Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Been without ice since mid December. Today marks 8th official + 2 undocumented service calls. I've been given a runaround like you've never seen! 2 authorized service companies and 3 techs involved. I'm certainly no expert but all fingers point to Frigidaire's poor record keeping - they can't even keep their own story straight between calls. There is a fortune tied up in door gaskets, ice maker gasket kits, new ice maker, heater, thermostat, ice chutes but now they want to pull it apart again and put the "original" gasket back in. Maybe one of their employees should take this unit to their home and experience the joy of 2+ service calls/month. Oh, and take time off work too!

Refrigerator was delivered in October and I still have same problem now in May and no working refrigerator. Bought it at Lowe's who takes no responsibility. Called Frigidaire as soon as it was installed and now I've had 7 technician visits and they want to send someone else AGAIN!!! Every time I need to take the days off, travel three hours to this second home and wait for service people to arrive during a three hour window.

Frigidaire isn't keeping track of what has been tried and wants to revisit items over and over and over. They need better product, better service, better record keeping and better policies. It will be cheaper for me to throw this one away and buy a new fridge than continue this crazy making. Horrible, no help personnel also telling me that it is the cheap brand. Too bad since it is nice looking and I bought three other matching pieces.

Brand new unit. I have had trouble with the icemaker, the water supply and the electronics. Each time I describe the problem. The Service man comes out and says yes my diagnosis was correct but he has no parts. Each time a second day must be taken off work for him to come back with the parts. Twice the appointment had to be changed because they ordered the wrong part. At least they let me know before they came out. Six double service call in six months is unreasonable. My daughter in law has this same unit but a few years older it took 3 service calls before hers ran properly. Do not buy this Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator model.

Purchased a new house in 2014. Refrigerator came with the house. Not 3 years into it and I'm on my 2nd unit and still having the same issues. Icemaker stops working. Design issue for sure as the tech that keep coming by replacing the same parts mentioned he has the same repair every week on the same type of units. Called Frigidaire. Worst service ever. Asked to speak to a supervisor I'm told they do not take calls. What a waste of time dealing with this. I will make sure never to recommend one of these to anyone. Frigidaire will not stand behind the product at all. Nobody ever offered me the extended warranty on these. The best part of all this is replacement parts are under warranty for 90 days and the issue happens every 8-9 months. Just great.

The Ice maker went out in the first month of owning the French Door refrigerator with in-door ice maker. Frigidaire has sent 3 different companies out with a total of 8 trips to date. They have replaced parts multiple times. After the last trip the ice maker did not last 24 hours. I contacted the serviceman when it went out just to let him know. He said the unit was junk. I contacted Frigidaire to let them know it was out again and they said it was going to be reviewed for replacement. I just Received an email for the 9th service trip. They scheduled this without contacting me to check my schedule. They can never give a time other than between 8 am and 5 pm and do not offer weekends. This will be the 9th day my wife or I have had to take off work. I Do not recommend Frigidaire products to anyone. I have never experienced customer service like this. It has been a terrible experience and I hope no one else has to deal with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

It appears that thousands of people have the same issue with Frigidaire Gallery Ice makers. Spend thousands for a new refrigerator and within months it stops making ice. Numerous calls to Frigidaire, repair trips, parts ordered, repairman telling you it really can't be fixed and the company doesn't care. "Should have bought the extended warranty." Many have but that was more money wasted since the issue CANNOT BE REPAIRED! I strongly suggest a class action against this company demanding a new non-Gallery unit. Maybe then Frigidaire will wake up and admit the design flaw! As I write this, hundreds more are being sold and until something is done, the issues will continue and Frigidaire continues to sell blatantly bad products and make a ton of money doing so. Where is the oversight?

This is the most unexceptionable operating ice maker. We upgraded to have the better quality appliance and the ice maker commonly freezes to the point of needing defrost ever 6 months. You turn off the ice maker and it can take days to melt. Who can afford the time or have the space for a full fridge to shut off long enough to thaw.

Frigidaire refrigerator Model #NFTR18X4LW4 has a problem of bumping your head if you are reaching out from the bottom and when you lift your head, the bump is deadly. Perhaps you need to issue a cushion. For an elderly person, this bump is very dangerous.

I have been having the same issue with our Frigidaire ice maker freezing up. I have spent over $800.00 on extended warranties, parts, and repairs and they refuse to acknowledge there is a problem with the ice maker. It is obviously a design flaw. They have the nerve to tell me I should have purchased the extended warranty from them at purchase. I expect a $1800.00 fridge to work correctly. I think we have enough dissatisfied consumers to go ahead with a class-action lawsuit. I just got off the phone with Frigidaire and was told they have no knowledge of any ice maker issue with this model fridge. I find that impossible to believe.

I am currently having to replace our second Frigidaire Gallery side-by-side refrigerator in seven years. We bought our first one in 2010 and within a year had the icemaker repaired at least six times. Due to the frequent repairs, which were under warranty, I managed to convince Frigidaire to replace the refrigerator. The second one lasted six years, and performed well, maintaining the same temperature in the fridge and freezer throughout those six years.

However, a few days ago, the freezer temperature started rising, and the repair man advised against repairs, which would be almost as expensive as a new refrigerator. After spending the day shopping and seeing many more gallery refrigerators in the stores, I still believe it is one of the most attractive models out there. I love the curved front and especially the brushed stainless. Unfortunately that is not available on most other models. Due to my very poor experiences with this refrigerator, and the many similar reviews I have read online, I will not be purchasing another Frigidaire. That is unfortunate because years ago this was a very respected and dependable brand.

I bought a 26 cu.ft. Frigidaire fridge on Jan. 4 2017. It makes a sharp knocking noise from the ice maker when making ice! Called Lowe's where I purchased it. They sent a repairman out to my house. He says "This is a common complaint and nothing can be done a bad design". Next he says "Turn the ice maker off at night if it keeps you awake"! So I called Frigidaire's 800 no. They just listened to no avail to my complaints. That's the extent of them backing their product. I will read in the news how another Company went bankrupt. I will never nor my family ever buy another Frigidaire product!!!

Bought a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator, and in a little over a year the ice machine broke. It would have cost about $400 to fix, or I was offered a 2 year extended warranty for slightly more than that, approx. $500. Now, my warranty is about to expire and somehow I still have a broken ice machine. I have had numerous different companies come to attempt to fix the thing, which is a massive inconvenience in and of itself. You have to schedule the appointment with the subcontractor, and they give you an 8 hour window of when they might be able to come.

Then they show up, stay for a few minutes, then say they have to order parts. This takes another week+, and the same issue with the scheduling comes up. My wife and I work full time, and it is borderline impossible to set aside all this time to wait on these guys to show up. Overall, there has been 9 separate visits of people showing up to either look at or attempt to repair the ice maker, and still no success.

Through all of that, you would think my warranty will still be ok, but no, since the companies that Frigidaire enlisted to fix my ice maker did not call in with the exact problem each time they showed, and it needs to be the exact same part replaced 4 separate times, my warranty is about to void. They consider anything working after 30 days a completely fixed product. This company is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Avoid at all costs. I never, ever write reviews for anything, this place is the worst.

We purchased a French door refrigerator in April of 2015. Before the 1-year warranty was up the ice maker went out. Purchased extended warranty until April of 2019. Have had it repaired 8 times. The last time I called in mad and was told I could cancel the extended warranty and they would prorate and send back part of what I paid for their junk warranty, so I cancelled. Called today and they say no refund and no more warranty because we cancelled it. BEWARE, do not purchase Frigidaire products. Look at their Facebook page and see all the horrible reviews on all their products and customer service.

Microwave sr# KG63405978 Model #FGMV175QFA - I replaced our GE kitchen collection (5YRS OLD) because I wanted to update to stainless. The Gallery Series looked nice so we bought the package. Had it installed, left town for 7 days, upon return used the microwave to pop a bag of popcorn. I used the popcorn setting to pop the corn. 3 minutes into popping the corn, my wife saw a blue glow in the back of the microwave. A hole had been burned in the back the size of a dime. After calling Frigidaire and telling them they had an issue, the proceeded to tell me it was my fault I've had many microwaves and this never happened. They won't cover a replacement. DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE ANYTHING. TEXT ME FOR PICTURES. You won’t believe it.

They have a bad product. Will not stand behind them and tell you they have a year warranty but will hide everything in the owner's manual that they don't cover after you already buy it before you can see the junk that you just bought. They need to be banned from selling this just in the United States. Need more American companies less junk.

Repair techs say there is no way to repair the ice maker in these refrigerators. There should be a recall and/or a replacement. No one should pay $2000.00 for an appliance that doesn't half work. The remedy is to power the unit off for hours until the ice melts (risking food contamination). This is highly unacceptable!!! Frigidaire Gallery FGHB2866PFGA Purchased: December 6, 2015 SEARS - (Greenbrier Pkwy) Chesapeake, VA.

Purchased Frigidaire fridge in fall of 2016 freezer not working and The Brick sent out a new one same model, still freezer not working. The Brick would not look after problem and I had to deal with repair myself, numerous service calls and I still have a freezer that doesn't work, temp goes up and down between 5 and 20. Dealing with this for 7 months. Will never recommend this business to anyone nor this brand of fridge.

This refrigerator is a Gallery Refrigerator that I have had less than six months and the ice maker has broken twice already. Dispenses ice slowly when it does work and keeps freezing. This time it is broke and I have not got anyone to come out to fix it with multiple calls. I would stay away from Frigidaire refrigerators. Horrible service and terrible ice maker and water dispenser. The company is aware of the multiple complaints from people but has done nothing to remedy the situation so far.

Ice maker freezes up will not make ice. After long defrost period assisted by blow dryer... will work again. Have had for two years. After thawing keep using ice... This machine Loves to make ice... Lasts longer between thaws if you use ice abundantly!!!

Purchased the Frigidaire french door 27 cu. ft. 2 years ago. 13 months later the ice maker stopped working but since it was 1 month out of warranty, no luck under warranty. After several discussions, they agreed to pay for parts if I used their recommended service tech, which I was happy to do. Over the next year, the service tech was out approx 6-8 times, all due to ice maker freezing up. The last time, the service tech (very happy with their service ) talked to troubleshooter with Frigidaire and they agreed to send out an "add on" insulation kit as this was an obvious problem. The kit included extra insulation for the entire back and around ice maker.

There is no doubt this was a design flaw as this was an add on part and not a replacement. Well, the refrigerator worked fine until recently, and now the same problem. Frigidaire offered to sell me a warranty and I told them I do not want to put another dime into a defective product. Bottom line, I'm 62 years old and this is by far the worst appliance I have ever purchased. I would be very leary of buying this product. I am stuck with a lemon that is approx 2 1/2 years old. Not great situation. Thanks.

Just purchased Frigidaire refrigerator in Nov 2016. Model# FFSS2614QS6A. We have now had to replace ice maker. It has been making ice but after each use of the ice maker or the water, there was a loud knocking in the unit. The technician replaced entire unit stating that Frigidaire is aware of a flaw in the design where the heater is not getting hot enough to prevent icing up after ice has been made. He states he has replaced lots of them. He even had one on the truck as he already knew the problem. If Frigidaire is aware why aren't they correcting the issue? Sounds like a class action suit in the making to me. People aren't going to keep having these things repaired over and over. Frigidaire used to be a good product.

Purchased my Frigidaire refrigerator Model # FGHB2866PF Nov 2016, and I placed my first service call for the loud buzzing noise from the ice maker in Dec 2016. I was told by the technician that Frigidaire is aware of this problem. All I need to do is add this part and this will solve the problem. My second service call for the same issue the ice maker was in Jan 2017, my third call was in Feb 2017 and then again in March 2017. I now waiting on a kit to come in that was ordered. I have been without ice for almost 2 weeks. So I asked the representative on the phone, "Isn't four service calls a lot for the same issue." She said, "It is but until the technician tell us that it can't be fixed this is what has to happened."

I receive the extended warranty in the mail for an additional cost. I buy your product that has a known problem that the company is aware of and instead of doing a recall on these items you want me to pay you more money because we both know that this will be an ongoing issue. Well here's what is gonna happen before I give frigidaire another cent I will live without having a ice maker that works until I am able to purchase another fridge from a better company.

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in Dec 2016. It is March 21, 2017 I have had extensive issues with this refrigerator. It cuts off and defrost my food or the next day it freezer burns my food. I bought it from Badcock furniture. I have had several accounts with them and have so far been happy. Frigidaire has had service men come out and cannot seem to fix it. I want a new refrigerator. If I wanted a patched up one I would have gone to the second hand store. I will never purchase any thing with Frigidaire on it. Very unhappy. I will probably put it out in the yard and go buy something like a Kenmore - that name I can trust.

This is the second Frigidaire Refrigerator I have bought. First one lasted five years, and the second one won't last that long. Both have had ice maker problems! And both have had shelving that has fallen off the brace and cracked every time. Not one, not two, but every damn one of them. No, we don't slam our doors shut! It just seem to not be supported or they just done fit properly. I'm not looking for them to replace these brackets! I'm just saying you need to stay away from purchasing! They know the problem and they just don't seem to fix them on their new refrigerators. Same problems every new model. I don't understand why they just don't attach them with little plastic rivets!? This way you can take the shelving unit off. That would be too simple!

I bought a Frigidaire side by side fridge with an ice maker built into the top left. The freezer is on the bottom. The refrigerator was purchased in 2014. About six months in, the ice maker stopped making ice. I contacted frigidaire and had a tech come out. I was told that the ice maker was frozen and I would need to thaw out the refrigerator for two days to ensure that it dried out. What a pain, however this worked. Three months later, the same thing happened again. Again I let everything thaw out, and it made ice again. The third time that it happened, the warranty was expired, and unfortunately, thawing the ice maker out did not work.

Talk about a poorly made product! I have reached out to Frigidaire to see what other suggestions they may have, and have received a lukewarm response, with little else to offer. This is extremely disappointing considering the age and price of the refrigerator. The customer service was extremely poor and unapologetic as well.

I can't believe how cheaply made the crisper drawers are and the shelving. My top shelf used for larger liquids sags. There are only two of us in the house and it only holds milk water and some juice. Should be stronger than it is. The crisper drawer broke after one year. It costs at least $50 dollars to replace. What a joke it should be stronger than it is and for that price it should not break. This refrigerator replaced one that was 35 years old and never had anything break on it. What a shame that no one cares about quality anymore. Will never recommend a Frigidaire to anyone. Even the Frigidaire logo fell off!!!

I bought a side by side with a bottom freezer and let me tell you about it. It was made in 6/16 and I bought it in 9/16 and I have nothing but problems with it. My ice maker never made ice and when it did it only made 8 cubes at a time. I called to complain about it in January and they did nothing. I finally got a repairman to come out and he replaced all the parts that was able to. 5 times and finally got somewhere to have it replaced. I lost so much food and I got 3 daughters to support.

That have no recall on the light bulb melting the plastic above the light in the refrigerator. They gave me a repair name to call for a repair at my cost. This is a manufacturer deficit. My son has the same problem.

On Wednesday night March 1, 2017, we woke in the middle of the night to the smell of smoke in our home. When we walked into the kitchen the smoke was thick. My husband pulled the refrigerator out to find the under part of our refrigerator in flames. It's only 4 yrs old. Thank goodness we were home and caught it. We have pets and they could have burned to death in a fire. But then I think about it and I'm freaking out. What if we hadn't woke up. It was a lot of smoke. We could have died. I'm so upset and considering hiring an attorney. I contacted the company and have yet to get a response. If I don't hear anything back by Monday I will be contacting one. I purchased this in September 2012.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We bought we thought at the time the top of the line from Frigidaire their Gallery Line. What a nightmare with the upper ice maker. We have the French Doors with lower pull out freezer. The upper ice maker ice quits making ice and we have had the repairman out here 6 times including after the 5th time to replace it. This one quit making ice as well so the repairman brought out his hair dryer to unfreeze the fan which seems to be the problem. He was just here less than a month ago and it has stopped again. The ice cubes coming out before it quit were not fully frozen and in fact water was leaking from the ice maker dispenser chute onto the shelf of the refrigerator. Their warranty says they will replace with a brand new appliance if the technicians determine your is beyond repair. After 15 months of frustration I think we should ask them to honor their warranty.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.
  • Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.
  • Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.
  • Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.
  • Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.
  • Best for Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Compare Refrigerators