2.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

712 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

During the first part of October, our daughter was here. She was in the loveseat and put it up and down. Then we went to use it in the morning and the left side wouldn’t work. We didn’t know what happened. I knew we had the protection plan and so I went to the outlet store, but they said they couldn’t help and gave me the name to call. It was the wrong company though and I went back again. Then they changed the service plans of the company and the help wasn’t really happy. They finally got ahold of Guardian Protection Products, which was the company that fixed the loveseat. It went fairly smoothly, after quite a bit of time.

From when I filed the claim to when somebody came out, it took over a month. A lady from Minneapolis came and did an excellent job. She was very qualified, knowledgeable and even had a sense of humor. We tipped the loveseat over and her first response that it was really serious. Then she smiled and said that tie strap underneath had come unplugged. The tie strap underneath was too tight against the spring, so it unplugged itself after the loveseat was put up and down I don’t know how many times. She was surprised herself. I could’ve done it myself but I didn’t know what was wrong. I expected the motor or the electronics to be out. I’m glad we had Guardian Protection Products. I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I’m very happy that my family and I had purchased the Guardian protection plan. It’s very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone who gets furniture. It’s important to have protection plans because things do happen. Our couch bed had pet stains on it and when I filed the request, the people I dealt with were very helpful and professional. They wanted to make sure that I had the protection plan and they gathered all the information that they needed from me. They were also very detail-oriented. They wanted to know the detail of what the problem was so I explained what my problem was and what I would like to see happen. Then they explained that they would try to take care of the problem and if not, then they would replace the couch bed.

My concern was that the service technician would take long. I was trying to prevent it from being a situation where the couch bed would need to be replaced. But the service technicians came after two days of the call and I was glad because the couch bed could’ve been soiled. When I opened the door, they introduced and identified themselves. I asked them what they were gonna do and they explained the process. Initially, they were gonna try to take care of this thing and see if they can correct the problem as opposed to trying to just replace something. They gathered information to find out what actually happened. Then they explained to me what they were gonna do in cleaning it. They were polite, friendly, professional and very helpful in explaining part of the process.

I also watched them. They were using some of the equipment and they explained what they were gonna do. They got the stain out and I haven’t smelled anything. So I feel confident with the Guardian protection plan. In fact, I’m gonna give them another call because I need my table tightened. Some of the screws came out and it’s under the protection plan as well.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When we got the couch from Levin, we purchased the Guardian Protection warranty and what they told me was that any time we needed the couch cleaned if there was a stain we couldn’t get out, that we could call the warranty number and they would come out. And if they couldn’t get the stain out, then they would replace the cushion. We had an ink stain and a blood stain on the couch. My husband talked to Guardian Protection reps and the experience was fine, although he wasn’t aware that nowhere in our agreement does it say that we have to call within 30 days of the stain. So, when he first talked to the rep, she said it didn’t matter what the date was of the stain. And then after he told her when the stains happened, she said, “Oh, we’ll only come and take the blood stain out because that’s the one that’s happened within 30 days.” So, that was a bit frustrating.

The rep showed my husband a copy of the warranty and the warranty that she had was different than the one that I had seen originally three years ago when we bought the couch. It didn’t say anything about replacing cushions. It’s just that they will come and remove the stain. The technician came out three days from when my husband called, which wasn’t bad, and he cleaned the couch well and got the stain off. So, that was good. When we purchased the warranty, the only thing that I got was the protection spray that we could spray on the couch. But when we called to have the couch cleaned, they mailed us a stain removing kit. So far, our overall experience was good. The person who came and cleaned was efficient and did a good job. It's worth it to have the Guardian Protection plan.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We purchased the fabric protection plan from Guardian Protection Products. It was the option that was given to us from the retailer Bath & Beyond when we purchased the chair. They said that they highly recommend it and told us to get it. We had an accident and our baby vomited on the chair that we had purchased, so Guardian came and fixed it. However, the most stressful part of filing a request was getting them on the phone. When we called, someone answered right away and we went to the automated system.

After I told that I wanted a new claim, someone answered after a few minutes saying, "Do you have a new claim?" I said yes but then I was put on hold for about an hour, and over an hour on the second time. They had an option to put my number in queue and an automated system put my number in queue and they called me back when it was my turn. I appreciated that, but it was odd to me that someone could answer the phone and confirm that I have a new claim to file but did not take my claim.

The reps were friendly and they were trying to get my process filed via email. They asked for information like my plan number, policy number, and proof purchase, but they couldn't find me in their system. But after that, they called me back and it was smooth sailing. It didn't take too long for the gentleman to come. But getting the claim started was a little hectic and I wished they would have answered their phone quicker. They called me back 10 minutes before their service closed on a Friday, and I didn't like it. The only thing to make it a much better experience is to have the ability to process the claim sooner and allow me to do it via email.

The people who answered the phone were genuinely helpful in trying to get my claim processed faster and the one guy who came was excellent and very helpful. He was very kind, he worked fast and he answered questions that we had about the product that he was using. He was wonderful. It was in our baby's room so we wanted to make sure that anything we're using there is non-toxic and eco-friendly. I would definitely recommend Guardian Protection Plan and I will purchase it again if I needed to. I would also tell my friends to get it. Guardian took care of the problem and it was a reasonable warranty to get, considering that our purpose was for a child where accidents are going to happen on furniture.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Guardian was 50 bucks and the people at the store said that if our chair gets a stain and it can't come out, they'd replace the thing. However, my experience with their CS was super annoying at first because I let the phone ring for an hour before I finally pushed the button to request a callback. It was during my kid's nap time and I figured if I request a callback, they'll call when my kids are awake so I thought, "Oh, I'll just stay on the line." I waited on for an hour and I was like, "Is this place a joke?" I looked them up online and they don't have great reviews. They called back but it took a little while, which is fine. Although I assumed that they would have more representatives than they did answering phone calls.

The tech came on a Monday and I called Guardian Thursday so it didn't take a while. A lady called me to schedule whoever they used to clean that afternoon. The lady told me from 12 NN to 2 PM and she said he'll probably be closer to 1 PM. The tech was there early, which was at 11:50 AM but it was fine. I wasn't at home yet, but he called and was patient, and we were five minutes away. I'm planning to call them back because I don't think the stain came all the way out. The technician told me to call them back if it doesn't come out. I just haven't had the time to with the holiday. Getting in touch with them was a little difficult, but the experience was okay. Just save all the documentation because you have to have all of that. Like a receipt, when you purchase the product and when it was delivered. You have to have all of that information for your claim to be processed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: June 23, 2019

Me and my wife bought two pieces of furniture over 3k in value and one of the recliners was accidentally damaged during a power outage. My wife filed a claim and was denied saying it wasn’t accidental. Then she spoke to two other reps who told her it was under accidental but since the original claim was setup wrong it’s saying it can’t be done? What kind of company isn’t able to override their own system? Looking into contacting higher up management because this is ridiculous.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Bought insurance, made a claim on a VERY expensive sofa, and was informed I was not covered: Claim Number: ** Guardian Protection Products has processed the claim to your furniture. The damage you have reported is not eligible for coverage under your protection plan. The plan you purchased from Florida Leather Gallery does cover your furniture for various damages to your furniture however your plan states foam loss is specifically excluded from coverage. Responses to this email are not received.

Original review: June 20, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. I bought my sectional couch from American Freight 2 years ago (mistake #1).The sales guy reassured me this extra protection plan from Guardian would cover ANY accidental rips, cuts, tears, etc. Which is completely false. I was vacuuming my couch with a vacuum attachment. I was not aware until after the fact that the attachment put little cuts on the couch. I contacted Guardian, sent pictures, followed their protocol. And of course I was denied. Their reasoning was that it was considered an “Unauthorized Cleaning.” This company will find any way to discredit your claim. Such a scam, this company needs to be investigated further.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2019

Bought a recliner from Bob's in 2017. Bought something called the "Goof Proof" plan too. In 2019, recliner malfunction (wire for headrest cut in two while easing back). Bob's denied repair, Goof proof denied too. Called Guardian, long phone call explaining situation; they took my info, and said they'd make a determination. Result? Denied! They said: "We don't cover the electrical components such as wiring. We cover the frame issues if there was a frame breakage." Then why make me explain my whole wiring problem? Just tell me up front and I'll go away! Bottom Line? Avoid Bob's, Avoid Goof Proof, don't buy a protection plan unless you have a lawyer with you.

Original review: June 12, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. We bought a couch a year ago from Bob's Furniture and the seller told us that adding Guardian Protection is the way to go--covers any accidental damage from pet or human. A month ago my dog scratched the couch, I called Guardian, they said, "Send pictures and wait to hear from us." 3 weeks later - still nothing. I emailed pictures again and I called again and they said - “You'll hear from us later today.” Another 3 days later I called again since didn't hear from them and they told me my claim is actually denied. They don't cover pet damage. So I wonder if they don't, why they didn't tell me first time I called and why would they lead us to believe they cover anything just to sell you the protection plan but then find reason not to do anything. Very disappointed. It's total scam and you're better off not even bother with them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

I filed a claim with Guardian in April 2019. It is now June 2019 and the issue is still not resolved. They look for ways to deny your claim as they give ridiculous and tedious instructions so that the customer can easily make a mistake in their response. If you misspeak or don't get something to them exactly as they say, they will deny your claim. Do not buy Guardian furniture insurance. No customer service or resolution was offered even after several emails and phone calls.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Purchased living room and bedroom set and was pushed on the $99 insurance was told that "why wouldn't you get it? They cover anything over the next 5 years and if they can't fix it then they will replace it". Well needless to say "Guardian Protection Products has processed the claim to your furniture. The damage you have reported is not eligible for coverage under your protection plan. The plan you purchased from American Freight does cover your furniture for accidental rips, cuts, punctures however your plan states foam loss and separation of the seams is specifically excluded from coverage. The plan also excludes hardware damage and is not covered under your plan."

EXCLUSIONS TO COVERAGE. “Loss of foam resiliency; pilling, fraying or loosening of threads on upholstery; seam slippage or separation;” "Plastic or metal parts, such as hinges and drawer slides, bolts, staples and screws are excluded from coverage". So accidents are covered but bad design and a crappy product is not.

Original review: June 7, 2019

After being sold my sofa and chair, I got the 5 year protection plan. Covers stains, faulty foam (if it goes flat) etc.. Well after filing a claim they pointed out they cover nothing. My couch sagged and droopy in spots, chair got a stain. They did nothing. I advised them to call the store and "shop" them, ask them about their product, what does it cover and tell me the response. They again did nothing, not caring how many people get screwed by the salesperson trying to make the $10 commission. Guardian Protection only wants your $$, doesn't care how it gets it. "SORRY, BLAME THE STORE, NOT OUR FAULT."

After being sold my sofa and chair, I got the 5 year protection plan. Covers stains, faulty foam (if it goes flat)Etc..Well after filing a claim they pointed out they cover nothing. My couch sagged and droopy in spots, chair got a stain they did nothing. I advised them to call the store and "shop" them, ask them about their product, what does it cover and tell me the response. They again did nothing, not caring how many people get screwed by the salesperson trying to make the $10 commission. Guardian Protection only want's your $$, doesn't care how it get's it. SORRY, BLAME THE STORE, NOT OUR FAULT

Original review: June 7, 2019

We purchased the protection plan for a leather sofa and two side chairs. After less than a year the sofa was showing signs of wear in the seat and foot rest area. I filed a claim with Guardian and it was denied. Nothing caused this condition other than normal usage. Fast forward another year and the two side chairs have holes wearing in the seats. So again I filed a claim only to be denied yet again. I had documented pictures, all of my receipts and copies of the protection plan. It has been a total waste of $299. Would never purchase this product again.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This company is horrible! I got a protection plan from them through Jerome's Furniture (who has ceased doing business with them). I had a number of small damage spots on two pieces of bedroom furniture. I sent them pictures and explained what happened. All damages were deemed ineligible. What is the point of paying for a protection policy if it doesn't cover anything??? Total waste of money! Don't buy a plan from these crooks!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 31, 2019

I bought 2 Loveseats from Ashley Furniture Store for over $4000.00. I also bought the extended warranty from Guardian. The motor went out on the foot part of one of the Loveseats. I called Guardian on the 18th of January 2019 and reported the problem and told them EXACTLY what part I needed. (The same part on the other Loveseat had gone out a few months before, took Ashley Furniture Store 3 weeks to get the part and get someone out here to put it on), so as I said, I KNEW what part to ask for when I called the first day about THIS Loveseat.

Took 2 weeks to get approved, but then they began to put me off and and I went back and forth with first one then the other. I FINALLY got the part on April 29th and Guardian told me to call them back when I got the part and they would send someone out to put it on. I called them THAT DAY, the 29th of April and they went back and forth and the guy FINALLY came today, May 31st and put it on. Took them 4 1/2 MONTHS to get this fixed. NO EXCUSE what's so ever. 27 phone calls and 7 emails. If I had read the reviews first, I never would have taken the extended warranty. NO ONE should have to go through this to get people TO DO THEIR JOB!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

I had a bad experience with Bob's Furniture. I bought furnitures for over $7,000 and added protection to all piece of furnitures, being said I know I have 3 children and accidents happens in life. My son decided he wanted to open the crazy glue and while he tried to do that, it squirted all over my couches. Not on purpose of course by accident. The crazy glue has caused peeling to the couch. I was told by the store by multiple staff if anything happens I would be covered. Little did I really know. I called Guardian about the furniture. They said it's not covered.

In my protection plan it clearly stated the protections I had. As far as leather I am covered under "Leather standard" - Stains covered by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans; mold and mildew stains caused by food or beverage spills; stain caused by human or pet bodily fluids; grass, grease, ballpoint pen ink, iodine, nail polish, cosmetics, lipsticks, crayon, and shoe polish. Rips, cuts, punctures, or burns from a single relatable occurrence. "Leather Comprehensive 1" - Breakage of frames, springs, and sleeper, reclining, inclining, heating, and vibrating mechanism will be covered after the manufacturer's warranty has expired. "Leather plus 4" - All stains.

My warranty with the manufacturer has ended, and still can not receive help with this and I spent a lot of money on furnitures that's not guaranteed to last me over 2 years. That's terrible. I wish I knew I would have never purchased from Bob's and affiliated myself with Guardian! I personally would NOT recommend Bob's Furniture if they are using Guardian product as their insurance third party! Please don't just waste your money. If you want a furniture to last for 3 years and so on go to Raymour or Ashley's. Go some place else. I'm highly VEXED! I wasted 7k and I am still paying for furnitures that's not even good. Do not lie to consumers just to make a sale!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Paid almost 3K for a sectional couch with the Guardian 5 year protection warranty. A piece of wood broke on my recliner chair which made the cushion rip apart. Guardian replaced the wood but would not replace the cushion on the recliner because that is only covered for the first year of purchase. To me Guardian just don’t want to replace the recliner to save themselves money. I do not recommend Guardian when it comes to replacing sections of a couch when your warranty is about to expire! They will do the maintenance but will not replace anything if your warranty is about to expire. Would not use them again when I purchase a new sectional couch in the near future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2019

We bought about $5k in furniture at Ashley and was told by the sales rep. we would have the ability to replace any tears or issues with the couch and other items. We found tears in the couch that happen due to our kids and was told that is normal wear and tear that is not covered? The customer's service while taking the claim was the worst... The lady changed my terminology so that it would be rejected and long story short I WILL NEVER PAY FOR THIS AGAIN. I have been duped into paying for an insurance policy that was told would be basically a no questions asked policy if I just report the damage within 30 days... I did! They will turn any situation into a way of not paying the claims.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My grandson threw up on the couch and Guardian Protection sent someone to clean it a couple of days after the call was made. I’ve used them in the past on various things that I bought, like furniture sets and the protection plan has been good.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased this plan 7/10/2017. I made 2 claims and was denied for both. The customer service department is rude as well. They don't do what the plans says it covers. If you buy furniture DO NOT USE GUARDIAN!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Bought a Guardian Protection plan (five years) for furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture. Plan was to cover mechanical as well as other damages done by accident. Ends up that their definition of accident is a confusing/misleading series of nonsense questions. I filed a claim about a mechanical issue on a recliner and it was refused based on their interpretation of what an accident is. Their customer service is dismissive, rude and condescending. I followed up their email refusal with a phone call where I was put thru a CSI type interrogation. Got an email denying the claim again with a closing note "Thanking me for being a valued Guardian customer." Stay away from this scam.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Guardian Protection Products is such a waste of money. I've made three claims and two out of the three have been denied. Still waiting to hear from them regarding the third claim. What is the point of purchasing the warranty or protection plan if Guardian isn't going to do anything to service you? It seems like they only respond to reviews with 5 stars. How about responding to and helping those who give the product or service a low rating.

I purchased a leather recliner sofa in 2015. The first claim I filed in 2018 because the reclining mechanism wasn't working properly. Guardian denied my claim stating the claim was ineligible for service and never provided details to back up their decision. So here I am with a chair that won't recline properly and makes noises when it does recline. I filed another claim and was told by Guardian that my claim was deemed ineligible because I filed a previous claim. Guardian is full of crap! I am so annoyed. Not only are they damaging their reputation but they are also damaging Bob's Furniture reputation as well. I will never in my life purchase another piece of furniture from that store.

Original review: May 4, 2019

After my animal urinated on our sofa, I submitted a claim with Guardian Protection Services. The filing process was easy and it went very well. They emailed me. A guy then came after a week. He only took 15 minutes so I don't know if he did a good job or not. The smell was reduced, but my husband still feels like the sofa smells. I would get back to Guardian to see if they can send someone again and maybe this time around, it'll be perfect.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have filed a claim for my chairs which got damaged due to utility knife by my son. We keep it up this utility knife upon where he cannot reach for Amazon packages. He went on sofa armrest and grab a utility knife and start playing on the chair cushion - which damage two chairs. We reach out to claim department they did not the owner the claim - they said its a not accidental one time damage. We only cover one-time accidental damage. This is just ridiculous!!!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased a protection plan for our sleigh bed frame since it only had a 1 year warranty. The frame we bought is heavy and bulky and sturdy and should have never had an issue but we bought the insurance just in case. When I filed my claim I told them "I sat down on the bed, and the frame gave out. I basically fell to the floor on the mattress. The rails came apart from the side."

This is the email I received..."** Claim Number: **. Guardian Protection Products has processed the claim to your furniture. The damage you have reported is not eligible for coverage under your protection plan. The plan you purchased from MORRIS FURNITURE INC does cover your furniture for breakage of wood. However your plan states all damages must be relatable to an accidental occurrence. While we understand that this damage occurred from a single incident, the incident is not classified as an accident. An accident is defined as an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for being a very valued Guardian customer and have a wonderful day."

The have a wonderful day part is a great line when declining someone's claim. WTF and "relatable" is not a word. Nice job, even spell check caught it. They directly contradict themselves here, telling me my incident aka unfortunate accident doesn't qualify because it wasn't an accident? They just defined an incident as an unfortunate accident. Long story short, don't buy this coverage. Not worth it. Our frame is just beyond 1 year since we bought it and now I get to fix it myself. This company will not stay in business working like this. I will no longer buy from Morris Furniture nor any company with the name Guardian for that matter. BOL moving forward with your racket and scams. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Purchased two recliners and a sofa from Bob’s Discount Furniture 9/9/17. Paid $129.99 for a 5-year warranty that is to repair or replace. I noticed recently that the recliner that is used more frequently is beginning to peel/strip. Called the store where it was purchased and was directed to file a claim with Guardian Protection Products, Inc. They responded by saying that they do NOT cover rips, tears, etc. Their website clearly states that they do! Well, I am not going away quickly or quietly... Social media will give them all the attention they deserve. It amazes me how they have an A+ rating with BBB, with all the complaints leveled against them. They need to honor their words and begin to do right by people otherwise they should be put out of business!

Original review: April 27, 2019

PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME WITH THIS SO CALLED INSURANCE COMPANY!! After months (starting in March) of saying they’d be here (4 times we sat home all day without a call from tech- ) and after several calls and complaints to where we bought the furniture- they finally sent a sub contractor who walked in with a spray bottle and rag saying “I’ve got to at least tell them I wiped it (probably so he’d get paid) take some pics and write a report and left! Very unprofessional that’s for sure!! VERY IMPORTANT: Read their fine print!! Don’t waste your money on GUARDIAN- go buy yourselves a good meal instead- you’ll feel a lot better!!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We purchased a sleeper sofa and it has Guardian Protection Products as a feature offered with our purchase so we decided to take advantage of it. Accidents happen and we thought that if there’s something that we couldn’t clean on our sofa, we might as well get a professional to do it. Then our dog made a boo-boo and it just did it on the sofa and we wanted it cleaned up. Guardian dispatched a service technician within a week. I have a comment about the guy though. We asked him if he could address other portions of the sofa and he said no because he got other appointments to go to but he will do it if we give him 30 dollars. We were bothered that he tried to swindle us for some money. It’s horrible that he represented Guardian.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My puppy peed on the couch. Since the couch came with a Guardian warranty, I filed a claim with them. The process of submitting the claim was fine and everything happened quickly. In less than a week, the techs came. They were very professional, but one thing that I was worried about was that they only cleaned the cover of the cushion. Well, after the accident, I took the cover of the cushion - which a feather cushion - off right away and it was wet. The pee saturated it. I asked them about that and they told me that they don't clean cushions, only the fabric on it. So while the fabric looks good, I don’t really feel like the cushion part itself is very clean. A guy told me that he would take note of that and that he would let the company know, but I'm still not using that cushion.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs