2. Homeowners
  3. Dishwashers

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5

KitchenAid dishwashers are available in front-control and fully integrated models. Dishwasher prices start at around $900. Color options include black, white, bronze and stainless steel. The company’s dishwashers have multiple optional features, such as advanced drying technology, third-level racks, dynamic wash arms and fold-shelves with stemware holders.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Learn More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?

Original review: March 20, 2020

The machine is about 15 years old, with three shelves. It was one of the more expensive dishwashers on the market when purchased. At about about 4 years, due to abusive use (seriously soiled and grease laden everything) the machine progressively clogged. Over a weekend I tore it apart and cleaned it. It has performed admirably in cleaning since then due to reasonably use. Just recently a door spring has broken, meaning the door must be lowered manually with care until I have an opportunity to repair it. When the machine finally wears out, I will buy a KitchenAid replacement as close as is available to this machine.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I absolutely love my KitchenAid dishwasher. It is so quiet you cannot tell is running. It is energy-efficient and the temperature of the water can be increased if necessary. There are three racks in the machine. The very top rack is flat and holds either cooking utensils or knives, forks, and spoons. That rack can also be removed if you prefer. The machine also has a special feature where you can place bottles directly on individual water spouts that will shoot up into the bottle for a perfect cleaning. The other thing I love about it is Shane is that it has a removable cover that goes over the normal utensil holder automatically separate utensils so they will not stick together during the washing process.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I have had several KitchenAid dishwashers, and have found all of them to be a good solid value for the money. Capacity/noise level/rack design/durability/appearance all good. I run heavy use and have not encountered any repairs. I typically spend around 1100.00 and plan on 7-8 years of use before purchasing again. I like the hidden controls and the cycle light is easy to notify you. Very functional and I would do it again! The only reason I gave it all 4's is that I would have to save the 5's for an over the top Swedish dishwasher which I won't spring for $$$$!

Original review: March 9, 2020

I currently own my second KitchenAid dishwasher. I had my first one for 21 years before we sold the house and it was still running-if it hadn't been 21 years old I would have moved it with me. When I bought my new house it had an awful dishwasher so we bought a new kitchenaid dishwasher and I love it. I have had very good luck with my kitchenaid dishwashers. Will have one in the next house too!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I am really satisfied with KitchenAid brand overall, I had purchased most of my appliances available on this brand because I trust the brand. I had a couple of dishwasher in the past from different brand and did not last more than 5 years, the noise was terrible and my dishes didn’t came clean but since I purchase my Kitchen Aid dishwasher I have more confidence when I empty my dishwasher. Congratulations to Kitchen Aid and thank you for the good service.

Original review: July 6, 2020

We purchased our dishwasher (as part of a full set as a matter of fact) 2 years ago. It’s quiet, but has stopped washing dishes. We only use the soap and dry aid recommended by the manufacturer, and the dishwasher itself is cleaner regularly. The soap dispenser opens, but unless the bottom rack is left half empty, Ten soap doesn’t come out of the dispenser, or comes out but doesn’t dissolve. This started about six months ago, as an occasional problem, but by now it happens more often than not. Based on this, as well as my experiences with the rest of my appliances, I would not recommend this brand.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I had 2 different KitchenAid Dishwashers in 9 years. Neither lasted more than 5 years. One only lasted 4 -- AND I bought the 5 year warranty. However, it doesn't cover the PUMP which broke. What is the use!?! I am so frustrated. I was dismissed by their customer service, and just told "sorry." Well, that is certainly not good enough. This is a rip-off. If you are ok with spending over $800 every four years, good for you, but I am not. I called repair people in my area and they said the minimum cost to repair is 400. They said that model was not good to begin with, but I researched and researched, and I trusted the name. But they don't stand behind their product to even have parts in their warranty. I have to buy a new dishwasher, and I looked here for recommendations. I hope this helps someone avoid a KitchenAid mistake.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We have had KitchenAid dishwashers for 20 years. I got this dishwasher three years ago after six months, it wasn’t cleaning the dishes. The repairman came out and told me that I was using the wrong detergent. I switched to Cascade. The fact that you need to buy a special detergent to go with these dishwashers seemed pretty peculiar, but I did it. Since then I’ve had a repairman out three times because it leaks, wasn’t cleaning the dishes, water wasn’t emptying, and now all of the wheels have dissolved and fallen off the dishwasher on the bottom rack. They have melted onto the drying bar. I am grateful they didn’t start a fire.

The repairman came out and told me that I was using the detergent Cascade and that dissolves the plastic on the dishwasher wheels.... WHAT???? I finally called kitchenaid and she told me that have never heard of this ever happening and that my warranty was out. I told them that not have if any wheels on my bottom rack was inexcusable and I demanded they send me wheels. Finally they said they would. That was 7 days ago. They said they would send them but if I couldn’t put them on I’d have to hire someone, they would not pay for that. I am very disappointed in kitchen aid, and will never, ever buy another.

Original review: June 9, 2020

$1000 dishwasher that is 2 years, 3 months old left upper rack rail rusted at the spot welds and broke off. Customer service would not honor replacement part. Upper rack was under warranty (5 years) but not the rail. New rail is ~$60. This dishwasher replaced a working cheaper model (noisy) that was 15 years old. Can’t believe the poor construction.

Customer service is the worst. On hold for ~1 hour then Was told it would be a $139 service charge just for the guy to come here to evaluate the failure, I said no and just wanted the part so I could install they then transferred to the Parts dept. on hold for a half hour only to be told they don’t do warranty orders. Then transferred back to escalate issue for another hour just to be disconnected. Never buy Whirlpool or KitchenAid again.

Original review: May 22, 2020

We’ve had our Kitchenaid dishwasher for 5 years. We’ve had to replace many parts (all 4 wheel assemblies on the bottom rack, another part of the top rack (upper dishwasher height adjustment). The parts are plastic, and are poor quality. Look for a better model or brand that uses metal parts. The dishwasher cost around $900, and we’ve spent $250 on replacement parts.

KitchenAid Dishwashers author review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been a household name since the release of its first stand mixer in 1919. The company has nearly 100 years of experience crafting kitchen appliances to an exacting standard.

• Nine wash arms: Where other dishwashers make do with three washing arms, KitchenAid dishwashers use nine to ensure all dishes get clean, regardless of placement.

• Window and lighted interior: Do you hear a banging or clanging during the wash cycle? There's no need to pause and open the dishwasher when you can look through the conveniently lighted window.

• Unique clean-water wash filter: Water gets filtered while in use to remove food particles, and the filter is self-cleaning, so you don't waste any time cleaning it yourself.

• Super quiet operation: With dishwashers as quiet as 39 decibels, the only problem with a KitchenAid dishwasher might be remembering whether you've already turned it on.

• Pro scrub: While KitchenAid doesn't make a wide variety of models, the ones it does make come with features like pro scrub, which uses 40 jets to tackle the worst baked-on food messes.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team