Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Maytag Dishwasher Model # MDB7749SBM1. What a piece of JUNK! Purchased in June 2013. Control panel went out six months later! June 2014 Control panel BAD again (#2). March 2015 another Control panel replaced (#3). Thank God for Home Depot's extended warranty! October 2019.... Control panel needs replacing!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Maytag Dishwasher model #MDB7759SAW3 continues the Whirlpool company legacy of subpar control panels in all of their dishwashers. It is telling that they have been allowed to market the exact same failing parts for well over a decade without any accountability. They had one recall circa 2007-2010 and pushed customers into purchasing the model I have which suffers from the exact same control panel design.

To further frustrate the consumer experience, Maytag customer service reps and supervisors allege that they have never heard of a customer having issues with their dishwasher control panel before. The panel beeps endlessly and refuses user input regardless of whether the door is opened or closed. After a power disconnect it will reset and sometimes allow one load to be washed before resuming the non stop beeping. If opened and closed during the beeping it will cycle through a completely new wash cycle on its own and resume beeping. Maytag customer service response this morning was, “thank you for being a Maytag customer”.

We will my be purchasing their replacement control panels as they are of poor quality and it is well documented that the new ones fail annually as well. These are “high end” appliances and are not inexpensive. We will simply cease to use whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, etc. brands in our home and will advise everyone we know to protect themselves the same way.

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Model MDB4949SDZ0. 7/10/2018 Purchased from Costco. 7/23/2018 Installed by company arranged by Costco. 6/18/2019 A burning smell was coming from front control panel area of dishwasher when it was turned on. 6/25/2019 & 7/3/2019 Repair technician came to fix but could not find anything wrong so burning smell continued whenever dishwasher was one hour into cycle. 7/12/2019 Repair tech changed out front control panel because burning smell was still coming from handle area. 8/9/2019 Dishwasher does not drain completely when wash cycle is complete. Sometimes there is sudsy water left, sometimes it is clear. The water level is above the heating element at bottom of dishwasher.

We only run the machine 2-3 times a week and have been using different cycles to see if the draining issue is with one cycle or all of them. No matter which cycle is used, water remains at the bottom of the dishwasher above the heating element. This seems like way too much residual water. Repair technician is scheduled to come for the 4th time to look at dishwasher but we just received a message that we will have to pay $129 service fee because dishwasher is now out of warranty. Maytag, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Therefore, know that we will not be purchasing a Maytag product ever again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We bought a Maytag appliance package when we built our house in 2015. So far the exchange Fan burned out in the fridge. The element burned out on the range. The wheels broke off inside the dishwasher on the racks inside and the outside of the white dishwasher is rusting worse than 1959 Edsel. 3.5 years old. Broken and rusty. I called and emailed Maytag customer service and all they say is it’s out of warranty and they’re sorry. Things break I get it but if they said on the box when I purchased it that it would rust in 3.5 years I would have looked at and purchased another brand. Beware of the cheaply made poor customer service of the new Maytag.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Runs very quiet, several cycles, various levels of heat & drying options; includes soak & hold option. Upper rack adjusts from high to low to accommodate tall glasses or short. Utensil holders have various openings to allow for separate placement of knives, forks & spoons.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: May 16, 2019

We bought all Maytag appliances two years ago when we redid our kitchen. I have had nothing but a nightmare with my Maytag dishwasher. It started to leak so we called in the service repair person. He said he could not find the leak but tightened something in the washer, it still leaked. We had him come in again because it still leaked and nothing. We called in a plumber to see if he could find the problem. He couldn’t find anything wrong with the plumbing and thought it might be the washer door seal. The washer is still leaking, it will be the third time the repair man is coming to fix the washer. At this point, I just want to get rid of my two year old dishwasher. I will Never buy another Maytag product. This ordeal has been a nightmare with no help from Maytag service centre. So, so, disappointing.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Like other reviewers, I am having issues regarding the control board panel for MAYTAG Dishwasher Model Number MDB7749SAM0. The unit was less than 3 yrs old when the control board panel malfunction issue began. I feel like this is a manufacturing defect and the company should be responsible for repairing/replacing the control board panel. I contacted Maytag numerous times regarding this, but customer service continues to tell customers there is NO warranty after one year from purchase date, and they are saying there is no recall or other reported issues regarding the Maytag’s control board at this time.

However, I have found numerous online complaints and reviews about the very same issue I am having and same poor customer service. Since MAYTAG does not seem to care about their customer’s concerns regarding their product breaking in I feel that the only solution is DO NOT PURCHASE MAYTAG dishwasher brand again. I have had other brands last much much longer than this one did.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have owned this dishwasher about four years. After about three years the control panel malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Six months later I had to replace the controller. After another six months the control panel has again failed. Rather than invest more money in this beast, I have decided to replace it with what I hope is a more reliable machine. This experience has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth about Maytag products. I’m afraid this will be my last purchase of a Maytag product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased the Maytag dishwasher model # MDB4949SDZ almost one year ago. Since the beginning there has been a smell to our drinking glasses when we put drink in them...smells like boiled eggs. We have always used Cascade dishwasher pods, but suddenly our dishes were being left with a gritty feeling film on them and I had to run them under water to rinse them after taking them out of the dishwasher. This model showed on Lowe's website that it has a food grinder, but it cannot even get rid of a single kernel of corn that might get left on a plate. After a load is completely washed and you open the door, there is a strong smell of detergent. If you run an EMPTY dishwasher with NO soap it creates an abundance of suds like there is still soap all in the tub!!

The repairman came out and called Maytag and they ran a "diagnostic" check on it and it said everything was okay. He said to run a cup of white vinegar through it and I did. It didn't help. Still lots of suds being produced when I run a cycle with NO dishes and NO soap!!! He said the food grinder doesn't actually grind or dispose of small particles of food, just grease!! What?!!!! We had to PAY $92 for the service call even though it is still under warranty just because the repairman and the Maytag guy on the phone couldn't figure out why this dishwasher is a hunk of junk!!!! Also, the top rack has clips on the side to lower and raise the rack. The outer sides of the top rack will only hold smaller glasses because these clips get in the way. I hate this dishwasher so much!!! My 18 year old Kenmore ran like a charm until Hurricane Harvey flooded our house. I will never buy a Maytag appliance again!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This is my THIRD dishwasher, and by far the best. The Bosch machine I had before that was a catastrophe: mediocre cleaning, intense filter cleaning required - at least every two days - and, with a pretended noise level of 47 dB, MUCH noisier than the 50 dB announced by Maytag. Somebody is laughing at someone! To sum up: the Maytag MDB4949SHZ cleans dishes incredibly well, is very silent and requires no filter cleaning.

Maytag expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, the Maytag brand is one known for dependability. With more than 100 years of experience in the home appliance space, Maytag is a familiar brand.

• Built-in disposal: Never deal with clogs when using a Maytag dishwasher with a built-in chopper. It cleans its own filter and reduces food to particles small enough for any drainpipe.

• Easy shopping: With only four different models, it won't take long to find the one that best fits your needs.

• Extended warranty: While some manufacturers only cover specific parts for 10 years, Maytag offers a more extensive policy that includes parts for the tub and door liner.

• Most powerful motor: Compared to other leading brands in the category, Maytag offers the most powerful motor.

• Sanitization option: In addition to the regular clean cycle, Maytag dishwashers also include an optional sanitization cycle that kills bacteria.

• Best for: Homeowners, businesses and families