2. Automotive

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2020

Poor communication. Horrible response time. Called at 6:13 PM for a tow. Was told they were dispatching a driver and he would be here no later than 7:45 and should receive a text or call prior to that confirming he was in his way. 7:33 no call so I call back. They said that I’m next in line and will receive a call confirming they’re in the way in 15-20 minutes. 8:12 I call back. Got disconnected while on hold. 8:14 called them again. I was told the driver was finishing up his previous call and I should be getting a call shortly and he should be here no later than 8:45. My wife and I are Plus members and have been members for 14 years. We’ll definitely be rethinking our renewal fee the next time it comes up.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have been a Premier member for close to 20 years and have needed AAA a total of two times in twenty years. May 5th on the way home from work, at a hospital, I had rear tire quickly go flat on my motorcycle. It is a 100 mile daily round trip across the desert that is also up and down a mountain. It is no exaggeration when I say I was in middle of nowhere, in the desert, with the sun setting more than 25 miles from the nearest repair services, and about 8 miles from the nearest gas station.

I called for roadside assistance and learned FOR THE FIRST TIME that there is an additional membership fee for motorcycles and I was out of luck if I needed their help. Never mind the fact that I just placed this on my AAA insurance just 4 weeks prior to this event....no mention of the additional fee then either! I invite you to look at their website, you will not find it unless you search for it.

Anyway, they were perfectly content to leave me out there with a "were so sorry and thanks for the long term membership." I insisted that they at least give me a towing referral and they gave me the number for a company that did not answer their phone AT ALL. I assume they don't take calls after 5 PM, not that it mattered. I eventually got out of there on my own, but AAA did nothing to help, nothing at all. It was horrible to learn that total strangers that stopped and asked if I am "OK" had more concern for me than a company that likes to claim they will be there when you need them - that is if you pay the additional fee that you need to know about to even pay.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Car would not start. Member for 10 years. Called AAA. Battery was low. Driver came out and offered me a bootleg used battery for a discount. I refused. Called AAA to complain. Was told not to tell anyone! The mechanic spoke very little English! This occurred during the Coronavirus lockdown!

Original review: April 24, 2020

Been almost 1 year w/ AAA. Very disappointed about how they do the business. Overcharges!!! When I call they apologize!! Really? Then C-19 stepped in....

I own 3 vehicles. None of them were on the road due to stay home policy. AAA refused to provide some discounts. I did not feel comfortable to a be part of AAA company that did not step up to help during crisis.... Too much drama!!

Original review: April 21, 2020

I had been a member of AAA for 25 years never had a claim. I Involved in an accident on my Bike with a Car, and the driver had little coverage. I had some uninsured driver coverage & AAA did nothing. I quit them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: April 19, 2020

I was involved in a minor car accident and pretty much had to do everything myself with the other insurance company. They didn't bother to do anything. Then I was involved in a larger accident. It was not my fault. The tried everything in their power to get out of paying for things. I had even paid extra for uninsured motorists and they still would not pay for things and I got sent to a creditor. They're the worst insurance company I've ever got with.

Original review: April 15, 2020

This company is the worst company out there. I’m sure whatever little company would treat their customers better. I have been with them for a year and it has been a nightmare. Stay away from them, when you don’t have the thousands of dollars their premium cost and decide to break it down in monthly payments they charge you an interest fee like if they are financing your premiums or lending money from them. Of course this is something they don’t tell you at the beginning. The customer service representative are very rude and they almost hang up the phone on you when you bring to their attention something about the premiums. Your monthly payment is never the same, it always changes to their favor, or course they always add more and more money every month.

The app is horrible, it almost never works. Their system is outdated. They have to send you a whole bunch of letters for every little change you make on your address even if just the apartment number changed if 2 persons are on the policy living in the same address they send 2 letter for the same address just under different names.

I just paid my insurance on 04/03/2020 and if I want to cancel the policy I have to pay $95 dollars more because supposedly what I just paid covers the premium from last month, and my coverage will end immediately. I know that is for sure BS because that’s not how it works but that’s how they want to play it out with me. I will be leaving this company soon, if I haven't done it is because they are charging me a fee for breaking the contract and on top of that the MONTHLY PAYMENT, SO SAD MEDIOCRE COMPANIES LIKE THIS ONE TAKING ADVANTAGE of CUSTOMERS like ME.

Original review: April 12, 2020

I've need insurance for both my car, why is it at 65 year old I'm being charged $472 a month just to travel in my car? Now that what you call highway robbery! Consumer Affairs need to keep these insurance companies out. Traveling such never come at such a high cost.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have been a loyal customer for over 13 years and now I’m actively seeking to change. Here is why. During the pandemic where everyone is helping each other out I called to see if there were any discounts available to help us during this difficult time where we aren’t working and our cars are sitting in the garage I was offered NO HELP. I was on the phone for 1 hour and basically they wouldn’t offer any discounts unlike all the other large insurance companies. I even asked to temporarily pause insurance on one car since we don’t need to drive both cars and they said it will actually increase my rate. Can you believe that? They flat out wouldn’t offer to give any discount while other companies are doing it.

I will remember this and I will not be a customer of this company no matter what. A company that isn’t willing to help during time of need doesn’t deserve my money. And both my husband and I are excellent drivers no tickets or accidents. They are unwilling to help loyal customer of 13 years during a global emergency they are not worth my future business. I urge everyone to reach out to AAA and if they aren’t willing to help you find a different place to spend your money.

Original review: April 10, 2020

AAA should refund customers. AAA is one of the biggest companies out there. I hear other companies are refunding their customers in need especially since we are not driving our vehicles. This company is very expensive. Not cheap for their insurance???

AAA Auto Insurance Company Information