Whirlpool Refrigerators
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Whirlpool Refrigerators

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

1292 Whirlpool Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

This is a good customer service (CS) review. Whirlpool knows about the defect and continues to distribute the fridge this way. We have a Whirlpool model #WRF757SDEM01 we purchased this year (2017). We love the size and the fact that the ice bin is in the door and takes up very little room. Our only complaint prior to this issue was the ice and water do not always come out gracefully. So we were happy overall till a large block of ice formed in the back of the fridge. My original call to CS was great. They did not ask me a bunch of stupid questions, just said that should not be happening and scheduled a service call.

Service guy knew exactly what it was because he had repaired the same model with the same issue several times. It is a defect in the dual cooling/defrost system that Whirlpool knows about, but continues to produce. Two parts need to be replaced and one part had to be ordered. Which was not a big deal since two days were needed to thaw out the mini glacier. We lost food so I made a second call to CS and again there were no stupid questions or arguments. They got a $75 debit card in the mail to us. So I thank Whirlpools CS reps, but sure wish the manufacturing side of things were a little more diligent in production. Certainly this cost them money on all accounts.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchases a Whirlpool 32 Cubic foot 3 door refrigerator in stainless model WRF992FIFM back on November 29, 2016 from Costco. I noticed that it was not making ice and that the refrigerator was around 50 degrees. This was on October 21, 2017. I called Costco and they contacted Whirlpool who sent out a service person on October 25. I am still without a working refrigerator and it is November 9, 2017 as I am told that a circuit board needs to be located.

I have called both Costco and Whirlpool and no one seems to be worried about it. I was told by Whirlpool that if a part is not available by end of day Friday November 10 that I will be considered for a replacement. Considered really? I have never experienced such deplorable customer service on both Costco and Whirlpool's part. It appears that this model is a lemon as there are large numbers of complaints on numerous websites. I asked for a refund due to the bad reviews and lack of parts and was denied. I will call on Friday for an update.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I've had my Whirlpool refrigerator for 6 months and since then I've had it serviced 7 TIMES! I'm a person who works so every time my fridge breaks down I have to take time off from work to wait around on a tech. I just called Whirlpool to see if they can switch my fridge out and they said NO! All they can offer me is a $50 check and have a different company come out and check my fridge. I'm SO UPSET AND DISAPPOINTED! I remember when I was a little girl my parents and grandparents would talk about how good Whirlpool was and I was so excited when I moved into my first brand new house 6 months ago. It had all brand new Whirlpool appliances but now I think they are a piece of crap because to top it all off my microwave broke down 3 months after I moved in and I waited over a month from the time I reported it to have the tech come out and replace it. I don't recommend ANYONE buy this brand!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Bought this brand new 5 door fridge, not even 2 years ago and had nothing but problems. Computer went 2 times. Rail broke for the drawer in freezer. Freezing up in freezer. Switch on freezer drawer went out. I will never buy anything else from Whirlpool again. So much for the nice looking things.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We have a large family so when we needed a new refrigerator we found this very large unit (Whirlpool 32 cu). About this unit, it's not really all that wide, but it is very deep. Lowe's didn't have a model on the floor but we went by photos. Also the salesman showed us a smaller version of this unit and we were impressed with the design. However unlike the unit we saw the shelves aren't adjustable. They are preset. Also the ice maker on top is very small and makes ice very slowly. The freezer section ice maker is much larger.

The main complaint I have with that is unless you push the tray all the way to the back ice can drop behind the tray and fall down causing the freezer door not to always close properly, leaving you with semi defrosted food. Whoever designed this refrigerator was an idiot. All issues are really related to design flaws. This is a very expensive refrigerator. I expected a great unit and got a piece of crap instead. Stay away from this model at all cost. It would be smarter to buy 2 refrigerators instead if you have the room. This model will give you nothing but a headache and grief.

This is our story about our experience. This all took place within 1 year. We bought it at Lowe's. They were wonderful when it came to taking care of us when it was within the stores’ warranty. They really tried to help us. Once their warranty ran out they put us in touch with our new repairmen. Lowe's did tell us that one other man bought the same unit and he was up to refrigerator # 15. Like I said, this unit is crap. Our first unit was delivered with a huge dent in the door. They took it back (lucky for us we have 2 other refrigerators).

Second unit arrived in store also badly dented. They didn't bother to deliver that unit. Third unit arrives at store but back area around motor all dented up. They order a 4th unit. This unit wasn't dented up so they delivered it. However doors were very off and wouldn't line up so it didn't close properly. A 5th unit was ordered and same issue with the doors. A 6th unit ordered and they called telling me that it was all dented up and needed to order a new unit. Our 7th unit arrived and in 3 days started making funny sounds. Dual ice makers stopped working and inside refrigerator is was very warm.

Lowe's ordered #8. This unit the freezer doors weren't lining up so #9 was ordered. This time everything seemed to line up, no dents however by the third month it started making a funny sound. Dual ice makers stopped working. Warm inside the refrigerator section. Lowe's sent out a repair man. He explained a design flaw was not enough insulation around the fan so it was icing up. That was replaced and it was working nicely for 4 months. Same issues with fan icing up, the noise and no ice. The repair man came out again and mentioned what was kind of a recall with the unit. The control panel in the back of the refrigerator was wrong and needed the correct one to be put in. That was done. He told us that we shouldn't have any more issues with it.

Same thing again. Same symptoms, same results...we had to throw out hundreds of dollars worth of food. (I just put in an entire prime filet mignon I planned for a special dinner and had to throw it out. OUCH!) Awaiting for the repair man, again. He will be out in 5 more days. I'm sure it will be a new issue, a new brand new fix and it will work for a few weeks to months and we will be calling him again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Do not waste your valuable dollars on this refrigerator. Not even 5 years old and have had nothing but issues with this fridge. The ice maker quit a few months ago, started leaking water from somewhere behind the wall panels and now the freezer door is frozen shut and the refrigerator section is warmer than the outside air. Did I mention that this refrigerator isn't even 5 years old yet? A piece of junk is a piece of junk and this fridge is a piece of junk!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

2 TOP of the line fridges in 3 years!!! First replaced by company CO after I contacted him with outrage as fridge was nonrepairable at 1.2 years of life. Second diagnosed with similar same issue less than 2 years later on same model fridge. This is a rip-off from the company, absolute nonsense that fridge lasts on average 1.5 years with the price sticker over 2500$... Someone should put them out of business!!! This is scam not fridge!!! Stay away from this company, they are not what they use to be, NAME AND QUALITY IS GONE.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Whirlpool side by side model WR5571CIDM. Unit rattles EVERY time refrigerator is opened or closed + plus every hour or so spontaneously. Rattle seems to come from the water filter area. Whirlpool serviceman says it's "normal" for this model and calls to Whirlpool customer service say "just live with it." Hard to believe Whirlpool considers this acceptable performance in a new model.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Model # WRF990SLAM00 Ser# K23919328 - It should be possible to rate this piece of junk zero stars!! Purchased on Feb 2013, it is driving me and my wife insane. It is noisy compressor wise all the time (Our kitchen and living room in the townhouse are one room). The problems started after the hurricane in 2016 killed our power for three days. I had to shut the refrigerator down to manually defrost the freezer section because the fan on the fan-coil was hitting a huge accumulation of ice. Then the weird blackouts started approx once per month where the panel light as well as the interior lights went on and off every minute with that dreadful BEEP. This went on for over 24 hrs and made living in the same room HELL. The beep and three clicks happen every minute and the cooling is none.

Whirlpool service came ($80.00) just to look at it and will come back with the rest of the bill which probably will be astronomical. I feel cheated big time!! Minute and the cooling has worsened big time. Whirlpool service came ($ 80.00) just to look at it and stated it needs a new computer board as well as a new front panel on the left door.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My husband and I remodeled our home and needed a new refrigerator... I wanted to try a Samsung, but after exhaustive research on my husband's part, he insisted we purchase a Whirlpool fridge... From the get go, I have regretted that decision. The main reason being the door on the L side of the fridge does not close completely. Sure, it alarms for a time, but what about all the times I close the door and leave the house. I have had to dispose of more groceries than I care to think about... Never again will I purchase anything by Whirlpool!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

This started Sept 27 2017 when the ordered online electric range 30 inch slide in oven Whirlpool brand was delivered. When using the oven, a noxious diesel smell filled my home, despite multiple attempts to burn in the unit as advised. 10 days later after still trying to "burn it in" fumes got worse. I called corp who then sent over a tech to look at it and the tech shared with me when he arrived that he was the wrong person since he cant smell due to an old injury! He admitted he smelled a chemical when it first went on but it went away for him but "might have went away due to is impaired smelling ability". I called Corp back and they totally agreed something was wrong with it that could not be repaired and the unit should be picked up and I should be paid back that day it is picked up.

They said in a "few days" which later turned in 2-3 weeks out and counting... I filed a complaint with the BBB due to the ongoing issues. Corp office said they would pick up unit and at that time hand deliver me my refund in full. At first the pick up was weeks out but after BBB was notified they came yesterday 10/18/17 and removed unit, but no check! I called Corp again this time asking why I did not get my money as they promised she said someone dropped the ball, and that someone should have told me that since they had to get someone non-local to get it that they will mail me the check in 14-21 days! She said "I see in the notes. They told you they would hand deliver you your refund so they should have called you about the change".

So here I sit... No oven in use since Sept 18 and no money back to buy one for weeks yet. I have never been told, despite my requests as to what the "chemical" was that I was burning off in my home and exposed my family to over 10 days which we had headaches and nausea from (despite windows opened and fans going at full blast). Only that it might have come from the "manufacturer" or process. This company isn't the only one who has had issues on occasion with a defect in this never-ending chemical smell but the lack of regard of my safety concerns and failure to stand up to what they offered to do (poorly handled response) is simply wrong and bad business.

I have not dealt with Whirlpool regarding matters ever and have very little of their products in my home so unsure if this is unique or standard with them. I wont buy their products anymore because I am less than "very dissatisfied with my experience". I may have been the only unlucky person having this kind of "response" from this company but felt the need to share.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Whirlpool WRF992FIFM00 - Purchased new April 2017. It's October now. Service has been called 7 times so far. Ice maker has not worked since day 1. Fridge leaked all over the interior around the third month. Compressor went out in 5th month. Compressor replaced 2x so far. Every component piece was replaced on 5th month. Still no ice. As I write this compressor getting ready to go out yet again. Paid almost $3000 for this piece of crap. On first name basis with technician. He tells me that his guys work on this particular refrigerator CONSTANTLY. So far I have lost over $1700 in food and wages (leaving work to meet technician). Currently battling Whirlpool. My next step will be legal action if they do not refund or replace this stainless piece of garbage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Purchased 4 years ago. The light has gone out in the Refrigerator (Mod. WRS325FDAM) and instead of a normal bulb which could be purchased and changed the part looks like the circuit board of a radio or cell phone. Checking on the art I was quoted a price of $178.00. This is just the part... Have no idea how much it will cost for the labor to install the part. Will most likely be another $150.00 or so. Over $300.00 for a light, how can this be? Would not recommend Whirlpool Appliances to my worst enemy!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I hope this review makes it to the president of Whirlpool! My husband and I built our first home and finally moved into it on April 22, 2017. We saved everywhere we could and I did my best to research my appliances. I was so excited to buy a BIG refrigerator for our family of five, (3 are hungry teenagers!) after years of using a smaller side-by-side. We went with the 31.5-cu ft French door/drawer with dual icemakers, model #WRF993FIFM. The original price was $3,599 but we got it on sale for $2,298 at Home Depot. After only 5 months it stopped cooling! I woke up one morning to find a fridge full of spoiled food!! After waiting 3 weeks I had 2 different repairmen come out and have been told that it is un-repairable due to two parts that are needed, one of which is on back order indefinitely. I've called Whirlpool numerous times and only get the run around and "I'm sorry mam we can't do anything else".

So I'm just supposed to be without my refrigerator until who knows when?! The first 2 weeks of this crap we had to live out of Igloo coolers on our back porch. That meant no buying real groceries, only milk and juice and drinks. Thankfully the awesome people at Home Depot brought us a "loaner", which is an apartment size fridge, to use while we wait. So now I just have to walk across the house to my garage every time I need something, and I can't buy much food because it won't fit!! I'm so disgusted with how Whirlpool is handling this!!! Not only did we buy our fridge but we also went with Whirlpool for our stove, dishwasher and microwave, and we already owned a newer Whirlpool washer and dryer set. We spent thousands of dollars and can't even get them to exchange this piece of junk! Come on Whirlpool, surely you don't treat all your customers this way!? Do the right thing and let us have a replacement!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have been given a runaround for over a month to get my refrigerator fixed. They gave me a defected piece and it broke down in less than a year. I have been calling them up every day and they put me on hold forever-then they ask for all the details and direct me to another company. As of right now I have not received any help-My family is really frustrated as we have no fridge all this time. I don't know what to do.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We bought the Whirlpool refrigerator from Home Depot. The ice maker does not work. We get 2 cups of ice a day. Home Depot Told us we should get 8 to 10 pounds of ice a day. We call a repair service and they said we should get 2 pounds of ice a day. Still getting 2 cups a day. Call again and now they said we should get 64 cube of ice a day. So now Home Depot has us calling Whirlpool instead of them. Now we will have another repair company coming out. Waiting to see what they have to say.

Very disappointed with Whirlpool for not backing their refrigerator. And don’t buy from Home Depot. You can’t return if you buy it. And I have a warranty on it and they have a lemon law 3 repair calls for the same thing and they will take it back. Not true. I will be calling once a week for 5 years until they get me some ice. They don’t deserve a 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Purchased Refrigerator (WhirlPool Refrigerator WRX988SIBM03) 16 months ago and noticed the drawer with glass that house the drawers had a crack on the right side. Couldn't believe it was cracked after such little use with just two adults living in the home. Removed it and noticed this was such shoddy design. There is a heavy metal bar in the back with a piece of flimsy plastic that attaches to the heavy metal bar with only a screw attaching the plastic to the metal.

I made attempt to glue it since it was only cracked but then the plastic just started crumbling into pieces like a broken cookie. Truly there is something wrong with the quality of the product as well as the design of having this heavy metal bar attached to this flimsy plastic. The quality of this part only leads me to believe what is next with this refrigerator. I am sure there is more to come.

I contacted Whirlpool to see if they would replace but of course this is at my cost. I've had inner parts of refrigerators break over years of use and they get old and busted up over time but this is a new refrigerator and once I inspected the part, I was disappointed with myself for not removing these inner parts and inspecting prior to purchasing. I would have picked up on the poor quality right away. Taken by the outside of this unit and its beauty, and not truly looking at whether or not the shelf can hold a couple gallons of milk. I am here to tell you there is no way this would have withstood the test of time with only a gallon of milk sitting on this unit. Poor design, poor quality and metal attached to raw plastic as it is a disaster.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Wish there was a no stars. This is the second refrigerator in 3 yrs or less. Had first one for less than 8 months before it stopped working. Needed to be replaced and now second one made it a little over a year and now just stopped working. Washers were also garbage and I’ve been slowly buying all new appliances with other brands. I’ll never buy a single Whirlpool product ever again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We contacted Whirlpool different times. I hate this piece of junk refrigerator. But Whirlpool never cared. My husband and I both did 20 years in the Navy active duty and reserves. 20 years each. Do you think we could have gotten some response other than a worthless sorry. To the Whirlpool CEO when you ever get some kind of compassion please us a real refrigerator that works and has some real room in it. I hate this thing and I hate not having an ice maker that works. A french doors refrigerator that really works would be good. Here's our address **. Please leave it on our front porch. Will be holding our breath. Thanks for your support.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased my Whirlpool Gold series french door refrigerator 3 years ago. I bought Whirlpool because it being an American company and a brand I thought I would be pleased with. Wrong! I have had nothing but problems with this refrigerator. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty! Just a year old, my ice maker stopped working. Then, the refrigerator stopped cooling. Circuit boards were replaced, fan motors, etc. over $1500.00 in parts and labor and the entire summer to have it fixed. This past August, ice maker stopped working again. Then, stopped cooling. I am now at week 6 without a functioning refrigerator. While I am thankful I have an extended warranty, through the store that I purchased this refrigerator, I am not thrilled with the amount of time that has passed between each visit and the fact that it is the exact same parts that are once again being replaced. This refrigerator is a LEMON. Do not buy this brand.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Dream layout in our 5 door $3000 Whirlpool WRV986FDEM01. Leak within first year fixed by Whirlpool sent repair person. Fridge temp runs in the low 40s, freezer 0 to 20 above. Up and down. Control board just replaced. First company contacted by Lowe's, repairman never showed. Called late. Asked the symptoms. Said he couldn't fix it. Never came down. Second company seems conscientious. We will see if the repair holds. Always buy an extended warranty. Want to add. Based on our experience with our Whirlpool Cabrio washer, Square Trade, though more expensive seems to be the best at their warranty. The rep asked questions, ordered a large part, delivered next day. We called repair service, they came down immediately. From broken to fixed in under 3 days. Their negative. More expensive. Maybe a shorter warranty window. When the paid repair cost equal the original cost of the appliance, the warranty is over.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have owned a Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerator for one year and 9 months. During that time I have had 7 repair issues. Each of the past ones took at least two weeks to repair. This past repair has to be redone because the new parts are also bad. The part is now on factory backorder. It will be at least two months for this to be repaired. Whirlpool says it's too bad, we just have to deal with being without a working refrigerator for months. Do not buy this product!!! The warranty only means that you are forced to wait months for repairs. They will not replace, refund, or even extend the warranty for all this downtime. You have no recourse with the company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My French door refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling while under a 5 year warranty. The repairman came out 4 times to fix it over a couple months and I lost the ENTIRE CONTENTS of my refrigerator and freezer 3 separate times! I am a single mom working at a non-profit agency and I had to take 4 DAYS off of work to accommodate the repairman.

Finally the repairman notified Whirlpool it could not be fixed and I was told by Whirlpool that it would be replaced under the warranty and I should wait for a call back, which never came. I called back after a few days to speak with the Exchange department and Mindy told me that I had to pay $1600 to get the exchange! When I asked to have the call escalated she flatly refused! What kind of corporation is Whirlpool that would treat customers this way? Never mind that the quality of their products gets worse with every passing year! Made to break so they can force you to buy a new one! I've been without a refrigerator for 8 days already and can't feed my family properly with no place to store food!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I hope the CEO posts this on a giant screen in front of all their employees. The first thing I did after moving into our new home is brag about the American made Whirlpool appliances. Being from the Midwest I take pride in made in the USA product and go out of my way to support homegrown companies. I know that a number of the components in my fridge include the fan that failed after 11 month were most likely sourced and manufactured in China... but that no excuse!! Whirlpool needs to do a better job of QC. You need to be passionate and rigorous with your testing. Don't reduce cost at the cost of your customer base. It is amazing we're to the point where we can no longer compete with China in quality.

Second is customer service, if you know you can't compete in quality you need to be able to make up for that with customer support. I called Whirlpool and scheduled an appointment the day the fridge quit working. I was upset that it would take three days to have a working fridge but I was understanding. Lucky for me I had an understanding neighbor too. Anyways, when the day came for my scheduled warranty repair I was told that Whirlpool was mistaken and that I wouldn't be able to get it serviced for another week! This is just unacceptable.

Right away I called the Whirlpool customer service representative and manager to express my frustration with this "error". They were polite and both agreed with my frustration. It also sounded as if they also didn't understand why their own company was doing such a poor job addressing repair issues. They made it sound like this was a common problem of people getting overbook at repair service providers. Again another fumble. Bottom line, due to my position, I don't really have a choice but to wait another week for a repair. Take note: Every time you lose a customer like me this you lose 10! I will now go out of my way to tell people about my negative experience rather than my positive. So disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator (4 yrs. old) - I have to continually clean the rust stains. I've used the products Whirlpool has suggested and the rust continues to appear. Lowe's extended warranty does not cover this problem because it is cosmetic; Whirlpool reps say it's due to the coastal area where I live and that they can't do anything about it! I understand that there are many customers experiencing the same problems with Whirlpool products. Their customer service is worthless and is their warranty to stand behind their products!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My Whirlpool "Gold", French door refrigerator is 3 years old and just died. The most frustrating part was trying first to go through Whirlpool.com to have them schedule a repair service call. It seems that when I added my zip code and address, their program automatically changed the zip code. So an appointment was scheduled for a repair company that is 4 hours away from me. In calling Whirlpool back (another 30 minutes on hold), they again attempted to insert my address and zip code only to find the program changed it again. I got NO assistance. I finally did find someone (through Thumbtack.com) who found that one of the 3 circuit boards that tell the compressor to "cool", was bad. It's going to be 10 days before I will have a refrigerator again and after spending 2K on it, makes me angry. I will never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Whirlpool French Door 32 Cu. Refrigerator - Purchased refrigerator Nov 2016. Never worked, never cooled. Called Sears and was told to call Whirpool. Had to then wait 1 week for repair company to send out service tech. He determined it was unrepairable. A replacement was delivered. The replacement started flooding the interior down the back, filling underneath the bottom drawer and down into the freezer (ruining everything in the freezer) and out onto the floor. Called Whirlpool and had to wait another week for a tech. They assessed the problem and left. I was told it would be fixed within the week, that they'd call when the parts arrived. 3 weeks later, no word. Called Whirlpool, the parts were on backorder with no ETA.

Two weeks later the parts were expedited, after I called again crying, and a tech came out again to fix the flooding. Two weeks ago the fan started to make a very loud noise and the internal temperature started to fluctuate and finally settled between 55-60+. Everything was ruined, again. This refrigerator is defective. Whirlpool's customer service is deplorable.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WHIRLPOOL!!! They don't care that they make and sell defective crap. They don't care about how much money and time you've lost because of their defective merchandise. You have to have a service repair person come out at least 3 times before they'll even consider a replacement unless the repair tech considers it unrepairable even if it never really works or if the parts take weeks to be delivered. They DON'T CARE about anything. Worst part is that I have no power or recourse. No one will help me. I was told today by the Sears Customer Relations to hire a lawyer. :( This is so wrong.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

11 months after I bought the fridge it started acting up. I paid 1900 for this thing. The temp kept getting warmer and the ice maker quit working. I had to pay for a service plan. I'll never buy a piece of junk Whirlpool product in my life again and ill broadcast their poor quality to everybody in my 5000 congregation. I work to save up to buy this product and its junk. I'll end donating it. I'm very upset at this junk product produced by Whirlpool.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I am following up on a review I submitted on April 22, 2015 about a Whirlpool refrigerator with french doors and bottom refrigerator. At the time, paint was falling off from the door as pictured in the previous review. This another chapter on this story and probably the closing chapter. A few months after the paint event which I could have lived for a while, the right door hinge literally disintegrated leaving the door without support. The door seal's material is of such poor quality that they have disintegrated and the water condenses inside. The bottom photo shows hinge components that came off the door hinge on the kitchen floor. The second photo from the bottom up photo shows how the door scraped the plastic of the freezer door top trim if the door is not lifted to clear it. The second photo from top to bottom shows the door over the hinge pin if I am not careful lifting the door to clear the freezer door.

The first photo from top to bottom shows how the door remains open if not lifted so that the door magnetic seal keeps it in place. It is very hard for me to believe that a country like the United States of America treats its customers with no respect. I met my obligation to pay the amount on the price tag of this appliance but I cannot say that Whirlpool did its part of providing a basic quality product. There is no consumer protection agency in this country to protect consumers from corporate predators that have no sense of a fair deal with a customer. So here we are, being abused by United Corporations of America. I hope the future brings a different understanding of the american people on these matters. Thank you for the opportunity to express myself on this matter. Next step... buy a foreign made appliance that will support another country work force... sounds familiar.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Whirlpool WRF993FIFMOO: Refrigerator Problems: the doors do not close, both ice makers went out, The computer on the filtration will go off. Refrigerator had problems maintaining temperature since 8.12.17. The refrigerator no longer works. This is my second unit since 11.09.16. It came from nfm.com.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for a reliable, high-quality refrigerator from a reputable company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs