It's that easy Request Information
2.47/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

768 Kenmore Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Bought a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher a few years ago. Almost every component, from the electronics to the plastic parts on the racks, have failed and needed replacing. The worst instance was when the plastic rollers fell off and melted, resulting in a toxic smell permeating our daughter's brand new silicone baby bottles. We will NEVER purchase a Kenmore product again and hope to save someone else the headache and repair costs (hundreds of dollars before we realized it was a money pit).

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Came home Thanksgiving night to the immediate smell of burning plastic. Opened the dishwasher to see a flame at the bottom, the entire inside and all components melted, as well as all of my dishes cracked and melted! No recalls on this model and Kenmore/Sears hung up on me when I asked for a manager because they want to charge me $90 for a repair technician to come tell me it can't be fixed! Thank God my husband, kids, and I were not sleeping when this happened.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Bought a Kenmore 665 series dishwasher less than 3.5 years ago for $600. For the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been trying to determine why it works intermittently, usually just filling, heating, and draining, while not washing and not even dissolving the soap, and other times working ok... And I’m pretty good at researching and repairing. We were getting error codes in the diagnostics and replaced parts. Now we rarely get error codes but usually it doesn’t wash or dissolve at all even when there are no codes. A repairman costs half of a new machine and the worst part is that it’s not even 4 years old. We gave up and have a Bosch ordered, hoping for better luck. Note that Whirlpool makes Kenmore...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We purchased a top of the line dishwasher 2 years ago (Kenmore Elite). All of our appliances are Kenmore. It was around $700-$800. It quit advancing the washing cycle. It would cost us $600 just for the part to fix it and Kenmore pretty much told us "sorry about your luck". Needless to say, we will purchase future appliances from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Model: 665.12763K312. I ran the 3+ year-old Kenmore Elite dishwasher on 4 hour delay cycle but it didn't shut off during the night. The next morning, it was still cycling with water running through it. The counter tops above the dishwasher were too hot to touch. I immediately cancelled the cycle. After a few minutes, we opened the door and the blast of heat/steam set off the heat detector/smoke alarm in the kitchen. Inside the plastic cups were misshapen due to excessive heat, a drinking glass was cracked from the heat, and my the finish on my plates was crazed/etched/rough. Many online reports say there was a fire hazard for other models, but the recalls have already ended. Kenmore offered to send a repair person out, but I declined. It's too much of a fire risk to ever use this one again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher 1 year ago. We spoke to the salesman about family needs and washing dishes multiple times a day. He sold us on this make and model 665.1354. Since the purchase the washer has proven to disappoint, top rack dishes are never clean and leaves dried on debris in glasses after being rinsed that has to be soaked off. Silverware also are always dirty still.

On top of all of that the top rack will no longer stay attached to the wheels on the sliding track, all four attachments are now broke making it impossible to use the top rack. When I called customer service and the parts department both departments gave me the runaround and will not replace the part stating it is out of warranty. I am extremely disappointed. After one year to have a machine that is falling apart after the money spent! Sears customer service is terrible! They also use the fact that we did not buy the extended service plan against the consumer. The truth is no 1 year dishwasher should have these issues very poor quality!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We are a household of 2 adults, no children. We are probably easier on this appliance (Kenmore Elite Dishwasher) than most busy families, and yet the upper rack rollers break at least once a year. We’ve had it for 5 years and I’ve spent > $125 on replacement parts. The rack rollers are brittle plastic and break easily. When they break, the dishwasher is useless as the tach will no longer align with the ports in the back of the unit. The manufacturer needs to offer a recall or permanent fix with quality materials. The dishwasher is quiet, and cleans well, but is poorly designed as far as the plastic parts are concerned. I've had cheaper dishwashers last longer without this maintenance problem. This will be my last Kenmore... EVER!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I just purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 14012, and the posts that hold up the dinner plates, on the bottom rack, have been reduced in height an inch or so, and now the dinner plates flop over and do not stand up straight. I had a GE dishwasher before this changeover, and the same dinner plates were erect; it appears that Kenmore has decided to "scrimp" on these posts, and this way they can get an extra bottom rack every 20 or 30 racks that are made. All for profit!!! Customer service was NO HELP at all.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore dishwasher (Model 66513409N411) 3 years ago and the motor is shot. Was told it would cost $550 to replace! Service technician said that with the high efficiency washers the motors don't last as long. That is crazy! Will never purchase a Kenmore brand again.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This is the second Kenmore product I have bought that has not even lasted 5 years. This dishwasher stopped heating up for washing and drying. The repairman said it would cost $380 to repair as the control board needs to be replaced. I saw there is a recall related to the control board on Kenmore dishwashers but my model is not on the list. I will never by Kenmore products again. Model number 665.13262K113.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Our Kenmore Elite Dishwasher purchased from Sears is less than 3 years old. Since the very beginning the door was very hard to open putting significant pressure on the flimsy plastic panel above the latch. It started to crack a year ago so we were very careful. However this week the plastic panel and latch just crumbled in our hands. Use of the machine is fairly low since there are only two people in the household. Seems unreasonable to pay for repair given such poor design.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Paid big bucks for the Kenmore Elite dishwasher (Model 665.1279) and it has leaked and bulked my hardwood floors. After supposedly repairing my dishwasher it has leaked again and another part ordered. Not only have I been weeks without a dishwasher it is still not repaired and waiting for another part. This dishwasher should have been recalled due to a problem with the motor and other faulty parts. I will never depend on Kenmore for my appliances. Kenmore has failed its customers. Supposedly I was supposed to have a call from damage claim but have not heard. One problem is that Sears has only people that can't understand English and lack communications problems, therefore this presents a problem in getting results. Will never buy another Kenmore product.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher about five years ago. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher. Parts fail and they leak. Our kitchen floor (new) was ruined. My husband fixed the first leak. This was a small part that cost $5 online. Of course the warranty had just run out??? Two years later and something else is leaking. I guess he is going to have to try and fix it again. Cheap crap, manufactured without adequate quality control (yes I work in shipping/logistics so am aware of the shortcuts). You pay enough for these things but they do not last. My advice is to stay away. There is a reason that Sears is failing and disappearing. Maybe this is why.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite 14742N513 dishwasher a month ago. Our 22 yr old Kenmore started leaking so we replaced. 3 weeks now from purchase and 3 service visits later plus a part replacement, still no decent wash - soap remained at the bottom of the tub, residue on dishes and it did not even dry the load! What a waste of time! Luckily, we purchased a service warranty from Sears and we'll be able to ask for a replacement... see how that goes.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst customer service experience in my 66 years on this earth. Bought a new Kenmore washer which arrived damaged. Was told we had to report damage in 3 days and they would not do anything. Turned on the machine and it sounded like metal on metal grinding. Called Sears again and they sent out the repairman who says the bottom of the machine is crushed and missing a suspension rod and not worth repairing. Just trying to get service from Sears has been such a nightmare. I cannot imagine trying to get a replacement washing machine. What a goat rope this has been. I expect we will be buying a new washing machine and I guarantee you it will not be a Kenmore!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

My mother has always owned Kenmore appliances and has very good luck with them. That is why I buy Kenmore and I have always been satisfied with their appliances including the dishwasher. It was a large capacity and lots of room for all my dishes and even my largest pots and pans. No need to prewash dishes and everything including pots and pans came out clean. Very easy to load and I liked where the silverware rack was located.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Kenmore is recommended to me by someone that bought the brand and was very satisfied by it and I decided to try the brand. The capacity of the dishwasher is of a good quantity and very practical for many plates and cups. It is very convenient and the thoroughness of the washing. It is much better than other brands. But it does not rinse out correctly when the dishwasher is too full and the spacing between the units is cramped up. The stains remain on the glasses and it does cause an inconvenience at times.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My Kenmore dishwasher is a high-quality product built-in feature water temperature setting, various water settings, and various wash cycles for the amount or type of dishes loaded in. It has a powerful sprayer inside to get out the toughest stained dishes and gets my glasses sparkling clean and spotless. I had other dishwasher before but my Kenmore outlasted each one. Other brand seals wore out and leaked, or got clogged up or didn't clean my dishes as well.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Our Kenmore dishwasher has a fairly large capacity, sufficient for my small family. The dishwasher performs quietly and gets our eating utensils dried spotlessly. The only problem I have is that the controls are not easy to get at. In my case, the kitchen countertop overhangs the dishwasher controls. Other than that, this purchase has to be one of my best investments. We went to Sears to price appliance and wound up with a package deal (ie: refrigerator, gas stove, and the dishwasher). They are all Kenmores.

Original review: March 3, 2018

On my Kenmore dishwasher, it has a drying cycle that I like that best, it also has a stick on food cycle that I really like to use from time to time. I have seen reviews on this brand that was remarkable and I have friends and family members that have this type of Kenmore dishwasher and they really love it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher does everything that I need a dishwasher to do which is to clean my dishes so I do not have to do them by hand. As a retired disabled American veteran with injuries from Vietnam the simple settings for washing dishes makes it easy for me to use. The settings are easy to understand and apply. It has been very dependable too. I have only had a repairman from Sears come to my condo only once and that was to replace the circuit board that had been fried from an electrical surge.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My ex-husband purchased it while I was out of town, to surprise me. When it was purchased, circa 1998, it has a stainless interior, China setting, rinse only cycle, levers that came down for stemware, adjustable top rack, sanitizing cycle, and very quiet. I loved that dishwasher. It was great. The installation could have been better though. My ex didn't know what he was doing and cut a hole in one of the hoses and it took 2 weeks to get it replaced. Overall, for appliances, we always went to Kenmore first. The reliability and warranty were unbeatable. We owned several Kenmore appliances without disappointment.

Original review: March 2, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher worked for many years and never needed servicing. It was functional and reliable. The original purchase price from Sears was competitive and that is what convinced me to buy it. The dishwasher was connected to a water supply at the sink. It was built in so I didn't have to use floor space in the kitchen to store it. It was fully automatic and was easy to operate. However, it took up a lot of (under) counter space which I could have used for storing pots and pans or other cooking utensils. It was not particularly energy efficient as well. While it did a reasonable job, it still left spots (watermarks). It also did not have a short cycle option to just rinse.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It is a solid dishwasher that can be used a lot and doesn't break down. It has high capacity and looks like it would last a long time. It cleans really well and is not too loud.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Went out shopping over 20 years ago to Sears with limited money for dishwasher. Sales told me this was truly the best. Took him at his word and in all these years I have never had to pay for any repairs and still is efficient. It is very quiet, you can choose heat of water, and stop drying process and let air dry, has a special cycle to clean dishwasher. The dishes come out spotless without any extra rinses. The outside is still beautiful shiny black too. I love it. I would bet I have a miracle dishwasher, I don't know if it is as energy efficient as today's new one but I would never get rid of it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It had a cycle that was extra powerful and extra hot for baking dishes to make sure they were fully cleaned. It was a little pricier than I initially wanted to have but I liked it. The look was black stainless steel and it had a lot of the features that I liked and wanted because the previous dishwasher I had was horrible and wouldn't clean anything. The Kenmore dishwasher was inexpensive and I cook a lot in the oven and get tired of having to soak the dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher. The only main issue I want changed is that it has water spots at times after they are dried. I have to take them out after they are washed and dry them off or they will spot.

Original review: March 1, 2018

It came with the apartment that I rented and it matches the rest of the appliances. It is a basic dishwasher though and not like the fancier brands and models. This dishwasher has certain limitations, it doesn't do too much and sometimes it floods. It's good for washing dishes but I wish it would fit more dishes and wasn't so loud. However, I like that it has hot and cold and it has a rinse cycle feature.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

A couple of things I really liked about the Kenmore dishwasher I owned was it was very quiet while running. But the most important thing is that it was easy to clean the debris trap inside. However, one of the things I noticed is it would often not totally clean the dishes as it DID when I first got it. I would sometimes not always have to run the washer twice. I purchased because it came highly recommended by a friend who is very knowledgeable about major appliances. Still, it's a great machine. And yes, Kenmore has met my expectations and I am satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher is built 2015. We got a digital control panel and has automatic wash and drying cycles. It is also stainless steel and very modern looking. However, I don't like that the Kenmore dishwasher does not have the option just to steam dry or just dry heat the plates. It has to run a complete cycle until you use this feature. Nevertheless, Kenmore Elite is always the brand I try to buy with all my kitchen and home appliances. They are the brand that I trust and has good ratings and customer services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

The Kenmore is a great dishwasher. I like the space inside and the way it cleans. My dishes always come out clean and I can fit a lot in it. However, it's a bit awkward in the way all the dishes sit in the bottom. It is easy to bump into and start. I would make it so it is not so easy to bump into and turn on. But other than that, the Kenmore Dishwasher was a good price for a top rated company. We have had Kenmore before and we're really happy with how it held up and how long it lasted, with very minimal repairs.

Kenmore Dishwashers Company Information