Oster Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Oster Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The Oster company seems to have in my opinion an extremely poor customer service, I feel that they do not know what they are doing or do not care. It is extremely difficult to get problems taken care of, it seems that weeks and months go by without a prompt resolve. A vein on my left hand got cut when cleaning one of their juicer, something sharp was sticking out. I would never buy another product from that company, very poor business procedures in my opinion. I would not recommend this company or their products to anyone...

Original review: July 27, 2022

Early June 2022 I used my Oster food processer-chopper to make some health energy balls for my family. While cleaning the appliance I noticed half of the of the blades was missing. I had to go through every ball, mash them, take apart to find the piece of blade. Thank God I found it. The food was ruined so I threw them away. My children could have cut their mouths up badly or worse swallowed the blade part. I contacted Oster and told them what happened. They did not apologize. Just asked me to send pictures, model-serial number and then to mail it back to them. I asked to be reimbursed for the food which was health food ingredients and not cheap. I sent them the receipt BUT did not ask to be reimbursed for the food items I already had at home and used in the recipe. The entire cost mailed to them was under $20.

I have been waiting since then for the Great and all powerful OZ to make a decision in regard to my refund. Finally Anne called today and said they would refund me $6.96 for the dates and nothing more. I am livid. It took me 45 mins to make these health balls not to count the money down the drain. THEY ARE THE WORST EVER. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO ACCOUNTABILITY. I asked her to escalate the "case" but she said it was final. Buyer beware of their products. NEVER EVER will I ever purchase anything made or shipped by these irresponsible jerks.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Toaster oven did not work well from Day One. The oven Overheated and smoked during use. And then one day just stopped working completely with minimal usage. So Disappointing! Oster used to be reputable but they do not stand behind their products after the year warranty.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

When you grab the handle to pull down the glass front, your hand rolls up and burns against the metal top horizontal piece. I tried to use it with two fingers to pull it down, but it is not a natural ergonomic movement. I threw it away today after one 3rd degree burn and 2 1st degree burns. Oster should not be allowed to get away with this. A class action boycott would be best. But I will never trust, buy or use a product by such an irresponsible firm. How many others have to suffer before they design a safe product. Well mine is off to the landfill.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I bought the Oster deep fryer set. Didn't have it more than a few hours decided to use it for dinner, it wasn't on the stove more the 8 min before it went up in flames. The whole pan caught on fire. Rolling white smoke through are house that put off a chemical smells that was so strong. You couldn't breath. You had to go outside to get fresh air.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I too was very upset about a Toaster Oven from Oster I bought at Target. After 1 year it was not heating up at all. I contacted Oster 4 times and never received a response. After all the reviews I read about glass breaking and the product catching on fire, I can't believe this company is still in business. The products are horrendous and should not be sold. It's just a waste of time to buy this junk and it's sad that there are no decent stores for people with moderate incomes to buy appliances. That did not happen when I was younger because there were more companies where you could spend your hard earned dollars and they did not get away with ripping people off.

Original review: May 24, 2021

It’s been years since I’ve used an Oster appliance but a recent purchase of a new toaster reacquainted me! I normally choose Cuisinart appliances, but the new contender is Oster. I want performance over something that looks good in my kitchen and the reviews of the Oster toaster on TechGearLab.com conceived me to purchase and glad I did. Toast cooks evenly and quick, the style is slimline and beautifully designed. It’s a winner! Purchased from Amazon for $29.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

All of my knives rusted less than 2 months after purchase. One of the handles of my knives actually broke off. A few knives were so bad, they had to be thrown away. My last knife set lasted for 12 years. We moved into a new house so I wanted new stuff. Oster, AKA, Newell Brands, AKA Gibson is a very confusing company. The knives I bought say "Oster", however when you call, the voicemail states it's a "Newell Brand" company. Then if you fill out their "Contact us" form, I was told it was a part of the Gibson company.

I have been trying to contact this company for months. No one answers the phone - their message states their communication is limited because of covid, however 7 months later, no one has ever returned my call. Even the email correspondence back after completing the form states I need to contact Gibson Brands however that number routes me right back to Oster...where I get NO answer or call back. I've emailed several times after that and never received any new correspondence besides the person on the other side stating I need to contact Gibson! I received a follow up call in January and was told my issue would be escalated....needless to say I was never contacted. They even had the gall to send me a survey after that call! It's a terrible product and HORRENDOUS customer service. I want my money back. I wouldn't even take a replacement set.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I really wanted to like this thing. But right out of the box there were problems...design flaws mostly. The way the handle is attached to the glass door you have to be really careful not to burn yourself. Next issue is the cooking. It is supposed to be convection, so you would think it would cook evenly. It does not. Toast is brown on one side and not on the other and things in the back will burn while stuff in the front is uncooked. The racks don't adjust into useable spacing and there is no crumb tray or trap door, so cleaning is a chore.

But the biggest issue I have is that it has now started turning itself on. This model has rotary controls. To turn it on time cook you have to go past the 10 minute mark to the right and then back to your desired time, or turning to the left sets it to "always on". Except that now instead of turning off when it gets to zero time it keeps going over to always on. Even if you make sure you turned it to zero it will still keep ticking and heating.

I've contacted Oster to advise them of their dangerous issue, but will not be replacing with a like model. I don't trust this thing and frankly it doesn't have enough redeeming qualities for me to want to give it a second chance. I feel compelled to share my experience since this could have easily caused a fire. If I hadn't come home when I did I have no doubt that it would have started a fire in my kitchen.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Purchased from Target, brought it home, open the box. There were big chunks of a mammal busted all over it. The part that inserts into the base was bent. Did not fit properly. Took it back to Target the same day. Exchanged it for a second one identical to the first. Got it home. Same issues only this one also had what looked to be insulation coming out of all the cracks in it. Took it back the following day and got a third. Brought it home. Same problem. This is not a Target issue. This is an Oster issue. Target's whole shipment seems to be damaged.

I called customer service. They wanted me to mail the product back to them. Of course they would pay for shipping but that doesn't fix the problem that I have with wanting it for Thanksgiving so I let the representative know that I would take it back to Target, get a full refund and that I would never recommend any of their products to anybody. Highly dissatisfied not to mention the time it took and the gas did it took to return it all three times and also I live in an upstairs apartment. These are very heavy. Just overall disappointed.

Oster author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Oster is an American manufacturing company that specializes in small appliances. It was founded in 1924 and bought the Stevens Electric Company in 1946, which had received a patent for a food blender. The Oster brand has since been acquired by Sunbeam. Today Oster is known for a wide variety of kitchen appliances, including roaster ovens, blenders, toasters, rice cookers and more. Oster is the top selling blender brand in America.

• Versa® Pro® Series Blender: This 1400W blender features three smoothie cups and two mini storage jars in addition to its 8 cup blending jar. It comes with a limited seven-year warranty and costs about $300.

• Blend-N-Go® MyBlend® Personal Blender: This mini blender is ideal for individual shakes and smoothies. The blender jar doubles as a serving bottle. It is available in several colors and retails for about $25.

• Classic Series Blender PLUS Food Chopper: This 700W blender doubles as a food processor. Use the S-blade and 3 cup jar to chop fruits and vegetables, or use the four point blade and six cup jar to mix smoothies, shakes and more. It sells for about $40.

• DURALAST™ All Metal Drive: Most Oster blenders have a special metal-to-metal motor that Oster guarantees for up to ten years. Oster says this motor will blend 10,000 smoothies.

• Online resource: Oster offers instruction manuals, helpful tips, recipes and frequently asked questions on its website. If you can’t find the information you need, you can submit a question and get an answer from customer service.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Oster Appliances Company Information