AAA Auto Insurance

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

About AAA Auto Insurance

AAA provides automobile insurance to its members through 50+ regional branches nationwide. The company offers multiple coverage types, but its auto insurance is available only to paid AAA members. All AAA memberships come with several perks and discount opportunities, but coverage options differ by location.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Well-established company
  • Several discount opportunities
  • Membership comes with other perks
Cons
  • Must have an AAA membership
  • Coverage offerings differ by branch

Featured Reviews

Verified
West Chester, PA

Their customer service is top notch. I 'bundle' my auto and home insurance, and no matter what the claim is, someone is always available to help. I've been a customer for years, a...

Verified
Laguna Niguel, CA

AAA is awesome. The process of filing a claim is easy and the representative was very helpful. It was settled quickly and I was able to buy a new car within a few weeks. Also, the...

What is AAA insurance?

AAA (the American Automobile Association) has been insuring Americans since 1902 and operates in more than 50 independent branches across the country. Since its inception, the company has been known for its automobile and driver safety services. Along with auto insurance, it provides homeowners, health and life coverage and more. It also offers insurance add-ons and policy bundles.

How does AAA auto insurance work?

To qualify for AAA auto insurance policies, you must be a AAA member. A membership also comes with perks like discounts on movies, hotels, rentals and more. Auto policy coverage and discount options vary slightly from branch to branch, but each AAA location offers all the standard coverage:

• Collision
  • Comprehensive
  • Liability
  • Medical payments
  • Personal injury protection
  • Underinsured motorist
  • Uninsured motorist

You can also add several coverage options to your policy. Your local branch could offer:

• Accident forgiveness
  • Custom electronics
  • Loan/lease payoff
  • New vehicle replacement
  • Pet coverage
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Roadside assistance

You can also bundle home and auto policies to save more — depending on your location and insurer, you might be able to add life insurance to your bundle. Other insurance options some AAA clubs offer:

• Collector car
  • Renters
  • Pet
  • Travel
  • Umbrella

AAA auto insurance quotes and rates

AAA membership starts as low as $50 per year and increases depending on your location and selected services. Insurance rates also vary greatly person to person. Your AAA car insurance quote depends on various factors, such as age, location, driving history, credit score and more.

AAA also offers multiple discount possibilities. You could qualify for discounts like:

• Advanced purchase
  • Paid-in-full
  • Vehicle safety equipment
  • Theft recovery devices

AAA auto insurance FAQ

What does AAA auto insurance cover?
AAA offers a variety of coverage options, including collision, comprehensive, liability, rental car reimbursement and more.
What does AAA comprehensive coverage offer?
AAA’s comprehensive coverage pays for vehicle damages from disasters and mishaps like animal collisions, earthquakes, fallen objects and more, while the collision option covers damage if you’ve hit another object (car, mailbox, wall, etc.) or flipped over.
How much does AAA full coverage insurance cost?
Your AAA auto insurance costs depend on several factors, including your location. You have to be an AAA member to benefit from its insurance, so make sure to factor in membership costs ($50+ per year).
Can I cancel AAA auto insurance?
Yes. AAA offers a flexible cancellation policy, so you can cancel over the phone, by email or in person.

Is AAA a good car insurance?

AAA has been insuring American drivers for over a century. For some, it might not be worth it to pay a membership fee for car insurance — but AAA’s discounts and general benefits might balance out membership costs. Overall, AAA might not be the best choice for someone looking for bare-bones coverage, considering the added cost of a membership fee; however, if you want full coverage, policy bundle options and extra perks, AAA might meet your needs.

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 18%
  • 26%
  • 13%
  • 4%
  • 40%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?
    Claims Handling

Reviewed May 19, 2024

The adjuster handling my accident claim is truly understanding and empathetic. Given my deep affection for my car, which I consider more than just a vehicle, it's crucial to have someone who appreciates the emotional connection I have with it. They navigate the process with care, acknowledging my sentiments and ensuring that my concerns are addressed with sensitivity and understanding.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I am dealing with the death of my sister. She had AAA so I need to make sure she was not later on any payments. It was a slow day so they got me right in. For states the gentleman working the reception area was very attentive to my needs so I went to the back office with one lady, sorry I can’t remember her name. She was not 100% sure what I needed so she called over Shannon **. Between the two of them they got me in the right direction. Shannon made the experience very light, something that I needed after working with the other agencies. When I left out of their office, I had a smile on my face and I realized how great people really are to the team at the AAA office in Orville. Thank you and especially thank you to Shannon and her coworker that got me going in the right direction. Thank you

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

The purpose of this review is to recommend Kevin DeRosie, a towing/unlocking contractor who works for AAA in North Shore area! Kevin was my lifesaver for past 10 days. My son, his friend, and son's car was stranded in boundary waters due to lost key. I posted on social media, asking for help and if anyone was driving to Twin Cities.

Kevin reached out to me, introduced himself and explained how there is no reception in that particular area but he can help out unlocking the vehicle and transporting boys part way. Since he knows everyone in the area, he also made arrangement with lodge owners to keep car there and In addition to this, he also suggested locksmith service that opened its doors on Sunday morning, when all other shops and dealerships were closed. I never realized how tight of a community it is and his connections played a huge role in resolving the whole situation. His kindness knows no boundaries and he guided me on best options the whole way through. If anyone needs roadside assistance in North Shore Area, I'd highly advice Kevin's services!

Claims HandlingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2023

The fact that I am taking the time out of my busy day to create an account here and write this review comes from just how impressed I continue to be with AAA. I have them for both Home Insurance and Auto Insurance. Been with them for 28 years. In the last two years my daughter has been in two car accidents, and dealing with AAA has been a great experience both times. The people they hire are excellent communicators (and easy to understand, which I hate to say has become rare in today's world - I am all for diversity but I need to be able to understand them), great follow-up, and they took care of the claim without penny pinching. I have not dealt with the home insurance side in a very long time, but if it's anything like the auto insurance side, I expect them to be equally as great to deal with.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Hi, I’m Alejandro **. I’ve had AAA Insurance for my family for over 4 years now. Never had a problem until I was involved in a car accident on May 5 2024, I was advise by Jasmine ** the adjuster to take my car to a shop near by my home. Called CBS Auto Shop Inc. located 6729 Lankershim Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca 91606 to be inspected by **. While in the shop CBS damaged my car more without my consent for the sole purpose of them getting more money out of the insurance. And now because of CBS Auto Shop Inc. they want me to pay out of my pocket even though it wasn’t my damage from the accident. I submitted pictures of both parties and still denied the claim even though I have full coverage.

Eric from the 2nd Auto Shop where they are trying to fix my car said the damage of my car consists with the accident. The adjuster Jasmine ** is of no help. She told me to speak to Nicole ** the appraiser. She is straight out rude and unprofessional. She told me she didn’t want to hear anything about this case and before she ended the call told me to speak to Larry **. I don’t know but it seems to me that AAA is calling me a fraud, a liar when all I’m trying to do is get my car fixed, but to no avail the claim is being denied. So now they don’t leave me no choice than to get a Lawyer.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I took auto insurance from AAA Carolinas in early 2023 and on 2nd renewal I decided not to continue. Reason; the worst customer service, not responding to inquiries. I will not recommend AAA Carolinas insurance to my friends and family. I am AAA member from last 25 years with no complaints of roadside assistance.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingStaff

Reviewed May 24, 2024

I am thoroughly disappointed with AAA Auto Insurance. I had high expectations given their reputation, but my experience has been nothing short of frustrating. First, their customer service is atrocious. I spent hours on hold just to speak to a representative who was not only rude but also completely unhelpful. When I finally filed a claim, the process was a nightmare. They dragged their feet every step of the way, requiring excessive documentation and multiple follow-ups. It took over a month to get my claim processed, and even then, the payout was significantly lower than what was fair given the extent of the damage. To make matters worse, my premiums inexplicably increased after the claim, despite their promise that filing wouldn’t affect my rates. Overall, AAA auto insurance has been a huge letdown, and I would not recommend their services to anyone. Save your money and time.

Coverage

Reviewed May 20, 2024

If you want to have loads of mail sent to you from life insurance then this is a good deal for you. I repeatedly have requested they stop sending me life insurance adds - I get these 1-2 times per week. Their company is no more than a platform for getting your info and then spamming the heck out of you. I hate this company. I tried using their travel department and it's only good if you book one of their vacations, it's really no help whatsoever. This is a joke.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

I do not recommend anyone to do business with AAA. I was driving on highway and a work truck's tire popped off and debris and lug nuts begin hitting my car causing damage to lights and fender. The driver of the vehicle apologized and was cooperative giving me the insurance information. I called police immediately and filed a police report. I then called AAA and the Adjuster told me that the wir can do nothing to help me with repairs unless the driver calls them and admits it was at fault. The driver will not return the adjuster's call. The driver will not return my call either. I have pictures of the entire scene, the driver and the insurance, and plates and even an officer police report but still cannot get justice or claim to be worked on.

The adjuster seems to have no desire to help an innocent victim. Seems shameful that a company of their stature would be so greedy to duck, run and hide to avoid a small claim as such. What guilty person wants to call and admit their faults so their insurance can be raised. I’m sick and frustrated because I use the vehicle to drive Uber at night and it’s affecting my ability to work because light is malfunctioned. I honestly will never have any dealings with AAA and I advise anyone to run from this cheap, stingy, careless company with mean and careless workers that won’t even immediately escalate the issue to their manager at my request.

I don’t know what to do l! I just wanted my car fixed. It’s not my fault so why do I have to have a nervous breakdown trying to get a simple claim worked on when I have sufficient evidence, pics, police report and even phone number of the guilty party. I don’t like the fact that I’m being put in this situation, as if I broke in the man’s car and stole his insurance papers and took pics of him holding the papers and made up a story. AAA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT VICTIMS OF VEHICLE ACCIDENTS.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 13, 2024

I submitted all the required documents on time and because they don’t have anyone to review they denied my pip because my DOB was included in the qualifying health document. I was able to get another today and submit it. Now they won’t honor my original quote. I would not recommend this company. They don’t communicate and customer service is horrible.

AAA Auto Insurance Company Information