Allstate Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was rear-ended by an Allstate Insured driver. After 4 months of chiropractic and massage therapy, they offered me less than half a month's salary plus time loss as a settlement. No consideration given for totaling my vehicle, 4 months of limited use of my arms, issues with sleep, and extra hours worked to maintain my workload. I'm still working to get them to reconsider their offer. I have up to 3 years to file suit - but I'm hoping they'll see reason and offer a reasonable settlement. Trust me - you are NOT in good hands with Allstate!

Allstate has to be absolute WORST insurance company when it comes to paying for claims that their insureds are at fault for!!! This has been one of the most horrible experiences I have ever seen!! My son was hit by an Allstate insured and it was clearly her fault because she did not yield. The adjuster denied the claim when it was clearly their insured's fault! They were trying to take advantage of a 19-year old kid that didn't know any better. That alone is deplorable. Once I got involved and pointed out to them, having been in the business for 37 years, that they were at fault, they reversed the decision. This is 3 weeks in after the accident. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Then they drag their feet on reviewing the supplements provided by the auto shop.

On top of that. My son has only liability and the policy does not cover insurance for the rental car. I am out of pocket over $400 to pay for insurance when I wouldn't even be in this predicament if it wasn't for their insured hitting us. Again UNBELIEVABLE!!! Then, their insured damaged one of the tires/rim. Since that rim is no longer manufactured, they think they just paying a mere amount for the tire will suffice and we are left with finding a rim that will be completely different than the other tires. I escalated all of these concerns to managers and upper managers only to be treated extremely unprofessionally. BEWARE ALL CONSUMERS THAT ARE HIT BY SOMEONE INSURED BY ALLSTATE!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF! People if you are not happy with the service you receive from Allstate, go on to ** and let the state know how badly you are being treated.

On March 23rd, 2017, an Allstate insured driver did not yield and made a left turn as I was driving up from her opposite direction. As I was coming through the intersection, she suddenly speed up right in front of me and I couldn't make a complete stop within one car length of distance, so I hit on the right side of her car. My car's front bumper and hood were damaged. There were no traffic lights or stop signs at the intersection. Then we pulled over and I got her license and insurance information. When I got home, I called her insurance (Allstate) and filed the claim. They assigned my claim to an Allstate agent and she's my contact person. Then Allstate scheduled me to an estimate on the following Saturday. As of now, three and half weeks went by, I am still waiting for her response of the claim status. I made several phone calls and she kept telling me this is still in process. So I have no clue what is going on.

Don't bother with these scam artists. I had a simple at-fault accident in December 2016 (first accident in my life at 34) and ran over a massive 8x5 pothole on 1700 s in January 2017. I was told to file a Misc claim on the pothole - Allstate took the liberty of changing the claim to "Struck a fixed *object*" at-fault claim and dropped me after replacing $200 worth of broken linkage parts a full 35 days after the incident. My Agent Trent and his worthless staff refused to help me iron this out and even with their much-lauded Accident Forgiveness I was dropped. One of their reps actually had the audacity to call me and try to loop me in to another auto line for $285/mo.

In good hands with Allstate? NOT SO MUCH! This claims adjuster is a horrible person! The poor lady that hit my car was so nice and apologized. I was backing out and saw her start backing out. I came to a complete stop and she hit my car. She was so apologetic, she said she normally looks behind her before backing up but her back was hurting and she did not see me. She told my insurance company that she was at fault and she told her Allstate that she wanted the accident covered (which you would not do if you weren't at fault). Ms. ** would not have it. She would rather cause this poor lady additional stress and be rude and condescending to me. She literally was combative every time she called and when called me to say she had made her determination she literally gloated then offered me half of the damages if I would settle right then. HUGE FAIL ALLSTATE. With people like this representing you, don't count on much growth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

I've had Allstate Roadside Service for a year. I never had to use it. I called them to provide my new credit card number when it came to renew. I find out the customer service personnel the other end was in India! I hung up because I don't want to provide my credit card number to offshore person and considering another roadside service and also don't want to support a service that doesn't hire American workers. Does anybody out there can tell me which roadside service has US BASED Service? Thanks.

August 31st 2016 I was rear-ended by an Allstate insured on my way home from work. My car wasn't drivable and was towed to the towing company's yard. The sheriff arrived and created a report and I was taken to the hospital by ambulance for medical evaluation and released. I would follow up with my primary care physician and take some physical therapy for my neck pain. September 2nd 2016 I rent a car and call Allstate with the driver's information and a claim number is created. The representative we talked to said that a claims representative that would be handling my claim would be contacting me. The claims representative said that Allstate is taking full responsibility and that everything will be fine. She said that I shouldn't have to pay for the car rental out of my pocket and to get her the information and that she would set up payment directly through Allstate.

September 8th 2016 my husband meets the adjuster at the towing company's yard and a estimate was created at the sum of 9100.00 and the car is towed to the body shop of our choice. September 12th 2016 another adjuster needs to revisit the damage to my car because the body shop found further damage than what the original estimate showed. Our car was number 3 in line for the frame rack and it was the first of October before my car had repairs started. I had discussed bodily injuries with our claims representative and mentioned that we had paid for the first round of car rental and the rental company didn't receive any information from Allstate for payment. The claims representative said to save the receipts and I would get reimbursed.

October 21st I faxed in the two car rental payments and called our claims representative to make sure that she received them. She said yes but I would have thought the car would be repaired on the 5th of October. I said, "It didn't even get started on until the first of October and do you know it took more damage than originally estimated?" She said no. I then asked her if she had talked to the adjusters or the body shop to know what has gone on with my car? She said, "No but I will have my assistant make some calls and get back to you on Wednesday." I called her on a Monday morning. Wednesday came and went and no call from our claims representative who admitted knowing less about what our car had gone through than we did.

I gathered that the call Wednesday was never going to happen and I also started worrying that my husband and I were not getting reimbursed for all of our car rental which we put on our card at a sum of 3562.23 dollars. It took about a month but we finally received all but 1200.00 dollars back. I'm not sure that my husband and I were ever aware of the fine print that says car rental will be reimbursed based on how long Allstate says the body shop should take to fix the car. It doesn't matter what real time is and it also doesn't matter that my husband and I have no control over either.

I know that the claims representative did nothing to help us through this and promised things she never come through on. We are short 1200.00 dollars of car rental fees because Allstate didn't uphold their end when they said, "We take full responsibility." It seems like a scam when I have to figure out how to pay 1200.00 in car rental fees when I wasn't the reason I had to rent the car in the first place.

I had been an Allstate customer for years with NO claims. I purchased a different home and got my quote that seemed reasonable. After closing I received a bill from Allstate for almost TRIPLE what they had originally quoted. Every single renewal my rates increased again and again both home and auto even though I had never filed a claim, no traffic violations, multiple discounts, etc. I decided after consulting with my Allstate agent about increasing rates, to shop around with other companies. I was SHOCKED to find out that other companies' rates were approximately 1/3 the price I was currently paying. I switched my policies to a new company, call Allstate customer service and requested to cancel both auto and homeowners policies, emailed my agent requesting the cancellation of policies, and followed up with a phone call to my agent.

My agent explained that because my auto policy had just renewed, it would automatically cancel as of the renewal date if I didn't pay the premium. She stated that I would receive several statements in the mail requesting payment and unfortunately was unable to prevent the statements from mailing out. Sure enough, I received statements in the mail requesting I pay premiums to Allstate. Based on what my agent had told me, I didn't think anything of the statements and simply disregarded them. Now, I have been turned over to collections for unpaid premiums of the renewed policy. I immediately called my former agent, and of course now she is not so polite and states that I didn't ever sign a form to officially cancel my auto policy.

I asked when the form was provided for signature thinking maybe I had missed something in an email. She then stated they never sent me the form because I didn't request it. I reminded her that I sent an email requesting both homeowner and auto policies to be cancelled and that she had replied to that very email with a form that I immediately signed and returned via email. I was then told that form was only for the homeowners policy and I should have requested a separate form for auto policy. Seriously? I'm not really sure what kind of scam they are trying to pull at Allstate but I would NEVER recommend this insurance company to anyone.

I will never forget my horrible experience being victimize twice while having full comprehensive coverage include uninsured motorist. In September 2015 I was badly rear-ended by stolen vehicle hit and run accident. Leaving me in the middle of the road totally disable vehicle and badly hurt and unconscious. The stolen vehicle was located one mile badly damaged and unable to move.

I still suffer physically, mentally and emotionally, lost my sales job, lost my vehicle because my full Uninsured Motorist coverage wouldn't help me for last 18 months. Allstate wouldn't honor what they promise to be in good hands and still giving run around with their retained lawyers. Never bug anything from these pathetic **. Allstate should lose their state accreditation and ability to conduct any insurance business for being who they are, scum and **.

Allstate has refused to cover my rental vehicle after a no-fault accident in which THEIR policyholder rear-ended me. I took my vehicle in to be repaired on Monday (it is now Thursday), to which the body shop estimated the vehicle repairs to be completed in about a week's time. Allstate has called every weekday since before my vehicle was even inspected, harassing me about the rental car situation.

I received a call this morning informing me that Allstate would not be covering rental expenses past the adjuster's 2-day repair estimate (however, this was stated nowhere in the paperwork), and that coverage stopped 4 days ago. The representative waited FOUR DAYS to tell me that they would no longer be providing coverage and that I was supposed to wait until the part needed for the repair was ordered and in the body shop's hands before picking up the rental car (which was also not stated in any paperwork, nor communicated to me at all).

I spoke with the body shop about this issue, to which the owner confirmed the vehicle isn't drivable, even before the part arrives, because he and his team took it apart to check for possible hidden damages. If we're unable to sort this out, I'll be out a few hundred dollars for an accident that was no fault of my own. I'm prepared to take legal action against Allstate for their unethical, sneaky, and unprofessional actions in light of this nightmarish experience. Had their policyholder been paying attention, we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

Allstate Springfield Oregon 384 Q Street 97477. I cancelled my Allstate insurance policy (easy pay) over the phone so that it would not re bill. The lady informed me that they could not cancel my policy over the phone but would have to do it in writing. My policy was paid on time and was up to date when I canceled it. There was no more money owed at the point of my shutting down easy pay, account was paid in full. I cannot say for certain if I forgot to send in my request to cancel or if I did send it in at this point. Allstate claims they did not receive it. I had not opened their mail for 2 months because I was paid in full and had went with a different insurance company.

Three months later I opened Allstate's letter to find I owed $107.00 because they claim I did not send in cancellation in writing. Then proceeded to tell me that the $107.00 went to collections and is owed because easy pay had a (grace period) and because they could not re bill easy pay they then canceled my insurance. Number 1, I've never had to send in a written request to cancel my insurance policy, something is not right here. This company just forced $107.00 out of me to avoid collection. My advice to people is stay away from Allstate. If you do cancel make sure you do it in person. I feel this was very dishonest. If I turned off my easy pay so that it wouldn't bill me money I didn't owe, that should've been the end of this.

Allstate dropped our auto insurance without notice. I made 2 premium payments before they send a letter dated March 15th that our ins had been cancelled on Feb 6! We had been without ins for over a month and didn't know it! No email or call from our agent-nothing, even after I emailed him. Now, because of that, our rates are higher with new ins co. and some won't even insure us because it has been passed 30 days. We had their car insurance for 17 consecutive years with 2 not at fault accidents from years ago-1 over 3 yrs ago and the other over 6 years ago. We had no points on our license and our insurance rate didn't go up.

A year ago Allstate dropped our homeowner's insurance--1 claim out of 17 years and that was over 10 years ago. We were told by the agent helping us that it was because we had an older house/policy. They originally took pictures and told us they were dropping us because we had leaves on the roof and "debris" in the yard. We fixed those 2 things but they still dropped us.

We hit a deer and totaled our car. We muddled around for about two weeks deciding if we were going to buy the car back or not. After we made our decision, we followed up and sent in all the paperwork needed. Fast forward three months, still no check, no updates from the company, etc. I went online to check the claim status and found out that we were still paying full coverage on a car that was totaled months ago. I called the 800 number and kindly asked to remove the coverage on the totaled vehicle and back pay us for three months of coverage. The representative also said that our check for the car was also "in the mail today" which I found to be rather coincidental.

Two days following I get a call from my local agent that the corporate office I called cancelled my entire policy, and was currently without any insurance at all. While my local agent was professional and helpful, the entire thing was a lot of back and forth - all for something that should have been handled when we filed the claim. The corporate office was not helpful and they were difficult to get a hold of when we were first filing our claim. On top of it all I lost a lot of my discounts when this all happened. We had this company for more than five years. I finally switched companies and saved $480/year.

I had been a customer of Allstate for 3 years, always paid my 6 month policy in full at the time of renewal. I have no accidents or tickets. (Been driving since 1980!) I recently purchased a new car, but before I signed any contracts I called my agent so I would know how much my policy would increase. I was told $1300. I purchased my car then received a bill from Allstate for a little over $4000!! I called my agent, explained the situation. I was promised they would review the policy, try to include some discounts, etc and I was supposed to receive a callback the next day. Never happened. I called 3 times, left messages, still no return call. By this time I had already started researching other carriers and was able to insure myself and my daughter with 2 vehicles for $1500, more than half the price of my Allstate policy. I do not recommend them to anyone!

I am writing this review because I am very upset with the customer service given to me and my husband at Allstate on Congress St Troy New York. We got insurance with them in December 2016 policy number ** and were cancelled without any notice and took two months to get our refund. We found out we did not have insurance because we went in their office to find out about our permanent ins cards. So we processed another insurance immediately so we wouldn't be without but they did not process all information need to National General so know they are going to cancel me again. I have sent them numerous email text messages and even today called them they said, "Oh don't worry. We will have it taken care of." Yet they never called me back.

They are very insufficient, do not have very good customer service and know I'm trying to take care of this myself or on Monday I will be looking for another insurance company and it will not be with Gary **. Very upset and dissatisfied. What bothers the most they don't have common courtesy to call or write you back. They have a zero in customer service.

On March 3rd, 2017 I paid for auto insurance through Allstate. I requested to start coverage on 3/3/17. After they took my payment the start date was changed to 3/10/17. I was trying on the 3rd to update my vehicle's registration. Once I realized I had to wait a week I was okay with this. I waited until 3/10 to complete my registration but that morning when I called for my policy information they said they would not get it until 3pm that day. I already took 2 days off of work to get this task completed and Allstate cannot do nothing. After this 6-month coverage is done I will move to another company. Especially since I realized they have less than 2 stars on customer satisfaction.

My car was hit while parked on a street in Detroit because there is only a very small lot for parking which fills up quickly by restaurant owner, employees and customers. So most of us are forced to park on the street. I came out of work on a Saturday night at 1 am to find the front end of my car bashed in and air bags deployed. (Yes, your air bags can deploy if you are not in the car and there is enough juice in the battery. I spoke to an engineer at GM and he verified this information.) I then called my girlfriend because I was not about to wait in that neighborhood at that time for cops to show or if they even would. Tried to drive the car because I didn't want it sitting there to get stripped overnight. I was able to drive it home with girlfriend following and filed police report next morning -Sunday.

Allstate is basically calling me a liar because they want (apparently) to not have to waive my deductible. They have grilled me over and over the same stupid ass questions, sent out two adjustors, and next I wouldn't be surprised if the cigarette smoking guy, dimly lit room and lie detector machine came out. TOTAL and complete harassment and 2 weeks later no resolution. Finding rides to my job so I don't lose it is overwhelming. When this is over, I will be leaving Allstate for a different insurance company to insure my cars and home.

This company is absolutely terrible. I was in an accident on July 8, 2016 and it is now March 8, 2017 and I still haven't heard a thing from them till I called them just now. I was involved in an accident caused by an uninsured driver and was told to pay my deductible to have the damages repaired and Allstate claimed they would refund me but when I called today they claimed I didn't have the right coverage and since the other driver wasn't insured they won't pay until a lawsuit is settled.

I asked what coverage was required and if it isn't included in full coverage and they said full coverage does include it, which I have, so when I questioned them about it they proceeded to tell me I don't have full coverage even though my agent said it clearly says I do. I called the claims office back and they still denied it and said they will not refund me. I strongly suggest that no one gets insurance through Allstate. The only thing their hands are good for is stealing your money!

I was hit by a driver in my apartment complex on 3/3/2017 that had Allstate!!! OMG!! So they assign me to an adjuster Jared **. He was so rude. He acted as if it was my fault when it was his customer that hit me!! He also told me he would not go out to do an estimate on my car. He was so rude... he didn't care what I had to say. He said that they will only cover 80% when their customer hit me... it should be covered 100%. He even told me I would be better off filing it under my own insurance... so now it's costing me a 500 deductible to file on my insurance and let my insurance company go after them for 100%!! If you knew like I knew you would never waste your money or time which such a heartless and dishonest company... They do not want to pay when their customer is at fault and they treat you bad and talk to you with a harsh tone like it's your fault! Allstate is false advertisement and a very unfair company... they deserve 0 stars... I'm so upset!!

After forty plus years of being in "Good Hands" I finally got tired of their rudeness and deception in order to obtain higher rates! I have a 16-year-old vehicle with 63,000 miles, just traded in for probably my last new car being 63 and keeping them as long as I do. What's an average of approximately 4,500 local miles a year, with a super clean driving record and no accidents since 19 years of age you would consider me a good customer. Come to find out I only had a 15,000/30,000 policy when new people were getting better insurance and paying less. Yet they wanted a $500.00 increase after the purchase of my new vehicle, I call the main office and they did not know why - to call my local office/agent. I called my local office and they did know why? "Maybe it was because I have the "old" Allstate and was grandfathered in? Maybe I could get into the "New Allstate" for my previous rate. I'll have to find out from the main office and call you back!"

After one week with no answer enough, went shopping for a new company and got a better policy for a MUCH better rate. After forty plus years why kick a gift horse in the mouth. It's time to take off your bandanas Allstate. Your agents are just overpaid middlemen that do nothing but make our rates go up! There is more insurance competition than ever with better rates for better insurance. If you're experiencing the old Allstate vs. the new, or see a constant increase for no reason

do yourself justice, shop around and get in BETTER HANDS!

My son had an accident, at a four way stop. Police report stated the other driver failed to yield, although other driver was to the right of my son. This should have been a compensatory claim, as the other driver struck my car in the middle to back of car. Allstate refused to pay saying it was 100% the other guys fault. They gave me a claim number with the other insurance company and the name of the agent, who I called immediately and left a message. No return call, I called 4 more times. Each call I left a message. Each call was never returned.

I called the agency where I purchased the insurance to see if they could reach the claims adjuster. My agent called back and stated there was no claim as the other insurance company had closed the case because they felt it was 100% my fault. How can this be? I asked for help from Allstate's adjuster who stated as far as he was concerned the case was closed. I asked my agent to explain, they said it was up to the adjuster. The other company supposedly told my agent there would be no appeals process because this was their policy. Meanwhile my car had been towed to an auto body, my bill was now over 900 hundred dollars. I had to sell them the car for scrap metal to avoid further charges. I was left with no choice but to sue the other driver for damages so the case could be heard in court.

At the deposition Allstate did send an attorney (to protect their interests). This attorney came unprepared had never spoke with my son prior to the date and it looks quite bad for me as I'm sure we will eventually lose this case. The other party had his car repaired via his own insurance company but has counter sued for loss of value due to the car being in an accident. This Allstate will not pay so guess whose pocket it will come out of. Had one person involved had the decency to be honest when I asked questions or even had called me back to let me know what was happening here I wouldn't have brought suit. You most definitely are NOT in good hands with Allstate.

I was involved in an accident where I received a citation but the other driver was at fault and I have photos and illustrations that prove it. The judge I appeared before saw the evidence and dismissed the case. Allstate however, took the other driver's word and discredited the evidence. I had to pay $1000 deductible while the other driver is still smiling. I'll just have to say, "You're in good hands if you don't have Allstate."

On Dec. 16, 2016 an Allstate insured vehicle missed a stop sign and colliding with my Beautiful 2008 Harley Electraglide. After I went over the handlebars and over the hood of the SUV that missed the stop sign and landing on my head (no helmet law in FL) and being knocked completely out and rushed to the hospital with head, neck, back and shoulder injuries. To make a long story short we agreed to an amount of my totaled bike and for the return of special items that I purchased during the years I owned it but when the items came through the mail my seat was switched. Someone somewhere took my custom seat and switched it with an old seat and now after months of doctor's and physical therapy they called to let me know that they were not responsible for the seat and how it got missing and that they were not going to reimburse me for it either so I elected to vent here. Only $320.00 turned a good review into a bad review.

On Friday of last week we came home from our vacation and found out that our radiators and water pipes had busted. We had no heat or water and put in a claim at Allstate that same night. Allstate asked for heating bills to check if we kept the heat on in the house. We gave them the bills and quickly the Claim Service Adjuster said that it is less than last year, so oh no I somehow didn't leave the heat on!!! I then politely pointed out to him that the heating bill in December 2016 was $226.07 and November 2016 was $114.16. He then claimed that he needs to bring to his supervisor because he can't do his job.

We then had a certified plumber out and he wrote a report saying that the damage to the radiators and water pipes was caused by the failure in the heating system which was caused by the battery in the thermostat failed. We gave this report to Allstate's Claims Service Adjuster on 2/27/2017. From the beginning until now we have talked to a customer service person, a Claims Service Adjuster and his manager, and a Claim adjuster. The claim adjuster came to our house yesterday, inspected the loss and talked to us. And today they want us to talk to an investigator, who had not called us yet.

We cannot help but feel that they are performing a delaying technique to our claim since they kept introducing new people that we have to talk to. We have no new information to give at this point. I, my husband and our 3 year old son are coming down with a cold due to having no heat in the house from this incident and Allstate apparently has no regard to our well-being. I will definitely take my business elsewhere because I no longer feel having insurance with Allstate gives me any peace of mind. You are NOT in good hand!!! Their hands are only good to take your money.

Our Allstate agent is name Elizabeth in Kissimmee FL and that whole organization is a bunch of crooks. We were involved in a hit and run and the insurance company first sends us to a horrific shop that damaged our vehicle when it was there to get repaired. Then they raised our insurance premium by over $200 more. My policy became more than my car payment. We declined further coverage with them and they still took money from my bank account. Now they are saying I have to wait ten business days to get a refund for over $600. This is ridiculous and unethical. This company should go down for fraud. Do not do business with the Warren Foley Insurance agency or Allstate. They will take your money and blame you. This just downright criminal.

I am writing this in hopes that my husband and I will be treated with respect and fairness, as we have not yet received this from Allstate Insurance Company. However, I will be honest; my trust with this company is forever lost. I do not feel as though our voices will or will ever be heard fairly. My horrific experience begins on Jan 10th as my son and I were coming out from my office and noticed that another vehicle had hit my Jeep. We had to stand out in the freezing rain waiting for the police officer to arrive and while doing so I called the Allstate agent at this time. His receptionist answered and I told her what had happened and she asked me if the vehicle was drivable at this time. Given I had not even driven the vehicle, how was I to know if it was drivable therefore I said, "Yes".

However after driving the vehicle home, it started to shift to the right thus making it very unsafe to drive. As we soon found out later, the wheel bearings needed replaced due to the impact that the other vehicle had made when it hit the Jeep. I immediately called the agent back to inform that the car was very unsafe to drive and needed a claims adjuster to come to the home. I had no idea what to do at this point other than the receptionist continuing to inform for me to download an app on my phone and send pictures of the damage. The agent's receptionist continued to request that I send the photos on my iPhone so they could estimate the damage versus having an agent come out to my home, as it could take a week for this to happen.

I made an effort to get the app and send the photos, but it did not work out so that I could. Once again, I called back to communicate with the agent whom I again spoke with his receptionist in which suggest I take the vehicle to a drive in Allstate adjuster's office in which they could inspect the vehicle. I continued to tell her how unsafe the vehicle was to drive and request an adjuster to come to my home as this office was located almost an hour away from my home. She again told me it could take a week for this to happen and highly encouraged me to take the vehicle. However I told her I would take my chances on the adjuster. She told me "okay" and referred me to speak with the claims department if I had anymore questions. Basically stating, I was being a bother to her, even though I pay this office monthly to do this work for me.

On Saturday Jan 14th I received a call from the Plainfield Allstate location confirming my appointment to take the Jeep to have it inspected. Let me remind you, I told the agent's receptionist that the car was not drivable!!! I called the claims office and told the representative that the car was not drivable and she reported that it was marked drivable. Seriously!!!

Once again, I stated that we needed an adjuster to come to our home. The representative stated that the adjuster would be out between Jan 16 - Jan 20th. However, neither my husband nor I received a call between this time. When Friday arrived I had not yet received a call, I immediately called Allstate who informed that they never sent in the request for the adjuster to come to my home!!! We were once again, working harder than the insurance company. Please let me remind you about that we made no plans for this week, of course only my son's speech therapy, in order to accommodate Allstate.

The adjuster finally came to our Home on Friday Jan 27th to meet with my husband. Please let me once again remind you that it has now been 17 days since the accident. My husband and the adjuster confirmed the body shop and estimated repair cost. Later on that afternoon, I received a call from the body shop to confirm an appointment. The body shop had no idea that the car was not drivable and I was on my own to find a tow company to help get the Jeep from my home to the shop. Where was the agent?? Why did I have to do this??? I made accommodations for the Jeep to be towed Monday 30th, in which it was.

On Feb 7th, I received a call stating that my car was ready to be picked up and the rental was due back. This is from Allstate. I immediately called the body shop who informed that they emailed and talked to Allstate just a few hours ago and stated additional damages were found and it WAS NOT ready to be picked up. I called Allstate who informed that they just talked to the body shop and that it was ready. Once again, seriously!!! I called my agent who was at no help at all and acted as though it was an inconvenience. Finally the problem was solved as there was miscommunication on Allstate's end, imagine that!!!

I received another call from the body shop stating they submitted the request for more services but have not heard anything from Allstate and reports being at a standstill until able to hear back from Allstate. At this time, I am beyond upset!!! I communicate my concerns with ALLSTATE with the shop who informed the same concerns with this insurance company whom suggest that "we are in good hands!" Yeah right!!

Feb 10th I received a call at 4:30 pm stating my car was ready for pickup. However, since I have a job and was working, I did not get this message until after the shop was closed for the weekend. Once again, I did not hear from my agent about what do to at this point. What do I pay this man to do? I called the shop back to confirm pickup for Tuesday as my husband and I have jobs and cannot just take off to return a rental car. I received a call on Tuesday from Enterprise asking when the car would be returned. I immediately called Allstate whom assured me that Allstate would pay the 30 days and send in a request for any additional days!!! THIS WAS MISLEADING AND I HAVE THIS ON VOICEMAIL!!

My husband and I picked up our Jeep on Wednesday the 15th as we have jobs and children with doc's appointments. Let me remind you that this accident was an inconvenience to US!! We had to do everything on our own without the help of an agent whom we pay for goodness knows what? Why did he not personally call us to inform about the rental or that our car was done? There was no communication at all other than a voicemail stating our rental would be covered for the 30 days and by request if needed.

YES it was needed and Allstate had refused to help even though their voicemail stated they would. Also to note, both Enterprise and the body shop made comments about the ALLSTATE agent calling and accusing them of selling insurance. How unprofessional is that!! He went out of his way to call a body shop and Enterprise to act this way, but could not pick up the phone to tell us that our Jeep was done and we needed to return the rental car as they would not pay!!!

I called our agent on February 15 requesting for them to help solve this problem as I have worked harder than he has throughout the entire process. However when I did not hear back from him, I called on Friday Feb 17th in which our agent was miraculously able to speak with me as he was not in a "meeting". Please note I called him. THEY DID NOT CALL ME!!!

During this conversation, he informed that Allstate would only cover 17 days of the rental. WHAT!!! I immediately called the claims office that just informed on my voicemail that they would cover 30 days and then request more if needed. However, at that point they continue to tell me that they will send my concerns to the manager, as they were in meetings. The representative assured me that I would be contacted by the manager either Sunday or Monday.

To also note, when I questioned my agent and told him I want to speak to his manager, he gave me her contact information and number. Even though I knew she was going to take his side, I still had hope that Allstate would do the right thing and advocate for us. I WAS WRONG!!! Completely wrong! When I questioned why they told me that it would be paid and extended out if necessary, she could not give me an answer. Well let me rephrase that, you want to know her answer? Get ready. She told me that when the accident happened, I should have called the body shop!!! What??? You have to be kidding me!!! Please, please I encourage you to pull the tape and listen to her!! Please. At this point, I am beyond frustrated and all hope in this company is gone and now I need to find someone to help me, as Allstate will not. I emailed outside sources to get answers in which I will continue to do until justice is served.

Monday February 20th, I finally hear from a lady who assures me that she gathered all the facts and was asked to look over the claim. She misleads me to believe that she had the final say and her decision was to not pay the five days. Please listen to this tape as she slowly continues to give in as I tell her that the shop did not call until 4:30 pm and I didn't receive it until it was too late. She agreed to pay for the weekend and that Monday. Please listen to the tapes. I repeated to her several times and she confirmed that Allstate will cover the 3 days. She reports Allstate will take liability for the 30 days plus the additional 3 days due to their own miscommunication. I still was not happy, but told her I would pay the additional two days to make this all end. She agreed. Again, please listen to the tape.

She called me on Tuesday February 21st to tell me that Allstate will no longer pay the three days she assured me that they would. Seriously, folks this happened!!! I am not kidding. So here I am, trying to make sense of this and calling the claims department who informs that all I can do is submit a complaint or better yet when I called and talked to a representative from the executive office as her response was for me to hire a lawyer. Yep, fight against the company I pay to represent and protect me. That was her response all the way from the executive office!!

So here we are!!! Nothing solved and even more disappointed than ever before. I am sending this to the media, posting on all social media, filing a complaint with many companies whom are out there to protect us against monsters like ALLSTATE. I assure you that justice will be served and the truth will come out. One last note I would like to make is that Allstate has informed me that the other insurance company will compensate Allstate 9 rental car days. Okay so then why would Allstate not take the hit due to their miscommunication in this entire process and pay the three days I am asking? Why?? Well the answer is obviously; they are an untrustworthy company. Read the many complaints on this company!!! Again, I am beyond disappointed!

Raised rates without any reason or a heads up; just surprise, it's 40 dollars more. In Washington Utah the customer service is bad and they are no help explaining anything, I don't think they know what's going on.

January 20th, at approximately 11:55 PM I was hit by a driver who had Allstate as their insurance. It is now exactly a month from the date of that accident, which was reported immediately, and I have yet to receive my settlement from Allstate. Even if I remove the week it took to process the police report, that still means I have been waiting on Allstate a total of 24 Calendar days for a settlement to purchase a new car. Of those 24 days, I had a rental car for 10. Allstate paid for 9 days, because they cut off that service within 2 days of presenting a settlement offer, not me ACCEPTING the offer, but just them low-balling me with the minimum value of my car.

I have a degree in English Literature and I do not believe I will find the words to sufficiently describe how completely and utterly disgusted I am with their service. Even if only 1 person sees this review and refuses to use their service because of it I will feel as though I have contributed more to the betterment of this Earth than Allstate has since their founding in 1931.

I had to speak to not one, not two, but FOUR different Allstate representatives in the last month, each successively less competent at helping me reach a settlement and wrapping up my claim. I would almost have taken less money just to make the process faster, which I'm sure is the tactic they use when paying out insurance claims. My third rep, Tony, made it sound as though he had done me a personal favor by scoring my car "average" across the board in his inspection, only for me to see on the settlement that "average" is the lowest possible designation of condition.

My good friend Tony, had given my car the lowest score on every category to undermine the value of the car and make their payout less. I understand that is his job, to keep Allstate's coffers as full as possible, but do not insult me with such a brazen lie. My car was not in the best shape but I'm pretty sure you cannot deduct "Scratches on the front bumper" when your client tore my front bumper clear off my car.

When I finally did concede and sign my egregious settlement offer on Tuesday, February 14th, I mailed it immediately that morning, and called the collision center to release my car to Allstate. I later emailed my new Representative, Sarah, to confirm that now that Allstate was in possession of my totaled vehicle and I had signed over power of attorney I would receive my settlement with 48 hours. I was convinced my ordeal was finally over and began gregariously car shopping for my new car, setting up appointments, test drives, calling dealerships, setting up an auto loan, ALL WITHOUT THE HELP OF MY RENTAL CAR WHICH WAS TURNED IN ON THE 15th. Whatever, a minor inconvenience in the digital age, but much to my surprise February 17th rolls around, and I have yet to receive my settlement.

I contact Sarah once again, to confirm I had filled out the forms correctly, and they had been received. Of course, they were received right on time. But ALLSTATE did not plan to pick up my totaled car until the 17th, and would not pay me until they had it in possession. -_____- It should be obvious, but just to state my problem clearly with this, after 3 weeks of being inconvenienced and finally giving in and accepting Allstate's offer, they took 3 more days to pick up my car. 3 more days which I had no rental vehicle to get myself to work, 3 more unnecessary days I was FORCED to bide my time and take Lyfts, and Ubers, and beg friends and family for rides.

Fine, whatever, starving children in Africa have more pressing concerns, I can handle the inconvenience for 3 days. So supposedly, Allstate retrieved my vehicle on the 17th, meaning I should have been paid out in full by the 19th, 48 hours after receiving my signed Settlement and my totaled car. Well, as any intelligent reader could infer, but I'll spell it out for any Allstate employees reading this, IT IS THE 20TH AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A GOD DAMNED CENT. In conclusion, the only reason I would EVER recommend anyone use the services of Allstate's Auto Insurance branch is that if you ever hit someone, you can sleep soundly knowing that they will spend the next month in intense frustrating agony as Allstate slowly bleeds them of both spirit and will power.

You as the guilty party will be able to rest comfortably knowing that no matter how bad your car is or how badly you were hurt, Allstate will most assuredly drag the other party through so much mud and muck that they could legally and justly file a second claim for their personal and emotional injuries sustained through the corporate accident that is Allstate. But the real kicker? They won't because that would mean going through the same agonizing and incredulously painful claims process they went through the first time.

I was in a car accident that the other driver was liable for, and he happened to be a customer of Allstate, so I filed my insurance claim with Allstate. Because my car was undrivable, they gave me a rental car while my car was being fixed. However, they wouldn't cover insurance on the rental, which they didn't tell me for a week. So the rental company ended up charging me $170 "damage waiver" for that week during which I was driving around in a rental I thought was paid for by Allstate, blissfully unaware that with each passing day, I was being billed another $24 because Allstate wouldn't cover the insurance on it. Allstate -- an INSURANCE COMPANY that was liable for the accident that rendered my car undrivable -- wouldn't cover the insurance on the rental.

Once I found out that Allstate wasn't covering the insurance on the rental, I made sure it was covered under my own insurance so that the rental company would stop billing me for the "damage waiver" at $24 a day. But in the meantime, I was out $170. An accident that someone else caused and that rendered my car undrivable shouldn't have cost me anything. But because of Allstate's nonchalance about the whole situation, I ended up being out a significant amount of money.

When I talked to the guy at Allstate who was handling my claim about the money I paid the rental company, he shrugged his shoulders, gave me some log of activity surrounding the claim, and told me it wasn't his responsibility and that Allstate definitely would not be reimbursing me for the $170. I still feel completely ripped off and no one at Allstate cared enough to do anything about it. I would never become an Allstate customer after this experience. And I certainly do NOT recommend them to anyone else.

I was with Allstate for 3 years up until I got into my first accident in well over 10 years. They had me thinking I had accident forgiveness and come to find out that is in a gold or platinum package, I had the silver package. Every year my agent switched. I tried contacting every agent that was assigned to me but I had no luck. I left several messages. I left email and phone messages and got zero response. After my accident my premium went up an extra 185 dollars a month. There is no way I was going to pay that. I left and got Plymouth Rock which I pay 161 a month. I wouldn't refer anyone to Allstate. They are the worst insurance company out there. They need to stop with their false advertisement on accident forgiveness. My girlfriend had the same problem.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.
  • Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.
  • Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.
  • Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.
  • Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.
  • Best for Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Compare Auto Insurance