Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have a four year old Frigidaire French door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom (model no. FFHB2740PS1). The ice maker began to stop working intermittently. I replaced the ice maker and solenoid valve twice. The problem persisted. The last technician told me that there was a design flaw with this product that Frigidaire was aware of, and had a possible fix. That fix included a kit consisting of a foam insulation pad for the back of the unit plus several replacement parts for the inside of the ice making unit. I agreed to try the repair.

The technician installed this kit and the ice maker worked fine for about a week. Now, the inside of the ice storage is compartment is apparently too warm and the ice is slowly melting and then partially refreezing in the ice bin. I am getting water leaking out of the bottom of the ice maker and then freezing on the back wall of the inside of the refrigerator. In addition, the ice has once again stopped working. Apparently, there is no solution to this problem. The refrigerator has a design flaw that cannot be resolved. It's a shame to spend nearly $2000 on a refrigerator that is essentially junk after just four years. I would stay away from Frigidaire products as well as any refrigerator that has the ice maker in the refrigerator part of the unit. It needs to be in the freezer portion.

The brand is no longer what it used to be. That's what made me choose the brand. So disappointed in my model. Top shelf has water filter and another motor (vent) jutting out taking up much needed room on top shelf. It also freezes anything near the vent. Fridge makes so much noise all day. Ice maker jams often. Not enough inside shelf space for family of 4. Plastic shelves not strong enough to hold weight. I have broken shelves, (1) year. Freezer has one small bulb so cannot tell what's on other shelves beside top one. Too bad. So sad.

We purchased a new Frigidaire refrigerator for one of our apartments in July of 2016. The fridge was not able to keep food consistently cold, and things kept freezing and melting in the freezer. In July of 2017 we put in a service request. The service company that came, Suzur Electronics was terrible. They were rude and the technician reported that he had no idea what was wrong with it, but ordered some parts and came back and replaced them. He never told us when or if he was done. He just left.

The fridge was continuing to do the same thing, so we called Suzur back and they sent him again. He called the technician department of Frigidaire while at our home and they decided somehow that it was working fine. He did nothing. He said there was nothing else he could do. The next day the temperature was back up above 45 degrees again. I called Frigidaire and was told after being on hold for 20 minutes that because I had purchased an extended warranty from them over the phone recently, they would have to transfer me to that department, even though this repair was under the initial warranty.

Another 20 minute hold. They told me that even though Suzur Electronics said there was nothing else they could do, I would have to have ANOTHER technician come out to determine if it was fixable under the extended warranty! So we are waiting for a new person to come out to see if we can get the fridge repaired or replaced and they cannot come until the end of September. I will NEVER buy a Frigidaire again. Very poor customer service system. The actual person on the line was very kind and patient, but their system is atrocious.

I have a Frigidaire fridge. I bought on 2/27/2017. The wall in the freezer is not holding the shelves. First technician tried to repair it with silicone. Technician mentioned about epoxy glue in the shelves but I would have to take everything out turn my refrigerator off for it to be repaired on a new refrigerator. And the ice maker bucket is also broken. To say the least I am not happy with Frigidaire refrigerators and the warranty.

I purchased a new Frigidaire refrigerator at Ivan Smith on 3-3-15. In June 2017 I had to have a repair company come to my house twice to repair the refrigerator. The fan in the freezer had frozen up and was not able to push the cold air up to the refrigerator. I lost most things in my refrigerator. In August 2017, the fan froze up again and once again I will have to throw away most of the things in my refrigerator again. I called Frigidaire and they provided no assistance and could not tell me why my refrigerator fan kept freezing up on a 2 1/2 year old refrigerator. The girl I spoke to told me, and I'm not kidding, that they had no one at Frigidaire that could assist me with this problem. I then called Ivan Smith requesting their assistance with this problem. They provided no assistance either even though this was a fairly new refrigerator that I purchased at Ivan Smith.

I was talking to the manager at Ivan Smith. I called Ivan Smith back to let them know that the repair company they told me about would not be able to come to my house until 9-11-17. I was told the Ivan Smith manager was on the phone with a customer but they would have him call me back as soon as he got off the phone. He never even bother to call me back. I will NEVER buy another Frigidaire appliance nor will I ever give my business to Ivan Smith. I just returned home from purchasing a new $1,500 refrigerator since neither Frigidaire nor Ivan Smith were concerned that my new $1,000+ fairly new refrigerator was broken again for the third time. I would like to warn everyone to NEVER buy a Frigidaire appliance as they basically have no customer service to assist customers. If I could give zero stars for this review, I would have selected zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Our new Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator was installed 03/23/2017. My husband didn't want a Frigidaire product but I really liked the looks of this one and it was size we needed. We all have a tendency to buy and THEN when dissatisfied we look at the reviews. Well, we're having same problems as others with this refrigerator. Don't understand how Frigidaire is allowed to keep making these. Also, Lowe's is hurting their reputation by selling them.

My ice/water dispensers have not worked properly since the day my fridge was delivered. First, Lowe's did not install a cord for the water. They sold me a 5' cord, and it needed a 10' cord. So the delivery man threw it at me and told me to get a 10 foot, and to install it myself... "It's easy." I called for 3 weeks and they claimed they didn't have a 10'. Finally, talked to Lowe's Service Advantage and they had someone come out to install the 10' cord, but this man determined something is wrong with the fridge... It still didn't work. Again, Lowe's Service Advantage had their service repair people come out. They claimed they didn't have the part. They would return once the part was received.

It has now been almost 3 weeks and I can't reach this "Pliance Experts." I leave messages and they do not return my calls. I have had to call Lowe's Service Advantage again! At this point, I should have a new fridge! They said I do not qualify! I have to wait 5 more business days for follow up. All this to say... I will never purchase nor recommend Frigidaire anything to anyone ever!!!

We are very unhappy with our Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator model FGHC2331PF6. Not only does the ice maker underperform at making enough ice, but the ice it does make is larger than the hole for dispensing it, so it almost always gets stuck. Also the seal to the freezer door often pops loose when you use the refrigerator door, so you need to check that the freezer is still closed. It's a very annoying appliance overall.

On 10/26/ 2015, I purchased a Gallery 26 cu ft Side-By-Side refrigerator with single ice maker-stainless steel-energy star from Lowe's of S. Jacksonville, Fl. - model # FGHS2631 for $1,300.00, plus $120.00 for an extended warranty. I have been dissatisfied from day one and it gets worse each day. The ice maker is a disaster; ice gushes out like an avalanche and goes all over the floor; it makes crushed instead of cubes and clogs the opening which turns on the water that pours onto the floor.

In June 2016 a repairman came out for repairs but it did not help much. In July 2017 he came again and replaced the ice maker and a bottom drawer which never worked. Today, August 19, 2017, the cubes clogged up again then released cubes all over the floor and the water turned on and flooded the floor also (This happens often). I have called Frigidaire customer service and they said I had to deal with Lowe's because I have an extended warranty; Lowe's said the extended warranty is with – Best Services of America, Inc., so I have to settle with them. Again, all this increases my stress which I do not need. I desire to claim “Lemon Law” in this connection; I am 83 years old and caregiver for my wife of 62 years who has Alzheimer Disease and I can't deal with the problems of this refrigerator. I am also a Korean War Veteran with an honorable discharge. Please help me by allowing me to have a replacement refrigerator. Thank you so much.

We purchased three new Frigidaire appliances for our kitchen in 2014. 6 months into owning our Frigidaire Gallery Fridge the ice maker stopped working. For months we could not even get someone in to service it. "No one in the area that can handle the problem" frigidaire said. Finally someone came out, fixed it, a week later broken again... Since then we have had Frigidaire tell us that it is not their problem, not under their manufacturer's warranty. Hired and paid Sears who came out 4 times.

Today the ice maker still does not work, water does not dispense. Temp does not regulate, always warms up on both freezer and fridge. I have to continually drain water from the bottom of the top fridge, and the bottom freezer is full of ice on the wall in back of drawer. I have a "like" brand new fridge that I now have to discard because my food does not stay at the regulated temp. I have to continually reset to 3/32 and it does not stay there. I spent upwards of 3k new. I now have to buy a new fridge.

We purchased a new gallery Frigidaire on January 31, 2017 for our daughter's first home & we did not turn it on until May 1, 2017 when she moved in. On July 21st she called us saying it was not cold so sure enough it was at 43 degrees... called Frigidaire for service in our area (only 1 place of course) they were great came same day... needs Freon...??? Are you kidding me??? This is a brand new refrigerator... They cannot fix it so call Frigidaire again & their response "sorry it may be 3 business days before we can locate a servicer in your area..." No food... no problem... we will just hang until you can accommodate us Frigidaire... NEVER AGAIN & thankful for excellent customer service of LOWE's who stood by their policy of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

We purchased both a Frigidaire gallery refrigerator and stove. Less than 2 years and both LED's are not working. We contacted Frigidaire and they do not stand behind their products. We were told that they only have a one year warranty but they could schedule a repair appt for us but had no idea how much that would cost us. Save your money and go with a solid company that stands behind their products!

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator 2 years ago with extended warranty, thank God. Water drips continuously from bottom of freezer. Service came out and attempted to repair it. It got a little better. I was suspicious when the serviceman told me to push the door hard because it needed help closing. Now a few weeks later it is dripping water bad over all my food. There are dead ants in the fridge. This is costly and frustrating. We are both elderly and disabled and simply can't afford this. I can see that the seal on the door is bad. Hope they fix it or replace it this time. Would not recommend anyone purchase this product.

Purchased a refrigerator 2 years ago. Freezer never worked good. Now hardly working. Called the company and they were no help. I feel they should stand by their product. Instead they gave me phone numbers of people that will come and fix it, but I'll have to pay for it. I think something that cost so much should last more than 2 years. Will NEVER purchase this brand again.

After 19 yrs my Maytag refrigerator stopped working. It was a great refrigerator & never had a problem. I went to Lowe's as they had a sale and bought a Frigidaire 18 meter replacement. I should of returned it immediately as I could tell it was poorly made, the shelves were unsturdy but I live alone, am a senior & disabled so thought I will just keep it. I had bought three appliances that month not all on the same date & I got confused or I could of had it fixed or returned. Now it is 2 years old and all the plastic bars that hold in your items on the side doors are broken so I have white duct tape on all of them. Plus I have to keep a towel on top shelf as it leaks from the freezer. When Lowe's brought it over they did not even set the control buttons on normal settings, so all my ice cream melted & it caused a mess. The control button to the freezer you cannot change unless I get a blow dryer out as it gets frozen.

Everything about the refrigerator is cheaply made and now I have to buy a new refrigerator, my Maytag lasted 18 years with No problems. I should of bought an extended warranty but I have a home warranty but they won't cover it because it is made so poorly it is not covered under my policy. I have tried to call their customer service line and can't ever get a hold of them. I should of taken care of this last year but I have been ill and I only have energy to do the basics but today as I opened it up with the stinky towel I am fed up. I don't know if Lowe's might help me as I have spent thousands of dollars at their store. I bought this on 7/13 and it was broken at the end of June 2015, but I also bought a washer & dishwasher so I was confused on the dates. I realize it is not the top of the line refrigerator, however 11 months & it starts falling apart. I am on a fixed income and it was all I could afford.

The saleslady at Lowe's said she owned the same model as the one I bought and said it is a great refrigerator and I trusted her. I will take blame for not contacting them sooner but as I mentioned I have a chronic illness & was confused what date I bought it. You can argue it was my fault but seriously a refrigerator only standing up for 11 months is below standards. My Maytag lasted 18 years with no issues, but it wasn't made of plastic products.

I see I am not the only one that is complaining about their poor products so maybe we can get a class action suit against them for selling substandard products! If you could help me in anyway I would be so grateful. If Lowe's & Frigidaire would allow me a credit towards a new refrigerator I would be very happy. I have to replace it as the water keeps leaking and I am nervous about using a blow dryer inside my small freezer to change the settings as I know it is not a safe combination. I would appreciate any assistance you could offer me.

Within one week of purchasing our French Door Frigidaire refrigerator in July 2016, the ice maker was leaking. Since then, we have had a repair company out 10 times and the 11th will be tomorrow. After speaking with representatives from Electrolux for almost a year trying to get this resolved, I emailed the CEO and another bigwig whose territory is North America. I finally was offered a new unit with the stipulation that we pay over $200 for installation and delivery. This was a defect in their unit that was never fixed and we would be taking money out of our pocket to take our chances on another malfunctioning refrigerator.

After reading the other negative reviews and viewing a previous class action lawsuit, it is evident that the ice-maker defect was never fixed. We do not want to replace our defective unit with yet another comparable unit. We have been asking for a full refund, but the company refuses. I am appalled at the customer service we have received over this past year, and I urge anyone thinking of buying a Frigidaire appliance to spend your money on appliances from companies that actually take care of their consumers. What an eye-opening disappointment Electrolux and Frigidaire have been.

My husband and I thought we were buying a refrigerator that was the top of the line cause our last one we had was by Frigidaire and we had that one for over 12 years or more before it stop working, but the one we brought on September 10th 2016 has been giving us problems ever since we've purchased it. The smell coming from it is very very bad, we've had 7 technicians to come out to fix the problem but all has fail. Everyone that comes to our home smell it also. They say why don't they just replace it with a new one or take them to small claims court. They have a big hose coming out the back of my refrigerator and this not how we purchased it. I will never buy a Frigidaire product ever again.

Failed ice maker twice (Frigidaire FPHB2899LFB), failed condenser fan once, failed main control board twice! All after a year and a half. No help from Frigidaire because I did not purchase an extended warranty! Now sitting in the garage with no chance of selling even if I repaired! When I posted my comments on Facebook, Frigidaire was quick to respond with a contact number "so we can help!" What a joke! Made them look good but sorry, you should have gotten the extended warranty! I replaced with a Samsung!!! Sorry, I can't rate this a big Frigidaire ZERO. Don't buy!

Brand new Frigidaire Refrigerator broke after ONLY 4 years! It's my understanding that the average life of a refrigerator is 13 years. I bought a Frigidaire and it somehow got a puncture in the Freon line, which isn't even exposed. It turns out it's more cost efficient to purchase a NEW refrigerator than to fix this one! I am very disappointed in the life of this fridge and will not be purchasing another Frigidaire.

I bought this Gallery side by side refrigerator 11/16. I live by myself so the appliance gets gentle use. I had noticed a few weeks ago a large icicle was forming in the freezer in the area below the ice maker so decided to call Frigidaire as it is still under warranty. The person I spoke with told me multiple times it sounded like I was leaving the freezer door ajar. Please. I'm 67, I have left a door ajar, and this is not a result of that!

The appointment they gave me was today, July 6, anytime between 8 and 5 so around noon I decided to call Frigidaire to make sure someone was coming. Guess what? Their call to the repair company was rejected but they never bothered to check so no one is coming today! Now I'm supposed to wait until July 12. This is running water, folks! So I called Lowe's Consumer department who was a little more sympathetic but did nothing but confirm the July 12 appointment. Gee, thanks, Lowe's, won't buy from you or Frigidaire next time.

March 2016, my husband and I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator French door with the ice maker unit inside the refrigerator. Worst decision we ever made. The ice maker constantly dripped water into the small tray outside of the door. Had to have the ice maker replaced once already and had to have repair man come out again because there was so much ice buildup on everything that it quit working and now it has stopped again. I WILL NEVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE APPLIANCE AGAIN.

We purchased a Frigidaire Gallery fridge about 2 years ago. From the very beginning the water dispenser never dispensed cold water... It was room temperature. Within 6 months the display no longer displayed all of the characters so it is hard to read the display. The grill at the bottom of the fridge broke off. The ice dispenser requires a lot of patience. The ice maker in the freezer itself doesn't shut off despite the arm lifting to alert the fridge to stop making ice. The fridge has started to make strange noises that weren't there before. For a fridge that cost us almost $2,000 I expected way more stability than this piece of crap has. I'll NEVER buy another Frigidaire product again...

I purchased at Home Depot Online Store, one (17 Cu. Ft. Manual Defrost Upright Freezer in White) in April 4th - for an old lady - she received May 2nd. Then found out it is not working. The technician came to check it out, the gas was missing from the unit. Received another one, and the second one is also not working. Everything I put it there went soft/ wrong! Called them I would like to return. They said there is no return just the technician will come out. I do not understand why I cannot return the unit if it is manufacturer default. Why should I keep it for over $800 if it is not working?

DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE - Have a 11 month old top of the line gallery refrigerator. Quit working, still under warranty by one month. Report to Frigidaire customer service, they schedule repair service - 5 days wait. Shows up doesn't have capability to fix it - catastrophic failure of sealed system and compressor. Call Frigidaire customer service back. They schedule another repair company - another 5 days wait. Shows up today, yep you have a catastrophic failure of the sealed system and compressor. He can fix it, but doesn't have parts - another 5-7 days he says. Frigidaire customer service unsympathetic and dysfunctional - they knew what was wrong but didn't tell the 2nd repair company. They knew the first company doesn't have capability to fix everything, but send them to anyway. No "we're sorry", no offer to help anything. Asked for customer service person's name and was disconnected.

I will never buy Frigidaire product again. Refrigerator was used in one person adult household. Low careful use on Frigidaire model FFHT1826WL0. Shelves break inspite of light careful use. Frigidaire must be making a bundle selling replacement door shelf parts.

Bought a brand new stainless fridge less than a year ago. Within the first TWO MONTHS it started making really loud noises and within a day of that, the fridge stopped working completely. Lost all our food. Called Frigidaire (who seemed to care ZERO) they sent a repairman who said this happened all the time with Frigidaire. After several visits and trials from this repairman, fridge started working again. Fast forward 3 months later and the exact same thing happened again. Lost all our food. Frigidaire sent same repairman. He came once and tried something which did not work. Came back with another part and fridge started cooling again.

And now here we are 4 months later and the same exact thing has happened again. Lost ANOTHER fridge full of groceries (we have 2 kids so fridge stays stacked) and have to coordinate meeting the repairman multiple times. I feel like we should invite this repairman to Thanksgiving this year as he is like family now. But Frigidaire on the other hand, you can suck it. Never ever evvvverrrr again will I buy anything from you, and neither will I let anyone that I know make the same mistake I did. Huge waste of time and money and they just don't care at all. This fridge is still under a year old and should be replaced but they will not do this. Horrible all around experience and product and service.

I just wanted to warn you should you be considering purchasing any Frigidaire or Electrolux products - that they have really gone downhill and would advise you NOT to purchase. Some facts below; Purchased: Frigidaire Counter Depth Stainless Steel for ~ $2400. Attached I have listed all the labor and parts replaced (items in red were replaced numerous times, Frank's Electric actually comp’d me on the ice maker a 3rd time as well as other parts). Total spent on repairs so far nearly $1700. Early this month, the ice maker and the water dispenser (interface board) failed again AND the back of my fridge is a block of ice due to poor insulation, a known defect. To make this refrigerator 100% operational, it would cost me another $200 minimum in labor + the ice maker $125, the interface board $$160 and valve $95 or another cash outlay of $603.75.

Tom at Frank's Electric has been good and shamefully comes back for the work. He says I have a lemon and that if he continues to replace these parts over and over again, they will continue to fail. I have not issue with Frank's Appliance. However, when dealing with Frigidaire/Electrolux – they were painfully polite and ABSOLUTELY NOT willing to do anything but give me 30% discount on more replacement parts! So bottom line, DO NOT purchase this brand or for that matter, Electrolux as they are part of the same company. To think I choose not to get the default fridge from my builder and instead went with this “upgrade”. They resolution to the problem, continue to invest in replacement parts with a 30% discount on the parts. Illogical and pathetic.

Side by side refrigerator - Problem after my son fell after having surgery a few months because we woke up to the water running out of the ice maker for the 3rd time and he slipped because the water was all over the floor and now the refrigerator side has stopped working and the representative said that couldn't get a service request until Monday June 19, and I asked about my items that can spoil and the representative said to put it on the freezer side and I said, "Milk and fruits. That's ridiculous." I am sure that will say again that I didn't call in because they are always losing my appointments and sending inexperienced technicians. I have had numerous problems after purchasing the item within only one month and they wouldn't replace and they only want to keep patching it up and the item is not a year old yet. I am frustrated due their negligence and lack of concern.

Bought a Frigidaire Gallery fridge & it worked great for 2 months producing ice. Then it started producing little by little until it quit. Called & the repair company knew just what to do as Frigidaire is known for faulty icemakers. They had to order a new ice maker on the market they have been replacing in all the Frigidaires. Imagine that a company selling a faulty product & knowing it! Repair man came a second time to install the new unit & discovered this fridge already had the new one in place. Must be bad so he replaced it. A cube here, a cube there so we called a third time & he did a diagnostic test & everything checked out perfect.

He called in & whoever was on the other line gave some pretty stupid advice - tell them not to open up their fridge for 3 days! Ridiculous & impossible! The fridge is not opened all night & still doesn't produce ice. Buying this fridge was a mistake even though the fridge itself works great but then again no ice maker. Still in process of trying to get this resolved.

Just bought a refrigerator & dishwasher in Dec 2016. My ice maker is so noisy it wakes me up at night. Ice maker has to be turned off manually. When you open the bin to get some ice, it's so full it spills out all over the floor. Repair man came said there's nothing he can do. Called me two weeks later & said he had a new part that would take care of the problem. When he got here the part wouldn't go on. He called Frigidaire & they told him it only worked on a back mount ice maker not a side mount. Company said there's nothing they can do. Told me to bag the ice or throw it in the sink.

Cups come from the dishwasher with runs dried down the sides. He told me the water wasn't hot enough. He set the temp up on my water heater. No change. My glass mugs were clear before I used this dishwasher. Now he's telling me my cups are old or I have hard water. The runs won't come off. I think they're baked on the cups. These appliances are junk. Wouldn't ever consider buying another Frigidaire product. I bought them because my original appliances were Frigidaire & lasted 20 yrs. Now made in Mexico. They're crap!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.
  • Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.
  • Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.
  • Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.
  • Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.
  • Best for Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Compare Refrigerators