Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Frigidaire Refrigerators
1.16/5

Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

1216 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased the Frigidaire Professional series 4 piece package when I remodeled my kitchen. The ice maker is so slow to make ice you can't count on ice for a party at all. I had it worked on at least 6 times and it still is crap, repairman coming Monday. Never would I buy another Frigidaire product. Not going to purchase another extended warranty. I will just buy ice.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased our Frigidaire Gallery side by side from Lowe's in May 2017, while remodeling our kitchen. March 2019 the Fridge is room temp, and all food is lost. Call Lowe's for our extended coverage, and they schedule for a service call. The first doesn't even show, call back again, and they schedule for the call again, 2 weeks later a tech finally shows, but needs a new compressor which he does not have. 2 weeks later he finally shows up and replaces it, only to have it die again 4 days later. Lowe's schedules again, and will have a tech out in 4 days. Frigidaire is horrible, but Lowe's extended warranty is just as bad. Never buy another Frigidaire product, and looking at Home Depot for the future.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought a floor model side by side. Great deal, right? Wrong! Delivered on a Saturday, by Sunday after troubleshooting.... it wasn’t cooling. Was put in touch with Frigidaire by the store I purchased it from. Even with proof of purchase Frigidaire would not help me. The fridge was over a year old. Their warranty would not cover it. Buyer beware. Ask the age of any appliance you buy. Thankfully I bought extended warranty or else I’d have a 1,000 dollar cooler in my kitchen.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Purchased refrigerator 1/2016. In 9/2018 refrigerator stopped making ice. Called a repair service other than Frigidaire because it was out of warranty. Paid 500.00 and 5 visits to no avail, I was told to call Frigidaire because, they could not fix it. FRIGIDAIRE sold me an extended warranty and promise to repair it. After seven visits and numerous (TEN 10) replaced parts, it still does not make ICE. The warranty states that if after three (3) visits and being deemed non-repairable they would replace the unit. IT IS NOW MAY 7TH 2019. GUESS WHAT? No ice.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I built a new home in 2011 and furnished the kitchen with Frigidaire appliances. The home was not used for the first two years. Luckily I tested the stove a couple times and a blue flash occurred under the ceramic top and got it replaced under warranty because there was a screw found in the oven that was caught between the door and the oven body and chipped it. And the wire fell off the connector under the top and shorted thus burning out the relay... And so upon moving in within a year and a half the refrigerator motherboard failed gradually degrading until - to its credit, nothing but the essential freezer & refrigerator functions were left working. No light, no display.

I replaced the board (beyond the 1 yr warranty) and its been good for almost a year ($170.00 online). The dishwasher was used about 6 or 7 times and it blinks Er code. I presume it needs a new board too because buttons do not respond. We don't use it. So in a wrap; All 3 appliances failed within a very short time. The fridge is a Professional model: FPHF2399MF3, Dishwasher model: FDB2410HIC2A, Stove was replaced with a newer model. 3 out of 3 - Just bad luck?? I'm out. Burton.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: May 5, 2019

We bought a brand new home outfitted with Frigidaire appliances. The refrigerator and freezer works well enough. The ice maker makes lots of ice. Problem the ice maker "makes horrible loud knocking and squealing noises". It is so bad we have had guest wake up in middle of night thinking someone was knocking at our door. It also sits about 20 feet from our living room and it is so loud we have to run up the tv when it starts making the horrible noises!!! Not to mention how many people that visit have commented on the loud noise coming from the fridge. Under warranty called to get it repaired was told that all the ice makers make that sound. It is normal for the Frigidaire ice makers. Second problem is the ice maker will not stop making ice when the bin is full. The ice piles up then start falling out the ice shoot on to the floor. We are very dissatisfied. Will never buy another Frigidaire product again.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Reading reviews I see others have had the same issue as me' a cracked liner. They dodge the warranty by saying it's not a functional part. Repair option is to put a piece of tape on liner. 1400 hundred dollar defective product. Stay away from this manufacturer. They don't stand behind their products. Model FGSC2335TF.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We bought the Frigidaire Gallery French Door with water/ice dispenser on the door 3 years ago and it has been nothing but problems, problems and more problems. Because we bought the extended warranty (LOWE'S) we have had servicemen out here to service/repair the LEMON no less than 5-6 times over the past 3 years. Frozen over or malfunctioning ice maker X 3 and the latest is that the temperature in the refrigerator started creeping up. The repairman today said he wasn’t sure what was wrong but thought the motor was burned out. UNBELIEVABLE. I will NEVER NEVER EVER EVER buy a Frigidaire Refrigerator AGAIN!

Original review: April 26, 2019

Terrible service on Gallery top freezer. New in February. 4 service calls. They tell me "just live with the noise coming from unit." "Nothing we can do." NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A FRIGIDAIRE OR ELECTROLUX PRODUCT.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased this product December 2016 when I redid my mother's kitchen as a birthday surprise complete with all new appliances and painted kitchen and kitchen cabinets. The refrigerator ice maker did not work for 2 years. The plastic parts used to make the refrigerator are so inferior that they can't tolerate an ice cube attaching to it without breaking. Now the plastic drawers are cracked with the entire drawer holding components breaking causing you not to be able to use the bottom drawers at all. I replaced my mother's kitchen to insure that she she would have at least 10 years stress free and a new beautiful kitchen.

Buying this product has brought me nothing but headache and regret. Her appliances were over 20 years old with no problems. I ended up giving a 75 year old woman a birthday headache which seems will last for the next 10 years. When I went back to Lowe's where I purchased it there were 2 other dissatisfied customers with the exact same complaint. The salesperson who sold it said she had EVERY person who bought the Frigidaire Refrigerator come back with complaints and suggested I request a replacement. When I contacted Lowe's Service Agreement, there was constant stalling and reneging on the contract, "We can't find your purchase or that is not covered." They finally, sent a service technician and the ice maker broke the same day after installation. Frigidaire used to be a reliable brand but they are making the most inferior quality products ever now. DO NOT BUY A FRIGIDAIRE!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

You would expect a $1200 fridge not to start failing in 2 years. We spent a lot of money remodeling our kitchen in 2015. Part of that was a complete set of Frigidaire Gallery appliances. All of them except the refrigerator have worked well. We are a family of two and we don't abuse our kitchen. In less than 2 years the temperature indicator began to fail. You can hardly make out the numbers. Lately we have noticed the seal around the door is completely disintegrating. And the most troubling is stress cracks have developed on the inside back wall of the fridge. How can this happen? We don't put anything heavy on the shelves. This is a poorly made product and not cheap. Whatever happened to the fridges like mom used to have. They lasted for 30 years and the only reason you got rid of them was because you were tired of coppertone.

Original review: April 22, 2019

As with the rest of the reviews here. I also am confirming that Frigidaire appliances (at least their refrigerators) are horrible. Mine was working fine for about 6 months when it stopped working. They sent repairman out about 3 days later, who needed to order a part again which came after another 3 days, then came back to fix it 3 days from then.

Unfortunately even though it was not working at all when the tech was there, rather than further assess the refrigerator. He said I had to put in a new call. Which I did, and had to wait 4 days for a repairman to come back, who had to order another part which I am waiting for now. I get it that they want to repair the machine rather than provide a new one, however at this point they are making at least 4 trips and ordered 2 parts. I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper for them to simply replace the refrigerator. Meanwhile I haven't had a working refrigerator for over 2 weeks. My advice is stay away from Frigidaire. They suck!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Horrible customer service and worthless warranty. Purchased from Home Depot, Refrigerator went out, had a warranty. Called to have it serviced, needed to be replaced turns out. After being given the runaround and bad excuses, it took 4 weeks to actually arrive! No refrigerator or freezer for 4 weeks!?! Home Depot offered me a partial credit to purchase a mini fridge in the meantime.... Not enough to cover the cost though. I have a Very tight budget and in addition to losing all the food in the refrigerator, I had to shell out more to cover the remainder of the mini fridge.

When it finally arrived, it had a 12 inch dent in it!!!! The response from the company was, it shouldn't affect performance of the fridge. REALLY! So I paid full price for my broken fridge, purchased a warranty, shelled our money for a mini fridge to be rewarded with a new dented up refrigerator. Nothing they could do they said. Offered me an extended one year warranty. BAD SERVICE, my family and I will never purchase through them again. Don't even deserve the one star in rating.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Is the second appliance we are having problems with. Refrigerator ice maker went out. Company didn't seem to care. Now we have problems with our microwave only 2 years old. Keeps blowing a fuse. If you check there's others with very similar situations. Avoid FRIGIDAIRE when buying appliances!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased Frigidaire appliances for my Kitchen in the house we built. A year and half in my fridge froze up. I called. They said, "No warranty. You’ll have to pay," and the operator told me she recommended I get the extended warranty because as much as it would cost me to fix it, that would be the same amount to pay for the warranty that would cover it to be repaired or replaced for 2 yrs. I unplugged it, let it thaw and it worked again. I bought the warranty. Then 3 months later it stopped working again. I called for repair. Took 5 days for repairman to come check and diagnose it. He had to order parts. It will be 4 weeks on Monday (3 days from now) and still not repaired. I have called twice. They tell you the same thing each time. They regret your inconvenience. They are sorry but there is nothing they can do but wait for parts. They require that parts for extended warranties be ordered through a distributor instead of coming from them directly.

I was told the parts for my repair were in stock in their warehouse but I would have to continue to wait on the parts from the distributor to arrive. They do not care about your inconvenience, they don’t care that their product is broken after 2 yrs. They don’t care you paid $2000 for their fridge and an additional $259 for the warranty. They don’t provide good customer service at all. It’s pretty much "Oh well just deal with it. You’ll get it when you get it." This is the single worst purchase I ever made. And I will NEVER buy Frigidaire again. I have told every single person I know to avoid the company. Anyone that I have told this experience to has been appalled that a company is acting this way. It’s ridiculous.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have an $1,800 Frigidaire Refrigerator that is 5 years old. Upper ice maker stopped working a number of times. Problem is caused by a manufacturer's defect. The back of the refrigerator gets too cold and freezes the ice maker so it doesn't work. Frigidaire has given up on trying to fix the problem (they say the "parts are not available to fix it") and are offering a 20% rebate good for 30 days and suggest I buy a new Refrigerator. I thought Frigidaire was a quality brand. I was wrong. I would not recommend purchasing a Frigidaire product.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I just purchased a 20.8cu ft Model FFTR2021TW. I am currently on my second Frigidaire Refrigerator in less then 30 days. The settings for the fridge and freezer are at MAX and it still cannot maintain temperature. The first one had an issue keeping temp in the freezer. The second one now has an issue keeping temp in the fridge section. The seal on the first one was weak on the freezer section. I had to buy magnets to help keep the freezer door closed because it kept popping open when you closed the fridge door. I had to buy two thermometers to keep track of the temperature. There is no sensor in the freezer so the temp kept rising to 10-15 degrees in the freezer before the compressor would kick on.

Now the second one the fridge is raising to 45-50 degrees and half the time the compressor won’t kick on and I have to trigger it manually. Food has not been lasting long in the fridge and the temp fluctuations are crazy. My 20 year old Hotpoint fridge did a better job keeping temp than this brand-new fridge. I would stay away from this brand of fridge. I am going to try return this one and get a different brand all together. This has been a terrible experience. How can they make a fridge that cannot even maintain temperatures?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Do not buy. Noisy piece of junk. Frigidaire says it does that because it's highly efficient. I say highly defective. Should be recalled. Don't waste your money. Buy another brand. Motor runs often and for a long time besides being extremely noisy.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought a new freezer through Home Depot in January, the freezer failed after 3 weeks. I lost about $2000 in wild game. I asked for the unit to be replaced, they said the only way they would do that is if the repair company deemed it unrepairable. The service company came out and found that the compressor had failed. The compressor won't be available until the end of the next month, I asked again for it to be replaced because of the length of time and they said that was not policy! Do not buy this product, they are horrible!

Original review: March 25, 2019

We bought this as a second refrigerator and the seal is not good at all. When you shut the fridge door the freezer door pops open so you have to double check it every time you close it. Other than that it is ok for someone on a budget or someone like us looking for a second fridge.

Original review: March 25, 2019

In November 2011 we bought an entire matching group of Frigidaire appliances; Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, stove/oven, and microwave. A couple weeks ago I moved the refrigerator away from the wall to vacuum, and clean out the dust around the coils underneath. There are two rusty lines running down the back, and coming from a wet rusty spot about five feet up. This wet rusty spot has frost on it. We had an Amana refrigerator that we bought new and left with the house when we sold, 21 years later, and it worked great. We bought a new Samsung in 2000 and left with the house we sold in 2000 before moving to our current home. It also worked great.

Thinking that a spot that was rusting through the steel on the back of my refrigerator must be a manufacture defect, I politely called Frigidaire to inquire. I may have as well called you the reader, as Frigidaire. They did the same as you would do, told me to, "call a local repairman!" They are a great company with quality products, and awesome customer service. NO, NOT REALLY, THEY SUCK! Within two years of the purchase we noticed the digital display on the stove, was slipping down and out of place. The chances of me buying another Frigidaire appliance, are about the same, ok, even less than, me being invited to the White House (no matter who the President is) and accepting the invitation.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in September of 2018. On December 20, 2018, the ice maker on the door stopped working and I noticed it was freezing some of the food in the refrigerator section. Since then we have had SIX, YES SIX visits from repair guys who have replaced water valves, air handler housing kit, gasket, taped foil, and who knows what else. I have to wait for the SEVENTH visit to replace the control board and heater.

Regarding some of the food getting frozen in the refrigerator area, one repair person recommended I set it to 39 degrees instead of the recommended 37 degrees. One of the repair guys said it would freeze any food towards the back because of the DESIGN of the refrigerator. The cold air from the freezer is pushed up to cool the refrigerator area so any food towards the back of the refrigerator by the air vents would get frozen! Save yourself a headache, I suggest you do your homework and look at the design of the refrigerators you are looking at and look up reviews.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We recently purchased a new home 5 months ago. The owners had purchased several new Frigidaire appliances about 4 years ago when they updated the kitchen. The other night the refrigerator quit cooling. Luckily we had two other refrigerators in the house so we were able to transfer everything to these two without losing any food. The serviceman came out and said we had a defective evaporator coil and it would be about $700 to fix! He said we would be better off to trash this machine and buy a new one for the cost of the repair. This is on a 4 year old refrigerator! How disappointing to say the least. He said Frigidaire is one of the most unreliable makes out there. Needless to say our next refrigerator will not be a Frigidaire!

Original review: March 19, 2019

We are building a house and purchased this fridge November 2018. It was delivered in December however we did not start using it until we moved in, February 2019. First thing that needed replacing was the water line assembly. Then the flipper had to be replaced as there was no spring. The doors have been installed incorrectly resulting in the unit being off balance but as we didn’t notice it within 30 days of purchase and it is deemed cosmetic, they will not fix it. Doesn’t matter that we noticed it within 30 days of actually using it. Now it randomly makes a loud buzzing noise which apparently is “normal” however does wake you up at night! Customer Service was dismal, no attempt to make any exceptions. Nice quality control coming out of the factory, guess we will be purchasing the extended warranty... Very disappointed, last Frigidaire we will purchase.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have a brand new Model #FFTR1821TSO refrigerator. Rattles constantly, makes knocking noises. Called customer service, they said it's normal - so guess we stuck with it. Very disappointed! Would not recommend this to anyone, unless you don't mind being woke up at night by the noises.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received this as part of program in Philly. Worst fridge ever, guess that is why they are so cheap. Never buy this product. This is the second one in 5 years, not happy. I would take anything but this product.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I like my Frigidaire. It works like it's supposed to. It's big enough to accommodate my family size. It looks okay. I got it in black, and I now wish I would have bought one in shiny black instead of what looks like matte black. Oh and the refrigerator door had to be replaced twice. Second time at my expense.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Refrigerator has been great other than in the freezer the shelves don't hold enough weight and want to pop out, the water light went out within 6 months and it's all digital. Cost too much to replace the whole board.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Purchased a side by side refrigerator in November 2018. Within three months the slide for the basket in the freezer was pulling out of the wall. Called Frigidaire and was told this is cosmetic. As a "courtesy" they sent me a pair of new pegs. There are no threads or anything else in the mounting hole for the pegs to attach to. The weight of the wire basket alone causes the the peg to pull out of the freezer wall. Frigidaire insists that this is cosmetic and not covered by the warranty. Be aware that Frigidaire considers shoddy construction to be a cosmetic issue.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Just be aware that Frigidaire ice makers appear to be a known problem that was allowed to go on for years. I don't know if they corrected them in current models but this particular design was used for many years and they fail miserably. I'm about 4 years in now and it's basically useless. I've bought new parts, replaced the whole ice-maker etc. It still isn't reliable and often dumps water all over the place; very poor design. Buyer beware. I will not be buying Frigidaire products in the future.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs