2.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

450 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Purchased a couch and loveseat from Huffman Koos less the 2 years ago. The cushions are attached to the back of the couch. My husband sat on the couch and the cushion ripped from the back. The material had a 8 to 10 inch rip across the back. I called the insurance asked them for a repair. After being interrogated, was told this is normal wear and tear, claim denied. I asked for a supervisor, said they are on other calls. I asked to wait, had me on hold ten minutes and said they would have to call back. 24 hours, still no callback. I will continue to pursue this, I paid to have my furniture insured. I just bought furniture from Bob's (I haven't had to use the insurance) apparently they use this insurance co also. I will not buy from Bob's, Huffman Koos or any furniture company that uses this insurance company. Buyer beware!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased Guardian from our furniture store when we bought a new sofa. After a couple years, I noticed that discoloration and lumpiness in the cushions. When I called Guardian, I was on hold for over 30 minutes! Just to make a claim about the sofa. After all the questions and warnings of "once I submit this, we won't be able to make any changes", she tells me that I am only covered by accidents. I am writing this to say, it's not worth purchasing this product-no matter how much the salesperson tells you it is. Not to mention it takes 40+ minutes to get someone on the phone. You're better off buying some fabric cleaner and doing it yourself.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

A total scam. Please save your money towards your new purchase. Bob’s furniture will blame it on them and they’ll blame it Bob's ”manufacturing defect” so therefore it will never get fixed. The only insurance company that doesn’t really cover your purchase. Sad day. They will hear from my attorney next. I will never purchase goof proof insurance thru them ever. SCAMMER ALERT.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Had purchased the warranty plan for furniture. When time came to use the warranty, they found apparently an exclusion in very very very small print, that I didn't get when I purchased the plan. SCAMMERS. Do not use this company. It's not worth it. Save your money.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I bought a sofa set from Bob's Furniture with Goof Proof and was told it will cover the entire sofa. Kids had a party, while playing ripped one sofa. Called 1800-538-9500 and email the photos along with the receipt. Spoke with number of people starting with Amber, Jackie, Daniel, Kenya, Carla. Every time they give me run around, saying we did not receive either the photo or sometimes the receipt. I emailed them 8 times. At one point one rep said, "Oh yes. We have it and the technician will call in 10 days." It's been 21 days and when I call, they are saying they don't have the receipt yet. It is ridiculous and harassment to the consumer who already paid for the service and in return getting frustration. NEVER BUY GOOF PROOF WITH PAYING EXTRA MONEY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

No matter what you tell them, they are likely to reject the claim unless it is a stain. I wanted the associate to transfer the call to supervisor and she said only way is to email a group. When I insisted, she said the supervisor can call back in 24 hrs. When I insisted again, she transferred the call to someone. Says it all.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Bought 2 beds. They found a way not to cover the first one. Now they need proof of purchase for the second one. Please read all reviews before you in my opinion get your money taken. This company will interrogate you like the FBI in bank robbery case. If you purchase insurance, and file a claim why can't Guardian just fix it, repair it or replace it. Don't be fooled by some savvy talking furniture salesman who gets kickbacks for selling you fairy tale insurance. Be wise. 113 complaints last year. I'm sure they will have 2xs has much this year.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Our Guardian Protection plan covers any kind of stain. When I spoke to their customer service rep, he answered my questions. Their technician came in about five days. And he cleaned the spot off and did a good job. It wasn't completely gone but it was enough. He made us so happy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 30 minutes on the phone I was told that my problem wasn't covered because I could not tell them exactly when it happened. Jerome's should be ashamed of themselves for being affiliated with this scam company. The associate didn't seem to be paying attention as I had to repeat things several times. Not worth the $129.99 I paid for the protection.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I got a protection plan on my couch for stains as well as on a bunch of furniture for scratches and any issues with drawers. I filed a claim on the couch and the rep I dealt with was fantastic. She answered all of my questions and I had somebody out within a couple of weeks. However, the issue was a mechanism that was moving weirdly and the tech had to tighten some bolts, but it seemed to be working.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have the Indoor Furniture Protection Plan on both our chairs for five years. The back of one chair was working loose and the technician was here in just a few days. It was quick. He came in and tightened things up. The chair is working fine now. Filing the request with Guardian was a pleasant experience as well.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I got the five year protection plan from Guardian where I can basically burn a cigarette hole into the furniture. The only thing they wouldn’t cover is animal things, like my cat ripping the furniture, but they cover anything else. The furniture had a stain on the arm and I had no clue how it got there. I called the number they had on my father's furniture, I waited for 45 minutes and then got disconnected. I called again, waited for 45 minutes and got disconnected again so I was getting pissed off. They should be answering the phone a lot faster than that. I called the store and they connected me to the place, and once I was able to contact them and get somebody to do the work, everything worked out perfectly.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

When I called to file a claim due to stains and a scratch on the leather, I already knew they were trying to set me up with the questions to "qualify the claim." Lo and behold, she came back a minute later saying that my claim wasn't covered due to some made up BS reasons, including the fact that I reported a change of color instead of a stain! What a joke, total rip-off.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN. We purchased our couch in 2015 and all has been well. I attempted to use the $70-5 year protection plan that we purchased with the couch, for the first time today. After answering 20 questions online (like a police interrogation) about the 1 ink pen stain, I was called and asked the same 20 questions again. Then I was put on a brief hold. When the woman came back, she said, "Sorry... the stain wasn't in the last 30 days so we can't help you." So I said, "Great! I will just go home, put a new ink pen stain on purpose and give you guys a callback!"

How ridiculous. This "protection plan" is just a way for Jerome's and Guardian to make extra money. I truly wonder how many claims are denied each day, as opposed to how many are actually approved. I'm gonna guess the odds lean heavily on the denial side. I will never purchase any type of plan like this again if I have to jump through hoops to reap the benefits. Such a scam!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Stay away from this company... Biggest scam. You pay $400 for a warranty that is suppose to cover everything according to the sales person, but when you put a claim in... Forget it. You are not covered. This company has horrible reviews all over the internet and should be shut down.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Purchased Guardian Protection 5 year 1 plan protection program with new furniture purchased in Osage Beach, Mo 11/16. The furniture purchased was placed in a vacation home which isn't used on a regular basis. This past weekend, a 3 inch cut was noted on the front of the Right Arm of the La-Z-Boy Twin Sleeper. Today, I filing claim with Guardian, it was denied because I wasn't sure how the cut got there although I told customer service it looks like a cut from a box cutter when the chair was being taken out of its original packing. Purchased warranty for $110, huge disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017
I purchased a sofa set from Jerome's Furniture. I purchased the Insurance plan only to find out they are a BIG HOAX!! The large sofa tore during our Thanksgiving dinner by accident. My niece sat on it and caught her heel on the seat cushion by accident. To begin with the main sofa seat cushions are loose due to wear and tear. I called Guardian on 11/25/17 submitted a claim. I received an email 12/01/17 stating they had received my claim and pictures to allow 5 days for a response.

It is now 12/15/17 and no response.

I called this morning 12/15/17 only to find out my claim what DENIED. The insurance policy clearly states it covers accidental punctures/rip/tear/cut on fabric or leather. I spoke to Rhonda. At first she could not find my account or claim and requested all types of information from me. Only to tell me to go back to Jerome's Furniture. I paid $1,884.96 cash when I purchased my sofa set and insurance. It is now a year and have not yet had to use this service. Unfortunately this incident happened during our Thanksgiving dinner. I will make sure everyone know what a ripoff this company is.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Just run away and NEVER buy their protection plan. I have two kids in my house and that's why I got this protection plan to cover myself against any accident. I called them when I see a tear in my sofa when I came back from work. I called them to file the claim and the customer service representative while filing the claim asked me if I was home at the time of accident and describe how exactly it occurred.

I said I was not at home and kids were with nanny so I don't have exact details but it was one time accident. I also told them that I was calling from work so I don't have kids or nanny with me but I can surely say that it was an accident it occurred just 2 days ago. She put me on hold for some time and came back to me saying that they will not cover it because I didn't give them details about how exactly accident occurred. I reconfirmed to her that it was an accident happened in my absence done by kids and I don't know what they expected me to do here. Is it expected for me to be rough with my child and make them admit to Guardian people on phone what mistake they did?

To make it worse they are saying that they will not cover anything related to this sofa even in the future because this claim has been denied and I may call them for the same thing in the future! Really? If you are the most unethical company it doesn't mean that all people out there are like you... save your hard earned money and NEVER ever buy any warranty from them in the future. I am a website developer myself and I am going to make sure that I broadcast this message everywhere and promote this fraud Guardian is doing to as much people as I can so that people save their hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Terrible company, don't waste your money or believe their protection plan coverage. We called to make a claim on a chair that the chair broke when we sat down on it, the leg just snapped at the point where it is attached to the chair frame. Company said sitting on the chair is normal wear and tear. What a joke. They said it has to be an accident. We called back letting them know we had moved the day before, so apparently it probably was damaged with the move that we couldn't see but caused the weakness. They still won't back the protection plan. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH GUARDIAN PROTECTION!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The technician from Guardian Protection Products came and told me his full name. I have three recliners and I told them it’s the power supply because if I put the power supply from another one, the recliner works. He said the motor wasn’t bad but he still needs to look at it and it was understandable. He switched out the power supply of the recliner and everything’s working fine. It took him less than 10 minutes to fix it. However, it took two weeks to get the technician to come out and I wish it didn't take them long. If it was something that I needed like an electronic and I had to wait two weeks, I would have been a little on the upset side. Other than that, Guardian Protection Products worked and I had no problem getting my product fixed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

This by far is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They use different verbiage so they don't have to guarantee the warranty on the protection plan purchased. I would never purchase another warranty through them. Buyer beware... this is the only reason why I am writing a review. Save your money $$$. I got accidentally disconnected by manager Nikki and she did not call me back... hence they have your phone number.

So I called back and had to be on hold again. This time I spoke with manager Robin who used the word not eligible to get it fixed through a photo that I had to send. The frame accidentally broke where the rivets are. This is a one time incident. This was not covered! I'm 53 years old had have never had a bed frame break! Save your money $ and the hassle. Other extended warranties I have purchased, they schedule the appointment and send someone out to fix it. No problems or hassle. This company you take photos and wait. Their return of phone calls lack! They aren't about excellent service that's for sure.

Sharon,

I am so sorry for the phone call issues you had here at Guardian. We are resolving those internally and we do take these matters very seriously. However we do not cover breakage on a bed from normal use. I have reached out to your retailer to see if they have any recourse to assist you with this matter. We will be contacting you very shortly to go over this information.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I got the Guardian Protection for my couch since I have a cat and was told that it covered pet stains. Unless you don't use their approved stain removal which is only their product. Which was conveniently not told to me at the time. I called and told them what I use, and it was not approved so there is nothing that they can do. Don't get the protection plan, waste of money!

Kelsey,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are reviewing your request and a representative will be contacting you to go over some information.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I bought a bedroom set a few years back from Gardner-White. They pretty much forced us to buy the protection plan!! We had it delivered and after they set up our set we noticed that the tall dresser had a bunch of scratches on it so we called and somebody came out and we were told that they cannot fix it. We didn’t push any further because the dresser was up against a wall anyways but fast forward to last month I called to have someone come out and fix the leg on our bed that’s broken. We have no idea how it happened so they said it was not covered! I have sent 3 emails now to get a refund for the plan since we technically have not used it. I have not received any form of communication back from them yet!!

Autumn,

We are so sorry you have been experiencing this issue. You should be expecting a call from us within 24-48 hours.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

This is the worst insurance that anyone can get for their furniture. If I could have given them a zero I would have. My sofa was accidentally stuck in the door and got damage. I call customer service. They were rude. I called the DM. He haven't returned my call. What is the point of paying extra money for insurance when you get treated like crap and nothing get done. I want to talk to someone regarding this. It's not fair and professional.

Sharon,

We are so sorry for the experience you had with this. Someone will be contacting you shortly to go over this with you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Guardian Protection Products was part of the packet when I bought my couch at Bob’s Furniture. I had a little nephew who peed on my couch and had some chocolate, and both of them dropped on the couch. I received a cleaning kit with the purchase of the furniture protection plan but it didn’t work at all, though. I put it on the couch and the spot where it was a little damp grew. It expanded and there was a big ring there. When we called Guardian, they were courteous and professional and it was an excellent experience. This nice fellow came out in just a couple of days and took care of it immediately and it was a very good service. It only took him about one minute because there was only one cushion that was messed up. I’m very grateful for this company and that was a good move that I made. They did a great job. I hope I don’t have to call them again but if I do, I know they’re there.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Purchased a wooden bunk bed set and the goof proof - when called to have covered got the runaround, when trying to cancel my goof proof and secure my $ that I spent - they declined. Waste of time, waste of $, terrible company and I will continuously spread the word and review the company as many times. This bed is unsafe and should my child get hurt on this POS quality of yours I will be sure to seek litigation.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I called to put in a claim on damage to furniture that I purchased from Bob's and I had purchased the 5-year plan (extended protection plan) Goof Proof Plus - Guardian protection as well. Recently I noticed that the reclining mechanism of one the sofas was broken (it was an accident that caused it to break). And the protection plan supposedly covers accidents. However - since the sofas are in the basement - I did not know exactly when the accident occurred. When I called to report the accident, they said that it was covered by the Plan but since I did not know the exact time when it happened - they would not be covering it. What nonsense is that!

They gave me a horrible time about not knowing the exact date. As a figure of speech - I had said "maybe it happened a couple of months" And the representative recorded a date that was exactly 60 days prior and then they denied the claim based on the fact that it was more than 30 days since the damage occurred. I instructed them to go back and listen to the recorded conversation - where I had said "I don't remember the exact date". And it was the representative who said "October 1st" and not I. I had used "a couple of months" as a figure of speech. It was one of my worst experiences - I was made to feel like a liar! They are just horrible people - totally unwilling to work with people or make any accommodations. Just a bunch of cheats! I will NEVER AGAIN buy Guardian protection plan and will recommend all our friends and colleagues not to buy it either.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Save your money this company covers nothing! Got my couches less than 2 years ago. My aging cat peed on one & kept coming back to the scent. Called & asked if they could clean both couches. The one they denied me because even though my kids wiped their ketchup hands and stuff on it that is considered everyday wear and tear :/ but the other one they would do, they came out. The guy that cleaned it was nice.

Got a letter in the mail that was very rudely written. Not only that they addressed it under my name but started the letter Dear **. Really I guess they send these letters bitching that they serviced you couch but cuz it was an odor it wasn't covered on their warranty. Wtf did I pay for?! They said it was viral visible stains umm you could see the stains easily but the technician didn’t take a before shot... but since it didn’t register on their black light it didn’t count... cuz we all have black lights in our home to determine if something falls under covered or not.

Save your money as they don’t clean up stains, urine, or anything... and then they are plain ** rude about it... put the money you are going with and put it in a saving container and hire someone with more Integrity. That can remove stains and Odor and natural wear and tear of the furniture. A lot cheaper and less hassle... Glad I found this out before I was about to buy my basement furniture, definitely will bring it up with the company I do business with when buying my furniture they might want to know that Guardian is not a customer friendly place. I also let my friends and family know... lesson learned. PS the odor is still there. I’m sure they cared to know that??? PSS on the order # dont know if it’s mine or the other person that it’s address to.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I pay for Premium Protection, and after 9 months, there is a tear in the leather from the stitching... And I am advised that it is not covered... So literally if I slice it up accidentally with something sharp... It's covered... But if the QUALITY of the product is poor, it is not covered. Disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Guardian Protection came with our couch, and when its springs popped, we had the technician come out. He said he couldn’t repair them and he ordered us new couch cushions but we haven’t seen them yet. And that’s been about two weeks so I’d give them a couple of more weeks to get the order together, then my wife will call them to find out where the couch cushions are. But Guardian was very good. They were thorough and very prompt at getting out. It’s been a good experience so far.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information

www.guardianproducts.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use