2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

View More View More

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We got the best package from Guardian Protection Products and we put the protection plan on our couch and our dining room table. We had an incident with a stain on the couch that we needed to get removed and my husband called Guardian then we filed it online. We were asked to provide pictures, which was not a problem but navigating through the website was confusing and there were more questions that kept popping up. The service technician was sent out four days after we filed the claim and he was fantastic. He did great. You wouldn’t even be able to tell that anything was spilled.

Daniela Keller,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and quick resolution in your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I got a protection plan for the living room furniture from Guardian Protection Products and they told me that before I use the cleaning kit myself, I should call and talk to somebody first so I wouldn’t ruin it. When there was a spot on the couch, I called them. I had to send them an email showing my proof of purchase of the warranty. It took five days for them to get back to me but when I talked to the girl, she followed up quickly. The service technician came and got the stain out.

Lynn Burtyk,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I had purchased a double recliner sofa with Wyckes in Cerritos and had insurance with Guardian. Now Wyckes was not at all being helpful to get my item fix was not compiling with them to get the information that Guardian was needed to get it fix or the matter replaced. Now Guardian was with me and working together to get a respond from Wyckes to get it resolved. Now they were not able to get Rich the owner of the store to respond to calls or emails and even with me also trying to call and email them to resolve the issue and between them and me going to the store a couple times for him to comply with Guardian. The result was that

Guardian went ahead and issue an authorize payment to Wyckes for the value of the sofa to get it replaced for the same value that I paid.

Now Wyckes was going out of business which did not advise Guardian or me on this matter it was Guardian advise me the check went out to the store and was cashed by Rich the owner from Wyckes and with that information went down to the store which I’m glad they advise me of it because they were closing the store in a few days so would have be left me with no sofa or the money that they had sent to them which Rich did not advise me of these the owner of the store that was closing the store. So thank god I went a few days after Guardian had advise me that check went out and had to pick out an item from the floor which was nothing much left but did get the sofa replaced. I felt it was not the same value which Wyckes was pulling one over and keeping what they can from the check of course and advise Guardian of it and they offer me a check for an added value to me direct to make me feel that was not cheated out of what I paid for the sofa.

Now Courtney was a wonderful person at Guardian, was there throughout all this with me and keep in touch with me and assist me anyway possible to make me happy. Thank God for them at Guardian because Wyckes would have lifted me with a broken sofa and out money. Thank you again Courtney and the other parties involved at Guardian you saved me and doing everything in your power to please me which they did.

Ileana.

Ileana Weingart,

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Our furniture warranty through Guardian Protection Products was actually included with the Ashley living room set we purchased from Coleman Furniture. My son's rocker recliner recently broke. We were so worried for a couple of reasons. One because our son has autism and this chair is actually therapy equipment for him. He needs to rock every morning and evening to regulate his body. Two, the last experience we had with dealing with a furniture warranty ended up taking MONTHS and we just had to purchase a new item.

The folks at Guardian reached out to me within the “3 days” that were mentioned on their website when I filed the claim. They told me the repair place would be contacting me Monday or Tuesday the following week, we heard from them that Monday!! The repair folks came 2 weeks later and they fixed it right on the spot!!! No issues!!! We are so very happy with the service we received! Highly recommend Guardian Protection Products!!!

RandomStuffJen71,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I read over the Guardian Protection Products that was offered and I thought that it was okay to go with them. I think it's a good plan. There wasn’t a whole lot of thought that went into it. I called for service because the push-back recliner is not mechanized and the back wouldn't go back when you push back on it. It would get back and it wouldn’t go back. I went online, but the website is not customer friendly. I'm not a techie, and so it took me a little while to go through the thing and answered all the questions. And then, I had to send them a picture, and I didn’t know how to do that on my computer, and so we went around a couple of times about that. Finally, somebody helped me and I was able to send them a picture, and then they scheduled the appointment. So, I wasn’t too happy about that initial contact with the company.

After five days, a gentleman came and he was very nice, polite and knowledgeable about leather, and the chair itself, and he fixed it. And so, I was very pleased with the whole visit. He gave me a few pointers. He told me what kind of cleaner to use on the leather that would be good for it. The customer service was very good too.

Maria Hartry,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: May 20, 2020

Anyone I've spoken with show no interest in coming to a solution, instead they guide the conversation to get you to disqualify yourself from eligibility. I made a claim with someone that barely asked about the situation and the stains on my couch, and simply asked me how and where. Less than 20 min later I got a response that I wasn’t eligible and that it was my final (and first) attempt to file a claim. They word it confusing on purpose, they never have to come through on a claim.. the response says I must have a licensed cleaning agent attempt to clean my couch (on my dime) and produce a receipt in order to be eligible. I have that, I mentioned that, and she refused to acknowledge that. Now anytime I call I get the run around. This service is a joke!

“Please understand that this is a final determination and your claim cannot be changed or altered to change its eligibility.” “The plan you purchased from Daniel's Home Center does cover your furniture for a variety of accidental stains from a single incident. You reported multiple stains throughout both pieces of your sectional; therefore a general cleaning would be required to resolve this claim. Your plan does not offer a general cleaning and specifically excludes stains that cannot be attributed to a single incident.“ Impossible to get a general cleaning or any kind of claim on my “protected products”. Notice how they only respond to 5 star reviews. Not professional, NOT looking forward to providing excellent service like they say so in their introductory email.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I purchased the warranty for my leather furniture. However, Guardian states the damage is not covered. This company is scamming hardworking people. They should be put out of business and not allow to scammed people.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2 piece furniture set from Harlem Furniture which unfortunately has turned out to be a horrendous experience. The bed had a piece of the inner wood lining of the bed. Railing break off after about 2 yrs of use. I wouldn't rate any stars for this company if it was possible. I submitted a claim and was told the breakage in wood was not subject to warranty. We have to hold the bed up with boxes and some tape to continue to use it and it is completely useless to all intents and purposes as there is no repair plan or replacement for damaged parts.

I quote the response verbatim: "The plan you purchased does cover your furniture for accidental breakage of the frames however any damage caused by an unauthorized cleaning or repair attempt is not a coverage of your plan. The photos indicate that you used tape to tape the rails. Putting tape on the bed rail is an unauthorized cleaning or repair attempt and excluded from the coverage of this plan". This company is a scam and should be shut down from operations. Buyers beware!

Original review: May 12, 2020

We purchased $2,000.00 worth of living room furniture from Bob’s Furniture in November, 2018. We added the Guardian Protection Plan because we were told it “literally covers everything” and were also told it lasted as long as we had the furniture (but that’s another issue and I’ll take it up with Bob’s). Recently a bar in the footrest of my oversized recliner completely snapped, rendering it practically useless. I contacted Guardian to file a claim but due to a miscommunication with my spouse, and the fact that I was dealing with work at the time, I unfortunately failed to list what they would deem a valid reason as to how this happened (we’ve all hurriedly completed things when we have a million other things going on, right?).

The claim comes back almost immediately denied because I said I was unaware of how it became broken, I later discovered from my wife it was due to our 85lb dog jumping on it (again, another issue) and so I contacted customer service to see about amending the claim. The agent was rude, of course, and gave me the email to a different department who has now also come back with a denial. So all because I selected the wrong option (aka anything other than a specific “accident” because that is literally the ONLY thing these plans cover) I now have a $600 recliner that does not recline! Let me make this abundantly clear, this company takes your money and has no intention of ever hearing from you again.

If you happen to file a claim, they make you go through a ridiculous amount of red tape with questions that are set up to confuse you, just so they can come back and deny your claim for not answering the questions correctly. They will then refuse to change or review anything because you agreed to that ridiculous arrangement when you filed the claim in the first place! This company is a scam. DO NOT BUY THEIR PLANS, THEY WON’T FIX YOUR STUFF ANYWAY!!!

Original review: May 4, 2020

The protection plan is worthless. Takes 2 months to get a rude person to come out and clean the stained furniture, and they don't even have the correct equipment to do it. The guy had to use our mop bucket to clean his hose. The couch now smells even worse than it did to begin with, we call to see if anything can be done, turns out the plan ONLY PROTECTS THE FABRIC and NOT the cushion itself. We were also told that the cleaning solution they use sometimes leaves a bad smell and there's nothing they can do about it. Absolutely horrible company and definitely not worth the money because you'll still have to buy a replacement.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team