Allstate Auto Insurance
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Allstate Auto Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

1570 Allstate Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I really wanted to like this company. I have been a customer for ten years. Someone tried to break into my car and destroyed the steering column. The claims process has been ABSURD and OBSCENE. One week and many desperate phone calls, and there is no indication of when anyone will come to inspect the damage. I just have to wait and wait with no car and no good explanation. Five emails to complain have been ignored. I just can’t believe such a level of wild incompetence and INDIFFERENCE to my situation. I will certainly no longer be an Allstate customer. Do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE else for your car insurance.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

In June 2017 I was in an accident. A guy insured with Farmers rear ended me while I was stopped at a light leaving the dealership. I Had just purchased a vehicle to replace my existing vehicle WITHIN 2 WEEKS. I called Allstate. They told me (as I already knew) I was covered, and that when replacing a car I had 30 days to change the vehicles. Farmers paid for my damages to my car. Driver admitted he was at fault. I had unresolved medical conditions due to a doctor saying it would take a year to 16 months for injury to heal. At 16 months I still wasn't better and in fact created a stress fracture. At which time once again doctor said xray didn't show. Had MRI and it showed the break at which time the doctor said it was there the whole time, the xray 18 months later, identical to first one... Confirmed he missed the break.

So Allstate refused my medical and wouldn't submit to Farmers. Now they say I didn't have insurance on the car on day of accident, even after faxing me a insurance card demonstrating the car for several months. However they did not come up with this situation until I hired an attorney to make them pay the medical bills. While this was all going on I had a show car stolen, after in email advising my agent the car now has custom paint and performance upgrades and was worth considerably more so how do we cover that in insurance, she e-mailed they really don't change policies, to keep every receipt in case anything happens.

So after 13k invested, it stolen, they say oh if it's stolen and recovered they don't pay anything but stock actual value, oh a whopping 4800. The paint alone was 6800. Oh and they say a policyholder is not allowed to purchase the VEHICLE back after the total loss if it was due to THEFT. WTH... THEY ONLY WANT TO PAY 1/3 of the receipt amounts, and still I can't buy it back to try and salvage some of my 2/3 investment Losses.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Beware!! They’ll quote you cheap rates until you switch, then you’ll get bills from them for additional fees! From day one with this company, nothing has been as it seemed. After a big rise in our auto insurance rate, I called 3 days before my policy expired to let them know I wanted to cancel my policy and although she tried to bring my rate down, she could not.

Today, a full MONTH later, my account was debited by Allstate for our auto insurance, which overdrafted my account. When I called the office in Clarkston, MI, I spoke with the same person I had previously spoken and she said she did not remember talking with me. She apologized profusely for the error, but said there was nothing she could do, and they do not refund overdraft fees.

After spending nearly a half of day on the phone with my bank and Allstate, I received a call from a woman at corporate only to tell me that since there was nothing documented in my account about canceling my policy, and I could not prove anything in writing, they could not reimburse my overdraft fees. I can’t imagine what people that need to file a claim must go through. I do not recommend Allstate Insurance, nor will I ever do business with them again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

On September 3rd our car was in a car accident, Allstate wanted us to use their own body shop (certified collision). They brainwashed us (our mistake) to use their body shop because they said it was going to have lifetime warranty and be faster, so after they gave us an estimate and promised our car would be ready in 4 weeks... 4 weeks later they told us that it wasn’t ready yet. By that time our car rental period was over so we had to find another car to drive while my car was getting fixed. Then after another week they kept saying it wasn’t ready. Then we spoke to the shop manager of the body shop and he said the guy that was working on the car “drop the ball” on our vehicle and they needed to have someone else start to work on it and finish it, and the shop manager stated he needed another 4 weeks to finish the project because it was just too big!

So weeks passed and almost 3 months later, also Allstate giving us excuses and not answering our questions (Tonna ** our insurance agent being rude and making unnecessary comments and nonprofessional comments like how that happened to her when she was young and she got over it etc instead of helping us out. She also stated that she would never take her car to that shop, so how did she expect us to be safe and happy with this car?). Then finally they gave me my car back on November 15, almost 3 months after! Can’t believe how nice they are while collecting the monthly payment every month but once you get into an accident where it wasn’t even your fault they don’t help you at all and don’t care about you as a customer.

The original estimate to repair was $12,000. So Allstate didn’t want to pay me full price for my car because they said that still was repairable because it had no frame Damage and because it wasn’t more than 80% of the value of my car which for my car I paid around $16,000 just around 2 months before the accident. So when I received my car back, the body shop manager showed me and gave me copies of how much they spent to repair my car and the total is $17,100, that’s more of what I paid for my car!

But this is not it. After I picked up my car I went to CarMax to get an appraisal to see how much is worth now if I want to trade it in because my family and I don’t feel safe In the car anymore, and at Carmax our appraisal offer is for only $10,000! They explained in a very detail manner that our car has obvious frame damage on multiple sections of the car frame and they don’t even buy those cars with frame damage to resell. They could buy my car for $10,000 and they would have to send it to an auction right away. They were so amazed to know how an auto insurance lied to us about the car not having frame damage and being repairable for more money of what the car cost. CarMax people told us is not safe at all to be driving the car with my 1 year old baby in it.

Please be aware of Allstate and the way they handle their business. Also we got a few calls from Our agent manager named Brandon ** and he was being rude saying that they couldn’t do anything and that we had to keep the car and offering a $250 check after everything that they put us through like that was going to make me feel safer in this car. I hope nobody else goes thru this. Better spend more money for a better insurance like AAA than deal with these liars and their sketchy and nonresponsible shops. I will never recommend Allstate to anyone anymore and I’ll never go back!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I'm driving straight on local street. There is no intersection or stop sign or traffic light. Their policyholder driver making left turn on opposite way and hit me from side and their decision is my fault. Improper Lookout. Holy **. How the hell is my fault? I have right-of-way. Why do I care about left turn vehicle and if my fault I should hit their driver side not my side being hit. Anyways Allstate sucks. Good I have my law office attorney.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I moved to PA 1 year ago and thought it better to have a local agent. There was absolutely nothing negative about my Maryland agent. This woman was never available. Her name is Kelly **. After a year I had question about my car insurance going up $200 and this woman had the nerve to say, "well, look at what you're paying for gas". I thought, I'm not talking about what I pay for gas, I'm talking about what I pay for car insurance. I was so angry and frustrated, I actually hung up. This woman is no help, no help at all. She tried to make other excuses. My husband and I had no accidents. What a terrible agent. My agent in Maryland, Penny **, was always available and patiently tried to help me to understand. I have gone back to the Maryland agent, where customer service, is valued.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

After 3 years of dealing with Allstate and their attorney John ** I found out in court they have people lie under oath for them, their name can’t be mentioned or it results in a mistrial, they are the absolute worst insurance company. They only want your money, people lie for them so it looks like they are the good hands people. This lady hit me from behind, her airbag went off and she received a citation at the scene, but because the jury thought she was poor and she looked homeless, I was only awarded $600 on a $26k claim which the policy max was $50k but you're not allowed to say the word insurance.

People anyone reading these reviews they really as bad as these people have written, words can’t express the lies I heard in court over the lady 3 days. I was literally sick to my stomach, their attorney was referred as an obnoxious pig by his colleagues but get this we were told his salary is $90k to beat down a $26k case. Really Allstate? But soon just watch they will be out and will come back as another company. They are crooks and AMERICA stay away. Do your research. People are not just making this stuff up, they are crooks in every state.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was involved in an accident on 10/5/17 with a driver insured by Allstate. I had to engage the Allstate representative in all instances of my claim process. This shows poor customer service and accountability. I first engaged Allstate on 10/9/17. 4 days after my accident. My own insurance helped get things going. Total loss was not initially discussed until 10/17/17, whereupon a compensation amount was verbally provided. I was supposed to receive the valuation via email. It was not sent. I had to engage them several times to review. Finally on 10/31 I was able to talk with a manager. It was explained to me that I should have received the compensation amount on 10/17 via email for me to review after declining the valuation given over the phone. I would expect no one to agree to some monetary figure without researching the assessment and comparables.

Once I reviewed the report, I discovered that it omitted several features on my car that would have increased the value. I subsequently brought this up with the Total Loss Department. They apologized, and then told me my rental would need to be returned on 11/2. Mind you, the valuation was wrong and was not provided for my review until 10/31. A company who erred should take accountability for their ineptitude. Rather, with no revised figure, I am being inconvenienced for their lack of professionalism. I am still awaiting them for resolution on my compensation amount. Terrible business ethics and class. In the future, if I have to deal with Allstate, I’ll file a claim through my insurance and let them sort out their issues without affecting me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

A lady who was insured under Allstate had wrecked into my brand new car before I even had the chance to put on my license plates. Allstate was so delayed, that I had to go through my insurance for a rental car. When Allstate finally decided to begin covering for my rental car, the employees had horrible communication skills and horrible customer service skills. They would hang up on me, rarely answer my calls, and just gave me a horrible experience overall. Not only that, but they initially said my car was repairable (when I could have told you it was not), then they changed their mind saying it was a total loss. Then they switched it again and said that it was repairable, until they finally agreed that it was totaled.

During them going back and forth, I had the rental car this whole time. So once they FINALLY returned my money to UFCU (which was $3000 less than what I had purchased it for. They were very dramatic, stating that the seats were very stained, reminding you that this car was so new that I did not even have the license plates on), & I was able to purchase another car. I went to return my rental car. I had not heard from Allstate in about a week, even though they said they were going to return my call.

Enterprise claimed that Allstate had not been covering the past 2 weeks that I had rented the car... So I ended up having to pay almost $300 for the rental car out of my pocket, even though their client is the one who caused the collision & they lacked expertise on deciding whether or not my car was totaled, and their employees would hang up on me, not return my phone calls, & as I mentioned, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

One of their clients hit me in the front when I was stopped at a stop sign, so they put me in a rental but refuse to pay for the insurance to Enterprise. Wanted me to take out comprehensive insurance with my company which I shouldn't have to, but my insurance wouldn't do it anyways because they only go back to a 2004 and mine is a 2002. So I guess I have to walk... Only 61 years old.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I bought an auto insurance from Allstate & paid it in full to take advantage of the discount, hence to pay a lower premium. Four months later, Allstate demanded for further premium for uninsured motorist which was never mentioned when I bought the policy. Yet, they claimed to have continued with the coverage without my knowledge hence the reason why they demanded more money from me. I explained to the agent that when I agreed to buy the policy I was told that was the final amount I have to pay & no hidden extras. I demanded to replay my conversation Martinez Dynasty on their recorder to get some justification.

After over an hour of debating with him, he advised that if we do not pay he would cancel our policy two months before our policy expires. This being said, we had no option but to insure our cars somewhere else since Allstate no longer covers both of my cars. Allstate technically owed us two months which should have been refunded to us. Instead I received an auto collection notice dated October 10, 2017 asking us to pay them for cancelling the policy. I felt being robbed in the daylight by Allstate for taking my money & not giving me the service I am entitled to have. So I want all consumers out there to be aware of this company's dealing & selling techniques. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My car was hit while parked near residence in a quiet neighborhood in a middle of bright day. Drunk driver who hit my vehicle was identified by multiple witnesses (I wasn’t one of them) left scene of the accident. He was quickly apprehended by city police and damages on his car confirmed his involvement. Allstate was his insurance. First 3 days they refused to file the claim for me and after they finally filed it they took over a week to investigate meanwhile not accepting liability thus I had no rental vehicle.

My vehicle was a total loss which was very clear to me from the beginning. None of the agents clearly cared for any inconsistencies I have been experiencing but cared a lot about their policies which allowed me to get rental reimbursement of $15 per day. I’d like to find a rental for $15 per day. Agent was also hard to get hold of and "investigation" for Allstate basically means I HAVE to go to the police station, purchase police report and send it to them. I have been doing investigation for them for free. I could keep going on and on in details but I’ll save time. Just very hard to deal with insurance company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

John ** Allstate Agent, Ogden, Utah - For the third time in a year, this arrogant agent tried to put his shortcomings on me! He was supposed to take payments automatically from my cc but failed to set it up properly. When I started to get notices in the mail and called, Mr. ** said "Don't worry, I take care of it when you came in. Don't you remember?" Well, he didn't and now I get charged the whole six month amount. I'm done arguing with this arrogant jerk! Time to go shopping for insurance.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Allstate is the worst. Their communication is atrocious and it has screwed me. My local rep did not ask for all of the required information but somehow still managed to activate a policy with me. He never followed up on a missing document that I was never asked for so they dropped the policy without notifying me. Since there was no communication I didn't even know that I was uninsured until it dawned on me that my 6 month of coverage was over soon and I would have to pay another installment. Only then did I find out about the cancellation by calling them, which also means I now have a gap in my coverage.

I filed a complaint, it went to underwriting to get my policy reinstated, and my request was denied because you only have a small window of time to catch their poor communication. Now looking for new insurance everyone is placing me in the "high risk" category due to the coverage gap and Allstate on their recorded phone lines said that there is nothing they can do. Their slogan is a load of garbage. If you pick Allstate, you are NOT in good hands.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Claims inv. Belinda ** whose boss is Gail **. Are a disgrace to insurance industry. 8 trees fallen during Hurricane Irma. Elderly veteran's home, who doesn't even know what all happened (beginnings of Alzheimer's and deaf). We had FEMA out here, were promised an appraiser. Almost a month later... Not a soul has come out. Anyone but Allstate. BUYER BEWARE

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My car had been hit at the rear by a man who has Allstate Insurance. That man had hit and then run. At that moment, I was talking to the police on the phone so I couldn't take the pictures of him and his car. Luckily, the other people who had involved in the accident had taken all pictures of the accident (included his car) and showed them to the police. Then, I had police report with his name, address and Insurance company's information. So, I tried to contact them to claim the accident. They denied my case because their client said he didn't involve in any accident. Until my attorney spoke with them, they had sent me the estimate for the damage of my car.

Then, I took my car to the shop to get fix and called them to confirm with the shop. After my car got fix, I called them to get pay and they said my case was closed cause again, their client said he didn't hit any car. I asked my attorney to call them again but they didn't want to speak with us and didn't return our phone call. Now, I don't have enough money to hire the attorney to sue them. But I want to speak out for my rights. I got hit and paid for the damage by my own. I still keep the police report and the estimate they send me. I hope someone could help me or at least when you read my review, you could know how terrible Allstate is.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Been with these folks for about 3 yrs. with everything bundled (i.e. Home and auto). I had 3 cars covered and was paying about 365.00 a month. Which was high. However I had a few dings on my record from about 4 yrs. ago so I accepted that. In June I sold my Charger which was the costliest and my rate went down a bit, however I bought a CTS a couple months later and my rates skyrocketed to 573.00 a month. I talked to my agent about this and nothing they could do. My premium wasn't due until September 25. I went on and paid it right then (out of frustration) which was the 21st of September. Then the agent told me to shop around and I did.

Progressive Insurance could do a lot better, (150.00 a month) so I went with them. I was told that I would get all the monies back from any premium that I had already paid. THEY LIED! OUT OF 573.-- They're telling me that I only get 402.-- I'm now in the process of looking for homeowners insurance. Because I feel like this billion dollar company robbed me of 172.-- dollars without a gun! Also, I've never filed a claim or been late on a payment! I'm gonna spread the word to watch out on all sites, that I and who knows how many others are paying for ALLSTATE'S CEO, CFO and who knows how many other executive's steaks tonight while I'm out here doing construction building America and eating hamburger!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I would like to understand how after three entire months that you would still side with your insured story even though it is well documented that she has continued to change her statements regarding the accident. I have not wavered from my account from day one speaking with the police officers immediately after the accident. That is where you find the most honest accounts before time changes and fades memory. That is why a police report is THE MOST ACCURATE statement and not when it's modified months after to help the one at fault by the one at fault!

My statement: I was traveling in the far left hand lane on the 710 in stop and go traffic roughly 45 miles per hour. My husband and two children were in the car. I was not changing lanes. I was not attempting to do anything yet continue along straight in my lane. Out of nowhere your client came left INTO MY LANE. Striking the front passenger side door and front wheel well pushing my car towards the cement barrier as I slammed on my brakes and applied firm pressure to my horn. I called the police who escorted us off the freeway. A second motorcycle police officer joined us and interviewed your driver as the SUV police officer spoke with me. We left as both police officers continued to speak to your insured.

Your insured statement has changed from my own communications with Allstate multiple times in false statements: She claimed I merged into her lane. She claimed as she merged into my lane I sped up. She claimed she never spoke to a officer. She claimed there was one officer. She claimed she spoke no English. She claimed the officer lied in his report. She was dissatisfied with TWO of your own agents

At this point I understand she pays you but I would hope that a moral obligation to perform the job insurances are there for which is to right wrongs would take priority. I have since the six unanswered emails and many phone calls and having to get help via social media researched Allstate and your company has one of the worst reviews of insurance companies. Perhaps it's cases like this that are minimal to such a large company that leaves bad taste in people mouths. I will be sure to share our experience to those looking for insurance companies that have good reputations... Again I can not see how your driver once again changing her story and saying she will go to the police three months later holds any weight of truth on the accident. Very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Whatever happened to "You're in Good Hands." What a joke? I was in a car accident July 22, 2017. I was hit from behind by a driver with No insurance. I decided to go through my insurance which is AllState. I had a lot of damage to the rear and front of my car because when I was hit my car also hit the car in front of me. Allstate is only going to cover the rear damage but not the front damage since the guy I hit left the scene. Plus, I'm getting used part replace on my car which cause the value of my car to decrease. This has been my first accident and let me just say it has cause me a lot of stress. I think this will be the last of Allstate for me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have been with Geico since moved to the U.S. and this year, I decided to shop around just to make sure that I was paying a fair price. Biggest surprise was to receive a denial letter from Allstate where they used my credit score as a decision factor. Yes, I have high utilization but 0 negatives. All my accounts are current and I never missed a payment.

I was in disbelief. They are not giving me credit but selling a service, which I pay in advance to have coverage. All I can is that after this bad customer service practice, if my score would change tomorrow and they would offer me a 50% discount over what I pay with Geico to change company, I would say a big fat NO. Will never rely/trust a company that pick and chose their customers like that, because that proves me that they are caring 100% about themselves only. Geico is totally proving me wrong??? PS: I gave 1 star for customer service because I feel it was awful. I also rated value and coverage as 1 because I never got the information. There was not a neutral option.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

On 9/1/2017 I paid my premium for coverage in the amount of $233.50. I later receive a letter stating if I do not pay $1051 by the 1st of October my insurance will cancel. After finding out there was a person who is staying in the home. I was told that was why it was that amount. So I signed a forum stating this person was not a driver of my vehicles covered. Then they state that my bill was now $491.03. So I paid $400 on 9/29/2017. The agent told me that was fine just pay the remaining before next month's policy is due. Instead of being of good faith they cancelled my insurance. What can I do to get a refund or my policy reinstated?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

One month was long enough to know agent Gene Lafaro (Springfield, MO) was the worst insurance man I have ever dealt with. He was pushy, rude, and honestly, the worst insurance agent I've ever encounter. He recommended a construction company to put a new roof on claiming he received no kickback. I told him I was under contract with a company and he said, "Well if they don't hurry your insurance will be canceled." I canceled after the solicitation, which was about a month.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We switched to Allstate about four years ago because their premiums were lower at that time, but they have since skyrocketed to about twice what another insurer has quoted us. I can only imagine it's because of lawsuits filed against them which they have lost ($600,000 judgment against them in CA for false advertising, for one). We have always paid our premiums in advance and in full with "EasyPay," but because I didn't want this to kick in again since we were terminating our insurance with Allstate at the end of the term, I unenrolled in it with about a month left on the current policy.

I then got a notice that we owed $55.23 because we had unenrolled. The local agent couldn't do anything about removing the charge, so she "escalated" it. I received a call from the Allstate Customer Rep and explained the situation. She said it was not possible to remove the charge. I told her we had always paid in full, never made a claim, and that this charge was not acceptable and therefore I would not be paying it. She refused to make any adjustment and said I still owed the $55.23. Needless to say, I will not ever insure with Allstate again and would never recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Sorriest, cheapest, backstabbing insurance company known to man. Allstate is a true nightmare non-paying ripoff insurance company... Truly sad to have to deal with these folks... They have not completed the final payment I sent in over 6 weeks ago, they keep passing me to Claim Agent after Claim Agent after Claim Agent and will not pay me for my roof... Truly sad...

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had Allstate for sometime, Rick was the agent and every time I called he was rude, disrespectful and ALWAYS gave me an ATTITUDE!!! After dealing with this unprofessional, no customer service, rude person for over 2 years, I had enough. I canceled insurance for one of my cars because it did not work any longer and approx. a month later I called to get an estimate for a new car I just purchased, once he give me the price I told him I was not interested and as a matter fact I am canceling my policy. He had the nerve to bill me for a car I never insured with him. I refused to pay. I called the CORPORATE office, they said I owe the $$$. Long story short, they sent me to collection for money I DON'T owe. RUN AWAY!!! ALLSTATE IS A RIP OFF, STAY AWAY FROM THEM OR YOU'LL REGRET IT!!! He should be PUT IN JAIL for being a con artist stealing $$$ that does NOT belong to him!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Due to my own stupidity I caused an accident resulting in the total loss of my vehicle. The agents that handled my case were courteous and professional. Allstate covered some 90 percent of the cost for a rental car for a month. I received a check for the value of my wreck within two weeks of the accident, (in fact, I made a mistake and didn't sign over the title correctly and Allstate did a great job of correcting that for me). I never had the problems getting hold of an agent when I had a question or comment, I was impressed with the options that I was offered. I can't speak for the experience of others on this site, but I must say, Allstate did right by me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had a lady run into me sideways in a parking lot in front of a Chase bank. The lady acknowledges that she did not look in broad daylight. She then lied to her insurance company. I contacted Allstate to obtain the surveillance video. Nathan the person assigned did nothing for 3 weeks and now no video. I have to pay half of the deductible because of ALLSTATE does not represent its policyholders! I Got ripped off so don't let it happen to you! They are AWFUL!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My family has been a loyal customer to Allstate for years (maybe 20+) with our family auto policy, homeowner policy, and landlord policy and I have a spotless driving record. In 2015, I was a victim of hit and run, thus I had to use my auto insurance to cover the damage. My original intent was to hire a lawyer to save me some headaches dealing with aggressive adjusters but Allstate convince me that “we will take a good care of you” and “lawyers will only blow things out of proportion”. They ensured me that I can take as long as I needed with my treatments and after it’s all done, they will take care of all the damages.

After over a year of treatment, I was becoming very frustrated with continued pain in my neck. I couldn’t figure out why no Chiropractor and Physical Therapies weren’t working. They took an x-ray but there was no fracture found. Right around then, Allstate became impatient and began sending me letters to let me know the “treatment should come to an end as after all, it was just a minor accident”, they will “need to review all the treatments to see if they were appropriate” and they may reject some bills based on their findings. I was shocked. What happened to “we want you to get fully better” “we will take a good care of you”.

To my surprise, they offered me a settlement far less than the total bills incurred. I made multiple inquiries on it but their response was “This is our final offer. If you aren’t satisfied, you need to go to arbitration and may consider hiring a lawyer”. They know very well no lawyer would take you in the middle of a case. I called over 10 lawyers, but no luck. I finally found 1 who sympathized with my situation and said it’s upsetting how a big insurance company bullies client who only want to get the bills paid. He agreed to take my case, had me visit another doctor and ordered an MRI. The results showed I had disc herniation in my spine. I underwent 2 procedures in 2016. My lawyer went back to Allstate, demanded all bills to be paid + loss wage + pain/suffering for 2 years. Needless to say, I switched to another insurance company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

An insured individual of Allstate hit my car over a week ago. I immediately contacted Allstate regarding the accident. After taking my statement, they determined fault with their insured. I was instructed to use an app to upload pictures. The adjuster prepared an estimate for less than $350. Which is joke considering the type of vehicle that I drive. I was told I would receive a rental comparable to my vehicle. That was not the case at all. I received a rental that doesn't even have a phone charging option in the car. My phone calls have not been returned from Torrey **, who is suppose to be the claims adjuster. This hasn't been a very pleasant experience at all. I would not recommend anyone to seek coverage from Allstate.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My son was hit by a driver whose insurance company finally assumed 100% liability almost 3 months after the accident. Unfortunately, Allstate is my son's insurance carrier and they refuse to pay the 3,500 worth of emergency room bills stating that my son "waived his PIP coverage". I really doubt that he signed the waiver and I have yet to see any document from Allstate showing that he did. I think their business practices are unethical and deceitful. They won't even pay out when they're guaranteed to get the money back via subrogation when the claim is settled. I guess being a "good neighbor" means telling everyone to ** off when they try to file a valid claim. They are one evil organization, IMHO.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate Auto Insurance provides quality protection across the United States. It allows customers to adjust limits and deductibles to find the right insurance policy without paying extra.

• Complete coverage: Allstate offers customizable coverage options that can be tweaked and adjusted in order to include specifics, such as personal injury, broken glass, towing, etc.

• Teen driving discounts: They offer discounts on teen drivers while many providers increase premiums for teen drivers, even those with clean driving records.

• Coverage for other vehicles: In addition to car insurance, Allstate offers insurance for boats, motorcycles and other vehicles.

• Local agents: Allstate has agents and brick-and-mortar offices in every state, which means you can meet with a representative face-to-face no matter where you are in the country.

• Drivewise app: They have an app that customers can download to track your driving habits and reward you for being safe behind the wheel.

• Best for: Drivers with clean records and teen drivers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky