2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5
Based on 1,496 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate is a well established auto insurance company that has a large network of agents throughout the country. The company offers online quotes and provides coverage for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. You can file claims online, and Allstate extends discounts for bundling multiple insurance policies.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate offers standard auto coverage all throughout the U.S., as well as various discount packages. Its technology resources for drivers, e.g. Drivewise, aid in improving policyholders’ driving, which should help lower rates.

PROS

• Coverage in all states
  • Various discount programs
  • Innovative technological resources

CONS

• Premium increases after first term
  • Ride for Hire not in all states

Top Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

I have been a customer of Allstate for over 30 years.My agent Jordie ** and Assistant Dee makes sure I have the best coverage. When I had an accident, the claim was processed quickly. Agents are friendly and professional.

...after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs… Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent…

Allstate Auto Insurance Get a Quote

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Allstate auto insurance

Allstate offers auto, home, renters, term life, condo, motorcycle and business insurance, as well as other coverage options. Allstate’s agents give auto policyholders personalized help and technological tools like Drivewise, and the company also offers specialty policies, e.g. classic car insurance and auto coverage for travel to Mexico.

Allstate extends its specialized packages to teen drivers, students and rideshare operators. Its policies include rewards, a safe driving bonus, accident forgiveness and new car replacement. Accident forgiveness coverage ensures a driver’s rates remain the same after an accident even if it’s their fault.

Allstate auto insurance coverage

To get a quote for Allstate’s car insurance, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth and address, as well as the year, make and model of your vehicle. You can file a claim and track it through the client portal. You’ll pick the type of coverage you want, choosing from:

• Collision
  • Personal umbrella
  • Uninsured
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Personal injury protection

After choosing your coverage, you’ll set coverage limits and select deductibles (make sure you take your state laws into consideration). Policyholders have access to resources like Drivewise and rideshare insurance, and some qualify for price cuts, such as new car and multipolicy discounts.

Allstate auto insurance prices

Average Allstate car insurance rates vary from around $1,770 to $1,983 per year. You can claim new car, multipolicy or teen driver discounts, and the company rewards good drivers with points that are redeemable for gift cards, sweepstakes and daily deals.

Allstate’s accident forgiveness policy ensures your rate won’t increase after an accident even if it’s your fault, and its Deductible Rewards program takes $100 off deductibles after sign-up and a further $100 off each year for safe driving (up to $500). Its Ride for Hire rideshare program provides deductible gap coverage for damages up to $2,500, but isn’t available in every state.

Allstate auto insurance FAQ

How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Cost depends on various factors, including the driver’s age and car model. For example, a 25-year-old driver will pay between $2,000 and $2,100, a 35-year-old driver will pay around $1,850, and a 60-year-old will pay about $1,750. The average cost per annum is $1,880.
Does Allstate have comprehensive car insurance coverage?
Yes. Its comprehensive coverage is for damage related to vandalism, hail, fallen trees, theft and other circumstances.
How far back in your driving record does Allstate look?
In most cases, Allstate checks your record up to five years prior.
How can I lower the price of my Allstate car insurance?
You should avoid getting speeding tickets, consider changing your coverage and focus on safe driving. You might qualify for bonus rewards, which reduce rates for responsible drivers. You can also get discounts for signing multiple policies, buying a new car or achieving good grades. Setting higher deductibles or parking your car in a garage will also lower your premiums.

Is Allstate car insurance good?

Allstate offers an easy-to-file claims process, and its services are available nationwide. While its rates can be a bit pricey compared to competitors’, Allstate’s auto insurance is a solid option for drivers looking for convenient and accessible coverage with several policy options and flexible add-ons.

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My agent is excellent and I would highly recommend him. What disturbs me is that Allstate only gave us a 15% discount for the period that Americans drove very little due to the coronavirus. A few other insurance companies gave a 25% discount. A few years ago I had a fender bender and Allstate was there 100%. Their service was excellent.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've had AllState Truck Insurance for three years now and I haven't had a problem yet. They respond to any questions or concerns I have within 24 hours of contacting them. The coverage for the price is the Best out there, I know I looked. I have Full Coverage with towing etc. for the price I'd pay elsewhere for PLPD. Honestly they offer the best for the least amount of money. Reputable and Reliable. I recommend AllState Insurance for All your insurance needs.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have quite a few different coverages with All State, including that for my home. I'm a long time customer and have always been satisfied. I receive very good customer service, care, efficiency, pricing and coverage features. I've recommended them to many of my friends and family. This is a case of "truth in advertising" .... you really are "In good hands" with Allstate!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Auto insurance is a package deal. It's not just the company alone that completes the package. I have always believed, price is not the only factor when choosing a insurance company. I was with Farmers for 19 years and always told my agent, "If it was not for you, I would dump Farmers." My agent was great, but the rates and customer service were terrible. I try to be loyal whenever I can. Well after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs. Not only were his rates better than Farmers, but after 6 years, my rates are still a lot less than my last Farmers rates. Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent. Trusting your insurance company should be a major deciding factor for everyone. I really do feel, "I am in good hands with Allstate."

Original review: July 22, 2020

Good company. Fair price. Internet and telephone access is outstanding. Policy language is clear and easily understood. Company representatives are professional in contact with customers. We have made several recommendations to other of Our friends and family and have received no unfavourable response nor critical comments as a result of Our referrals, as of this time.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Allstate is a nightmare for the auto insurance for me. I was involved in an accident where I didn't have fault. My car was in possession with Allstate and It was abandoned without properly notifying me.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

This was the worst experience I've ever had with car insurance. They quoted me a fair price online but then weeks later mailed me a form saying that I had to pay significantly higher because I did not submit proof of a professional degree. I quickly submitted the proof but they did not fix the premium. My agent would not answer calls or emails and their customer service is terrible. I cancelled my premium early and they have not issued me a refund. Please stay away.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

My son was in an auto wreck, the other driver who was at fault has AllState insurance. The police were called and the ticket as well as the witness all verified the circumstances. Other driver at fault. AllState is doing nothing on this claim. They are telling my son that they can not get in contact with their insured. My son has now been out of work for 3 weeks waiting on AllState to do what is the right thing, pay the claim. I personally have an AllState homeowners policy and auto policy that I am cancelling. I had to rate this with one star, it should be zero. I would strongly advise you to seek out a different insurance carrier, there are plenty out there, that will process claims in a timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I was laid due to COVID, as a result I changed my payment due date from the 15th of the month to the 27th of the same month. In May Allstate deducted almost $600 from my checking account, I do not have a job and this added to my financial stress. I called the 1800 number no one could explain why, I called my agent Anna **, she was no help either. Anna and the Allstate office promised to call me back and neither one did. I kept calling I eventually was told that they took 2 payments because I changed the due date. I explained my employment and financial situation and no one cared. I was utterly shocked when the next month came and they were still charging me the full amount even though I paid 2 payments the month before.

My account was paid in full until July, at which time I ended my relationship with Allstate. They have sent letters and a letter to collections regarding my account. No one has explained the charge and no one cares about my financial situation. I would understand if I had missed a payment but I have not. I believe in paying what I owe. I do not believe in being bullied by big corporations. STAY away from Allstate and Anna **.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Today I learned that I have not been covered for the 4 months. They send me my coverage card, which would seem to indicate that payment was received. But it apparently hadn't. There was no notice of the lapse of coverage at all. Then, now when they sent me a renewal notice for my home insurance, I discover that the car insurance was not there.

Since it lapsed, they now want to charge 3 TIMES more! They say state law requires this, and they cannot fix the problem. So, no accident triggered the increase, rather, it was purely triggered by their implication that I had coverage, and then their failure to let me know that it lapsed. This problem even affects my coverage with another company... so even leaving Allstate will not give me a better rate. Though, of course, I am not so foolish as to stay with them.

Allstate Auto Insurance Company Information