Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
Allstate Auto Insurance
3.50/5

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Excellent financial strength to meet its claims obligations
  • Discounts include new car, multiple policy, smart student, anti-theft device and anti-lock brake discounts
  • A leading car insurer in the United States
  • Offers Allstate eSmart, EZ pay plan, FullPay, early signing, responsible payer, accident forgiveness, deductible rewards and Safe Driving Club discounts
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases
  • Prices are slightly above industry average

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

1897 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

An Allstate insured driver ran a stop sign and broadsided my truck. We exchanged info and the other driver admitted fault to Allstate. I did the photo claim through Allstate and they estimated the repairs at $1684.00. I put my truck in the shop on 3/27/19. I called the shop on 04/01/19 to see if they heard from Allstate. They did not, but the shop used the "Virtual Assist" app, that Allstate uses, to supplement the cost of repairs for an additional $1901.00. (This is not the first time the shop did repairs for Allstate so they know what they are doing.) On 04/05/19 I called the shop and they still had not heard from Allstate and re-sent the supplement on the app.

On 04/11/19 my claims adjuster called me back after I left a voicemail and said she never got any supplement. 3 times they sent it. Finally, they sent it directly to her. She said they only sent the original estimate (1684) and I asked her what the amount was on the estimate they sent her and she said 1901. My reply “that is the supplement, the original was 1684”. She said oh, well they need to send it to another email address. Really?

I gave her the phone number of the shop on one of the many voicemails I left her so she could speak to them directly, but apparently she didn’t listen to that message, because she asked me for their phone number about 30 minutes later. I stood in the office of the body shop, on the phone with her and talking to the body shop trying to get this done. I should send a bill for my time working on this claim. Ridiculous. So after 2 weeks they finally got an adjuster out to look at the truck. Then the rent-car co started charging my card since Allstate didn’t extend the rental period. The rental co took care of me (enterprise was great). Allstate extended my rental period till 4/4/19. The problem? This was 4/11/19. Absurd.

The adjuster estimated the total cost to be about $2495 (I don’t recall the exact number) so he turned that in on 04/12/19. On 04/15/19 I spoke to her supervisor and she extended the rental period. I told her that I found a car to drive and was turning the rent car in that day, as I didn’t want to have any more issues about Allstate covering the rental. Enterprise credited my account and they were great about the whole experience. So the body shop got a check to cover the additional amount over the 1684 and Allstate told me they would be sending the check for the original estimate (1684) to the body shop. Guess what?

On 04/17/19 I called Allstate and lo and behold my claims adjuster took the week off. So I spoke to another guy who told me they never cut the check for the original estimate because there was no title or something? I have no idea what he meant, but he said it was probably an oversight and he would get the check cut. I called my claims adjuster many times and she answered the phone 3 times. All the other times it went straight to voicemail, which said she was obligated to return my call that day. Hahahaha, that didn’t happen. While I do not have an Allstate auto policy, I do have a flood policy on my home through Allstate and I did have Allstate homeowners and auto policies in the past, but they were too high.

You’re in good hands. Really? Maybe those hands should answer a phone, write a check, address an envelope, put that check in it and drop it in the mail.

My neck was sore after the accident, but it felt better shortly afterward so I didn’t try to make a claim about that. My collar bone was sore a few days, but I didn’t make a claim on that either. Maybe I should have. They start throwing money at you then. I probably could have gotten the money for my truck by now because they would want to settle before anything else happened. If you have an accident involving Allstate, stay on them or they will do nothing for you. I bet the insured driver who hit my truck has already been taken care of. But then again, maybe not. This adjuster told me she was new. I don’t know if she didn’t know what to do or if she just didn’t care. Still waiting for the check….

Original review: April 17, 2019

The agency write in the policy that the premium was based on my husband driving my car and I drive my husband’s car. And the mileage is within 10000 in one year. Which was not true. I gave them correct information but they changed because they do not want me to get paid if something happened. I ended up no insurance. I want them to change the condition on the policy and called several times, but they refused to change the condition on the policy and refused to refund.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I insured my BMW M3 2003 with Allstate about 2 years ago, after having an accident Allstate did everything they could to not pay out. Even though my car was insured as a 2003 model, Allstate told me that they do not insure vehicles after 5 years of age due to wear and tear. The mechanic who they recommended to me told them that accident damage is proven and an estimate was given, but Allstate saw the estimate totaled over 8k and quickly sent out an adjuster to deny the claim. Be very cautious with this company. They will lie to you like telling you they'll take care of the tow charges... They don't. They will tell you your vehicle of over the age of 5 years is insured... It's not! Fair warning! Watch out for this company. It's all been a scam.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Stay away from Allstate. If someone you live with gets in an accident look out. They will charge your insurance policy for the accident even if you've got nothing to do with the vehicle in the accident.

Original review: April 8, 2019

A guy insured by Allstate claimed fault of a wreck, hit my mom's car totaling it. My stepdad & I were in the car with my mom when the wreck happen on 8-3-2017. The adjuster was very rude & unsympathetic, instead of trying to help & accommodate us she tried to cut every corner & not pay what we were due! One of many examples my dentures were broke in the wreck & she denied payment for them!! Because the paramedic or hospital didn’t document my mouth being swollen or bleeding! I explained to many adjusters dentures are not like actual teeth. They are not attached therefore there is no swelling or bleeding! I also explained if they chip off as mine did you can’t mine chipped on top & bottom & eventually broke in half!!

Almost 2 years later & I am still fighting for $2,700 to replace my dentures!! I’m not asking for anything I’m not due!!! I’ve been trying not to move forward with attorney but looks like I’m going to have to! Which is ludicrous because it’ll cost Allstate a lot more than $2,700. Also my stepdad passed away 12/23/2017 & wreck happen 8/23/2017 & Allstate refused to pay his medical bills from the wreck because he is deceased, that is insane!! So my mom's auto insurance had to pay his bills causing her insurance to go up, which again is ludicrous because the wreck was not her fault!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: April 4, 2019

Allstate is quick to take your premiums but VERY slow to process your claims. Had an auto accident cause by party using another insurance provider. Had to process the claim through my Allstate policy. Car was totaled. Allstate claims processors worst than DMV in processing claims. Incompetent at best. And low-ball your replacement cash value. Find another agency that cares. STAY AWAY FROM ALLSTATE.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Where do I begin? As an Uber driver I was rear ended on a state highway in NH by a driver in operation of a vehicle supposedly owned by his significant other that was insured by All-State. The driver slammed my car from behind at twice my speed during an ice storm in early 2017. The driver did not stop after collision but I was able to catch the vehicle almost a mile down the highest. Police were called. The driver was irate with me... Claiming I slammed on my brakes. An excuse the local responding police were able to see right through. Also arriving on scene within minutes was the vehicle owner... The significant other of the driver. She clearly stated that the vehicle was owned and insured by Allstate Insurance Co. and was currently insured. She verbally cited her policy number to me then left. We were all then released.

The driver who possessed an out of state southern driver's license was ticketed for following too closely and driving too fast for conditions... Damage to my car (an Enterprise rental contracted with Uber) was over $6,000.00. The following morning I made all my calls to report the accident including to Allstate in which coverage was confirmed to be that of the driver's girlfriend. About a month later I hired an attorney to sue Allstate along with the driver and owner. Allstate brought in an attorney of their own to represent the driver and owner and subsequently got the case dismissed based on a loophole of personal jurisdiction... Where we filed in MA where I live. Since then Allstate was played game after game against me. Making the driver disappear off the map... Altering the name of the insured party... And changing the coverage on the vehicle.

After compiling all my losses... Between lost wages, medical bills, chiropractor bills, and other various losses... The total amount of losses on my end topped over $80,000. Due to the games this fraudulent company played over the last 24 or so months I have slowly lost everything. During the last 9 months or so Allstate has again tried using various loopholes to discredit me. And after being given an ultimatum to either settle or face court these jerks through their Claims department raised an offer of a measly $1230!!! What a joke.

The moral of my story? Allstate has their slogan through commercials featuring well known celebrities... "You're in good hands". Well apparently this is true for their own clients. But if you're against them... This sinister and fraudulent company will stop at nothing and will do ANYTHING to protect their own including illegal acts... Altering paperwork... Policies... Amounts... Names on policies... Etc... With a three year statute of limitations through the state of NH Allstate is trying to stall me and my attorney as long as possible. Hoping I give up. Their claims rep is a joke! Their legal department is a bigger joke!!! And if I can find a way to bring them down as I'm certain many other people have shared similar experiences... I refuse to give up! This type of activity needs to go public! People need to know what kind of company All-State Insurance really is! A self-absorbed fraud!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I had Allstate auto/home/umbrella insurance for about 9 years with no issues and no claims. I got a letter from them this week saying that my daughter is part of my household now and they will add her back to my policy (and collect more in premium, naturally). My Electrical Engineer daughter (now 33) got married 5 years ago and moved to Illinois from Texas. I had dropped her from my auto policy 5 years ago. When I called Allstate, they said I will have to provide them my daughter's address in Chicago, which I refused, on grounds of privacy.

So their response was that she will not be covered for any claims while driving my vehicle. She does drive my car when she visits us for a weekend occasionally. Needless to say, I got coverage with a different company within an hour of that conversation and cancelled all my policies with Allstate. I will now pursue legal action against them as this sort of crooked behavior must not be condoned. Allstate was a Sears company till 1993 and look what is happening to Sears.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I paid my policy off early and took off the automatic debit payment. BIG MISTAKE. It made changes to my policy and added 43.03 after I paid the balance in full. Somehow the discount I had is no longer offered. The Agent nor Allstate will do anything to assist me. They keep referring me back to the other. Nothing resolved. My premiums keep going up every 6 months. I am getting very dissatisfied with Allstate.

Original review: March 28, 2019

A customer for 40 years, yet one payment late by 3 days causes the computer to spit out ugly threats. Never have I received any of the benefits Allstate advertises on television. I checked, and Auto Club is cheaper, so I'm gone.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was enrolled in an employer contribution plan. Prior to hospitalization, I was notified through Allstate and my employer that I had short term disability coverage. Prior to hospitalization, I spoke with a representative and she provided me with the necessary documents to submit for approval for my hospitalization and STD claim. After my discharge, I submitted all the necessary documents and claims. My hospital claim was paid out within a timely manner, but when checking on the STD claim, it continued to state "no decision, wait for 48hrs". After 2 weeks, I reached out a representative and they proceeded to tell me that I did not have STD coverage. I stated that I was notified by both my employer and a representative at Allstate. Following weeks, I spoke to multiple individuals who said the same thing. I told them that I had proof and pay stubs that showed weekly deductible for the policy. No answer, no word.

Finally, today 3/22, over a month after the initial claim, I am notified that I have been denied the claim. When I asked why they stated that it was because my issue was considered a pre-existing condition. The company took 4 weeks to find a loop-hole to deny me coverage after finding that I did, in fact, have coverage. Poor customer service and communication because I had to call multiple times for the information. Also, before I filed the claim, I was on the phone for a while with a representative combing through the policy to determine if there was any fine print that may interfere with the payout.

And the reason for my "pre-existing condition: My first day of effective coverage was 01/01/2019 and my surgeon printed on the document that I was seen in the office for a consultation on 12/18/2018, a whole two weeks before my effective date and a whole two months before my actual procedure. The money is not the issue, possible $400-500 payout after taxes. The point is the guarantee of peace of mind, which is promised. If you pay for this policy out of pocket, please do your research, read the fine print and DOCUMENT every encounter.

I had this issue with Aflac five years ago after paying the monthly, they found a loop-hole to deny coverage. It is unfortunate that there are no government regulations on insurance companies on failure to pay benefits after collecting premiums. Luckily for me, I was able to make do without their immediate payout, but what if I was on a fixed income and in a financial bind, relying on that money prescription meds or co-pays during a vulnerable time? Shame on you.

Allstate: Your clients count on you to make good on your promises in their time of need. My experience with customer service was subpar and misleading. Very disappointed. I will continue to make this public on all platforms until things change, if not for me, the next individual.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I am very disappointed with Allstate Car Insurance. I was originally with Progressive however my monthly payments were getting too high. A family member recommended me to Allstate, and mentioned they were pretty reasonable. So I decided to switch my policy. Long story short I was in an accident 3 months after I received the policy, and a pick up truck hit my front bumber. No one was hurt, but I did have damages on the passenger side bumper. I exchanged information with the other party. In which they had Allstate Insurance as well. After I made a claim and sent pictures of my damages through their app, I was assigned to Nakisha **. She was the worst claims adjuster I've ever experience. I could tell she didn't like her job with so much attitude and lack of customer service.

She took weeks to return my calls after leaving several voice messages. I didn't know what was going on, I had to speak to other claim adjusters just to find out what was going on with my claim status. The other insurer claims adjuster was supposed to contact me to get my statement, and he never called. I try to reach out to him because it was also delaying the process but he never return my my calls at all. A few days later I receive a email with a bogus claim estimate of $639. In which my damages were well over $1900. A week later I received a call from Nakisha ** stating that my claim was denied because the other insurer adjuster could not come to a mutual agreement.

That doesn't make sense so I have to pay out of pocket for car damages that I didn't even cause, and I am paying my monthly premiums on time faithfully. So now I have to get a lawyer involved which I was trying to avoid with all cause. I have never experience any insurance company who I could not rely on. I did not feel that Allstate was on my side. After all this is said and done I will be switching to State Farm.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have had auto insurance with Allstate for over 10 years and they continue to impress. My husband and I locked ourselves out of our car at 2 AM in Wendover, NV, where there wasn’t a locksmith or a cop who would help us in sight. Allstate’s roadside assistance had a locksmith to us within 25 minutes. And with that, Allstate has earned my business for life.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This is the worst Insurance company that at one time used to be the best. Accident forgiveness... Ha! Ya right. What a joke. If you want that you better tell them 'cause they don't tell you that it's extra for that, roadside assistance, and towing. Oh and if you ever change anything you better get that in writing 'cause they lie their way out of an internal investigation that didn't even ask for my side or my proof.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We have had Allstate for home and vehicle for four years. I have never had an accident, and premiums skyrocketed every renewal. This past December, I bumped another vehicle from behind. I took numerous pictures, called the police, and tried to do the right thing by filing a claim. I advised neither I nor the other vehicle had damage. They advised me to send my pictures to a claims email address, which I did. Several times. I got continuous text messages pestering me for pictures. Finally I called them and they told me I had to submit via app in lieu of email. The only problem is the pictures have to be actually taken through the app... you can't upload them. And the issue with that is from the beginning, in the app you have to have a claim number.

Anyway, I called again, explained the situation, they told me they only accept pictures through the app. I continued to get phone calls and text messages wanting pictures. I continued to tell them everything I've just said. Just when I thought it was over, I got a text message for an appointment they sent me for auto body repair. Then the auto body place called to verify the appointment. I was livid and called my agent and they were quite rude and told me they'd call me back. The next day they called and basically told us they didn't know why the appointment was made.

Two months later, at renewal, my premiums went up 70 a month. I expected an increase, but not that much seeing as there was no damage to either vehicle. They told me they settled a claim for 1700 because they didn't want to litigate. I said litigate what- there was no damage to either vehicle. Furthermore, I submitted pictures multiple times and they apparently weren't even reviewed. I warned I was searching for new auto insurance and the only thing they had to say for themselves regarding their horrible customer service was to let them know what they could do to ease my transition. I will NEVER recommend Allstate to anyone.

Original review: March 14, 2019

A few years ago I had a 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup. In the last few years of its life I had a LOT of trouble with it. It was breaking down all the time. I had it serviced. I had it repaired. I did regular tune ups and oil changes, but it kept breaking down. Needless to say, I had to have the tow truck tow it to my mechanic on several occasions. I never saw this as a problem as I had FAITHFULLY PAID the $97 fee every year for Allstate Roadside Assistance. Well, after a while the Allstate phone reps started to complain to me about how much I was using the service! I explained to them that I was having a lot of car trouble, even though I was taking it to my mechanic.

It came to a head when the truck wouldn't even start one day in my driveway, after I had just spent yet more money having it fixed. I wanted to have it towed to my mechanic one more time, as I had sold it to a mechanic there who wanted it for parts. I called Allstate Roadside Assistance and they REFUSED to come and tow it away! They told me I had to wait three days because my "policy would not renew until that certain date." I was furious. I had already checked my bank balance earlier that week and saw that Allstate had indeed cashed my check for $97.

So even though they had my money, they would not come and tow the truck away. Both of the phone reps I spoke to were cold foreigners (and VERY difficult to understand because of their HEAVY accents), one of whom lectured me for being "unprofessional." Really? It was unprofessional to take my money and then NOT PROVIDE the service I had paid for! So my dead truck sat in the driveway for 3 more days until Allstate's arbitrary deadline was finally satisfied, and then I called them back and they towed the truck away. But I was DONE with them. I was so mad I canceled my car insurance with them as well. Don't go with Allstate, unless you want to be left abandoned by the side of the road.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have been with Allstate since I was a teen. When my bank account was compromised I went online to change billing information well before my billing date. Apparently, changes aren't handled well on their computer system. So, as a result of this mishap on their part, my account was closed. I tried to resolve the problem but to no avail. No one would work with me to help fix it. They claimed that because I live in California, they couldn't help me because of special law in the state. I had to go to another insurance provider. To make it worse, they actually sent me to collections because they claimed I canceled my account early. Imagine that. They closed my account and then blamed me for it. Incredible.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased Allstate Auto Insurance last week on March 2, 2019 for my son when I bought him a Honda Accord. The salesperson at the dealership called so that we could get insurance before we left the lot. Since then it has been a horrific experience with countless emails for programs I did not sign up for, discount offers to the point of harassment. I paid in full for his policy but I keep getting emails my Auto Pay has been cancelled and unless I pay the policy premium he will be cancelled.

I already paid the premium in full for the next 6 months and they keep sending emails trying to get another payment. This is nothing but FRAUD. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Allstate is totally dishonest. Everyday for the last 9 days I have gotten 3 emails per day totaling 27 emails since I bought this car. I have called the local agent that sold us the policy and even though he admits the policy was paid in full he keeps sending emails trying to get more money for a policy paid in full.

Original review: March 9, 2019

My car was scratched in the parking lot by a guy who was insured by AllState. I had to rent a car while mine was in the body shop. I discussed with Allstate the rental because I live in the mountains and require a 4 wheel drive, which they agreed to because my car is an Audi RS5 - with 4 wheel drive. After I paid my rental they reimbursed $37 per day for an SUV rental, while it cost us $70 per day. In what world SUVs are rented out for $37???! Would not advise this company! They don't play fair and use the fact that nobody will sue them for $150, to not reimburse customers fully the amount that should be reimbursed.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We had home insurance and Auto with them for three years and for auto we never claimed but what it looks ok, But Home is literally cheating by ALLSTATE they always try to find reasons to deny the claim. We had lot of hail damage but nothing is visible for Allstate inspection agents, Dont even consider Allstate even they give free Home insurance, I cant negative stars. That's why giving one star.

Original review: March 6, 2019

One of Allstate’s policyholders rear ended me going 40+ mph while I was stopped at a stop light with heavy traffic. They have 100% liability. I have a medium sized SUV with AWD and I now am unable to go to work until a rental comes. The rental they assigned me is a very small economy car although I requested a vehicle of similar characteristics as mine. Small economy cars do not drive well in the snow and ice, and we are supposed to be getting a lot this weekend. I should AT LEAST be given a vehicle of similar type to what I had before their policyholder smashed it up.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Allstate is the enemy. They are the WORST! Here’s my (son's) experience. He was driving down a major street. An Allstate driver on his right instantaneously cut across the front of his car to take a left causing my son to hit him and damage his front passenger side. Allstate sent THEIR adjuster out and said car was totaled. It was not and could be fixed. They gave him a rental for 5 days and said they usually only give 2 day rentals!! The first person from Allstate my son spoke to was so rude and awful my son reported him. The communication was terrible. No callbacks and very obvious they wanted to bury this claim fast. The car value to be replaced was average 7000+. They offered 3500 + taxes etc which came to 3800 and change PLUS THE CAR!!!

We told them we wanted the car FIXED not taken. The car was fixable as my son explained he was told by auto body shop for about 3800. We told them no way were they going to take a perfectly maintained car (he just spent 3000+ on car battery as well as other work within last 6 mos). Then the agent then changed her tune and said it’s possible to keep car but now the payout would be 3500 minus 1200 + (the value of what a salvage company would pay them...)??? Taxes and more BS. So now my son would get 2300 if lucky plus she said if we went that way the title would have to be “salvage." I went ballistic and said the car WAS NOT SALVAGE!! Then she made up this coverup story that since car was paid in full it was not necessary. We said that we should be able to get a check for 3800 TO FIX THE CAR. NOT FOR THEM TO TAKE THE CAR AND SELL IT TO SALVAGE!!!

If you keep your car they penalize you!!! This is how they pressure the consumers to make $$$. They give you a 2 DAY rental. Which means after having a traumatic event (in this case where they said THEIR client was 100% at fault) you have to find something FAST... Like today. And will not have time to find a good deal which would make one go to a dealer, finance a car, and have a great unexpected expense since ALLSTATE goal is pay out the lowest token of money while the client's back is against the wall.

They bragged that they come out and pay right away when the true scheme is "Hurry up... Take the lousy, dishonest, deceitful deal that we, the self serving, insurance company are offering so we can continue to make billions on your misfortune." They want to take a fixable car... Offer you money that no way can replace a similar car. Not to mention the sales and excise taxes you’ll need to pay, and make the victim take out a loan (suppose they cannot??) to buy another vehicle. The aggravation and mental stress can be overwhelming since you see there is no support only a company who will totally disregard common sense and fight for their profits.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Allstate is quite nice and eager to sign you up for their Milewise program. It is a good idea but the equipment, transponder in your car and their systems receiving the signals have some serious technical issues. I have been using it since Jan. 2019 on my 4 cars. Clearly some of them stay inside the nice warm garage this time of year. 3 weeks after installing the transponders and driving each car to initialize the transponder, I started getting emails from Allstate saying they haven't seen any activity on my transponders for 3 weeks and I may have a problem. I got these every day from that point forward. I didn't think much about it since I knew my cars were tucked away in the garage for winter. Then I got an email saying they were sending me new transponders because they were broken. So I installed the new ones and sent the old ones back in the envelope provided.

Then 1 week later, I get an email and a phone call from Allstate saying that I need to install my new transponders by the next day or I will be charged 40 miles per day and to call them back if I had any questions. So I called them back and told them I installed the new transponders and mailed the old ones back a week ago. I told them the whole reason I switched to Milewise is because I don't drive my cars that much so with 20 inches of snow in the ground, I am not going to have my Mustang out of the garage, so there wouldn't be any activity on it. They said they need to have the transponder pinged every day or they charge 40 miles for the day. I told them it is in a metal insulated home garage so their system probably can't see it. They said that they will charge me 40 miles a day until it can.

The whole point was to not pay for something I wasn't using and now they want to charge me for something I'm not using. They then said that since the transponders aren't working for me, that I needed to change to Milewise unlimited but that charges 250 miles a day but you don't use a transponder. I don't even drive 250 miles in 1 week! The people from Allstate Milewise program were very rude, unhelpful, and are definitely trying to jack up your rates after selling you a pay by mile program. I would not recommend this product and maybe even this company due to their poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My car destroyed by their policyholder who was ticketed. We have called them several times to get a "Leave message". No return call from an adjuster. The car needs towed out of the shopping center parking lot or the city is going to tow it at 300.00... I have no way to get to work. I've already missed 2 days and can be fired for no show! We are calling a lawyer. My car is wrecked all the way around, not drivable, I'm 100% sure it's totaled. I do not understand why they will not answer their phone. I am a victim!! My car destroyed! And I may very well lose my job! If I lose my job. I'll lose my home>>everything!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This review is about Allstate in general and my local office. Allstate in general: Allstate is extremely overpriced. They lure you in at reasonable rates and then drop discounts left and right. I’m paying LESS for *a year* (auto and home) with Liberty than I was paying for 6 months at Allstate. My local office (Bruno Suttman): So this particular office is excruciating to work with. They never answer the phone (16% rate - yes I have called many times and came up with that accurate %). They are apparently unable to handle their call volume (per Donna) and are inefficient at multitasking.

They are unable to send an email in a timely fashion. I was told that my issue “is not the end of the world” - that other customers are more important. This isn’t just one instance. I have been with Allstate for over four years and every time I have reached out I have had issues with their communication and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion. This particular time, Donna actually yelled at me about how she is too busy and doesn’t have time to do her job... Just warning you that if you’re an Allstate customer it’s impossible to avoid getting transferred to your local agent which unfortunately for us is this place.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Since January 4th I got in a car wreck and the one at fault was an Allstate policy holder. If I ever get in a car wreck and I am at fault honestly I would love my insurance policy holder to take good care of whoever I got their car damaged and not to put them into depression. It has been two months now that this company is not able to settle the payment of my car that they verbally approved the estimate of the car and never even sent an adjuster to take a look of my car prior to that.

Clearly spoke with adjuster Nikita ** and after 5 days of the car being at the shop she clearly told me to let the mechanic know to go ahead on the car and now they have a complete new adjuster on the claim that tells us that he goes by her note and they need a supplement on an estimate clearly approved by the former adjuster. They stopped paying for the rental, I got charged extreme amount of money on my card from rental. How can you schedule a rental for 5 days without even made arrangements with the mechanic of how long the repair will be etc... And I am down on Uber or catching the bus to go to work due to the fact that I don’t want to lose my job.

I am going into depression right now. Can’t do anything without my car. I don’t know what to do anymore. What would I be paying the rest of the money that I don’t even have for an accident that was not at fault. I am stuck now from my regular activities. I would not invest in this type of insurance and I know that the guy is paying full coverage. This is just unpleasant, I am stressed and I am losing it for real...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have the worst luck. A guy named Kenny ran in to the back of my parked SUV. He left a note so when I found it I texted him and he said he had Allstate insurance and they would take care of it and he got and became a smartass and told me not to text him anymore so I waited till the next day cause he said first thing at 12:00 pm. I texted him again a half hour later. He sent me the information and say to me I BETTER WATCH MY MOUTH and not to text or call him again??

Well for one I never called him. Here is where I deal with ALLSTATE. I call now. They have already heard what he told them so they ask about my SUV. There's not a scratch on it till Kenny hit it so I do everything they ask. Sent pic in on their app. I asked about a rental car. She, "Yeah we'll take care of all that," and she said, "If you don't have full coverage that Allstate will cover that." So that was 2-20-2019.

I can get my SUV in the shop today so I call about a rental car again. Everything is fast. Yeah. They use Enterprise car rental. Right after I got off the phone with Allstate Enterprise calls. Let me remind you it's 3:30pm in Omaha Neb. The lady ask when I need a rental. I said now. She, "I'm so sorry. There's none available." I said, "Really." She said she could get me one on Friday. I said okay then she said there's a deposit. What card would I like to have on file. I said none. I said I didn't do Anything wrong. She said she can get me a rental till I did this. I said I'll call Allstate back.

I hung up and called Enterprise. Ask for a car. They have more cars available right then so who is lying? So I said I would get back to them. Hung up. Now I called Allstate back. Anthony at the call center answered the call. I told I should have to pay anything. He said, "You have to or you won't get a rental." Or I could use Lyft and keep the receipt. Again I would have to pay for something I didn't do.

They insured Kenny. They take all the risk. They should pay for everything. In fact they should have to pay you while you get estimate, while you make phone calls. Remember you wouldn't have to go through any of this if the one they insure didn't hit you. So all my calls are recorded. I just think about this. I'm the 3 owner. My SUV has never been scratch. Now are fax all of them. Will know and when I sell it I will lose money cause of this. I'm just telling all of you things you need to know. So far this is my bad luck.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We were Allstate customers for over 15 years. We were rear ended by a man that had Allstate as well. We have been in a nearly 3 year battle with attorneys because of Allstate's crooked ways. They've fought us every step of the way and we were hit from behind. After depositions and mediations today they offered us a settlement that left me paying for over $20,000 in surgeries and treatments. Now it must be dragged out another 6 months and go to court and fight.

Allstate does not care about its customers and does not have your best interest in heart. You are not in good hands will Allstate. I have never been treated with such disrespect. Got adjusters that kept calling trying to get me to lie over the phone about our condition. I have switched all my RVs, vehicles etc to Travelers. Stay away from Allstate.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Was contacted about lowering rates. Sounded great, I provided payment... only to discover at signing time that policy was written wrong. After five days, nothing was corrected despite promises. The agent wanted me to lie to get the good rate. I wouldn't. I was told a supervisor would call me because the agent was able to get a similar rate without lying. No one called and I just did not like the shady way they do business. Essentially they try to coerce customers into stealing the identity of family. I received countless emails from Allstate representatives wanting me to forge documents. Don't pick up the phone when Allstate Calls. You are in dirty hands if you do. Will never have anything to do with anyone using Allstate. Dirty dirty dirty... Scheisters.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

On 12/24/18, I was contacted by one of the agents employed by AllState Insurance, ** located at 8331 Winnetka Ave, Winnetka, CA 91306. He offered to provide insurance for my two vehicles (Lexus and Mazda) for $211 per month to be taken out of my checking account automatically. The initial payment was $124.34. I mentioned to him I needed to change address after I purchased the insurance on the same date. One week before my next bill is due, I noticed the fee has gone up to $297 per month. I then cancelled the auto pay, hopefully they would not charge my bank.

However, on 01/24/19, Allstate Insurance took $297 out of my checking account WITHOUT MY CONSENT. In addition, the agent ** failed to disclose to me that Allstate would charge an additional $86 per month while giving me the quote. This is misrepresentation of Allstate Insurance's pricing. On top of the that, Allstate took money out of my checking account without notifying even though I cancelled auto-pay. On 02/0/19, Allstate returned $117.09 to my checking account. They charged me $304.25 for the 1 month of service vs. the $211 monthly pricing they quoted me. Beware of Allstate Insurance Auto Policy. They are written so that they will suck money out of consumers no matter what the outcome is.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky