Frigidaire Refrigerators
2.18/5
Based on 206 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frigidaire Refrigerators

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

1063 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We purchased this Frigidaire side by side refrigerator 2 months ago. It stopped working over a week ago. When we finally got a visit from Frigidaire's authorized service company, he pulled the refrigerator out and saw that the perforated holes had not been punched out, causing it to burn up the compressor and the motherboard. Now we are waiting another week for the service company to come back out and replace those parts. 2 weeks without a fridge, all the food spoiled. And the customer service is rock bottom.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Seven years ago we bought the Frigidaire Gallery collection, French door refrigerator. We paid approximately $2000 for the refrigerator, since then we've put another $500 into it. Yet today we had to go purchase a new refrigerator because after multiple problems we are done! It started out with the back of the refrigerator freezing, then the icemaker freezing and making a loud thumping noise, the shelves on the doors cracking and breaking, the meat and cheese drawer breaking. We had to shut the water off completely to the refrigerator because the whole unit started freezing, and we haven't use the icemaker in over a year. But this past weekend it completely stopped working and we are done!!! Please, please, please do not buy this refrigerator and see the pictures attached!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am urging anyone considering a Frigidaire refrigerator to look elsewhere. They are horrible. In the short one and half years I have had this fridge it has given us a number of issues with the ice maker. Finally, the loud thumping sound that has been ongoing for the past few weeks has prompted me to leave a poor review. Our warranty has expired and we were told we gave to pay out of pocket to access the issue. As we are awaiting to put more money towards a relatively new fridge that already cost 2 thousand dollars to begin with I am livid and hoping I can spare at least someone the activation accompanied with purchasing a fridge from this company.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We spent $2K on a Frigidaire french door fridge and it only lasted four years. The ice maker had to be serviced three times. Then, the whole fridge and freezer stopped working and we were told it would cost nearly $1K to repair. Furthermore, the repair technician who came out told us that we were about to have water problems behind the fridge because the coil was just about come through the aluminum backing. We called Frigidaire, and got basically "Sorry, but it happens".

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

This company does not stand behind their products for defects that THEY consider cosmetic and not performance. I have a fridge that has waves in the doors due to improper foam installation. The authorized repair rep for this company said it was not affecting the performance so we only had a 90 warranty on a brand new purchase. This is poor customer service!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator with top freezer on Black Friday, online at Home Depot. It came damaged and dented. A new one was ordered after a week of the company trying to locate an available one. It was finally delivered Dec 22nd. I heard some noise but didn't call until Dec 26th to complain. I wanted them to swap out the defective one with a new one. I was told it was under company warranty and it needed to be repaired. I did not want it repaired, I wanted a new perfect fridge!

After two weeks the technician came and said I didn't need one part but I needed several parts!!!! Now the parts are back ordered!!! The main office has been closed to follow up on the status of the process as well! Now, I received my electric bill and it went up from 118.00 to 270.00!!! And it is because the freezer is running in overdrive!!! It makes noise continually! It is not fair to be stuck with this piece of garbage!!! The Frigidaire people are like broken records. It needs to be repaired is all they say! I am disgusted with this company and will be escalating the issue somehow...just not sure yet. Don't buy Frigidaire Products!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I want to warn!!! Everyone something plastic and Styrofoam broke inside the ice maker!!! I use crushed ice in my dark thermos!!! Anyways was driving down the road opened my thermos up and took a drink. I started choking and could not breathe and throwing up as a sharp piece of plastic went down my throat!!! Went to the hospital and have a cut down my throat. They used a light to make sure it wasn't still in my throat. When I dumped out my drink there was Styrofoam In my thermos went home took a glass and seen more Styrofoam in the glass changed to cubed ice and hard plastic came out pulled the tray and found more hard plastic and Styrofoam in the grinder of my ice maker.

I called the 1800 number they told me my warranty was up and I said my ice maker works fine but something inside of the ice maker made out of hard plastic and Styrofoam came off and I drank it!!! It choked me and made me this up and I have a cut down my throat!!! No ice for me I am so afraid of that happening again. There was a lawsuits for the ice maker in the French door refrigerators ice makers. My model was on the list. I am not sure what is going to happen but I will be contacting attorney. I am so afraid of ice now!!! I thought I was going to die it took me at least 45 minutes coughing and gagging and throwing up trying to get what was in my throat so I could even breathe. Please be aware!!! I wouldn't want that happen to anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Our ice maker keeps freezing up. We thawed it out and it will work for a while and then it freezes up again. Now it will not work at all. Also, the front doors have scratches on the surface. It is just my husband and myself in our house. We take really good care of our stuff. The doors should not scratch this easy. I will not purchase another Frigidaire appliance ever. The refrigerator is not even 2 years old. It started doing this right after the one year warranty expired.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Have called for service. Got canceled four times before they finally showed. Said they couldn’t fix. Have called warranty dept weekly for 4 more weekend wanting it fixed. Still waiting for another service crew to contact.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We just had a technician out to replace an icemaker in a 2 year old Frigidaire refrigerator. The first time they came out was a year after we bought the refrigerator, this was the second time. The tech told us that Frigidaire is aware of the icemaker issues and developed a new replacement but it is at the buyer's expense. Super disappointed in the company if this is their business mentality and will never buy Frigidaire again. Looking at reviews online, sounds like I’m not alone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I purchased Frigidaire Refrigerator little over 1 year ago. 6 months after I purchased we had to get Refrigerator man out because the waterline froze. Now 6 months later our ice maker is not making Ice. We changed the filter, repairman came out again. 70.00 now & 114.00 to have the thermostat changed. Pay so much for a fridge now. Gotta pay like 200.00 to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Within 35 days of purchase, my new refrigerator/freezer (Frigidaire model number FFTR1814TW) stopped working and was actually warming food rather than keeping it cool. Because it was just outside the 30 days from purchase, Lowe's sent a service company to repair rather than replace my defective refrigerator. The service company could not repair because it is a sealed system/compressor issue and recommended I call Frigidaire for warranty repair. Called Frigidaire (it's now over a week with no refrigerator) and was told by the surly customer service representative that a different company will be coming out next week to diagnose the issue, then I have to wait 5-7 days for the parts, another repair date, etc. So, in short, weeks until I have a working refrigerator when it is less than 2 months old!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had 2 bad experiences, and 2 good experiences! My first phone call: My first phone call to Frigidaire was answered by a totally uncaring woman. I complained of the noise my shiny new fridge was making. (I nicknamed my fridge Darth Vader because that's what it sounds like), and the fact that it would leak all over the floor for no apparent reason. She said, in a very snooty voice, "If you read the owner's manual, it says that!" She had no right to talk to me in that tone of voice. Like I have to right to call her! She sounded illiterate. I did read the owner's manual. It said the refrigerator will make noise. Of course, it will. If it doesn't make any noise, it would be because it isn't running! I'm talking about a very annoying, very unusual noise.

My 2nd phone call: I called back because I could get used to the noise, but not the wet kitchen floor. A different woman told me that "Some leakage is to be expected." Not quite as snooty, but... um... no! Leakage is not expected! My 3rd phone call: Finally, I made an angry call, based on my 2 previous experiences. This lady was friendly, concerned, and helpful! We came to the conclusion that we needed either a new filter or a bypass. If neither of those worked, she would be happy to send out a service rep. By the time I got a new filter installed (my own fault for taking so long), the ice maker had completely stopped working and was flooding the floor worse than ever! The new filter didn't help.

My 4th phone call: I was given a friendly, "How about tomorrow morning", instead of an argument! The service rep was wonderful. He knew the problem immediately. Apparently, the ice-maker has been a problem in the past (as noted in these reviews). He changed it out without hesitation, with a new model designed specifically to alleviate the problems the old ice-maker had. He also recommended leaving the ice-maker turned off (I had turned it off for awhile thinking something needed to be defrosted - I was right, but it still needed to be replaced) until we got a bypass. I had purchased the filter because I couldn't find a bypass anywhere (except online). He ordered one for us, and we got it via UPS in a few days. We now have a steady flow of ice and no leakage. Darth Vader still lives in our house, but we have gotten used to him. If he ever stops gasping for air, we will call again, because he will have died.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Bought Frigidaire Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher thru Clayton Mobile Homes brand new 12/2017. I've actually only lived in the home 10 days. I paid a lot to upgrade from the cheap appliances normally in these homes. Yet all have a shiny cheap looking exteriors that scratch extremely easily. Immediately upon removing the shipping film there were scratches on the exterior refrigerator doors, microwave, and dishwasher. All appliances develop scratches despite very careful minimal use. I don't even cook. Nothing has touched the surfaces except water and clean microfiber cloth per manufactures manual. BUT, if you do touch the exterior surfaces to clean they get scratches. And there are several different types scratches that just appear. They look terrible.

According to Frigidaire website the Refrigerator model FFSS2315TE has an Ultrasoft exterior finish. According to their representative on the phone Ultrasoft (trademark) means "matte" finish. All these appliances have shiny surfaces. I did not get what I paid for. So far Frigidaire is not correcting the problem. I feel all three appliances need to be removed and replaced with the correct models, as shown on the Frigidaire website. No children live in my home. Bought with Oakwood Mobile Home.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

This is the worst ice maker I have ever owned. Have had repair twice and still doesn’t work properly. Fan freezes all the time and makes horrible noises. I WILL NEVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT AGAIN!!! If I could get rid of it I would. No help at all from the company that made this ice maker. I am told I have to defrost it! What? Am I living in the 50’s or what? I hate this refrigerator and pray every day it will just quit so I can get rid of it! Poorest customer service I have ever encountered!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My wife's mother gifted us a brand new pretty expensive stainless steel Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator, it was a good looking refrigerator after a couple of weeks of owning it we started hearing weird noises then a got a little louder. It always makes an annoying Mechanical sound. The shelves didn't hold up very long. Like I said the workmanship is garbage just like it sounds. My ice dispenser doesn't stop when you take the glass off lever. In other words it keeps pouring ice. I bought a board a dispenser board to be exact. We thought that hopefully would take care of the problem. Spend about $160 and we still have the same problem. I am very upset. The worst part is it's not even a cheap refrigerator. They need to up their game in workmanship. I feel robbed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator manufactured by Frigidaire in 2013. Since the time of purchase I have had the icemaker/water dispenser serviced three times between 2013 and 2016. When I pulled the refrigerator out to inspect it the back had rusted out. The area of rust was approximately a foot wide and four feet long. I contacted Sears and was told I had to contact Frigidaire.

Frigidaire told me just the opposite. After investigating the problem I learned that the rust problem has been known by Frigidaire since 2008 and they have done nothing to correct it. When I got nowhere with either Sears or Frigidaire I contacted the South Carolina Consumer Affairs Division. They made my complaint known to a Sears rep who sent a letter saying there was nothing they could do about it.

When I called and spoke to this rep she was very nasty and told me to go ahead and contact an attorney. Needless to say I am very unhappy with the way I was treated and now have to purchase a new refrigerator which I cannot afford. I am 73 years old and living on a fixed income. I highly recommend that no one purchase a Frigidaire Refrigerator and if you already own one, be sure to pull it out and check the back for rust. Like some of the other complainants, I would be happy to join in on a class action suit if one is brought.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I purchased 2 refrigerators and 2 stove all by Frigidaire less than 5 years ago. I haven't had any problems with the stoves but the refrigerator's motor is now so noisy that if you're having a hard time getting to sleep they will make sure you stay awake and if you do fall asleep the motor will kick in and wake you back up. It is so loud that it can not be described as white noise. Neither had been moved from where they were originally placed. The motor stays on longer than when its quiet. I've tried adjusting the temperatures but that has no effect on the noise. It does this even if it hasn't been opened for several days. I will never buy Frigidaire products again. I am now searching for a quiet refrigerator. and I will pay whatever I have to pay for peace. My tenant bought their own refrigerator because of the noise. I now have one that is not being used. This product is CHEAP no matter what you pay for it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchase refrigerator new April, 2015 for vacation condo. Rarely visited since purchase and the digital display lights just quit working. Also has repeated minor issues with the ice dispenser. Would not purchase another Frigidaire product again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

This Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator regularly freezes our food. The ice maker produces ice that is too big for the output. This results in the ice being backed up and upon opening the freezer to investigate, ice tumbles out all over the floor. Smaller ice pieces are needed.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchase the Frigidaire Smudgeless Stainless Refrigerator Dec 2016. It has had issues with ice maker since I bought it. Serviced 3x already with multiple parts replaced. Ice Maker just broke again, 1/3/2018. I am told I have to pay for repairs now as it is out of warranty. They never had fixed it correctly. This is a very poorly manufactured and designed appliance. I am also very unhappy with the matching dishwasher, doesn't clean well, is loud and poorly designed. I'd be glad to join a class action lawsuit if there is one. So many complaints for same issue. DO NOT BUY this BRAND.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Poor quality, ice bucket broke, freezer stop freezing food, refrigerator stopped cooking. Ice build up in back of freezer causing broken fan and fan motor. Warranty co offered buyout which is only a fraction of cost paid. Dishwasher leaks when it is run causing floor to warp. It was purchased from HHGregg now out of business. Sold warranty to 3rd party who is not professional. Electrolux/Frigidaire also not offering to stand behind product. Several reviews on their site that shows my problem is not an isolated problem. Many customers within the same time period are having the same problem.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Have this refrigerator for about 2 years. The bottom ice maker never has worked correctly. Had repair person look at it multiple times and they indicated it is a design flaw which manufacturer KNOWS about. Now this is clicking again; expect it to completely break soon. Will NOT by another Frigidaire again. BUYERS: DO NOT BY this brand/model!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Purchased a Frigidaire Stainless Steel Fridge and Stove with the fingerprint resistant coating 3 weeks ago from Leon's in Fredericton. A visiting child played with magnets on it, causing an extreme amount of scratches in the coating. Nowhere in the manual does it state not to have magnets on the surface, nor did the salesperson mention it. Upon calling Leon's Fredericton and Frigidaire Canada, I am told there is nothing that can be done to fix the scratches. My new fridge looks worse than the 30 year old one it replaced, and have gotten NO satisfaction from either distributor or dealer. Very poor and misleading product and customer service. I will NEVER purchase another product from Leon's Fredericton nor Frigidaire!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Bought this side by side in 7/2015, it has been repaired 5 times for ice maker running water into ice tray and then to the floor. Now fridge does not work at all and Frigidaire won't repair or replace after purchasing an extended warranty. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY APPLIANCE MADE BY ELECTROLUX.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have the French door bottom freezer Frigidaire refrigerator with the icemaker in the fridge. I have had repair people here at least five times while under warranty and the problem is still not fixed with the icemaker continually freezing up and not working! Now that is just out of warranty I've had to purchase a warranty so that I can get it fixed again! These refrigerator should have been recalled. We should've got our money back and I am not going to stop fighting!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator on 9/16/17 and now it doesn’t work. I have been on the phone with Lowe’s and Frigidaire for 10 days now. The representative at Lowe’s has been very helpful in trying to get the problem resolved. I have called Frigidaire or have been called by them no less than 12 times. They say the hold up is that they don’t have the serial number. I have given them the number during each phone call.

They say they cannot repair the unit and will have to replace it. They somehow cannot get their act together and call Lowe’s and give them authorization to replace it. The representative I last spoke to was extremely rude. It was all I could do to remain calm. Customer service at Frigidaire needs major improvement. Here I am at Christmas with no refrigerator and working with a company that obviously has no concern for their customers. I have never been so disappointed with a company. Consider another brand when purchasing an appliance.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Purchased a new side by side Frigidaire from Best Buy. A few month after delivery the frames for the glass shelves in the bottom of the fridge cracked. They send a replacement. The clamp that held one of the Chelsea broke. They replaced it as well. Then a crack appeared on the lining wall inside the fridge about 4 to 6 inches long. They asked me to send pictures. I did, they were very nice and eventually they replaced it with the same model. After a few months of using the replacement model the same started to happen. This time all the shelves and all the drawers cracked and the crack appeared again in the very same area on the lining as the previous fridge. This time getting bigger and bigger. This time my pictures did not help. They insisted I contacted a service company they recommend. I did. They came. They took pictures. Did not recommend any repairs and left.

After many attempts by email and by phone I was told that I had refused to allow the repairs and therefore denied the replacement of the fridge. They recommended I called in for service (again) to tell them what was wrong and what needed to be done. I argued that I had already called. They had already attended. Why call them again since they would not budge. I contacted the service company and they confirmed they had sent the report to them. I asked them to send it again giving them the email address of the person looking after me (supposedly). I allowed one week to pass and wrote again asking if they had read the report and what was the next step. No answer. I wrote again and again. Finally an answer that I had refused service and would not replace fridge and asking me to contact a different service company although the First one was their first choice.

I argued again that I had never refused any service since mine was offered or proposed that it was clearly a defective fridge having the same issues in the same spots yet they stonewalled me on the basis that someone wrote in my file that I have refused service. It’s been three months. We are still sitting with half a fridge. No drawers. No shelves. Everything piled up. They have the pictures and continue to give me the runaround. I don’t recommend this model to anyone let alone paying for an extended warranty that so far all it does is aggravate us, stonewall us and frustrate us. We see no end to this nightmare. They did not like what the First company told them. I don’t know but why force me to call another one? They were highly recommended. Are they trying to cover it up? Who knows.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I just got this fridge a few weeks ago. Got it from PGE. It's been only two weeks. Defrosted. Everything not cold. They don't care bout food loss and the supervisor said couldn't get anyone out here till after Christmas. I have to throw 300 dollars of food away and they didn't care. Weren't very nice. I will never by a fridge from them. Bad review.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Only had my French door fridge for 1 1/2 years. Since I have bought it they have fixed the ice maker 5 times. Now it is broke again and will not replace it because warranty is over by 6 months. BUT this problem has existed since I purchased. Paid 1800 dollars for a lemon. Never will I buy a Frigidaire again. And their customer service is rude.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.frigidaire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use