4.03/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

613 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We had a dog spot on the couch, and so I called Guardian to clean it. Reaching them was easy. It was a urine on the seat, so they've put it up the priority status to get someone out quicker. The service technician called me within a day or two. It took him five to six days to come out though but that was fine. He was super nice, professional and easy going. He brought in his own super-duper Shop-Vac and the ones that shoot out the water. He cleaned the entire thing. He also brought his own mat to put down, so that nothing spilled out onto our carpet. It was definitely a thorough job. I've used Guardian's protection plan twice and I love it so far. We still have a couple of years left on it, so it's definitely worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

With kids, purchasing a protection plan from the furniture store was a good idea. My wife called in a request as there was water spilled on the furniture and it made a stain for whatever reason. Filing the request with Guardian was fairly easy and they did well on customer service. We couldn't get our schedules together so the service technician was scheduled for dispatch after 2 or 3 weeks. He was there when he said he'd be there, he cleaned the furniture and he did a good job. I was perfectly satisfied with it. Guardian did their job and has done it well. Their protection plan is well-worth what it cost me to get it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

During the first part of October, our daughter was here. She was in the loveseat and put it up and down. Then we went to use it in the morning and the left side wouldn’t work. We didn’t know what happened. I knew we had the protection plan and so I went to the outlet store, but they said they couldn’t help and gave me the name to call. It was the wrong company though and I went back again. Then they changed the service plans of the company and the help wasn’t really happy. They finally got ahold of Guardian Protection Products, which was the company that fixed the loveseat. It went fairly smoothly, after quite a bit of time.

From when I filed the claim to when somebody came out, it took over a month. A lady from Minneapolis came and did an excellent job. She was very qualified, knowledgeable and even had a sense of humor. We tipped the loveseat over and her first response that it was really serious. Then she smiled and said that tie strap underneath had come unplugged. The tie strap underneath was too tight against the spring, so it unplugged itself after the loveseat was put up and down I don’t know how many times. She was surprised herself. I could’ve done it myself but I didn’t know what was wrong. I expected the motor or the electronics to be out. I’m glad we had Guardian Protection Products. I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Once, my recliner went halfway up and just stopped. I filed a claim with Guardian Protection Products and I had a great experience. A guy came a week after I did that. He was really nice and was a joy to have in the house. He turned the chair over and looked. At first, he said that he couldn't find anything wrong. He then messed with the chair. It came up a little bit, and then it stopped again. He then turned the chair over and he found a bare wire, which he re-wired. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I got Guardian Protection because of Murphy's law so my furniture wouldn't get so messed up. Then, my little dog got sick on my couch and it was easy to file a request. The wait time on the phone was astronomical and long, 30 minutes plus, so I got online and submitted stuff. Guardian took 5 days to dispatch a service technician and my experience with him was super easy and quick. Apparently, dog sickness is easy to get up. The couch is now good and Guardian has done well. I appreciate it. Guardian's plan is definitely worth it if you need it. Typically, one would need it over five years so I'm glad I did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

They will find any reason in the world not to honor their services that we pay for. Waste of human life. Absolute garbage people. My chair has a 5 year warranty and it's only 1 1/2 years old. I travel for work and leave it at my mom's house and it will working and they refuse to fix it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The experience started with a 45 minute hold to file a claim. The rep was nice and told me they could send a tech out to look at the chair. They told me it could be up to 15 business days to be contacted. I followed up with an email at 9 business days and they said it was pending. On day 14, I had a missed call from them. I called back and was place on hold for over 30 minutes and then offered the option for them to hold my place in line and get a callback. I chose that option and no one called back. I called again the next day and was on hold for over an hour to get a rep. I was informed my claim had been denied. When I questioned the rep further, she shared the details of my claim and the information was incorrect.

She resubmitted the claim and told me a tech would be contacting me to come look at the chair. I let the rep know we were moving out of state which is why I had called 7 weeks prior to our move. She assured me they could get someone out soon to get it taken care of. I received a call three days later from a company wanting to schedule someone to come out and look at the chair. They told me the soonest they could come out was in over 2 weeks, no exceptions. This puts me at 5 weeks since my initial call. Due to the lack of expediency through this whole process, I decided to file the claim because I knew this would not be resolved before I move.

Of course, I had to call to cancel the claim. I waited 27 minutes to talk to a person. She then asked me to hold and I was on hold for another 39 minutes before I got to speak to someone to cancel my claim. I would not recommend this service to anyone. I never write reviews but I will be writing several about my horrible experience with Guardian Protection Products. Do better! I feel as though their system is set up to make people give up. Shame on you and shame on The Room Place for peddling such a terrible product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I got Guardian's furniture protection in case something happened and then an incident occurred. There was a spill on my couch and so after I filed a request, they helped me and sent someone out to clean it up. I love the service that was provided.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The end recliner on my reclining couch broke in Sept. I immediately filed a claim. After numerous calls, emails and constantly following up my couch was replaced 2 months later. When they came to switch out my couch, we noticed that the metal piece that was broken under the couch had digging into our tile every time someone sat on the couch. We were not aware of this at the time. This caused damage to 2 of our the large custom tiles. I called Guardian and wanted to file a claim on the damage to our tile. They refused and said it was not their problem.

I have never dealt with such a terrible company. It takes forever to speak to someone, nobody knows what is going on and the people are just rude and arrogant. They took over 2 months to replace a part of my couch that was clearly broken. Had I not followed up constantly, nothing would have ever gotten done. I literally spend hours on the phone dealing with this. Now I have damaged tile from their defective furniture and they will not even do the right thing.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Accidents happen so I got Guardian's protection plan and it's worth it. My husband tripped over my dog's bone when he was walking towards the couch with a big bowl of cereal. He fell on the couch and so did all the milk. I filed a request with Guardian and it was very easy. They were responsive and quick. The guy came to the house within 2 weeks and he was really nice. Now, the couch doesn't smell bad anymore which is a good thing. The cleaning kit given during the purchase of the plan is excellent too. I would definitely suggest Guardian to other people.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Mostly because I had a cat that scratches, I decided on getting furniture protection. I got Guardian and I had to contact them for service as my ex peed on our bed. Guardian was able to send their tech out in about four days, and he was fine. The only thing is that the cleanser that he used smelled worse than the urine, so it made it worse.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My dog urinated a bit on the edge on the couch. When we purchased the Guardian Protection on the couch, I was told that I was covered in anything like that, or if it’s a spill or the dogs chewed on it, it will get covered. I thought buying the protection plan was better for me than buying another sectional or the top piece of it, so I can save money. The call was fine and the reps were able to help me perfectly over the phone. The service appointment was set up for the week after that call. However, when the tech got here, it was the worst experience.

It's not my fault that he was not prepared for what he was here for. If he was gonna go clean, he was supposed to have all his tools and everything with him. But if he needs an extension cord or something extending, he can go ahead and use it. But when he was here, he was like, “I need an extension. I need a cord outlet.” I said okay and there was one, and he said, "Well, my machine’s not gonna reach it. I need something else.” Am I supposed to provide that for him as well? This was his job, not mine. He also rudely asked where the sink was when he needed to wash his hands. I don’t think that was even appropriate as well. There’s a sink in the kitchen and he was more than welcome to use that but I had to put my dog inside. He was able to use that sink and then he told me to give him a paper towel, and I did.

I want a great service, but he was in a hurry and he was upset. He didn’t even clean the couch well. It still smells like urine and I’m very upset about it. I never called back to let Guardian know, however, because I wasn’t sure if they are able to do anything over the phone. But for him to be here for about eight minutes to clean it, I could’ve done that myself. Just use soap and water, and brush the couch out? I could’ve done that, too. But I didn’t touch it because I bought the protection plan and the reps were able to assist me with it. Yet, the protection plan is not what I expected. It's the worst and it's a waste of money. I’ll just buy another sectional and I have to pay more than that. Do not buy the Guardian protection plan. My experience with them was horrible.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought a recliner at Bob's and purchased a Guardian Protection plan along with it. One time, I tripped and stepped on the recliner so I needed it cleaned. I made a claim and the rep I worked with was good. It took about a week for them to dispatch a technician who was very nice and he tried to clean the stain out. But it is still there and you could still see it. While I like Guardian Protection to know about the stain, I didn't bother anymore cause they said I have to take pictures and send it over to them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My grandson peed on my couch so I called Guardian Protection Products. Though they dispatched a technician in a little over a week, I would have liked the job done right away. Still, the tech they sent was very good. I recommend Guardian. Getting their warranty was a good thing to do because I never know what can happen.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Somebody came here to clean the furniture, but I was not happy. They just cleaned some spots. The arm of the furniture is dirty. Nevertheless, the other time that I called for the repair of the recliner went well. I've had the protection plan from Guardian for almost five years now.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I've had Guardian Protection Products for my La-Z-Boy for three years and I received a cleaning kit with it. I took my La-Z-Boy up to La-Z-Boy in Eugene and they took over filing the service request. It was quick, and I'm satisfied with the process. I'd tell friends to get Guardian Protection Products.

Guardian Protection Products response

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My eight-month old son had threw up on our furniture. We needed Guardian to come in and clean it, and it took a week for them to dispatch a service technician. It could have been quicker being that it was our child's stuff, but the tech did a good job. My street is not the most parking-friendly but he was able to come in, he stood for about half an hour and did what he had to do in terms of cleaning the sofa cushion that had the little bit of baby vomit on it and he took care of it.

Guardian met our expectations fine so far. The fact that we were able to call it in and be able to get the service is what we expected. And so far, it's doing what it gotta do. The break-fix was worth it and I paid them, but I think Guardian should also offer a once-a-year maintenance or a once-a-year cleaning just to kind of keep everything up to date.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

With every piece of furniture I buy from Jerome's, I get haggled into purchasing this warranty. And every single time I try to use it they never come out. I've tried it with my mattress with my recliner and now with my white leather couches. They show damage and I have sent all the information you need to send only for them to tell me it's not covered! This is BS, scratches, pet damage is Coby, that is exactly how the sales people sold me the warranty in the first place. Now they're going to tell me it's not covered. Will never buy this warranty again and I do not recommend them. Save yourself time and headache. Protect your furniture and by mild cleaners or make it yourself.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

One time, I had a stain on my couch and I called Guardian Protection. They dispatched a technician within a week or so but then I wasn't really satisfied with the process of getting their techs to come back. Even though there was an extra stain on the couch when they arrived, their techs said that they had to do the one I complained about and that they can't do more. I felt that was messed up because I just didn't book both stains at the same time. I went through a logbook-type request with a lot of questions to get them to come do the other stain. Still, their techs were fairly quick and everything was done.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My son was sick and he threw up on a part of the couches. I called Guardian Protection Products and they sent me a text in about two days. Dealing with them was easy. They told me that a representative was gonna call me. My appointment was in the afternoon at around two and the guy called me early at around 10. I had appointments to go to, so he called me a couple of times to make sure that I was gonna be home.

When he arrived, I had just gone here and he got out of the car and he said hi to me, very nice guy. He came in and he did his job. He told me his name. He took pictures of where the damage was done and he cleaned it and then he told me that nobody could sit there for a day because it was really wet. I am not too satisfied with what happened though because I have four kids and it was very hard to keep my kids out of sitting in such a wet place and I still have a distinct smell there. I was not happy with the job but other than that, Guardian is very professional.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We have a protection plan with Guardian Protection for our indoor couch and bed frame with an upholstered headboard. Our dog peed on the couch and it smelled like pee, plus it had a little stain. We tried the cleaning kit but it didn’t completely resolve the issue. My wife called Guardian and the request was handled well. Within a few days, they sent a tech. He wasn’t a talkative guy, but he did what he was supposed to do.

Guardian Protection Products response

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I’m very happy that my family and I had purchased the Guardian protection plan. It’s very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone who gets furniture. It’s important to have protection plans because things do happen. Our couch bed had pet stains on it and when I filed the request, the people I dealt with were very helpful and professional. They wanted to make sure that I had the protection plan and they gathered all the information that they needed from me. They were also very detail-oriented. They wanted to know the detail of what the problem was so I explained what my problem was and what I would like to see happen. Then they explained that they would try to take care of the problem and if not, then they would replace the couch bed.

My concern was that the service technician would take long. I was trying to prevent it from being a situation where the couch bed would need to be replaced. But the service technicians came after two days of the call and I was glad because the couch bed could’ve been soiled. When I opened the door, they introduced and identified themselves. I asked them what they were gonna do and they explained the process. Initially, they were gonna try to take care of this thing and see if they can correct the problem as opposed to trying to just replace something. They gathered information to find out what actually happened. Then they explained to me what they were gonna do in cleaning it. They were polite, friendly, professional and very helpful in explaining part of the process.

I also watched them. They were using some of the equipment and they explained what they were gonna do. They got the stain out and I haven’t smelled anything. So I feel confident with the Guardian protection plan. In fact, I’m gonna give them another call because I need my table tightened. Some of the screws came out and it’s under the protection plan as well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Have tried to get my furniture tear fixed for 2 months. They keep giving me the runaround. "Oh we didn't get the info via email." "YES you did... I can show ya the email." "Text us the pics," "Oh we only got 2 of your 3 texts." What kind of scam are you people running?! Will never purchase from Ashley again because of this company! Will be making a vlog on Youtube... and contacting Better Business Bureau for sure!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Guardian is well worth it. I do not usually buy a protection plan but I purchased it on several different things and it is mostly on lighter-colored living room and family room furniture. I just repurchased a whole new set for a family room and since it is light colored, I added it again to Guardian. Recently, I used it as there was a stain that appeared on my ottoman that I couldn’t get out with just warm water. Filing for a service request was very easy. I called them then someone called me to make an appointment. The rep was very polite and good. She worked around my schedule and was quick to dispatch a service tech. Then the tech called me and made the appointment. He also worked around my schedule and came later in the evening which was good. He had helpful ideas about some of the pilling I was getting on the furniture and how to get rid of it and what I can do to treat it. He was very good.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought a sectional on Jerome's and they offer a insurance for the sectional we buy it for 5 year of protection. I call to tell them that the sofa is ripped and they told me that they will send some papers that I have to fill and I did it I send it back to them and I never received a answer from them. I call again and the lady from customer service was so rude and she didn’t help me and I was on my warranty time. I don’t know why she wasn’t able to help. She said, "That went. You report a incident you 30 days to send papers. But if they don’t received the paper on time the claim is closed." But I send the paper but she said, "We didn’t received nothing and your case is closed" and I said, "Could we open a new" and she said, "No." "But I still on my warranty" and she keep saying, "No. No. No" and I hang the phone. I just want to tell don’t buy that insurance. It's the worst experience.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Beverly, the owner of the couch, got sick on it. It smelled bad and needed to be cleaned up. I contacted Guardian Protection and I had an awesome experience with them. They asked a lot more detailed questions than I was anticipating but that was no big deal. I was also calling to see if I could take the covers off and run them to the washing machine without damaging them, and Guardian covered that. They came out and dealt with the whole thing for me. So, it was great. But I had to schedule the appointment a week out because Beverly was in the hospital. When the techs were here, they were in and out very quickly, and they were very polite. They did a great job and I was a little jealous of the cleaner that they have. We have a little pet stain eraser and that is a toy compared to what they have.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I had bought a bed frame from Bob's Discount Furniture and purchased this bogus protection plan. My fiance sat on the bed and the whole bottom let out and broke. I was told him SITTING on the bed and it breaking was normal wear and tear on the bed and they do not cover it. If this ever happens to you tell them you were having wild sex bouncing up and down and it broke because apparently that IS covered. Second I purchased a couch with a recliner and Chaise lounge. The handle to pull out the recliner is made out of PLASTIC. It has been 4 years and finally broke. Well that's not covered either. This couch was $999 and the protection plan was $99! These people are nothing but a scam. Two different items two different reason why they cannot cover it. What a waste of money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have indoor furniture protection with Guardian Protection Products. I got my furniture and before I could get home, my dog peed on it, so I called them. The rep was very friendly. It took them two days to dispatch a tech and it was really quick. The tech was great. She explained to me what she was gonna do and she took care of it. She told me to pretend it never happened because there would be no more stain or odor, and there wasn't.

Guardian Protection Products response

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have a pet and she got sick on my furniture, so I wanted Guardian to come and clean it. It took a bit of time to get everything set up but otherwise the experience was good. It took a couple of times to dispatch a service tech. I had to email them requesting some other information and there was a bit of delay in that aspect, but they handled everything in a timely manner for the most part.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Do not buy this protection plan! They make you go to all kinds of red tape… Just to decline the request for repair. They will find a reason to decline it… Consider yourselves warned! Do NOT buy this protection plan!

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs