1.78/5

346 LG Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I purchased this product from Home Depot in January for my 90-year-old parents. We've called multiple times in the last nine months since installation for error codes, flickering lights, resetting cycles. Each time LG sends a technician out and declares the issue resolved. After 9 months of this, the machine is still not functioning and I asked LG to replace the unit. They continue to give me the runaround. The difficulty is that my parents live alone, several hours away from their children. I have asked LG to schedule technician visits when we are visiting, but they have been unable to manage this. They gave the option of calling LG authorized service in the area. They don't work for LG and tell me that my experience with LG is not unique.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

LG Dishwashers are Horrible... It takes over two hours to do a load of dishes. Plus the controls do not light up correctly and you can't see which setting to set unless you get a flashlight. Plus half the time the dispenser for the soap does not open half the time. Paid way too much for this product to have so many problems... very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am extremely disappointed in the support of LG. This is my first purchase of a LG dishwasher and in the first few months I started having electronic problems. The technicians could not solve the problem after several visits and as soon as the warranty expired, they wanted to charge me several hundred dollars to continue to solve the problem.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I haven't had this but a little over a year and it doesn't work. I've never had a problem with my old dishwasher but decided to upgrade. I read the manual and followed all protocol. Never buy LG. I've been on the phone for hours just to get someone out here to service it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased LG Appliance. It was the biggest mistake. Within months I started having problems with fridge and Stove, the dishwasher stopped working less than 1 year after I purchase, I did not follow up right away, when I called they told me the warranty is only for 1 year that I would have to pay for the technician and if the part is warranted they will send to technician. I told them I would rather toss their awful product and buy a GE. I will never buy LG again. They are substandard. Not worth the high price they charge. I usually buy GE but decided to try LG because I like the features of their fridge. They look good but they are not good. BUY GE (General Electric) instead. They last for years and is a much better quality. Buyer beware. LG appliance sucks!!! They don't even deserve a star but I have to check 1.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a new LG Top Control Dishwasher with QuadWash and EasyRack Plus from Costco and it was delivered in February. In June, it totally quit working. Costco/LG sent a repair person twice over a course of almost 3 weeks. It still doesn't work and the repair person said it could be a couple of weeks before he returns with what he hopes is the part to fix it. I expect better from both Costco and LG.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased an LG dishwasher model ldt7797st at JCPenney. I'm in my sixties and have dishwashers for many years. This is without a doubt the worst dishwasher I have ever had. It can't clean a coffee ring from inside a coffee cup. It's totally useless. I called a repairman through LG. It was probably one of the most knowledgeable repairman I've had here. He told me I was doing everything correctly. Checked out the dishwasher and said it was operating perfectly. What a waste.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This is the worst appliance experience I have ever had, this thing is full of electrical issues. Does not turn on, shuts off midcycle, then it comes on and cycles thought errors that do not exist in the manual, even the service guy didn't know what they are. I have to pull this thing out 2-3 times a week from under my counters and unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work, last night it started running the codes again and then it just started up by itself and has not shut off, it is making a growling noise like the pump or something and I cannot shut it off. I am just going to leave this thing run maybe it will burn and do me a favor.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have been loading home dishwashers for over sixty years and my LGF7774 is the worst, and I must say, nearly impossible to load effectively. Because it doesn’t seem to be designed for actual dishes, it takes longer to load, as I have to move things around constantly to get them where they will actually get clean. The top rack areas for glasses seems to be slanted wrong and are the wrong width. As a result the glasses often fall over and break as I’m closing the tray. The bottom rack is even more frustrating. Those prongs that flop down to accommodate (what?), pans perhaps, may have seemed like a good idea to some engineer, but in use they plop down whether you want them to or not. The bottom of the lower rack could also use some redesigning. I have many square dishes and have to be over-cautious about seeing that the corners don’t extend downward where they will interfere with the spray arm.

The dishes washed appear to be clean, but don’t smell clean. I’m asking the world of manufacturers, “If the user has to rewash things, or wash them before using a machine, how much water and electricity is that saving? And if I cover the food-left-on smell with a scented rinse does that make the dishes cleaner?” In fairness I must add that I just discovered that it has an extra rinse cycle and am at the moment trying that one out.

Original review: March 30, 2018

This is a PSA regarding LG dishwasher LDP6797BD. First do not buy any LG products. I purchased this dishwasher in Oct./17 and it has been broken down twice. The repair tech arrived to fix it and the parts shipped were damaged so therefore he could not fix it. So called customer service. Rep Ali started talking the moment I asked that the unit be replaced explaining that the repairs had to be completed. He was finished with his work and explained that to her, she then told him he had to talk to technical department in order to recommend replacement. Our repairman assured me that LG doesn't replace any defective appliances that they will replace every part instead. I will be replacing this piece of junk and will tell everyone on every site I can NOT TO BUY THIS POS from LG Electronics.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

• Best for: Businesses, homeowners and families