Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Guardian looks forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Guardian Protection Products did a great job. We purchased their protection plan for our indoor furniture. We spilled little coffee on the sofa and the representative that we talked to was fantastic. They sent us a technician in five days, so it wasn't too long at all. They were very respectful and very nice. They left the house better than they came in and I was very happy with the service.

Ms. Lambert,

Thank you for your 5-star review! It is our goal to continue to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We purchased a 5-year protection plan from Guardian Protection Products for my electric reclining sofa, which recently was not electric anymore. I called and they asked me to email them the receipt. The only problem was I emailed it and something went wrong with that. They didn't get it or it didn't go through, but nobody called me or contacted me for a week to let me know they hadn't gotten it. That delayed getting it fixed by an extra week. A week later I got an email saying they hadn't gotten the information so I sent it again and they let me know that time they got it. They were very friendly on the phone and once we finally got everything in, they arranged for somebody to come.

It turned out that there's one main switch that turns the sofa on and off in the back. There's a second one on the cord that was rolled around underneath it, so we couldn't see it and we didn't know about that one. Evidently, the cats running back and forth on the sofa more than likely were the culprit in turning it off incidentally. We were glad we had gotten Guardian's services because we would've never figured that one out. Overall, it went very well and would recommend them.

Ms. Barbetta,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience with Guardian. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

We were offered the Guardian Furniture Protection plan when we bought our table and chairs. Any kind of damage, it would be fixed. Recently we had something spilled on the table and the liquid went through the plastic in the tablecloth underneath and got stuck to the wood, and it pulled off the finish. When I called Guardian to file a request, their customer service was excellent. Everything was done right away. It only took one day to get a callback saying somebody was coming. I was given all the information I needed. I sent the pictures and the gentleman came within a couple of days. He called and came the same day, and he was in and out in less than 40 minutes. It was a beautiful job.

I also got a cleaning kit when I bought the plan and the funny thing is the gentleman who did the repair wanted to know why my table is so shiny and I said, “Because I use the polish I was given.” Overall, it was a great experience. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the service I got.

Ms. Wells,

We are proud to hear that you had such a great experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service. Thank you for taking the time to give us another 5-star review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

There was pen ink on our couch so we called Guardian for a service request. They responded, checked the date, came out and did it. It took them five days but it was during the holidays so it was pretty quick. The lady even brought us flowers which was really nice.

Factual basis uncertain

I have purchased the sofa/love seat 2 years ago. When I tried to report the damage immediately, would not be able to contact representative within 30/40 min. Even they mention that, we would not lose the line of the call and leave the callback number and you never get the callback. This happened multiple times. Finally got hold of them after one ridiculous hour of wait time on the phone. Now they are rejecting claim due to the reason, I did not get the explanation from my 5 year old kid who did the damage. Also, I did not report immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Ms. Molina,

Thank you for your candid review of your experience with Guardian! We are glad we were able to be of assistance to you for one of life's little mishaps.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I have Guardian's five-year protection plan that covered any spills or rips. When my daughter got sick and she threw up on one of the cushions, I tried to clean it but it didn't work so great so I called Guardian Protection. Their rep told me that somebody would be in contact within a day or two but it took them a little bit longer. It took six days from the time I called to the day they got here. But they cleaned the cushion and it came out really good.

I purchased the plan for a couch and table from Jerome's. At Jerome's they oversold it. Comes to find out it doesn't cover what was originally thought. Fine. I called for a refund. Did not hear back for weeks. Once I mentioned the BBB I was told the refund's representative was on vacation. Now they are unable to coherently understand that I have TWO POLICIES that need to be refunded. Not just one. Even after I say there are TWO, the representative does not want to confirm that there are two policies included in the prorated amount they suggested. I've included photos of my receipts so hopefully they understand they need to adjust the prorated amount based on two policies, not just one.

They will not help you. Please don't buy this. Because even for refund purposes, after a year you won't get anything back because they prorate it. But I rather get some back then give all to a company who wasn't going to help in any sort of way anyway. Save your money and get it repaired by a laborer or tech when the time comes.

Factual basis uncertain

I called to file a claim for damages I saw for the first time two days ago to the facade of a bunk bed. When asked how damage happened, I replied I did not know because I was not there. I was pressed to answer something after several attempts to explain I was not there. I said finally, "Wear and tear, I don't know." And my claim was denied. It was denied based on that wear and tear is not covered, and that my answer could not be explained or changed after the fact. Totally bullying tactic. Consumers beware, this company does not care about the facts of your case, but rather your wording so that it can slither its way out of its obligations. Total racket, worthy of an investigation by the BBB. I want my money back.

Factual basis uncertain

Two person house... Husband and wife. Bought a couch we never sit on. We had a accident of some sort and the cushion on the leather couch got rips/tears. The Guardian pamphlet I received from the sales person at LA-Z-BOY clearly shows accidental rips/tears are covered. Right up until you try to use the coverage. Then they throw every excuse they have at you as to why they won't cover it. The reason ours wasn't covered is because we don't know how it happened. We did have young kids playing near the couch one day and we think that's how it happened. Not good enough for these guys. This protection is a ripoff. They don't cover what they are supposed to cover. Avoid wasting your money on this.

Mr. Peterson,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with Guardian!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We had a pet urine stain on our couch, so I called Guardian, and they were very helpful and friendly. I got an appointment set up, but I called the next day because we needed it expedited, and they were able to get somebody out within two days. They've been wonderful, and I was very happy with it.

Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for your review of you experience with Guardian. We are happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The furniture I got from Bob's had a spot on it so I called Guardian. The lady on the phone was a tad deaf that I had to repeat everything at least five times. I had been told to tell them literally the exact same name on the list, otherwise, they'll get so confused. They are given a list and are told to check it twice. I was trying to be detailed in explaining myself but she was confused. So I opened the list, told the lady about it and she understood.

She told me to take pictures and send it to them. Within two days, I got a phone call from the guy that was supposed to come out and he said he was available for the following day, and it worked with my schedule. He was very prompt and came at exactly the hour he told me he was going to be. He was very professional and was literally in-and-out. It took him less than 10 minutes and told me not to touch it for 24 hours. The spot went away. Although it's ironic that they gave me a cleaning kit because when I purchased it originally, according to the paper they gave me, I shouldn’t try to do anything to it if I get a spot or anything. But I haven't actually used the kit.

We purchased a bunch of furniture in june for our living room, which we will be paying on for a long time. One of our chairs wood was cracked and the seat is stained and the color faded. I have young children and could not say exactly how these things happened so they denied our claim. The sole reason I purchased this was because I was told basically anything my kids could do to our furniture in regards messing it up would be covered. Anyone with kids knows things happen when you are not in the room, or you dont notice it the second it happens, etc. etc.

My 2 year old cannot give me an explanation and I was unsure of how these things happened so I was honest about that and because I don't know what happened its therefore not covered. I find this beyond ridiculous. I still paid for the service for them to fix things if needed, the issue is theyre clearly shown in pictures but since my two year old cant say "hey mom I rubbed xyz on the couch," or bla, bla, bla our money was not well spent on Guardian. They go out of their way to ensure its as hard as possible to get a claim approved. Forewarning to anyone with animals or young children who cannot explain things, this is a waste of money.

I purchased new furniture on 10/22/2016 with a warranty with Guardian. I went home and read the reviews as soon as I had time to considering that I had 30 days to cancel and on 11/07/2016 I ordered a cancellation with refund in writing and on the phone. I called back a couple of weeks later and was told that the refund was getting processed and would take 6 weeks for the refund. I called today 12/28/2016 and asked about the refund and was told that I need to send a copy of the invoice even though they got a copy from Ashley Furniture. I faxed it to them immediately and was told that I must wait at least 24 hours for them to get the fax. I will call back tomorrow but they are giving me the run around to try to keep my $349.99. The phone system don't work properly for you to get to the correct department as well. Imagine that.

Ms. Rohner,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your experience with Guardian!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We got a light colored couch and we're having a baby so we got a furniture protection plan from Guardian. The customer service reps were great and very helpful. We had a stain on the couch from our dog so I filed a claim and the contractor came two days later. He was wonderful.

I bought a $2000 table and bought the extended warranty knowing I have 4 small kids. I sent a claim for two incidents that occurred within a week of each other and they denied it because they claim they didn't occur at the same time - I never said they did! I think this company will do anything to avoid fixing a claim. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! They should be ashamed of themselves promising to cover any accidental damage and then denying claims as they see fit. I spent a lot of hard earned money on my table and the extended warranty and now it's ruined!

Resolution In Progress

Ms. Cash,

Guardian has reviewed your filed service request (#5848777). While we understand your concerns, the protection plan you purchased provides coverages for accidental stains and damages as outlined in the plan. It is intended to provide peace of mind in the event that accidents, such as the accidentally spilled coffee that you described, were to happen. It is not, however, a product guarantee nor an extension of your manufacturer's warranty. Any quality or workmanship concerns with your ottoman should be brought to the attention of your retailer. We also are concerned to hear that your plan may have been oversold. We will certainly follow up with the retailer to ensure that they are properly educating our mutual customers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The first mistake I made was listening to the salesperson at the furniture store. I purchased a 5 year protection plan and the decorative stitching pulled loose. No fault of my own. I called and was told stitching is not covered. So, the plan covers if I slop coffee but it doesn't cover elements that are not quality and can't hold up more than a couple years of easy and gentle use. So the loose stitching snags on things and I have strings hanging all over it. Waste of money.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for providing your feedback Michelle! It is fantastic to hear that you had a positive experience with your representative - I will be sure to send kudos their way. Unfortunately, the Guardian plan only covers stains, not odors. That being said, I will make sure to send you some of our excellent cleaning supplies as requested, and apologize for that delay.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

We called Guardian for a service request sine our cat peed on the couch. The rep I filed my request with was excellent, and it took two days for a service technician to arrive. However, I asked several times for the cleaning kit and they kept telling me they would give it to me, but no one ever did. Also, the couch still smells like cat pee.

Christine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review of your experience with Guardian. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I have animals in the house, so, I thought getting a Guardian Protection was a good idea as I might need those with my couch. Their customer service rep was quick because from the time we filed a request, it only took two days for them to come. Their technician was polite and on time. So far, they've met our expectations.

Guardian Protection Products

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience with Guardian, Bob's, and your technician. We hope to continue to provide you with excellent service in the future!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I got my Guardian Protection through Bob's Discount Furniture and they were selling it as Goof Proof as one package, and it made more sense to buy for the piece of furniture that I made because it covers the whole thing such as scratches, marks etc. for about five years. Bob's customer service was great. I called Bob's and all I had to do was take a picture and send it as a text message to some number. I had someone call and come over, they took a look and they fixed it. The technician was good. He came in within the prescribed window, did his work and left. So, I'm happy with that.

Very poor response time for a repair on a power recliner. The chair stopped working in October 2016 and was just told the repair part won't arrive from "overseas" until February 2017! More than 3 months to repair a chair is unacceptable. Would not recommend this company. They should have just replaced the chair.

Factual basis uncertain

I have a 5 year warranty on a sectional couch. The policy is still in effect. One of the motors that powers the sectional went out. I called Guardian and was asked questions about the couch including what side of the couch the motor is on etc., I was then asked when the motor went out. I wasn't sure but I believe it was about 2 months ago. I was then informed that my claim was denied because I didn't report it in time. First of all what difference does it make? When it broke the policy was still in effect. These people will do everything they can to deny claims. Their idiotic policies make no sense and I would advise nobody to buy their asinine policies. I really wonder how the people can work there and have a conscience at all.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for your review Lauren. Guardian is appreciative of your feedback, and glad to hear that the technician has been effective in the past. Unfortunately, your Guardian protection plan does not cover odors, only stains, so we cannot provide further assistance at this time.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I have a dog and a child, and there's a lot of peeing and I just figured that my furniture was going to be abused. For the cost, which was minimal, I invested in the protection plan. I've submitted a few claims and it went really smoothly. Everyone's really friendly and experienced and usually they send out the best maintenance company that always services this area. But the last time I called to submit a claim because my dog urinated on my couch, and it has an odor to it. They sent out the best maintenance and they cleaned the sofa but that did not get the smell out of the couch, which I was surprised about. I don't even know if that happens, what I'm supposed to do about it.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your positive review! We will continue to work on our technology to make receiving pictures easier for our valued customers. It is always fantastic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with our customer service representatives. I will be sure to pass on your review.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

We got an indoor furniture protection plan just to cover regular damage for the sofa. I’ve had problems with damage in the past so, I thought it would be helpful to have. The only thing I have problems with was transferring my pictures because I was required to transfer pictures of the damage prior to setting up the appointment. The pictures didn’t go through. They were able to do it anyway but I don’t know if they really have even gotten my picture. But, other than that, the people I dealt with and everything else were very nice.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your review Jodi! Guardian understands that life's little accidents can happen, and how valuable our furniture is to us. It is our pleasure to be able to provide you with peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I’m a single parent and I got to take care of what I got. Things can happen such as things spilling. I pay enough money for my Guardian Protection plan, which is for five years, and it covers everything such as pet stains. The service reps were nice and so were their technicians.

Ms. Fennell,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with Guardian. Generally, any unauthorized cleaning or repairs to the furniture piece can void coverage per the terms of the plan. However, Guardian understands that this was an extenuating circumstance as it occurred during the Thanksgiving holiday, and Guardian would not have been able to send a technician to address the damage during that time. Therefore, Guardian has authorized your retailer to provide a replacement seat casing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-527-8485.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I bought a sofa and loveseat in a lighter fabric color so I thought getting the protection plan would be a good thing in case of accidental spills. Well over the Thanksgiving holiday I had two incidents occur. First: I had family in with their dog. Their dogs and my dogs made a mess on the couch. Second: the seat cushion got snagged with a key. Since it was over the holiday I took the washable cover off the cushion with the mess and put it on gentle wash. Apparently that voided the warranty. I was told that basically I should have left the mess and called them and waited until they could come to clean it. So now I not only have stains, but a ripped cushion as well that will not get fixed on a sofa that is just over a year old. Thanks for nothing - maybe you should tell the sales people pushing the plan down people throats in the furniture stores to warn customers that they need to live with mess and filth or it will void their warranty.

Factual basis uncertain

I paid over $2,000 for a loveseat and sofa that match. Then I paid $259 more for Guardian Protection. Now I have a stain on the leather back cushion. They say that's not covered. This is not the first time I got screwed by these people. Watch out!

Ms. Lennox,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Guardian!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I got a chocolate stain in the middle of my sectional and I knew there was no way that I could handle that. The Guardian reps were most helpful during my request. I had known that I needed to keep my receipts from the purchase of the furniture as well as the information on the plan. It had the phone number, so I called the number and then the reps walked me through what I had to do from there. There was a hiccup when I sent in the copy of the invoice, so they told me what would work next and I took a photo and sent it with my phone. They were very kind and thorough. It took a week for a technician to come and I would have liked it if they could have come sooner, but I was satisfied. Everybody was very professional from start to finish and they helped me meet the criteria to get the cleaning done.

Mr. Beliveau,

Guardian is sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your service request. Unfortunately, the protection plan does exclude any odors. We will work to better educate the technicians about that going forward, and we hope to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I got a Goof Proof plan with the loveseat that I bought. Then my grandson had an accident on it and I called Guardian Protection Products. They sent Stanley Steemer over and they were here eight to twelve minutes. I also told them of the urine smell and they told me they don't cover that. When the tech cleaned it, he said that if there was any smell, to call the company back and they would deal with it. I was all right with the first call. I made the second one and I wasn't too excited about the answers I got. Guardian kept telling me there was nothing they could do about it. They got it cleaned but I still smelled it. They don't cover the odor and I wasn't impressed with the warranty service.

I had purchased the protection plan to cover any accidental damages that I might have. It is with misfortune that for a first-time occurrence I am in need of using this protection plan, my claim would be denied. In close to four years this has only been my only claim. To further explain, there was a tear in one of my couches which I just noticed 5 days ago cleaning. I inquired with my family if anyone had noticed how such could have happened, but no one really knew anything. My nephews were over one day, one of them being two years old and the other one being 6, and such tear could have occurred with them. I informed the representative that my nephews could have been responsible, but when asked they didn't give me answer. I find it completely unacceptable and not customer service geared for a claim to be submitted and denied for not having my nephews state the exact reason of how it happened.

I bought the protection plan on my leather sofa and I have recently moved and while moving the sofa through the door set tore the sofa in several places. I called Guardian to have the areas fixed, I sent pictures and my invoice as requested. I receive a letter back stating they cannot cover my claim because they think "the damages are not from a single occurrence", so basically I'm lying about the damages. Do not waste your money on this protection plan. This is the worst company ever.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile