Whirlpool Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought this refrigerator (Whirlpool Model # WRF9913F1FM00) last August 2016. From day 1, the water coming out from the water dispenser was not cold at all. Same temperature as the tap water. By November, the refrigerator started to get warm. Apparently, the evaporator fan motor had to be changed according to the technician who spent more than an hour on the phone with their technical advisor to diagnose the problem with the refrigerator. After a week, the refrigerator got fixed. Not only did the refrigerator started working again, even the water from the dispenser got finally cold, too.

Now four months later, March 2016, the same problem: the fridge started to not get cold again. In addition to that, the ice would not come out from the ice dispenser and water from the water dispenser is not cold again. When my husband checked inside the door, the ice were all clumped together. They looked like they melted. And even the ice in the freezer bin looked the same. And on top of this, the refrigerator was making so much noise. The technician was just here again today.

My new refrigerator was purchased in December 2016. The black finish was scratched by the installers wiping off their hand prints. The retailer offered to replace the doors which happened two months later. The black finish scratched IMMEDIATELY while cleaning of the installers fingerprints, using a silk microfiber towel though it looks like the cleaning was done with steel wool pads. I called Whirlpool and the retailer. Whirlpool says to order more replacement doors. Ha! Ha! I have had black appliances since 2000 in another home and there was NEVER a problem cleaning them.

I do not recommend WHIRLPOOL because of this problem with the stability of the black finish. I don't have a receipt or order number because the suite of appliances was purchased by the condo association, not me personally. But I can attest to the condition of the marred finish and the ludicrous solution provided by WHIRLPOOL customer service... order more doors. I guess you'd have to do that every week after you clean the front of the refrigerator.

I bought my refrigerator model #WRV986FDEM, in October. It has not made ice in over a month. I think its very unfair to purchase a product and not be able to use it. The technician has been out here twice and the situation is still not resolved. I understand that customer service is not a strong suit of your company but I am not a customer to be taken lightly. I paid almost three thousand dollars for this piece of junk and I want it to work properly. I find it unacceptable that the technician just left and the situation is not resolved. I will be posting my displeasure on every site I can today since I had to take yet another day off to accommodate you and your inferior product. ALL I WANT IS ICE from a fridge I bought 4 months ago. In the words of our illustrious president. Very, Very BAD.

Phone calls took too long (30-45 mins each). Connection was bad. WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCES ARE **. Whirlpool appliance was poor quality, broke down and not fixable. Unable to find replacement dryer ANYWHERE that will match my existing washer stacking kit. The "loyalty" program discount is a joke.

Had the entire kitchen remodeled. We bought a Whirlpool Gold French Door refrigerator from Sears, did not buy an extended service contract. The refrigerator has NEVER made an ice cube. The water dispenser in the left door sometimes works, mostly not. The fridge freezes the food inside, temp. set at 41°F. The entire ice maker has been replaced, several valves have been replaced, a service company rep. tore the back off the fridge, found some insulation misplaced, said he repaired that. We have been very patient. Three repair companies have been sent out by Whirlpool, two said the refrigerator CANNOT BE REPAIRED. Whirlpool told me the only resolution is repair.

Whirlpool's "Customer Experience Center" is a joke, they do nothing but try to schedule another repair call. Tell you how sorry they are about your problem but do nothing to solve the problem. Carefully trained to give you the BIG runaround and nothing else. You never get the same person twice or the same city twice. Patients exhausted. Calling my lawyer. I would strongly advise anyone needing a new refrigerator not to buy a Whirlpool product. You should also check the list of other brands they make, there are several. I wouldn't buy them either. Buy a fridge made in Japan by a Japanese company. They get it right and know the Quality Process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

We bought this fridge about 5 years ago, it was the exact same model as one we bought in 2003 but everything had changed, the plastic for the drawers was a fraction of the thickness in the older model and it breaks and cracks with the slightest bump like setting the lettuce in, the frame of the door is full of cracks and the fridge keeps leaking then freezing and making puddles on the floor. The little plastic tabs for the ice dispenser broke. It is absolute garbage. The one we bought in 2003 was great clearly the company has NO integrity or desire to make a decent product. I won't be buying anything Whirlpool EVER again.

My Whirlpool Gold, Model # G16FDRXxQ06, has failed four (4) separate times. In each case I lost thousands of dollars, mostly in high-quality frozen foods. A Sears repair service representative came and "repaired" the refrigerator. In less than a year, after each repair, I had to call again. Three of these failures resulted in the loss of my food because the refrigerator simply stopped running. Unfortunately, I had been away from home for more than a week. One failure was caused by water leaking. This was apparently caused by a frozen pipe under the refrigerator. The repairman said that this was a "routine" failure for this Whirlpool model. I would like to recover my financial loss from Whirlpool. Is there a process to claim my loss? Is there a better, more reliable refrigerator?

WRF993FIFM00 - HORRIBLE. I could not believe the reviews for this fridge... so I went ahead and bought it - WHAT A MISTAKE - service guy is at my house right now - fourth time in three months... fridge froze up and all my food has gone bad.

On August 16, 2016 I received delivery of an Whirlpool under counter refrigerator that I ordered online from Home Depot. Model # WUR50X24EM. Five months later, on January 10, 2017, it stopped working, I called Whirlpool for repair. They referred me to their service company, I called the service company the same day. They had a repairman out on the following Tuesday, 1/17/17. The repairman said that he will need to contact Whirlpool to order a part. Whirlpool sent him the wrong part. After numerous phone calls no one from Whirlpool could figure out the correct part number. The repairman kept sending over pictures and information on the correct part, but this all went nowhere with Whirlpool.

On 2/7/17, I called and started yelling. I had been very patient up to this point. I was finally offered by Whirlpool a "parts research" to determine exactly which part was needed. Plus a $50 Visa card to appease me. At this point, it's been four weeks without a refrigerator and no one from Whirlpool has put any effort towards trying to figure out the correct part. On 2/16/17, I called Whirlpool again to find out if they had found the correct part. They told me that the new part had been sent to the service company and Whirlpool scheduled me an appointment right then for Monday, 2/20/17.

So today is 2/20/17, the repairman came and went, Whirlpool once again failed, they lied because the repairman came out with the wrong part that was originally sent to him when he ordered the part back on 1/17/17. I called Whirlpool and asked for a manager. They connected me with the Resolution Specialist. I told her everything and pointed out that it has been six weeks without a refrigerator. She said she will take care of it and get the right part ordered. I asked her how long I should have to wait, cause at this point I have waited long enough. She said she will have an answer by the end of this week. I don't believe her, I feel as though Whirlpool is pacifying me. I don't understand why they can't order the correct part.

I have no faith in Whirlpool that they will do the right thing or have any understanding on how inconvenienced they have made me. I have no faith to the point that I ordered another refrigerator from a different manufacturer. It will be here tomorrow between 8am-12pm. Oh, and Home Depot, they washed their hands of this a long time ago. And, I have yet to see the $50 Visa Card.

I have a refrigerator model wrs325fdam. It's not a year old and I can't believe the runaround that I am getting from Whirlpool customer service. Come one day everything in freezer melting. Call a repair person. He come out, diagnose the problems, orders $825 worth of parts for a $899 refrigerator, puts the parts in. On the temperature in the freezer reads 80 degrees. No it's order $200 more parts for this scrap metal pile. At what point do the people give a damn at the consumer, it's not like anybody has common sense. I'm going on two weeks without a ten-month-old refrigerator and four days waiting for them to figure this out. Would not recommend Whirlpool to anyone who cares about fair treatment.

We purchased a Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator in December 2016. About 3 months later the back panel was frozen preventing it to cool. We unplugged it and called customer service. They sent out a repairman, but by then it had thawed out. He told me he couldn't fix what he couldn't see, but he didn't even check it out. Two months later it did the same thing. Then he said I must have left the door open. He made me look stupid. During that year he came out 4 times until he finally changed all parts.

We kept telling customer service we wanted a new one. After going back and forth with them they finally are reimbursing us, but they charged us $300.00 because we didn't want another Whirlpool product... now we found out they have the worst ratings and we certainly had a very bad experience not to mention all the food I had to throw out because of it. They did not care at all. So please do not purchase any Whirlpool products. I would not recommend that product to anyone.

I purchased this Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerator WRF990SLAMCO in 2012 and it cost me $2400.00 from Lowes. Worst purchase I ever made!!! I will never again purchase or recommend a Whirlpool product. I paid for extended service agreement from Lowes. Before the first year was over, ice was forming on the inside roof of the refrigerator and the whole cooling system/grid needed to be replaced. Then the cooling system went out, followed by the ice maker (PS the ice bucket container was rusted within the first year), then the whole electrical panel on the front of the refrigerator where the ice/water dispenser is.

For the last three weeks I have had water leaking out of the top of the refrigerator adjacent to the water filter. My home warranty won't cover. It is a $400.00 repair to replace the circuit that attaches from the water filter. I called Whirlpool 2/14/2017 to complain about the product. She tells me that there haven't been any complaints logged about the refrigerator. Seriously??? Read your reviews! The gal on the phone offered a discount to purchase a NEW PRODUCT! Are you serious??? Take my advice. DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL. They do not care about their customers or creating a well made USA product. I'll buy foreign next time!

Warranty services are trouble. For one (1) simple "washer part" it's taking over 2 months. They state it's on "back order"...while my food is wasting away. Whirlpool didn't even know what he was doing, and to the top it off, forgot to put back the part he took off!

EveryDay Care? Every day I hope the part needed to make my new Whirlpool refrigerator work again is delivered so it can be repaired. I bought it in December and since then the WRF992FIFM has had the ice maker fail and need replacement and the fan unit in the refrigerator went out 2 days later. It has been nearly a week now and I am using dry ice to keep my refrigerator cold enough to store some food. The authorized repair service did not have the part and Whirlpool is shipping it directly to me but I do not know when. No tracking info, nothing. Three days and no delivery.

Then I must call the repair service back to schedule yet another appointment to install it. Meanwhile, I am paying $13.00 to $20.00 per day for dry ice, not to mention the time I had to take off of work for three service calls - for an appliance I took delivery of on December 21st! Less than 2 months. I am finding out quickly that Whirlpool is very generous with apologies and stingy with results. I should have checked the Whirlpool FB page before making my purchase. But they sure are quick to try and sell you the extended warranty. I am developing a whopping case of buyer's remorse.

First whirlpool 3 door with ice maker in door failed in less than a year. Took 6 months to resolve issue, several service calls, at least 30 calls to Lowe's and Whirlpool with little or no response. Nobody wanted to take responsibility to do something about my broken fridge. Even the authorized repair guy didn't want to touch it, didn't want to ruin his reputation because they won't stay fixed. Another service guy wanted to take it to the shop to repair, of course I would be responsible for pickup and delivery charge. Found out the repair was an in home repair, so didn't use that guy, I felt like he was trying to rip me off.

I finally got to the right people in whirlpool organization and they replaced the fridge, that took another two weeks. I found everything takes two weeks. The replacement was supposed to be same model with upgrade, this is gold series fridge I've been talking about. New fridge has failed also, seems like same symptoms. It lasted 1 yr and 4 or 5 months. I guess not too bad for a top of the line refrigerator, made by Whirlpool. Gonna give them a chance to make it right or I am considering hauling it around in my truck with a sign on it. Not trying to punish the distributor, just Whirlpool. This product is so bad the government should step in and force Whirlpool to give money back.

We had bought a whirlpool refrigerator (Model - DC 205 5S/2016) in late April 2016. Initially I noticed a whirring sound after 6-7 hours of switching it on. As nobody from whirlpool had come for installation or any follow up even after requesting, we let it go thinking that nothing could go wrong with a new fridge. Nevertheless, the disturbing sound continued, until I noticed exposed wires running crisscross atop the freezer box and below it, one even preventing the chiller tray to be pulled out easily. Also, we had to get a stabilizer to reduce the notice even though it was written in big bold letters that it was a Stabilizer free refrigerator.

After 8 months of owning it, we went for a three-day trip leaving the refrigerator on and set at point 3 in the cooling knob of which 5 is the maximum. On returning back, I noticed a crack at the top right corner of the freezer door and saw that ice had built up covering that side of the freezer inside. Again, as I had to leave for office within 1 hour, I let it rest and went. In the evening we noticed that the crack had extended, so we defrosted the fridge. The next morning I found a small piece of the freezer door floating in the defrosted water, and the freezer door was unhinged and askew at the top, in fact a part of the freezer door's upper right hinge had broken due to maybe the pressure of ice buildup, which had caused the crack that we saw.

Shocking it was at first to learn that a freezer door be made of such low standard material ignoring the other fact of wires jutting out of the freezer at top and bottom. As the warranty period was 12 months, I immediately called the customer care, who put me on hold for 8-10minutes and disconnected, this repeated 2 times after which I was frustrated enough and vowed not to use the freezer again.

After almost a month a more responsible member of my family took it upon himself and raised a complaint which was answered and a service person came home with a dirty looking and completely scratched piece of replacement door for the freezer. He informed that plastic pieces never came in warranty and we had to pay for it. Upon asking for further clarification he called his manager, Hemanth who was too rude and informed "Madam you have pulled the freezer door apart which has caused this." Also, he was asking me specifically "are you lying as you said initially that you left for 3days and now you said 5 days?" We had left on a Friday night and came back on Tuesday morning, which means 3 complete days out of station. I never knew the exact number of days mattered as a fridge was supposed to be switched on continuously for days.

Also, finally Hemanth was informing like "if it was some mechanical or electrical fault we could have done it free of cost." So, I reported the whirring noise and the wires jutting out of the freezer tray. He blabbered at first and then informed me that the sound might be due to voltage fluctuation if you are not using a stabilizer (we were using one even though the fridge was a stabilizer free operation one, phew) and the wires issue he completely ignored claiming it as normal.

So we paid in full for the dirty and scratched replacement door and also had to be called as liars and blamed that we had literally pulled off the door. Also, he was the most unprofessional manager that I had ever spoken to as he closed the conversation with, "If it was LG or Samsung, they would never even have come for service like this." Enough was enough... Never in my life would I have anything to do with whirlpool nor will suggest this brand to anybody.

They use such low-quality products. The warranty promises are just scam + even the managers are so insulting and bad mannered to the extent that I never want to deal with them anymore. Also, they don't think twice before just blaming the customers for their low-quality products. In all my years so far I have never come across a brand that treat their customer's like this.

My stainless steel french door refrigerator's compressor quit working and needed replaced after 3 years and 10 months. I had to buy a replacement kit and it cost 400.00. The repairman cost 175.00. I tried to buy an extended warranty but they do not sell them. You get a 1 year warranty. The repairman told me you will be very lucky if you get 4 years out of the replacement. He said all of the new compressors are really junk. Remember when refrigerators used to last 30 to 40 years. Not anymore. It is a money racket. Do not buy anything Energy Star, it is all junk. I have gone through 5 washing machines in 18 years, and I live here by myself.

Whirlpool provides free replacement parts to repair this design problem but won't pay the service charges to repair their design problem. I purchased a KitchenAid french door style refrigerator (KBFS25EWMS10, SN K31902118) and it leaks water on the kitchen floor. At first I just mopped it up but later discovered they have a design problem in their drain system and water backs up into the freezer dept and eventually on to the floor. Customer Service provides free improved replacement parts for this design problem but won't pay the service charges to have the parts replaced. Simply put, Whirlpool/KitchenAid do not stand behind their product quality, instead they pass the problem and service charge cost for their design problem on to the consumer. Beware of this appliance supplier!

How can Whirlpool deliver a new refrigerator/freezer and refuse to include a shelf in the freezer even though there are rails built in on the sidewalls to support a shelf??? Of course they will sell me one. The cheapness of today's manufacturers is appalling especially in light of the prices they charge.

Bought unit from Lowe's in july 2017. Shortly after icicles started forming on the roof of the freezer near where the door & frame meet. Called authorized service repair company to have them check out. Tech knew right away what was wrong. Appears Whirlpool has the parts made in China & then assembled in the USA. China has overfilled the freezer door with insulation warping the door. This makes the door seal sag on the bottom & pull away on the right side. No way to repair. Was told they need to order a new freezer door.

Weeks later I get a call that Whirlpool cannot get a door replacement!!! Said they will give Lowes a store credit. The floor model at Lowes has the same defect. When Lowes ordered a replacement unit they opened the packing & found that this unit has the same defect. I am replacing with a Frigidaire! Where is the quality control at Whirlpool. Anyone at Whirlpool who puts these units together could not help but see this defect - but ignores it & ships it out anyway. Thats what you get from farming stuff out to China. No excuse on Whirlpools part. Maybe Trump can save Whirlpool.

Product: Whirlpool Gold Series, Model WRX988SIBM01: Purchased 2014 at Lowe's. 2nd day after delivery, called Whirlpool, refrigerator not working properly, freezer drawer will not close, condensation on outside. Sent person that delivered the refrigerator to "fix" problem, freezer had frozen ice behind each drawer approximately 2 inches that would not allow drawers to close. Delivery person used hair dryer to melt ice and adjusted drawers. Still periodically have to physically remove ice build up to allow drawers in freezer to seal properly. Ice maker stopped working, makes no ice at all, ice comes from inside refrigerator not from freezer, bad design.

Today woke up to freezer drawers completely thawed and had to throw away all food, panel shows temperature at -2*. All food thawed and unable to be cooked/used. Called Whirlpool could not send someone until next Tuesday (4 days). We are a family of 5 and cannot wait that long. Unfortunately have called 3 other appliance companies only to find that refrigerator has to be repaired by "special technicians"! This is our first Whirlpool, bought because "made in America", have been very disappointed with our $2500.00 purchase. Not sure that we will ever purchase another Whirlpool product, our inclination will be to buy less expensive product and choose to replace as opposed to paying recurring service calls + parts and labor.

I bought this Whirlpool french door, bottom freezer refrigerator for $2100. In 10 years I have replaced the compressor three (3) times. Bad design and a real piece of crap! I was told by Sears that all Bottom freezer Whirlpool refrigerators are made by Amana. That is why I bought the frig. I've had wonderful experiences with Whirlpool and Amana product in the past, but this time their design is so flawed.

Hello. We bought this refrigerator from Costco, so we can have extended one year warranty for the appliance. When we need this then we are not getting help. Our Fridge is not working from last couple of weeks. Technician came a day late to see the fridge, then order the part on the 01/03/2017, I didn't hear back from service provider till 01/11/2017. Finally I got a callback after spend an hour on the phone saying that it will take one more week. I had to call Whirlpool to expedite service and because of weekend I have to wait another 4 days to get the part.

There are 7 people living in my house including 2 yr old. We are having hard time with the food and waste of food. We probably throw away $200 worth of food. And spending money every single day on food. I have to buy every other day for my 2 yr old. Whenever I tried to call for compensation, I get transferred to different department. I am so tired with this kind of service. I would never buy any appliance from Costco or Never refer to anyone. Very very bad service.

Price was right on this model after previous model quit on a long weekend while we were gone. This has been a good refrigerator and has performed flawlessly up until now when the ice dispenser quit working. It is a cheap fix, though. All in all I would buy another Whirlpool because it is American made.

I'M single, and my current refrigerator meets my basic needs quite well. One drawback -- it has an ice making machine which I never use. Therefore, that takes up room in the freezer which could be used for frozen foods.

The refrigerator itself is noisy but that's not the problem. Most of my low ratings are because of the ice maker. Instead of being in the freezer it is up in the refrigerators area. It jams a lot, makes a lot of noise, had to replace the ice maker assy inside it already as it quit. Then the defrost water drain plugged and had to be cleaned out. Too many problems for such a new refrigerator. The refrig. itself works fine but get one with ice maker in the freezer.

I purchased the fridge 2nd hand in 2013. It was 10 years old at the time. It is still going strong & I purchased it because it has a frost-free freezer that never needs de-frosting and I love the features & size - its the PERFECT FRIDGE. What I look for in a fridge is it's colour - I like metal\steel grey colour. I go for reputation & quality. Frost free is the biggest factor that determines my purchases, long-term (10-year min.) warranty & guarantee, size.

Refrigerator is good, keeps food at a good temperature, freezer keeps even ice cream solid. Only fault is draw in freezer does not hold as much as the old bottom freezer with separate unit for a draw. The refrigerator is nice looking and does the job. It just seems that manufacturers are always trying to make things better, but usually features were fine in older models.

When our home burned down, had to get a manufactured home. Orig. refrigerator size was 32 cu.ft. This one that came w/ the house is a lot smaller. We've has issues with ice dispenser several times in the 18 months we've been here. But I would recommend this size.

The refrigerator has excellent quality, low noise level, clean lines and enough room for produce and frozen foods. Would recommend this to friends. This replaces a Whirlpool refrigerator that was over 30 years old. The original unit still works extremely well and we gave it to a family that needed a refrigerator and they were very happy to receive it. It looked as new as the day I purchased it 30 years ago.

Compare Refrigerators