Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I love my Frigidaire. It has been a great fridge! Easy to clean. The water filter is a little expensive but you only have to change it every 6 mos. You can easily get parts for replacement online.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Ice maker broke four times. After paying for parts not included because warranty expired and the fridge was only four years old, we had to buy a new ice maker upon the fourth time. Then the fridge sealing rubber didn’t seal anymore and we lost all our freezer food. All this in four years.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Until I needed a refrigerator and I had to find one that wouldn't break the bank, I never even realized you could buy a fridge with a water dispenser that ISN'T COOLED. This fridge is great at providing warm filtered water. I reached out to Frigidaire who confirmed there is no cooling unit for the water dispenser. Also the buttons on the front look like there should be lights to indicate what you select (cube or crushed) but no, the 'lights' are just fake and nothing actually lights up. While this was the cheapest fridge that JCP sold, I do feel that it is a bit of a gimmick. Oh and the plastic covers for the hinges came off less than an hour after delivery and will not reattach. If you buy the cheapest model like I did, buckle up.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Knocking on wood, the Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator has never caused any problems or concerns in the nearly seven years I've owned it. If the freezer had a light it would help but that's not a major issue. Overall it's a reliable and durable appliance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Our fridge is a little over 12 years old. My only two complaints are the lack of water filters and the cheap plastic drawers. The filters are difficult to find after the local store stopped stocking them. Purchasing them online is the only option and sometimes do not fit. The plastic rail system for the drawers are horrible. All of them have broken which makes opening the drawers a nightmare. What makes this horrible is that the fridge itself works great, however, without drawers it's a large chilling box.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Plenty of room & like the functionality but the temperature management is challenging with my attempts to get the refrigerator to a desired temperature resulted in several instances of items freezing.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We needed a fully functional, energy efficient refrigerator for a tight spot in our small house, which we bought 15 years ago. We did not want bells and whistles like an ice machine, although this fridge does have the capacity for one, door water dispenser, alarms etc. These items are just more to break, need cleaning and cause problems. We bought the 14 Frigidaire and it has been wonderful. Interior is roomy for the size, electricity use is quite reasonable. It is easy to clean and the gasket has held up well. The small size means that we need to use up leftovers, don't have food waste, and keep it neat. The price was right. Should we need to replace it, we will look at the same brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The refrigerator is very noisy. Makes all kinds of weird sounds. I think the water comes out too slow also. Have had checked and everything else is normal. I don't have any other complaints because otherwise it does a fantastic job.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This is a good solid refrigerator but due to the ice maker the freezer is a bit on the small size. Also the bins on refrigerator door often slide off or break and need to be replaced. I like the finish on the outside which wipes down easily and always looks new.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Ridiculously laid out... This refrigerator is so inconvenient I wish I could’ve returned it, but can’t... Won’t be shopping at Lowe’s anymore for sure. Don’t buy Frigidaire and don’t shop at Lowe’s.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Purchased new from Lowe's for 699.00 plus 5 yr. Ext insurance. Otherwise you will eat the cost of all these cheaply built appliances. After one year usage this Frigidaire led light in fridge burned out. Called warranty. They say no cover for light. Call manufacture. Light cost 65.00 bulb. Frigidaire sell fridge cheap with cheap parts, made to break fast. They sell you these cheap parts at an inflated cost. Which now makes that cheap crap you paid for, a ripoff. End result I proved it wasn't bulb. It was their cheap ** built piece of crap Frigidaire. Nice con Frigidaire. I'm never buying Frigidaire anything anymore. Don't get conned by the cheap price tags by Frigidaire. I'll try Whirlpool fridge next. I know Whirlpool stoves ** but the fridges I believe is good. Landfills are saturated with these junk ** appliances. This really concerns me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

The Facts: Refrigerator manufactured 4/2018. Bought 5/12/2018. The sealed Freon unit developed a leak 15 months later. Paid $1000. Repairs would be $1200. Their online service line disconnected after I waited for ten minutes for a person. My Opinion: Frigidaire products are junk. This is what we get from Made in America? Shoddy products and little willingness to stand behind their products? Buy anything else, just not Electrolux or Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Makes 30 some odd different noises (even mentions them in the manual). Most of the LED readouts are out (had panel changed out twice). Drawers squeal when pulled out. Ice maker doesn't work half the time. Seems to need filters a lot. Just overall poor quality. Will never purchase another Frigidaire product.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I bought this refrigerator about 14 years ago - I have never had a single issue with it. I have had to change the filter twice, I don't think I will complain about that. Very pleased. Of course, if I could have gotten a better price, that would have been even better, but it was a great value.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My original refrigerator that came with the apartment was excellent besides needing a gasket. Management wouldn’t replace the gasket and gave me a smaller one. I would definitely purchase a better brand/refrigerator. When I can afford it, I will purchase my own.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Stopped running one time... My son restarted after about 30 mins, everything was checked, doors closed, etc. saw no problems! Hasn’t happen again. He pulled fridge away from wall, saw no problems, changed controls to coldest settings. After 30 mins started running. Fridge is 2 years old.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Ice maker has been faulty on all 4 I have owned. We have the model with freezer drawer on the bottom and water/ice in the door. The ice maker pops, knocks, etc. throughout the day and night. Everything else about the fridge is great! But they still haven’t perfected the ice maker situation.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

This refrigerator is awful. No matter what temperature I put the controls on my refrigerator always freezes my food. I have thrown away more good food. This has been going on since I got the refrigerator and Frigidaire will not do anything about it. It’s also not big enough for a family of 3. Way too small.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

The size that we originally wanted was smaller than the one we got but we paid the lesser price. The fridge has lasted 6 years and still going strong. It had more than enough room to accommodate our needs.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We've had our Frigidaire side by side with ice maker for over 15 years now and have only had to replace the fan motor for maintenance. We really like the door shelves. They are deep and can be moved to different levels. The ice maker works well with the exception of the ice falling back behind the maker-bin. This is the only negative I can come up with. We have been very happy with the Frigidaire brand and will look to it first when it comes to replacing or purchasing another appliance.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Prefer the side-by-side design. Foods are easy to access, temperature controls are excellent, good ice maker and water filter system. Only downside is door storage depth could be about 1" deeper. Easy clean surfaces.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I have purchased two Frigidaires in the last ten years. I will never buy another one. They do not last as compared to other brands. Both were on sale and cheaper than other brands. That was a mistake. There are deficiencies with the cooling systems as well as the ice makers. Once shame on you. Twice shame on me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Have had to have repair done. Ice maker doesn’t work right. Makes weird noises. And now the light inside is like a strobe light. Tried to look online to see if anyone else has had the same problem. They have, got it fixed only to have it not last. Never buy a Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

My Frigidaire French door refrigerator is everything it was advertised to be. It is quiet, maintains a consistent temperatures in both the fridge and freezer sections and the ice maker in the freezer really works. I highly recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Overall the refrigerator is what I wanted. The size is perfect for my 850 square foot condo. The temperature is even. There is enough room for the quantity of food that I need. I have one concern. I find that it's as noisy as the one I replaced.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I have used Frigidaire appliances for over 45 years and have never had a issue. I have had my present Frigidaire appliances for almost 20 years without an issue. Those include a stackable washer/dryer, refrigerator, and stove. I started out in 1971 with Frigidaire appliances in Coppertone. Loved them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I hate this refrigerator but for the record, I didn't choose it. The builder selected it. It makes clicking noises all day and all night long. Plus it sticks out too far past the countertops. I had to have it repaired within the first month of ownership. The water/ice dispenser area was leaking and water was dripping down the front. I am looking forward to replacing it with a counter-depth refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator looks great in my newly refitted kitchen. It does not dominate the space, looks sleek. I love that everything inside is adjustable so that you can stock it efficiently. The filtered water tastes good and refreshing, the ice cubes are a decent size, not like boulders! Excellent!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I wish I could recommend any Frigidaire appliance but I have come to realize my last 4 appliances were Frigidaire and they are junk. I am so disappointed that they claim they are USA made because that actually meant something at one time. After dealing with these piles of junk called USA made appliances, I will go to foreign manufactured again over choosing Frigidaire.

Not only that, their customer service reps will hang up on you and will blow you off when your appliances have not worked since you installed them just a few short months ago. My refrigerator was overfilled with insulation at the factory but it takes months to resolve and they won’t take responsibility for your food being ruined even though it’s a factory defect. Had I known how problematic they are, I would never have purchased. Even the appliance repair shop stated that Frigidaire cuts corners on quality. Again, not the “USA made” products we were used to in the past. Do yourself a huge favor and avoid Frigidaire like the Black Plague and don’t believe their marketing hype that they are a quality manufacturer.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

The refrigerator is great, but what's even greater is a chance to actually give feedback with no fear that I might slam you. Quite the opposite. Amazon is awesome. It's saved me a ton of money electrically. I just want to say thank you.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information