LG Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

To start, I am not the type of person to submit complaints online. However, if this message helps to prevent other consumers from experiencing the absolute nightmare I have encountered with LG products then it's worth my time. In April 2022 I purchased a LG refrigerator, Microwave and Dishwasher. Both the Microwave and Dishwasher has NEVER worked properly. The Microwave as a part of backorder for over 1 month.

For the Dishwasher I have called into customer service over 5 times spending upwards of 15-30 minutes per call. Have had 2 visits from certified LG repairmen. Have had multiple parts replaced on the dishwasher. And as of tonight, October 2022 the dishwasher has again stopped working. It does not complete the wash cycle, dishes never completely cleaned, it turns off still filled with water, and does not show any error messages. It just stops working. I paid $969.98 for a NEW dishwasher that does NOT wash dishes. Multiple calls and multiple repairs and it still is not working. I also purchased an extended warranty on top of the standard warranty it comes with. I have asked during the many calls to LG that they either replace the unit or refund my money.

The standard response by customer service: We need to repair it. At what point is enough repairing is enough? My wasted time, my frustration, my wasted water, the cost of electricity to run the dishwasher multiple times to complete a wash, and having to mop the floor because of water not emptying the dishwasher. This is not worth anyone's time to do. My recommendation is to buy a tried-and-true product from a company with a long history in the appliance business. Buyers, please take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

As part of a kitchen renovation in 2017, I decided to upgrade all my appliances. Being a longtime LG customer, I purchased a Gas range and a dishwasher from Costco. I didn’t purchase the fridge from there. They didn’t carry the one I wanted. Costco had the best deal in term of price and warranty. Once the dishwasher was installed, we ran it 3 times and then the door wouldn’t latch. The appliance repair guy came 3 times, replaced 2 parts and it didn’t fix the problem. I decided to return it and get a replacement one similar model. Costco has a 90-day return policy no question asked. The new one had no issues.

Few months ago, I couldn’t run the dishwasher. It wouldn’t start or was stuck on child lock or another program and I couldn’t release it. I had to unplug the machine, or power the machine on and off multiple times, for the machine to work on whatever program it was on. I was told there is an issue with display control panel. The cost to replace the part was $425 including labor.

Last year, I had a similar issue with my gas range and I had to spend $350 at the time to replace the control board. I called LG and explained the situation and I told them my repair guy did recently multiple similar repairs. Obviously, they had issues with the control circuits running their machines. They wouldn’t take any responsibility for the failure. Their response, the machine is outside warranty. We will give you 20% discount to purchase a new LG dishwasher. Any sane person would not buy another LG appliance, after having 3 bad experiences. LG doesn’t care about customer loyalty nor customer service. They just want to sell new machines, with no regard to quality control. They lost me as a longtime customer.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Service support is awful. 2 year old unit was functioning but displayed an error on panel. Tech replaced microswitch to resolve error, he forgot to plug in the drain hose, ruined a brand new floor, sink cabinet, and bricked the dishwasher when water sprayed on the electronics of the unit during drain cycle. Dishwasher now trips breaker as soon as power is applied. LG WILL DO NOTHING to resolve the home damages, failed to properly schedule a follow up technician visit after 6 calls, and now saying they need an additional week to send a new tech just to attempt to determine why it trips the breaker and is not turning on. I'd say the reason is obvious enough, it wasn't designed to have the motherboard sprayed with the discharge hose. Can't advise you strongly enough to avoid them. LG is not what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

LG dishwasher stopped working after 6 weeks-refusing to replace. Purchased dishwasher 7/1/21, delivered 8/10/21. Started leaking at top of door end of October. LG authorized service center made 3 visits between beginning of November and beginning of December. The unit was pulled out and re installed with each visit. Door gasket changed, door lock latch replaced. Unit then developed leak from bottom of door and AE leak code that makes unit beep until power is hit off at the electrical panel. LG then sent out their regional “expert.” He determined a crack in the door panel liner. He also scratched up the control panel during his repairs. He stated that when he finally got a new door liner, that 3 others had been sent to him with damage. They also sent the wrong control panel replacement.

The tech, named Jude, called LG with me standing next to him and told them unit continues to leak and is unrepairable. He did a live video with the LG techs showing them the leak and another crack he found in the door. After many emails, texts, phone calls, LG is refusing to refund/replace saying damage was due to incorrect installation of unit. This determination was made after 6 service visits in which the dishwasher was taken in and out each time by an LG authorized service person. It was never noted or mentioned to me the consumer that there was an install issue at any of these service appointments. Nor did their expert say that to LG when he spoke to them In front of me.

If it was truly damage caused by installation why did LG pay for 6 service calls? Wouldn’t that have been noted after the first visit ? I now have a new piece of junk that worked for 6 weeks and had been non functional since 10/30, when I made the call for service. LG has offered me 20% off a new dishwasher. Why would I buy another LG product after this experience? The least they could do is provide me a replacement unit if they won’t give a refund.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

It is finicky, hard to start, hard to remove and clean the filter. Frequently stops in the cycle, and has a top bar made of silver plastic that split at a seam. When I called for the warranty coverage, I was told 4 weeks for a repair man. It is a poor warranty (I live in a major city) and badly designed dishwasher. Stick with a more reliable brand with more accessible repair people. After 2 years, I am replacing it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I purchased a $899.00 LG dishwasher. After one and a half years, it kept shutting off after a few minutes. Called LP, they referred me to Mr. Appliance., service person came out and stated that a small screw on the side had been screwed in so tight it broke the plastic, which in turn told the dishwasher it was not in alignment, he stated he was done at factory. So kept stopping. The repair man stated the door need to be replaced for $599, it is on a $899.00 dishwasher. I emailed LP and stated the dishwasher had 10 year guarantee, they said would send part (before I even told them what part was needed. Never sent part and never returned my many phone calls and emails. WARNING, do not buy LG.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I just bought this and I love it, I would recommend it to anybody, LG is a great brand and again, I would recommend it to anybody who is in the market for a new dishwasher, get an LG dishwasher, nothing else to add

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

My LG dishwasher has a stainless steel finish that cleans and shines quite nicely. Soap dispenser holds tablet or liquid and dissolves no problems. All dishes are clean and spot free with the dry mode. Plenty of room for all dishes and pots and pans. Silverware goes on top. Operation is very quiet. No complaints, and would definitely buy again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased a LG Dishwasher to replace an older GE model that was inoperable. I'm very satisfied with my choice of the new LG Dishwasher. It is excellent in cleaning dishes as well as pots and pans. It is also quiet during operation... A big plus in my opinion. I gave it 4 stars, lacking the 5th in reference of the higher cost than average dishwashers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I deal with many companies everyday, this is my third issue and LG is definitely the worst. They are so disorganized, that they don't have proper communication between their different teams, flip flop on their own decisions and forward incorrect information to their repair department at my cost. Unfortunately this impacts the customer negatively. To impact further, although recognizing their fault, LG didn't even have the decency to give a call back when requested. Very unprofessional and time consuming (over 5 hours on the phone).

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

LG Dishwashers Company Information