1.60/5

1136 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Our refrigerator came with our new home purchase. We are two years in. Any Frigidaire item we have including our stove and oven is bad craftsmanship’s. The fridge has cracking inside now against the back wall. As well we have cracking on the left side. The ice machine, always makes an odd noise, kind of like an old fashioned popcorn machine. The oven which this is not about is scratched, the black top had to be cleaned everyday and now has stains in it. I get we use it, however, all my neighbors having Frigidaire units have same issues. Overall, the products they make are of poor quality and the warranty a joke. Never again buying anything they make.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire model FFHS2312NS2 5 years ago. No issues until the motor caught fire yesterday 10/18/18. Good thing I was home. The warranty expired and Frigidaire was not concerned. The overall experience was enlightening but I will never buy another product from Frigidaire.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Purchased the entire Professional series of appliances, refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. Within first year, the freezer started making a loud buzzing noise. Called for warranty repairs and it was taken care of, we thought. A year later, the same problem. This one was now on us for repairs, so we had it done by a service company we had known and used in the past.

When they arrived, the tech said "Oh no, they have had many problems with this model. There was a lawsuit and settlement. Bad design." We had it repaired ($259.00) and called Frigidaire as suggested by the repair tech. Have had nothing but a runaround. Told it was our own fault because we had not purchased an extended warranty. It's now one month later, and we have the same problem again. Don't see the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty to pay the people that didn't make it right in the first place. This used to be a quality company that stood behind their products. That is no longer the case. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator and after 5 months it stopped working. I called the customer service number. They told me they did not have to cover anything but would send someone out as “a nice gesture”! Huh?! They send 4 different techs out who had no idea what the problem was. This was 2 months ago. Still not working. They told me to fight it out with Best Buy. Even the manager from Best Buy called on our behalf. The customer service rep hung up on him. Twice! I have lost so much food and not to mention time off from my job when their incompetent techs come. The one tech told my husband, and I quote, “if you swear at all, I will leave. I am not slow to swear so neither are you.” Huh?! This is my house. They have the worst customer service reps, the worst techs and the worst products. Buy anything but Frigidaire!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I just would like to share my bad experience of Frigidaire refrigerator model FFTR 1821TW and in dealing with its services. We bought the new fridge from Home Depot for our tenant and was delivered on August 10, 2018. Perhaps just was our bad luck or inferior quality, after one month use, the new fridge suddenly failed to cool down. Our tenant complained to us that entirely load of food was spoiled and had to be thrown away. But we didn't know to get it fixed was nightmare! After several calls to the service, we got our first appointment on September 25. The technician come down to inspect the problem. He identified that fan in the fridge failed to work properly and told us that he needed to order the new part and come back again.

We waited for one week, finally came to the appointment date on October 5. Our tenant took leave and waited at home, but nobody showed up. We called the customer service, the representative told us the technician had come and there was nobody at home. This was not true, our tenant was at home and waited for entire morning! Given the my tenant difficult situation without fridge, we had asked if it would be possible to have appointment earlier and got negative response. After several back and forth negotiations, we finally got an appointment on October 11 between 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.

My tenant took leave again and waited, but nobody showed up again. We called the customer service to complain but were told the technician would be late. Nobody called us for this delay. Now the tenant asked us to reimburse their food cost and tension between my tenant and us! Imagine what a big mess for our tenant living without refrigerator for more than 2 weeks and our frustration, troubles and difficulties dealing with customer services for repair. Thanks God we finally got it fixed today but we did know how long it will last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

After saving my money for a long time, I purchased an 18 cubic foot refrigerator at Lowe's in April, 2018. The day I got it I heard popping noises coming from the freezer unit. I notified Lowe's and they referred me to Frigidaire. My nightmare had just begun. They have sent 3 different service companies out to my house over the past 6 months. All say the popping noises are normal. I have stacks of papers detailing my phone calls to Frigidaire. All of them stressful, frustrating and never leading to a resolution.

I told them I wanted them to come get the refrigerator and give me my money back. So far they have not. I am unable to sleep at night because the popping noises wake me up. My old 18 cubic foot Frigidaire refrigerator never made a noise or bothered me in the fifteen years I had it. I am so sorry I thought I needed to get a new one. They are not making this unit the same as they used to. It is not the same product anymore. I wish I would have known that before I made my purchase. Disclosure is needed to protect the consumer. Put a sign on the unit in the store stating "This unit makes excessive noise and may keep you awake at night." I will never buy another Frigidaire product because they do not care about me as a customer. They have put me through one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Home purchased with a new Frigidaire Refrigerator. Eight repairs later, still makes Popcorn sound. Ice maker is off, and this is only when compressor is running so not defrost cycle. According to Electrolux tech support this is normal. Perhaps I have idiot stamped on my head.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Less than two years ago we purchased a small Frigidaire refrigerator (Model #FFTR1821QB9B Serial #BA70710819) at the local Lowe's. We were going to be gone for an extended time, so we unplugged it to save power/electricity. Upon our return and plugging it in, the freezer worked fine, but the refrigerator did not function properly. Of course we didn't find this out until the salmon I purchased two days earlier began to reek. Come to find out that the blower fan motor went out... $300! And of course our 2 yr old refrigerator had a 1 yr warranty. There is no excuse for a major appliance not to last 5 yr or longer without major issues. I will not buy Frigidaire nor any other Electrolux product in the future. I'll buy American instead.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

New fridge and prior to 2 Years it stops cooling. Call Frigidaire and they refuse to help. I persist to speak to management. They refuse, will hang up on you or transfer you to a dept whom isn't management. The girl who answers the 1-888 # is rude and will give you attitude. I've never left a review in my life and am in complete disbelief at the lack of caring and 0 help. The only way you can get help is if you take a Certified Frigidaire course so that when you have a problem (and I guarantee that if you buy a Frigidaire you will) the certified technician calls the helpline. Technician give Frigidaire his Certified #.

A Tech at Frigidaire will tell the tech you are paying what to do and what to replace. A complete scam. A rip off. Corporate Greed at its best. NONE of the information you need to do it yourself is made available online. Frigidaire will ONLY give the certified Frigidaire tech another technician. (If it's a compressor issue you need to legally be a Certified A/C guy). Any other problem with the fridge you can legally do yourself, but Frigidaire deliberately prevents it for no other reason than a money grab. If you should decide buy a Frigidaire product be sure you keep an additional $3,000 in your budget to spend in the next 2 years on another product that is NOT Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Two times within 13 months my Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator showed the display of "SY EF" and then broke down. Both the freezer and refrigerator portions stopped working and I lost all food items. I have had an extended warranty contract on it since I bought it in 2015. When I called for service, on both occasions, I had to wait over a week for a contracted repair person to obtain the parts in order to repair it. On the first occasion, I email the President/CEO in Switzerland. I never even received a reply. This time, I emailed the President/CEO in North Carolina. His secretary called me to say they will not provide funding for the cost of lost food items. She also told me that since I had only purchased my extended warranty contracts for one year at a time, the two breakdowns would not even be considered. Each incident was on a separate contract. She demonstrated no concern or compassion towards the expense or frustration.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Three service calls made for wildly fluctuating fridge and freezer temps, inoperative cooling fan motor, temp sensor, inoperative ice maker, ice maker leaking, ice maker freezing. No help from the Frigidaire company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My frustration is that I could not find a single doored fridge that opens on the right side (hinges on the left). Yes, I am 100% sure my door is not reversible, contacted Frigidaire and they advised the same. Seems like this is the new trend with single door fridges. I purchased a fridge that has no ice or water dispenser so no special connections in door, but still I cannot reverse the door. I googled lots of different brands and they all seem to have the same issue, yes this is an issue. There is no choice of which side you want your door to open when purchasing. My whole kitchen is on the right side, my fridge opens to the wall and the door hits the granite countertop Island because it opens the wrong way.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Thumping noise from day 1. Frigidaire sends tech out. Tells me there is no problem and the noise should go away. Offer extended warranty. Why buy one when my problem wasn’t fixed? Unit died within 2 years of new purchase. I never had a refrigerator before that needed any kind of servicing. But this lump of crap made noises from day one and the Frigidaire contracted service guy says it’s not out of the ordinary and will probably go away... Nice... In addition to the noise the door seal had to be glued back in place a number of times. My recommendation... Stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Don’t buy Frigidaire. Have had ice maker worked on 3 times in 1 year. Now again just OUT of warranty. Frigidaire won’t stand behind an obvious design flaw. When I called was told it wasn’t covered. When I said I wouldn’t ever buy Frigidaire again was told that was fine by the customer service rep. Well I won’t and I will make it a mission to deter anyone I know from buying Frigidaire product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Frigidaire FFTR202ITS0 purchased February 2018, Windsor Tepperman’s started making popcorn noises in the first week each time the fridge clicked on to cool, noise has now graduated to a full several minute long KNOCKING at the door. Loud sound accompanied by popping sounds. I've spent over 40 hours in the past 4 months on the phone, sending emails and meeting with 4 different repairmen and each time Electrolux keeps saying they want another opinion despite the repairmen informing the company the fridge needs a compressor and seal replaced at an expense greater than just exchanging the 5 month old fridge Electrolux had refused.

This is an open concept house. The fridge wakes us up several times during the night. Imagine spending a 1000.00 for the privilege of being woken up nightly for over 5 months and Electrolux refuses to exchange the fridge. Please don't purchase Frigidaire, for a few dollars more and peace of mind run, don't walk to the next brand. Most horrible product experience we've ever experienced and it’s still NOT resolved.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We bought a french door gallery Frigidaire about 2 1/2 yeas ago and had issues from day one with the ice maker. They came out to fix it 5-6 times. We did not have ice for almost 6 months. Then in the back of the fridge part under the pullout drawer, ice started to build up. I broke the ice away, melted and did this a few times.

So what is happening is that the ice maker is leaking in the back and the vent from the freezer is freezing the water and building up in the vent. They came out again, looked and it and said that they would have to charge us because it was out of warranty. They then offered to give us 25% of a new one, then I complained about that and they went up to 50% off. They said that they would send out a letter for this "wonder" deal that they were giving us. Never received the letter. The ice maker has not been working properly from day one and their customer care sucks. I would not recommend these products to anyone. Them knowing that our ice maker didn't work from day one, they should have been on top of this. I am writing this review late because I am upset because I had to defrost the freezer with my shop vac. DON'T BUY A FRIGIDAIRE EVER.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

For the first year having the fridge it was fine. Some of the plastic holders for condiments are starting to crack. Ice machine gets stuck every once and awhile. Overall ok. This last week the Frigidaire gallery model # fghs2631pf4a lit itself on fire in the middle of the night. The fire department put out the fire and we had a repair man come out to see what parts it is that lit the fire. It was the start device and the start capacitor located near the compressor. I called to let Frigidaire know that their fridge had lit on fire. Since there are no recalls currently and my fridge is over a year they said they just could do nothing and didn’t care for the information. So if you buy Frigidaire realize they don’t stand behind their products nor care if they are safe in your home.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We bought a French door refrigerator, electric range & microwave 4/2014. Fridge tag shows mfg date 4/2014 in Mexico, fast huh? My husband bought the extended warranty, something we never do, but a good thing for this junk. The refrigerator was so loud & made a clicking noise (everything that happens I video/audio with my iPad). 1st service call: they have a foam panel UPSed to me for the back of the unit & a new top ice maker. That was installed at the 3 month mark. 2nd service call: noise & water leaked on my new wood floor, a 2nd top ice maker installed & lots of silicone. Due to leaking & the awful noise I have now had 6 service calls, 5 top ice makers, 1 bottom ice maker repair.

The bottom works fine, the top has stopped completely so no ice or water from the door. I have had 2 service calls on the slide in range. Both times because of an awful clicking noise that turned out to be the fan not stopping. Wasn't sure if the house would burn down or not so I would turn off the breaker when we left home if I had used it that day. The microwave has had 2 service calls to replace circuit boards & lights. Also the fan works but it still doesn't draw steam or smoke out. An Uncle owned an appliance store several years ago before his death & Fridgidare was a top brand. He is dead & so is this company's product. Never again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Frigidaire Gallery model is terrible, on the 3rd replacement, first one didn’t work. 2nd one came damaged, and third one same problem as the first! Awful. Just awful! Frozen water bottles in fridge part and ice build up!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We purchased a new Frigidaire model# FFTR1P2ITB refrigerator from HOME DEPOT on July 26, 2018. It was installed by idiots that HOME DEPOT had subcontracted. It was installed not leveled according to Frigidaire's manual, I had to level it and straighten the crooked ice maker. 12 hours later we noticed frost building up in the freezer. We immediately called the Frigidaire 1-800 consumer number. They said they would send out a repairman in ONE WEEK, meanwhile food is spoiling. He brought his "magic silicone sealer", he applied it around the freezer door gasket. That evening frost was building up again. We called HOME DEPOT, we said, "This is a piece of **. We want a new one", they said, "Tough, you're stuck with it." My wife and I are both very disabled senior citizens, on a fixed income, that required us to save six months for this purchase. Now we don't know what to do... Can anyone out there have some suggestions?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I purchased a new 3 door with water and ice in the door refrigerator in February 2018. It was manufactured December 2017. I always thought of "Frigidaire" as an American product. It is not! It is a brand marketed by the European Company Electrolux and made in Mexico. In July the notification light "Order Filter" illuminated. I called Frigidaire directly, ordered the new part, and after waiting nearly three weeks, they sent me the wrong filter. They had the correct model and serial number, so how was this possible. After more research on their website, I found out the correct filter was no longer available. I called Frigidaire again and was told they were over four months back ordered and were no longer accepting orders for the filter. I was told I could purchase it elsewhere. The part available elsewhere is an aftermarket part that (according to online reviews) fits poorly and leaks.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We bought a new Park Model. It's a top of the line camper. On June 26, 2017 used it for three months until closing of our campground. On May 1st 2018, the refrigerator would not cool. The Company we bought the park model from came out mid May to say they could not fix it. The problem was within the refrigerant system and we needed to call FRIGIDAIRE to have a certified tech confirm it was unrepairable. Frigidaire gave me two options. One could not come out for three weeks, I went with Ashworth. They refused to come out if a work order was not generated by Frigidaire. After many calls I did a conference call so both parties could Duke it out. I also extended the warranty by 2 more years.

Frigidaire finally generated a work order. Two services calls later the two tech soldered a area where it was leaking. It was fixed until 4 weeks later. Everything in both the freezer and fridge was warm. The fridge was not working again. New refrigerant lasted 2 days. I still do not have a working refrigerator after 6 separate services calls. Frigidaire will not agree that it's unrepairable. They keep changing out other parts, compressor, evaporator and I'm now waiting for a filter dryer part. Frigidaire claims they only see one service call not 5, from late May up to last week. Their policy is they have to attempt to fix the problem 3 times before they replace the product.

It is August 8th 2018. Waiting for 6th service call to replace a filter dryer, if that doesn't work the Tech will call Frigidaire to see if there is another part or if they will finally say it's unrepairable. At this point they have spent more than it would cost to replace this lemon. I spoke to the company we bought the park model from to share this story, He is taking it to the Rep that oversees the manufacturing of the park models. I also spoke to the owner of Ashworth Appliance. I hope they can help. My voice is getting nowhere, I believe they hope I give up and buy a new refrigerator, I will not.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We purchased Frigidaire model FFHS2622MSU with manufacture date of 4/14 in the summer of 2014. First, ice maker didn’t work. It was under warranty. Repair person said it was a common problem with this model and replaced the ice unit. Next, after about 2-3 years of light use in our second home, cracks began developing all throughout the white fridge interior. Around drawers, on back, at bottom, and around side walls. Multiple cracks are opening up as holes, several appearing as cracks that undoubtedly will be opening up soon.

Called company and also talked to corporate. Of no assistance. Only suggestion was that I invest another $100 in an authorized repair person to evaluate, and they may or may not do anything about it. Obviously this is a nonrepairable problem and is a defective product that should be recalled. Other complaints online about same issue. Already spent $1500 on a fridge that had only been used for 3 years and don’t want to throw good money after bad when company is obviously not interested in standing by a clearly defective product. Afraid to continue using this product to keep food cold for my kids, as with these gaping holes in the insulation walls, can’t ensure it’s properly keeping perishable food at a consistent temperature.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a Frigidaire refrigerator through Home Depot to be delivered to my house. The model I ordered FFTR1814TB was so noisy upon being plugged in. Dinner conversation would be a problem. And the refrigerator keeps making these loud knocking sounds. The earliest Frigidaire could send someone out to check the refrigerator was more than a week out - and it meant I had to take time off work (again!) to meet the appliance repair person. The customer service representative said that it wasn't good business sense to plug a refrigerator in before it left the factory; it would take too much time. Obviously, my time isn't important to the company; nor apparently is it the company's concern that they produce a quality product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I bought a new Frigidaire a few years ago and have had nothing but problems with it from day 1. Upon installation the tray under the water dispenser falls out continuously. I had the service tech out and he said just glue it in place. If you do that then there is no way to service the unit later as the screws are behind this tray. Next problem is the ice maker freezes up, again the tech said raise the freezer temp. It is set in the middle setting from the factory and didn't start this until 2 years old. The problem seems to be with the defrost unit in the ice maker not heating enough to let the unit turn loose of the ice cubes. Again NOT MY FAULT!

The latest issue is the water line is freezing in the door where the water dispenser is located. After calling the service tech again, the problem is the lack of proper insulation in the door to protect the water line from freezing. I am tired of spending money on this useless piece of junk from GE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A GE PRODUCT. I will review the other useless GE appliances bought at the same time to remodel my kitchen in another post.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought a refrigerator and I have tried to get customer service, Corporate service office, corporate supervisor and corporate manager to get a service person out. They said they confirmed that I had an appointment and I rearranged my schedule and an email was sent from Frigidaire confirming appointment and authorize tech service did not even have on the list. I have been trying this since June. I would like a refund and they can haul this thing away. I will have to file a consumer complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the Corporate Manager did not seem to care one bit. Does the CEO get wind of any of these complaints or horrid stories of his corporate people let alone the customer service people and their tech service people for that matter?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Bought a new refrigerator and would not get cold. Called and they sent out 2 repair people. One just stood around. They said no freon in the system. They said it would take 3-4 hrs. to repair but did not want to do the repair because they would not get paid enough on warranty work. Called Frigidaire and they said they would have to send another service co. out. The problem is that they only have one authorized repair co. in the Cincinnati area! The service company closed the case until they agreed to pay them more $. I ask why they just did not replace the appliance since it was brand new. Frigidaire said they had to try and repair first. This means no matter how long and how many visits.

Now they want to add tubes on the back of the appliance which will make it stick out 3-4" from the wall. Explained to Frigidaire that this would not work because we bought this size because of the space allowance. Now we will not be able to open doors completely but they said that was not their problem. Do not buy from Frigidaire who is owned by Electrolux. We even have an extended warranty that says they will replace the appliance. They have no concern for their customers. Read all the complaints. The service company wants us to wait 1 1/2 weeks so they do not miss out on other warranty work that takes less time. That would be over two weeks without a refrigerator.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased the 25.5 cu. ft. side by side refrigerator in March of 2018. From the first day, I have had problems with this refrigerator. From the fan not working, the refrigerator side not cooling, and the ice maker not working properly, it has been one problem after another. I have had 9 service calls in the 4 months that I have had the refrigerator. My last service visit was yesterday, where I was told that the noises that the refrigerator are making are normal. They are NOT normal and whenever I get ice, the ice falls all over the floor. But now I am not to call for service anymore because this is just "what you get." And this is what the tech guy from Frigidaire told the service guy to tell me, word for word. I will NEVER purchase Frigidaire products again, and I will NEVER recommend anyone to buy from them either. It has been horrible the whole time, with no more assistance coming, apparently. By the way, it is still under warranty!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Purchased a home that was 3 years old with the appliances provided by the builder. The refrigerator was a french door model manufactured in 2013. I have called Frigidaire several times due to a problem with the ice and water dispenser, they gave me suggestions over the phone seemed to work for a week or two then the problem would start again. I decided to call a local appliance repair service to check the problem. The repairman pulled the refrigerator away from the wall and was dismayed when he saw the back panel it had rusted through the back wall of the refrigerator about 18 inches long. The problem was the waterline broke inside the back of the refrigerator it seemed months ago. The refrigerator is not 4 years old.

I called Frigidaire for assistance on parts and labor to have the refrigerator repaired. FRIGIDAIRE ADVISED ME SINCE I LIVE IN SC THEY DO NOT COVER RUST in high humidity areas, as I explained to the Frigidaire representative it did not rust from humidity since my house has central air. The back of the their refrigerator rust through because the waterline broke. Their refrigerator was defective. Since Frigidaire will not cover rust in high humidity areas why do they sell their appliance in the southern states???? I find this to be a stupid remark and just a way out not to cover their inferior product. In reading other reviews this has happened to other consumers.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Frigidaire Professional 22.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Counter-Depth - I have had this fridge (FPBC2277RF) for 8 months and I have had 8 visits to try to get it to work properly. Each visit has been to fix the same problem. Ice collects in the back of the fridge in multiple areas and then also freezes everything in the lower drawer. They have come and replaced at least 5 parts, some twice and yet nothing seems to work.

In addition, parts are not in stock and hence take at least 5-10 days to receive and they will not schedule your appt until the parts are in. I have asked Customer service to admit this is a faulty fridge and replace it or refund me the price I paid, as it should never take 8 attempts (each with a 5hr window) to fix anything. Their response is, "the warranty is to fix it- not to replace it." Terrible customer service - terrible product. So disappointing especially because I love the look and the features it offers. I will never buy another Electrolux or Frigidaire product based on this experience. Close up photo was taken just hours after the new part was installed.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs