Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Guardian looks forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Guardian Protection Products did a great job. We purchased their protection plan for our indoor furniture. We spilled little coffee on the sofa and the representative that we talked to was fantastic. They sent us a technician in five days, so it wasn't too long at all. They were very respectful and very nice. They left the house better than they came in and I was very happy with the service.

Ms. Lambert,

Thank you for your 5-star review! It is our goal to continue to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We purchased a 5-year protection plan from Guardian Protection Products for my electric reclining sofa, which recently was not electric anymore. I called and they asked me to email them the receipt. The only problem was I emailed it and something went wrong with that. They didn't get it or it didn't go through, but nobody called me or contacted me for a week to let me know they hadn't gotten it. That delayed getting it fixed by an extra week. A week later I got an email saying they hadn't gotten the information so I sent it again and they let me know that time they got it. They were very friendly on the phone and once we finally got everything in, they arranged for somebody to come.

It turned out that there's one main switch that turns the sofa on and off in the back. There's a second one on the cord that was rolled around underneath it, so we couldn't see it and we didn't know about that one. Evidently, the cats running back and forth on the sofa more than likely were the culprit in turning it off incidentally. We were glad we had gotten Guardian's services because we would've never figured that one out. Overall, it went very well and would recommend them.

Ms. Barbetta,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience with Guardian. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

We were offered the Guardian Furniture Protection plan when we bought our table and chairs. Any kind of damage, it would be fixed. Recently we had something spilled on the table and the liquid went through the plastic in the tablecloth underneath and got stuck to the wood, and it pulled off the finish. When I called Guardian to file a request, their customer service was excellent. Everything was done right away. It only took one day to get a callback saying somebody was coming. I was given all the information I needed. I sent the pictures and the gentleman came within a couple of days. He called and came the same day, and he was in and out in less than 40 minutes. It was a beautiful job.

I also got a cleaning kit when I bought the plan and the funny thing is the gentleman who did the repair wanted to know why my table is so shiny and I said, “Because I use the polish I was given.” Overall, it was a great experience. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the service I got.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got Guardian about five years ago for indoor furniture -- a couch and two ottomans. We filed a claim close to when we purchased and they helped us clean. Then just recently we used them again with our couch for a pet stain. Everything was great with the customer service. They took a day for someone to come out and the cleaning kit we received has always been great. We’ve had a great experience and I would recommend Guardian. I actually have a friend who bought new furniture and I told her she should get it because it was really good, they’re really quick to come out, and they took care of everything.

Ms. Voss,

We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience with your Guardian protection plan!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My dog threw up on the couch. When we were moving the couch, we poked a little hole in the top corner and then we had a stain where the dog puked on. So we called Guardian since we have a Goof Proof insurance that we got from Bob’s Furniture Store. Their customer service reps were very kind and attentive. They didn’t come out but just had me take pictures of the damage to the couch, which I sent through a text message. They got back with me in writing later telling me that they couldn’t fix the position at which the hole was in the corner of the couch so they had to replace it with a whole new one. They were able to tell me that information quickly and got the sofa out in a week, which I'm very pleased with. The guys that came out were very confident, quick, efficient and polite. It’s everything I was hoping for in the plan, but the people that executed it were nice.

It had been two years since we purchased it and it’s a five-year plan so I was expecting there to be some sort of reason to argue a little bit to get it fixed. They got everything but dog puke off of my couch. The problem with dog puke is that it’s got stomach acid in it which left a shadowy area on our chocolate brown couch where it actually bleached out a little bit and was very obvious. But they were so good that when my daughter bought her furniture from Bob’s, they got the same insurance on their furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Resolution In Progress

Ms. Fennell,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with Guardian. Generally, any unauthorized cleaning or repairs to the furniture piece can void coverage per the terms of the plan. However, Guardian understands that this was an extenuating circumstance as it occurred during the Thanksgiving holiday, and Guardian would not have been able to send a technician to address the damage during that time. Therefore, Guardian has authorized your retailer to provide a replacement seat casing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-527-8485.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I bought a sofa and loveseat in a lighter fabric color so I thought getting the protection plan would be a good thing in case of accidental spills. Well over the Thanksgiving holiday I had two incidents occur. First: I had family in with their dog. Their dogs and my dogs made a mess on the couch. Second: the seat cushion got snagged with a key. Since it was over the holiday I took the washable cover off the cushion with the mess and put it on gentle wash. Apparently that voided the warranty. I was told that basically I should have left the mess and called them and waited until they could come to clean it. So now I not only have stains, but a ripped cushion as well that will not get fixed on a sofa that is just over a year old. Thanks for nothing - maybe you should tell the sales people pushing the plan down people throats in the furniture stores to warn customers that they need to live with mess and filth or it will void their warranty.

Factual basis uncertain

I paid over $2,000 for a loveseat and sofa that match. Then I paid $259 more for Guardian Protection. Now I have a stain on the leather back cushion. They say that's not covered. This is not the first time I got screwed by these people. Watch out!

Ms. Lennox,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Guardian!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I got a chocolate stain in the middle of my sectional and I knew there was no way that I could handle that. The Guardian reps were most helpful during my request. I had known that I needed to keep my receipts from the purchase of the furniture as well as the information on the plan. It had the phone number, so I called the number and then the reps walked me through what I had to do from there. There was a hiccup when I sent in the copy of the invoice, so they told me what would work next and I took a photo and sent it with my phone. They were very kind and thorough. It took a week for a technician to come and I would have liked it if they could have come sooner, but I was satisfied. Everybody was very professional from start to finish and they helped me meet the criteria to get the cleaning done.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Beliveau,

Guardian is sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your service request. Unfortunately, the protection plan does exclude any odors. We will work to better educate the technicians about that going forward, and we hope to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I got a Goof Proof plan with the loveseat that I bought. Then my grandson had an accident on it and I called Guardian Protection Products. They sent Stanley Steemer over and they were here eight to twelve minutes. I also told them of the urine smell and they told me they don't cover that. When the tech cleaned it, he said that if there was any smell, to call the company back and they would deal with it. I was all right with the first call. I made the second one and I wasn't too excited about the answers I got. Guardian kept telling me there was nothing they could do about it. They got it cleaned but I still smelled it. They don't cover the odor and I wasn't impressed with the warranty service.

I had purchased the protection plan to cover any accidental damages that I might have. It is with misfortune that for a first-time occurrence I am in need of using this protection plan, my claim would be denied. In close to four years this has only been my only claim. To further explain, there was a tear in one of my couches which I just noticed 5 days ago cleaning. I inquired with my family if anyone had noticed how such could have happened, but no one really knew anything. My nephews were over one day, one of them being two years old and the other one being 6, and such tear could have occurred with them. I informed the representative that my nephews could have been responsible, but when asked they didn't give me answer. I find it completely unacceptable and not customer service geared for a claim to be submitted and denied for not having my nephews state the exact reason of how it happened.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased a product on Amazon and this company added an additional charge for a 4 Year protection service that I did not authorize. How they got my credit card information is a mystery. I am waiting for a refund. Wish me luck.

I had purchased leather sofa from Bob's and after couple of years the hand rest structure got broken. When I called Bob and their technician came and identified this is not a manufacturing damage and I need to contact Guardian. I tried calling Guardian contact no and the call got cut twice in the middle while I was proving the information but no one called me back in next 1 hr. I called again while providing the information I said my 2 years old small daughter accidentally sat on the hand rest while crossing the sofa and it caused damage. Guardian has classified this is not an accidental damage after citing as if my daughter regularly sits/stand on hand rest which is not accidental but mishandling of furniture, which is not the true representation of the situation I have said. I don't understand this logic for rejection of my claim and what is the point of having accidental damage protection for breakage of structure/frames.

Mr. Carter,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are thrilled that we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We had a couch and a loveseat treated through Guardian. They're light colored so we went with the protection because they pushed it saying things don't soak in. We keep our little pet off the furniture but she got up there and threw up and it soaked in immediately instead of beading up. We were a little surprised that it soaked in so quickly if it was treated. Maybe the furniture wasn't treated well in that spot or maybe she had something acidic in her stomach that soaked in so quickly. We had to have someone come up and clean it for us. My wife made the call and they set up a time that they would contact us, came out promptly and took care of it. The tech cleaned it and he was polite. It turned out well which was great, and that’s all we care about. And they back their products so that's good.

Mr. Testerman,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Guardian!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I purchased a Goof Proof Protection Plan at Bob's. It's a 5-year protection plan for our couch and dining room table and chairs. There was a stain on our couch so I requested a service from Guardian. They got back to us the next day and scheduled the appointment. They came out within five days since that was a weekend and they cleaned it up. Overall, they were timely and effective.

It took several phone calls and emails to eventually be told that my warranty claim was denied because I "tried to repair the product". I explained that the wear on my couch cushion was unrelated and there is similar wear above, but once they decide to deny you they won't change their minds. I asked for a refund of my warranty because they denied my claim and they said I have no right to a refund. I wasted my money.

Mr. Benson,

Thank you for your 4-star review! We look forward to continuing to provide you with exceptional service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I've got a four year old that's potty training, and she had an accident on the couch. I had to get Guardian come out to get that cleaned up for us. Talking to customer service rep was very simple and straightforward to the point. She asked what I needed and gave her the information. They sent out the tech after 10 days. It could have been turned around a little quicker but for the most part, the experience has been pretty good with them.

There was one time that we have an issue and had accidents on both the love seat and the sofa that I purchased. And instead of having somebody come out, they sent out some cleaning supplies which is fine. I don't mind doing it myself but it was something that they could have come out and done. They said due to the size of the spots they weren't gonna have somebody come out. But in my eyes they were still pretty large spots that they could have somebody come out and do. But overall, I'm pretty pleased with the warranty that I have.

Mr. Barta,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Guardian!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

A spring came out at the back of the chair and it's broken inside. Luckily it didn't come through the material and I didn't use the chair right after that. I called Guardian Protection Products but then it was a holiday weekend that's why it took so long for them to get in touch with me. They called back in about three days and then they sent somebody out three days after that. The guy that came in flipped the chair over and took the spring out. He then replaced the spring and put it all back together. I'm really satisfied with their service.

Factual basis uncertain

I bought Guardian's protection when I got my sofa set from Bob's furniture. One day I had a few kids playing around it, and they poked 3 holes on the sofa before I noticed. I filed claim, but got declined! The reason is 3 holes is NOT considered as single incident. I tried to explain that incident is in one act. Guardian didnt agree. Then I asked for just fix one hole. But Guardian stated because there are 3 incidents, none of them will be covered. I believe what they have done is not honest. I wont trust them ever again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got the electrical reclining chairs and we purchased the extended warranty. It's an extra five-year warranty in case the motor would go out. Guardian's reps were very helpful. We used them before when one of the frames got messed up on the chair when we first got it and they fixed it fine. But this time, it was a little bit more work. They made me call the store and I had to fax an invoice to them. I had to text pictures of everything to them too. To get it scheduled took a little bit longer than the first time we used it but it was pretty easy to do. The gentleman they sent out was one of the nicest servicemen I have ever dealt with. He was amazing and one of the best ones I have ever had. I would welcome him back anytime.

Mr. Beech,

Thank you so much for your positive review!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I bought a four-year protection plan from Guardian for an indoor couch and a loveseat. We had a spill that I wasn’t able to take out with my own products. Working with the customer service rep was great and quick. They sent the guy out on the day they said, and he called before he showed up which was very convenient for the family. We're very pleased with it, it has met our expectations.

Factual basis uncertain

We purchased a couch from Furniture Mart in Shakopee and paid $259.99 extra to add the Guardian warranty. It was supposed to cover most any kind of damage that could occur; rips, tears, etc. As you can see from the receipt, the warranty wasn't cheap. Within the time-frame of the warranty we had a small rip on the couch. My wife called to make the claim and the claim was denied. We were told that, even though we knew that the rip had recently occurred, because we did not know the exact cause, it wasn't covered. When I called back to appeal and explain that, like most people, we don't have a camera on our couch 24-7 but we can in fact verify that the damage was recent (likely caused by one of our 3 kids) was accidental and had occurred long after delivery. They stuck with the denial and now claimed that my wife had been given 24 hours to appeal the claim and she declined.

This is untrue and led me to look up the company online. Along with this website I found the BBB site where they currently have 520 claims against them in just the last 12 month, all for very similar reasons to my own! I am currently working with the furniture dealer to be reimbursed for the warranty, get the couch fixed, and encouraging them to drop Guardian from their offerings because, although it is a separate company, it shows badly on them when the company makes customer jump through a bunch of nearly impossible loopholes in order to provide service. Clearly we are not the only ones who have had this issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the Guardian protection plan basically for everything I have bought. When we pulled our bed away from the wall to begin painting on the wall, we did not realize that with the adjustable bed in there, it puts too much pressure on the headboard and we ended up with a slit going right up the headboard. I sent an e-mail because it was on the weekend and then they called me back, which I appreciated.

After photos were sent in, they saw the obvious crack then we also found out that the product was discontinued and we're not going to be able to replace the product. I don't want to get another bed because I have the matching pieces, nightstands, dresser, and all of that. I'm just going to have the adjustable bed right now with no headboard and bed board. I basically end up having to replace the nightstands and the dresser and everything if I wanted all to match. I was not happy about that. But everything's good, they paid cash out on the bed itself.

Ms. Trotman,

Thank you for the glowing review! We are proud to call you a satisfied customer.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I was really satisfied with the way everything went with Guardian Protection. Everybody was very professional and polite, I have no complaints. They did everything they said and it was great. I recommended them to some people.

I bought a $50 "waterproof" mattress cover and it is not waterproof. My daughter wet the bed and it leaked right through so now I have a urine stained mattress. When I called Guardian to get my money back since they are blatantly being deceptive and selling a poor product I was told that they could send me a replacement cover. Um why would I want the same horrible product? And what am I supposed to do with my ruined mattress? It says it's supposed to provide me with a 10 year warranty on the mattress, whatever that means. They clearly don't stand behind their product. Extremely dissatisfied.

Guardian Protection Products

Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I bought a table and a chair for the dining room. And when the dining chair had a scratch on it, I called Guardian since we had the plan to cover and exchange the chair. I was so glad that they made a good exchange for that. They sent me the email right after I claimed it and then they scheduled the delivery. So far they're doing a good job and I'm very satisfied with that.

I purchased a sofa and chair from Star Furniture in June 2016 along with the furniture protection plan. The plan states ballpoint ink pens are covered on the brochure however when I called in today, I was informed that while my stain is eligible and covered, my claim was denied because it must be a "single relatable occurrence." I asked, "What does this mean and why is it not listed on the information I was provided?" I was rudely informed that it is in the plan and a copy can be sent to me via email but there is nothing they can do since I stated I do not know where the stain came from. I told the representative that I have small children, I am not home 24/7, I asked what happened and no one could tell me.

I was told that changes can not be made to claims and my plan does not allow for stains that are not a "single relatable occurrence." I requested to speak with a manager. I was informed she (Kendra) was the manager and there was no one else to speak with. I asked her if she was the owner of the Company and she stated no, therefore I said I need to speak to someone else. She said I can call back but the only thing they are going to do is review the terms and conditions of my plan. I think this is very DECEPTIVE consumer marketing tactics. This is a HUGE determination in the plan therefore it needs to be clearly communicated to consumers when purchased.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased the protection plan in June 2016 for an accent chair purchased at Bob's. I called because there is a very small puncture on the seat cushion. I was told because I did not know the exact cause of the puncture it was not eligible for repair. I explained I did not witness the puncture therefore I do not know the cause. What a waste of money this plan is. Buyer beware! All I needed was a replacement cushion cover, an easy solution. I even tried to cancel my protection on the phone and of course that was not their policy. What a SCAM!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got Guardian for a sofa and then called for a service request because there was a stain on the couch. But the call left a little to be desired as I took about half an hour to get through to somebody and in fact I had to hang up and then my wife called back another day. I was surprised that my information wasn't easily looked up. We called back but they didn’t have any record and didn’t believe that I had the plan. It took them a week to dispatch a service technician after I filed my request and he's actually the guy who cleaned our carpet in our home.

The problem with the furniture lies in the store we bought it from. When we had made the arrangements to go and pick it up, everything was still wet when we got it and I had to put it onto the back of the trailer. I personally don’t believe that the product was applied correctly by kids who were working in the warehouse of the furniture store. That’s my issue. To me it wasn’t worth the couple of hundred dollars and all the hassle and aggravation of doing it. Other than that, everything’s great.

Mr. Masciarelli,

It sounds like you have had an overall great experience with Guardian's service and products. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I've had Guardian clean my couches a couple of times due to my children. It's been great. I received a cleaning upon purchasing the furniture's protection plan. My wife uses it all the time. I use it any time I get anything on the couch. I try to clean it up as best I can, but if I feel like I didn't get it all cleaned up, I give Guardian a call. The first time I actually had them come out, it took about three weeks. Then for my second claim, I called in a day later. My daughter was drawing and she got marker on the couch. I mentioned it to them and they said I got to call it in at another time. They couldn't get it all cleaned up, and they couldn't take and do it while they were here. I had to call back and go through the whole process again.

I just had them come out today. My son fell asleep on the recliner and had an accident. I cleaned it up the best I could with water and their product that they gave us. I wanted to make sure that the smell and everything was gone so I called Guardian and they came within two to three days.

I have been trying to submit a claim for over 3 months now and have just received an email that my store invoice was not legible. This is the second claim submitted. The first claim was handled without issue. Our second claim is for a cracked/damaged chair that someone fell on. I received a call from Guardian around 6-8 weeks ago on July 12th to tell me that my invoice was not legible. I asked them how they could not read my invoice when there was no issue with my invoice the first time around. Guardian said they would look into the first claim and probably use the first copy once found. I was told that if they cannot use the first one they would call me back. I received no call from Guardian after that.

I finally called them last week on Sept. 20th to find out what was taking so long and then I'm told they need the copy again. I finally email them the copy and they reply that my case was permanently closed due to an illegible invoice and the time allotted has passed. They had no problem taking my $$ and had no problem sending us a copy of our warranty form. On this warranty form had the cost of the dining room set, amount of total pieces, date purchased, warranty #, store invoice #, store name & address, warranty cost, etc. The copy of the "illegible invoice" had the store Invoice # which could have been matched up with the info on the warranty they sent me. I believe they were just looking for an excuse to not cover the cost of a replacement. This was very unfair treatment to a customer.

Guardian Protection Products Company Profile