Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

This is the only brand new refrigerator I have purchased in my life and by far the worst purchase I have ever made. I have owned the refrigerator for approx 2 years -- within the first year, the service technicians came out 3 times because it was making really loud noises and also a gurgling sound. Each time, they told me the noises were normal. I have recordings of the noises -- which almost sound like a gunshot. Also, 2 of the drawers broke - the wheel snapped off completely on one side of each drawer. When the service technician came out for the first drawer, he had to purchase a new drawer, and left it on my doorstep.

Since I do not know how to replace a refrigerator drawer, nor should I have to, the drawer is sitting in my basement. The second drawer broke shortly after the first. Not only this, but my food is freezing -- an entire jar of pickles, my produce - an entire bunch of asparagus, a fennel -- solid ice (in the refrigerator). Frigidaire tells me this is all normal and refuses to do anything to remedy the situation. I am concerned the refrigerator is a fire hazard. I am very upset and frustrated.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I really wish I had come here before purchasing my refrigerator from Frigidaire/Electrolux. Almost 2 weeks ago my fridge stopped cooling and was making a loud sound. I googled what the problem might be and then called electrolux because the fridge was still under warranty thankfully. The first time I called, on a Monday, they failed to mention to me it would be 48 hours before I could even call and arrange a time for a technician to come in. Managed to get technician to come in on Wednesday. Technician tried replacing starter but by that afternoon it was back to not working. Was told a part needed to be ordered and technician would be back Monday or Tuesday.

The fridge was determined to be unrepairable. Electrolux tells me they cannot process possible replacement until they have the report from technician. Technician shows up on Wednesday and submits the report. Thursday I call and am told the back office is the one to decide if we are eligible to get new fridge and it will take 3-5 business days. I am then told I won't get a call from Electrolux, I must call them to see if they are replacing my fridge. If they decide to replace my fridge then I will have to schedule a delivery date. Who is to say they even have a fridge in stock. It's at the point where I don't think I'll see a fridge for at least another 2 weeks so over a month without a fridge. I just can't believe the customer service, constantly making me call and sending me in circles. Zero compensation for lost food or inconvenience of not having a fridge for over a month.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I purchased my refrigerator the Gallery series for countertop size in January of 2021 and it arrived in February of 2021. Well it's August of 2022 and water was leaking all over the floor from the freezer side. I pulled out the bin and the ice tray that holds water is hanging down. The left side of the ice tray is warped and will not fit in the spot to sit up so the water doesn't leak out. The bar that is supposed to move to allow the ice tray to dump does not move at all. I called frigidaire and they state it's outside manufacturer warranty time frame of one year. They wanted $106 to send a technician to do a diagnostic. I refused. I paid over $1300 for a refrigerator that hasn't last a year and a half and I should not have to come out of pocket for something that is obvious a manufacturer defect. I will never purchase Frigidaire again.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I had the ice maker completely replaced 4 months ago only to have it break again. The Frigidaire serviceman charged me another $85 on top of the $500 or $600 he’d already charged and said if it still didn’t work, he’d have to look up the cost of some part. He wasn’t out of the parking lot before I called him to tell him it was still broken, but he never answered the phone nor did he respond to 3 other calls. He finally called after an insulting text I sent to his now disconnected phone to tell me I was very disrespectful to send the text. Too bad! I’m left with finding and paying yet another repairman who no doubt will want another $600 to replace the ice maker yet again. I’m done with Frigidaire!

Original review: July 8, 2022

I purchased my fridge on 03/06/2022. After having it for a couple weeks we noticed it wasn’t making enough ice to even cover the bottom of the ice bin. I called Frigidaire and they sent out a technician who said there was a recall on my ice maker but it was on back order, 2 months later I received not 1 but 2 ice makers in the mail so technician comes out for 2nd visit and replaced the ice maker. 1 day later the green light shuts off and will not turn back on. I call Frigidaire technician. Comes out 3rd visit. Replaces ice maker again. 24 hrs later only dumped 2 trays of ice. Call Frigidaire technician. Comes out 4th visit. Orders control unit. Part comes in. Technician comes back out. Replaces control unit. Still not dumping more than 2 trays in 24hr period. Called Frigidaire.

Appointment scheduled for today 7/7/22 between 8-5. Wait all day and at 3:12pm receive message that technician has arrived. Look outside no technician. Call Frigidaire. While on hold for almost 30 minutes I receive a message that service call is completed. Then Frigidaire answers phone and after checking my account tell me another ice maker was ordered by technician who never showed up and wasted my whole day. Frigidaire doesn’t seem to care or understand that each time I take a day off from work it cost me 182.00 times that by 5 service calls and my fridge still is not fixed.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I am so ashamed of myself for purchasing such a horrible refrigerator. It's a gallery series. Why in the world would you make ice cubes bigger than the dispenser can handle? That is exactly what they have done with this refrigerator. Also it plugs up constantly and then it will shoot out ice cubes like crazy and you have to open the door to stop it. Also the bar that goes up inside the freezer in the ice cube department does what it wants when it wants. My ice cube bin is never full. It seems like it will make ice for a couple of hours and then stop for a couple of days. This has happened from day one when we first got the refrigerator.

I don't have the time nor the patience to call a repairman nor should I on a brand new refrigerator. The first one that we got was damaged. It was dented on the front doors. Where we got it from made it right by sending us another one. We were in process of remodeling the kitchen. So by the time we got everything perfect to put our refrigerator in its spot time had passed. I guess the moral of this story is, Frigidaire is truly a crappy product. I should have spent the money and got a better brand. Every time I have to get ice out of my freezer that stupid tiny little dispenser for those really big ice cubes I get so angry. Save yourself the headache. Buy a different brand.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Our brand new fridge in a brand new condo DIED WITHIN 6 MONTHS. It has been 2 months, we still cannot get our fridge replaced. I moved in to this brand new condo with all new appliances (FRIDGE, OVEN, MICROWAVE, AND DISHWASHER) all from Frigidaire. Our new fridge died in less 6 months, we lost our food and everything that was inside the fridge.

As soon we realized that, I contacted my landlord who immediately contacted Frigidaire at 800-265-8352. They told us they will send a technician. After 2 weeks of waiting someone came in and told me your fridge has gone bad, call them (the Frigidaire people) again and tell them to replace your fridge. The technician said that he himself will send a report. The technician said that he has sent the report.. guess what the Frigidaire people said they did not receive it. We kept calling until they said that they received the report.

The Frigidaire team said that they will have to another (A SECOND) technician... guess what after another 2 weeks !! same thing, the fridge needs to be replaced. Mind you, all this time we do not have a fridge. We kept calling, anytime you want to speak with customer service, you have to wait in line between 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. The customer service refused to pass through their supervisor. Every time we call there is another story.

Over two weeks ago (Mid of May), we were told the problem has been resolved. Funny.. we still don't have a fridge. I called again last week beginning of June, they said we have the Brick, the customer agent (he said his name is Gen) gave me a wrong numbers (** & **) and told me to call The Brick. Both numbers took me to a different service. The lady was kind enough and told me to Google The brick number which I did. The Brick team told me they did not receive any confirmation from Frigidaire People. I called again today, June 7th, same thing. Take this number call them ... I told the customer agent that IT'S not my JOB to CALL the Brick. He (customer agent) asked the Brick number I told him to Google it himself.

In Summary, DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE APPLIANCES. Not only it will die in less than a year, they will not repair or replace it for you if your appliances die. We still do not have a fridge - and it has been over 2 months. I do not know what to do anymore.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I have had my Frigidaire for 5 months now and the ice maker has not worked properly since we have purchased it. The repair man came out and told us the ice machine needed to be replaced and that there was a recall on it. Regardless I have a new fridge that has an ice maker that doesn't work. I have called customer service 5 different times (each about an hour of my time) and I have gotten nowhere.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Noisy from day of purchase. Refrigerator freezer does not defrost and the refrigerator part does not cool after just 16 months. Extended warranty repairman cannot be scheduled for 8 days. Paid 985 dollars at Lowes in OCT 2020. Hope the extended warranty takes care of this--but should not have to wait for 8 days for a repairman.

Original review: March 5, 2022

CAS is knowingly selling defective merchandise and Frigidaire continues to sell defective product. Within hours of plugging in our new Frigidaire refrigerator it started making a ridiculously loud "buzzer" sound and would go off every couple of hours.

>We found out CAS is aware of Frigidaire's having this issue but continue to sell it; no warning.
    >CAS has a returns policy in place that doesn't allow returns of defective products. CAS removes themselves from customer responsibility and puts it on the manufacturer, "the process is for you to have the manufacturer send a technician...".
    >No offer of refund or exchange.
    >We have asked for a refund every day and have been denied.
    >Provide minimal communication - email only; 1 call back and no CAS escalation process.

>Leaves us, our kids, with no refrigerator 5 days and counting.

Frigidaire author review by Sandy Baker

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information