2.88/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

510 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

This company is the most fraudulent company out there! Total scam!!! Worst customer service on the planet. I waited on hold for days and finally got ahold of someone, only to have them tell me they don’t cover “general cleaning” when the stains listed on my protection plan say they are covered! They just take your money and find any loophole they can to get out of actually cleaning your product. So dishonest! It makes me sick that there are companies like this and people who choose to work for them.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We've got Guardian Protection Product on an indoor furniture and we have called them for a service request because our kid got sick on the chair. I’ve used Guardian Protection before and they haven’t been a problem. It’s who they are working with that has been. Bob’s was awful. They gave us a cleaning kit when we had the protection plan and when we were at the store they told us to call Guardian and they would tell us how to use it. When I called Guardian they told me not to use it because they didn’t know which thing I would use on the chair. They also kept telling us that if we did something to it or if we tried to clean it, then the chair would be out of warranty. So we just had covered it up and just sit there and let it wait.

Bob's didn’t register our protection plan so we couldn’t do our clean for a month. Guardian tried to help me and Bob’s kept saying that they sent it and it’s Guardian’s fault. Then Guardian said that they never got it and gave us the information we need. So we kept giving it to Bob’s over and over again. There's one point they hung up on me twice in five minutes. I would absolutely never recommend Bob’s to anyone because they’re awful.

The service technician who got to our home was not the nicest either. He went over the stain and then he was telling me that we should have cleaned it and I said, “Okay. Well, when I spoke to Guardian, they told me not to.” He then cleaned it once and he was ready to go. He packed up all his stuff and I told him that there still is a stain on it. I also told him that I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, but we’ve had the chair in the house for less than a month so something’s got to be done there. He was really annoyed that he had to do it again. Guardian was good and they were very helpful, but between Bob’s and the technician, I wouldn’t make a claim unless I absolutely had to because it was too much.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I bought a three-year warranty from Guardian. And filing claims has been relatively easy. I just call and talk to somebody and not an automated system, which I appreciated. And then, they take my information so that they would share it with somebody and they would be reaching out to me when someone was in the area. I requested for a service after my two-year-old had an accident on the glider. And I heard back 48 hours later and somebody came by the next day.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I called Guardian regarding a scratch that was obtained by car keys on my nightstand. They took my claim over the phone, did not request pictures and denied it within 2 mins because I didn't say "deep gouges" I said it was scratched. This company is a fraud. It spent over $3,ooo.oo on furniture and over $300 on this protection plan that clearly states in the form that they will cover scratches. I'm furious and will go to the BBB.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought protection against anything that has to do with furniture damage and stains. When I had an issue, I looked at my warranty from the furniture company and it showed Guardian. I called them and it wasn’t the best experience. I gave them my statement on what happened to my furniture, how and when it happened. They took down the incident report and they said they would call me within a couple of days. They called me a week later but they just wanted to go over the original complaint so I gave them my statement again. They then said that I had to wait and that somebody would call to make an appointment to come to my house to do what they had to do with the furniture.

Guardian used an outside contractor and a gentleman by the name of Sal called me and scheduled an appointment to come to my house within a four-day period. Sal was in charge of the cleaning and he was pretty good, punctual, and thorough with his work. Guardian was all right too and they did their job. My only complaint was if I have some issues where my furniture has spillage, I'm gonna have to wait a week to 10 days for it to be resolved and that is a little bit too long. I figured everything would be done in a few days but the whole process took almost 10 to 12 days.

Other than that, one definitely needs Guardian. If you go spend $3,000 on couches, wouldn’t you wanna buy some kind of protection? If you have kids like two-year-olds running around with ice cream in their hand or if you are in a lot of traffic area, I would advise getting that kind of protection. And one has to keep in mind that if they can’t clean up their mess, they'd replace your furniture so it is a good protection. I never bought a protection in the years that I have had furniture for some reason. No one told me to get it. But I thought Guardian was very reasonable because I normally don’t buy warranties.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: April 6, 2018

My daughter’s dog peed on my sofa. I called Guardian Protection and my experience was great although it took a while to talk to somebody. I called one morning and didn’t get a call back until later in the afternoon the following day. Once the request was submitted, it was okay but I wish it would’ve been faster because it was a pet stain. It took a week for a technician to come out although once he got the go signal to come over, he was here fast.

I could’ve taken care of the stain myself but I figured I pay for the muscle so I should let them do it. At this point, it's like I pay this much for a guy to come out with a little steam cleaner or a little vacuum to spray some stuff and vacuum the stain off. He was very professional and he did a good job but there was nothing fancy about it. Overall, Guardian was not that expensive. Mainly for me, if I get a rip or something on my furniture, I had better get the protection just in case because Guardian covers a lot. But as far as the stain, I probably wouldn’t get the protection because I could just clean it myself.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a good experience with Guardian Protection. A cat peed on my sofa so I called for a service request. Their customer service representatives were pretty pleasant and helpful. They got me an appointment, and after a four business day wait, a technician came out who was courteous and took care of our sofa quickly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2018 Purchased 5 year warranty for $130.00 for my loveseat 3 months ago. Called Guardian 3 times. Each time, I had to leave a callback number and get a call back.

The first 2 calls they had a reason/excuse that I needed more information before I can report. 3rd call, I reported an unknown stain that looks like ink... Their response? Ink is NOT COVERED! Ink is covered on my Contract.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The Guardian Protection plan I've purchased was enough to meet my expectations. I also received a cleaning kit with it. And I think it was better when the lady came to clean the chair. When the chair was stained, I called and the lady came within a couple of days to get the stain out. It took two days for Guardian to dispatch a service tech. Also, the customer service rep was very nice and knew what to do. However, I'm still waiting for the guy to come to put some stuffing in the couches which I called for three weeks ago. That person has not called me back yet.

Original review: April 3, 2018

The fabric of my furniture got me to buy a Guardian Protection plan. The store gave me a cleaning kit, and the instructions were pretty self-explanatory, but it didn't work for the stain I had. I filed a claim for the stain and the customer service was good. The technician who came out went over the top with his service and he got everything taken care of.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We got a furniture protection plan from Guardian for the couch. When the neighbors’ baby peed on the couch, there was a little stain. We were going to try to take care of it ourselves for a minute there, but my wife said we got the warranty so we ended up with it. We called Guardian and the experience was fine. They answered right away and asked for a copy then I’ve emailed them the receipt and everything. Once they got it, I got an email right away that said they got it and they were really informative on a step-by-step process on when it was gonna happen. They called half an hour ahead of time which the technician said he was going to do so that worked out great.

Everything was fantastic, except for the big call window. The technician himself was like the cable guy when they were going to be here between 8:00 am and 5:00 so I had to take a whole day off for 15 minutes worth of work. They also just did the 5” x 5” spot literally. I get that it’s a warranty and they don’t want to spend any more time than they have to. But I thought they might do all three cushions while they were there. They took longer to set up all the stuff than to actually do the spot. It took him half an hour to drive here, 15 minutes to set all of the stuff up, 10 minutes to do the thing and then another five minutes to pack everything up. Other than that, they were really good.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We have a five year deal with Guardian Protection Products on all the furniture that we bought. We had a stain on one of the chairs and it was really hard to get through to Guardian. When we sent them all the information, they wrote back and that was all pretty good. They just have to make it easier for customers to get a hold of them. But once I got somebody, they were helpful. They sent a technician within a couple of days. But he said that they can't do it though and that the fabric needed to be replaced. And after that, nothing happened. It has been about two months and I’ve been waiting to hear back.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Horrible, horrible. Don't waste your money. They look for any detail to deny your claims. I spent $200 on insurance for a leather sofa. The seat started to slope. Simple, right? No they asked how long I had noticed this and I stated that it had developed over the last few months. They ask for a specific date and fed me the date two months ago. Bingo - claim denied. You must report any problem in 30 days. Ridiculous! A slow breakdown in stuffing doesn't happen in a single day. I asked to speak to a manager and they say they don't have one available. They will call back in the next 3 days.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2018

Feels like a scam. As a business owner, I understand the need to value consumers. Guardian Protection is not honoring the warranty I purchased through them for $700 furniture and is stating an exclusion, although we didn't receive any exclusion information at the point of sale (4 years ago).

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have Guardian Protection Products as my indoor furniture protection plan from the furniture store. They told me it's a plan that if I get a stain on a furniture, it will be cleaned for free. When ink bled through the furniture, I called them for a service request. They were friendly on the phone but it was really hard to get in touch with them. I had to spend more than 30 minutes every time I called just to wait to get someone to pick up the phone. But they dispatched someone within the week, which is fast, and they took care of the stain.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I contacted Bob’s and went through everything with them about Guardian coming. We have a furniture protection plan for five years and it was a great deal. We also got a cleaning kit and it was good stuff like no chlorine and it was very clear as to what was in the product. We've had them come to fix the couch. I called on a Monday and they came on a Wednesday. I really liked how fast they got back to me because I was expecting it would be a week later. And the guy was very nice and thorough when he cleaned it. I was extremely pleased with what was provided for me.

Original review: March 23, 2018

In 2016, my wife & I built a new home & furnished it with a $30,000 buy from Hanks fine furniture in Panama City, FL. Although I felt like the furniture protection plan was probably not the best use for an additional $2000 investment, we convinced ourselves that we might have a stain, rip or tear that would justify the cost down the road. Indeed, we developed a need. A guest with a small dog walked through some spilled red wine and then jumped up on our cream colored sofa leaving multiple footprints on the fabric.

Before I contacted them to file a claim I did a little research on this website as well as BBB. I became concerned that I might have bought into a scam, but decided to give it a try and push through the hours of waiting on hold. My claim attempt started with at 9 o’clock and took me only 3 hours to get a final determination… With the somewhat expected DENIAL of my claim. Their reason for this must have come out of the extra-fine print section of the contract. A very sweet girl informed me, “although we DO pay for repairs caused by animals soiling furniture, We do NOT cover damage caused by jaws, paws, claws and beaks”. Pretty clever, I thought, since the red wine fabric stains were created when a dog first stepped in spilled wine before hopping on the sofa-the use of his PAWS to deliver the red wine voided the claim... isn’t that RICH!?

It’s just the sort of response you would expect from a scam company like Guardian Protective Services. I was expecting to hear them come up with some way of weaseling out of payment, so I literally laughed out loud when I heard the VERY weak explanation. I have reaffirmed my belief that the primary goal of these guys is to Deny Everything Immediately & avoid giving back a dime if they can help it... and my experience with their fine print today really does show they can find creative ways to exclude coverage on almost everything. Do NOT buy a Guardian Protective Services plan-it is throwing your money away!

Original review: March 23, 2018

It's worth it to purchase a plan from Guardian Protection Products. My client’s La-Z-Boy recliner was covered by one and when the remote on her chair stopped working, I submitted a claim on her behalf. The customer service representative was great. Then, a service technician was dispatched here in two weeks. It was not a brand new chair but I was able to get it fixed for her.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Guardian Protection is good. I bought a plan from them which covers pretty much everything that happens to the furniture that I purchased. I called Guardian for a service request because I spilled something and I needed it cleaned. The rep handled my request well and in a timely manner. They sent a service technician after a week and a half. When they came to clean the spot that I spilled, the guy did a really good job. The plan I got met my expectations. I have used the cleaning kit that they gave me when I purchased the protection plan. I tried using it for the furniture cleaning but it didn’t work out. It left a stain and it dried up and then it looked like it’s wet even though it’s not.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 19, 2018

So I paid real money to these people from my bank account and got nothing but EMPTY PROMISES in return. What does that sound like? Yup, a scam. Pretty much the definition of a scam. If you buy furniture somewhere and they offer you a warranty from Guardian Protection, don't bother. Zero value, zero everything. Stay very far away! So here's my story: I told them I need to have someone come look at my powered loveseat (which I bought the plan for), because it is stuck in the open position.

They put me on hold, then came back to say they can't send someone out because the service call was "not approved". I asked them to get it approved. They said they cannot unless there was accidental damage. So I asked how they can verify if there's accidental damage or not without seeing the furniture, to which I was told, "sorry, but your case cannot be re-opened. You'll have to go to the manufacturer," knowing fully well manufacturer's warranties are another farce. These are old, scummy scam tactics; and, shame on Bob's Discount Furniture for giving them business.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 16, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa from Bob's and the representative recommended the GOOF PROOF protection plan. Fast forward a year later I noticed that the back frame of my sofa was cracked. I THOUGHT NO WORRIES. I HAVE GOOF PROOF... WRONG!!! I contacted Guardian and explained to them what was wrong with the sofa and they sent a tech to come look at the sofa. The tech was very polite and took lots of pictures and was very reassuring that everything would be fine and they would replace my sectional so he left and gave me a number to call for the claim. I called and spoke to a representative who told me there was nothing they could do for me because the damage was not due to a manufacturer’s defect and it was damaged cause by me.

So now I’m confused... I asked how did he determine that. What factors go into making that determination and she said, "I don’t know but our techs are trained to know". I would personally like to know how that’s determined and what’s the guideline of Making that determinations so I ask for a supervisor. She informed me that one would call me back, still haven't received that call. Long story short this protection Plan is a FLOP. I will never purchase one again. I advise you not to either. They get your money but don’t help you with any issue.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 13, 2018

Bought power reclining couches in May 2017. Sales rep talked us into buying warranty and of course being power reclining couch, loveseat, and oversized chair, we thought this was a good idea. Got the couches delivered and poor quality, had Mega Furniture bring out another one. Same issue so gave up and determined it was their quality. In beginning of November 2017, loveseat power recliner went out. Called Guardian and was asked to take pictures and send in copy of invoice. Of course since it's power issue pictures won't show anything but hey I get it, it's part of the process.

I send in the info November 15th as requested. I don't hear back until November 20th and the email says "Thank you for your photos and invoice. Your service request has been escalated to the examination dept. Please allow 15 business days from 11/20/17 for resolution." I hear nothing until December and the tech comes out and says he has to order a part.

Fast forward to January 24th and I email Guardian to ask what the status is. January 26th, all I get is a response from their email that says "we sent you this letter on January 22nd." The letter says replacement orders can take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I emailed back as this is insane that for couches I haven't even had for a year don't work and a warranty takes months to fix. I got ZERO response to my email. Not even an "I'm sorry, you're right, it has taken a long time." Nothing!!

Then I call Mega Furniture Friday March 2nd and the gal says, "You have to pick up the part." I was astounded! The girl said she'd call me back by Wednesday at the latest and no call. I call Thursday and she did apologize. I gave her all the info and she said she'd let the Guardian sales rep know how this has gone. So I pick up the part Monday like Mega furniture tells me to and she also said I should have heard from Guardian to set up appt. NOPE nothing!! I call today March 13th and the rep from Guardian was nice enough but then I get, "Ok. We'll set up a tech," and they have 7 to 10 days for the tech to set up the appt!

I have never ever seen such a crappy warranty service EVER!!! It takes literally MONTHS to get a repair taken care of! The rep with Mega furniture says that Guardian didn't even order the part until January 22nd when the tech had been out in December so why did it take over a month to order the part? Oh and I pick up the part and it's literally like 2 electric cords!! It takes months for this?? Plus you have to pick up the part and call Guardian back to set up appt. This should be where you call in the warranty and it is all taken care of along with them contacting you to send the tech out when the part arrives. Instead you contact Guardian for them to send tech, for tech to order part, for you to pick up part from furniture store, then call Guardian back to set up appt.

Literally the most inefficient warranty service I have ever seen. Horrible customer service and I am stuck with this now. I was completely blown away by lack of follow up and that I got no response from my email back in January. Had I read reviews on Guardian before I bought the furniture I most definitely would have made a different decision. So to sum up... I have had the furniture less than a year and part of it has not worked since November 2017 and we are in March 2018 with it still not fixed! Great warranty... NOT.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased Guardian Protection Products for my furniture and I've made the claims for my couch. The leather tore in my chair and the claim took about nine months to handle. It was horrible. We were in the process of buying a house and I gave my new address four different times down the furniture store. They said they would mail the leather out but they mailed it to my old house and closed the claim out. Every time I called back, they said they couldn't find the claim so it was ridiculous. I ended up having to get another chair, which they took care of but after 30 to 40 phone calls. I had another claim for the button of my recliner chair that wasn't working. It was an electric chair and it wasn't reclining. They came out and fixed it quickly.

Guardian's customer service reps were fine. However, they say they put notes into my account but there were never any notes for them to follow-up on so I would have to constantly explain myself over. Every rep also said they changed my address but then it was never changed so it was frustrating. And then, I had to wait on hold for 30 to 40 minutes to speak to someone so it was also frustrating. It was a long process but once I got someone on, they were good.

Original review: March 12, 2018

When I bought a furniture at La-Z-Boy, they offered a protection and being that the furniture was new and I watch my grandson during the day, I thought it would be best to have the protection. However, for whatever reason, a spill like even a drop of water, gets absorbed into the fabric. I kept going back to the furniture store and asking if it's supposed to, and they say that's the way it is. I always thought a protection would be kind of a sealant like Scotchgard. When I've had some milk spill, by the time I picked up the cup and got something to dab it with, the milk was already in the fabric. I took the cushions to La-Z-Boy so they could tell me why it was stained and they had no reason to be able to explain it. So they called Guardian Protection Products to set up a claim.

The gentleman from Guardian who came did a great job. While I was very satisfied as far as that goes, I'm very disappointed with La-Z-Boy on the products they're using. And nobody can give me a direct answer as to what kind of protection La-Z-Boy sprays on my sectionals' fabric. If it's just a fine mist, it's not protecting the fabric. But as for Guardian Protection Products, I would definitely recommend them. It was a good claim taken care of.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have an Indoor Furniture Protection Plan with Guardian and when I purchased it, I received a bottle that would take out the spots. One time, my sleeper couch had a stain that wouldn't come out. I couldn't take it out with the cleaner that they had given me originally even when I tried it a couple different times. So, I had them come and do it. Their customer service was good. The rep made the appointment right away and I set it up for a couple of days later. I would recommend Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We purchased leather reclining couches from American Furniture in 2014, sales associate strongly recommended the Guardian 5 years protection for $200. As new owners of highly priced couches we wanted to be sure everything is covered as they say it would. Well, it didn’t seem as easy when I called to report my couch was in disrepair. Few weeks ago our love seat recliner stopped closing back up. I explained all the details. The rep on the phone asked me for specific details of when and how it broke. I mentioned a small accidental tear on the other couch and she said that it wouldn’t be covered. I sent photos of everything as instructed including a copy of the invoice which I located thankfully to the text message provided. I haven’t received a response.

Few days later, I called and they informed me that they haven’t received the info. I double checked the number provided which was correct. Another rep gave me an email to submit my info to. I did that, they responded after 3 days stating that I should hear from someone within 15 days. We are on day 7 now, still haven’t heard back. This whole thing is already taking about 30 days. Very sad, don’t waste your money on this insurance. They probably won’t even come fix my couch.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 7, 2018

This insurance is scam! Do yourself a favor. Don't buy it! After one and half year ago I bought this reclining sofa bed and the color of the leather start peeling off and the product is not covered by the insurance!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 6, 2018

I have tried to make numerous claims regarding my furniture and were always denied. The most recent problem I tried reporting was that the spring on my couch is broken, causing it to rip my cushion when I removed it to clean. I clean my couch twice a week due to having children, so I know it happened sometime within the last couple of days. When I filed my claim, the representative gave me a response of it not being covered, even though my contract that was emailed to me by the representative herself, states that “Structural or component failure due to normal residential use that results in the breakage of frames, mechanisms, welds, swivel bases, recliner handles and assembled joints, component mechanical and electrical failures such as defective motors, massagers, vibrating units and heaters.”

The subcategory states that the fabric comprehensive plan includes: frames, springs, and sleeper, reclining, inclining, heating, and vibrating mechanisms will be covered after the manufacturer’s warranty. There should be no reason for this company to deny this claim. In fact, not only am I upset about the poor handling of the claims, but this has turned into a safety hazard for my children.

If one of my kids accidentally slides into the couch, they could easily put their foot through the spring that is sticking up. Guardian needs to stand by their service and not turn customers away when trying to get a simple problem fixed. The armrest on the same couch has buckled from normal wear and tear use, and again, they claim they “do not cover this.” I will never again purchase their insurance, nor shop from a store that sells it. It is a shame you spend all this money for a service and then they refuse to help you when there is a problem.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My cousin, Sonja, got the Guardian Indoor Furniture Protection Plan for any soil or even bodily fluid on the recliner. My aunt, who is an elderly, had an accident and the stain on the recliner came through her depends. I called Guardian for a service request, and the reps were really efficient. They were courteous, didn't interrupt, listened, and got someone out there right away. I was excited about how easy it was. It took two days for Guardian to dispatch a technician, and the guy who came out did a really good job of cleaning that chair. It was really fast and amazing. I appreciate everything. Guardian came through and went above our expectations. The recliner is in great condition right now, and we are extremely satisfied with Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Someone spilled sawdust on my couches and they had blood stains too. Filing a cleanup request from Guardian Protection Products was a very pleasant and easy experience. The rep just had quick questions and I did not have to look anything up with some of the purchases as she had everything on the account. Guardian sent out a tech in about two weeks. I would tell my friends to get Guardian Protection Products.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs