Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (34 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: March 29, 2022

I purchased the "Goof Proof" policy and filed a claim well within the 5 year coverage. I was denied because the damage was "Not caused by an accident" and occurred during normal intended use of the product. They even said, "although we realize you did not intentionally cause the damage, the claim is denied because it was not accidental and was caused during normal intended use of the product". I put my foot on the foot rest and it literally fell apart. By the way, the sales person at the store said this coverage literally covers anything and all things that could go wrong with the furniture... WOW!

Original review: March 24, 2022

So, I tried to start a claim back in December. On my dining chair made of cloth fabricate. I was told that MEGA FURNITURE whom I purchase the dining set from. That my added extended warranty with Guardian Protection Products would handle this. I called their main number to talk to someone in the claims department to help me out. But, all I would get is an automated message that said due to COVID that my wait time to talk to a CSR would be extended. And after a half hour of waiting. I went online to Guardian and went online to start the process. Well because I didn't have my protection plan ID number. The system requires this to process the order.

So I had to call MEGA FURNITURE where I purchase the set from for the warranty ID number. They told me to send them my purchase order with the extended warranty on it. But, again I couldn't get a hold of anyone via phone or online. So, I had to resort to going on Guardian online live chat. Finally I was able to communicate with a CSR. He sent me a link to forward the documents to. Now I sent all information on 03/08/2022. And today I get a response to my claim that it is denied due to the time period of when the claim was put in and the issue with the chair. Exceed the 30 day of reporting and getting the claim process. Trust me when I say that you want to stay clear away from this JOKE of a warranty company. The blame is also on MEGA FURNITURE who sold such an inferior warranty on top of that.

Original review: March 16, 2022

This company is a joke and their underwriting department is making up things as they go. I had bought their best, most expensive protection plan for a sectional sofa. As clearly mentioned in their policy that it will cover stains from bodily fluid, they still denied the claim for stain caused by sweating. They also denied another claim that there was another stain because of the crayon. Getting in touch with their customer service is another challenge. This company should be out of business, these scammers should be in jail for lying.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Simply put, they're a bunch of criminals who are stealing money from consumers. The warranty is sold as if they cover everything. Even something as obvious as poor stitching that rips FROM THE SEAMS isn't covered. Don't waste your time or money on any of their products. If you see the word "Guardian", just know that they WILL NOT pay your claim, period.

Original review: March 8, 2022

This company is a complete scam and utter garbage. They market their warranty on furniture as if it is so easy to file a claim and receive coverage. Filing a claim may be easy but approval for your claim never happens with this company. Even if you are within their guidelines of a covered event or incident they will still deny your claim. It is a constant battle with them to have them cover your claim. Wish you the best of luck and be forewarned. Someone needs to fire Bryan Cipoletti (CEO) of this garbage of a company.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Do not purchase Guardian Protection insurance! I was on hold for longer than an hour trying to get a hold of a customer rep because their website would not recognize any of my info. Finally spoke to someone and I provided everything that I was asked for which in my case was pictures where my pet urinated on the couch, something that is clearly covered in the policy, and was emailed back that it was not covered and that I was welcome to have it taken care of at my expense! Really!!?? The ottoman also broke and I was able to fix that by myself since I saw they were not going to honor that either. Not sure why they’ve been in business since the 70’s. Prime example of scammers!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Worst experience ever. They really fast to take your money but take months to answer about your claims and then have the nerves to deny your claim and the broken frame is under the coverage. The sofa broke 2 months after I purchase. Scamming people big time.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We purchased a leather sectional from a high end furniture store and purchased the Guardian Protection Products warranty. Yes, we read it thoroughly and felt the company would honor their warranty, if needed. WRONG! The chaise on our sectional became worn, torn and very discolored. The rest of the sectional was fine so it wasn't due to abuse of the furniture. We submitted a claim and was told it didn't meet their criteria. And, their decision is final and you have no recourse and they will not reevaluate. This is **! Warning - DO NOT purchase this plan and, if the store asks you if you would like the Guardian Plan, tell them you do not and explain why. They do not stand by their warranty and the customer reviews are awful. Expensive lesson learned.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Can not get into my account and they just keep telling me to sign in and I have and I can’t get no one to help me. Will never buy this plan again. It’s like no one wants to help. They give me the run around.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The reclining feature of my sectional stopped working and Guardian denied the claim. In reading the plan details they sent, they basically don't cover anything. Save your money and skip the scam of a protection policy this is.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Scammers and cheaters. They will do everything and anything to not cover/fix your furniture. Worst customer service. Phone calls lasting an hour and a half that solve nothing. They deny claims left and right. And good luck reaching out to them. Do not buy it. Sounds like it’s a good deal but it is not. Do NOT, under any circumstances, buy this warranty! Your time and sanity are worth more, believe me.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This is a horrible protection plan and not worth the cost or time spent submitting a claim. I would have been better saving the money and making the repairs on my own. The warranty covers scratches. I made sure to read the warranty carefully. My claim for damages was denied because they said I moved the furniture to another location or a storage and they do not cover scratches. My claim stated that I was moving the furniture within my home. When I called and asked about the denial, they said whether it was moved inside my home or not, it would have been denied because they do not cover scratches. They should honor their warranty.

In the past four years, I only made one claim when one of the recliners would not recline. That was about 2 or 3 years ago. It's not like I'm trying to rip them off with ridiculous claims. Like I said, a total waste of money, time, and effort. I'm just happy that I purchased a good product and did not need many repairs because it does not seem like Guardian would honor them. I've had better experience and more success with protection plans purchased when buying Wal-Mart products. I would have given zero stars, but I had to pick at least one to move on in the process.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Purchased a top of the line Serta Mattress from Wolf Furniture Store with extended warranty from Guardian Insurance. After 7 years the pillow top on the mattress started to waffle and separate from the mattress. We were relieved when we pulled our paperwork and had paid for the warranty for 10 years. This meant we were within the timeline of our warranty coverage. We contacted in November of 2021 Guardian and were emailed a claim submission number and claim form to fill out. Sent in the claim form and it was denied indicating that it hadn't reached their facility within the claims submission deadline. They indicated that we were to file again with a new claim registration number for it to be reconsidered which was done within a week of the initial denial in December of 2021.

This second claim was also denied stating that per "section 2" of the outlined warranty we paid for that the problem with our mattress was not covered. I then called the Guardian number given on the denial email and waited 21 minutes and 11 seconds for the representative to take my call. On answering my call the man pulled up our claim and said that we should have received a email denying our claim. Explaining we had and that's why we were calling. He began reading what had been said in the email. We explained we wanted more clarification as to why an obvious defect would not be covered under a warranty we paid for. He replied "because it isn't" to which our response was "So we basically paid for nothing, which makes this warranty a scam."

We then told the representative we intended to file a complaint with The US Dept of Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau and before I could say anything else he abruptly hung up on me. I fully intend to carry out my treat against this company who willfully and knowingly have no intention of honoring the warranties that consumers have paid for to protect their purchases only to be denied and lied to. It's a blatant scam upheld by these unscrupulous furniture companies.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My experience with Guardian has been the absolute worst! I’ve have a claim open since February of 2021 and it closed November 24th 2021! It took forever to get assistance with my needs. I kept constantly getting the runaround!!! They repaired my right arm facing recliner incorrectly and won’t do anything about but tell me it’s not under warranty!!! Of course it’s not!!! They didn’t sew the seam back correctly nor does the cushion feel like the manufacturer original! I’m very displeased with the level of service and the time I took and still no resolve! I’m not stuck with a chair that’s isn’t comfortable to the rest of the couch! I asked for repair or replacement of the right arm facing and Guardian tells me there nothing they can do when it was their fault!!! How is that possible!!!? They suck. Don’t purchase the extra warranty because you will get screwed!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Declined claim. Stated that accidental damage and not normal use of the equipment is covered. Nowhere on the contract does it state that normal use is not covered. Scam. Don’t buy. They come up with ways not to pay out claims. Scam scam scam. Make up stuff.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I contacted Guardian protection plan regarding a Dining room set I purchased with Accidental protection. My 10 year old son sat on the chair, back part of chair cracked on both sides and is broken. They said it's not covered under what they consider an accident. On their fine print it does cover it. But now they are saying case is closed and they can't rectify the problem now. This does not make any sense. I will Never Purchase any plans from them again.

Ticket # **
Retailer Name: Bob's Discount Furniture

Item: Counter Stool

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Guardian Protection Products, Inc. is a total cheat, scam, and deceiving business. I have an existing products policy for the company and struggle to process my claim for ten months. My policy number is **. The policy is a sofa set. I filed a claim with GPP for my covered products in February 2021; after multiple calls and numerous emails, I was able to have one of Guardian’s technicians visit my house after three months. He found the covered items eligible for the claim but apparently didn’t file a complete report. The Technician in my house promised me that he would report every issue in its entirety; however, he lied to me, and after he only reported partial item damages, not everything. After months of discussion, Guardian partially approved my claim and told me they would send a check to the store from which I had purchased the items.

Guardian in over 15 emails confirmed that a check had already been sent to the furniture store, but every time I checked with the furniture store, they told me a check had not been received. After multiple attempts and dozens of emails, I was able to connect with a Supervisor at Guardian; her name was Maria, and her ID was # 204. I explained the whole story to Maria, and she sincerely apologized on behalf of Guardian and confirmed to me that the Guardian employees had lied to me and that a check had not been sent to the furniture store. She told me that she would send the within one week; she even sent me an email and in the email confirmed that a check was not sent and that she would send it. Maria promised that by October 8th, the check would be 100% sent to the furniture store.

Since talking to Maria on September 28th, until today, November 27th, I have been regularly calling the furniture store, and they tell me that they have not received a check for me from Guardian. Maria also apologized on behalf of the Technician who had not reported the whole issue and asked me to open a new claim in her conversation. I immediately opened a new claim, but since then, I have sent over ten emails and reminders to Maria and the rest of the GPP staff and claims team, but none of them responded to my queries or calls. I have email proofs from Guardian confirming their lies and the fact that this business is basically stealing people’s money but doesn’t offer any services back. I will be happy to provide copies of email communications from Guardian and people not to be cheated by this deceiving business.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Omg, this is the worst warranty company of all times. Just awful and very unprofessional. I filed a claim in August, received the part in October and it is now November and I am still waiting for someone to come and install the part. And to make matters worst, they didn't send all of the parts required. I would say if you are considering choosing this company, DO NOT!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Salesman said everything covered except pet tears and scratches. Covers delamination, chipping etc. Our coffee table is delaminating on top and a crack has started where laminate is put together. Also stitches coming out on loveseat. Because these two things weren't "accidental" and I couldn't explain why it happened (other than Ashley Furniture quality issue) they denied the claim!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have filed 2 claims with Guardian after purchasing a protection plan on my sofa. The first was denied because they claimed that it was damaged during delivery which was false. They never followed up on the second claim. Do not waste your money. If there is ever a class action lawsuit... sign me up!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Rooms to Go sold me this insurance for my furniture in case an "accident" happens, which it did. I accidentally tore my furniture while moving some bookshelves. And like all the other reviews said - they will deny it. They will ask you for additional information and then DENY your claim. Don't buy this insurance, don't waste your money!! Shame on you Rooms to Go for selling this crappy insurance.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We purchased a dining room set from Ashley's Furniture in Albertville, MN and was sold this protection plan for about $375. As all the other reviews claim, this is a total scam and they also declined covering our damages. It's surprising that reputable retailers are selling this totally bogus product. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS INSURANCE PLAN!!! COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Purchased Denali Power Reclining Leather Sofa. Documented damage with words & video. It took them about two weeks to decide this mechanical problem was not covered. From what I can see, this is the case with all Guardian warranties. I hope others learn from all these reviews and never purchase Guardian coverage; fortunately, we paid nothing for it --- and that's exactly what it is worth.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Will never cover your damage - STAY AWAY. These people will never cover their warranty. They look for every excuse in the book to not help. I had a valid claim but had waited more than 30 days because silly me did not want anyone to come to my house in the middle of a pandemic and they used this as an excuse to not cover the damage. I contacted BBB and opened a claim. They said they would contact me to settle it and never did. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 20, 2021

First, Rooms to Go sells you this insurance as the best way to protect your furniture. Do not buy it!! Once you have a problem and need to make a claim, the nightmare with Guardian Protection begins. They have horrible customer service, impossible to talk to them. When you can finally make your claim, you will have to wait more than 3 weeks for someone to be assigned to your case. And the result will never cover anything because they will say you didn't mention it was accidental, even if your claim appears on your insurance coverage as it was my case. Don't buy this service, don't waste your money!!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I reluctantly purchased 5year coverage when I purchased some theater seats at Jerome's. The salesman clearly told me they cover anything that happens, rips, tears, etc. A week after they delivered the furniture, an item broke. Jeromes came out and fixed it becuase it was under warranty. They said if it happens again to call Guardian and they will cover it. Sure enough, it happened again. When I called, of course they denied the claim!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM GUARDIAN!! TOTAL RIP OFF!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I bought a couch from Ashley Furniture back in December 2018; and also bought a 5 year Guardian Protection plan. The leather is peeling off the arm, so I contacted Guardian and they are saying that is an exclusion from my plan, so they won't pay. The $269.99 I paid for the plan is money down the drain. These plans are a rip off or a scam.

Original review: June 8, 2021

This is a joke of a company who just takes your money but doesn't wanna honor their contract to fix anything by claiming your accident "isn't covered under our warranty". I honestly don't know what is covered. Companies should not be offering this joke of a protection plan and their customer service is terrible. Save your money because none of your stuff will actually be protected.

Original review: May 22, 2021

If I could give this company 0 stars I would! This company simply receives all of its money from scamming paying customers. I put in a claim for my bed for "accidental damages" and they claimed that my "accident" wasn't considered an accident. The MANAGER gave me an example (after I asked what type of accident would warrant an approval) and she said "If I'm walking and trip over my cat and fall on the bed and it breaks, that's the type of accidental damage we cover." HOW BOGUS and made up is that! I explained to them that the wooden pieces (which is what they cover) broke which caused the entire bed to break, therefore allowing the screws to come out and they came with yet ANOTHER excuse as to why they "don't cover" stating that the pictures I provided weren't what they needed.

The representative was rude and the "manager" had the worst excuses and quite honestly there is no way for me to break a bed just by tripping over an animal and falling on it. All claims will be denied so don't waste your time and money purchasing this. JUST HOPE THAT YOUR PRODUCT HOLDS UP FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!! DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS "COMPANY."

Original review: May 21, 2021

Everyone needs to know not to waste their money on any products or “protection” plans with this company. Had an accidental tear and they claimed too close to the seam and won’t cover. DON’T waste your money here. They will only take it, laugh and deny any claim for whatever reason they can cook up. Rooms to Go should be ashamed for even being in bed with such a trash company.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information