2.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

414 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We purchased our couches from Jerome's on March 2, 2016. We also purchased the Guardian 5 year furniture warranty. Recently we had an accident with one of our couches. We called to report it. They denied our claim because the substance was not one that they would cover. So much for "oops proof! Life happens, we'll be there".

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

There were some breast milk and other baby bodily fluids on my couch because I have a newborn and I thought it was going to stain. I called Guardian Protection Products and had my couch and ottoman scratch guarded. The customer service rep was extremely patient, thorough and was very clear. When I filed my request, Guardian called within a day but I was out of town. They followed up again and we got it taken care of the following week. They exceeded my expectations and delivered on their promise.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My mother purchased coverage from Guardian Protection for the furniture she gifted me. She purchased it through Bob's Furniture and we received a cleaning kit with it. My cat urinated on the couch and I had to have it cleaned. Their customer service rep was very pleasant and answered all my questions. We even made a couple of jokes. I like that in a customer service person. They weren't able to send someone right away since everybody was busy. It took a day before someone came out, which was fine. For the most part, they have met my expectations and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My experience with Guardian was terrible. I purchased one and it was five years protection for anything that happens to the furniture. I called a service request recently for my sofa as a few springs came loose. I called them a few times and each time, the waiting time was 45 minutes before anybody even picked up which was too long. They told me I needed to fax the receipt and the picture. Then it would be 11 days before they would call me back to tell me if I was approved and then they would set up. 11 days was too long and I questioned what I needed to be approved for. I already paid for whatever happens to the furniture which was the only point of the service.

I waited for two weeks then I called them back. It was again 45 minutes on the line just for them to tell me that they did not receive anything that I sent them so I should do it again and in 14 days, they would contact me. By then it was a month that we couldn’t sleep on the sofa. It’s a pull-open sofa and without the springs, we couldn’t use it. I waited for another 14 days then called again and they told me that they couldn't find my request. I asked how they couldn't find it when I was on the phone for three hours with them. We then did the request together on the phone and I didn’t receive the text that they were supposed to receive back.

Eventually, I was able to receive the confirmation from them that they received the request. They again told me that somebody would contact me within 14 days but nobody did and that was already a month and a half into it. I called them and they apologized since the repair technician was in Orange County and since he was not local, he could only come between 7 to 9 o’clock at night. Due to that, I needed to be up until 9 o’clock at night to have some stranger in my house and I wasn't even sure how long it would take him to fix the issue.

The repair was finally done last month but the whole experience was a nightmare. I’m thinking of writing them a request for a refund as I could have called a local repairman to come fix it. I would have paid a bit of money on it but the four hours that I spent on the phone with Guardian cost me more than that. Overall, their customer service was very bad, unorganized and rude. They weren’t sympathetic or empathetic to the situation. The whole experience could be very irritating and by the time somebody answers, one would be frustrated. But it sounds like they’re used to it at Guardian which is very sad. Stay away from them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a power recliner from Bob's furniture store 10/26/15 and also purchased the Goof Proof protection plan which is honored by Guardian Protection Products. The cushion on the arms of the chair began to sink. It appears with a little pressure that the upholstery would just tear. When the technician came out, he took a picture from underneath the recliner and said the boards were broken from the pressure of your arms. He said it had to be reported to the Goof Proof department. Once I explained the situation and requested to report a claim, I was informed that the insurance doesn't cover the arms because it wasn't an accident.

After speaking with the supervisor who wanted to continue to tell me that I had no claim because it wasn't an accident. I informed her that the plan states accidental and damages to your furniture. Therefore this is a damage to the product and the arms shouldn't break within two years of the purchase. I couldn't get anywhere with the supervisor who informed me that she was my last resort. I'm so disappointed in this service protection plan which appears to be nothing but a way to just take the consumers money and provided nothing in return. I would suggest that you make a careful decision when you purchase furniture and the protection plan covered by Guardian.

Sandra,

I am so sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your furniture. I am reaching out to Bob's to see if there is a resolution we can come to, to be able to address this problem. You will contacted once we receive feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I wish I could give no star if it is possible. We realized that the furniture was broken when we wanted to move it, because the fracture was inside the furniture, so I decided to use my plan protection that BOB'S FURNITURE offered me. What they were able to do was, send me some emails saying they could not do anything for me. If I want to buy something else, I will never choose this plan because I have no trust in them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I got a Guardian protection plan from Furniture Mart, Fridley MN on my purchase and today I called them to report the following damages. They said it's not eligible because we don't exactly know what caused a external rip or stain on the couch. First of all this is a Accidental damage that happened after a party with full of children. Children would have used their toys or anything to rip the surface of a leather couch. They used some colors and made small stains (either crayon or some kind of polish or some food during the party) but they don't remember which one they used to make those small stain marks. The Guardian protection plan said, it's not eligible because we don't know what caused the stain or rip. All of it is covered by the plan. Here is the plan below.

"LEATHER/VINYL: a) Accidental Stains caused by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans; mold and mildew stains caused by food or beverage spills; stains caused by human or pet bodily fluids; grass, grease, ballpoint pen ink, iodine, nail polish, cosmetics, lipstick, crayon, and shoe polish. Rips, cuts, punctures or burns from a single relatable occurrence."

Why furniture stores are selling such controversial plans to customers and making fake promises? When the plan says all of the items are covered, why we get a response that this is ineligible because we don't have know what EXACTLY caused it. Does you plan state that all these are covered only if we exactly state what caused it? Accident means, you don't always know why it happened. It just happens. This is a waste of time and money for customers. Very disappointed and of course confused. Will ensure all my friends know about this experience from furniture mart and Guardian protection.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

One star is too generous. Horrible experience, I believe that Guardian and Jeromes (the retailer we purchased the protection plan from) have a completely different understanding of what the plan covers. This misunderstanding between the retailer and Guardian should not be imposed on the consumer. We asked specific questions before purchasing the sofa and the protection plan and apparently we were lied to. Guardian has refused to help with any of the issues, even specific issues that were discussed at the time of the purchase of the protection plan. In addition to the lack of assistance, Guardian offered cringeworthy customer service at best.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I bought a couch, loveseat, and dining room table from Mattresses For Less in Webster, TX in August of 2014. They sat in the warehouse until July of 2015 when we finally moved and went to get them. In the July 2017 (2 years of use) my 9 year old son (70 lbs) slept on the couch every night because it was summer and why not? By the beginning of August 2017 we noticed the springs sticking out of the center cushion. Over the next week it got drastically worse. Also, something had snapped and the back of the middle cushion was leaning backwards on one side. At just a quick glance, my husband determined a screw had fallen out.

Mid-august I called to make a claim. I spoke to 2 different representatives who approved my claim and said they would send someone. September 30th a technician came to my home, it took well over a month to get someone out but Hurricane Harvey had happened in between so I was understanding about that. The technician put the screw in to fix the back and took pictures of the springs. He said he would be back to fix it at a later date. On October 18th I called to inquire and the automated system said my claim was closed. I spoke to a representative afterward who told me it was in fact not closed and they would contact me in 7-10 days to schedule something.

Today, on October 30th, I called to inquire because I have heard nothing and am now being told that it's not covered and they will not fix it. Apparently, the technician reported that it was "jumped on" which is a lie. I never said that and he never witnessed that happen either. The representative then told me that with or without that statement, it still was not covered. I asked for an email of something I signed where it explained broken springs would not be covered. He obliged but also said it's not the springs that are broken but the "core." The technician did nothing more than look at it with a naked eye and you cannot see the springs so other than him being a professional, I'm not sure how he knows what exactly is broken. A mechanic has to look under the hood, he doesn't just glance at your vehicle and know what is wrong.

The email sent to be was a copy of the terms and conditions in which the representative highlighted what applied to my claim. Under the "what is covered section" he highlighted springs. Under the "reasons it's not covered" section, he highlighted, diagnosed to have no defect. I encourage you to look at these pictures and tell me there is no defect with the springs. Not possible. So for 2 months I was told by every representative, and the technician that it would be fixed. I never got a call or email or piece of mail telling me it would not be, and in fact was told more than 2 weeks AFTER the technician was here that it would be. Only to be told a month later and only because I called them that it won't be covered.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Purchased a protection plan for furniture purchased at Ashley Furniture. Kitchen table got a couple water stains on it so I submitted a claim. The process for filing is purposefully made tedious but I went through the necessary steps and a few weeks later a guy came out to look at it. About a week after that we get an email the claim was denied because the guy found a scratch elsewhere on the table I didn't report. What that has to do with the water stains I have no clue. As you can tell from the other reviews this company looks for any reason to not honor the warranty. I have appealed the decision and had to leave a voice mail as they don't take calls for resolution only voice mail. I haven't heard back from anyone as of yet. I will never purchase a protection plan from them again and would recommend to not waste your money on this service.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you Mr. Baro!! We appreciate that very much!I hope you get your issue resolved!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Contact Guardian Protection Products to exercise my plan for repair of an accidental cut on my leather love seat. Provided all the necessary documents & photos and was told by the customer service agent it was approved and a technician would be contacting me to schedule a repair. When I followed up I was asked if the customer service agent asked me if the cut was penetrating and they had not. I was told by a supervisor that the customer service agent was new and unfortunately due to lack of training didn't follow their internal procedures. I provided another photo and again it was denied. As a customer I'm being penalized for this company's lack of training. It's too bad, once my policy expires I was going to see if I could extend. They lost a customer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We had a problem with the electrical of our couch. Guardians came out and fixed it so that was good. The customer service team was wonderful and we were satisfied.

Guardian Protection Products response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Guardian! We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The Healthy Back store sold me an office chair with a warranty from Guardian that covers absolutely anything. After 2 years, my seat fabric started showing pilling. After the runaround of submitting online claims and pictures, the response back from Guardian is that the warranty does not cover pilling. I think their business model is to reject almost everything with the expectation that only a few people will challenge them. This works for them, but it is a very dishonest business practice. I'll never buy a warranty from Guardian again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We bought an entire living room set from La-Z-Boy and paid $350 for a 5 year warranty through Guardian Warranty. Recently one of the electric recliners broke. We contacted Guardian, sent them pictures as they requested, then heard nothing. Three weeks later they sent out an 'inspector' who, in his report, deemed the chair "non-repairable - manufacture defect". Then, after another couple of weeks we contacted the warranty company and we continued to hear a recording saying "Your claim is being reviewed."

Finally, in desperation, we contacted the local La-Z-Boy Service department. They were able to come and get the chair, repair it and return it to us in 2 business days! They charged us $154 for pickup and delivery only - did not charge us for the repair. Since then, the only response we get from Guardian is "We are looking for parts." Well, according to La-Z-Boy, this chair has been discontinued and Guardian will not be able to get any parts. Never mind that their own Guardian appointed inspector told them it was not repairable. We have contacted them several times over a 2 month period with absolutely no help offered - each time it's a new excuse or no answer.

I spoke with them for the last time on Monday - they promised me someone would get back to me by Thursday... Today is Friday and I am done with the stress of trying to deal with these people. Now, today La-Z-Boy manager explained that Guardian would take anywhere from 6-10 weeks just to get a part, if it was available. Not to mention the weeks before and after that. So, basically, if we had waited to have the chair fixed (or replaced) by them, we would have been without a chair for 3-4 months at a minimum. We feel totally scammed by Guardian and buying their warranty was a total waste of $350. Never again. Warranty buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

After 4 years of owning my furniture I’ve never called in for a fix or a replacement until today. When speaking to the rep I was very clear that I had a party the previous Saturday and some damage occurred to my furniture. So when I started to tell her that there was minor things I didn’t care to report that. My only concern are the two burn holes on my sofa. She continued to ask me about the minor damages. So I explained them in detail per her “need for very detailed information” so that she could supposedly put my claim into the department for review. Magically Guardian has geniuses that are able to review an entire case file in less than three seconds because she said, “Oh well I’m sorry you're not covered for incidents occurring in a bundle.”

Then when I said, “What bundle? I answered your questions and specifically stated that the only things I was concerned with were the 2-3 major holes.” NOT the tiny scuffs and marks that she seems more interested in than the actual problem. So, suffice it to say my sofas are not getting replaced or repaired and if anything else happens to myself is they must be in a different area caused by a different incidents because if they suspect it is anywhere near this any of the incident that I just claim now it won’t be covered. So, don’t spend the extra 2500 when purchasing an entire living room worth of furniture because apparently it’s just a scams to get more Mo eye out of their patrons!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Bought bunkbed and dresser from Bob's Furniture. I was told that Guardian Protection Products was great when you have young kids. I explained that a 9 year old moved his TV on the dresser, it caused damaged. I was told to send pictures, (which I did). Also the ladder caused a deep gouge on the bunk bed, didn't notice it until I moved the ladder. Nothing was covered, this protection is a waste of money. I'm asking for a refund, hope I don't have to keep requesting it like people are saying.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I had three attempts where I tried to use Guardian Protection Products. Each time, it is like an illegal inquisition to squeeze out an answer, which would justify them not doing what they were paid for. The first time I tried to do it, that's exactly what the case, after I went through a whole spiel for four or five minutes on the phone. They said, “Okay, we’ll say what we're going to do for you. We're going to do nothing because we can't cover it." They said they want a description of the five areas of stains. There was one occurrence but too many stains and the brochure said they’re the ‘accidental spills’. The next time, which was two or three years down the road and has brought us in the last year, my two-year-old used my couch as an art canvas with an ink pen.

Right there in the poster, it says ‘accidental markings from anything’ are covered and they wanted to know the size and the quantity. But there was a whole document that was never given to me where it says that if any of the ink stains are bigger than six inches, they would not be accidental. The brochure does not compliment what the actual policy was and not only was the policy not given to me, I was not even aware of it. I read through that whole fine print document, which was about 18 pages, where there were all kinds of exclusions on how it's not covered just like the ink. If there were too many marks or if the marks were too big, no. I had asked the first time they declined a claim two or three years ago. In the fine print, there were these conditions that I could cancel the policy and they would have given me a prorated amount of money back. If that was a five-year plan, they would have given me four years of my plan back.

Any rep specifically, they either didn't know that or was lied to, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But that was not in the sales brochure that anytime you could cancel. The first time I got denied a claim was when I’ve had it for a year. The second time, I didn't try to make a claim for another two years, so three years into it. I just made my third claim and this time, I was able to use a language that complied with all the fine print so there was no issue. I knew the language because it's 'ask the questions and I just stick to my answers to make sure they match', and that they made sure my answers matched the fine print. Then still, they wanted me to send pictures, and that’s already not in the brochure. I didn't talk to the person who makes the decisions, and I was at the mercy of Lyn and the staff person, so they declined.

It took me six phone calls and three messages all over eight hours to even get somebody to talk to me this time. In the fine print, it says, "You are responsible for calling and getting notified immediately” so I was scared that all they would say is, "Sorry, it's been eight hours and you were supposed to call us right away.” They didn't say that thankfully, but I assumed that was what was going to happen. I could not even talk nicely about this, and it is what it is now, but that's the honest answer. The company has a horrible reputation even online. The brochure name does not match the company name and the phone number was disconnected and didn't match as well. They should have notified the people who had policies. I had to do online research to figure it all out and it’s been a disaster.

I purchased the covers first through Wayside Furniture but I had to get Guardian involved and they picked up this one right away. We went around a couple of times and spoke to a supervisor and the third level up. This is not a maintenance plan, and there were too many things on the couch like baby formula that’s all over the place. In order for the insurance to continue, I had the furniture professionally cleaned and I had the cleaners take a bunch of pictures. I ended up making them give me the name of the lady that cleans for me so I could try to be as accurate as possible. They said, "Hey, here's some people we use. You might want to use them." They gave me three names. Overall, my experience with Guardian Protection Products was labor-intensive with poor results.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I called Guardian Protection Products regarding a request for a failure of the reclining action on two of four recliners purchased for our theater room. I was told they would only honor the repair on one unit because the second unit failed over 30 days ago and was not reported. The first failure occurred approximately 60 days ago. I told the representative I was in the hospital for over 30 days with a quadruple heart bypass operation with complications at the time of the first failure. I am recently well enough to start following up with items that occurred during my illness.

A broken recliner was not paramount to my family while my life hung in the balance. I told the representative I could provide all documentation they needed to verify these extenuating circumstances. The representative said she would check with her supervisor. Less than a minute later the representative came back and said the terms are the terms. I told them "you are coming out to fix one why can't you fix both". This question yielded no response. I spent $180 on worthless warranties that this company uses a scam to fatten their bottom line. Truly an example of "BUYER BEWARE".

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought $8000 worth of furniture from Bassett Furniture in Fort Lauderdale Florida. About 2 years later I moved the furniture from my house to an Apt while my house is being renovated. The couch both got dirty marks on them. I called and opened a claim and was forced to fill out a very cumbersome claim form which I did.

I was contacted in my car by the claim lady and she wanted exact locations of all dirt spots and I was unable to answer as I was in the car. I asked her to call me back and she would not call me back... my wife and I then got into an argument about this terrible service and she then called back a few days later and got nowhere with this waste of time company.

The salesperson at Bassett just directly said I was covered for everything when we bought the $400 plan... That is not true as this Guardian company was a waste of time... All I want is my $400 back since it is all a direct lie. Even this effort is a waste of time so I will go to as many local Radio Stations and Newspaper and consumer advocates as I can to be sure that other 68 year old customers don't get (Screwed) taken advantage of from Bassett and Guardian.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I purchased a warranty for stains on a white couch I bought from Wayside in Akron. I put in a claim when I noticed discoloring on the seats from wear & tear. When I called you need to give them specific times of when the stain happened & what the stain was from. I couldn't really do that since it was more from just sitting on it so my claim was denied. I put in a claim last week because my Grandson got chocolate on the couch & was told that was covered & they would be out to clean it. Guardian called today and said since the couch was never cleaned from the first claim they denied my second claim. Totally different stains in different areas but that didn't matter. So basically if you are denied once they won't cover any other stains.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My husband and I purchased a couch and loveseat from a retailer and was convinced to purchase the added "insurance" plan. My couch and loveseat are both recliners and have both failed miserably. I called to Guardian with a copy of my policy and my sales receipt. I had to fax the receipt, text pictures and they set me up with a technician to come to my house. The company never called, I got the info from calling back to Guardian AGAIN and called them myself. Apparently they do not take calls, only emails. So I sent an email and explained the tech was a no show. I was told he is only in my area on Fridays.

We re-scheduled and he finally showed 3 weeks later. He said he had to order parts. He never said they were shipping HUGE boxes to my house. They were so heavy. He finally made it out 2 Fridays later to install the parts. When he was complete we told him that the couches are not fixed and could he call that in and can we sign stating this. He said no problem, he would do that and there was nothing to sign. I called back after not hearing for a week and a half to hear my claim was closed. I spoke to someone at Guardian who said that they could reopen if I sent pictures. I texted 9 more photos and they did not call. I called AGAIN and they said that they would have tossed the man out again to look. They said that he reported I went to the retailer to inquire about new couch and loveseat options. SO OUT OF LEFT FIELD. I haven't been to that store since purchase, I don't even remember where it is.

I am giving them 1 last chance to make this right before the BBB hears from me. This has been almost 3 Months of circles and I have never felt so helpless and unsatisfied in my life, I cannot believe I was duped into buying a protection plan. I should have known better. I spent $2000 on my 2 pieces and they are not covering my needs. Totally deplorable - I am not finished with this matter, I will be happy to update my review when if this is resolved but I doubt it will be. When I call I envision a huge room with people with their feet up at their desks laughing at poor idiots that got talked into paying extra for this crap plan. My couch and loveseat do not recline without a thud and the amount is different and uneven, there is a huge gap between the backrest and the seat. The sides on both units tilt so it looks and feels like you are sitting at an angle. I am just so upset over this!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased a leather sofa set from Bob’s Furniture and purchased a Goof Proof plan from them. I called Guardian because my leather sofa, the leather peeled off on one side of the sofa. When I called them I was ask to explain the damage so I started by telling them it look like the leather peeled off the seat. I was put on hold without me explaining what cause the damage. When they returned I was told Goof Proof does not cover peeling leather. The other 2 pieces are fine. I not happy having the main piece the sofa damage. Can’t give a good Review for Bob’s Furniture anymore. Will let all my friends know about this that Bob’s has no say about the furniture repair or replacement. It’s in The hands of Guardian.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Two years ago we purchased a five year protection warranty through Guardian Protection Products at the same time we purchased two new leather sofas at Ashley Furniture. Today, after requesting a hole in the sofa be repaired, as well as loose stitching, Guardian Protection has refused to honor their warranty and will not fix either issue. Their policy clearly states that rips, cuts, punctures, burns are covered under the warranty. Even after speaking with a "manager" the policy is useless.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I have a furniture protection plan with Guardian for a dining room table and a hutch. The kids made some accidental scratches and chips on the table so I put in a claim for it. It took me three weeks to get an appointment because the furniture store put a date of delivery that was further, and it was impossible to straighten out. I put a claim in around September 12, but the estimated delivery was 9-28. Guardian kept telling me that they first had to fix that. They made me fax them the bill and they promised to get back to me twice but no one ever did. I sent them an email, asked them twice to respond and acknowledge but they didn't. They were unhelpful and they left me hanging for a couple of weeks. I finally had the furniture store intercede. Guardian submitted another bill changing the date and I made the appointment. And after all this, I'm terribly disappointed.

The technician came here a couple of days later and he said that the table’s color was impossible to match. He did what he could, but his work looked worse than what it was. I could have done what he'd done; I could have walked in with a bunch of crayons, make it a little dark, rub it and spray a little spray on it. I was unimpressed, having bought a brand new table and hutch with the warranty and the tech says, "There's nothing I can do 'cause I can't match your color." That's not what anyone told me when they sold me this stuff. And if the problem was the color, they could get new crayons. Guardian can't say that they can't get something to match it if they're selling protection for it. Overall I wouldn't recommend Guardian to anyone. The only value it has would be if the table were to fall apart and becomes irreparable, then I’d get a new one. But as far as scratches and stains, it's a joke, unless you have the color that matches their crayons.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We were sold the upholstery protection when we bought our couch 9 years ago. The sales person told me that anything you get on your couch they will take out for you. A pen cap came off & the pen leaked ink all over my love seat. As per other reviews, our claim was denied after about 3 weeks. $150 complete waste of money. Their customer service via telephone was horrible. Extremely long hold time only to be transferred to another department and sit on hold again. Do not waste your money on the insurance through this company!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I bought GUARDIAN VALUE 1 PLAN for $199.00 for 5 years 2016 to 2021 when I bought Furniture from American Freight Invoice#() then submitted service claim#() but it got declined because you have to call us once issues happens not after 30 days so need them to cancel my plan and refund the money back to me. They told me to send cancel plan and refund money email to their refund department. I sent to refund@guardianproducts.net. I sent so many emails, called customer service so many times. Every time customer service says send to this email, I tell them I sent so many times. They say ''Sorry we don't work in this department, keep sending them''. No one is telling me when will I get my money. What should I do to get my money back!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I paid 500 dollars for a protection that covers spills, frame work and the cloth... I went to put in a claim for a spill and screws coming out of my centerpiece. Guess what, my claims were denied. To make a long story short, if you got 500 dollars to give away then this company is for you, if not... PLEASE LOOK FOR OTHER COVERAGE... A WASTE OF 500 DOLLAR'S because your claim will ALWAYS BE DENIED... I'm so angry. I could have done something else with the 500 dollars. A useless piece of crap company. Run, run as fast as you can... Don't pass. Go and don't collect two hundred dollars...

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased a sectional sofa from Gardner White with the extended 5 yr warranty thru this company. The sofa is tearing and splitting in the upper left. I called to get it repaired and was basically told if I had lied about the issue they would have fixed it. I told them I want my money back, not a partial, FULL REFUND. I've read the reviews and I see how Guardian has stuck it to several individuals regarding this warranty. Basically they don't want to fix it! Also, when I asked for a copy of the warranty it stated clearly that I had purchased this product. When I asked for the refund they told me I needed to send a copy of the receipt. REALLY!

They had it in their hot little hands. They knew I had purchased the product and I still had to send them something. The worst dysfunctional company I've ever had to deal with. Fast forward I've sent an email, EVERY SINGLE DAY asking about my refund. Now they don't respond. My next step is a small claim against the company for 3x the amount of the furniture. They can send an attorney here to fight it. Bottom line, totally disgusted, will NEVER purchase this product in the future.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had some stains on my couch from my dogs and called Guardian Protection. The technician came out within a few days. He called the next day that he could come out, but I wasn't available so he came that Saturday. I was at work when I called, so I wasn't looking at the couch. He only cleaned the spot I reported but I had more than one spot and I would have liked it if he would have been able to clean more than one spot. I had to report it when I called.

He said he couldn’t do it and it would’ve been nice if he attacked anything that needed to be done. I feel I got to call another time for the other spots. I would have thought they would have steam-cleaned the whole couch if they were out there 'cause when they sold it to me at Levin, they made it sound that they’ll come out and clean anything that I need. In spite of that, the guy who came was wonderful, very nice and thorough. Guardian’s reps were very helpful, answered the questions and hooked me up with the right people.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

So I bought a sofa set worth 1000 with “insurance” from Deardens and was told that I had warranty for 5 yrs. Warranty being important to me because it is a must when you have kids. So kids will be kids right, I've had these sofas for two years and since the material is some sort of fake leather it rips easily. Point is, my kids peeled a few small holes and since this material gets easily ripped it made big peels and now the sofas look way too overused. I contacted Guardian and they won't cover the damages, I contacted Deardens again and was told it had coverage for only one year. Now I'm stuck with a debt for sofas that have even gotten to hurt my baby. In a corner where the wood is sticking out my son nearly opened his head. Horrible. Please seek elsewhere for protection in your investments.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information