3.35/5
Based on 134 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

529 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had a problem with leather furniture before, so I decided to go ahead and buy the plan from Guardian Protection Products in case I got a stain on the leather chairs I bought. However, when you call in, you have to send pictures. It was very complicated trying to get back to them with the picture to finally match the two things of how it looked and what was going on. So to send me a technician out, it was that nine yards I went through. But they were timely once I got a hold of them.

When the chair’s arm got a spot on the leather, a gentleman came out and tried to remove as much of it as he could. There’s still a little bit of a spot, but it looks pretty good so I’ve just left it alone. The Guardian Protection plan meets my expectations as long as it removes the stain off of my leather furniture and I've got five years to exercise if I need to use them again.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

When we purchased the upholstered furniture, I was about to have a baby. We also have two pets. So we figured it would be best to get the Guardian Protection plan. My experience with them was great and they came quicker than what we were actually told they would come. It was perfect and the furniture was good as new. We've only needed the service once, but it's good to know that if we need it, we've got the Guardian Protection plan.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Fraudulent company! I purchased a couch and was sold on this company by the furniture store. Sat down on my couch one day to have one of the back cushions rip. Contacted Guardian several times over the last few months to try to get this taken care of. They have awful customer service and basically just never get back to you. By the time they do get back to you you’re outside of the 30 day report period. Stay away from this company! I’m going to do everything I can to get my money back. What is many complaints as I fell now I can’t believe there hasn’t been a class action lawsuit against these people.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 2, 2018 I purchased both manufacturing and accidental insurance on my bedroom set. Bob's inspector came out and said the claim falls under accidental insurance which is under Guardian. When I called Guardian they were rude right from the start and put the responsibility on the manufacturing company. After about 15 calls they

refused to replace the bed, even after knowing an inspector came from Bob’s and said it was accidental insurance. The company is a scam. They take your money and don’t provide the service- straight up robbery! Consumers beware- do not purchase insurance through your furniture store if it is Guardian- rather donate the money instead of putting it in these thieves pockets!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

We got a five-year protection plan from Guardian Protection Products and when I filed a request, the experience was good. They dispatched a technician within a couple of days and everything was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I know that if I see a spot, I can call Guardian Protection Products. The protection plan was exactly what I needed it for and it was perfect. When there was a spill on the couch, I called them and the customer service rep was fine. It took three days for them to dispatch the technician but the experience was fine. The guy did a great job and he was nice. I would highly recommend Guardian.

No response received
Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought a dining set from a San Antonio furniture retailer. I paid $139 for a 5 year protection. After few years I have a small tear on my couch so I called the company. From the beginning of the conversation I felt that this company is not right and I will be denied service. I was told that I can't change my answers after the interview is completed. I was asked how the tear happened and I told her that it was a half inch tear and I don't know what caused it. She put me on hold and after few minutes she replied that she can't help me because I don't know have how the tear happens. Honestly I felt helpless, I can't do anything against this company that will keep taking money from people. I just take the decision that I will never buy any insurances for my purchases and never buy from that furniture retailer. What makes more mad is nothing can be done and Nobody can stop them .

Original review: May 24, 2018

I submitted a claim to Guardian Protection Products for my leather recliner that was damaged by a pocket knife. My claim was denied, so I resubmitted it to the dispute resolution team. After reviewing my photos, this team subjectively determined my claim was deemed “ineligible” because they determined the accident was not a “single occurrence” since there was more than 1 rip in the chair. I am appalled that this company has the audacity to make assumptions about what happened when they were not present during the accident. This company needs to review their ineligibility policy and not base claims off of their subjective feelings.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a furniture protection plan for a sofa and love seat from Guardian Protection Products and it was wonderful. There were two recliners on each furniture and the cable broke on one of the recliners. The center section of the long couch was leaning back but both were repaired. The contractor was dispatched quickly and was very punctual. We were so excited because he came at the beginning of the four hour-window and we were thrilled that we didn't have to wait four more hours. He was very nice, took his shoes off and fixed everything. What I really liked was that he explained what he was doing. He showed us the cable and explained how it breaks, in hopes that it wouldn't happen again. He was really awesome.

We're probably at a four years with Guardian Protection Products and when I went to the desk at RoomPlace, the rep was so helpful and gave me everything I needed to know. The company stands behind their repair. If I bought any more furniture, I would go to RoomPlace first because I was so impressed. We love our couches and I was so impressed with Guardian and would go back to that store.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 11, 2018

This company is an absolute rip-off just like most of the reviews here stated. Here is my true honest story. I purchased two expensive leather couches along with Guardian Protection plan for 5 year warranty after I was assured that EVERYTHING WILL BE COVERED (which I thought to be a little extreme and felt like they were only trying to convince me so I was very insisted to know what's covered under the plan since I had a bad experience with another company before). I saw that the warranty covers most of what I would possibly run into including any rips, tears, burns, food, and beverage stains.

About a year after my purchase the color of my leather faded which was not covered, I said ok. Then a small patch of the leather came off due to a device that was on the couch and when I took it it got stuck to the couch and a patch of leather came off, ALSO NOT COVERED. Again, small cut on the seat and back cushion, NOT COVERED!! Really?!! I'm still paying for the furniture and will have to continue paying for something that look completely horrible knowing that I paid all this money just to get peace of mind that it will last a long time.

Unfortunately, I find out that no matter what happens, YOUR MONEY IS GONE AND YOUR FURNITURE WILL NOT BE FIXED. I'm writing this review with complete honesty and hope that other customers beware of such fake company. They will find any tiny detail just to deny your claim. They will specify in extreme detail the type of accidents covered (I mean accidents are accidents and they will never be exactly the same). If you weren't there when it happened your claim is automatically denied, if you wait a few more days to file, also denied. The color of the stain and how it happened which is absolutely ridiculous is also another reason to deny your claim.

I even spoke with the supervisor himself and all he could say is that, "Ma'am, because the cause of the stain is unknown it's not covered under your plan," (well, how am I supposed to know if I wasn't there when it happened!!). All In all, CLAIMS ARE ALWAYS DENIED, just don't waste your money. I would rather go and buy another set of furniture than spend so much on a piece with warranty thinking that it will give me peace of mind. You oughta be ashamed of the way you conduct your business. Very disappointed!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I purchased my (cheap) furniture from McDonald's Fine Furniture (Ha! It is anything BUT fine) and it was delivered in November of 2017. In March, I discovered that the frame of the chair was broken and hanging off. (My cat jumped on the arm and broke it). I reported the damage because I had a super-duper (operative word here is duper) warranty from GUARDIAN PROTECTION PRODUCTS, LLC. It took over a month to get a repairman here. He took the fabric off and took pictures of the damaged frame. I was told I would get a call back in 3 business days. Well, that didn't happen. So I called them and they put me off saying I had a response letter in the mail. Well, I got the letter and they will not provide any repair OR REPLACEMENT.

When I called a supervisor to explain, all she did was keep repeating the company line: We can't fix it. I told her the warranty was to REPAIR or REPLACE it. She said they couldn't do it because the store was out of business - (yeah, McDonald's Fine Furniture had nothing but crap to sell). So, I asked her why did they sell me the warranty? She said that since they were going out of business, they had no right to sell these warranties. "Really?" I asked her. "Because you sure took my money." Then she gave me some other company line that they would not repair it because the fabric might rip. I told her the technician had already removed the fabric and that they could do it again. She then said they couldn't order replacement parts. I said, well there are no parts to replace - just a crappy cheap piece of fiberboard.

I told her I would buy the board and they could fix it. She gave me some crap that it would cost more to repair the chair than replace it and they will do neither. So they offered me my money back on the WARRANTY. I said, "Yeah, because it is obvious that your company is a scam and they will not honor any type of repair listed in their make-believe warranty."

There are over 500 complaints against this fraudulent company with the BBB. They still hold an A+ rating, How is this possible? They are not doing what they advertise for. In any other situation, the police would arrest them for being con-artists. Save your money and do not buy from this scam of a company. Also, do not trust a BBB rating, they obviously paid for the rating themselves. the following people need to be arrested for providing absolutely nothing that YOU have PAID for: Mr. Kevin **, Director of Operations, Ms. Erin **, Manager, Customer Service (why? you do nothing but cheat your customers): Ms. Paige **, Team Leader. Why have managers of a company that is nothing but fraudulent?

You people should be deeply ashamed of what you do to people all day long, every day. CONARTISTS, SCAMMERS AND DEFUNCT IDIOTS WORK AT GUARDIAN ANTI-PROTECTION PRODUCTS - LOSERS AND SCAMMERS. I told the manager that I spoke with that she should be ashamed to come to work at a company that cheats everyone, and that she should look for a new job at a real company. I have filed complaints with the BBB, posted on Yelp and submitted this write up. I will find more avenues to complain, and write more.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I bought a light gray couch and I spilled some red wine on it so I called Guardian. It took a couple of days for the rep to dispatch a technician. I called on a Monday or Tuesday and they had somebody in the area on Saturday. The gentleman who came was really nice and he did what he was supposed to do. He did a heavy-duty like vacuum, some suction, and kind of clean up and the spill dried so I feel good, but psychologically I feel like the stain is still there. Bob’s had given this organic product, so I used it the very same night I made the spill. And the product was really good because I dabbed it myself and I took out a lot of the stain myself. The experience with Guardian was positive.

Original review: May 7, 2018

When my father had spilled milk on the sectional I called Guardian to file a request and the gentleman was very friendly and straightforward. He just asked me what happened, the areas, and told me everything as far as who was gonna follow up and come and clean it. It took five business to days for them to dispatch a technician, which wasn't very long. Everything went smooth and very easy.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 5, 2018

I purchased the protection plan when I bought my couch 1 year ago. I was told this extended warranty/protection plan would cover anything and everything on my couch. That couldn't be further from the truth. My couch is literally falling apart. The cloth on the cushions is thinning out and separating to the point the foam is coming through. Guess what Guardian does not cover? I was told my plan was an accident plan only and it did not cover manufacturer defects in materials. Fine. I get it but if you are going to have a company sell your product they need to be well versed in what the consumer is purchasing. I NEVER would have purchased the plan if I knew it was very limited coverage. Lesson learned. I will never purchase another product from Guardian or that particular retailer again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Guardian does not stand behind their warranty. They send repairman out to your home that clearly does not know what they are doing. They will damaged your furniture worse than it was and they won't help you get the issue solved. The company name is Fast Furniture Repair. They are horrible. Don't purchase Guardian warranty.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We were potty training and we had an accident on our sofa. Guardian was very helpful and I had a great experience serving up the report and the claim. I called Guardian and the claims rep was great. A service technician was sent in less than a week and he was not as sociable and courteous as we've had in the past, but he did a good job. Our protection plan works well.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I called Guardian when I had stain on my couch and they were friendly and courteous. They dispatched a technician in two or three days.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought a sectional set that has the same material as our old furniture. I have grandkids and they could sometimes spill stuff. Guardian Protection Products was offered and so we didn't look at any other company. And then there was a spill that left a stain on the couch so we called Guardian to get it cleared up. My interactions with reps to file the request was simple and quick. The reps I talked to were very helpful and polite. They said they would get someone out and they did. It was a good and comfortable call. So someone came within two weeks and whatever the guy did, the spot was no longer there. So far, I feel good about Guardian Protection Products. I feel that if I have an issue and I call, then they're willing to help me out. If I have the opportunity to share with someone, I will let them know that my first experience was pleasant.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 20, 2018

This company is the most fraudulent company out there! Total scam!!! Worst customer service on the planet. I waited on hold for days and finally got ahold of someone, only to have them tell me they don’t cover “general cleaning” when the stains listed on my protection plan say they are covered! They just take your money and find any loophole they can to get out of actually cleaning your product. So dishonest! It makes me sick that there are companies like this and people who choose to work for them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We've got Guardian Protection Product on an indoor furniture and we have called them for a service request because our kid got sick on the chair. I’ve used Guardian Protection before and they haven’t been a problem. It’s who they are working with that has been. Bob’s was awful. They gave us a cleaning kit when we had the protection plan and when we were at the store they told us to call Guardian and they would tell us how to use it. When I called Guardian they told me not to use it because they didn’t know which thing I would use on the chair. They also kept telling us that if we did something to it or if we tried to clean it, then the chair would be out of warranty. So we just had covered it up and just sit there and let it wait.

Bob's didn’t register our protection plan so we couldn’t do our clean for a month. Guardian tried to help me and Bob’s kept saying that they sent it and it’s Guardian’s fault. Then Guardian said that they never got it and gave us the information we need. So we kept giving it to Bob’s over and over again. There's one point they hung up on me twice in five minutes. I would absolutely never recommend Bob’s to anyone because they’re awful.

The service technician who got to our home was not the nicest either. He went over the stain and then he was telling me that we should have cleaned it and I said, “Okay. Well, when I spoke to Guardian, they told me not to.” He then cleaned it once and he was ready to go. He packed up all his stuff and I told him that there still is a stain on it. I also told him that I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, but we’ve had the chair in the house for less than a month so something’s got to be done there. He was really annoyed that he had to do it again. Guardian was good and they were very helpful, but between Bob’s and the technician, I wouldn’t make a claim unless I absolutely had to because it was too much.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I bought a three-year warranty from Guardian. And filing claims has been relatively easy. I just call and talk to somebody and not an automated system, which I appreciated. And then, they take my information so that they would share it with somebody and they would be reaching out to me when someone was in the area. I requested for a service after my two-year-old had an accident on the glider. And I heard back 48 hours later and somebody came by the next day.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 9, 2018

I called Guardian regarding a scratch that was obtained by car keys on my nightstand. They took my claim over the phone, did not request pictures and denied it within 2 mins because I didn't say "deep gouges" I said it was scratched. This company is a fraud. It spent over $3,ooo.oo on furniture and over $300 on this protection plan that clearly states in the form that they will cover scratches. I'm furious and will go to the BBB.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We bought a new sofa and had an indoor furniture protection plan from Guardian for it. We also got a cleaning kit and they instructed us if there was an issue or any kind of spills to give a call and they’d send someone out. We had a very large spill from my daughter, and it was soda. Then there was a sort of a discoloring. If you kind of rubbed your hand on it, it will change to a different color. They came out within the week I requested for them and it was super fast. I expected a little bit of a delay, but it was satisfactorily all the way across for me. They cleaned it and it was amazing.

However, when we received one of the actual cushions for the back, it seemed like it was squished down flat. From what they said they were there for, it wasn’t in the actual write-up when my wife called on it. She brought it up, but that wasn’t cataloged into the report. But it's not like there’s a big rip or anything. And then one of the pillows started to just come apart a little bit. One burst out before they came and cleaned it. They came and sewed it up no problem and its like new. I noticed it and my wife noticed it, but nobody else noticed any difference. The guy that came out to do the cleaning and bolstered and stitched up the pillow was professional. Their people were quick about addressing our service request and explained everything. Guardian told us that if there's a problem or if it gets any worse, to go ahead and give them a call, and they’ll just get us another pillow.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought protection against anything that has to do with furniture damage and stains. When I had an issue, I looked at my warranty from the furniture company and it showed Guardian. I called them and it wasn’t the best experience. I gave them my statement on what happened to my furniture, how and when it happened. They took down the incident report and they said they would call me within a couple of days. They called me a week later but they just wanted to go over the original complaint so I gave them my statement again. They then said that I had to wait and that somebody would call to make an appointment to come to my house to do what they had to do with the furniture.

Guardian used an outside contractor and a gentleman by the name of Sal called me and scheduled an appointment to come to my house within a four-day period. Sal was in charge of the cleaning and he was pretty good, punctual, and thorough with his work. Guardian was all right too and they did their job. My only complaint was if I have some issues where my furniture has spillage, I'm gonna have to wait a week to 10 days for it to be resolved and that is a little bit too long. I figured everything would be done in a few days but the whole process took almost 10 to 12 days.

Other than that, one definitely needs Guardian. If you go spend $3,000 on couches, wouldn’t you wanna buy some kind of protection? If you have kids like two-year-olds running around with ice cream in their hand or if you are in a lot of traffic area, I would advise getting that kind of protection. And one has to keep in mind that if they can’t clean up their mess, they'd replace your furniture so it is a good protection. I never bought a protection in the years that I have had furniture for some reason. No one told me to get it. But I thought Guardian was very reasonable because I normally don’t buy warranties.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My daughter’s dog peed on my sofa. I called Guardian Protection and my experience was great although it took a while to talk to somebody. I called one morning and didn’t get a call back until later in the afternoon the following day. Once the request was submitted, it was okay but I wish it would’ve been faster because it was a pet stain. It took a week for a technician to come out although once he got the go signal to come over, he was here fast.

I could’ve taken care of the stain myself but I figured I pay for the muscle so I should let them do it. At this point, it's like I pay this much for a guy to come out with a little steam cleaner or a little vacuum to spray some stuff and vacuum the stain off. He was very professional and he did a good job but there was nothing fancy about it. Overall, Guardian was not that expensive. Mainly for me, if I get a rip or something on my furniture, I had better get the protection just in case because Guardian covers a lot. But as far as the stain, I probably wouldn’t get the protection because I could just clean it myself.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a good experience with Guardian Protection. A cat peed on my sofa so I called for a service request. Their customer service representatives were pretty pleasant and helpful. They got me an appointment, and after a four business day wait, a technician came out who was courteous and took care of our sofa quickly.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 4, 2018 Purchased 5 year warranty for $130.00 for my loveseat 3 months ago. Called Guardian 3 times. Each time, I had to leave a callback number and get a call back.

The first 2 calls they had a reason/excuse that I needed more information before I can report. 3rd call, I reported an unknown stain that looks like ink... Their response? Ink is NOT COVERED! Ink is covered on my Contract.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The Guardian Protection plan I've purchased was enough to meet my expectations. I also received a cleaning kit with it. And it was better when the lady came to clean the chair. When the chair was stained, I called and the lady came within a couple of days to get the stain out. It took two days for Guardian to dispatch a service tech. Also, the customer service rep was very nice and knew what to do. However, I'm still waiting for the guy to come to put some stuffing in the couches which I called for three weeks ago. That person has not called me back yet.

Original review: April 3, 2018

The fabric of my furniture got me to buy a Guardian Protection plan. The store gave me a cleaning kit, and the instructions were pretty self-explanatory, but it didn't work for the stain I had. I filed a claim for the stain and the customer service was good. The technician who came out went over the top with his service and he got everything taken care of.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We got a furniture protection plan from Guardian for the couch. When the neighbors’ baby peed on the couch, there was a little stain. We were going to try to take care of it ourselves for a minute there, but my wife said we got the warranty so we ended up with it. We called Guardian and the experience was fine. They answered right away and asked for a copy then I’ve emailed them the receipt and everything. Once they got it, I got an email right away that said they got it and they were really informative on a step-by-step process on when it was gonna happen. They called half an hour ahead of time which the technician said he was going to do so that worked out great.

Everything was fantastic, except for the big call window. The technician himself was like the cable guy when they were going to be here between 8:00 am and 5:00 so I had to take a whole day off for 15 minutes worth of work. They also just did the 5” x 5” spot literally. I get that it’s a warranty and they don’t want to spend any more time than they have to. But I thought they might do all three cushions while they were there. They took longer to set up all the stuff than to actually do the spot. It took him half an hour to drive here, 15 minutes to set all of the stuff up, 10 minutes to do the thing and then another five minutes to pack everything up. Other than that, they were really good.

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs