2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Love my new Whirlpool Refrigerator! Works well and no problems for the last year. Filters are pricey but found some at Lowe’s cheaper. Whirlpool stays in touch frequently emailing information about their products, some useful some not applicable. Would I buy this refrigerator again? Yes, I love the ice maker, it is quite large (enough to fill a small cooler), and the convenience of crushed or cubed ice is nice. Most people complain about the motors are loud yet we have not experienced that.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my Whirlpool side by side refrigerator over 13 years ago and have had no problems with it so far. One complaint, though, is the plastic slide out drawers which tend to get brittle over time and crack making it hard to keep them on the track. The side by side style isn't the best for storage in that each side is quite narrow, although I don't know if having the slide out freezer on the bottom is the perfect answer, either. Overall, I can't complain about the price or reliability of Whirlpool products!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

When we purchased our home in 2017, it came with the the side by side, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and water dispenser in the door, stainless steel finish. It is now 4 years old. It had a two year warranty, (expired in 2018). As of now, it has never required servicing. The temperature control works very well, both the fridge and the freezer maintain very adequate cold temperatures with minimal cost to run. The ice dispenser allows the user to choose between crushed or cubed ice along with the option to turn off the ice maker when full when not needed.

The water dispensed remains cold and the water filters are economical, less than $25 that last around 6 months each. The shelves in both sides are roomy, adjustable and easy to clean as are the two crisper drawers in the fridge and the one in the freezer. The in the door shelves on both sides are also roomy and adjustable. The stainless steel exterior is easy to clean and hides fingerprints well. We are very satisfied with the functionality and aesthetics of the Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for one.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The shelves in the newer units are plastic not glass with metal and they rip/break holding heavy contains like gallons of milk, and they are more expensive to replace. I just wish they would go back to building things like in the old days. My last refrigerator lasted 20 years. I've had this one a year paid twice the price and already had to replace shelves and trays for it..

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Whirlpool refrigerators are best whenever I used many refrigerators. It provide many useful service to users. It allow us to store different varieties of products including vegetables, fruits, beverages and many more. It can make cube ice for to use in different drinks, products, etc. It consume less energy to used this Whirlpool refrigerator products. We used Whirlpool refrigerator with less stress of storages of fresh vegetables and fruits. Water is main thing we used to store in this fridge, it maintain temperature well for cool and fresh taste of nectar of nature. Nowadays, refrigerator are used widely in our locality especially Whirlpool which I mentioned them earlier to buy this awesome product to give comfort of mankind. I recommend Whirlpool refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Bought a new side-by-side in 7/2020 from Lowe's in Keller, Texas. Salesman won me over with the "buy American" pitch claiming if the need ever arises for parts I would be far better off than with LG which orders their parts from South Korea. I bit, and bought, and now regret. The refrigerator dispenses water randomly and I must keep a glass under the dispenser all the time and empty it when it gets full. Under warranty they say! Well here it is September and after being on hold for an hour each time (6 times as of today) I attempt to get help they tell me that "the part" W11293378 is not available and will not be made until after this month? BEWARE this brand. This is a poorly ran company and buyers would be better served to look elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I bought the Whirlpool mini frig from Target 3 years ago thinking it was made by whirlpool in USA!!!!

1) not really made by whirlpool!! Made by Glantz from China. Common deception of USA and Chinese mfg to fool consumers is to license a well known

Brand to glantz in china. Glantz mfg almost all mini frigs under dozens of well known brands. Federal Trade Commission should ban this kind of deceptive marketing. Complain to the FTC Wash DC!!!

2) Chinese mfg gantz mfg defects and how I fixed them:
    A) back of freezer compartment open, freezer does not freeze
    B) 45f inside not 40f!!!
    C) defective thermostat remedies: 1) aluminum foil to seal back freezer 2) weather stripping around door to bring temp from f45 to 40f.

D) used Youtube video to adjust defective thermostat, until I can find a replacement thermostat!!! Dys videos: watch youtube repair videos before you trash your frig. 2) check the country of origin, if it's made in china, it will not last very long!! 3) buy an extended warranty for any chinese product. You can buy generic frig replacement parts on eBay!!

Yes chinese products are cheap, but they do not last!!! One good thing!!! This is a very quiet frig.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Have two Whirlpool refrigerators. Both perform well. Love the glass shelves, which make it easy to see what's inside and to keep clean. The newest one has the water dispenser inside and not in the door. Would probably not even consider another brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

When I bought the house in 1999, an existing refrigerator was part of the appliances that "came with the house --- A Whirlpool 2 door. The first couple of months, there was no problem... As the refrigerator began to age, it would sometimes make a humming noise, not too loud. When it became clear (via manual) that the state of the refrigerator was my responsibility. I also wanted to know how I would be getting automatic ice via an Icemaker. I don't recall there being a coordinated use manual for this item. My estimate is at 1999, the refrigerator had been in place/in use for about 10 years.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I have had my fridge (model WRX735SDHZ02) for 6 months now and it has never worked properly. All our food was getting frozen so we bought a thermometer to check the temperature inside the fridge and it was showing around 22F. The technician came 4 times and finally said that the fridge couldn't be fixed. He asked me to call Whirlpool since there was nothing else he could do. Every time I have called Whirlpool (6 times already) the wait times have been between 52 minutes to almost 1.5 hours.

When I called customer service to tell them the technician said the fridge can't be fixed, Whirlpool said that I had to contact the technician again and schedule another visit. Whirlpool said the technician had to call them from MY home and tell them the fridge can't be fixed. I asked why couldn't the technician just call them now to let them know and why did I have to schedule another visit for that? Whirlpool said it was "protocol". Makes absolutely no sense. In a nutshell, it's been 6 months and my fridge is still not fixed and Whirlpool is not being helpful. If I could go back I would not buy Whirlpool.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team