2.52/5
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

899 KitchenAid Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

We have had nothing but trouble with this KitchenAid dishwasher! Any time a glass breaks its requires a service all. The plastic parts are cheap and break easily. Shame on KitchenAid for ruining their brand!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher from Home Depot on their recommendation. The machine was absolutely quiet for 6 months. Then the troubles started, Noisy - can hear in next room, grating noise on occasion and loud clicking when starting. Sent repairman, replaced control unit, then replaced motor assembly, then came and said they tested and everything was ok. Turned on machine and it was whirring loudly and repairman said sounds normal.

Called KitchenAid to complain as well as Home Depot. Depot said not their problem but connected us to KitchenAid as they didn't answer the two calls I made and left messages. I won't bore you with any more details except to tell you to stay away from this brand and the parent company Whirlpool. Horrible customer service and worse product. Their people are rude and simply don't care. I had to give them a one star even though they deserve minus two, also beware of Home Depot. They could've pressured KitchenAid but didn't. Worst appliance I have ever purchased, never again!!! Run from this brand.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It's terrible! I bought this because I didn't want to clean a filter. The dishwasher worked at first and then it started acting up. Issues we thought were with the door not being completely closed but that wasn't it. I bought the top KitchenAid at Sears and we are hand washing our dishes. Wish we kept the old Bosch.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The model I purchase in 2013 is no longer made. I paid about 1000.00 for it. The dishwasher detergent dispenser was faulty and the rinse agent leaked all the time. Eventually the dishwasher detergent cover melted. The unit was quiet. But after my numerous complaints and repairs paid by manufacturer they replaced the bad unit with a new one.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The dishwasher operation is very quiet and it cleans the dishes very effectively. No complains at that end at all. The silverware rack has a 'top' system that takes a bit to get used to, but it's okay. The model we chose is a built in and looks good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Resolution response: June 1, 2018

Sorry, this was a FRIGIDAIRE dishwasher - not a KitchenAid dishwasher!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Within days of installing a new KitchenAid dishwasher we had problems with it. A subsequent warranty call confirmed the motor needed to be replaced, as well as the soap container - as well as the dishes not cleaning very well. Yesterday I was contacted by the warranty's service provider to say that the KitchenAid warranty will cover replacement BUT that it was my responsibility to remove the dishwasher and re-install it because the warranty did not cover that. This was after I had already paid $100 to have it installed in the first place. Now I'll have to pay once again to have it taken out so the repair person can fix it, and then I'll have to pay again to have it re-installed after it is fixed. Needless to say, I am not pleased!

Original review: May 8, 2018

One year ago I purchased my 5th KitchenAid dishwasher (Model KDTE254EWH), based on my past experience. I have to rinse dishes first because it does not get them clean. I believe the problem is in their effort to save energy and water. The spray arms have very few holes and they are so small they are worthless. If I could get new arms with larger and more holes, I would.

Original review: April 24, 2018

4 1/2 year old KitchenAid dishwasher had issues under warranty, now top rack adjusters and top rails are failed. Whirlpool will warranty the rack but not the junk that is engineered to break. We spent 300 to fix that then the unit started to leak. Now the whole thing will go to the dump to join all the other appliances built to last 2-5 years. We had issues with Kenmore brand as well and never entered a Sears store again. The same will apply with any brand Whirlpool makes from now on.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Do NOT purchase Kitchenaid dishwasher model KDPE234GPS0. I purchased one on 21 APR 2018, model did not work, all it could do was fill with water and sit there for about 5 minutes and then drain. I removed the unit and exchanged it at a different store across town for the same model. I installed the new unit this morning of 24 APR 2018 and it appears to have the same problem. The unit will not agitate or spray water, whatever the term is. I've recorded a video with my phone inside the dishwasher. All it does is fill, sit around for a bit, and then drain. I will more than likely be returning this for different model, if not a different brand entirely. I don't place any fault on Lowe's for this failure, except for maybe selling this product to begin with. They've been more than helpful with my problems and I will continue doing business with Lowe's.

Original review: April 9, 2018

DO NOT buy this dishwasher Architect Series. Had two service calls in year one. Warranty expired and problems began. We replace the control panel about every three-four weeks now. The lights fade and controls cease working; therefore, dishwasher won't function. I don't think it's a lemon. Looks like from the reviews here, they are all terrible appliances. NEVER AGAIN KITCHENAID!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Our top of the line 8 yr old KitchenAid dishwasher control panel went out. $650 to replace it so we bought a new KitchenAid KitchenAid W10751715 at Lowe’s for right at $1000. This thing doesn’t clean dishes completely, unless you prewash them by hand, it’s louder than our 8 yr old dishwasher was. Cheap Interior rails in racks. Noisy when rolled out! Very disappointing product, especially for the money! I should have paid the $650 for the control panel on our 8 yr old which did an excellent job, didn’t even have to rinse dishes on the old one, I’ll never spend money again on a KitchenAid appliance! SAVE YOUR MONEY and don’t buy this piece of crap!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Purchased a KitchenAid Dishwasher model #KDFE204EWH2 and after 18 months needed to be repaired at the cost of $311. The Sump & Motor assembly unit needed to be replaced. I purchased a KitchenAid because my last KitchenAid dishwasher lasted for 25 years. Very unhappy with my new dishwasher.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The KitchenAid Dishwasher we purchased does not wash dishes well. The warranty went out a little more than 30 days ago. Two weeks ago, the SaniDry Cycle wouldn't work. Technician came out and reset it. Now, circuit board is out today. The repair bills and part is almost as much as we paid for the Dishwasher to begin with. Sears has discontinued selling KitchenAid dishwashers...!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We bought a KitchenAid KUDS30CXWH1 in 2011 and from day 1 it has been the worst lemon appliance we have ever owned. The thermal fuse (protecting the control panel) has failed 9 times! The control panel went 2 times. The top rack collapsed 3 times. Despite the fact that we scrape every dish, we have to rip the guts out of the dishwasher every 4-5 weeks to get at the filter and clean it. Out of self defense we have had to learn to do our own maintenance, which is difficult for senior citizens. Even at that, to date, we have spent 4 times on parts and maintenance, than the machine originally cost. I've written to the CEO of Whirlpool several times, even sending letters by return receipt requested.

The machine is now 7 years old and has been a nightmare for 7 years. We are finally going to dump it. We are NOT replacing it with KItchenAid, Whirlpool or Kenmore (all made by the same manufacturer.) We are not surprised to see, by reading these reviews, that KitchenAid is still putting out trash. What a pity, our previous KitchenAid dishwasher lasted 20 years and was replaced for cosmetic reasons. Something BAD has happened to this company. Shame on Consumer Reports for continuing to rate them highly, but then Consumer Reports does not have to keep them running.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We have had ongoing problems with our dishwasher model KDFE104DSSI, which we purchased as part of a total kitchen set of appliances for install in the fall of 2015. Since the first year of purchase, we have had four (4) electronic keypad replacements, as well as, other problem parts. Each time the technician assures us that this is the only working part and with the *new* keypad, the problem will be solved. Well, the problem has not been solved and we are left to wonder why they will not just replace the dishwasher with something that does not stop working every 4-6 months.

We are always asked if we purchased the warranty and we have not as this is a continuing problem and we should not have to pay them to fix something that has not worked properly since the first year of purchase. Nor should we have to pay to have a technician to come replace a part (which generally requires a month to order and return visit to install) over and over again. Dishwashers that cost half of this monster are more reliable and clean better as even when this thing is working we have to pre-wash our dishes! We are extremely disappointed in this dishwasher and our KitchenAid (Whirlpool) experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I did not know KitchenAid made dishwashers until we had to shop for a new one. I have a KitchenAid mixer and I love it. I love the KitchenAid dishwasher also. It is very quiet. It takes twice as long to run the wash cycle, but being quiet as it is I do not notice the time. Washes good, too. Dishes always come out clean as ever!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

A little expensive when compared to other models, but the name is synonymous with quality. We owned a KitchenAid that we replaced due to age and features not operational quality.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My KitchenAid dishwasher quit when it was 7 years old and I'm in Southwest Florida so that's not unusual but we made the grave error replacing it with a GE Profile. Absolutely no comparison. KitchenAid is superior over any GE product I have used.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I like the dishwasher. Stainless inside - great and stays clean and does not stain. I also like the shade of the white model. Washes consistently well. Nice arrangement of racks and silverware holders. It fairly quiet but not silent for sure. Purchased in about 2002. Only complaint is that the dishwasher sometimes leaks. Had a plumber here a bunch of times and I've arranged dishes differently a bunch of times and neither the plumber nor I can figure what's causing the leak so I mop up with towels when it happens.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This is an older model and works great, however I have no knowledge of the value of newer models. This one gets dishes and glassware super clean and dry.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher that has had the digital control pad replaced at least 4 times, which is out of warranty, and is bad again. My father has a KitchenAid and has the same type of issues. I will not be purchasing another of their products again. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I love the stainless steel interior. The dishes come out clean on light China wash. It is 8 1/2 years old and I have had no problems. This is my second KitchenAid dishwasher. I recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had to have it repaired 1 day after warranty period, then another 4 times after that. The top shelf that holds drinking glasses etc. kept falling off the track.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Dishwasher looks good and cleans my dishes. Since I only wash dishes once a week, my dirty dishes are in there during that time. I do rinse them off but at times I smell an odor which I don't remember there being with my last dishwasher that did not have stainless insides. Dishes are 98% dried. Overall - I think it is a good dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought my KitchenAid used and I love it. It works better than any brand I've ever used. I've bought the cheaper brands, but this one is far and away the best I've ever owned.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Being a KitchenAid the looks are pretty but it doesn't clean very well. I thought a KitchenAid it would work great or at least very well, it was a great disappointment in that area. Would not buy another KitchenAid dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Did not always get dishes totally clean, but did a good job overall. When purchased cost significantly more than a number of other brands. Quiet and worked much better than a Whirlpool in my current home.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We had a designer brand name dishwasher previous and it lasted just a few years and we gave it up. We returned to our earlier experience and bought the KitchenAid and have never regretted it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Machine does not clean the dishes thoroughly. We do pre-cleaning of our dishes but at some point you should not have to scrub the dishes before placing them in the machine. If you have to do this much work you may as well handwash. This dishwasher is basically used to sanitize the dishes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Listen up KitchenAid/Whirlpool - this is the perfect dishwasher in every way except one. It's so quiet I had to open it to make sure it was running. It's spacious inside - larger than any dishwasher I've ever had, enough for plates and bowls and pots. The silverware basket is huge. But...the deal breaker is that the heated dry doesn't work well. The steam doesn't go anywhere and recondenses on the inside of the dishwasher. If it's going to be a few hours before you unload it, it starts smelling like a pond. I'm returning it all because of that. Such a shame - you'd have a real winner if you'd fix that problem and now I'm going to have to settle for something less but with a heated dry that works.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been a household name since the release of its first stand mixer in 1919. The company has nearly 100 years of experience crafting kitchen appliances to an exacting standard.

• Nine wash arms: Where other dishwashers make do with three washing arms, KitchenAid dishwashers use nine to ensure all dishes get clean, regardless of placement.

• Window and lighted interior: Do you hear a banging or clanging during the wash cycle? There's no need to pause and open the dishwasher when you can look through the conveniently lighted window.

• Unique clean-water wash filter: Water gets filtered while in use to remove food particles, and the filter is self-cleaning, so you don't waste any time cleaning it yourself.

• Super quiet operation: With dishwashers as quiet as 39 decibels, the only problem with a KitchenAid dishwasher might be remembering whether you've already turned it on.

• Pro scrub: While KitchenAid doesn't make a wide variety of models, the ones it does make come with features like pro scrub, which uses 40 jets to tackle the worst baked-on food messes.

• Best for: Families, homeowners and apartment renters