ADT vs. Alert 360
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
What is the difference between ADT and Alert 360?
ADT and Alert 360 sell professionally installed and monitored security packages. Both companies offer a wide variety of products — more than many other companies in the market today — with smart-home and automation features. ADT has more industry experience than Alert 360, but Alert 360 comes in at a lower price point. Alert 360 is only available in 26 states as of now, however.
Installation and cost
|Installation type||Pro installation||Professional|
|Installation fee||$99 to $199 (may be included in package price)||$99 to $199|
|Upfront cost||$599 to $1,049 upfront or $9.98 to $17.48 monthly for 60 months||Equipment included in monthly fee|
|Trial period||6-month money-back guarantee||None listed|
|Contract terms||36 months (60 months if financing equipment)||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
|Pro installation||$99 to $199 (may be included in package price)||$599 to $1,049 upfront or $9.98 to $17.48 monthly for 60 months||6-month money-back guarantee||36 months (60 months if financing equipment)|
|Professional||$99 to $199||Equipment included in monthly fee||None listed||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$28.99 to $57.99||$49.95 to $59.95|
|24/7 professional monitoring||Starting at $45.99||Starting at $49.95|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$57.99/month||$59.95|
|$28.99 to $57.99||Professional||—||—||Starting at $45.99||$57.99/month|
|$49.95 to $59.95||Professional||—||—||Starting at $49.95||$59.95|
|Wired or wireless?||Wired and wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor & outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Siren||Not listed||Audible panel siren|
|Panic button||Not listed||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Wired and wireless||Indoor & outdoor cameras||Not listed||Not listed|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Audible panel siren||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Garage door control|
|Smoke detector||Not listed|
|Mobile app||MyADT Mobile App for account management; ADT Control for system management|
|Mobile app monitoring||Yes, via ADT Control app|
|iOS rating||4.8 for MyADT; 4.8 for ADT Control||4.3|
|Android rating||4.4 for MyADT; 4.8 for ADT Control||3.7|
|Notification/alert options||App, text and email||Email and text|
|Home automation capabilities|
|Other integrations||Alexa, Google Home and Samsung devices||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
|MyADT Mobile App for account management; ADT Control for system management||Yes, via ADT Control app||4.8 for MyADT; 4.8 for ADT Control||4.4 for MyADT; 4.8 for ADT Control||App, text and email||Alexa, Google Home and Samsung devices|
|4.3||3.7||Email and text||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.5||1.8|
|Verified customer reviews||ADT reviews||Alert 360 reviews|
|1.8||Alert 360 reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
ADT is one of the most well-known names in the industry and has more than 145 years of experience. Customers have the option to choose between professional and DIY installation for its security systems. There are packages and one-off products available, although the packages come with additional benefits, including free installation and a six-month product guarantee.
- Secure Package: The Secure Package includes a digital control panel with touch screen, three door/window alarms and a motion detector. Installation is included in the price. This package starts at $599, or $9.98 monthly for 60 months. Monitoring starts at $45.99 per month.
- Smart Package: The Smart Package comes with the same equipment as the Secure Package: a digital control panel with touch screen, three door/window alarms and a motion detector. Customers also receive a smart door lock and a smart plug. This package gives people the ability to arm and disarm the system remotely. This package costs $919, or $15.32 monthly for 60 months. Monitoring for this package starts at $49.99 per month.
- Complete Package: The Complete Package includes everything from the Secure Package and the Starter Package, including a control panel, three door/window alarms, a motion detector, a smart door lock and a smart plug. This package also includes an HD indoor camera, a Google Nest Doorbell with a camera and live video access. This price starts at $1,049, or $17.48 per month for 60 months. Monitoring starts at $57.99 per month.
What ADT customers say
Reviews for ADT frequently describe a very positive experience with knowledgeable and polite technicians who take the time to walk users through the system and ensure they know how to work it. Customers seem mostly satisfied with how the system works, with a few notable reviews that describe experiences with false alarms. ADT service is described as fast and professional.
As the fifth largest residential security provider in America, Alert 360 is a well-known name in most states. Originally named Central Security Group, Alert 360 has recently undergone a rebranding that included modernizing its approach to security. With this, customers now have access to a mobile app, multiple security packages and a wide array of products.
Alert 360 is only available in 26 states and most plans, including all the ones listed below, require professional installation at an additional cost. Alert 360 offers a $1,360 insurance deductible reimbursement.
Alert 360 packages
- Smart Door Lock Package: Starting at $44.95 per month, the Smart Door Lock Package includes a keyless door lock, one wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors. Professional monitoring is included in the cost.
- Smart Home Video Package: The Smart Home Video Package starts at $44.95 per month, which includes professional monitoring. This package comes with a wireless indoor camera, one wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors.
- Door Command Package: Starting at $50.95, the Door Command Package includes a keyless door lock, a doorbell camera, one wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors. Customers also receive their choice of an additional free keyless lock or indoor camera. Professional monitoring is included in the monthly price.
- Complete Smart Home Package: For total protection, the Complete Smart Home Package comes with a touch-screen panel, video doorbell, keyless door lock, an indoor camera and window and door sensors. The price starts at $54.95 and includes professional monitoring. Like the Door Command Package, customers receive their choice of an additional free keyless lock or indoor camera.
What Alert 360 customers say
Alert360 has mixed reviews on our site. Those with issues mention difficulty canceling the service and concerns over the equipment not functioning properly at times, with problems being solved by Alert 360 techs only for the issue to arise again later. Those with a more positive experience felt that their issues were resolved and mentioned experienced professional service and customer support.
Bottom line: ADT or Alert 360?
ADT and Alert 360 both offer professionally installed security systems. ADT has a wider availability than Alert 360, which is only available in 26 states, and includes installation as part of its overall cost for its packages. However, Alert 360 is more affordable and offers more approachable customization options. Both include a wide variety of products and solutions that can help most renters and homeowners feel more secure in their homes.
- ADT is best for customers who need a full-service security solution.
- Alert 360 is best for customers with a smaller budget who want to maintain flexibility with their security system.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.