3.8/5 (1707 ratings)
Get a Quote on SmartFinancial

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

About Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate is an auto insurance company with a large network of agents throughout the country. It offers online quotes and provides coverage for cars, motorcycles and ATVs. You can file claims with Allstate online, and the company extends discounts for bundling multiple insurance policies.

Pros

• Coverage in all states
  • Various discount programs
  • Innovative technological resources

Cons

• Premium increases after first term
  • Ride for Hire not in all states

Bottom Line

Allstate offers standard auto coverage all throughout the U.S., as well as various discount packages. Its technology resources for drivers (e.g., Drivewise) aid in improving policyholders’ driving, which can help lower rates.

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

Allstate Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Auto Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Two occasions: first occasion was when Allstate didn’t want to finish my repairs on my veh when a deer jumped in front of. They waited their precious time and went over my 30 days on my rental and I just now knowing I owed a rental company. I asked several times can someone come out and do a full inspection and nothing happened. That virtual thing is not good. Allstate left me to still fix the remaining of my car and and rental I had.

2nd time is when Ed ** felt with all my information given it was either not enough or not to his standards and denied my theft claim at my home. I went through the deposition he assigned and everything. I gave him a lot of information to review. I even asked did he want to come to my home. From December to March I waited patiently to just find out today my claim was denied. I got a feeling I was ** and the deposition was **. He didn’t want to believe me or her. She is your lawyer. Why would she want to side with me. I presented my evidence and he didn’t like her judgement. Allstate is not for the people. I spent my money on allstate and I wish I never did. They need better agents and a better system. I will NEVER recommend ALLSTATE!!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Beware of James **. Agency Fountain Hills Az. The agent did not let me know that when I purchased a boat policy it would not be refundable if I moved and cancelled before term ended, although car and home policies are refundable. Amy said it was in the "Fine Print" of the policy. Typical of Allstate. Would recommend State Farm.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Rep did not have knowledge of insurance. I asked some very basic questions about my insurance. He did not know and continued to be put on hold 4 times in 15 min of conversation. I may be switching insurance. I need to have someone that has knowledge about the insurance they work for.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

- Allstate customer from 1994 to 2005. - Full coverage. - We were stopped at a red light. - No sound, no warning -- an uninsured driver fell asleep on his way home from work, foot pressed on gas pedal, rear-ended us at minimum 65MPH. - Impact thrust our car 50 feet forward. If there were any traffic in the intersection at that moment, we would have been car-ponged and killed for sure. - My head whiplashed against the head rest so hard that it broke out and fell behind the seat. I blacked out from the concussion. My wife's whiplash was almost as bad. It's an absolutely miracle that our toddler was unharmed (save for seatbelt-burns). Thank God we only had 1 child at the time, because with the position we were hit, the other child would have been killed instantly.

- The car was so completely totaled, the only salvage-able part was the hood over the engine. Every single other part was impact-rippled and damaged, including the roof and front fenders of the car. - During the initial 90 days after the accident, we knew exactly what life felt like for arthritis-plagued 80+ year olds. We understood what the term "dull, sapping, ever-present pain" truly means. - MRIs show that I now have 2 herniated discs in my neck. My wife has 1.

- Allstate refused to respond to our claim for exactly 1 year (somehow, by law, insurance companies are allowed 365 days before they must respond) -- they responded literally hours before the deadline. - Allstate had dozens of photos of the car, had the full report of the scene of the accident, had our MRIs and chiropractor report... and their response to our claim was: "We are not convinced that your injuries were caused by this accident. We are refusing your claim."

- I could give details of the next 2 years of taking legal action against Allstate -- but the best way to summarize it would be: Instead of just paying us our insured amount (less than six figures), Allstate spent at least 3 times that amount (close to a quarter-million) in lawyer and research (dirt-digging) expenses. It's not an exaggeration to say that they went after us like an over-zealous prosecuting attorney determined to pin a manslaughter charge on a jaywalker.

- In the end? I lost my business, I had to find employment (despite my condition) that couldn't cover our bills, we lost our home... we lost everything. We had to move in with relatives, pennyless, and had to start all over. - And I still suffer from 2 herniated discs in my neck and occasional severe migraines that are triggered when I am not careful in how I position my neck, and how I position my head when I sleep.

It is said that the lowest levels of Hell are reserved for "betrayers." However, there must be level lower than that, because there is a class of inhumans that the English language has no vocabulary for that can only be described as "beyond betrayers." I propose that this class of infernal beings be titled "Allstate Claim Decision Makers and Lawyers."

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Allstate says "you're in good hands." I called them for a quote for an auto policy tonight. I have a perfect driving record but did have claims last year. NONE of them were my fault. I pay about 1500.00 per year regularly. Allstate quoted me 5,100.00 for a year 520 per month for a basic Auto policy with their platinum plan. And I have NO surcharges on my record for over 25 years. STAY AWAY. THEIR PRICES ARE INSANE.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I filed a collision claim 5 days ago and no one contacted me yet. I was able to get the claim advisor's name and number after shooting a lot of emails and making a lot of calls. She (Olivia **) did not contact me at all. She is not available to be contacted. No one is listening. I seem to be talking with walls. It's frustrating and disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The windshield window cracked, and I was referred to a repair shop. After changing the windshield window four times, it still leaks. Allstate refuses to change the repair shop and thinks I should go to the same shop!! Despite several phone calls, they declined my request to talk to the supervisor.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2021

I was able to get a deal online with the Idaho representative. I have paid and downloaded the app and the discount is exactly as sent to my mail. I will update the comment if anything changes again, or if the premium stays true to advertisement. Right now, my premium shows 'temporary for 60 days' but as soon as I verify that nothing changes, I will update everyone and increase the star rating based on their service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

BEWARE of this company!! I will explain the details of their nefarious mode of operation, so no one else falls in the same trap.

1. DO NOT TRY TO GET A QUOTE FROM THEM.

I went online, filled in my biodata, bank details, credit card number etc. and they gave me a quote of $79 every month. I cancelled my current Nationwide insurance of $96 every month (Now I know that was a stupid thing to do) immediately because they tried to increase my rate + $50 ($148 monthly). Keep in mind that I have a clean driving record with no claims or tickets whatsoever. However, when I tried to make the payment due with Allstate, I kept getting an error message saying, "We are having technical issues with our website right now, please contact a customer care on 800.....". I tried paying several times but to no avail.

I eventually did call an insurance agent with Allstate and they told me I was going to pay $111 dollars per month. I was furious and asked them why it changed, all they could tell me was that the online platform is not accurate, and only gives a quick quote. I explained to them that there's no such thing as a quick quote, there's only A QUOTE or an ESTIMATE! Apparently, the technical difficulty message on their website is a deliberate act to prevent people from accessing the quote agreed on, and to force unsuspecting customers to call insurance agents who will then increase the previously agreed premiums.

2. I filled in my biodata, bank details, and credit card details on their website. The only reason I put those details on there was because it was their payment page, and I was about to make payments. Now they have access to all my data, they also defaulted on an agreement (quote) that we had, leaving me stranded and desperate to go for the next available fraudulent financial institution.

Isn't it ridiculous that these agencies can decide to increase one's insurance premiums on the mere basis of relocation to another state despite having an excellent driving record? In summary, NEVER FILL IN YOUR DETAILS IN ALLSTATE WEBSITE WHILE GETTING A SEEMINGLY GOOD QUOTE. More than likely, it is a false advertising bait used to attract unsuspecting victims (like me). Customer care representatives are well-trained liars. AVOID AT ALL COST!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The Allstate agency located is south Florida, Fuentes & Martinez Insurance Group, Inc the worst agency I have ever worked with in the 45+ years driving. They transfer me from dept. to dept. then back to the same dept. No help. Then give you a different number to call back to the same circle of depts. Issue never resolved! they just don't care! Corporate no difference. Trust me you won't be in Good Hands!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My dad has been using All-state since the 1980's when he purchased homes in Utah. And has all his vehicles covered by them. And after all the years he's been a loyal customer. They made a mistake on his auto policy. Back in March, he called allstate to ask them to remove his dodge caravan from the policy because it had engine problems. And he also asked them that same day to insure the Ford Freestar, which was in storage with comprehensive coverage, he requested them to bring it out from storage status and insure it with liability coverage to use as his replacement primary vehicle.

Unfortunately I borrowed my dad's van a few months later and had an accident. And to both our surprise and disappointment we found out allstate failed to update my dad's auto policy to liability insurance, and it was still listed as comprehensive insurance. And the allstate agent refused to cover the van for the accident. And because of allstate's mistake, I was charged with driving without insurance.

As if this wasn't bad enough for both my dad and I, it got even worse. A few weeks after my dad attempted to file a claim for the Ford Freestar and was rejected by the allstate agent. The Utah DMV license division sent me a letter saying their records show the Ford Freestar was driven without insurance and was in an accident, and they warned me not to drive because my license was suspended indefinitely. And when I went to the DMV license division to get more details about the reasons why my license was suspended. The DMV agent told me it was our insurance company (allstate) that actually contacted the DMV to report the car was driven without insurance and had been in an accident. When I searched online, this is not normal procedure for most insurance companies to do such a thing. As soon as we find another insurance company, allstate can go to hell! They are dishonest, and despicable people working for allstate.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Oralia ** - Customer Service Representative Thomas ** - Duncanville 4/2/2021 Karen ** - Office Manager Oralia and this office staff are liars and lack integrity. I’d never refer anyone to them and cannot wait for my policy to expire. I pray that I can find a more reputable company that offers true services. It may require that I pay more but I’m not nor have I ever been fully covered due to this agency’s negligence. I find it appalling that this company can say that they’ve sent correspondence to me but lack the ability to produce it. They failed to action my policy as requested but placed fictitious notes instead. They do not record calls which benefits their negligence and lack of service. They do nothing to attempt to right their errors but attempt to persuade you to deepen your relationship with them. Who willfully does business with liars? That’s like joyfully playing with the devil, waiting to get burned. Save yourself from Allstate.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My vehicle was hit by another vehicle insured by Allstate in the parking lot. I submitted a claim to allstate, during the process, allstate asked me to provide them with two estimates from different body shop which I did, but unfortunately they paid me half what the estimates came up to. I am very disappointed at the outcome. I will not recommend allstate to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Filed a claim and provided all receipts. Claim dept tried to say that towing was not covered under my policy and just terminated the claim paying me nothing. Now it's been 4 months later and I went to file a complaint and was sent back into a 40 minute wait to start the complaint all over again. Now fighting with managers to get what is owed to me. Simply put, if you have a claim you will most likely be very disappointed with level of professionalism and won't get your money. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO OBTAIN reliable insurance. (FYI, my friend sells ALLSTATE insurance and he said everyone is almost always pissed off when they get the run around)...Just hope it doesn't happen to you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I received a letter from Allstate Drivewise Program that starting 08/11/2021 they will apply my points to my Auto instead applying points to the Reward payout. There has always been options to use points for Auto policy credit, mail a check or apply to the Reward account to redeem on items. I do not need assistance with my Auto Policy premiums and points were earned to use on gift cards and/or merchandise. I called Allstate Drivewise and was told they were mainstreaming to one options which is crazy. My question would be... are they removing all rewards that the customer can use/redeem their points for? On the Drivewise website there is no mention of the changes for the customer to see.

Below is what’s showing:

Allstate Rewards® is a program that works with the Allstate Drivewise product. On the Allstate Rewards site, you will be able to use the points you've earned for your safe driving (captured by Drivewise). Redeem points for savings on brand-name merchandise, gift cards, local deals and more. Plus, you can also use your Points for chances to win great prizes in live Auctions and Sweepstakes.

You will also be able to utilize the Drivewise Cash you receive from your Drivewise Enrollment and driving Performance toward purchasing merchandise and gift cards. If you're not interested in your Drivewise Cash to shop the site, you can request to receive a check in the mail or a credit your auto policy premium for the total amount.

I do not want to participate in the Drivewise Program to credit my points to Auto policy. I CAN PAY MY AUTO POLICY WITHOUT DRIVEWISE ASSISTANCE! I want option to select where the accrue points go not Allstate.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

DO NOT BUY ALLSTATE. This used to be my agent office - for 23 YEARS. I'm a physician, and during the pandemic I sold my house (also Allstate policy - so they knew I sold it) and took a job with the Military. So, relocating physician during the pandemic, working for the Military. I sold my house in April and was moving. I made a car payment also in April, but made the next payment in July since I had my mail on hold trying to find a house to buy (none in Syracuse unless you had loads of cash). Allstate CANCELED my policy in JUNE with my last payment in APRIL, after 23 years. AND THEY WOULD NOT REINSTATE IT, and this office RETURNED MY PAYMENT from July (which I have yet to receive).

Geez, maybe they could have called? Or reinstated the policy? But NO, now I can't register my car, had to find an expensive emergency policy (with Progressive) while juggling being displaced, and working as a PHYSICIAN for the MILITARY IN A PANDEMIC. So ALLSTATE HAS NO LOYALTY TO YOU. Neither does this office (Adam Roux apparently was sold my policy at the Liverpool office - used to be Ciotti and then Sikora - who were better imho). LOOK ELSEWHERE. NOT ALLSTATE, and NOT LIVERPOOL.

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2021

There have been a few shining stars throughout this process that have restored some of my faith in the company. These people have been found through my persistence and constant calling. Thank you to Crystal and Thelma for all they have done and continue to do. Again, though, the vast majority of this process has been awful for my state of being.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Upon filing my auto claim, I was greeted with a claims agent that barely knew English. I had multiple claims agents hang up on me after I had only been on the line for five minutes, for no reason whatsoever. I had a claim agent lie to me about my police report being requested, when it never was, and I only found out two weeks later when I reached out to check on its progress. No one ever called to see how I was doing or to update me on the process. I had to set up my rental car through the body shop because AllState was too incompetent to set it up for me. I had to use AAA to help tow my car.

I had to reach out for every single question or concern I had, and it was often not AllState that responded and helped me. I would not recommend AllState Auto Insurance to anyone; they've been absolutely horrendous through every step of this accident process. What do we pay for if not for care and communication after an accident? I've learned that any other company is better. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I work for a well known law firm in the Midwest area. I have seen how Allstate's customer service it's been deteriorating reaching the lowest level over the last years. They take too long to even evaluate the damages of a vehicle to determine if is repairable or a total loss. This process would usually take just a few days while Allstate could easily take several weeks. If the vehicle is determined to be a total loss the process is even worse! They have a service number for the total loss cases and sadly the lack of basic insurance concepts on many of the representatives is impressive.

You call for status and often times you are not able to obtain any straight answer when you call. The adjusters cover for each other even known they are making mistakes. You can get an apology for the delay and admitting their mistakes and a week later receive a denial saying it was not their fault. They've turned into one of the worst companies to deal with. The unfairness handling claims, regardless if you are a claimant or their own insured, is unbelievable!

Original review: July 7, 2021

This is the worst insurance company I've ever dealt with. My car was hit April 18. They didn't respond to the auto repair center to BEGIN repairs until May 19. And then didn't send me the reimbursement check for my rental until June 21. That is entirely too long to take for any of those steps, and there was no communication, no explanation as to why it was taking so long. I would call, leave messages, and get nothing back. Because they were so tardy, I had to keep extending my rental contract out week after week until the bill totaled nearly $4000 (which I had to pay out of pocket because their company doesn't contract with rental agencies, instead they reimburse you which is foolish because not everyone has the necessary funds for costs like that up front) but then learned they were only going to pay a little over $1800, less than half of the reimbursement!

I tried to fight them but they kept saying no, they were not responsible. Their client hit me and they as an insurance company made a promise to cover the damages caused by their client. That's what an insurance company is supposed to do. I never would have had to spend that much if they hadn't dragged their feet. It's almost negligence at this point. To top it off, they sent the letter with the reimbursement check, but not the check itself. I had to call their corporate office to get it direct deposited to me.

1. Incompetence
2. Slow
3. Poor communication
4. No contracts for verification, just word of mouth
5. Forced reimbursement policy

6. Lack of full payment

And it wasn't even the fault of only one individual. The main agent I worked with took an extended amount of time off and forwarded all his calls to a different agent, who was also gone and forwarded all her calls to a different agent, whose voicemail said he was not taking any more calls. And the manager I spoke with was no help in resolving this. And then the person who forgot to put the check in the envelope. It's the whole company. The only reason I give them 2 stars instead of 0 is because my car actually got fixed. But this was a headache I would not wish on anyone.

Original review: July 3, 2021

About two years ago we had Allstate try to auto add someone to our automobile policy. This was someone we didn't even know, and despite whatever Texas database they pulled the information from this individual did not live with us. Allstate put the burden of proof and getting it so this person would not be added on us, which is ridiculous. The hoops we had to jump through were insane, and at a very difficult time for our family. It is bad, money grabbing corporate policies that were cited that were used to attempt to justify this. Who I have on my insurance and who I am paying for or not paying for is my business and my business alone, not Allstate's.

Now, today, I receive an email notification that Allstate was going to add my 16 year old child to my insurance. A child that has a learner's permit and not a actual provisional or regular license. I call up the number I was given and some dubious line that smacked of "corporate policy" and underwriters policy was fed to me. They claimed that in the state of Texas, after 6 months of having a Learner's License that Texas considered them licensed, which is utter nonsense. Not to mention the fact that this was suddenly dumped on us not six months later, but a couple months away from it being TWO YEARS since she got her Learner's License.

This on top of the fact that before she received her Learner's License I spoke to Allstate representatives on what their policy was and was assured that as long as she had a Learner's License and was not an actual Licensed Driver that she was covered under our policy and did not need to be added in full since she couldn't drive on her own. Furthermore, Allstate has not updated their position on this policy online and I therefore find it highly suspect that our agent's office is doing this at this moment.

If this is in fact not Allstate's position I would like to suggest they reign in their local agents because after these two issues, issues I have not had with any other insurance company we are now taking our business elsewhere. After having shopped around for additional quotes no other major insurance carrier that I spoke to has the requirement of fully adding our child, with her Learner's License to our insurance policy, and no misinformation concerning some fabricated "six month" limit. For the icing on the cake they could not forward any documentation to us concerning this supposed underwriting policy as it was something they didn't give out and was only for use "in house".

Again, if this is not actually Allstate's position I want to make this company aware that some of their agents are pushing these underhanded practices and "corporate policies", perhaps for a chance to increase premiums. Her full addition would have nearly doubled our auto insurance. If it was an attempted money grab it has most certainly backfired as we are now leaving Allstate, will never return to Allstate, and will warn our friends and family, especially those that are facing new learning drivers of our issues and problems with Allstate as a cautionary tale. We should have left with the first instance of over reach. I did not sign up to have a corporation dictate to me. Had the first not happened we would still be leaving because of the second instance. My word to any and all, when it comes to Allstate caveat emptor (buyer beware)!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I was trying to get a quote for a homeowners and auto insurance bundle to replace my expiring bundle. Allstate without my authorization, removed funds from my mortgage company escrow account to pay for a yearly policy and they actually requested more money than was even on the quote. I never signed any documents and I never received an email even stating what the policy covered other than the conversation with a moronic agent. They also remove money from my checking account for my auto policy without so much as a signed document.

If you buy Allstate insurance you are taking a huge risk because for one thing they won't even pay a claim without putting up a tremendous fight with you and now they have deducted money from my escrow account and checking account without my authorization and frankly when looking into it I have no legal avenues available to me. This is a travesty and this company is nothing more than a thief disguised as an insurance company. Worst experience I've ever had don't trust them.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I started shopping around for auto insurance as I was paying almost 350 MONTH to State Farm with very little coverage or options. Allstate provided on paper a much better coverage plan with some really good options for a much cheaper price. HOWEVER! After switching, I had to make an adjustment to my plan. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone. It was either talk with a machine, or go straight to voice mail. There was no other way for me to talk to anyone. I left several voice messages over the course of a couple of hours to get the adjustment made. I gave up. Fast forward 24 hours later and someone calls me. I pretty much told them I'm going to look for a new insurance company. If this had been something serious that level of customer service is not the kind of stress I would want at that time. You are clearly NOT in good hand, with All Fake.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I was involved in a flood almost 7 months ago and I am still waiting for Allstate to honor a claim that has been passed around to at least 5 adjusters with no satisfaction as of yet. I was sent to an allstate recommended repair shop that did not handle my case as they should have from the time I took my vehicle in. After not being satisfied there I was told that I could take my vehicle to a shop of my choice which I did but was told that they would not honor the shop's supplement due to rust which was not the case for my problem.

I was told by the mechanic that my vehicle was surely damaged from the flood which caused water damage yet I was told that the person handling my claim has been moved to another department and left false information on my claim which caused my claim to be denied. I have never been late on paying my insurance premium and now the manager (**, DEBORAH) who has taken over my claim has called me today and informed me that they would be moving to another department and would be passing my claim on to someone named John (no last name given).

Resolution response: April 15, 2021

Problem was caused by Farmers, not Allstate.

Original review: April 10, 2021

On Tuesday April 6, 2021 I received a phone call from a Farmer's claims adjuster in Oklahoma City telling me Allstate has filed a claim against a now cancelled Farmer's policy claiming my 2018 pickup was involved in an accident on April 1st. The name of the person who was supposed to be driving my truck is someone I have never heard of. And the company who owns the other vehicle seems to be based solely in Houston, Texas.

Problem is I have not been in Houston for almost a year and on April 1st my truck never left my garage in Temple, Texas. I have tried contacting Allstate about this and keep getting the head in the sand routine, the "I know nothing" response. This is at least insurance fraud and perhaps identity theft as well. Perhaps my questions will be answered after the Texas Department on Insurance acts on the complaint filed against Allstate.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I have a claim with them and every time I deal with them it's painful. They might be cheaper in the first year or whatever but the premiums will rise fast and the stress and HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE is not worth it. Here are just 2 examples: Had a claim for our car. Hit a deer. It took months to settle. A lot of passing the buck and no one answering our calls. The "preferred" body shop was beyond terrible. It took us threatening lawyers and taking legal action for them to finally move our car to a good shop and get it repaired. Stress, headache and terrible customer service.

Example 2. My Visa needed to be updated with them. This happens all the time if you get compromised or it expires. It took 36 minutes for them to update my visa. I know it just happened today and I checked my phone. They had to get my visa number for EVERY policy (car, house, rental, etc.). Almost 40 minutes to do something simple. That is what Allstate does. Then I wanted to complain to the manager. On hold for 10 minutes to tell me they won't talk to me and to email them. RIDICULOUS! RUN! RUN! RUN away as fast as you can. If you choose Allstate you get what you deserve... which is a terrible experience.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Allstate Auto Insurance claims department used a virtual claims adjuster to determine estimate on my damaged vehicle. My vehicle was parked and empty when a vehicle backed into the front end of my vehicle. The adjuster and repair shop did not communicate apparently during the repair process which lasted three weeks. I, during the process had to pay out of pocket over a thousand dollars for a rental car. Which was to be refunded on completion of repair.

When I was notified that all repairs were completed it was explained to me by the body shop that Allstate was not going to pay for total cost of repair. I had numerous conversations with Mr. Jeffery **, Claims Manager, out of the Las Vegas department. Myself and my vehicle were held hostage until I paid approximately one thousand eighty dollars to the repair shop to retrieve my vehicle. I am the innocent victim of bullying tactics by Allstate auto insurance. Why should the burden of restitution fall on me for the disagreement Allstate had with the repair shop? This was not reasonable in any way. Beware of Allstate auto, I will never recommend them to anyone! I have filed a complaint with the Az Dept. of Insurance, hoping to recover my cost. I hope to at least have others be aware of big business taking advantage of consumers as they choose to.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I was a loyal Allstate customer for years. When Hurricane Isaias hit, my roof was damaged. All my next door neighbors, got payment for a new roof or for repairs from their insurance company. Allstate refused and was the only one to claim normal wear and tear. Stay clear of Allstate.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I had them once for one month, when I had to get a new car off the lot, within the 1st month we called another insurance company for a quote "The General" and their monthly quote was literally 500$ cheaper than Allstate's. I don't understand how most people save 700$ "on average" by switching to Allstate when I saved 500$ in one month by leaving them. I am pretty sure they are the same company that owns Esurance, meaning they had to make another company just to offer cheaper rates lol. They are the most, if not one of the most expensive insurance companies out there. Go somewhere else.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The customer service representative Ms. Angelica **, was rude, aggressive, argumentative and went out of her way and her job description to intentionally try to add more tension and complications to the initial problem I called about. She tried lecturing me on her training class experience at Allstate. When I would not give a reaction she got frustrated and began insisting I give her a reason why I felt my car should have aftermarket parts.

Regardless of the fact I called because I stated I didn't want aftermarket parts on car due to depreciation concerns. She went on discrediting my reason and began over talking me. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said "No! You can't speak to my supervisor" and hung up on me. It should be known that you are not in good hands with Allstate. Actually some of the worst customer care in the industry.

The adjuster, Eric H. ** sent me an email stating, "Mr. X, I have investigated your claim and Allstate. We use aftermarket parts and will be putting aftermarket parts on your car"???? No offers for other alternatives, no customer edicatesy, just rude and demanding. Telling you that you have no control over what's being done to your property, despite the fact it's your property. I would not recommend Allstate to anyone if they expect to be well taken care of.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Tried to switch auto insurance to a new vehicle. Took me over 2 hours on hold, over two calls, to complete this simple task. Their website and app are utterly useless for anything other than paying your bill-surprise! Couldn’t print out or view insurance card on either. Their technology is stuck in the early 2000’s.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Bad and awful customer service. Lazy and expected me and my body shop to do all her paperwork and calling. Unprofessional and unethical. Tracy or Stacey is awful and just there for the measly 110k she makes a year. Ive always had great experiences with them but because of her, and the fact I caught her in 5 lies, I'm finding a different company to insure me and bad customer service can break a company. They need to find people that like their jobs because she obviously doesn't or she's discriminating against me.

Allstate Auto Insurance Company Information