3.83/5
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 15, 2018

756 Kenmore Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher about five years ago. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher. Parts fail and they leak. Our kitchen floor (new) was ruined. My husband fixed the first leak. This was a small part that cost $5 online. Of course the warranty had just run out??? Two years later and something else is leaking. I guess he is going to have to try and fix it again. Cheap crap, manufactured without adequate quality control (yes I work in shipping/logistics so am aware of the shortcuts). You pay enough for these things but they do not last. My advice is to stay away. There is a reason that Sears is failing and disappearing. Maybe this is why.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite 14742N513 dishwasher a month ago. Our 22 yr old Kenmore started leaking so we replaced. 3 weeks now from purchase and 3 service visits later plus a part replacement, still no decent wash - soap remained at the bottom of the tub, residue on dishes and it did not even dry the load! What a waste of time! Luckily, we purchased a service warranty from Sears and we'll be able to ask for a replacement... see how that goes.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst customer service experience in my 66 years on this earth. Bought a new Kenmore washer which arrived damaged. Was told we had to report damage in 3 days and they would not do anything. Turned on the machine and it sounded like metal on metal grinding. Called Sears again and they sent out the repairman who says the bottom of the machine is crushed and missing a suspension rod and not worth repairing. Just trying to get service from Sears has been such a nightmare. I cannot imagine trying to get a replacement washing machine. What a goat rope this has been. I expect we will be buying a new washing machine and I guarantee you it will not be a Kenmore!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

My mother has always owned Kenmore appliances and has very good luck with them. That is why I buy Kenmore and I have always been satisfied with their appliances including the dishwasher. It was a large capacity and lots of room for all my dishes and even my largest pots and pans. No need to prewash dishes and everything including pots and pans came out clean. Very easy to load and I liked where the silverware rack was located.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Kenmore is recommended to me by someone that bought the brand and was very satisfied by it and I decided to try the brand. The capacity of the dishwasher is of a good quantity and very practical for many plates and cups. It is very convenient and the thoroughness of the washing. It is much better than other brands. But it does not rinse out correctly when the dishwasher is too full and the spacing between the units is cramped up. The stains remain on the glasses and it does cause an inconvenience at times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: March 3, 2018

My Kenmore dishwasher is a high-quality product built-in feature water temperature setting, various water settings, and various wash cycles for the amount or type of dishes loaded in. It has a powerful sprayer inside to get out the toughest stained dishes and gets my glasses sparkling clean and spotless. I had other dishwasher before but my Kenmore outlasted each one. Other brand seals wore out and leaked, or got clogged up or didn't clean my dishes as well.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Our Kenmore dishwasher has a fairly large capacity, sufficient for my small family. The dishwasher performs quietly and gets our eating utensils dried spotlessly. The only problem I have is that the controls are not easy to get at. In my case, the kitchen countertop overhangs the dishwasher controls. Other than that, this purchase has to be one of my best investments. We went to Sears to price appliance and wound up with a package deal (ie: refrigerator, gas stove, and the dishwasher). They are all Kenmores.

Original review: March 3, 2018

On my Kenmore dishwasher, it has a drying cycle that I like that best, it also has a stick on food cycle that I really like to use from time to time. I have seen reviews on this brand that was remarkable and I have friends and family members that have this type of Kenmore dishwasher and they really love it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher does everything that I need a dishwasher to do which is to clean my dishes so I do not have to do them by hand. As a retired disabled American veteran with injuries from Vietnam the simple settings for washing dishes makes it easy for me to use. The settings are easy to understand and apply. It has been very dependable too. I have only had a repairman from Sears come to my condo only once and that was to replace the circuit board that had been fried from an electrical surge.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My ex-husband purchased it while I was out of town, to surprise me. When it was purchased, circa 1998, it has a stainless interior, China setting, rinse only cycle, levers that came down for stemware, adjustable top rack, sanitizing cycle, and very quiet. I loved that dishwasher. It was great. The installation could have been better though. My ex didn't know what he was doing and cut a hole in one of the hoses and it took 2 weeks to get it replaced. Overall, for appliances, we always went to Kenmore first. The reliability and warranty were unbeatable. We owned several Kenmore appliances without disappointment.

Original review: March 2, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher worked for many years and never needed servicing. It was functional and reliable. The original purchase price from Sears was competitive and that is what convinced me to buy it. The dishwasher was connected to a water supply at the sink. It was built in so I didn't have to use floor space in the kitchen to store it. It was fully automatic and was easy to operate. However, it took up a lot of (under) counter space which I could have used for storing pots and pans or other cooking utensils. It was not particularly energy efficient as well. While it did a reasonable job, it still left spots (watermarks). It also did not have a short cycle option to just rinse.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It is a solid dishwasher that can be used a lot and doesn't break down. It has high capacity and looks like it would last a long time. It cleans really well and is not too loud.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Went out shopping over 20 years ago to Sears with limited money for dishwasher. Sales told me this was truly the best. Took him at his word and in all these years I have never had to pay for any repairs and still is efficient. It is very quiet, you can choose heat of water, and stop drying process and let air dry, has a special cycle to clean dishwasher. The dishes come out spotless without any extra rinses. The outside is still beautiful shiny black too. I love it. I would bet I have a miracle dishwasher, I don't know if it is as energy efficient as today's new one but I would never get rid of it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It had a cycle that was extra powerful and extra hot for baking dishes to make sure they were fully cleaned. It was a little pricier than I initially wanted to have but I liked it. The look was black stainless steel and it had a lot of the features that I liked and wanted because the previous dishwasher I had was horrible and wouldn't clean anything. The Kenmore dishwasher was inexpensive and I cook a lot in the oven and get tired of having to soak the dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher. The only main issue I want changed is that it has water spots at times after they are dried. I have to take them out after they are washed and dry them off or they will spot.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It came with the apartment that I rented and it matches the rest of the appliances. It is a basic dishwasher though and not like the fancier brands and models. This dishwasher has certain limitations, it doesn't do too much and sometimes it floods. It's good for washing dishes but I wish it would fit more dishes and wasn't so loud. However, I like that it has hot and cold and it has a rinse cycle feature.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

A couple of things I really liked about the Kenmore dishwasher I owned was it was very quiet while running. But the most important thing is that it was easy to clean the debris trap inside. However, one of the things I noticed is it would often not totally clean the dishes as it DID when I first got it. I would sometimes not always have to run the washer twice. I purchased because it came highly recommended by a friend who is very knowledgeable about major appliances. Still, it's a great machine. And yes, Kenmore has met my expectations and I am satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher is built 2015. We got a digital control panel and has automatic wash and drying cycles. It is also stainless steel and very modern looking. However, I don't like that the Kenmore dishwasher does not have the option just to steam dry or just dry heat the plates. It has to run a complete cycle until you use this feature. Nevertheless, Kenmore Elite is always the brand I try to buy with all my kitchen and home appliances. They are the brand that I trust and has good ratings and customer services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

The Kenmore is a great dishwasher. I like the space inside and the way it cleans. My dishes always come out clean and I can fit a lot in it. However, it's a bit awkward in the way all the dishes sit in the bottom. It is easy to bump into and start. I would make it so it is not so easy to bump into and turn on. But other than that, the Kenmore Dishwasher was a good price for a top rated company. We have had Kenmore before and we're really happy with how it held up and how long it lasted, with very minimal repairs.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

A Kenmore is a good name brand and product and I feel every house should have a Kenmore dishwasher. You will love it from the First day you use it... It's just like getting a brand new toy. It work well from the first day I brought it until now. I love my new Kenmore and I had it for one year now. It's a good machine and it meets all yours needs and all of its expectations. It get your dishes nice and clean. It dry your dishes very well and you don't have to worry about wet dishes. Just use the right amount of dish detergent, and always use Jet-Dry dish detergent to keep your dishes nice, clean and dry.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The features I like most about my Kenmore dishwasher is the large capacity, the power scrub option, and the quietness of the machine. It has been a very good piece of kitchen equipment for me. It was already built-in to the kitchen of the home I purchased. I am happy with it, but I would like to have the cycle time be less (i.e., make the dishwasher more energy efficient). The longer the dishwasher takes to complete a full cycle, the more energy is being used and I like efficiency!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We looked at different stores and different brands, but Sears had the Kenmore dishwasher on sale. I liked that it had a cutting board top, but I had to rub oil on it a lot to keep it looking good. I liked that it was movable and I could load it in the dining room and move it to the kitchen to run. I also liked that it opened from the top, it held a lot of dishes, not very noisy when running, and was easy to load dishes into it. I also had other Kenmore brand appliances and knew that they were a good dependable brand. But I disliked that when you hooked it to the faucet that you could not use the sink while it ran. It also would have been good to have the hose longer, and have the hook up to the faucet have it so you could still use the faucet. I also had to have the dishwasher tight up to the counter and I would have liked to have a longer electrical cord that plugged into the wall.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Kenmore had the best overall finish after being compared to Whirlpool and Frigidaire units. The different cycles were one of my favorite features. In addition, the "spray arm" seemed to really do a great job on the tough food residues sometimes found on my dirty dishes. But they should redesign the door seal so that no water is left as a residue after the load is done.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

The Kenmore Dishwasher was highly feasible, worked really well, cleaned really good and left very little soap suds or spots on the dishes. It was also strong, could count on it to clean good the first time most occasions. However, the motor played out on it and it generally never seemed like it was gonna lasts, cleaned powerfully and well until the motor burned out and was expensive. I buy most all of my brands from Kenmore, had sufficient space and generally worked well over than the motor not lasting that long as other dishwashers, but definitely gave the dishes a powerful clean.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I love my dishwasher. It's the greatest thing since slice bread. With all its bells and whistles how can there be anything nicer than that. In the future I would definitely buy another Kenmore product like the one I have now. Just fantastic!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We chose it as a suite of appliances from Sears and I liked that it matched the entire set of Kenmore appliances that we purchased from Sears. It was pretty quiet when we ran it, and it was energy efficient. We never had to buy a special high end dish detergent. But I did not like that the dishwasher did not like the hard water that ran through the water lines and it would literally stop working every other month until we ran at least one load empty with just a half gallon of cleaning vinegar through it. Also, it broke after 11 months. The valve broke off one morning mid-cycle and hot water flooded our kitchen and dining room. Kenmore did honor the warranty though and worked through our homeowners insurance.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Kenmore is a brand that I know and trust from my youth into my adult age. With that and my understanding and research of other brands, I decided to move forward with the brand I trusted most. All of the features of the dishwasher appeal to me as I had a "dumb" basic dishwasher previously that could barely operate, so just the basic fact that this operated was a huge improvement over my previous dishwasher. It is cheap and simple but it could improve to work more towards automation and clean "smart" washing of dishes to allow for varying loads which use the most efficient water based on load. And on smart cleaning, if it could sense and focus on items which it may see as the most dirty for more cleaning than the other dishes.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I like that it washed and cleans and dries our dishes greatly and efficiently. It is good, amazing, awesome, cool, fun and exciting to have and to hold for all time to come. This company has met our expectations in every way and in every way I like our dishwasher. It is fantastic.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Good everyday basic dishwasher. The short wash cycle cleans just as well as the long - saves time and energy. It has the push bubbles for controls which is easier to clean than the old-fashioned manual knobs and probably has longer life knobs. On the other hand, heated dry takes a long time. It is noisier than other models because it does not have good thick insulation surrounding the tub or any sound dampening in the motor area on surrounding the tub. It's a Whirlpool in disguise at a better price. It does a good job. Kenmore (Sears private label brand) does not do their own manufacturing but farm out to other makers to create the appliances for them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Long ago, I thought that a Kenmore dishwasher was a nice one, but I was real disappointed with the quality of the product and chose another brand when we replaced our dishwasher. But the buttons on the Kenmore dishwasher were easy to read, therefore making it easy to operate. It seemed to do a good job cleaning the dishes and for a low cost dishwasher we were pleased. The main thing that we did not like about this dishwasher was the fact that it did not have the stainless steel insides, like the nicer Bose that we now own. So it stained very easy and was hard to clean.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Kenmore was the dishwasher that came in the home I was renting. I liked all the various settings that could be used with it. The dishes also always came out very clean and tidy. I never had to put them back in again and rewash them which I can't say for other brands of dishwasher I have used. But I disliked how long it took to clean all the dishes. It felt like it took forever to just get that one load of dishes done. Also the drying cycle never fully dried the dishes so I would have to towel dry everything when it was done.

Kenmore Dishwashers Company Information