Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I bought our new Refrigerator about 3 months ago and I could not be more satisfied with it. This unit looks great in our kitchen but it also lives up to its name. This unit keeps a steady temperature better than any other brand I have had. I would recommend this refrigerator not only to my friends but also to my family.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The brand I like is Frigidaire. I love the lighting, the room, the size and the color. I would recommend this brand to everyone. When you have a big family you need plenty of room. And my refrigerator has just that. I'm able to put plenty of leftovers in there and I'm able to keep my veggies and fruit nice and crisp. Not to mention the color black is just the hands don't show as much with the kiddos. Go out and get you a frigidaire. You won't be disappointed. In fact you will want to upgrade every year a new one come out.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

We have a shallow depth design in our kitchen so we are limited to models that for. We also have a height issue so even more limiting. We were lucky to find this Frigidaire and we like the cold water and ice on the outside as our kids are getting water all day and now don’t have to open the fridge constantly. So far the fridge has been working well. We also like the 3rd drawer and the ability to set the temp in there as we want.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have to say, I am very biased. I prefer Frigidaire. We have 2 side by side units, one from 2006, and the other one is from 2017. Both have worked very well, and, yes we have had some minor repairs that I always could fix, but, overall, they just do what we expect. I think the key is to not buy all of the fancy electronics. Both of our units just have water / ice in the door, and that is all. On the 2006, other than filters, I just replaced the water control assy in the back of the unit. Part was less than 40.00. So, I guess I have had good ones. I still would buy them again.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator September 2019, Freezer on the bottom Double door with water/ice dispenser on door. The Ice maker stopped working December 2020. January I have had one serviceman who retired the day he was at my house and informed me there was nothing wrong that he could see. He ran test and water worked. I had Ice one day and that was it. Of course he retired. SO back on the phone for hours to r/s.

I was scheduled for middle of January because there is a Pandemic!! nothing sooner. Appointment was cancelled and r/s for another two weeks out, service shows up informs us that it needs new parts which he does not have and needs to order. 3-4 weeks for parts to arrive, schedules appointment and day before cancel because there is no technician available!! This appointment r/s another 2 weeks!! Bottom line do not get extended warranty!!! It is now March and still not installed. Local repairman does not want to touch this!! Now March and still no ice!! Buyer beware.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I wish there was another option 'below 1' on the star rating. We bought 3 Frigidaire Gallery kitchen appliances over 2 years ago and are kicking ourselves for not buying extended warranties, which we have a huge problem with in principle, thinking that companies should actually back their products. First thing to go was the 'black' paint on the white plastic stove top. Who in the right mind thinks that a painted product is going to last around extreme heat. Of course one doesn't know it's painted at purchase time. I've had to touch it up with auto paint on several occasions and have now given up. Looks like crap now. I guess it was too much to ask to be made with black plastic.

Second up was the fridge. The wheels on both trays for vegetables/fruit gave out shortly after warranty. All the axles and housing cracked under the normal weight of fruits and vegetables. Again, who designs items that are going to break down and can't possibly hold up under normal everyday use. Perhaps they were meant to contain cotton candy and popcorn. And the unbelievably slow water flow from the water dispenser allows one to watch their own fingernails grow. And last but not least, the microwave. It was the last to give out so I give it credit for that. I'd replaced 2 fuses and when the third blew shortly after installation, had to call a repair specialist. It's going to cost about half of the original purchase price to fix it, and with no guarantee. If you're buying appliances, steer clear of Frigidaire. They look nice, but the quality of design and manufacturing is beyond terrible.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I bought this fridge 5 years ago, it’s the one with the French doors 36 inch in width, looks great lots of room worked perfect up until last month it stop making ice and the water dispenser stopped working. So I looked and checked the water lines to see if there was a problem, when I looked at the back of the fridge right at the top right side where the ice maker is located there was a block of ice that had formed around the tubes and frozen the water supply. So I called Frigidaire Customer service to tell them my problem and that it was the first time that they heard something like this happening, their solution was to call a certified repair person from their list since it was not on warranty anymore what a surprise. So I called and was told it would cost $185.00 for the service call to evaluate the problem and then they would tell me the cost to repair it.- WHAT A JOKE..

So I YouTube this problem and found a video with an upgrade foam kit insulation for the ice maker, order the kit, took it all apart defrosted and installed the foam plus I put some extra foam at the back under the tube lines so that they don’t touch the metal back part of the fridge and freeze again. Everything seems to be working but after 3 days the ice is forming up again at the top right side and I need to use a steamer to melt the ice. Called back at the Frigidaire customer service and was told that they could send me a rear panel kit which costs $690.90 plus tax part number Mfg Part Number 5303918657 which is simple a foam sheet that covers the whole back of the fridge.

This makes no sense it is just a cover so that you don’t get to see the build up of the ice. This is simply a manufacturer bad design and a defect on their part, which they are not willing to accept. So, No No No I would not recommend this fridge to anyone. Who ever is interested in this product just YouTube “Rust on back of Frigidaire gallery fridge“ and stay from this item...

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This refrigerator has a bottom door shelf that always falls off no matter how correctly you attach it and all the items fall onto the floor. I wish it had a freezer light, but it doesn't. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My refrigerator is about 25 years old. It's still runs very well. It keeps a constant temperature and foods in my refrigerator last longer than the average refrigerator. I would say that makes it a very good refrigerator.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team