Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.94/5

AAA Auto Insurance

BOTTOM LINE

AAA auto insurance is offered by the Automobile Association of America to its members in all 50 states. Happy customers appreciate the personalized service they receive by working with a local agent and say the claims process is fast and their insurance rates are reasonable.

PROS

• Gives multiple discounts up to 27% to all AAA members
  • Additional AAA member benefits include travel guides and maps for long trips
  • Established company that’s been around for over a century
  • Excellent roadside service
  • Added coverages include gap insurance, rental car reimbursement and non-owner insurance

CONS

• No discounts for teen drivers
  • Available only to AAA members

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1085 AAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

They are definitely not the cheapest, but they have some of the best customer service and dealing with them is hassle free. AAA members get a lot of benefits that other companies don't offer. I've taken advantage of their free towing several times and so have my family members, with no questions ask. The few times I've had to file claims they were always polite and tried to do most of the work for me, and I never felt like they were trying to rip me off. They always respond to my inquiries quickly.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

AAA is a bit pricey, but the coverage is awesome. I can talk to someone at anytime, without any effort if I have a question or need. They have offices all over the place for my convenience and the one near me even has a DMV built into it if I need to pay a registration and get a sticker right away. The claims process is easy and I do not feel like I am ever getting ripped off. It's not great value but good for peace of mind.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have had AAA Auto Insurance for more than 10 years and I have been generally satisfied with the service I have received from the company during this time. More than anything, I've gotten a lot of value from the roadside service offered through AAA, which is unparalleled. Further, I've found the rates to be pretty competitive. That's not to mention the additional discounts I get on travel, entertainment, and dining. I take advantage of these perks at least a few times per year and have saved a fair amount of money in the process. All in all, I'm quite pleased to be a AAA member.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

This was overall a nice company just for the fact that my insurance agent was always willing to make time to take my call or visit with me if I dropped by her office. She always answered my questions and took time to explain anything I didn't understand. The payment amount I had to pay each month has been okay, not many of us like the fact that we have to pay this stuff at all, but for what I got out of this insurance company it wasn't bad. A nice company to do business with. In future, I will probably be staying with them for a long time.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have not had any problems with having insurance through AAA, it has always been a great experience. I never have to worry about getting a flat tire or running out of gas or locking my keys in my car. The roadside assistance is affordable and has always taken care of me in a quick manner when something like that happens. The process is always easy, too, I just have to show my card and they take care of the rest. I can even use it to have issues taken care of for friends and family that I'm with. I can go into the AAA office for things that I don't want to go to the DMV to take care of, too. Plus, my actual insurance cost is lower than anything else I've found.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have pay AAA for 14 years, have my house and car insured by this company this long. Well the last two weeks I try to have someone return my call, left several messages and was NOT able to have my problem solved. I finally decide to call no stop until someone answer. Well they did, but keep transferring me to Texas, them From Texas to California, and both places the most rude employees answer the phone. A loser guy in Texas when I ask his name start screaming asking me why I was swearing. I said to him, "I ask your name," he keep repeating over and over why I was swearing. Is like I was talking to a mad man.

A woman from New Mexico called Lora or Laura **, transfer me to this Texas guy without never trying to help me. I never been so bad treated. What is wrong with these people? Do they HATE their job? Are they paid really bad, to act like this? Finally I got a man in California to help me, but it was like pulling teeth, rude as it gets. I MUST find another insurance.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Purchased insurance from AAA for auto and RV; had to purchase membership. Agent called 8 days later. Said driver was excluded from policy because of a DWI from 2009. Wanted me to sign; I said no; I wouldn't have purchased if I had known this. He never canceled policy or membership though he said he did. So I called to cancel Auto and RV insurance; they did but keeping monthly payment and charging a $54.00 additional charge. I had insurance with Progressive prior and was only switching to save money. I noticed also he excluded uninsured motorist coverage; guess that's why rate was less. Very nice when purchasing; wouldn't even return calls or emails I sent to agent and supervisor to request cancellation.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Files claim over 45 days ago. They never provide status and I have had to call at least 5 times so far asking for status. Answer is always "We are continuing our investigation". Sometimes they ask for more information but they should be calling me asking for this information rather than requesting additional items each time I ask for the status. Don't expect timely claims processing.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I had a car accident 2 days ago and was told I have no medical coverage with my car which has liability coverage only. I called AAA and was told my claim adjuster will call me. Few hours later I received a call from Diane ** who claims she is my AAA claim adjuster. Initially, I thought she was rude to me but when I asked my Aetna representative to call her, she received the same treatment. This lady does not want to do any paperwork which is supposedly her job. She is extremely rude and does not want to work. She tried to make Aetna do her job instead of the other way around.

I do hope nobody gets to meet this lady because your claim will not be process. I hope Aetna will be patient enough to handle my claim. I hope I do not get to encounter this person again. I wish I know AAA's complaint department. Her manager does not sound she will do anything about this incident. I regret leaving State Farm. They are more professional and compassionate.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Two weeks ago I had an accident with my car in which I had full coverage insurance from AAA. My car was totaled in this accident. We have called the insurance company 3 to 4 different times and continued to get brushed off. We had to go out and buy a new car because obviously I need a car to drive to work. Yet still no response from AAA. Very disappointed.

AAA Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Officially, AAA is a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members and operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.

• Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.

• Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover drivers and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.

• Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.

• Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky