2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5
Based on 1,491 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate is an auto insurance company with a large network of agents throughout the country. It offers online quotes and provides coverage for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. You can file claims with Allstate online, and the company extends discounts for bundling multiple insurance policies.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate offers standard auto coverage all throughout the U.S., as well as various discount packages. Its technology resources for drivers (e.g., Drivewise) aid in improving policyholders’ driving, which can help lower rates.

PROS

• Coverage in all states
  • Various discount programs
  • Innovative technological resources

CONS

• Premium increases after first term
  • Ride for Hire not in all states

Top Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

I have been a customer of Allstate for over 30 years.My agent Jordie ** and Assistant Dee makes sure I have the best coverage. When I had an accident, the claim was processed quickly. Agents are friendly and professional.

...after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs… Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent…

Allstate Auto Insurance Get a Quote

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Allstate auto insurance

Allstate offers auto, home, renters, term life, condo, motorcycle and business insurance, as well as other coverage options. Allstate’s agents give auto policyholders personalized help and technological tools like Drivewise, and the company also offers specialty policies — e.g., classic car insurance and auto coverage for travel to Mexico.

Allstate extends its specialized packages to teen drivers, students and rideshare operators. Its policies include rewards, a safe driving bonus, accident forgiveness and new car replacement. Accident forgiveness coverage ensures a driver’s rates remain the same after an accident even if it’s their fault.

Allstate auto insurance coverage

To get a quote for Allstate’s car insurance, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth and address, as well as the year, make and model of your vehicle. You can file a claim and track it through the client portal. You’ll pick the type of coverage you want, choosing from:

• Collision
  • Personal umbrella
  • Uninsured
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Personal injury protection

After choosing your coverage, you’ll set coverage limits and select deductibles (make sure you take your state laws into consideration). Policyholders have access to resources like Drivewise and rideshare insurance, and some qualify for price cuts including new car and multipolicy discounts.

Allstate auto insurance rates

Average Allstate car insurance rates vary from around $1,770 to $1,983 per year. You can claim new car, multipolicy or teen driver discounts, and the company rewards good drivers with points that are redeemable for gift cards, sweepstakes and daily deals.

Allstate’s accident forgiveness policy ensures your rates won’t increase after an accident even if it’s your fault, and its Deductible Rewards program takes $100 off deductibles after sign-up and a further $100 off each year for safe driving (up to $500). Its Ride for Hire rideshare program provides deductible gap coverage for damages up to $2,500 but isn’t available in every state.

Allstate auto insurance FAQ

How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Cost depends on various factors, including the driver’s age and car model. For example, a 25-year-old driver will pay between $2,000 and $2,100, a 35-year-old driver will pay around $1,850 and a 60-year-old will pay about $1,750. The average cost per annum is $1,880.
Does Allstate have comprehensive car insurance coverage?
Yes. Its comprehensive coverage is for damage related to vandalism, hail, fallen trees, theft and other circumstances.
How far back in your driving record does Allstate look?
In most cases, Allstate checks your record up to five years prior.
How can I lower the price of my Allstate car insurance?
You should avoid getting speeding tickets, consider changing your coverage and focus on safe driving. You might qualify for bonus rewards, which reduce rates for responsible drivers. You can also get discounts for signing multiple policies, buying a new car or achieving good grades. Setting higher deductibles or parking your car in a garage will also lower your premiums.

Is Allstate car insurance good?

Allstate offers an easy-to-file claims process, and its services are available nationwide. While its rates can be a bit costly compared to competitors’, Allstate’s auto insurance is a solid option for drivers looking for convenient and accessible coverage with several policy options and flexible add-ons.

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have been with Allstate for about 5 years after a local office cold-called me and persuaded me to switch from State Farm. The policy was much less expensive. I haven't had a single incident with my auto since becoming a policy holder (knock on wood) so I can't speak to their effectiveness in handling claims, but they are easy to work with and I have taken advantage of their good driver discounts a time or two.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I live in Florida and the cost of auto insurance is expensive. With COVID'19, working from home has been a norm and driving decreased. Allstate offers a pay by mile type of car insurance. It gives you the option for those who does not drive a lot to pay less. There is a daily rate plus a per mile rate that is calculated. I think it is great as I will be paying almost 300 dollars less than what I have with Geico even with their "15 % discount due to COVID'19".

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've had AllState Truck Insurance for three years now and I haven't had a problem yet. They respond to any questions or concerns I have within 24 hours of contacting them. The coverage for the price is the Best out there, I know I looked. I have Full Coverage with towing etc. for the price I'd pay elsewhere for PLPD. Honestly they offer the best for the least amount of money. Reputable and Reliable. I recommend AllState Insurance for All your insurance needs.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have quite a few different coverages with All State, including that for my home. I'm a long time customer and have always been satisfied. I receive very good customer service, care, efficiency, pricing and coverage features. I've recommended them to many of my friends and family. This is a case of "truth in advertising" .... you really are "In good hands" with Allstate!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Auto insurance is a package deal. It's not just the company alone that completes the package. I have always believed, price is not the only factor when choosing a insurance company. I was with Farmers for 19 years and always told my agent, "If it was not for you, I would dump Farmers." My agent was great, but the rates and customer service were terrible. I try to be loyal whenever I can. Well after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs. Not only were his rates better than Farmers, but after 6 years, my rates are still a lot less than my last Farmers rates. Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent. Trusting your insurance company should be a major deciding factor for everyone. I really do feel, "I am in good hands with Allstate."

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Bad and awful customer service. Lazy and expected me and my body shop to do all her paperwork and calling. Unprofessional and unethical. Tracy or Stacey is awful and just there for the measly 110k she makes a year. Ive always had great experiences with them but because of her, and the fact I caught her in 5 lies, I'm finding a different company to insure me and bad customer service can break a company. They need to find people that like their jobs because she obviously doesn't or she's discriminating against me.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Allstate has been a complete nightmare! I do NOT have insurance with Allstate but a customer hit me. I am required to pay out of pocket cost for a rental something I can not afford just to go to work!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I was involved in an accident where an Allstate insured driver ran into my parked car and caused $13,000.00 damage. Allstate not only did not reimburse the full amount of the rental car needed while my car was in the shop but what they did pay took them 2 months and about 6 phone calls to respond. That was the good part of the experience. The diminished value department transferred the claims adjuster 3 times, did not substantiate any of their numbers with fair 3rd party estimates and did not act in good faith. I will never buy insurance from Allstate and I will tell my story to the world to warn everyone to stay away for their own best interest.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

In the 25 years we've had roadside insurance (through our Allstate SUV policy), we've never had to use it. Allstate has been great to work with in other areas of the policy, so I assume this will be good too.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

First, they lied to me about the company that was picking up my vehicle. The CSR told me I could go on home, which was 2 hours away and the company would pickup the vehicle with no issues. I had to call back 5 times and the car was not picked up until the next day. I was very disappointed in the service.

Allstate Auto Insurance Company Information