LG Dishwasher
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LG Dishwasher

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

316 LG Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I just purchased a new LG dishwasher. It stopped working within 30 days of operation. When trying to arrange for warranty repair, the techs are not showing up to fix it. The claim is that parts are on order, and when I call for a status update, customer service puts me on hold until the line auto disconnects. Avoid purchase of this brand.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I just purchased a LG dishwasher LDP6797BB from Home Depot on 10/9/17, it was delivered on 10/17. We installed it ourselves (no issues there). Once we had the dishwasher all installed and confirmed no leaks, I went to run the dishwasher through a full cycle (as recommended). I powered on the machine only to get this code "L2", I pulled the book out to find out this code means, luckily (according to the book) this is not an "error" it is a "Rinse Agent" code... However, the book does not tell you how to clear this code. So I called LG customer service, I was told I had to reset the machine at the circuit breaker. OK so I do that, machine is reset, machine works (thank God).

When the cycle completes, I load the dishwasher with dishes and power on the machine... L2 AGAIN, reset AGAIN, did not work, reset breaker again. I have done this 1 MILLION TIMES in a week (and yes there is rinse agent in the machine). I have called LG, they are no help. They have no "techs" on staff that you can speak to, I know this is an easy fix, but they insist on sending a tech to my home. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY LG AGAIN... Fingers crossed that they can fix this once and for all.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Not only did it break, of a faulty mechanism. This company's customer service is the worst! They are outright liars! Still waiting for the part that should be covered by the warranty. After numerous phone calls and begging it's been 4 months, still waiting for the part to arrive.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have an LG dishwasher, purchased in October 2013. During many cycles, it "whistles" for minutes and minutes. I had a service guy come out, but the problem couldn't be reproduced. It's quite annoying and can be heard over the TV. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do? Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

This washer has many bad issues. I purchased it 1 year ago. Most annoying is the soap dispenser rarely works. Sometimes it doesn't dispense other times it dispenses only a little and lately only when the cycle's done and I open the door it dispenses. The drying cycle never ever has dried the dishes. Water puddles on top of glassware and bowls constantly. I always have to dry the dishes. The adjustable racks are most annoying, as they don't stay where you adjust them and I spend too much time bent down adjusting them as they collapse again. The filter that you have to remove and clean all the time is a pain. This overprice dishwasher was the biggest mistake. It has turned me sour on LG appliances as I purchased a LG fridge at the same time, which is a whole other complaint. Stay away from LG!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I purchased a dishwasher, which broke down within a year. Luckily, it was still under warranty and I reached out to LG for a repair. We're now entering the 5th week of me waiting for a repair or replacement and there isn't an end in sight. In fact, LG is actually starting the process over. Customer service hasn't been helpful, their "Executive Office" has sent me in circles, and I feel like it's probably going to be quicker to purchase a new dishwasher - definitely not an LG. I really don't have anything nice to say about LG's appliance division or the people I've interacted with throughout this ordeal.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Bought a LG dishwasher in October 2016, due to shipping issues did not get until December, installed myself, first use it took about 6 hours to complete a cycle, and dishes were still dirty, soap dispenser never opened. Called Lowe’s, they told me to call LG, and they would schedule a service call. Well they set up one for 30 days from a lawnmower company? They came, said I had a loose wire, my fault, well before they got very far away dishwasher quit. Well to make a long story short, here it is August 18, and my dishwasher still does not work. LG keeps turning me over to AE service which I don't know who is more useless, every time they schedule someone I get a phone call within a few days of appointment from a service tech that either tells me I am too far away to service, or they no longer service LG due to not being paid, some say they cannot get parts, or get wrong parts.

I have been told 3 times by LG service that I was being escalated to a buy back since I have had so many problems, but keep getting the run around. Today I was offered to buy an extended warranty, what a joke. At this rate it will be out of warranty before I ever see a repairman, she agreed, and said that’s a good reason to buy this extended repair warranty. If anyone wants to call me ** I am ready to get people together to contact the Better Business Bureau, if they have had the same issue, someone need to stand up for our consumer rights. I don't even have mine hooked up, gave 15 year old General Electric away, and never had a problem with it, brother in law loves it.

Original review: July 25, 2017

LG dishwasher LDF55545ST - Have called LG several times but they are absolutely no help at all. The dishwasher is stuck in sleep mode. The tech that came said new control panel. Lost receipt but have cancelled check showing purchase but they will not cover warranty. Also they are sending me extended warranty service plans to buy but won't honor existing warranty. Sorry product and customer service. I will never purchase LG again and do not recommend their products.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I bought an LG LDF5545ST Dishwasher on March 26, 2017 from Lowe's. Within a month the dishwasher started to smell so bad we thought there might be a mouse or something in it rotting. The dishes also were not coming clean or getting dried fully no matter what we did. I called LG and did everything they told me to try and it did NOT work. Do NOT buy this dishwasher, I am trying to get them to take it back, they are saying its been too long but I am going to do everything I can because this is disgusting, I can't even tell you how bad the smell is. I'm going to schedule a maintenance person to come when the smell is at its worst.

Original review: June 8, 2017

This expensive dishwasher didn't work right from the start! It doesn't clean the dishes. It doesn't DRY the dishes. The soap dispenser is small, doesn't dispense the soap all the way, won't use the soap cubes, dispenser doesn't even open in the cycle most of the time! We have to dry the dishes by hand every time! We kept the rinse aid full at all times and the dishes and glasses came out covered with spots every time. After 1 year and 2 months hubby smelled something like wires burning. Sure enough, next morning the motor was shot!! No use trying to get in touch with anyone who will do something about it because NO ONE will do ANYTHING. Don't buy this dishwasher, it's JUNK!

Original review: May 29, 2017

LG dishwasher inverter direct drive - If I did not have to pay to reinstall, I would toss this one and replace it. It sounded good that in the bottom rack the dish dividers folded down to arrange space for large items. Yes, they do -- every time I load, close, open, or almost when I breathe when using it. If I partially load (of course, I do) and close to await more future dishes, the dividers fall over and the plates and bowls tumble. So frustrating because I have to reload every time I GENTLY close the door (if I get to that point before they fall). I now work in very slow motion and hold my breath when using it. Let's capitalize VERY dissatisfied!

Original review: May 27, 2017

Dishwasher broke a few weeks after warranty ended. Only LG certified appliance repairman are to fix it. I lost 2 days' work for a no show, no phone call repairman. Complained to LG, told 4-6 weeks and I will get a refund. It has been over 20 weeks and I am still told it will be 4-6 weeks. Spoke to manager who told me she would call me back before the end of the day yesterday - did not get a phone call back. LG is unreliable and undependable.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Tonight we set our dishwasher to run as always while we sleep. Well it was a good thing I didn't fall asleep right away because my LG dishwasher control panel shorted out and caught fire, and it didn't even trip the breaker. Hopefully that's because I got to it first. We have had nothing but trouble with it over the seven plus years we owned it. It has been completely rebuilt at least three times. It has always had a foul smell to it when it ran.

Original review: May 9, 2017

We bought all new LG appliances several months ago. Happy with all except dishwasher (LDS5540ST). I too am having issues with the dispenser door not opening or opening and the cube is still in the compartment. Have found the cube in the bottom of the dishwasher not totally dissolved. I too just bought the liquid detergent and the door opened on the dispenser and the liquid is in the bottom of the dishwasher. I have called the company on 2 occasions. She has given some information but nothing changes. I was told to make sure the dispenser was not being blocked by dishes. I monitored but that is not the issue. We went back yesterday to the company we bought from. Different salesman and he had not one positive word about any of the LG appliances. I will call the service rep to come look and if not help will take it back!!! Anyone have any suggestions?

Original review: April 22, 2017

I purchased my LG dishwasher (Model LDF7774SD) in May 2016. It is less than a year old. Starting in February 2017, the dishwasher started having issues. The soap tablet compartment does not dispense the soap tablet, leaving the dishes as dirty as when they were loaded. I have tried liquid as well and after the cycle is finished and you open the door it is running down the inside of the door. LG sent a serviceman to repair the dishwasher twice, and it is still not operating. He replaced the motor as well as some other parts. I have placed nine calls to their customer support center, with no resolution. They keep stating they are sorry for the inconvenience, but refuse to replace the unit.

Today May 21, 2017, I contacted them again, since I have not heard from them. First I was directed to their customer service in the Philippines then to their operation in the Bahamas and then to their support center in Costa Rica and back to the Philippines. You can barely understand the representatives. They are more concerned with "updating" their system notes than correcting the problem and providing good customer service. I asked to speak to their engineering or quality control department, but was told they have no way to contact them, and could not provide a phone number.

In addition to the soap not dispensing, dishes fall over when going through the cycle, as the tines are spaced too far apart. Many of the glasses after they fall over, fill with water, and surprise when you open the door... water everywhere. When I spoke to a customer service supervisor, and asked him what I should do until/if they repair or replace the unit, he said "I guess you will need to wash them by hand".

I have never dealt with a company like this before. I will be submitting a complaint with the BBB. Forget about contacting the number listed on the web, for the North American Corporate office. You can't reach anyone. If you try to leave a message, it states the voicemail is full. I will never buy another appliance from LG. (Life is Good) NOT! If I could give them a negative rating I would. You would be very wise to stay away from this company. Why any retail store would carry their line of appliances is beyond me.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Bought the dishwasher 4 years ago. Rack system collapses when you load plates - had to jerry rig something to prevent from happening, the hose discharging the water leaked after 3 years of normal use (very thin, cheap hose I had to replace), had numerous occasions where it would not pump water out so had to manually remove the water and it would then worked again until now when it is not longer pumping. I think I am going to start buying disposable appliances - the kind that cost less you don't feel bad throwing away after a few years of use cause they did not cost a fortune...

Original review: April 14, 2017

We bought a LG Stainless Steel DW in '99 for our remodel. I caught on fire. I called the company and was told they were aware of the problem and would give me a 1K credit for an upgrade to the 1.6K model. I did not want to pay that much for another LG. I returned it to a local business and got a partial refund towards a KA which is still working. 6 years ago we bought a new home with a complete LG kitchen. The stainless steel dishwasher caught on fire within a month. Didn't call LG this time. Just replaced it with a Bosch. I will never buy another LG appliance and do not recommend them.

Original review: April 14, 2017

We are to have our dishwasher (LDF77748T) looked at today by an LG repair person. The problem is the soap dispenser does not open at wash but rather at rinse if it opens at all. We are into our 10th month after purchase and thinking that (after seeing other negative notices) we would just as soon get another dishwasher. The positive remarks regarding the dishwasher appear to be shills for the company - I could be wrong - however we are very concerned about this product.

Original review: March 13, 2017

We bought our LG dishwasher just a year ago and of course right after the warranty is up the dishwasher fails. As a family of 5 we don't have the money to buy a new dishwasher again or fix. You would think after paying a large amount of money for a product it would last more than a year. Very displeased and unsatisfied. Will not buy LG again.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We purchased the LG Model # LDF7774WW just a few months ago and from the very first wash we noticed that it would not clean the dishes properly, even though I am in the habit of rinsing off the dishes under running water with a dish scrub brush before putting them in the dishwasher. Also, there is a setting for heated water on the panel. It clearly shows the temperature of 160 degrees. However, after suspecting this claim, I tested the water mid-wash with two distinctly different thermometers, one electronic, the other mechanical. Both thermometers showed readings of between 110 degrees and 109.4 degrees.

This washer is simply designed to be inferior. Our past GE dishwasher would superheat the water to the point where you could get a mild burn if you were not careful removing metal items from the washer at the end of the cycle. With LG, the dishes feel a little warmer than room temp at the end of the cycle. Avoid this brand and especially this model. It is garbage.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Dishwasher D1484CF is a good-looking machine and we have had it for a few years but for the majority of that time it has been broken and awaiting repairs. The problem is always the same, the ON and OFF switch fails and fails and fails. The switch has a sensor that means it doesn't actually need to be touched... just the sense of your finger seems to set the machine, but it fails and fails etc.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Just bought the LG LDT9965BD Dishwasher. It does not dry the dishes properly. I didn't realize that the dishwasher has what they call a "hybrid drying system". The dishwasher does not have a heating element, instead, it relies on the heat that is retained by the dishes. They recommend hotter water which is NOT a good idea if you have children. Also, rinse aid is REQUIRED to enhance the drying performance. They should really inform customers about this. Also, the inside of the door stays wet all the time unless you dry it after you wash your dishes.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I purchased brand new appliances in 2016 with them being delivered in spurts due to back orders. The dishwasher Model LDT9965bd was delivered on January 30, 2016 and not installed for a few weeks later. These are top of the line LG projects in black ice. I noticed the finish deterioration on the left side on 2/7/17 so I contacted ABC Warehouse on 2/7/17 and my salesman referred me to their LG customer service. I call the next morning and they refer me to LG directly because they say the warranty was up on January 30, 2017. I did not purchase an extended warranty on this item like I did my fridge and stove. Upon sending my photos she asks me how I clean it. I don't use product on the item and only wipe with a damp dish towel on top where the buttons are. To be honest the dishwasher does not need that much cleaning on the outside (sounds accusatory to me).

She proceeds to tell me to call service repair and provided me a local number that I have not called as it will be a cost to me for them to come out. The finish on my black ice dishwater is coming off around the handle on both sides and I have only had it installed since late February 2016. I told her to forget it that I would take this up with my sales rep. At this point I would not recommend LG products if this does not get addressed at no charge. THIS IS A MANUFACTURER DEFECT. I will not stop until this is fixed at their expense since I spent $1,000 on this item. I thought I was buying quality.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Bought LG DISHWASHER LDT9965BD in Nov/2016. We have a laminate floor in our kitchen. Didn't realize the dishwasher was leaking until the Pergo floor panels started curling up at the seams in front of the washer. The service man said our sump assembly seal was leaking from inside the washer. The dripping was unnoticed because the water was flowing under the laminate panels and soaking into the padding underneath. I have had many less expensive dishwashers in my life and never had a leak not even a drip. This was the most expensive dishwasher LG had at the time of purchase. Waiting to see if LG backs up the damage that was caused.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I bought this LG dishwasher 2 years ago. The dishwasher never worked well. Dishes were not clean, racks collapsed, the cycles it offered were useless. The Smart Diagnosis does not function. The app is not yet set up. Within the first year the dishwasher completely broke down and I had to replace the motor. I asked for a new dishwasher but the company refused. I figured it was a lemon. Now a little past the second year the dishwasher is not draining. I took the dishwasher out of the space to make sure that the pipe was not kinked. I found a tissue stuffed in a spot where a screw should have been. The repair man probably put it there to prevent something from jiggling. How do I know he repaired it properly?

I spoke with customer service in the Philippines. The girl was cordial but explained that to fix the dishwasher it was going to cost me $400. I asked to speak to a supervisor. They transferred me to a girl in Alabama who was less than helpful. She was rude. She just talked and talked about how I should have bought an extended warranty and did not let me get a word in. Finally she ended up hanging up on me. It seems like highway robbery that I pay 899 for a dishwasher that breaks in the first year, then little into the second year they want me to pay another 400. I cannot afford to pay 440 dollars a year to have a dishwasher. I had a Maytag before this that lasted 20 years and I paid about $350 for it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Purchased (4) LG appliances from Lowe's. The dishwasher, model LDF7774BD has poorly designed racks... glasses and dishes fall over or roll around when you open and close the unit when adding additional dishes until it is full enough to run. The rack design is the big negative, will not hold as many dishes as our old one. We really did read the owner's manual and watched the online videos which are not much help. Called LG customer "NO" Service and imagine they said they have never heard this complaint before... ha! DON'T BUY LG DISHWASHERS EVER!! We will be returning the dishwasher to Lowe's.

Resolution response: Feb. 2, 2017

I am updating my review to state that I contacted LG by email thru their website, asking if there are any snap in times to utilize the bottom rack more efficiently and keep smaller items from falling through. I have not received any response from LG, and on reading similar reviews on the other brands I had contemplated, I would just be costing myself more money for the same issues, plus another installation fee since. At least I purchased this dishwasher on a good sale. Sadly I concede and no longer will enjoy the challenge of easily cramming three days of dishes and miscellaneous items into my dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I just bought an LG LDF-5545ST about two weeks ago and had it installed. It is very quiet and cleans just fine. Unfortunately this brand new LG has sticking soap dispenser as everyone else mentioned, and the top rack tines are soft and so oddly placed that I may go nuts. The bottom rack has maybe five wires across the bottom and huge dead space in the center if you aren't washing pots. I end up hand washing more than ever because this is the perfect dishwasher for rich people with no children, no pets, no plastic, and no odds and ends.

It is the perfect dishwasher for people who wash a matching service for 8 or 10 dinner party and then don't eat for a week. Small glassware of any kind can't be placed in the bottom dead space or they clink around or fall through the massive spaces. Lids don't sit right, and if your bowls are deep and you want to stand them up, again, dead space ruins everything. I am so missing my 22 year old Maytag that still worked, but had severe rack rust. I will be calling Lowe's to take this monstrosity back and get a dishwasher that is family friendly.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

This is the worst dishwasher I have ever owned in the past 3 years. I have had to remove it and unclog the drain hose. I have called LG numerous times with no resolution. When I can afford a new one it will be replaced.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Worst. Dishwasher. Ever. The tines collapse. The tines are too short and spaced poorly so the plates flop over and don't get clean. Dishes chip. The dishwasher rack derails because the rack is a little too narrow and the rollers aren't wide enough to stay on the rail. It derails constantly. Then I have to try to lug a heavy rack back onto the rails and then it derails in the other direction. Detergent door doesn't click into place. Dishes often do not get clean. Purple plastic pieces holding the adjustable tines pop off and rows of tines fall into the dishwasher bottom. The pump has failed 4 or 5 times in 3 years, either blocked or defective.

I made repeated, polite complaints to the company when problems persisted past the warranty period. LG DOESN'T BACK THEIR PRODUCT! I paid $899 and I'm replacing it with a Bosch that costs half of that. I hate this dishwasher! No, I really hate this dishwasher! (It gets one star because I can't give it negative 5 stars.)

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

LG Dishwasher LDS4821 - We purchased our LG dishwasher in mid 2012. Our first bad experience was with the installation, as the legs supporting this monster are made of plastic and the installers completely broke the frame. (I found out when it starting tilting and had to call Home Depot, who replaced the dishwasher). These dishwashers are so flimsy, they never sit correctly between the cabinets and require occasional adjustments to keep the door from scraping the sides of the cabinets.

The next problem was a strange scraping noise that would occur during the wash cycle... Turned out to be the pump, which was also leaking, which rusted out the motor. Our repair guy replaced both. The next repair was with the bottom door seal, which was leaking water. Within months after the stated repairs, the "HE" heating element light started flashing and the dishwasher wouldn't complete the cycle. Once again, our repair guy came out, tested the heating element (which was working) and determined that the control panel was malfunctioning and needed replacement.

Now on to the minor issues: detergent door may or may not open during the wash cycle, bottom rack has a tendency to stick and requires being lifted and re-seated, dishwasher may or may not do a good job washing the dishes (depending on its mood that day). At the time of purchase, we were remodeling and bought all LG appliances. After the above experiences, I will never buy their appliances again.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

• Best for: Businesses, homeowners and families