2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Dishwashers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Although we had really high hopes with this dishwasher, we are finding that the 3rd shelf really makes it difficult to do plates that are just a bit over standard size. My suggestion for people thinking about the 3rd level machines (regardless of brand), take a plate with you to the appliance store to make sure it fits easily.

Original review: March 10, 2020

This Maytag dishwasher is beautiful inside and outside. I love that the controls are hidden. It cleans dishes very well. It has a large capacity for dishes, a rack for glasses/mugs, a small rack for cooking utensils, and a container for silverware. It is so quiet you hardly know it is working. I would highly recommend it.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Unit being reviewed is MDB7749SAW. The plastic control panel at the top of the door has the handle pull in the center. When pulling on the door to open, the control panel it separates from the metal door panel. The control panel is plastic and secured with plastic tabs that pulls loose because of metal door flexing.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Maytag never fails to please me. My dishwasher is so quiet I sometimes have to put my ear next to it to make sure it’s actually working. The inside is stainless steel (those are the quietest) and it has a child lock so my 2 yo grandson can push all the buttons he wants and he still can’t mess things up. I love the high temp and sanitize features and everything is always clean and dry when done. It seems like it takes a long time to run through all the cycles, though. That and no adjustable top rack are the only two things I miss with my previous dishwasher.

Original review: March 6, 2020

We had a Whirlpool dishwasher for 24 years, and when it was time to purchase a new one, I did a lot of research before choosing our Maytag. Reviews by other consumers who had purchased dishwashers was very helpful in making our decision, and we have had no problems in the almost 18 months that we have had this dishwasher. It is very quiet. It washes and dries the dishes with no streaks, although I wash off the dishes before loading them. It provides 5 cycles and 4 options and lights blink, when the washing and drying cycles are complete. I would recommend the Maytag, Model #MDB4949SHBO wholeheartedly.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Bought brand new Maytag dishwasher. Worked great for 3 years. Then caught on fire. Couldn't contact maytag for a month because when you call your on hold for 30 minutes. Then when I do contact them they will only want to give 50%off another of their products that I've already had catch on fire. I will never buy another one ever.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Dishwasher has been very dependable. Very reasonably priced and in over six years of service never had an issue with it. It’s a little on the small side for a large family but if you’re for less in your household-- works perfect.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Just like all the other reviews, 14 months after purchase and 2 months out of warranty the control panel on our Maytag Dishwasher stopped functioning. The “10 year warranty” is a joke a covers 3 things. We had model MDB4949SHX, $550 new.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I purchased my Maytag dishwasher thru Costco. I did so because I got a 2 year warranty if I bought thru them. The washer was approximately 6 months old and they replaced the pump. Approximately 3 months later they replaced the heater. Approximately 4 months after that they replaced the entire operating/electronic board located in the door. Approximately 6 weeks before the warranty was up they had to rebuild the middle dish tray. Now that the warranty is expired by 2 months the door is leaking like a sieve. Unlike most families we use our dishwasher at least twice daily. In summation I would not recommend this brand of appliances to anyone. I will not pay to have this one repaired.

Original review: March 20, 2020

It does not completely drain all water out of until. So unless your running the washer every day, you will end up with the most horrible smell coming from standing water. It is very irritating and so fowl smelling.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs

Acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, the Maytag brand is one known for dependability. With more than 100 years of experience in the home appliance space, Maytag is a familiar brand.

• Built-in disposal: Never deal with clogs when using a Maytag dishwasher with a built-in chopper. It cleans its own filter and reduces food to particles small enough for any drainpipe.

• Easy shopping: With only four different models, it won't take long to find the one that best fits your needs.

• Extended warranty: While some manufacturers only cover specific parts for 10 years, Maytag offers a more extensive policy that includes parts for the tub and door liner.

• Most powerful motor: Compared to other leading brands in the category, Maytag offers the most powerful motor.

• Sanitization option: In addition to the regular clean cycle, Maytag dishwashers also include an optional sanitization cycle that kills bacteria.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team