Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (36 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Bought a leather couch & bought this protection plan, made a claim because of a stain, of course denied it. It would take a lawyer to understand the terms & conditions paperwork. It's a rip off, they will not honor what they sell! Save your money!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

If I could give a half star or zero star, I definitely would. After paying a good sum of money for protection, in less than two years, the so called leather started fading and all I get was, "We will be in touch." Finally they sent a technician even though I told them nothing was broken. He came and said the same thing and that I would be contacted. Since then, I have not heard from anyone. I sent several emails and got nothing back. Lessons learnt. Guardian Protection is fraud. That's all I can say.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

My sofa had stains and also the bottom of the sofa broke. I submitted claims of stains and also broken furniture of some sort. I have been on hold for over an hour to try to get in touch with somebody. It was faster to go online and ask for an inquiry than on the phone. I know that they are short-staffed, it must be. Technician came by house and indicated that anything is fixable because I was hesitant that my sofa couldn't be fixed but he said that someone will call me in a few days to see what can be done. No one called, but instead I received an email saying that my case was closed due to it being over 30 days and not adequate for service. I will have to get another sofa which is ok, but would have loved to have received a phone call and an explanation rather than an email which I couldn't send a response to. Will purchase another couch.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Do not buy Guardian Protection Products Inc. I have a five-year protection plan call up to make a claim and they denied it. If you read the comments everybody’s claim was denied. They are a bunch of frauds. Do not buy.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Don't waste your hard earned money on their coverage plans. I was sold on a coverage plan for my bedroom set. I was told I could replace anything within 5 years according to my plan. Filed a claim and was denied because it not within 30 days of damage. I'm going to spread the word about this company!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I've purchased my 100% Genuine Leather furniture set from the Room Place in Lisle, IL. I loved my furniture. After a year of having the furniture set one side stopped sitting up correctly and I also accidently sprayed paint on the couch. I've contacted Guardian and placed a claim on both issues after being on hold for over an hour to speak to someone. I informed them of the issue, told them it was within 30 days. I was told to send in documentations and pictures of the furniture.

This claim has been over a month. I received an email saying they have not received the close up photos. I have submitted these photos numerous of times. I still have not received a response back, I also have been calling and I have not been able to get anyone on the phone. I sat on the phone for 2 hrs and 16 mins and finally hung up. Room place also does not help and this leads me to believe they are scamming their customers with this 3rd party company that doesn't assist their patients. I will never purchase from the room place again! Very Upset Patient!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I bought furniture - a chair. Was damaged over fourth of July weekend. Called place I bought. Found out I was outside my 1 year warranty and was told to contact Guardian and it's been a completed nightmare. I have hold times, invested well over 30 hours now. Just over 6 today. I couldn't get anyone to help so I decided I wanted a refund of the protection plan and I would be done. I was working with Chuck and Kyle who said not a problem.

I gave correct address and found out the checks were mailed to incorrect address and was told that would have to wait for stop pay etc which it's been a few days since that call. Mind you I called 10 mins after they opened and still had to wait 40 mins checking status to be sure new checks were mailed. They close here in 15 mins. Been on hold over 6.5 hours now because it's a larger sum of money cimg back to me. Seriously this is ridiculous. No clue how they have been in business this long if this is the "norm". Covid is no excuse to have someone wait this long for a question that I don't know I will even be helped today. Guessing I will have to start the process over tomorrow. INSANE! Will never do business with them again ever.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I purchased the extended warranty protection plan from Rooms To Go for a new sofa/loveseat. The plan very specifically covers “Pet biologicals”. One night at bedtime, my older dog was sleeping on the sofa and woke up and urinated on the cushions. I dabbed the wet spots with paper towels and next day took photos and submitted a claim. Guardian very quickly denied the claim on the pretense that they could not see stains in the pictures. Repeated phone calls and no change in their position. Rooms To Go would not help me either. I would hope that smart consumers will avoid doing business with either company.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I had purchased leather recliner from Bob's Discount Furniture and they sold me a policy for accidental stains and tears where my head rests on the recliner started to peel and discolor because of my hair product I use, so I decided to take advantage of the warranty. After months of processing, they told me I was not covered. This warrant is a scam. Buyer beware. This was an accidental stain which they claim they cover and they will not cover my recliner.

Original review: May 26, 2022

We have been living in our home for 11 years now and had Guardian Protection from the beginning even during signing the home contract with our home builder. Guardian did not only install all our security system, they also installed a sound system over two floors. We purchased monitoring for security. Because of a recent incidence when the fire alarm went off we ran to the box and tried to disarm the fire alarm but we were not successful. I pressed the fire button for a good while but the monitoring team did not respond at all. Because right around Christmas the alarm started while cooking dinner in an Airfryer. That day the security monitoring team from Guardian responded. We contacted Guardian and asked what was happening. They told us that they had installed 2 smoke detectors, one on the upper floor and one on the basement and that's all at the time we moved into this brand new home.

They said they don't monitor the builders smoke detectors and they never installed a smoke detector on the first floor where the kitchen is etc. They had never informed us about that issue. We couldn't tell the smoke detectors apart and we were never told that we needed to tell Guardian that we need a smoke detector on the first floor. Can you believe this? Questions of why a security company would only install 2 smoke detectors and not even one on the main floor with the kitchen? So if you are a new homeowner make sure that you asked the company that will put in your security system if that works for all floors. In our case the system should have alarmed the monitoring team because I manually activated the alarm system.

We can have one installed for $125.00 but the issue is that we paid monthly since 11 years and were not aware that we did not have a monitoring service for a fire alarm smoke detector on the ground floor. I am still in disbelief. 11 years without protection on the first floor and Guardian still does not feel that they should have advised us at the time of installation. Good luck with Guardian, I don't trust them anymore.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information