Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (33 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: May 3, 2022

I purchased the 5-year protection plan for my bedroom set from Bob's Discount Furniture and it was a huge waste of money. I've been fighting for almost 2 months trying to get them to repair or replace my dresser that broke when my wife and I were moving it. They are refusing to honor the contract for any loophole they can attempt to conjure up. Their most recent attempt is that because I didn't report a "specific incident" on the initial call it us not eligible. I reported the date, time, and circumstances over the phone and they filed the paperwork. Seems like they intentionally left off the description so they could find a reason to not cover it. It may seem like a good deal when you buy new furniture, but I'm beginning to doubt that they actually ever stand behind their contract. Avoid at all costs. Customer service typically doesn't respond. They are rude, and completely unhelpful. Company is a scam and waste of money.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I purchased the 5 years "Goof Proof" policy from BOB'S FURNITURE and filed a claim just 1 year after the coverage started. First, no response was received after 3 months after I submitted all required documents. I just called them and they just said I was denied because the damage "occurred during normal intended use of the product." Even though I reported it was the accident 10 days after it happened and I said clearly IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! IS BOB FURNITURE SCAMMING ITS CUSTOMERS WITH THIS PRODUCT?

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Sent pictures in with cracks and defects and stains in leather along with top layer of leather coming off. I was told everything except abuse was covered. They refuse to repair or replace the furniture. They only looked at the pictures and sent an email saying these three items were not covered.

Original review: April 7, 2022

We purchased a three piece sectional couch from American Freight Furniture in Knoxville TN and decided to purchase the extended 5-year warranty because we were told how great it was. It even covers if your child spills or dog pees on the couch. Well we actually did have an incident where the dog peed but I just removed the cushion and washed it (very easy small spot). However less than two years after purchasing the couch the zipper completely split in two places on one cushion, so I submitted it for warranty (no not covered). Then 6 months later, the back frame of the couch actually comes apart poking three holes through the back fabric of the cushion (no not covered either). This is the most ridiculous warranty ever. So neither the store nor the Warranty company is willing to take any responsibility for this. Will never buy another furniture warranty or couch from either company.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Now I had the misfortune of having to use this company not just once but twice. The first time we bought the protection plan with all of our new furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture. When we actually needed to use it we filed a claim and of course got a run around. I had to drive to the store and scream my bloody head off on multiple occasions to finally be told, "OH I am sorry. there is a mistake. That's not really covered like it was explained to you and originally promised."

Now comes time number two. I try to file a claim but the store never submitted our plan in the first place, so I have to fight to have that done. When I finally file the claim I think all is good, nope. I get an email that tears from a pet is not covered as was explained would be when I bought my plan. I am ok with that because I figure they are going to fix the broken mechanical issue. I get an email stating that they don't have any techs in my area so they will have to replace it instead, ok great. NOPE, I get a follow up email stating that was wrong on their part and that isn't covered either.

When I call and request a call back I basically get told that my plan doesn't cover any of the things that happened to my furniture, how convenient...Oh but it covers spills or pet stains. Wonderful. All this company will do is take your money and rob you blind. They do absolutely nothing but give you grief and stress. Run the other way.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I purchased the "Goof Proof" policy and filed a claim well within the 5 year coverage. I was denied because the damage was "Not caused by an accident" and occurred during normal intended use of the product. They even said, "although we realize you did not intentionally cause the damage, the claim is denied because it was not accidental and was caused during normal intended use of the product". I put my foot on the foot rest and it literally fell apart. By the way, the sales person at the store said this coverage literally covers anything and all things that could go wrong with the furniture... WOW!

Original review: March 24, 2022

So, I tried to start a claim back in December. On my dining chair made of cloth fabricate. I was told that MEGA FURNITURE whom I purchase the dining set from. That my added extended warranty with Guardian Protection Products would handle this. I called their main number to talk to someone in the claims department to help me out. But, all I would get is an automated message that said due to COVID that my wait time to talk to a CSR would be extended. And after a half hour of waiting. I went online to Guardian and went online to start the process. Well because I didn't have my protection plan ID number. The system requires this to process the order.

So I had to call MEGA FURNITURE where I purchase the set from for the warranty ID number. They told me to send them my purchase order with the extended warranty on it. But, again I couldn't get a hold of anyone via phone or online. So, I had to resort to going on Guardian online live chat. Finally I was able to communicate with a CSR. He sent me a link to forward the documents to. Now I sent all information on 03/08/2022. And today I get a response to my claim that it is denied due to the time period of when the claim was put in and the issue with the chair. Exceed the 30 day of reporting and getting the claim process. Trust me when I say that you want to stay clear away from this JOKE of a warranty company. The blame is also on MEGA FURNITURE who sold such an inferior warranty on top of that.

Original review: March 16, 2022

This company is a joke and their underwriting department is making up things as they go. I had bought their best, most expensive protection plan for a sectional sofa. As clearly mentioned in their policy that it will cover stains from bodily fluid, they still denied the claim for stain caused by sweating. They also denied another claim that there was another stain because of the crayon. Getting in touch with their customer service is another challenge. This company should be out of business, these scammers should be in jail for lying.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Simply put, they're a bunch of criminals who are stealing money from consumers. The warranty is sold as if they cover everything. Even something as obvious as poor stitching that rips FROM THE SEAMS isn't covered. Don't waste your time or money on any of their products. If you see the word "Guardian", just know that they WILL NOT pay your claim, period.

Original review: March 8, 2022

This company is a complete scam and utter garbage. They market their warranty on furniture as if it is so easy to file a claim and receive coverage. Filing a claim may be easy but approval for your claim never happens with this company. Even if you are within their guidelines of a covered event or incident they will still deny your claim. It is a constant battle with them to have them cover your claim. Wish you the best of luck and be forewarned. Someone needs to fire Bryan Cipoletti (CEO) of this garbage of a company.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information