Whirlpool Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I always buy Whirlpool appliances. My refrigerator is 19 years old, with an ice maker. I have recommended this brand to my friends. I have also recommended Whirlpool to my clients since I have worked in real estate as a property manager.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I've used Whirlpool a lot and I always have a quality experience with any appliance I've ever used. I think they take pride in making sure they sell quality appliances. I know if I need to purchase anything whirlpool I will get my money's worth.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Completely satisfied with products and service. In these days and times it's hard to find any reliable products or services anymore not to mention customer service. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your sales will increase.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have Whirlpool 25 in. Side by side. I love the space freezer size is bigger than the old one I had. Makes ice as it should. Overall solid appliance that I trust. I purchased this refrigerator a year ago after research.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

We just purchased a new fridge - September 2021 -- Whirlpool side by side. Why is "just okay"? It is a loud refrigerator. A roaring sound is pretty constant. The ice tray in the door has no recessed tray ... so water and melting ice just follow down the front of the door and onto the floor. Two days after purchase we went back to Lowe's to return this fridge ... but all the other refrigerators do not have a recessed ice tray. And since they are not plugged in ... who knows if they roar.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator #WRS315SNHM in February of 2022. This product stopped working 6/2022. I lost over $300 of food items. To make a very long story short-the issue was a design flaw where the back of the frig ices over and it stops working. The technician told me that it was a design flaw and he had already fixed 9 of this particular model in the past month! He put in the new updated piece and assured me that it should not happen again. I am not convinced-the frig is not as cold as it was before it broke.

Whirlpool knew about this flaw and there was no recall? I tried getting my money back for the lost food items but was told, "No." I was given 3 extra months on my warranty. In the past 8 years I have replaced my washer/dryer, stove and dishwasher with Whirlpool products. I will NEVER purchase a Whirlpool appliance again and will tell everyone I know not to purchase Whirlpool appliances. They should compensate their customers of items lost, especially when the appliance breaks after only 4 months. Bitterly disappointed and angry.

Original review: June 19, 2022

We purchased a 2 door, 1 drawer Whirlpool fridge from Lowes in 2017. We, unfortunately, did not purchase the extended Warranty. Every year following the short warranty period we have had to replace the same part each year at the tune of $300 or more. It freezes up with ice behind the meat and cheese drawer as well as behind the two crisper drawers and inside the back wall. It does not make ice unless I set it on 'fast ice'. Thus far we have spent over $1200 to repair the same issue. Just last Wednesday we spent $298 to repair it yet again and this week the fan is failing and things are spoiling and the ice cubes melting and running out the dispenser. The warehouse suggests that the repairman also replace the control board as well as the fan at an additional $300. This is the BIGGEST LEMON OF A PRODUCT THAT ONE CAN IMAGINE!

Original review: June 17, 2022

We purchased our fridge brand new from Lowe's when we purchased our house in February 2020. It leaked the first day, and Lowes instructed us to contact whirlpool directly. We are now OVER TWO YEARS since the first incident. We have had a fridge repair person out 4 times. Not only did it leak, the actual frame is crooked. The doors no longer seal unless massive pressure is put on it, things freeze in the fridge side that shouldn’t, it makes weird noises as well. Followed up with the fridge repair people after being insanely patient and apparently something happened on Whirlpool's side and our open case was forgotten about.

Now after over two years we are finally getting a replacement scheduled for delivery Wednesday 06/22/22…. From 8-10am which is the only time they are available on any day to deliver… which is also inconvenient, I requested any day after 2pm. Would I ever recommend or buy another Whirlpool appliance? Absolutely not. The customer service and time frame of resolving a solution is horrendous. Over two years to get a replacement fridge is insane. I'd rather have bamboo shoots repeatedly stuffed up my fingernails than deal with this nonsense again.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Model: KRFC704FPS. This is a Dangerous Appliance! Purchased at Costco with wonderful help in working with Whirlpool on my behalf. •Refrigerator not cooling. Two services later Whirlpool sends a new replacement. Replacement has three different issues. •Faulty Water inlet Water damage 3 days after delivery. Month later: •Freezer not working. •Smell of burnt plastic. Fire department called.

Home damage replacement of whole house flooring and possibly an electric fire. I fall (no injury) due to water gushing out when opening doors. 5 months of patience and belief KitchenAid is reliable. I had just completed a kitchen remolded with all high-grade KitchenAid appliances: gas stove, microwave, dishwasher and the Lemon Refrigerator.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Whirlpool Refrigerator model #WXR986SIHZ02. What a piece of cow dung. Had it delivered on 12/5/2020. On my 5th (!!) service call now. Nothing works. Buy something else. The store I bought with an extended protection plan was LOWE'S. Calling the phone number on the protection plan does not help as you get connected to some Indian call center (after you're on hold for 2 hours - no exaggeration) and all they will do is schedule a new appointment. The previous technicians on 2 appointments did not show! (You'd think that someone would have notified me).

Whirlpool author review by Sandy Baker

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information