Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Dishwashers

For decades, the KitchenAid brand has been synonymous with kitchen appliances. The dishwashers are known for several important features: high load capacity, robust wash systems and quiet cleaning. These convenient features and a reliable brand name often translate into high costs. While KitchenAid has dishwasher models in the top-of-the-line price range, several models are on the high end of average.

Pros

• Third-level rack
  • Sound level as low as 39 dB
  • Triple filter helps prolong life

Cons

• Premium price tag
  • Slightly longer than standard cabinet

Bottom Line

KitchenAid dishwashers are an investment, but they are a reliable choice. While it’s a high-end brand, there are affordable models. Features like a third rack, triple filter and quiet operation make these dishwashers a great choice.

Top KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This dishwasher replaced an old Kenmore one, and the KitchenAid cleans so much better and is a lot quieter. I also like the styling with the sleek front and no huge buttons sticki...

Verified

The dishes are always cleaned and dried. The Bosch never dried the dishes. Have had several Kitchen Aid dishwashers and I would not hesitate to get another. My children have them ...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid dishwashers

KitchenAid dishwashers have several design options to choose from. Options include:

• Front control panel
  • Top control panel with towel bar
  • Top control with a pocket handle
  • Panel ready
  • Front-window models

While the glass window doesn’t offer any performance improvements, it’s a nice visual feature.

One design aspect to be aware of is the dishwasher size. KitchenAid dishwashers usually measure 24½ inches or 24¾ inches. This is slightly longer than the 24-inch kitchen cabinet standard. If you’re looking for a dishwasher that fits seamlessly with your current cabinetry, a KitchenAid model may not be the right choice.

How do KitchenAid dishwashers work?

KitchenAid dishwashers have several features that make the brand a popular and reliable choice. A third rack, for example, is a feature that is growing in popularity. Many KitchenAid models with a third rack also have rotating wash jets.

The dishwasher’s triple-filtration system helps customers prolong the life of their KitchenAid appliance. Each model has a screen filter, a coarse filter and a microfilter. This helps remove food particles from the water and prevent them from making it back to the dishes. It also helps stop the drain from clogging and saves energy by allowing the dishwasher to reuse water.

The most important feature of a dishwasher is how well it washes. The standard wash arm on most KitchenAid models is designed to reach every part of the dishwasher. Most models also have the ProScrub feature, which has 40 targeted spray jets that eliminate the need for prescrubbing or soaking.

Another notable feature available is the ProWash cycle, which automatically determines the ideal cycle for dishwashing based on how dirty the dishes are.

KitchenAid dishwasher prices

Since KitchenAid is a household name for kitchen appliances, the brand carries a premium price. KitchenAid dishwashers can range from $800 to as much as $1,900 if you choose a premium model. That said, there are more affordable KitchenAid models and ways to save on your purchase.

On average, you can expect to pay about $1,000 for a midrange dishwasher. Always check flyers or contact your local dealer to ask if there is an upcoming sale. Finding the right deal can save you hundreds of dollars.

KitchenAid dishwashers FAQ

How long do KitchenAid dishwashers last?
The expected lifespan of a KitchenAid dishwasher is about 10 years. You can extend your dishwasher’s life by removing scraps from plates, regularly cleaning the filter and removing hard water residue.
Are KitchenAid dishwashers reliable?
KitchenAid is one of the most relied upon names in kitchen appliances. With proper maintenance, a KitchenAid dishwasher is a reliable choice.
Where can you buy KitchenAid dishwashers?
KitchenAid dishwashers are available at most major appliance retailers. The KitchenAid website will help you find the dealer nearest you.
How much do KitchenAid dishwashers cost?
KitchenAid is a premium name in kitchen appliances. A KitchenAid dishwasher’s cost is slightly higher than average, ranging between $800 and $1,500.

Are KitchenAid dishwashers good?

KitchenAid dishwashers are consistently rated as a high-quality choice and offer all of the options that a customer would want. High storage capacity, strong washing systems, quiet operation and a thorough filtration system make KitchenAid dishwashers a good option. While KitchenAid dishwashers may take you to your budget limits, there are still options for those who want to save some money.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

KitchenAid had an advantage right away with me. Our old dishwasher was so noisy my wife would not start it until we went to bed far away from it. So I was ready to spend anything when we replaced it. We spent a little more, not much really, and have been happy ever after. Our KitchenAid has been very quiet and we are happy campers. I am definitely a fan of KitchenAid dishwashers.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It not only cleans the dishes but it dries them. I was very tired of having to dry the dishes after using my old dishwasher. This one solved that problem. Other than the few dishes with a lip, they all are dry. I also like that it’s so quiet that it does not disturb us while watching TV. Having an open concept floor plan, this can be a problem with some dishwashers. I would highly recommend a KitchenAid dishwasher to everyone.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Many years ago, I bought a home that had an older KitchenAid Superba dishwasher. Best dishwasher ever! I recently purchased another home that had a newer KitchenAid dishwasher. It cleans pretty well, most of the time, but the racks are not well designed, sometimes the soap remains in the dispenser, and the drying mechanism is so-so. It always has a lot of condensation when it's finished. For the price, I would not purchase one again. After shopping around, since I'm planning a remodel this year, I ordered a Bosch. KitchenAid is not what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This unit is very quiet and very reliable as well doing a great job. We bought the unit new and have had it for over six years. In that time and we have not had a single service call or problem. This is the second KitchenAid we've owned with the first one being in a previous residence and the reason we bought this one.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Operationally this is a nice-looking, relatively quiet, efficient machine with multiple modes of operation. Where it falls from grace is the isolation of the top/hidden electronics from the moisture of a functioning dishwasher. The replacement by the owner is not out of the question, but most users won't do this. The main control board can be replaced by unplugging a socket after the front of the machine is removed. One other drawback is the spring and cord mechanism that balances the weight of the door, it can break more than once in a 20-year operating lifetime. On the good side this unit is still working after 20 years whereas many others are broken and replaced. The motor, pump and dish/silver racks are all working and in good condition. The inside and outside stainless is fully functional and easily cleaned.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Had this DW for 4+ yrs. Had to replace the Control Panel (warranty but $225 service call) and both of the upper rack adjusters ($80 ea, done by me). These parts should not fail this early. DW is lemon.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Super disappointing to replace my 20 yr old Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet dishwasher with a new model and have it be dead in 4 months. The motor started buzzing and the service guy says it's shot. No idea how long to get a replacement part. Kitchenaid's customer service was worthless. Next time I will pay for the Miele.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Don't order anything at all from KitchenAid. They'll happily take your money for your order but don't expect to see delivered anytime within the following year. They also won't bother letting you know why have not received your order or any other information about it. Their 'customer service' people's willingness to help get information is abysmal. Ordered in March, and no word. My dealer and their owners can't even get an answer from KitchenAid/Whirlpool.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I was talked into purchasing a KitchenAid dishwasher by a sales associate. I went in to buy a Bosch (great product) but was talked into spending a little more because KitchAid is suppose to be the best. I am here to tell you it is NOT!! First, my heating element went out. It was a recall for that particular year so they sent me the parts free of charge but I had to pay someone to replace it! Then the wheels dry rotted on my top rack. That was another recall so once again, they sent me the part (top rack) free of charge, but it was up to me to install it. NOW...the wheels on my bottom rack dry rotted, not a recall (how odd bc the top rack did the exact same thing), this time they are not doing anything to remedy the faulty part!! This company is terrible! DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT buy KitchenAid Appliances! They are truly a waste of money and they do not stand behind their products!! Terribly Disappointed!

Original review: July 16, 2021

We bought a whole suite of KitchenAid large appliances (from Ferguson's) for our new home build. We have been very satisfied with the performance of all - UNTIL the dishwasher tore up. It was still under the factory warranty. We called the issue in and there was a local company (American Appliance) that arrived 3 weeks later to repair. They discovered that the heating element of the dishwasher was broken and needed to be replaced. They ordered the part. They said it should arrive in 7-10 business days. After that amount of time, I called to be told that it was on backorder. They didn't have any clue of when the part would be back in stock. Therefore, we started reaching out to KitchenAid directly.

We have spent over 6+ hours trying to reach KitchenAid and to speak to their technical department, parts department, warranty group, and finally complaint group. We have been told multiple things - there was a recall on the part (can't confirm that one), the part was out of stock and would not be in stock until after December 30 (totally unacceptable), and that the part was finally now in stock. We were told on July 8 that the part would go out to us on a truck the next day. Apparently that didn't happen. We have been on the phone with KitchenAid complaints again today for over 1.5 hours (more time) to be told that the part has been ordered but has not been pulled and shipped yet and that it would take another 2-3 weeks for that to happen.

We made the choice to buy Kitchenaid (Whirlpool) appliances for our new house because they are American made and felt that they would stand behind their products. We are so dissapointed in how this has been handled. We are going to be without our dishwasher for at least 2+ months (and we are a family of 6 people). Our disappointment comes from both the quality of the part but even more importantly the way we have been treated and the repair handled once it tore up. I would not recommend them today. I would be cautious because if you have issues it is not an easy road to travel! Our warranty has not been very effective up to this point.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Company Information