1.90/5
Based on 188 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1118 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Frigidaire Gallery model is terrible, on the 3rd replacement, first one didn’t work. 2nd one came damaged, and third one same problem as the first! Awful. Just awful! Frozen water bottles in fridge part and ice build up!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We purchased a new Frigidaire model# FFTR1P2ITB refrigerator from HOME DEPOT on July 26, 2018. It was installed by idiots that HOME DEPOT had subcontracted. It was installed not leveled according to Frigidaire's manual, I had to level it and straighten the crooked ice maker. 12 hours later we noticed frost building up in the freezer. We immediately called the Frigidaire 1-800 consumer number. They said they would send out a repairman in ONE WEEK, meanwhile food is spoiling. He brought his "magic silicone sealer", he applied it around the freezer door gasket. That evening frost was building up again. We called HOME DEPOT, we said, "This is a piece of **. We want a new one", they said, "Tough, you're stuck with it." My wife and I are both very disabled senior citizens, on a fixed income, that required us to save six months for this purchase. Now we don't know what to do... Can anyone out there have some suggestions?

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I purchased a new 3 door with water and ice in the door refrigerator in February 2018. It was manufactured December 2017. I always thought of "Frigidaire" as an American product. It is not! It is a brand marketed by the European Company Electrolux and made in Mexico. In July the notification light "Order Filter" illuminated. I called Frigidaire directly, ordered the new part, and after waiting nearly three weeks, they sent me the wrong filter. They had the correct model and serial number, so how was this possible. After more research on their website, I found out the correct filter was no longer available. I called Frigidaire again and was told they were over four months back ordered and were no longer accepting orders for the filter. I was told I could purchase it elsewhere. The part available elsewhere is an aftermarket part that (according to online reviews) fits poorly and leaks.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We bought a new Park Model. It's a top of the line camper. On June 26, 2017 used it for three months until closing of our campground. On May 1st 2018, the refrigerator would not cool. The Company we bought the park model from came out mid May to say they could not fix it. The problem was within the refrigerant system and we needed to call FRIGIDAIRE to have a certified tech confirm it was unrepairable. Frigidaire gave me two options. One could not come out for three weeks, I went with Ashworth. They refused to come out if a work order was not generated by Frigidaire. After many calls I did a conference call so both parties could Duke it out. I also extended the warranty by 2 more years.

Frigidaire finally generated a work order. Two services calls later the two tech soldered a area where it was leaking. It was fixed until 4 weeks later. Everything in both the freezer and fridge was warm. The fridge was not working again. New refrigerant lasted 2 days. I still do not have a working refrigerator after 6 separate services calls. Frigidaire will not agree that it's unrepairable. They keep changing out other parts, compressor, evaporator and I'm now waiting for a filter dryer part. Frigidaire claims they only see one service call not 5, from late May up to last week. Their policy is they have to attempt to fix the problem 3 times before they replace the product.

It is August 8th 2018. Waiting for 6th service call to replace a filter dryer, if that doesn't work the Tech will call Frigidaire to see if there is another part or if they will finally say it's unrepairable. At this point they have spent more than it would cost to replace this lemon. I spoke to the company we bought the park model from to share this story, He is taking it to the Rep that oversees the manufacturing of the park models. I also spoke to the owner of Ashworth Appliance. I hope they can help. My voice is getting nowhere, I believe they hope I give up and buy a new refrigerator, I will not.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We purchased Frigidaire model FFHS2622MSU with manufacture date of 4/14 in the summer of 2014. First, ice maker didn’t work. It was under warranty. Repair person said it was a common problem with this model and replaced the ice unit. Next, after about 2-3 years of light use in our second home, cracks began developing all throughout the white fridge interior. Around drawers, on back, at bottom, and around side walls. Multiple cracks are opening up as holes, several appearing as cracks that undoubtedly will be opening up soon.

Called company and also talked to corporate. Of no assistance. Only suggestion was that I invest another $100 in an authorized repair person to evaluate, and they may or may not do anything about it. Obviously this is a nonrepairable problem and is a defective product that should be recalled. Other complaints online about same issue. Already spent $1500 on a fridge that had only been used for 3 years and don’t want to throw good money after bad when company is obviously not interested in standing by a clearly defective product. Afraid to continue using this product to keep food cold for my kids, as with these gaping holes in the insulation walls, can’t ensure it’s properly keeping perishable food at a consistent temperature.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a Frigidaire refrigerator through Home Depot to be delivered to my house. The model I ordered FFTR1814TB was so noisy upon being plugged in. Dinner conversation would be a problem. And the refrigerator keeps making these loud knocking sounds. The earliest Frigidaire could send someone out to check the refrigerator was more than a week out - and it meant I had to take time off work (again!) to meet the appliance repair person. The customer service representative said that it wasn't good business sense to plug a refrigerator in before it left the factory; it would take too much time. Obviously, my time isn't important to the company; nor apparently is it the company's concern that they produce a quality product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I bought a new Frigidaire a few years ago and have had nothing but problems with it from day 1. Upon installation the tray under the water dispenser falls out continuously. I had the service tech out and he said just glue it in place. If you do that then there is no way to service the unit later as the screws are behind this tray. Next problem is the ice maker freezes up, again the tech said raise the freezer temp. It is set in the middle setting from the factory and didn't start this until 2 years old. The problem seems to be with the defrost unit in the ice maker not heating enough to let the unit turn loose of the ice cubes. Again NOT MY FAULT!

The latest issue is the water line is freezing in the door where the water dispenser is located. After calling the service tech again, the problem is the lack of proper insulation in the door to protect the water line from freezing. I am tired of spending money on this useless piece of junk from GE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A GE PRODUCT. I will review the other useless GE appliances bought at the same time to remodel my kitchen in another post.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I bought a refrigerator and I have tried to get customer service, Corporate service office, corporate supervisor and corporate manager to get a service person out. They said they confirmed that I had an appointment and I rearranged my schedule and an email was sent from Frigidaire confirming appointment and authorize tech service did not even have on the list. I have been trying this since June. I would like a refund and they can haul this thing away. I will have to file a consumer complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the Corporate Manager did not seem to care one bit. Does the CEO get wind of any of these complaints or horrid stories of his corporate people let alone the customer service people and their tech service people for that matter?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Bought a new refrigerator and would not get cold. Called and they sent out 2 repair people. One just stood around. They said no freon in the system. They said it would take 3-4 hrs. to repair but did not want to do the repair because they would not get paid enough on warranty work. Called Frigidaire and they said they would have to send another service co. out. The problem is that they only have one authorized repair co. in the Cincinnati area! The service company closed the case until they agreed to pay them more $. I ask why they just did not replace the appliance since it was brand new. Frigidaire said they had to try and repair first. This means no matter how long and how many visits.

Now they want to add tubes on the back of the appliance which will make it stick out 3-4" from the wall. Explained to Frigidaire that this would not work because we bought this size because of the space allowance. Now we will not be able to open doors completely but they said that was not their problem. Do not buy from Frigidaire who is owned by Electrolux. We even have an extended warranty that says they will replace the appliance. They have no concern for their customers. Read all the complaints. The service company wants us to wait 1 1/2 weeks so they do not miss out on other warranty work that takes less time. That would be over two weeks without a refrigerator.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased the 25.5 cu. ft. side by side refrigerator in March of 2018. From the first day, I have had problems with this refrigerator. From the fan not working, the refrigerator side not cooling, and the ice maker not working properly, it has been one problem after another. I have had 9 service calls in the 4 months that I have had the refrigerator. My last service visit was yesterday, where I was told that the noises that the refrigerator are making are normal. They are NOT normal and whenever I get ice, the ice falls all over the floor. But now I am not to call for service anymore because this is just "what you get." And this is what the tech guy from Frigidaire told the service guy to tell me, word for word. I will NEVER purchase Frigidaire products again, and I will NEVER recommend anyone to buy from them either. It has been horrible the whole time, with no more assistance coming, apparently. By the way, it is still under warranty!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Purchased a home that was 3 years old with the appliances provided by the builder. The refrigerator was a french door model manufactured in 2013. I have called Frigidaire several times due to a problem with the ice and water dispenser, they gave me suggestions over the phone seemed to work for a week or two then the problem would start again. I decided to call a local appliance repair service to check the problem. The repairman pulled the refrigerator away from the wall and was dismayed when he saw the back panel it had rusted through the back wall of the refrigerator about 18 inches long. The problem was the waterline broke inside the back of the refrigerator it seemed months ago. The refrigerator is not 4 years old.

I called Frigidaire for assistance on parts and labor to have the refrigerator repaired. FRIGIDAIRE ADVISED ME SINCE I LIVE IN SC THEY DO NOT COVER RUST in high humidity areas, as I explained to the Frigidaire representative it did not rust from humidity since my house has central air. The back of the their refrigerator rust through because the waterline broke. Their refrigerator was defective. Since Frigidaire will not cover rust in high humidity areas why do they sell their appliance in the southern states???? I find this to be a stupid remark and just a way out not to cover their inferior product. In reading other reviews this has happened to other consumers.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Frigidaire Professional 22.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Counter-Depth - I have had this fridge (FPBC2277RF) for 8 months and I have had 8 visits to try to get it to work properly. Each visit has been to fix the same problem. Ice collects in the back of the fridge in multiple areas and then also freezes everything in the lower drawer. They have come and replaced at least 5 parts, some twice and yet nothing seems to work.

In addition, parts are not in stock and hence take at least 5-10 days to receive and they will not schedule your appt until the parts are in. I have asked Customer service to admit this is a faulty fridge and replace it or refund me the price I paid, as it should never take 8 attempts (each with a 5hr window) to fix anything. Their response is, "the warranty is to fix it- not to replace it." Terrible customer service - terrible product. So disappointing especially because I love the look and the features it offers. I will never buy another Electrolux or Frigidaire product based on this experience. Close up photo was taken just hours after the new part was installed.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Bought a Frigidaire gallery almost 5 yrs ago. All we have had is trouble with it. Ice maker quit. Got it replaced. It won't stay at normal temperature. Water runs into refrigerator, freezes on bottom, runs out the back. Ice maker freezes up. Came home last weekend, had to throw away everything inside top refrigerator. It temp was 65. Bottom freezer was up to 27. We did save freezer stuff. Called once again where it was bought. Because of no warranty left on it. The man that repairs for them said good luck. They work good for a yr which it did. He said after that they are nothing but a problem. Nothing we didn't know a while back. Sad to pay so much for this refrigerator to have it be done in that short of time. Never will we buy a Frigidaire again. I had to give a star. It won't post without but I'd give a million stars below rating.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Bought Frigidaire fridge and it started making noises right away. Called Frigidaire and they said that was normal. Year after we bought it the fridge stopped cooling and freezer thawed out. Frigidaire must call serviceman to come out. That meant calling Frigidaire then hanging up so they could CD all serviceman who would then call them back and then Frigidaire would call us to tell us what day serviceman would be there. We had no way in time or day. None were in our area so took longer for Frigidaire to find someone. Over a week before Frigidaire finally found someone and then another week for them to come look at it. We had to keep calling for anything to get done. After multiple visits by different servicemen it was finally decided that ice machine was the problem. The store where we bought it ended up replacing the fridge. Frigidaire did NOTHING!!!

1 year later with exact same fridge and it happened again. Was told that it is common problem. Serviceman suggested putting fan in front of refrigerator to see if that helped. Once again our Lowe's store replaced it. Within 1 week of another full year and guess what??? Yep, came in from work and water all over the floor. Our Frigidaire freezer/refrigerator has stopped again! How do they stay in business??? I would not recommend and I have told family and friends to NEVER buy Frigidaire products. No customer support. Talk to someone different every time even for the same issue so you are always starting over when dealing with them. You can not call local repairmen because Frigidaire MUST arrange everything. DO NOT buy!!! Better off buying garage sale refrigerator because that will last longer. Frigidaire won't replace food lost due to their incompetence either.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I purchased a side by side refrigerator freezer in December of 2017. The appliance quit functioning two weeks after I moved into my new home throwing melted ice cream and water over my new floors. I was referred to Frigidaire's appliance repair connection for a review and repairs. The repair person shared with me that the compressor, motherboard and dryer were all dead on the machine. When asked about replacement, I was told that only Electrolux can make that decision after four repairs of the SAME break. I was also informed that the parts were on back order.

After a couple of weeks that repair was made but was followed by a broken door. Apparently, the frame to the right door had been bent during manufacture. Again, still, refused to replace the item and again waiting for a back ordered part. The appliance company takes great delight in my frustration as they make money as the item is 'repaired'. Warning! Do not buy Frigidaire products! I now have a $1,500 piece of junk with no recourse. I am very disappointed in this company!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I bought a Frigidaire fridge May 24th 2018 and it to date has only worked for a week. 3-4 weeks with no fridge, and Electrolux has been poor at best. It has likely cost them double the value in repairs with 4 service visits including one for a compressor (not cheap). It has cost ME double between missed work, 4 visits at 3 hour intervals (12 hours), hydro it's used while failing overnight and running all night and spoiled food. This has been one of the worst and most regretful purchases I have ever made. I will never purchase their product again and would love my money back so I can buy another manufacturer's product.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We bought a Frigidaire refrigerator model FGUS2642LF2 in 2013. We had it repeatedly repaired for the same problem. It would not stay cool. Originally I was told that they would extend the warranty but the problem became less frequent. It finally died 5 years after purchase. We needed an immediate replacement and were forced to replace it with another Frigidaire. I contacted Frigidaire by phone and email and finally spoke to someone in corporate. They refused to give me a credit for the replacement and refused to give me an extended warranty on the new refrigerator. They were only going to give me a 10% discount on the extended warranty which would have amounted to just over $20. I would not recommend purchasing a Frigidaire.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I bought this in 2013. Even before the original warranty expired, it was making strange noises...like a fan was hitting ice. After just a year when the warranty expired, it broke down. I had an extended warranty and since then I've had repairmen come to check its issues three times already. Always ice issues happening...it would defrost properly. Ice would collect at the back inside the machine...you couldn't even move the switch. Then cold air would stop circulating to the refrigerator section. Very disappointed with the brand.

I've had cheaper brands in apartments I've rented which lasted longer and they weren't new! They responded to a bad review by asking me to call their warranty center. But when I called they were just unsympathetic and unapologetic. They even cancelled my warranty because now they said I had preexisting conditions...but it's happened repeatedly over 5 years. So I'm stuck with their junk. Their Policy is not to replace the unit until several trials of changing the same part. But their quality is just inferior. You'd have to tolerate it for years and pay the extended warranty for so long. A really bad Choice and brand!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased a side by side Frigidaire model number Lfss2612teo side by side refrigerator. I made this purchase on 01/08/2018. I have had nothing but problem after problem. Repair under warranty is a joke. Replaced 2 parts and no change. Evaporator freezes as fridge will not go into defrost. After a week or 2, Fridge freezes evap and will run temps of 56-62 degrees in fridge and freezer up to 40. Repair from warranty service center is horrible. I have contacted Frigidaire numerous times. 3 repairs and then they will do something like replacement.

Well, authorized repair service came in and even though he has been here almost every week, did not have the next replacement part with him and acted like he didn't even know what he was doing here or also acted like he had never been here. I showed him work order ticket for last week and he said he didn't have the control panel that was supposed to be ordered. I called Friday, was supposed to be in Monday and replaced today. It was on the work order from last week, but no one knew anything about it. I bought a new almost exact model in early 2009 and sold it with the house I owned last year as I moved out of state. Never again will I buy Frigidaire. They will not honor warranty or repairs or do the right thing and stand behind their product.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire Galaxy few months ago and the ice maker stopped working. After several attempts I scheduled an appointment for the service tech to come out today between 8 to 12. He never showed. I called the customer service department who was not able to find the scheduled appointment. I was transferred to another department which transferred me to another department which finally located where I was scheduled. She started her records reflected the service call was completed. She transfer me to another person who stated the phone number was incorrect and the service tech was advised by his supervisor just to come by to tag the door. The tech only tagged the door and did not ring the doorbell or knock because he told to just tag the door. I have been waiting since 8am!!

I asked if they could possibly come out today. They stated, “No the best we can do is Wednesday.” I explained I couldn't wait again all morning and could I be first on the list. They said, “Nah, we don't know how long it will take to finish the person prior to you.” I was on the phone for over an hour. It was frustrating and still perplexed how they got a number so different than mines... I even had gave them my number and requested they call when in route. It was consistently very disorganized and lack true ability to work with me and each other.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My husband and I bought a suite of all Frigidaire kitchen appliances in about 2010 or 11 from a local appliance store. We do not have kids, but entertain a little so we wanted a large capacity fridge that fit our new space. Our fridge sat in the warehouse for almost a year while my husband finished building the kitchen. The fridge (Frigidaire Fr. door, bottom freezer 25.8Ft, model FGUN2642LF) cost us $1700 then.

Now it's 2018 and the brain had to be replaced, the ice maker, the water valve for the ice maker, the circulating fan that pushes the cold air to the fridge part. In all, we've spent over $1000 in the last 6 months to correct problems we didn't cause. Even our repair guys (we've had 3 from the same outfit we bought this horrible product from...) says don't buy Frigidaire refrigerators. They even say Frigidaire's own tech dept. that the repair guys use are inaccurate, uninformed and not user friendly; and that often they tell the repair guys to replace/repair the wrong part. Our repair guys say that the useful life of refrigerators these days is 7-10 years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! But that Frigidaire are worse for this and the above info. Do not buy Frigidaire products, or at the least stay away from all electronic controls, bells & whistles. We also have issues with their stove we purchased at the same time, but I'll review that later.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We live in northwest Indiana. We purchased this Frigidaire Gallery side-by-side refrigerator/freezer (FGHS1PF4A) around Nov. 15, 2015. Since purchasing it, we have had problems with the refrigerator and freezer going down in temperature and up in temperature several times, sometimes multiple times per week. Most of the time it goes down in temperature which is better than up. :) I know there is a control function telling the compressor to either not turn on or not turn off. We have had technicians out 3 times and tomorrow will be # 4. I have had to call several times to report a problem.

I have received some assistance with ideas over the phone during the first year. When the temperature drops to -14 or -15 in the freezer, the refrigerator side is close to 32 to 34. When the freezer rises in temperature to 24 or higher, the refrigerator measures at 48 or higher. I know this to be true because I place a thermometer inside both units. The temperature on the thermometer is always within 4 degrees of the displayed temp. The operator board on the front has been changed 2 times and the main control board located on the bottom has been changed once. One tech told me that this happens to some Frigidaire and Samsung units quite often. She said turning it off from the front panel for 20 to 30 minutes should solve the problem. If not, I have found I have to actually pull the unit away from the wall to unplug it. Letting it stay unplugged for 10 to 15 seconds has cleared the problem and allowed the unit to function properly.

I am a retired instrument tech from the Navy and a steel mill so the context of the problem I am familiar with. I just have never worked on refrigerator/freezers. I am familiar with temperature control systems though. This is an intermittent problem which can be an issue if we are ever gone for a length of time. I hope this helps some of you if you are having issues with your units. I intend to talk to the store I purchased this from to perhaps get a replacement. The technicians usually say now that unless they see the problem they can not do anything about it. I have a power surge protector plugged into the outlet and have had it since the unit was installed so any surges occurring should be covered. Needless to say like one consumer said, it is a good idea to purchase the extended warranties on refrigerators.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased our Frigidaire refrigerator Model FFTR1821QB6A a little over a year ago. Our third handle just broke off (plastic part at the top). It is just my husband and I and we tried not to use the handle too much so it is not due to overuse. The ice maker makes awful noise frequently. Last, but not least, it began leaking the first month we had it. Found out the fan underneath was not working.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It's too bad that zero stars are not available. Our French door, freezer below Frigidaire has been a nightmare! We've had no less than 10 repair trips on this machine. We've lost food, we've been without an ice maker many, many times, and now we have mold on the wall behind the machine. The mold is the result of the ice maker leaking water in the back of the refrigerator. It has rusted through and caused mold to form on the drywall behind. Frigidaire is paying for the mold remediation that is now required but I'm sure that's in order to avoid a lawsuit. Their most recent "fix" is to apply a two inch thick foam pad to the back of the machine to hide the problem and as a result the refrigerator sticks out past the cabinet in a way that is unacceptable. Frigidaire could care less. We are going to throw the refrigerator away - we don't trust this piece of junk.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a Standard White Refrigerator in September 2016. The first problem that I had was the handles just broken off from the door. I told the company where I purchased it from and they said they ordered the part but never came out to repair it. Second the rubber around the door came off. Keep in mind I only had the refrigerator under a year. I have an extended warranty and it ends in September, 2018. Now here it comes... drumroll... it completely klonk out. Before it klonk out there were loud noise, I thought because I didn't have the ice maker connected.

I called the company where I purchased it from and the associate set me up with the warranty department. The warranty department had a service technician to come out to see what the problem were. He went in the back panel and seen that the Frigidaire Maker had a Samsung compressor. He asked me were this a brand new refrigerator and I told him yes. He said he never seen a new refrigerator that have another's maker's part installed with different number marking on it. I thought the same thing. When I called the company where I purchased it from and told them what the technician had told me she argued me down that they ordered my refrigerator from their warehouse in another state and it was brand new. Frigidaire are responsible I don't think the company where I purchased it from had no idea that it was a rebuilt refrigerator. Seems like fraud to me.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased an Avanti 11.6 Refrigerator in March of 2016 from PC Richard & Son in NY. When it came a few days later I noticed a crack in the freezer door, I called them and got the runaround. I put in a complaint to the BBB and it took 7 months for any resolution which resulted in a refund to PC Richard. I went back to PC Richard November 2016 and purchased a Frigidaire 11.6 Cubic Ft FFTRT222QW Refrigerator. I took a two year extended insurance with PC Richard and have since had the Frigidaire for a year and a half. The appliance made some noises for two days and then just died-stopped working.

My husband and I work 9-10 hours a day and do not have children who would be opening and closing the fridge all day long. This appliance was no overused or abused. I take very good care of my appliances. I have $150 worth of spoiled food which Frigidaire will not reimburse, nor PC Richard's extended insurance does not cover either. NOT Acceptable. A good reliable appliance should not have any issues under two years old if it's well maintained. So I put in a complaint to the BBB. My two year insurance with PC Richard expired in Feb 2018- which I am angry with them also, they send me all kinds of emails to spend on my PC Richard credit card and notify me of sales, yet they never sent me a renewal notice to renew my insurance. (I am a licensed Insurance Agent, so this is unacceptable to me.)

Frigidaire is made by the Electrolux Company, they first answered me and stated they will offer me 50% off parts - I said I do not want parts, this is basically a new appliance, I want a replacement. Then they offered me 40% off on a Manufacturers rebate to purchase another Frigidaire Refrigerator. I replied that I do not want another Frigidaire - then send me the 40% in a refund check. They refused to do this also. I would never purchase another Frigidaire again. They wrote back to me and stated they will not send me a 40% refund as in the year and a half I had this appliance, there were no service calls or complaints. I said, "Well there weren't any as the appliance was working fine until two weeks ago." And I said to them - they think so low of their own product that they ARE EXPECTING service calls and complaints in under two years of the consumer owning the product?? That is sad and pathetic.

They should think more of building a stronger product and not make them so cheap, I'm not made of money where I'm going to go out and buy a new refrigerator every year or two years!! I am disgusted and disappointed in this whole situation. They do not even stand by their own product, they are expecting service calls and complaints in so little time of the consumer owning the product.

Resolution response: June 13, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator on August 26, 2017. It stopped cooling in October 2017. I had to call a serviceman three times and each time, an evaporator kit had to be replaced. Finally in May 2018, I contacted the Frigidaire Company in Charlotte, NC. I received phonecall within a week. Frigidaire corrected the problem. The company made arrangements for me to have my refrigerator replaced which is all I needed in the first place. I had to call a repairman in October 2017, April 2018 and May 2018. It was frustrating to purchase a refrigerator which stopped working/cooling. The Frigidaire Company staff were wonderful. They made sure that I became a happy customer again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

On August 26, 2017, I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery French door refrigerator. It has not worked since I it. On 10/10/17, it stopped cooling and the repair company said they had to replace the compressor and replace the evaporator kit. On 4/6/18, it stopped cooling again and the repairman had to replace the air handler and replace the fan and gasket. On 5/25/18, I had to have the repairman return. He said the evaporator kit had to be replaced again and he said he needed to seal the system.

My refrigerator temperature is 58 degrees, which means my family has to eat out because I purchased a refrigerator that does not keep food cold. Lowe's is where I purchased the refrigerator and they said they are not responsible. So I contacted the Better Business Bureau. I am upset, because it's not right for a consumer to in good faith purchase an appliance and it does not work. I am left with a refrigerator that serves no purpose plus it's still within a year and I am out of the cost of a refrigerator. Now I have to purchase a new refrigerator. I am not being compensated for buying a faulty appliance by Frigidaire.

Original review: June 2, 2018

This side by side fridge has flooded the drain pan multiple times. The tech came out and said it was a design flaw and that it needed a bigger drain pan, but couldn’t get one to fit. The water hose in the front is too close to the floor and too cold so it causes condensation and has caused two bumps on my hardwood floor. The drain pan at the bottom of the pan is too old and does not allow the water to flow down during a defrosting cycle so after flooding my floor again, unclogging it and having it freeze up again, I had to stick a copper wire from the condenser into the drain hole. This product is an engineering failure. DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

The refrigerator Frigidaire/Electrolux started on fire in the motor last Saturday. My husband got out the fire extinguisher and put out the fire. I called Electrolux and they are not responsible for anything past one year!

Original review: May 26, 2018

Refrigerator is 2 half years old and stopped working because it had a build up of ice preventing the fan from operating. It was caused by normal use opening and closing the freezer as moisture got into the fridge. The tech stated it is likely a design flaw. Model is Gallery FGHG2366PF1A.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information

Frigidaire
1918
www.frigidaire.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business