Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I moved into this house and the dishwasher came with it. For an appliance that is over 8 years old it works beautifully. It cleans my dishes well and doesn't leave residue on them. I ran it through a cleaning cycle recently and that has only improved its performance. I recommend dishwashers by Maytag because they last and perform well.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

It’s really quiet and it cleans the dishes, pots, glasses on just 1 cycle and I’ve had it loaded more than one time. I do use rinse aid and I do occasionally use dishwasher cleaner. I wouldn’t own angry other than a Maytag dishwasher. They last forever. The commercial about calling a Maytag service man is true! I’ve never had to call fior service! Well worth the money!

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I think it’s kind of difficult to mess up a dishwasher design and that being said this dishwasher is as good as expected. I bought it new 4 years ago. I use it maybe once a week unless I have company. It cleans well. I use liquid soap. I never have any leftover residue. It’s very spacious.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Wish there was some way to secure all dishwasher under the cabinets better. It tips forward slightly, but gets caught on counter top, so it won’t fall over. The dishwasher itself is truly amazing. I love the stainless steel inside. I ensure I use the dishwasher cleaner on hottest cycle once a month. I have no odors. Both racks hold up well and the silverware tray has never given me any problems. I even like the thin little third top rack, which is where I lay my larger flat knives or spatula. As long as I use the finish dishwasher cleaner, the dishes come out sparkling. And a few times I have forgotten to fill the finish container, the dishes still sparkle. My teenagers do the dishes a few times a week. They don’t wash them off ahead of time. On occasion I have to pick a few pieces of corn or food out of the bottom, but the dishes still sparkle and the leftover food caught on the drain, well it looks clean enough to eat. I would definitely buy it again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Purchased 6-1/2 years ago when we had kitchen remodeled. Bought the stainless steel with stainless interior. The interior design was perfect for placing the various dishes, glassware and utensils. There are a number of settings to choose from, however, we tend to use it as more of a sanitizer so the light or normal wash are the preferred and don't use the heat-dry as we don't find it necessary. Very pleased with the quietness of the cycles and have no regrets with our purchase.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Hello, My recently purchased dishwasher has leaked water within less than half an hour of the fifth time to be used and showed error: F8E4, dishwasher model and SN are: Model: MDB4949SKZ. Serial # : FA3003347. Registered: 09/11/2021, I've been calling Home Depot who in turn asked the installer to check the connection, and the latter advised and reported it's a manufacturer issue. And calling Maytag for several times but no response or action. On-line service scheduling of Maytag is not working!!! And the live chat is not helping, as well. Now my dishwasher is not working since more than two weeks, knowing that it has been installed only a month ago.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased this $857 dishwasher from Lowe's in May, 2021. It broke in June, 2021. S&S Repair was sent by Maytag to repair. It took 3 weeks for them to come, then they discovered the motor and pump assembly had gone out. Parts were on backorder. It is now August, 13, 2021 and I still have no dishwasher. Lowe's would not replace this dishwasher. Maytag will not authorize a return. This is disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

The dishwasher turns on of its own accord. Sometimes when you get too close to it, once in a while in the middle of the night, and most of the time when you latch the door. It does a great job cleaning the dishes, but to no avail because it's always in the middle of a cycle when you need them.

Original review: May 10, 2021

We purchased a dishwasher (Maytag) two or three years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. The welds on the upper rack broke. The wheels on the low rack keep falling off. Water leak happened recently. The start button broke. My wife and I decided to just get a new one rather than keep sinking maintenance costs which are going to keep adding up.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Bought new and only had one service call in 20 years. The control panel was replaced. Since then, the dishwasher has performed well and, factually, was far less expensive than many other models! That figured in our decision when remodeling our kitchen back then.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, the Maytag brand is one known for dependability. With more than 100 years of experience in the home appliance space, Maytag is a familiar brand.

• Built-in disposal: Never deal with clogs when using a Maytag dishwasher with a built-in chopper. It cleans its own filter and reduces food to particles small enough for any drainpipe.

• Easy shopping: With only four different models, it won't take long to find the one that best fits your needs.

• Extended warranty: While some manufacturers only cover specific parts for 10 years, Maytag offers a more extensive policy that includes parts for the tub and door liner.

• Most powerful motor: Compared to other leading brands in the category, Maytag offers the most powerful motor.

• Sanitization option: In addition to the regular clean cycle, Maytag dishwashers also include an optional sanitization cycle that kills bacteria.

Maytag Dishwashers Company Information