Find the Best Match

FIND MY MATCH
Allstate Auto Insurance
2.10/5

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

FIND MY MATCH

1770 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I purchase a service contract with the purchase of my 2014 Dodge Challenger in 2015. Seemed like a great investment. I had never used it. I recently needed front struts for my car, when I tried to use my contract, the agents I spoke with told me that it wasn’t covered because they “considered” the parts needed to be “shocks”, and that my contract didn’t cover “shocks”. When I purchased the contract I got the best one available for around $1700.00. Everyone I spoke with about my contract told me if I had purchased a lesser tier contract “shocks” would be covered.

What???? This doesn’t make sense to me, nevertheless I decided to buy the parts myself, as I searched for the parts I found that everywhere I searched the parts were referred to as “struts” including the original equipment. I looked into canceling the contract and found that I would only get $700.00 taken off the loan on my Challenger. I would lose $1000.00. What???? So I ordered the “struts” to repair my car. I decided not to cancel my contract in hopes that it might cover something down the road. Hindsight I don’t think I’ll ever purchase another service contract. I feel like they make up the rules as they go.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I've been with them for 6yrs with no claims filed then one day some guy in front of me whose tire started falling apart throwing debris all around my car then the tire detached hitting my passenger side bumper. After viewing the damage I found both the bumper and side panel was damage and a significant dent in the hood. I have a dash cam video recorder and submitted the video and the claim agent said they would only cover the bumper because the damage to the hood happened from a prior incident. Wait, What? They said they couldn't see anything hit the hood, well that's because it was below the camera's view and something kicked up from the other driver’s car and hit my front end of the hood over the hood's hump.

I didn't find all this out until after I went to pick up my car so If I knew I could have not authorized the repair of the hood. This was a sneaky move to get out of paying around $700 which now they lost way more than that when I canceled both my home and auto policies. How stupid is that to risk losing much more lucrative residual premium payments? This is how they operate, corrupt as can be.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Did not look at vehicles, determined fault, which was contrary to the police report, where their driver who was cited. Scam artists, do not want to settle claims, just drag out the process. NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE. Hire an attorney, DO NOT GIVE A RECORDED STATEMENT, as he twist and distort the results.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am writing a review about Allstate. They have been a horrible company to work with. I have had to switch to many different locations because the employees always have an attitude. Every one there is opinionated and today was simply the last straw for me. The women said some things to me that were unprofessional. Honestly how could she work in customer service if that how she speaks to people? So tomorrow I am cancelling. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I am switching to Triple A. They were so nice and polite to me on the phone. I cried to them how bad Allstate has treated me. :/

The women also told me taking care of my son was not a job and it just means I'm unemployed and I do work a little bit but I'm usually with my son but what she doesn't know is I went to college and am looking for a good job and in life I rather have my son than nothing else. What nerve she had to tell me I'm unemployed. I did not explain myself any further and knew in the moment I do not want to be in this environment and I rather go somewhere else. Bye bye Allstate you horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I contacted the Allstate Indemnity Company's executive offices complaining of a payout on a fraud claim filed against my policy. Next, after speaking with their representative, I had to file formal complaints with the state insurance commissioner and, the FTC. I have been a customer of Allstate for many, many years. No accidents, no tickets, no losses. WORST customer service, lacking in providing help and assistance every step of the way. 'In Good Hands,' I don't think so. Allstate will not allow a customer to speak with upper management, officers of the company. Their protocol is to silence the individual or, cause additional monetary expense for having to retain an attorney. This is how the company treats, I should say, mistreats their customers. It's unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Cheryl ** low balled me, questioned me, down talked to me for 30 minutes about my prescription glasses and other stolen property as if I was a liar. I have been a customer of Allstate for over 13 years and have never been disrespected in this manner. She mentioned there was over 20 optometrists in Arcadia and said she cannot just call and get a number, well I did just that in a matter of minutes. 3 locations gave me a price of $400 to start for noneconomy glasses with prescription, not one place but 3 and not one denied giving a price over the phone. Mind you this price is to start. I can only hope this lady doesn't nickel and dime me on all my personal belongings after getting my car stolen. Allstate get it together, this is ridiculous to have to put your customers thru after a loss... These people are stress!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I had a terrible experience with Allstate I’d like to share to warn others. I was hit while my car was parked in a parking lot. The other driver did minimal damage to my car but my car was only 4 months old so we exchanged information as he said he wanted to do the right thing and take care of the damage. I filed a claim through his insurance, Allstate, and they instructed me to send them pics of the damage, they would give me an estimate for repairs then I would go to an auto body shop of my choice, give them the paperwork and Allstate would pay them direct. I did exactly that.

I scheduled the repair during time I would be out of town so they wouldn’t have to worry about a loaner for me. The repair shop found additional damage while working on the car and communicated this with Allstate. I got a call from the Allstate adjuster while I was away that the car would take slightly longer because of the additional damage and they were just calling to let me know.

9 days later I go to pick up my car and the auto body shop said Allstate is refusing to pay because the driver whom hit me hasn’t called to give his statement yet. Why am I just finding this out now?? How could Allstate wait until after the repairs we done to let me know if this? They said they never accepted liability so they won’t pay it. Why would they send the estimate over? Why would they negotiate and approve a supplement for additional damage if they haven’t even spoken to their insured? I ended up having to pay for the entire repair out of my own pocket just to get my car back. I would have never approved the cost of this repair but I wasn’t involved at all because the auto body shop negotiated the price with Allstate.

Allstate acts like they are customer service oriented and want to make claims quick and easy. They really dropped the ball on this case but they claim no responsibility for their failure. My vehicle should never have gotten to the point of being repaired unless they had what they needed to move forward. Over about a 20 day period no adjuster ever made any indication to myself or the body shop they possibly wouldn’t pay. The auto body shop says they have never seen anything like this before and someone at Allstate made a mistake and now this has cost me $1300 that I never authorized.

Beware Allstate gives a false sense of security however won’t follow thru with their responsibility. You never know if they are really going to follow thru with payment until it’s too late. I’ve called numerous time to find out how to resolve and now my calls are ignored. Disgusted by their lack of service and a completely broken policy they have on communication.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Since 2003 I have always had car insurance. I only gave a try to Allstate month ago only because they offered lower price on my car insurance than what I originally had. But I had to cancel it within few weeks. They sold me car insurance for $124 a month and after 20 days in, I got email that my monthly payment doubled because salesperson made a mistake. Okay, so how is that my fault? "No. It's not your fault miss but there is nothing we can do," was the answer.

And this is Allstate where you are in good hands. :) Because of their mistake I ended up paying more than what I was paying before them. Basically they made mistake but you still pay and if you don't like it you can switch to other company. Which I did but that is not how company should take care of their customers. First, they sell you the policy. Now they can't help you and yes to cancel policy I had to be on the phone for half an hour because customer service for some reason doesn't know how to cancel it. If you want to avoid headache stay away from them. Worst company ever.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My wife was at a red light in a construction zone among the cattle shoot of cones so nowhere to go. She is hit from behind by a driver with Allstate and he was cited. After a month of messing around with them, multiple phone calls, visits to the body shop her car is totaled for which they "accepted liability". My wife lost work with time spent going to hearings for the bum that hit her (he challenged the ticket) and at the bank buying a new car.

I have 7 hours of time in calls and running. Allstate said too bad "that is your cost of having property" and your time has no value. You can of course sue them and based on the posts I have read they never pay anyway. So tell it to the world how bad they are and send Tom Wilson, President & CEO: Allstate Ins. Co. PO box 660598, Dallas TX, 7566-0598 as many letters as you can and tell him how horrible he is the top leader and his company is.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have been a customer for over 25 years, the increases in the past have been acceptable 2% or 3%. However, for the past two years I have been hit with increases of 10%, 11%, 15% and the last one was the one that broke the camel’s back; a bopping 24%. OMG!!! This is ridiculous! I’ll remind you, No accidents, No tickets, No claims. I know that there have been a lot of fires in California, but getting us car insurance customers to pay should be against the law. Where is our California Insurance commissioner? Sleep at the wheel? Unbelievable, I have switched to a different insurance company and I’m paying what I was paying two years ago now. To all out there, shop around!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Allstate offers awesome discounts on auto insurance if you have a smart phone, computer, and internet access. Customers who can’t afford such niceties are discriminated against. There is a 3% discount and cash back reward to download their app and let them track your every move with Drivewise, however if you can not afford a smart phone or are unwilling to allow them to access your every move you will be financially punished.

Another discount only received by those with computer and internet access is called e-smart, all of your policy info and bills are accessed online, requiring money to save money. If you wish to get a paper bill you will be charged $4 per bill!!! If you give them access to your checking account they charge you $1.50 pee bill!! You get charged to pay your bill!?!? But, again if you have money and pay in full you do not get charged the billing fees and again get another discount for the wealthy only. This company punishes and discriminates anyone without money!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have tried multiple times to get help with a simple problem regarding our mileage/usage on one vehicle. I have supplied ample documentation yet have not been able to get any help from anyone at Allstate. The agent's office keeps making me jump through hoops and provide more and more documentation for a very simple problem that is clearly a mistake. The 800 numbers are only recordings and transfer me directly to the agent's office over and over. Our annual mileage is documented at an amount that is more than is even on the car to this date! This has increased our policy premium. I have no one else to call...

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was hit from behind in a car accident and had bad lower back pain. Allstate (where you're always in good hands) told me that would cover up to $1,000 in medical treatment for a year. I went to the chiropractor four times for treatment and each time I was harassed about being reimbursed. I was never able to get a hold of the agent “helping me.” Always had to leave voice mails and wait for her to get back to me. Worst service ever and now I have a messed up back and don’t want to continue treatment because they never pay... isn’t that what insurance is supposed to do? I have now canceled my insurance with them, my husband's insurance, my mom's insurance and working to get my in laws, sister and brother to cancel. If you want good service call Geico.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was leaving the post office, had backed out and had put my vehicle in drive when an SUV backed into me. They weren’t looking and admitted to causing the accident. Long story short... just like many other stories here, the Adjuster found me at 50% fault. I was extremely angry! He twisted my words around even though he had a recording and told me to get my insurance to do their own investigation if I didnt like it. Allstate is horrible!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My car received water damage. It took an adjuster from Allstate, almost a week to view my car because according to Allstate "there's not enough adjusters in NYC (the highest charged customers)." Not my problem!!! when I've been paying Allstate $420 a month for my insurance for the past 4 yrs. Each time I call for an update I can't get any real answers. It's been almost two weeks and I have no car to take my little one to school, because my car is considered a total loss and I haven't received my car cost. All I'm saying is give us what we pay for speedy, thoughtful and correct care. Allstate has made me feel like I'm not deserving of good care and all the money I have paid for my safety and others has been a waste of time. WITH ALLSTATE YOU'RE NOT IN GOOD HANDS!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Awful customer service. They DOUBLED my rates without telling me after ONE accident 6 months ago. Who thinks 776.00 a month is a reasonable price to pay for 2 car insurance policies? They avoided my phone calls, I had to block my phone number in order for them to answer me. Never a follow up call or apology, I was without funds for OVER 6 days waiting for a credit from my termination of this policy as they didn't even offer to redo my policy and lower the rate. And I have been a customer for 5 years. Clearly this agent does not value client loyalty and couldn't care less that my kids and I were without money for almost a week! STAY AWAY! Go with Geico... They saved me over 450 dollars a month on my new policy. Allstate should be ashamed of the way this agent treated me and my family after all the business I gave them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I just came to Allstate in March of this year. In June of 2018 they decided to add my sister to my insurance without letting me know stating they were a "family" insurance company. So basically anyone that had the same address on their license was automatically put on the insurance unless I could provide another address for them or proof they had another insurance. My insurance went from 150 a month to over 400 a month. When I discussed with the local agent I had no idea where she was staying. They insisted because it was my sister I knew something. I asked them to take me off automatic pay and they didn't do it.

It took me almost a month to figure out where she stayed and by that time another bill cycled around and over 400 came out of my account again along with an overdraft fee. They were suppose to give me 500 back but said they could only refund 300. This is the worst company I have ever been with and will be sure to tell everyone I know not to go with them ever.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

This is just a follow up regarding my claim back in May 2017, it's August 19 2018 now and Allstate has not pay me for my medical bills, they also made the choice not to pay anything for my son... nothing for pain and suffering and none of the medical bills. There is no room for negotiation with ALLSTATE unless I get an attorney to fight for me, they flat out told me that they have made I choice of how much they want to pay me, what they want to pay doesn't even cover the full bill for my treatments $2000. They chose not to pay my son, in their eyes my 9 year old kid who was in the back seat at the time of the accident, didn't suffer any pain.

Talking to their agents is like talking to a wall. You ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS when it comes to them. Other insurances are better. AAA, Esurance, are best to work with. NOT ALLSTATE. Every time I talked to them I almost got a heart attack because they were so insulting and cold as ice. When I talked to them, the agents gave me more stress that the actual accident. I spent hours talking to them on the phone, and every day I talked to them was a very draining day for me... I don't know how they let Allstate get away with this. Their clients pay thousands of dollars to take care of whomever they hurt in an accident, but ALLSTATE just want to keep all the money for them and don't care about the people at all.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I've been an Allstate customer for over 30 years (since acquiring my license at 16). My entire driving history - 1 speeding ticket (age 18) paid for. No accidents until Dec 31, 2017 (minor accident). Recent premium history renewal every 6 months. Currently own a basic Toyota Prius for 8 years (2010). Keep in mind I call to inquire on reason for increase... same song and dance... increase nationwide for ALL Allstate customers. I pay in full every renewal... July 14,2015 (for Sep renewal) = $505.56; Jan 12, 2016 (for Mar renewal) = $505.57; July 13, 2016 (for Sep renewal) = $542.10; Jan 11, 2017 (for Mar renewal) = $562.98 (start of new agent. I was not informed of to replace my old agent due to illness/retirement (?) of 10+ years); July 13, 2017 (for Sep renewal) = $609.80; Jan 10, 2018 (for Mar renewel) = $678.46.

I thought this increase was due to my accident on Dec 31, 2017. I complained of increase. All I got was 2 $10 Visa/MC credit. July 13, 2018 (for Sep renewal) = $1,393.83. Increase from my very first accident (minor accident). Will not be renewing unless Allstate can reduce by a considerate amount. Note: I had one renewal premium decrease the 8 years I've owned my Prius. All renewals were increases with no accidents/tickets with the exception of last renewal. Also, their first time "accident forgiveness" does not apply in California although they advertise on TV in CA market. Umm... it's the 21st century. There's a way to apply those specific promotions to specific markets. - Allstate's very unhappy loyal customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Due to my former Allstate agent’s error, I overpaid almost $3,000 over 4 years. I had suspected something was wrong several years ago and asked the insurance commission for Kansas to step in and help. We switched agencies and my new agent didn’t catch the mistake. Allstate refunded almost $700 worth (one years overpayment), but now they are refusing to refund the rest as it isn’t their policy to refund more than 1 year’s mistake. I was even told that “as a woman”, I need to better inform myself of how to take care of my household and that I should have known my policy was wrong. They told me I should have checked all my tax records and appraisals against my policy myself and should have never relied on their agents to do so. I’m not an insurance expert, they are...

They promote their “excellent customer service” and then are turning around and telling me it is because I am a woman that I don’t know these things. I had 2 agents look at this, 2 experts because as a VP at a large company, trying to start a business, with a chronic illness, and running a house, I don’t have time to become an insurance expert. I rely on agents just like millions of other Americans.

On top of this discovering they are essentially stealing millions of dollars this way from people who are relying on their “expert agents” that the company doesn’t “back” for more than a year makes me sick. The fact that it was emphasized to me by customer service over and over that as a woman, I should do better is further infuriating! I intend to fight this and hopefully others will do the same! Please share this so others can know what Allstate is doing! I’d highly recommend getting a quote from at least 2 other companies, and asking them not to only use your current policy, but to check original records. It just might truly save you thousands! Allstate is stealing money from consumers!!! #Allstategiveusourmoneyback

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was in an auto accident with no injuries. My car was damaged and was towed to an Allstate approved, Great Neck Collision at 1 Elm Street in Great Neck, NY. My car sat there for 4 weeks and when completed, I picked it up. The car was not test driving by them. I brought it to Honda dealer and was given a report of leaking boots by the front axle where work was suppose to be done. The front rim was bent and needed to be replaced and wasn't. It was hammered back in to place and bent.

My car handles bad and is very dangerous to drive. Allstate has done nothing up till now and has the nerve to give me runaround. They fail to protect their customers. They make difficult situations into horrific situations with a lot of stress. This is going on since June and I can't believe they can get away with it. Worst service. No respect. No help. Wasted money. I can't retrieve my 1000.00 deductible back and they still endorse the bad service body shop who threatens their patrons. Allstate insurance and Great Neck Collision should be ashamed of themselves and should stop ripping people off and stop all business activity. I have proof for all I said and can't wait to prove it in court.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

So I was side swept by an Allstate insured person. He asked that I not call the police to file a report, but I still did. He admitted to the police that he was the one that drifted into my lane and caused the accident. When I filed the claim with Allstate, they took both our statements. When the first adjuster made his final decision he decided that I was at 20% fault for not honking... like I knew his client was going to drift into my lane. I refused to accept that because I was not at fault... and may I add, when I first spoke with the adjuster and I asked him for the process, he stated that he would have to determine fault and depending on his findings, I may be 20% at fault. How did I know he would have put 20% fault on me when he concluded his investigation???

Well, I sent him the police report, which clearly states their insured drifted into my lane, yet they could not use that as evidence that his client was at fault. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. He stated that he didn't have one. Finally, I got to speak to someone else who transferred me to his supervisor. This is where things went south. I spoke to the supervisor, whom I may add, was very rude. He said he would listen to the statements and see all evidence and determine who's at fault. Next day I get a call and he states that the claim was denied because his client never admitted to being at fault. This is all, after the first adjuster determined that their client was at 80% fault and I was at 20% fault for not honking. They have refused to pay $3400 in damages. I refuse to let this go. As of now, they have not paid anything to me. I guess I will have to take their client to small claims.

After all this, I have learned that Allstate is a piece of crap insurance. They will even screw over their own clients just so that they won't have to pay what they have to. Oh and, their Quick Photo app is the worst. They said I had to upload pictures to the app. When I did, they quoted me at $600 for repairs. I demanded that they send someone to see the car. They sent someone, but they refused to work with me on a time. He said I had to leave my car somewhere where he could go see it at any time. Finally, I arranged to borrow a car so they could go see the damages. When they saw it, they quoted me at $3000, $400 less than what the body shop has quoted me. Stay away from Allstate because even if you are their client, they will screw you over.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had to hang in there with them for three years because of an accident (I was slammed from behind by an uninsured, NO DL, expired tags driver) and they hung the blame on me because the office was intimidated by the owner of the other car (older linebacker of a brother of the unlicensed driver -- shouldn't have even been on the road). Long story short, if I'd switched insurance earlier, I would have paid out the ** (more than I was) and this even angered my PRIOR agent. Monthly payments dropping for three years until this last policy was almost over, then I find them claiming I had a new accident.

What? No, my vehicle was not involved in any accidents. I had to call roadside service for them to change my tire (used my donut tire) which is covered under my ROADSIDE protection that I used ONCE. Not a claim. Contacted my agent for an explanation - Nothing! I switched insurances (forty dollars less per month) and canceled Allstate. When I told her I was canceling, she asked, "Is it because of the cost?" My response was "Yep." That accident-free 6 month discount program they advertise is BS. Never saw a dime of it before the only accident I've ever had and none afterward. This is NOT an insurance company, it's a school of piranhas just waiting for the opportunity to eat you alive.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I filed a claim for an RV, the RV is totaled due to water damage. They declined the claim stating they don’t cover freezing/broken lines. I filed another claim for water damage, since it happened a couple times. They declined that one stating they don’t cover mechanical issues. Make sure to read the fine print, they have a way of wording everything to cover them which leaves the customer in a bad way. Needless to say we have a 4 year old camper that is totaled and we have to pay on it for the next 8 years. Worse Insurance company EVER. I would NEVER recommend them to my worst enemy.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I paid my last premium to take me until Aug 26th of 2018 however I was cancelling my policy on the 13th, was assured I would be given a refund. The day after my payment was taken out of my account I received a bill saying I was not getting a refund. Also I owe money. Horrible experience and service. I called and called and they keep giving me the run around, saying, "All of our managers are in meetings and we are all in the same department. You cannot speak to anyone but me."

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

After 24 years of being with them they screwed me hard! This company stole $1,100 from us. They changed my policy without me knowing from $415.67 to $1,325.00 a month!!! I never got a call or notification! I paid for 1st wreck forgiveness but let me tell you that doesn’t matter if it’s someone else driving your car! This company lies, overcharges and can’t even back their programs! After 24 years all I can say is ** Allstate! Go with any company but this one! Nothing but liars and thieves!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was with Allstate over 6 years both auto and home, all no tickets, no accident, all the sudden when Nevada changed the auto rate, they took advantage of me, with 4 vehicles I was paying under 4k a year, now all of a sudden they want charge me 7200 per year. Now if you're minority or somehow your name sounds foreign, watch out they'll definitely take advantage of you, by the way I have excellent credit and live upscale neighborhood.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I was rear ended by one of their policyholders and it was a terrible experience dealing with Allstate. My car is older, 1969, and they didn't have a shop that would work on it so I had to find one. Then the shop was charging too much, then it was too far away, then it was taking too long. Then, as the cherry on the cake, they charged me for the rental car because "they only cover 'reasonable' rental". So I guess I am being unreasonable by needing to get to work while my car is being fixed. Terrible company!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I like Allstate. Whenever I've had a question or just needed some clarification they either answered right away or got back to me in a timely manner. I've never had any bad issues with them. My agent is great and he keeps me in the loop but after a while all insurance companies raise the price so you have to play the same game they do and shop for first time deals. They are very upfront but I'm probably going to be shopping around because of price.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was in car accident since February. The car hit me in the back, went to the hospital by ambulance, and went back to the hospital 'cause I was in pain. They did all type of X-ray. The hospital sent me bills for the ambulance, I sent it to my claim adjuster Tara **, now the hospital is sending me to collections. Tara don’t pick up calls or returning emails, now my credit is on the line. I’m in that point now to get a lawyer. Allstate don’t give crap about people. Bad customer service.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky