Whirlpool Refrigerators

• 3%
  • 3%
  • 82%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Where should I start. I purchased all Whirlpool appliances for my new home. Purchased them in June 2021. Did not buy extra warranty. Dryer is ok, washing machine the paint is bubbling up inside the lid and peeling, had to put flex all white tape to stop some areas that was the worst to prevent rust. The French door fridge the right side seal is ripping, had to use clear gorilla tape so it doesn’t rip anymore so I don’t lose cold from escape out. The microwave when you put something in and close the door it lights up door, I have to open door and close it again for it to turn on. The stove has this clicking noise that’s been doing it from day 1. The dishwasher where the steam escapes started rusting on right side. So there you go. I would not buy Whirlpool ever again. Good luck.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

If there was a no star they got it. Dual freezer, 4 door seemed a perfect fit for us. Within 12 months two door gaskets have ripped apart. Amateurish design. The tech said we are not opening the fridge correctly. Wow didn't know a door needs special opening instructions. Been never ending wait to get any response from their customer service. Sometimes they hang up after 30 plus min hold. It is easier to deal with IRS than trying to get anything done with their customer service on. Pitiful for such a storied brand. Stay away if you could but most of the other 'American' brands are all made in China for/by Whirlpool.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

This is definitely the worst company to buy electronics from. Their products are of the worst quality and their customer service is worse than I ever could imagine. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS EVER. I would rather throw my money than spend it on this company.

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Refrigerator from Whirlpool are worst one. They do not cool well. Plastic tray and vegetable basket are broken. They usually don't replace them. They give poor quality products. Automatic system doesn't work at all. Customer Service is worse.

Price

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Junk. Stay away. Purchased one new and it went bad in two years while under Warrenty so they replace it. Not 4 years later it has broken and will cost as much to fix as to replace with a different brand??

Price

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I wish I could leave no stars. 40 years on this planet I have non-stop consistently ran into problems with this brand only. Every appliance I have ever bought that was Whirlpool. I swear I would never buy another one and I was forced to most recently based on the dimensions. One of the most expensive refrigerators yet again nothing but problems nothing but issues I this time will never ever buy another Whirlpool appliance I will remodel first to accommodate any other brand.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I purchased a small 24-in wide Whirlpool refrigerator in October 2023 and 6 months later the compressor went out. The company sent out an appliance repair person that was completely unable to perform any repairs on anything. There was considerable delay and calling Whirlpool customer service did absolutely no good. After 6 weeks of not having a refrigerator working, I told Whirlpool customer service to drop the case. I'm going to buy something else.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Hello everyone, I'm stopping by to tell you about my most recent experience with a Whirlpool refrigerator. After just 10 days of use, both of my refrigerator's gaskets began to fall. I called the authorized Flamingo warranty service who determined that the doors needed to be replaced, which were ordered immediately, that was on March 18, 2024, finally on Monday, April 29, the upper door arrived, I contacted Whirlpool again and they did not Do they have any idea when I will be able to receive the lower door, according to them the doors take between 16 to 18 weeks. Ah, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Our 2022 RV came with a Whirlpool top freezer, 28" wide. It worked for a few months and then would not hold a cold temperature. Whirlpool authorized repair and the service tech came out 4 times and never got it working. Finally Whirlpool authorized a replacement but it only lasted 6 months, same problem of not staying cold. I bought the AIG warranty and now the fridge is under their repair control.

After several trips by the tech he said it was 'unrepairable' and to file a claim for replacement. AIG said they don't replace the unit they will only offer a buy out according to their terms. That was fine with me because I don't want another Whirlpool! The problem is that they only offered 60% of the cost of a replacement when the fridge is only 6 months old. (The factory warranty does not cover the replacement unit.) So I am out almost 40% of the cost of a new fridge but I am also out the $200 for the warranty and $50 for the disposal fee. Don't buy Whirlpool products and don't buy a warranty from AIG!

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Worst fridges ever. Wouldn't take one for free. First one didn't work out of the box, 6 months later they replaced it under warranty. The "new" one makes a horrible grinding noise loud enough to wake me up at night and the door seal falls out every time you open the door. Absolute junk.

Whirlpool author review by Sandy Baker

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information