Fast Free Quotes

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

AAA Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Avoid using Onboard App for AAA Insurance Discount until they revise hard braking. Currently using the App that tracks speeds over 80 mph, hard braking and driving late night/early morning hours to get auto insurance discount up to 20%. Unfortunately I drive to work at 3:30am and it's reducing my allowable discount. There is no traffic but AAA considers this high risk driving hours. They should be giving bonus points for avoiding traffic. Hard Braking monitoring greatly needs to be modified which is using my smart phone to determine deceleration. I drive a 2015 Camry and to avoid hard braking occurrences, I have to do rolling stops or take more risk with yellow lights at intersections to avoid having to apply brakes. Cars will pass me just to get in front of me because I taking excessive long distances to slow the vehicle down at stop signs and intersections. I get a hard brake incident whenever I try to stop the vehicle.

My wife is an excellent driver and she got 7 hard braking in a 10 minute drive to the store. When I drive in traffic it extremely stressful because other drivers cut in front and when I tap on the brakes to get distance to the new vehicle in front of me, I get a hard braking. Passengers will testify that hard braking incidents are totally screwed up…. I’m so frustrated that I’m seriously considering going out for new Home and Auto Insurance. I been with AAA for a few decades and like AAA. But I’m frustrated and can’t find anyone in the company to talk to them about the hard braking. My agent keeps telling to stay with it for six months. It’s so frustrating that is App is controlling and downgrading perfectly good driving.

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2019

Aaron ** finally stepped in and was able to resolve my case in two days. He was absolutely wonderful! It’s unfortunate that I couldn’t have dealt with him first.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service!! It has been almost a month since I initiated my claim and it’s still not resolved. No one EVER answers their phone, voicemails aren’t returned, and emails are ignored. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with an insurance company!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

AAA in the Carolinas - I say do NOT insure your auto with them. They started out quoting me much lower than everyone else a year ago (when I first moved to the Carolinas) and hit me with a 61% rate increase after that first year. My insurance agent generally does not answer her phone, nor has she ever returned my calls. I have had to go into the office to have conversations with her, if she was actually in the office at the time. Then I paid the renewal late, due to the high rate increase and my moving my home at the same time, and the payment I did make in the office never went through. I received zero communication about this - nothing in email, nothing in snail mail, no phone calls, and nothing in my online account. Nothing.

I just called to find out why the payment never posted to my account (the bank said they had no record of it) and AAA (after three calls to a phone system that does not appear to work and being on extended holds) told me the routing number was bad and their system does not trigger any communication for that type of instance. OMG! If I had been in an accident, AAA would have just said my policy was cancelled, when they had NO NOTIFICATION anywhere of that fact. I did get it paid, but only after a total of 42 minutes on the phone with them. I will be switching insurance companies immediately.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I do not know why they do not put my auto insurance policy online. I have to call but the 800 numbers never get through and non-800 numbers direct you to 800 numbers again. They never reply your email too.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They over charged me after they cancelled my policy for the wrong reason and started charging me 3.5 times more than the competition, they were on automatic payments, never place them on automatic payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Have been a AAA Member and Insurance holder since 2001. Yearly premium rates increase yearly. Last October my auto premium increased to $1750. Took the AAA DRIVER IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM and then with my AAA Membership Loyalty along with this program I received a statement that my upcoming renewal would decrease to $1681. This week I received my renewal declaration statement due October 20 for a whopping $1991!!! Thursday I spent plenty time on the phone with Customer Service to no avail and no explanation despite a clean driving record, no points, no accidents, no DUI and with a top credit/insurance score. Mind boggling.

The next morning I spoke to the Retention Dept and received no help other than saying NJ had an increase! And she connected me to an Agent in my local AAA Branch who proceeded to try to sell me home and auto with other providers mentioning Geico, Plymouth Rock, Progressive etc.?!? I was stunned. I replied, "What about my 19 years years of loyalty with AAA?" I thought that was unethical.

I then drove over to the State Farm Agency and was greeted with respect and enthusiasm. In 15 minutes I saved $$735 on Auto and $375 on Home for better coverage. I then bought a $1M Umbrella Liability Policy for only $153 because the agent gave me discount because of Auto/Home coverage with them. What a difference in Service. I’m still shaking my head and elated because I saved $1100! Please shop your coverage around with a top tier Insurance company. You’ll avoid being treated shabbily, have all your questions answered professionally and enjoy significant savings with a reputable company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Let me start off by saying we have barely had AAA for 3 weeks. We bought a new home and have cars. They bundled all of them together. I told me everything over the phone what should I agree to come to find out the lady only put us at a small package for 5 miles. Porto our town is a 30 mile radius so they told my wife that she would have to come out of pocket $180 for the tow so I went and I called and I upgraded my service so they told me that I had to wait for you hours for it to be upgraded and that they were not going to refund my money even though that they do not sell me the right plan.

So now they charge me another $45 to upgrade my plan and said it's not available to use for 40 hours and they said that they were going to keep my 180 and not refund me my money. I believe they sold me a false insurance and they do whatever they can just to get money. They played by the book. They are not there for their customers. They are not customer base company. I've had a lot of people tell me I'm thinking about leaving them already.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Like others on this blog site, I have had AAA insurance for car and home for decades. Recently things seem to be weird. Last December my policies increased 10% without explanation (I have not made a report for over 10 years, just paying the premiums). Then after I bought a new car, things went really weird. Yesterday I received a refund check of $230 and a bill of $99, and my policy was cancelled with 2 days notice--and (as far as I can tell) not outstanding premiums. Something has gone wrong at this insurance agency. I caution anyone from engaging with them until they figure out how to manage their policies and their customers.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I was being charged $320 monthly for my car insurance... Full coverage. The AAA agent told me that I had a suspended license back in 2013. I called 21st Century insurance and I got the same coverage as I had with AAA for $99.00 and he said that that suspension didn't show up and he said that since it wasn't for a moving violation but a medical evaluation which was cleared up by my Dr that it should have never been brought in to my insurance. I guess AAA wants to take advantage of senior citizen and charge them whatever they like. I felt so ripped off by AAA.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

The insurance coverage is reasonably priced, full coverage for both my vehicles. Claims are handled promptly and courteously. As a senior citizen, this is important to me. AARP and Hartford insurance cannot come close to the savings I receive from AAA.

AAA Auto Insurance Company Information