Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I’ve been using this Frigidaire refrigerator for 13 years; it was left in our home when we purchased it!! I think it’s 23 years old!! It has been a good refrigerator; We’ve not had any problems with it!! I would highly recommend Frigidaire to anyone and if I had to purchase a new one, that’s the brand I would get!! I also have a Frigidaire stove/oven and it’s the same age and have had no problems with it until recently the front burner stopped working so we replaced it and all is well!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My refrigerator is twenty one years old. It has never had a breakdown. I do not like the ice maker and it makes too much noise, so we discontinued using it a few years ago and just use the ice trays. However, my next refrigerator would be a Frigidaire based on how well this one has performed and keeps performing for us.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My father bought this refrigerator when he bought this house - about 15 years ago. There have never been any issues and it's still going strong. I hope saying that doesn't jinx me since I'm trying to sell the place and move on without more expense or hardship. It's the right size for handling drinks and foods, plus frozen stuff. It has an ice maker, but unfortunately it was never hooked up. I don't know what's involved to get that done, but it sure would have been nice to have!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have own three Frigidaire refrigerators and they have last me the longest. They are great quality refrigerators and they stay the temperature that I set it at. I love the space and all the compartments. I have owned a Samsung and I wasn't very happy with it because I had it less than a month and had to get a repairman out to fix it. My Samsung had a lot of problems with it. So when I got tired of my Samsung I went back to a Frigidaire and have owned it ever since.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

The wrong refrigerator was delivered to us but living out of a cooler wasn't working. We unfortunately accepted this pile of **. Won't ever buy a Frigidaire again or use the company. Loud & not easy to get items out of it. Next refrigerator will have the ice box on the bottom & a different name brand.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Keeps everything cool evenly and same with freezer - sometimes when the power kicks on you hear a little noise - but overall a reliable unit and it is used in over 100 apartments in the complex where we live.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Promising at first. But in less than 3 months, the plastic shelving in the doors started to crack. Which are very expensive to replace. The computer motherboard had to be replaced. The water dispenser stays frozen. Even when keeping the fridge at the recommended temperatures! The freezer and fridge door seals had to be replaced. The vegetable and fruit bins had to be replaced. I have color matching duct tape covering 4 cracks in the interior floor of the fridge. This thing sucks!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I love my refrigerator with one exception - the ice maker. Both the water and the ice are delivered by pressing the same lever in the door. I just press a different “button”. The ice flies all over the place instead of into the glass. The ice also gets trapped in the dispenser and melts into the door well and drips down the front occasionally. The ice maker also gets overfill and ice cubes fall into the freezer. It’s not a huge issue, but irritating and inconvenient.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Side by side Frigidaire. After warranty ran out started leaking Freon. Frigidaire basically said not their problem. A fridge should last more than 4 years. This also turned the vinyl flooring underneath it black from the heat.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

You get what you pay for. Refrigerator is fairly cheap, and will probably need to be replaced after 5-6 years of use. The temperature is inconsistent, the ice maker is loud, and it just looks cheap. I have had problems with freezer items defrosting, and with refrigerator items freezing both at the same time. I did not buy it, but it was new when I moved into this home.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I "inherited" my prior fridge when I bought my home in 2014. It was an LG with french doors and all the bells and whistles and manufactured in 2009, but unfortunately the compressor died and could not be repaired which meant an unexpected expense I wasn't prepared for. I went to Lowe's and got a great deal on my new side-by-side fridge from Frigidaire (which is the style recommended by my repairman) and with the low price offered, I was able to buy an extended warranty. So no more high-tech appliances for me and I advise you to keep it simple when buying a fridge. :)

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

This refrigerator has been with me for a long time, and it's still working well. It still keeps everything cold just like new. It's a little smaller than what you can get nowadays, but that's okay, as long as it still working great. And it might not be in style, but I don't care about that either. Great brand of fridges.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I like the fridge, but the water dispenser is too short for most tall glasses. It would be nice to have some sort of indicator for the water filter when it needs to be replaced. The size is ok but could be better.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

The one I replaced was a far better product. This new one is so fragile that moving it with a dolly causes the skin to ripple. It's noisy and doesn't dehumidify causing premature frost and freezer burn. Unable to find anything to match up to the older one I replaced.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

The refrigerator works well with its primary function: keeping food cold. However, most other amenities broke a lot during the warranty and extended warranty periods. Now they are non-functional, like through the door water, water filtering, broken doors and shelves that fall out every once in a while. Fortunately the ice maker continues to work, although the through the door feature that delivers ice had to be fixed 4 times during the extended warranty period. If it quits again, out the door with it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The ice maker never worked. Had it repaired at least 5 times. At least it was under warranty. Working now but I would not buy a Frigidaire again. The service people that came out tried everything until they got it fixed. I think the biggest problem is that the ice maker is in the refrigerator and not in the freezer. Bad design.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I love my refrigerator. It works great and looks great. It is a side by side. The only drawback is the ice maker is a little loud. It has quite a bit of room in both sides. 2 drawers in the refrigerator side and one in the freezer side. Otherwise I am very happy with it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The two issues that bother me most about this appliance is the fact that the ice maker will occasionally start crushing cubes of ice when it isn't supposed to. The ice dispenser is set on cube, but you get crushed. The other thing is that the freezer drawers/baskets don't fit on the guides like they are supposed to and they sometimes fall on one side or fall out of the drawer guides, which negates the purpose of a drawer. Other than those two things it works really well and has a nice aesthetic.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Was fairly inexpensive but wish I would have gotten a bigger size. Some of the drawers/shelves seem made a bit cheaply. Stainless steel door actually has some rust spots that began to appear at end of first year. Overall a good value for the price.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I purchased this Black Frigidaire Refrigerator 10+ years ago. I had little money or space therefore my only thought was to try and get not only the most bang for my buck but to match the other appliances in my kitchen. I am for the most part happy with the refrigerator. It matches well, works well. Never had to have it serviced, and keeps all the food at a great temperature. The only drawback and for me this is key, when you are observing a bunch of refrigerators in a huge store with so many others they all start to look the same in size unless obviously if it's a huge one.

But square footage can be deceiving because some have more in the main part and some in the freezer. We didn’t realize we had huge drawers in the bottom that quite honestly I barely use yet the freezer is miniature. We are big on freezing. If there is a sale on chicken or meat we like to freeze it. Our freezer is basically a non functional freezer for anything more than several frozen dinners, bags of frozen vegetables and 2 mini ice trays. It's frustrating for sure.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I had issues with the ice maker constantly and didn't know that they had a class action lawsuit. I understand that they continued selling this defective design for many years. Very disappointing. I won't be purchasing another Frigidaire or Electrolux product again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I love everything about my fridge. It looks good, it is easy to open, close & operate, and the perfect size for 2 of us! Also bright inside and easy to keep clean.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

We needed a side-by-side refrigerator that would fit our built in cabinets. We didn’t expect ours to last a long time based on reviews at that time. It’s now 15 yrs later and one move and our Frigidaire is still going strong.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Bought the Frigidaire in February 2019. The ice maker doesn’t work and the unit makes a constant electrical/mechanical sound. Two technicians and absolutely no results. Consumers should avoid purchasing a Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

This brand has been very reliable, is smudge proof stainless, which is awesome and the only thing it could use is a stronger seal on the freezer section. Sometimes, if it is shut too hard, the freezer pops open. Other that that, all my appliances are Frigidaire and I never have had a issue with any of them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The freezer is on top, 1 wire rack, has 2 height options. Difference of only an inch, I chalked that option up to a sales tool. Freezer door has 2 decent shelves the length of the door. The Refrigerator has 3 glass shelves, 1 small meat drawer under the top shelf, 2 vegetable drawers under bottom shelf (bottom shelf not adjustable. Top 2 shelves are adjustable. All the drawers and control knobs are plastic, cheap plastic. The meat drawer guides had broken within the first year and it's not an easy fix. The knob that controls the freezer temp broke shortly after, so to adjust the temp, we have to take all our food out, unscrew the panel in the back and what's left of the control knob try to guesstimate where the arrow was. Very awkward fridge, lots of wasted space.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

If it wasn't the most difficult refrigerator to clean I have ever owned I would have given it a perfect score. The drawer sections in particular, they don’t just slide out for easy cleaning, oh no! The entire component must be lifted out, drawer, upper shelf and box. I am 64 years old! Stupid design.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator that's side by side. I love it but the only thing I wish was bigger is the freezer part. It's hard for me to to put meats in or other things without taking them out of the box. Besides that, the refrigerator works great and does everything I needed to do.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

It was delivered with the wrong shelves, the main door did not seal fully, the appearances are good and also applies to the appearance of sturdiness. Overall it is a satisfactory appliance if one ignores the fact that I had to fuss with the doors adjustment and for a person obsessed by aesthetics the slightly misaligned doors could be a point to consider.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I've always had freezer on top. This is a side by side. Didn't think I would like it however, it is working great for me. The product was here when I moved in (it's a 1993). It passes the 'ice cream test regularly. :) I do not know the $$ for usage, however, it seems to be efficient. It's not like the latest 'smart energy' refrigerators, but I think it does an adequate job for the age. Haven't had any repairs needed.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information