3.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

588 Guardian Protection Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought a sectional on Jerome's and they offer a insurance for the sectional we buy it for 5 year of protection. I call to tell them that the sofa is ripped and they told me that they will send some papers that I have to fill and I did it I send it back to them and I never received a answer from them. I call again and the lady from customer service was so rude and she didn’t help me and I was on my warranty time. I don’t know why she wasn’t able to help. She said, "That went. You report a incident you 30 days to send papers. But if they don’t received the paper on time the claim is closed." But I send the paper but she said, "We didn’t received nothing and your case is closed" and I said, "Could we open a new" and she said, "No." "But I still on my warranty" and she keep saying, "No. No. No" and I hang the phone. I just want to tell don’t buy that insurance. It's the worst experience.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Beverly, the owner of the couch, got sick on it. It smelled bad and needed to be cleaned up. I contacted Guardian Protection and I had an awesome experience with them. They asked a lot more detailed questions than I was anticipating but that was no big deal. I was also calling to see if I could take the covers off and run them to the washing machine without damaging them, and Guardian covered that. They came out and dealt with the whole thing for me. So, it was great. But I had to schedule the appointment a week out because Beverly was in the hospital. When the techs were here, they were in and out very quickly, and they were very polite. They did a great job and I was a little jealous of the cleaner that they have. We have a little pet stain eraser and that is a toy compared to what they have.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I had bought a bed frame from Bob's Discount Furniture and purchased this bogus protection plan. My fiance sat on the bed and the whole bottom let out and broke. I was told him SITTING on the bed and it breaking was normal wear and tear on the bed and they do not cover it. If this ever happens to you tell them you were having wild sex bouncing up and down and it broke because apparently that IS covered. Second I purchased a couch with a recliner and Chaise lounge. The handle to pull out the recliner is made out of PLASTIC. It has been 4 years and finally broke. Well that's not covered either. This couch was $999 and the protection plan was $99! These people are nothing but a scam. Two different items two different reason why they cannot cover it. What a waste of money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have indoor furniture protection with Guardian Protection Products. I got my furniture and before I could get home, my dog peed on it, so I called them. The rep was very friendly. It took them two days to dispatch a tech and it was really quick. The tech was great. She explained to me what she was gonna do and she took care of it. She told me to pretend it never happened because there would be no more stain or odor, and there wasn't.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have a pet and she got sick on my furniture, so I wanted Guardian to come and clean it. It took a bit of time to get everything set up but otherwise the experience was good. It took a couple of times to dispatch a service tech. I had to email them requesting some other information and there was a bit of delay in that aspect, but they handled everything in a timely manner for the most part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Do not buy this protection plan! They make you go to all kinds of red tape… Just to decline the request for repair. They will find a reason to decline it… Consider yourselves warned! Do NOT buy this protection plan!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We recently bought a bed from BEL Furniture and also bought the warranty from Guardian Protection Product. The other day we noticed the bed had broke where the rails connect to the headboard and when we called to file a claim Guardian won’t help. That’s complete **. The company can take their products and shove it up their **. I will be going to the BBB on this one and hope nobody buys their bs protection plan cause it won’t cover anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased a couch and bought the extended the plan was P5FRP Premium Fabric Five Year Warranty. One of the cushions ripped at the seam where the zipper is. It took me three hours to speak to someone and after explaining in detail and giving measurements I was told that was not covered. Isn’t that the fabric and didn’t I buy the “premium fabric Protection” and they don’t cover that!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased this coverage for my sofa... I got a coffee stain years later while it was still under coverage and didn't honor it. They say that because I clean it; I personally damage my sofa??? I would definitely won't buy any of their products... they're really cheating people!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The retail store of the couch is out of business. Guardian claims because of that they can only offer a refund of plan. Store has been out of business for years, but never offered it prior or contacted us regarding this, I guess they were happy to keep the money until we needed a repair. Guardian fixing the couch should have nothing to do with the store! Avoid, no help at all, waste of money. I will be taking them to small claims.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

** Service request - Unfortunately, 1 star is NOT low enough, if you're like myself and don't have money or time to waste then this is Not the insurance for you. I purchased Guardian insurance when I purchased my furniture in May. Received delivery June 2018. I contacted Guardian by phone and was on hold over 37min on Sept 11, 2018 for a pet urine stain. Customer services informed me to email Guardian for a request with my Guardian paperwork, and pictures. (My guess is this company only does business by email). I emailed Guardian the needed docs and a confirmation was received about allowing 5 business days. On Sept 13 my claim was approved. On Sunday Sept 15 a scheduler reached out to me scheduling an appt for Tuesday Sept between 12-5p with a 1hr call ahead time.

She left a message indicating this information and I immediately called her back. I confirmed that appointment, and took off work for this appt. This order over 1 week ago! Today, there was a NO CALL NO SHOW! I was on the phone with Guardian for over 1 hour trying to reach the department before transferred to a tech who called my area tech. The scheduler who contacted me and confirmed did not schedule my appt in the system. I called her several times only to receive a voicemail, I sent the phone audio/text message and her phone number to Guardian for proof and confirmation. This is ridiculous, unprofessional, and a waste of time and money! I am very frustrated with the lack of disconnect and service received from this company.

I was able after an hour on hold, to talk directly with a tech who was clueless about the appointment and scheduled me for tomorrow. Guardian needs to take this matter seriously. I wish I NEVER got the insurance and future purchases from Morris furniture I will NEVER get this insurance and will be sure to notify Morris and Ashley furniture about my experience. Consumers PLEASE learn from my lesson. Think twice about this company, call the customer services department for Guardian prior just as a walk through, even before purchasing the insurance and you will feel my frustration.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have Guardian Furniture Protection Plan for my couch and for my table that we recently purchased. We had a baby throw up on our couch and we had Guardian come to clean it. However, we weren’t impressed with their reps on the phone. But the guy that came and did the work was very nice and did a very good job. Guardian told us that they want us to call for every little tiny spot and make an appointment for each that the couch gets so if it’s got three or four on it, they can only come and do the one that we called about. We got two babies, a four, and a five-year old too so spots happen pretty frequently on a couch. We’re very busy people with full-time jobs. We don’t have time to call them to make an appointment for each and every little spot. If you wanna have some sort of cleaning warranty on your thing, then it’s a good thing to have. But don’t be surprised if your customer service on the phone isn’t the most pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Under my warranty it covers wood structure breakage. The piece of wood on the dresser broke. Guardian will not cover it and it is two years old. I never had furniture that broke like that in two years and that is why I bought the extra protection.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

One of our Yorkies threw up on both cushions of the loveseat and I was very annoyed and upset. I picked up the chunks and took a clean white washcloth. I just pressed it in as best as I could as there was some moisture there and I didn’t use any cleaning products as I knew that we bought this Guardian Protection when we got the furniture from La-Z-Boy. There was a little stain on both cushions for a couple of days that we could see after I did my cleaning and so we called La-Z-Boy to have them come out.

On the day that they coming, I noticed that the stain wasn't there anymore. I even picked up the cushions and took them to the window in daylight and I couldn’t see it. Then when the guy was there, we did the same. I spent my time apologizing that I called them out. I also asked that if we ever have another real problem that comes up, that this does null and void our policy and he said not at all, so I thanked him. He came out to professionally do whatever he needed to do and he didn’t even have to do anything. I have nothing but good to say about Guardian.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My couch and loveseat have an extended warranty with Guardian Protection Services. When there was a bad odor on my furniture, I made a service request with them and it was handled in a timely manner. They answered my questions, set up a time, and got somebody out as soon as they could. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My sectional is covered by Guardian's Indoor Furniture Protection plan, which is the only plan offered by Hobbs Discount. One thing though is that I didn’t get a cleaning kit when they delivered the sectional. Later on, I called Guardian for a service request because there was a stain on my couch. The process to file the request was quick and easy. The CS rep told me it could be up to two weeks so I really wasn’t worried, but the tech came out in a couple of days. So, as far as I’m concerned, two thumbs up for Guardian.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Our teething child bit the top part of the couch one day and we caught him quickly, but not before he had made two small rips next to each other. We called the next day and they asked for a bunch of pictures which we took right away and emailed them right away. 2 weeks later no word from them we call again, they said they never got anything, so we email again, and it gets there.

However, they tell us that since during that 30 seconds he took his mouth off the couch and bit another section which is 1 inch from the other bite spot, it is "not a single incident, and shows a history of damage not tied to a single incident". Complete nonsense excuse, the "incident" happened in a total of 30 seconds, they couldn't be more obvious in trying to avoid covering their plan. The rep then also told me that "bites aren't covered, only rips/tears." That is so absurd, the rip is the RESULT of the bite, it's one in the same. I'm currently dealing with Bob's Furniture who sold me the policy that Guardian refuses to cover in hopes they can have better customer service than this horrible company has had so far.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I used my protection plan from Guardian for a stain on our couch and it was exactly what we had hoped for in those kinds of circumstances. The technician they sent out was friendly and he cleaned the stain in a couple of days time. There were a couple of numbers on our accounts and there was a little bit of confusion about the phone number, but we straightened that out. The couch now looks good and we're happy with the results. It was nice to have the protection plan and have the stain taken care of. Our couch is a light color, almost white, and if Guardian didn't come to take the stain out, it would have been very noticeable.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

After calling them to schedule them to come by and do a service on a brand new sofa, where my dog jumped on a table and spilled ice cream which had caramel and chocolate sauce on it and went right from the table to the floor and then up across the club sofa seat. The back and when I yelled at her she got scared and turned around on the sofa so there are several places on several cushions and two backs from her scampering around, I requested Guardian to come out and take care of the situation.

The first tech was not even prepared to look at the furniture nor clean it. He was dressed as if he was going out on a date. Plus he was afraid of dogs, who were all in kennels. And he said that it needed to be replaced. The job was too big for him and yelling. I had to tell him to get out of the house because he was the one upsetting the dogs with his yelling and screaming.

After calling and complaining they sent out a second technician and she also went back and said the club sofa needed a full cleaning. This representative was very nice. But let me just say that this couch is a microsuede material oatmeal in color which means if you move the pile one way it is very light and if you move the pile another way it is darker. But both technicians stated that this couch is dirty and needed a full cleaning because of its condition. But it is not dirty. Bottom line, they are not cleaning it or the spot cleaning. But this is a continuous problem with Guardian and their cleaning. They will do a spot but if it is a big - one time continuous problems over a bigger area. THEY WON'T DO IT.

As I told them yesterday I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and I will blog this situation, this is ridiculous with the amount of money you pay them for this service. But I had purchased a baby blue couch from them in 2003 and it took almost 75 days to get the paperwork even pulled together, faxing and mailing and still no response. But with Jerome's I have tried again. I have had two bad experiences and 1 good experience. It's almost worthless to pay for this services. Today I am taking the cushions to Jerome's so that they can see it. So they will know first hand these experiences with Guardian. I would be more than happy to have someone come out and review this case. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My pet decided to walk across my couch and pee along the way, so I called Guardian. Their reps were amazing. From the beginning of setting up the claim, all the way down to the gentleman that went to the door and the follow-up calls, it was great service. Due to my schedule, it took two days for them to come out and they did a relatively good job to all the stains. The smell is still there, but it is urine. It’s just unfortunate that I still seem to need a new couch since the smell doesn’t go away. Other than that, the Guardian Protection plan has met my expectations.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I got a Guardian Protection plan to protect my couch for five years. My dog had an accident so I needed to make a service request with Guardian. It took only a couple of days for them to dispatch a service technician to our home. The tech did great.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I got an indoor furniture protection plan from Guardian. When I had a pet stain on my couch, I called them up and the rep I dealt with was great. They were very understanding and they handled my concern very well. The service tech came the next day or the day after and they were very quick. I also got a cleaning kit with the purchase of the protection plan and I used it, but I wanted it to be cleaned better. I like Guardian and would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I don’t normally do protection plan or any kind of security for anything, but for our indoor furniture, I purchased a Guardian Protection plan. On the right-hand side of the love seat, the handle that pulls the foot thing up broke so I filed a claim to Guardian. The technician knew exactly what was wrong and he did an excellent job. It didn’t take him 15 minutes and said he had seen this problem many times. It was an excellent experience.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased a chair and Sectional from McDonald's Furniture in May 3 2017. A year later the furniture started to create crackling noise and the armrests started to cave in. So I email to GPP claim service, pictures of the furniture along with the Guardian protection plan document were attached in the email. Note that In addition to my name and address the plan document has invoice number, purchase amount and purchase date on it. After several days I got a call and I was informed that they can't process it without the original receipt. The retailer is no longer open so there is no way to get a reprint of the original receipt. No luck. Finally I decided to to cancel my coverage, Unbelievably they said no to cancel the coverage, They want receipt even for cancelling. It didn't make sense to me.

Just for sake of argument let's say you bought a furniture a year ago, and now the furniture with receipt were stolen or you sold it to someone... And you have a 20 years warranty with Guardian and you wanted all your coverage be canceled and get your prorated premium back. GPP will ask you to fax the stupid receipt or pay the premium for the remaining 19 years even if you do not have the furniture with you. So, in summary GPP wants to avoid any responsibility, uses very pushy sales at the store and tries to find reasons to not repair or replace the furniture should something happen to it. I read reviews that are much worse than this. In conclusion - - Do not even think of buying a coverage from Guardian. Bad customer handling. Bad profit making technique.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Guardian is good to use. I bought their protection plan for my couch. Their reps were fine and they called me back. However, I sat all day waiting for the technician. It took them 9 hours to get here. It would be nice if there is a better time frame and if they could keep in touch when the technicians are gonna be pulling through. Other than that, they did what they were supposed to do and did the work quickly. My couch is fine now and I'm happy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a living room full of leather furniture from Furniture City in Fresno, Ca. I also purchased the protection plan from Guardian, however I did not know it was from Guardian until a year later. I never received a copy of the certificate stating terms and conditions and coverage. My recliner got a small tear in it and I called for repair. I was told because I did not call within the 30 days my claim was denied. I explained to them how could I know about that term if I had never received the certificate? They stated they were 'sorry' I never received the Protection Plan but they could not make any exceptions. Someone at Guardian should have sent me a copy but did not so now I am being denied the claim because of someone's incompetence. Very unprofessional!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My theater seats set - Placed a claim for accidental damage that occurred to my furniture and it was denied, and was told it wasn't an accident. WTF. I paid 5k cash for my furniture with protection plan and it's useless. I was also told that I can't make any more claims for my furniture. Furniture was just purchased in May. It's still brand new. I will never purchase from Bob's again and I will also tell everyone I know in person and social media about this incident so they won't purchase from them either.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My cat threw up on my new chair so I called Guardian. When I made the call, it was very good. They were courteous and they hooked me up right away with a contractor to come out and clean it. I heard back within 48 hours. The contractor that came out was from AnythingOUT Stain Removal and her name was Eve. She was absolutely phenomenal. So, it was a very good experience all around. However, I was reading my protection plan and it said that if I use any other cleaning products besides Guardian on there, it could void the warranty for the Guardian. But I didn’t receive any products and I don't know where to purchase Guardian products.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They use Double talk to deny claims. “Has to be accident, can’t happen during normal use” while contract says has to be accidental, during normal use. I had Three claims, all contorted by them to receive over the phone denial. This is nothing but a scam, don’t waste your money! Guardian employees, you should be ashamed. Doesn’t anyone regulate these contracts? At the top it should clearly define accidental as Good luck because this must be an accident, not normal use, but during normal use but not BY accident but like by tripping or falling, that kind of accident. That is accidental, got it? Oh and then to summarize: "You’re denied". Again. "I’m sorry your accident was not accidental. I could give you our email to possibly get a refund", prorated OF COURSE. Scam, what was I thinking!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was hesitant on purchasing this plan but was talked into purchasing because the salesman told me that if anything happened to the chairs it would be covered or table and this plan would be a no brainer. Wrong! My husband did not realize he had paint on his pants and sat down on the chair and now the paint won't come off. I called to get a replacement chair and what a surprise?! They don't cover paint! Anything else they cover but not paint. Not to mentioned when I called, I was on hold for about 15 minutes and then decided to get a callback and I won't lose my place in line and I did not receive a call back for another 45 minutes! Save your money and time!!! Do not buy the plan! It is not worth it!

Guardian Protection Products, Inc expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

• Best for: Homeowners who want to protect their new indoor and/or outdoor furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs