Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
3.83/5

AAA Auto Insurance

BOTTOM LINE

AAA auto insurance is offered by the Automobile Association of America to its members in all 50 states. Happy customers appreciate the personalized service they receive by working with a local agent and say the claims process is fast and their insurance rates are reasonable.

PROS

• Gives multiple discounts up to 27% to all AAA members
  • Additional AAA member benefits include travel guides and maps for long trips
  • Established company that’s been around for over a century
  • Excellent roadside service
  • Added coverages include gap insurance, rental car reimbursement and non-owner insurance

CONS

• No discounts for teen drivers
  • Available only to AAA members

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

AAA is awesome. The process of filing a claim is easy and the representative was very helpful. It was settled quickly and I was able to buy a new car within a few weeks. Also, they are willing to find solutions and discounts to match premiums with what you can afford.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

AAA insurance is less expensive than Liberty Mutual and Allstate. I was with Liberty Mutual for 10 years and became more and more expensive and I never made a claim. Before I was with Allstate for over 30 years and only had a minor non-chargeable accident 15 years before I dropped them. AAA Insurance (the auto company) is out of California and customer service is excellent.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have been with Automobile Club of Southern California for over 15 years. The price is very good and they also will give me 9 months to pay or a 12 mo plan. I chose the 9 mo plan. If anything happens just call the 24 hour dispatch and you get immediate help. Ask if you are ok, is your car driveable, if not where do you need it towed - home or repair shop. They get right on your claim. I was hit in the rear sitting at a red stop light. Did not have to pay a deductible. They also kept me updated on the status of the claim. They also have a class called Drive Sharp on the computer for elderly drivers. When you complete it you get a 4% discount on it. You also get a discount for parking in a garage, multi policies and good driving record. I can also get my tag there any any other DMV services. Love this company.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Was in an auto accident where a lady ran in front of me, I hit a bridge column and damaged my vehicle. Elliot from AAA was not only concerned about my well being but he also went above and beyond for me! I am forever grateful and blessed to be a consumer of this Insurance company. Highly recommend!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

We have had AAA for over 40 years and we have our auto policy and homeowners insurance through them. It cost a bit more than other carriers, but you get more bang for your buck. Also, in Arizona there is not a deductible for glass breakage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have been a AAA customer for over 10 years. They have covered my home and 3 vehicles. Never had an issue, until I was involved in an accident and my vehicle was totaled. I carry full coverage insurance on all my vehicles, I supplied AAA with all the documents they requested immediately. It has been 3 months they have not paid off my vehicle. They took possession of my title and the vehicle but never paid it off. I feel like they stole it and no matter who I call or complain to nothing gets done. I have to keep paying on the loan and I had to replace the car. So now I have 2 car payments. I feel what they have done is criminal.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have recently signed up with AAA because they were definitely cheaper than Farmers and Liberty Mutual. I had to make a change to my auto policy, so I waited until the premium was paid and then made the change. My next bill wasn't due for 16 days, but they charged me the full amount, no proration or anything. The rep just kept telling me I would see the prorated amounts in future payments, but what I couldn't understand is with all the technology we have today, why a payment couldn't be adjusted in 16 days. The rep kept saying once the bill is generated they can't make an adjustment. I said logically that doesn't make sense. I made the change 16 days ago and your system can't make adjustments. This is pretty scary, a system that can't make adjustments. I'm not impressed.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

AAA insurance takes months to reimburse the insurance costs. They keep collecting the money from the customer account, but always blame the owner of the car. Here is known culprit: ** Policy Services Supervisor 12901 North Forty Dr, St. Louis, MO 63141 Office: (800) 222-7623 ext. ** Fax: (657) 231-7920 Attn: **. And His manager is another CROOK. **

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I called Triple AAA insurance to submit a claim. The first call I waited over 15 minutes, tried another AAA number, waited over 25 minutes, finally called the emergency service number and waited over 7 minutes to speak with a rep! I was told my ETA for locksmith to be there to unlock my door was 45 minutes. After 1 hour I called AAA back to find out that my claim was canceled and no one was coming out to unlock my door for me. Wow!! At this point pretty upset with AAA and decided to pay $50 out of pocket for a locksmith to come and unlock my door. I will not be renewing my AAA car insurance next year. They are not #1 in customer service anymore in my book. Thanks triple AAA for wasting my time and money!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Recently my car was in an accident, rear ended. My claims rep told me she left a message to the other insurance company. A month later, still no one to contact. I then find out because of Basic Coverage (liability only) that my claims rep refuses to help “step in” because of it. So apparently Basic coverage helps the other person and not myself. Got it. That’s a shitty plan. 3 stars because roadside assistance came in handy. I just don’t believe paying extra money on an older vehicle. So 2 stars off because my claims rep wants to help the other party and not me when the accident was not my fault.

AAA Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Officially, AAA is a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members and operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.

• Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.

• Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover drivers and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.

• Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.

• Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky