Haier Dishwashers

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of lifeā€”from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a brand new dishwasher (along with a fridge/freezer unit that I have made a separate very negative review over) and it cost me $598. I have used it a grand total of three times before it stopped working. Apparently the universe likes me to be forced to do the washing up by hand. So the cost per load of dishwashing to date is just under $200 per use. Never buy Haier. They are **.

I bought a haier dishwasher from Harvey Normans. The first one the door kept flying open during its cycle and spraying water everywhere. Harvey Norman happily replaced. The replacement one worked once then flooded my entire kitchen destroying and bubbling my melamine cupboards. I had to wait 2 weeks for a tech who never arrived. No ** service whatsoever. There is no service dept at Haier. Learn from my bad fortune and dont buy their ** products!!!

After using the Haier dishwasher Model #ESD300 for 4 years, it just quit. I started a load of dishes. The cycle put some water in the machine. It ran for perhaps 10 minutes and shut off. I tried this 3 more times with the same results. I had thought the door should be closed since the machine was not going to work, so I closed the door. The machine started up after about 1 hour even though I had not selected a cycle. This happened 3-4 times more. I finally thought to let it keep running, but it would stop after 10 minutes or so.

The indicator light that says when the cycle is done is off all the time. I wished I had known this company does not make good dishwashers. There are no repairmen in our area - so I've been told. The ones Haier wants to send us work only on TV's and a/c units or don't work on any Haier products. And the info you wanted just so I could make this complaint, was totally unnecessary because I don't believe I will ever hear from Haier. Oh, don't buy Haier or GE brands, which Haier now owns!!! Cheap and totally unreliable!!!

I also purchased the dishwasher at the State Street Menards store. My pullout trays also broke. I contacted the warranty people which fixed it, albeit temporarily. A year later, the upper tray is broken; it sounds like ground glass is being crushed inside during one of its cycles. I will attempt again to contact the warranty people to see if they will fix it again.

I bought a Haier Dishwasher, and within one year of owning it, the tracking mechanisms for the pull out trays broke. I reported it to Menards in Bay City Michigan, and one of their staff suggested we call the vendor directly. We did, and they said that they would send us the replacements parts. Well, they kind of did; one part each month for over 12 months. We then went back to Menards and told them that they then told us that we should have contacted their repair person and that he could have done the repairs and charged the Haier Company. But when we contacted him, he said that since some of the parts were already sent, he would have to charge us and then we would have to go after Haire Company. What a joke this is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

I have a BC112G 32 bottle digital wine cooler that is out of warranty. This past weekend, I discovered that an error message was being displayed and 23 bottles of white wine had frozen in the cooler that would normally hold the temperature at or around 45 degrees. I contacted Haier who told me they couldn't help because the product was out of warranty. When I indicated that I wasn't looking for warranty work, that I wanted the name of a company that could come out and fix it for me, I was told that there is no one in my area. When I asked what the "LL" error code being displayed was, I was told that it was an error message that something was wrong with the unit. Already knowing there was something wrong with the unit, I asked him to be more specific in hopes that I could find a local refrigeration company to come and replace the thermostat. I was told that they didn't know who could do it and that since it was out of warranty, I might want to consider buying another unit. I will never purchase this manufacturer's products again ever.

I bought a Haier dishwasher 3 months ago. It stopped working 3 days ago. I called Haier, was told there's no service people in our area and to return the dishwasher to Menards and exchange it for another dishwasher. I took the dishwasher to Menards today to do the exchange. I was told they only do that within the first 2 weeks after purchase. The manager called Haier, was told that Haier would refund our money but would take 30 days. Long story short, Menards did the refund on the spot. They were excellent for doing that for us, but we're now out of a dishwasher. I had to spend another $220.00 for a better brand. Do not ever buy a Haier product. What is the use of a warranty if they do not have service techs in the area? The Haier people are very rude when talking to them on the phone. They do not care about the consumer. If anyone needs the corporate office number, here it is 1-877-461-4788. Good luck!

HAIER DISHWASHER PORTABLE - First the connector to the sink faucet wears out, then the pump doesn't work, then water spits out of the rear-end of the back of the magical HAIER. Ok, I've had the dishwasher 3 years, and every now and then you'd here a sound like a frog was being beaten in the wash and screaming for help. Perhaps it was having a dry moment, but now when I try to turn it on after replacing the faucet connector, the front light panel keeps blinking, beeping, no sound of rushing water, it gets warm inside, but you don't see it's timing go in any direction but beep.

Their HAIERY directions and troubleshooting directions are wonderful -- Here's what I need to do - check and make sure it's balanced, make sure it's on, it's plugged in, the door is closed. They have an 877 number that's now dead. So, if you want a HAIERY experience get a HAIER. I shouldn't complain, the cute little thing lasted me 3 years, but still, they could at least have a service center nearby wherever they're selling their product. They're cheap little dishwashers with cheap parts, and bad assembly...but I've heard the same nightmares about the big guys as well.

My husband bought a dishwasher from Target (I think it was Target). We contacted Haier after we had trouble with it. It was 2 weeks after warranty and it overflowed. The hose was defective and they would do nothing. my husband hook up our old hose and it was ok. Then the heat element stopped working, probably the faulty hose that caused the over flow was damaged from the water, and now it does not go thru the processes properly and the power button stays on. We have contacted the company many times.

They have said that we do not live close enough to a repair service and they will not bring anyone here. Now we are selling our home and we have to take the dishwasher in my small car about 2 hours away 1 way and pay possibly they said $200 to have it fixed. I am so angry with that company.

We thought they were a reliable company because we bought 2 air conditioners from them and they are great. We have had nothing but trouble with this dishwasher from the start and when my husband who was an electrician and home service repair person moved the dishwasher out from the cabinet the floor which was new got ripped up. Now we have to replace the floor and that is just $100 in tile.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Haier is one of the largest home appliance producers in the world. It has more than 36 million customers worldwide.

• Steam rinse: With an NSF-certified sanitizing rinse, dishes get cleaner than ever, with reduced drying time due to the high-temperature spray.
  • Stainless steel interior and liner: Using high-quality materials, Haier creates a dishwasher that is less likely to develop cracks and leaks due to high-heat operation.
  • StemGuard: Keep wine glasses and other stemware safe from damage with specially designed cup shelves.
  • EcoWash 2 technology: Get dishes cleaner with less water using Haier wash system technology.
  • Multiple models: With eight different dishwasher designs, Haier gives you a range of choices that won't leave you feeling overwhelmed.
  • Best for Homeowners and families