3.9/5 (666 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About KitchenAid Dishwashers

For decades, the KitchenAid brand has been synonymous with kitchen appliances. The dishwashers are known for several important features: high load capacity, robust wash systems and quiet cleaning. These convenient features and a reliable brand name often translate into high costs. While KitchenAid has dishwasher models in the top-of-the-line price range, several models are on the high end of average.

Pros

• Third-level rack
  • Sound level as low as 39 dB
  • Triple filter helps prolong life

Cons

• Premium price tag
  • Slightly longer than standard cabinet

Bottom Line

KitchenAid dishwashers are an investment, but they are a reliable choice. While it’s a high-end brand, there are affordable models. Features like a third rack, triple filter and quiet operation make these dishwashers a great choice.

Top KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This dishwasher replaced an old Kenmore one, and the KitchenAid cleans so much better and is a lot quieter. I also like the styling with the sleek front and no huge buttons sticki...

Verified

The dishes are always cleaned and dried. The Bosch never dried the dishes. Have had several Kitchen Aid dishwashers and I would not hesitate to get another. My children have them ...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About KitchenAid dishwashers

KitchenAid dishwashers have several design options to choose from. Options include:

• Front control panel
  • Top control panel with towel bar
  • Top control with a pocket handle
  • Panel ready
  • Front-window models

While the glass window doesn’t offer any performance improvements, it’s a nice visual feature.

One design aspect to be aware of is the dishwasher size. KitchenAid dishwashers usually measure 24½ inches or 24¾ inches. This is slightly longer than the 24-inch kitchen cabinet standard. If you’re looking for a dishwasher that fits seamlessly with your current cabinetry, a KitchenAid model may not be the right choice.

How do KitchenAid dishwashers work?

KitchenAid dishwashers have several features that make the brand a popular and reliable choice. A third rack, for example, is a feature that is growing in popularity. Many KitchenAid models with a third rack also have rotating wash jets.

The dishwasher’s triple-filtration system helps customers prolong the life of their KitchenAid appliance. Each model has a screen filter, a coarse filter and a microfilter. This helps remove food particles from the water and prevent them from making it back to the dishes. It also helps stop the drain from clogging and saves energy by allowing the dishwasher to reuse water.

The most important feature of a dishwasher is how well it washes. The standard wash arm on most KitchenAid models is designed to reach every part of the dishwasher. Most models also have the ProScrub feature, which has 40 targeted spray jets that eliminate the need for prescrubbing or soaking.

Another notable feature available is the ProWash cycle, which automatically determines the ideal cycle for dishwashing based on how dirty the dishes are.

KitchenAid dishwasher prices

Since KitchenAid is a household name for kitchen appliances, the brand carries a premium price. KitchenAid dishwashers can range from $800 to as much as $1,900 if you choose a premium model. That said, there are more affordable KitchenAid models and ways to save on your purchase.

On average, you can expect to pay about $1,000 for a midrange dishwasher. Always check flyers or contact your local dealer to ask if there is an upcoming sale. Finding the right deal can save you hundreds of dollars.

KitchenAid dishwashers FAQ

How long do KitchenAid dishwashers last?
The expected lifespan of a KitchenAid dishwasher is about 10 years. You can extend your dishwasher’s life by removing scraps from plates, regularly cleaning the filter and removing hard water residue.
Are KitchenAid dishwashers reliable?
KitchenAid is one of the most relied upon names in kitchen appliances. With proper maintenance, a KitchenAid dishwasher is a reliable choice.
Where can you buy KitchenAid dishwashers?
KitchenAid dishwashers are available at most major appliance retailers. The KitchenAid website will help you find the dealer nearest you.
How much do KitchenAid dishwashers cost?
KitchenAid is a premium name in kitchen appliances. A KitchenAid dishwasher’s cost is slightly higher than average, ranging between $800 and $1,500.

Are KitchenAid dishwashers good?

KitchenAid dishwashers are consistently rated as a high-quality choice and offer all of the options that a customer would want. High storage capacity, strong washing systems, quiet operation and a thorough filtration system make KitchenAid dishwashers a good option. While KitchenAid dishwashers may take you to your budget limits, there are still options for those who want to save some money.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Approximately 5 years ago we purchased all new appliances for our kitchen. We looked at several product lines and decided to go with KitchenAid and pay a bit more for a higher quality product. This was a mistake. The lack of quality for each of our appliances has been extremely disappointing. All 4 products, Refrigerator, Dish Washer, Range/Oven and Microwave have had issues and needed some type of servicing. I would not recommend KitchenAid to anyone in the future. Unfortunately not worth the price, but even worse, not worth the aggravation of repairs and a weak undependable product.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Purchased in June 2022, Installed in July 2022 and after using this unit, there was a small puddle of water on floor at bottom right corner of door. Contacted KitchenAid and was informed that a third party service would be sent out to verify the problem and this requires a ALL DAY TIME FRAME TO arrive as they choose and would require me (THE CONSUMER) to pay them $ 100.00 to verify (not repair) the problem? VISUALLY OBVIOUS THAT WATER PUDDLE IS ON FLOOR at bottom right corner of door, and I DISAGREE with me spending a day & $100.00 to have their verification?

Machine is mechanically satisfactory, but water leak is unacceptable quality and would have to assume a door seal problem that they choose to ignore? WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE! Owned a K.A. from 1976 thru 2010 & zero problems, a excellent machine, and obviously FAR SUPERIOR COMPARED TO TODAY'S INFERIOR QUALITY OF MACHINE! Charles

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

After 3 years my dishwasher stopped working. Hired an appliance repair guy and after 3 visits and a 1 hour chat with a KitchenAid tech they couldn't find the problem. They told me that the dishwasher was unrepairable. Here I am with an almost new dishwasher going to the local dump. Am I happy, not so much.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

First I was told there was a recall on my dishwasher when I called to complain about a burning smell. Technician came out, ran a diagnostic and told me he needed to replace both the control board and the heater. Burning smell went away but now it still doesn’t clean and makes loud clunking noises. I’m told by KitchenAid they can’t help me. I will never buy another kitchen aid product. They do not stand behind their products. Junk!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

After using our Kitchenaid dishwasher for 2 years, it periodically stopped draining. We had a certified Kitchenaid repairman come out three times over the past 6 months. The first time he said there was a little piece of paper in the drain. The second time, he said it was probably the same thing but he didn't find anything. This last time, it was a different repairman and he said the drain pump needed to be replaced. He said he has been replacing a lot of drain pumps on relatively new machines because they periodically stop draining. The warranty is only one year for this dishwasher. After $300 in service calls and $200 for the installation of a drain pump, I called Kitchenaid and they said there is nothing they can do. I will not be buying another Kitchenaid product.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We bought all KitchenAid appliances for our new home in 2017. Two of the four had major problems at the 5 year mark. I am holding my breath that the fridge and range last longer. Kitchen Aid had a solid reputation and we paid for that quality. Unfortunately, they didn’t perform and they chose not to stand by their products. Lesson learned. Their only solution was to have me sign up for extended warranties with monthly payments. No thanks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Unfortunately, We bought a KitchenAid dishwasher in November 2020 and it stopped working in mid July 2022 - we are still in warranty! It is now September, the technical support visited us twice and it didn't work both times and till now they do not know how to fix it. It has been 2 months, they refuse to replace it - and haven't fixed it - as a working mom with school kids my life is hard without the dish washer - it is very hard to get someone on the phone from their customer service - they really do not seem to care about our wasted time and energy - horrible experience with Whirlpool.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

KitchenAid Dishwasher model KDPM604KPS 0 less than 2 years old. Recall Repair to avoid flooding your home. Before they could come out to repair Dishwasher would cut off in use. Display Code E1, E9. Third Party repair company very nice. Came out, did recall repair, analyzed codes & Dishwasher Washing Motor Sump assembly bad. Estimated cost over $500.00. I paid $1,168.02 less than two years ago. Nice technician said they had done a number of these mostly warranty. First KitchenAid Dishwasher 20 years old still working fine. No repairs. We gave to a family members when we change out appliances for Stainless Steel in remodel.

Tried to talk to Whirlpool who owns KitchenAid. Each of time I was told no manager to speak to. I could not talk to Tech Support about Quality of Parts and failure. Went to Lowe’s where we purchased all of Appliances in the remodel. No reply. First question everyone ask, "Did you buy extended Warranty." I do not believe I need Expensive Insurance if I am purchasing quality products.

By the way before Tech arrived I received a letter from KitchenAid offering extended warranty 3yrs $419.44, 4yrs 559.62. Guess what? 60 days from date of purchase of insurance before coverage starts. Don’t buy this Brand. It is not the same quality product it used to be and they do not care. I see that now after looking over the reviews. Seems like the Washing Motor Sump is faulty, they want recall repair that because system shuts off so House won't flood.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I bought the expensive Kitchenaid KDTM4045KPS dishwasher that had a recall because the heating element leaked and water got into the washer motor. Kitchenaid wanted to cover the recalled heating element but damage to the washer motor. After many phone calls and arguments, they agreed to replace the washer motor, however, the washer motor part IS NOT AVAILABLE. After waiting months, they agreed to replace the dishwasher.

After waiting and waiting for a new unit, they now found a washer motor part. The original technician who told me about the recall said it will take hours to replace these parts and he has to rebuild the entire unit only kitchen floor. The potential for another leak and damage to my kitchen is too great to accept this solution. The customer service and run around from Kitchenaid is beyond horrible and unacceptable. I never get the same person to talk to and I get a different story every time I call. I will NEVER BUY KITCHENAID again and hopefully this will warn others to stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I'm very happy with my dishwasher, but after 8+ years some of prongs that separate the dishes on the bottom rack are rusting and breaking off. I ordered a new bottom rack ($210.00!!!) from my local appliance shop that came in good time. However, it is just the rack, no wheels and no cutlery basket. I called the appliance shop and was told I need to take the old parts off my rack and add them to the new rack. And if I break something trying to do the switch, I'll have to BUY a replacement for that. I can make an appointment with the appliance shop and have them do it... no charge, but I am really, really disappointed that for $210.00, the rack wasn't complete, in my opinion.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Company Information