1.78/5
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

343 LG Dishwasher Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 25, 2018

I haven't had this but a little over a year and it doesn't work. I've never had a problem with my old dishwasher but decided to upgrade. I read the manual and followed all protocol. Never buy LG. I've been on the phone for hours just to get someone out here to service it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased LG Appliance. It was the biggest mistake. Within months I started having problems with fridge and Stove, the dishwasher stopped working less than 1 year after I purchase, I did not follow up right away, when I called they told me the warranty is only for 1 year that I would have to pay for the technician and if the part is warranted they will send to technician. I told them I would rather toss their awful product and buy a GE. I will never buy LG again. They are substandard. Not worth the high price they charge. I usually buy GE but decided to try LG because I like the features of their fridge. They look good but they are not good. BUY GE (General Electric) instead. They last for years and is a much better quality. Buyer beware. LG appliance sucks!!! They don't even deserve a star but I have to check 1.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a new LG Top Control Dishwasher with QuadWash and EasyRack Plus from Costco and it was delivered in February. In June, it totally quit working. Costco/LG sent a repair person twice over a course of almost 3 weeks. It still doesn't work and the repair person said it could be a couple of weeks before he returns with what he hopes is the part to fix it. I expect better from both Costco and LG.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I purchased an LG dishwasher model ldt7797st at JCPenney. I'm in my sixties and have dishwashers for many years. This is without a doubt the worst dishwasher I have ever had. It can't clean a coffee ring from inside a coffee cup. It's totally useless. I called a repairman through LG. It was probably one of the most knowledgeable repairman I've had here. He told me I was doing everything correctly. Checked out the dishwasher and said it was operating perfectly. What a waste.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This is the worst appliance experience I have ever had, this thing is full of electrical issues. Does not turn on, shuts off midcycle, then it comes on and cycles thought errors that do not exist in the manual, even the service guy didn't know what they are. I have to pull this thing out 2-3 times a week from under my counters and unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work, last night it started running the codes again and then it just started up by itself and has not shut off, it is making a growling noise like the pump or something and I cannot shut it off. I am just going to leave this thing run maybe it will burn and do me a favor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have been loading home dishwashers for over sixty years and my LGF7774 is the worst, and I must say, nearly impossible to load effectively. Because it doesn’t seem to be designed for actual dishes, it takes longer to load, as I have to move things around constantly to get them where they will actually get clean. The top rack areas for glasses seems to be slanted wrong and are the wrong width. As a result the glasses often fall over and break as I’m closing the tray. The bottom rack is even more frustrating. Those prongs that flop down to accommodate (what?), pans perhaps, may have seemed like a good idea to some engineer, but in use they plop down whether you want them to or not. The bottom of the lower rack could also use some redesigning. I have many square dishes and have to be over-cautious about seeing that the corners don’t extend downward where they will interfere with the spray arm.

The dishes washed appear to be clean, but don’t smell clean. I’m asking the world of manufacturers, “If the user has to rewash things, or wash them before using a machine, how much water and electricity is that saving? And if I cover the food-left-on smell with a scented rinse does that make the dishes cleaner?” In fairness I must add that I just discovered that it has an extra rinse cycle and am at the moment trying that one out.

Original review: March 30, 2018

This is a PSA regarding LG dishwasher LDP6797BD. First do not buy any LG products. I purchased this dishwasher in Oct./17 and it has been broken down twice. The repair tech arrived to fix it and the parts shipped were damaged so therefore he could not fix it. So called customer service. Rep Ali started talking the moment I asked that the unit be replaced explaining that the repairs had to be completed. He was finished with his work and explained that to her, she then told him he had to talk to technical department in order to recommend replacement. Our repairman assured me that LG doesn't replace any defective appliances that they will replace every part instead. I will be replacing this piece of junk and will tell everyone on every site I can NOT TO BUY THIS POS from LG Electronics.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Wish I had found this website before I purchased this nightmare of a dishwasher (Model LDT7797ST) at Costco. Unfortunately I was out of town and did not run it before the 90 warranty period expired and now I am stuck with this lemon. The problem is, except for one option, it shuts itself off in the middle of most of its cycles (it has numerous options such as half load, energy level, dirtiness of dishes) and does not clean or drain. The dishes are soaking when the one cycle that seems to run completes.

LG did send out two repairmen who both said the machine works (as the motor does work and it can drain when it's not running in a cycle) but it doesn't. I have spent hours on the phone with Costco (I have called them six times) and LG (I have spoken with them six times) and have missed work to have repairmen tell me nothing is wrong with the dishwasher, and I spent $900 on the purchase of dishwasher. I am so traumatized by this experience, I have stopped using the dishwasher altogether. Save yourself and go with another company!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Buyer beware!!! LG Appliances are horrible!!! I recently remodeled my whole kitchen and liked the way the black stainless steel appliances looked. I’m usually a Maytag fan but they didn’t carry the black stainless steel so I went with LG. HUGE mistake!!! The dishwasher is junk in less than 3 months. The dishwasher needed a whole new power board. After dealing with customer service and getting the runaround I finally had my dishwasher fixed after 3 weeks of non use. Now here it is 6 months later I’m having the same problem. This time customer service is worse. They sent the work order to 3 different places that don’t come to my area, spent hours on the phone and I’m already 2 weeks without a dishwasher and still dealing with this problem. This is a thousand dollar hunk of junk!

That’s not the only problem the 3rd rack is useless, it doesn’t dry your dishes, it takes 2 hours to complete a load and everything is still wet, the tines are flimsy and always fall over causing you to break dishes at times, it’s always humid inside the dishwasher that creates an odor all the time and I pre rinse my dishes and clean the trap regularly. I have nothing nice to say about it except that it’s nice to look at and it’s quiet. Especially now because it doesn’t work! If you value the opinion of others and the reviews you read do not buy LG! I’m already Experiencing problems with my stove and my fridge has dents in it from just regular use. It’s like it’s made out of putty you look at it and it dents. LG should stick to making TVs. I’m highly disappointed and can’t wait to replace all of my appliances with Maytag!

Original review: March 17, 2018

We bought the LG Dishwasher a few years ago, partly because it was considered one of the most quiet (the kitchen is open to the family room and the builder supplied dishwasher was so loud, it was impossible to do anything social during a wash cycle). But we also were sold on the purported quality and features. We got it and installed it. It was quiet as claimed. But it didn’t clean anything. Often, the soap dispenser wouldn’t open. It filled the inside with hardened calcified soap. We called LG, to no avail. They told us it must be our water pressure (we are on city water and the pressure is just fine). They also said that even though we had a warranty, that issue wasn’t covered and if they sent someone out and it was confirmed that the issue wasn’t warranted, we’d be charged $150 as a minimum visit.

We already paid a lot for the appliance and didn’t want to get stuck with another bill. So we managed, mostly precleaning the dishes, washing them again when the soap didn’t dispense, and dealing with the calcified buildup in the inside. The drain hose leaked under the cabinet, and we were able to use drain hose tape to get by. Well finally, the water poured into our finished basement during a drain cycle late last night, right before we were all going to bed. We pulled the machine and found several leaks in the drain line. Thinking we could get a universal hose, we went to Home Depot where we originally bought it and discovered that we need to get the first part of the drain hose from LG and that could take weeks. That was it. We bought a Frigidaire Galaxy series for half the price and it arrives next week. We hope this will do what it’s supposed to do-wash dishes.

Original review: March 10, 2018

LG makes great TVs, Lousy dishwashers. We installed all new LG appliances when we remodeled our kitchen. The dishwasher works great provided you wash everything before loading and make sure it's on the three hour power scrub cycle. Do not buy this dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I will never buy a LG product again. The dishwasher is mediocre at best. We bought all new appliances of LG. They all suck. They are made cheap and things break easily. We had a real bad experience with the customer service dep. If you want good customer service? Buy American whenever possible. Again! LG sucks.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This LG dishwasher is very underpowered and cannot clean the dishes. I think they used a low pressure water pump to quiet the machine. Also, you cannot open the machine without resetting the cycle.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

You HAVE to clean the dishes before running the dishwasher or they will not get clean. We bought repair or replace insurance: all that is good for is having parts replaced because they will not replace your entire unit... They spent one yr. putting new parts in this new dishwasher. The "man" sent makes me wonder if LG even knew this was going on! They were not much help.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Does a good job of washing the dishes, but the dish rack is of poor configuration. The dishes tend to end up at a 30+ degree angles to the vertical and this limits the capacity of the machine. But it looks good and performs well so no serious complaints.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Quiet, efficient, makes dishes look new! Don't understand all the capabilities & features yet, no instructions provided. But WHY does every cycle take almost 2 hours?!? Every model, every brand - just too long. That's crazy!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Dishwasher is the right size and it meets my needs/my requirements. It cleans the dishes well. However, scraps of food from dishes is left in drain in bottom of dishwasher. This causes a bad odors, if not cleaned.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Kind of slow in such a way that one have to wait (time-consuming) on. The price is a bit high reflecting on the disappointment on time. The machine is not that bad but they should check on time issues.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Great looking dishwasher, but dish racks are shaky and easily fall off tracks. Very quiet operation and dishes get clean and dry. Easy to clean. Very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The LG Dishwasher is very quiet and dependable and does a great job of cleaning our dishes and pans. We have had other dishwashers, but they were loud and they did not clean our dishes very well.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My biggest problem with this dishwasher is the racks are poorly designed. Whoever designed these racks couldn't possibly ever loaded a dishwasher. Glasses fall over unless the glass rack is full. Consequently, if you don't run the dishwasher every day, as you pull the rack out, any glasses previously placed on the rack, fall over causing broken glasses. The lower rack where one would usually place small plates or bowls is designed in such a way that the posts are staggered so the plates & bowls won't line up. If I ever buy another new dishwasher, I'm taking dishes with me so I know they can be properly & efficiently placed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

After reading so many one star reviews, I'm now concerned this dishwasher may break at any moment. I've had no issues and have used it almost daily for about one and one-half years. I guess I'm fortunate because this was given to me by a family member who was moving into a new home and remodeling the kitchen with all new appliances (installed it myself). LG inverter direct drive. I've always used Finish cubes.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Where to start... Loading this is awkward. Nothing fits easily without having to adjust the racks. The silverware holder is flimsy and falls apart every time you pull it out. I had to zip ties ours together. It takes more than 2 hours to run a Normal wash. And unless you washed everything before loading, the chances of the load being 100 percent clean is slim to none. You have a better chance of George Clooney and Brad Pitt washing and drying your dishes by hand than you do of getting a clean load out of this machine! You have to use liquid soap. Pods won't dissolve in this machine. There's a filter. A pain-in-the-butt filter, with a Rubber washer that is to be emptied and cleaned every few days. Plus the spray arms clog.

Often... THIS MACHINE REQUIRES MORE MAINTENANCE THAN A BEVERLY HILLS HOUSEWIFE!!! And like a RHOBH, it does NOT work! This is a perfect machine for a Newlywed couple who is despised by a frenemy or scorned mother in law. This machine will drive a newlywed insane. Night after night of unclean dishes. This is the kind of machine that will give a new wife an eating disorder... If you buy this machine, your spouse will not only question your thought process about this purchase, but he will question you. And why he ever dumped Susan for you. He will question all of his life choices with you after a few weeks with this purchase. This machine is that bad. I'm serious. I would not buy this machine for Eva Braun as a wedding present. I wouldn't wish it on her. Don't. Just don't.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We were very excited to purchase all LG black stainless appliances for our new kitchen which was completed at the end of Sept 2017. By the end of October, we realized the dishwasher (LDF7774BD) is just the WORST. Since this is newer technology than what we had, it was my hope that we just needed to learn how to use it. It is now end of the year and still very dissatisfied. Dishes do not come clean, nor do they dry. Wash time is the longest I have ever seen - over 2 hours for a 'normal' wash cycle. All racks are bad design. The bottom rack comes off the track every time we use it. The adjustable racks fall down no matter how you adjust them. The top rack is supposed to be height adjustable but the only adjustment we can find is to remove the racks so that we can wash our 6.5 inch tall glasses in the glass rack. Will be contacting the retailer and LG soon to find a solution.

We were very excited to purchase all LG black stainless appliances for our new kitchen which was completed at the end of Sept 2017. By the end of October, we realized the dishwasher is just the WORST. Since this is newer technology than what we had, it was my hope that we just needed to learn how to use it. It is now end of the year and still very dissatisfied. Dishes do not come clean, nor do they dry. Wash time is the longest I have ever seen - over 2 hours for a 'normal' wash cycle. All racks are bad design. The bottom rack comes off the track every time we use it. The adjustable racks fall down no matter how you adjust them.The top rack is supposed to be height adjustable but the only adjustment we can find is to remove the racks so that we can wash our 6.5 inch tall glasses in the glass rack. Will be contacting the Retailer and LG soon to find a solution.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I bought an LG dishwasher two years back, it was working quite satisfactorily till now but suddenly the performance has gone down to the extent that we have been forced to go back to hand washing the dishes and the sad part is that the technician is unable to resolve the problem. Very disappointing experience indeed so far.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

This is the most useless dishwasher I have ever owned (LDF5545ST). My 20-year-old GE works better than this thing. The energy efficient drying is absolutely useless. I have followed every instruction in the owner's manual, ensured that my water is hot enough, and everything else that LG recommends. I always have to dry at least half the dishes by hand. It’s actually faster to wash dishes by hand. I would never, ever, ever, buy another LG dishwasher. Do yourself a favor, buy something else.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Purchased the complete LG black stainless kitchen set up for our newly constructed home. Appliances were purchased at Sears and delivered by them to our new home. Microwave was badly damaged off the truck so it was reordered (Sears' fault). Dishwasher, Refrigerator, and Double oven were not damaged as we examined the boxes for exterior crushing or creases. The dishwasher leaked like a sieve the first time we used it!! My husband checked to make sure all hoses were attached properly and all fittings were tight. We could not use the dishwasher at all as it leaked so badly it was ruining our new flooring and leaking into our basement.

I took a video as we pulled out the unit and ran it and it was obvious that the leak was coming from the back of the unit. LG repair came over and determined that it was damaged at delivery! I still had the box. No damage to the unit during delivery. LG refused after months and months and pic after pic sent to their US offices and their South Korean offices. This unit was dropped and creased across the back during manufacturing and they kept telling me that it was Sears' fault. I could not, in good conscience, blame Sears as I had personally examined the box when it arrived at our home.

After 10 mos. of arguing with LG, I went to the local Sears store where we had purchased not just the 4 LG appliances, but a "beer fridge", for the basement and a freezer for the basement as well totaling more than $11,000 in one purchase. We had also purchased appliances from them in the past. The new store manager, upon hearing my story from the saleswoman from whom we purchased our appliance, made it right. I told him that I never relented on the story that it was not Sears' fault but a manufacturer's defect. He appreciated my honesty with LG and replaced the dishwasher.

Moving on now to the microwave. After finally receiving the new microwave 3 months after the other appliances were delivered. It was only 5 mos. before the digital display started acting wacky. Then the microwave worked intermittently. Again, I called LG. They assured me that they do not have manufacturing defects as their quality control is above reproach. I said, "Great sent me a repairman as it is under warranty." Scott, from LG, ordered a new door which contained all the inner workings of the unit but it was the wrong color. He reordered, came by and replaced it only to find it didn't work either as a week later it was acting like the door he just replaced. Finally Scott was able to get the right door and it works. That process took 2 months.

Just before Thanksgiving, 2017, we noticed just under the handle of our new refrigerator, the paint was peeling off of the black stainless finish. It is not an area of the door that we touch regularly or even at all except to wipe down. After the holiday, I sucked it up and called LG once again. LG in South Korea told us the warranty was up on the refrigerator and there was nothing they could do. I told her to take a look at the history on our previous appliance issues and that it may be time for us to possibly file suit with the company as now it's 3 out of 4 of their garbage products that have caused us no end of grief and that Sears has documentation and I have pictures and other paperwork accumulated over the year from hell since we made the purchase of their products. She put me on hold!

Scott came into our lives once again and ordered a new door and installed as we decorated our Christmas tree! I thanked him and told him that our oven would probably go afoul soon and we may see him again. He answered questions I had about the knobs on the front of our LG stove that when bumped, turn on without you knowing and have emitted gas. My worry is that I will bump a knob and be on my way out rather than the 3 times it happened while we were home and smelled the gas fumes. Scott said there was some kind of kit we could get to prevent the problem. Why didn't LG tell us that at some point. I will order it as soon as I finish this post to assure the safety of our home and family.

Please do not purchase appliances from LG! They are dishonest in their dealings and lied to us over and over and I have it documented. Some of their local repair affiliates are hand in hand with them and lie for them without doing their work. They walk in and determine it was someone else's fault and tell you to go after them. Sears in North Olmsted, OH made the situation with the dishwasher they sold us right. I cannot thank them enough. Sears has a contract with LG and other manufacturers that says that Sears repair may not touch LG products that are under warranty. They are not allowed to look at your appliance if it is under LG's warranty or the warranty becomes null and void. The consumer is at the mercy of the manufacturer as we were and the manufacturer, LG, is dishonest in their dealings.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I just purchased a new LG dishwasher. It stopped working within 30 days of operation. When trying to arrange for warranty repair, the techs are not showing up to fix it. The claim is that parts are on order, and when I call for a status update, customer service puts me on hold until the line auto disconnects. Avoid purchase of this brand.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I just purchased a LG dishwasher LDP6797BB from Home Depot on 10/9/17, it was delivered on 10/17. We installed it ourselves (no issues there). Once we had the dishwasher all installed and confirmed no leaks, I went to run the dishwasher through a full cycle (as recommended). I powered on the machine only to get this code "L2", I pulled the book out to find out this code means, luckily (according to the book) this is not an "error" it is a "Rinse Agent" code... However, the book does not tell you how to clear this code. So I called LG customer service, I was told I had to reset the machine at the circuit breaker. OK so I do that, machine is reset, machine works (thank God).

When the cycle completes, I load the dishwasher with dishes and power on the machine... L2 AGAIN, reset AGAIN, did not work, reset breaker again. I have done this 1 MILLION TIMES in a week (and yes there is rinse agent in the machine). I have called LG, they are no help. They have no "techs" on staff that you can speak to, I know this is an easy fix, but they insist on sending a tech to my home. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY LG AGAIN... Fingers crossed that they can fix this once and for all.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Not only did it break, of a faulty mechanism. This company's customer service is the worst! They are outright liars! Still waiting for the part that should be covered by the warranty. After numerous phone calls and begging it's been 4 months, still waiting for the part to arrive.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

• Best for: Businesses, homeowners and families

1958
Korea Sout
www.lg.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business