2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Dishwashers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Although we had really high hopes with this dishwasher, we are finding that the 3rd shelf really makes it difficult to do plates that are just a bit over standard size. My suggestion for people thinking about the 3rd level machines (regardless of brand), take a plate with you to the appliance store to make sure it fits easily.

Original review: March 10, 2020

This Maytag dishwasher is beautiful inside and outside. I love that the controls are hidden. It cleans dishes very well. It has a large capacity for dishes, a rack for glasses/mugs, a small rack for cooking utensils, and a container for silverware. It is so quiet you hardly know it is working. I would highly recommend it.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Unit being reviewed is MDB7749SAW. The plastic control panel at the top of the door has the handle pull in the center. When pulling on the door to open, the control panel it separates from the metal door panel. The control panel is plastic and secured with plastic tabs that pulls loose because of metal door flexing.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Maytag never fails to please me. My dishwasher is so quiet I sometimes have to put my ear next to it to make sure it’s actually working. The inside is stainless steel (those are the quietest) and it has a child lock so my 2 yo grandson can push all the buttons he wants and he still can’t mess things up. I love the high temp and sanitize features and everything is always clean and dry when done. It seems like it takes a long time to run through all the cycles, though. That and no adjustable top rack are the only two things I miss with my previous dishwasher.

Original review: March 6, 2020

We had a Whirlpool dishwasher for 24 years, and when it was time to purchase a new one, I did a lot of research before choosing our Maytag. Reviews by other consumers who had purchased dishwashers was very helpful in making our decision, and we have had no problems in the almost 18 months that we have had this dishwasher. It is very quiet. It washes and dries the dishes with no streaks, although I wash off the dishes before loading them. It provides 5 cycles and 4 options and lights blink, when the washing and drying cycles are complete. I would recommend the Maytag, Model #MDB4949SHBO wholeheartedly.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Bought a Maytag dishwasher early July. Worked great for 3 months. Drain pump went out. Called "customer service", 30 minutes to get a person. 1 week to get a service tech here. Even though we told them pump was out. Sent with no repair parts. So has to come back at our inconvenience, company policy, not service tech fault. Tried to complain on "live chat". 30 minutes for them to get with me. Still no satisfaction. Would not recommend the product for the company itself. Sadly thought we upgraded.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Good machine. Cleans well. Have owned for about 2 1/2 years. Two issues that I'm not pleased with - steam comes out around sides of machine and has damages. The wood cabinets and the plastic wheels on lower basket have all broken off - have had to replace all 4 at a cost of $38 each + tax and shipping.

Original review: July 14, 2020

We bought Maytag Dishwasher on October 9, 2019. Due to the installation difficulties we were not able to install and try it right away. Lowes warranty expired in 30 days, and the dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes. Even with the hand prewash of all of them-they come out dirty. I have to clean them after. The dishwasher is very weak. We contacted Maytag and were told that they can do nothing for us, only send technician (we have to pay $160 per visit). We can not return or replace it, the quality is very poor, so we will have just to buy a new dishwasher and lose 500$ for this product.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Bought brand new Maytag dishwasher. Worked great for 3 years. Then caught on fire. Couldn't contact maytag for a month because when you call your on hold for 30 minutes. Then when I do contact them they will only want to give 50%off another of their products that I've already had catch on fire. I will never buy another one ever.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Dishwasher has been very dependable. Very reasonably priced and in over six years of service never had an issue with it. It’s a little on the small side for a large family but if you’re for less in your household-- works perfect.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs

Acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, the Maytag brand is one known for dependability. With more than 100 years of experience in the home appliance space, Maytag is a familiar brand.

• Built-in disposal: Never deal with clogs when using a Maytag dishwasher with a built-in chopper. It cleans its own filter and reduces food to particles small enough for any drainpipe.

• Easy shopping: With only four different models, it won't take long to find the one that best fits your needs.

• Extended warranty: While some manufacturers only cover specific parts for 10 years, Maytag offers a more extensive policy that includes parts for the tub and door liner.

• Most powerful motor: Compared to other leading brands in the category, Maytag offers the most powerful motor.

• Sanitization option: In addition to the regular clean cycle, Maytag dishwashers also include an optional sanitization cycle that kills bacteria.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team