Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

3.8/5 (596 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Purchased furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture, purchased the 5 year plan as part of the sale, (Guardian Protection Products). Made a claim for a seam separation. Was rejected. I will never buy from Bob's again and will share my experiences with family, friends about the poor customer service of both Bob's and their Warranty partner, Guardian Protection Products. Do NOT purchase the warranty. It is a scam, I cannot understand with almost all the reviews on this site of 1 star, and I am sure it would be a negative rating in they had that option, I would. Why are these businesses allowed to stay in business? So many hard working people get ripped off and are left with falling apart furniture and having to spend more money to repair or replace the furniture. When will there be accountability for these scams??

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I have had the worst experience with these people. I have proof of the constant disrespect these people have shown me. For the past 6th months I’ve been on the phone for hours just to either be ignored or have my time wasted. They have made a mockery of my time with their lies telling me they're going to help me and they never do. These people will send you to the hospital with the stress they cause. I advise you to stay away from those horrible people service. I’ve had beyond enough proof to have my claims approved and get a solution to my problem but I have been ignored and dismissed without reason. Never ever use or trust these people unless you want to waste your time and receive an unfavorable experience and an unfathomable amount of stress.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I purchased a sectional at Ashley’s Furniture and upsold on a 5 year protection plan from Guardian. My daughter took a scissors to some cushions so I made a claim. Claim was denied for multiple incidents.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

It’s 100% waste of money, they cover almost nothing and what they do cover they will search for any and all loopholes not to cover damage. That’s After you might wait 6-8 months before hearing back from them. They attempt to run out clock on your plan. No concept of customer service. I actually just purchased furniture for another room from a different company because of this “protection plan” so because of them, Bob's is missing out on sales.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I purchased a couch from Bob's Discount Furniture and additionally purchased a 5 year warranty from Guardian. After just having the couch for a few months, the bottom frame and seam started to separate on a nearly new couch with hardly ANY wear. Guardian send a technician over to fix the issue which resulted in the couch being nailed together. I was skeptical that it would be enough to resolve the issue but since I had a 5 year warranty, I waited to see if any issues arose after "the fix". Well, this same issue happened again because the frame is cheap and they are refusing to cover the damages. This couch is only used for its intended purpose should be covered by the warranty as it was the first time, as this should be considered accidental at the very least. All I do is sit on the couch and it's falling apart on both sides?? They are refusing to help me and their customer service is awful.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I purchased a furniture protection plan after purchasing a sectional several years ago. Several months ago, I noticed that the electrical cord on one of the recliners had frayed (after receiving a nasty electrical shock). Though it was obviously a fire hazard, it took months to get an appt for a technician to come, after sending pics along with all of the other rigmarole. The 1st time they came, it was on the wrong day & nobody was at home. I responded to the text immediately & said that I could be there in 30 minutes but the driver said they had already left the area. I made another appointment for last Friday (the least convenient day for me, but that's all they could offer me). I had my son go over & he waited all day. No call-no show. I sent an email & a text & heard back yesterday that they were going to call me in a few minutes. Never received a call. I would not recommend purchasing one of these plans as it is a major hassle trying to file a claim. I'll never purchase one again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I put in a claim for a broken recliner. I sent pictures. Filled out all the necessary paperwork and made all the necessary phone calls. The tech showed up without the parts to fix it. Told me the parts would arrive at my house. After waiting and calling Guardian after months they finally said they would replace the recliner. I waited for months for the email from Guardian. I called Bob's. They didn’t receive the credit after. A year they said the warranty expired. So did the credit. And they had no record of the claim or the messages between me and them. There’s a lot more to the story. It was over a year and I just found out today they will not be covering any of the pieces in my set. It’s a good warranty, but it’s a full time job from the time you put your claim in to the day they honor it. It was a complete nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Purchased a GPP plan for $170 to accompany a couch from Jerome's. Couch got a tear on the armrest corner. Because I did not fill out their form properly or in enough detail as to the individual event that caused the damage they denied the claim. Just as majority of the other reviews on this company it is a complete SCAM and waste of money. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

This company is a scam, don't waste your time purchasing a warranty from any furniture store that tries to give you this sales pitch. The company is very understaffed and it's extremely hard to reach a person over the phone the first 3 hours of the day they only have one person answering the phones. They will open a claim, approve the claim and send a tech to your home, but if the tech has to order any parts they will never fill the order and eventually close your claim as an ineligible repair. I've had 3 claims in and waited for months to get parts replaced and it has never happened. When you do reach a customer service rep they will apologize and give you some excuse and reopen the claim and the process starts all over again. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

This is as good as scams get. I made 3 claims, 3 perfectly valid claims, for 3 different things, and they'll be real flexible in what counts and what doesn't. Claims will never ever get approved. Save your money! This is the worst company and I keep believe they're legally still operating. What I hate is that an ok store, with an ok service like Bob's Furniture, convinces you and encourages you to use them, no one in my family will ever shop at Bob's, because they vouch this company, a total scam, a total fake dishonest insurance company on you.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information