Whirlpool Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Don’t waste your money on the French door refrigerator. JUNK!!! Loved this refrigerator at first. I have spent more money than it’s worth. Started making a loud noise, called the repairman. He came out to fix it. I have to replace the whole board. Started working great. Now 3 months have gone by and it’s doing the same thing.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Whirlpool all fridge stopped cooling at around 1yr, called repair guy as it was passed on year warranty and Whirlpool wouldn't give us the time of day. They can give two ** about you once they have your money. Anyway it can't be repaired as it had a coolant leak and the compressor went. Called whirlpool to look into their lemon policy. They do not care, will not help us. Deplorable robbers.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Purchased a new $3500 refrigerator with French doors. Broke within 3 months. I finally got a repair man to come to my house, after three weeks, through the Whirlpool warranty. Compressor went out which repair man said is super common. It's now been over 5 weeks. I have been waiting on a compressor to show up at my house and it hasn't even shipped. Have called multiple times and after waiting on hold for hours they told me they would update me in another 21 days. Unacceptable to take my money and then not stand by your product by either repairing it or replacing it in a timely manner. No repair in sight, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON WHIRLPOOL PRODUCTS.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I actually researched Whirlpool's wide by side refrigerators for about 2 years. No bad reviews found. Ours was delivered on 9/2020. Today our icemaker has just broken for the 5th time. Frustrating, to say the least. We did get an extended warranty. The warranty service company has been wonderful. How does an icemaker just break apart on itself not once but 5 times? We really did love this product, but this is unacceptable. Why hasn't Whirlpool fixed this issue. According to 3 different repair services this is actually common, yet we didn't find any bad reviews on it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Refrigerator is less than a year old and has stopped cooling. We have had techs come out four times now with a different diagnosis. Bottom line, coils keep freezing over and we have lost a lot of groceries go in the trash. Stay far away from these refrigerators, Whirlpool customer service is also garbage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Model WF535SMBM00- side by side doors with bottom freezer. I've always wanted to review this fridge. I was horrified to see it at my sister's recently after her new remodel. I was surprised as well because I bought mine in 2013 and her new fridge seemed to be the same. If you load up the top pull out bin in the freezer, don't be lazy & try to push the door closed before pushing in the top rack! That top rack can easily hold the door from closing. We finally attached an alarm to the bottom door due to at least 10X with the freezer unthawing. Also, the design for the 2 fridge doors can crash together if closed a certain way. The doors do not automatically close, you have to push it, if you swing it closed, it doesn't fully close. Not for lazy people, Not a good design.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Representatives are not trained properly, the company does not document their calls and activities on the claim files to be able to provide updates, don’t respond to emails, there aren’t enough representatives to assist which causes long hold times, and nothing is ever resolved in one attempt. My issue goes back to September 15, 2022 where I asked George’s Appliances (**) to come look at my fridge which was warm. The fridge receipt is attached to this complaint and is less than two years old.

September 20, 2022 The technician came out and found that the heater in the refrigerator kept going and caused a fire which melted the refrigerator. The heater not working has caused ice buildup which causes the overall refrigerator to be warm. The technician said it was unsafe, and there will be too much wrong with the refrigerator to fix it and he would reach out with Whirlpool to see about replacing the refrigerator. September 21, 2022 Kathy from George’s Appliances said Whirlpool was exchanging the fridge and provided file number: **. Whirlpool was supposed to contact me and never did. I followed up in days after hearing the file number and struggled to find anybody that knew anything. When I finally reached somebody (after multiple transfers and tons of hold times) I was told ANOTHER technician needs to come asses the fridge.

September 24th George’s Appliances came out a second time and said the same thing again to me. I had to chase Whirlpool around AGAIN after not hearing from them, and finally was able to get the email address to send my receipt and was told by Jan via email on September 28, 2022: “Thank you for sending in the receipt. The buyback will be processed for $946.65. Once we have the check back from the bank, it will be sent to our service provider, George's Appliance, who will contact you to set up a time to deliver the check and pick up the unit.” October 2, 2022 George’s Appliances reached out and said Whirlpool would be doing the exchange. I waited weeks, and called George’s Appliances on October 17, 2022 and they said they hadn’t heard anything and to call Whirlpool.

Today is the single worst customer service experience I have ever had. I was on hold for 30 minutes before speaking with somebody named Chrissy who said she didn’t handle the question I needed answered and transferred me to the “correct department.” I waited an additional hour and spoke with Tanya who said SHE didn’t handle the question either. She said I needed the Product Exchange Team. I pleaded with Tanya not to transfer me. I told her that whoever she transferred me to most likely wouldn’t help me and asked for the needed department to call me back or a direct number but she said there are no callbacks for that specific department and they don’t have a direct number. Tonya assured me it wouldn’t be a long hold, and went ahead and transferred. When she transferred there was a message saying that that department was closed for lunch and a call back later and disconnected the call.

I was beyond angry at this point for being transferred to a department that was out of the office and wasting all of my time and energy explaining the problem from person to person and never getting an answer. I feel it’s important to share this experience because it’s something that needs to be changed. More representatives are needed and need to be better trained. This has been the absolute worst company to deal with and somebody needs to hear this. I just want a company that recognizes their mistakes, treats customers correctly, and communicates appropriately.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

The ice maker does not put a lot ice. It sucks! The refrigerator does not cool below 60 degrees. This was a very expensive refrigerator. Repairman has been out many times. This was the most expensive refrigerator at Best Buy. Don't buy a Whirlpool!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator a little less than a year ago. Repairman has been out 4 times, and after leaving home for weekend, I will have to call again. Freezer and refrigerator stop cooling and freezing. I have list total about 300 worth of perishables. Very inconvenienced, frustrated, and unsatisfied with response from Whirlpool. Talking to a rep each time and having it serviced this much in such a short amount of time is ridiculous. I am over Whirlpool and this lemon fridge! I will be going to the media as my best step.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I bought a brand new Refrigerator on May/ 14/2022 delivered on May 17th, 2022. The freezer was not doing right, it was freezed and thawed my food out and refried. Due the COVID I had to wait until everyone in my family was cleared so finally called Whirlpool and finally got a service appointment on August 4th, 2022. Waited from August 4th until September 7th when the service company came out, replaced the parts. The freezer will not freeze. They came out 10 days later, told me they need the check the pressure. I need to set appointment for that. This has been going on for 6 months and my freezer still not fixed.

Whirlpool author review by Sandy Baker

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information