Allstate Auto Insurance
Based on 221 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Compare other quotes now
InsuraMatch - Powering the ConsumerAffairs Insurance Program

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. It only takes 2 minutes to get multiple quotes from insurance partners when you call InsuraMatch.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

1622 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I am a disabled veteran and was a loyal customer of Allstate. I and every member of my family has had Allstate insurance at some point for over 30 years. I have paid my insurance premiums when I didn't have money for food, just so that I wouldn't be in the situation that I am in today. I paid cash for my vehicle. I bought it new in 2010 right off the showroom floor so that I wouldn't have a car note and have to deal with these fraudulent financial institutions. My vehicle is a Custom 2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS. The music system in my vehicle alone is worth $3,000 and we won't even get into the engine modifications. By law I don't have to carry that much insurance but I purchased it anyway because I wanted to protect my investment.

In December of 2017 I was involved in an accident in which I was not at fault and when the other driver's insurance company (Farmers) started trying to weasel out of paying for the damages that their impaired client has caused, I asked Allstate to just repair my vehicle, bill the other driver's insurance company and represent me if necessary to recover All damages done to me as the result of the other driver's negligence. Even though it would not have cost Allstate a penny to repair my vehicle because all damages are the responsibility of the other driver's insurance company they refused. Choosing to play that insurance company game with me. All insurance companies are cohorts. They are the epitome of organized crime.

The damage to my vehicle is minimal. The only things damaged on my vehicle is that plastic cover on the front bumper and the airbags deployed. My car is built to be easily repaired. It is modular in its design and the damaged parts can be just cut out and a new section welded in its place. The car is very high tech. Everything that was designed to bend, bent absorbing the energy of the impact thusly protecting my vehicle from major damage. Some of the airbags deployed which potentially prevented me from incurring major injuries and saving the insurance company thousands of dollars in medical bills. And this type of technology is very expensive.

Accidents are very expensive, this is why I carry insurance and is the epitome of why everyone needs to carry liability insurance. There is nothing wrong with the engine or powertrain. The radiator wasn't even damaged. The interior of my vehicle is immaculate. It is a one of a kind vehicle. There isn't another one like it in the whole USA. I know this because we checked to see if they could get a comparison price. To total my vehicle is just wasteful and sacrilegious.

Many cars today come with 100,000 mile warranties and there is talk of 200,000 mile warranties in the very near future. At the current rate of false depreciation our vehicles will not be covered by insurance and you can bet yo ass that the insurance company will still want you to pay for that symbolic BS AND WE ARE FORCED TO HAVE IT BY LAW. WTF kinda crap is this?

I and my entire family are canceling our policies with Allstate and we want All of our premiums refunded immediately. Allstate has a claim satisfaction guarantee that provides 6 months of FREE coverage for the vehicle in question. This equals 6 months of FREE NOTHING. If they don't cover me when I'm paying for the coverage, why would I expect them to cover me if they are providing the coverage for free? This just doesn't make sense. I want cash and nothing further to do with Allstate.

When the insurance company forces a person to sell them their vehicle (they call it totaling, but in reality it is a forced sale as evidenced by the sales tax) they have an absolute conflict of interest. They try to do it by assigning a ridiculously low ACV to the vehicle and use that number that they choose to put in the space to justify their action. This is a direct conflict of interest because they have no incentive to assign a true and fair price because if they give the vehicle its proper value they cannot justify totaling the vehicle. It's a scam and we shouldn't have to tolerate their BS. As long as this behavior continues I will not pay into this crap and I encourage everyone to cancel their policies until the insurance industry plays fair.

The employees at Allstate told me that they were just doing a job and trying to feed their families. But what they didn't say was that this is to be at my expense. This is why a lot of repair shops are going out of business. Because of the totaling of perfectly repairable vehicles they are not getting any work and their families and the whole economy suffers. This BS must stop! It is bad for everyone except the insurance company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had decided to switch to Allstate from Geico as Allstate offered gap insurance. Boy what a mistake. I regret switching to them every single day. After switching to Allstate, I get a notification a month later from my local DMV that I have not been registered under Allstate and according to them have had no insurance for over a month. This was easily rectified by sending the copy of my ID card showing that I had coverage but it was still a bad start to an increasingly frustrating relationship.

2 months into the policy I had a slight fender bender with a light post in a very tight parking spot. I admitted fault for this as it was my fault for not judging the parking space clearance and submitted a claim. Went through the entire process of taking pictures and was told to bring it to a local mechanic and they would handle everything. The front fender and side panel were completely crushed and I was told that the side panel would need to be replaced but they would mark the front fender to be repaired. Of course once plastic is crushed in this fashion it cannot be repaired and I brought this up in my conversation with her and she insisted that they would be able to repair it.

The day after I drop it off at the mechanics I get a call that says the front fender will need to be replaced and because Allstate did not include a fender replacement in the initial quote they would have to order it from a local dealer but would not get it in for another week and a half. So now I had to borrow my dad's truck because I did not have car rental on my policy which was extremely inconvenient. After 2 weeks in the shop my car is finally fixed. I chalked it up to just bad luck. But the problems didn't stop there.

Month four into my policy I get a call from an Allstate rep saying that they would not be renewing my policy because I made a claim early into my policy. On top of that they mentioned a speeding ticket that I had gotten eight months previous (which I disclosed on my initial quote) and informed me that I'm a high-risk driver. Note that the speeding ticket was less than 10 miles over the limit and was on the interstate. So now they will be dropping me from their plan after only 6 months with them. What's the point of having insurance if they're just going to drop you after you use them.

So basically I went through all this trouble in a short amount of time and they're already dropping me. Apparently when they say that you're in good hands what they actually mean is that you're in good hands so long as long as you never use them. Absolutely the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I found this insurance company infuriating to work with. They make you submit your damage via photos on an application then give you an estimate and send you a check in the mail. when you actually go to a body shop to have someone look at it the estimate is way off (by over 100%). Both the shop and I contacted the company to let them know and they said they would look at it once a claim is submitted. I called Monday afternoon to ask for the rental car so I could get my car in the shop and they demanded I do it on a Monday morning because they want it started at the beginning of the week. I did just as they asked and scheduled if for the next Monday morning. I finally hear from the shop on Friday who said they had been contacting Allstate all week and no one had responded. I called them and I did not hear from them until the next Monday.

Finally they tell me they have a week to send an agent out to look at the car. This means that my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks and they have not even started on it!!! I called them specifically to ask if this would be a problem before I brought the car to the shop and they told me no. When I called them again they said that it does not matter what they told me over the phone. I should have read the letter they sent me. She was incredibly condescending to me on the phone and acted like I was stupid and the whole thing was my fault! I want to put her name on here, but it is not worth it to me to get her in trouble no matter how angry I am. It's infuriating because their client changed lanes into my car and through no fault of my own I am having to deal with having a terrible rental car for at least 3 weeks while my car sits in the shop with nothing being done to it. At least I have learned through this experience that I will never get this insurance for myself!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

When someone is involved in an auto accident they expect their insurance carrier to be compassionate, understanding and helpful. We purchase auto insurance to be protected, to be brought back to pre loss condition, to be made whole. My experience... no so much. I'm not certain why Allstate has claim handlers since they only use outside vendors for "numbers" unless it is the intimidation factor that the claim handler and his supervisor used with me? I wonder how these "professionals" would feel if their mother or grandmother was treated the way they treated me? Would they appreciate their old granny being belittled and pushed around, bullied, cheated? Or would they expect the claim handler to treat granny with the respect and kindness she earned through years of being loyal to them?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Allstate is the absolute worst company that I have ever worked with. Their insured was drunk coming home from a local bar she worked at and crashed into my legally parked cars. Both cars were purchased less than two months prior to the drunk woman crashing into them. One car was brand new and I hadn't even made my first payment on it. She put over $13,000 in damage on it. It probably should have been totaled out but they are paying for it to get fixed instead. The other was an older car with a lot of miles, but very reliable. I had it taken to a shop and had everything that needed to be fixed fixed on it. They ended up totaling that car out. The scamming company is claiming it is valued at $1600 which is about half of the actual value. I had an insurance adjuster I know value it out for me and he says it is valued at $3410. I am trying to get them to work with me but they absolutely refuse and they know they are lying.

Not only are they scam artist, they didn't tell me that the rental car needed to be brought back, they haven't returned a car to me or sent a check and I received a charge for $171.00 from Enterprise. My son is without a car or a payoff check and I have been asking for 3 days for a supervisor to contact me. They have not. From the very beginning they have screwed up my claim. They told me the case was under investigation because I said nobody was driving the cars but their client said we were driving. Turned out their client never said anyone was driving the cars, Allstate screwed up the claim and listed the owner of the car with the drunk driver as driving my car.

Then they screwed up the rental cars and had told them that the minivan was supposed to be returned on the 20th because they totaled out a car when it was actually the Versa that should have been returned, but they failed to tell me any cars need to be returned, but their lying employee put it in the notes she told me to return it, again I have no returned car or a check so what am I supposed to do? My son is going to have to drop out of college for a semester and give up a 75% baseball scholarship because Allstate can't do anything right. I have been waiting for a supervisor to call me about the rental car for 3 hours now and they were supposed to call me back within a few minutes. I have been waiting for the total loss supervisor to contact me through email (because they lie and you need everything in writing) and still haven't heard anything.

This company has put me through so much stress since January 4th and I am the victim. Their client was drunk, I was at home sleeping and her car is being fixed and she is being made whole as I, the innocent victim is getting screwed by Allstate on two cars. I also wanted to add that originally they were going to fix my Impala with an estimated cost of damage of $1800, but there ended up to be damage they missed and now they claim it is only worth $1600. Another problem with Allstate is after they give you half the value of your car they refuse to give you the tax and title transfer money until after you proved you bought a car and you only have 30 days to buy a car. You have no idea if you will find a car with the little money they give you within 30 days and if you don't they keep your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

On Feb 5th my truck was hit in the back by an Allstate client. Just to say you are not in good hands with them. This company is worthless. I talked with them about sending out an insurance adjuster to evaluate the mechanical damage that was caused to my truck and they said that they don't do that, that I have to have a mechanic send them a supplement mechanical damage paper. So I told that agent that they're worthless and that I'll call my insurance company Geico. They were there in a hour. Well Geico is now handling my claim. My truck is a total loss. The impact was so hard that it bent the frame and push the back axle four inches forward.

So to all who Allstate you need to change now, because you'll be screwed in the end by your own company. Allstate is ** worthless and not worth a ** penny. This company should shut their doors and let the real insurance companies have their clients. ALLSTATE SUCKS BIG ** TIME. All who work with this company should be ashamed of your selfs for screwing people the way that you do, and as for management you are some pathetic people to allow the company be ran in such a ** manner. And for the man in your commercials he needs to tell truth about the company, because people are not in good hands. YOU GUYS ARE ** WORTHLESS!!! Worthless!!! BUT ** WORTHLESS!!! What a sad ** company.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We thought being in a car accident and getting injured was the worst part of being in an auto accident but working with Allstate Auto Insurance has been the worst experience. The accident was their client's fault. Allstate's contacted us after the accident to inform us of all of the things they will not take care of or cover. In a nutshell they don't care about anything but how little they can get away with paying! They are absolutely awful and the worst insurance company we have ever had to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

12/13/17 Our car was destroyed by an Allstate client's negligence. We were in heavy traffic and had to stop since the traffic in front of us had stopped, Allstate's client was traveling 50+ miles per hour and did not even try to stop, they never touched the brakes and plowed into our car. Seriously believe she was texting. Today, 2/6/18, Allstate finally admits our car is totaled and refuses to pay what it will cost to replace our 2016. So due to their client's negligence we are being forced to take a loss on our 2016 vehicle and will not be able to replace it with the same year, make and model vehicle. You would think we were upside down with the vehicle but we are not, Allstate will only pay what they determine the our vehicle is worth. Beware you are not in good hands with Allstate, they will be your worst nightmare!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I was an Allstate customer for over 12 years auto and home combined. I added two drivers 18 and 21. They went from $165 a month to $541 a month. Almost as much as house payment. I found Insurance way, way, way cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I've been driving since 1975. By 1981, I was in a very high risk pool. When I had settled down, my lady and I signed up with Allstate insurance. My experience is that once you have chosen an insurance company, stay with them through time. Time is the best way to demonstrate how well you're going to be insured and at what cost. I filed a claim for a windshield replacement and Allstate is very dependable. No one is perfect. Allstate is and will always be my choice.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was involved in an accident with an Allstate client on 12/26/17. A police report was filed and the determination was made that Allstate was liable for the accident. For the first few weeks Allstate refused to accept Liability of the accident, even though a statement from both parties were given and a police report was provided to Allstate. On 1/15/18 I brought my vehicle in for repairs. My insurance company stated I can sent the estimates into my insurance company and they will go through Allstate. I'm thankful to have a good insurance company.

During the time frame my car was being repaired I had to get a rental. Unfortunately I did not have rental coverage, the estimated time frame of the car being repaired was 10 days. On 1/24/18 I returned the rental and paid for the rental upfront and provide a rental receipt to Allstate. Allstate responded to the receipt and stated they would only pay for 8 days because that is the estimated time frame to replace a bumper. I was very upset with this and demanded an explanation and Allstate would not provide one. Not a very good insurance company in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been with Allstate Insurance since 1986. I have always had good service from them. For the last 20 or so years, I have had 6 cars, a utility trailer, 2 motorcycles, and 2 homes insured with Allstate. Of course they always made sure we were aware of all the perks and discounts that we were receiving by having so many vehicles and our homeowners combined.

There was never a reason to look outside of Allstate for insurance. I just figured with multiple policies, discounts, etc., that Allstate was the company for me. Boy was I wrong. I just looked into switching to Travelers Insurance and I saved almost $3000/year just for the vehicles. That is unbelievable. I figured that I could save a few hundred dollars but $3000? No wonder Allstate provided us with such good service - THEY WERE RIPPING US OFF FOR OVER 20 YEARS. It really does not pay to be a loyal consumer these days. I would not recommend Allstate to anybody. Shame on you Allstate. Let the consumer beware.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Allstate Insurance gave us many choices of auto insurance with diverse coverages, varied ways of premium payments, including auto drafts. They advise you of different bundles that can save money. They are easily contacted and answers given expeditiously. Friendly reminders, notices of change and surveys are distributed quickly. Their agents are professional and courteous at all times and are very accessible. The phone agents are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We had hail damage to my pickup truck, and the insurance company had to set up a tent to review an incredible amount of vehicles that were damaged. The adjuster acted quickly and efficiently and my claim was processed as they advised me. They seem to bend over backwards to help you and I was completely satisfied with them! Great company!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Son had an auto accident and I felt Allstate did not stand behind him. The representative who handle my son’s claim did not seem to have my son’s back on his claim and I was very disappointed on the overall way that it was handled. Also, I don't like that our rates seem to go up every time our policy renews. I feel that we are paying for all the rate suckers out there.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

While I have no experience with my agent, the other ones kept trying to get me to sign up by sending better rates, saying I'm paying too much just because of my age alone. My agent doesn't even return my calls. I wanted discount for good driving. Instead, he sends me a letter stating my rates might go up. How is this possible? Still waiting to get it look into it. If it goes up, I'll sign with another company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I am unable to print my insurance cards, not their fault, but my printer's. One call and my cards are in the mail. A policy change request is handled immediately and the change is there for me to print out. Allstate has reasonable rates, and awesome customer service when you have a policy question.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I believe in an insurance company that is not owned by stockholders. Not answering to stockholders makes a big difference, ask Allstate... They told me to "sue them", when I had an accident, when I just wanted approx. 5,000.00 to cover my medical expenses and another 1200.00 in a couple weeks’ lost wages that were above and beyond my medical coverage. I will never forget that day. I was dumbfounded how I was told to "sue us", by this cocky Allstate rep, for an accident that was not my fault and other party admitted fault. So, yes, they played hardball, and I sued and won. I won 25,000.00, but came out with 7000.00, after my costs owed to medical roughly.

BUT what they don't tell you is that I had to sign a check over to my attorney from Allstate for 106,000.00, as every expense for both parties was paid by the losing party. These expenses were from all witnesses, lunch expenses, professional fees, airline costs to fly witnesses, and it goes on, and on. The poor gal who rear-ended me was now going to be sued by Allstate, (we both had Allstate), to recoup the losses. So Allstate had to answer to its Stockholders and explain why they took someone, as myself to court, but it was a risk they took, so I will stay with an insurance co., who does not answer to stockholders. I think the term 'Corporate Gluttony' fits the bill.

The public needs to be educated, and now Geico is doing the same thing to my son, for an accident that was not his fault, and won't pay a few thousand in medical. They drove him to sue as well, put him through a deposition and will take that long shot on a trial. I told my son if he loses he could be responsible for thousands of dollars. He is a 28-year-old veteran and going for a Masters in ED, taking his time and energy up with their corporate game playing. Geico is greedy and not doing the right thing and following in Allstate's footsteps, so here we go again. Not cool Geico and shame on you Allstate!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I been using Allstate for the past 32 years. They are a bit expensive but I won't change because I like them. They make it extremely easy to do and treat you with respect.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Allstate always takes care of our concerns. Premiums are high but we never have had a problem when turning in a claim. You get what you pay for. Our agent keeps us informed and have excellent customer service. Filing a claim was easy and no hassle.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

A policyholder backed into my car in a parking lot on 12/12/2017. Big truck, small car... I had to help him get his truck off my car without ripping off the rear end of my car. We exchanged information and went our separate ways. I called Allstate immediately to file a claim. Followed their procedures, went through the debacle of taking pictures and speaking with representatives, expressed my wishes about getting my car fixed, and set about waiting for Allstate to respond...and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. To make a long story short, Allstate completely dropped the ball.

Today, 01/16/2018, I called the body shop, expecting to pick up my car, only to find out that the adjuster had never showed up on the 3rd of January as promised. My head exploded. I started making calls. When I texted the gentleman who hit my car, he accused me of insurance fraud based on what he had been told by his agent. Allstate representatives gave me so many excuses...mainly that since I lived in an "unassigned area," they were reluctant to send out an adjuster. Again, my head exploded. At 4:30 this afternoon, I was informed that Allstate was going to total my car. My car was paid for and ran perfectly. Now I have to go buy a new car, and oh yeah, did I say that I am currently unemployed? Thanks Allstate. You screwed the pooch on this deal, yet I am suffering for it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

While sitting in my car on 6 Dec 17, I was hit by an Allstate insured motorist. Called police, the driver was apologetic and admitted she was at fault. Initially she was going to pay for damage, then forwarded to Allstate. They called and said, "We will have someone out in 10 days". No good, had it repaired at local body shop. Allstate has called once, sent one letter saying, "We are working on it". Trying to get them on the phone is a challenge and not worth the wait. I am disgusted with their follow-up and will not contact them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Allstate has me down for accident that never occurred in the vehicle that I have and they paid it and then turn around and charge me for vehicle that I did not have due to the car was totaled. It has be gone 2 years prior and then they want a balance on a vehicle that had gap insurance on it so best insurance companies in the gap insurance should have covered everything. Now the bank wants to sue me for $2400 which after I've given them $6000.00 for gap insurance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I cancelled my insurance and asked them to not take money out of my account because I was changing accounts and wanted them to mail me the bill. Instead they immediately stole the money out of my account causing bank fees and insufficient funds. I ask them why did they take the money out of my account after I'd asked them 5 days earlier (that's their rules) not to. They could not give me an answer. Now my account is all messed up because of Allstate! I want my account reinstated.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The auto insurance claims adjuster is on perpetual vacation. I am out of pocket for my auto repairs. She refused to talk to my auto body shop owing to the false information that I have not ok'd their responsibility of 50% in the damage of my car from their client. I encourage anyone to request insurance commission oversight when dealing with this company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was in a store parking lot on Christmas Eve when a driver backed into me without looking. I was already in the lane getting ready to drive forward. Allstate says since I didn't remember having the car in drive that I was partially at fault for this truck running into me and the liability is 50/50. The police report stated the truck was at fault, the driver of the truck stated he was at fault. They didn't even call the driver to get a statement from him. It so happens his insurance is with Allstate as well. Imagine that.

Had it been another insurance company I wonder if they would have just left it at 50/50. I was told the rules of the road states my car would have had to be in drive to not be at fault. That is a bunch of crap. Allstate has screwed me for the last time. Now I have to pay $250 on my deductible because someone hit my car. Oh wait, that's not the worst part. The worst part is the totaled my car and didn't even give me close to what it was worth. Crooks for sure. YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM. They are good as long as you don't need them, just pay them and you won't have any issues. Need them and you are going to have big issues. Again, you are NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I be to the point. I called Allstate roadside assistance in the middle of the night for my Ford Focus that stalled due to dead alternator. Hours later a tow truck driver came and loaded the car up on the bed. Winch gave out and car flew off almost killing 3 people, himself included. Found out later that he was drunk and the towing company had the worst customer reviews in the state. Brought the car to the shop and has been sitting there for more than a month. Shop was hounding me to call Allstate so they can get paid. Talked to about 15 different people just for them to call the shop and take care of everything. Allstate kept making mistakes and just don't know how to communicate. Finally after all was done, I had to pay $100 remaining from the repairs which isn't much but non of this was my fault and was Allstate for recommending the most shady, dangerous tow company in Seattle. Once my policy is up, no more Allstate.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Up until my husband's car got totaled (he was not at fault for the accident), we had no problem with Allstate. But if you ever have a claim with them, consumer beware. They deal with Valuation Software CCC One, an allegedly "independent valuation company" that has testified under oath that it deliberately lowballs the price of vehicles in order to save the insurance company (in this case, Allstate) money. And all our adjuster really did was kept saying, "Well, I'm not technically breaking the law, so what are you going to do about it?" in reference to her many ways of exploiting legal loopholes in order for us to get the lowest possible payout on what his Jeep is worth. And that is what Allstate does to its customers.

Joel, our first adjuster, ran a report with CCC One and found the value of our car to be $11,000 with taxes, licensing, and other fees ($10,000 without the added fees). Kelley Blue Book estimates of a used car comparable to my husband's Jeep start at $13,000 without fees and go up $15,000. Then we get a random call from another adjuster, Norm in North Carolina (we live in Washington), saying that the car is only worth $11,000, and we had to take the offer, as-is, before the end of the day. We held our ground.

I called Joel back, and he promised that someone in the state of Washington would take a look at the car and find "9 or 10 comparable vehicles" to make sure the amount offered was accurate. The next thing I knew, he had threatened my husband with extra fees for storage of his old car and other fees but was unwilling to budge an inch on the price, despite the numerous examples I had of the actual value of the car. Joel wouldn't return my calls when I wanted to speak with him about this. I called the main line and asked to speak with his manager, as Joel had lied to me. The man who answered the phone said, "You don't need to talk to a manager. I can help you with that" and instead of taking my complaint, he proceeded to shove us off on a more experienced appraiser, Jonni.

Jonni claimed anything Allstate or anyone from Allstate had promised they would do or not do was no concern of hers. Therefore, she would not provide comparable cars in our area or fulfill any promise made by Joel. "I'm not technically breaking the law" became her honest refrain to nearly everything that I asked her for.

In the CCC One report, her "comparable vehicles" were nearly 150 miles out, not anywhere near the Seattle area in which we live. According to the law, you should start in the area you live in to see if there are comparable vehicles (there were), and then if there are none, you should reach out, 25 miles at a time, until you find a comparable vehicle. The maximum distance at the end of this search is 150 miles, but you are not supposed to start at 150 miles out to find deliberately cheaper and broken down vehicles, which is what she did. Again, when we called her on this, she said, "I'm not technically breaking the law, so what are you going to do about it?"

She also challenged me to prove the vehicle's worth. I did. She sent me three cars, which were on the other side of the state and had more mileage on them. I sent her every vehicle that met the requirements in our area; there were eight. My $13,000 estimate of my husband's jeep was low, so I thought I was being reasonable, but remember: Allstate pockets the difference between what your vehicle is worth and their too-low offer to replace it.

Jonni said she would give all estimates to an "independent valuation company" and have them print out a report, taking my data into consideration. Then she threw my data out. Apparently, adding in the data she told me she would add made the value of the car higher. So she only ran Allstate's own data back through its own software, CCC One, adding more junker cars nearly 150 miles out to her list, as if this would scare us off. I had to call the Department of Insurance (which I highly recommend anyone working with Allstate on a claim should do), and they recommended to me that I file a complaint against her and against Allstate.

In the meantime, my poor husband has been without a car, and once Allstate is done with us, we will be thousands of dollars worse off than we started, even when the other driver was at fault. This is because Allstate adjusters are not allowed to offer you more than a penny of whatever low value the computer program CCC One gives you. So either go to a different insurance company to make sure if you ever have a claim, it's handled fairly or just hope and pray that you never either cause or get in an accident with a driver insured by Allstate.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

We purchased an extended service contract for our vehicle, which we paid A lot of money for. We have had our car for only 2 months and needed a tow. This happened on a morning. It was only 2 degrees. We had to wait almost 4 hours for a tow truck. Now my car wouldnt turn on, so needless to say freezing for almost 4 hours. It took them hours to get it to the dealership right before the New Year's weekend so it wasnt looked at till 3 days later. Then after being without a car for 3 days already only approved 1 day on the rental car. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. I am 45 and have dealt with numerous other insurance companies and NEVER dealt with this kind of treatment.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My car was totalled May 2017 by a driver who ran a stop sign. (Intersection with a one way stop sign) He took off on foot after his car flipped... Been with Allstate over 30 years. They have not paid for my car yet. They have the police report but the claim adjuster keeps telling me he has to "check into it". I offered photos and video of the cars and intersection, the agent didn't want them. My car was 11 yrs old with 207,000 miles. It's not like we're talking big bucks... He already gave me the amount I'll get back. I've been waiting almost 8 months. Nobody will help me. This is so unfair. I really need my payment.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I had Allstate insurance for over 2 years. All of a sudden I got a letter saying that my insurance was terminated and I never had an accident before. Customer service is very hard to get and they gave me no explanation whatsoever and because of that I have to switch insurance and I had to pay a lot of money with other insurance because of this that experience. I would never recommend anybody in their right mind to go to with Allstate for any insurance purpose especially in auto insurance. I understand they do not care about every individual customer since they are billion-dollar Corporation. However I hope that they goes bankrupt.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

www.allstate.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use