Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Kenmore Dishwashers
3.95/5

Kenmore Dishwashers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

780 Kenmore Dishwashers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

In 2016 I purchased a Kenmore Elite 14793 Dishwasher based on years of experience with Kenmore (I have purchased washer and dryers, and refrigerators from them) and never had a issue. 4 months ago, during a load of dishes started drying, I could suddenly smell smoke and plastic burning. Upon inspecting the dishwasher, I found a wheel had fallen off the lower rack and melted and was burning on the heating element. I cleaned the mess up the best I could and saw that the wheels were held onto the rack with a small plastic piece. I contacted Sears parts department and ordered the replacement wheels (one set of two on a plastic mount). The woman I talked to on the phone told me that she had just had another call for the same thing and had other calls on this as well. No good. They know there is a problem and won't correct it. The cost for the wheel assembly was more than $50 with shipping.

When I went to remove the rack and replace the old wheel assembly, three more wheels fell off. The small plastic bushing that holds the wheels on were all shrunken and cracked. Obviously they were very cheap and not meant to be used in such a hot environment. Kenmore advised that since there has been no recall and it's not under warranty that there is nothing they can do but sell me the parts to fix it. Why would I buy $200 in parts that will not last 3 years. This company no longer produces quality dishwashers and will not stand behind obvious defective parts.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Total purchase including removal and installation $893.62, which at age 74 and on social security is a lot of money for a new dishwasher. This product was purchased online in July 2018 from Sears. The included warranty from Kenmore was valid for 1 year. I used the dishwasher once a day. Once a month I not only cleaned the filters but used an Affresh tablet to ensure the tub was cleaned. Up until February of 2019, I did not have any problems or issues. In fact, I was very pleased with this product. When it stopped working we called repair service. Well, now it is May 14th and after many parts ordered, at least 3 different technicians (plus online directions), this product is still out of service.

Countless telephone calls during these months have provided me with numerous disconnects, wrong departments, incorrect information, a good number to book a cruise and after providing them with my email address which were sent to someone else. Now finding out my emails were sent to who knows who and I did not respond in a timely manner. My request for replacement has been denied. I have been more than patient during this process. However, today I just completely lost it and said I would accept the loss never to do business with either the bankrupt Sears and Kenmore ever again and would try to get the word out so no one would have to lose their hard earned money the way I have. I hope this review will be read before someone decides to purchase a Kenmore product. I know I will do my best to research my next purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We bought this unit a little over a year ago from Sears. We bought the extended warranty which was only 1/2 - smart of us. We should have bought some other brand of washer. The warranty took care of the electronic brain that failed last fall, but when we complained about dirty dishes, we were told to send them pictures of the food stains. Give me a break!! We practically prewash every dish before it goes in and they come out dingy looking. We've tried every detergent and every grade of detergent ever sold and no luck. Some are worse than others. We bought this to replace a KitchenAid that was 17 years old and leaking. I should have just repaired it.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They make the racks of cheap plastic which continue to break. The bottom rack wheels fall Off constantly. The top rack plastic pieces that the rollers attach to (4 of them) have. All snapped off. I have it attached using twisty ties. It would be so easy for them to make a quality rack but I’m sure they rake in tons of $$ for replacement parts. Make a good product and stop robbing your customers!!! I’m off to Home Depot again for another workaround.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in June of 2018. The dishwasher is now leaking. I called customer service and spoke with two people who could barely speak English. There is a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on the product but I was told that if the technician that came out determined that the problem was not covered under the warranty I would have to pay a $150 service fee! What kind of warranty is that? I will never purchase an appliance from Kenmore or Sears ever again!!! Horrible experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

One day after my warranty was up, my one year old dishwasher died. I contacted Kenmore, and was told, "Tough luck." I spoke with a manager, and was told the same. Their only response was they would be happy to send a serviceman, but I was responsible for payment. This is the last time I ever purchase a Kenmore product again. I have been a loyal customer, but no more.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My kids gave me a brand new dishwasher as a Christmas present bought from Sears. It stopped working after two washes and a technician came to repair it and told me that there was a shortage which wiped the whole electrical system. I contacted Sears and stated that this has to be malfunctioning at the factory and need to replace it not repair it. However, I am still fighting them. It is a horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I bought a Kenmore dishwasher 18 years ago, but rarely being used as I live alone. I used it for some guests not long ago, the programming has been messed. There is instruction about how to reboot the programs in case it is not working. Sears is famous in eager to send you repair person to get your money instead of putting instruction in manual regarding this problem. They do not offer online or on phone tech support like other big item companies do. No wonder so many Sears are out of business now as their customer support is extremely poor. Just do not buy their product in the future!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

This dishwasher was purchased brand new in 2013. By 2016 we had to completely replace the core mechanical guts of this dishwasher. And now in January 2019 it is failing again. When it works it does a great job. But what kind of appliance which cost $1000 has a life expectancy of three years before needing its entire motor assembly to be replaced. And then two years after that it is not working. Kenmore is garbage! No wonder Sears is going under. Apparently Kenmore is made by Whirlpool. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher before reading the plethora of bad reviews.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Our landlord bought a Kenmore dishwasher brand new and it didn't work. The spinning blade on the bottom would not spin. So, after calling customer service

and scheduling a technician, who was more eager to come for refrigerator repair, said he will talk to the landlord and the parts are ordered. Ordered? This young man would not tell me what would be replaced and when the part would come. After ten days during Christmas and New Year we weren't able to use the dishwasher.

The parts wouldn't arrive so we heard from customer service that nothing was ordered for our dishwasher. Excuse me? And customer service put me on hold and disconnected me twice. I certainly can say Sears does not care about customer service. A second person came without cloth or so broke our drain and replaced the motor blade leaving the defect motor behind and a very messy kitchen floor. What can I say. We are NOT using the dishwasher because its cycle is over 3 hours and it does not clean and dry properly. Prewash and manual kitchen towel drying is needed. We went back to old fashioned way with five people in the household. I would never buy from Sears. Worst experience ever. And two years living without dishwasher because landlord just bought it new.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher because it had great reviews from Consumer Reports! After 3 years the bottom power wash blade has stopped working, and the appliance repairman said the motor is shot, and it's leaking. He suggested buying a new dishwasher! I paid $1100 for this machine. No, I did not purchase an extended warranty. In addition around the same time I purchased a Sears side by side refrigerator that we keep in our garage. The temperature gauge had to be replaced as well. What has happened to Sears quality. I will never purchase another Sears appliance again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

DO NOT BUY KENMORE DISHWASHERS. Ours (Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher) quit working after 20 months of use. We did not buy the extended warranty because we thought it should last at least 5 years before anything would break. Wrong. I have called the customer care phone numbers several times. Did not get anyone that speaks fluent English. Very frustrating. And they keep forwarding you to a different area.

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. I found out had we bought the 5 year warranty it would only cover the services call(s) 100%. Had you needed new parts for you appliance you would get $25% off of the part but you the customer would have to pay 75%. Our particular part that is bad costs $156 plus tax and shipping so we still would of ended up paying like $140 dollars to maybe get it up and running again. Sears stores are closing but they still plan to sell Kenmore online so do not make the same mistake we did. Enough said.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Bought a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher a few years ago. Almost every component, from the electronics to the plastic parts on the racks, have failed and needed replacing. The worst instance was when the plastic rollers fell off and melted, resulting in a toxic smell permeating our daughter's brand new silicone baby bottles. We will NEVER purchase a Kenmore product again and hope to save someone else the headache and repair costs (hundreds of dollars before we realized it was a money pit).

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Came home Thanksgiving night to the immediate smell of burning plastic. Opened the dishwasher to see a flame at the bottom, the entire inside and all components melted, as well as all of my dishes cracked and melted! No recalls on this model and Kenmore/Sears hung up on me when I asked for a manager because they want to charge me $90 for a repair technician to come tell me it can't be fixed! Thank God my husband, kids, and I were not sleeping when this happened.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Bought a Kenmore 665 series dishwasher less than 3.5 years ago for $600. For the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been trying to determine why it works intermittently, usually just filling, heating, and draining, while not washing and not even dissolving the soap, and other times working ok... And I’m pretty good at researching and repairing. We were getting error codes in the diagnostics and replaced parts. Now we rarely get error codes but usually it doesn’t wash or dissolve at all even when there are no codes. A repairman costs half of a new machine and the worst part is that it’s not even 4 years old. We gave up and have a Bosch ordered, hoping for better luck. Note that Whirlpool makes Kenmore...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We purchased a top of the line dishwasher 2 years ago (Kenmore Elite). All of our appliances are Kenmore. It was around $700-$800. It quit advancing the washing cycle. It would cost us $600 just for the part to fix it and Kenmore pretty much told us "sorry about your luck". Needless to say, we will purchase future appliances from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Model: 665.12763K312. I ran the 3+ year-old Kenmore Elite dishwasher on 4 hour delay cycle but it didn't shut off during the night. The next morning, it was still cycling with water running through it. The counter tops above the dishwasher were too hot to touch. I immediately cancelled the cycle. After a few minutes, we opened the door and the blast of heat/steam set off the heat detector/smoke alarm in the kitchen. Inside the plastic cups were misshapen due to excessive heat, a drinking glass was cracked from the heat, and my the finish on my plates was crazed/etched/rough. Many online reports say there was a fire hazard for other models, but the recalls have already ended. Kenmore offered to send a repair person out, but I declined. It's too much of a fire risk to ever use this one again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher 1 year ago. We spoke to the salesman about family needs and washing dishes multiple times a day. He sold us on this make and model 665.1354. Since the purchase the washer has proven to disappoint, top rack dishes are never clean and leaves dried on debris in glasses after being rinsed that has to be soaked off. Silverware also are always dirty still.

On top of all of that the top rack will no longer stay attached to the wheels on the sliding track, all four attachments are now broke making it impossible to use the top rack. When I called customer service and the parts department both departments gave me the runaround and will not replace the part stating it is out of warranty. I am extremely disappointed. After one year to have a machine that is falling apart after the money spent! Sears customer service is terrible! They also use the fact that we did not buy the extended service plan against the consumer. The truth is no 1 year dishwasher should have these issues very poor quality!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We are a household of 2 adults, no children. We are probably easier on this appliance (Kenmore Elite Dishwasher) than most busy families, and yet the upper rack rollers break at least once a year. We’ve had it for 5 years and I’ve spent > $125 on replacement parts. The rack rollers are brittle plastic and break easily. When they break, the dishwasher is useless as the tach will no longer align with the ports in the back of the unit. The manufacturer needs to offer a recall or permanent fix with quality materials. The dishwasher is quiet, and cleans well, but is poorly designed as far as the plastic parts are concerned. I've had cheaper dishwashers last longer without this maintenance problem. This will be my last Kenmore... EVER!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I just purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 14012, and the posts that hold up the dinner plates, on the bottom rack, have been reduced in height an inch or so, and now the dinner plates flop over and do not stand up straight. I had a GE dishwasher before this changeover, and the same dinner plates were erect; it appears that Kenmore has decided to "scrimp" on these posts, and this way they can get an extra bottom rack every 20 or 30 racks that are made. All for profit!!! Customer service was NO HELP at all.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore dishwasher (Model 66513409N411) 3 years ago and the motor is shot. Was told it would cost $550 to replace! Service technician said that with the high efficiency washers the motors don't last as long. That is crazy! Will never purchase a Kenmore brand again.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This is the second Kenmore product I have bought that has not even lasted 5 years. This dishwasher stopped heating up for washing and drying. The repairman said it would cost $380 to repair as the control board needs to be replaced. I saw there is a recall related to the control board on Kenmore dishwashers but my model is not on the list. I will never by Kenmore products again. Model number 665.13262K113.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Our Kenmore Elite Dishwasher purchased from Sears is less than 3 years old. Since the very beginning the door was very hard to open putting significant pressure on the flimsy plastic panel above the latch. It started to crack a year ago so we were very careful. However this week the plastic panel and latch just crumbled in our hands. Use of the machine is fairly low since there are only two people in the household. Seems unreasonable to pay for repair given such poor design.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Paid big bucks for the Kenmore Elite dishwasher (Model 665.1279) and it has leaked and bulked my hardwood floors. After supposedly repairing my dishwasher it has leaked again and another part ordered. Not only have I been weeks without a dishwasher it is still not repaired and waiting for another part. This dishwasher should have been recalled due to a problem with the motor and other faulty parts. I will never depend on Kenmore for my appliances. Kenmore has failed its customers. Supposedly I was supposed to have a call from damage claim but have not heard. One problem is that Sears has only people that can't understand English and lack communications problems, therefore this presents a problem in getting results. Will never buy another Kenmore product.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher about five years ago. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher. Parts fail and they leak. Our kitchen floor (new) was ruined. My husband fixed the first leak. This was a small part that cost $5 online. Of course the warranty had just run out??? Two years later and something else is leaking. I guess he is going to have to try and fix it again. Cheap crap, manufactured without adequate quality control (yes I work in shipping/logistics so am aware of the shortcuts). You pay enough for these things but they do not last. My advice is to stay away. There is a reason that Sears is failing and disappearing. Maybe this is why.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite 14742N513 dishwasher a month ago. Our 22 yr old Kenmore started leaking so we replaced. 3 weeks now from purchase and 3 service visits later plus a part replacement, still no decent wash - soap remained at the bottom of the tub, residue on dishes and it did not even dry the load! What a waste of time! Luckily, we purchased a service warranty from Sears and we'll be able to ask for a replacement... see how that goes.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst customer service experience in my 66 years on this earth. Bought a new Kenmore washer which arrived damaged. Was told we had to report damage in 3 days and they would not do anything. Turned on the machine and it sounded like metal on metal grinding. Called Sears again and they sent out the repairman who says the bottom of the machine is crushed and missing a suspension rod and not worth repairing. Just trying to get service from Sears has been such a nightmare. I cannot imagine trying to get a replacement washing machine. What a goat rope this has been. I expect we will be buying a new washing machine and I guarantee you it will not be a Kenmore!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

My mother has always owned Kenmore appliances and has very good luck with them. That is why I buy Kenmore and I have always been satisfied with their appliances including the dishwasher. It was a large capacity and lots of room for all my dishes and even my largest pots and pans. No need to prewash dishes and everything including pots and pans came out clean. Very easy to load and I liked where the silverware rack was located.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Kenmore is recommended to me by someone that bought the brand and was very satisfied by it and I decided to try the brand. The capacity of the dishwasher is of a good quantity and very practical for many plates and cups. It is very convenient and the thoroughness of the washing. It is much better than other brands. But it does not rinse out correctly when the dishwasher is too full and the spacing between the units is cramped up. The stains remain on the glasses and it does cause an inconvenience at times.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My Kenmore dishwasher is a high-quality product built-in feature water temperature setting, various water settings, and various wash cycles for the amount or type of dishes loaded in. It has a powerful sprayer inside to get out the toughest stained dishes and gets my glasses sparkling clean and spotless. I had other dishwasher before but my Kenmore outlasted each one. Other brand seals wore out and leaked, or got clogged up or didn't clean my dishes as well.

Kenmore Dishwashers Company Information