Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you had such a great experience and are excited to continue providing you with 5 star service in the future!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have an indoor furniture plan from Guardian Protection. I called them for a service request when I couldn’t get my chair to go down to get in it. It was locked in that position and the controller wouldn’t move it. I use that as a day and night chair because I’m disabled. Guardian’s customer service team was very good and understanding. They got somebody out as soon as they could. The technician checked my chair and there were three defects. It was going to be too much to fix, so they replaced my chair. Guardian did well. They were very aware and conscious of my disability. They were also diligent in trying to get me settled because they knew I had no other ways of resting. They went the extra mile as well and I was surprised because I received a very personal care. And they called and checked on me, too. I’m satisfied with the plan.

Horrible. I was told by a Jerome's salesman that the Oops protection program would cover tears/rips, stains etc. I had two tears on each of my Couches, I called to see if I could have it repaired. I emailed the photos gave the cause of the damage and was told that it was not going to be covered because it was "too expensive" and they believe it was caused by an animal. Firstly I don't own any pet besides a fish, for them to assume it was caused by an animal is unacceptable. Secondly, I was told it was too expensive to replace. I paid to have this protection program for situations like this only to be called a liar and denied service. The employees' customer service was unacceptable and the reason for being denied are based off false claims. There's a reason this program has poor reviews, DON'T waste your money on a "protection program" that doesn't protect anything except their business.

We purchased a kitchen table, chairs, and a rocker/recliner. Upon payment of our order, we were 'sold' a Guardian Product Protection Plan. We were told we had 5 years from the date of purchase to use the service. Our rocker/recliner needed service. We filed a claim with Guardian only to be told we were outside of our warrantied time frame. We were told 5 years. 1 1/2 years later we were denied coverage and we were told the kind of damages for which we needed said repairs were not covered. We were specifically told our kind of damage was covered by our protection plan with Guardian. We were so wrong! Save your precious money. Never do business with this company. They will take your money and never be there when you need them. We are very sorry we had to learn the hard way. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Butler,

I am so incredibly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have looked into your request and we have come to a resolution i think you will be happy with. A representative will be calling you today to go over the resolution with you.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased a Goof Proof plan through Bob's Discount Furniture and after 4 years, I finally needed to use it for the first time. After carefully reading the contractual agreement, my accidental damage claim fell within the guidelines of the warranty documentation that Guardian Protection Products should honor. I called in to submit the claim and after explaining the accident which involved a glass table breaking, resulting in glass shards slicing the fabric open of the corner of impact, the representative stated that this incident clearly falls within the stipulations of the warranty contract.

I was later told that this incident would not be covered, stating that the warranty does not cover damage to furniture seams. While the table glass hit the seam area, the damage was not strictly limited to the seam of the couch. As you can see in the attached picture, the main (lower) tear from the broken glass ripped the couch fabric perpendicular to the seam, not along with the seam. It only intersected, but did not rip along the seam.

It seems that this warranty company hosts a scam system in which they can practically come up with any reason not to cover. I submitted pictures of the damage which clearly show that the damage was not isolated to a torn seam, but rather a tear in the general area, and beyond the seams. I filed a dispute to the denied claim but have not heard anything back yet, although this is no surprise.

Buyers beware that this warranty seems to be, and is too good to be true. It's a shame that such scams exist in large companies like Guardian Protection Products and that they are still getting away with it. Fortunately, I have a close relative that is an attorney and I will engage him if Guardian does not honor their word of contractual obligation! On a final note, if Guardian reversed their decision about denying my claim I may consider revising this review, but until then consumers should know the truth! I am glad this site exists to minimize consumers from making the same mistake of doing business with organizations like this.

On July 31st 2016 I purchased a $500 Callie Shag area rug at the Jerome's in Corona Ca. I also purchased their Oops Proof protection plan (Guardian Protection Inc.) in November 2016. I processed a claim through Guardian for accidental damage caused by a spill (Sprite). I was given the runaround until the end of January when a technician finally came out to examine the rug. The technician said it looked as though the fabric (where the spill had taken place) was breaking down so he could not touch the rug or attempt to clean it. I was told I would be receiving a call from Guardian. I followed up with them 2 weeks later because once again I hadn't heard anything back and I was told my claim was denied because there was no "visible stain".

I followed the exact instructions on the rug and cleaned it with water only. I don't understand how they can deny my claim for accidental damage which is the whole purpose of purchasing an extended protection plan. Absolutely ridiculous. I am stuck with a ruined $500 rug that I have only had for less than a year at this point, 3.5 months at the time of the incident. This is absurd. For anyone out there do not purchase the Guardian Protection Plan. You will be given the runaround and your warranty will not be honored. Guardian Protection INC to this day has not attempted to resolve this matter.

I was told by the salesman that sold me my new couch that if I purchased the Guardian Products warranty that it would cover EVERYTHING from accidental damage including rips and tears or poked holes, etc. I called Guardian to make a claim after my son tore out some stitching with a fork and they refused to cover it because they claim it was an "exception" to the warranty coverage. What good is this warranty if it can't even cover stitching? Don't waste your money on this useless coverage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

They have you pay all this money to have the services to clean your furniture but will make excuses on why they will not clean it. That was a complete waste of the money I spent. Why would I pay all that money for you to clean one stain and call every time a stain happens. I have a two year old I will get a stain almost every day. I will never recommend you all to anyone.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Roberts,

We have attempted to contact you to see if we can further assist with fixing the issue you are reporting. Please give us a call at 1-800-527-8485.

Original review: June 17, 2017

We got a new puppy and it peed on the couch, so we called Guardian for a service request. They were pretty nice. However, it’s just difficult to get the ball rolling because they didn’t have me in the account. I had to call Bob’s back and then Guardian and give them a receipt number. When I called back the second time, Guardian said, “What’s your number? I just went and tried looking it up again and they went right through." So they might’ve added me to the system before I called back the second time. But it’s definitely easier when I called back the second time.

However, the plan hasn’t really lived up to my expectations for a few reasons. First of all, the smell came back already and it’s only been two weeks. I don’t know if they cleaned deep enough. Because I know they mentioned that they would like to, if they could, take out the padding of the furniture. And I don’t know for sure if they were actually able to do that because I was at work that day.

The other thing was when I called Guardian, they asked me where the stain was and I told them the larger couch had a very dominant smell. But I was pretty sure that she soiled the smaller couch. And she’s like, “We might be able to take care of them both over there since we’re already going out there.” I was like, “Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me since I don’t want to have to call you back the second time to take care of the small one.” And sure enough, they came and they only cleaned the big one. So I don’t know why we had the conversation on the phone about cleaning both when they only came and cleaned the big one.

Brianna,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are so pleased to hear that you have recommended our plans to others, and look forward to continuing to provide excellent service.

Original review: June 16, 2017

All my furniture is from Bob's so they have the Goof Proof, which is through Guardian. I filed a complaint about a couch when I noticed it had a burn mark. Then within two and a half weeks, they sent me a letter on what the decision was and what options I can choose from. It was either a $300 settlement and not do anything, or I can read through the option for a reselection of the item, they would credit my account and then I could go to Bob's and replace the item. I actually didn't respond to that letter for about two weeks but when I responded and selected my option for reselection, they sent it over to Bob's and told me to give it seven days.

What's interesting is I didn't fully read the email and so I didn't realize that I could just respond via email and that was better. My experience has been a happy one. I'm satisfied with the service. I was concerned that certain things weren't covered and that I wouldn't be able to replace my furniture but it really went very smoothly and beyond my expectation. I've already recommended it to my friends. It's definitely worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a recliner from Bob's Furniture and it came with Guardian's Goof Proof Protection. Our chair was under a year old and we noticed a piece of fabric was hanging off the side on the bottom. When we investigated further, we realized that it felt lopsided. And so, we turned it over and noticed that part of the frame was broken.

We first called Bob's Furniture which said that it wasn't a manufacturer defect. And so, I called Guardian and gave them the claim information. Guardian's rep had me on hold for a couple of minutes then got back to me and said that my claim didn't qualify as it wasn't an accident. I told her that I felt upset that Bob's is telling me that it wasn't their fault but then Guardian is telling me that it's a manufacturer problem. Their rep then sent us to their liaison office telling us not to worry as the liaison office always gets results. That took me a couple of weeks. I had to keep calling every single day because they kept saying that their woman was out of the office and various other things.

In three weeks, I called back and Guardian told me again that my problem wasn't covered. I asked to speak with a supervisor and they told me that the supervisors were in a meeting. Then, I said that I was going to have to take it further and go through my credit company because I had extra protection. The next day, a supervisor called me and said she would look into it for me. I said to the supervisor that the woman I spoke to at Guardian the first time had promised that something was going to be done about my problem from the liaison office.

The supervisor told me that had we dropped the chair, then it would have been covered. I said to her that if Bob's is telling me that it's not a manufacturer defect then it had to be some sort of accident. But, I don't remember misusing the chair or dropping it. The next day, the supervisor got back to me and told me that we were getting a new chair. Guardian delivered the new recliner within one week of my last conversation with them. Still, Guardian did not meet my expectations at all especially since it was such a headache.

Mr. Garcia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I got an indoor protection plan from Guardian for my sofas. It's good value. The service rep was pleasant. It took them a week and a half to dispatch a technician. There was a puncture on the leather of the furniture and the technician repaired it pretty quickly. He did a good job. He was knowledgeable and he did the repair professionally. Everything was done to my expectations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a sofa from American furniture and they recommended us to get this insurance for stains and other problems. They have come up with ridiculous excuses about why they can't clean any stain I had. They are obviously dishonest. Such a waste of money. They are contributing for making consumers disappointed and a worse world.

Reggie,

Thank you for sharing your 5 Star experience! Guardian is thrilled that we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I purchased Guardian's regular plan just for couches. It came with a free cleaning kit but I don't like it because it leaves a stain after I use it. I have a small dog who suffered an accident on my couch. Guardian's technician called and gave me a time that he’ll be here. It took five days for him to come out but he showed up earlier than expected. He's amazing. He took care of the problem fine and everything was finished when he’s left. Everything came out wonderful for me. And I got a good experience with Guardian.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m not happy with Guardian. I called up to process a claim and there are some really misleading questions that I felt we’re just not warranted. They said, “Did you see what happened?” I said, “No.” They asked, “Did anybody see it?” When I said, “No. I wouldn’t think so," then they said, “Well since nobody saw it, we can’t cover it.” I told them it’s a water stain put on the product and they didn’t care. They didn’t ask what happened, they asked if I saw it. Those are two entirely different things.

I spoke to a manager and then he said, “Well if you didn’t see exactly where it happened, we can’t cover that.” I said, “So I know which water, I just didn’t see exactly to the minute when it happened.” They said, “Too bad. If you didn’t see it, we can’t cover it.” My kids spilled the water but didn’t tell me because they’re scared to get in trouble. When I called up and I told the girl, she goes, “Yeah, I’m sure we’ll take care of it because we all have kids.” Then two seconds later, I got a denial. I’ve come to the conclusion that everything they do is not to pay the client. It’s very slimy organization.

DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! This week I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I recently called to put in a claim because my son's bedframe wood was broken. When they asked how it broke I told them that my son was sleeping and accidentally fell off the bed causing his weight to fall on the side rail and breaking apart from headboard. The rep put me on hold and told me that it was denied since he was sleeping. So now I paid for a warranty and a bed that we have had less than 2 years that is not useful at all and my son is sleeping on the living room sofa... I am super PISSED!!!

Mrs. Beresford,

Original review: May 24, 2017

We paid for Guardian Protection to come out and clean the sofa, and they were pleasant. We gave the customer service rep what we needed and she told me what the procedure was, as well as the work. They said they had to verify if the stain that was on the sofa was under the warranty, and that they would send somebody out, which they did. The service technician came a couple of days after it. They said that for the furniture, regardless of how many times it needed to be cleaned, we need to call them to clean it. We've only had Guardian for six months, and so far it has met our expectations.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 22, 2017

After my initial comments, I have had several pleasant and helpful interactions with Guardian. I spoke with at least two service reps who worked with me to find a resolution to my complaint. We have received a reimbursement check from the company which I hope will cover the cost of repairing the damage to the chair. I am pleased that the company responded and worked with me to resolve the issue.

Mrs. Roberts,

Guardian has reviewed the service requests that you have submitted. Unfortunately I don't see a request that was filed for food or beverage. A representative will be calling you today to file a request for those stains and determine eligibility. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We purchased leather furniture at a local store and purchased the Guardian Protection Plan. They are refusing to cover the damage from "accidental stains caused by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans" as stated in the warranty. This is a legitimate issue with the furniture and exactly why I purchased this plan. We have three young children and try as we might, things happen. I am so angry I am shaking after speaking with two service reps and a manager on the phone. I am going to work through my local store and hope that they can help me get this fixed. I now want a pro-rated refund from Guardian and would advise any consumer against purchasing this plan. I haven't been this disappointed or felt this tricked in a long time. Guardian, you are making some very unhappy customers and I am going to do my best to share my story to warn other consumers. I really feel tricked by this company and am extremely angry.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought an electric recliner 2 1/2 years ago from Ashley Furniture with a Guardian Protection Plan. I reported 0n 2/13 17 that it stopped working. 11 days later a repairman came and took pictures of the broken chair. He stated that the company would have to approve work before he could start. After 1 month I received a letter saying repairs were approved and that ordering parts usually takes 8 to 12 weeks. After this a repairman would be scheduled. It has now been more than 13 weeks since reporting the problem. Guardian tells me that they expect parts in June and that this is a normal time frame. Calls to Ashley Furniture got no better results. Both guardian and Ashley stated that a supervisor would call back. I got no phone call from either. Don't waste your money on this protection plan. They seem to do OK on cleaning but not repairing.

I got a sofa from Bob's with a protection plan from Guardian. The sofa developed an accidental rip so I called in for a service request. Two days went before they dispatched a service technician which wasn't that long. The tech tried to fix it, but it didn't really work. So, I called them back again to see if they could replace it and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.

Mrs. Steinhoff,

Original review: May 3, 2017

My two-year old son spilled his bottle of milk on the couch. We tried the solution we got from Guardian when we bought the protection plan and it did not work on the stain. We called Guardian and the technician came within a couple of days. It looked like a simple stain but he put a lot of sweat into it. He spent over an hour and ten minutes to remove it. The protection plan did exactly what it's supposed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchased an two piece sectional from Bob's Furniture in October of 2013. The chaise piece all of a sudden developed a collapsing of the cushioning in the corner of the set. I soon realized it was not the stuffing of the cushion, but a piece of strapping which held the frame together had broken. I called Bob's Furniture who sent out a tech. His determination was there was no manufacturer defect. I had purchased Goof Proof through Guardian. I called Guardian and was asked if I knew how it happened. I did not. Due to this statement, they deemed it was not an accident and sent me back to Bob's. Bob's still refuses to fix or replace the piece. Shameful!! Seriously, it has to be one or the other people!!! Someone needs to fix this!!! My next stop is the Better Business Bureau to report them!!

Mrs. Gilmore,

Original review: April 29, 2017

I've had good luck with Guardian Protection Products. The plan I purchased from them was for the sofa, wherein they'll come out and clean it if there's any soils or anything on it. I was also given a cleaning kit with the purchase. I've already requested service from them twice where one was when my dog got sick on the couch and the other one was when my couch got stained with food. The service rep I spoke with was very good and the technicians who came were very quick. But they respond quicker with any kind of bodily fluid. I got a call for the dog mishap, either that day or the next day while for the food stain, it was within a day or two. It was a very positive experience and I would certainly do it again with Guardian. The protection plan has in every way met my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

Called and spoke with Ronda 4.25.17 about an accident that happened 4.22.17 and was told because there was a "pre existing incident from back in December it won't be covered." Are you freaking serious??? This has got to be a joke. This is a disgrace and I'm completely upset that it's not covered although I purchased accidental insurance. This company is a complete ripoff and I don't understand how they are still in business and have the rating they have on BBB with over 333 complaints against them. I won't let this go, either replace my furniture that is broken or refund the money I paid for protection plan!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I purchased a power recliner loveseat with console in February of this year (2017). On Friday, April 21st I noticed two tears in the back cushion of the right arm facing section. After reading the terms of my Five Year Goof Proof Protection Plan, I called to file a claim. I gave the representative my information and explained what happened. I was told that anything I said could not be changed after it was stated, which I thought was odd. Well...apparently that is how they get you! Because I did not state that I visually saw how the damage occurred, they told me it was not covered. I have never heard of such a thing in my life!!! If a car hits a telephone pole and no one sees it, is it not still an "ACCIDENT"???

Just another way to screw their customers. I called Bob's Discount Furniture to ask why they recommended such a crap company to provide insurance to their customers and the Manager/Supervisor did not have an answer. She only replied with the standard customer service jargon. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM BOB'S FURNITURE AGAIN, NOR WILL I EVER BUY INSURANCE FROM GUARDIAN!!! I also see many other complaints about the same issue on this site. Do you think maybe someone will do something about the issue???

Guardians Protection Plans are terrible... they say that the cover any tears, rips, or holes but in actuality they really don't. I completely wasted $130 on a warranty that doesn't really cover anything because they can deny your claim for any reason. Even from the very beginning of the process it was a headache. When I first made my claim I was told by a representative that I would get a call back in two weeks after they reviewed my claim, but I never received a call. So I called back and was told that my claim was denied because the tear was excessive... when it was literally just one square piece that was torn from the couch.

I tried to explain to the supervisor that due to the pressure of when someone sat down on the couch the whole back panel tore but they were not willing to hold up to their end of the deal. It felt as if they were accusing me of lying or that I damaged my furniture purposely to receive money when all I want is to replace my love Seat not even my full sized couch. Not to mention that the customer service in the call center itself is horrible. I was hung up on twice by two separate supervisor and when I asked to speak to a manager higher up they told me there was no one else to speak to. After arguing with them they finally agreed to have their manager call me back but they didn't even wait for me to give them my updated contact number before they tried to hang up on me again. The supervisors were so rude I highly doubt they will even send the request to the manager.

I've never received such terrible customer service in my whole entire life, and even though I completely followed their process to submit my claim that was completely within their written guidelines it was still denied. After getting the runaround for several hours I finally gave up. Not only did I waste 3 hours of my life trying to submit my claim, I am also out 375 for the love seat and 130 for the cost of the protection plan. I highly advise anyone and everyone to not even waste their breath or time purchasing a protection plan from this company. Even if you have a legitimate claim they will find any reason to deny your claim.

Mr. Feliciano,

Unfortunately, your furniture protection plan requires that damages be reported to Guardian within 30 days of the accidental staining or damage occurrence. If you would like a prorated refund per the plan terms and conditions, please email refunds@guardianproducts.net. Please provide your service request #5878973 in the subject line.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I bought a sofa bed from Bob's furniture store in October 2015. I also purchased the Goof Proof insurance plan. Within 8 months the bed frame separated from the frame of the sofa and there is a tear on the center cushion. I was told by Bob's that the separation is a warranty issue and I should contact Guardian for repair. I contacted Guardian and was told that it is not a warranty but a manufacturer issue. I also told them about the tear on the cushion and was told I should have put in a claim as soon as it happened and waited too long so the claim was denied. Guardian has too many ways out of honoring the claim, they will find a way to not honor the claim or put the blame on the store it was purchased from. I will never shop at Bob's again and will warn everyone I can about the poor service and bad practices the store and Guardian have.

Factual basis uncertain

Our 3 year old sofa set has frame damage. They say they only cover stains. Why in the world would I have bought a warranty that only covered stains on my set that is so dark brown it is basically black? This was a ripoff. I will be buying my own protection plan going forward on my new set that is NOT Guardian.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 18, 2017

After writing this review and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I was able to get some resolution. A very kind lady by the name of Dusty, called me from Guardian. She had me send pictures of the tear as well as an overall picture of our furniture. The very next day she called me first thing in the morning to let me know that they would take care of it. After a few days they notified me that they were just going to replace the armless recliner that was damaged. The Room Place then called me to schedule a time for delivery. I do wish that the company would have done this from the beginning without me having to file complaints and go through all the tears and anger, but I am relieved that they have finally took care of the chair and then went above my expectations by giving us a whole new replacement.

Original review: March 29, 2017

On the morning of 3/29/2017, I noticed that there was a tear in the one of pieces (the armless electric recliner) of our sectional. We originally bought the sectional on August 18, 2016 and bought warranty coverage from The Room Place. I called Guardian later that day at around 3:30 PM central time. I gave them the details about finding the approximate 2 inch tear and they asked me how the tear got there. I told them I didn't know. It was the chair that my husband sat in and I wasn't sure what had happened but I had just noticed it this morning when folding the blanket on the couch.

The gentleman that I spoke to submitted the claim and it came back denied because I couldn't tell them how the tear had happened. The warranty states that accidental rips, cuts, punctures, or burns from a single relatable occurrence are covered. I paid over $500 for this warranty and am horrified that they denied my claim on a small technicality. This is extremely poor business practice. How can someone watch their furniture all day to know exactly what happened to it. Absolutely absurd!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The warranty that they offer is crap. Bought warranty on new sofa from Jerome’s. Had an issue with it where the frame came out of the wood. Called Guardian in January, took 2 months to finally get them out to look at it. Had a tech come out saying that they saw the problem, and that it was covered. Was told that a tech would call set up time and day to fix it. They never called so when I called a week later to find out when they would be there to fix it. Still they never called and sent a letter saying they are denied the claim because they feel it was normal wear. I called to talk to a supervisor and was told that they will not do anything about it. The only thing that you warranty covers is the wood frame if it breaks, even though the frame is broken. But not enough for them to take action. The warranty that you buy is crap. You have to fight them to have anything done. Don’t waste your money.

SCAM! FRAUD! Don't waste your money on Guardian Protection, buy your own independent warranty. We had a 2 week old leather couch set and the electric recliner had a rip across the back. Guardian DECLINED to cover (we spent $1000 for this warranty) Stating that "no one saw what actually happened so it is determined an unknown occurrence which is not covered under the warranty". One of our kids probably scraped it across the wall... that should be covered!!! They will play semantics games with you all day long. They try and get out of covering damn near anything. They are a scam and they just want your money and they will not help you when you need it the most. The manager PAIGE was less than helpful and rude. This company needs to be shut down.

Mr. Ford,

Original review: March 28, 2017

There were stains on the living room set because of my grandson. I contacted Guardian, and they called me back in about a week. The customer service rep that I dealt with was very good. The two guys that they sent out to do the job were very experienced. They got all the stains out, and did a great job.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile