filed complaint with Georgia State Insurance Commission and will retain an attorney on Monday. 51 1/2 years as a customer without a claim or a ticket and I feel insulted. As far as I am concerned they terminated that relationship and will be replaced in the coming weeks.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Car Wreck 02/05/2018 - I was involved in a car accident where 2 Allstate customers rear ended me while at a Red Light. I was given 3 claim agents to handle this accident. One agent, named "Patrice", called to get my statement about the wreck. I inquired when a loaner car would be provided to me since my car was towed to the repair shop the day of the accident. She informed me rudely since I refused to give a recorded statement, she would call other customers that are willing to work with her... She proceeded to hang up on me... I reported her actions to Allstate Brand Operations - Customer Service, Patricia "aka Trish" who had Patrice's manager call me. Laurie, who is the manager of the local claims office in Houston, TX called and did not handle this problem in a professional manner.

Allstate had the opportunity to improve my experience but the communication from Laurie only made me more upset to the point I'm thinking about suing them for the stress this simple claim is causing me. Every call I had with Allstate has been recorded on my end. When Laurie was informed that I was recording all calls, she informed me that all telephone calls regarding my claim will stop, and now my claim, and my passenger's claim is being handle via email only... Allstate claims that you are in "Good Hands", but let me tell you... I will NEVER put anything into the hands of this company again... I once was the biggest fan of Allstate. We had our cars insured with Allstate and currently have our homes still insured with them.

I will be looking for another insurance company to handle our needs now. I now spend my time letting friends and family know the horror this company provides to its clients. In this day and age, where customers have so many other insurance companies to choose from, Allstate needs to train its employees better! I would like to upload my telephone recordings so the public may hear the type of service these people provide... If anyone can provide me with an area I may upload my phone calls with Allstate, please let me know...

Original review: April 24, 2018

On May 2 my son was involved in an accident with an Allstate client. It was the other person's fault due to her hitting my son in the rear end. My son and his girlfriend went to the hospital emergency room. I was notified by an Allstate agent a few days later. They asked me to send them the hospital bills when I received them. I did as I was asked to do. The Allstate company never paid them. When I would receive another bill they would respond by saying, "Fax me the bill." I was told by my insurance company that Allstate would pay these bills since their client was at fault.

This is almost a year later and Allstate still has not paid this bill. They settled with my son for his pain and suffering. I received a statement that the bill was not paid. I called and told Allstate that this bill was not paid. They were all rude to me stating they had paid us the money to pay the bill. Not a single time did Mr. ** state that the settlement included the hospital bill. I am considering legal action against Allstate for their business practices. I hope this does not happen to anyone else. Get everything in writing because Allstate is out to protect its interest only.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I was involved in an accident on Tuesday, April 17. I was not at fault. Ever since I have been trying to get any information from anyone to no avail. Absolutely nobody is taking my claim seriously and it has been a week tomorrow and I haven't even spoken to my claims adjuster. I have left some not so nice messages on his answering machine and have threatened to get a lawyer. I will not get taken advantage of. Tomorrow morning I will be in touch with my lawyer and he can get the answers that I have been trying to get.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On March 25, 2018 I was hit by a lady Insured by Allstate. She was nice and very apologetic and admitted she was paying attention to her phone's GPS because she was not from the area. We exchanged information and I assured her mom, who was very upset and crying that everything would be ok - no worries. The next day I called Allstate to file the claim but the claim had already been filed and I was provided the adjuster's name and number that was assigned to my case. I immediately called and left a voicemail for Lori **. She called me a few days later, at that time I told her my side of the story. She told me she would call her client and get her statement, but warned me that sometimes the clients won't return her call. I told her the lady that hit me didn't appear to be that kind of person, after all, she reported the incident and filed a claim right away.

Fast forward to April 16, 2018. After calling Lori several times, l never received a callback. Then her voicemail greeting stated she would be out for an undetermined amount of time and her voicemail box was unavailable. I was able to contact the manager of her office named Jerry. I explained to him that the accident happens weeks ago and I'm still driving around in a wrecked car, and I haven't had anyone come out and take a look or contact me at all. He told me he would look into it, but I have not heard back from him. I need this issue resolved immediately. My claim has been ignored and neglected for almost a month now. I haven't been told where to take my car for repair nor offered any settlement at all. This is very unprofessional of this Insurance company.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have filed a claim on my car and my wheelchair ramp. I keep getting emails and messages to send photos and I have done this 5 times now. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a claim. Although I have property ins. they refuse to repair my ramp.

Original review: April 12, 2018

After filing a claim with Allstate for my repairs Jimmy ** (aka crook) told me they were only going to pay 80 percent of a claim that was not my fault. I said a few choice words and now we are no longer friends, would not accept any more of my phone calls. Very unprofessional, said because I had cruise control on they were not going to pay the full amount to fix my truck even though everyone said it was not my fault. Then they filed it with my ins. company. Very unprofessional, my ins. company laughed and said they come up with a new reason not to pay out, lol.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was in an accident right before Valentine's Feb 11 2018. It’s now been right about two months and the shop has been having trouble getting in contact with Allstate. One inspector by the name of Jose ** is so rude I cannot believe he works in customer service. I had trouble getting ahold of the claims department. Took them about 3 weeks to get in contact with me. I didn’t know anything about the status of my vehicle. Seriously just save yourself a headache. Now I’m dealing with the inspector because he claims the fender was not damaged during the accident yet my truck was not like that before the accident.

Original review: April 11, 2018

My son was involved in a hit and run on March 26th. After calling our local office a couple of times and was told they will return the call, I decided to put the claim in online. We took the vehicle to our mechanic. He gave us a written out receipt (from their receipt book). I sent in all the information that was asked, including this estimate. I NEVER received a call, after looking online and seeing that they still was requesting this information I called the claim adjuster I was assigned. His name is Justin **. He was the RUDEST, SMART **, I have encountered. He told me my estimate was no good, looked forged like someone just wrote something on a sheet a paper. To be insulted to be a liar and a cheat was very disrespectful, especially by someone you are paying. This is the same mechanic we have been using since 1992 and to be told their not reputable was a slap in the face.

I called our local agent spoke with Ashley (who seemed nice on phone) and was told that's how these adjuster can be. She gave me Justin's manager name (Chad **) but told me she would make some calls and call me back in 15 min. She also said, "Don't call Chad yet," let her make her calls. Of course I didn't hear back from her in 15 mins but Chad did call and I see why Justin was the way he was. When you have a leader who thinks the same way. We are self employed and would NEVER treat a customer the way they did. I thought ALLSTATE was better than this. Would not recommend them and as soon as this is complete I'm done. I DO NOT patronized ANYONE's business that doesn't appreciate their customers.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Saturday December 30th, my car spun out of control on black ice. My car smashed into the median of a busy freeway in -25 degree weather. I called roadside assistance. After a lengthy call time and identity verification process, the operator stated she would have a tow sent to my aid after I gave her an address. The next 20 minutes were spent trying to explain to this operator where my car was located. She was unresponsive at times and was slow at identifying the landmarks given.

After far too long, she told me that a tow was ordered and I needed to sit tight. I requested updates by text. After 30 more minutes of being stuck in the middle of a freeway, no text was received and no tow was in sight. I called Allstate again. The operator wanted to verify my identity again but was unable to find my address for verification. After another verification ordeal, I asked for an update on the status of my tow. The operator informed me that no tow had been ordered.

She apologized for the inconvenience as I had to reorder a tow. She also had trouble locating my car and ordered the tow for a nearby hotel. At that time State troopers came to my car and asked me to get off the freeway. I told them I was waiting for a tow and did not want my car to be taken by a tow that would not be covered by my policy. The state patrol took down my information and assured me that my car would not be towed by another source as long as a tow was en route. 3 hours later, the tow Allstate ordered called me and stated they could not find my car. In the slow time it took them to respond, the police had used their towing contractor to take my car to a charge-by-the-day lot. I redialed Allstate’s helpline and requested that they send a tow to pick up my car before Chief’s Towing closed for the holiday weekend.

As I had been on the phone all day with Allstate, I requested that my tow be a priority. If Allstate had responded the way they claimed to, this $300 tow would not have happened and the $30/day fee would not have been inflicted on my car. Allstate was rigid, inefficient, and unresponsive to their own errors. Chief’s Towing closed before Allstate could respond and send a tow, thus incurring a $30/day fee onto my vehicle.

Since the weekend was three days long, I had to wait until Tuesday to call. I called Allstate and was on hold for 2 hours until I got through to an operator. Chief's Towing closed at 6 pm that day. I started that call at 3 pm. After 3 ID verifications, and explaining my situation to the Allstate staff member, I requested information on how to be fully reimbursed for the towing service. He stated Allstate would cover $250 dollars of my $400 dollar bill, a solution that I find is unreasonable and unacceptable as Allstate’s lack of services were the cause of this hefty fee. He stated a tow would be ordered for the following day to pick my car up from the lot and bring it to my home. I never got a text message update even though I requested it.

By Wednesday I had still have heard from the ordered tow. The Allstate staff member assured me the tow from Bobby and Steve’s would tow my vehicle first thing this morning. I assume that Allstate’s pitiable services have failed me for a 5th time and I will be left with an even higher bill to pay the lot that is holding my vehicle. I am very disgruntled at the lack of professionalism and competent service I have experienced from Allstate. I would recommend that all inquiring customers turn and run from this deplorable company. I would expect fair treatment and a full compensation for the hassle Allstate has caused me. What I have received is busy signals, incompetent staff, and slow services that never reach completion.

I am currently exploring ways to share my story with others seeking roadside assistance, and get the word out there that Allstate is falsely advertising services they are incapable of providing. It took me nearly a full week to finally get through to Allstate; a return on service that I find unacceptable. After everything was said and done, Allstate reimbursed $175 out of the $400 bill they directly caused.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had a silver 1982 Mercedes 380 SEL, insured with full coverage. The car was stolen, and Allstate said the car was contraband, and refused to pay the claim. They did not refund my money, that I had paid for the policy either. This company is the worst! It would be wise not to insure anything with this company.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Horrible service from agreeing to do auto pay. My rate for my insurance went from $230 to $782 without my approval. I have since blocked Allstate from my banking. This very much infuriated me. ** Allstate in San Francisco is HORRIBLE. And my dealings with Allstate are ending altogether.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Allstate is a greedy company that pressures claimants into accepting lowball settlements. On 10/23/17 my wife was involved in an accident in which she was not at fault. The details: My wife was making a left turn at an intersection on a green left arrow. An Allstate-insured driver, coming from the opposite direction, had a red light but decided to make a right turn on red into the intersection. This is a violation of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code. The Allstate driver admitted to the police officer that it was entirely his fault. He stated he wasn't paying attention. The Allstate appraiser categorized the accident as a “right T-bone”. There was minimal damage to the Allstate driver's SUV, but $2108 of damage to our front passenger side door and some damage to the rear door. The front right side panel of our car was not damaged, nor was the right-side mirror. So you can see that my wife was well into her turn when she was struck.

We filed a liability claim with Allstate. Problem #1: During the telephone interview, the Allstate claims manager asked my wife when she first saw the Allstate driver's car. My wife answered she didn't see him coming until he struck her. That's because she was so far advanced into her turn that she was already looking down the lane into which she was turning. Based on the statement “didn't see him coming” the claims manager determined my wife was somehow 20% at fault. According to Allstate she should have been more aware when entering the intersection. Allstate attempted several times to get her to accept some responsibility. The manager repeated “I'm not authorized to offer you 100%”. What does that say about their tactics?

The claims manager was following a script. She was offering a lowball quote, no matter the facts. I drove our car to the garage and Allstate did a supplemental appraisal. After this was completed, the claims manager phoned one more time and stated she could only pay 80%. She reiterated that she wasn't authorized to offer 100%. I refused to compromise. End of conversation. The next day the AUTO BODY SHOP phoned to inform me that Allstate had DENIED my claim. I'm sure if I was financially distressed I would have caved in at this point. However I had sufficient funds to pay for the repair on a credit card. I did. Since I couldn't sue Allstate, I wrote a demand letter to the Allstate driver asking him to pay for the damages he caused. No response was received.

On 12/27/17 I proceeded to file a lawsuit in small-claims court. The hearing was on 2/26/18. Allstate instructed their insured to “no-show” because obviously his testimony would have detracted from Allstate's stance (i.e., he already had admitted his negligence to the police). Only the Allstate staff lawyer appeared to represent the driver. I prepared well, utilizing a layout of the intersection and 1:36 scale model cars. The cars were marked up with tape and coordinated with Allstate' s damage reports. I found it interesting that the Allstate lawyer used the term “comparative negligence” during the court hearing, yet this was a term the claims manager never used on the phone. In the end I won the judgment.

Problem #2: Judgment was rendered on 2/26/18. The defendant has 30 days to appeal or pay up. On day #30, 3/26/18, the last day allowed by law, Allstate finally paid the claim ($2108 damages + $142 court costs). What does this show? It's shows that Allstate is an INVESTMENT company that wants to DELAY, DENY, DEFEND making payments as long as possible to increase interest on its float. Allstate is an insurance company only secondarily and doesn't give a crap about fiduciary or indemnification principles- i.e., paying a claim promptly & at the full amount.

Avoid this company at all costs!!! Advise your friends to read these books: (1)Berardinelli's “From Good Hands to Boxing Gloves” and (2) Fineman's “Delay, Deny, Defend”. Above all, write your legislators to change the insurance laws. Insurance companies have federal anti-trust protection. But investment companies shouldn't receive this advantage! Also, state insurance laws are convoluted and easily ignored by the insurance cos.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I chose to change my insurance to a different company and called to cancel with Allstate. Now I keep getting a collection notice that they will turn it over to a collection agency if I don't pay and I've tried to tell them on numerous occasions that I cancelled with them! Very dissatisfied!

Original review: March 29, 2018

I got rear ended last month February 6, and until now March 28, we haven't got any call back from them. I called my lawyer and my lawyer said they called the adjuster and they said, “WE NEVER CALLED THEM AND NO THEY’RE NOT RECEIVING ANY VOICEMAIL FROM US.” They are such a liars. That’s why we never use Allstate insurance. They only good in commercial and stuff like that. BUT THEY’RE FAKE! We’re not really in good hands... as of now. We are still waiting on the respond. The back of my car have huge damage on it and I can't drive it in the highway which is a nuisance for me because highway is the only fastest way I can go to my workplace. Just really hoping that tomorrow we get to have a call back from this adjuster and talk to us.

Original review: March 28, 2018

On March 6, 2018, I was involved in my first accident. I have been an Allstate client for 27 years. No other claims other than a broken windshield. I feel the need to express my utter disappointment and complete dissatisfaction with the handling of my claim. Instead of just sending out an adjuster to assess the damage, they insisted on using a"virtual app" which did not work and took more time than necessary for my mechanic. We got to the point of damages at around $2000, with a couple of things still needing to be adjusted. Finally 11 days later they send out an adjuster who then decides my car is to be totaled instead of fixed. They valued my car at $1400. They over exaggerated the condition of my car and deducted $1600 from the value.

On top of that they tried to haggle with my mechanic about paying the storage fees. It is unbelievable to me the lengths that this company seems to be going to avoid paying a $3000 claim which is the least I deserve. My car could have been fixed for about $2500. It is amazing how my car was going to get fixed until an adjuster who didn't even understand the repairs the mechanic was going to do, who didn't know that having something fixed rather than being replaced would save money, and was rude to my mechanic and then to me on the phone decided she would save herself some time and total my car for far less than what it's worth. It is unbelievable to me what bad business this is. To screw a loyal 27 year client who's never had an accident out of being able to get her car fixed and then trying to hand her less than half of what the car is worth is just shady, greedy, and a terrible way to treat one of your best clients.

Original review: March 24, 2018

They have bought out my DRS. Refused services that they once covered which is illegal. Admitted to knowledge of people breaking in my house. Divulging personal and medical knowledge about me to people they shouldn't have. Inappropriate contact with DRS. Do I need to say more. Ok. They can try to break me. Destroy me but they will not win.

Original review: March 20, 2018

A few weeks ago I spoke with Denise ** and she was such a pleasure in customer service. Today I spoke with John and he was so very pleasant. Great company. Also by using Drivewise I get a check back for safe driving! It's a win win. Very happy with my choice of insurance.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I never experienced such deceit, unprofessional, unfair practices from a claim against Allstate when I was hit by one of their drivers. They lied. Sent claim payout based on a few pictures for $700. I was embarrassed. They assured me it was a downpayment toward cost and it took a month after initial claim. I said ok. Well my estimate was over $4,000 from a shop they insisted I go through. Then they refused to accept it. Told that same shop to do it over. They came up with a new estimate $2000. Then without even telling me what it was they sent me $2000 check. I figured with the 700 and the 2000 I would accept then they stopped payment on 700. I was so furious. Unbelievable. I caught them lying to me and just being cold and blocking my emails.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky