Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

BOTTOM LINE

AAA auto insurance is offered by the Automobile Association of America to its members in all 50 states. Happy customers appreciate the personalized service they receive by working with a local agent and say the claims process is fast and their insurance rates are reasonable.

PROS

• Excellent roadside service
  • Gap insurance, rental car and other add-ons available
  • Gives multiple discounts up to 27%

CONS

• No discounts for teen drivers
  • Available only to AAA members

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

AAA is awesome. The process of filing a claim is easy and the representative was very helpful. It was settled quickly and I was able to buy a new car within a few weeks. Also, they are willing to find solutions and discounts to match premiums with what you can afford.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

AAA insurance is less expensive than Liberty Mutual and Allstate. I was with Liberty Mutual for 10 years and became more and more expensive and I never made a claim. Before I was with Allstate for over 30 years and only had a minor non-chargeable accident 15 years before I dropped them. AAA Insurance (the auto company) is out of California and customer service is excellent.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have been with Automobile Club of Southern California for over 15 years. The price is very good and they also will give me 9 months to pay or a 12 mo plan. I chose the 9 mo plan. If anything happens just call the 24 hour dispatch and you get immediate help. Ask if you are ok, is your car driveable, if not where do you need it towed - home or repair shop. They get right on your claim. I was hit in the rear sitting at a red stop light. Did not have to pay a deductible. They also kept me updated on the status of the claim. They also have a class called Drive Sharp on the computer for elderly drivers. When you complete it you get a 4% discount on it. You also get a discount for parking in a garage, multi policies and good driving record. I can also get my tag there any any other DMV services. Love this company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I was surprised to find out AAA offered car insurance in addition to road service. Their rate was far more competitive than the other insurance companies I have dealt with. There was also an additional discount because I bundled road service with car insurance.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Was in an auto accident where a lady ran in front of me, I hit a bridge column and damaged my vehicle. Elliot from AAA was not only concerned about my well being but he also went above and beyond for me! I am forever grateful and blessed to be a consumer of this Insurance company. Highly recommend!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: March 25, 2020

We are in the middle of a global pandemic, I called to have my payment deferred, not only did they not show any sympathy, but basically said, "Too bad you lost your job, we can’t help!!" Seriously.... So disappointing!!

Original review: March 17, 2020

I had a good insurance policy with ALL STATE till I got a shiny colorful package from AAA claiming that they would save me money if I would change my policy to AAA. I called them and I was transferred to a sales person called SEAN **. He sold me a policy and yes it was a little. NOT the numbers that they claim cheaper than all state. BUT recently I got into an accident I found out two out of my three cars don't have collision coverage, something that the salesperson didn't mention to me and I HAD collision with ALL STATE, that was why AAA was a little bit cheaper, It is three weeks that I have been calling different offices of AAA. NO luck, they are all playing game with me. I am so frustrated that the only thing could do is to write this review and let others don't make the same mistake that I made.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Making a complaint for ** at GALKA AAA 125 E Maple Rd, Michigan... Ms. Ms. ** delivers unethical, unprofessional conduct. It's very rude and treats customers badly, embarrassing the culture of AAA. She takes advantages of customers age, and lack of understanding English. She hungs up on the phone, refuses to put a manager on the phone, does not provide phone number for the AAA complaint department the worse provide intentionally wrong information trying to steal money.

The car was declared total loss from AAA and she stated I should have called a month a ago to cancel the policy. Seriously Ms. ** why should I have called to cancel when it was your adjuster who called and notified me the car is a total loss. Didn't you know Ms. ** that AAA has already the title of the car? Don't you know the insurance gets cancel automatically once it has been found out it's a total loss? What indeed you have been covering for the last month because AAA has the car for a month now? Are you trying to steal a premium from a 82 years old person who has lack of understanding English? Shame on you and your leadership for allowing you to discriminate an old customer, with a lack of communication in Engish and using the power to play with my money and trust.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Hi. So I decided to go with AAA insurance rather than some of the other cheaper companies because some of their reviews were so much better and they seem to make sure that I thought I was going to be completely covered if God forbid there was ever an accident! Well God forbid there was and my husband‘s truck was totaled! The truck was financed so currently still owe 4000 on it AAA turned around totaled it and offered me $1500 and doesn’t see why I am so unhappy and upset. Now they say, "Sorry ma’am but we do not cover replacement of your vehicle. Only the worth of the vehicle in your area!" Hello. What’s the point of having insurance if it’s not gonna cover what you are paying for the vehicle or what you have paid for the vehicle. That’s the point of insurance correct?!

Mind you when I insured it they specifically asked was the vehicle leased and or financed and I told them it was. Never did they say or make it clear that I would not get that if God forbid it was ever totaled! So now me as the consumer still go $3500 on a truck that’s totaled and I’m out of vehicle. Tried having AAA explain this and work with me on it but were unwilling to so my advice to you is do not go with AAA insurance. I recommend someone like Liberty Mutual or some of the many other ones that guarantee at least to replace your total vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Took my rear ended car to the body shop recommended by AAA claims adjuster as their preferred vendor for an estimate. Did not hear back from the body shop for 5 days. Called my adjuster to report the issue. Adjuster seems to be under the impression that I did not take my car for an estimate and became very rude, condescending and disrespectful. Spoke to me as if AAA was doing a favor to fix my car. I requested to change the body shop as I could not trust them which the adjuster seems to not like. I hope AAA management takes note of the reviews here and improves their customer service. Thank you!

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

AAA Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Officially, AAA is a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members and operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.

• Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.

• Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover drivers and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.

• Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.

• Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor