Whirlpool Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Original French door bottom freezer purchased in 2016 Never kept correct temperature. We had at least 5 service calls the last being then entire “guts” had to be replaced which included soldering/welding in my brand new kitchen. We refused and said we were charged for a brand new refrigerator for 3000.00 and wanted it replaced. Whirlpool offered a “similar” replacement which we accepted. Now 2 years later we are running into the same problem and now have water leaking from bottom. Whirlpool customer service (reps answering the phone) were pleasant. The supervisor who offered the replacement had an attitude. To wrap up... steer clear of Whirlpool.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I am questioning my loyalty because the last two Whirlpool fridges have been repair prone, and have bad design issues for ice dispensing. The dispenser door doesn’t close reliably and lets the ice maker warm up and melts the ice. This supports my rating.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

We have purchased 4 refrigerators in the past 20 years. The first three were not Whirlpool and were a constant issue for us. Once we purchased the Whirlpool, we no longer had issues. We have the side by side with a freezer at the bottom. This model has performed exceptionally well for us and hasn't presented any issues for us. I would highly recommend it to family and friends, thus the rating of a five.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have a Whirlpool suite. Stove is fine...refrigerator is awful. Froze all the food in fridge. Cost me 100’s to replace. Put in new thermostat. Now sounds like a freight train. Bought in April and the filter already needs to be replaced to the tune of $81.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Refrigerators used for luxury apartments unit at the community that I live is very common but I might buy one when moving in to house. I'll consider it when comparing to the other ones. There are other models too.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We bought a Whirlpool 2 years ago. It is an upgrade for us. Has features of ice, light, temp, water fill. Other options, too many to list. Upper 2 door, pull out 3 drawer with freezer. Lots room. Very convenient. Would fit a family’s needs. Great for a handicapped person.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have tried to contact Whirlpool, email and telephone call. Finally someone called me but Customer Service was poor. I asked her to have a Manager call me, but she never did. They also never responded to my email. We Purchased our new Refrigerator 21 c.f. side by side 2 months ago. The ice maker is driving us crazy. It is very loud. There are white plugs on the 2 bottom corners that make the appliance look extremely cheap. I am not happy with this Refrigerator!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The ice maker died after a year but the rest is working great years into it! The filtered cold water has been fantastic right on the door. It also includes a plug so if you run out of filters you can still have cold water.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

It works quite well except if you put items in the back of the top shelf of the refrigerator it will freeze them as if they were in the freezer section. I have a bottom freezer and that works quite well. And it is very quiet when running.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My model - GB9FHDXWD06 - is one of only a very few that fits our space. However, it has failed three times in 5 years: 1) A faulty defrost drain tube that was replaced under warranty, 2) A jammed vent flap that caused the freezer to fail, and 3) a burned-out control panel (an expensive repair). It is also annoyingly noisy and middling at energy efficiency. The coils are in a very narrow space below the refrigerator, which makes them a bear to clean. And, the plastic front plate that must be removed for cleaning breaks far too easily.

On the good side, it is a bottom freezer model (which is far better for convenience), the space-wasting ice maker was very easy to remove, the glass shelves, removable baskets, and drawers are easy to clean, and the auto-defrost works very well (after the recall update, number one, above). Temperature uniformity is good and the freezer maintains below 0° very well. Overall, it is a good looking appliance with mediocre efficiency and poor reliability. Not recommended.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is a replacement of a similar model, that lasted 23 years. This modest, white, 2 door, side by side refrigerator, was purchased without the optional ice maker. It was bought specifically for the dimensions, of our custom cabinets. There are obvious differences, from the previous incarnation. The textured doors were replaced with a smooth glossy finish and their height extends higher than the refrigerator cabinet. The adjustable shelves were replaced with less adjustable pre fixed shelf supports. The LED interior lighting is much brighter that the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Overall, so far a very capable refrigerator, for a moderately sized kitchen and if the life, lasts as long as the one it replaced, this was a very good purchase.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I bought this in 2008 and it's still going strong. I wanted to replace my double wide (different brand) but couldn't find one that would fit in the space so I bought this 18 cu upright to replace it and downsized.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

It's just a plain refrigerator. No bells and whistles. It could have more space in the bottom and well as a ice machine or ice maker. Nothing special about it. Just a place to keep food. The light in top could be higher so food does not touch it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

This refrigerator was used when I got it, that was about 12 years ago, some of the shelves are missing, and the light doesn't work when the door is opened, but it freezes good and keeps my food fresh and cool.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

American made!! Well priced for product, read the reviews buyers have had this product for 30 years without problems. People are sick of Samsung, inglis LG Chinese junk where parts are not available.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I have the side by side refrigerator. I have had it for about 15 years. It has the clear adjustable drawers and shelves in the refrigerator side. It has worked well for my family. Repairs include door cams on the refrigerator side and the plastic unit for the ice cube maker as you cannot get just the plastic gear that some of the teeth broke on. I was able to do these repairs myself. The freezer side can be tight on larger items. I also own a chest freezer so this alleviates that issue. I think I would prefer the freezer across the bottom vs a side by side. All in all this has been a really good refrigerator and I would stick with the Whirlpool brand.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

2 years ago, I bought my fridge from Home Depot and the delivery people did not leave a manual. I call to see if they could provide me one because I don’t know how to operate some parts of it. They told me they don’t send manuals anymore. She referred me to a website to download it from an online site. I told her I don’t have a computer. It would be easier if they can send me something in writing and this lady told me that they don’t. She asked- “and you come to us after two years? What have you been doing in the meantime? “And from then on she was very rude and she transferred me to another lady that was worse! I do not need this! And the fridge is very noisy. I’ll never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Stainless steel, easy to adjust, cools very well installed in a RV instead of standard RV fridge. Took a little bit of carpenter work to make Whirlpool fit but well worth the effort. The only problem I have with the fridge is that whirlpool won't honor the warranty because it is installed in a RV.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Got this refrigerator when I old one of 10 years through AHS home warranty. I asked for a similar one to the one we had. Surprisingly we received the Whirlpool which turns out to 5 times better than are old GE. Same height and width but deeper and with more compartments. We are extremely happy with it

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

My very expensive Whirlpool refrigerator that's three and a half years old broke down before Thanksgiving 2020. I am not able to get parts until after May 18th 2021. After calling numerous times and spending lots of time on hold I was told February 11th by Whirlpool that they had the parts in stock and they gave me a price for each part. Then they connected me to the parts department where they told me they don't have two of the 4 parts that I need. The price that they gave me for the same parts with a lot higher than what they told me at whirlpool. Whirlpool customer service was terrible it's as if they don't give a damn. They just don't care.

I can't believe it's going to be 7 to 8 months to get parts for a three and a half year old refrigerator. I have fallen down my basement steps where I have a small very very old refrigerator twice carrying food up and down. Spreading mustard and sour cream all over my carpet my stairs my walls. Not to mention the fact that I have bruises all over my body. If I were you I would not buy a whirlpool. It's going to cost over $600 for the parts replacements that is if I can ever get them. I'm going to have to break down and buy another refrigerator. Remember Whirlpool customer service is terrible and you can just forget about getting the parts.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Compared to LG and Samsung you get a good quality Ref. for a reasonable price. I have had mine for 5 years and I had adjust the door after about a year.

Other than that it has done its job. I had a Samsung and for what you pay for one I would go with Whirlpool.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Pros: The refrigerator is large and roomy, easily adjustable glass shelving, and easy temperature controls for the refrigerator temperature and freezer temperature. Cons: the refrigerator is bulky and limits space in a small kitchen. The lower freezer door does not seal very well and requires frequent tweaking and adjusting around the door seal. Also, the freezer handle becomes loose easily and requires tightening fairly often -- which is a pain to get on the floor on your back (and a flashlight plus a special wrench) to tighten the handle.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Our Whirlpool refrigerator has been an extraordinary kitchen appliance, it may even be 28 years old. The ice maker worked until just four years ago and that's amazing. It's never been serviced and never needed a repair. I don't know what one can say about something that's worked so flawlessly. This seems a little bit trivial when considering the cost of a new appliance, but the plastic veneer on the handle had fallen off and needed glued back on, but that's about it as far as maintenance and repairs go. Overall it's been an ideal purchase and I wish wholeheartedly all my purchases were as good as our whirlpool refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Well Whirlpool been around for centuries and they make good products and their products last longer. All my products been whirlpool. That's all I buy. I would recommend them to all my friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Drawer does not fit tracks and comes loose. No adjustment is available for this fitting. No wider drawers are available to fix problems. Would not buy this product again unless they fix problems. I did not think to look at fit at time of purchase. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Our Fridge is a few days over 1 month old. Very noisy, the compressor buzzes loudly. Already had a service man out. Said it was the compressor way it's mounted, guess this design is only 6-7 months old after problems W/ earlier model. Last week the water filler valve started to buzz VERY loud when filling the ice tray, was OK for the month almost. The ice when dumping sound as if one is dumping a glass of ice in a metal kitchen sink. Service coming out next Friday 01/12/21.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Whirlpool has been a well known brand for many years producing well made appliances. With strong customer support and appreciation. I myself have owned many appliances made by Whirlpool from Fridges to Washers and Dryers with no problems.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Whirlpool model WRV986FDEM Purchased May 31, 2017 from Lowe's. Cost: 2,638.10 including 229.97 for the 5 year extended warranty. We’ve experienced four failures in the nearly four years we’ve owned this lemon. The first failure occurred within the one year manufacturer’s warranty period. The three failures since then have been fairly close together. Control boards and mechanical parts have been replaced. We are now waiting for a “made to order” part, with no scheduled delivery date.

When I pressed Lowe’s on the reliability of this fridge, I was told that if four failures occur during the extended warranty period, they would give us a replacement. Considering the delays in repairs and frequency of failures, this is unacceptable. Do Lowe's and Whirlpool expect their customers to just suck it up and do without a refrigerator for months while we wait? The warranty is worthless without prompt problem resolution. Whatever happened to real customer service?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I bought the Whirlpool French 4 door fridge WRX988SIBM 01. I like the way it stores and layout (other than the icemaker taking the entire left door out). But I got a lemon, I bought the Lowe's 5 year warranty (with the 4 repairs replacement). The fourth repair and dead declaration was 5 years and a week (so just out of Lowe's extended warranty by a week). The Death Certificate repair guy said "they don't make 'em like they used to". So I am now buying another fridge - trying Samsung this time. Every fridge has a lemon once in awhile and with my luck... Well you can thank me for taking it off your hands! :) I am averaging 5 years per fridge. That's a lot of money and I expect to get at least 10 years life on a major appliance.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Four year old Whirlpool Refrigerator/Freezer Model W10771736A. Ice maker broke right after the warranty ended. No refrigerator or certified whirlpool repairman was able to fix the problem. Our microwave is cracked on the side, and it is only four years old.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information