Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

We love our new whirlpool side by side fridge. It has plenty of space inside and the bottom freezer is great. The water come out from the inside of the fridge vs a front dispenser. It’s just the typical ice dispenser in the freezer vs ice dispenser on the front of the fridge. The only downfall is that there is no sensor to alert you if the freezer door or fridge doors aren’t fully closed. My last fridge that was over 10 years old has that sounding sensor which is a lifesaver with children. It helps save your food items from half defrosted and frozen from a door being left slightly ajar.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Our new Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator is very versatile as it serves the needs of a busy, family kitchen. It is heavily used storing cold foodstuffs to feed our family of four, plus two active grandsons. Being able to re-configure the shelving space enables us to adjust the main compartment accommodating items of different sizes (think a thawing turkey or a 24-can case of soft drinks!) to ensure our most functional usage. The same can be said of its freezer space - it too features built-in slots to reposition shelving for varied size packages and boxes. Convenient in-door water and ice dispensers round out the beneficial features of this attractive appliance.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I own a top two door refrigerator cabinet with a middle drawer meat cooler and a pull-out out lower chest freezer. The ice maker is built into the door and it is a very simple to operate and stable appliance. The refrigerator's space is very functional and flexible for your food storage.. We have moved it 3 times and never had a problem. It is my wife's favorite appliance and fits our needs perfectly without a lot of bells and whistles. The ice maker filter is easy to change and the ice maker itself is super reliable. The model number is WRX735SDBM00. We have been Maytag and Whirlpool appliance owners forever because of their reliability and the ease of used to clean them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is a replacement of a similar model, that lasted 23 years. This modest, white, 2 door, side by side refrigerator, was purchased without the optional ice maker. It was bought specifically for the dimensions, of our custom cabinets. There are obvious differences, from the previous incarnation. The textured doors were replaced with a smooth glossy finish and their height extends higher than the refrigerator cabinet. The adjustable shelves were replaced with less adjustable pre fixed shelf supports. The LED interior lighting is much brighter that the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Overall, so far a very capable refrigerator, for a moderately sized kitchen and if the life, lasts as long as the one it replaced, this was a very good purchase.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I have the side by side refrigerator. I have had it for about 15 years. It has the clear adjustable drawers and shelves in the refrigerator side. It has worked well for my family. Repairs include door cams on the refrigerator side and the plastic unit for the ice cube maker as you cannot get just the plastic gear that some of the teeth broke on. I was able to do these repairs myself. The freezer side can be tight on larger items. I also own a chest freezer so this alleviates that issue. I think I would prefer the freezer across the bottom vs a side by side. All in all this has been a really good refrigerator and I would stick with the Whirlpool brand.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

We bought our Whirlpool refrigerator model # WRT318FZDB02 July of 2019. We liked it very much. The beginning of January 2022 we started having issues with things freezing. A few days later nothing got cold. The appliance technician that checked it out said our seals on the compressor were bad and needed a new one. He told us we were better off buying a new refrigerator. I contacted Whirlpool support and they told me the same thing. Our previous refrigerator lasted over 30 years!! I would think Whirlpool would make their refrigerators last longer than 2 1/2 years!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I purchased a home from Pulte and closed in June of 2020 and had no choice but to take Whirlpool appliances. Pulte does not offer high end appliances in order to maximize their profit. The first thing that failed after only 3 months was the Microwave and because we didn't want to get the same cheap microwave we upgraded and paid 400 for a Kitchen Aid, same size but never received the trim kit that matches the oven that came in sometime in October 2020. It is now January 2022 and we are still waiting for the trim kit. Every time we call to find out we spend hours on the phone.

The refrigerator is a cheap version of the worst refrigerator made in China, the ice maker works ok but ice gets stuck in the chute and when it doesn't get stuck half goes to the glass and the other half to the floor. Poor design and we are stuck with it. Tried to buy an LG from Costco but it won't go through the door so again we are stuck with this small refrigerator with no room for groceries for two people. Stovetop is also cheap, only looks good the day we got the house, one of the burners would go off when turned to low with gas still flowing.

Grates look 10 years old but must admit we cook every day. Oven will not calibrate and it is not accurate so we have learned to set everything 10 degrees higher to make up for the variance. Dishwasher had issues as well, unless you run it for 3 hours the shorter settings always have dishes or utensils still soiled. Warranties have expired after one year so it is now time to replace almost everything if we want decent appliances. Very disappointed but I blame Pulte for buying cheap.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Home Depot in 2018. It has been a $3,000 piece of junk!! Customer service is garbage!!! They refuse to address a persistent problem since the day we bought it. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I bought fridge model WRS571CIDm02. The worse company in the world. Since I bought this fridge have a consistent problem with the evaporator fan. It makes noise. Geek Squad came 3 time in 3 years to replace the same part. Now the 4th time I ran out of warranty and Whirlpool don't care. On top of that the stainless steel is rusting. It is not stainless steel. It is a nightmare. Avoid at all cost. If there is zero I would give it to them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Got damaged item and for that I'm requesting service center at Beed, Maharashtra, and not getting satisfied feedback...Then again I started following to division office at Aurangabad with Mr Shard **...From last 3 months I'm hearing that you can get replacement...but they not fullfill the commitment...It very disappointed experience with me.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information