LG Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I just bought this and I love it, I would recommend it to anybody, LG is a great brand and again, I would recommend it to anybody who is in the market for a new dishwasher, get an LG dishwasher, nothing else to add

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

My LG dishwasher has a stainless steel finish that cleans and shines quite nicely. Soap dispenser holds tablet or liquid and dissolves no problems. All dishes are clean and spot free with the dry mode. Plenty of room for all dishes and pots and pans. Silverware goes on top. Operation is very quiet. No complaints, and would definitely buy again.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased a LG Dishwasher to replace an older GE model that was inoperable. I'm very satisfied with my choice of the new LG Dishwasher. It is excellent in cleaning dishes as well as pots and pans. It is also quiet during operation... A big plus in my opinion. I gave it 4 stars, lacking the 5th in reference of the higher cost than average dishwashers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I purchased the LG Dishwasher and it is so pretty. I first ran the dishwasher just after installed and of course everything was wet for a couple of days. I dried the dishes and left the door and top (3rd) tray open as it seemed to hang on to the water. Then I remember the Rinse Aid so filled it up and ran again. Again everything was wet but not as bad. Then I decided to read some of the reviews (I had read them before but on Google reviews). Now I am wondering if my life will consist of drying dishes. That is a job I hate which is why I have the dishwasher. I have been on LG's site and did not find much help. BTW I also purchased a stove with no serial number easily accessible. Not my month.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

LG dishwasher stopped working after 6 weeks-refusing to replace. Purchased dishwasher 7/1/21, delivered 8/10/21. Started leaking at top of door end of October. LG authorized service center made 3 visits between beginning of November and beginning of December. The unit was pulled out and re installed with each visit. Door gasket changed, door lock latch replaced. Unit then developed leak from bottom of door and AE leak code that makes unit beep until power is hit off at the electrical panel. LG then sent out their regional “expert.” He determined a crack in the door panel liner. He also scratched up the control panel during his repairs. He stated that when he finally got a new door liner, that 3 others had been sent to him with damage. They also sent the wrong control panel replacement.

The tech, named Jude, called LG with me standing next to him and told them unit continues to leak and is unrepairable. He did a live video with the LG techs showing them the leak and another crack he found in the door. After many emails, texts, phone calls, LG is refusing to refund/replace saying damage was due to incorrect installation of unit. This determination was made after 6 service visits in which the dishwasher was taken in and out each time by an LG authorized service person. It was never noted or mentioned to me the consumer that there was an install issue at any of these service appointments. Nor did their expert say that to LG when he spoke to them In front of me.

If it was truly damage caused by installation why did LG pay for 6 service calls? Wouldn’t that have been noted after the first visit ? I now have a new piece of junk that worked for 6 weeks and had been non functional since 10/30, when I made the call for service. LG has offered me 20% off a new dishwasher. Why would I buy another LG product after this experience? The least they could do is provide me a replacement unit if they won’t give a refund.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

It is finicky, hard to start, hard to remove and clean the filter. Frequently stops in the cycle, and has a top bar made of silver plastic that split at a seam. When I called for the warranty coverage, I was told 4 weeks for a repair man. It is a poor warranty (I live in a major city) and badly designed dishwasher. Stick with a more reliable brand with more accessible repair people. After 2 years, I am replacing it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I purchased a $899.00 LG dishwasher. After one and a half years, it kept shutting off after a few minutes. Called LP, they referred me to Mr. Appliance., service person came out and stated that a small screw on the side had been screwed in so tight it broke the plastic, which in turn told the dishwasher it was not in alignment, he stated he was done at factory. So kept stopping. The repair man stated the door need to be replaced for $599, it is on a $899.00 dishwasher. I emailed LP and stated the dishwasher had 10 year guarantee, they said would send part (before I even told them what part was needed. Never sent part and never returned my many phone calls and emails. WARNING, do not buy LG.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I deal with many companies everyday, this is my third issue and LG is definitely the worst. They are so disorganized, that they don't have proper communication between their different teams, flip flop on their own decisions and forward incorrect information to their repair department at my cost. Unfortunately this impacts the customer negatively. To impact further, although recognizing their fault, LG didn't even have the decency to give a call back when requested. Very unprofessional and time consuming (over 5 hours on the phone).

Original review: July 14, 2021

Short version is do not buy any of this company's products. They could care less about the consumer or your malfunctions. My dishwasher was 9 months old and stopped working. It took 19 phone calls to get a tech out. The tech said he didn’t have a part and would order it. 4 months later I was told my dishwasher would not be repaired and was not covered under warranty any longer. That was from the president's office's as an email. Buy another brand!

Original review: June 6, 2021

Bought a TV in August 2020. After 3 repair attempts over 6 months, LG finally agreed to refund my money. With much effort, I packed up the TV and sent it back months ago and still haven't seen my refund. Had three repair attempts on my refrigerator and it's finally fixed (I guess). But we're still out $750 for lost food. Now, my 27 month old dishwasher has a control problem and rusted out rack. Both controls and rack have a 5 year warranty but I have to call some appliance-fix-it place to get them to look at it. I bet I get no repair, no parts no-nothing and a lot of wasted time for this. I have $15,000 worth of LG equipment in this house and they aren't the least bit interested in helping me. I won't buy another piece of equipment from them again.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

LG Dishwashers Company Information