2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have Guardian for my sectional couch. When there was urine on it, I made a service request. That was easy and their rep helped out a lot. A technician came out the next day which was very fast. He was very good and he ended up cleaning the entire couch instead of just the spot. He spent his time and made sure he cleaned it very well. Guardian has been definitely worth it so far. I will definitely be using it again in the future.

Mike Karam,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and quick resolution in your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have Guardian's protection plan that's for three years and it has met my expectations so far. Last month, I used their service because of stains and that was taken care of. The technician was fast and was efficient. On the whole, the turnaround time was fine. The feedback that I got was to make sure that I report to Guardian as soon as I could so it would be covered. I read some negative reviews, but I have not experienced those. Also, when I purchased Guardian, I got a cleaning kit in the store. They explained it to me and I also read the instructions. They were not really straightforward and I was scared because my couch is gray. I didn’t want it to look bleached out just in case.

Christy Guarin,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I had a couple of screws that connected a glider chair to its base break and it was not safe to sit on. So, I needed those two screws replaced. I filed the service request on a Tuesday and a technician showed up on Saturday so it was quick. My wife was there when they arrived and she seemed to like them. The tech did a good job and he returned the chair to its original state.

Vincent Dorrington,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We got the best package from Guardian Protection Products and we put the protection plan on our couch and our dining room table. We had an incident with a stain on the couch that we needed to get removed and my husband called Guardian then we filed it online. We were asked to provide pictures, which was not a problem but navigating through the website was confusing and there were more questions that kept popping up. The service technician was sent out four days after we filed the claim and he was fantastic. He did great. You wouldn’t even be able to tell that anything was spilled.

Daniela Keller,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I got a protection plan for the living room furniture from Guardian Protection Products and they told me that before I use the cleaning kit myself, I should call and talk to somebody first so I wouldn’t ruin it. When there was a spot on the couch, I called them. I had to send them an email showing my proof of purchase of the warranty. It took five days for them to get back to me but when I talked to the girl, she followed up quickly. The service technician came and got the stain out.

Lynn Burtyk,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Bob's Guardian insurance is a complete scam. They will deny your claim by playing with your words in order to not hold accountable for fixing / replacing products. They do not hold true to their word and will not approve your claim.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I purchase 5yrs extended warranty on my sofa and was told by the store that warranty covers peeling, ripping, stripping of fabric etc. My sofa is peeling all over and am being told that warranty does not cover these things. I paid $3500 for my sofa along with $200 for warranty and now am left with a sofa after 3yrs. Do not waste your money paying for this warranty you will regret. The company blatantly told me am on my own without even trying to help. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased a sectional with a bed in 11/2019 from Bob's furniture store Brooklyn NY and the left arm wood cracked in less then a year and Guardian Protection Products I paid for a a 5 year warranty and they will not honor it. I do not recommend this protection company or Bob's furniture to my friends, Facebook friends or family. I have a sofa bed with a broken left arm which I paid a lot of money for the product. I intend to take both companies to small claims court.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

How I wish I had researched this before I paid La-z-Boy more than $500 to protect my new couch. Don't waste your time or your money. Such a SCAM. If you do not use the exact words they want you to use when you call, they will deny. I had a very small scuff on a cushion from a kid's shoe. I did not say it was "grease" or "shoe polish," both of which are covered. Because I said "scuff," the claims agent wrote "dirt" which, of course, is NOT covered. I called back and said I never used the word "dirt" so they went back and reviewed the call. Because I said "scuff" which is non-specific, they STILL denied the claim. I have another claim they did approve for a soda spill...so it's not like they would be making a separate trip to treat the quarter-sized scuff...they DO NOT CARE.

I will pay the technician to treat it myself... It's not about the $ to fix it; it's about the $ I paid to protect it in the first place. Glad I said "soda" when I told them about the other stain or they would've denied that one too. PLEASE be careful if you have to make a claim and use the EXACT WORDS that are in the policy, nothing more, nothing less. USELESS.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I bought a Dining table, Buffett & China set, bench and side chairs from Dining Rooms Outlet for $2300 in 2016, and bought Guardian 5 year protection plan with it. 4 years later, I filed a claim for the bench and for the side chairs for the rips on the fabric and it was all denied as not being covered in the plan! Said it was not accidental so not covered. What a joke! Do not buy this protection plan, it’s a waste of money!

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team