Mrs. Gilmore,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I've had good luck with Guardian Protection Products. The plan I purchased from them was for the sofa, wherein they'll come out and clean it if there's any soils or anything on it. I was also given a cleaning kit with the purchase. I've already requested service from them twice where one was when my dog got sick on the couch and the other one was when my couch got stained with food. The service rep I spoke with was very good and the technicians who came were very quick. But they respond quicker with any kind of bodily fluid. I got a call for the dog mishap, either that day or the next day while for the food stain, it was within a day or two. It was a very positive experience and I would certainly do it again with Guardian. The protection plan has in every way met my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

We purchased leather furniture at a local store and purchased the Guardian Protection Plan. They are refusing to cover the damage from "accidental stains caused by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans" as stated in the warranty. This is a legitimate issue with the furniture and exactly why I purchased this plan. We have three young children and try as we might, things happen. I am so angry I am shaking after speaking with two service reps and a manager on the phone. I am going to work through my local store and hope that they can help me get this fixed. I now want a pro-rated refund from Guardian and would advise any consumer against purchasing this plan. I haven't been this disappointed or felt this tricked in a long time. Guardian, you are making some very unhappy customers and I am going to do my best to share my story to warn other consumers. I really feel tricked by this company and am extremely angry.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My two-year old son spilled his bottle of milk on the couch. We tried the solution we got from Guardian when we bought the protection plan and it did not work on the stain. We called Guardian and the technician came within a couple of days. It looked like a simple stain but he put a lot of sweat into it. He spent over an hour and ten minutes to remove it. The protection plan did exactly what it's supposed to do.

Resolution In Progress

Purchased an two piece sectional from Bob's Furniture in October of 2013. The chaise piece all of a sudden developed a collapsing of the cushioning in the corner of the set. I soon realized it was not the stuffing of the cushion, but a piece of strapping which held the frame together had broken. I called Bob's Furniture who sent out a tech. His determination was there was no manufacturer defect. I had purchased Goof Proof through Guardian. I called Guardian and was asked if I knew how it happened. I did not. Due to this statement, they deemed it was not an accident and sent me back to Bob's. Bob's still refuses to fix or replace the piece. Shameful!! Seriously, it has to be one or the other people!!! Someone needs to fix this!!! My next stop is the Better Business Bureau to report them!!

Called and spoke with Ronda 4.25.17 about an accident that happened 4.22.17 and was told because there was a "pre existing incident from back in December it won't be covered." Are you freaking serious??? This has got to be a joke. This is a disgrace and I'm completely upset that it's not covered although I purchased accidental insurance. This company is a complete ripoff and I don't understand how they are still in business and have the rating they have on BBB with over 333 complaints against them. I won't let this go, either replace my furniture that is broken or refund the money I paid for protection plan!!!

My husband and I purchased a power recliner loveseat with console in February of this year (2017). On Friday, April 21st I noticed two tears in the back cushion of the right arm facing section. After reading the terms of my Five Year Goof Proof Protection Plan, I called to file a claim. I gave the representative my information and explained what happened. I was told that anything I said could not be changed after it was stated, which I thought was odd. Well...apparently that is how they get you! Because I did not state that I visually saw how the damage occurred, they told me it was not covered. I have never heard of such a thing in my life!!! If a car hits a telephone pole and no one sees it, is it not still an "ACCIDENT"???

Just another way to screw their customers. I called Bob's Discount Furniture to ask why they recommended such a crap company to provide insurance to their customers and the Manager/Supervisor did not have an answer. She only replied with the standard customer service jargon. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM BOB'S FURNITURE AGAIN, NOR WILL I EVER BUY INSURANCE FROM GUARDIAN!!! I also see many other complaints about the same issue on this site. Do you think maybe someone will do something about the issue???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Guardians Protection Plans are terrible... they say that the cover any tears, rips, or holes but in actuality they really don't. I completely wasted $130 on a warranty that doesn't really cover anything because they can deny your claim for any reason. Even from the very beginning of the process it was a headache. When I first made my claim I was told by a representative that I would get a call back in two weeks after they reviewed my claim, but I never received a call. So I called back and was told that my claim was denied because the tear was excessive... when it was literally just one square piece that was torn from the couch.

I tried to explain to the supervisor that due to the pressure of when someone sat down on the couch the whole back panel tore but they were not willing to hold up to their end of the deal. It felt as if they were accusing me of lying or that I damaged my furniture purposely to receive money when all I want is to replace my love Seat not even my full sized couch. Not to mention that the customer service in the call center itself is horrible. I was hung up on twice by two separate supervisor and when I asked to speak to a manager higher up they told me there was no one else to speak to. After arguing with them they finally agreed to have their manager call me back but they didn't even wait for me to give them my updated contact number before they tried to hang up on me again. The supervisors were so rude I highly doubt they will even send the request to the manager.

I've never received such terrible customer service in my whole entire life, and even though I completely followed their process to submit my claim that was completely within their written guidelines it was still denied. After getting the runaround for several hours I finally gave up. Not only did I waste 3 hours of my life trying to submit my claim, I am also out 375 for the love seat and 130 for the cost of the protection plan. I highly advise anyone and everyone to not even waste their breath or time purchasing a protection plan from this company. Even if you have a legitimate claim they will find any reason to deny your claim.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Feliciano,

Unfortunately, your furniture protection plan requires that damages be reported to Guardian within 30 days of the accidental staining or damage occurrence. If you would like a prorated refund per the plan terms and conditions, please email refunds@guardianproducts.net. Please provide your service request #5878973 in the subject line.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I bought a sofa bed from Bob's furniture store in October 2015. I also purchased the Goof Proof insurance plan. Within 8 months the bed frame separated from the frame of the sofa and there is a tear on the center cushion. I was told by Bob's that the separation is a warranty issue and I should contact Guardian for repair. I contacted Guardian and was told that it is not a warranty but a manufacturer issue. I also told them about the tear on the cushion and was told I should have put in a claim as soon as it happened and waited too long so the claim was denied. Guardian has too many ways out of honoring the claim, they will find a way to not honor the claim or put the blame on the store it was purchased from. I will never shop at Bob's again and will warn everyone I can about the poor service and bad practices the store and Guardian have.

Factual basis uncertain

Our 3 year old sofa set has frame damage. They say they only cover stains. Why in the world would I have bought a warranty that only covered stains on my set that is so dark brown it is basically black? This was a ripoff. I will be buying my own protection plan going forward on my new set that is NOT Guardian.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 18, 2017

After writing this review and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I was able to get some resolution. A very kind lady by the name of Dusty, called me from Guardian. She had me send pictures of the tear as well as an overall picture of our furniture. The very next day she called me first thing in the morning to let me know that they would take care of it. After a few days they notified me that they were just going to replace the armless recliner that was damaged. The Room Place then called me to schedule a time for delivery. I do wish that the company would have done this from the beginning without me having to file complaints and go through all the tears and anger, but I am relieved that they have finally took care of the chair and then went above my expectations by giving us a whole new replacement.

Original review: March 29, 2017

On the morning of 3/29/2017, I noticed that there was a tear in the one of pieces (the armless electric recliner) of our sectional. We originally bought the sectional on August 18, 2016 and bought warranty coverage from The Room Place. I called Guardian later that day at around 3:30 PM central time. I gave them the details about finding the approximate 2 inch tear and they asked me how the tear got there. I told them I didn't know. It was the chair that my husband sat in and I wasn't sure what had happened but I had just noticed it this morning when folding the blanket on the couch.

The gentleman that I spoke to submitted the claim and it came back denied because I couldn't tell them how the tear had happened. The warranty states that accidental rips, cuts, punctures, or burns from a single relatable occurrence are covered. I paid over $500 for this warranty and am horrified that they denied my claim on a small technicality. This is extremely poor business practice. How can someone watch their furniture all day to know exactly what happened to it. Absolutely absurd!

The warranty that they offer is crap. Bought warranty on new sofa from Jerome’s. Had an issue with it where the frame came out of the wood. Called Guardian in January, took 2 months to finally get them out to look at it. Had a tech come out saying that they saw the problem, and that it was covered. Was told that a tech would call set up time and day to fix it. They never called so when I called a week later to find out when they would be there to fix it. Still they never called and sent a letter saying they are denied the claim because they feel it was normal wear. I called to talk to a supervisor and was told that they will not do anything about it. The only thing that you warranty covers is the wood frame if it breaks, even though the frame is broken. But not enough for them to take action. The warranty that you buy is crap. You have to fight them to have anything done. Don’t waste your money.

SCAM! FRAUD! Don't waste your money on Guardian Protection, buy your own independent warranty. We had a 2 week old leather couch set and the electric recliner had a rip across the back. Guardian DECLINED to cover (we spent $1000 for this warranty) Stating that "no one saw what actually happened so it is determined an unknown occurrence which is not covered under the warranty". One of our kids probably scraped it across the wall... that should be covered!!! They will play semantics games with you all day long. They try and get out of covering damn near anything. They are a scam and they just want your money and they will not help you when you need it the most. The manager PAIGE was less than helpful and rude. This company needs to be shut down.

Mr. Ford,

Original review: March 28, 2017

There were stains on the living room set because of my grandson. I contacted Guardian, and they called me back in about a week. The customer service rep that I dealt with was very good. The two guys that they sent out to do the job were very experienced. They got all the stains out, and did a great job.

When speaking with the representative they stated be very specific and exact on what you say in your wording. The service or complaint being submitted was a fabric warranty on a couch. When asked where the area affected was I stated near the seam on top of the cushion. They immediately said, "Oh, your coverage doesn't include seams separation." It was explained to them that there was fabric on both sides of the opening and it was a fabric tear and the stitching was still intact. They repeated again since it was near a seam it wasn't covered. They didn't even ask for a photo of the damage. I'm extremely disappointed in the service, "call wait time" and the outcome. I would be willing to bet they hardly if ever issue a claim. Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't owned by the furniture store somehow.

Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for your positive review of your experience with Guardian. We are pleased to hear that the process was "easy" and that we could meet your expectations!

Original review: March 17, 2017

Guardian Protection Products did a good job. For some reason, our table cracked and the rep I talked to was pretty good about it. The process was easy. They asked for pictures so I sent it to them and told them about what happened. They sent a technician two weeks before they even called me back. Once they came up with whether to replace or pay for it, it was quick. But until then it was slow. Other than that, Guardian's protection plan for accidental damage met our expectations. All in all, it was a fairly decent experience.

I purchased expensive leather furniture and was offered furniture protection. Of course I bought the protection offered from Guardian. It clearly states that it covers punctures in the leather. So I discovered a small puncture in my recliner. I contacted Guardian 2 weeks ago and today I got a letter saying they don't cover the damage. Scam. Do not buy this plan ever. I want my money back. They did the very same thing to my daughter for her sofa. How can you allow this company to continue to scam people?

I called to make a claim on my furniture. One of my kids, within the last 2 week, scratched our leather couch and it has a 4-6 inch scratch and is peeling. Then the kids, within the last 3 weeks, have caused 5-6 rips along our leather on our bench that goes with our kitchen set. After filing the claim, it was ALL denied. They say scratches are not covered, well that's not what we were told. Each person I spoke to at Ashley Furniture say that scratches should be covered. And as for the rips along the bench, those aren't covered either because they're not accidental. So, seriously, kids digging knees into the bench leather isn't accidental?? So my kids meant to rip the bench and scratch the couch?

I spoke to the supervisor that was less than helpful and she accused me of changing my story and was extremely rude on the phone. Hmmm... maybe if we could send a picture of the accidental damage to the furniture it would be helpful, but that's not an option. You'd think with technology these days, that would be an option. Everyone I talked to, and it was a few, at Ashley Furniture agreed that all that sounds like it should be covered! ALL of it! I was told by the supervisor at Guardian that it was all in how I worded it! Really, all in the wording that I chose to use to describe it caused my claim to get denied. This plan is not worth it and I will NEVER be doing business with this company again! Funny when I talked to the customer service rep at Ashley Furniture, she said she had a very similar experience with Guardian Protection plan. Completely dissatisfied with the whole experience!

Ms. Wenger,

We are so pleased to hear about your 5 star experience with Guardian! Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review.

Original review: March 14, 2017

We have a five-year plan with Guardian. When we got a gouge on a table, we emailed them for a service request. After a couple of days, they sent a tech to repair it and it was well done.

Mr. Triplett,

Thank you for sharing your 5-Star experience with Guardian! We are so pleased to hear that you found the process to be easy, and we will praise your customer service representative for providing excellent service.

Original review: March 12, 2017

One of our power recliners wouldn't recline. And we have a 5-year furniture protection plan from Guardian Protection Products. It was easy to file a claim. The customer service lady was very nice and very helpful. I called her and by the end of the week somebody was calling me to set up an appointment. They handled it in a timely manner. It's not as long as I waited for the Ashley Furniture guy to come out. I would recommend the warranty for sure. Guardian Protection is fantastic.

Mr. Mabry,

Unfortunately, your furniture protection plan does not provide coverage for damages to bedframes that are non-accidental. What you originally reported was that the bed would move when first assembled, and that this caused one leg to bend and one to break. If you would like a prorated refund per the plan terms and conditions, please email refunds@guardianproducts.net. Please provide your service request #5870530 in the subject line and a copy of your invoice with your request.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The frame broke. I accidentally broke leg off the mattress frame. The Roomplace advised me to purchase Guardian insurance plan on all my furniture for 5 years. Since is over 1 year they advised to have the frame replaced by Guardian. I called and Guardian will not replace the frame. I asked for manager. The sales agent said there is no manager there. I called back and sales agent said it has to be a accident to be replace. I want a total refund.

Factual basis uncertain

Proof of purchase. The online experience. First off, so Guardian is contracted through Jerome's. They should have access to customer info such as, well, who purchased a warranty. That would be way too easy, this is loophole #1 so they can deny coverage. You need to submit proof of purchase which they should already have on file. For some reason, on a newer model i7 iMac computer, the picture of our warranty we had to upload wasn't accepted by their system. So now we wait on hold for 25 minutes to speak to a human, wherein we were then told we would receive a call from a supervisor which came 7 days later.

The vetting process: Now we needed to go through a 15-minute process to determine whether our claim qualifies for service. For some reason, putty or as my 13-year-old daughter calls it, "slime" isn't covered. Nail polish is, red wine is fine, but not slime... claim denied. Premise: Guardian is an unethical scam corporation who has set up a warranty system with the sole intention of dissuading people from filing claims, if they make it that far, they find absurd reasons to justify denying their claim. I love Jerome's but I wish they would find a better, more respectable business partner.

Ms. Nelson,

Guardian is so pleased that we have met your expectations thus far, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: March 3, 2017

My bed was broken so I got a Guardian Furniture Protection Plan for it. I received a cleaning kit with that purchase. My experience when I was filing a request was good and a customer service rep took care of everything. So far, Guardian Protection Plan has definitely met all your expectations.

Ms. Martone,

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with Guardian! We are so pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent service, and to hear that you would recommend us!

Original review: March 2, 2017

I purchased the Goof Proof Plan for the couch that I got from Bob's Furniture. I had crayon paints on my white linen couch, so I called Guardian. They were prompt and sent out a technician in a couple of days. They were very nice, polite and efficient, and gave good customer service. I would recommend.

Ms. Huerta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide Guardian with another 5-star review! We look forward to continuing to call you a valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I have the indoor furniture protection plan from Guardian. Our furniture had a leather peeling so I called them for a service request. My experience with customer service representative was fine. They mailed me a letter explaining that the sectional that we filed a claim for was not available. So it was a letter basically of what were my options for the claim to be settled. I'm satisfied with Guardian and would purchase from them again.

MAKE sure that you read & understand the terms of the Guardian Protection Plan offered when purchasing the coverage for your furniture. AND, make sure if you have a claim that you repeatedly tell them it was an "accident". I purchased a leather recliner in Nov 2015. My husband sat on it with some kind of grease on his back and it ate away the material and now has a dull sheen to it. Because I said the furniture "deteriorated" on the service line they said it would not be covered.

I've tried escalating the issue with Guardian and Morris Furniture in Cincinnati but not getting anywhere with it. Apparently, Morris Customer Service is aware of the issues as I spoke with 2 different people before calling Guardian and they both strongly emphasized that you have to tell them it was an "accident". I've tried to reason with them to say that no one would "intentionally" sit on brand new furniture with grease on them but haven't had any success. I am not one to lodge complaints but this is really upsetting. I have this beautiful piece of furniture that I have to cover now. In addition I will need to hire an independent furniture repair company to repair it.

Mr. Hoeft,
We are sorry to hear that you did not find value in the protection plan that you purchased. We understand your frustrations, but unfortunately the damages must remain ineligible for coverage. You reported that the bed was broken, but the damage must be an accidental occurrence from a single incident. You were not able to provide the cause of the damage, and we cannot assume that the damage was an accident from normal residential use. Therefore, the only remedy that we can continue to offer you at this time is the prorated refund of the protection plan price, per the terms of the protection plan.

You already submitted a refund request via Guardian's refund email, and were provided with the prorated amount. Guardian will continue to honor that amount. If you would like us to process that amount, we ask you to please respond to the email.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Bought $9000 worth of furniture for a vacation rental and put the protection plan on top of it, because hey, it's a furnished rental. Tried to file a claim for a headboard that was coming apart, and because I didn't know how it happened, they denied my claim. Totally worthless protection plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Guardian Furniture Protection Plan that removes stains for my living room set. I had a cat that was sick and peed on my furniture so I called for a service request. It was great with the customer service rep. They got somebody out quickly. The plan and the agent on the line were good. However, I don't think that the people who come out are very trustworthy and qualified. I don't feel they are very professional in what they do. It seems like they wanna hurry up and get their job done and get out of the house, and not necessarily concerned with why I want quality service.

Factual basis uncertain

I have called in the Guardian customer service to report the damage occurred to my leather sofa that I bought from colemanfurniture.com. It is just 10 days since the furniture was delivered. On the day of delivery I did not see any damage on the sofa and after a week or so I saw a 1 inch length tearing on sofa. When I called in the customer service I have said the same that I do not remember seeing any damage on the day of deliver. They asked me how it was happened. I said "I am not sure how it was happened, but I see a tear on sofa."

They right away said it is not accidental and the claim is declined. So a brand new sofa hardly used for a week has tear on it and they call it is not accidental damage and does not cover. I believe this is broad daylight robbery from Guardian Protection plan when they sell the plans. I am seriously disappointed, I will not buy a plan next time from this company. I will not recommend it to anybody. All the promises they make are false and the only goal is to mint money from innocent people.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased the Guardian Protection Plan from Jerome's Furniture when I bought my dining table on 10-31-15. The warranty plan is for 5 years. On 2-6-17, my wife was sitting down at the dining room table with her elbow resting on the table. She stood up while her elbow was on the table and it caved in. The material was supposed to be made out of "marble," it should be stronger than that. Contacted Guardian, and they said it's not part of the warranty because it damaged the frame. That is total BS. Why are they doing business, when they are declining a majority of the customer's claim. It's a scam. Shame on Jerome's for doing business with Guardian.

Factual basis uncertain

I needed to make a claim on a small stain (less than an inch in circumference) on a fabric sofa cushion. I never received the plan via email, as I later found out, they did NOT have the correct address. Even though my paperwork had the correct address. I called to let them know that I needed to make a claim on this small light colored stain. We noticed this stain after our two Grandchildren left from a visit in our home. Therefore, the stain type was unknown. When I called, the customer service specialist Adam asked me what I thought it was. I told him, "I did not know." He kept saying things like "can you take a guess as to what it might be?" I kept saying, "I did not know, as we were not aware of it when it happened." He kept pressuring me to say what I think it might have been. I said, "I don't know...if I had to take a guess, I would say suntan lotion, but I am not sure."

He put me on a lengthy hold and came back on to tell me that my claim was DENIED as suntan lotion was not something that was a "covered" stain. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was SO angry that I was being coerced into saying something when I was being honest and truly did not know what it was. They apparently require you to say what you think it is, and if you don't know, that is not covered and if you take a guess, and it doesn't fall into their list of "covered" items you are denied as well! I was livid! First of all, I never received my paperwork because they had the incorrect email address, and then they do the typical bait and switch when you are an honest consumer! They literally want to make a customer lie about what the stain is even though you have integrity (they have none!) and don't want to lie.

I got nowhere with the CSS Adam, so I asked to speak to management and he kept telling me that management will not be able to help me either. After finally getting him to transfer me to a woman named Page who called herself a Customer Service Supervisor, she was NOT helpful at all and basically said that they do not write the policy, the insurance underwriter does. I asked her who the insurance company was and she told me AIG and I asked her for the phone number to AIG and she refused to give it to me. I reiterated to her that an honest consumer literally gets screwed in this scam of theirs! You literally are forced to say something incorrect to even get anywhere with these people. Adam went over the list of items that are covered. Food and beverage, grass, grease, ink, iodine, shoe polish, cosmetics such as lipstick.

I cannot believe that they cover such items as iodine and grease and they won't even consider this small light in color stain which I know is nowhere near the caliber of stain that grease, and iodine can be! So the bottom line is that this is your typical bait and switch warranty protection scam that when you go to make a claim and be an honest consumer, they all the sudden "change the rules". I literally told both Adam and Page that they are forcing a consumer to be dishonest to even get an item possibly covered! I am SO, SO furious!! I have never had such horrible customer service in my life! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FURNITURE PROTECTION!!! The furniture store Matter Brothers salesperson should also be aware that his sales pitch is over the top! "They cover everything!" Blah blah blah.

Factual basis uncertain

Home Store sold me the plan with a blanket statement of everything is covered from kids spilling liquids to them ripping up the upholstery on sofas and chairs we bought. Fast forward one of the chairs did get ripped and first claim was denied because we told them what difference does it make when everything is covered, same claim denied the second time when we told them it was a jeans button that did it. Finally after viewing the pictures they claim it was a manufacturing defect but I told them I know exactly what caused it and when. This is a ripoff company like all other extended warranty companies, why did I fall for their rotten sales pitch - shame on me.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile