1.36/5
Based on 257 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

352 LG Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Bought this dishwasher a couple years ago. Always had a funny odor, like a plastic smell. About a week ago the dishwasher started making a really ugly noise and then shot up with an error code LE. The repair person arrived today, inspected and found a blown motor and AC board. Several hundred dollars just for parts, which are not available so a lot of people must be having problems. Avoid this dishwasher. Not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought my LG Dishwasher March 2018, within one month the bottom rack which folds the fingers down for large pots, snapped and broke. It took 6 phone calls and 2 months to get a replacement. I was shipped 2 racks which tells you how disorganized they are. Currently I now have a dishwasher which has NO POWER! It is January 2019, so I called and they set up a service call for next week. I just received a follow up call from an LG representative asking me all the same questions that were asked when I called in. I was so frustrated with her as I asked why they are calling me again with questions that were already asked? She then said, "Thank you. Have a nice day." Good grief! So fingers crossed this won't take months to get fixed!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Received my brand new dishwasher on 1/8/2018. By Thanksgiving, I was getting nE error messages. I called the number on the owners manual which was basically LG customer support and they found an appliance repair co that handles their warranty work. After 6 different service calls and taking off work 6 different times, dishwasher is still not working. No dishwasher since 11/26/2018 and it is now 1/9/2019! Cannot get LG to resolve my issue by replacing dishwasher since their repairman is unable to fix it. I will NEVER buy anything from LG again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have an LG dishwasher Model LDS5540ST purchased from Lowe's on 11/07/2014. The dishwasher recently failed. The error code “nE” repeatedly appears at the conclusion of the wash cycle. We live in a small town about 5 miles from the Lowe's in Lewistown PA. Service for out of warranty LG is not readily available from Lowe's by certified repairmen in our area. Verify service availability before you buy. Apparently Lowe's advertises and sells these LG products without making you aware of this problem.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We purchased all new LG appliances for our home. The dishwasher stopped working after 7 months. We called their support number and the people there do not know what they are doing. We have waited 2 weeks and no one has called, so I called them again. They still have not found a service company that will respond to our service call. They will not escalate the issue or give out phone numbers to reach someone higher up. I will not buy another LG product again and do not recommend purchasing one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Even though it says don't rinse the dishes, just scrape them, this DW doesn't get the job done. I've tried all kinds of soaps and rinses and I often have to hand scrape food off the plates and from inside glasses. I had a Sears Kenmore for its lifespan and they don't make anything like it. Disappointed, won't buy LG again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I purchased this product from Home Depot in January for my 90-year-old parents. We've called multiple times in the last nine months since installation for error codes, flickering lights, resetting cycles. Each time LG sends a technician out and declares the issue resolved. After 9 months of this, the machine is still not functioning and I asked LG to replace the unit. They continue to give me the runaround. The difficulty is that my parents live alone, several hours away from their children. I have asked LG to schedule technician visits when we are visiting, but they have been unable to manage this. They gave the option of calling LG authorized service in the area. They don't work for LG and tell me that my experience with LG is not unique.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

LG Dishwashers are Horrible... It takes over two hours to do a load of dishes. Plus the controls do not light up correctly and you can't see which setting to set unless you get a flashlight. Plus half the time the dispenser for the soap does not open half the time. Paid way too much for this product to have so many problems... very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am extremely disappointed in the support of LG. This is my first purchase of a LG dishwasher and in the first few months I started having electronic problems. The technicians could not solve the problem after several visits and as soon as the warranty expired, they wanted to charge me several hundred dollars to continue to solve the problem.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I haven't had this but a little over a year and it doesn't work. I've never had a problem with my old dishwasher but decided to upgrade. I read the manual and followed all protocol. Never buy LG. I've been on the phone for hours just to get someone out here to service it.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

• Best for: Businesses, homeowners and families