2. Homeowners
Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (49 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: July 8, 2021

I reluctantly purchased 5year coverage when I purchased some theater seats at Jerome's. The salesman clearly told me they cover anything that happens, rips, tears, etc. A week after they delivered the furniture, an item broke. Jeromes came out and fixed it becuase it was under warranty. They said if it happens again to call Guardian and they will cover it. Sure enough, it happened again. When I called, of course they denied the claim!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM GUARDIAN!! TOTAL RIP OFF!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I bought a couch from Ashley Furniture back in December 2018; and also bought a 5 year Guardian Protection plan. The leather is peeling off the arm, so I contacted Guardian and they are saying that is an exclusion from my plan, so they won't pay. The $269.99 I paid for the plan is money down the drain. These plans are a rip off or a scam.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2021

This is a joke of a company who just takes your money but doesn't wanna honor their contract to fix anything by claiming your accident "isn't covered under our warranty". I honestly don't know what is covered. Companies should not be offering this joke of a protection plan and their customer service is terrible. Save your money because none of your stuff will actually be protected.

Original review: May 22, 2021

If I could give this company 0 stars I would! This company simply receives all of its money from scamming paying customers. I put in a claim for my bed for "accidental damages" and they claimed that my "accident" wasn't considered an accident. The MANAGER gave me an example (after I asked what type of accident would warrant an approval) and she said "If I'm walking and trip over my cat and fall on the bed and it breaks, that's the type of accidental damage we cover." HOW BOGUS and made up is that! I explained to them that the wooden pieces (which is what they cover) broke which caused the entire bed to break, therefore allowing the screws to come out and they came with yet ANOTHER excuse as to why they "don't cover" stating that the pictures I provided weren't what they needed.

The representative was rude and the "manager" had the worst excuses and quite honestly there is no way for me to break a bed just by tripping over an animal and falling on it. All claims will be denied so don't waste your time and money purchasing this. JUST HOPE THAT YOUR PRODUCT HOLDS UP FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!! DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS "COMPANY."

Original review: May 21, 2021

Everyone needs to know not to waste their money on any products or “protection” plans with this company. Had an accidental tear and they claimed too close to the seam and won’t cover. DON’T waste your money here. They will only take it, laugh and deny any claim for whatever reason they can cook up. Rooms to Go should be ashamed for even being in bed with such a trash company.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Bought a lift chair for my mother from Boscov's. Offer of furniture from damage was offered and since she is in this chair 23 hours a day I thought it made sense. Big mistake. Boscov's has me go thru Guardian for anything. Remote to do the functions of the chair and the purpose of it is to lift. Remote was frayed and had to fight to get any resolution. Went to the store and complained and they sold me a remote since she cannot use the chair without a it lifting her. This stopped my claim for a replacement remote, which I had to replace call. They told me that they cannot send someone since I bought a new one. I fought to get them to put in claim and waited 5 weeks to have someone come to the house, could not just send me a remote. This was the start of the pandemic, so I was ok since we had a working remote.

They send a technician who was a no show as scheduled and then 2 hours late second day, only to come and take pictures just as I had to do and brought the wrong remote. Had to wait another 6 weeks to get remote and they did mail that to me. One year late the third remote we have is struggling and now at 5 weeks to get a replacement and still in process. I will NEVER buy a warranty under this insurance company.

Guardian Protection Products response
    Hi Suzan,
    I am sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately, you have posted to the wrong company. We are Guardian Protection security systems and only offer professionally installed and monitored security systems for homes and businesses. You will want to repost this on the correct company’s site in hopes of receiving a response to your need. I have reached out to Consumer Affairs to advise them of the error. Best of luck with your issue.
    Mary Lynn M.

Guardian Protection

Original review: March 13, 2021

This company is a complete scam. They have terrible customer service and run you around in circles. It takes months to get anywhere with your claim and when you finally get someone to come they use a cleaner you could buy from Walmart for 40 dollars. The furniture wasn’t cleaned properly and smelt terrible after they “cleaned” it. Do not purchase anything from this company. I wish I would have seen reviews before I lost my money.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We're bought furniture at Bob's Discount Furniture and our salesman sold us their "Goof Proof Kit" which is by Guardian Protection Products. We questioned the salesman a lot, asking what about this, what about that? To every question he said, Yep, it's covered, anything is covered for 5 years. It's goof proof. Now almost 3 years later, we turned in some claims and every one of them was denied, saying "...the stains/damages below are not coverages of your plan." I called Bob's and complained to them about this. After a couple of calls, their final answer, "There's nothing we can do about it." BEWARE!! Guardian Protection Products, Inc. is a TOTAL RIPOFF!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

This plan is scam. I had rips in my sofa that I bought in 2018. I’ve called multiple times and they kept putting me on hold and then rejected my claim saying that it had to be accidental tears and the poor quality of furniture is not their responsibility. No matter how many proofs you provide they will find some way not to pay your claim. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. They are fraud people.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We bought a couch and like fools we paid the $100 for the warranty for it through Guardian. We needed to use the warranty and it look 2-3 months to even get it accepted. It took an additional 1.5 months for them to fully accept and give us replacement options. Multiple times they told us they were going to cover the cost in full to get a brand new replacement for us. When it came down to it they gave us less than half of what the couch costs to buy. They are not budging on the offer. I am tired of dealing with them so we accepted it so we can try and move on. They told us we could either get a check sent to us or they could credit our account with the furniture retailer.

We decided to get a check sent to us so we could make a new purchase and avoid paying the shipping costs because that’s the furniture company policy which we verified with them. No Guardian is going back once again on their word and is saying they will not send a check to us and they will credit our furniture account. So at this point we’re stuck with 40% value in credit of what we paid for and we must pay $500-$600 in shipping to get a new couch. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They never answer their phones to leave you on hold for hours at a time, when they do answer they just tell things you want to hear just to go back on their word at a later time. They are in my opinion a fraudulent company and I don’t understand how they’re allowed to treat paying customers like this. They are deceitful and immoral. Please do not do business with them.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team