Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

933 KitchenAid Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

The worse dishwasher ever. We bought the top of the line. So far, we have had the control panel replaced 4 times. It's going to be out of warranty in January 2020 and I won't have it repaired after that. Looking for a new dishwasher.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We bought a top of the line KitchenAid dishwasher 1.5 years ago. We only use it on the weekends for 2 people. The motor recently froze which prompted a service call. Five weeks and they still have not fixed the problem. Parts of backorder, incompetent repair people, and a general lack of caring by KitchenAid. We have also had our high end refrigerator break down without being able to be repaired and another dishwasher with two motor repairs. Cheap products and poor quality all around. Would not recommend KitchenAid ever!!!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I bought a KitchenAid Appliance suite 3.5 years ago. The dishwasher does not drain completely after the cycle ends. In addition, after the problem began a week ago after the cycle ends everything in the dishwasher has a soap film. Waiting for a repair person to arrive as I write this review. My previous dishwasher was still working after 25 years!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Purchased dishwasher 2 years ago. Very cheaply built. Have had to replace wheels on the rack on numerous occasions along with some other plastic parts. It is no longer working properly. Often have to run it 3 or 4 times before the dishes are clean. Dishes have always been well rinsed before going in. Terrible product from day one. I’ve had KitchenAid appliances for 20 years and will not buy another KitchenAid product. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Purchased KitchenAid undercounter KDTE204DSS at Best Buy 12/2014 - used 1-2 x weekly. Great machine: good drying, no spotting, relatively quiet & clean dishes! Bottom rack occasionally left track when pulling out by corner rather than center. Paid $700 at Best Buy [in package deal with other appliances] $20 kit & was told this model would last minimum 8-10 years so I didn't purchase $159.00 Geek Squad extended warranty.

10/2018 [after 4 years light duty] started making grinding and whining noises. Called Best Buy and they referred me to KitchenAid, who then referred me to local authorized KitchenAid repair service. $125.00 just to come out and diagnose, but could be applied to repair if applicable. After tearing entire machine apart [literally removing from under counter, unscrewing panel & interior components, detaching control panel & parts all over my kitchen] service tech needed to make several calls to his company before finally announcing that it was the *computer* that was shot - which would cost $450.00 to replace.

At this point, without any warranty on the rest of the machine - it didn't make sense to repair. KitchenAid helpline was polite but could do nothing to help me. Dilemma is I'd prefer to move to Bosch, but most reviews say KitchenAid dries better and I do not want mildewy odor. Very disappointed with extremely poor US manufacturing in all appliances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We bought a KitchenAid dishwasher in November 2015. Less than 4 years later it's not working. Terrible product. I will never buy KitchenAid again. Tried to get help and they told me to call a technician. I'm not buying a product of over 700$ for it not to last. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have been purchasing KitchenAid thinking about high reputation of the company. I bought all my KitchenAid appliances (refrigerator, gas range, microwave, dishwasher) at PC Richards 15 months ago. We are the family of two adults, so you can imagine that we use this dishwasher twice a week at the most. However, after 15 months of such rare uses the dishwasher failed. I rinse off the dishes every time before running the cycle but for the past couple of weeks all the dishes are not clean at all after even running two cycles. I tried to resolve the issue by calling PC Richards but all they told me that the service technician will cost me $125 to evaluate the problem. Apparently I am stuck with the product failed to operate after a bit over a year. I am extremely upset that the company doesn't stand behind the product they produce and will never buy KitchenAid products again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Bought the product from Best Buy. Had it only 4 years & it stopped working. According to the technician the control panel needed to be replaced, which would cost us $500!!! Before the KitchenAid I had a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher that lasted me 12 years. By buying KitchenAid I thought we were invested in another 12 years if not more. Were we surprised! Generally, I have read high reviews about the product and found them to be true. Nowhere did I read that the product had a very short life span otherwise I would not have bought it. Would you invest in a product for 4 years? Not only do you have to pay for another dishwasher but the installation & inconvenience too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

After less than 2 years of lightly used machine, initial repairs included pump replacement, then motherboard...still does not wash top rack. No response from Company or retailer. Our daughter has same experiences with her KitchenAid. This is like '70s when US manufacture's produced scrap metal... Going to Bosch. I have already spent $600 in repairs. We no longer load top rack.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Have been purchasing KitchenAid for years. Usually very satisfied. However, their products have changed. They are not made as well as they used to be. Especially this dishwasher. I have to clean it at least once a week with dishwasher cleanser. The dishes still come out dirty and that’s after I also rinse off the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. I usually have to run the cycle twice to get them clean, and even then the dishes still don’t come out completely clean. I’ve also tried different brands of dishwashing detergent and finishing rinses. Even if I reduce the number of dishes I put in the dishwasher, I still get the same results. I had the machine looked at while it was under warranty. All they did was clean the arms. I was still getting the same results. KitchenAid did nothing for me and once it was out of warranty, they wouldn’t do anything. Now I’m stuck with a terrible dishwasher.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been a household name since the release of its first stand mixer in 1919. The company has nearly 100 years of experience crafting kitchen appliances to an exacting standard.

• Nine wash arms: Where other dishwashers make do with three washing arms, KitchenAid dishwashers use nine to ensure all dishes get clean, regardless of placement.

• Window and lighted interior: Do you hear a banging or clanging during the wash cycle? There's no need to pause and open the dishwasher when you can look through the conveniently lighted window.

• Unique clean-water wash filter: Water gets filtered while in use to remove food particles, and the filter is self-cleaning, so you don't waste any time cleaning it yourself.

• Super quiet operation: With dishwashers as quiet as 39 decibels, the only problem with a KitchenAid dishwasher might be remembering whether you've already turned it on.

• Pro scrub: While KitchenAid doesn't make a wide variety of models, the ones it does make come with features like pro scrub, which uses 40 jets to tackle the worst baked-on food messes.

• Best for: Families, homeowners and apartment renters