Frigidaire Refrigerators

Stars Rating

• 6%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?
    Reliability

Reviewed July 18, 2024

My Frigidaire refrigerator FFTR1821TS8 is approximately 5 years old. First year the top shelf on the door cracked at the attachment clip. Manufacturer sent a new one, which did the same thing within a few months. Duct tape to the rescue. Then it happened to the one in the middle of the door. Again, duct tape as I was not going to pay for something so defective again…the tape is better than the bad design. About 2 months ago, the plastic that held the deli drawer runner to the rear of the shelf cracked at the rear and the drawer collapsed. Then the plastic trim cracked on the front of the top shelf inside the fridge, I duct taped again.

Today the rear piece of plastic the goes along the back of the middle shelf to support the glass shelf failed and it collapse onto the bottom contents. The plastic had disintegrated. If a carton of eggs and bacon are too heavy for the cheap, brittle plastic to handle, that is bizarre. No amount of tape can mend this. Never again will I purchase from this company.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 15, 2024

Model # FGHB2868TF7 - French Door Refrigerator. I had purchase a Frigidaire Gallery Appliance package in December 2021. The Refrigerator shelving broke within the first two weeks. It is very cheap and cheesy. The the motor went in the Freezer less that 6 months. I called and they only extended the warranty for 6 months. As of May 2024 the Refrigerator totally died, the Compressor and the Ice make and water valve went . Also I purchase the microwave which went too. They stated that the motherboard was bad. Frigidaire did absolutely nothing to resolve my complaints and basically said that they were out of warranty. No appliances should die within a 2 and 1/2 year life expectancy. I am trying to see how to file a class Action lawsuit because this is unacceptable and ROBBERY!!!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Horrible, horrible, horrible service. My refrigerator freezer doesn't work. Call many times, nobody come out. Begging for help, nobody seem to care about my concern. Call again after 3 weeks of trying and trying. Talk to a guy this time. He says he will help and put me on hold for over 30 minutes. I hung up and call again and realize they are close. He could have told me they are closing and call back tomorrow, but he didn't. I feel like crying because that was terrible of what he did. I wish I ask for a name. They should ban this company right now for everything.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 10, 2024

My fridge broke under a year old during warranty period. Called three times and waited for an hour hold. Scheduled two service visits with one cancelling because they do not service Frigidaire, the other not showing up. If I knew the product, warranty and service was junk I wouldn’t have purchased. I advise everyone to stay away from these products.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator from Lowe's and was told there was a one year factor warranty from Electrolux so I believed it would solve any repair issues. However, after 6 months, this unit stopped cooling and I was advised to call Frigidaire customer service for repair, which I did. I have called many times, sometimes waiting on the phone up to 45 minutes to talk with someone. So far, there have been four different technicians sent by Frigidaire to diagnose the problem. I listened to them report to Frigidaire's "master technician" on the phone after each call and seen their written reports.

The unit uses a highly flammable type of freon they do not deal with. So far, no technician has been found that can repair this unit. They tell me and Electrolux it can't be repaired. It's been about a month now and this refrigerator is still not working. Each time I call customer service for a status report, I always get another person and another 3-5 business days to the next call. If the next call doesn't get the repair done, it always seems to be excuse from customer service on why no corrective action is taken.

Customer service agents I have talked with from this company are all based in Asia and seem powerless to help, other than referring the matter to their "service locator team" for resolution in the next 3-5 business days. The reasons they have given on why they haven't repaired the unit include 1) the technician was not qualified to repair the unit, 2) their office not getting the technician reports on time and 3) when received, reports are not properly signed by the technician.

If technicians sent are not qualified, why did Electrolux schedule appointments with them and waste everyone's time and money? Each time I call lately, their "service locators" just schedule repair appointments over and over with the same technicians who refuse to make any more calls. Again, they all say the unit cannot be repaired. There are no more technicians within an hours drive that will now make any calls to repair this unit. They have already told Frigidaire this and keep refusing their work orders. What is happening here? I have a Frigidaire refrigerator I paid good money for that doesn't work. There are no more repair options. The unit cannot be repaired. Why doesn't Frigidaire honor their factory warranty and replace the unit?

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Paid extra for overnight of glass for fridge on a rental property. Called when it was late and was told supervisor would call me back. Called when it didn't arrive, was told supervisor would call; no call. Called when I was told would be the next day (glad I paid extra money). Called when it arrived broken and was treated like a criminal by Sharifa and she started talking down to me like a child. Was told it's not their problem that Fedex broke the glass. Now on my 6th call to find get my money back or replace the part and want my overnighted money back

Reviewed June 23, 2024

Bought a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator at Lowe's. Installed yesterday. Ran fine at first, but now it's been running for over 12 hours. There's an occasional "click" sound like the thermostat is trying to stop the motor, but it keeps running. Guessing it is broken thermostat, but BRAND NEW??? What kind of cheap plastic-parts crap did I buy? If this is how your new products perform I predict this thing is going to be an extremely regrettable purchase. So angry right now.

Price

Reviewed June 20, 2024

We have a Frigidaire model FPRU19F8RFC. It is seven years old and now will need a $1,800 repair. The evaporator has such a small lumen that the refrigerant is now clogging it. The repairman says this is a common problem. This is an expensive unit as this unit is mated with the separate freezer. The drain area from the evaporator has almost rusted through at this point. You can see the tiny copper coolant tubing. Why they would use this size, escapes logic. Also note the rust around the drain. The cost of this repair averages out to be about $250/year to use this piece of junk. I could buy a cheap new refrigerator for about $400. I could have bought three of these over the last seven years and still had money left over. It is ridiculous that these units are made so poorly. Do not buy this style of refrigerator from Electrolux.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

We had a terrible experience with our appliance issue and warranty from Frigidaire and Electrolux? We had 3 months left on our warranty when it broke. 9 tech visits, dozens of customer service calls and canceled/rescheduled appointments, and 6 months later they tell us they will not honor the warranty because it is expired. They offered a small rebate on a new refrigerator if we wanted to buy one. No thanks! This $1330.00 one was less than one year old! Other than never buying Frigidaire products again, I am wondering if we have any recourse?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

After owning a Frigidaire gallery refrigerator for 4 years, the entire seal system went out. Most manufacturers have a 5-year warranty on this system, but Frigidaire only offers a one year warranty. Unfortunately, I purchased another Frigidaire Prr model refrigerator. After 8 days, this refrigerator stopped cooling. After much arguing and having them leave me for 3 1/2 months without a refrigerator in my kitchen, Frigidaire finally replaced it with a minimum rebate. Not worth the rebate, the aggravation, the stress, and the toll it took on my life to live without a refrigerator in my kitchen for 3 1/2 months. I want to advise as many people as possible to stay away from purchasing products from this company.

Xay

Similar experience the gaskets on the doors. Do not form a perfect seal.

Frigidaire author review by Sandy Baker

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information