Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
LG Dishwasher
3.80/5

LG Dishwasher

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

369 LG Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2019

The control panel cracked right through the power button within 2 months of it being brand new. Every time you close the door to start a cycle, it flashes its lights and then shuts off. I've learned to shimmy the door side to side just right before closing it in order to get the cycle to start otherwise it just beeps at you and then shuts off. If it does start the cycle, it only actually finishes it about 50% of the time. You have to clean the trap every single wash - it seems like the screen is too fine and it catches so much itty bitty debris that it clogs it completely. I can't say how much I truly hate this dishwasher! I paid for 3 year warranty and am so annoyed that I have to use it so soon. C'mon LG you bloody crooks make a product that works.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The worst item EVER that I've bought in my entire life. I've had a lot of amazing dishwashers over the years from cheap on up. This one's a nightmare. From Day 1 there were issues with LG. Plates don't stack. They immediately fall over (like dominoes). The cutlery holder malfunctioned almost immediately. It no longer locks together to hold the utensil basket in place. This results in the far end basket (one of 4) tipping over into the unit from the weight. The top rack organizing glasses, bowls or cups. Again items continually fall over. I (originally) thought adjustable times on both the top and bottom rack was a smart idea. I'm sure it looked good on paper but it's a complete and total failure. Nothing is secure. Nothing is reliable. Does LG even bother to test the equipment they build? From the bottom of my heart...if you see this dishwasher for sale please just run away as fast as you can!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We have had this dishwasher for about 1.5 years and it was never good. Here are some of the most frustrating things that have occurred with this piece of junk.

1) The bottom rack never stayed on the track from day 1. That means no one in my family of 6 can put dishes in the bottom unless you lift the bottom rack and carry it out of the dishwasher fully. It's obscene. Because the bottom never ever stayed on the track, our 4 kids have bent the outer metal frame, and now it is a pile of junk.

2) The racks around the entire dishwasher never stay up or in place, we are constantly trying to manipulate these glass racks to stay in place, but they don't.

3) The silverware holder is a pile of garbage, never stays put, constantly trying to get it to stick in place.

4) If you fill the bottom, none of the top dishes get cleaned.

5) Every other wash, we get an error message of some sort that leaves the dishwasher unusable for a couple days.

With a family of 6, and kids we are trying to teach how to take care of dishes, this dishwasher is a joke. Had I known that we would pay $700+ for a pile of junk, I would have opted for a much cheaper dishwasher, as I have lived in places in my younger years with very cheap dishwashers and have not had half the issue we have had with this. I would be ashamed to market and sell this dishwasher. After not even 2 years, we are now in the market to buy another new dishwasher because this one is basically unusable. If you are considering this dishwasher, please think twice, find a different one for your home. I thought paying $700 for one would mean it should be pretty decent, it is not at all a good dishwasher. If I could rate it below a 1 star, I would.

Original review: May 2, 2019

We bought an LG dishwasher in December of 2018 and just 4 months later it totally crapped out. We called LG and they wanted to send a service repairman that was more than two hours away from us. He wanted $1000 upfront to come out as he didn’t want to fight with LG to get paid. We said no. Not for a $700 dishwasher. So we got a guy who is only 40 minutes from our house and is very reputable to come and look at it. When he pulled it out he discovered the control switch had caught fire and burned a hole in the bottom of my cupboard! It could’ve burnt my house down!

At time of purchase we bought an extended warranty only to find out it’s not worth the paper it’s written on because we live too far away from the city we bought it. Also the control panel was completely fried. They wouldn’t consider paying us for the guy that came out because he’s not registered with them. Still fighting with them to see if we can get our money back as we don’t want something that is a fire hazard in our house. Do not purchase LG products! They are crap.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought this 2 years ago and had problems from the first load. The bottom slide out rack CONSTANTLY goes off track and can take 5-6 times to get it back on. Not an easy task when you are bent over and it is full. Dishes are always spotty, have tried every cycle and lots of different detergents and rinses. Everything is spotty and has a slippery feel to it. I end up using the rinse cycle only after doing a load and then they don't dry. More times than not I just hand wash the dishes. QUICKER, MUCH MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT AND DONE RIGHT. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 29, 2019

Sorry I didn't know prior to purchasing. We purchased in 2015 and it had a couple problems from day 1. The bottom racks fell in so we had to call a repair person who literally stretched the bottoms of the racks out so they would not fall into the bottom. Several glasses broke right off because the top rack has a terrible design. DW is hard to load and I'm constantly shifting things. NOW it no longer cleans the dishes properly. We use recommended products and get residue now more than ever. Please stay away from this dishwasher.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I bought an LG Dishwasher in October of 2017. In March of 2019 (less than a year and a half later), the electrical control panel stopped working so I was unable to use the product. Since it was 5 months past the warranty, I was charged $135.31 for a technician to come out and diagnose the problem. I was informed that I would then have to pay for the repair and labor after the technician ordered the new part. When the technician arrived, he had a new electronic control panel (so he already knew what the problem was before even looking at the dishwasher) and told me that I would not be charged for the repair or labor because this was such a common problem - that they had the NEW MODIFIED electrical control panels in stock. He said that in the NEW MODIFIED control panels, they have added a moisture barrier because in the old version, moisture from steam would get into the control panel and ruin the electrical system.

I asked him why there hasn't been a recall on this product since it was so common, and he said that he didn't know why but there has been a "Service Bulletin" released regarding this same issue. I then called customer service to get a refund of the $135.31 that I already paid, and they would not give a refund even after being escalated to a supervisor. I asked to be escalated again and was informed that he could not do that. I tried to call the President of the company and got no answer and no way of leaving a VM or email. Considering this is a COMMON DEFECT in the product and a modified control panel has been created for this issue, there should be a recall and all expenses paid. I want my refund of $135.31 since this was LG's defective product and not anything that I could control! A complaint with the BBB has been filed and I will continue to let people know that they should stay away from LG products.

Original review: March 11, 2019

A $1,000 joke - We purchased an LG Black Granite model from Home Depot in November of 2018. It has NOT worked more than it has worked. Dealing with customer service is one of the most frustrating aspects of this whole experience. We have had a new power board, a re-wire and now waiting on a door component. All while the CS rep is trying to tell me to pull out the unit and shorter the legs... ummm what?

It is now March and it is not working again. All through the holidays we had no dishwasher and have spent hours sitting here either on the phone or waiting for repair service. I will NEVER again. Home Depot should not even sell this brand. All of the consumers that have has issues should band together and file a lawsuit to re-coup the cost of these poorly built units. We are so disappointed.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Bought this DW because the guy at Home Depot told us it was the top of the line... it was the most expensive. It looked awesome, and seemed to have great features. We spend near $1000 on it. If you like to wash your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher, and again before you put them back in the cupboards... This is a great dishwasher. About 1 in 10 items comes out remotely clean (cutlery 1 in 40). The racks are useless and cause domino effect of falling plates every time you load it. Nothing seems to fit in any of the many racking configurations. If I ever win the lotto, I'm taking a sledgehammer to this thing, it is by far the worst appliance I ever bought. I will NEVER buy anything LG again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased 823.00 dishwasher that is now 9 months old and has not worked for the last 4 months. Repairman has been here and ordered parts that are on national backorder and they still cannot give us a expected day of repairs being completed. I will never purchase or even recommend purchase of any LG product from here on out. Thanks for the nightmare LG.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

• Best for: Businesses, homeowners and families