Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.99/5

AAA Auto Insurance

BOTTOM LINE

AAA auto insurance is offered by the Automobile Association of America to its members in all 50 states. Happy customers appreciate the personalized service they receive by working with a local agent and say the claims process is fast and their insurance rates are reasonable.

PROS

• Gives multiple discounts up to 27% to all AAA members
  • Additional AAA member benefits include travel guides and maps for long trips
  • Established company that’s been around for over a century
  • Excellent roadside service
  • Added coverages include gap insurance, rental car reimbursement and non-owner insurance

CONS

• No discounts for teen drivers
  • Available only to AAA members

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1068 AAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

This was overall a nice company just for the fact that my insurance agent was always willing to make time to take my call or visit with me if I dropped by her office. She always answered my questions and took time to explain anything I didn't understand. The payment amount I had to pay each month has been okay, not many of us like the fact that we have to pay this stuff at all, but for what I got out of this insurance company it wasn't bad. A nice company to do business with. In future, I will probably be staying with them for a long time.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

AAA is a bit pricey, but the coverage is awesome. I can talk to someone at anytime, without any effort if I have a question or need. They have offices all over the place for my convenience and the one near me even has a DMV built into it if I need to pay a registration and get a sticker right away. The claims process is easy and I do not feel like I am ever getting ripped off. It's not great value but good for peace of mind.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have had AAA Auto Insurance for more than 10 years and I have been generally satisfied with the service I have received from the company during this time. More than anything, I've gotten a lot of value from the roadside service offered through AAA, which is unparalleled. Further, I've found the rates to be pretty competitive. That's not to mention the additional discounts I get on travel, entertainment, and dining. I take advantage of these perks at least a few times per year and have saved a fair amount of money in the process. All in all, I'm quite pleased to be a AAA member.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

They are definitely not the cheapest, but they have some of the best customer service and dealing with them is hassle free. AAA members get a lot of benefits that other companies don't offer. I've taken advantage of their free towing several times and so have my family members, with no questions ask. The few times I've had to file claims they were always polite and tried to do most of the work for me, and I never felt like they were trying to rip me off. They always respond to my inquiries quickly.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have not had any problems with having insurance through AAA, it has always been a great experience. I never have to worry about getting a flat tire or running out of gas or locking my keys in my car. The roadside assistance is affordable and has always taken care of me in a quick manner when something like that happens. The process is always easy, too, I just have to show my card and they take care of the rest. I can even use it to have issues taken care of for friends and family that I'm with. I can go into the AAA office for things that I don't want to go to the DMV to take care of, too. Plus, my actual insurance cost is lower than anything else I've found.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 15, 2019

June -- 2019 RE: Claim #**. As I sit here on my birthday it's now officially been three months, to the day, that have passed since I have been without a car as a result of a crash that has resulted in my vehicle being totaled, and frankly I cannot continue to be without a car as that is my sole means of income and had I not been able to support myself in the time being with savings and other means, I would have been in a desperate position for anything I could take to get another car, which is exactly what my insurance adjuster, Mrs. Denise ---- [AAA Auto insurance Claims Service Representative ----. Office: Phone Number: (310) 217-5291 Fax: (714) 754-2884] is showing more and more to be driving me towards.

And I strongly believe at this point, with certain intent and in bad faith and against all of the Fair Claims Settlement Practice Regulations, (a) Section 790.03(h) of the California Insurance Code and as of the last email I received from her (6/11/2019) in "response" to my previous email, written as a last attempt to get an answer to ANY of my questions about ANYTHING. I have asked both in that email and any others, including voicemails left to her, most if not all of which I have laid out in specific and detailed way to make it absolutely clear beyond any shadow of a doubt that I have questions and I required an answer for them and listed most if not all of them out in this last attempt email that I will attach to this complaint to just try and get someone to help me stay sane at this point when, after THREE MONTHS without a car, without a single cent or payment for my loss vehicle while still amounting a monthly charge despite it not being usable that I must pay to my insurer until this claim is closed.

(I was informed it was within 30 days that the undisputed amount is to be paid, which as of the day of my complaint I'm writing here has not happened) But since my first email that I received from my adjuster (referencing Denise Joyce when I say "adjuster" throughout my complaint) I have given up all hope of the most basic, basic, basic things I have asked for to ever be answered or even given a thought at this point when as of this day, June ----, sitting at home on my birthday because I have no way to transport myself with the costs I've already acquired doing so, three months from my loss, and I have not gotten so much as a single correct valuation of my car from my adjuster which from the very beginning of our correspondence, first being contacted by her via email on March 21st 10 days after the opening of the claim, has told me to contact her after looking at the valuation report to review it and go over any questions or concerns I may have for her.

I was thanked for my household having had AAA as our insurance provider for 21 years, home and auto, and yet now I literally can't get a question answered for extremely necessary issues at hand both regarding many many corrections and flaws that I have requested in writing and in conversations on the phone as as well as voicemail messages for an answer regarding, all of which to this day have gone nowhere and have been thoroughly disregarded. And in the light of the last email I sent with absolutely specific language to make it absolutely clear and without any rational possibility for excuse that I demanded an answer and it was her duty to both keep her word and required by law to answer, giving 15 days to respond to the email in which, like the email I sent before it, had even relayed the law and attached the specific settlement practice that were to be adhered to.

So it would be inexcusable to say she was unaware of them, nothing but blatant disregard, dismissal of anything and everything I have asked and submitted regarding more aspects than I can list a second time and numerous concerns and questions regarding the still flawed valuation of my loss vehicle that I have not at any single point asked for anything more than reasonable, with documentation in full being provided for each and every aspect of value I asked for consideration.

Still with many incorrect and missing options on both of the two flawed valuations I was given, the second one having the condition rating corrected for my car (literally one month out of the body shop with every single thing imaginable on the exterior being replaced or repainted, all within the last year and the entire front within the last 30 days before the loss with things like headlights alone costing over $1700 WITHOUT installation and purchased from a local BMW dealership and all this work and painting done at a professional body shop) and once the condition rating was corrected I pointed out the original flaws and missing items in the valuation that were still in error.

And then despite the lack of any help (2 months had already elapsed at that point) I am now being told I can either take a hike or pay 500 dollars for an appraisal which I refuse to pay and cannot afford at this point and will not be forced into due to other things that are listed in the email I will attach to my complaint that have blatant disregard for anything I've said at this point and made clear to my adjuster that I will not even consider moving forward to this expensive appraisal when they can't simply answer basic questions, respond to me in a timely manner, give me JUST ONE single correct valuation of my vehicle (essentially making these 3 entire months of receipt sending and question asking and going over valuation reports and calling dealers to verify things and submitting my own research).

Being completely in vain and a waste of 3 months of my time and all my efforts to just get some corrections on my claim and explanations for my concerns like they said I was allowed to ask from the start, and I won't even get into the details I laid out in the emails I have attached. So I'll just say the main blatant things I've discovered that are all indicating the unfair and frankly ridiculous acts and tactics and fraud committed in my claim and continuing to this day at which point I have nothing more to say.

I should note that the last email that I sent in a final attempt to act in a reasonable manner before sending out complaints, which I said in the email to the adjuster, was replied to 6 days after it was given to my adjuster, and like every other aspect in this nightmare of a claim, did not have ONE SINGLE QUESTION I asked of them to explain to me answered in their response like I requested of them to do, in writing.

So that's just another 6 days leading right up unto my birthday just flushed down the toilet like every other delay I've had, and mind you this was CC'd with their manager so I assume they have just as little care in this to help as my adjuster, and they took those 6 days just like the last several months just to tell me in spite of the very lengthy and detailed requests for concerns I sent them in my email, the exact same thing they sent me in the email before it, with all my questions, comments, concerns, etc going just as nowhere as before.

And with the manager CC'd I can't believe the treatment I've gotten and that response really said it all as far as my expectations at this point. The main issues for the CDI to have reviewed aside from the fact it's been 3 months of avoidance from my adjuster and misleading statements and misrepresentation of important facts for my claim such as their convenient presentation of needed information that comes a week after I needed it and did all the work to get them what I was told mattered, like with the receipts I sent in and was told a very limited scope of what's accepted.

Only later AFTER I sent what I was told is acceptable in to my adjuster, I get a long email about absolutely everything that's worth sending in and had so many things I could have added it was a joke, further they would change other information (always in an order that was in their favor) like the distance I was allowed to search for comparable cars in being 75miles from my zipcode. Also noted in last email and attached their own voicemail of them telling me this and sent to them as proof, which later and again AFTER I put in all the work and found comparables and sent them to my adjuster I was then told that was no longer the case. And 50miles from my zipcode was the range to be searched in, you get the idea.

I hope of how this is weeks and weeks and months and effort and so much stress on top of that wasted time to deal with and all with no car. Like try picturing your last 3 months with no car and tell me how good that looks for things. But delay onward they shall. Even better then that is once they chose 3 of the submitted comparable cars I sent them, each being as close as possible to what I could compare my car to in terms of options, condition, local area and mileage, paired with 3 comparable vehicles of the adjusters choice to give 6 cars total, adjusted for mileage and then being averaged out to reach an Actual Cash Value (ACV), resulted in less than the two flawed valuations they send before it.

But that's not the issue, the issue was that the 3 vehicles (of 5 that I sent to my adjusted) used in this 6 car valuation, were cars that I matched as closely in trim, year, make, model, condition, options, etc, to my loss vehicle as that's the way to determine a COMPARABLE vehicle, is it not? My 3 vehicles averaged out to an average of over $8500 dollars after their mileage adjustments, and the 3 comparable cars the adjuster selected, again after adjustments for mileage only, averaged out to $6044 dollars, despite the fact that the cars that I selected had an average mileage of just under 10,000 miles MORE than the average of the 3 the adjuster selected.

Reason being? As noted in the valuation they sent me after changing my condition rating, my car was rated as "new" in condition, at least for the exterior, being a month old, and good for the interior which I wasn't going to argue though pre-loss condition pictures would say otherwise. Nevertheless, the 3 cars I selected even with their mileage being far higher than the the adjusters 3 cars they selected, had a condition to match as much as I could in comparison to my loss vehicle, and the adjusters 3 vehicles, were so far removed from being in the same sentence as something called "comparable" that I can't believe, and certainly I do not, think it's even legal or fair or in good faith to use them and it gets even better from there.

As I said, I gave detailed, detailed reasoning for all aspects of the cars I submitted as comparables, all given in writing with reasoning for each and for why I believed them to be valid and comparable to my loss vehicle, noting the matching conditions and options and trim for each of them in relation to my loss vehicle, thus making them comparable.

But this is the insult and misleading joke of an answer that I get from my adjuster, as the 3 cars they selected certainly commanded their averaged $2500 markdown from the 3 I selected as more things I can list here and my favorites were one of the cars having a front bumper (possibly back bumper too, I posted the listing on a BMW enthusiasts forum and await a response as I wanted to see what some independent opinions on the rear bumper were, as it looked like it was painted the wrong color just like the first one but the pictures taking with the sun at the front put a shadow on the rear bumper so it concealed the color, but time will tell).

And not only was the front bumper mispainted, but it also had a large and noticeable panel gap that could easily fit a thumb in between the upper drive side of the bumper and the hood of the car, that was only on the driver side and made it look like it was sagging in some way. And I called the dealership to inquire about this too as it was in every picture at all angles and not due to shadows or otherwise picture-related distortions but was indeed there and who knows what damage it could have concealed before being incorrectly fitted and incorrectly painted and attached.

Other cars had similar damage and many thousand dollar differences that I entirely laid out to the adjuster in writing and entirely got no response for, as always, and the most best joke of all was the response that I did get, in which the adjuster said to me, literally on its own in a 3 word sentence followed by a period, "options are irrelevant."

If that's not the biggest insult I've heard at that point yet then clearly they have never purchased a car before, because if there's one thing you look at once you got the model and maybe paint color selected, that would be the options, and in something like a BMW, you can double the cars price in options alone in some cases and if that doesn't matter then what have I been sending receipts and arguing with for the two months prior to that which also would be in vain?

OPTIONS! I can't type this stuff out again. It's just pathetic to do someones job and I need a car, I need a way to get to and from work, to get groceries, to spend my birthday with friends and family which instead I'm writing a complaint that's months overdue because I was trying to be more reasonable than deserved for this treatment and frankly anyone else would be in court. So I'll mention the one last complete and utter disregard for my adjusters following of the law or acting in good faith.

And again, this has in voicemail, phone conversation, and multiple times in writing, been relayed to my adjuster and asked for an answer as it was showing even before all of what I just mentioned that this has been going on for the majority of my claim and this goes back to the very first valuation and is detailed further in the email I will attach to this, because what has happened is that on the very first valuation, and the second valuation, and the same valuation that they try and uphold to me as valid despite the numerous flaws, missing options and other errors on top of this fraudulent act, presented to me and used as something acceptable when it is not.

The main concern as far as a legal standpoint is that, if I understood the regulations correctly, any adjustments made to a vehicle used in the valuation as a comparable is to have those adjustments noted and itemized and listed for me to see, correct? Of the 4 cars used, this indeed was done for the #3 and #4 comparable cars (valuation in question will be attached) and is noted at the end of the valuation as it should be, showing that an adjustment had been made for both the #3 and #4 comparables which was added to the original prices they were each listed at vs what they were listed at on the report.

As for the #2 comparable, this dealership was a nightmare and a half to get ahold of and I called several times over several days and not only to the dealership the #2 comparable was sold at, but also other branches of the same dealer group in different locations, to try and make sure that I was not calling an incorrect or out of service number, as I never even got anyone on the phone until the voicemail times out and hangs up the call, also emailing the dealership to get a call back, to no avail.

That was until about 3 weeks after originally calling them, since the same car was used on the updated valuation and it was the only one I had not gotten a verified price on which was until I finally reached someone after calling a different branch who gave me the number I needed to the other dealership selling the #2 comparable which then got me on the phone with a woman who gave me the information I needed. And, after giving her the lot number, and vehicle identification number (VIN) to be certain it was the car in question that the information she gave me pertained to, I was told that not only did it have damage to the front left and right sides of the front bumper (minor but damage nonetheless) but it also had SOLD, not just listed at, but actually sold for $8840.

And the original listing price that it was at before being sold? $8599. The price on the valuation that had not one single note of either of those prices or any subsequent adjustment or alterations in the slightest as the law would require and as the #3 and #4 vehicles both correctly accounted for? $7999. All that I just said about these findings related to the fraudulent misrepresentation I had found were relayed multiple times to the adjuster in voice and writing, and demanded an answer as to how it even could have come about that the $7999 price listed in the valuation could have occurred, with both the listing price and actual sale price of the vehicle being several hundreds of dollars higher on either of them?

Perhaps they had the same notorious difficulty reaching the dealership as I had, and perhaps never did, and thought it was just unlikely enough to fraudulently lower the vehicles price in the assumption that I would neither catch it nor be able to catch it due to the unreachable dealership I needed to verify such a price? They never to this very day have responded to that question or even a single acknowledgment in regards to me even raising that question to them in the first place, and I can't see why they would if they have no possible excuse for this blatant fraud they tried to slip by a 21 year long insured customer.

But good thing I have an entire birthday to sit at home and write complaints, because that sounds like a good time right? Regardless, I've said enough for me to see that none of these things have or will be addressed and I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to get my car appraised with how things have gone up until now. I could only imagine how fun it would be when they get their "independent" appraiser to take a look at my car that has been moved around to 4 dirt lots at this point, 2 of which I have been to, and the one it's currently at being almost an hours drive from where I live, where the loss occurred and where the first 2 lots it was held at are located, gathering dust and surely other kinds of dings and damages that a car with no wheel to even support the front of it would acquire.

And I'm sure the adjuster is just itching at this point to continue in moving further and further away from their fraudulent deceptive act that I have caught them in and gotten no answer for, likely in hopes to have enough time, losses and frustration put between me and their trickery to have me forget it even happened in the first place, or at least long enough to not uphold it in court which you can take your guess on if I deem that and the rest of what I've said, hardly even in detail, to be worth pursuing. As for now, I just want some help and guidance, and request your help on my behalf. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Jordan.

Desired Settlement: To be given the amount that I requested with full documentation and backing and reasoning in detail as to why it was valid, including the math for how I reached the amount and calculations to do so, even using my insurers own math to calculate it (and still shy of what I could argue but I am being reasonable and coming down before just pursuing a bath faith case and a separate tort case for the fraud I have outlined in the complaint). The amount requested is $9303.98. Three months have passed and I can't believe this is how my birthday is being spent and this is still unresolved and getting more and more ridiculous by the day, and I refuse to let it continue.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My wife wrecked my work vehicle, totaling it. It took a week and a half for the adjuster to get to look at my vehicle. Well they totaled it, they sent a Power of Attorney paper over so they could switch the title. The vehicle was in my wife's name, and the policy in mine. They were told multiple times the vehicle was in my wife's name, they sent the POA in my name, I told them it was wrong, they would not email or fax a corrected one over. I had to go get my signature Notarized knowing the whole thing was a waste of time. The next day AAA sends a correct POA over, they towed the vehicle and my lien holder has yet to receive the check, and they add interest every day. AAA is just plain **, I am switching back to State Farm for my car and home insurance.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Back in Dec 2018 I went in to get an International Drivers Permit to drive in Japan. The woman at the counter accidentally wrote on the document Feb 2018 as the start date of my trip instead of Feb 2019 as it should have been. I watched her do this and told her she wrote the wrong date, so she crossed it out and wrote 2019. When I mentioned that I thought that may be a problem she assured me there was an electronic copy that the Japanese authorities could reference. I was hesitant but she was confident there would be no problems.

Once in Japan I had been driving a local friend's car before I went to pick up a rental. The manager of the Budget office took one look at the corrected IDP and refused to rent me a car because of the altered date. When I showed her my receipt for for Dec 2018 and asked about an electronic copy, she was even more confused. First off, there is no electronic system for IDPs in Japan, so the paper document is the only reference for the rental or the police in that country.

Secondly, the document would have been invalidated by the fact that she wrote the date as the start of my trip (flight into Japan) instead of the date I had purchased the document, as is the law for International Driver Permits. I was turned away and thus stranded without a car, and was refused a refund because of a 48 hr notice rule on the rental. Further, I was informed that had I been pulled over driving my friends car, I WOULD HAVE GONE TO PRISON for driving without a license.

Back in the states after missing a flight and being stuck paying for a rental I couldn't use, the woman in AAA Murray Office told me she was sorry for the mistake and they would file it as a trip interruption, and reimburse me for the rental cost and train tickets. She said it would be covered as an interruption and I should receive a check within 8 weeks. That was the last I heard from them. 10 weeks later I called AAA who told me to follow up with the insurance company directly. When I called the Insurance to see where my check was, they had no record of the claim and kept insisting that I had to have been given a claim number by AAA via email when they filed the claim. It was AAA's responsibility to follow up with clients through the process and I had received no correspondence whatsoever.

The insurance agent finally found the claim by searching the database for the dollar amount my claim was for. It was filed with an incorrect address and email, not what I had written on the claim form, so I received none of the updates about the claim. The claim had been denied because "invalid paperwork" was not a covered reason for an interruption reimbursement. This was 45 minutes on the phone.

When calling the Murray AAA office on Tuesday 5/28/19 I was told the manager, Justin, who would handle such things was out to lunch. I called back 2 hours later and was told he was not in the office that day and he would be back Friday. I was given his direct number and left him a voicemail. Friday I called again, left another voicemail. When calling the office number, I was AGAIN told he was out to lunch, 2 separate times, over 2 hours apart. I called again Monday, no answer on Justin's line and AGAIN he was not in the office. Today June 5th was the same story and I left a third voicemail.

I am starting to wonder if this manager even exists or if he is just the worst supervisor in history and never actually works in the office. This is without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and I have documented that this branch has screwed up the following items:

1. Writing the wrong date on an official document (trip start date instead of purchase date).
2. Lying about official rules of said document and correcting it instead of writing out a new document.
3. Trying to sweep it under the rug by filing a third party insurance claim they should have known was not going to be covered.

4. Still avoiding correcting the issue.

Original review: June 5, 2019

One year ago my vehicle was totaled while parked on the street, while covered under AAA auto insurance. I then proceeded to purchase a new vehicle. When I was on the phone with a AAA agent, she told me I would need to pay full coverage for both my totaled vehicle and my new vehicle, which I argued. Once off the phone, I was e-mailed a declaration page stating my coverage ended on May 2019. I called AAA today to renew my insurance, to which they let me know I had NO AUTO INSURANCE for a full year. Apparently I had an outstanding payment of $400 on my auto insurance policy to which I had paid $1,800. AAA did not e-mail or call me to let me know that my insurance was cancelled. I have trouble getting mail at my home as I live in an apartment, so I did not see the notification that I was not insured.

Additionally the full payment they are stating I was needing to pay is $2,200 for one year. This is the amount for TWO vehicles, when one of mine vehicles was totaled in May of 2018. I requested that the totaled car be removed from my policy, it never was, hence my not paying my full policy amount. This mistake is entirely on AAA, but rather than fix it or take responsibility, they let me know it is my fault for not making the full payment. I will never use AAA again and urge anyone else not to.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I wanted to understand my coverage, so gave the woman on the phone a scenario so I she could help me understand. The scenario was: "I accidentally hit someone on a bike and they end up in the hospital. How much of their hospital bill is covered?" She couldn't answer this simple question, and kept talking about vehicle damage and avoiding the answer. I called back and asked a second person, and again, they couldn't answer either. Imagine if the scenario was real! I've been paying $224/mo and can't get any answers so I decided to switch to USAA. When I called to switch, AAA said there was a $288 cancellation fee! They try to trap clients into sticking with poor service and vague terms by charging them to leave. Unreal. It was worth my $288 to leave, as I'm still not even sure what I paid for to begin with.

Original review: May 20, 2019

#1. I have belonged to AAA on the east & west coast for 60 years, yet I'm only given credit for 28 of those years now that I'm living in Southern California. When I joined in '59 in PA this was a national organization and no one ever mentioned through all my moves that the years would not be "bridged" due to CA being a separate organization until I moved to CA in 2016. I have always been treated fairly and loved the membership all those years in CT and PA and have given both my children memberships for a combination of 60+ years. I also have my condo insurance and my son bundled in with my plan. When I addressed this to a person locally in CA-AAA and written letter to CA-AAA HQ, their attitude was polite but apathetic.

#2. In all those years of driving personally and professionally I had no chargeable accidents for 58 years and safe driving awards from a company I drove for... However in 2016 while driving through Pacific Beach, CA on Grand and Lamont I decided to turn into a gas station..big mistake! While checking my blind spot my peripheral vision (which is good by the way) didn't pick up the chewed up curb bordering the entry to the station which obviously had been hit by many other drivers many, many times and was not painted red. This should have only resulted in me hitting my tire, but since there was a sewer below the curb my left tire sank into the sewer grate forcing my car to hit the curb instead of the tire. That not only ruined a perfect driving record but sent my already expensive insurance hundreds of $$ in 2017 and 2018.

Now I haven't had anymore accidents, just 1 in 60 years but they have once again increased my premium. I am a better driver than most people half my age as my driving record reflects, but due to my age I am being profiled as a bigger risk; although CA-AAA denies this. But since I've had no accidents since the one in 2016 the only other reason to hike my premium is "age discrimination". While I'm going to pay the outrageous premium for which I had to borrow money to pay I am sadly going to continue to look for another insurance company.

Original review: May 20, 2019

On May 10 my car was hit by one their insurance member in front of my house. Claim number is **. I had been calling and emailing the adjuster. She always tells me, we need talk the our insurance member. This is not acceptable. My car was parked in front of my house. I feel like this people don’t want to pay for the damages of my car. Worse insurance company ever..

Original review: May 16, 2019

My recent experience with the AAA in Farmington Utah was lacking customer service, rather it was unacceptable. First off training needs improvement on policy and procedures, this needs to be consistent information. I received answers to questions that conflicted with each other (central call center vs a branch). I called the Farmington store phone number twice, both times to be rerouted to their central call center. Why I wasn't able to connect directly to the branch is beyond me. Why have a number if you aren't gong to answer it. I asked my questions, got the answers which I found out later were incorrect AFTER driving to the Farmington branch. I was told by Tiffani ** that she couldn't take our pictures or print them (I had them digitally) because we are not AAA members. I will need to find someplace else to have them printed and come back.

Got the pictures printed and headed back to the Farmington branch for second time. I was then told I was still missing information. I asked Tiffani during the first visit what EXACTLY I needed to bring back with me. There was no mention of missing information/documents. By this point Tiffani was snarky and belligerent. From there Tiffani began arguing with me about whether or not she told me about the missing information. Do you really think I want to drive back to your office for a third time? Tiffani was not interested in listening to understand or offering customer service. She was wanting to be right. I asked if I could email the missing information/documents immediately, I had them in digital form. But Tiffani told me no, that I had to bring them in already printed. It was clearly apparent that she wanted to close the store and not help me. It was 5:45pm, they close at 6:00pm.

If any of my customer service employees treated my clients the way I was treated today by Tiffani ** I would have immediately pulled them aside, had them apologize (whether right or wrong) and possibly let them go on the spot. For a company that is built on customer service, I am shocked that a Member Experience Generalist would treat a potential client in this manner. I can't help but think if they treat potential customers this poorly, I can only image how they treat their actual clients.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Good customer service and responsive to members all the way up to the top executive. Recent email to CEO was responded to within a few days which reflects that the company does listen to its members/customers.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I called to request information to see if the cost of a rental car was covered when I punctured a tire and had to have a rental for 4 days. AAA did not inform me they were filing a claim because of my call and now I have an accident listed on my records and it is affecting getting good rates!!! This is absolutely unacceptable and I can't seem to get it solved!!! AAA has been no help with getting this taken off. I did not file a claim or use my insurance. However, they filed one for me asking questions!!!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

When I move my car and home insurance from Liberty to AAA at the middle of an insurance term and I already paid for next several month to Liberty and I hope to start my insurance in AAA at the end of the term. While the clerk in AAA push me move to AAA immediately and she promised that she will contact Liberty to get my money back. But later on, she did nothing and I was double charge for several months.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was told after I paid my renewal fee that my coverage was dropped due to "too many usages." I was issued a refund and told my suspension was indefinitely. Well apparently there is a limit to how many times you can use the services. I don't understand as to why this isn't listed or stated in any of your advertisements, or websites. I used the services because I purchased them. I have been a member for over six consecutive years, and some years did not even utilize the services. So now that I utilize the services I am told I can no longer be a member. This is very disappointing. AAA DOES NOT HAVE THE CUSTOMERS BEST INTEREST AT HEART. It saddens me to know that this is what happens to customers who utilize their coverage more than once in one calendar year.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Original premium for 5 vehicles & 5 good drivers for 1 year is $5006, and $45 finance charge for 8 months with 10 months installment, total $5366. Called to remove 1 vehicle, and it will cost me an additional $84 a year, thus new total $5450 for 4 vehicles & 5 drivers. What the heck? What kind of auto insurance is AAA selling? It will cost me $756 to cancel the policy. I will probably cancel this policy even if I have to pay the penalty. It will cost me less to go with another company with paying AAA penalty, and same coverage. BEWARE of AAA AUTO INSURANCE.

Original review: May 6, 2019

When we added our teen driver, who has his own car to our auto insurance policy, AAA increased the premiums on ALL our vehicles even though he has his own car and doesn't drive the others. He is not listed as a secondary driver on the other cars either. We switched insurance companies and the new insurance company only charges for the car he drives. We are saving $3,000 a year by switching and keeping the same level of coverage. Calling AAA to stop the overcharging didn't help. Terrible experience with AAA. My experience was they are only interested in collecting your money.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I went in to do a bundle with my cars and homeowner insurance. They called me and told me that I couldn't have homeowner insurance because I live too close to a store and that my house was a risk to be insured by the homeowners insurance therefore I did not apply for any of the above. This is terrible for them saying that they're in an Insurance Company business my house is at risk being close to the store and they can't take that risk. What a joke. I have State Farm Insurance and they covered my house.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I’ve been dealing with AAA claims now for almost 90 days for a car accident caused by one of their insured drivers. It was such a horrible experience that I had to file a complaint to get the AAA adjusters to do their job! They have been and still continue to do everything in their power to make sure I don’t get what’s owed to me on an accident that they are liable for. The adjusters are awful - one even called me Mr. in an email response, after I’d repeatedly spoken with her in the phone, knowing I’m a female and the mother of the driver whose car was totaled. So awful. I would NEVER recommend AAA Auto to anyone and am horrified at how unfair they treat people! And, it was a small dollar accident with only minor injuries - can’t imagine what we would have had to deal with were it a major ordeal! Ughh! Steer clear all! And if you’re in an accident caused by a AAA insured driver, plan to get raked over the coals!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Worst possible experience with the claims department the adjusters are not interested in helping their customers. Very careless attitude. If you are paying for a policy's you should not have to be calling the adjusters so they can do their job. Left a message for the adjuster Jeanette did not hear back in over a week. Had to make another call and spoke to a different representative that clearly did not care about my claim or concerns either. My car was hit by a car that had no insurance and the police report stated that.

It has been 3 weeks and they still have not approved my car to be repair even though I have the non-insured motorist. They said I have to wait a month for them to determine if the car that hit mine is not insured. The person that was a passenger in the car that hit mine said she lived in the car had no insurance and had no driver's license. Also stated in the police report. Meanwhile my car is suffering more damages because of the unattended repairs it requires. Like the rain dripping on the electrical parts... Will not be renewing my policy.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was a insured with AAA for 30 years. I was due to renew my policy and my premium increase extremely high. I had 3 not at fault accidents-rear ended in 15 months. The last accident I was rear ended by uninsured drunk driver. AAA Investigator was very rude. I always felt he felt I was at fault. Having my 10 yr old daughter why would I want to be in accident and risk my life and my daughters? I ended up having to seek an attorney against my own insurance. Otherwise the medical bills wouldn't of been covered. I even had added extra coverage for uninsured motorist. Didn't understand why I had to go through so much stress & anxiety with my own insurance- very disappointed!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I call them, at the first stage, they said my monthly payment is $120, then few days later, they called back and said the payment went up $150. After I cancelled the service. They still required me to provide proof of new auto insurance policy and tried to charge me the fee after I cancelled.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Was in an auto accident where a lady ran in front of me, I hit a bridge column and damaged my vehicle. Elliot from AAA was not only concerned about my well being but he also went above and beyond for me! I am forever grateful and blessed to be a consumer of this Insurance company. Highly recommend!

Original review: April 17, 2019

On September 2018, I had a pipe burst destroying the first floor in my house, which includes half bathroom, kitchen, living room, entrance, hallway, coat closet. I received less than 15k to replace flooring, cabinets, drywall, paint, etc. Not to mention I was told the house is livable without a kitchen. I have four young kids in the house. It is now April and I still have no resolution. My insurance however went up. I should have gotten living expenses to live in a functional home. Furniture that was damaged should have been replaced. THEY ARE THE WORSE INSURANCE. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My home was broken into last week and one of my car fobs was stolen. Since the fob contains a physical key blade, I requested that my car be re-keyed so that the person who stole my key did not return and take my car or have the ability to enter my car and then find out it would not start. I'm sure this would upset the person and thus cause them to vandalize the car.

AAA Claims has denied my request and will only issue a new fob. They have stated to me and I have asked in writing that they understand that if my car is broken into because a stranger has my key and there is damage that it would cost more to replace my car than to re-key the doors and computer system. They understand this and would be happy to help me, once that occurs. They also seem to believe that having my car stolen is better than re-keying the car. I know that we pay a lot of money in car insurance and they should be more interested in protecting the current asset but that does not seem to be the case. Once this gets cleared, our 30 years of loyal services to AAA will be discontinued. On a brighter note, the AAA renters claims department is much easier to work with.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The person that "enrolled" me was nice, but he left the company. The next person that took over my account, well, nice, but I felt like I had to train him on updating my policy. I called to remove my old car and add a new one. A week later since I still had no policy card or verification to pay my taxes with. I called again, and he saw that it didn't go through, and had just added a car, and not removed one. We got that straight, and so I stayed on the phone to make sure he sent it to me (He said it was the fault of the software that it did not get updated).

I then printed off my new policy and went to the license bureau, where they noticed the VIN # was transposed. Called again to correct that, and he blamed someone else in the office. He said the policy card didn't show my car as a 4WD, so he added that... again. Once again I stayed on the phone to get my new and corrected proof of insurance card. It now reads, "4WD name of car 4WD". Guess there is no doubt now that I have a 4WD! LOL. When this policy and my homeowners with them is up, I will go back to Nationwide.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I highly recommend using another glass provider. AAA Auto Glass installed a cheap and defective piece of glass on my truck which promptly cracked. Technicians claim was new damage, but not accurate at all. I would strongly encourage anyone reading this review to select another provider for glass replacement. Simply not worth the $300 to pursue this issue any further. Horrible.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This is my first time that I’ve called AAA for help, and the outcome was extremely disappointing from renowned company like AAA Insurance! On March 25, 2019, during my usual morning ride to the office, my car was rear-ended on Montague Expressway, Santa Clara County, California. This is a 3-car-collision. Mine was the first car (Toyota Prius) which was hit at the back by the second car (Honda Accord) which was hit at the back by the third car (Mercedez).

The next morning on March 26, I called AAA 1-800 and the response was totally rude and disappointing. The representative has shocked me because instead of asking me further details on the accident, and she told coldly me that I should call the other insurance company when I said I was rear-ended. I felt confused as I thought I have the Comprehensive Auto Plan that should provide a better coverage or service than the cheaper package. So I asked if there are possibilities AAA can assist me in such situation but she did not change her tone a bit. She reiterated that I need to file the claim against the other insurance company, and worst of all, she sounded like I’m stupid to even call my own insurance company!

At the end, I talked to 2 insurance companies (Allstate and Progressive) and repeated my answers to their interviews and questionings in midst of my hectic schedules, separately at different times. As stressed as that I can be from this mishap, I am grateful to Progressive, who represented the third car, claimed all the liabilities. Progressive communicated very well, and coordinated the car repair and car rental, all in a timely fashion. So here are my questions. Is this true that we need to deal with the other insurance company if we are not at fault? This doesn’t sound right at all?! Is this the kind of lousy and irresponsible service that we should expect from AAA? What kind of people did you hire?

The other two insurance companies, Allstate and Progressive, represented their companies professionally and showed great experience and affection. They are calm and helpful, and what I appreciated most is when they remarked that they were glad no one was hurt or injured! To me, this is just simple basic gesture that we need in humankind. Please do review the quality and integrity of AAA staff. My family has paid premium price in our insurance plan that included not only Auto, but also Home, Rental, Umbrella with AAA, trusting that your company will provide exemplary services to your clients. Unfortunately, this is not my case. We need to rethink now about our family insurance strategy.

AAA Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is officially a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members, and it operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.

• Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.

• Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover driver and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.

• Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.

• Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky