Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 14, 2022

Noisy from day of purchase. Refrigerator freezer does not defrost and the refrigerator part does not cool after just 16 months. Extended warranty repairman cannot be scheduled for 8 days. Paid 985 dollars at Lowes in OCT 2020. Hope the extended warranty takes care of this--but should not have to wait for 8 days for a repairman.

Original review: March 5, 2022

CAS is knowingly selling defective merchandise and Frigidaire continues to sell defective product. Within hours of plugging in our new Frigidaire refrigerator it started making a ridiculously loud "buzzer" sound and would go off every couple of hours.

>We found out CAS is aware of Frigidaire's having this issue but continue to sell it; no warning.
>CAS has a returns policy in place that doesn't allow returns of defective products. CAS removes themselves from customer responsibility and puts it on the manufacturer, "the process is for you to have the manufacturer send a technician...".
>No offer of refund or exchange.
>We have asked for a refund every day and have been denied.
>Provide minimal communication - email only; 1 call back and no CAS escalation process.

>Leaves us, our kids, with no refrigerator 5 days and counting.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2022

6 weeks after purchasing a Frigidaire refrigerator it stopped functioning. Instead of fixing or replacing it, the company has told me to wait while they attempt to find back ordered parts. In the meantime it won’t cool my food.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Buyer Beware! I purchased a Frigidaire fridge from Costco in January 2021. The fridge started failing in Nov 2021 – it wouldn’t keep food cold in the fridge or freezer section. After trouble shooting on our own, we contacted Costco’s warranty department in mid Dec of 2021. They said because the fridge was still under manufacturer’s warranty that they couldn’t help us and to talk to Frigidaire. After multiple calls to Frigidaire’s customer service department (who kept repeatedly telling me I couldn’t read the serial # on the fridge in front of me) they figured out it wasn’t actually a Frigidaire fridge but made by Curtis International, who pays Frigidaire to put the Frigidaire logo on their appliances. I was passed off yet again.

A few calls and emails to Curtis later, I finally got ahold of their warranty department, and after sending in a bunch of photos they agreed to warranty the fridge. They said we would get either a new fridge sent to us or a cheque for what we paid at Costco. This whole process took weeks to go through. The warranty was approved in January (almost a month later from the initial contact), but they would not tell me what the resolution was going to be (either a new fridge or cheque). We had been without a functioning fridge since Nov and all I was asking was what option they were doing so I could either wait or go out and buy a new fridge.

Multiple calls to customer service and emails to the warranty department left me with no answers. NO ONE could answer my simple question, their replies were vague, template answers and not helpful. And the warranty department will only reply to emails, and it takes days to reply and even then they don’t answer questions. I finally got an email for head office after calling customer service (again) and escalating my complaint to a supervisor. Again, only email (no phone) and days later they finally said they were sending a cheque (no timeline when). This was now 1 month from when the warranty was approved. I cannot understand why it would take 1 month to answer the question: are you sending me a fridge or a cheque.

Throughout this process I had repeatedly asked for someone to talk to me about the amount of the refund, because we bought it from Costco and used two forms of payment on the receipt (gift card and credit card). No one would ever call me or answer the question about the cheque amount until it was too late. The cheque arrived and it was not what we paid for the fridge! It was about $135 less, despite the fact that we sent them multiple copies of the receipt and I requested we discuss this before they sent the cheque. I still don’t know where they got that amount from that they sent me, as that number is nowhere on the receipt or anywhere near the retail price we paid.

This has been a horrible customer experience with this company. The communication is extremely poor and practically non-existent, and now not only am I out a fridge (which I had to destroy) but I am out $135 and I still have to go buy a new fridge! This all could have been avoided if they had communicated timely and properly. In retrospect, I would have demanded that Costso give me a refund and never dealt with this awful company. I am in awe that Frigidaire would do business with such an awful company and put their name and brand on their products. I would be hard pressed to even buy a Frigidaire product again, in case it was actually Curtis again. And quite frankly, if their standards for partners are that low, I don’t want their products.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I purchased a defective refrigerator on 12/26/21. Called Frigidaire on 1/4/22 and no tech was sent until 1/10/22. The freezer was full of ice and the refrigerator was warm. He found the freezer box was warped and didn't fit. I was told Frigidaire would contact me. On 1/12/22 I called them and was told I had to wait 7 to 10 days to find out what they would do. All food had to be thrown away and I had no refrigeration. After calling again on 1/20/22 I was treated with suspicion and rudeness, then hung up on. Finally on 1/25/22 I received a replacement. Had to change the swing and install the handles myself. I am a 73 year old widow living on social security and cannot afford to lose all the food plus suffer the mental anguish. Frigidaire has certainly gone downhill.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

New refrigerator, arrived with a small dent, I accepted a discount to keep it, with my military discount it dropped the price quite a bit, only problem is the bottom door alignment is slightly off, I can live with it. I have to say it replaced a 16 year old unit, the quality has dropped. Let's see if it has the longevity as my old one.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

10 months after purchasing the Frigidaire refrigerator our cooling/freezing fans began to make noise. Frigidaire replaced all the fans under warranty. 2 months later the fans began making noise. Frigidaire replaced the refrigerator fan under warranty. 6 days later, now out of warranty, the fans began rattling again. There is obviously a design issue with their refrigerators. This refrigerator is a replacement for a GE refrigerator which had its own problems. I can't find a refrigerator that I'd recommend these days but I definitely stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I had hoped for so much better from such a recognized brand. A brand new refrigerator has broken down 3 times in just over 2 years. Instead of owning up to their bad product, they tell me that the warranty was only good for one year! Trying to get in touch with customer service by phone - well, the hold times are way too long, the system often glitches and hangs up on you, and when you FINALLY get in touch with a person, they can't really help. Buy a different brand, or Caveat Emptor...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We purchased this Model # LFHB2751TF8 Refrigerator in Nov2021 from Lowes with a 5 year warranty. It was delivered on Nov 28th. After a week it started making less and less ice until it would only make about a glass full in 24 hours. With the holidays going on we waited to call for service because we didn't know when someone could be there for the service. Apparently we waited too long so Lowes would not do anything. We then contacted Frigidaire service department and set up a service appointment for Jan 4th between 8am and 12:00. We were given the name of the service company and a phone number. On Jan 4th we waited until 1:00 pm and called the company to see when they would be there. We were informed that they did not have a service ticket for our address or name.

We called Frigidaire and were told by a recording that we needed to call back as they were very busy with calls. We started an online chat and was told that the service was being done by another company that would be there between 8:00am and 5:00pm. While on the chat we called the company and they said that they did not have an order for our name or address. The chat service sent a service order to the first company name we were given. We called and the lady said that the order had just come in minutes before and she was sorry but they didn't service our area.

Frigidaire was going to send the order to the second company but in that short amount of time the company had taken its self off Frigidaire's list of service companies. We were then told that all Frigidaire could do was turn me over to their locator department to try and find another service company that would take the service order and it would be 3 to 5 business days before we heard from them. I asked for a supervisor that told me the same thing. We can't give a favorable review for this unit but we do give Frigidaire a very unfavorable review as to how they handle the service of their products. We would never purchase anything from Frigidaire again. They only seem concerned with the sale, not the service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Brand new refrigerator ice didn’t work. Called 1st time. Was given 3 comp. to call all over 1 month for service. Called back. They gave their better comp. that they use. Waited 2 weeks till they could get there. I keep calling that company 14 times in 5 weeks. Now that company is rtv appliance in farmingdale ny. Waiting each time 15 to 30 min. Sometime I gave up and sometimes they answered. They said waiting for part 5 weeks now close to 6 weeks. Not yet. That’s not a good excuse. I could get parts in less then a week. I kept calling Frigidaire several times. Waited so long several times. I gave up. When I did get thru 1st time they would look in to it. Never did. 2nd time they took my # to call back. Never did. 3 & 4 times they hung up on me. (Stay clear of Frigidaire)

Frigidaire author review by Sandy Baker

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information