2.3/5 (743 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

We also have Guardian Furniture Care Products to keep your furniture protected and looking new. Call today to learn more!

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2020

Firstly I will love to thank Consumer Affairs for being out here for customer. I was just googling thing up and stumble on their this. My voice was heard and my claim has been resolved. I got a call from Amber from Guardian Product and she did gave me the ear I wanted. The problem might not be the company but the people selling the company product and their first response team to claims. I'm giving four star because of the stress I had to go through. Thank you consumer affairs.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I'm disappointed with this people. I bought a sectional, carpet, cupboard, 6 chairs dinning table from Bob's Furnitures. I was told by Bob's associate the insurance covers stain, or damages and can be clean, repaired or replaced after five years. I was never told about an incidence nor given the definition of their incidence. I bought this insurance for all my items almost a thousand dollars.

Last week my daughter made some three cuts on the sectional and I called Bob's furniture then they directed me to Guardian. I was never even told it's a third party type of business. I need my refund or my item replaced or I will stay here giving my testimony to others this is bad business and poor communication just to get people money. You can't tell me you cover damages then I report my damage you tell me it's more than one incidence. This cuts were made same day, same time, is that not an incident. You policy says CUTS with an S. That's a plural which means multiple punctures, burns. All those are plurals. You people are playing with people money. It took me lot of hours to get this together.

Maxwel Angye,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry to hear of the frustration you have encountered with your claim.

Upon further review of your claim, Guardian has determined that the rips on your sectional are covered by your Protection Plan. Please note that we will begin reviewing options to resolve your claim. You will receive an email, from your Account Specialist, within 5 business days regarding the resolution options to your claim.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have a Guardian Protection for my couch which has a armless power chair that is no longer working - the protection is in place since I bought the couch back in 2016. The story starts from 2017 when I opened a claim with Guardian for the chair, which stopped working. At the time Guardian told me this chair is under mfg warranty, and rightfully so; I contacted the seller (Huffman Koos) and they took care of it. They did not leave me any invoice though nor something explaining how the chair was fixed.

Now back to present, I have the same issue starting to happen with the armless chair late last year. I opened a claim with Guardian. First they told me this is the problem from back in 2017 and we do not fix old issues; When I told them the original issue was fixed from 2017, They asked me for the proof. since I did not have any proof, I contacted Huffman Koos which indicated that old company that took care of my couch last time is no longer in business; instead Huffman Koos sent their notes indicating my issue was taken care of and the couch was fixed. NOW Guardian states that they need to know exactly what was fixed and without that they do not fix anything. I told them last time they verbally told me it was the switch but they wants something in writing from the other company which no longer exists. Basically they declined my Claim for NOTHING.

Azadeh S,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your claim.

Upon further review of your claim, Guardian has decided that we will be addressing the damaged item.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Horrible. I bought something with Jeromes and when I file a claim it did not cover. So I decided to purchase with Bob's furniture discount. For my surprise they have the same company Goof and when I file a claim it did not cover. I don't know what they mean with single accident and accidental damage. Also the lady from corporate mention that it didn't not cover multiple kids. When I got the protection I mention that I had 4 KIDS that was why I was getting the protection, it is impossible to speak to Bob's. All they do is say sorry, PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING!!! FROM EITHER COMPANY. THEY DONT VALUE AS A CUSTOMER.

MARINA TURNER,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry for the confusion and frustration that this has caused.

The Protection Plan that you purchased through Bobs Customer Care does provides coverage for all accidental stains. However, the Protection Plan specifically states that coverage is for accidental stains or damages from a single incident. You reported having stains on all seat cushions of your sofa, loveseat and ottoman, that were possibly from dirt caused by your kids. Unfortunately, the Plan specifically excludes general soiling stains or stains that cannot be attributed to a single incident. Having stains on all seat cushions of all three pieces of furniture cannot be attributed to a single incident. Due to the stains not being related to a single incident, as your Plan requires, we are unable to offer coverage for this claim.

We are truly sorry for the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased my couch with smuggler 3 months ago. We noticed on the smuggler section there was a small rip on the fabric. How? I have no idea but didn’t want it to get worse. We also started hearing some cracking type of frame notices when you sit down like structural damage. This set is brand new! I contacted the protection plan and filed a claim. I received an email stating to provide pictures and a copy of my purchase agreement because they didn’t have it. I immediately did so.

1 week later I sent another email checking status since I hadn’t heard anything. A day later I received a denial email on both items filed because only stains are covered. What the heck! Why have coverage?! This couch should not be broken nor should it be ripping! I still have two more payments! I’ll be contacting the store and telling them about this so called protection plan they’re selling! It’s a rip off and not worth my money! I’ll also be spreading the word to everyone....Don’t buy it!

Catrina Loera,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry for the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused.

The Protection Plan that you have purchased does provide coverage for a variety of accidental stains, along with accidental rips, cuts, burns or punctures from a specific incident. While we understand that the rip was not caused intentionally, your Plan requires that damages of this nature be related to a specific incident. Due to not knowing what caused the rip, the damage could not be related to a specific incident therefore would not be covered by this Protection Plan. Regarding the possible frame damage, your furniture is less than 6 months old, which means that you may have a manufacturer's warranty that is still valid. We suggest reaching out to the store that you purchased your furniture from and reporting the frame damage under your manufacturer's warranty.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration that this has caused.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Refused to pay my claim, claim was valid and covered under the policy. During a family gathering, my sofa was damaged because we put to many people on it for a family photo. We didn't set out to break the sofa nor was it a manufacturer flaw. I call that an accident. Unfortunately they do not. If you read their Google reviews, you can see there are hundreds of people they scammed. They should not be allowed to sell accident insurance.

JESSE DEJESUS,

We are truly sorry for the confusion and frustration that this has caused. However, when this Plan was purchased, you purchased the Goof Proof Protection Plan. Guardian only provides the coverage for the Goof Proof part of your Plan, while Bobs Customer care provides the coverage for the Plus part of your Plan. The Plus coverage is an extension of your manufacturer's warranty, which allows manufacturing coverage for a total of 5 years. We are very sorry if you were given inaccurate information, but you may contact Bobs Customer Care directly at 1-800-569-1284 to confirm that you do have the Plus coverage and to file a claim under that Plan.

Guardian Protection Products

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We have had an awful experience with this company. We have been waiting for someone to repair our table after making a service request over a month ago. There is awful communication. Once a day for a service technician to come to the house was FINALLY established, we waited for hours for someone to show up. Still waiting for someone to repair the table. We repeatedly get emails/texts about when technicians are coming without confirming an appointment with us (most recently when we were out of the country). Highly disappointed with our experience.

Lauren DeFreest,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We assure you that this is not typical when resolving claims and your account specialist is currently working on resolving your claim, as quickly as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and dis-satisfaction. We strive to meet the needs of all our consumers and providing feedback as you have allows us the opportunity to make changes, if necessary, in our processes here at Guardian.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

We paid for a five year warranty. They would not honor warranty if we did not have a specific date of the damage. If it’s within the five years it’s a warranty. Wasted money!!!! We have a cracked arm rest and a puncture mark in the fabric.

Dennis Martin,

We are sadden to hear of your experience and the confusion regarding the terms of your Protection Plan. The Protection Plan that you have purchased is valid for 5 years. However, the Plan requires that all damages be reported to Guardian within 30 days of the damage occurrence. We truly want to assist all of our customers, but unfortunately we must abide by the terms of your Protection Plan. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience that this caused but Guardian is not able to offer any recourse for your claim.

Sincerely,

Guardian Protection Products

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have Guardian for my sectional couch. When there was urine on it, I made a service request. That was easy and their rep helped out a lot. A technician came out the next day which was very fast. He was very good and he ended up cleaning the entire couch instead of just the spot. He spent his time and made sure he cleaned it very well. Guardian has been definitely worth it so far. I will definitely be using it again in the future.

Mike Karam,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and quick resolution in your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a 5-star experience

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have Guardian's protection plan that's for three years and it has met my expectations so far. Last month, I used their service because of stains and that was taken care of. The technician was fast and was efficient. On the whole, the turnaround time was fine. The feedback that I got was to make sure that I report to Guardian as soon as I could so it would be covered. I read some negative reviews, but I have not experienced those. Also, when I purchased Guardian, I got a cleaning kit in the store. They explained it to me and I also read the instructions. They were not really straightforward and I was scared because my couch is gray. I didn’t want it to look bleached out just in case.

Christy Guarin,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I had a couple of screws that connected a glider chair to its base break and it was not safe to sit on. So, I needed those two screws replaced. I filed the service request on a Tuesday and a technician showed up on Saturday so it was quick. My wife was there when they arrived and she seemed to like them. The tech did a good job and he returned the chair to its original state.

Vincent Dorrington,

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Do not be suckered into buying any protection plan from this company. (We bought Bob's Goof Proof from Bob's Discount Furniture and this is the company I had to deal with.) They won't consider anything "accidental damage." They will deny your claim.

Kay Yeoman,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are sadden to hear that the damage you are experiencing was found to be ineligible for coverage based upon the Protection Plan that you have purchased. We have reviewed your claim in its entirety and found that the ineligible status will remain. The Protection Plan that you have purchased does provide coverage for accidental breakage to the frame or springs. However, this Plan requires that all damages be related to a customer caused accident. You reported that you sat down on this unit and heard a noise and found that the frame had broken. While we agree that you did not cause this damage intentionally, sitting on the furniture is part of the intended use of the furniture. The Goof Proof Protection Plan is designed to provide coverage for damages that occur from a customer caused accident. This Plan does not provide coverage for any damage that occurs while the furniture item is normally being used, as this is not an extension of the manufacturer's warranty. We do understand how frustrating this is, however, we can only provide the coverage as its stated in the terms of your Protection Plan.

Again, we are truly sorry that Guardian could not provide assistance with this damage, but we do want to thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I filed a claim a month and a half ago. My couches the material was cracking. Five days later I had to give pictures and send them my original. I sent them and didn't hear back from them. So I go to the furniture store to buy more furniture for my mother and as we were buying and about to put Guardian as a protection I emailed them realizing they still haven't called me. They replied saying they did not receive my documents and closed my claim PERMANENTLY. That sounds like a cop-out to me because I sent the documents. Protect yourself and your wallet and don't ever buy their so called protection you will be greatly disappointed. I can tell by the reviews they are not in the customer service business!

Robert Linares,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sorry for the frustration that this has caused you.

We certainly understand your frustration with your claim being closed due to Guardian not receiving the requested information by the given due date. However, upon reviewing the damages you have reported, leather cracking and peeling is a specific exclusion to the Plan's coverage. The Protection Plan that you have purchased does provide coverage for accidental rips, cuts, and punctures from a single relatable occurrence. However, this Plan is designed to provide coverage for customer caused accidental damages. Damages that occur from normal wear and tear, or are quality issues with the furniture would not be covered by this Protection Plan, this Plan is not an extension of the manufacturing warranty. We are so sorry for the inconvenience or frustration that this has caused, but we do hope for your understanding in this matter.

Guardian Protection Products

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The claim I recently made to the accidents to my furniture was denied saying it's not covered. Everything they are just telling it's not covered. Bob's should provide better protection plan. I have coverage for 5 years and it's been 1 1/2 yrs to my furniture that they are not covering the damage. I strictly don't recommend this protection plan. Plus the quality of the Bob's furniture is poor also otherwise I would not end up with this damage also.

Harpreet Sandhu,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with one of our representatives regarding this complaint. We look forward to receiving the clearer picture of the damage you reported, so that we can determine if there are any options that can be offered to resolve your complaint.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My power recliner just stops working intermittently leaving me stuck in the chair until someone can come along and get on the floor and replug the chord back into the power box (not the outlet) approximately every 2 to 3 uses. I am disabled and this is quite the hardship. I bought two Guardian policies when I purchased the chair - one for the leather and one for the power mechanism. Guardian sent a repairman who was in my home for less than five minutes. The chair worked when he has here. He was urged to stay keep trying it and he refused and left saying there was nothing wrong with it. Within minutes after he left, it failed to work again.

Despite calling him back - his mailbox was full. I was notified today that this problem was deemed to be normal wear and tear and not covered per the technician. The power chair is not working. The leather and chair have been meticulously maintained, but because power cannot get to the control - it is deemed wear and tear? Beware of a company that takes your money and fails to provide the services that you paid for or have repairmen that will take a reasonable amount of time to actually diagnose what the problem is.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We purchased this extra warranty with furniture because we were told it would cover anything that happens to it for life including accidents. It was rung up with the furniture bill of sale with no detailed paper work to read over for any exclusions. When filing a claim we got their standard response most others seem to receive.

This warranty was not worth over 200. We paid and now we are stuck with an unusable new reclining leather sofa that we paid alot for.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We got the best package from Guardian Protection Products and we put the protection plan on our couch and our dining room table. We had an incident with a stain on the couch that we needed to get removed and my husband called Guardian then we filed it online. We were asked to provide pictures, which was not a problem but navigating through the website was confusing and there were more questions that kept popping up. The service technician was sent out four days after we filed the claim and he was fantastic. He did great. You wouldn’t even be able to tell that anything was spilled.

Daniela Keller,

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We purchased the plan to cover our furniture grouping that we purchased. We discovered the leather wasn't wearing right and appeared to not have adequate stuffing. We called, sent pictures, some material arrived, a service person came out to install, said it was the wrong items and would re-order the correct items to make the repair. That was 2.5 years ago. We have called numerous times, left messages, got 1 call back asking for pictures, we said we had already sent them, then were told they would look into it. Here we sit with less than perfect furniture and a paid for warranty that appears to mean nothing.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I got a protection plan for the living room furniture from Guardian Protection Products and they told me that before I use the cleaning kit myself, I should call and talk to somebody first so I wouldn’t ruin it. When there was a spot on the couch, I called them. I had to send them an email showing my proof of purchase of the warranty. It took five days for them to get back to me but when I talked to the girl, she followed up quickly. The service technician came and got the stain out.

Lynn Burtyk,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a five-year Guardian Protection plan for my couch. Then, I spilt on it so I called them for a service request. They were only able to dispatch a tech 3 days after I filed the request so it took me a while to get somebody. But when I finally got someone, it was good. I didn't see him, but the quality of work he did was perfect.

Julie O'rourke,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your experience with Guardian Protection Products. We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience and quick resolution in your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We purchase the $200 protection plan in 2016 for our expensive sectional while being told this would cover any damages (I specifically asked about dogs) to the sectional for 5 years. While on vacation my dog chewed open the arm of my sectional. When I got home I promptly informed them, sent all necessary information, and waited for their feedback. One week later, I received an email that they do not cover pet damage. I called and again they stated that the plan does not cover pet damages and they weren’t responsible for what the salesmen told us was covered. This company does not cover furniture in the way that it represents that it does. Do not buy the protection plan. It is a waste of money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I purchased a sectional couch on February 21, 2018 (Item#3045-LFS-Price $369.00) (Item#3045-RFCHSE-Price $429.00). From American Freight 2240 Commerce Drive, Lakeland, Florida 33801. The Guardian Protection value 1 plan was $99.95. I recently made a claim to Guardian because the cushions on my couch were going flat. I did not notice this immediately because I use and see the couch daily.

When I did make the claim (approx. 11/19/2019) they respond back (11/25/2019) and stated that I did not report this within the 60 day period window involving when I apparently figured the cushions were going flat. So they denied the claim and then stated, "It's final. Don't call or write again!" Do not buy the Guardian Protection plan or you will get ripped-off like me! They are liars and they scam you for the $99.95 or more. All I wanted was a simple fix and got told to shut up and go away! DO NOT USE GUARDIAN PROTECTION PLAN OR PRODUCTS!!!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Updated on 11/25/2019: Update on my previous comment: 1st off, my 2nd recliner I own motor just kicked the bucket this weekend!!. After waiting over an hour on the phone to talk to an account manager, I was connected to an "manager". He told me that someone will be in touch within 2-5 business days to let me know what can be done on my furniture. It had to be pushed up to upper management. So I now have been waiting over a month to get my furniture fixed. This plan is a scam!!! I would not recommend buying this. More details to follow.

Original Review: I am still waiting for Guardian to resolve my claim. Sent a repairman 2 weeks after claim submitted. He spent 5 minutes or less looking at my power recliner. Said he needed a motor and left. I have been on hold with Guardian a total of 1 hour to speak to an account manager. This is ridiculous. Ongoing claim and I will post results when I get action from Guardian.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I got a minuscule amount of water on my table which resulted in the veneer bubbling up. Apparently, the goof proof protection only covers stains on the dark wood, almost black table. Not clear issues in the ability of a table to have a cup of ice water on it or any sort of cleaning product. I spent 1200 on a table that looks awful after less than a year. Do not buy products or services from Bobs or Guardian.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I had some stains on the chair. I wanted to take advantage of the policy I bought and have it cleaned. It took Guardian a day or two to send out Tri County. They came and they did the job they were supposed to do. It went very well.

Roslyn Obolsky,

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Was recommended to buy Guardian extended warranty by salesman being that I spend over $ 4000.00. That way if anything like tears, rips, stains, or breakage or cuts it would be covered so I did. I accidentally sat on my couch with my pocket knife in back pocket and cut the side I sat on and had a couple of scratches. Called guardian products warranty and sent pictures. Got back to me the next day and told me it was not covered, to call the store I bought it from to see if they would help me. Very rude on phone. DON'T buy this warranty. It's a rip off a SCAM. Bunch of thieves taking our hard earned money. RATS.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The Guardian protection plan for the couch is good. But the wait once you place the service request was ridiculous. You gotta wait weeks and weeks. I got the plan strictly based on the fact that I have animals. Specifically, I have a rabbit that, unfortunately, every now and then, if she's not watched closely, pees on my couch. She did pee on my couch, and I had to wait almost three weeks for someone to get that out. I needed a Saturday appointment on a late afternoon. Furthermore, the people at the store guaranteed that animal urine, if that happens, is covered but when they called me, they said they don't cover it.

The manager said that the plan covered more than it actually covered just to basically sell it, and I bought it based on that. The guy who comes and cleans it does a very nice job. It did get the smell out only because the urine didn’t soak through the foam. I had a blanket on the couch, so I pulled the blanket off and then I shoved a towel in between the cushion and the top of the material that covers it. This protected the couch from getting the smell.

Jennifer Shannon,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are very sadden to hear of the timeframe it took to service the stains you reported. We assure you that bodily fluid claims are a priority to Guardian and we try to assign technicians' to those claims as quickly as possible. Guardian does hire third party companies, located in the customer's area, to perform the services needed. Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule those appointments as they are based upon both the technician's and customer's availability. With the holiday's just around the corner, our technician's appointment slots are filling up rather quickly, which can cause a delay in available appointment times. However, we are truly sorry for the wait you had to experience to receive the service to your furniture. Please understand that this is not typical and we try to service all of our customers as quickly as possible.

In regards to pet bodily fluid stains, the Protection Plan that you have purchased does provide coverage for pet bodily fluid stains from a single incident. We are very sorry if you were given in accurate information.

Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased two recliners and a couch, and I bought a Guardian protection plan for those. When I had a stain on my couch from my dogs, I filed a service request from Guardian and my interaction with their rep was good. In just a few days, they came to clean it and said they cleaned it and got it out, but they didn’t. The guy that came said he got it out, but once it dried, it’s not out. The stain is still there. I’m gonna contact them back.

Patricia Pierce,

Guardian has reviewed your complaint and are sadden to hear that the stain was not successfully cleaned. We will be more than happy to have this taken care of for you. Please contact our customer care department at 1-800-527-8485, at your earliest convenience, so that we can review options to resolve your claim.

Guardian Protection Products

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

If you want to waste your money and feel ripped off then go ahead and buy this protection plan from Guardian. I submitted two separate claims and of course both were denied for reasons so ridiculous that it actually made me laugh. I think it’s so sad that a company won’t be reputable and honor their word. I will be making it my life’s mission to spread the word to other consumers to avoid buying into this pathetic company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I have a disabled son who is tube-fed. So, food actually goes directly into his stomach through a tube, and it came loose. And it’s not a formula-type stuff, almost like a baby formula, so some of it got on the chair. I noticed it right away and cleaned it up but then the next day, I noticed that it was a little hard and I was afraid it was gonna get a smell, like a formula smell. So, I called and asked Guardian if they could send someone out right away to clean it. And they did that and that resolved the problem.

Ms. Foote,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Guardian Protection Products.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I had purchased a double recliner sofa with Wyckes in Cerritos and had insurance with Guardian. Now Wyckes was not at all being helpful to get my item fix was not compiling with them to get the information that Guardian was needed to get it fix or the matter replaced. Now Guardian was with me and working together to get a respond from Wyckes to get it resolved. Now they were not able to get Rich the owner of the store to respond to calls or emails and even with me also trying to call and email them to resolve the issue and between them and me going to the store a couple times for him to comply with Guardian. The result was that

Guardian went ahead and issue an authorize payment to Wyckes for the value of the sofa to get it replaced for the same value that I paid.

Now Wyckes was going out of business which did not advise Guardian or me on this matter it was Guardian advise me the check went out to the store and was cashed by Rich the owner from Wyckes and with that information went down to the store which I’m glad they advise me of it because they were closing the store in a few days so would have be left me with no sofa or the money that they had sent to them which Rich did not advise me of these the owner of the store that was closing the store. So thank god I went a few days after Guardian had advise me that check went out and had to pick out an item from the floor which was nothing much left but did get the sofa replaced. I felt it was not the same value which Wyckes was pulling one over and keeping what they can from the check of course and advise Guardian of it and they offer me a check for an added value to me direct to make me feel that was not cheated out of what I paid for the sofa.

Now Courtney was a wonderful person at Guardian, was there throughout all this with me and keep in touch with me and assist me anyway possible to make me happy. Thank God for them at Guardian because Wyckes would have lifted me with a broken sofa and out money. Thank you again Courtney and the other parties involved at Guardian you saved me and doing everything in your power to please me which they did.

Ileana.