2. Homeowners
  3. Dishwashers

LG Dishwasher

LG Dishwashers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This dishwasher is so simple to use. The shelf racks fold down for big items. There are only 6 buttons to push. And one of them is the power button So you're not going to get confused with what to push. It is a very quiet cleaning process. The one thing I don't like is it runs from 1hour 30 min to 2 hours 15 min. Sometimes I just want a fast cycle for a few thing I instantly need. But I am getting used to starting the dishwasher before I go to work and at bedtime.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

LG is one of the best dishwashers I’ve use, very efficient in less water, great heating system for drying, many rinses for clean dishes. Yet uses less water. The time to wash the dishes could be in a shorter time. Mine uses 2hrs 11 minutes then the dry process. I’d buy the same machine just the as I love the fact that you rarely have to rewash any dishes regardless of the food that sticks to it. Love it!!

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

LG dishwasher is pretty easy to understand the settings. I have had it for over two years. It's stainless steel inside and outside. I feel the stainless steel interior is easy to clean and maintain. It has an energy saving feature which I often use. It also gives you a signal when the rinse aid is low.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It does a good job. However, the bottom rack that folds down (to accommodate large items) fell apart the first month we owned it. It does a great job on scorched items. Great job on glassware. I do however regret not getting one with selection panel lights.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Never had a dishwasher to work so well, it not only cleans well, but to maintain it is easier than I would have thought. I would buy another LG Dishwasher- I have had top brands before and they didn't even compare to what this one does...

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 28, 2021

Dishwasher leaks about halfway through the cycle, water comes out the lower left area of the door. Less than a week old. Neighbors who have the identical machine have same issue. Systemic problem I'm thinking.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 28, 2021

We bought an LG LDP6797BD dishwasher in 2018, with the intentions of putting it in our house being remodeled. We used it in our rental home for about 8-10 months before removing it from service and putting it in storage. It never got installed in the house, so after sitting for 2 years, we pulled it out of storage and put it in another rental property where it has worked flawlessly for 5 months.

Now after a total service life of 13-15 months, we walk in the kitchen one day to find it dead. Won't power up, won't light up, won't reset. Looking at a few videos, I picked up a line filter. Not the problem. In fact, once I had it apart to change the line filter, I could see the red LED lighting on the board. So clearly it has power. Then after some more research, I find the web full of similar complaints. The number of purchasers with failures occurring, conveniently almost immediately after the end of their one-year warranty, is simply staggering. The Amazon listing for this dishwasher has 100% 1-Star ratings. Let that sink in. 100% 1-star ratings, I have never seen that on ANYTHING in my life. And especially not on an item that costs $1000.

This design clearly has a significant design flaw somewhere. The number of instances of identical failure occurring within a span of 12-16 months of service life is not a coincidence, and this statement is coming from a highly-experienced engineer with 3 decades of experience in design and manufacture of electro-mechanical systems. I know better than to believe that any manufacturer can take products to market and NEVER make a mistake in the design cycle. But what that manufacturer chooses to do about it when mistakes happen is what defines a company. This machine has a major design flaw, LG knows it, and apparently has chosen to do nothing about it.

And I guess they have a right to not do anything about it. Well, I have a right to do something about it as well. If LG continues to leave customers like myself that spent quite a bit of money on a clearly defective product, then it will be the last of my money LG will ever see. And I will go out of my way, every chance I get, to encourage as many people as possible to also not ever spend THEIR money on an LG product. This is site number 2 for the day, I wonder how many more times I can tell this story before the weekend is over?

If LG believes that not addressing this issue will save them money, I can assure you it will not. They will lose far more money from me alone than what it would cost them to make this right with me. Add to that lost revenue the amount of money they will lose with all the people I convince to not ever buy LG as well, and this will quickly become an expensive mistake many, many times over what it would take to fix it. If everyone else being screwed does the same, we can make a statement that LG simply will not be able to ignore. LG, the ball is in your court.

Original review: March 17, 2021

After just 1.5 years, my dishwasher control panel developed a large crack that is preventing it from starting. This is a known problem with LG dishwashers. I was shocked that LG would not authorize a replacement panel. Their view is that this is my problem and I am on my own. I had purchased a suite of appliances and feel they should provide better customer service.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Updated on 03/25/2021: After my review LG replied, that I can call LG and they gave me an authorization number. They said that LG will contact me within 7-10 business days or I can call them. I called them today, since nobody contacted me. I was told that my claim was rejected because there was not enough documentation from the technician and the technician did not state that the dishwasher is not reparable! I said that he did not say that. I was standing next to him when he called LG and was told that there was a recall on the dishwasher and he received TCC number which I also wrote down. (And I was told later by LG that they cannot find that number in their system) This is a technician from LG. This is not mine technician.

I do not really know or care what paperwork they need to exchange. I am trying to have working dishwasher for 6 months now! I do not know why LG is not standing behind their product and cannot resolve this problem in 6 month. I have ordered this in June 2020. I do not care if the dishwasher is repaired, replaced, but I just need to have functional dishwasher.

Original Review: In June 2020 I have ordered LG dishwasher from Home Depot for one of rental units I manage. Because of shortage of appliances it came 2 months later. This is one of many dishwashers I bought, but all others were Samsung. When tenant moved in this unit, they called me that there is a rubbery smell and smoke coming from the dishwasher after about 30 min of washing. I called LG, LG said the tenant has to call because they will take them through different steps. Tenant was told that they have to keep running it that it is normal that the dishwasher is new. But smell did not go away. Technician came in, but said that he cannot stay for the whole cycle and they should keep running it.

Then I called LG and was told that they will call another technician and got another appointment. (4 months has passed already.) My tenant moved out because they could not use the dishwasher. Another technician came and spent a lot of time examining the dishwasher then he called LG and found out there was a recall on this dishwasher and gave me TCC number which LG gave him. I was told I will just call LG and give them the number and they will exchange the dishwasher. I called LG that I am calling because there was a recall on the dishwasher and gave them the TCC number. LG told me that they do not have the number in their system and they will call the repair company (which LG sent) and they will call me back. Nobody called me nor they called the repair company!

I tried the next day and was told that the recall department will call me back... Again nobody called me. It has been 5 months since I have reported problem for the first time. Nobody can still wash dishes and my apartment is vacant since I cannot place new tenant in till I have dishwasher. LG is a nightmare to deal with. I do not understand how they can stay in business. I will never buy any LG product because of the customer service they provide. There is nobody who takes ownership and resolves an issue. My tenant was so upset they wrote to VP of LG. Tenant is in the process of building a home and they make sure none of their new appliances are LG.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

These new energy efficient washers S__K!!! They don't clean unless you wash first and NEVER dry so you always wind up dripping water on floor. I've had pre-"green" dishwashers and they worked much better. I've probably run dishes twice through the new ones.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello David. We once again apologize for the inconvenience and would like to assist you as soon as possible. Please, at your earliest convenience. provide us with the address, any and all telephone numbers used or referenced while communicating with LG. The date of purchase, model/serial combination of the unit as well as any case numbers you may have received by a LG representative.

Thank you for allowing us to step in and assist.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team