AAA Auto Insurance
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Compare other quotes now
InsuraMatch - Powering the ConsumerAffairs Insurance Program

AAA Auto Insurance

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

789 AAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

If you want lose $$ insurance your car with them. They charge you an amount to start your policy and around $350.00 for early cancellation. 11% which it's not describe it in paperwork they send you. WATCH READ FIRST. Associates never mention to you any of this.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

On 02/13/18 at 7 pm I called for battery service which is included with premier level. I was told it was not available in my area this late at night. I was told to call back the next day. I called at 5 pm the next day, I was told a driver would be out with a new battery within the hour. The driver showed up and told me my battery was bad but he is not authorized by AAA to install batteries. I called AAA back and was told no battery service was available in my area. My calls were transferred 3 times after requesting a sup. Finally after 15 min on phone, I was told to drive my car to the store and buy a battery. My car is dead and this is the best they can do. I was sold a level of service they can't provide in my area. They knew my area when they upsold me this service. This co is pitiful. I would not buy AAA ever again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I tried to contact AAA for over 30 minutes for roadside service. The engine in our 2015 Equinox blew up on the interstate and I was stranded in 9-degree weather off the side of the interstate. I was put on hold the first time for 15 minutes and no one ever answered. I called back a second time and it was 30 minutes on hold and never was able to reach a roadside service customer. This was a sunny weekday about 10:30 in the morning so not a high peak time. I finally decided to go to OnStar and they answered within 5 minutes and had a tow truck there within 15-20 minutes. I never was able to speak with AAA and was quite disappointed in their service. I will think twice when renewal time comes around.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I used my AAA service calls, one was for a new AAA battery installed. Today, No crank, no lights/no start. Most likely battery that's fairly new and completely under warranty. I either have to pay for the service call but if I quit and go with a new Auto Service Membership they will NOT HONOR THE 3 year full replacement warranty per "Don". I have been a member for 34 years, and have noticed a real decline in customer service from Triple A, that extends to their service providers. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

After 12 years they sent my renewal check back and said I overpaid them when in fact they cancelled for non-renewal. Didn't tell me for 2 months. I'm still paying and riding around in a new car and get a phone call informing me of the cancellation. New policy would be nearly a $1000 a year more because I no longer qualified for my longevity discount. #SCAMMENOT2.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I've been with Triple A for many years, and customer service was always great, Until now. I got a notice in the mail that a point was added and I have a $95 rate increase. How can I be punished for a violation that doesn't exist officially? My rep was not helpful, and unknowledgeable on the subject Now and I have to wait 48 hours on a manager to call back. I'll be changing insurance carriers. Yes I got a ticket, the ticket was thrown out. They raised my rates on a non existent conviction. Thumbs down on Triple A, I'm done with them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

On December 29th 2017 I called AAA for lockout road service. The temperature was minus 10. I waited 25 minutes to get connected to a live a service rep. The rep I spoke to was horrible. I had to repeat my member number 3 or 4 times. I also had to repeat the location address 3 times as well as the city. I was asked to spell New York. She misidentified me even though I had given my info 3 times. I finally asked her to write my information down. I waited 1 hour for the service truck to arrive. With no show I called AAA and was told that I was listed in Schenectady not Saratoga where I was. After another 25 minutes the service finally arrived. I went to the local office... AAA Northway and spoke to Frank **, Manager and was given a form to fill out to send to Schenectady.

I wanted to cancel my membership and get a refund. Membership was a month old. Frank said he was unable to do anything for me. I sent the form via certified mail to AAA Schenectady and have not received a reply as of 1/31/18. Stay away from AAA...they do not provide the services as outlined in their contract. They have incompetent people working for them and appear not to have a resolution procedure available for members complaints about the initial contact and request for service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I'm extremely unhappy with the service I'm receiving from both of your claim adjusters Mona ** and Owen **. First of all my car was stolen and was found the next day and the motor wasn't running right. It was running fine the last time I used my car which was the Same day it was stolen. I have full coverage on both of my vehicles. So when my car was found I had it towed to Antioch Dealership. The diagnosis was they said it was from wear and tear but my complaint is that the car was not in my possession when this happened so I don't feel it's fair that I have to pay to put a new motor in my car because it wasn't my fault. That's one complaint. The other complaint is when I talk to Mona ** she was not very professional. I call and leave messages and she doesn't call back. The results I got for my car took one month.

I don't understand what took so long and I was never contacted like I should have been and told what was going on. I kept having to call AAA to find out anything. When I wasn't getting information I needed from Moana ** I asked for her supervisor's number. She said her supervisor his name is Owen **. I called him to get information out of him and he kept telling me he didn't have the information but then all of a sudden he pulled it up and said he had it but that all he could tell me was that my car was a loss. It couldn't be fixed through AAA and he couldn't explain to me what the problem was. He kept telling me that I will get the letter in the mail explaining what was wrong with the motor. Also being disrespected by him yelling at me, raising his voice and I don't understand why. I was extremely upset from the results of the car and extremely upset because AAA isn't going to take care of the problem.

I want to go higher up with a different supervisor or superintendent. Somebody that can handle the situation better. Someone needs to talk to these two people because they're rude and disrespectful and I do not deserve to be treated this way. I've had insurance for very long time. Always gone back to AAA and now I'm tempted to go somewhere else. I still haven't got my car back. Now I have to have it towed to a different place to have it fixed and pay for it with my own money. This is not fair. Why do I pay full coverage insurance and I feel like I'm getting punished for something I didn't do I had no control over. I wish someone that had professional experience could call me and talk to me about this situation that I'm extremely unhappy about.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

They were fast, efficient and fair. I would recommend them simply because the AAA discount more than pays for AAA membership which can be handy. But they go up in price every year even though I'm a good customer and insurance rates experienced a dip in my area.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

DO NOT USE AAA- I added a vehicle onto my policy and then after I cancelled my policy because AAA was 50% higher than other car insurance policies, AAA sent me an outrageous bill. I have never had any claims and they are just out to rip you off. I originally gave them a chance to do better on their pricing and their response was "We don't do that". They are arrogant and feel like they can get away with anything.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have been a member for *50 years* this year, and my husband even longer. Starting about two years ago I began having problems with their billing system. I cannot even begin to say how they screwed up our policies, and this past summer sent a certificate of insurance on one of my vehicles, stating that my son was the new owner. That vehicle was sitting in my garage, I never sold to him or anyone. Then they cancelled the insurance on his wife's car. When I asked where they got such erroneous info from, they told me that the Secretary of State told them. I laughed at such ridiculousness, since there is no way they do that. I then asked AAA if they took the SOS's ''word for it" without any proof on my end, and was told "yes."

I even called SOS to find out, and the person could not believe what I was saying. A few months later when I talked to someone else at AAA, and told him what happened, he said that I was given the wrong info and that someone there had made an error... Of course no one would admit it. I just wonder how in the world they came up with it in the first place. I also wonder, how many other members have had this happen or worse. Their billing system is sub par, when it comes to their AAA Master Card division. They claim they do not work together when it comes to recording of monthly payment premiums, and have screwed up mine royally. I am so fed up with how lax AAA has become, that I am looking around for other companies.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have been a Minnesota AAA member for years. I have always found the customer service staff and people providing roadside assistance to be very helpful, professional and generally decent people. I called AAA on 1/4/2018. I called and told an operator I needed a tow to a service shop about 15 minutes away. I asked her to quote me a price for additional mileage for going outside my plan (5 mile max tow). When I asked about the extra fee to have it towed I contemplated going to a higher plan but she stated I could go to a higher level plan but I would have to wait 72 hours.

I said I had an appointment to get my car fixed at 9 the next day. So, I opted to pay to have a tow take me the additional distance without changing my plan. She stated there would be a delay. I called at 6:40 PM that night. I did not hear from anyone from AAA the rest of the night. They stated that they called and left messages for me at 11 PM and 12:20 AM. I have a phone plan that records transcripts of voicemail messages left for me. None of those calls resulted in them leaving me a message and the audio voicemail confirmed that no messages were left.

So, the next day I asked why someone was calling me at 12:20 AM? I stated that a 12:20 AM call would only wake me. And that I was upset they could not have called earlier in the evening if they knew they were going to be that late. I then told them I had to cancel my appointment with the mechanic. I stated that since AAA is the one who did not show for the tow and did not make an effort to contact me in a timely way I should be able to upgrade my membership and not have to wait 72 hours. A customer service person stated she could make it active so that I could use it on Sunday morning (I called on Friday morning).

When I called on Sunday morning I was told that I had to wait until Monday to use the long distance tow. I told them that I had been on the last call to AAA for over an hour and the only reason I waited to call them because I told them I could not use the service until Sunday morning. My last call to AAA customer service was at 2 or 3 PM Sunday. Someone was supposed to be looking into calls of past customer service staff but after approximately 75 minutes my cell phone died. I wound up driving my car to the shop and not using the towing service. On Monday I called the Burnsville, MN office to complain.

They referred me to someone in Michigan. This person has not called me back and it has been over a week since I called her. Also, throughout this process I was told that AAA had a record number of service calls. They asked me to be understanding of their situation. I was understanding but when I asked them to show me the same consideration for me and my situation they could not accommodate me. What is considered a "reasonable" amount of time to wait for a tow... 1 hour, 5 hours, 18 hours? My problem was not the fact that they had delays but how poorly they communicated with me throughout all of this. And, how they either did not coordinate with each other to make sure notes were passed on to others or simply did not call me in a reasonable amount of time. I am sorry but calling me for 5 seconds and then trying to leave a message at 12:20 AM is not making a reasonable effort to communicate with me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When I took an auto policy, the agent did not tell me about hefty early cancellation fee. On the contrary, he told me that the policy can be cancelled anytime without having fine. I should have recorded that conversation. I found out that their insurance rate was the highest and then cancelled the policy. After cancellation that they charged me $350 as cancellation fee. What a rip off. Of course the 11% early cancellation was in the multi page contract that you fail to notice. Never going to get AAA insurance in my life.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My house burned to the ground in the Northern California Tubbs firestorm in Oct 2017. We lost everything; our home and everything in it. We also lost two vehicles. AAA (CSAA) was very good. They found us a hotel to stay in and wired us $10,000 right off the bat. They gave us direct phone numbers for our major loss adjuster, field adjuster, auto claims people and personal property adjuster so these people were all immediately available; no telephones answered by recordings or wading through convoluted phone menus.

The adjusters were kind, smart and helpful. The auto claims people were a little annoying at first but, in the end, they paid our 2 claims promptly. On the homeowners’ insurance, we did not have to itemize every single item of personal property for them (but we did so for our own records) and, with our adjuster’s help, we got the policy limit. And AAA paid our policy limits on Other Structures and Trees/Plants/Shrubs. AAA paid policy limit on dwelling plus 50% upgrade coverage less $85k which we will get when we rebuild or buy new house. In the meantime, we are in a rented house where AAA is paying the rent and has provided rental furniture, TVs, bedding, towels, kitchenware, small appliances (toaster, microwave) and sundries. Overall, I am pleased with how well and how promptly AAA handled my homeowners and auto claims.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Had an accident back in November which I was not at fault. A semi-truck rolled back onto a small car in front of me the pushed his car into mine then another vehicle. My vehicle was towed to a shop then inspected by a mysterious representative from AAA Miss **. I get an email from AAA with a claim number and the name and direct number for **. I call this ** only to get a voicemail. I waited about a week and just before I could call her and the shop I get a call from Enterprise stating that an extension has been placed on my rental. I call the shop and they too have not heard from the inspector. Another week goes by and still nothing, voicemail is all. The shop owner having the same problem. 30 days go by and I get a call from Enterprise, I have used up my 30 days with the rental. I call the shop and car still not ready. I call Miss **and again, voicemail.

A month and a week with my car in the shop and very disappointed with the end results. Cars missing parts, paint looks as if it were spray can painted with Rust-Oleum. The shop did guarantee the work for the life of the vehicle, not ever recommending this shop. But that’s not really their fault as they never received an estimate or report from AAA. Had they did they could have done a way better job than this garbage preschool job. They simply received a check from Miss ** and made it work with what money AAA gave them. 2 months now and still no luck getting a hold with Miss **. Anyone reading this, stay far away from AAA Insurance. Not worth the hassle especially when it involves an accident. Maybe it’s a South thing. Where I come from if in an accident you don't get your car back until the state inspects it and the insurance adjuster inspects it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have been an AAA member since 2008 and did renew my membership too late in 2015. As a thank you for being a 7 year+ customer I had to start as a new member, but without the nice benefits from the new membership. They are not better than what I had before with Allstate, in the contrary, Allstate was more forgiving and understanding when it came to claims to (some other stories here to tell, why they let me pay full coverage for a fully paid car after three years, based upon a "fictitious" value).

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Had experienced a catastrophic injuries and AAA adjusters talk directly to doctors and medical providers to DENY and ultimately oppress access to care for insured. ONLY TO SAVE MONEY! This has happened with every case manager every AAA adjuster. Hires to do things "RULE OUT" Traumatic Brain Injury issues like seizures, PTSD etc to save money. Case Manager met with doctor BEFORE the doctor was allowed to even speak to me!! After this I lost ALL my critical medical that I had been receiving.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I've been a Premium Plus RV member for over 12 years with only 3 requests for service in that time. AAA has never provided service to me as outlined in their member benefits. Only once was I reimbursed for services after I had to find my own tow service in the middle of a blizzard, after waiting for 3 hours before they determined they could not help me.

This last time, I was in a rollover accident on Dec 29, 2017, taken unconscious to the hospital, while my vehicle was towed to an impound lot (not by AAA). While I was still in the hospital, I requested AAA to tow my vehicle to my property 40 miles away to avoid further storage fees. Since I couldn't be at the vehicle to "meet" them, they refused service. I contracted with the tow company to deliver the vehicle to my property for a total bill of $1297.00. I submitted a reimbursement form and was again denied. AAA hid behind obscure policies and procedures to avoid paying out for services due their customers. I will never again be a customer of AAA and will adamantly refer friends, family, and others away from AAA. They are a scam, and should be sued under class action.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 3 hours of waiting the AAA tow truck never showed up. The truck driver lied and said he had come to jump my car. He never came to the vehicle at all. I had no less than 8 calls and messages trying to get AAA to come out today. I even had the tow truck driver's number. The last time I called him he said he was about 10 minutes away. I waited 25 minutes and still no show. I've waited another 30 minutes on the phone trying to get it complained into the AAA line. Still no response. And I have been a AAA Plus member since 1981!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I am 78 years old and have a good driving record. No accidents or DUI. However I did receive a speeding ticket back in February. First and only one, I paid a 185.00 fine. AAA raised my premium from $89.00 a month to $145.00. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

When I called to report that I had a flat tire it was 10:30 am. Currently writing this review in my car as I wait for the truck to come. The time is 1:10 pm. I have been waiting for over 2 and a half hours for this sleazy piece of ** driver while he is on call. Triple A and their representatives can go ** themselves. These ** need to realize the amount of time they waste for other people. So Triple A suck my ** you half **, half witted, ** dense company.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I am so disappointed with TripleA. I've been a member for more years than I can remember. Called out TripleA because my car wouldn't start. Battery died. I ended up paying $124 to have the cheapest battery replacement. THEN, I find out that Autozone had the same battery at $59 with free installation. I have sent so many messages to AAA. I complained that they shouldn't fleece the members like they obviously do. They replied to a few emails... But now... NOTHING. TripleA... You're a disgrace.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I am writing this review particularly about an agent from AAA Ynez Rd, Temecula. Her name is Rupali **. I came in December 4, 2017 to get a separate auto policy from my ex-husband. She was accommodating at first. She asked for $250 to start my policy. I thought everything was alright until 2 days after, I got a call from her saying she couldn’t process my policy because my ex cancelled my membership. She said that she needs an additional $45 for membership so she can process the policy. So technically, since she couldn’t process my policy, I was driving my car without insurance. The same day she called me (Dec 6), I went ahead and signed up with Allstate and I was insured the same day without paying for any membership.

So I called her (the same day, December 6) and told her just to cancel my policy and that I signed up with different company. She said she will take care of it and that I will get a refund in 7-10 days. Yesterday (December 18), I received a letter from AAA saying that my policy will be cancelled January 2018. I called Rupali right away, and told her about it. She said she was with another customer so she’ll call me back. I waited the whole day. I sent her emails and called her and NO RESPONSE at all. Not even a decency to call back. So today, December 19, I went to their office and spoke with a manager. The manager sent an email to the underwriter and I still don’t know what’s gonna happen. The manager told me to call her for updates so we’ll see...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This incident happened on December 12, 2017. I was driving an 87 Chevy pickup truck. I was parked in a business location. Upon finishing my Christmas shopping I returned to the truck around 11:00 p.m. I had noticed my car door would not open on either passenger and driver's side. Mind you it was at least 38 degrees outside on top of the rapid wind conditions. I tried for another 30 minutes to pry my door open. I called AAA dispatchers and someone arrived 12:30 am to attempt to unlock my doors. The representative finally told me he was unable to open the doors using all the tools he had in his truck, he said he would send for a tow truck to come and retrieve my truck to tow to my home. He left around 1:15 am. This number 314-523-7350 from AAA called to tell me someone would be out there 2:30 am. 2:30 am arrived. No one had still come. Temperature's steady dropping and wind progressing.

I called the number again and they apologized for the wait but said someone wouldn't be coming for another HOUR! At this point I was fed up & cold. No one not one person was able to come until 4:15 am!!!! I was livid. The tow truck they sent me told me the other driver simply did not show up and no one communicated that to me or to him. He took only 15 minutes to hook the Chevy onto the tow truck. We left the location at 4:30 am! Imagine if I had small children with me I probably would've called the police. Being that you have to stay with your vehicle so the dispatcher will see you prevents anyone from walking a mile or two in case they need to go somewhere for shelter.

This was unacceptable and I am currently looking for another auto insurance roadside company to give my money to. Valued customers in fact human beings shouldn't be treated like this! There is no communication between dispatchers and the calling center. Something has to be done or you will soon find your company under a lawsuit. I write this review to warn others of this mishap. The tow truck man even informed me that this unfortunately happens all the time and is unacceptable. What is your explanation for this & what are you going to do about it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I removed coverage. While in their office I was specifically told how much my payments would be and that I would not even have to make a payment in November as I had made overpayment. Then received a bill in the mail in December for $75 more a month. Then I'm supposed to be paying and when I call them they tried to say that I underpaid, I missed a payment and they had no record of my visit in their office in October, I feel this is very bad business practice and this is not the first time they have done something like this to me. I feel like I'm being stolen from and there's nothing I can do about it and we'll be looking for a new car insurance company as I am fed up with AAA Auto Insurance. Bad Business practice.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I was involved over the weekend in an accident where I was rear ended. I had a witness who gave a statement and AAA agent lied to me about my witnesses statement to try and make it my fault to raise my premiums. Should have never left USAA. Getting an attorney now! This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with AAA. Their agents have a script of garbage to tell you to make you think you have no case! Cancelling my Auto Club membership and auto insurance. They are scammers and should not be able to do business in this country!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I received a false insurance quote from Jessica ** of AAA. Then after I gave her my billing information, and all, her quote went up from around thirty three dollars to around thirty nine dollars. She insisted I switch from Liberty Mutual, who is superior, to Triple A, and pay more for it. That does not make any sense, and when I complained to The Department of Insurance, she lied of course. Nobody beats Liberty Mutual, and my reason for this review is that I am angry with Triple A, for stooping so low, and wasting my precious time. They should listen to their tape recorded phone calls, instead of taking the word of their employees, or anyone else for that matter. The Department of Insurance should NOT make false assumptions, and allow their clients to respond, before closing a case in favor of AAA. The calls ARE supposed to be recorded!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Always received mail to join AAA, so after some thought and 3 vehicles I decided to join and choose the Plus membership for $94.00 (to get more mileage for towing). Will NOT renew. They use contractors and do not communicate with a customer. First tech came out from KAM. What a disgusting, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional person. He was shaking his head as I told him I requested my car to be towed to my house. So what the battery is dead, why would have I waited to get a jump??? Duh, I know it’s more than the battery, so he just looked like he did not want to do the job. His whole demeanor said it all. I already was pissed from the call with the 2 agents as they do not explain why they ask so many questions. I just want my car towed to my house, can we get that done please?!? Don’t tell me how long I been a member blah. Are you able to assist me? That’s all.

Needless to say, the tech was just so ugh. I became uncomfortable and my gut feeling said, "Nope. Cancel!!!" I went home after waiting almost 2 and half hours. Why pay so much money for crappy tech and service??! An hour later I requested a tow and KAM company again accepted the call but a different guy came out. He was very very helpful, informative and telling me all what he was doing.

The first guy was a true **. He must NOT like his job. He even told me why he was doing it because I am a “woman" and women need to know that way there isn’t no misunderstandings. Very nice guy. But too bad. Next year for renewal forget AAA. I WILL NOT RENEW due to their sorry way of not communicating and poor service. Oh and I used TWO tows not one on that same day. Was I able to get it revised? Nope. Just money hungry company that do not value customers or understanding. I received no confirmation number on the call, no name of tech. No courtesy call to tell me he was in route or late. Nothing. Second guy, yes. He was very very nice.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

You want to save money, right? Me too. Most of states, insurance companies provide you "loyalty discount" longer you stay with them, but some states they don't. After I researched, I found out AAA do in my state too. I went to AAA office to get quote. I provided personal information include violation information. Based on your traffic tickets, I clearly understand my premium rate go up. One of question is how many mileage I drive. Most of people claim for about 12,000 per year unless you know you drive a lot more than this.

Also they asked for how many mileage you do have now. You think they start to calculate your estimate yearly mileage start from effective date, right? The answer is NO. They have access to your latest smog test record and get mileage information. Your "estimated yearly mileage calculation " is based on between the day you had smog test and the date you get quote. I had smog test on 8/1. I got quote on 11/1. So based on mileage between 8/1-11/1, they will calculate your "estimated yearly mileage " so if you had driven many mileage for traveling or guests were in the town on this period, it will affect you "AT TIME of underwriting process of your policy". They do not calculate for you at time you get quote. And you see this effect AFTER you signed paperwork. Also they will not explain to you that they really access to your record and calculate your "estimated yearly mileage".

So on first statement, I see $470 increase. What you do? I contacted with my agent. According to agent, estimate is based on your driving behavior. Well, why they don't give me a quote based on how underwriter calculate mileage instead of asking me "what is your yearly estimated mileage“??? Then, they will tell you that cancelation fee is 11% of your annual premium if you cancel for your first year and they re-calculate your policy as short term policy and charge at refund process. So I had 2 peoples on my policy. My early termination fee itself end up $300. Just be aware, they know what they are doing. That is why they set up 11% of early termination fee for first year to make sure you are locked with them even though your rate go up for any reason.

Conclusion: AAA has early termination fee for 11% of your annual premium amount only for first year and also they re-calculate your policy as short term policy and charge you for remaining balance if you request to cancel. AAA has access to your actual mileage from smog test, and calculate your estimated yearly mileage is based on between the day of smog test and quote day when underwriter process your policy, but they don't do same method when they give you a quote. I never heard any of insurance company really calculate your mileage with using smog test record.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I was the victim of a AAA insured driver who decided to whip an illegal u-turn right into my lane from behind a row of stopped cars (couldn't see him at all until in my lane). AAA took full responsibility for the accident (which I happened to have on video). They fairly quickly settled on my vehicle (motorcycle - totaled), but the rest of my claim (all of my gear - which saved them thousands upon thousands of potential medical bills) is STILL dragging on! I've had to eat the bill for replacing all of it, but they are just dragging their feet. All calls and voicemails are just ignored. Everything has been submitted to them two months ago (took them 2 months to request everything they "needed"), but still sitting here holding my bill with nothing from them. About ready to have my lawyer give them a ring...

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is officially a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members, and it operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.

• Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.

• Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover driver and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.

• Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.

• Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

www.aaa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use