Allstate Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 1/9/2017, Monday, I somehow picked up a Leatherman multi-tool on my passenger front tire on my way home from work approx. 6:00 pm. I contacted the roadside department to report my situation and was told I would be called back with the information on the company that would be assisting me with (by now a completely flat tire). Of course no call. I was able to reach a friend to help and was able to get me home. Again, contacted roadside and was told that the only available company was 50 miles away and I would have to pay some out of pocket costs. I suggested they contact a company AC Towing and was informed that this company did not do service calls of this nature.

I was told I "again" would be contacted as to which company would now come to my residence to change the tire. NO call. I called again (this is the 3rd call from me). I was told "again" to be expecting a phone call or text message of the service provider and the time of their arrival. Today is 1/11/2017 and I have yet to receive either one and what is more unnerving that I have not even received a call from Allstate to check on my situation. I did go in and talked to my agent on Tuesday, 1/10 and she was not aware this had even taken place??? Very disappointed on this service, which is advertised as 24/7 assistance.

I was in an accident with a guy who had Allstate and he was at fault, I had to run around and take care of everything because Allstate is some lazy **. They offered me the cheapest of compensation, rental, parts etc. and when it was all said and done I had to pay $500 in rentals because it took the adjuster a long ** time to do his supplements and they told me I had exceeded their timeline for repair. ** being in good hands. These guys don't give ** about you and all the inconvenience it is for you to take care of another careless driver's mistakes that they insured. You're literally in the worst hand with this company and on top of it I got nothing but used parts on my new truck because the dumb ** adjuster said it was a month old truck. Avoid this company at all cost. If not you'll definitely live to regret it then it will be you writing a review.

Allstate is the worst car insurance company, they do everything in their power not to pay on or fix a vehicle when their policy holder is at fault. I have been without my car now 3 weeks and the claim is still not resolved. Initially the day of accident it was stormy, raining and I had the man in driver seat come into my office to exchange and discuss what happened, it was not until later that afternoon when it had stopped raining I noticed my car was pushed up against a tree breaking my back right tail light.

I called them and informed of additional damage. They said it was too late to claim it... really 2 hours later, it has been a fight ever since. The man driving was so old he should've had his license suspended years ago, he did not know he had hit me, that could've been a small child he backed up over. Very unhappy with the way I have been treated. THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am now looking into having a suit against them, all they had to do was fix the damage that was done, now it will cost them way more than a repair.

They did the job without too much hassle. I would give 5 stars for the claims but 2 stars for keep increasing the premium without even letting you know or care if you did have or not accident or tickets. I was with Allstate for almost 4 years. Every 6 months they will raise the premium. In the 4-year I stopped and chose a different insurance company that I hope it will do better on being transparent.

Rates seem stellar for all that I have. Been with them a while despite rate checking every few renewals. I've been impressed with the call center staff - always US based folks oftentimes pursuing advanced degrees and very clear about their day job work. I've had policies in AL, FL, VA, and NC. Umbrella, homeowners, landlords, renters, auto X4, etc. Very flexible company with many options. No problems reaching local agents at any time either - customer oriented.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

My parked car was rear ended by an Allstate insured almost six months ago, and the level of service I received has been deplorable. My claim has yet to be resolved and the staff has been cold, unreceptive and unhelpful in this distressing process. It has been a nightmare getting to work and ushering my two children around all this time without my car. My youngest child is autistic and is sensitive to extreme light, sound and large crowds. It has not been an easy task taking him on crowded buses and trains, and walking in the freezing temperature to the train station.

I am being offered less than half of what my car is worth and my attempts to negotiate are being met with unsympathetic and disinterested remarks. My car was very important to me. It was my first car and I feel that I was wronged when the other driver plunged into it. They are adding insult to injury by making this ridiculously low offer that could never purchase a comparable car, even if it were doubled. I am sending copies of this letter to Allstate's CEO and District Manager, my states attorney general, the federal trade commission and consumeraffairs.com for posting.

I reported the accident on 8/5/2016 as soon as I received the driver's insurance information from the police. My car wasn't inspected until 8/15/2016 though I was promised it would be in 2 to 3 days, meanwhile, the other drivers car was almost finished being repaired. In early August 2016, I received a call letting me know that my car will be removed from the tow truck company. I only agreed when I was told that I could request my car back at any time and it would be returned at no cost to me. I could not find a comparable vehicle for the claim amount that was offered, so I asked Susan to return my car and fix it instead. At least then I would have a car. She told me that I would have to pay to have it returned and I would still only get the reduced appraised value and not what it cost to fix it. It is very frustrating to work with a company that does not stand by their word.

My car was deemed a total loss and in the first valuation report, most of the vehicles used were 2004 vehicles; since my car is 2003, they then deducted an average of $1,000 due to the fact that the vehicles they chose to use were 2004. Also, most of the vehicles were from NJ and PA. It is a well-known fact that vehicles in those states are much cheaper than prices you would find in CT. I sent in my own comps which were all 2003 vehicles from CARFAX and CARGURUS.

I was told that I needed to re-submit these, to include the States that they were being sold and the phone numbers. I pointed out that these are very popular websites. This information could be easily found online. I was told by Susan that they do not have time to look up this information. I offered to email her this info separately. I was told that I had to resend everything with the requested info printed on it. I was in the process of getting these documents together when I was notified by Susan that my car was revalued and they added a measly $100 to the value. It turned out that they could not use my comps because the values were TOO HIGH. The new comps that they used were still all from NJ and PA, which do not truly represent what similar vehicles cost in CT.

They also made huge deductions for prior damages. They deducted for the left side mirror, which was replaced and functional, my front bumper which was not damaged before the accident, and the rear of my vehicle when their insured completely smashed it in. How are you going to deduct for prior damages to the rear, when because of your insured there is no rear anymore? That only leaves the two left doors which are online for $100 each. They deducted over $1300 for prior damages. They also made deductions of over $600 for existing condition, for silly things like missing wheel covers, lightly soiled seat/carpet.

I objected to the deductions and was basically told to take it or leave it. At this point no efforts are being made to assist me. When I send emails I get no response until a week later. I do not believe that this is lack of service is fair, and it makes me feel like I'm being ill-treated because I'm not Allstate's insured, and I can be discarded because my car isn't worth much, so I'm not important.

I am requesting to be paid fair value for my vehicle, based on my comps and research this would be at least $5000. I would like the deductions for prior damages to be reduced to $300. I think this is more than fair for 2 scratched doors. The deduction for existing condition should be removed; It is an unfair practice to charge me for slightly dirty carpets on a 2003 vehicle. I'm sure the comps that were used in the valuation are not squeaky clean. It is expected that these vehicles will have wear and tear.

Finally, I'm requesting to be compensated for all the months I did not have the use of my vehicle. All this time I was given a take it or leave it attitude, and genuine attempts were not made to reach a fair resolution. I got so frustrated at the lack of interest, that I asked Susan to transfer my claim to someone else, and her response was the claim will not be reassigned to anyone else for handling. I'm just asking to be treated with fairness and with respect.

My wife and I have/had several policies with Allstate. I had a commercial liability policy and a commercial auto policy for my small business through them, and my wife still has her auto policy and our homeowners policy with them. Before I get to the bad, the only good thing I can say is about my local agent. The only thing he was good at was returning calls and answering questions. Outside of that, I think his hands are tied by his price gouging parent company Allstate and there was nothing he could do to keep my business. To lay the foundation, my wife and I both have perfect driving records with no tickets, accidents or claims. In addition, I have never had any claims, accidents or tickets through my business. Both our credit ratings are very high 700's and we are extremely timely in paying all debts.

When I noticed in 2014 that my business premiums were creeping up, I called my agent, and he said all rates are going up due to the flooding from recent hurricanes. Not sure why this affects us as we live in Northeast PA, and do not even need flood insurance and has nothing to do with my business or our home and vehicles. He said there was nothing he could do but o.k. I liked him and trusted him. 2015 went up more, by 2016 my combined business policies went from $2,518 in 2014 to $4,985 for 2016. Again, no claims, tickets, etc.

Enough was enough, so I went to a new insurance agent who carries multiple lines. He did say Allstate agents hands are tied when it comes to premiums and Allstate agents cannot offer competitive pricing from other carriers. In other words, if you're an Allstate agent, that's all you can sell. Well, my new agent doesn't carry Allstate which I am glad about, and he was able to offer multiple quotes from large name companies. Long story short, by switching my commercial policies to Amguard Insurance Company I am saving $2,750 per year. When I paid my first installments, my new agent sent a letter, that I signed, to my Allstate agent and we cancelled the Allstate policies for my business.

The policies were indeed cancelled, but I received an invoice from Allstate trying to collect $419. I threw the invoice out knowing the policies were cancelled thinking it was just timing on Allstate's part. Month later, received another invoice which I disregarded. 3 months later, I get a collection letter, that Allstate has submitted their past due invoice to, stating they will affect my credit rating if I do not pay.

Being overly cautious with my credit history, I called an 800 customer service number for Allstate. They stated the $419 is due, and it is called "an early termination fee." I did not sign any renewal notifications committing to a year, and all my monthly premiums were paid up to date at time of cancellation. So I decided to try and call my local Allstate agent, who still carries my wife's car insurance and our home owner's insurance. He stated the same thing... early termination fee, fully aware that I already cancelled 2 big policies with him, and am on the verge of cancelling the other 2. I guess their hands truly are tied. We did get new quotes from my new insurance agent on our other polices, and once again they are drastically less with a $730 savings per year. Unfortunately we have to wait 3 months to cancel as we do not want "early termination fees."

My goal here is to inform all consumers to stay away from Allstate. They have extremely high premiums, agents that cannot do anything about it, and then when you do change, in my opinion use criminal tactics to squeeze even more money from you. I am not sure what my next step can/will be. Is there a consumer action we can all take, or civil complaints? You can be sure I will research this to find a resolution and try my hardest to steer as much business away from Allstate that I can. In the meantime, shop around and avoid Allstate at all costs. Because if you don't, it will cost you in more ways than you can imagine.

I have filed several claims - probably 3 with the same car - with Allstate Insurance Company. In 2 of the accidents I was at fault and in the 3rd the other driver was at fault. In all three instances Allstate was fast, courteous and professional in dealing with me and my insurance claim. If you choose to go with one of their preferred shops they will not require three estimates nor will an adjuster need to come to give an estimate. In each of the three claims I made, the shop I wanted was on their list of "preferred shops." I have had excellent service and great premiums from Allstate Insurance. Allstate has been kind for the five years we have had them for a car insurance provider.

Recently my wife was hit in the back of the car while she was stopped in a red light. She drives a 2017 Acura MDX with all the highest checkpoints in the industry. First when she was filing the claim they treated her like it was her fault for stopping on red lights then the adjuster tried to short change us on the repair costs and then finally the worst of the worst is the collision department and the rentals. They gave us a $23 dollar a day for a rental which you get a Ford Focus or a Neon with. On top of all of this they want to hang up the phone on me when I express myself. Is this fair? Is this the way someone should get treated? Is this the company that you would want to get insured by? I will definitely NEVER EVER EVER EVER get insurance from this Allstate and neither should anyone else...

I recently had to deal with my child totaling her car. Their communication is good and they are respectful; however, they have an odd way of calculating the worth of your car. Most people would agree that Kelley Blue Book sets pricing on cars. Allstate uses a "third party" company to find comparable cars and uses that estimate with their own set of deductions–that are not similar to KBB–to determine what my car was worth. Totaled, they offered me approx 2500. I cannot find a car near what mine was for under 4500. How am I suppose to find something comparable?

I challenged them to show me the cars that led to that decision and I am awaiting a report that takes into account cars that are nearly 150 miles away. I am near a major city and they are not using those comparables to set my price. I should not have left USAA and I find it highly unlikely that I would have been treated the same way had I still been with that company. I strongly urge anyone considering Allstate to look past the cheaper insurance for quality and steer towards someone else.

The best way to test an insurance company is when you need to file a claim with them. Will they stand by you in the time of need to cover your claim or run? My wife recently had an accident with another driver who had Allstate auto policy. It was determined that both drivers were equally responsible. Our auto insurance company GEICO covered 50 percent for both drivers while Allstate denied our claim. This is what Allstate does - runs when they need to pay! On the other hand GEICO always treated us with respect and paid claims when they had to.

At the time of this auto accident, we were also Allstate customer for our homeowner's insurance (but not for auto). Since we could not trust Allstate from this Auto Insurance claim, we decided to "NEVER" buy any insurance from Allstate and canceled our homeowner's policy with them. We are planning to file a complaint with the State for our denied claim from Allstate. I am not able to trust this company at all, and I think it should get a "Zero Star" rating!

They approved hail damage to my roof and screens and paid off in a timely manner. The adjuster was friendly and professional. Prompt payment was made. They approved my claims and went out of the way to make sure I was satisfied. The personnel in the office were friendly and helpful.

Allstate is one of most unethical insurance company. We called to canceled our insurance more than 10 days ago. Today they charged my Acct once again. Agent ** in Wellington is a thief. He submit quotes in without client's approvals so he can get paid on those policies... Very bad experience with company and agents!! Someone need to audit this guy.

I switched to Allstate from AAA, and I've had lower bills and better customer service ever since. Allstate is a better match for my stage of life (married, employed full-time, kids) than other companies. I have only had to file one claim with them, and the process was smooth and effortless, as far as insurance goes. I had a unique case, in that my vehicle was involved in an accident out of state, and Allstate was able to help me file the claim and get a rental car secured so I could resume my normal routine while the car was in the shop.

My home in Bothell WA was hit by a lady under the influence of alcohol who was insured with Allstate. The police notified us since it was Christmas Eve and we were out of town. I called them to inform them of the accident and was hung up on 3 times. I finally got a man Mr. ** with their express team who promised to have it all handled. Today is December 26th and I had not heard anything this morning or for two days from Allstate. The home was damaged very badly by this car, including foundation.

Today I was on the phone with Allstate getting a runaround and brushed off by 4 or more people who refused to send out anyone to secure the home from further damage etc. Told me my responsibility. I called before 8 am this morning and still had no decent response up until 5 pm. They do not care about you and just deliberately change their stories and brush you off, call back you get put on hold or told someone will call you who still refuses to do anything but make excuses. This lady is covered but yet Allstate could care less about you or your property, took up an entire day.

I sent a complaint to WA insurance commissioner but will see what they do if anything. No hope for the consumer with these big crooked insurance companies who take your premiums and buy stadiums instead of paying claims. You are never in GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE and I learned this when I was 20 years old and the consumer report magazine back then had a big article on them at that time. Unfortunately I have to deal with them since their insured was the one who intoxicated ran off the road and into my home around 8 pm Christmas Eve night ruining my holiday with family and now makes it difficult to get anything done or for them to take responsibility.

This is the most dishonest insurance company on the face of the planet, which speaks volumes in the insurance ARENA of America. They all are thieves, corrupt and the big problem with why America is a failing Nation. Try to get in touch with the corporate office to no avail. I was hit and run on 2-13-2015 my first and only accident in 43 years of driving. First they hire a company called LSH LLC to try to rob you from paying your lost wages even though you are entitled to them. They go out of their way to cause you more stress and grievously dishonest and blatantly stealing what they rightfully should be paying you the policy payer. They switched my worker so many times. Most left the company... then yet assigned another. I hate Allstate Insurance BROOKLYN NY.

DO NOT USE ALLSTATE INSURANCE. When I switched over my home insurance and my car insurance the Allstate rep went ahead and canceled my other companies for me and then NEVER GAVE ME HOME INSURANCE. Then they dropped my insurance on my car without informing me of it until I get a letter in the mail from the DMV fining me for being without insurance. I tried going through their corporate office to get help and they "reviewed my case" and apparently not well enough because they pretty much said too bad. Now I owe over $400 for their insurance agent being a total idiot who clearly cannot do his job correctly.

Allstate is an absolute Scam operation. Allstate created a new Policy without my approval or knowledge at double the original policy, I switched to Geico at 50% of the Allstate policy. Allstate continued to send threatening bills and notices regarding the unauthorized Policy. BEWARE of this Company. I have worked with many companies over the years, and by far Allstate is the worst.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME! Allstate is by far the worse insurance COMPANY EVER! By all the reviews it's pretty obvious. I got in a car accident and after I reported it nobody sent me information on what to do after. I had to call the next day to get my adjuster's contact information. It took over two weeks to get my claim number. Nobody called or got in contact with me the entire time. Eventually I was so upset that they waived my deductible... so I was able to pick up my car. The car insurance doesn't even pay the taxes for your rental car! They suck!!!

I had an accident in which my car was damaged (no injuries). Even though state law allows me to use the body shop of my choice, Allstate immediately tried to convince me (even pay me!) to use another shop. The one I chose is the only Mini Cooper recommended body shop in Seattle and my car is a new, 2016 vehicle; I wanted it done right!

Allstate refused to negotiate, or even talk with the mechanic. They refused to pay 30% of the bill, despite the fact that I have been a customer of theirs for 25+ years and have the maximum safe driving credits. The "claims owner" led me to believe my claim would be paid in full (minus deductible) but the claims inspector/adjuster denied it all. Worst insurance experience ever. I will be pursuing all avenues (court, BBB, etc.) but too bad to have to go through all this. Lousy customer service. #Allstatecares - NOT.

WORST ever insurance!!! I was in a car accident with one of their customers and took my car to one of their body shops and they totaled my car. They wanted to pay me less than what my car was worth and then return the rental car within 3 day. How am I to find another car when they are taking all cars from me. Now my insurance Erie would have let you keep the rental for 30 days so that you have a way of getting around looking for cars. I was left with nothing but a check and no way of getting another car without bugging friends or renting a car myself for their wrecking and totaling my car... Then they had the nerve to have bad attitudes. Would never recommend these evil people. ALLSTATE SUCKS.

Allstate is nothing but a government sanctioned criminal entity, they take premium dollars and pay millions in salaries and bonuses. They delay, deny and defend their claims. There are two books written on their business practices and they are the number one most disliked insurance on the web. They should be put out of business or regulated and fined for the way they treat consumers. I have dealt with them on many claims for other people and it is horrible the way they lie, twist and distort the truth. Personal experience and changed from Allstate to Hannover and my new agent said Allstate had left me exposed to a lot of liability. He said it was the worst written bunch of policies he had ever seen.

Had an auto claim with Allstate, they shorted us on the value, paid the vehicle off when we ask them not to, totaled our vehicle when it was clearly repairable and shoved the sale titled vehicle up our ass, did not pay the collision center fees and we lost all our equity in the vehicle and still can't replace the vehicle and my wife has no car. We were ripped off by Allstate and lost everything we had in that vehicle and my wife lost the joy of her new edge she bought and all because she had an accident and was insured by Allstate. I tell everyone if you have Allstate drop them at once, any insurer is better than Allstate. I tell them to read the books delay, deny and defend.

I had switched from another insurance company because Allstate had more attractive pricing. However, from the original local representative contact to the management level at customer service, the service was just awful. The representatives were inarticulate, uninformed, inaccurate and completely unhelpful, one after another. Just terrible. That's what you get for skimping and crossing over to the dark side. I'm back to the other company and glad to pay a little more.

Got a quote, purchased an auto policy, paid for first month - then told I needed more docs to get "price break". Provided numerous docs. After 2 weeks told price was increased - canceled immediately, got refund 2 weeks later. Another month goes by. NOW ALLSTATE SAYS I OWE $50 for the canceled policy "increase". They did not take it out of the refund. Customer service cannot do anything, wont do anything. Agents office says they cant do anything. STEER CLEAR!!! BTW, I have perfect driving record at 60 - never a points ticket or any accidents. Got insurance online easily for less.

The adjuster called and said my photos were very dark and he could hardly see. I wanted to send clearer ones. He told me no and then cut a check when I completely disagreed with him. They would do nothing to help me get them better photos. My recommendation for this quick app is don't do it. He said I had a 4" crack in bumper when it was actually almost 10" and split 2 ways. What a joke. I will look for new coverage after being a loyal customer with no claims for over 20 years.

My vehicle was totaled by an person insured with Allstate. They accepted liability and sent an appraiser to inspect my vehicle. He noted no old or unrelated damages to the vehicle. Allstate used a computer program to tell me my car was worth $8100 rather than the book value of $10,000.00. Most upsetting was that a claims clerk named Nyla ** who is NOT licensed as an appraiser decided to take $600.00 worth of conditioning adjustments to my vehicle despite it being in "mint" condition, even the appraiser who inspected it didn't feel it warranted this. They refused to negotiate or explain why they did this, only that it is their policy to do so.

Most insulting is that they made an offer on a Tuesday afternoon, and said they would no longer pay for a rental past Saturday. Thanksgiving was Thursday and I was traveling. So in effect they gave me one business day to go look for a new car, arrange financing, and register the car. Oh, and they never paid me for my car. I met with their client to advise her I would be seeking the balance of my vehicle's value and additional rental charges through her directly. She was furious at her carrier's treatment of me, and in fact was upset with Allstate over the handling of her claim. She said nobody was keeping her updated on her claim and that phone calls went unanswered. Seeing the other complaints noted here, this seems to be their pattern and practice of claims handling. What a sad commentary.

I contacted Allstate corporate office and they told me to e-mail them directly which I did. Of course, there has been no response. This is a horrible way to do business. I had heard they were a nightmare to deal with, now I believe it. I would avoid them as much as possible. Nyla ** was the claims clerk in their CT office, and the claim # is **. She should have her license to adjust claims revoked.

I've had auto insurance for over 45 years and never have experienced service as bad as with Allstate. There are always problems and discrepancies between what you're told and what actually happens. We had signed up for auto-pay but due to their system error, the payment didn't register and despite their apologies, we incurred late fees. It took months of battle to correct their mistake. We're supposed to get discounts for easy pay. They took my bank info, it didn't happen. Although I'd called and was promised I was due a refund, they went ahead and withdrew the money they promised not to do overdrawing my account and incurring bank fees.

They promised to take care of it but after having me fax the proof twice (because the first one was apparently illegible) I was rudely denied. I've been paying for roadside assistance and should have been covered for up to $100, per their rep. but tonight, when I needed it for the first time, I was on the phone battling with them for over 2 hours because at first they could not verify my account, then they wanted me to pay out of pocket and POSSIBLY have the monies reimbursed, etc. I finally had enough and called an outside towing and got it done in 20 minutes. Nothing they had said or promised so far has materialized. Their agents are uncouth and dishonest.

This is about my uncomfortable experience with an Allstate adjuster. Recently, my wife was involved in a car accident with a driver whose insurance carrier was Allstate. Ms. Julie ** was the adjuster from Allstate and from the beginning, the way she treated us was so "cold" for no reason. One example is about the rental car coverage. Even though our car was a minivan, she only offered a compact class rental car. We asked for at least small SUV for safety reasons for my family, but she insisted for a compact car ($20+tax per day). After several phone talks, I just accepted to avoid any hassles. But, I was surprised when the staff of Enterprise called up another adjuster and got an approval for minivan equivalent vehicle yesterday. Enterprise said it is the law in NJ to match the car class.

And today, the Allstate adjuster called me all of sudden and asked to return the rented car by tomorrow. Because we hired an attorney, she used to not directly talk to me before. She didn't even give me a return call even when I left voice messages but only wanted to talk with my attorney. When asked why she didn't give me a call, she boldly said she didn't because I hired an attorney. Then, why she all of sudden directly called me today?

Also, okay, I understood the repair was scheduled to be completed by tomorrow and I was ready for that. However, it was like she called out of nowhere and "directed" me to return the car! I felt totally pissed off solely due to the way she treated our family. Why and how can she do this? Basically, my family is a victim of a car accident caused by a driver who is insured by Allstate. We are not enjoying this situation at all. She seemed to be interested only in the cost control but she doesn't care about our family. Sad, Allstate is losing businesses because of her!!. I am totally dissatisfied with the claim adjuster's services and determined to stay away from Allstate in my whole life.

On August 20 of this year, Allstate's insured backed out of a driveway 94 feet in front of my car when I was traveling 30MPH. My car hit her car. I had glanced to my right for 2 seconds prior to impact. When I looked forward her car was about 6 ft in front of me. Allstate denied my claim saying it was more than half my fault. 30 MPH = 44 ft per second. 2 seconds = 88 ft. plus the 6 ft that I saw before impact equals about 2.25 seconds stopping time. Allstate's insured claimed I was 110 ft away when she pulled out in front of me. That's 2.5 seconds stopping time. Even if I had not looked away for 2 seconds, 2.5 seconds is not enough stopping time when traveling at 44 ft per second.

And then there is the matter of RIGHT OF WAY. To the best of my knowledge, the person driving down a street has more of a right of way to that street than a person backing out of a driveway. I have filed a small claims against Allstate and their insured. I have court date, but it looks like Allstate has said they won't be there. The insured will be. It looks to me like Allstate has told their insured, "you're on your own." It's like she didn't have any insurance at all. It looks to me like this company is a complete RIP-OFF. And I would not recommend anyone do business with this company at all. You have been warned!

I was with Allstate for over 7 years. Never had an accident or filed a claim. My rates continued to go up over time and I continued to be a valued customer until now. My insurance went up again because it was time to renew. I've finally had it and went with Progressive. My six month premium went down approximately $300. Allstate is too expensive.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.
  • Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.
  • Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.
  • Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.
  • Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.
  • Best for Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Compare Auto Insurance