KitchenAid Dishwashers
2.63/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

KitchenAid Dishwashers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 9, 2018

885 KitchenAid Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We have had ongoing problems with our dishwasher model KDFE104DSSI, which we purchased as part of a total kitchen set of appliances for install in the fall of 2015. Since the first year of purchase, we have had four (4) electronic keypad replacements, as well as, other problem parts. Each time the technician assures us that this is the only working part and with the *new* keypad, the problem will be solved. Well, the problem has not been solved and we are left to wonder why they will not just replace the dishwasher with something that does not stop working every 4-6 months.

We are always asked if we purchased the warranty and we have not as this is a continuing problem and we should not have to pay them to fix something that has not worked properly since the first year of purchase. Nor should we have to pay to have a technician to come replace a part (which generally requires a month to order and return visit to install) over and over again. Dishwashers that cost half of this monster are more reliable and clean better as even when this thing is working we have to pre-wash our dishes! We are extremely disappointed in this dishwasher and our KitchenAid (Whirlpool) experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I did not know KitchenAid made dishwashers until we had to shop for a new one. I have a KitchenAid mixer and I love it. I love the KitchenAid dishwasher also. It is very quiet. It takes twice as long to run the wash cycle, but being quiet as it is I do not notice the time. Washes good, too. Dishes always come out clean as ever!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

A little expensive when compared to other models, but the name is synonymous with quality. We owned a KitchenAid that we replaced due to age and features not operational quality.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My KitchenAid dishwasher quit when it was 7 years old and I'm in Southwest Florida so that's not unusual but we made the grave error replacing it with a GE Profile. Absolutely no comparison. KitchenAid is superior over any GE product I have used.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I like the dishwasher. Stainless inside - great and stays clean and does not stain. I also like the shade of the white model. Washes consistently well. Nice arrangement of racks and silverware holders. It fairly quiet but not silent for sure. Purchased in about 2002. Only complaint is that the dishwasher sometimes leaks. Had a plumber here a bunch of times and I've arranged dishes differently a bunch of times and neither the plumber nor I can figure what's causing the leak so I mop up with towels when it happens.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This is an older model and works great, however I have no knowledge of the value of newer models. This one gets dishes and glassware super clean and dry.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher that has had the digital control pad replaced at least 4 times, which is out of warranty, and is bad again. My father has a KitchenAid and has the same type of issues. I will not be purchasing another of their products again. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I love the stainless steel interior. The dishes come out clean on light China wash. It is 8 1/2 years old and I have had no problems. This is my second KitchenAid dishwasher. I recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had to have it repaired 1 day after warranty period, then another 4 times after that. The top shelf that holds drinking glasses etc. kept falling off the track.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Dishwasher looks good and cleans my dishes. Since I only wash dishes once a week, my dirty dishes are in there during that time. I do rinse them off but at times I smell an odor which I don't remember there being with my last dishwasher that did not have stainless insides. Dishes are 98% dried. Overall - I think it is a good dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought my KitchenAid used and I love it. It works better than any brand I've ever used. I've bought the cheaper brands, but this one is far and away the best I've ever owned.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Being a KitchenAid the looks are pretty but it doesn't clean very well. I thought a KitchenAid it would work great or at least very well, it was a great disappointment in that area. Would not buy another KitchenAid dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Did not always get dishes totally clean, but did a good job overall. When purchased cost significantly more than a number of other brands. Quiet and worked much better than a Whirlpool in my current home.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We had a designer brand name dishwasher previous and it lasted just a few years and we gave it up. We returned to our earlier experience and bought the KitchenAid and have never regretted it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Machine does not clean the dishes thoroughly. We do pre-cleaning of our dishes but at some point you should not have to scrub the dishes before placing them in the machine. If you have to do this much work you may as well handwash. This dishwasher is basically used to sanitize the dishes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Listen up KitchenAid/Whirlpool - this is the perfect dishwasher in every way except one. It's so quiet I had to open it to make sure it was running. It's spacious inside - larger than any dishwasher I've ever had, enough for plates and bowls and pots. The silverware basket is huge. But...the deal breaker is that the heated dry doesn't work well. The steam doesn't go anywhere and recondenses on the inside of the dishwasher. If it's going to be a few hours before you unload it, it starts smelling like a pond. I'm returning it all because of that. Such a shame - you'd have a real winner if you'd fix that problem and now I'm going to have to settle for something less but with a heated dry that works.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We've had this machine since 2009 and have had no problems with it. We use it every 4 days, so dishes sit until we have a full load or are out of dishware. It works just fine.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Always had problems with it leaking. Had it with parts and labor and they even discontinued it. It now starts to wash (intermittently) and then stops. You have to do the whole load over in order to know that it's clean. KitchenAid is no help at all.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Cheap, cheap plastic parts that break every 6 months and are ridiculously priced! For example, check out the price of this small plastic clip on Amazon, the Whirlpool W10195839 Adjuster. (Yes, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Kenmore.) All made by same people, so beware buyer!! It should be against the law, but there is no consumer protection in America!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

For once we have clean dishes coming out of the DW every time!! It even cleans pots really well. Love this dishwasher!! It is pretty on the outside, efficient on the inside.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Replaced a Samsung which could not be repaired. Presently I have had no problems with this dishwasher and am very pleased with its performance, and appearance.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The dishwasher did not work out of the box. We had to wait about 30 days for parts. FYI we bought the fridge also and it just stopped making ice but a quicker fix on it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Okay but nothing more than a run of the mill dishwasher. So wish KitchenAid had stainless interior and was better looking. If I did it over would spend a bit more and get another/better unit.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I replaced a very old (50 years) KitchenAid. My silverware shines like it never did before. I highly recommend it. I don't know why I waited so long to replace the old one.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have had 2 portable KitchenAid washers in 60 years. It still works great but the racks are broken, rusted, etc. I desperately NEED a new portable KitchenAid but they no longer make them. I would gladly pay extra to have one special built.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our dishwasher is the whisper/quiet, this thing is far from quiet. I've had other dishwashers that made less noise and had so much more room than this one. It was here when we bought our house but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Our KitchenAid dishwasher has provided reliable, excellent service since purchased over 7 years ago. Cleaning results are excellent, and to date, have not had to have the dishwasher serviced.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was very disappointed in this and the other KitchenAid appliances I bought. I had trouble time and again with starting this dishwasher. The circuit board had to be replaced until it was out of warranty.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

The top shelf is not tilted enough to allow water on the bottoms of glasses/cups to drain off, thus making it necessary to tip them over or put them in my dish drainer to dry.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I find the touch controls of the KitchenAid Dishwasher very sensitive if you accidentally touch them but difficult when you actually need to turn the dishwasher on.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been a household name since the release of its first stand mixer in 1919. The company has nearly 100 years of experience crafting kitchen appliances to an exacting standard.

• Nine wash arms: Where other dishwashers make do with three washing arms, KitchenAid dishwashers use nine to ensure all dishes get clean, regardless of placement.

• Window and lighted interior: Do you hear a banging or clanging during the wash cycle? There's no need to pause and open the dishwasher when you can look through the conveniently lighted window.

• Unique clean-water wash filter: Water gets filtered while in use to remove food particles, and the filter is self-cleaning, so you don't waste any time cleaning it yourself.

• Super quiet operation: With dishwashers as quiet as 39 decibels, the only problem with a KitchenAid dishwasher might be remembering whether you've already turned it on.

• Pro scrub: While KitchenAid doesn't make a wide variety of models, the ones it does make come with features like pro scrub, which uses 40 jets to tackle the worst baked-on food messes.

• Best for: Families, homeowners and apartment renters

www.kitchenaid.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use