2.13/5

911 KitchenAid Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My last KitchenAid dishwasher was 19 years old and still running but the racks were getting rusty in spots so rather than spend nearly as much for new racks as what a dishwasher would cost, I elected to buy a new dishwasher instead. I bought the model one step down from the top of the line and used it 3 times and today the pump tries to empty the water and it can't. It keeps starting and stopping every 10 seconds or so. I am so disappointed as KitchenAid always was a very reliable brand. I guess they just don't make things the way they used to but they should at least make it the first week after purchase. Pump failed after 9th day of ownership.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

There are many issues with KitchenAid dishwashers manufactures with the past three years and KitchenAid DOES NOT stand behind their products. My mother had the motor leak on hers after three years of light usage. I’ve had to wash dishes by hand due to its inability of dispersing water after 2.5 years of normal use. KitchenAid only offers to replace parts but wants the consumer to pay for labor, as well as house calls to fix a very faulty product. My adjustable top rack also broke at 2 years. This is a shame when people pay close to a grand expecting a quality product that should be reliable for longer than 2-3 years. My 20 year old dishwasher was far more reliable than this overpriced hunk of junk!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My KitchenAid Dishwasher was one of the more expensive at the time ($1,100). I purchased it just 3 years ago and it has a leak from one of the interior parts and has now caused tremendous issues with flooding and mold. It will cost me almost 10,000 to repair because it ruined all my lower cabinets. I called KitchenAid and they basically said, "Too bad." HORRIBLE COMPANY SERVICE - WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I regret for not reading these reviews before going to Best Buy to purchase the KitchenAid dishwasher. This machine is useless. I'm doing all my dishes by hand. No point of running the machine. I think they should issue a recall on all the crappy models mine included.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought this a KitchenAid dishwasher model number KUDS30IXSS7 maybe 3 years ago and it hasn't worked for half of that time. In the first six months of owning it the circuit board went out then it stopped working again right after the warranty ran out. Had a service man come out to fix it. A wire burn in half in the panel that lasted a few months and again the board has gone out. My service guy said we'd be better off buying another dishwasher without the touch controls because the boards are always going out in them due to bad design. Thought KitchenAid was a great brand maybe for mixers but not dishwashers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I paid over 800 for this KitchenAid dishwasher - it was on sale and rated very high on Consumer Reports. I expected it to last longer than the 2 1/2 years I got out of it! It took me over a month to get someone out to look at it and they said it would be 350 for the part and another 200+ to put it in, he recommended we get a new dishwasher and not a KitchenAid. Very disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

In October 2016, I bought stainless dishwasher model KDTEESS1. The appliance itself works well but after one year I noticed rust spots appearing on the front door. It has gotten worse. KitchenAid is not standing behind its product.The door was not sealed or finished properly. I contacted KitchenAid and was told the one year warranty had passed and I had to buy a new door. Clearly this door was defective as I have an older dishwasher which does not have this problem.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Purchased at Best Buy in Nov 2017. Doesn't dry dishes at all even with 2 heat cycles, takes 3 hours or more for any cycle except express wash. This is NOT saving energy. My machine has a problem with the computer- this terrible design requires you to press start if you put dishes in mid cycle, which is a terrible design because people forget to start it again, mine is intermittently having the issue of not starting at all when I do this. It beeps and then I have to cancel/ drain and start a whole new cycle. Even though I purchased an expensive extended warranty with Best Buy, because it has a one year warranty I am stuck with dealing with KitchenAid for the first year. They sent someone out once who barely did anything and said nothing is wrong. I called again and this time was told I may be charged a fee if nothing functional is wrong.

Last time he found a loose arm so I guess I was not charged that time due to that. So KA is claiming owner observed computer failures are not functional problems which they acknowledge. I was told to take a video of it, really? Why don't you stand behind your products KA? I wish I had returned it immediately when the problem started, it is a brand new machine with a computer problem from the get go and I’m being given the runaround by everyone. The resolution specialist said he would waive a service charge this time and then said when they come if they try to charge me, call KA and they will waive it, for real? I’m not getting on the phone to argue about waiving a fee that shouldn't be charged, just waive it and diagnose what is wrong. I wish I had never bought this expensive supposedly high end machine. Never again will I purchase KA.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I bought a brand new KitchenAid dishwasher from Home Depot through what I am not getting to understand as special order from KitchenAid. What this means is that it cannot be returned even if you report an issue in the first two days after getting it. I spend over a 1000 dollars on this order which included an extended warranty. The installers came in, install the washer and told me it was working by showing me that the lights on the appliance were on. Unfortunately the appliance was not working. I loaded dishes in it later on in the day and 2 and a half hours later I opened the dishwasher and to my dismay the dishes were as dirty as I put them in.

I went to Home Depot to report this issue hoping I will be given a brand new Dishwasher and the lemon that had been given to me would be taken out. To my utter dismay I was told they would have to send someone out to check it out. At that moment I thought that would happen immediately but no they had to call KitchenAid and they had to get their own service company. The company KitchenAid uses is called Flamingo and this company has really poor customer service. They called me. Told me they can only come out during the week before 6pm and I need to have the whole day blocked out. This outrageous time restriction with no weekend service makes no sense. This is especially relevant for those who have a job and commute that keeps them from being at home during the week before 6pm.

With this kind of restriction if you buy a KitchenAid appliance that has an issue it mean you will not get service on an appliance unless you take a day off which is totally unacceptable. However I do not think the Flamingo representatives were being truthful about this restriction. I finally got them to come out on a Saturday to look at the nonworking dishwasher- but that took over 2 weeks. So I paid for a dishwasher for almost a month which I could not use. The guy who came out I must say was nice and it did not take him long to conclude that I had been sold a lemon. The dishwasher that was delivered to me had a bad pump so the dishwasher was not working. His conclusion was that it had to be repaired.

I am still in shock as to what is going on here. Why should I have been sold a lemon and they have to fix the lemon versus replace the lemon. I tried to contact Home Depot but the customer service there was even worse. I got insulted on the phone by an appliance supervisor who was so condescending. I will not buy a KitchenAid appliance ever again. I have bought LG appliances and never had any problems. I am still without a working dishwasher, a debt on my credit card and waiting for Flamingo to get someone to come out on a Saturday to fix the lemon dishwasher KitchenAid sold to me via Home Depot special order.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We bought a KitchenAid dishwasher 2 1/2 years ago and the motor just stopped working. The repair guy was even surprised. After calling KitchenAid, they would not help with anything... not one penny. The woman I spoke to was so apologetic and felt my aggravation. But, that's no consolation. I would never purchase another KitchenAid product, again.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been a household name since the release of its first stand mixer in 1919. The company has nearly 100 years of experience crafting kitchen appliances to an exacting standard.

• Nine wash arms: Where other dishwashers make do with three washing arms, KitchenAid dishwashers use nine to ensure all dishes get clean, regardless of placement.

• Window and lighted interior: Do you hear a banging or clanging during the wash cycle? There's no need to pause and open the dishwasher when you can look through the conveniently lighted window.

• Unique clean-water wash filter: Water gets filtered while in use to remove food particles, and the filter is self-cleaning, so you don't waste any time cleaning it yourself.

• Super quiet operation: With dishwashers as quiet as 39 decibels, the only problem with a KitchenAid dishwasher might be remembering whether you've already turned it on.

• Pro scrub: While KitchenAid doesn't make a wide variety of models, the ones it does make come with features like pro scrub, which uses 40 jets to tackle the worst baked-on food messes.

• Best for: Families, homeowners and apartment renters