2.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

736 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

We have a Guardian protection plan for our indoor sofa and it was pretty easy to make a request for service although I didn’t realize the depth of what was required. They were showing me the copy of the agreement and the furniture purchased but I really didn’t know about that. The young man who came out was very pleasant though. He arrived on time and did a great job in cleaning my cushions.

The request was really for the cushions because I have four dogs. But my impression was that the entire sofa was gonna be cleaned. However, when I asked him if he could spot-clean something on one of the arms of the sofa, he said he couldn't do anything that wasn’t listed on the actual work order. Since I had called specifically about the cushions, that was the only thing on the work order and that was the only thing he was allowed to touch. That was kinda weird and I was surprised by that. But maybe that’s their policy. Nonetheless, I was very pleased with the service and the young man who did the cleaning.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

During the first part of October, our daughter was here. She was in the loveseat and put it up and down. Then we went to use it in the morning and the left side wouldn’t work. We didn’t know what happened. I knew we had the protection plan and so I went to the outlet store, but they said they couldn’t help and gave me the name to call. It was the wrong company though and I went back again. Then they changed the service plans of the company and the help wasn’t really happy. They finally got ahold of Guardian Protection Products, which was the company that fixed the loveseat. It went fairly smoothly, after quite a bit of time.

From when I filed the claim to when somebody came out, it took over a month. A lady from Minneapolis came and did an excellent job. She was very qualified, knowledgeable and even had a sense of humor. We tipped the loveseat over and her first response that it was really serious. Then she smiled and said that tie strap underneath had come unplugged. The tie strap underneath was too tight against the spring, so it unplugged itself after the loveseat was put up and down I don’t know how many times. She was surprised herself. I could’ve done it myself but I didn’t know what was wrong. I expected the motor or the electronics to be out. I’m glad we had Guardian Protection Products. I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I’m very happy that my family and I had purchased the Guardian protection plan. It’s very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone who gets furniture. It’s important to have protection plans because things do happen. Our couch bed had pet stains on it and when I filed the request, the people I dealt with were very helpful and professional. They wanted to make sure that I had the protection plan and they gathered all the information that they needed from me. They were also very detail-oriented. They wanted to know the detail of what the problem was so I explained what my problem was and what I would like to see happen. Then they explained that they would try to take care of the problem and if not, then they would replace the couch bed.

My concern was that the service technician would take long. I was trying to prevent it from being a situation where the couch bed would need to be replaced. But the service technicians came after two days of the call and I was glad because the couch bed could’ve been soiled. When I opened the door, they introduced and identified themselves. I asked them what they were gonna do and they explained the process. Initially, they were gonna try to take care of this thing and see if they can correct the problem as opposed to trying to just replace something. They gathered information to find out what actually happened. Then they explained to me what they were gonna do in cleaning it. They were polite, friendly, professional and very helpful in explaining part of the process.

I also watched them. They were using some of the equipment and they explained what they were gonna do. They got the stain out and I haven’t smelled anything. So I feel confident with the Guardian protection plan. In fact, I’m gonna give them another call because I need my table tightened. Some of the screws came out and it’s under the protection plan as well.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Guardian is well worth it. I do not usually buy a protection plan but I purchased it on several different things and it is mostly on lighter-colored living room and family room furniture. I just repurchased a whole new set for a family room and since it is light colored, I added it again to Guardian. Recently, I used it as there was a stain that appeared on my ottoman that I couldn’t get out with just warm water. Filing for a service request was very easy. I called them then someone called me to make an appointment. The rep was very polite and good. She worked around my schedule and was quick to dispatch a service tech. Then the tech called me and made the appointment. He also worked around my schedule and came later in the evening which was good. He had helpful ideas about some of the pilling I was getting on the furniture and how to get rid of it and what I can do to treat it. He was very good.

Guardian Protection Products response

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

One of our Yorkies threw up on both cushions of the loveseat and I was very annoyed and upset. I picked up the chunks and took a clean white washcloth. I just pressed it in as best as I could as there was some moisture there and I didn’t use any cleaning products as I knew that we bought this Guardian Protection when we got the furniture from La-Z-Boy. There was a little stain on both cushions for a couple of days that we could see after I did my cleaning and so we called La-Z-Boy to have them come out.

On the day that they coming, I noticed that the stain wasn't there anymore. I even picked up the cushions and took them to the window in daylight and I couldn’t see it. Then when the guy was there, we did the same. I spent my time apologizing that I called them out. I also asked that if we ever have another real problem that comes up, that this does null and void our policy and he said not at all, so I thanked him. He came out to professionally do whatever he needed to do and he didn’t even have to do anything. I have nothing but good to say about Guardian.

Guardian Protection Products response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I read the comments after I filed my claim. As expected nothing I would claim is covered. They even claim the incident is not a single incident (now they are detectives as well!!). So they won't cover anything, won't even accept responses. Wasted my time taking photos. How is this company even surviving. Complete rip off!! DO NOT PURCHASE this plan at all...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Was encouraged by Renegade Coleman Furniture to purchase the Guardian 5 yr warranty for my new furniture. Guardian does NOT cover anything they claim. They parse words to violate their own agreement... Do not purchase this phony warranty!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My wife accidentally spilled coffee on our couch. We used the cleaning kit given by Guardian Protection Products the same day that the spill happened. Additionally, we submitted a service request to them and it was a very smooth and simple experience. The tech who came did a great job and there's no stain on the couch anymore. Also, he gave us a couple of tips to prevent spills from soaking all the way and how to use the kit next time. I'm very happy with this service.

Roberto Swazo,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and quick resolution in your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Contacted them and was told told they don't cover manufacturer defects when clearly states it does. Furniture is ready for the trash. But if I burned it or ripped it they would cover it. Makes no sense to me. This has been going on for a year. Furniture was is a year old and ready to junk. Ashley Furniture said Guardian would cover it. LMAO. As long as you don't sit on it but look at it everything is good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I called Guardian Protection Products for the scratches at the top of our table, and they came and fixed it. Everything was good. So, we're purchasing now from Bob's and I just added the protection too because it's pretty good. I like it.

Zalina Abasova,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs