Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Guardian looks forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Guardian Protection Products did a great job. We purchased their protection plan for our indoor furniture. We spilled little coffee on the sofa and the representative that we talked to was fantastic. They sent us a technician in five days, so it wasn't too long at all. They were very respectful and very nice. They left the house better than they came in and I was very happy with the service.

Ms. Lambert,

Thank you for your 5-star review! It is our goal to continue to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We purchased a 5-year protection plan from Guardian Protection Products for my electric reclining sofa, which recently was not electric anymore. I called and they asked me to email them the receipt. The only problem was I emailed it and something went wrong with that. They didn't get it or it didn't go through, but nobody called me or contacted me for a week to let me know they hadn't gotten it. That delayed getting it fixed by an extra week. A week later I got an email saying they hadn't gotten the information so I sent it again and they let me know that time they got it. They were very friendly on the phone and once we finally got everything in, they arranged for somebody to come.

It turned out that there's one main switch that turns the sofa on and off in the back. There's a second one on the cord that was rolled around underneath it, so we couldn't see it and we didn't know about that one. Evidently, the cats running back and forth on the sofa more than likely were the culprit in turning it off incidentally. We were glad we had gotten Guardian's services because we would've never figured that one out. Overall, it went very well and would recommend them.

Ms. Barbetta,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience with Guardian. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

We were offered the Guardian Furniture Protection plan when we bought our table and chairs. Any kind of damage, it would be fixed. Recently we had something spilled on the table and the liquid went through the plastic in the tablecloth underneath and got stuck to the wood, and it pulled off the finish. When I called Guardian to file a request, their customer service was excellent. Everything was done right away. It only took one day to get a callback saying somebody was coming. I was given all the information I needed. I sent the pictures and the gentleman came within a couple of days. He called and came the same day, and he was in and out in less than 40 minutes. It was a beautiful job.

I also got a cleaning kit when I bought the plan and the funny thing is the gentleman who did the repair wanted to know why my table is so shiny and I said, “Because I use the polish I was given.” Overall, it was a great experience. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the service I got.

I purchased the Guardian Protection Plan from Jerome's Furniture when I bought my dining table on 10-31-15. The warranty plan is for 5 years. On 2-6-17, my wife was sitting down at the dining room table with her elbow resting on the table. She stood up while her elbow was on the table and it caved in. The material was supposed to be made out of "marble," it should be stronger than that. Contacted Guardian, and they said it's not part of the warranty because it damaged the frame. That is total BS. Why are they doing business, when they are declining a majority of the customer's claim. It's a scam. Shame on Jerome's for doing business with Guardian.

I needed to make a claim on a small stain (less than an inch in circumference) on a fabric sofa cushion. I never received the plan via email, as I later found out, they did NOT have the correct address. Even though my paperwork had the correct address. I called to let them know that I needed to make a claim on this small light colored stain. We noticed this stain after our two Grandchildren left from a visit in our home. Therefore, the stain type was unknown. When I called, the customer service specialist Adam asked me what I thought it was. I told him, "I did not know." He kept saying things like "can you take a guess as to what it might be?" I kept saying, "I did not know, as we were not aware of it when it happened." He kept pressuring me to say what I think it might have been. I said, "I don't know...if I had to take a guess, I would say suntan lotion, but I am not sure."

He put me on a lengthy hold and came back on to tell me that my claim was DENIED as suntan lotion was not something that was a "covered" stain. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was SO angry that I was being coerced into saying something when I was being honest and truly did not know what it was. They apparently require you to say what you think it is, and if you don't know, that is not covered and if you take a guess, and it doesn't fall into their list of "covered" items you are denied as well! I was livid! First of all, I never received my paperwork because they had the incorrect email address, and then they do the typical bait and switch when you are an honest consumer! They literally want to make a customer lie about what the stain is even though you have integrity (they have none!) and don't want to lie.

I got nowhere with the CSS Adam, so I asked to speak to management and he kept telling me that management will not be able to help me either. After finally getting him to transfer me to a woman named Page who called herself a Customer Service Supervisor, she was NOT helpful at all and basically said that they do not write the policy, the insurance underwriter does. I asked her who the insurance company was and she told me AIG and I asked her for the phone number to AIG and she refused to give it to me. I reiterated to her that an honest consumer literally gets screwed in this scam of theirs! You literally are forced to say something incorrect to even get anywhere with these people. Adam went over the list of items that are covered. Food and beverage, grass, grease, ink, iodine, shoe polish, cosmetics such as lipstick.

I cannot believe that they cover such items as iodine and grease and they won't even consider this small light in color stain which I know is nowhere near the caliber of stain that grease, and iodine can be! So the bottom line is that this is your typical bait and switch warranty protection scam that when you go to make a claim and be an honest consumer, they all the sudden "change the rules". I literally told both Adam and Page that they are forcing a consumer to be dishonest to even get an item possibly covered! I am SO, SO furious!! I have never had such horrible customer service in my life! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FURNITURE PROTECTION!!! The furniture store Matter Brothers salesperson should also be aware that his sales pitch is over the top! "They cover everything!" Blah blah blah.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Factual basis uncertain

Home Store sold me the plan with a blanket statement of everything is covered from kids spilling liquids to them ripping up the upholstery on sofas and chairs we bought. Fast forward one of the chairs did get ripped and first claim was denied because we told them what difference does it make when everything is covered, same claim denied the second time when we told them it was a jeans button that did it. Finally after viewing the pictures they claim it was a manufacturing defect but I told them I know exactly what caused it and when. This is a ripoff company like all other extended warranty companies, why did I fall for their rotten sales pitch - shame on me.

Resolution In Progress

Ms. Caravello,

Thank you for providing a review of your experience with Guardian! Unfortunately, our hands are tied when retailers do not have items in stock, but hope to hear that you receive your piece soon. Also, delivery is technically not part of the coverage with the plan, so the $50 was above what is typically covered. We apologize if that was not originally explained to you originally, and will make a note to include that training going forward. Thank you for helping us in our efforts to always improve!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I called Goof Proof for a service request because the top of my table was damaged after somebody split a hot plate across the top of it and it got scratched. They got back to me after three business days by emailing me my options for replacement or refund. Guardian told me that I had to call the furniture store to schedule a delivery. However, the table is not in stock so I'm waiting for the store to call me back and tell me the table's available. Also, some things were not explained upfront. Guardian told me that they give a $50 credit for delivery, but my delivery fee is $100. I don't feel like I should pay for delivery. The service is fair. It hasn't met my expectations a hundred percent.

Mr. Graham,

Guardian is so pleased to hear that you had a 5 Star experience! Thank you for taking the time to share it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I bought an Indoor Furniture Protection Plan from Guardian. Then I had a pet stain on my couch and so I called them. The customer service representative was very pleasant and easy. They set up an appointment and the service technician was sent almost immediately. They're very professional.

Ms. Harris,

Thank you for your glowing review of Guardian! We appreciate having you as a loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I got Guardian for my sofa and six chairs, and I'm really happy with them. When a bowl of soup spilled on my couch, I called them for a service request and their rep has been helpful and made me aware of what I said. It didn't take them too long to dispatch a service technician despite being right at the holidays. It was great customer service and it was handled in a timely manner. The protection plan has gone beyond my expectations and I've had to use it more times than I imagined I would. It's a great service and I'm glad my furniture store recommended it.

I purchased furniture at Levin. I then purchased a Guardian Furniture Warranty that covers rip, cut, punctures and burn to cover it. I had a visitor at my house over the holiday with a hair pin in her hair. It rubbed against the headrest of my furniture which put a RIP in the headrest. I called, sent pictures. They sent someone out to fix. All he did is take pictures and said the material was worn on 3 years old and said nothing about the RIP. Guardian sent a letter out and said they would not cover it. WHY? Very upset. They will not back up their warranty.

Ms. Yeckley,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review! I have reviewed your concern about the remaining stain, and see that we have already authorized a reselection of the piece as the cleaning was unsuccessful. We hope that you feel that we were able to continue to provide you with 5 Star service with this resolution.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I purchased a Guardian furniture protection plan for our indoor furniture. I called them for service request because the right arm of my red loveseat has like a white spot on it that keep reoccurring. Their customer service people are very friendly and very accommodating. The technician came quickly and was very nice. He came to clean it twice but it didn't work the second time. So, I need to call them back and see what we need to do. But so far, so good. I would recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Futch,

We genuinely apologize for any breakdown in communication on our end that may have led to a delay in your resolution. We will continue to work on this issue, and your review has been escalated to serve as a training tool. Thank you for taking the time to provide constructive criticism.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My wife discovered that there were two ink marks, one on each of two cushions on the sofa and it looked like ballpoint pens. We used the cleaning kit we received with the purchase of the protection plan. It didn't work so we called Guardian and they sent us some stuff. They asked us to get back to them if it didn’t work. It didn’t work. It had absolutely no effect on the ink or the leather. So then I called them back and they said that it would take three weeks and they would go through some stuff and figure out what the conclusion would be to this problem. Three weeks after my call, a technician came out and looked at it.

They looked at the sofa and filled out some paperwork that would show where the marks were on the sofa cushions. Then we got a call two weeks later, the lady wanted to clarify what the person had put on this paper he had filled out while he was here. So we went through the thing and it sounded to me like she had part of it wrong because when I was trying to explain to her that one of the marks was on the center cushion where the elbow of the L is, and one was on the cushion to the right of it if you’re sitting on the sofa. I understood what she said but it didn’t really jive with what I was thinking and what I was trying to tell her. I didn’t think it would really make any difference one way or the other but evidently, it does.

After some time, a young man showed up with one cushion cover. He replaced the cover to the cushion that was to the right of the elbow when you’re sitting on it. But for the elbow cushion, he did not have. So he was supposed to fill out something and send it to somebody and then we were supposed to get another cushion for that elbow corner and we haven’t received that yet and it's taking forever. I don’t think they’ve done a terrible job. It’s just that the time doesn’t meet my expectations. I would figure if I gave them a complaint about the marks on the sofa and there was a coverage for that, then they should get that either cleaned or done within a month. I wish all this had taken less time.

Mr. Murrell,

We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience with Guardian! Thank you for taking the time to share it with others.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

A tenant spilled food on my couch and a tech from Guardian arrived in a day or two. He was really nice and did a job that exceeded my expectations.

Ms. Ramser,

We are pleased to hear that you had such an excellent experience with Guardian! Thank you for sharing that you would encourage others to purchase our protection on their furniture.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

On my chaise part of my couch, there were burns on the armrest and the cushions. Guardian came to fix it but they weren’t able to so they replaced the chaise part of my couch. Filing a request was really easy. I had to have paperwork and then I took pictures and sent them in because my couch is only a year old. I sent the pictures as well as all the paperwork and it didn’t take that long. The next thing I knew, the reps came, took the chaise out and brought me another one, and they were excellent. I even had a follow-up call from somebody just to make sure I was happy. This is the first time I’ve ever had to use anything and I was completely happy and thankful. I'm glad I got it and anybody that buys furniture should absolutely get the protection.

Ms. Wells,

We are proud to hear that you had such a great experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service. Thank you for taking the time to give us another 5-star review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

There was pen ink on our couch so we called Guardian for a service request. They responded, checked the date, came out and did it. It took them five days but it was during the holidays so it was pretty quick. The lady even brought us flowers which was really nice.

Factual basis uncertain

I have purchased the sofa/love seat 2 years ago. When I tried to report the damage immediately, would not be able to contact representative within 30/40 min. Even they mention that, we would not lose the line of the call and leave the callback number and you never get the callback. This happened multiple times. Finally got hold of them after one ridiculous hour of wait time on the phone. Now they are rejecting claim due to the reason, I did not get the explanation from my 5 year old kid who did the damage. Also, I did not report immediately.

Ms. Molina,

Thank you for your candid review of your experience with Guardian! We are glad we were able to be of assistance to you for one of life's little mishaps.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I have Guardian's five-year protection plan that covered any spills or rips. When my daughter got sick and she threw up on one of the cushions, I tried to clean it but it didn't work so great so I called Guardian Protection. Their rep told me that somebody would be in contact within a day or two but it took them a little bit longer. It took six days from the time I called to the day they got here. But they cleaned the cushion and it came out really good.

I purchased the plan for a couch and table from Jerome's. At Jerome's they oversold it. Comes to find out it doesn't cover what was originally thought. Fine. I called for a refund. Did not hear back for weeks. Once I mentioned the BBB I was told the refund's representative was on vacation. Now they are unable to coherently understand that I have TWO POLICIES that need to be refunded. Not just one. Even after I say there are TWO, the representative does not want to confirm that there are two policies included in the prorated amount they suggested. I've included photos of my receipts so hopefully they understand they need to adjust the prorated amount based on two policies, not just one.

They will not help you. Please don't buy this. Because even for refund purposes, after a year you won't get anything back because they prorate it. But I rather get some back then give all to a company who wasn't going to help in any sort of way anyway. Save your money and get it repaired by a laborer or tech when the time comes.

Factual basis uncertain

I called to file a claim for damages I saw for the first time two days ago to the facade of a bunk bed. When asked how damage happened, I replied I did not know because I was not there. I was pressed to answer something after several attempts to explain I was not there. I said finally, "Wear and tear, I don't know." And my claim was denied. It was denied based on that wear and tear is not covered, and that my answer could not be explained or changed after the fact. Totally bullying tactic. Consumers beware, this company does not care about the facts of your case, but rather your wording so that it can slither its way out of its obligations. Total racket, worthy of an investigation by the BBB. I want my money back.

Factual basis uncertain

Two person house... Husband and wife. Bought a couch we never sit on. We had a accident of some sort and the cushion on the leather couch got rips/tears. The Guardian pamphlet I received from the sales person at LA-Z-BOY clearly shows accidental rips/tears are covered. Right up until you try to use the coverage. Then they throw every excuse they have at you as to why they won't cover it. The reason ours wasn't covered is because we don't know how it happened. We did have young kids playing near the couch one day and we think that's how it happened. Not good enough for these guys. This protection is a ripoff. They don't cover what they are supposed to cover. Avoid wasting your money on this.

Mr. Peterson,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with Guardian!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We had a pet urine stain on our couch, so I called Guardian, and they were very helpful and friendly. I got an appointment set up, but I called the next day because we needed it expedited, and they were able to get somebody out within two days. They've been wonderful, and I was very happy with it.

Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for your review of you experience with Guardian. We are happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The furniture I got from Bob's had a spot on it so I called Guardian. The lady on the phone was a tad deaf that I had to repeat everything at least five times. I had been told to tell them literally the exact same name on the list, otherwise, they'll get so confused. They are given a list and are told to check it twice. I was trying to be detailed in explaining myself but she was confused. So I opened the list, told the lady about it and she understood.

She told me to take pictures and send it to them. Within two days, I got a phone call from the guy that was supposed to come out and he said he was available for the following day, and it worked with my schedule. He was very prompt and came at exactly the hour he told me he was going to be. He was very professional and was literally in-and-out. It took him less than 10 minutes and told me not to touch it for 24 hours. The spot went away. Although it's ironic that they gave me a cleaning kit because when I purchased it originally, according to the paper they gave me, I shouldn’t try to do anything to it if I get a spot or anything. But I haven't actually used the kit.

We purchased a bunch of furniture in june for our living room, which we will be paying on for a long time. One of our chairs wood was cracked and the seat is stained and the color faded. I have young children and could not say exactly how these things happened so they denied our claim. The sole reason I purchased this was because I was told basically anything my kids could do to our furniture in regards messing it up would be covered. Anyone with kids knows things happen when you are not in the room, or you dont notice it the second it happens, etc. etc.

My 2 year old cannot give me an explanation and I was unsure of how these things happened so I was honest about that and because I don't know what happened its therefore not covered. I find this beyond ridiculous. I still paid for the service for them to fix things if needed, the issue is theyre clearly shown in pictures but since my two year old cant say "hey mom I rubbed xyz on the couch," or bla, bla, bla our money was not well spent on Guardian. They go out of their way to ensure its as hard as possible to get a claim approved. Forewarning to anyone with animals or young children who cannot explain things, this is a waste of money.

I purchased new furniture on 10/22/2016 with a warranty with Guardian. I went home and read the reviews as soon as I had time to considering that I had 30 days to cancel and on 11/07/2016 I ordered a cancellation with refund in writing and on the phone. I called back a couple of weeks later and was told that the refund was getting processed and would take 6 weeks for the refund. I called today 12/28/2016 and asked about the refund and was told that I need to send a copy of the invoice even though they got a copy from Ashley Furniture. I faxed it to them immediately and was told that I must wait at least 24 hours for them to get the fax. I will call back tomorrow but they are giving me the run around to try to keep my $349.99. The phone system don't work properly for you to get to the correct department as well. Imagine that.

Ms. Rohner,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your experience with Guardian!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We got a light colored couch and we're having a baby so we got a furniture protection plan from Guardian. The customer service reps were great and very helpful. We had a stain on the couch from our dog so I filed a claim and the contractor came two days later. He was wonderful.

I bought a $2000 table and bought the extended warranty knowing I have 4 small kids. I sent a claim for two incidents that occurred within a week of each other and they denied it because they claim they didn't occur at the same time - I never said they did! I think this company will do anything to avoid fixing a claim. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! They should be ashamed of themselves promising to cover any accidental damage and then denying claims as they see fit. I spent a lot of hard earned money on my table and the extended warranty and now it's ruined!

Ms. Cash,

Guardian has reviewed your filed service request (#5848777). While we understand your concerns, the protection plan you purchased provides coverages for accidental stains and damages as outlined in the plan. It is intended to provide peace of mind in the event that accidents, such as the accidentally spilled coffee that you described, were to happen. It is not, however, a product guarantee nor an extension of your manufacturer's warranty. Any quality or workmanship concerns with your ottoman should be brought to the attention of your retailer. We also are concerned to hear that your plan may have been oversold. We will certainly follow up with the retailer to ensure that they are properly educating our mutual customers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The first mistake I made was listening to the salesperson at the furniture store. I purchased a 5 year protection plan and the decorative stitching pulled loose. No fault of my own. I called and was told stitching is not covered. So, the plan covers if I slop coffee but it doesn't cover elements that are not quality and can't hold up more than a couple years of easy and gentle use. So the loose stitching snags on things and I have strings hanging all over it. Waste of money.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you for providing your feedback Michelle! It is fantastic to hear that you had a positive experience with your representative - I will be sure to send kudos their way. Unfortunately, the Guardian plan only covers stains, not odors. That being said, I will make sure to send you some of our excellent cleaning supplies as requested, and apologize for that delay.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

We called Guardian for a service request sine our cat peed on the couch. The rep I filed my request with was excellent, and it took two days for a service technician to arrive. However, I asked several times for the cleaning kit and they kept telling me they would give it to me, but no one ever did. Also, the couch still smells like cat pee.

Christine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review of your experience with Guardian. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I have animals in the house, so, I thought getting a Guardian Protection was a good idea as I might need those with my couch. Their customer service rep was quick because from the time we filed a request, it only took two days for them to come. Their technician was polite and on time. So far, they've met our expectations.

Guardian Protection Products

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience with Guardian, Bob's, and your technician. We hope to continue to provide you with excellent service in the future!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I got my Guardian Protection through Bob's Discount Furniture and they were selling it as Goof Proof as one package, and it made more sense to buy for the piece of furniture that I made because it covers the whole thing such as scratches, marks etc. for about five years. Bob's customer service was great. I called Bob's and all I had to do was take a picture and send it as a text message to some number. I had someone call and come over, they took a look and they fixed it. The technician was good. He came in within the prescribed window, did his work and left. So, I'm happy with that.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile