Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I purchased the LG Dishwasher and it is so pretty. I first ran the dishwasher just after installed and of course everything was wet for a couple of days. I dried the dishes and left the door and top (3rd) tray open as it seemed to hang on to the water. Then I remember the Rinse Aid so filled it up and ran again. Again everything was wet but not as bad. Then I decided to read some of the reviews (I had read them before but on Google reviews). Now I am wondering if my life will consist of drying dishes. That is a job I hate which is why I have the dishwasher. I have been on LG's site and did not find much help. BTW I also purchased a stove with no serial number easily accessible. Not my month.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This dishwasher is so simple to use. The shelf racks fold down for big items. There are only 6 buttons to push. And one of them is the power button So you're not going to get confused with what to push. It is a very quiet cleaning process. The one thing I don't like is it runs from 1hour 30 min to 2 hours 15 min. Sometimes I just want a fast cycle for a few thing I instantly need. But I am getting used to starting the dishwasher before I go to work and at bedtime.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

LG is one of the best dishwashers I’ve use, very efficient in less water, great heating system for drying, many rinses for clean dishes. Yet uses less water. The time to wash the dishes could be in a shorter time. Mine uses 2hrs 11 minutes then the dry process. I’d buy the same machine just the as I love the fact that you rarely have to rewash any dishes regardless of the food that sticks to it. Love it!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

LG dishwasher is pretty easy to understand the settings. I have had it for over two years. It's stainless steel inside and outside. I feel the stainless steel interior is easy to clean and maintain. It has an energy saving feature which I often use. It also gives you a signal when the rinse aid is low.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It does a good job. However, the bottom rack that folds down (to accommodate large items) fell apart the first month we owned it. It does a great job on scorched items. Great job on glassware. I do however regret not getting one with selection panel lights.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Short version is do not buy any of this company's products. They could care less about the consumer or your malfunctions. My dishwasher was 9 months old and stopped working. It took 19 phone calls to get a tech out. The tech said he didn’t have a part and would order it. 4 months later I was told my dishwasher would not be repaired and was not covered under warranty any longer. That was from the president's office's as an email. Buy another brand!

Original review: June 6, 2021

Bought a TV in August 2020. After 3 repair attempts over 6 months, LG finally agreed to refund my money. With much effort, I packed up the TV and sent it back months ago and still haven't seen my refund. Had three repair attempts on my refrigerator and it's finally fixed (I guess). But we're still out $750 for lost food. Now, my 27 month old dishwasher has a control problem and rusted out rack. Both controls and rack have a 5 year warranty but I have to call some appliance-fix-it place to get them to look at it. I bet I get no repair, no parts no-nothing and a lot of wasted time for this. I have $15,000 worth of LG equipment in this house and they aren't the least bit interested in helping me. I won't buy another piece of equipment from them again.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased LGLDT5678SS dishwasher in April. The dishwasher has a very annoying whistling sound during the fan/drying cycle which I reported to LG immediately. LG sent CVS Appliance repair to correct the problem. They replaced the fan; the whistling continued. I was told by their rep that it was probably a design/manufacturing flaw. I have called LG multiple times. I was told today by a supervisor that only TCC could authorize a replacement or refund, whoever that is.

Do not buy this dishwasher. LG reps give you a constant runaround and the supervisor basically said LG would do nothing to correct or fix this. She put another work order in to CVS; their rep Randy called and said he had already repaired the dishwasher and that I should get another service company to come out. I have reached out to Ferguson, the company we purchased the DW from, they are my last hope. I cannot and will not live with this annoying noise which can be heard throughout my home, not just in the kitchen.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I am so disappointed in my new LG (Model LDT 7808 ST) dishwasher purchased early April 2021. I guess I missed the statement in the manual "Hybrid Drying System: This efficient drying system does not use a heating element during the drying process..." Guess what? The translation of that is: This dryer does not dry AT ALL. Everything is wet. And there is a cycle called "Extra Dry" and that's quite funny because it doesn't dry at all either so why have it? The only suggestion from LG? Make sure your rinse aid is filled. A dishwasher that has no drying ability except air dry is not my idea of a product I want. I will not be keeping this dishwasher and I will not be buying another "hybrid drying system" dishwasher from anyone. If I'm going to have to dry my own dishes I might as well wash them too.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Bought LG dishwasher from Home Depot July 2020. Delivered in 9/2020, due to Covid. Tried to make it work in two of our family homes, multiple calls to service techs. Gave me a repair reference number, which eventually revealed that no LG service tech services in our area, and no local repair was found when LG looked for one. I have a new service number now, and twice they have said it will be 7 to 10 days before I know if I will get a refund. It is still under warranty. Stalling is just unbelievable. One time they said the Power Service Team would decide, now it has been given to Defective Returns Department. I do NOT want another one, if no one can service it even with a warranty.

I sent an email to their CEO at LG. If I don't get my refund (sent all paperwork 2 times) I am going to ask consumer media TV people to publicly help me. We still don't have any dishwasher, want our money back to purchase a different one from anyone but LG. My situation sounds like one of another person's review.... That worries me that we won't get a fair solution.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

LG Dishwashers Company Information