Allstate Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had been a customer of Allstate for 3 years, always paid my 6 month policy in full at the time of renewal. I have no accidents or tickets. (Been driving since 1980!) I recently purchased a new car, but before I signed any contracts I called my agent so I would know how much my policy would increase. I was told $1300. I purchased my car then received a bill from Allstate for a little over $4000!! I called my agent, explained the situation. I was promised they would review the policy, try to include some discounts, etc and I was supposed to receive a callback the next day. Never happened. I called 3 times, left messages, still no return call. By this time I had already started researching other carriers and was able to insure myself and my daughter with 2 vehicles for $1500, more than half the price of my Allstate policy. I do not recommend them to anyone!

I am writing this review because I am very upset with the customer service given to me and my husband at Allstate on Congress St Troy New York. We got insurance with them in December 2016 policy number ** and were cancelled without any notice and took two months to get our refund. We found out we did not have insurance because we went in their office to find out about our permanent ins cards. So we processed another insurance immediately so we wouldn't be without but they did not process all information need to National General so know they are going to cancel me again. I have sent them numerous email text messages and even today called them they said, "Oh don't worry. We will have it taken care of." Yet they never called me back.

They are very insufficient, do not have very good customer service and know I'm trying to take care of this myself or on Monday I will be looking for another insurance company and it will not be with Gary **. Very upset and dissatisfied. What bothers the most they don't have common courtesy to call or write you back. They have a zero in customer service.

On March 3rd, 2017 I paid for auto insurance through Allstate. I requested to start coverage on 3/3/17. After they took my payment the start date was changed to 3/10/17. I was trying on the 3rd to update my vehicle's registration. Once I realized I had to wait a week I was okay with this. I waited until 3/10 to complete my registration but that morning when I called for my policy information they said they would not get it until 3pm that day. I already took 2 days off of work to get this task completed and Allstate cannot do nothing. After this 6-month coverage is done I will move to another company. Especially since I realized they have less than 2 stars on customer satisfaction.

My car was hit while parked on a street in Detroit because there is only a very small lot for parking which fills up quickly by restaurant owner, employees and customers. So most of us are forced to park on the street. I came out of work on a Saturday night at 1 am to find the front end of my car bashed in and air bags deployed. (Yes, your air bags can deploy if you are not in the car and there is enough juice in the battery. I spoke to an engineer at GM and he verified this information.) I then called my girlfriend because I was not about to wait in that neighborhood at that time for cops to show or if they even would. Tried to drive the car because I didn't want it sitting there to get stripped overnight. I was able to drive it home with girlfriend following and filed police report next morning -Sunday.

Allstate is basically calling me a liar because they want (apparently) to not have to waive my deductible. They have grilled me over and over the same stupid ass questions, sent out two adjustors, and next I wouldn't be surprised if the cigarette smoking guy, dimly lit room and lie detector machine came out. TOTAL and complete harassment and 2 weeks later no resolution. Finding rides to my job so I don't lose it is overwhelming. When this is over, I will be leaving Allstate for a different insurance company to insure my cars and home.

This company is absolutely terrible. I was in an accident on July 8, 2016 and it is now March 8, 2017 and I still haven't heard a thing from them till I called them just now. I was involved in an accident caused by an uninsured driver and was told to pay my deductible to have the damages repaired and Allstate claimed they would refund me but when I called today they claimed I didn't have the right coverage and since the other driver wasn't insured they won't pay until a lawsuit is settled.

I asked what coverage was required and if it isn't included in full coverage and they said full coverage does include it, which I have, so when I questioned them about it they proceeded to tell me I don't have full coverage even though my agent said it clearly says I do. I called the claims office back and they still denied it and said they will not refund me. I strongly suggest that no one gets insurance through Allstate. The only thing their hands are good for is stealing your money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

I was hit by a driver in my apartment complex on 3/3/2017 that had Allstate!!! OMG!! So they assign me to an adjuster Jared **. He was so rude. He acted as if it was my fault when it was his customer that hit me!! He also told me he would not go out to do an estimate on my car. He was so rude... he didn't care what I had to say. He said that they will only cover 80% when their customer hit me... it should be covered 100%. He even told me I would be better off filing it under my own insurance... so now it's costing me a 500 deductible to file on my insurance and let my insurance company go after them for 100%!! If you knew like I knew you would never waste your money or time which such a heartless and dishonest company... They do not want to pay when their customer is at fault and they treat you bad and talk to you with a harsh tone like it's your fault! Allstate is false advertisement and a very unfair company... they deserve 0 stars... I'm so upset!!

After forty plus years of being in "Good Hands" I finally got tired of their rudeness and deception in order to obtain higher rates! I have a 16-year-old vehicle with 63,000 miles, just traded in for probably my last new car being 63 and keeping them as long as I do. What's an average of approximately 4,500 local miles a year, with a super clean driving record and no accidents since 19 years of age you would consider me a good customer. Come to find out I only had a 15,000/30,000 policy when new people were getting better insurance and paying less. Yet they wanted a $500.00 increase after the purchase of my new vehicle, I call the main office and they did not know why - to call my local office/agent. I called my local office and they did know why? "Maybe it was because I have the "old" Allstate and was grandfathered in? Maybe I could get into the "New Allstate" for my previous rate. I'll have to find out from the main office and call you back!"

After one week with no answer enough, went shopping for a new company and got a better policy for a MUCH better rate. After forty plus years why kick a gift horse in the mouth. It's time to take off your bandanas Allstate. Your agents are just overpaid middlemen that do nothing but make our rates go up! There is more insurance competition than ever with better rates for better insurance. If you're experiencing the old Allstate vs. the new, or see a constant increase for no reason

do yourself justice, shop around and get in BETTER HANDS!

My son had an accident, at a four way stop. Police report stated the other driver failed to yield, although other driver was to the right of my son. This should have been a compensatory claim, as the other driver struck my car in the middle to back of car. Allstate refused to pay saying it was 100% the other guys fault. They gave me a claim number with the other insurance company and the name of the agent, who I called immediately and left a message. No return call, I called 4 more times. Each call I left a message. Each call was never returned.

I called the agency where I purchased the insurance to see if they could reach the claims adjuster. My agent called back and stated there was no claim as the other insurance company had closed the case because they felt it was 100% my fault. How can this be? I asked for help from Allstate's adjuster who stated as far as he was concerned the case was closed. I asked my agent to explain, they said it was up to the adjuster. The other company supposedly told my agent there would be no appeals process because this was their policy. Meanwhile my car had been towed to an auto body, my bill was now over 900 hundred dollars. I had to sell them the car for scrap metal to avoid further charges. I was left with no choice but to sue the other driver for damages so the case could be heard in court.

At the deposition Allstate did send an attorney (to protect their interests). This attorney came unprepared had never spoke with my son prior to the date and it looks quite bad for me as I'm sure we will eventually lose this case. The other party had his car repaired via his own insurance company but has counter sued for loss of value due to the car being in an accident. This Allstate will not pay so guess whose pocket it will come out of. Had one person involved had the decency to be honest when I asked questions or even had called me back to let me know what was happening here I wouldn't have brought suit. You most definitely are NOT in good hands with Allstate.

I was involved in an accident where I received a citation but the other driver was at fault and I have photos and illustrations that prove it. The judge I appeared before saw the evidence and dismissed the case. Allstate however, took the other driver's word and discredited the evidence. I had to pay $1000 deductible while the other driver is still smiling. I'll just have to say, "You're in good hands if you don't have Allstate."

On Dec. 16, 2016 an Allstate insured vehicle missed a stop sign and colliding with my Beautiful 2008 Harley Electraglide. After I went over the handlebars and over the hood of the SUV that missed the stop sign and landing on my head (no helmet law in FL) and being knocked completely out and rushed to the hospital with head, neck, back and shoulder injuries. To make a long story short we agreed to an amount of my totaled bike and for the return of special items that I purchased during the years I owned it but when the items came through the mail my seat was switched. Someone somewhere took my custom seat and switched it with an old seat and now after months of doctor's and physical therapy they called to let me know that they were not responsible for the seat and how it got missing and that they were not going to reimburse me for it either so I elected to vent here. Only $320.00 turned a good review into a bad review.

On Friday of last week we came home from our vacation and found out that our radiators and water pipes had busted. We had no heat or water and put in a claim at Allstate that same night. Allstate asked for heating bills to check if we kept the heat on in the house. We gave them the bills and quickly the Claim Service Adjuster said that it is less than last year, so oh no I somehow didn't leave the heat on!!! I then politely pointed out to him that the heating bill in December 2016 was $226.07 and November 2016 was $114.16. He then claimed that he needs to bring to his supervisor because he can't do his job.

We then had a certified plumber out and he wrote a report saying that the damage to the radiators and water pipes was caused by the failure in the heating system which was caused by the battery in the thermostat failed. We gave this report to Allstate's Claims Service Adjuster on 2/27/2017. From the beginning until now we have talked to a customer service person, a Claims Service Adjuster and his manager, and a Claim adjuster. The claim adjuster came to our house yesterday, inspected the loss and talked to us. And today they want us to talk to an investigator, who had not called us yet.

We cannot help but feel that they are performing a delaying technique to our claim since they kept introducing new people that we have to talk to. We have no new information to give at this point. I, my husband and our 3 year old son are coming down with a cold due to having no heat in the house from this incident and Allstate apparently has no regard to our well-being. I will definitely take my business elsewhere because I no longer feel having insurance with Allstate gives me any peace of mind. You are NOT in good hand!!! Their hands are only good to take your money.

Our Allstate agent is name Elizabeth in Kissimmee FL and that whole organization is a bunch of crooks. We were involved in a hit and run and the insurance company first sends us to a horrific shop that damaged our vehicle when it was there to get repaired. Then they raised our insurance premium by over $200 more. My policy became more than my car payment. We declined further coverage with them and they still took money from my bank account. Now they are saying I have to wait ten business days to get a refund for over $600. This is ridiculous and unethical. This company should go down for fraud. Do not do business with the Warren Foley Insurance agency or Allstate. They will take your money and blame you. This just downright criminal.

I am writing this in hopes that my husband and I will be treated with respect and fairness, as we have not yet received this from Allstate Insurance Company. However, I will be honest; my trust with this company is forever lost. I do not feel as though our voices will or will ever be heard fairly. My horrific experience begins on Jan 10th as my son and I were coming out from my office and noticed that another vehicle had hit my Jeep. We had to stand out in the freezing rain waiting for the police officer to arrive and while doing so I called the Allstate agent at this time. His receptionist answered and I told her what had happened and she asked me if the vehicle was drivable at this time. Given I had not even driven the vehicle, how was I to know if it was drivable therefore I said, "Yes".

However after driving the vehicle home, it started to shift to the right thus making it very unsafe to drive. As we soon found out later, the wheel bearings needed replaced due to the impact that the other vehicle had made when it hit the Jeep. I immediately called the agent back to inform that the car was very unsafe to drive and needed a claims adjuster to come to the home. I had no idea what to do at this point other than the receptionist continuing to inform for me to download an app on my phone and send pictures of the damage. The agent's receptionist continued to request that I send the photos on my iPhone so they could estimate the damage versus having an agent come out to my home, as it could take a week for this to happen.

I made an effort to get the app and send the photos, but it did not work out so that I could. Once again, I called back to communicate with the agent whom I again spoke with his receptionist in which suggest I take the vehicle to a drive in Allstate adjuster's office in which they could inspect the vehicle. I continued to tell her how unsafe the vehicle was to drive and request an adjuster to come to my home as this office was located almost an hour away from my home. She again told me it could take a week for this to happen and highly encouraged me to take the vehicle. However I told her I would take my chances on the adjuster. She told me "okay" and referred me to speak with the claims department if I had anymore questions. Basically stating, I was being a bother to her, even though I pay this office monthly to do this work for me.

On Saturday Jan 14th I received a call from the Plainfield Allstate location confirming my appointment to take the Jeep to have it inspected. Let me remind you, I told the agent's receptionist that the car was not drivable!!! I called the claims office and told the representative that the car was not drivable and she reported that it was marked drivable. Seriously!!!

Once again, I stated that we needed an adjuster to come to our home. The representative stated that the adjuster would be out between Jan 16 - Jan 20th. However, neither my husband nor I received a call between this time. When Friday arrived I had not yet received a call, I immediately called Allstate who informed that they never sent in the request for the adjuster to come to my home!!! We were once again, working harder than the insurance company. Please let me remind you about that we made no plans for this week, of course only my son's speech therapy, in order to accommodate Allstate.

The adjuster finally came to our Home on Friday Jan 27th to meet with my husband. Please let me once again remind you that it has now been 17 days since the accident. My husband and the adjuster confirmed the body shop and estimated repair cost. Later on that afternoon, I received a call from the body shop to confirm an appointment. The body shop had no idea that the car was not drivable and I was on my own to find a tow company to help get the Jeep from my home to the shop. Where was the agent?? Why did I have to do this??? I made accommodations for the Jeep to be towed Monday 30th, in which it was.

On Feb 7th, I received a call stating that my car was ready to be picked up and the rental was due back. This is from Allstate. I immediately called the body shop who informed that they emailed and talked to Allstate just a few hours ago and stated additional damages were found and it WAS NOT ready to be picked up. I called Allstate who informed that they just talked to the body shop and that it was ready. Once again, seriously!!! I called my agent who was at no help at all and acted as though it was an inconvenience. Finally the problem was solved as there was miscommunication on Allstate's end, imagine that!!!

I received another call from the body shop stating they submitted the request for more services but have not heard anything from Allstate and reports being at a standstill until able to hear back from Allstate. At this time, I am beyond upset!!! I communicate my concerns with ALLSTATE with the shop who informed the same concerns with this insurance company whom suggest that "we are in good hands!" Yeah right!!

Feb 10th I received a call at 4:30 pm stating my car was ready for pickup. However, since I have a job and was working, I did not get this message until after the shop was closed for the weekend. Once again, I did not hear from my agent about what do to at this point. What do I pay this man to do? I called the shop back to confirm pickup for Tuesday as my husband and I have jobs and cannot just take off to return a rental car. I received a call on Tuesday from Enterprise asking when the car would be returned. I immediately called Allstate whom assured me that Allstate would pay the 30 days and send in a request for any additional days!!! THIS WAS MISLEADING AND I HAVE THIS ON VOICEMAIL!!

My husband and I picked up our Jeep on Wednesday the 15th as we have jobs and children with doc's appointments. Let me remind you that this accident was an inconvenience to US!! We had to do everything on our own without the help of an agent whom we pay for goodness knows what? Why did he not personally call us to inform about the rental or that our car was done? There was no communication at all other than a voicemail stating our rental would be covered for the 30 days and by request if needed.

YES it was needed and Allstate had refused to help even though their voicemail stated they would. Also to note, both Enterprise and the body shop made comments about the ALLSTATE agent calling and accusing them of selling insurance. How unprofessional is that!! He went out of his way to call a body shop and Enterprise to act this way, but could not pick up the phone to tell us that our Jeep was done and we needed to return the rental car as they would not pay!!!

I called our agent on February 15 requesting for them to help solve this problem as I have worked harder than he has throughout the entire process. However when I did not hear back from him, I called on Friday Feb 17th in which our agent was miraculously able to speak with me as he was not in a "meeting". Please note I called him. THEY DID NOT CALL ME!!!

During this conversation, he informed that Allstate would only cover 17 days of the rental. WHAT!!! I immediately called the claims office that just informed on my voicemail that they would cover 30 days and then request more if needed. However, at that point they continue to tell me that they will send my concerns to the manager, as they were in meetings. The representative assured me that I would be contacted by the manager either Sunday or Monday.

To also note, when I questioned my agent and told him I want to speak to his manager, he gave me her contact information and number. Even though I knew she was going to take his side, I still had hope that Allstate would do the right thing and advocate for us. I WAS WRONG!!! Completely wrong! When I questioned why they told me that it would be paid and extended out if necessary, she could not give me an answer. Well let me rephrase that, you want to know her answer? Get ready. She told me that when the accident happened, I should have called the body shop!!! What??? You have to be kidding me!!! Please, please I encourage you to pull the tape and listen to her!! Please. At this point, I am beyond frustrated and all hope in this company is gone and now I need to find someone to help me, as Allstate will not. I emailed outside sources to get answers in which I will continue to do until justice is served.

Monday February 20th, I finally hear from a lady who assures me that she gathered all the facts and was asked to look over the claim. She misleads me to believe that she had the final say and her decision was to not pay the five days. Please listen to this tape as she slowly continues to give in as I tell her that the shop did not call until 4:30 pm and I didn't receive it until it was too late. She agreed to pay for the weekend and that Monday. Please listen to the tapes. I repeated to her several times and she confirmed that Allstate will cover the 3 days. She reports Allstate will take liability for the 30 days plus the additional 3 days due to their own miscommunication. I still was not happy, but told her I would pay the additional two days to make this all end. She agreed. Again, please listen to the tape.

She called me on Tuesday February 21st to tell me that Allstate will no longer pay the three days she assured me that they would. Seriously, folks this happened!!! I am not kidding. So here I am, trying to make sense of this and calling the claims department who informs that all I can do is submit a complaint or better yet when I called and talked to a representative from the executive office as her response was for me to hire a lawyer. Yep, fight against the company I pay to represent and protect me. That was her response all the way from the executive office!!

So here we are!!! Nothing solved and even more disappointed than ever before. I am sending this to the media, posting on all social media, filing a complaint with many companies whom are out there to protect us against monsters like ALLSTATE. I assure you that justice will be served and the truth will come out. One last note I would like to make is that Allstate has informed me that the other insurance company will compensate Allstate 9 rental car days. Okay so then why would Allstate not take the hit due to their miscommunication in this entire process and pay the three days I am asking? Why?? Well the answer is obviously; they are an untrustworthy company. Read the many complaints on this company!!! Again, I am beyond disappointed!

Raised rates without any reason or a heads up; just surprise, it's 40 dollars more. In Washington Utah the customer service is bad and they are no help explaining anything, I don't think they know what's going on.

January 20th, at approximately 11:55 PM I was hit by a driver who had Allstate as their insurance. It is now exactly a month from the date of that accident, which was reported immediately, and I have yet to receive my settlement from Allstate. Even if I remove the week it took to process the police report, that still means I have been waiting on Allstate a total of 24 Calendar days for a settlement to purchase a new car. Of those 24 days, I had a rental car for 10. Allstate paid for 9 days, because they cut off that service within 2 days of presenting a settlement offer, not me ACCEPTING the offer, but just them low-balling me with the minimum value of my car.

I have a degree in English Literature and I do not believe I will find the words to sufficiently describe how completely and utterly disgusted I am with their service. Even if only 1 person sees this review and refuses to use their service because of it I will feel as though I have contributed more to the betterment of this Earth than Allstate has since their founding in 1931.

I had to speak to not one, not two, but FOUR different Allstate representatives in the last month, each successively less competent at helping me reach a settlement and wrapping up my claim. I would almost have taken less money just to make the process faster, which I'm sure is the tactic they use when paying out insurance claims. My third rep, Tony, made it sound as though he had done me a personal favor by scoring my car "average" across the board in his inspection, only for me to see on the settlement that "average" is the lowest possible designation of condition.

My good friend Tony, had given my car the lowest score on every category to undermine the value of the car and make their payout less. I understand that is his job, to keep Allstate's coffers as full as possible, but do not insult me with such a brazen lie. My car was not in the best shape but I'm pretty sure you cannot deduct "Scratches on the front bumper" when your client tore my front bumper clear off my car.

When I finally did concede and sign my egregious settlement offer on Tuesday, February 14th, I mailed it immediately that morning, and called the collision center to release my car to Allstate. I later emailed my new Representative, Sarah, to confirm that now that Allstate was in possession of my totaled vehicle and I had signed over power of attorney I would receive my settlement with 48 hours. I was convinced my ordeal was finally over and began gregariously car shopping for my new car, setting up appointments, test drives, calling dealerships, setting up an auto loan, ALL WITHOUT THE HELP OF MY RENTAL CAR WHICH WAS TURNED IN ON THE 15th. Whatever, a minor inconvenience in the digital age, but much to my surprise February 17th rolls around, and I have yet to receive my settlement.

I contact Sarah once again, to confirm I had filled out the forms correctly, and they had been received. Of course, they were received right on time. But ALLSTATE did not plan to pick up my totaled car until the 17th, and would not pay me until they had it in possession. -_____- It should be obvious, but just to state my problem clearly with this, after 3 weeks of being inconvenienced and finally giving in and accepting Allstate's offer, they took 3 more days to pick up my car. 3 more days which I had no rental vehicle to get myself to work, 3 more unnecessary days I was FORCED to bide my time and take Lyfts, and Ubers, and beg friends and family for rides.

Fine, whatever, starving children in Africa have more pressing concerns, I can handle the inconvenience for 3 days. So supposedly, Allstate retrieved my vehicle on the 17th, meaning I should have been paid out in full by the 19th, 48 hours after receiving my signed Settlement and my totaled car. Well, as any intelligent reader could infer, but I'll spell it out for any Allstate employees reading this, IT IS THE 20TH AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A GOD DAMNED CENT. In conclusion, the only reason I would EVER recommend anyone use the services of Allstate's Auto Insurance branch is that if you ever hit someone, you can sleep soundly knowing that they will spend the next month in intense frustrating agony as Allstate slowly bleeds them of both spirit and will power.

You as the guilty party will be able to rest comfortably knowing that no matter how bad your car is or how badly you were hurt, Allstate will most assuredly drag the other party through so much mud and muck that they could legally and justly file a second claim for their personal and emotional injuries sustained through the corporate accident that is Allstate. But the real kicker? They won't because that would mean going through the same agonizing and incredulously painful claims process they went through the first time.

I was in a car accident that the other driver was liable for, and he happened to be a customer of Allstate, so I filed my insurance claim with Allstate. Because my car was undrivable, they gave me a rental car while my car was being fixed. However, they wouldn't cover insurance on the rental, which they didn't tell me for a week. So the rental company ended up charging me $170 "damage waiver" for that week during which I was driving around in a rental I thought was paid for by Allstate, blissfully unaware that with each passing day, I was being billed another $24 because Allstate wouldn't cover the insurance on it. Allstate -- an INSURANCE COMPANY that was liable for the accident that rendered my car undrivable -- wouldn't cover the insurance on the rental.

Once I found out that Allstate wasn't covering the insurance on the rental, I made sure it was covered under my own insurance so that the rental company would stop billing me for the "damage waiver" at $24 a day. But in the meantime, I was out $170. An accident that someone else caused and that rendered my car undrivable shouldn't have cost me anything. But because of Allstate's nonchalance about the whole situation, I ended up being out a significant amount of money.

When I talked to the guy at Allstate who was handling my claim about the money I paid the rental company, he shrugged his shoulders, gave me some log of activity surrounding the claim, and told me it wasn't his responsibility and that Allstate definitely would not be reimbursing me for the $170. I still feel completely ripped off and no one at Allstate cared enough to do anything about it. I would never become an Allstate customer after this experience. And I certainly do NOT recommend them to anyone else.

I was with Allstate for 3 years up until I got into my first accident in well over 10 years. They had me thinking I had accident forgiveness and come to find out that is in a gold or platinum package, I had the silver package. Every year my agent switched. I tried contacting every agent that was assigned to me but I had no luck. I left several messages. I left email and phone messages and got zero response. After my accident my premium went up an extra 185 dollars a month. There is no way I was going to pay that. I left and got Plymouth Rock which I pay 161 a month. I wouldn't refer anyone to Allstate. They are the worst insurance company out there. They need to stop with their false advertisement on accident forgiveness. My girlfriend had the same problem.

I was with Allstate for approximately two years with no accident and great intentions of the company. On 1/24/2017 I was hit from behind and my vehicle was totaled and towed away but I was not worried at all; at least I thought I should not be from an insurance company that quote "You are in good hands with Allstate." Good hands I felt like I was dropped. It is almost a month later I have not heard from the insurance company and the other person company State Mutual offered me only 1020 for bodily injury.

Like wow, is that really all I'm worthy. After all I was hit from behind and pushed into another vehicle in front of me. My company has not been there for me at all, have not kept their promises as stated in the insurance policy. I'm so sick of paying my money to a bunch of ripoffs. I just don't know what to do, if I could rate my company Allstate a 0 would be what I will give them. Never again will I go with them and I will never refer anyone to them ever. BAD experience of my life.

I have been a faithful customer of Allstate for approx. 17 years, went to make my new payment on my renewed policy and noticed the price more than doubled. After reviewing my policy I found allstate added my ex-wife's children to my policy without my knowledge. We have been divorced for 10 years and the children are not my children and have never lived with me. They have different last names however allstate changed their last names to mine when deciding to randomly add them to my policy. I called my (local) agent in Waycross GA Robert ** whom has been my agent for the entire 17 years but now is several hours away from me and was given the runaround for hours trying to speak with an agent so I found another insurance company. Later an agent finally decided to call me and said it's my fault that allstate probably sent me a survey asking if they lived with me and since I did not respond they were added.

How could allstate randomly pull two teenagers with whom I have not seen or spoke to in 10 years change their legal last names to mine and add them to my policy and include their personal info such as date of birth, age, driving record etc. I am sure someone allowed this and I believe it was done through the agent's office because during the hours of runaround I was given, the receptionist called asking when I added them and when I was divorced and what were their legal names. If this is a random survey why ask this info. To make matters worse after the agent called and said it was my fault I stated I wanted the renewal policy canceled. She said I had to come to the office to sign something. Her name was Amy. I informed her I was not driving several hours for that. She said she would email it and then stated something to the effect she was going to get me a credit for the time since they were added so I would not be out extra money.

Bet since I was canceling she then hung up on me. I tried calling them and my calls rang once and then straight to voicemail. I called allstate 1800 number but it transfers you to your (local) agent. Same result straight to voice mail after one ring. I blocked my number and was able to get an agent who then called another agent who stated to fax a letter to cancel my policy. As of yet I have no idea how long I have paid for unauthorized people on my policy or even if my policy has been canceled yet.

I have been a customer since 1997. Perhaps have used the service 5 times at the most. Those times assistance was sent. Usually with a significant wait which is understandable taking into consideration storms, traffic etc. Today at 12pm, a clear day, no large scale emergencies in the area I called for assistance as my car would not start and it seemed like the starter was gone. The woman that helped me was very nice and efficient. This review is not to criticize her. After giving all my vital information and verifying who I was we got down to me needing a tow to my mechanic located a few towns away. I was calling from a busy shopping center on a very well trafficked road. Many business, homes etc. I was not in a rural area. The CSR told me she would find their service providers in the area and call me back with the findings.

She did call me back in 5 or 10 minutes to tell me that all of their service providers were busy and could not tow and I should contact a tow company on my own and charge them back. I told her I have no idea who the tow companies were where my car was broken down. Then asked when the service providers could take the tow thinking it was a timing issue. She said that was not an option and she didn't know and I should contact a tow company. I was getting a little irritated at this point and told her that I had my 92 year old Aunt with me and this is Not acceptable. I pay them to find me a tow. She apologized and explained again their providers were busy and had no idea when any of them could provide service and if this was an emergency to call the police and they would provide a list of tow companies in the area. I told her that she should call the police and get the numbers and call for me. She told me they can't call the police.

Already my mind was made up I am leaving this organization. I told her I would be lodging a complaint not against her but the terrible service provided. She apologized again and said she would try again to find a tow for me. I did call the line and asked to make a complaint and after going over all of the personal information again told the story. Again the CSR was a perfect gentleman and asked me to hold on a minute and he would check. Came back and told me the other CSR was trying to obtain a tow. Told him I understood. I wanted to file a complaint with the company re terrible customer service etc. We went round and round re the situation. Finally ended the conversation with me saying thank you. Not sure for what. The original CSR did call back and had found a tow but it would be 2.5 hours.

In the meantime I contacted a station near the town where I live and got them to come the 15 miles and get me. I am not getting the service I thought I am paying for. I understand a wait, perhaps a long one but to tell a customer to find their own tow is unacceptable. And if I knew that is the way things go I would make sure to bring names, numbers in my car of service providers and call myself or call one not in the network and charge it back to Allstate. Perhaps that is how they are running their business. No providers and everyone charges the bill back. Not what I am looking for.

My wife pregnant and I are Allstate customers, have been for 3 years. On Nov 30, 2016 my wife was hit in the back by your insured Carina ** causing $1794 in damage the entire bumper needed to be replace. As a result my wife was injured. This has been a horrible experience and a unbelievable amount stress and anxiety. Deanna ** was assigned to claim. Deanna did not won't pay for rental. I requested to speak with someone above her. After 2 weeks Sherri ** approved the rental while my SUV was being repaired. Sherri ** also stated she would not pay for my wife Wedding Ring that lost a baguette diamond during accident a total of damage of $650.

I open a Diminishing Value Claim that was assigned to Elmer **. I send him over 3 different formulas all values between $6000 - $7000. Elmer stated "I am going appraisal your car and if I don't agree with your estimates I won't pay." I asked Elmer "are you a Texas License Appraiser." Elmer stated "I am a adjuster that what we do!" I contact TALCB. Elmer was not listed. Andrew ** contact me and stated no one is a license appraiser but we are license claim adjusters.

On Jan 5, 2017 Andrew contact me stating "a appraisal has been done by Texas Diminishing Value in the amount of $1181". I told and sent Andrew a email Texas Diminishing Value sent me 3 days before appraisal stating they would get me 3x the amount of total damage. Andrew didn't respond until 2 days later and stating he talked to the guy and he didn't mean that!

I asked Andrew "who oversees your job duties". He informed me all David **. I contact David and he stated he think this is fair $1181 and it is final!!! He stated Perry ** stated my car been in a prior loss, that why my Diminishing Value Claim has been impacted. I provided him with a clean accident history Carfax and instaVIN.com. I told him I can't accept that offer and reproduced my 3 formulas. He stated it final again.

I spoke with "Donna" of Texas Insurance Commission at 3:50 pm Jan 25, 2017 and I explained to her that I am a Allstate Insured and another insured hit my wife in the back. I told they accept fault, but claim adjuster Sherri ** is looking at my policy at wife health care bills, using them to not pay medical bills in full. "Donna" stated that is a Federal Law Violation of HIPPA. I contact Sherri via email and informed her of my awareness.

I sent her a pic of a email of me telling my insurance company do not use subrogate for reimbursement, because was my wife and I need the other party policy to cover Pain and Suffering and Personal Property and etc posted date Jan 11, 2017. Check was payout Jan 16, 2017, so my company accepted my request. Jan 23, 2017 I received a email from Sherri stating Allstate will pay $915 for bodily injury. I reply $915 my wife medical is $2550 and make counter offer.

On Jan 24, 2017 Sherri sent a email stating she value our claim at $3050 and $2000 would go to the lien because they owe the lien. How does Sherri know what my policy payout $2000? Because Sherri looked at my policy. I told Sherri you owe my Lien nothing. We pay them for protection. Everyone that have touch my claim made 1 offer. Sherri ** $500, David ** $1181. These offers were final without negotiating in Good Faith. I believe all these people work in a Houston TX branch together and due to personal relationship, they are acting in Bad Faith.

This is the conflict which is the reason started my complaint. Clearly she violation my and I privacy alone with HIPPA due to looking at my wife medical bills without our permission! Clearly there multiple Texas Code violations, even privacy.

I contacted Allstate to let them know, I had cancelled insurance with their company and was told to fax the info, from my new insurance company, which I DID, even before I was to pay, they still took the money out of my account, which left me with nothing. When I contacted allstate, I had to show proof that the money was taken out of my account, and even then I have to wait until they return money back into my account, it has been since 1-27-2017, and I am still waiting for my money. I have had two checks bounce because of this, and no money left for anything, until they put it back in my account, and the worst thing about it is that it was nothing to them, but I need my money!!!

I have been reading all the bad reviews about Allstate. My husband plus I were part of the 2016 Louisiana flood and believe me - we lost our car! The day I could swim to safety, I took 2 important papers - homeowners insurance (lost the home too) plus the auto insurance. I claimed on a Saturday the loss of the car. We still had not been rescued, and by Tuesday, Allstate was calling to see how we were doing and to get the claim activated. Within 15 days or less (time just kinda goes by when you are in stress mode), we had the car towed and the claim was done and we had the monies for a new one. You can read bad reviews about every insurance company and YES, your rates are ALWAYS going to go up.

For those of you who tend to hide your heads in your butts, I would guess you are unfamiliar with the reality of life. And for those who wonder why your rates go up for other floods and etc. that happen around the country, I actually asked so I could become more informed. Here is the answer; You are part of a pool of payees, and just like ANY insurance (health, home, auto) you MUST pay the monies to keep the shareholders happy. Just remember one thing and maybe your life will feel OK. NO insurance company cares about you - it is about making money for their shareholders. If you do not like making others rich, go to your congressman and fight to have insurance (all of them) removed from our society and then maybe you all would not whine as much. Pull up your big boy and girl pants and deal with life. I have been thinking of changing, myself but you can find bad reviews about each and every insurance company.

I purchased renter's insurance on January 12th and then immediately cancelled it the same day due to my roommate purchasing it herself and regretting to inform me. The agent Mary told me that she already processed the payment in a literal 3 minute time frame and then told me she'd put a cancellation on the payment. Instead of cancelling it, she still ran the payment on January 17th.

Now, I know renter's insurance isn't a large sum of money, but as someone who lives paycheck to paycheck, I cannot afford to have anything taken out of my paychecks without me including it in that month's budget. It is now January 30th and I had to follow up again to not only be told that it didn't show up in their system at all at first, but it is now being processed and can take anywhere between 7-15 business days. I will take fault in the purchase before I had all of my ducks in a row with my roommate, but the lack of care for those of us who do not have very much wiggle room is extremely upsetting.

Their insured ran a red light and hit our truck which had a green light in the intersection. She was ticketed by the police officer, who took the traffic report. Her insurance carrier has not accepted Liability for damage to our vehicle. They claim their insured said she is not at fault, even though there were two witnesses to her running the light. They will not accept liability until they talk to both witnesses and the officer. One witness has come forward, but the claims person for Allstate has not called them back yet. And, the police officer is calling them as well. So far, they are not picking up a car rental for our totaled vehicle. According to the insurance commission they can hold us up for up to 30 days. Meanwhile, we have rented a car at our own expense. I caution you be careful of Allstate Insurance, they don't care if their client is in the wrong or not, they will do what they can to not pay a legitimate claim.

Allstate is a great insurance provider, although I do wish they would take a proactive approach to coverage options, suggestions, etc... It took 3 weeks to complete my claim for a total loss. I was not happy but they were very nice. Customer service is always top notch.

Allstate is a great company. I have been with Allstate many years and they have always come through. Did have a claim once and they took care of everything. Customer service is excellent and they always answer your questions or concerns. At this point, I just have liability because my car is old and I think the premium is a little high being that it is an old car. That would be my only complaint.

I was the victim of a hit and run accident in May 2016 on the highway. I had purchased 10,000 in medical coverage. After six months, I still have one injury from the accident. This was an injury documented within two weeks of the accident. I still had over one third of the benefits remaining. Allstate medical claims policy staff began suggesting it had been too long since the accident and suggesting the injury might not be due to the accident. They are requiring I go to an independent medical examination and in general, my relationship with MY INSURANCE COMPANY (not the company of the women who hit me) has become adversarial. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Allstate.

When you think of Allstate commercials you think of being in good hands but that's not the case. I was rear ended by one of their consumers to start this off. Not only did they try to minimize the injuries my wife and I had but they tried to make it sound like it wasn't a bad wreck without even seeing or being involved in the wreck. The two people I spoke to, (one from claims and one from rental), only knew two words, "within reason". They refused to cover a rental because they said my vehicle was drivable even though I dropped it off in the shop for repair.

Things wrong with picture... 1. Vehicle isn't drivable if the auto body shop needs to disassemble. 2. All of their shops that they recommended either couldn't handle my vehicles size or they were booked two months out. 3. If I'm injured due to your consumers negligence then don't tell me it wasn't that bad, you are not a doctor. 4. When I ask to speak to your supervisor and you tell me that you are the top guy, don't lie to me. There is always someone higher in the food chain. 5. When you continue to say within reason make sure you outline the boundaries on what that means because I don't know what that means for me without it being written in black and white and I can read it for myself. My recommendation for anyone that has to deal with a driver carrying Allstate, make sure you work your insurance to go after them and save yourself the headache.

Allstate has been our insurance company for 30 years. We have had one claim on our house, one auto accident and one water damage claim on a rental house. All three times, Allstate was quick to evaluate and pay. I have never had to wait or argue about parts or prices to have the houses and car repaired. All three incidents were very costly. Every person that I dealt with was beyond nice, fair and concerned that everything was being handled in a timely manner. The service is beyond compare but the prices are getting out of control. I have 7 vehicles and 3 houses and the monthly bill is really starting to hurt my pocketbook. Hope they take a look at the prices they charge and try to hold them down.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.
  • Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.
  • Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.
  • Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.
  • Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.
  • Best for Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Compare Auto Insurance