Vista, CA

4.2/5 (496 ratings)

About Jandy Pro Series

Jandy manufactures professional-­grade pool and spa equipment, including a full line of pumps, filters, lights, valves, chlorinators and automation solutions. You can buy equipment directly from its website, and its energy-efficient pumps could help lower your overall pool operating costs.

Pros

• Efficient models
  • Expert installers
  • Lower operating costs
  • Enhanced durability

Cons

• Limited warranty
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Jandy offers efficient, durable pool equipment that can lower the total cost of operation. Although its products can be expensive, the company's warranties and installation expertise might make it worth it.

Jandy Pro Series Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jandy Pro Series?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased a Jandy Pro Series heater and a guy and his son installed it and did a beautiful job. They charged a decent price for it. So, I’m very happy with it. I got some of his cards and I give them out to my friends. The heater has been performing just fine. Jandy products tend to be a little more costly. But the first one lasted 14 years, which was pretty good.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We bought a house and the pool was chlorine and I wanted it swapped over to a salt system. The guy that I contacted to do this for me didn’t specify what he was gonna put it in. So, he just automatically picked Jandy and didn’t consult with me. And at first, I wasn’t too happy with it. But it was more his fault than the product's fault. He told me he had put in a salt cell that was good enough for a 35,000-gallon pool. I have an 8,000-gallon pool. And so, I was running this thing at 40% and I couldn't figure out why every time I went to get the water tested, it had no chlorine in it. I finally took a picture of the unit, brought it to the local Pinch a Penny pool supply, and they said, "It's for 11,000 gallons, not for 35,000 gallons." So, I bumped it back up to 80% and lo and behold, I have extra chlorine now in it. It turns out I was just misinformed and I was setting it too low. And now that it's set right, it's working fine.

With the other salt cell I had, I didn’t have to set the percentage of how hard I want the thing to work. I just had to turn the knob that set the parts per million which was a shot in the dark either way because you really don’t know until you find that sweet spot. And then, that sweet spot is gonna change depending on the time of year, how many people are in the pool and so on. But Jandy is definitely easier to clean than the other unit I had because I just take it out of the housing, and I put it in a bucket with muriatic acid and water, and it does great. I'm really happy with it now that I've figured out what the deal was. I get the water tested weekly and usually, it's "Add two cups of acid," and that's about the expense of the maintenance other than to clean the salt cell.

Hello Crin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of your new saltwater system. Wishing you the perfect pool season.

Jandy

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Jandy Pro Series was purchased as a replacement and was recommended by the pool technicians. They had initial problems setting it up because they didn't wire it correctly. But once we got the right professional in to do it, it's not been an issue anymore. I find Jandy to be quite good. Everything is reasonable for what I'm getting.

Hello Gianni,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Jandy product.

Jandy

Original review: May 28, 2019

Jandy Pro series lasted 4 months! Paid extra for what was supposed to be a superior warranty! Absolutely do not buy this product. They will not stand behind their products! Factory representatives Is blaming me for the failure.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When one of our lights died down, I started calling Jandy. A pool professional recommended them and then installed the product. And I really like it. It’s safe. The price is also in line with the quality of it so I'm happy with both.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a filter pump, the Jandy valve and all that pool installation of a new swimming pool. I chose the Jandy equipment through the recommendation of the pool person and it has been performing very well since it was installed. I'm pretty pleased with it and I'd recommend Jandy. They're pretty easy to use and dependable. Hopefully, they'll last longer than a year.

I've called them on a couple occasions and the customer service reps were very handy and very responsive to my questions and concerns. I printed out the user guide and there's pretty much adequate information. They have very self-explainable instruction manuals. The user guides are very well put together, and I haven't had any issues. The only very minor concern that I have is the inclusion. I have the Jandy TruClear salt treatment and the numbers for the parts regarding the tailpipe that’s next to the salt chlorinator are not listed anywhere on the user guide. So, I had the hardest time trying to get a replacement part last month. I had really dug in deep, did some research and really worked hard to figure out what those part numbers were.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The heater has been in service for less than two years. Shortly after opening the pool last month, the heat exchanger began to gush water. I’m very disappointed in this product. My first Jandy heater lasted almost 12 years. I would not recommend this heater. I have been in contact with Sal at Jandy customer service. He has been helpful. I expect Jandy to do the right thing and pay for this repair.

Original review: May 20, 2019

This very expensive pump doesn’t work because the iAquaLink app that you are forced to use with it doesn’t connect. This is not a problem with our internet or anything else, as initially told by the Jandy reps who came to troubleshoot. After getting a new router and extender (extra $s) and spending hours on it it still doesn’t function. It is completely an issue with the app. After research it turns out this app has had issues for a long time. We were told it was the most recent updated app, but that is simply not true. They might make a good pump, if it worked, but until the company invests in good programmers it won’t matter. If you have the old app and it works, do not update it. If you’re a new customer you’re stuck with the new app that isn’t functional. It has been this way for weeks and weeks. Very disappointing.

Hello Leslie,

We are sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with your Jandy Equipment. Both customer satisfaction and product quality are top priorities for us, and nothing less than the perfect pool experience will do. We will have an IOT specialist reach out to you.

Jandy

Original review: May 19, 2019

The pool lighting I got from Jandy is working really good. I've got a Hayward pool pump and a Hayward filter, and I got the two LED lights as well. They're probably the best lights I've ever seen. Everybody's impressed of them. My wife and I decided to have two of them. One area lights up the steps, and the other end lights up the deep end by the swim out, and it's really nice. They got like party lights. I gotta figure out how to program to where we could just pick a color and have a color stay on. They go through multiple colors - amber, blue, purple.

The quality of the product we got from Jandy is awesome. I would recommend it to anybody. It's a very easy product to install instead of those big, ugly, stainless steel lights that I'm used to back in the 70s, 80s, 90s. These things just go right in. And you turn them in, and those rubber O-rings, they just lock right into place. I saw the electrician put it in. And then you ain't gotta worry about burning out bulbs and water getting in behind the niche. It's a great idea.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a pool built in a coastal climate in 2013 and originally, it was the Jandy LXi that was installed. That heater had some ventilation right on the top and it was supposed to direct rainfall. But that apparently wasn’t a good design. It started cutting out and loosened igniters after four years then it gave up altogether six months ago. My regular pool maintenance people are also the people who installed the pool. Rainey sent me a proposal for replacing the heater with this new model that I bought. But it was a little pricey so I started digging around and I found another installer on the internet. I was very pleased with both the price, the installation process and the timeline with Whale Pools and have not had any issues with the installation. In particular, Rainey wanted me to hire electricians and plumbers on top of expense. But these other guys were kind of a one-stop shop and they were $1,000 cheaper.

There was a bit of hesitation because this Jandy product is a newer model in terms of being Jandy name-plated but the design isn’t necessarily brand new now. But I asked a number of different pool guys who work in this coastal climate to see if they had any opinions about which manufacturer’s equipment is holding up better down there. Everyone kept coming back to this unit that I recently purchased and I had some additional confidence in it because I have a similarly designed unit in Houston that I never had any maintenance issues with. So I ran with it since I knew it would work with the existing heater that was there. It’s a Jandy setup out there and that made it somewhat easier to be confident that everything would work with it. Frank also sent me a little table comparing a couple of different heaters to help me nail down that decision and that was very helpful. So far, I am very pleased. Everything is great. It all works.

I’m very happy with the installation process because I did not have to be involved at all and it got done right and on time. Frank has got kind of an internet shop and I really like how he’s put his business together. It was all done by telephone or text so millennials will love this guy. He’s got the model for the future. He’s got a low overhead and he passes the savings on to the customer. He also knows everything about the pool equipment. He is an NSPF-certified pool operator and an APSP-certified pool and spa-building professional. So if you’re an engineer like me, he’s gonna answer your questions as detailed as you wanna go.

He sent pictures during the installation so that I could see how it was going and that was cool. He showed the old heater and then the new heater on the slab and the connections. He sent close-ups so I could see he tied everything in. Most people that he would send this to wouldn’t see things like the pipe dope on the gas connections and the care taken to plumb up to lawn’s level. But it’s a pretty clean install. I liked this experience so much better than I liked dealing with the Rainey guys on this thing where you call the shop and they get a service guy connected to you. Frank was a lean mean pool heating installation machine. He was awesome. If Jandy wants to sell more pool heaters, they need to put these guys at the top of their list of dealers.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased the Jandy Pro through a local company here and it was their recommendation. The cost didn't seem out of line. The product appears to be excellent and it makes the pool perform better. We haven't really gotten into pool season yet but the couple times that I've used it, it's made everything a lot easier than it had been. A very good experience overall.

Original review: May 16, 2019

With the other filter I had, the bladders need to be replaced every couple of years. When it failed, I purchased the filter from Jandy Pro. The service company that I use suggested it and they did the installation. This is the first time they’ve used that particular filter with me and I've only had it for a couple of months. They also maintain it if there's an issue. I just have to call them to schedule it. If the bladders fail, they will replace it for me.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We decided to have a pool heater installed and upon recommendation from Thompson Pool Services in Las Vegas we purchased a Jandy and had it installed. The total cost of the unit and installation totaled $4940. After 2 seasons the unit needs to be replaced due to corrosion issues! We maintained the pool on a regular basis, monitored the chemicals and even replaced the water before we started seeing problems. Although customer service at Jandy were helpful we were informed that repairs or replacement would not be covered under warranty. Despite checking and maintaining the pool on a regular basis we were never informed by Thompson Pool that the chemical balance is critical.

Their customer satisfaction is NOT their priority as indicated on their website as we had to call them out several times before the unit broke down and they were never able to come out the same week. The igniter for the unit had to be replaced after one season and I would expect that if the unit was such bad shape that they would have been able to see it at that time. As a partner of Jandy and for us to sit with such a huge loss is horrible. This must be one of the worst losses that we have encountered through no fault of our own. My recommendation to anyone looking to purchase a pool heater is to stay away from this company!

Original review: May 3, 2019

In Jan 2019 I had a pool installed with a Jandy heater. Unfortunately, within 4-6 weeks of installation, the pump started making a horrible, loud whistling noise. The water heated quickly and the pump appeared to be working, other than the noise. Contemporary Pools in Columbia, SC manage the Jandy warranties in the area. They came out, checked my heater, consulted with Jandy and determined nothing wrong.

A week later, whistling resumed and I called again. This time it was determined the gas valve put in by the HVAC company was faulty. I have had the valve replaced under warranty and neither Jandy nor the HVAC company will pay for the approximately $600 Jandy parts to fix the water pump! So here I sit with no water heat pump on my pool unless I pay for it - not gonna happen!!! A multi-million dollar company like Jandy should be able to resolve my customer service problem, if for no other reason that to keep their good name. I am very upset these two companies have left me with the financial responsibilities after I spent thousands on this pool already. I will make sure that people I know will hear about this and encourage People NOT to buy Jandy products!

Hello Mary,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your equipment. In order to warranty parts, we require installation by a pool professional. Please provide the HVAC professionals information to us, and we will follow up to ensure that your issue is appropriately resolved.

Jandy

Original review: May 1, 2019

I bought a pool heater but after that, I had a very bad experience from the service people. It’s a big issue, and they blamed it on the gas line that was coming and where it was installed. Everything was sufficient enough and I changed the chimney on the thing, and everything still didn’t work. The biggest issue was when I had to start up and they refused to do any service on it. I tried calling Jandy customer service and they were very rude. I would not ever buy Jandy again nor would I recommend anybody to buy them. It's not the optimum thing to buy. I had to buy another one for my Florida house and I bought something else.

Hello Amarjit,

We want to learn more about the experience you had with our customer service team, and we'd like to listen to the recording of your call with the technician. We will have a representative reach out to you and gather the pertinent information regarding your personal experience with our customer support department.

We thank you in advance for your time.

All the best,

Jandy

Original review: April 30, 2019

So far, our Jandy products are working well. I recently had a pool professional, the same builder who handles my maintenance, replace the filters and it's working fine.

Original review: April 29, 2019

One of the dual heat sensors inside the heater went bad two years ago and I bought a new one from Jandy to replace it. I did it myself and it was easy, though the troubleshooting was hard to figure out. Now it's back to normal. I've recommended them to my former neighbors.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My electric heat pump wasn’t working and then gas also became available in my neighborhood. Gas just gets hotter faster. So I went from an electric heat pump to natural gas. I looked at different units and Jandy was more of a compact unit so I went with it. The brand is also pretty well-known and I have a buddy who works there. He gave a good recommendation. Then I had a pool professional install the unit. But he didn't do it right completely. Then when I tried to get parts for it, it was pretty difficult. There was a unique thing where Jandy has a list of installers but if you had it installed by different people, you get different warranties. I wasn’t versed on that and when I called about the parts, Jandy said I would have to pay for the labor on it. All they were gonna pay for was the parts, if their guy said it was okay.

Later, I had another guy who was also on the service list but if he had done the installation, I would have gotten two years' warranty for parts and labor. They were sort of qualified by Jandy. With the people I had install it, all they were gonna give me is a one-year warranty for parts, no labor. So I was not happy with that. It would have been helpful to know the difference. Nonetheless, I've been very happy with how the heater has been performing. It performs the way it's supposed to and although it wasn’t cheap, it wasn’t overly expensive either. So I was pretty happy with the cost-benefit. It seemed like it's medium and balanced.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I sell and install Jandy pool heaters, and I like them. It’s got a two-year parts and label warranty. I’ve had a couple of warranty calls from some of my customers, but Jandy is good about covering stuff. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: April 26, 2019

The Jandy Pro came highly recommended from my pool guy and he’s the one that maintains the pool everyday. He purchased the heater and installed it. It is very easy to operate and it keeps the Jacuzzi in about probably 2/3 of the time of my old heater. Right now, it looks good and it has been performing really well.

Hello Reginaldo,

Thank you for your feedback. We want to wish you the perfect pool season.

Jandy

Original review: April 25, 2019

We bought the house in Florida and it had no heater in the pool. In the wintertime, we need one, so we put a Jandy heater in. Since it was installed, it has been working good. However, I have another heater at another home that I own, and that heater tells me all the time what the temperature is. This one doesn’t even though the power runs through it or maybe we have to turn those on. I would recommend the dealer, Florida Pools Heating System, to anyone. They were wonderful and great. From down here, they don’t wanna do the gas because it’s a gas heater, and they handled the gas. They did a good job.

Peter,

Thank you for your insightful feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying your new heater, and we will pass along your comments regarding the temperature reading onto the appropriate department for future product development.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have pool heaters and a chlorinator for the pool. The heater is working okay but we’re getting moisture on the top and having some issues with that. So, I’m trying to get someone come back to look at it or service it. Other than that, maintaining the equipment is easy.

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to us if you are unable to schedule a service call.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: April 22, 2019

We got another Jandy to replace the old Jandy product that we had which was 16 years old and we had a professional install it. My guy didn't know I had to hook it up to my Jandy controller so I had another guy come over and do that. We don't use it a whole lot but I tried it out and it works fine. Jandy is a good product and I like it.

Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Jandy products.

Happy Swimming,

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: April 21, 2019

We hired a pool company out of Matthews, North Carolina and they were using Jandy products. I have their filters but I have yet to do the replacement because the pool company had gone out of business. I went on Jandy’s website and I found whoever was local that represented the warranty and they sent someone out here who is working with me. They're gonna do the fix and there’s warranty in it. They're standing behind their product. I did the request for the warranty on my maintenance app but I wasn't able to do it because it was not hooking up to my Wi-Fi, so they’re having to upgrade that for me. So far, Jandy's customer service handled my situation fine. I don’t have any problem with the product. The equipment works well.

Hello Ritchie,

Thank you for your review.

Jandy

Original review: April 20, 2019

I needed a replacement cap for one of my pool filters and Jandy Pro had the best reviews. They turned out to be excellent. They couldn’t do more to satisfy whatever I needed. Purchasing it online took a little time, but it’s fairly easy. I spoke to the reps over the phone and it was very seamless. I have two pumps and they’re different in size, but they’re very similar. The first cap they sent me was for the smaller one, and I called them back and they made sure I get the right cap the second time very quickly. I couldn’t recommend them more. Keep it up.

Darren,

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for your recommendation.

Wishing The Perfect Pool Season!

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: April 19, 2019

Our pool repair person recommended Jandy based on what he had previously. It was the same brand. He talked about how that has an automatic backflow, stuff that can shut it down and keep the circulation to reduce it. So that was kinda cool. The heater is attached to our baptism pool and everybody has been nice and warm when they’re being baptized. I would recommend Jandy. We haven’t had any issues with the its quality and it has been functioning like it is supposed to.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We were having the pool resurfaced and the pump was getting old, so we thought we could get a new pump to go with the new pool. The contractor got it from Jandy Pro Series for us and installed it. We went over the wireless thing in the app and we got that all set up, which was simple. It has been performing great since then.

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your new Jandy equipment.

Jandy

Original review: April 17, 2019

My experience with Jandy has been terrible. My pool was installed about 14 years ago and it came with a standard Jandy heater which lasted for 13 years until a leak happened some time around October of last year. I had used the product for a season, just that summer, and as the gas inspector came over, the heater had already started to leak. So when the season ended, I shut the product off and put it in bypass mode for keeping the pool water circulating. I didn’t want my pool pump to be flooded. I thought that the leak would drain the heater and that would have emptied it out. But I didn’t understand that the water would actually be sitting in the heater and that created further problems with corrosion inside the machine.

That is why when somebody came over in February to take some pictures of what was going on inside of it, there was all this rusty water. As a result of the pictures having been sent in, my warranty was declined. I’m very disappointed in Jandy's product. I think there was a big problem with it too. Then it wasn’t just the expense of the heater. It was also all the modifications to the plumbing system that were required to change from an older heater to a newer one. It was a hard expense for me so it's a hardship.

Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback. Customer satisfaction and product quality are top priorities for us, and nothing less than the perfect pool experience will do. We will have a reputation management administrator reach out to you.

Jandy Pro Series

Original review: April 16, 2019

The pool installer recommended the Jandy Pro Series product and they purchased it for me. Although its cost is a little expensive, it looks good and is very compact. We put it on and it seems to work. It's simple to use and seems to heat.

Hello Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Jandy Product.

Jandy

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased the heaters for our pool from Jandy Pro Series to replace old ones. A pool professional recommended Jandy, but I had one before so I just replaced it with a different model. Jandy is a great product.

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to review your new Jandy heater.

Jandy Pro Series Company Information