SimpliSafe vs. Alert 360
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
SimpliSafe and Alert 360 comparison
If you’re choosing between SimpliSafe and Alert 360, it’s important to know the differences between the two. There are many similarities between the two, but there are also some crucial differences that will make one a better choice for you. It’s essential to know all the options when choosing your home security provider.
Installation and cost
|Installation fee||Free||$99 to $199|
|Upfront cost||Build-your-own systems start at $135 with interactive monitoring||Equipment included in monthly fee|
|Trial period||60-days; 100% satisfaction or return for full refund||None listed|
|Contract terms||No-contract options available||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
|DIY||Free||Build-your-own systems start at $135 with interactive monitoring||60-days; 100% satisfaction or return for full refund||No-contract options available|
|Professional||$99 to $199||Equipment included in monthly fee||None listed||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$15 to $25||$49.95 to $59.95|
|Monitoring options||Professional or self-monitored||Professional|
|Upgraded self-monitoring||Not offered||—|
|24/7 professional monitoring||$15/month||Starting at $49.95|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$25/month||$59.95|
|$15 to $25||Professional or self-monitored||Free||Not offered||$15/month||$25/month|
|$49.95 to $59.95||Professional||—||—||Starting at $49.95||$59.95|
|Wired or wireless?||Wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Siren||Audible panel siren|
|Panic button||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Audible panel siren||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Garage door control||—|
|Smoke detector||Not listed|
|Mobile app monitoring|
|Notification/alert options||Push, text and email||Email and text|
|Home automation capabilities|
|Other integrations||Amazon Alexa, Google Home, August Locks||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
|4.8||4.3||Push, text and email||Amazon Alexa, Google Home, August Locks|
|4.3||3.7||Email and text||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||2.3||1.8|
|Verified customer reviews||SimpliSafe reviews||Alert 360 reviews|
|1.8||Alert 360 reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
SimpliSafe is known for its easy-to-install, wireless DIY home security devices. The company offers professional installation if you decide you need some help. Customers can choose 24/7 professional monitoring with no contract required or self-monitoring.
In addition to standard home security equipment such as motion sensors and cameras, SimpliSafe offers several smart-home integration devices such as temperature, smoke and CO sensors, smart locks and panic buttons. You can return your system within 60 days if you’re not satisfied. SimpliSafe also sells refurbished systems at discounted prices.
- The Foundation includes a base station, one entry sensor, a keypad and one motion sensor. It costs $229.
- The Essentials includes the base station, one motion sensor, three entry sensors and a keypad. The equipment package costs $259.
- The Hearth includes one base station, a keypad, one motion sensor, a siren, a key fob, three entry sensors and a smoke detector. It’s available for $374.
- The Knox includes a base station, six entry sensors, two motion sensors, a keypad, a key fob, a siren and a smoke detector. It costs $449.
- The Haven has the most equipment of SimpliSafe’s packages — it includes the base station, a key fob, a siren, a panic button, four entry sensors, a keypad, a smoke detector, two motion sensors, a temperature sensor and a water sensor. This comprehensive equipment package costs $489.
- Build Your Own System starts at $184 for a keypad and base station. You can then purchase additional equipment as needed.
What SimpliSafe customers say
Customers frequently mention how easy it is to install the SimpliSafe system and say they enjoy using the app to monitor their system. Some customers experienced issues with equipment functionality.
About Alert 360
Alert 360 customizes full smart-home security and interactive home automation systems. It has a comprehensive selection of devices with Z-wave compatibility. The company offers professional installation and 24/7 monitoring. If you suffer a loss due to a home break-in or fire when your system is on, Alert 360 will reimburse your insurance deductible (up to $1,360). All plans come with a free app, and you can get free monitoring when you refer friends.
Alert 360 plans
All plans include 24/7 alarm monitoring, though professional installation costs extra. Prices quotes are for Dallas, Texas, and may vary by location.
- Complete Smart Home includes a touch-screen panel, a video doorbell, a keyless door lock, one motion sensor, three window sensors and a wireless HD indoor camera. It costs $54.95 a month.
- Door Command includes a touch-screen panel, a video doorbell, three window sensors, one motion sensor and a keyless door lock. It costs $49.95 a month.
- Smart Door Lock comes with a touch-screen panel, a keyless door lock, one motion sensor and three window sensors. It runs $44.95 per month with monitoring.
- Smart Home Video comes with a touch-screen panel, wireless indoor camera, one motion sensor and three window sensors. It costs $44.95 per month.
What Alert 360 customers say
Alert360 has mixed reviews on ConsumerAffairs, with satisfied customers describing professional service and saying their complaints were resolved. Other customers express concern over equipment functionality and difficulty canceling their contract.
Bottom line: SimpliSafe or Alert 360?
SimpliSafe has options for DIY installation and monitoring with no contract required, while Alert 360 requires professional installation and monitoring of its systems with a 36-month contract. Alert 360 focuses on smart-home automation; SimpliSafe offers just a few home automation components.
- SimpliSafe is best for customers who want a DIY option and a choice between professional or self-monitoring with no contract.
- Alert 360 is best for customers looking for a complete home security and automation solution with professional installation.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.