2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Allstate is a well-known auto insurance company that has a large network of local agents. The company offers online quotes and provides coverages for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. Customers can file claims online, and the company provides discounts for bundling different types of insurance policies.

BOTTOM LINE

Allstate is the third leading car insurer in the U.S. serving all 50 states with a massive network of local agents and 3,500 repair shops. Its financial strength ranges from good to excellent. Many customers are satisfied with Its auto claims servicing. It carries a range of coverage options and discounts.

PROS

• Accident forgiveness available
  • Above average rating on claims satisfaction
  • New car, multi-policy, smart student and more discounts

CONS

• Some customers experienced occasional premium increases
Allstate Auto Insurance Get a Quote

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My agent is excellent and I would highly recommend him. What disturbs me is that Allstate only gave us a 15% discount for the period that Americans drove very little due to the coronavirus. A few other insurance companies gave a 25% discount. A few years ago I had a fender bender and Allstate was there 100%. Their service was excellent.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've had AllState Truck Insurance for three years now and I haven't had a problem yet. They respond to any questions or concerns I have within 24 hours of contacting them. The coverage for the price is the Best out there, I know I looked. I have Full Coverage with towing etc. for the price I'd pay elsewhere for PLPD. Honestly they offer the best for the least amount of money. Reputable and Reliable. I recommend AllState Insurance for All your insurance needs.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 27, 2020

I have quite a few different coverages with All State, including that for my home. I'm a long time customer and have always been satisfied. I receive very good customer service, care, efficiency, pricing and coverage features. I've recommended them to many of my friends and family. This is a case of "truth in advertising" .... you really are "In good hands" with Allstate!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Auto insurance is a package deal. It's not just the company alone that completes the package. I have always believed, price is not the only factor when choosing a insurance company. I was with Farmers for 19 years and always told my agent, "If it was not for you, I would dump Farmers." My agent was great, but the rates and customer service were terrible. I try to be loyal whenever I can. Well after my agent retired, I started shopping around and found an Allstate agent who introduced me to a whole new world in insurance needs. Not only were his rates better than Farmers, but after 6 years, my rates are still a lot less than my last Farmers rates. Allstate's customer service has been great, their products meet all my need requirements, and I love my agent. Trusting your insurance company should be a major deciding factor for everyone. I really do feel, "I am in good hands with Allstate."

Original review: July 22, 2020

Good company. Fair price. Internet and telephone access is outstanding. Policy language is clear and easily understood. Company representatives are professional in contact with customers. We have made several recommendations to other of Our friends and family and have received no unfavourable response nor critical comments as a result of Our referrals, as of this time.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Supposedly with my husband and I being 20 & 19, owning a car and truck, having two previous minor rear-end accidents... I have to pay almost $700 just in liability insurance a month. That’s as much as my rent! I was paying $360 in liability a month for just my car before they added on my husband’s truck. I was quoted $400-$500 for both vehicles, but I was told when I called that they added on the truck and “Texas premium rates increased.” They didn’t inform me of any increase, but they sure told me every day that I was getting some money back because of the pandemic. I’m just suddenly being charged nearly twice the amount as before, and not what I was originally quoted. And they do not answer emails either. I emailed and at least 3 days later, no response whatsoever. I had to call and sit on hold.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Recently, I landed a new job, and had to move. After trying repeatedly to contact someone to let them know I've moved and failing countless times due to hangups and multiple hour wait times, I gave up. Eventually, I felt it was time to upgrade and bought a new truck. After signing the papers, I attempted yet again, for HOURS, to contact someone and get my new truck onto my current policy and switched to my new state. After being HUNG UP ON AND TRANSFERRED TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT REPEATEDLY FOR 4 HOURS, I gave up and went with a different company on a family member's plan. However, that meant that I couldn't even drive my brand new truck home for the first time, my family member had to do it.

Allstate ruined the new car experience for me, and I will never forget it. Their app is monumentally dropping the ball, and customer relations is the worst it's been that I can remember, and I've been with them for 17 years. I will actively be seeking a new insurance company. There is ZERO chance they can compete, their rates are sky high, and their customer service is trash. Thank you, Allstate, for completely ruining what would have otherwise been a very happy experience for a 17 year customer. Allstate is happy to get you in, but once you're on the ticket, they completely forget about you. Do yourselves a huge favor and go with a smaller local company that is happier to have you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Yesterday my mother (65) had a flat tire (w/no spare new cars) in Los Angeles, California; Due to her job, she needed a vehicle, so we swapped cars. I waited for 3 hours for a tow. I was not upset, and the car was taking to my apt since shops were closed at the hour they arrived. Today I called to have the vehicle now towed to a shop. The wait was 96mins when I called 115mins; your REP stated that the tow company canceled. I spoke to the rep and told him I’m upset, and what bothers me, even more, is that my mom would have had to deal with this; the closest tow is 120 mins away. So now Allstate has made me wait 8 hours for a two in two days.

I asked to speak with the Supervisor (Axel **) and asked for some sort of compensation for the inconvenience voucher 10/15% off etc. He stated that you guy don’t own the tow companies and their human Allstate calls the company, and the service ends them. I thought it was roadside Assistance, and how in the second largest city number one with cars, the wait is so long? He said, "We use 40 service providers." I asked if he could follow up to ensure there was not a closer truck and that all companies we're called. He stated his agent took care of it. I asked again, "So you don’t feel the need to follow up to check." He said no.

I want to know Where is the accountability for a customer if your agents think they are only in the service of Connecting customer to provider. It makes sense why I don’t feel like I received roadside assistance. It should be a roadside connection. Furthermore, if your wait is hours in Los Angeles with 40, when do you as a company, decide to expand the providers? Ref **

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I've been with Allstate for more than 30 years and what happened this week has me looking for another insurance company. While at a stop sign, I got rear-ended in May, clearly the other driver (insured by Travelers) was at fault. He even offered to pay me out of pocket for the damages. When they (Allstate and Travelers) took his statement, he lied and said I backed into him. So Travelers denied the claim and it went to arbitration, where they ruled against me. We're living in a world where the victims have become the perpetrators. Anyway, Allstate didn't fight for me and that was the ultimate slap in the face. I'm now looking for a new insurance company and thinking about going with Travelers. I mean if they can get their client off the hook when he was clearly at fault (albeit in an unethical way), that sounds like an insurance company that will have your back (or rear bumper).

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

One is rewarded for careful driving, some refunds were given for coronavirus 19. They also have a program to receive points, and use the point for discount or even some free items. Also one can use the points for bidding on gift certificates.

Allstate Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

This company’s accident forgiveness means rates don’t go up after one accident, no matter who’s at fault. Customers also have options when it comes to limits and deductibles. The company’s Milewise program offers coverage based on mileage driven per day and is a good option for those who don’t drive as much.

• Coverage and plans: Allstate offers base insurance in line with state laws, plus additional offerings like new car replacement, roadside assistance and rideshare insurance. Allstate writes policies for auto insurance in all 50 states.

• Cost: The average monthly rate for Allstate auto insurance is approximately $158. This is on the higher end of car insurance costs.

• Discounts: Allstate has discounts for safe driving, new cars, early signing, paperless billing, bundling and good students.

• Standout feature: Allstate has a network of agents in all 50 states.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor