2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I own a top two door refrigerator cabinet with a middle drawer meat cooler and a pull-out out lower chest freezer. The ice maker is built into the door and it is a very simple to operate and stable appliance. The refrigerator's space is very functional and flexible for your food storage.. We have moved it 3 times and never had a problem. It is my wife's favorite appliance and fits our needs perfectly without a lot of bells and whistles. The ice maker filter is easy to change and the ice maker itself is super reliable. The model number is WRX735SDBM00. We have been Maytag and Whirlpool appliance owners forever because of their reliability and the ease of used to clean them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is a replacement of a similar model, that lasted 23 years. This modest, white, 2 door, side by side refrigerator, was purchased without the optional ice maker. It was bought specifically for the dimensions, of our custom cabinets. There are obvious differences, from the previous incarnation. The textured doors were replaced with a smooth glossy finish and their height extends higher than the refrigerator cabinet. The adjustable shelves were replaced with less adjustable pre fixed shelf supports. The LED interior lighting is much brighter that the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Overall, so far a very capable refrigerator, for a moderately sized kitchen and if the life, lasts as long as the one it replaced, this was a very good purchase.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I have the side by side refrigerator. I have had it for about 15 years. It has the clear adjustable drawers and shelves in the refrigerator side. It has worked well for my family. Repairs include door cams on the refrigerator side and the plastic unit for the ice cube maker as you cannot get just the plastic gear that some of the teeth broke on. I was able to do these repairs myself. The freezer side can be tight on larger items. I also own a chest freezer so this alleviates that issue. I think I would prefer the freezer across the bottom vs a side by side. All in all this has been a really good refrigerator and I would stick with the Whirlpool brand.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

When we purchased our home in 2017, it came with the the side by side, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and water dispenser in the door, stainless steel finish. It is now 4 years old. It had a two year warranty, (expired in 2018). As of now, it has never required servicing. The temperature control works very well, both the fridge and the freezer maintain very adequate cold temperatures with minimal cost to run. The ice dispenser allows the user to choose between crushed or cubed ice along with the option to turn off the ice maker when full when not needed.

The water dispensed remains cold and the water filters are economical, less than $25 that last around 6 months each. The shelves in both sides are roomy, adjustable and easy to clean as are the two crisper drawers in the fridge and the one in the freezer. The in the door shelves on both sides are also roomy and adjustable. The stainless steel exterior is easy to clean and hides fingerprints well. We are very satisfied with the functionality and aesthetics of the Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for one.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Whirlpool refrigerators are best whenever I used many refrigerators. It provide many useful service to users. It allow us to store different varieties of products including vegetables, fruits, beverages and many more. It can make cube ice for to use in different drinks, products, etc. It consume less energy to used this Whirlpool refrigerator products. We used Whirlpool refrigerator with less stress of storages of fresh vegetables and fruits. Water is main thing we used to store in this fridge, it maintain temperature well for cool and fresh taste of nectar of nature. Nowadays, refrigerator are used widely in our locality especially Whirlpool which I mentioned them earlier to buy this awesome product to give comfort of mankind. I recommend Whirlpool refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Whirlpool freezerless refrigerator quit after 17 months. Bought it brand new. APPLIANCE INFORMATION. Merchandise REFRIGERATOR. Brand Name WHIRLPOOL. Model Number WRR56X18FW02. Serial Number U90502841. Highly disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Owned it for approximately 15 years and has never had any problems with it all. I would highly recommend this product because it is affordable and easy to care for. It even comes with a filter for water. Great refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Just got new side by side to replace old one. Motor runs every 30 minutes. Stays cold and makes ice but I'm concerned about noise. Called Whirlpool and was told to record noise and show to Home Depot where it was purchased. No help from either place. Need to call warranty company. Funny thing it arrived with pieces of some sort of shrub in drawers. I guess this is new and improved and energy saving like newer washer that takes 45 minutes to wash a load.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This is for Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator model# GSF26C5EXW00. Water filter housing failed after 11 years - not hard to replace and new one for sale on ebay for $70. 2 or 3 times a year the ice in ice maker hangs up, so ice doesn't dispense. Just have to loosen 2 screws to take cover off ice maker and melt ice using hair dryer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

We love our new whirlpool side by side fridge. It has plenty of space inside and the bottom freezer is great. The water come out from the inside of the fridge vs a front dispenser. It’s just the typical ice dispenser in the freezer vs ice dispenser on the front of the fridge. The only downfall is that there is no sensor to alert you if the freezer door or fridge doors aren’t fully closed. My last fridge that was over 10 years old has that sounding sensor which is a lifesaver with children. It helps save your food items from half defrosted and frozen from a door being left slightly ajar.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team