Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could give this review zero stars, I would. Where do I even start: bought a Frigidaire refrigerator and freezer in the Spring of 2016. We've only had problems with it. First, the shelves came chipped. We contacted Frigidaire so we could return them. Instead, they first wanted pictures of the damaged shelves. Like who's gonna contact you to replace damaged shelves for the heck of it. So we of course sent them pictures first, and then eventually they managed to send us new shelves.

Then, while all of this was going on, the temperature of both the freezer and fridge were out of control. They were too high. The freezer was in the positive degrees, and the fridge was almost in the double digits! So we kept calling Frigidaire and they finally sent someone to take a look. Every time the technicians came, they broke more things than they fixed. This continued on and off for ten months. They've come to "fix" our fridge and freezer a total of 6 times! And they still don't work!

Their customer service phone line closes at 6pm which is ridiculous. What if people have issues in the evening, like restaurants etc.? What do they do, have all their food and products ruined because no one at Frigidaire is there to pick up the phone? Everything from their customer service, to their products, to their technicians are all incredibly horrible. There actually isn't one good thing I can say about them. They first grab your money when you buy their products, and then the technicians keep coming every couple of months so they can grab some money for themselves too. They're all a bunch of crooks. Thankfully we are still under our 1 year warranty and cannot wait to get these two pieces of junk, both the fridge and freezer, out of here. As a warning to anyone who is thinking of buying any, any at all, Frigidaire products. Do yourself a favour and keep your sanity and your hard-earned money by buying somewhere else.

The refrigerator (Gallery side by side) itself is ok, but the ice maker makes the appliance far less than desirable. The ice maker makes too much ice which then overfills the ice container. Then the ice cubes stick together so that when you try to dispense ice nothing comes out. So you need to open the freezer, shake the container and hopefully free up enough ice to get the unit to dispense.

Often ice cubes get stuck in the dispensing chute. Then again, you need to open the freezer door and try to dislodge the stuck ice. Then when you again close the door and try again to dispense ice, more often than not a huge blast of ice comes out overflowing everywhere all over the floor. By the time you're done with all that and picking the ice off the floor. I've had service folks in and they tell me that this model is known for that and there is no fix other than to daily dump out ice from the container as it overfills. Really poor design. You're better off using old fashioned ice trays.

I bought a very expensive, and beautiful looking, fridge with water filter and ice maker built in. Unfortunately, after around 12 months, both the ice maker broke and the replacement filter arrived (which is also expensive from vendor) which was faulty. Trying to get through on the phone in a reasonable amount of time is impossible, so send an email which they claim they will respond to within 2 business days. They do respond, usually around 5 days each time, but use the opportunity to ask more pointless questions and not respond to original simple request. Now waited well over a month to get simple answer on a query, despite constant follow ups each week, and very disappointed with level of service. All the while, no longer able to use my water filter. Would never buy from this manufacturer again.

The ice maker failed after a few months of use. Repairperson repaired so I was told. Worked for about 8 months then failed again. As it was beyond a year Frigidaire refused to repair. Now after 2 years fridge will not maintain cooling temps appears it is not defrosting. One word to describe this fridge "Garbage".

I bought the Frigidaire Gallery kitchen package in September 2014. The items included the French door model #LGHB2867PF5 which I have just submitted my 3rd repair request through my protection plan from Lowe's. The issue is with the upper ice maker. First problem in March 2015, rear seal broke which allowed internal parts to freeze and break. Second repair January 2016, same problem. Third repair, February 4th, 2017, the upper ice maker Is defrosting and water is dripping out on floor. The word from Lowe's protection plan about the lemon policy is it has to break down 3 times in a year to have it replaced. My response was that would make it a POS not a lemon. I will only accept a replacement because the issue has been with the same part and has not been able to be fixed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

We purchased our refrigerator in January 2015. Stainless steel, double doors on top freezer in bottom drawer. Model #FGHF2366PF. The first repair came in December of 2015 with the water line to the ice maker freezing. We had this repaired several times, bought the extended warranty. The cold drawer is also freezing the contents. On 1/19 - our 7th repair, the entire icemaker was replaced. It stopped working the next day. The repair tech called Frigidaire to say it couldn't be repaired, they insisted on a second opinion. We had the 8th repair today, and a whole new icemaker was again installed. Customer service told me that if the service tech says it can't be repaired or the SAME part is replaced 3 times, they might replace the unit. The repair tech that was here today said when they call Frigidaire's tech help area they insist it CAN be repaired. I have read other reviews about this unit and they all say the same thing.

I would not recommend Frigidaire to anyone. We have lost countless hours of work to be here for the repair appointments, this product - after 8 repairs - is obviously a lemon. I bought a new Frigidaire range at the same time and had that repaired several times as well. I wish I had the reviews before buying this product. I hope my review can save hardship for other people. I'm ready to go to the Better Business Bureau. Very frustrating!

Bad appliance, bad service, contract fraud. I bought a side by side 11/2016. In Jan 2017 the fridge went out. It started making a noise then it stop freezing. The ice machine been messed up. I wanna know who responsible for the customers well being after the purchases.

Bought this refrigerator to replace the old one because the ice maker suddenly gave up after 10 years. Wanted to upgrade for a bigger better one well... As soon as Best Buy came to install it, it started having problem with ice build ups, bottom freezer door not closing and the ice maker was only giving us 5 or 6 pieces of ice cubes. Called to complain and they sent technicians a few times until the manufacture warranty expired. The ICE MAKER has never worked even up to the lowest expectations and NOW it has completely shut down. No ice anymore.

We have tried to make our case with BEST BUY and the manufacturer but we have been given the middle finger instead. Yeap, after all that money we wish we would have kept the old one. The satisfaction review should be from 0 to 5 because we don't want to give this refrigerator not even a 1. Let us know if they ever do the right thing and recall this product and refunds the cost or, of any lawsuits. We will join.

My mom purchased a really nice looking (and very expensive) stainless fridge and freezer combo by Frigidaire. She has had it less than a year and is going in her 6th service call for the ice maker unit! They continue to put band-aids on the issue and refuse to allow the contracted repair company to replace the unit! I am getting ready to purchase all new appliances for my new house and will make sure not a single one will have the Frigidaire logo on them.

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator, Model # FFHS2611LWC, SERIAL # 4A33910867 from Lowe's on 2 Dec 2013 and delivered & installed on 4 Dec 2013. I did not buy an extended warranty, as they are a waste of money. Incidently, our previous refrigerator was a Whirlpool, that lasted well over 20 years. We thought that at that age, it was time to update. Also, I cleaned up that refridge and sold it for $150.00 and it was still working fine. Now, this piece of junk that we are stuck with has giving me Ice Maker problems almost since day one. On 6 June 2015, (about a 1 1/2 years old) after calling Frigidaire, was told to call a local appliance repair co. The technician said it needed a new Ice Maker. When I asked an approximate price for the maker, I was floored, plus the replacement charge. I had already paid him $43.29 for his "VISIT".

I then purchased an Ice Maker, original equipment, and replaced it myself, as I am mechanically inclined. I paid less than he quoted and also got a military discount. It took about 20 minutes or less to replace it. It worked fine for a while. It then started again with the same problem. Luckily, I kept the original one and replaced it. Now, when it acts up, I switch them out. I have already done this at least 3 times. I believe, it is a defectively made part, but Frigidaire refuses to admit it. We are just about ready to buy a new fridge but, believe me, it will NOT be another Frigidaire. I highly recommend anyone in the market for a Refrigerator, DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE, you'll regret it.

My refrigerator leaked all over my floor. I dealt with black mold and a saggy floor. Frigidaire was going to replace the products and I've tried for 2 weeks to get them to come out and I keep getting the runaround. I have been dealing with this since November. I would love to return all the products and go with a reputable company.

Last night while I was sleeping in my house with my wife and three kids, I was woken to one of my kids yelling and crying, to find out the house was filled with smoke, with an electrical smell. After trying to find the source of the smell of smoke I found out it was coming from behind the fridge. When I looked on the bottom and took the back cover off I saw a small fire and sparks. I immediately unplugged the refrigerator and now all my food is going bad.

Customer Service is unavailable. Totally ridiculous... If we wouldn't have woken up who knows what would have happened. I cannot reconnect it as we have a gas line running behind our stove directly next to the refrigerator. Terrifying. Could have been devastating. Need an immediate resolution to this issue. If no response within 24 hours we will be contacting our lawyer. I do not see any recalls listed online, however through research today I find that this is a common occurrence with your refrigerators. Serious issue should not be ignored, lives and property can be lost.

The ice maker has several issues: 2-4 ice cubes stick to gather and jam ice dispenser. You then have to open the freezer and fish them out of the dispenser. They will also come out all at once blasting ice all over your kitchen. The third issue is the motor will run to dispense ice for like 30 seconds then spit out chipped ice when you want cubes and immediately followed by cubes overflowing your glass blasting ice all over the floor. I have had this refrigerator for four years and go through one of these issues daily. It is obnoxious and frustrating. If I could afford a new one this one would be on the curb. I will never purchase this brand ever again. By the way this is our first Frigidaire appliance and last!!

Bought new Frigidaire French door/ice maker 27.86 cu model LGHB2867PF. Been a NIGHTMARE! I have had it serviced 4. Yes 4 times. Will not... Never... produce ice. Lowe's who I bought it from says it's all on Frigidaire. No help. The first repairman said "This thing will never produce ice". I guess he was right. 3 repair calls later still does not work. Said it is "bottom end" model design. So $2000 was bottom end??? I took out year extended warranty. Guess I am glad I did. This will run out in 2/2018. I guess I should get to know these repair guys. This appears to be a lemon. I got ride of my 23 year old Roper fridge that I only ever change the light bulb from inside twice in 23 years. I guess I got hosed!

Our fridge was delivered in August 2016 - It has double fridge doors up top and the freezer along the bottom. Ice maker completely stopped working twice already. The technician came out and said they have a huge problem with these fridges and the company should do a recall but hasn't yet. I think mine is an Electrolux that Frigidaire bought out. Anyway, the fan keeps freezing over and I have to take my hair dryer and unfreeze it all the time; now the fan won't work at all (again). Second tech visit and he is simply replacing the ice maker tomorrow. I am looking into getting the fridge replaced based on customer satisfaction... not sure how far that will go.

I bought my refrigerator in May of 2017. In June I had to call for service on my ice maker because it stopped working. They replaced the gasket then it worked again. In December, it stopped making again. Now I am still waiting for parts to come in. I called Frigidaire to see if I can get new refrigerator due to constant issues and they don't give new products, they will only repair as many times that the problem is there within the manufacturing warranty year. If you do not have an extended warranty then you are out of luck basically. I told rep that all the reviews I am reading have many issues with the same problem "the ice maker" and that didn't change a thing. This company is supposed to be a reputable name but has continued to keep these products on the market for sale knowing that so many people are having issues with them. Shame on them!

We bought a fridge in September, hooked it up in October and in November it stop cooling. We called. They sent a guy from a contracted company here within a few Days. He showed up an hour late and I needed to leave to get my kids from a school and he said "it's the seals". So he fixed them and then just stopped cooling a week and a half ago and they canceled on us and said it would be that Friday. Then never showed up. Then they said Monday. Then never showed up. We called and they said it would be Friday.

Then today Thursday and haven't showed up yet at 3:56 pm. I'm seriously about done. I would never recommend this company for the fact the product messing up twice within a couple months and the fact the companies they have contracted are not dependable!! If something don't happen today I will be the one calling Frigidaire myself instead of my husband!! This could be fixed if they'd get heads out of butts or just replace it. Nothing like a family having to keep a cooler outside with their food in it and not able to go to grocery store due to it!!! Poor Company in every way!!!

About 18 months ago, I purchased a brand new Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. Immediately I noticed that the ice maker was going to be an issue. I dealt with the problems for about six months, then used my extended warranty and got a new ice maker installed. Immediately I knew it is a design flaw. The ice maker has several major issues: ice comes out connected, usually 2-4 cubes together, then they get stuck in the dispenser causing a backup. You have to open the door and manually take all the ice out of the door. Or, they come out all at once, blasting ice all over your kitchen. Absolutely ridiculous.

My 10 year old GE refrigerator I had before had the original ice maker that worked 100 times better! I have contacted Frigidaire many times, only to receive a canned response from them stating their dedication to customer satisfaction, but never actually do anything about it. I know of at least 4 other people who bought the same line of fridge, and have the exact same problems!

We purchased a kitchen suite in stainless steel about 18 months ago. The dishwasher runs but is louder than my former 16 year old KitchenAid. The refrigerator water dispenser was serviced 2 times for cloudy water even after replacing filter 3 times in succession. On the 3rd service call the appliance dealer service rep has ordered all new parts for water and ice dispenser.

We also purchased a 'garage' refrigerator/freezer and after 8 months of use we found the food thawing in the freezer... Temp read 28 degrees and it was set on the lowest level. In this case Frigidaire was contacted by company we purchased from and Frigidaire was to service it on a Monday. They subsequently left a message that appt had to be changed to several days later. Just poor quality and poor customer service.

I have the Frigidaire Gallery series and it is functional. A little louder than my previous Kenmore when it cycles on but still acceptable. The style is just a little boring from the outside view. We could only fit a top freezer model into our spot so we could not purchase another model. It is smudge free and I like that. Indoor space is good and adjustable door bins.

Paint started chipping a few weeks after buying and had to have it repaired twice in the first year. I also own a Frigidaire freezer that failed within a year of purchase. They fixed it and not even 3 months after repair it failed again and they refused to fix it. Customer service is horrible.

The Frigidaire side by side 26 cu ft was nothing but problems from the start. I bought this unit 6+ years ago along with extended service plan which ran out 2 months ago and the unit stopped working last Monday. I would not recommend this unit to anyone if they're looking to purchase a dependable unit. I replaced it with a LG side by side stainless. We'll see how well that works. From the start the extended service plan is so much better than the previous one I had.

We purchased a Frigidaire Professional Series French door refrigerator 11/17 and needed to request a service call for the unit 11/26. The cold drawer was freezing all the contents and the switching relay was turning on and off. The initial call to customer service was not great - the customer service agent told me the relay switching on and off is normal and "that there is nothing they can do, this is normal operating conditions". The cold drawer freezing the food warranted a service call - the technician determined there was a manufacturing defect and the sensor would need to be replaced. When we asked about the relay he too said this was normal. I also showed the technician that the left side of the French door will not stay open unless you're supporting it. His response was the waterline is in the way and won't allow the door to stay open.

2 weeks later the technician returned to replace the sensor which seems to be fine. No fix for the door and no fix for the relay turning on and off (4:00 AM). I spoke with customer service again today about the relay and was once again told there is nothing they can do to fix this however they would schedule a technician to come out and look at the problems but if they didn't find any issues we would be charged for the service call. We're very disappointed with the product and the lack of service along with the lack of professional courtesy.

2 years after buying my Frigidaire, the ice maker became dysfunctional and started freezing up the water line and wouldn't make ice. After a repairman told us the problem was a defect in the ice maker, I got a replacement from Frigidaire that was an improved ice maker, but still have problems with it making too much ice and shutting off the ice maker still allows the water to fill the ice cube tray and creates a stalagmite type of frozen mess in the freezer that I have to take everything out of the freezer and using a hair dryer, completely defrost the freezer. Now I just almost empty the ice cube holder every other day so the ice maker doesn't overflow with ice. Appliances should not need the extensive care I have to go through to maintain a working ice maker.

Frigidaire is a well know brand and been around for quite a while. We bought ours in 2007 and have had a number of parts fail, more than would otherwise be expected for a brand with what I'd call a diminishing pedigree. Otherwise we've been generally satisfied with its operation and serviceability. I do see it as exceptional, but does the job satisfactorily.

I have used this refrigerator for 3+ years. It does not do as well on conserving energy. Plus the aesthetic appeal is average. To have more space, it could be a bit taller and wider. Fresh foods do not retain their freshness as long as I expect, that is, about 2 weeks. Freezer door compartments could be a bit larger.

I bought a Frigidaire because I owned the one it was replacing for approx. 15 years and I never had a problem at all with it. But I don't feel the quality of the new refrigerator is as good as in older models. The freezer door doesn't close properly and a glass tray had to be replaced and this has happened in the first 6 months of use. The refrigerator cools properly but again the quality of it is lacking.

The quality of Frigidaire has dropped in the years. Had this refrigerator for about 6 years and the damper door don't work all the time giving cold temp to the food area, so refrigerator runs longer. Also, freezer does not keep ice cream hard. I will never buy this manufacturer's unit again.

When we purchased a stainless steel refrigerator a black bald one came with only a stainless steel front number one and I don't think there's a man on earth that is ever put the refrigerator freezer on the right side. My refrigerator section is against the wall and the freezer section into my kitchen. I don't even open the refrigerator door. I've also already replaced the ice maker when it was just one year old. I am not satisfied with this refrigerator at all. Check the sides of the refrigerator on display where you can't see and how long you can expect the ice maker to work.

We have only had this appliance for 6 months and we are already on the 4th filter. At $50 Ea. At the cost for filters we could have bought a much nicer refrigerator. Glad we realized the cost of the filters. Our handle is also faulty and coming loose. Wish I would have read about this brand before making our purchase from Lowe's. I would also like to know where all these old filters are supposed to go? At the rate of replacements our landfill will be filled with these in no time. Why aren't our government officials overseeing what manufacturers are building and seeing to it they aren't producing products we can not, either reuse or breakdown waste-wise.

Humans HAVE to stop producing things that litter our planet with products we cannot dispose of. These filter should be reusable. It's all about the money. These filters require wasting 15 GALLONS!!! Of water (undrinkable) before using. That is outrageous. We have lost 4 trillion gallons every yr. For the last 5 yrs. In water from lack of rain. Not to mention countries where people are dying because they have no water where they live now. Companies need to be accountable for these things.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.
  • Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.
  • Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.
  • Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.
  • Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.
  • Best for Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Compare Refrigerators