Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mr. Doobin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We have the Goof Proof protection plan from Guardian Protection Products and we just made a claim because all the seams in the cushion covers were ripping apart. The representative was a great guy and he helped me out a lot. They came in a couple of days. I just need them to come back and put the cushion covers back on. The last time we used them, we had to get a whole new couch. The first time, we kept ordering cushions because they kept getting flat. We couldn't deal with ordering cushions every three months, so Goof Proof told us we can go to the company. They gave us the money back so we can go get a new couch because we had the warranty.

DO NOT waste your money on this. They act like you have to beg them as if you were asking them to donate an organ. It’s a freaking fabric that ripped. They have come up with endless excuses as to why they can't fix one of my chairs. One of my chairs has a rip due to an accident while I wasn't home. I called them and they said "since you don't know what happened we can’t help you." I know what happened my freaking chair has rip, how do you know it was an accident. Obviously, it is going to be consider an accident. Who would do that on purpose. They are obviously dishonest. Such a waste of money. Very dissatisfied with the experience and service. Worst customer service in the world.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I Purchase a bedroom set from Jerome's and thought it would be a great idea to purchase the Guardian Protection plan. Upon leaning on the headboard I heard a crack, so I go to see and indeed the leg that is attached to the headboard cracked. I thought wow good thing I'm still in warranty. Gave them a call and to my surprise. I'm told they don't cover because it was not an accident it broke! I in shock and asked Rhona #** to please repeat the reason, "because you did not fall on top of it it's not considered an accident" and that is the reason it does not cover. Wow. I'm not asking for money back, I want it replaced, because without the headboard the bed does not hold in place. Someone help...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Guardian Protection Products two separate times, when one child threw up on the couch and when one got the marker on it. Their reps were always very pleasant and they dispatched a technician no more than a week. For the $200 that Guardian cost, it was well worth it given the peace of mind that when something happens, they’re going to come up. It’s all been a very positive experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our cat had an accident on one of our reclining piece of furniture, so we called Guardian Furniture Protection to make an appointment. I talked with them, but it was over a week and we didn’t hear from anybody. So, I called back to see what was going on and they advised that somebody will call me very shortly. A couple of days later, I finally got a phone call from somebody who advised that the only time he can come out would be from the hours that my wife and I are both at work during the day. We work 35 minutes away from home, so leaving work was not an option and we weren’t able to make it. We requested a weekend and he said “Yes, okay. We’ll call you back as soon as we have an answer for you,” but he didn’t come back for another couple of days.

Then, I got another call from a different company who said they weren’t able to meet our requirements for the time and day, because of how and when we work. They mentioned that they will send it back to the Guardian and have them escalate the situation to find a solution for us. A couple more days go by and we still didn’t hear anything back, so I got frustrated at this point because there was a piece of furniture that we used to use every single day for quite a long period of time and it was unusable and didn’t smell great. We got frustrated in trying to go back and forth with different companies but nothing worked for us. We gave them the information and nothing got through to anybody and we didn't know when they’re going back to us.

However, I talked to Jennifer in the installation department and she took it personally. She understood everything that was going on and apologized from the bottom of her heart. She said, “This is terrible. This is not how it should have been.” So I asked her, “What options do we have?” We didn’t want it to continue any longer. Our house smelled terrible because a piece of furniture underneath our air conditioning unit smelled terrible and the air conditioning blew the smell throughout the entire house. Every direction we turned, we were pushed back from everybody. It was absolutely horrible. But after talking to Jennifer, she got things taken care of, it was great.

Also, when we purchased it, we were told, as well as the documentation that we took with us, that if they can’t fix it, they’ll replace it. The smell has been there for two weeks and they had to tear it apart down to the frame and redo the entire chair, but it would not be worth the time and the effort. So, when I spoke to Jennifer, I requested to swap the furniture out and she told me she’ll get right back to me and talk with the manager. She jumped back on the line 20 minutes later and she has taken care of it for us. So by the next week, the delivery team dropped the furniture at our house.

However, we never had the option to repurchase the Guardian service on the new piece, because everything was done behind the scenes. We didn’t even talk to confirm the delivery. They never asked, “Hey, do you guys want to do this again?” and nobody from Guardian ever told us, “Hey, because we just swapped this unit out, your new piece just carries the protection plan over to it.” So, it was frustrating and my wife was confused with how that process works and we’re not sure if we have coverage right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When the salesman at Bobs Furniture sold me this Guardian Protection plan, it seemed amazing. I have a ten year old daughter and accidents happen. So adding the protection just made sense. What’s that saying... If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I called for the first time after having my furniture for only 6 months. I reported a chip, 2 scratches and some paint that was fading. And guess what was covered? None of it! They said because I didn't specifically know how the chip occurred in the furniture, it wouldn't be covered. They told me to reach out to Bobs Furniture regarding the fading paint.

By this time, I decided ask for a refund and of course, it’s a prorated refund! So that means because I’ve had this plan for 6 months, they will deduct that amount from my refund. This company is a scam. You're better off saving you 129 bucks. It’s not worth the frustration. Lesson learned: ignore the fancy brochure and advertising and ask for a contract with all the fine print before you buy anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have purchased the five-year plan with Guardian Protection Products. When my toddler leaked some urine into the furniture, I submitted a claim and their customer service representatives were able to schedule the appointment very quick. They were also really friendly and very helpful. Then the person they sent put some kind of special chemical on the furniture and I haven’t had any problems with any smell since then. He was helpful and told me to clean it up with mild soap. I thought he would be able to properly show it to me and give more information about how to take care of it. While my experience with them was very good, I would like to have some more information about the service that I purchased, the furniture, and the material.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just called Guardian which took 20 mins of me being on hold before I actually got a real person!! There is a tear on my sectional we bought from The RoomPlace. It has a tear on the seat cushion & I was denied when filing my claim because the source of the tear was "unknown". I didn't purposely tear my couch. I don't know what happened. It could have been from my keys, my Exacto knife from working on a project, me sliding down with my boots, a lot happens in a day so I can't pinpoint the exact thing that happened. So they said they can't file a claim because the cause is "unknown". I noticed the tear 2 days ago, so how can I be 100% sure of how it happened?

We spent $99 for this protection plan/warranty and for what??? I'm so upset and disappointed in the so called customer service dept. What's the point of having this warranty if you're just going to deny people? I'll never buy anything else from The RoomPlace or ANY protection plan from Guardian. Thanks for making me hold for 20 mins for you to only deny my claim. So disgusted and upset with how this was handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called to have a stain removed and have two of my electric recliners fixed. Because the recliners broke a few months ago they would not fix it. They called it pre-existing? Are you kidding me? They say they will fix the soil stain because it happen last week. Basically they tell you that if you do not call in the first 30 days of a repair needed to be done your repair is null and void. Do not waste your money. I have reported them also. Stealing $159.00 each from unsuspecting people just trying to protect their investment. They basically are getting money and refusing to provide service. Great scam they have to rip off people. They got me!!

Resolution In Progress

Mrs. Fuller,

It does appear we are currently reviewing photos of your damage. We do need an overall picture of your sofa. Once we receive that we will review these photos and contact you within 24- 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My husband and I purchased a living and dining room set In January of 2017 from Ashley's Furniture in Tallahassee, Florida. The sales person sold us on the Guardian protection products. He said it would cover anything that happened to the sofa. I asked very specific questions concerning the protection plan. The sofa is a recliner. We recently noticed that there are a couple of tears on the back of the sofa due to the sofa reclining against the wall. We called the Guardian to file a claim and talked to two of the rudest people I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I told the person what had happened. I wasn't exactly how it had happened at the time but I said I assume that it happened when the sofa reclined against the wall.

She said it has to be an accident. I told her that it was an accident. She said, “You didn't say it was an accident.” I asked her if she was saying we did it on purpose. She said, “No I'm not saying that.” All in all, she said the claim did not fall under the warranty guidelines. I will never purchase a protection plan from the Guardian again and would advise everyone to save your money. For the amount of the protection plan, I could have the sofa repaired myself. We called back again to file a claim and worded it differently to meet their specifications. Now they are saying we need an invoice of the purchase and pictures. They do not send anyone out to evaluate the damage. What a scam. They make it so difficult that I'm sure some Individuals just give up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called in a claim for my dining room table that was purchased in 2012. I explained that my table leg broke off. The customer service rep asked how it happened. I explained and apparently it wasn't consider an accident to them so they denied the claim. Why would anyone just want to break a leg off the table. Common sense. Obviously it was an accident. I told customer rep I bumped into it. But I was told it is too late to say I bumped into because claim has been denied. I send pictures showing the table leg broken. They said that the claim is still denied after pictures send because again I did not say it was an accident or didn't report that it was an accident.

Bob's warranty clearly agreed with my photos and said it was an accident. Guardian Goof Proof Protection still denied claim and said no it is not because of what I reported. Guardian Goof are very particular with what they cover. I will never purchase anything at Bob's Furniture again. Please other customers if you call Guardian Goof please report your furniture as an accident because if you don't your claim will be denied or do not pay for Guardian Goof Proof Protection. They are inconsiderate and do not take the time to help the customer. It's unfortunate and I will search for legal action. Very dissatisfied customer.

We purchased two recliners from American Furniture Galleries in Sacramento, CA. We added a 5 year protection plan for $149.00. The salesmen said if we had any problems two chairs would be repaired or replaced. After a year and a half, one of the recliners had an arm that was cracking up badly. We called to warranty company and was told it was not covered because it was not an accident. We have cancelled to remainder of coverage (since it was worthless) and got a refund of $101.48. Do not waste your money on this company.

So I purchased this protection for all my furniture in my house when I brought it a little over a year go. My headboard cracked due to us moving the furniture... accidentally. I was like okay that's fine. I know I'm covered by the protection program. I called to file a claim. The rep was very nice, answered all my questions but then told me my claim was denied for everyday use. I was so hurt now my bed is falling apart. I spent so much money on my bed room set and purchased this plan because I was guaranteed up to five years. I am more than hurt I have no bed. I was so sure that they would cover me. I trusted in them for all my furniture. What should I do now. From that crack in the headboard my whole bed frame is falling apart.

I got a Guardian furniture protection plan for a couch that I bought from Ashley Furniture. It had a small stain that was put on by a kid. The service technician came out quickly and he was great. He was helpful and gave me specific tips on how I could take better care of my furniture and it’s been good.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Re posting my Google review to get a few good reviews out there since all I read are bad reviews. I was hesitant when calling after reading the reviews and the 10+ minutes hold time was not helping. However, once Keyona answered and we started talking about the issue I was really starting to think the reviews may be a little harsh. I told her exactly what happen (accidental spill on table that pulled the finish off) and she explained the process to me. She sent the request over to processing and while we waited we were like old friends talking about gardens and puppies and everything in-between. Well, after about 4-5 minutes, she got the results and I was eligible for a claim. I would have given a 5 Star, but I did have to wait about 13 minutes when I called initially to talk to someone. To all the bad reviewers... Please read your policy. 1. Before buying it and 2, before trying to file a claim that is listed as not covered.

I bought furniture about a year ago. Guardian Protection told me I had full protection against juices and other things. I got grandkids and they spilled all their stuff on my sofa and my recliner, so I called Guardian Protection and told them about that. Their customer service representatives talked all good. They were able to send a tech within a few days and that was quick. The guy did a little spot on the arm and middle section, but he didn’t work on the whole couch. I expected that he’d clean the whole thing. Also, Guardian Protection told me that they’d send me a cleaning kit in the mail a couple of months ago. I never got that kit. But the guy who came out told me not to worry about the cleaning kit anyway because it won’t do better than what he did. I'd never buy their protection plan again.

Our dog had an accident on our sectional couch. It was miserable. I filed a service request from Guardian Protection Products and since I had already gone through the process, requesting for the service went smooth. Then a couple of days later, a technician came to our home. It might have taken longer than it did last time, but they said it can take up to certain number of days. I'm happy with Guardian and the plan we have with them was wonderful. We're actually telling everybody, "Hey, you need to do this. It's a really good deal."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

DO NOT BUY. I read the reviews and bought the Goof proof plan for our sofas, the only goof/dummy was me being fooled into believing there'd be coverage under this plan. I purchased a sectional, and sofa set in November. Last weekend my 4 year old was given a sippy cup full of juice with allergy syrup mixed in and the cover fell off. It spilled between the cushions and the back of the couch. I tried their cleaning kit but it did nothing to help.

I called to place a claim and after taking my info the girl hung up on me. I then called back and was told because allergy medicine was mixed into the juice coverage was denied as medication is an exclusion. That is not listed on the brochure or guardian website. They told me I should of got a full contract listing at the store because in the tiny black print it's there. Completely ridiculous considering it says it covers food and drinks plastered all over their marketing materials. Very disappointed to pay for insurance that excludes coverage unnecessarily.

Consumer Increased Rating!

This warranty is an absolute sham. They have no desire to cover anything. My outdoor wicker table is clearly defective, and just started falling apart for no reason. My platinum coverage request was rejected because I didn't provide a "specific" reason. Seriously? The reason is that the table is defective. I'm sorry it was not caused by a specific incident. That should not be a reason for coverage denial. Horrible. I would never purchase this again. Terrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I faxed, emailed and called. I have not gotten a resolution yet. The first response was they didn't know the name of the leather on my loveseat. I called the store that I purchased the furniture from, and the warranty and got the name of the material and called Guardian back, gave them the name. That was 3 weeks ago, now they will not respond at all.

Mrs. Windisch,

Original review: July 26, 2017

We have a protection plan with Guardian Protection Products which they said we'd have for several years. And if I didn't need it, I'd get my money back after so long. But if I needed it, they would come and repair or replace my furniture. I have a leather sectional couch and my three year old granddaughter drew a picture for me on the cushion. I called Guardian Protection and their reps were very nice. They handled my issue in a timely manner and sent the man out within a few days. The man was very nice too. He worked on the drawing for a while and he amazingly took it off. I didn’t think he could do that, but he did. I was happy and very impressed. Guardian Protection met my expectations. I also got a cleaning kit from them.

Horrible. I was told by a Jerome's salesman that the Oops protection program would cover tears/rips, stains etc. I had two tears on each of my Couches, I called to see if I could have it repaired. I emailed the photos gave the cause of the damage and was told that it was not going to be covered because it was "too expensive" and they believe it was caused by an animal. Firstly I don't own any pet besides a fish, for them to assume it was caused by an animal is unacceptable. Secondly, I was told it was too expensive to replace. I paid to have this protection program for situations like this only to be called a liar and denied service. The employees' customer service was unacceptable and the reason for being denied are based off false claims. There's a reason this program has poor reviews, DON'T waste your money on a "protection program" that doesn't protect anything except their business.

We purchased a kitchen table, chairs, and a rocker/recliner. Upon payment of our order, we were 'sold' a Guardian Product Protection Plan. We were told we had 5 years from the date of purchase to use the service. Our rocker/recliner needed service. We filed a claim with Guardian only to be told we were outside of our warrantied time frame. We were told 5 years. 1 1/2 years later we were denied coverage and we were told the kind of damages for which we needed said repairs were not covered. We were specifically told our kind of damage was covered by our protection plan with Guardian. We were so wrong! Save your precious money. Never do business with this company. They will take your money and never be there when you need them. We are very sorry we had to learn the hard way. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Mr. Butler,

I am so incredibly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have looked into your request and we have come to a resolution i think you will be happy with. A representative will be calling you today to go over the resolution with you.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased a Goof Proof plan through Bob's Discount Furniture and after 4 years, I finally needed to use it for the first time. After carefully reading the contractual agreement, my accidental damage claim fell within the guidelines of the warranty documentation that Guardian Protection Products should honor. I called in to submit the claim and after explaining the accident which involved a glass table breaking, resulting in glass shards slicing the fabric open of the corner of impact, the representative stated that this incident clearly falls within the stipulations of the warranty contract.

I was later told that this incident would not be covered, stating that the warranty does not cover damage to furniture seams. While the table glass hit the seam area, the damage was not strictly limited to the seam of the couch. As you can see in the attached picture, the main (lower) tear from the broken glass ripped the couch fabric perpendicular to the seam, not along with the seam. It only intersected, but did not rip along the seam.

It seems that this warranty company hosts a scam system in which they can practically come up with any reason not to cover. I submitted pictures of the damage which clearly show that the damage was not isolated to a torn seam, but rather a tear in the general area, and beyond the seams. I filed a dispute to the denied claim but have not heard anything back yet, although this is no surprise.

Buyers beware that this warranty seems to be, and is too good to be true. It's a shame that such scams exist in large companies like Guardian Protection Products and that they are still getting away with it. Fortunately, I have a close relative that is an attorney and I will engage him if Guardian does not honor their word of contractual obligation! On a final note, if Guardian reversed their decision about denying my claim I may consider revising this review, but until then consumers should know the truth! I am glad this site exists to minimize consumers from making the same mistake of doing business with organizations like this.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you had such a great experience and are excited to continue providing you with 5 star service in the future!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have an indoor furniture plan from Guardian Protection. I called them for a service request when I couldn’t get my chair to go down to get in it. It was locked in that position and the controller wouldn’t move it. I use that as a day and night chair because I’m disabled. Guardian’s customer service team was very good and understanding. They got somebody out as soon as they could. The technician checked my chair and there were three defects. It was going to be too much to fix, so they replaced my chair. Guardian did well. They were very aware and conscious of my disability. They were also diligent in trying to get me settled because they knew I had no other ways of resting. They went the extra mile as well and I was surprised because I received a very personal care. And they called and checked on me, too. I’m satisfied with the plan.

On July 31st 2016 I purchased a $500 Callie Shag area rug at the Jerome's in Corona Ca. I also purchased their Oops Proof protection plan (Guardian Protection Inc.) in November 2016. I processed a claim through Guardian for accidental damage caused by a spill (Sprite). I was given the runaround until the end of January when a technician finally came out to examine the rug. The technician said it looked as though the fabric (where the spill had taken place) was breaking down so he could not touch the rug or attempt to clean it. I was told I would be receiving a call from Guardian. I followed up with them 2 weeks later because once again I hadn't heard anything back and I was told my claim was denied because there was no "visible stain".

I followed the exact instructions on the rug and cleaned it with water only. I don't understand how they can deny my claim for accidental damage which is the whole purpose of purchasing an extended protection plan. Absolutely ridiculous. I am stuck with a ruined $500 rug that I have only had for less than a year at this point, 3.5 months at the time of the incident. This is absurd. For anyone out there do not purchase the Guardian Protection Plan. You will be given the runaround and your warranty will not be honored. Guardian Protection INC to this day has not attempted to resolve this matter.

I was told by the salesman that sold me my new couch that if I purchased the Guardian Products warranty that it would cover EVERYTHING from accidental damage including rips and tears or poked holes, etc. I called Guardian to make a claim after my son tore out some stitching with a fork and they refused to cover it because they claim it was an "exception" to the warranty coverage. What good is this warranty if it can't even cover stitching? Don't waste your money on this useless coverage.

They have you pay all this money to have the services to clean your furniture but will make excuses on why they will not clean it. That was a complete waste of the money I spent. Why would I pay all that money for you to clean one stain and call every time a stain happens. I have a two year old I will get a stain almost every day. I will never recommend you all to anyone.

Mr. Roberts,

We have attempted to contact you to see if we can further assist with fixing the issue you are reporting. Please give us a call at 1-800-527-8485.

Original review: June 17, 2017

We got a new puppy and it peed on the couch, so we called Guardian for a service request. They were pretty nice. However, it’s just difficult to get the ball rolling because they didn’t have me in the account. I had to call Bob’s back and then Guardian and give them a receipt number. When I called back the second time, Guardian said, “What’s your number? I just went and tried looking it up again and they went right through." So they might’ve added me to the system before I called back the second time. But it’s definitely easier when I called back the second time.

However, the plan hasn’t really lived up to my expectations for a few reasons. First of all, the smell came back already and it’s only been two weeks. I don’t know if they cleaned deep enough. Because I know they mentioned that they would like to, if they could, take out the padding of the furniture. And I don’t know for sure if they were actually able to do that because I was at work that day.

The other thing was when I called Guardian, they asked me where the stain was and I told them the larger couch had a very dominant smell. But I was pretty sure that she soiled the smaller couch. And she’s like, “We might be able to take care of them both over there since we’re already going out there.” I was like, “Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me since I don’t want to have to call you back the second time to take care of the small one.” And sure enough, they came and they only cleaned the big one. So I don’t know why we had the conversation on the phone about cleaning both when they only came and cleaned the big one.

Brianna,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are so pleased to hear that you have recommended our plans to others, and look forward to continuing to provide excellent service.

Original review: June 16, 2017

All my furniture is from Bob's so they have the Goof Proof, which is through Guardian. I filed a complaint about a couch when I noticed it had a burn mark. Then within two and a half weeks, they sent me a letter on what the decision was and what options I can choose from. It was either a $300 settlement and not do anything, or I can read through the option for a reselection of the item, they would credit my account and then I could go to Bob's and replace the item. I actually didn't respond to that letter for about two weeks but when I responded and selected my option for reselection, they sent it over to Bob's and told me to give it seven days.

What's interesting is I didn't fully read the email and so I didn't realize that I could just respond via email and that was better. My experience has been a happy one. I'm satisfied with the service. I was concerned that certain things weren't covered and that I wouldn't be able to replace my furniture but it really went very smoothly and beyond my expectation. I've already recommended it to my friends. It's definitely worth it.

Mr. Neeley,

A representative from Guardian will be contacting you within 24- 48 hours.

Original review: June 15, 2017

A bench that goes with my kitchen table - Warranty Guardian Protection will not fix the rip because they consider it a separation normal wear and tear from the seams. I have purchase within the last 4 years. One purchase complete home furnishing over $20,000 cash money. 3 problems three different pieces and every time I call I'm given an excuse why they cannot repair it.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile