Fast Free Quotes

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5
Based on 1,197 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate is the second-largest homeowners insurance company in the U.S. When you request a quote, Allstate suggests three different levels of coverage to choose from. You can further customize a policy to fit your needs. Although Allstate’s prices can be higher than some other companies', it has multiple discounts available and a high financial strength rating.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Accident forgiveness available
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction
  • New car, multi-policy, smart student and more discounts

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I'm only with the company for probably I would say 5 years. To me that's still a little too early to give an honest opinion with no real big claims other than minor. But the only reason why I'm still with Allstate is because of my local Allstate store. Most of all my local Allstate dealership is in my town. The individuals there make you feel like you're family. They even send you a happy birthday song when it's your birthday. They really go the extra mile to make sure you're comfortable and if you have any questions feel free to call them at any time. Most of all the prices are pretty fair to coverage is very good.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Sometimes I don't get follow up. Explain my policy and what actually cover's. Have heard a lot of negative things about their coverage. Not covering things. Ask them to take a look at my roof after wind damage and they said my roof was fine but I'm not having any leaks but the roof has several shingles missing and I'm wondering why they didn't say it was in the damage. Close friends said they drop Allstate because they called out about roof damage and some other damages and they denied the claims. Why is that even in the hurricane season. I've heard but they gave me a good price on my coverage but why pay for coverage if they won't cover it. I don't understand that so I'm thinking about choosing another one another insurance because my very good friend said she had been with Allstate for years and she had to let him go because they didn't cover the roof damage that she had.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My agent always emails me on any new issues with my policy. He's very friendly. And my rates are reasonable for my budget. Allstate keeps in touch when and if my rates are going to get higher or lower, they never lie to me or keep secrets from me. As to my previous carrier, they were always raising the price every month without notice to me. And they never communicated to me on what's going on with my policy. Plus when I tried to call the agent of the old carrier, they were never available. Allstate has not disappointed me for 5 yrs now. My old carrier was State Farm, I will never go back to them. Allstate is #1 to us.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I've been with Allstate since being added to my parent's policy at 16. I'm now 53 and have never had a problem with any claim. The service has always been fast and reliable. I even had a claim that I thought I could fix myself and waited 6 months before realizing I couldn't and couldn't really prove what happened anymore and Allstate took care of it in a week on my word of what happened. All the Allstate representatives have been amazing! I will never go anywhere else. Thank you to everyone at Allstate! Keep up the great work!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I was in a accident with a driver who had Allstate. It wasn't my fault, but I knew how insurance companies don't like to pay out and was expecting Allstate to give me a hard time. Thankfully this wasn't the case however. Allstate took full responsibility for the accident and also provided me a rental car. In addition, they have been nothing but kind and understanding to me during the whole process. It's nice to know there are good people out there in times when you need them the most. Thanks Allstate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: March 27, 2020

August 2019, I was involved in an accident with another Allstate driver (yes I'm an insured). Though not my fault, the other driver failed to stop for 3 traffic signals, crossed 3 lanes of oncoming traffic, and additional 3 lanes of traffic transversely behind me, cut in front of me, and stopped. How could that be my fault... Allstate, states it's not affecting my premiums, so they are not worried about it. I'm a DOT driver, an at fault accident keeps me from driving company vehicles. How I make my income, how I pay Allstate.... After 25 years with them I think it's time for me to take my policies elsewhere.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I have maintained home owners with Allstate for 12 years. I added auto 3 years ago. There has been an ongoing problem with mail delivery at my agent's address. He claims he was not receiving my payments, although I can prove delivery. Needless to say, my policy was terminated. My agent failed to contact me in any other way than snail mail. I had been traveling extensively at the time so did not receive notification of cancellation. Meanwhile, I continued sending electronic checks to the Allstate office. After splitting time between two states for eight years, I am in the process of relocating permanently to NY state. If my agent had truly cared, he would have notified me of NY state law, but he did not. He would have noticed that something was wrong and called, emailed or texted, but he did not.

Instead of an email wishing me a happy birthday, an email stating something like “your policy has been terminated. According to NY state law, You have 90 days to purchase new auto insurance to avoid suspension of your license and registration.” Would have been so helpful. No such email was sent. Surprise! My license has been suspended, I am uninsurable and will not be able to drive for 3 months. I definitely was NOT in good hands with Allstate. And how am I going to make my cross country move now? Thanks a lot Lawrence **!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was with Allstate Auto Insur. for 8 years - not even a ticket. I had a minor accident in which it was clearly both parties at fault, but they claimed it was my fault because I was passing on the right side of the other car which was stopped in a small area in front of a store in a strip mall. He kept putting on his brakes, on/off, on/off - so then as I passed he opened his door into my right side smashing it. They found my car to be unsalvagable, but still tried to buy it from me. Paid the other guy off. Raised my rates by $500 causing me to find another company. When I inquired about first time accident they said that was a different plan than what I had and also they didn't have it in California. Not something they mention on TV. What a bunch of crooks!!!

Original review: March 18, 2020

I purchased my brand new 2016 Chevy Colorado in Nov/2016. I also purchased the Allstate Car Care package, one of the services I purchased was the “Paint and Fabric defense”. It is now March 2020 and this is my first time needing to use this protection since my purchased date in 2016, I called Allstate Car Care customer service to see the complete process of getting work completed for my interior and exterior. I spoke with one representative that stated all I need to do is find a shop and have the shop contact customer care and start the claim. I also asked if there were any preferred shops they recommend near my location and I was advised that they didn’t have a list and I can take my truck anywhere I would preferrer.

Once I decided on a shop (Detailing Pros) the owner proceeded to following the instructions on filing a claim. The owner of Detailing Pros called Allstate Car Care customer service and filed the claim with the estimated price to complete, as recommended. He was later advised by a representative (unknown name but the email address is **) that he needs to send pictures of the interior and exterior and a picture of an small area of that work completed. The owner sent pictures of both before and after pictures of the small area of the interior and exterior he completed to the email address listed above. After the pictures were sent he was later advised by another representative (unknown name but email address is **) that an inspector is required to come out to the shop to inspect the truck.

Two small areas of work has been completed on my truck which I have had to pay the detailing shop out of pocket since he has completed this work and this claim is still pending 24 hours now, awaiting a inspection which can take another 24-48 hours. I proceeded to call Allstate Car Car customer service with answers as to why did the shop had to send pictures of the issues with interior and exterior prior to the inspector coming out initially. I was advised by (**) that this is standard procedure. None of this information was mention from the first initial call nor email.

I have now paid out of pocket for work completed by services purchased and covered in my Car Care package. I’m not understanding why Allstate would required work to be done even a small area to be completed without paying for the small areas prior from sending out an inspector. This has been a frustrating and high inconvenience on my end and the shop. I attempted to speak with a manager and per (**). He is unavailable to take my call right away, I advised I would wait on hold and she stated he will have to call me tomorrow morning around 10:00am. The customer service was unsatisfactory and I’ve paid for additional services that overall is not worth the hassle and inconvenience on the customer and shop.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Please avoid yourself a headache, stay away from this insurance company. To submit a claim it seems that they do all they can, not to pay the damages done to you by their clients! And they give you repairs estimates as if what you were driving was a bicycle. Very inconsiderate and slow to respond too!

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor