LG Dishwasher

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Worst. Dishwasher. Ever. The tines collapse. The tines are too short and spaced poorly so the plates flop over and don't get clean. Dishes chip. The dishwasher rack derails because the rack is a little too narrow and the rollers aren't wide enough to stay on the rail. It derails constantly. Then I have to try to lug a heavy rack back onto the rails and then it derails in the other direction. Detergent door doesn't click into place. Dishes often do not get clean. Purple plastic pieces holding the adjustable tines pop off and rows of tines fall into the dishwasher bottom. The pump has failed 4 or 5 times in 3 years, either blocked or defective.

I made repeated, polite complaints to the company when problems persisted past the warranty period. LG DOESN'T BACK THEIR PRODUCT! I paid $899 and I'm replacing it with a Bosch that costs half of that. I hate this dishwasher! No, I really hate this dishwasher! (It gets one star because I can't give it negative 5 stars.)

LG Dishwasher LDS4821 - We purchased our LG dishwasher in mid 2012. Our first bad experience was with the installation, as the legs supporting this monster are made of plastic and the installers completely broke the frame. (I found out when it starting tilting and had to call Home Depot, who replaced the dishwasher). These dishwashers are so flimsy, they never sit correctly between the cabinets and require occasional adjustments to keep the door from scraping the sides of the cabinets.

The next problem was a strange scraping noise that would occur during the wash cycle... Turned out to be the pump, which was also leaking, which rusted out the motor. Our repair guy replaced both. The next repair was with the bottom door seal, which was leaking water. Within months after the stated repairs, the "HE" heating element light started flashing and the dishwasher wouldn't complete the cycle. Once again, our repair guy came out, tested the heating element (which was working) and determined that the control panel was malfunctioning and needed replacement.

Now on to the minor issues: detergent door may or may not open during the wash cycle, bottom rack has a tendency to stick and requires being lifted and re-seated, dishwasher may or may not do a good job washing the dishes (depending on its mood that day). At the time of purchase, we were remodeling and bought all LG appliances. After the above experiences, I will never buy their appliances again.

Bought this with a stove and refrigerator. My biggest mistake was not returning it immediately. The third rack was a pain in the neck because you could not fit glasses in the middle rack, and when you try to adjust the rack it collapses and holds nothing in place. The collapsing racks are poorly designed - have proven to be a nightmare. They will not lock in and they keep collapsing when you load dishes and cups into the washer. The very top rack which was to hold the thin knives, and serving utensils will not stay connected to the side attachments and things you load here disconnect and fall into the main compartment to be fished out of the lowest rack. They have proven to be a great disappointment. Sometimes you have to fight the soap dispenser to get it to close. The whole design is an abomination and if I hadn't just purchased it a year ago I would throw it out. What were your thinking LG in the design of this monstrosity?

Rusted front panel replaced by retailer (Home Depot). LG said I cleaned it wrong. Rusted again. Doesn't clean dishes well, change soap, clean filters, change rinse agent, still worst dishwasher I have ever owned. Very disappointed.

Had my dishwasher delivered 25 August 2016. On Halloween it gave error code AE. LG customer service said not their problem it is an installation issue. HHGregg came out and said no it is defective the installation was correct. The machine then gave code LE so I called LG back. They had a repair shop call me and I explained the codes. The shop "ordered" the parts. After days of calling they finally answered and said LG had not given them a delivery time frame and to call LG. I called LG and they said not their problem and to call shop. I called LG back and complained. After days of arguing they assigned another company because the first became unresponsive. The second and third company never contacted me and LG would say nothing but "oh we are finding someone."

Then I was referred to the refund/replacement department who said I would get a call on the decision. No call came so I had to call back. I called back and they said "oh sorry we did not call you. It was rejected." I resubmitted because yet another repair shop was unresponsive. It is now 20 December and I may not get a decision until the 23rd. Then I get to wait 7-10 days for a refund or a new machine. LG is unwilling to accelerate the process or give me a supervisor who can make a decision. Every call I get a lecture about established procedures and timeframes that have to be followed. Reprinted receipt provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Read a review by Kathleen from Pa on her bad experience with a leaking dishwasher. We had the same experience. Repair staff made 2-3 trips to our home, replacing several items inside the door. The 3rd repairman finally determined that the dishwasher was not properly leveled. After he leveled the dishwasher, we no longer had the leak problem. Hope this helps some of the frustrated LG dishwasher owners with the same problem.

I really liked the looks of this dishwasher until I got it home. My biggest mistake was not returning it immediately. The third rack was a pain in the neck because you could not fit glasses in the middle rack. I removed it to solve that problem. The collapsing racks have proven to be a nightmare. They will not lock in and they keep collapsing when you load dishes and cups into the washer. They have proven to be a great disappointment. Sometimes you have to fight the soap dispenser to get it to close. Next time I am going back with Maytag.

My LG Dishwasher has provided me with very clean dishes and glassware. The cycle I run is very quiet and as a Quick Wash, it lasts for 78 minutes to wash and dry. Over the last 5 years, it has given me excellent service.

My dishwasher stopped working a few years ago. The dishwasher was only one year old. I had it repaired and I have never had a problem since then. I also learned to clean and maintain it myself. To have a happy dishwasher and a happy dishwasher owner, try to clean your dishwasher after each use. By the way, I only used hot water and degreaser in cleaning this and now it washes better than it ever has.

This LG dishwasher cleans the dishes very nicely. It's quiet, offers a variety of cycles, looks good, etc. Of the ten or so dishwashers I've owned over my lifetime, this one is my favorite. Things that I like about the LG dishwater: very quiet, thorough cleaning, looks attractive, lots of options inside for placement of dishes, drinkware and pots, and a pleasant little tune when each load is done.

My new LG dishwasher is a leaker (model # LSDF9962ST). On October 11, 2016, we had our new LG top-of-the-line dishwasher installed. Within 7 days, we noticed a small puddle. We ran the dishwasher for another week to try to ascertain whether the problem was due to faulty installation or factory defect. Well, several days later, the installer arrived and said the leak had nothing to do with installation. He said the water was leaking from the machine at the bottom of the door. Then, our appliance store recommended calling the LG tech to pinpoint the problem. The tech arrived the very next day & was completely baffled by what he saw, so he called LG for help. After speaking to 2 LG reps, he told us that they (LG) told him that it was a "design flaw" on all of these dishwashers and could not be repaired. Needless to say, he was stunned and embarrassed...and very sorry for us. We would have to live with it or fight the company.

We felt ripped off. LG knew it was selling leaky dishwashers with a design defect & didn't seem to care. Apparently, the leak is coming from steam build up in the washer which needs to vent out somewhere, ergo the lower area of the front door is where it condenses out... Right onto the floor. Sadly, we have beautiful hardwood floors, and since the condensation is white, it leaves white puddles. We have since had our appliance store try to get the LG rep to convince the company to take the dishwasher back or compensate us for a new one of a different brand. All of this having happened within a 3 week period of installation, made us feel somewhat hopeful. No such luck! All of the inquiries have come to naught.

The company cares only about their monetary bottom line, not at all about consumers wasting their hard earned money on a known defective product. Shameful, indeed! Our only recourse now seems to be a Class Action Lawsuit. Yes, it may cost us money; however, they should not be allowed to get away with such shady practices. If this information helps a few consumers to avoid this horrible leaky product, it will have been worth it. I wish I had read the reviews in advance. Aggravated in Pa.

This is by far the worst dishwasher I've ever owned and was the most expensive one! The tines constantly collapse and allow the dishes to tip over. The soap dispenser door is tricky to get closed. Sometimes it won't dispense at all. If the door does come open usually only half the soap is dispensed. It doesn't clean anything. We practically wash every dish before loading, and when you go to unload, half are still dirty. The upper rack will not hold any sized glass or cup well. They constantly tip over. This dishwasher has broke more glassware than you can imagine. The lower rack doesn't want to roll in and out without coming off the track. I hate this dishwasher.

I bought all new appliances for my kitchen... all LG. Love everything but the dishwasher! I never thought I had to read the manual to run this... but one day realized that the filter was really greasy and there was water standing in the drain. Then I found a "quick guide" with my papers that actually said to clean this filter every time you wash! The water never drains out which creates moisture even if you put a paper towel in it each time you use it! Really... Does a manufacturer expect you to clean the filter each time? Plus we don't ever put "dirty dishes" in it to begin with! Pricey item And LG won't back this up because I am beyond my warranty. Who has time for this!? Forget this product.

LG Dishwasher Model ldf7561st - Wow, wish I read these reviews before purchasing. We upgraded our kitchen with new appliances, all LG. To be honest, the other appliances have been OK for their purchase price... This dishwasher, however, has broken down after 2 years of normal use. After calling their very friendly customer service phone bank (that has no actual power to do anything), I was informed that, lucky for me, in order to repair the dishwasher, I had two options: pay $400 for a "warranty" or only $265 for a repair! What a deal on their product that couldn't handle 2 years of operation! So ridiculous - I will not purchase another appliance from this company again.

We have had numerous dishwashers over the years but this LG Dishwasher Model LDF7551ST is the WORST dishwasher we have ever had. Both trays collapse when dishes are loaded, the drain line is insufficient so it periodically doesn't drain. This Thanksgiving dinner at 10:30 p.m. we had to empty the entire thing and wash dishes by hand because the dishwasher wouldn't drain. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CONSIDER THIS DISHWASHER - warranty is dreadful - ours said we had a "lemon warranty" but despite calling a service man NUMEROUS times our lemon is still being squeezed! Don't know if the warranty issue is with Sears or LG.

I recently purchased all new LG appliances in the new black stainless. Love the door in door fridge, enjoy the stove/oven and microwave, but the dishwasher is impossible. The rack design for glasses will not hold any size glass. Glasses continually fall and turn over during cleaning. Often the very top "new utensil" basket gets caught on the glasses and the racks will not close without being pushed aggressively. The bottom rack has collapsible sections that fall down without force and plates become scattered and stuck together during the clean cycle. The overall cleaning, look and quietness of the dishwasher is good. BUT you will become easily frustrated with the basket configuration. Wish I could return this impossible appliance!!!

I bought a home with a brand new LG Dishwasher. The machine broke in less than a year and LG came out to fix it. The next year it broke again and LG charged me $180 to fix it. Now it's broken for a 3rd time in less than 3 years and LG will not stand by their machine. Now they are saying since I was not the original owner. They won't help even though the machine was never used prior to my purchase. Also their customer service people based in Alabama are extremely rude and unhelpful. I have asked for senior management calls three times and finally got an email. I was told LG would no longer assist me since I was not the original owner. The dishwasher is a lemon. Stay away from LG.

I had a kitchen aid dishwasher for 15 years with no problem. Updated my appliances and got a high end LG dishwasher. It is so disappointing. Bottom rack keeps falling off the track. Dishes don't get clean - have to prewash dishes. Silverware container keeps falling apart. Worst of all - after 1 /1/2 years it has stopped draining. $200 for a technician to come out. I feel violated. I thought I was buying a good brand and it is a piece of **.

Have an LG higher stainless dishwasher that has been determined needs to be replaced by tech. Was offered a white may tag and was told only option or 500 dollar cash. Have been trying to get thru to discuss this matter and cannot get thru after waiting hours for some one to answer the phone. No resolution or cannot talk to supervisor. Bad business on your part. No resolution as of yet.

We purchased these items less than 3yr. ago.1st issue with dishwasher, secured contact with LG, would only replace defective part. Customers responsible for repair, only can use their factory-installers. It was cheaper to just replace with new dishwasher. Now the refrigerator is not cooling. There has to be some sort of being held responsible to their customers. Will never deal with this product again.

Lasted less than 2 years. The whole bottom seal leaked and flooded the place. This thing is still new... Looks like I just bought it and I check out the bottom and it's plain why it all failed. It's so incredibly cheap I can't believe it worked at all... I am now impressed with LG's ability to make complete and total crap work at all. Amazing **. I foolishly promoted LG based on some early personal experiences with miscellaneous peripherals, now that I have Major appliances with the LG badge I am worried because they seems to all be failing like dying flies in the kitchen. Live just about as long. NO MORE LG FOR MY FAMILY.

We purchased and LG refrigerator and dishwasher about 2 years ago. Have had nothing but problems with the refrigerator, but it is working for now. The dishwasher will not clean the dishes. Because it is out of warranty, I called to get a service appointment set up only to be told that the price which I had been quoted by two of their representatives had gone up over $100 when I finally got to the department which could schedule the service. $100 in less than three minutes? I was told that it was due to "sales tax". Total nonsense as nobody charges over 60% tax and we don't even pay tax on service calls in this state!

After calling back, I managed to get the price back down to what was promised and secured an appointment for the next afternoon. The next morning I received an overnight-mail package. It was the pump for my dishwasher which had arrived before the technician could even look at the machine. Obviously LG has had this problem many times before if they know the problem before they can even look at the appliance! Why was there no recall of the defective part if the problem is that common? This company is to be avoided at all costs. They will lie to you and will do absolutely anything to avoid accepting responsibility for their worthless products! If there were a negative number of stars with which I could rate them, I would.

Our dishwasher got some problem 2 months ago. We called for help. Some technician came and changed motherboard without identifying the actual problem. We complaint again then they asked us to take the dishwasher for repair to workshop on 30th June,16 but until today they have not returned the machine yet. We called few times to LG and Best Denki but they told us waiting for parts and 2 weeks ago they said parts has come but until today dishwasher is not being delivered. Very disappointed with services. My wife having tough time since last 2 months without dishwasher.

I just spent 1 hr and 15 minutes on the phone so LG can "diagnose" my brand new dishwasher--used 3 times! This piece of garbage leaves dishes filthy!!! I heard every stupid excuse why this piece of garbage won't clean. This one is good---we don't have enough water pressure--even though the machine controls the force of the jets via its internal jets. In fact, LG boasts of their "Direct Drive pumps/motor" that supposed to clean so well! It has nothing to do with water pressure because the unit is filled before the wash cycle starts!!! After all the attempts to diagnose the problem via my smartphone, nothing worked. I told them to just get a service repair person out. I was told that if this is the normal operation of your unit, it won't be covered under their warranty and will be charged!!! This LG dishwasher is a piece of garbage, as is their so-called customer service. DO NOT PURCHASE LG!!!

After two years, our LG dishwasher stopped pumping out the water after washing. Upon calling LG customer service, after having to pre-pay an expensive repair bill, they sent a technician to our home to repair the machine. We are now on our fifth visit and the machine is still not repaired. The repair person just took the new parts, put them in the machine, slid the machine back into the cabinet and left, never to return to complete the job.The machine's quality is poor, parts difficult to get, and service totally incompetent. Avoid this company's products at all costs. They are over priced, do not last, and are difficult to get repaired. We also own an LG refrigerator and after one year, the ice maker/water dispenser system totally failed. We are talking about a two thousand five hundred dollar refrigerator. Again, avoid LG appliances, they are junk! Their repair service is just as bad, if not worse.

We purchased this dishwasher from Home Depot on 10/20/2014 and we have had problems since purchase. The dishwasher just doesn't clean the dishes. It is a water saver dishwasher but it doesn't have enough water pressure to clean the dishes. After a huge runaround with Customer Service we did receive a full refund but what a hassle. We also have a LG refrigerator which we had to replace the ice maker within a year of purchase. While these products look good on the outside their engineering needs help.

I bought this dishwasher in January 2015 and it has been a nightmare since I have had it. While under warranty LG had 5 different people out to fix it. I have not been able to use this dishwasher more than able to use it. I paid approximately $800.00 for this dishwasher and the one I had when I lived at an apartment was 100x better than this. Didn't clean well... ALWAYS problems with it. LG would not replace, kept fixing issues with it. I had to have the motor replaced, door replaced, dish soap dispenser replaced 2x, steam vent replaced, hoses replaced, seals replaced and it has been a lemon since day one.

Again, last night after having yet another repairman out and only "repaired" about a couple of weeks ago, it breaks again and won't even come on. Seriously, what a piece of junk. Will never purchase another LG product again. Went out this morning and purchased another dishwasher. The LG is now out of warranty. Oh, and also one of the repairman told me that LG should just replace it and guess what, never heard from that repairman again. They said his work was not up to par... Really LG, I think you're not up to par!!!

My husband and I bought this dishwasher last May 2015 NEW with the fridge and stove. This dishwasher is probably the worst dishwasher ever!! It's the model with the 3rd rack, sounds convenient right? Wrong!!! It sucks, yes I can put knives and silverware on the top row but it leaves very little space for your glasses. So any glass taller than 6 inches does not fit!! Which means they have to take up space on the bottom rack or I'm forced to hand wash!

Now the bottom row... The lines that are suppose to hold the dishes do not stay standing up. The silverware basket is in three sections that is suppose to lock to together, it falls apart if you just put a fork in it. The large bottom rolling basket is constantly coming off the tracks! It takes 2 1/2 hours to run a normal load and an hour to run a quick load. The quick load does do a good job and usually have to rewash items. I hate this dishwasher and the only place it belongs is in the trash dump! WARNING DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Hello, has anyone with an LG dishwasher experienced it "whistling" during the cycles? It happens on normal and other cycles. It stopped for a while, but started back up again this week. I had a repairman out a while ago, but he couldn't get it to "whistle" so he gave up on it... Just wondering if others have experienced this and what they did? Also, the silverware holder comes apart all the time. It is supposed to, but it is getting quite annoying.

I purchased my LG dishwasher on april 11, 2015. I did not purchase an extended warranty as LG was supposed to be a high end appliance company and felt the product would not require service right away. However, I was wrong. One week after my 1 year purchase date, the dishwasher had an oe error code flashing one morning, which I did not know what that meant. So I continue to use it and instead of running at night while sleeping I decided to run before we went to bed. The dishwasher when first starting had a loud grinding noise, which sounded like it was trying to take off and start flying.

I went online to find that this is a problem with the dishwasher and the company does not back their warranty. I started a chat at 8:38 to resolve the issue and remained on the chat until 10:52, with no resolution. I then called the company direct. Spoke with a rep and a supervisor, both of which informed me my dishwasher had no warranty. Only after I had to contact Sears, get a duplicate receipt, upload it to them and they reviewed it. Since I got a discount on my dishwasher due to the door having had swirl marks on the front it voided any extended warranty. Therefore, I like many others will have to pay a serviceman to come repair my dishwasher that I purchased just over a year ago. I would tell anyone looking for any type of appliance. Do not buy LG anything!!! Their customer service is awful and their warranty is ridiculous.

Update 5/13/16: I received from LG names and numbers of authorized repairman in our area. Called their repairman, was told by them "Oh, maam, you are not in my service area." So, therefore, I have no one to service my dishwasher.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.
  • Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.
  • Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.
  • Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.
  • Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.
  • Best for Businesses, homeowners and families