Kenmore Dishwashers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Compare Dishwashers

Research top Dishwashers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Washes large loads of dishes clean and very efficiently in very little time... It seems very easy to load and unload and to stack several layers. Cost was extremely reasonable too. The size of my dishwasher is nearly perfect for the size of my kitchen. It meets my needs and cleans enough dishes for at least a week's worth of servings. It's a cool slate gray that gives a modern look to the kitchen and blends in quickly with the rest of the kitchen. It makes very little noise & washes everything completely clean. This dishwasher is really worth its value... It is very modern looking and works within a very efficient wash cycle that lasts less than thirty minutes.

This seems to be a basic model without a lot of the features some other dishwashers have. I have to pre-rinse my dishes or I will end up with food particles all over my clean dishes. As long as I do that it works fine. I like the size of this dishwasher. I can usually fit all of my plates, saucers and bowls on the bottom rack without a problem. The top rack fits lots of glasses and cooking pots. I like the smooth white finish of this dishwasher. It is easy to wipe down and looks clean and simple. I bought it because it matches my Kenmore refrigerator perfectly. This dishwasher was a very good value in comparison to most other dishwasher models with special features and/or finishes. I didn't need all the bells and whistles, so this one was just right.

Adequate, but there are better models out there. I would spend more on a better washer. Doesn't clean as well when fully loaded. It is too small - even for a 1 person household it is not quite big enough. The dishwasher came with the house.

Got dishes clean, saved on water, the door sealed tight so no leaks. I would buy another one if I could. Very happy with product. Would recommend to others who want to purchase a nice, affordable dishwasher. Fit really well with my kitchen set up. The dishwasher is bigger inside than it really looks. Can hold a lot of dishes and silverware. Very easy to clean would recommend to anyone in the market of buying a new dishwasher. Looks good and stylish. The dishwasher would fit in with kooks in just about any kitchen layout. I believe it comes in different colors so whatever the color is this is a good looking dishwasher. This Kenmore dishwasher is well worth the price. Very affordable for anyone to purchase from the lower class to the upper class.

We never expected to wash dirty dishes as we always pre-rinsed them but the dishwasher worked well and was relatively quiet and never broke down. The dishwasher held all our dishes and we never ran it everyday but rather about once a week for two of us. The dishwasher can hold a large load if it is filled properly and does a nice job on the dishes. We never put dishes that had food on them in the dishwasher and never expected it to clean food that was caked on. Our dishwasher was white and looked sleek and fit perfectly with the rest of the white appliances in the kitchen. Clean and smart is how I would describe it. Based upon our experience with the dishwasher, we received good value from it and the way it performed. It was not the most expensive model we could have bought but it was a model that we felt gave us more bang for our buck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Did the job and never had any maintenance performed while living at the address. Consistent with other Kenmore appliances. Very reliable. Standard capacity accommodates the average kitchen utensils. No problems fitting in pots and pans. Top shelf held dishes, bowls and glasses. Plain front standard white. Easy to clean and did not stain. User controls were tilted at an angle towards the user. The drain was easy to clear when needed. Better value than an entry level washer. It did perform at a reasonable volume while also cleaning the dishes. Had no issues with dishes coming out dirty.

In ten years we've never had a issue. We bought our Sears Kenmore dishwasher about 10 years ago and we also purchased and have maintained the extended warranty. We take advantage of the annual maintenance visit from Sears and to this day, we've never had a single complaint or issue with the machine. It still works like new. It's why Sears is the first place we go and Kenmore brand are what I look for whenever I need a new appliance.

For a high-end washer it has broken down twice within its first year of use. Top rack won't stay in when pushed in. Kenmore used to be a quality brand. That is no longer the case. We own three Kenmore products and none has lasted or functioned without problems. Buy another brand.

It cleaned well enough but dishes were never dry coming out and it smelled musty. I think dishwashers use more water than necessary and it is faster to wash by hand. Not large enough to wash everything form a large meal or if having company over. Okay for the day to day dinners prepared at home. Had to be careful with plastic and rubber utensils as if they ended up too close to the bottom they would melt. I did not like the vents on the front of the dishwasher. Would have looked better if the vent would have been placed somewhere more visually pleasing. I was not fond of the white either. Little hands and white equals dirty! Worked well when I did not want to do dishes by hand but after awhile I just did them by hand to save water, electricity and not hassle with pre-rinsing the dishes before they got washed.

This dishwasher was well worth the advertised price. I feel that it fulfills its intended purpose very well. Most, if not, all of my dishes and silverware come out pristine and without any leftover food particles. It is also able to remove the tough grime from dishes without any added detergent. The dishwasher is the perfect size; it is not too big or too small. It easily fits into the space in my counter. If it was any smaller, it would look terrible. The chrome finish works with most kitchen setups. One would be hard pressed to find something that does not match with this dishwasher. The black also works well with most decor choices. The value is proportional to the cost. Although getting this model on sale would be nice, the price is not too bad. Installation is easy with professional help, which also does not cost very much.

Dishwasher is very fast when washing each individual dish. The dishes come out sparkly clean and with little to no residue on them. Button placement on the outside of the machine are clearly marked and show an ease of access when deciding what to do next. Nicely sized with no issues regarding placement. Rectangular shaped and wonderfully angular. Shiny, lots of buttons, medium size, and cleans dishes with no problems. A definitive recommendation for any customer who is looking for a properly sized dishwasher.

This dishwasher is very very sleek, defined, and shiny. The metallic, lustrous finish is just one of the many appearances on this machine. It's shape is neither bulky nor small. It is a moderate rectangular of medium size, perfect for any sized kitchen. The dishwasher is a bit on the pricey side. That does not make it not worth it, but in fact worth more than every penny. The appearance, value, size, etc. all make the machine look rather fancy and worth exactly what it is valued at.

I was amazed at how well it actually cleaned the dishes! No lip gloss marks on cup edges! No prewashing! I'd definitely recommend this dishwasher to anyone! It's a great value for the money spent! The space is great, it literally fits all of the dishes, cups, bowls, pots and pans from my family of 6! Originally looking at it I was skeptical, but it is definitely a great investment! It's a beautiful dishwasher! Very pleasing to the eyes! I was very happy when it was installed during the renovation of our kitchen. I think this is my favorite appliance! A great value for the money spent! I'm happy to have a new dishwasher that was worth the cost! Works amazing! I couldn't ask for a better product!

The performance is excellent because each and every time we use it, it does the job beautifully by cleaning the dishes, glassware, utensils, without any stains or food particles left on them. The size is quite wonderful for our home as it does not take up much space and fits very nicely into our kitchen. It is able to accommodate the family dishes, glassware, utensils, without any problem. It looks quite nice and blends in very well with our entire kitchen decor. It is a very rugged outer appearance that looks very nice and quaint while not being flimsy or inadequate in appearance. The value is fantastic. The price we paid was much less than we anticipated as we checked out other brands. For the service we receive, the inexpensive price goes above and beyond our expectations.

This worked well when we first got it. Stopped working not even a year later. The heating element went up in it!!! Wouldn't recommend this brand. This works well for a small family. Holds a lot of dishes and glasses and pots and pans. Will hold glass Pyrex dishes well and larger pots and pans. Our model was white. The buttons lasted well. The dial was a bit outdated. Hard to keep clean. Easy to wipe down. Would have liked a more modern feature other than the dial. For the price we paid for the item, it should have lasted much longer than not even quite a year. I feel that we way overpaid for this item. Wouldn't purchase this brand ever again.

It was quiet and got everything clean. I loved this dishwasher. Tough on grease and dried food but I would only recommend liquid dishwasher soap as that worked best in this dishwasher. I could fit large 8 quart pots and pans, along with large dishes, glasses, silverware, other utensils and it still got everything very clean. Did not leave any grease or caked on food on the dishes, silver, glasses or pots and pans. I loved the white color as it made the kitchen appear bright, roomy and cheery. I chose this over a black model because I wanted the kitchen to look bright and happy even though having white showed the dust more which was no problem to me. The value was good considering dishwashers can be quite expensive. If I had to buy all over again, I would choose a Kenmore because they seem to work well and the prices are not out of reach and can fit any budget.

Not powerful at cleaning. It would generally leave food residue on plates and glass ware. Only lasted two years before it needed to be replaced. The dishwasher size was pretty good. It had enough rack space and the silverware area was respectable to hold all the necessary items. I think little bit more of an adjustment would've been an order so that you could get longer or should say taller items in the dishwasher. The parents of the dishwasher fit nicely into my kitchen, match the rest of my appliances and I thought that it function appropriately with the Decor. I thought the price was a little high for the quality. After I was using it for a while I figured that the price I was paying for it and from what I was told by the salesman that would be a good dishwasher but unfortunately it turned out not to be that way for the price.

I rarely use, but it does a good job of cleaning when I do. The drying element isn't great but I air dry the dishes with no issues. For the price, I don't imagine I could find one that cleans better! It's a standard size and for the spot where the previous dishwasher had been. It isn't a stand alone washer. The dishwasher I have is white. It looks clean and it looks good with the rest of my kitchen. It was delivered wrapped in plastic so it has no scuffs or marks on it. And so far, I have managed to keep it scuff and scent free also. When I started shopping, this was one of the cheapest on the market so I was skeptical. However, I knew the brand name was good. I looked online at ratings and they were good. That's why I bought it. So far, I have found it to be a value for the price!

It's a great dishwasher. Overall I'm very satisfied with it and I would highly recommend it to anyone that may need to buy one. My dishwasher came pre-installed when I moved into my house so I didn't have the choice of picking one out. But I was still happy overall with the choice the owner went with. My dishwasher seems small to me for my family of 5 people. I wish it was honestly bigger it doesn't seem to hold much. So a lot of times I just wash the dishes by hand if there is a lot of them. The appearance is nice and the buttons on the outside are very easy to use. I thought it would be difficult figuring it out as this is only the 2nd dishwasher I've ever owned before. I think the value of the dishwasher is well worth the money I guess considering I didn't buy it myself. But I have priced them online and they seem reasonably priced.

It's a durable dishwasher and cleans dishes very good. No oils and dirts and cleans germs. It looks very nice in the outside and is proven that it's a good quality product. The size of the dishwasher is just perfect, not too big and not too small. All the dishes fits good and have some places for the little utensils and other stuffs you need to put in it. The dishwasher's appearance is very unique and really nice to look at. I can say it is very eye catching and looks really sturdy. It is indeed a good quality product. The dishwasher's value is perfect for anyone. It is very affordable and with the great value, it gives you work that not all dishwashers can do. I will recommend this product as it is proven and tested.

Works great, a lot better than hand washing. Don't need to prewash before washing in dishwasher. I would recommend to anyone who wants a efficient way to do dishes without hand washing. The size is good, I can usually fit a full sink load plus pans and silverware all in one load, and they come clean! I would recommend to anyone, with a big family to feed and lots of dishes. I like the appearance. I like the black, fits in with the flow of the kitchen, goes with most any kitchens styles and colors. It's just great overall. It's pretty much worth what you pay for it. Not having to wash a bunch of dishes all the time makes it well worth the price, and can be affordable.

It doesn't always clean well. It has no heating element. There is a odor that I can't get out no matter what I try. This dishwasher has not been good from the beginning. It does not get the dishes dry. At times it doesn't get them clean. I did not know it didn't have a heating element. I will be sure my next dishwasher has a heating element. It cannot be opened to stick in another dish. A feature my next one will have.

The dishwasher requires a lot of prewashing in order to really clean the dishes. I am disappointed in its performance. I would not buy another or recommend this dishwasher to anyone else. The size is practical and it fits well in the space provided. The ability for it to hold a number of dishes in an easy to organize way is a plus of this machine. The dishwasher is attractive on the inside and outside. It is easy to clean and it maintains its exterior good looks. The inside requires frequent cleaning, as it gets moldy. This was an inexpensive machine but I still expected it to work better. Since it does not thoroughly cleans the dishes it is not a great value.

It gets my dishes squeaky clean. Loading is simple. I can get a whole day’s worth of dishes in it. And for a family of 8 that's saying a lot. I trust the Kenmore brand. It has a tall tub which is great for tea glasses. Cookie sheets, platters and mixing bowls no problem. Tall mugs and coffee cups fit easily. I would recommend this dishwasher for a large family or small. It's awesome. I have the black dishwasher and I really like it. It doesn't show every kids handprint or lack. It fits nicely in my kitchen and goes with any decor. I think it's a great value for the money. It does a great job and saves me work which is always a good thing. I would highly recommend this dishwasher.

Cleans the dishes as good as the high dollar washer without the price. I bought Home Cheapo dishwasher that lasted about a week after its warranty. I have always bought Kenmore before and will buy another if needed. This one is only 4 years old now.

This dishwasher is really great. It cleans very well, even if I don't prewash, it's so quiet that I barely know it's on. It's also fast and economical. Was worth the price and then some. This dishwasher is the perfect size for a family. I can get all the dishes plus the pots and pans. It has two shelves and I can get a dozen glasses and bowls if I need to. It's very pretty if that's a consideration. I love the color and how the buttons don't stand out. It makes it very easy to clean. We give it a quick wipe down after dinner and it looks great. The price was very reasonable. I did quite a bit of comparison shopping before I finally decided on this model and I am very happy with my choice.

G rest appearance, clean dishes. Ended up with top of the line Kenmore due to fact that what I ordered was next to top & I paid for it. Then Sears discovered that it was unavailable, manager upgraded. Appearance is eye pleasing. It is very easy to operate. The dishes & glasses come out sparkling every time. I am very happy with my dishwasher and with Sears management.

Works with no problems and I've never had a problem. Glad it came with the house. I never thought doing dishes would be so easy. I'm not sure how long it will work but think for years and then I'll get another one. Can hold my household's dishes in for the day, I wait until night to use it. Five people live here, two adults and 3 kids so we use a lot of dishes throughout the day. Looks good. It don't try to stand out and just fits in. The price was't much and I'd say it has a good value. I'd pay about 45% more if I knew how much I'd like it before I got it to be added to kitchen.

Performance has not been good consistently. Appliances are not made with quality the way they used to be. Lucky if you get a couple of years out of them. They are throw-away appliances. And the service is not there as well. It is always a decision as to whether to spend the service repair fee or just throw it away and get a new one. If I were the manufacturer, I would be ashamed of the quality. My friend is on her fourth KitchenAid because the first three did not work, and this one has had three repair calls so far.

I have found this to be a very dependable dishwasher that I can count on to leave my dishes clean. It runs long enough to do a good job but not too long so as to be wasteful. I do worry about efficiency as I have had some dishwashers in the past that run for over an hour, which is too long. It's an average size and good for a couple or small family. It holds 6-8 plates and there is plenty of room for glasses and silverware. It's a standard looking dishwasher, nothing special, but it blends into my kitchen very well and isn't noticeable. It's mainly silver with black trim and would work in most kitchens. It runs efficiently and uses a moderate amount of water so I feel it is a good choice. The price was fair for the performance. I feel it is a good value.

Performance was good. I rarely needed to pre-wash dishes by hand. Just rinse any solids or large amounts of liquids and dishes were always clean, even without using the hi-temp wash. Noise was tolerable, so you did not feel like you had to be in another room while the dishwasher was running. It is a standard sized dishwasher with a fairly normal interior layout common to most dishwashers in this price range. Dishwasher looks very nice in a kitchen of stainless steel appliances. They do show smudges and dirt, so cleaning is important. Window cleaner works wells to avoid streaks, but using stainless steel appliance cleaner gave the metal a deeper look, with easy application and is worth paying a few dollars for. This Kenmore was a good mid-range dishwasher. It is not silent, nor does it have an extremely well thought out interior, but it cleans well, looks good, and gets the job done for a reasonable price.

Kenmore Dishwashers Company Profile