Maytag Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: May 13, 2022

Don’t ever get a Maytag. We’ve had our dishwasher for 20 months. It’s worked maybe 10. Four service calls in 20 months and it just broke again. They won’t replace that stainless, useless albatross, that has the audacity to beep error codes at me while I’m hand washing dishes. Getting an LG and making sure nobody else gets a Maytag. I just spent 3 hours on the phone with service. Very nice representatives, that’s the only redeeming quality.

Original review: April 24, 2022

It may be a bit early to do a review on this, because I think we have only had it for about a year but I am just SO happy with this dishwasher. The dishes come out so sparkly clean...It runs quiet....and I like that it has that short cycle ....Best dishwasher I have ever had!

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I bought a Maytag dishwasher in 2019 in Home Depot for my new home. The dishwasher stopped washing dishes after two years and 6 months. The price of the new machine was 700$ and I did not buy the extended warranty. The trouble is circulation pump, that cost to install the new one from local service would be about 350$ plus the new pump 150$. I consider quality is very poor if the new dishwasher works only two years and then it is better to buy a new item than fix the old one. Never never buy Maytag production.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Purchased a Maytag dishwasher from Best Buy. We did not buy the extended warranty from BB because there is a warranty with Maytag. After 4 months of use the washer stopped working. We were unable to return it to Best Buy because we exceeded the 2 week return policy and needed to rely on Maytag's 1 year warranty. It took over 2 weeks to schedule a repair and he was unable to fix it, it needed an entirely new Control Board and UI panel. 3 weeks later he returned with the new parts. It worked for 10 days with the NEW Board and panel, it has now stopped working again. We are not able to replace it due to the California Lemon Law which allows a company 3 opportunities to fix it before replacing. Next time I will purchase the Best Buy warranty so I can replace this Maytag LEMON.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

We purchased the Maytag several years ago when we upgraded our kitchen. In terms of price, it was very reasonable. In terms of product performance, we have been extremely satisfied with the product. We would highly recommend buying Maytag and would again ourselves in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Hello, My recently purchased dishwasher has leaked water within less than half an hour of the fifth time to be used and showed error: F8E4, dishwasher model and SN are: Model: MDB4949SKZ. Serial # : FA3003347. Registered: 09/11/2021, I've been calling Home Depot who in turn asked the installer to check the connection, and the latter advised and reported it's a manufacturer issue. And calling Maytag for several times but no response or action. On-line service scheduling of Maytag is not working!!! And the live chat is not helping, as well. Now my dishwasher is not working since more than two weeks, knowing that it has been installed only a month ago.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased this $857 dishwasher from Lowe's in May, 2021. It broke in June, 2021. S&S Repair was sent by Maytag to repair. It took 3 weeks for them to come, then they discovered the motor and pump assembly had gone out. Parts were on backorder. It is now August, 13, 2021 and I still have no dishwasher. Lowe's would not replace this dishwasher. Maytag will not authorize a return. This is disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

The dishwasher turns on of its own accord. Sometimes when you get too close to it, once in a while in the middle of the night, and most of the time when you latch the door. It does a great job cleaning the dishes, but to no avail because it's always in the middle of a cycle when you need them.

Original review: May 10, 2021

We purchased a dishwasher (Maytag) two or three years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. The welds on the upper rack broke. The wheels on the low rack keep falling off. Water leak happened recently. The start button broke. My wife and I decided to just get a new one rather than keep sinking maintenance costs which are going to keep adding up.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I moved into this house and the dishwasher came with it. For an appliance that is over 8 years old it works beautifully. It cleans my dishes well and doesn't leave residue on them. I ran it through a cleaning cycle recently and that has only improved its performance. I recommend dishwashers by Maytag because they last and perform well.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, the Maytag brand is one known for dependability. With more than 100 years of experience in the home appliance space, Maytag is a familiar brand.

• Built-in disposal: Never deal with clogs when using a Maytag dishwasher with a built-in chopper. It cleans its own filter and reduces food to particles small enough for any drainpipe.

• Easy shopping: With only four different models, it won't take long to find the one that best fits your needs.

• Extended warranty: While some manufacturers only cover specific parts for 10 years, Maytag offers a more extensive policy that includes parts for the tub and door liner.

• Most powerful motor: Compared to other leading brands in the category, Maytag offers the most powerful motor.

• Sanitization option: In addition to the regular clean cycle, Maytag dishwashers also include an optional sanitization cycle that kills bacteria.

Maytag Dishwashers Company Information