Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I own a top two door refrigerator cabinet with a middle drawer meat cooler and a pull-out out lower chest freezer. The ice maker is built into the door and it is a very simple to operate and stable appliance. The refrigerator's space is very functional and flexible for your food storage.. We have moved it 3 times and never had a problem. It is my wife's favorite appliance and fits our needs perfectly without a lot of bells and whistles. The ice maker filter is easy to change and the ice maker itself is super reliable. The model number is WRX735SDBM00. We have been Maytag and Whirlpool appliance owners forever because of their reliability and the ease of used to clean them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is a replacement of a similar model, that lasted 23 years. This modest, white, 2 door, side by side refrigerator, was purchased without the optional ice maker. It was bought specifically for the dimensions, of our custom cabinets. There are obvious differences, from the previous incarnation. The textured doors were replaced with a smooth glossy finish and their height extends higher than the refrigerator cabinet. The adjustable shelves were replaced with less adjustable pre fixed shelf supports. The LED interior lighting is much brighter that the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Overall, so far a very capable refrigerator, for a moderately sized kitchen and if the life, lasts as long as the one it replaced, this was a very good purchase.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I have the side by side refrigerator. I have had it for about 15 years. It has the clear adjustable drawers and shelves in the refrigerator side. It has worked well for my family. Repairs include door cams on the refrigerator side and the plastic unit for the ice cube maker as you cannot get just the plastic gear that some of the teeth broke on. I was able to do these repairs myself. The freezer side can be tight on larger items. I also own a chest freezer so this alleviates that issue. I think I would prefer the freezer across the bottom vs a side by side. All in all this has been a really good refrigerator and I would stick with the Whirlpool brand.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

When we purchased our home in 2017, it came with the the side by side, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and water dispenser in the door, stainless steel finish. It is now 4 years old. It had a two year warranty, (expired in 2018). As of now, it has never required servicing. The temperature control works very well, both the fridge and the freezer maintain very adequate cold temperatures with minimal cost to run. The ice dispenser allows the user to choose between crushed or cubed ice along with the option to turn off the ice maker when full when not needed.

The water dispensed remains cold and the water filters are economical, less than $25 that last around 6 months each. The shelves in both sides are roomy, adjustable and easy to clean as are the two crisper drawers in the fridge and the one in the freezer. The in the door shelves on both sides are also roomy and adjustable. The stainless steel exterior is easy to clean and hides fingerprints well. We are very satisfied with the functionality and aesthetics of the Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for one.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Whirlpool refrigerators are best whenever I used many refrigerators. It provide many useful service to users. It allow us to store different varieties of products including vegetables, fruits, beverages and many more. It can make cube ice for to use in different drinks, products, etc. It consume less energy to used this Whirlpool refrigerator products. We used Whirlpool refrigerator with less stress of storages of fresh vegetables and fruits. Water is main thing we used to store in this fridge, it maintain temperature well for cool and fresh taste of nectar of nature. Nowadays, refrigerator are used widely in our locality especially Whirlpool which I mentioned them earlier to buy this awesome product to give comfort of mankind. I recommend Whirlpool refrigerator.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have a kitchen collection of Whirlpool products, not even 2 1/2 years old. I have had nothing but issues. Microwave was completely rebuilt within few months, refrigerator and freezer multiple issues. Latest is the freezer stopped working, now my good is ruined!!! Won't always make ice in the icemaker. Already had to replace freezer door because it was warped and the seal didn't work and now my dishwasher isn't working!!! **!!! I waited 20 years for a new kitchen, finally got one and did extensive research thinking I was safe with whirlpool. I was wrong. So now what, what happens when the warranty runs out, I'm screwed. Shame on you whirlpool for putting out crappy products and doing NOTHING to try and fix this!!

Original review: May 25, 2021

First twice the frame that holds the crisper drawers broken. We bought parts and fixed worked for only short time. Second we bought extended warranty from Home Depot for 5 years. At about 4.5 years ice maker started freezing up. The valve that controls the amt of water that goes in was broken. Had it fixed under warranty. Started having a little problem with it in a couple months. Lasted 8 months. Broke again. Froze up. Had to pound on ice maker compartment door to get open. Once again water overflowed. Froze everything up. Called. Of course our of warranty now expired. Called the guy that put the ice maker repair parts in. The part under warranty but now I have to pay for labor and them coming out to look at it. Now why would I want to put another defective ice maker in. I called Whirlpool. They didn’t care. We have many Maytag appliances in our home but they will be the last. The appliances they make now are cheaply made.

Original review: May 24, 2021

They will not honor the extended warranty on their fridge which I've had for less than three years which will not defrost making me lose thousands in spoiled food. Extended warranties are contracts and this company should be penalized and shut down for fraud.

Original review: May 18, 2021

We recently purchased a refrigerator from a reputable local appliance store after months of shopping and comparing and research. As an opinion, Whirlpool seemed to set the standard for a quality appliance. Unfortunately, we failed miserably by buying this side-by-side fridge. Two unsolvable problems. First, the cold side door is extremely difficult to open. I've tried ALL gasket lube methods and failed. Second, the "stainless" steel used on the front of the machine is obviously low grade that accepts magnets and is almost impossible to clean weekly without streaking. They were kind enough to provide us with their special cleaner {free} but it takes about an hour and a half to use for moderate success.

The lady on the help desk listened but seemed rather "cold" and uninterested in the problems. At this point, we would be willing to pay the extra and go to a Kitchen Aid instead. Our advise is beware of these types of issues and get some kind of guarantee from your store when buying a WHIRLPOOL refrigerator. This is simply terrible.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I purchased a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator in July 2020. Earlier this month I had a tree pull down a power line and disconnect the neutral, allowing a full surge of power to go through my house. It fried the exhaust hood, literally melting the components. It also fried my refrigerator. The electrician who reconnected my home signed an affidavit that the refrigerator was permanently damaged due to the surge. When contacting Whirlpool to file a claim, I was on hold over an hour before getting a person. This happens every time you attempt to contact them, so patience is required.

I was not able to get a service call on my refrigerator for 2 weeks (5/17/21) so that left me without a refrigerator. The service company showed up early and I had no choice but to leave my job or reschedule another 2 weeks out. The tech said he could only repair and made an attempt to contact Whirlpool to get the unit replaced and he was on hold for over 30 minutes. They declined and said because it was an "act of God" they could not replace it. I was already having issues with the unit before the surge of a constant defrost that was causing food to spoil due to melting then refreezing causing freezer burn. I also lost over $500 worth of food. They don't cover. It also caused the icemaker to constantly freeze up. Now it will take at least another 2 weeks for the replacement part to fix and a refrigerator is not something you can go without that long. I had a concern this would happen.

When speaking with customer I service, they said they just needed the tech to confirm it was damaged to replace it. At this point he said he does not know if the piece (on 2 weeks backorder) will fix it. They can only tell after the fact. He said Whirlpool only "fixes" and does not replace, which is not what Home Depot informed me when inquiring into the warranty with Whirlpool. They said Power Surges are covered. So with this in mind, I would seriously consider buying from Whirlpool. Things break, situations happen and no one should have to go without a refrigerator for over a month because they "may" be able to fix it. Then there is the concern if something is melted/destroyed inside, if it could cause a fire in the future. Will never buy another Whirlpool appliance again. They can't stand behind their products, the products are worthless. And yes, I am very upset. Again - just had Whirlpool tell me it's not covered as it is an act of God! ARGH -

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances that makes a number of different styles of refrigerators. The company manufactures refrigerators under a number of different brand names.

• Variety: Whirlpool offers a wide range of refrigerators of many different sizes and styles, such as French door, side-by-Side, top freezer and bottom freezer.

• Matching appliances: Whirlpool also makes a number of other kitchen appliances, such as stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and compactors so that homeowners can outfit their kitchens in matching appliances.

• Extended service plans: Whirlpool offers extended service plans that include 24/7 Toll-free call support, help from expert technicians and repair/replacement as needed.

• Eco-friendly and Energy Star-rated: Whirlpool devotes itself to reducing its global footprint and features products with low energy usage that are more eco-friendly than other refrigerators.

• Accessories: Whirlpool provides many refrigerator accessories, such as ice trays, shelving units, drawers, beverage containers and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team