2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This is big Frigidaire and it works well. It came with the apartment. Had no problems with it so far. Wish it had a icemaker. It keeps food and drinks fresh. Easy to clean and is dependable. Pretty good brand. And it's stainless steel.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have to say, I am very biased. I prefer Frigidaire. We have 2 side by side units, one from 2006, and the other one is from 2017. Both have worked very well, and, yes we have had some minor repairs that I always could fix, but, overall, they just do what we expect. I think the key is to not buy all of the fancy electronics. Both of our units just have water / ice in the door, and that is all. On the 2006, other than filters, I just replaced the water control assy in the back of the unit. Part was less than 40.00. So, I guess I have had good ones. I still would buy them again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Customer Service for Frigidaire and Electrolux (parent company) is very poor. They do not return telephone calls, as they assured me they would. Since we had this delivered on July 3, 2020, we have had 5 different technicians come out for the same problem which is ICE BUILD UP in FREEZER, LOUD CLACKING NOISE, and JUST LOUD ALL THE TIME that you can hear anywhere in our house. After the 4th visit and it still was the same, I was told that they were going to review it to see whether it could be replaced or repaired and that someone would call me in 7 to 10 business days. Never rec'd a call, so called them on 11th business day and found out that they had decided that it was repairable on the 3rd business day. Asked why then wasn't a service call initiated then, no response.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

The upper and lower doors clash into each, The compressor knocks and rattles. The trims are falling off. Their mechanic claims these are cosmetic and not excluded in the warranty. The temperature control is unstable and requires frequent adjustment. It's difficult/impossible to change height of shelves without excessive force.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We bought top of the line Frigidaire gallery refrigerator counter depth. The warranty is only for one year and a little bit after that the ice maker stopped working. I spent 26 minutes on the phone trying to get some satisfaction from Frigidaire for this defective part but since I didn't buy a warranty they said I was out of luck. This refrigerator is very very loud with all kinds of weird noises. Also when you get ice from the ice maker it makes it makes a large clunk sound when you finish with the ice. Don't use the cube setting -they come out so fast that you can't possibly put a cup under it without spilling the ice cubes all over the floor. The worst part is that now we have 4 large cracks in the plastic refrigerator lining. 36 minutes on the on the phone with Frigidaire and customer service tells me to hire a appliance repair person that the cracks all over the refrigerator are not a defect. I hate this refrigerator - don't buy Frigidaire!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I received this beautiful, stainless steel, fridge as a gift from my then boyfriend for Mother’s Day. Three years later it quit. $567 for parts alone! I am so disgusted with this company! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

2019 Nov. Frigidaire Gallery FGSC2335TFA Side by Side refrigerator Freezes everything in my fridge - Lettuce, cucumbers, milk exploding, Repairman said - Nothing they can do about this - Common Complaint - Frigidaire Did not properly insulate the wall between the fridge and the freezer - Told me to put items I did not want to freeze on the opposite side of the fridge... "its a side by side" lol -- nowhere to go -- I worked (4) jobs to save for this Gallery of items - and I’m very disappointed in this product -- DO NOT PURCHASE a side by side!!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator in May and the delivery people did not have tools to make it a left handed door and ended up scratching it in the process. Waited another month for a replacement and the delivery guys said they were not allowed to convert it to a left handed one even though it was able to be converted, they said that the manufacturer would not allow them to do it. I refused it and Home Depot had another one sent. This was again scratched but the company would not resend another one since they already tried 3 times, even though all 3 times is was the delivery people that messed it up each time. WARNING Do not buy their appliances! This goes beyond SUCKING! Very poor service.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I’ve purchased a beautiful refrigerator from Lowe’s in February 2020 made by Frigidaire. Warranty was not through Lowe’s. It was straight through Frigidaire. In June 2020 I’ve noticed my refrigerator was not getting cold. Due to the warranty loss told me I had to contact Frigidaire. After contacting Frigidaire I was told that they do repairs first instead of swapping out anything. After two weeks of waiting on the repair guy to come and tell us that he has to drill a hole here in there for it to actually stay cool. He was very helpful and was telling us we needed a new refrigerator. Because it’s brand new it was nonsense to have a broken down new refrigerator five months into purchasing.

I have been calling and calling Frigidaire customer service For four weeks now, four weeks no refrigerator replace. They actually want me to go through another person to repair my refrigerator after sending the first repairman. It’s not like I want my money back or something. That was not possible. The only thing I ask for instead of going through repairman at the repairman why can’t I just get a credit sent over to Lowe’s store just to swap out refrigerators. A paying customer purchased a brand new refrigerator just wanting to swap Out refrigerators and not go through repairs. Remind you it’s almost a month without a refrigerator just because refrigerator wants me to go through repairs before anything else. Disappointed and sad. I just need a refrigerator.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team