Magic Chef Wine Cooler

Compare Wine Refrigerators & Coolers

Research top Wine Refrigerators & Coolers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased the unit from Home Depot on 1/30/16 for $453.00 and it never really cooled well but quit working on 1/5/17. I tried to place a warranty report online but the model number was not listed in the drop down. Just got the run around. Recommend saving your money and buying another brand.

I redid my kitchen a few years ago and at that time I purchased the Magic Chef Wine Beverage Cooler Model #MCWBC77DZC. After 3 years it began to lose temperature. Both the upper and lower were set for the lowest temperature which was 37 degrees. It gradually creeped up and when I asked a local appliance repair company about possibly repairing it, I was told it probably was the compressor and would not be cost effective. So I bought another one from Home Depot 16 months ago. Well guess what, the same thing just started happening. I'm unfortunately purchasing a 3rd one, because the custom kitchen has a custom opening and to rectify it, is not feasible. However, I am purchasing the 3 year warranty for an additional cost of $80. I don't expect it to last that long though. It looks great; but looks aren't everything. I wish I could change to another model, but it's not practical.

Mechanically - a nice design for rack adjustment etc. Operationally -- poor... very poor. Maximum coolest temperature when unit was brand new was 39 degrees which isn't overly cold. In fact, this is the max coldest setting. Unit quit cooling 18 months after purchase! Just in time for the 12 month warranty to be expired. Service department simply referred me to 3rd party service company which promptly determined over phone that unit is not worth the diagnostic costs much less further costs to repair. They suggested to toss unit and buy a good brand instead!!! Magic Chef is JUNK!~

I bought the Dual Zone Wine Cooler Model#MCWBC77DZC from Home Depot 11/28/2014... To my surprise the cooler just stop working and won't get cool at all. Called a repairman to come service the cooler, and it is too expensive to repair, he told I'm better off buying anther cooler. Call the manufacturer, and they were quick to ask when did I purchase the product, just to tell me it's not covered. If you're looking to buy a Wine Cooler DO NOT BUY MAGIC CHEF OF ANY KIND... A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!

I bought a Magic Chef wine cooler model MCWBC77DZC 16 months ago. It does no longer work. The repair company said is a Freon leak. To repair will cost about $650. It is unacceptable that a unit like this that was used normally has such deficiency. I see many other complaints about the same very issue. The company should recall this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magic Chef Wine Cooler?

I purchased a Magic Chef wine cooler (model MCWBC77DZC) a little over 6 years ago. I had a problem with the cooler not cooling the wine to the preset temperature. I had a repairman come out only to tell me it was a coil problem and Magic Chef does not sell the part and the unit can't be repaired. The unit cost about $600. I called Magic Chef and spoke to customer service. They basically offered zero help and little empathy. I told the customer service person that it cost almost $100 a year for this product if I had to replace it now. She could really care less that I am forced to buy a new unit. If this is the attitude Magic Chef has toward its customers combined with poor quality I could not think of a reason why I or anyone else would purchase any of their products ever.

On 11/08/2014 I purchased a Magic Chef Wine and Beverage Center. Because our bar refrigerator had over 20 years of service and door came of hinges so I decided to purchase a newer more efficient unit. What a mistake that was. We plugged it in on 12/24/2014. Soon after I noticed that the lower zone was not keeping the temperature I had set on. On 4/13/12015 I placed a call to Magic Chef and explained the situation. They contacted a local refrigeration repair co. They came, saw the issues and ordered a new control board and was put in last week. Not even a week later the problem came back.

After researching the unit. Which I should have done before purchasing unit. Is the biggest POS that Magic Chef has sold the public. The unit is 5 months old, I think that Magic Chef is trying to expire the one year warranty that they give with unit. Also when I called customer service the person helping me was rude. I asked for the Supervisor and she stated that he was not available and gave me his voice mail. I do not expect a call from him since their customer relations is not very good. I recommend that if you are thinking in purchasing a unit from Magic Chef that you DON'T. My claim # with Magic Chef is **. It was purchased on 11/08/2014 At the Home Depot Store #2665 located at 1213 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA Transaction Identifier [**].

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Magic Chef® has been offering homeowners kitchen appliances that are easy-to-use since 1929. They are a brand of MCA Corporation, and their wine and beverage coolers offer consumers a stylish way to entertain and store their canned and bottled beverages.

• Variety of products: Magic Chef has a variety of wine and beverage coolers, so wine and beverage enthusiasts are sure to find one that meets their needs. Their lineup includes dual wine and beverage coolers, countertop wine coolers, a portable beverage cooler and a keg cooler.
  • Red and white presets: Magic Chef’s 50 bottle wine cooler features convenient preset options for red or white wines, so you can set your perfect temperature with one click of a button.
  • Portable party cooler: Magic Chef’s portable party cooler is a great option for homeowners who frequently entertain and/or offices that frequently host events but don’t have a dedicated beverage refrigerator. It includes two storage baskets to hold bottles along with two foldout tabletops that can fit a bottle of wine and glasses.
  • Where to buy: Find out where to buy your preferred Magic Chef wine or beverage cooler by looking on the product page. You will see which major retailer carries your cooler of choice.
  • Warranty: Magic Chef’s wine coolers come with a standard one year limited warranty on parts and labor. Some of their models also include a five year parts-only warranty on compressors.
  • Best for Magic Chef wine coolers are best for small home dwellers, offices and frequent entertainers.

Compare Wine Refrigerators & Coolers