Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

1.0/5 (34 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: March 11, 2021

We're bought furniture at Bob's Discount Furniture and our salesman sold us their "Goof Proof Kit" which is by Guardian Protection Products. We questioned the salesman a lot, asking what about this, what about that? To every question he said, Yep, it's covered, anything is covered for 5 years. It's goof proof. Now almost 3 years later, we turned in some claims and every one of them was denied, saying "...the stains/damages below are not coverages of your plan." I called Bob's and complained to them about this. After a couple of calls, their final answer, "There's nothing we can do about it." BEWARE!! Guardian Protection Products, Inc. is a TOTAL RIPOFF!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

This plan is scam. I had rips in my sofa that I bought in 2018. I’ve called multiple times and they kept putting me on hold and then rejected my claim saying that it had to be accidental tears and the poor quality of furniture is not their responsibility. No matter how many proofs you provide they will find some way not to pay your claim. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. They are fraud people.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We bought a couch and like fools we paid the $100 for the warranty for it through Guardian. We needed to use the warranty and it look 2-3 months to even get it accepted. It took an additional 1.5 months for them to fully accept and give us replacement options. Multiple times they told us they were going to cover the cost in full to get a brand new replacement for us. When it came down to it they gave us less than half of what the couch costs to buy. They are not budging on the offer. I am tired of dealing with them so we accepted it so we can try and move on. They told us we could either get a check sent to us or they could credit our account with the furniture retailer.

We decided to get a check sent to us so we could make a new purchase and avoid paying the shipping costs because that’s the furniture company policy which we verified with them. No Guardian is going back once again on their word and is saying they will not send a check to us and they will credit our furniture account. So at this point we’re stuck with 40% value in credit of what we paid for and we must pay $500-$600 in shipping to get a new couch. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They never answer their phones to leave you on hold for hours at a time, when they do answer they just tell things you want to hear just to go back on their word at a later time. They are in my opinion a fraudulent company and I don’t understand how they’re allowed to treat paying customers like this. They are deceitful and immoral. Please do not do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Do not purchase the "protection" plan. Look at the number of reviews, 78 with mine, and not one review is above one star! This is a horrible company. I've submitted two claims and both have been denied. They deny claims that are valid! Do not purchase the plan from Bob's Discount Furniture or any other disreputable company that sells the Guardian Products "Protection" plan. Bob's Discount Furniture is complicit in the fraud being perpetrated by Guardian. There are hundreds of complaints from Bob's customers that have been duped like me. Here are some of the excuses they'll give you for not covering your claim. "That's a manufacturer's defect, not covered." "The joint is loose? Not covered." It's in the contract, unfortunately the sales associates don't show you the contract, they only tell you how good the plan is. And why don't they show you the contract? Because the list of exclusions is longer than the list of what is covered. Don't do it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have purchased several items from Bob's Furniture and always purchase the insurance. I have never needed to use it, until now, what a waste of money. I would have felt better about Guardian, had I not had to put in a claim. But I was denied, due to their interpretation, or should I say, “wording”. Due to this claim being denied, I will never WASTE my money on the insurance, nor purchase at Bob’s again. I wish I had read the reviews prior to handing them over my money. Huge mistake and I feel they were not being righteous by the consumer, in my case.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Purchased a dining set. The leg on one of the side chairs broke off. Submitted my claim with all relevant proof pics, etc. They finally responded 14 days later to inform that the damage is not covered because it didn't occur in an accident. Sitting down on the chair and it collapsing is NOT an accident, and therefore not covered.

This company has 566 complaints in the last 3 years. I read numerous complaints where the claim resulted from an accident, and in these instances Guardian Protection Products denies coverage because it's an accident and not normal wear and tear. In other words any time someone submits a claim they conveniently create their own version of events to decline coverage. If damage happens by accident, it's denied because it should have happened during normal usage. Then if damage happens during normal usage, claim is denied because damage must happen during an accident. As stated before, company is a fraud. Don't waste your money for a warranty that will never be honored.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

DO NOT BUY THE GOOF PROOF PROTECTION PLAN THAT BOB'S PUSHES--IT IS GOOD FOR NOTHING!!! IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! Don't let them talk you into it!!! Purchased a chair and we had an accident where someone sat too much on the one side and the frame popped out. They denied the claim because it's not considered an "accident." So even though frame damage is covered as they said....they denied the claim because it has to be from an accident of how they define an accident. According to them an accident would be if we were moving furniture around and it broke or basically if I held it up over my head and dropped it on the ground "on accident" MAYBE they would cover it but from the other reviews I read they will have another excuse as to why they cannot cover the damage.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! Do not buy this goof proof protection!!!! It is a huge scam and they won't fix anything. I just bought a new couch from Bobs and I was waiting to see if the Goof Proof would fix what happened to my chair so I will DEFINITELY NOT be buying the Goof Proof Protection on my new item and neither should you. It's a huge waste of money!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Paid $70 for warranty protection on bed frame that includes breakage. Extensive list of exclusions did not include slight breakage during moving. Had no time to read full list of exclusions at time of purchase. Denied claim. The list of exclusions is so long, I cannot imagine a scenario where they would allow coverage.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

So I bought Furniture two years ago. They offered me Guardian Protection to protect my furniture for 5 years. This is my first time paying $200 to protect my furniture. One year later my sofa rips by me cleaning my sofas. I did my claim and they didn’t cover my furniture. Later through the year I did two more claims and they didn’t protect my furniture. I was pretty upset because I pay $200 for any rips, burns that would happen to my sofas for them not to cover my furniture. I was on the phone with them and all they could said was that they can’t cover the rips on my sofa. People this company Guardian Protection Products is a SCAM. Don’t pay extra money to cover your furniture because at the end of the day that money went to the trash. I wish I would of looked at the reviews before throwing $200 away to Guardian Protection Products, INC.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

This company never intends to pay on the warranty you purchased. Complied with all their ridiculous requests and they wrote back, "Please understand that this is a final determination and your claim cannot be changed or altered. If desired, you may have these stain(s)/damage(s) serviced by a licensed technician at your own expense." The whole thing is a scam. A complete waste of money.

Guardian Protection Products response
Hi K.,

I am sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately, you have posted to the wrong company. We are Guardian Protection security systems and offer only professionally installed and monitored security systems for homes and businesses. You will want to repost this on the correct company’s site in hopes of receiving a response to your need. I have reached out to Consumer Affairs to advise them of the error. Best of luck with your issue. Guardian Protection

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Stay away from this company and any protection they offer. They take your money and then don’t cover a dime. I never leave reviews but I don’t won’t what happened to me to happen to someone else. Rooms to go uses them and just deny it if they ask. I had a hole in my couch so I submitted a ticket and denied it for no good reason. Bottom feeding company. Stay away!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Furniture owned less than 5 years. Springs sharply sticking us you know where. No problem, I have Guardian. Make the call, Send the photos of sofa and they want a copy of my receipt that shows I bought the GPP even though they know my name etc. That should have been my first clue. One tech comes out in October 2020, does not touch furniture tells me it is a foam problem. Leaves in less than 3 minutes.

2-3 days later Guardian denies my claim. I complain to Guardian, he made a visual diagnosis? Guardian sends another tech, from another company in November 2020. He does a complete inspection. He says springs are broken and not good craftsmanship. I do not hear back for 3 weeks. I call tech's company. They read me the report they sent and say they are waiting for Guardian to send out work order. The report says "spring problem." Today, December 5, 2020, Guardian denies me again saying that he (the new tech) reported foam problem. Really? Not what he said in person. He and I never talked about the first tech guy's assessment. But Guardian is now saying he said something else. Even send me the EXACT SAME denial notification Scam? After reading other complaints, sounds so familiar???? I can not sit comfortably on the sofa. BBB NEXT MOVE!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

No wonder Star Furniture dropped them for their furniture protection coverage! In over 30 years of buying furniture protection plans, the first time I ever file a claim, Guardian denies the claim. When I initially talked to them on the phone, I told them we thought maybe the Brad’s on my husband's jeans were causing the punctures that were turning into rips in our furniture. They denied the claim saying I couldn’t specifically state what caused the damage.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Bob's Guardian insurance is a complete scam. They will deny your claim by playing with your words in order to not hold accountable for fixing / replacing products. They do not hold true to their word and will not approve your claim.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I purchase 5yrs extended warranty on my sofa and was told by the store that warranty covers peeling, ripping, stripping of fabric etc. My sofa is peeling all over and am being told that warranty does not cover these things. I paid $3500 for my sofa along with $200 for warranty and now am left with a sofa after 3yrs. Do not waste your money paying for this warranty you will regret. The company blatantly told me am on my own without even trying to help. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased a sectional with a bed in 11/2019 from Bob's furniture store Brooklyn NY and the left arm wood cracked in less then a year and Guardian Protection Products I paid for a a 5 year warranty and they will not honor it. I do not recommend this protection company or Bob's furniture to my friends, Facebook friends or family. I have a sofa bed with a broken left arm which I paid a lot of money for the product. I intend to take both companies to small claims court.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

How I wish I had researched this before I paid La-z-Boy more than $500 to protect my new couch. Don't waste your time or your money. Such a SCAM. If you do not use the exact words they want you to use when you call, they will deny. I had a very small scuff on a cushion from a kid's shoe. I did not say it was "grease" or "shoe polish," both of which are covered. Because I said "scuff," the claims agent wrote "dirt" which, of course, is NOT covered. I called back and said I never used the word "dirt" so they went back and reviewed the call. Because I said "scuff" which is non-specific, they STILL denied the claim. I have another claim they did approve for a soda spill...so it's not like they would be making a separate trip to treat the quarter-sized scuff...they DO NOT CARE.

I will pay the technician to treat it myself... It's not about the $ to fix it; it's about the $ I paid to protect it in the first place. Glad I said "soda" when I told them about the other stain or they would've denied that one too. PLEASE be careful if you have to make a claim and use the EXACT WORDS that are in the policy, nothing more, nothing less. USELESS.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I bought a Dining table, Buffett & China set, bench and side chairs from Dining Rooms Outlet for $2300 in 2016, and bought Guardian 5 year protection plan with it. 4 years later, I filed a claim for the bench and for the side chairs for the rips on the fabric and it was all denied as not being covered in the plan! Said it was not accidental so not covered. What a joke! Do not buy this protection plan, it’s a waste of money!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We purchase a sectional sofa in July 2019. We have been very happy until in September 2020 (2 months after our manufacturer warranty ended) the frame on our armless recliner bent. I contacted Guardian via phone and was told to submit pictures after describing that the footrest was broken during normal use. They declined the claim. I called back not understanding why the claim was denied. Guardian informed me that since the frame was bent during normal use, they would not honor the claim. They would only honor the claim if the frame was bent as a result of an accident occurring to the recliner. When I told them this may be the result of something with the motor since it was making a noise, they agreed to send a technician to investigate.

The technician told us that the frame was bent, that this happens often and he would send pictures to guardian. They declined the claim again. If I had said my husband fell on the chair, they would fix it. I do not agree that this was "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" on a 14 month old piece of furniture. When I spoke to Alex (a manager of the Hunt Valley, MD location), he felt this should be repaired through the Goof Proof protection. I do not feel the Goof Proof is explained well enough that this will only cover a literal accident. I am not comfortable spending money for furniture that will only last 14 months.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have a piece of furniture that the laminate broke off. They will not fix it because they say it's not part of my plan. What a joke. They take your money but wont fix when it breaks. I will tell everyone I know how crooked Guardian protection products is and dont buy any of their plans. Horrible protection plans.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This is an absolute joke and borderline scam-ish. Not only did I waste my money on this protection plan but I also wasted over 2 hours of my time on hold for them to bounce me around from rep to rep trying to reach a supervisor that is supposed to call me back next week. Absolutely unacceptable for what I paid for new furniture and a protection plan. Save your time and money and stay far away from this.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

These kind of companies need to be banned which provide no real service often reject the customers claim for no reason even if it’s an accidental damage to the product. I’ll suggest everyone not to purchase the Guardian Protection products at any cost and report this in all possible places.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In my opinion the goof proof protection plan is a waste of money. Every claim I put in for has been denied. From what I'm getting I am covered if it's an accident BUT if someone sits on a suppose to be sturdy coach and the thin piece of wood breaks that's not covered. BUT if they tripped and fell onto the coach and it broke it is. That's ridiculous. From my experiences No stars need to be an option.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

This company and their services are absolutely useless to the customers that buy them. It's a joke to call this insurance as they don't cover anything. We purchased insurance for our bar stools and have 2 break and one fabric seam tear - they have covered none of the damage. I will be complaining to BBB and demanding my money back from this dishonorable business.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Guardian Protection Products is a waste of money. They refuse to cover furniture claims that are clearly defined in their own documentation as items that will be covered, even with pictures. We purchased a brand new sectional from Bob's Discount Furniture on 10/21/18. We were told the couch we purchased (LUXE) was the 2nd most popular sectional. In addition to the purchase of the couch, we also purchased the Goof Proof Warranty from Guardian Protection Products the salesman recommended for 150.00. From the time of purchase to now (9/27/20) we have had 3 technicians at the house for various problems with the couch. Both the left and right arms of the chaises have divots, the cushion casings have torn, and the left-facing chaise now has multiple sharp protrusions in the back, which presents a safety issue.

The divot fix only lasted a few months, and the technician who came to the house to replace the cushion casings, put them on in such a way that the casing seams don't line up with the ends of the cushions. For the protrusions, I filed a claim with Guardian. The first Guardian rep said the claim would not be covered because it had occurred when I pulled the couch out to clean, which was not true and a statement I did not make. I told him I noticed the protrusion when I pulled the couch out to clean the wall.

After calling to speak with another Guardian rep. regarding the incident, she apologized for the first rep's explanation, and said the claim's denial is actually due to us not being aware of the exact cause of the protrusion. I then filed a complaint with Bob's Customer Care; they refused to offer a replacement to the chaise or send a technician to examine the damage free of charge because the one year manufacturing warranty expired and recommended I file a complaint with Guardian.

After filing an additional claim with Guardian due to the protrusions getting worse and increasing in number after sitting back on the chaise, the following is what I received via email, denying the claim "You reported that the damage to your furniture occurred while leaning back. While we understand the furniture was not intentionally damaged, leaning back is the intended use of the furniture. The plan you purchased protects your furniture from accidents you cause to the furniture and excludes damage that occurs from normal use." We now have a couch, less than two years old, that is dangerous and neither Bob's Discount Furniture or Guardian Protection Plans will take any action to resolve the issue.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

If you skip last 5 reviews you will notice everybody have complained same issue. Whatsoever you report clam, they wont work with you and disregard your complain and then take rudely same happened with me. Got air bubbles on wood table and chairs stained. They refused my claim by saying not done in an accident by you . can you imagine that, I got 500$ of protection for my table and sofa and they told me accident not done properly. This company is a fraud. I don’t know where can we complain about such fraud company. They should not be allowed to do business in States. They dont deserve a star at all.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I filed a claim for my furniture because accidentally one of the plate in armrest moved when I put my arm on it. They denied the claim saying ineligible for service without any given reason. I tried to contact them but no response even after 15 days. I would recommend future customers not to buy Guardian furniture protection plan because it's rip off. They are running scam. They are running a scam offer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Claim denied. Charge you a hefty price for so-called warranty for 5 years to give you restrictions. That shows you what a reputable company they are by making things difficult. Best advice - do not purchase this warranty so you're not told to read the fine print.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Please DO NOT purchase furniture protection from this “company.” I purchased a 5 year furniture protection insurance from Guardian Protection Products Inc., after buying a bedroom set from Bob’s Furniture Store. What a mistake. This company should be out of business. They take your money and when a claim is submitted it’s denied over some technicality. My bed cracked and fell and the rep said it wasn’t an accident. What a crock. I’m resubmitting my BBB claim and going to Small Claims Court. People with limited means should not be taken advantage of in any way.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

So I bought multiple furniture from Bob's and bought the warranty with Guardian Protection Plan. So one day my kids accidentally damaged all of the bed set in their bedroom while playing with friends. Guardian Protection plan states that kids can't damage items the same day, then it's not a accident, it's intentional. Kids play and while playing, they damage things. So what is the point of having a protection? If the kids accidentally damage the bed set, why isn't it covered. They make up things as they go. So the supervisor told me that each items has a multiple damages, and I said let's go picture by picture and see what the multiple damages are.

She refused to look at the pictures with me and kept saying kids actions can be stopped. How can I predict what the kids will do. They refuse to listen to my points and just denied them without providing a valid claims. They also said how can you determine when was it damaged, they said it can't be done in one single incident it probably happened overtime, but failed to let me know how they can tell it happened overtime. I also asked if they can send somebody to inspect it if they don't believe me, they do not want to hear that. HORRIBLE SERVICE.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information