Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Allstate Auto Insurance
3.75/5
Based on 1,419 ratings submitted in the last year

Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Excellent financial strength to meet its claims obligations
  • Discounts include new car, multiple policy, smart student, anti-theft device and anti-lock brake discounts
  • A leading car insurer in the United States
  • Offers Allstate eSmart, EZ pay plan, FullPay, early signing, responsible payer, accident forgiveness, deductible rewards and Safe Driving Club discounts
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases
  • Prices are slightly above industry average

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1947 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I've been with Allstate since being added to my parent's policy at 16. I'm now 53 and have never had a problem with any claim. The service has always been fast and reliable. I even had a claim that I thought I could fix myself and waited 6 months before realizing I couldn't and couldn't really prove what happened anymore and Allstate took care of it in a week on my word of what happened. All the Allstate representatives have been amazing! I will never go anywhere else. Thank you to everyone at Allstate! Keep up the great work!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I've had Allstate for many years now, at least 10 years. One of my main complaints with Allstate is that my rates increase every year and I have to call in and threaten to drop my policies in order to prevent the premium increase. Customer service is usually good but it is still annoying having to play that game every year. In terms of claims I've found that Allstate was surprisingly easy to work with. I've only had one claim which came from hail damage and I was definitely satisfied with the ease of submitting a claim and the amount I was given.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been a customer of Allstate for over ten years. They have done so much to help me during that time in terms of keeping my coverage well suited to my needs and helping me when I've had questions or needs. Having a local agent has also made a great deal of difference for me in helping with problems that I've had. We had a recent claim and the price of our policy went up. I wasn't very happy about it so I started looking to change and my agent helped fix the problem by finding a way to adjust the policy to minimize the cost of the increase.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have had Allstate as my auto insurance provider for almost ten years. Overall, the company has been great to me. The policy isn’t expensive and the price has actually gone down over the last few years. The customer service is wonderful and I can get help easily by calling or going online. I had a claim a year or two ago and it was an easy process. I had a check not long after the claim was verified and processed. I recommend Allstate to anyone looking to buy auto insurance or switch providers.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've been using Allstate for a while now and they have never let me down. They're so great that I actually recommend them to my whole family and even friends. I feel like they have great coverage and their prices are better than its competitors. Their customer service is phenomenal. I remember having problems and giving them a call to ask them about it. Their workers are really friendly and polite. I got my answer and they even provided me with extra information that I didn't need. Overall, I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company and I will continue to use them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I switched from Geico to Allstate nearly 1 year ago and I've had a perfectly good driving record. A few weeks ago my wife opened her car door and barely nicked another car - to the point that it was so small, it was difficult to capture in the photo (see attached image). The man was near his car and unfortunately filed a claim through his insurance. Being so minor I'm not sure why he did, but that's his choice. I got a call from Allstate later that day and they said (and I quote), "We're calling in regards to the collision claim". I explained that it was not a collision in any regard - which the pictures clearly show.

Allstate informed me that "hitting a parked car with a moving vehicle or opening the car door into a vehicle are both considered a collision."... Due to their ridiculous classification, my monthly insurance rates have now increased $40 per month from a nick that might cost $150 - $200 (max) to fix. I left Geico because they raised my rates from $190 per month, to $380 per month from ONE ticket I received. I thought I was "in good hands", but now I am coming to the realization that Allstate is just another insurance company - criminals.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

It seems that Allstate's policy is to do these things to avoid paying out claims. My auto insurance carrier had to interview an eyewitness, listen to testimony and still Allstate finds the fault to be 50/50. In California, you are absolutely screwed unless you have an eyewitness. People will lie, cheat, and steal their way out of liability. Even then, Allstate does not want to pay for the damage caused by their driver. I will look into hiring a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The Agent from here calls me, tells me that they can beat the insurance that I have now. He goes through his deal gives me the quote. Tells me one price then ask what my limits are. Then tells me a higher price. So I ask him why am I getting penalized for not having better insurance. He said "You're not". I said "You gave me one quote when you thought I had better insurance then when you found out what insurance I have and you gave me a higher quote. Therefore you are penalizing me. You may think it’s not but you're not the one paying the bill, I am. I thought you were trying to get me as a customer not run me off". I will never go with Allstate and I will do my best to keep everyone that I know from going with Allstate as well. I must say to the agent that called me, Thanks cause in the end you did save me money. Money that I’m not paying you. PS your quote was $195.00 more than what I pay now.

Original review: July 28, 2019

My agent told me he was handling my account when I noticed my insurance almost doubled. A month went by after calling and promises that he was working on it. Finally, when I got a hold of another office to help me out I was told I still had to pay double what I was originally told. I feel extremely taken advantage of. Allstate handled this situation so poorly. I will ensure all of my friends and family know not to use them. Those I have told are mortified I would be treated like this. All I asked was to pay what was originally asked of me. I was told there was a two-day gap between policies. Sadly, that was the agent's fault that ruined my account and disappeared in the first place. They took no ownership of the situation. Please do not use this company.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Deceptive. Allstate would quote us one price and then charge another, over and over, without our consent, until we cancelled. This is the second time we've tried Allstate and we are never going back. Ever.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky