2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

2.3/5 (740 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: May 20, 2020

Anyone I've spoken with show no interest in coming to a solution, instead they guide the conversation to get you to disqualify yourself from eligibility. I made a claim with someone that barely asked about the situation and the stains on my couch, and simply asked me how and where. Less than 20 min later I got a response that I wasn’t eligible and that it was my final (and first) attempt to file a claim. They word it confusing on purpose, they never have to come through on a claim.. the response says I must have a licensed cleaning agent attempt to clean my couch (on my dime) and produce a receipt in order to be eligible. I have that, I mentioned that, and she refused to acknowledge that. Now anytime I call I get the run around. This service is a joke!

“Please understand that this is a final determination and your claim cannot be changed or altered to change its eligibility.” “The plan you purchased from Daniel's Home Center does cover your furniture for a variety of accidental stains from a single incident. You reported multiple stains throughout both pieces of your sectional; therefore a general cleaning would be required to resolve this claim. Your plan does not offer a general cleaning and specifically excludes stains that cannot be attributed to a single incident.“ Impossible to get a general cleaning or any kind of claim on my “protected products”. Notice how they only respond to 5 star reviews. Not professional, NOT looking forward to providing excellent service like they say so in their introductory email.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I purchased the warranty for my leather furniture. However, Guardian states the damage is not covered. This company is scamming hardworking people. They should be put out of business and not allow to scammed people.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2 piece furniture set from Harlem Furniture which unfortunately has turned out to be a horrendous experience. The bed had a piece of the inner wood lining of the bed. Railing break off after about 2 yrs of use. I wouldn't rate any stars for this company if it was possible. I submitted a claim and was told the breakage in wood was not subject to warranty. We have to hold the bed up with boxes and some tape to continue to use it and it is completely useless to all intents and purposes as there is no repair plan or replacement for damaged parts.

I quote the response verbatim: "The plan you purchased does cover your furniture for accidental breakage of the frames however any damage caused by an unauthorized cleaning or repair attempt is not a coverage of your plan. The photos indicate that you used tape to tape the rails. Putting tape on the bed rail is an unauthorized cleaning or repair attempt and excluded from the coverage of this plan". This company is a scam and should be shut down from operations. Buyers beware!

Original review: May 12, 2020

We purchased $2,000.00 worth of living room furniture from Bob’s Furniture in November, 2018. We added the Guardian Protection Plan because we were told it “literally covers everything” and were also told it lasted as long as we had the furniture (but that’s another issue and I’ll take it up with Bob’s). Recently a bar in the footrest of my oversized recliner completely snapped, rendering it practically useless. I contacted Guardian to file a claim but due to a miscommunication with my spouse, and the fact that I was dealing with work at the time, I unfortunately failed to list what they would deem a valid reason as to how this happened (we’ve all hurriedly completed things when we have a million other things going on, right?).

The claim comes back almost immediately denied because I said I was unaware of how it became broken, I later discovered from my wife it was due to our 85lb dog jumping on it (again, another issue) and so I contacted customer service to see about amending the claim. The agent was rude, of course, and gave me the email to a different department who has now also come back with a denial. So all because I selected the wrong option (aka anything other than a specific “accident” because that is literally the ONLY thing these plans cover) I now have a $600 recliner that does not recline! Let me make this abundantly clear, this company takes your money and has no intention of ever hearing from you again.

If you happen to file a claim, they make you go through a ridiculous amount of red tape with questions that are set up to confuse you, just so they can come back and deny your claim for not answering the questions correctly. They will then refuse to change or review anything because you agreed to that ridiculous arrangement when you filed the claim in the first place! This company is a scam. DO NOT BUY THEIR PLANS, THEY WON’T FIX YOUR STUFF ANYWAY!!!

Original review: May 4, 2020

The protection plan is worthless. Takes 2 months to get a rude person to come out and clean the stained furniture, and they don't even have the correct equipment to do it. The guy had to use our mop bucket to clean his hose. The couch now smells even worse than it did to begin with, we call to see if anything can be done, turns out the plan ONLY PROTECTS THE FABRIC and NOT the cushion itself. We were also told that the cleaning solution they use sometimes leaves a bad smell and there's nothing they can do about it. Absolutely horrible company and definitely not worth the money because you'll still have to buy a replacement.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Do not purchase the Guardian plan. They did not honor my policy coverage. I purchased a 5 year Premium Leather Protection Plan from Guardian on the purchase of three La-Z-Boy items. Our dog jumped on the couch causing the leather arm rest to rip loose from the couch. Our policy (section 2a) covered "Rips, cuts, punctures or burns from a single relatable occurrence." This clearly covers my situation. Guardian responded to or claim #** and denied it stating "your plan covers accidental rips but not seam separations." This is clearly and accidental rip situation. Also, I can't find anywhere in the policy where "seam separations" are not covered.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I purchase a contract from Bob's Furniture for my couch just in case and one of my recliner started reclining uneven. So called and started a claim, 2 days later they tell me it was declined because it was not a accident. They just try anything to get out on paying. I would recommend not buying from Bob's Furniture or even getting the warranty.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Guardian is Bob's Discount Furniture goof proof. It's their protection plan. I contacted guardian and guardian is refusing to fix nor replace my kitchen table even though their protection plan says that they would for exactly the reason of a white ring stain on my table. I've contacted Bob's furniture and guardian. No one is willing to do anything. Bob says it's guardian's responsibility. Guardian says that they're not going to replace nor fix my table. My protection plan has been paid for through guardian and now they are not honoring it.

Original review: April 18, 2020

This is regarding 6 pcs sectional power recliner sofa I bought from Bob's Furniture 3 years ago with Goof Proof protection plan. Now earlier this month one of the sofa chair framework broke while person suddenly sat due to loss of balance. The sofa chair literally went down. When I filed a claim, with mentioning this as a specific incident, it was denied saying that "damage to your furniture occurred while sitting. While we understand the furniture was not intentionally damaged, sitting on the furniture is the intended use of the furniture." Of course it was not usual sitting on sofa. What kind of normal sitting will break the sofa? Sofas are meant to be sit on and not supposed to break them when you sit. It can happen only when the circumstances are unusual.

The incident I mentioned, It was one time accident where the person (little overweight) had to sit all of a sudden due to loss of balance with kid in the hand to avoid physical injury to self and child. I tried to call but the customer support is closed with only online chat option, which redirected me to file claim online. The claim assessor also mentioned that "this is a final determination". That means I was never given any opportunity to submit any other details or explain exactly what happened.

We sit on all other chairs and parts of sofa all the times and this has never happened. While only this scenario has caused the resulting damage, this incident should not be considered under normal use. Another thing I noticed. At the bottom of the claim assessment email It's not clear whether to respond to this email or not as it says: "Responses to this email are not received. Reply to this email to respond." I emailed to customer care but never heard back. Very unprofessional and upsetting.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I purchased a 5 year policy on two chairs I purchased. I called them because the one chair started to make a noise when you reclined it. They said I had to file a claim so I did. It was denied because I could not tell them the exact day I heard the chair make the noise. Talked to a supervisor. She said made no difference. The claim is denied. What a bunch of rip off artist.

Original review: April 3, 2020

390.00 for my leather furniture protection plan. I filed a claim for an "unknown" stain. I find out that unknown stains are not covered. Plus they are rude. I am getting my unused portion back in a refund.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had a protection plan with Guardian. I sent a picture of the scratches that were covered under the policy and they denied my claim and refused to pay or replace a new table. They are scamming customers. The Contract definitely covers scratches and they said the picture was a fade not a scratch. Never ever sent a representative to check out the scratches. The table set I purchased from Bob's Furniture. I am definitely going to sue the company in small claims court if this matter isn't rectified.

Original review: March 18, 2020

They are masters of weaseling out of any claim. The warranty terms or extremely narrow and they take advantage of this phrase your claim in a way that ensures you will not be covered. This is as close to SCAM as it gets for a warranty program. Steer clear. If you purchase furniture and have them as an option for warranty -- I warn you -- DO NOT PURCHASE. You may as well burn your money.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I submitted a claim on 3/3/2020 after my grandson accidently spilled food on my La Z Boy Duo sofa the day before. They required that I send a photo, then claimed that the photo does not show a stain. Instead of asking for more photos they denied my claim. Do they really think I took all the time to complete their online claim if there is no stain on my sofa? I am very disappointed in their lack of providing service based on a photo sent over the internet. I expected much better service when I spent the money to purchase this plan.

Original review: March 3, 2020

They are a fraud. They take your money for the 5 year warranty and deny your claim. They will not work with you and put it all back on you. Their website would not let you file a claim unless you used the year 2019. So I did and they denied my claim and said I should have made a note in the description of damage section. They sent out an email 2 days later saying that their claims site was not working properly and to redo the claim. BUT they won't actually redo a denied claim or help you or work with you. Not my fault their site failed. I have tried calling, emailing, been on hold for over an hour just to be told, "Sorry claim was denied. We can't help you." We paid a lot of money for the 5 year warranty for nothing. They should hold up their end of cover everything and replace our damaged sectional piece. BUT nope. Don't spend your money on the warranty.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I purchased a protection plan with Guardian. I sent a picture of the scratches that were covered under the policy and they denied my claim and refused to pay or replace a new table. They are scamming customers. The Contract definitely covers scratches and they said the picture was a fade not a scratch. Never ever sent a representative to check out the scratches. The table set was $682.91 with the $69.99 goof proof plan. I purchased from Bob's Furniture. I am definitely going to sue the company in small claims court if this matter isn't rectified.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

The $500 policy we purchased was sold as "they will take care of everything". Not true. Do not let your sales person talk you into this bogus coverage. It is a lengthy process to submit the claim. I guess the more trouble they put you through the less likely you are to follow through. Claims numbers don't work online, phone calls on hold forever, you need receipts, pictures, explanations only for them to come back with a "not covered due to a time lapse during the damage and the claim. VERY disappointed and will let everyone know NOT to waste money on coverage from this company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Do not buy the so-called protection plans from this company! When we purchased this stain protection plan, the salesman told us how great it was - that if you have any stains, doesn't matter what - marker, food, etc etc - just call them up and they will remove them or replace the furniture if they can't get the stains out. It sounded like a great deal. We walked out with the Guardian flyer and a certificate saying we were covered.

We have several young kids, so lo and behold, a couple years after purchasing, we ended up with several stains over a short period of time. When we filed the claim, my wife explained the different stains and approximately when each one happened. They were friendly enough and said they would email the claim number and to reply with the pictures. We got the email, and replied with pictures. They say they will reply in 2-3 days, but we did not get a response. We were getting close to the date where they say the claim will be permanently closed, so my wife had to call them to process our claim.

Well, they processed our claim quick enough then. Processed it quick and said that our claim was rejected. Rejected because there were multiple stains. Apparently they will only cover a stain from a SINGLE incident. First of all, this was NEVER mentioned by the salesman. Second, we NEVER received any of the plan's exclusions and fine print that allows them to reject just about anything. (I guess we were a bit naive and a little too trusting.) This was also NEVER brought up when my wife was discussing the stains with them on the phone. What difference does it make if the stains occur soon together? The protection plan is supposed to be, and was pushed to us as, covering any and all stains in the 5 year period. Apparently as long as you only file a claim for one stain at a time. Otherwise they will reject your whole claim. WHAT A JOKE!

Moreover, they stated that we must get our sectional professionally cleaned and provide the documentation, or all further claims that we have will not be covered. Are you kidding me??! We purchased this plan for that reason. Guardian was supposed to be our professional cleaner. A word of advice, instead of buying this plan, just save your money and use it to hire a professional cleaner later. You will likely have to anyways after Guardian rejects your legitimate claims.

Our salesman also told us that if we didn't use the plan, we would get the money back in store credit to apply to a purchase over a certain dollar amount. It seemed like a win-win when we bought it. Now I'm seriously wondering if we will get screwed out of that too since we "filed a claim". This company is nothing more than a scam operation operating under the guise of a legitimate-sounding company name.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

We bought a leather power control recliner from La-Z-Boy, not our first purchase from them and we have been satisfied with quality of furniture from them, we were apprehensive about a power chair however were reassured by salesperson that warranty was great and she had never heard of any issues with this particular chair. 9 months later the control is not working. We filed a claim Jan 13, 2020, submitted all the documentation and it has taken in excess of a month to get a technician out to repair. I can’t provide feedback on service yet as it scheduled for 2/18. Consumers beware. Should any customer have to wait in excess of a month for service??

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I recently filed a claim for a sectional piece that I damaged while moving from one room through to another. Obviously it was an accident as the sectional piece was the armless insert and in perfect condition with the exception of two small rips on the lower back where it got caught on the door hinges and ripped. The claim was denied because the piece was in transit. I did state on the phone interview that we are moving and that’s why I was moving the piece from one room to the next. Should I have lied? I don’t understand.

The sectional piece is still sitting in the room where it was originally delivered. So technically no transit occurred. I just wish now I wouldn’t have wasted the money on an accidental insurance coverage policy. I’m not sure how much more of an accident it could’ve been. I really just want the piece how it originally was and up until the moment of the accident it was completely fine. I guess be careful with how you describe incidents with the claims agent. To me it seems that an honest accident was turned into a way to deny coverage.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Worst company I ever dealt with. I wish I could give them 0 star. Denied claim because it was over 30 days past its processing time. They denied all further coverage on the sofa until I show them a receipt from a professional that the sofa was cleaned??!! You don't deny further coverage because your claim expired. We provided pictures, itemized list of the damages/stains, receipt of the purchase, etc to the email they provided and all email associated with the company that we could find, and not one person received it? Hard to believe. So in other words they con people into their services and find a way out of it. I hope they go out of business so they stop stealing from people!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I have now submitted two separate claims for separate situations and have been denied twice! First the couch cushion ripped and I was outside of manufacturer warranty by one month. I was denied replacement because rips by the seams are manufacturer error. Understood, I was a bit put off by this seeing as though Goof Proof was presented as a plan to cover almost any and all occurrences.

A month later I go sit on the couch and the wooden frame cracked, the whole seat began to sink. I am now certain this must be covered. I am still obviously outside warranty but I have only had the couch 1 year and 3 months. That is not long enough for a couch to fall apart! I Submit claim exactly as it occurred and once again I was denied because it broke during normal use, not accidentally! I can understand that they cannot cover any and all things but I consider it an accident that my 1 year old couch just fell apart. We were not abusive to it at all and I purchased extra insurance to cover “almost anything”. What I have come to realize is that I purchased a couch and donated money to this insurance company as well. Bob’s should not offer this as an option the way they do, as though it will take care of you for the first five years should you have any issues!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Spent $10,000 on furniture and you won't cover minor damage!! I can't wait to leave reviews everywhere about what an absolute joke this company is. WHAT A RIP OFF!!! Rep said that because I didn't explain how the damage occurred that they won't cover it. I spent $1,500 on additional warranties for all the furniture and they refuse to fix a broken sofa chaise. These people are con artists. They sell the product like it’s the greatest thing in the world when you are in the store. Act like you can’t live without it. Then when you go to use it they refer to fine print on the back of some brochure and of course don’t honor their product.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

So I bought a sofa from Bob's furniture, the sofa is less than one year old. I sat on my sofa normally and the back frame broke. I submitted a claim and they said it's not considered an accident. So it's not covered. So then it must be a manufacturing defect. When I purchased the plan they specifically said everything is covered. I quote "I can even stab it myself and it will be covered". They said sitting down is it's normal purpose so that's not covered. So was I supposed to say I decided to suplex someone on it. So that's it covered. I exercise extreme caution when purchasing these scam plans.

WILLIAM ORTEGA,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that this has caused.

Sitting on the furniture cannot be classified as an accident as "sitting" is an intentional verb. Furthermore, sitting down on the sofa is the intended use of the sofa and this Plan does not provide coverage for damages that occur during normal use. An accident would be an unintentional action. For example, if someone fell onto an item, that would be classified as an accident due to "falling" being the unintended action. We certainly understand your frustration and how this can be confusion. However, Guardian will not be providing coverage for this damage. Please contact Bobs Customer Care, at 1-800-569-1284, to file this claim under the manufacturer's warranty.

Sincerely,

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

First, we’ve purchased all of our furniture from Bob’s. Two couches, two love seats, two recliners and a dining room table w/ six chairs. We were so happy to hear that they offered ‘Goof Proof’ protection plans for everything because at the time we had four young children. Fast forward two years and the ‘leather’ couch started to peel, literally when you sit down it was coming off on your clothes. I assumed it was an accident from one of the kids caused something strong like nail polish remover because what else can make leather peel.... I called and told them exactly that. DENIED... Why you ask because it wasn’t a specific ‘accidental’ incident. But I told them it was an accident with nail polish remover, is that not an incident. I was told to go buy another couch. Yes, that’s what they said when I called about them denying my claim.

I do not have the time or energy to go back and forth with a company like this. I work full time and have four growing children. I do not have extra money to just go buy another couch when the couch I bought only a few years ago WITH a ‘goof proof’ protection plan should be replaced. GOOF PROOF PLAN STATES:

c) Fabric Advantage – Accidental rips, cuts, punctures or burns from a single relatable occurrence.

a) Leather Standard – Accidental stains caused by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans; mold and mildew stains caused by food or beverage spills; stains caused by human or pet bodily fluids; grass, grease, ballpoint pen ink, iodine, nail polish, cosmetics, lipstick, crayon, and shoe polish. Rips, cuts, punctures or burns from a single relatable occurrence.

Accidental Rips, Cuts, & Burns, and Motor Breakage:

• Rips, cuts, and punctures (unintentional damages from items such as pens, scissors, and knives).

Fast forward another year.... the recliner arm breaks and is literally hanging off. I called and explained that is was fine the night before and I sat in it in the morning and now it’s broken. Maybe it was the way I landed when I sat down and I broke it. DENIED. Because me sitting down is not a specific incident.

GOOF PROOF PLAN STATES:
• Breakage of frames, springs, sleeper, reclining, inclining, heating & vibrating mechanisms after the manufacturer warranty has expired**

** Covered after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. Coverage for motors is limited to a single incident

I’m so disappointed in the false advertisement by the Guardian. Clearly greed and lies drive this company. They take your money. That’s it. Bobs Discount furniture, I am just as disappointed in your business dealing because you allow this. You allow them to take your customers money and ‘don’t know what to do’ when a customer calls for guidance when the above happened.

TO BOB’S & THE GUARDIAN:

A warranty is a contract. When the company refuses honor the terms of a warranty, this is called breach of contract. This is against the law.

Caitlin Binck,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry for the frustration that this has caused you.

We have located your accounts and have reviewed all claims that have been filed with Guardian. Unfortunately, the damages that you have reported were not covered by your Goof Proof Protection Plan as the damages were either not related to an accidental occurrence or because the damages were specifically excluded from the Plan's coverage.

The Protection Plan that you have purchased for your furniture items provides coverage for a variety of stains or damages that are a result of a customer caused accident.

Regarding the frame damage to the armrest of your recliner,

You originally reported this damage on 5/1/2017 and reported that you were not sure of what caused this damage. This claim was denied coverage because the damage was not related to an accidental occurrence as this Plan requires.

Regarding the leather cracking and peeling on the recliner,

You reported this damage to Guardian on 5/19/2018 and reported that you were not sure of the cause of damage. However, this claim was denied coverage due to leather cracking and peeling being a specific exclusion to coverage, listed in the terms of your Plan. Unfortunately, this type of damage would not be covered regardless of how the damage occurred.

On 2/07/2019, you contacted Guardian and reported frame breakage to the same armrest of the recliner, that you originally reported in 2017, but this time reported that your child jumped off the armrest causing the frame damage. A child jumping on the furniture or off the furniture is classified as misuse of the furniture, as the furniture is not intended to be jumped on or off of. This damage was denied coverage due to the damage not being from an accident but being from misuse. This Plan specifically excludes damages necessitated by misuse or abuse of the furniture. You then contacted us back on 11/19/2019 reporting the same frame damage to the recliner, that you had reported twice before. During this call, you reported that you did not no the cause of the damage.

While we certainly understand that these damages may not have been caused intentionally, the Plan specifically requires that an accident be related to damage in order for the claim to be deemed eligible. Because there were not accidents involved/reported to have caused the frame damage to the recliner, we would not offer coverage for that type of damage.

If you would like a copy of your Protection Plan, and for us to highlight the specific provisions and exclusions to coverage that support the denied claims, we will be happy to email you a copy.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that this has caused, but Guardian will not be providing coverage for these damages.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

In 2015, I purchased an Ashley reclining furniture set online. The set included a reclining sofa, reclining love seat, and rocker recliner. In addition to this purchase, I added on the additional protection plan to cover the furniture for 5 years from accidental breakage and damage. In 2019 I needed to use the protection plan for two issues that arose. Firstly, the back of the rocker recliner had broken away from the main frame and was loose. Secondly, the stitching for the zipper underneath the back rest cushion of the love seat ripped away, exposing the stuffing material of the love seat.

I pulled out my protection plan warranty through Guardian and read through the fine print. In a nutshell, the protection plan offers different levels of coverage which were included. Regarding the recliner, the protection plan included a "Wood Standard" coverage. The coverage terms for this state: "Stains caused by food or beverage normally consumed by humans; mold and mildew stains caused by food or beverage spills; BREAKAGE OF WOOD FRAME OR STRUCTURE or other hard surface from single incident; gouge, heat mark or liquid ring from single incident; accidental breakage of glass or mirror components (with exception of crowned or curved glass)." So clearly my single incident of the back breaking away should be covered under these terms.

The love seat back was covered under the "Fabric Advantage". This coverage stated "Rips, cuts, punctures or burns from a single relatable occurrence." Clearly showing that a rip is covered. When I made the online claim, which was very lengthy to do, I was notified about a week later that both claims were denied. They stated that they do not meet the policy coverage. I immediately called Guardian for further information and to discuss this.

I spoke with a representative about the claims and she stated that for the recliner chair, frame damage is excluded under the warranty coverage. I asked her to state were it says this and she pulled up the policy and said under the exclusions it say "Damage caused during, or as a result of delivery, handing, set up, or assembly...." makes this ineligible. I stated to her that this damage was from none of the scenarios stated in the exclusions and exactly as specified in the "Wood Standard Coverage" policy. She continued to argue with me about other areas that then make it excluded which did not even make sense. Stating that because it was a "plastic or metal part, such as a hinge and drawer slide" made it excluded. I again explained that it is not a drawer slide, hinge, or plastic or metal part. But they were not having it.

In regards to the love seat rip, she said that because it was a seam stitch that ripped away, it is ineligible. We went around and round with this too. Finally she said I can email the dispute department to try and resolve this. She gave me the address and then we disconnected. Within one minute of disconnecting, I received a call back and they stated they would send a technician to repair the chair, but not the seam rip. They did not state why they suddenly changed their mind, but most likely because I read every single word in the fine print of the policy and had them tied. I decided to just take what was offered and forego arguing the seam rip at this time.

Fast forward and a repair tech that is sub-contracted by these warranty companies came out and repaired the chair. While he was here he could not believe that either claim was denied. Especially the rip in the love seat! He stated that we should never buy the additional protection warranties for furniture. He said the representatives are trained to automatically deny everything. They do this in hopes the customers just go away, after they already have your money from buying the warranty. He said he sees it all the time. Luckily the tech was a great person and showed up how to remove the love seat back to make the repair ourselves. We did make the seam repair ourselves and put it back together.

Long story short, DO NOT buy a protection plan from Guardian if you value any of your time and money. Because you will waste both with them. I keep a very clean and orderly house, and this furniture was not abused at all! I submitted honest claims and was treated very poorly and tried to be taken advantage of. Please do your homework and steer very clear of this company!!

Aaron Eckert,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint are very sorry for the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused.

We have reviewed your claim in its entirety and agree that the frame damage to the recliner is covered by your Protection Plan and should have never been denied coverage. For this, we cannot apologize enough as we certainly understand how this may look. We assure you that we do stand behind our Plans and provide coverage for exactly what the Plan states. It does appear that after the agent reviewed your Protection Plan coverage's further, it was determined that this damage was covered by your Plan, which is why the ineligible status was corrected and approved for coverage. Again, we cannot apologize enough for the frustration that this has caused you.

Regarding the seam separation,

While the Protection Plan does provide coverage for accidental rips, cuts, and punctures, this Plan specifically excludes seam separation or seam slippage. Unfortunately, it does not matter whether the damage was caused by an accident or normal use, seam separation would not be covered under any circumstance. We have emailed you, through your Guardian account, including a copy of your Protection Plan and have highlighted the specific exclusion to coverage supporting the denial of the seam separation.

We are truly sorry for the frustration, confusion and inconvenience that this has caused you but we do thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I'm incredibly frustrated with Guardian. They do not follow their own guidelines. I bought a 3 piece sectional for quite a bit of money and bought the guardian warranty in case anything happened to it. On the day before Christmas, my 3 year old daughter got a hold of scissors from our present wrapping and went to town on our living room. Chairs, rocking chair, bassinet and the fronts of our entire sectional were covered in small cuts afterwards. When I called Winner Furniture to file a claim, I was directed to the Guardian website. I immediately received a response of denied because they said 7 cuts could not possibly have occurred at one time. I argued with multiple guardian representatives and they all refused to help.

Guardian's policy specifically says CUTS with an S. Which means more than one puncture, cut, tear, burn etc during a relatable incident. Even though I explained this happened in one "Relatable" incident, they all refused to cover help. Either Guardian is threatening their employees who might be inclined to help or they are simply lying outright to customers who pay thousands of dollars for false assurance. I am wondering if Guardian is doing this to enough people that it might be worth talking to a large legal firm about forming a class action lawsuit. Avoid Guardian if at all possible!

Andrew Rodgers,

We have reviewed your claim in its entirety and stand behind the denial of your claim. The Protection Plan that you have purchased does provide coverage for accidental rips, cuts, burns or punctures related to a single occurrence. However, the extent of the damages you have reported cannot be classified as a single accidental occurrence. You have reported multiple cuts from your 3 year old child throughout your entire sectional. The pictures that you have provided do not show minor cuts but show cuts that would have taken extensive effort to cause. The child would have had to go from one piece to another causing these cuts for this extent of damage to have happened. Unfortunately, this is not from a single incident but is from multiple incidents within that day/evening. We are very sorry for the frustration that this has caused, but the extent of the damages shown in the pictures that you provided are not covered by this Protection Plan.

Sincerely,

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2020

Firstly I will love to thank Consumer Affairs for being out here for customer. I was just googling thing up and stumble on their this. My voice was heard and my claim has been resolved. I got a call from Amber from Guardian Product and she did gave me the ear I wanted. The problem might not be the company but the people selling the company product and their first response team to claims. I'm giving four star because of the stress I had to go through. Thank you consumer affairs.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I'm disappointed with this people. I bought a sectional, carpet, cupboard, 6 chairs dinning table from Bob's Furnitures. I was told by Bob's associate the insurance covers stain, or damages and can be clean, repaired or replaced after five years. I was never told about an incidence nor given the definition of their incidence. I bought this insurance for all my items almost a thousand dollars.

Last week my daughter made some three cuts on the sectional and I called Bob's furniture then they directed me to Guardian. I was never even told it's a third party type of business. I need my refund or my item replaced or I will stay here giving my testimony to others this is bad business and poor communication just to get people money. You can't tell me you cover damages then I report my damage you tell me it's more than one incidence. This cuts were made same day, same time, is that not an incident. You policy says CUTS with an S. That's a plural which means multiple punctures, burns. All those are plurals. You people are playing with people money. It took me lot of hours to get this together.

Maxwel Angye,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry to hear of the frustration you have encountered with your claim.

Upon further review of your claim, Guardian has determined that the rips on your sectional are covered by your Protection Plan. Please note that we will begin reviewing options to resolve your claim. You will receive an email, from your Account Specialist, within 5 business days regarding the resolution options to your claim.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have a Guardian Protection for my couch which has a armless power chair that is no longer working - the protection is in place since I bought the couch back in 2016. The story starts from 2017 when I opened a claim with Guardian for the chair, which stopped working. At the time Guardian told me this chair is under mfg warranty, and rightfully so; I contacted the seller (Huffman Koos) and they took care of it. They did not leave me any invoice though nor something explaining how the chair was fixed.

Now back to present, I have the same issue starting to happen with the armless chair late last year. I opened a claim with Guardian. First they told me this is the problem from back in 2017 and we do not fix old issues; When I told them the original issue was fixed from 2017, They asked me for the proof. since I did not have any proof, I contacted Huffman Koos which indicated that old company that took care of my couch last time is no longer in business; instead Huffman Koos sent their notes indicating my issue was taken care of and the couch was fixed. NOW Guardian states that they need to know exactly what was fixed and without that they do not fix anything. I told them last time they verbally told me it was the switch but they wants something in writing from the other company which no longer exists. Basically they declined my Claim for NOTHING.

Azadeh S,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your claim.

Upon further review of your claim, Guardian has decided that we will be addressing the damaged item.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Horrible. I bought something with Jeromes and when I file a claim it did not cover. So I decided to purchase with Bob's furniture discount. For my surprise they have the same company Goof and when I file a claim it did not cover. I don't know what they mean with single accident and accidental damage. Also the lady from corporate mention that it didn't not cover multiple kids. When I got the protection I mention that I had 4 KIDS that was why I was getting the protection, it is impossible to speak to Bob's. All they do is say sorry, PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING!!! FROM EITHER COMPANY. THEY DONT VALUE AS A CUSTOMER.

MARINA TURNER,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry for the confusion and frustration that this has caused.

The Protection Plan that you purchased through Bobs Customer Care does provides coverage for all accidental stains. However, the Protection Plan specifically states that coverage is for accidental stains or damages from a single incident. You reported having stains on all seat cushions of your sofa, loveseat and ottoman, that were possibly from dirt caused by your kids. Unfortunately, the Plan specifically excludes general soiling stains or stains that cannot be attributed to a single incident. Having stains on all seat cushions of all three pieces of furniture cannot be attributed to a single incident. Due to the stains not being related to a single incident, as your Plan requires, we are unable to offer coverage for this claim.

We are truly sorry for the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information