2.54/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AAA Auto Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

741 AAA Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This was the worst experience ever with roadside insurance! The roadside took 2 hours to come to me. I was downtown Pleasant Hill. The first dispatcher said, "45 minutes or less and you will receive a text message with updates"... lol. After 1 hour waiting I called again. Another dispatcher said 50 minutes more. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said in 30 minutes he will be there. Again after 35 minutes and nothing. I called again and guess. The supervisor didn't talk to me. Very disappointed with AAA and I am PREMIER MEMBER. The worker came there with no clue how to even find a spare tire.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My ex got credit cards in my name, some of them even before we were married. When I divorced him, I have a court order that removes my liability for those cards. The Revised Renewal Declaration Certificate received from AAA does not explain codes used to increase my policy by $200 annually. They will not call me back and I know that part of the reason is because of the credit card debt still showing on my credit report even though I am not responsible for it. There are other codes that I have no idea what they mean.

In 2016, the water pump went out on my car while I was stuck in traffic due to an accident. It was July and at the time I was still undergoing chemo treatments. I was told to stay out of the sun. I got my car off the road and called them. I asked if my dad could wait with my car because it was hot and the heat was making me ill. I was told that I had to stay with the car and it would be 2 hours before a tow showed up. No compassion or understanding for what a cancer patient goes through either. Two strikes and they are on their way out; getting rid of them ASAP and do not recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

With a dead battery call to AAA, I was told they'd be to me within the hour. The app showed they arrived 45 minutes later. When I call after the 1 hr I was told they'd come within 2 more hours. They did not. They closed out the call without ever coming.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

During the last four months, I have consistently had problems paying my auto insurance bills. I'm sent a statement for so much but, when I go to pay this invoice amount, I find it is not correct and there is no way to pay the correct amount??? This is getting ridiculous! When are they going to get 'Sally to talk to James?' Who's coordinating this? They really have problems!!! You would think a large company like AAA/CSAA would have their 'act together!' Hope they see this as I'm sure, many customers are as 'upset' as I am.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

When I was getting a loan for my car it was suggested that I go with AAA for insurance for whatever reason... they charged me $118 a month. Then the following year it suddenly dropped to $97... I thought, great! A few weeks ago I had to update my address -- same state, just different city. I was told by Jason that my rate would not change, despite having a new zip code.

Then suddenly a few weeks later, they increased my rate to $143 a month!!! I called customer service and they said the zip code did indeed increase the price. I told them I was going to shop around for a new insurance and the representative said there was a penalty for canceling within your term... I think that's absolutely ridiculous!! This is such a ripoff!!! Don't waste your money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Recently I used AAA Auto Insurance for a lockout. They were fast, efficient, courteous, and you can track exactly where the driver is. It really takes the stress out of being stranded.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I was in an accident on 7-24-17 with an AAA insured. The adjuster is John. He did all the interviews. John decided to ignore on the investigation on the police report said and is going with what his insured said. Now I guess I'll have to get an attorney. This is so sad. I thought AAA was one of the more reputable companies. I have Geico and they will decline their request for payment because I have liability only and they believe the police report. Don't use AAA. The representative is very rude and didn't response phone call for most of the time.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

One of their clients rear ended my car. They did nothing to help me with the claim, in fact, they avoided me for weeks. They bounced me around to different people all over the country. CO CA MD never giving me a straight answer about my claim. It took nearly a month to authorize a rental car, while I was driving around as it turned out as a totaled car. The car was in the collision center and they were fighting for the permission to do the work on my car for all most 2 weeks. Then got approval, ordered all the parts, had my car disassembled and on the rack only to be told car was now totaled and they were salvaging the car as total loss.

Meanwhile I'm out of town thinking all is well and my car will be fixed. Then I get a call the day after the collision, shop says they are fixing my car back to factory standards. Not so fast, the next morning AAA calls and says, "sorry we are totaling the car as a loss." Then said, "we need to salvage car asap," stop my rental, and supposedly cut me a check for replacement value. First they quoted me a value $1500 dollars less than replacement, had to fight for accurate value. Then they rushed to salvage my car and didn't cut me a check... so in actuality they stole my car from the collision center and didn't give me a dime. They sent me an email while I was out of town saying we need power of attorney to release the funds. So I had to print forms and next day air a notary signed form by my cost of $43.20 to maybe get my money released to me for a car they already took (stole) without compensation.

It’s criminal what they have done to me. I am seeking litigation for the mental stress this has caused me. This situation is still not resolved to this day. My claim started 6-14-17 and it’s 8-18-17 over two months and they stole my car 2 weeks ago, with a letter of intent to pay... that a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. So anyone out there thinking about AAA for anything beware they are criminals!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

After a horrible hail storm my home had almost $40,000 in damages. AAA sent an adjuster out from another state and company, sure he'd never seen hail damage or the price of things in Colorado. They have now had all the information for restoring my home to its original condition for 3 months. They sent me a check for about $17,000. When you try to contact them they never return phone calls and then the person handling the claim has been changed and even my agent in Colorado has pushed it off on another person in her office. This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with and no one should ever do business with them!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I recently decided to get a membership and insurance. My insurance company who I had been with for 12 years talked me into staying with them. So it being the weekend I phone Triple A back only to discover I could not get a Human or anyone online until Monday morning. I get online with my agent and he assures me that all had been canceled. I bought the membership and insurance on the weekend of July 24th. Next I receive a membership card in the mail. I call back and speak with an associate and ask if my membership had been canceled. I was told I had. Then I asked the associate if the insurance had been canceled, I was put on hold because they were not sure. I was then told yes. So I asked the associate when the membership had been canceled and I was told the 23rd which was a lie, I bought the thing on the 24th. I then asked when the insurance was canceled and was told today, this was on the 30th.

Last Thursday 11th of August I receive a box with a thermos and welcome to Triple A papers. I call back and again ask them about refund. Was told "oh yes you have a refund of 49.00." Coming for the membership now they took 2 checks for 50.00 from my account. I asked, "Why 49.00?" "We are charging you a processing fee." I was told that both checks were on the way to expect them around the 14th. It is Now August 15th. Guess what? No Check. I call Triple A again and was told that the refund for the membership was issued on the 11th, so I asked about the 50.00 was told "oh that is being processed today." I have never in my life been lied to by so many people in one company as this one. I feel there is no moral integrity at this company, they just lie and tell you whatever to get you off the phone. Yet they have no problem taking your money, which for them seems to be the only thing that matters.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

The worst ever!! They suck. I was stuck one hour away from home as my car over heated. I call AAA and purchased their second most expensive plan for I believe 105 dollars. I then got my membership number right away. It was supposed to cover up to 100 miles. I was 53 miles away from home. I call to get a tow. The lady on the phone says I'm not covered. I said, "What do you mean? I'm covered for 100 miles." She says, "No I'm sorry. You only have partial coverage for 5 miles. You don't get the full benefit of your plan until 7 days after you purchase it." What a kick in the teeth!! It cost me 235$ to get my car home plus the 105 I spent on the membership itself!!! TOTAL RIP OFF!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My fiance & I financed a newer car. We had AAA in the past & was told we could keep our rates just switch over to other vehicle. Well. That was **. $361 later, per month. Yea no. Not affordable at least for us. Dustin, the man helping us... helping. Ha! At first he said we weren't allowed to cancel, then we found out it was because he didn't finish the process & was attempting to buy himself some time. We weren't active when we called to cancel being we did this on Friday & cancelled Monday morning. Here we are almost 10 days later & Dustin says we'll be getting a refund of only 131$... Hmmm. So. For 2 days of inactive service it costs over half of our initial payment? I'm not allowing this to happen. We needed that money as does everyone who cannot afford that amount per month. I am taking to whoever will listen.

It wasn't personal, we just need something that fits our budget which is what he said the day we asked if we could do our old plan on the new car. They're crooks. How can you sleep knowing you're stealing from working class families? Who do not live off public assistance and work for every dollar. I need to know what in the ** costs over half of our initial payment and why we are only getting the 131. So now we cannot even use that to turn on our insurance with Progressive! Who is much more affordable for the very same ** insurance plan! AAA: Thanks. For making life that much more harder for us. You line your pockets with the dollars of ppl who legit need it. It’s sad. I'm pissed and I am not taking this laying down. All these ppl you've screwed over and nothing has been done?!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Not getting my refunds - 4 months now. AAA car insurance is not refunding my money. Every time they send the check, they are missing my apartment number. I have to call in and they will void the check and reissue. Each time they are missing the apartment number. It is really frustrating, I have been a customer for 4 years and not even once I missed the invoice mails. All had correct address with unit number. Only refund checks is missing the unit number. I am not sure now if this a human error or not.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My son was in an accident on 7-10-17 with an AAA insured. The adjuster is Theresa. I went and got the Police report and sent it to her because we needed a rental car. I thought this would expedite the claims process. The police report said her insured was at fault. Mind you there were 3 policemen at the scene. They did all the measuring and interviews. Theresa decided to ignore what the police report said and is going with what her insured said. Now I guess I'll have to get an attorney. This is so sad. I thought AAA was one of the more reputable companies. I have Liberty Mutual and they will decline their request for payment because they believe the police report. Don't use AAA.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I've been a customer for 4 years. Just canceled my membership and will never go back. Thanksgiving night I broke down, was told that they'd be there in 1 hr. Got told that 6 times. Had to sleep in my truck. Today I've been calling for two days to get a tow for my motorcycle. I called 7 am Saturday and still nothing. Was informed BY DISPATCH "You might want to start looking for a tow company". Is that not what I'm paying you to do? Supervisor refused to email me a copy of my cancellation. This is one of those rare times when I can't wait for the future to tank this business. Good riddance.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Not worth the time, money or worry. Allstate has better rates. I wish I would have reviewed Consumer Affairs regarding AAA prior to getting the insurance. If so many people are complaining about AAA and not happy with them...Insurance buyer BEWARE!! I will never go back to AAA.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I made two service calls to have my car unlocked. Both took over 1 1/2 hours to get a representative to unlock my car. My membership had recently expired but I was told when I called that if I renewed it right away, I would not be charged for the service. I renewed it right away. I was then overseas for a period of time and when I got back, I found that my bill had been turned over to a collection agency. I managed to sort that out, but AAA still claims I owed them for the two service calls. Apparently their phone rep didn't know what she was talking about.

What is most outrageous is the very long time it takes to get service in Hawaii. For the second call I was in a place where it was unsafe to be waiting alone at night. The drivers on both calls said it routinely takes up to 2 hrs to respond since they don't have enough trucks or drivers. Also, AAA Hawaii is nearly impossible to reach by phone at any time, but particularly after business hours. This company is badly managed and is a rip off in Hawaii. Also terrible customer service.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Was involved in an incident about 60 days ago. The AAA driver hit me from behind while I was stopped at a red light. I should say Rammed me in his pickup. Just a quick note about the other driver. He has a 3-page rap sheet with drivers license revoked, rape, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and numerous other charges. So AAA must charge him enough to cover the cost of repairs. AAA has been delaying the claim for more than 60 days, I have been hung up on because I was frustrated and said I would get a lawyer.

They will not cover personal property in the trunk. They will not cover the cost of a taxi I had to take because my car was undrivable and I was 60 miles from the nearest town. They will not cover a rental car while they determine a settlement. They will not cover transportation cost for the car to be towed. They gave me a low ball offer of 50% of the car's value before it was wrecked by their client. So far I have called them 25 times in the last 60 days, left 25 messages and had 3 return phone calls. This is the worst of the worst. I will be forced to sue the individual directly because his insurance company will not step up. I just hope he doesn't kidnap me and kill me in the desert somewhere...

Original review: July 27, 2017

I called AAA to get a quote for auto insurance. After I received a quote, I asked multiple times if this would be the price & if everything had been checked & verified. I also held back no information, told them how old I was when I first got my license, a minor accident I had been in etc. So I signed the policy & weeks later I get a letter saying my policy has increased. Of course it's after I sign everything & they take my money. In order to cancel early I have to pay a cancellation fee, plus the price of new insurance. The new rate they gave is too expensive & I wouldn't have gone with it, had I known. Furthermore, it's ridiculous I have to pay a fee because they didn't do what they needed to do in the first place.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Got insurance quote and was comparing and he said oh, other 1 has to be every 6mos. And so gave debit card $362, and checked my old policy and was 30 more, so called back within 10 min, and cancelled AAA Auto. Told me refund in 24hrs. It's been 11 days and they still have my money. Never had a policy with them, and called consistently, wrote emails, and still have not got my money back, plus never e signed and again replied I want my refund, and then had to sign cancellation for policy I never had, and they have to send to underwriting. Always had Triple AAA road assistance, but will not renew. I've written Better Business Bureau and everyone I can think of. Sucks!!

Original review: July 18, 2017

In a phone conversation with a AAA rep, I authorized her to deduct $299 from my checking account, based on the rate quote she gave me. After the money was removed from my account, AAA informed me that the rate would be increased by $50 because five years ago I used a rental while a non-accident related repair was made to my car. At no time did I sign anything. So, although AAA was able to take my money without my signature, I'm now told that they can't refund it unless I sign an online release. Whats wrong with this picture?

Original review: July 17, 2017

My husband was in an accident with a AAA insured individual. The individual was clearly at fault as he ran a stop sign and fully admitted at the scene that he did so. My husband had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting the car on the passenger side doors (good thing as the guy's 10 yo daughter was in the passenger seat) and instead hit him on the rear bumper. This accident did a good deal of damage to our car but little to the AAA insured. As MD is a no fault state, the police were unable to cite him because there was no major property damage, loss of life or DUI. We tried for days to get someone at AAA to call us about a rental car but they kept telling us they would not cover anything until determination of fault was made. After a couple of phone calls to rude and uncaring service folks at AAA, and the lack of any movement by them, we went through our insurance to cover the repairs as we needed a car to drive!

Well lo and behold, come to find out, if you are more than 1% at fault in the state of MD the person who hit you doesn't have to pay! So guess what, AAA says my husband is 10% at fault for the accident even though the other guy clearly ran the stop sign and admitted it. Our insurance company says my husband is not at fault at all. So bottom line, we have to pay our deductible and our insurance company has to take them to arbitration to try to recoup the funds. So, basically, we get to pay for the other guy's bad driving habits. It will take 3-4 months to resolve and we may never see a cent of our deductible.

And still, no communication with AAA. Only a letter in the mail saying we were 10% at fault. I can't think of a better way to maximize your profits than making the person who was hit pay for their own repairs and then blaming them for it! I'm sure they will negotiate a lower cost and my insurance company will end up paying a portion of the repair even though we didn't have any fault. What a racket they have going. I would NEVER recommend this insurance company and I will never use AAA for anything again if this is how they make their money. I wish you luck if you are ever hit by a driver insured by them. Quite Possibly the Worst Insurance Experience Ever!

Original review: July 16, 2017

I am very unsatisfied, and disappointed and still waiting for the refund for two months. Agent Shantel ** has given lower amount before she charged membership fee and registration fee ($108+$45). Soon after she charged both, she came up with higher amount (180$ monthly payment) saying she had to remove some discounts. First she accuse me for entering wrong information in the quote, but after I send her and her manager (Araceli "Shelly" **) the proof of my quote that I entered everything correct, they just said they cannot do anything. I have to either pay 180$ or cancel the policy. I am a student and I am working part time and only reason that I accept to cancel the GEICO policy and get the AAA was they offer me cheaper rate. I clearly told her that, I cannot go with that higher price and will not proceed further to buy policy and wanted my money back that she charged for membership fee and registration fee.

She said she has cancelled payment and initiated a refund and I will get my money in 3-5 business days. She was in rush to cancel my policy and she said that her reason for rush is that she want to cancel my policy before seven days so I can get my money back without any cancellation fee. So I cancel it the day that she wants and I signed the documents. I need to mention, I have to go back to GEICO policy, but since I had cancel it, they need to start the new policy and they offer me same policy as I had it before with a higher rate!!! This is so upsetting that due to AAA, now I need to pay more for the GEICO policy that I had it before.

Later when I did not receive my refund, I tried calling AAA and agent Shantel **, she said that since my policy canceled after nine days!! (Before that she claimed it is seven days) there will be some cancellation fee and I might get some money. I ask her how much money they will refund me and she said she doesn't know!! Only her manager knows! I tried to call her manager multiple times, I even put phone massage but she never call me back. I thought she would help me getting refund but instead she was literally unhelpful and I think AAA should take care of this kind of agents trying to deceive customers. As a student, this is so upsetting. Not only they charge me for their own mistake, but also I am paying more now for the GEICO policy.

This was clearly a mistake and miscalculation from your agent giving wrong information and changing insurance policy price after charging membership and registration fee and signing all the documents. I really don't understand why I should pay when it is not my mistake at all. I do not know where should I contact and ask help and I would really appreciate if AAA can help me with getting back my money.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Spent the time to see if their auto insurance rates are lower and found they were no lower than Geico rates. Don't waste your time. Just get quotes from the 2 or 3 leading insurance companies... who actually pay their claims... and go with those. It's far more important that they pay claims fairly and timely than whether their rates are the absolute lowest! "Allstate" and Geico are among the best - go with one of those - forget the smaller "no name" brands.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I heard AAA Auto Insurance was a decent company. However, my experience with them so far has been the WORST. I've recently gotten into a car accident where it was not my fault. I depended on these people to help me handle this situation (contacting the other side) which should have been an easy task. However, they have the rudest, and laziest adjusters working for them. My adjuster sounds fairly young and just downright clueless. I gave them the contact information that the person at fault gave me. They failed to realize that the corporate office goes by EST with office hours 8 am - 4 pm. Although it was clearly stated in their automatic message system, the girl kept calling at 3-4pm PST. Talk about lack of attention to detail, which is a very important factor in handling someones insurance claims.

She kept claiming that she's "been calling with no success". It literally took me one call to do her job. I ended up reaching the other side myself, doing THEIR job. And when I went back to AAA giving them the information I retrieved from the other side, she claimed she already had the correct info. It was completely different from mines. She kept asking if I called them myself, when AAA is suppose to handle these things for me. What am I paying you for? Another instance with the same car incident, I spoke with another woman regarding my frustrations on how they have not tried to get my situation settled. All she could do was tell me they have their hands tied because they already submitted the claim.

If that is AAA's ONLY is responsibility then I will gladly take my business elsewhere. It is your job to constantly contact the other side. Not "submit a claim" and that is the end of the story. What a terrible slow insurance company. They did not care that I required a rental car. Even if I had the basic coverage, they did not have any remorse, no recommendations, nothing. All she did was laugh in my face and say "what are you talking about" every time I expressed concern. She claimed that they were only there to help me, well now, THERE'S something to laugh at. FYI it's been weeks since the incident and nothing has been done. Just me correcting their work, and the only progress that has been made was on my end.

Original review: July 10, 2017

AAA Rancho San Diego Office agent Mr. **. I completed auto quote online, receive call next day made apt with **, auto coverage was reasonable price with the discounts, I agreed. He made a quote for homeowner policy that was too high $1200 and I was paying Farmers $800 (round numbers). He called a few days later with an $800 quote with multipolicy discount, save money on auto, he inspected the house, signed me up and shook hands.

Several days later he sent me an email stating that my home policy would be canceled at the end of the month, said I had a bad roof. My roof is sound. I am 18 years into a 30 year roof. I went to Farmers and was reinstated home policy also transferred my auto to Farmers. I was lucky it turned out ok. I went to AAA office and canceled all policies and membership. AAA is crooked as a barrel of fish hooks "beware". I am up there in years now, but if I were 20 years younger I would have waited outside and given ** a going away present he wouldn't soon forget.

Original review: July 6, 2017

While renewing my auto insurance, Roadside Service Contract and my life insurance with Triple A, I found that they would not accept payment via a credit card. They insisted on CASH, CHECK or DEBIT CARD. When I informed rep that I was insulted by their demand as I have EXCELLENT credit and have multiple policies with them for the last 20 years. I was basically told "Triple A does not want to pay the banks a fee to process their credit card charges and as of February 2017, they have REMOVED some of the DISCOUNTS that was promised at the time I signed up with their Auto Insurance. They removed the discount for GARAGED VEHICLE, SAFE DRIVER, AIR BAGS, and MILEAGE VERIFICATION and MULTI POLICY discounts without warning. I explained that all of the above discounts were one of the reasons I opted to obtain their auto insurance policy because I got a check for those 4 discounts every year end of policy.

Their answer was 1st, this is not my policy but the company's POLICY. IF NOT HAPPY, YOU are at your renewal point, you always have the choice to choose another AUTO INSURANCE COMPANY. I explained that I have been a loyal customer with TRIPLE A for 20 years. Why it's not accepting my credit card payments and removing the discounts I was always getting without notice is unfair. All I got was, "I'm sorry Ma'am. There is nothing I can do. I've spoken to my supervisor and all they said was you can opt to pay for one of the teen driver or senior mature driving program and after completion of that program, they can offer a 10% discount on the premium". SERIOUSLY? This is how TRIPLE A treats a LOYAL 20 YEAR CUSTOMER?

Original review: July 5, 2017

This is a new AAA policy date. I surprising find out that my insurance for two cars increases from 1751.52 to 2116.0. I ask about reason. They said they had some third party estimate on your cars how many real miles it drives. When I renew policy, they said it was due to our estimate previous on cars is 4500 miles per year but their third party data is 12298 per year and the other car too. I believes them since I never check my car real mileage. Since one of the car are new car when I bought. When I read the total mileage, it is 7000 miles in the whole life. But AAA estimate is 12298. Almost double the whole life mileage read. Guys be careful when they report an estimate miles. When I argue this and they adjust the price significantly.

Original review: July 4, 2017

February of 2014, I was involved in 2 accidents. The first accident in Oakland, CA on my way to SF was my fault. It was a minor fender-bender in rush-hour snail, stop-and-go morning traffic. I reported the incident and was on my way. That afternoon, in SF, a woman came into my driver's side, my kid yelled, I blew the horn, she still clipped my driver's rear-view mirror and the front as she bolted in front of me. My kid in the back yelled to call the police and take the photo as she hit us as was NOT stopping! I blew the horn, called the police, and called insurance. I had just paid to fly my kid to Baltimore a couple of months prior, and had to go back for a revision due to this woman who hit us and did not want to stop. She finally stopped.

The police came. They don't write reports in CA unless you are injured to go to the hospital. No one would have been able to do anything in an ER setting. The officer commented about the woman and said he was sorry he could not write the ticket to me and my kid. I reported it correctly. However, I got the worst claims adjuster ever by the name of Travis **. He totally screwed it up and put the one in the morning as my being at fault with the injury. He also botched up going after the woman who hit me!

I am 60 and a special education teacher and have never seen such a tragic handling of two cases! Not only did I fly back to Baltimore later to get my kid fixed, I never got reimbursed per the policy, and now, June 30, 2017, I learned that for the next 6 months, I will pay nearly $500 extra for my policy due to this moron putting me down as at fault for the woman running into my side! This means that each year, my insurance, which I thought was high, was nearly $1000 per year OVER what I should have paid. I contacted AAA. They sent me to someone who could not handle it. They sent Travis ** (claims adjuster for AAA Southern California) a message that he and/or his supervisor should contact me ~ but NO ONE has!

I need to let you all know ~ Beware of AAA! This is over $3000-$4000 they have overcharged an honest, hard working special ed teacher since 2014! I will notify you all and my legislators and the insurance commissioner for the State of California! This is stealing at best! I even have emails from Travis stating it would not affect my policy and that I would not have a deductible for her hitting me. Someone at AAA is screwing me over financially. And, they won't fix it yet! Several years later!

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have two cars and a home insured through AAA. In 2011 it cost around $600 to insure my 2001 old Ford truck which I drive less than 7000 miles a year. In 2017 it costs over $1000 for the same truck. I am almost 50 with no crashes. My other car is a 2012 Kia. It costs more to insure my two vehicles this year than the entire policy including my home in 2011. Obviously it's time to move on from these thieves.

AAA expert review by Matthew Brodsky

AAA is officially a federation of motor clubs that offers auto insurance to drivers across America. The company now has more than 54 million members, and it operates out of its corporate headquarters in both Heathrow, FL, and Washington, D.C.

• Specialized insurance: AAA Auto Insurance offers policies to drivers of very specific types of vehicles, like classic cars.
    • Educational opportunities: The company offers drivers online courses in defensive driving, which gives customers a 10% discount on their plan.
    • Personal injury protection: Insurance plans cover driver and their families even if they are injured while in another person's vehicle.
    • Accident Assist: People who cover their vehicles with AAA accident can take advantage of the company's Accident Assist program, which provides roadside assistance, towing services and rental vehicles for drivers in the case of an accident.
    • Garage parking discount: AAA offers many unique discounts to members, including ones who choose to park their car in a protected garage rather than outside in the elements.
    • Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for reliable insurance, drivers who just purchased a car and drivers with family members.
    Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky