Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator, and in a little over a year the ice machine broke. It would have cost about $400 to fix, or I was offered a 2 year extended warranty for slightly more than that, approx. $500. Now, my warranty is about to expire and somehow I still have a broken ice machine. I have had numerous different companies come to attempt to fix the thing, which is a massive inconvenience in and of itself. You have to schedule the appointment with the subcontractor, and they give you an 8 hour window of when they might be able to come.

Then they show up, stay for a few minutes, then say they have to order parts. This takes another week+, and the same issue with the scheduling comes up. My wife and I work full time, and it is borderline impossible to set aside all this time to wait on these guys to show up. Overall, there has been 9 separate visits of people showing up to either look at or attempt to repair the ice maker, and still no success.

Through all of that, you would think my warranty will still be ok, but no, since the companies that Frigidaire enlisted to fix my ice maker did not call in with the exact problem each time they showed, and it needs to be the exact same part replaced 4 separate times, my warranty is about to void. They consider anything working after 30 days a completely fixed product. This company is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Avoid at all costs. I never, ever write reviews for anything, this place is the worst.

We purchased a French door refrigerator in April of 2015. Before the 1-year warranty was up the ice maker went out. Purchased extended warranty until April of 2019. Have had it repaired 8 times. The last time I called in mad and was told I could cancel the extended warranty and they would prorate and send back part of what I paid for their junk warranty, so I cancelled. Called today and they say no refund and no more warranty because we cancelled it. BEWARE, do not purchase Frigidaire products. Look at their Facebook page and see all the horrible reviews on all their products and customer service.

Microwave sr# KG63405978 Model #FGMV175QFA - I replaced our GE kitchen collection (5YRS OLD) because I wanted to update to stainless. The Gallery Series looked nice so we bought the package. Had it installed, left town for 7 days, upon return used the microwave to pop a bag of popcorn. I used the popcorn setting to pop the corn. 3 minutes into popping the corn, my wife saw a blue glow in the back of the microwave. A hole had been burned in the back the size of a dime. After calling Frigidaire and telling them they had an issue, the proceeded to tell me it was my fault I've had many microwaves and this never happened. They won't cover a replacement. DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE ANYTHING. TEXT ME FOR PICTURES. You won’t believe it.

They have a bad product. Will not stand behind them and tell you they have a year warranty but will hide everything in the owner's manual that they don't cover after you already buy it before you can see the junk that you just bought. They need to be banned from selling this just in the United States. Need more American companies less junk.

Repair techs say there is no way to repair the ice maker in these refrigerators. There should be a recall and/or a replacement. No one should pay $2000.00 for an appliance that doesn't half work. The remedy is to power the unit off for hours until the ice melts (risking food contamination). This is highly unacceptable!!! Frigidaire Gallery FGHB2866PFGA Purchased: December 6, 2015 SEARS - (Greenbrier Pkwy) Chesapeake, VA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Purchased Frigidaire fridge in fall of 2016 freezer not working and The Brick sent out a new one same model, still freezer not working. The Brick would not look after problem and I had to deal with repair myself, numerous service calls and I still have a freezer that doesn't work, temp goes up and down between 5 and 20. Dealing with this for 7 months. Will never recommend this business to anyone nor this brand of fridge.

This refrigerator is a Gallery Refrigerator that I have had less than six months and the ice maker has broken twice already. Dispenses ice slowly when it does work and keeps freezing. This time it is broke and I have not got anyone to come out to fix it with multiple calls. I would stay away from Frigidaire refrigerators. Horrible service and terrible ice maker and water dispenser. The company is aware of the multiple complaints from people but has done nothing to remedy the situation so far.

Ice maker freezes up will not make ice. After long defrost period assisted by blow dryer... will work again. Have had for two years. After thawing keep using ice... This machine Loves to make ice... Lasts longer between thaws if you use ice abundantly!!!

Purchased the Frigidaire french door 27 cu. ft. 2 years ago. 13 months later the ice maker stopped working but since it was 1 month out of warranty, no luck under warranty. After several discussions, they agreed to pay for parts if I used their recommended service tech, which I was happy to do. Over the next year, the service tech was out approx 6-8 times, all due to ice maker freezing up. The last time, the service tech (very happy with their service ) talked to troubleshooter with Frigidaire and they agreed to send out an "add on" insulation kit as this was an obvious problem. The kit included extra insulation for the entire back and around ice maker.

There is no doubt this was a design flaw as this was an add on part and not a replacement. Well, the refrigerator worked fine until recently, and now the same problem. Frigidaire offered to sell me a warranty and I told them I do not want to put another dime into a defective product. Bottom line, I'm 62 years old and this is by far the worst appliance I have ever purchased. I would be very leary of buying this product. I am stuck with a lemon that is approx 2 1/2 years old. Not great situation. Thanks.

Just purchased Frigidaire refrigerator in Nov 2016. Model# FFSS2614QS6A. We have now had to replace ice maker. It has been making ice but after each use of the ice maker or the water, there was a loud knocking in the unit. The technician replaced entire unit stating that Frigidaire is aware of a flaw in the design where the heater is not getting hot enough to prevent icing up after ice has been made. He states he has replaced lots of them. He even had one on the truck as he already knew the problem. If Frigidaire is aware why aren't they correcting the issue? Sounds like a class action suit in the making to me. People aren't going to keep having these things repaired over and over. Frigidaire used to be a good product.

Purchased my Frigidaire refrigerator Model # FGHB2866PF Nov 2016, and I placed my first service call for the loud buzzing noise from the ice maker in Dec 2016. I was told by the technician that Frigidaire is aware of this problem. All I need to do is add this part and this will solve the problem. My second service call for the same issue the ice maker was in Jan 2017, my third call was in Feb 2017 and then again in March 2017. I now waiting on a kit to come in that was ordered. I have been without ice for almost 2 weeks. So I asked the representative on the phone, "Isn't four service calls a lot for the same issue." She said, "It is but until the technician tell us that it can't be fixed this is what has to happened."

I receive the extended warranty in the mail for an additional cost. I buy your product that has a known problem that the company is aware of and instead of doing a recall on these items you want me to pay you more money because we both know that this will be an ongoing issue. Well here's what is gonna happen before I give frigidaire another cent I will live without having a ice maker that works until I am able to purchase another fridge from a better company.

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in Dec 2016. It is March 21, 2017 I have had extensive issues with this refrigerator. It cuts off and defrost my food or the next day it freezer burns my food. I bought it from Badcock furniture. I have had several accounts with them and have so far been happy. Frigidaire has had service men come out and cannot seem to fix it. I want a new refrigerator. If I wanted a patched up one I would have gone to the second hand store. I will never purchase any thing with Frigidaire on it. Very unhappy. I will probably put it out in the yard and go buy something like a Kenmore - that name I can trust.

This is the second Frigidaire Refrigerator I have bought. First one lasted five years, and the second one won't last that long. Both have had ice maker problems! And both have had shelving that has fallen off the brace and cracked every time. Not one, not two, but every damn one of them. No, we don't slam our doors shut! It just seem to not be supported or they just done fit properly. I'm not looking for them to replace these brackets! I'm just saying you need to stay away from purchasing! They know the problem and they just don't seem to fix them on their new refrigerators. Same problems every new model. I don't understand why they just don't attach them with little plastic rivets!? This way you can take the shelving unit off. That would be too simple!

I bought a Frigidaire side by side fridge with an ice maker built into the top left. The freezer is on the bottom. The refrigerator was purchased in 2014. About six months in, the ice maker stopped making ice. I contacted frigidaire and had a tech come out. I was told that the ice maker was frozen and I would need to thaw out the refrigerator for two days to ensure that it dried out. What a pain, however this worked. Three months later, the same thing happened again. Again I let everything thaw out, and it made ice again. The third time that it happened, the warranty was expired, and unfortunately, thawing the ice maker out did not work.

Talk about a poorly made product! I have reached out to Frigidaire to see what other suggestions they may have, and have received a lukewarm response, with little else to offer. This is extremely disappointing considering the age and price of the refrigerator. The customer service was extremely poor and unapologetic as well.

I can't believe how cheaply made the crisper drawers are and the shelving. My top shelf used for larger liquids sags. There are only two of us in the house and it only holds milk water and some juice. Should be stronger than it is. The crisper drawer broke after one year. It costs at least $50 dollars to replace. What a joke it should be stronger than it is and for that price it should not break. This refrigerator replaced one that was 35 years old and never had anything break on it. What a shame that no one cares about quality anymore. Will never recommend a Frigidaire to anyone. Even the Frigidaire logo fell off!!!

I bought a side by side with a bottom freezer and let me tell you about it. It was made in 6/16 and I bought it in 9/16 and I have nothing but problems with it. My ice maker never made ice and when it did it only made 8 cubes at a time. I called to complain about it in January and they did nothing. I finally got a repairman to come out and he replaced all the parts that was able to. 5 times and finally got somewhere to have it replaced. I lost so much food and I got 3 daughters to support.

That have no recall on the light bulb melting the plastic above the light in the refrigerator. They gave me a repair name to call for a repair at my cost. This is a manufacturer deficit. My son has the same problem.

On Wednesday night March 1, 2017, we woke in the middle of the night to the smell of smoke in our home. When we walked into the kitchen the smoke was thick. My husband pulled the refrigerator out to find the under part of our refrigerator in flames. It's only 4 yrs old. Thank goodness we were home and caught it. We have pets and they could have burned to death in a fire. But then I think about it and I'm freaking out. What if we hadn't woke up. It was a lot of smoke. We could have died. I'm so upset and considering hiring an attorney. I contacted the company and have yet to get a response. If I don't hear anything back by Monday I will be contacting one. I purchased this in September 2012.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We bought we thought at the time the top of the line from Frigidaire their Gallery Line. What a nightmare with the upper ice maker. We have the French Doors with lower pull out freezer. The upper ice maker ice quits making ice and we have had the repairman out here 6 times including after the 5th time to replace it. This one quit making ice as well so the repairman brought out his hair dryer to unfreeze the fan which seems to be the problem. He was just here less than a month ago and it has stopped again. The ice cubes coming out before it quit were not fully frozen and in fact water was leaking from the ice maker dispenser chute onto the shelf of the refrigerator. Their warranty says they will replace with a brand new appliance if the technicians determine your is beyond repair. After 15 months of frustration I think we should ask them to honor their warranty.

Frigidaire side by side refrigerator model#FGHC2331PF. Have only a month and "Geek Squad" has been here twice to fix and still not working. The fridge side temps keep going up to 56* and down to 36* and the freezer side keeps going up and down to 14* C. Anybody have suggestions?

Purchased a side by side Frigidaire refrigerator with ice and water dispenser less than 4 yrs ago. I had to have it repaired twice. And tonight the house filled with smoke. The bottom back of refrigerator was on fire. Unplugged and made sure the fire was out. Now my floor is scorched and food is going bad. This has to be a safety issue and needs to be recalled ASAP.

We purchased all Frigidaire appliances for our home, we have had nothing but problems with the ice maker in the refrigerator. A repairman came out about six times and the last time he said all of their ice makers were having that problem (stops making ice). Frigidaire kept sending repairman until warranty is out and then they tell you there is nothing they can do. I will not recommend this brand to anyone. Their cost is not cheap and they have lots of problems that the company will not back up.

Our four year old Frigidaire refrigerator (Model # FFHS2622MS) started on fire today. If no one was home our house would of burnt to the ground. When calling company they were not concerned due to it being over a year old. In doing research many people are having the same issue. I hope people see this and do not fall victim to this known problem!

Updated 02/24/17: 2012 side by side refrigerator caught fire in the back compartment. In doing research I found numerous complaints of this happening. Corporate contacted me after posting video to their website and offered a "goodwill" replacement if I paid $225.50 and signed their gag order, send defective product to them and to not speak or share video. I feel they know there is a problem but do not want to address it correctly.

We purchased a Frigidaire french door fridge ($2000+) model #LGHB2867PF5 in August of 2014. We purchased a 3 year extended warranty. Within a couple months we had our first service call on the ice maker. We had another service call for the same issue (ice clumping/freezing and water pouring out onto the floor) 1/15, 4/15, 2/16 and again 2/17. The techs have all told us the design is flawed and replacing the ice maker is the only 'solution' (which actually doesn't fix the problem).

The Lemon Law won't be applied to this as Lowe's says the ice maker isn't covered in that part of a replacement clause. So, if I get this straight, the ice maker (which they don't consider part of the fridge) malfunctions over and over and over, but it's not eligible for a replacement fridge. How ridiculous. What's worse is that BOTH Lowe's and Frigidaire continue to sell a faulty product that they KNOW is faulty! We were also told that 3 service appts outside 30 days within one year qualified, but when we called to utilize it, the 'fine print' was read to us. Piece of Crap. Don't shop at Lowe's OR buy Frigidaire... they won't stand behind their products!

If I could give this review zero stars, I would. Where do I even start: bought a Frigidaire refrigerator and freezer in the Spring of 2016. We've only had problems with it. First, the shelves came chipped. We contacted Frigidaire so we could return them. Instead, they first wanted pictures of the damaged shelves. Like who's gonna contact you to replace damaged shelves for the heck of it. So we of course sent them pictures first, and then eventually they managed to send us new shelves.

Then, while all of this was going on, the temperature of both the freezer and fridge were out of control. They were too high. The freezer was in the positive degrees, and the fridge was almost in the double digits! So we kept calling Frigidaire and they finally sent someone to take a look. Every time the technicians came, they broke more things than they fixed. This continued on and off for ten months. They've come to "fix" our fridge and freezer a total of 6 times! And they still don't work!

Their customer service phone line closes at 6pm which is ridiculous. What if people have issues in the evening, like restaurants etc.? What do they do, have all their food and products ruined because no one at Frigidaire is there to pick up the phone? Everything from their customer service, to their products, to their technicians are all incredibly horrible. There actually isn't one good thing I can say about them. They first grab your money when you buy their products, and then the technicians keep coming every couple of months so they can grab some money for themselves too. They're all a bunch of crooks. Thankfully we are still under our 1 year warranty and cannot wait to get these two pieces of junk, both the fridge and freezer, out of here. As a warning to anyone who is thinking of buying any, any at all, Frigidaire products. Do yourself a favour and keep your sanity and your hard-earned money by buying somewhere else.

The refrigerator (Gallery side by side) itself is ok, but the ice maker makes the appliance far less than desirable. The ice maker makes too much ice which then overfills the ice container. Then the ice cubes stick together so that when you try to dispense ice nothing comes out. So you need to open the freezer, shake the container and hopefully free up enough ice to get the unit to dispense.

Often ice cubes get stuck in the dispensing chute. Then again, you need to open the freezer door and try to dislodge the stuck ice. Then when you again close the door and try again to dispense ice, more often than not a huge blast of ice comes out overflowing everywhere all over the floor. By the time you're done with all that and picking the ice off the floor. I've had service folks in and they tell me that this model is known for that and there is no fix other than to daily dump out ice from the container as it overfills. Really poor design. You're better off using old fashioned ice trays.

I bought a very expensive, and beautiful looking, fridge with water filter and ice maker built in. Unfortunately, after around 12 months, both the ice maker broke and the replacement filter arrived (which is also expensive from vendor) which was faulty. Trying to get through on the phone in a reasonable amount of time is impossible, so send an email which they claim they will respond to within 2 business days. They do respond, usually around 5 days each time, but use the opportunity to ask more pointless questions and not respond to original simple request. Now waited well over a month to get simple answer on a query, despite constant follow ups each week, and very disappointed with level of service. All the while, no longer able to use my water filter. Would never buy from this manufacturer again.

The ice maker failed after a few months of use. Repairperson repaired so I was told. Worked for about 8 months then failed again. As it was beyond a year Frigidaire refused to repair. Now after 2 years fridge will not maintain cooling temps appears it is not defrosting. One word to describe this fridge "Garbage".

I bought the Frigidaire Gallery kitchen package in September 2014. The items included the French door model #LGHB2867PF5 which I have just submitted my 3rd repair request through my protection plan from Lowe's. The issue is with the upper ice maker. First problem in March 2015, rear seal broke which allowed internal parts to freeze and break. Second repair January 2016, same problem. Third repair, February 4th, 2017, the upper ice maker Is defrosting and water is dripping out on floor. The word from Lowe's protection plan about the lemon policy is it has to break down 3 times in a year to have it replaced. My response was that would make it a POS not a lemon. I will only accept a replacement because the issue has been with the same part and has not been able to be fixed.

We purchased our refrigerator in January 2015. Stainless steel, double doors on top freezer in bottom drawer. Model #FGHF2366PF. The first repair came in December of 2015 with the water line to the ice maker freezing. We had this repaired several times, bought the extended warranty. The cold drawer is also freezing the contents. On 1/19 - our 7th repair, the entire icemaker was replaced. It stopped working the next day. The repair tech called Frigidaire to say it couldn't be repaired, they insisted on a second opinion. We had the 8th repair today, and a whole new icemaker was again installed. Customer service told me that if the service tech says it can't be repaired or the SAME part is replaced 3 times, they might replace the unit. The repair tech that was here today said when they call Frigidaire's tech help area they insist it CAN be repaired. I have read other reviews about this unit and they all say the same thing.

I would not recommend Frigidaire to anyone. We have lost countless hours of work to be here for the repair appointments, this product - after 8 repairs - is obviously a lemon. I bought a new Frigidaire range at the same time and had that repaired several times as well. I wish I had the reviews before buying this product. I hope my review can save hardship for other people. I'm ready to go to the Better Business Bureau. Very frustrating!

Compare Refrigerators