2.95/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

686 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 18, 2019

Bought a bedroom set from a large furniture company in our area and they offered a protection plan for stains, scratches, etc for the furniture. We purchased the plan because the furniture was for my brother who was moving into a group home for mentally & physically disabled and were concerned that it might get scratched or damaged there. 20 months after the purchase we filed a claim for a damaged footboard - we weren't sure of the exact date of the damage and the claim ended up being denied because the date that I put for when the damage occurred was more than 30 days past by 4 days. The customer service person said that our policy and denied the claim. What a waste of money.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased 2000.00 sectional, was told protection plan would cover us for 4 years from tips, tears, stains etc. While moving the sectional we noticed 2 tears on the top back. Called in, filed a claim, denied due to abuse. I guess sitting on your furniture is abuse. Thanks un-Guardian.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The plan I got from Guardian was good for the indoor furniture. At the beginning, I got a cleaning kit too, but maybe Guardian can also offer some type of thorough cleaning. Nonetheless, the plan has met my expectations so far. I filed a service request for some urine on the couch and when I spoke with Guardian representatives, they took my data and processed it. Two days later, they were back there at the house.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Do not get the protection plan from Ashley Furniture. After 3 years of purchasing the plan, they did not register me with Guardian Protection. After several weeks of trying to get a hold of someone from Ashley, they finally registered me with Guardian. Also, after several attempt, Guardian finally reached out to me to file my claim. I filed it and 3 weeks, no response after submitting my photos. I called them to follow up and they declined my claim. My claim was loose seam coming apart and broken sofa board. They claim it was not accidental. Guardian is not reliable and will do everything on their power to decline you instead of offering your help. It’s better to save your money and do not buy the protection plan.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2019

Our less than 2 year old Baxter Leather sectional had sporadic electronic recline success in one of the middle armless recliners. There are 4 buttons in between the cushions that are VERY sensitive and I thought we were just pressing the wrong button. It was the back of the cushion that failed to recline so it has gotten stuck in a very upright position. The foot recline works fine. I submitted a claim with a picture of how the upright position is different than the other sectional chairs.

My claim was denied because it was outside of 30 DAYS of reporting it. So, you purchase a 5 year, $500 protection plan and if you don't report within 30 days, you are denied. So when you are submitting a claim, make sure you do it within 30 days or you too, will be denied. So when they ask you in the online section when this first occurred, make SURE it's within 30 days. This is exactly why they want you to do an ONLINE form rather than call Guardian to request a tech so they can weed out anything over 30 days and DENY it. I will NEVER purchase another protection plan and have already warned others of my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: April 12, 2019

We have a Guardian protection plan for our indoor sofa and it was pretty easy to make a request for service although I didn’t realize the depth of what was required. They were showing me the copy of the agreement and the furniture purchased but I really didn’t know about that. The young man who came out was very pleasant though. He arrived on time and did a great job in cleaning my cushions.

The request was really for the cushions because I have four dogs. But my impression was that the entire sofa was gonna be cleaned. However, when I asked him if he could spot-clean something on one of the arms of the sofa, he said he couldn't do anything that wasn’t listed on the actual work order. Since I had called specifically about the cushions, that was the only thing on the work order and that was the only thing he was allowed to touch. That was kinda weird and I was surprised by that. But maybe that’s their policy. Nonetheless, I was very pleased with the service and the young man who did the cleaning.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 10, 2019

I purchased a Goof Proof on a recliner. According to their warranty policy it covers accidental damage. I have submitted a claim and it's basically being ignored for 2 weeks. I tried contacting them but they keep saying it's on review. It's been 2 weeks and they are still on the same status of review. Don't spend money on the warranty. They are as bad as those used car dealer warranties. The paper it's written on is worth more.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2019

Bought a couch and loveseat from Williams & Kay in Anchorage in July 2015. Purchased the Guardsman Protection plan which supposedly covers “everything”. One of the cushions is very worn.... The leather looks like it's coming off. This has happened gradually. We called Guardsman and got the same runaround as other people in these reviews. Call them, they’ll send a claim form, return it to them, they’ll process it and get back to us. After several calls to find out the status of our claim we're told it was denied as it wasn't reported within 30 days. It was gradual!! This company is a scam and just looks for ways to deny claims. Do not purchase their warranty unless you want to be stress saturated.

Guardian Protection Products response

Hello Diane,

We are truly sorry to hear of your experience. However, your complaint is for Guardsman, which is a separate company than Guardian Protection Products. We are very sorry for the confusion in this matter.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

So after having a $2000 cloth couch for about 2 years I go to sit down in the couch and notice a rip on the back cushion of the couch. No clue how it happened but I thought no worries, that's why I got the extended coverage on it. Call Guardian up and submit the pictures to start the claim then it gets denied because we have a dog and it "could have" been caused by the dog. We call back and explain to them it's on the back cushion and not a seat cushion so there's no way it "could have" been caused by the dog. Although since we don't know how it was caused it still isn't covered. If I would have sat down with a knife sticking out of my pocket, it would be covered but since we don't know what the cause was it's denied. This was never explained to me when I purchased it. I was told it covered rips, tears, stains, etc. even if caused by the pets.

Original review: April 3, 2019

We have two Guardian Furniture protection plans and we have both of them on our couch. The armrest in one of our couches broke off, so I called Guardian for a service request. Everything was good, although the only thing I didn’t like was that there wasn’t communication after I sent the paperwork. It would’ve been nice to get a confirmation saying, "We got your thing, somebody will be in touch." It took around two weeks for them to call and let me know that they were coming to fix it after I submitted everything. Nevertheless, everything met my expectations. Everybody should use them.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We purchased a Guardian warranty on our sectional through Roomplace a few years ago. Long story short, the couch was a piece of crap and has ripped, sagged, and fallen apart in less than 3 years. I have tried to file 4 different claims through Guardian and they have come back all 4 times saying they won't cover it for some reason or another. They have wasted my time and money. Their warranties are a waste of money and their business is a waste of space. They write their warranties so that they can loophole their way out any claim. This company infuriates me to no end. NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have Guardian Protection Products for protection against stains. When I fell and I hit the back of my head, I laid it on the back of the chair. I didn’t know it was bleeding and it stained the chair. I filed a request on the phone with Guardian and the rep was very nice. The technicians called me the next day and came out the day after. They got the majority of the stain out. I was then told that bloodstains are hard to get out and to let it go for four months. The tech also told me that if the stain doesn’t go all the way out, then I should call back and they would come back out.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a master bedroom furniture costing about $4000 and bought a Protection Plan thinking it was a good protection for my furniture investment. Two years later I had an accidental leakage from my CPAP breathing machine on my nightstand. Thinking everything was okay, I called Guardian to file a claim since it says in the contract that covered Accidental Stains and Damages:

Wood and Hard Surface Furniture.

• All Accidental Stains.
• Accidental Breakage of Wood Frame or Structure or Other Hard Surface from a specific incident.
• Accidental Gouge, Heat Mark or Liquid Ring from a specific incident.

• Accidental Chip, Scratch, or Breakage of Glass, Mirror Components and Loss of Silvering on Mirrors.

However Guardian denied my claim informing me that they have processed my service request and has deemed this damage to be ineligible for coverage. The reason for this determination is that water damage is listed as a specific exclusion to the plan your purchased. From reading the reviews they sent the same email word for word to over 200 other people. This company is a complete scam, and I would not trust positive reviews positive reviews. I wish I had reviewed this company prior to purchasing the bogus warranty. Stay far away from this company. Should I mention that they sent me an email not to respond, but at the very bottom they said to respond. Which is it?

Original review: March 24, 2019

I filed a claim with them 3 weeks ago for spilled nail polish on a table. The process started off with them being really difficult to work with. Now after finally getting everything as requested I get an email saying to wait 15 business days to get an answer about this claim. Because of the difficulty in registering the claim I decided to try checking the status of my claim online. When I get to their website they claim I cannot register my email address which means I cannot see the status of my claim. It is clear that the way they deal with customers is to make it as painful as possible until they give up.

I will never buy a warranty from Guardian again and I am disinclined to use Bob's Furniture again due to their dishonest way of selling this protection plan. Bob's claimed that no questions asked and it will be fixed, yet all I have gotten so far are questions and deflections. I will repeat again, do not pay extra money for a protection plan from Guardian. You are better off winging it.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 22, 2019

I usually do not give businesses a negative review, but this one beats my imagination. We bought a really beautiful leather livingroom set in 2017 for $1700 from Bob's Discount Furniture in Springfield, PA. 5 star customer service in store, but their Goof Protection is the worse in the world. We struggled to file a claim through Guardian Protection. They find every excuse in the book to deny your claim even though our kids accidentally spilled hot liquid on the sofa. The sales reps are rude and unprofessional. In fact, the reps will imply on the phone that your claim is denied before you send any photos to prove any damage to your furniture. Never pay for Goof Insurance unless you want to be frustrated if your furniture gets damaged. Waste of time and money!!!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I would strongly advise against this company. I submitted my claim March 10. I was informed in a e-mail I would be contacted in 3 business days, but never was! I had to make a phone call for follow up before I was provided with the decision. You take out protection plans for accidents that happen, and then when you make a claim it's "non covered plan exclusion." They informed me the plan would include a rip, which is false because I was told by a customer service representative and the supervisor I spoke to that the rip wouldn't be a covered service either. Very dissatisfied.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased the Guardian furniture protection warranty when I bought my new sofa and loveseat and registered the warranty as requested. I called to report a claim, was told they couldn't find my warranty (despite the fact I had the #) and eventually they said they located it "on another computer". I submitted requested photos multiple times to receive no response.

After multiple calls and emails, I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I then got a call, only to experience the same runaround about not being able to find info, then finding it. After again not receiving a response when promised, I called and was told that the furniture was ineligible because it required a "general cleaning". I explained again that I didn't want a general cleaning, but wanted the couple of stains out (which is what the policy clearly says it will do!) Do NOT do business with this company!!! After over a month of unreturned calls and emails, then they use an illegitimate reason to deny claim.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Tried to call company with no response. Left call back with no response. This company is a joke. Do not spend money for warranty with them. It’s impossible to get anything from them or even get them to respond to a claim. Worse come I have ever tried to deal with.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have kids and it’s always good to have protection. I had a puppy that urinated on the rug accidentally. The rug costs a lot of money and I called Guardian to file a claim. It was a headache at first because Bob’s themselves never registered the insurance and I had to call twice. So, it took almost about 10 days to do the whole process but by the time I finally was able to put it through, it was fine. I didn’t know how the technician was gonna clean the carpet because it was almost like a fuzzy and decorative carpet. So, when he put the machine to it, I thought he was gonna ruin it. However, he did it a few times and the smell came off.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 8, 2019

Bought $480 worth of warranty coverage for a leather sectional. Had an accidental tear occur during the holidays. Brought the cushion to LA-Z-BOY to get it repaired. They kept it for a few weeks then returned it without repairing it, so we contacted Guardian. They said the claim wasn't valid because it wasn't reported within 30 days, some fine print in the contract supposedly. Nice way to get out of providing the service I paid for. Never again will I spend a dime at LA-Z-BOY or with Guardian. Scammers hiding in plain sight.

Guardian Protection Products response

Hello Timothy,

We are truly sorry to hear of the experience you have had. We would like to inform you that we are currently reviewing this matter. We have emailed your Retailer requesting confirmation and documentation showing that they did keep your cushion for several weeks, which caused a delay in you reporting this damage to Guardian. Once we have received the requested information from the Retail store, we will review all available options in hopes to provide assistance with your claim.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I purchased a Guardian furniture protection plan with Bob's furniture. I received a cleaning kit together with the purchase which I've used on my blankets. It works good. I also had a good experience with Guardian when I submitted a request to have my rug cleaned and it took them not even a week to send someone. Their reps came and cleaned it. So far, I'm satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This place is an absolute JOKE!!! They have terrible customer service, I bought a 5 year protection plan, lo and behold IT DOESN'T COVER ANYTHING!!! So they told me to contact the place I bought the furniture and take it up with them. It was no longer their problem.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We purchased nearly $3,000 worth of furniture and bought a Protection Plan thinking it was a good protection for our furniture investment. One year later the bottom drawer gets stuck and the wooden board cracked when trying to open it. Thinking everything was okay, I called Guardian to file a claim since it says in the contract that “accidental breakage of wood frame or structure or other hard surface from a single incident“ is covered; however they denied my claim with no grounds. First saying it had to be related to one incident which it was, then changing their reason for denying it after I didn’t just accept the generic copy and paste email they send to everyone denying their claim. From reading the reviews they sent the same email word for word to 100 other people.

This company is a scam, and I would bet that any positive reviews come from employees or hired actors. I wish I had reviewed this company prior to purchasing. I will be canceling my plan and using the pro-rated reimbursement to fix my furniture. And I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB, Attorney General and write a letter to the governor, and my state’s congressmen to inform everyone I know of this company’s unethical business practices and taking people’s hard earned money while offering no value in return. It is like stealing from people. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We've used Guardian several times and it has been wonderful. They were able to send a technician in less than a week. Their technician came out recently for a loveseat that was peed on by a child. He came in a timely manner and did a great job. It worked well, so we've been pleased.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Submitted my claim a week ago. The pretyped response was sent almost immediately stating I need to provide a copy of the receipt of purchase and a picture of the furniture. Upon receipt of the required items, they would respond within 1 business day with an update. I did both. Provided both requested items within 24 hours. Two business days went by and I heard nothing. Sent the info again. Two more days and still nothing. It's been a week and there is NO EXCUSE to not respond to a customer who has paid for a warranty expecting professional mannerisms when dealing with a claim. I will definitely hit all medias to report this company regarding lack of following through. Considering legal action as well. Doesn't deserve a star, but this review site requires at least one.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

DO NOT BUY THIS 'Protection Plan'. I purchased $3,500 worth of furniture from Ashley Furniture in Pensacola, FL. and was told by my salesperson, Danah, that this warranty plan covers everything except for pet stains/damages. WHAT A SCAM. They denied my liquid ring claim because the furniture is now starting to lift and chip off DUE TO THE WATER DAMAGE FROM THE LIQUID RING but they state that it is due to "wear and tear" and refuse to honor the warranty even though in the contract it states that they will cover "accidental gouge, heat mark or liquid ring from specific incident. Accidental breakage of wood frame or structure or other hard surface from specific incident." Good luck getting anyone on the phone, I waited over an hour and got nowhere.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I wish I had thought to look up reviews on this company before getting their warranty for our sectional. The store that sold us our couch sold us on the warranty raving about what a great deal it was and since we liked and trusted their products I assumed they would only offer the same quality protection plans...wrong! I called in on a Monday morning to start a claim since we had gotten a tear in a couch cushion cover, simple fix right? I was then sent an email that I was supposed to respond to with picture proof of my warranty purchase and my damaged cushion and I would be contacted back within 24hrs.

Fast forward to Wednesday I decided to give them a call since I hadn’t heard anything and was told by the rep that she couldn’t talk to be without talking to my boyfriend first. I asked why since I’m the one who called Monday and started the claim, I purchased the furniture and warranty, and I gave them my email and contact info and that he wasn’t even home. She refused again so I told her I wanted a manager and then magically she was able to speak to me. I was told they never received my email and she gave me another email address to try. Big shock to get a response the next day with them denying the claim...NOT! Thankfully it’s an easy fix that we can repair elsewhere but what is the point in purchasing a protection plan that specifically covers rips and tears if they won’t help you. I will be giving them and anyone else who sells their warranties horrible reviews and letting everyone know of this scam!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My child urinated on the couch and when I filed for a service request with Guardian, their customer service reps were very attentive. They set up the appointment right away. And the person who came out the next day and cleaned it was very good. He did what he had to do. He answered all my questions and anything that I needed. Guardian gave us the Goof Proof Plus thing and I have tried to use it. But I felt like it didn't clean as much as I thought it would.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I filed a claim with Guardian Protection Products a couple of weeks ago for my bed that was losing its firmness and the springs that were starting to become loose. A couple of days after, they came out and looked at it. But, they did nothing and then left. It wasn’t fixed and I very much didn’t appreciate the service. I was informed to file a complaint because I didn’t appreciate that.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

On Christmas time, we had an issue with some spilled soft drink on the cushions. I didn’t wanna void the warranty, so I called Guardian for stain removal. The tech came within the week and he did a fine job. It took him 20 minutes to get the stain out. So far, my Guardian Protection plan has met my expectations.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs