2. Homeowners
Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (35 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: March 11, 2021

We're bought furniture at Bob's Discount Furniture and our salesman sold us their "Goof Proof Kit" which is by Guardian Protection Products. We questioned the salesman a lot, asking what about this, what about that? To every question he said, Yep, it's covered, anything is covered for 5 years. It's goof proof. Now almost 3 years later, we turned in some claims and every one of them was denied, saying "...the stains/damages below are not coverages of your plan." I called Bob's and complained to them about this. After a couple of calls, their final answer, "There's nothing we can do about it." BEWARE!! Guardian Protection Products, Inc. is a TOTAL RIPOFF!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

This plan is scam. I had rips in my sofa that I bought in 2018. I’ve called multiple times and they kept putting me on hold and then rejected my claim saying that it had to be accidental tears and the poor quality of furniture is not their responsibility. No matter how many proofs you provide they will find some way not to pay your claim. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. They are fraud people.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We bought a couch and like fools we paid the $100 for the warranty for it through Guardian. We needed to use the warranty and it look 2-3 months to even get it accepted. It took an additional 1.5 months for them to fully accept and give us replacement options. Multiple times they told us they were going to cover the cost in full to get a brand new replacement for us. When it came down to it they gave us less than half of what the couch costs to buy. They are not budging on the offer. I am tired of dealing with them so we accepted it so we can try and move on. They told us we could either get a check sent to us or they could credit our account with the furniture retailer.

We decided to get a check sent to us so we could make a new purchase and avoid paying the shipping costs because that’s the furniture company policy which we verified with them. No Guardian is going back once again on their word and is saying they will not send a check to us and they will credit our furniture account. So at this point we’re stuck with 40% value in credit of what we paid for and we must pay $500-$600 in shipping to get a new couch. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They never answer their phones to leave you on hold for hours at a time, when they do answer they just tell things you want to hear just to go back on their word at a later time. They are in my opinion a fraudulent company and I don’t understand how they’re allowed to treat paying customers like this. They are deceitful and immoral. Please do not do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Do not purchase the "protection" plan. Look at the number of reviews, 78 with mine, and not one review is above one star! This is a horrible company. I've submitted two claims and both have been denied. They deny claims that are valid! Do not purchase the plan from Bob's Discount Furniture or any other disreputable company that sells the Guardian Products "Protection" plan. Bob's Discount Furniture is complicit in the fraud being perpetrated by Guardian. There are hundreds of complaints from Bob's customers that have been duped like me. Here are some of the excuses they'll give you for not covering your claim. "That's a manufacturer's defect, not covered." "The joint is loose? Not covered." It's in the contract, unfortunately the sales associates don't show you the contract, they only tell you how good the plan is. And why don't they show you the contract? Because the list of exclusions is longer than the list of what is covered. Don't do it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have purchased several items from Bob's Furniture and always purchase the insurance. I have never needed to use it, until now, what a waste of money. I would have felt better about Guardian, had I not had to put in a claim. But I was denied, due to their interpretation, or should I say, “wording”. Due to this claim being denied, I will never WASTE my money on the insurance, nor purchase at Bob’s again. I wish I had read the reviews prior to handing them over my money. Huge mistake and I feel they were not being righteous by the consumer, in my case.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Purchased a dining set. The leg on one of the side chairs broke off. Submitted my claim with all relevant proof pics, etc. They finally responded 14 days later to inform that the damage is not covered because it didn't occur in an accident. Sitting down on the chair and it collapsing is NOT an accident, and therefore not covered.

This company has 566 complaints in the last 3 years. I read numerous complaints where the claim resulted from an accident, and in these instances Guardian Protection Products denies coverage because it's an accident and not normal wear and tear. In other words any time someone submits a claim they conveniently create their own version of events to decline coverage. If damage happens by accident, it's denied because it should have happened during normal usage. Then if damage happens during normal usage, claim is denied because damage must happen during an accident. As stated before, company is a fraud. Don't waste your money for a warranty that will never be honored.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

DO NOT BUY THE GOOF PROOF PROTECTION PLAN THAT BOB'S PUSHES--IT IS GOOD FOR NOTHING!!! IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! Don't let them talk you into it!!! Purchased a chair and we had an accident where someone sat too much on the one side and the frame popped out. They denied the claim because it's not considered an "accident." So even though frame damage is covered as they said....they denied the claim because it has to be from an accident of how they define an accident. According to them an accident would be if we were moving furniture around and it broke or basically if I held it up over my head and dropped it on the ground "on accident" MAYBE they would cover it but from the other reviews I read they will have another excuse as to why they cannot cover the damage.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! Do not buy this goof proof protection!!!! It is a huge scam and they won't fix anything. I just bought a new couch from Bobs and I was waiting to see if the Goof Proof would fix what happened to my chair so I will DEFINITELY NOT be buying the Goof Proof Protection on my new item and neither should you. It's a huge waste of money!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Paid $70 for warranty protection on bed frame that includes breakage. Extensive list of exclusions did not include slight breakage during moving. Had no time to read full list of exclusions at time of purchase. Denied claim. The list of exclusions is so long, I cannot imagine a scenario where they would allow coverage.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

So I bought Furniture two years ago. They offered me Guardian Protection to protect my furniture for 5 years. This is my first time paying $200 to protect my furniture. One year later my sofa rips by me cleaning my sofas. I did my claim and they didn’t cover my furniture. Later through the year I did two more claims and they didn’t protect my furniture. I was pretty upset because I pay $200 for any rips, burns that would happen to my sofas for them not to cover my furniture. I was on the phone with them and all they could said was that they can’t cover the rips on my sofa. People this company Guardian Protection Products is a SCAM. Don’t pay extra money to cover your furniture because at the end of the day that money went to the trash. I wish I would of looked at the reviews before throwing $200 away to Guardian Protection Products, INC.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

This company never intends to pay on the warranty you purchased. Complied with all their ridiculous requests and they wrote back, "Please understand that this is a final determination and your claim cannot be changed or altered. If desired, you may have these stain(s)/damage(s) serviced by a licensed technician at your own expense." The whole thing is a scam. A complete waste of money.

Guardian Protection Products response
Hi K.,

I am sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately, you have posted to the wrong company. We are Guardian Protection security systems and offer only professionally installed and monitored security systems for homes and businesses. You will want to repost this on the correct company’s site in hopes of receiving a response to your need. I have reached out to Consumer Affairs to advise them of the error. Best of luck with your issue. Guardian Protection

Guardian Protection Products Company Information