2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5
Based on 1,482 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate is an auto insurance company with a large network of agents throughout the country. It offers online quotes and provides coverage for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. You can file claims with Allstate online, and the company extends discounts for bundling multiple insurance policies.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate offers standard auto coverage all throughout the U.S., as well as various discount packages. Its technology resources for drivers (e.g., Drivewise) aid in improving policyholders’ driving, which can help lower rates.

PROS
  • Coverage in all states
  • Various discount programs
  • Innovative technological resources
CONS
  • Premium increases after first term
  • Ride for Hire not in all states

Top Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

I have been a customer of Allstate for over 30 years.My agent Jordie ** and Assistant Dee makes sure I have the best coverage. When I had an accident, the claim was processed quickly. Agents are friendly and professional.

...after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs… Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent…

Allstate Auto Insurance Get a Quote

About Allstate auto insurance

Allstate offers auto, home, renters, term life, condo, motorcycle and business insurance, as well as other coverage options. Allstate’s agents give auto policyholders personalized help and technological tools like Drivewise, and the company also offers specialty policies — e.g., classic car insurance and auto coverage for travel to Mexico.

Allstate extends its specialized packages to teen drivers, students and rideshare operators. Its policies include rewards, a safe driving bonus, accident forgiveness and new car replacement. Accident forgiveness coverage ensures a driver’s rates remain the same after an accident even if it’s their fault.

Allstate auto insurance coverage

To get a quote for Allstate’s car insurance, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth and address, as well as the year, make and model of your vehicle. You can file a claim and track it through the client portal. You’ll pick the type of coverage you want, choosing from:

• Collision
  • Personal umbrella
  • Uninsured
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Personal injury protection

After choosing your coverage, you’ll set coverage limits and select deductibles (make sure you take your state laws into consideration). Policyholders have access to resources like Drivewise and rideshare insurance, and some qualify for price cuts including new car and multipolicy discounts.

Allstate auto insurance rates

Average Allstate car insurance rates vary from around $1,770 to $1,983 per year. You can claim new car, multipolicy or teen driver discounts, and the company rewards good drivers with points that are redeemable for gift cards, sweepstakes and daily deals.

Allstate’s accident forgiveness policy ensures your rates won’t increase after an accident even if it’s your fault, and its Deductible Rewards program takes $100 off deductibles after sign-up and a further $100 off each year for safe driving (up to $500). Its Ride for Hire rideshare program provides deductible gap coverage for damages up to $2,500 but isn’t available in every state.

Allstate auto insurance FAQ

How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Cost depends on various factors, including the driver’s age and car model. For example, a 25-year-old driver will pay between $2,000 and $2,100, a 35-year-old driver will pay around $1,850 and a 60-year-old will pay about $1,750. The average cost per annum is $1,880.
Does Allstate have comprehensive car insurance coverage?
Yes. Its comprehensive coverage is for damage related to vandalism, hail, fallen trees, theft and other circumstances.
How far back in your driving record does Allstate look?
In most cases, Allstate checks your record up to five years prior.
How can I lower the price of my Allstate car insurance?
You should avoid getting speeding tickets, consider changing your coverage and focus on safe driving. You might qualify for bonus rewards, which reduce rates for responsible drivers. You can also get discounts for signing multiple policies, buying a new car or achieving good grades. Setting higher deductibles or parking your car in a garage will also lower your premiums.

Is Allstate car insurance good?

Allstate offers an easy-to-file claims process, and its services are available nationwide. While its rates can be a bit costly compared to competitors’, Allstate’s auto insurance is a solid option for drivers looking for convenient and accessible coverage with several policy options and flexible add-ons.

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I have been with Allstate for about 5 years after a local office cold-called me and persuaded me to switch from State Farm. The policy was much less expensive. I haven't had a single incident with my auto since becoming a policy holder (knock on wood) so I can't speak to their effectiveness in handling claims, but they are easy to work with and I have taken advantage of their good driver discounts a time or two.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I live in Florida and the cost of auto insurance is expensive. With COVID'19, working from home has been a norm and driving decreased. Allstate offers a pay by mile type of car insurance. It gives you the option for those who does not drive a lot to pay less. There is a daily rate plus a per mile rate that is calculated. I think it is great as I will be paying almost 300 dollars less than what I have with Geico even with their "15 % discount due to COVID'19".

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've had AllState Truck Insurance for three years now and I haven't had a problem yet. They respond to any questions or concerns I have within 24 hours of contacting them. The coverage for the price is the Best out there, I know I looked. I have Full Coverage with towing etc. for the price I'd pay elsewhere for PLPD. Honestly they offer the best for the least amount of money. Reputable and Reliable. I recommend AllState Insurance for All your insurance needs.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have quite a few different coverages with All State, including that for my home. I'm a long time customer and have always been satisfied. I receive very good customer service, care, efficiency, pricing and coverage features. I've recommended them to many of my friends and family. This is a case of "truth in advertising" .... you really are "In good hands" with Allstate!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Auto insurance is a package deal. It's not just the company alone that completes the package. I have always believed, price is not the only factor when choosing a insurance company. I was with Farmers for 19 years and always told my agent, "If it was not for you, I would dump Farmers." My agent was great, but the rates and customer service were terrible. I try to be loyal whenever I can. Well after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs. Not only were his rates better than Farmers, but after 6 years, my rates are still a lot less than my last Farmers rates. Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent. Trusting your insurance company should be a major deciding factor for everyone. I really do feel, "I am in good hands with Allstate."

Resolution response: April 15, 2021

Problem was caused by Farmers, not Allstate.

Original review: April 10, 2021

On Tuesday April 6, 2021 I received a phone call from a Farmer's claims adjuster in Oklahoma City telling me Allstate has filed a claim against a now cancelled Farmer's policy claiming my 2018 pickup was involved in an accident on April 1st. The name of the person who was supposed to be driving my truck is someone I have never heard of. And the company who owns the other vehicle seems to be based solely in Houston, Texas.

Problem is I have not been in Houston for almost a year and on April 1st my truck never left my garage in Temple, Texas. I have tried contacting Allstate about this and keep getting the head in the sand routine, the "I know nothing" response. This is at least insurance fraud and perhaps identity theft as well. Perhaps my questions will be answered after the Texas Department on Insurance acts on the complaint filed against Allstate.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I have a claim with them and every time I deal with them it's painful. They might be cheaper in the first year or whatever but the premiums will rise fast and the stress and HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE is not worth it. Here are just 2 examples: Had a claim for our car. Hit a deer. It took months to settle. A lot of passing the buck and no one answering our calls. The "preferred" body shop was beyond terrible. It took us threatening lawyers and taking legal action for them to finally move our car to a good shop and get it repaired. Stress, headache and terrible customer service.

Example 2. My Visa needed to be updated with them. This happens all the time if you get compromised or it expires. It took 36 minutes for them to update my visa. I know it just happened today and I checked my phone. They had to get my visa number for EVERY policy (car, house, rental, etc.). Almost 40 minutes to do something simple. That is what Allstate does. Then I wanted to complain to the manager. On hold for 10 minutes to tell me they won't talk to me and to email them. RIDICULOUS! RUN! RUN! RUN away as fast as you can. If you choose Allstate you get what you deserve... which is a terrible experience.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Allstate Auto Insurance claims department used a virtual claims adjuster to determine estimate on my damaged vehicle. My vehicle was parked and empty when a vehicle backed into the front end of my vehicle. The adjuster and repair shop did not communicate apparently during the repair process which lasted three weeks. I, during the process had to pay out of pocket over a thousand dollars for a rental car. Which was to be refunded on completion of repair.

When I was notified that all repairs were completed it was explained to me by the body shop that Allstate was not going to pay for total cost of repair. I had numerous conversations with Mr. Jeffery **, Claims Manager, out of the Las Vegas department. Myself and my vehicle were held hostage until I paid approximately one thousand eighty dollars to the repair shop to retrieve my vehicle. I am the innocent victim of bullying tactics by Allstate auto insurance. Why should the burden of restitution fall on me for the disagreement Allstate had with the repair shop? This was not reasonable in any way. Beware of Allstate auto, I will never recommend them to anyone! I have filed a complaint with the Az Dept. of Insurance, hoping to recover my cost. I hope to at least have others be aware of big business taking advantage of consumers as they choose to.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I was a loyal Allstate customer for years. When Hurricane Isaias hit, my roof was damaged. All my next door neighbors, got payment for a new roof or for repairs from their insurance company. Allstate refused and was the only one to claim normal wear and tear. Stay clear of Allstate.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The customer service representative Ms. Angelica **, was rude, aggressive, argumentative and went out of her way and her job description to intentionally try to add more tension and complications to the initial problem I called about. She tried lecturing me on her training class experience at Allstate. When I would not give a reaction she got frustrated and began insisting I give her a reason why I felt my car should have aftermarket parts.

Regardless of the fact I called because I stated I didn't want aftermarket parts on car due to depreciation concerns. She went on discrediting my reason and began over talking me. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said "No! You can't speak to my supervisor" and hung up on me. It should be known that you are not in good hands with Allstate. Actually some of the worst customer care in the industry.

The adjuster, Eric H. ** sent me an email stating, "Mr. X, I have investigated your claim and Allstate. We use aftermarket parts and will be putting aftermarket parts on your car"???? No offers for other alternatives, no customer edicatesy, just rude and demanding. Telling you that you have no control over what's being done to your property, despite the fact it's your property. I would not recommend Allstate to anyone if they expect to be well taken care of.

Allstate Auto Insurance Company Information