Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Bought a gallery refrigerator 2 weeks ago, the interior refrigerator lights are not working. No big deal right? Wrong there is no easy way to get in touch with the warranty dept. The phone number given tells you to call A and E services, A and E services says go to their website and submit a claim. The website says "call the manufacturer". None of these process allow you to actually talk to a human being. Ok so I found a way to work around the automated system. Got put on hold, estimated wait time 45 minutes. After 35 minutes disconnected. It might be a decent product if you have no issues, but any issue will waste hours of your time. Then they have the nerve to try to sell you an extended warranty as if you could ever get any support from this company. I made a spur of the moment purchase and regret it already. Wish I had bought an Samsung. Already knew they had problems.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I saw the bad reviews. But it’s so pretty. I thought it wouldn’t happen to me. Within weeks the entire refrigerator iced over. 4 service calls later it’s still iced over yet leaking water all over my floor. Frigidaire refuses to stand by their product. I have a video on YouTube. Listen with the sound on. **

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

The name is accurate - frigid air indeed. Brand new fridge had issues with freezing in the refrigerator and freezer burning in the freezer. All food destroyed and water filter frozen and destroyed. Frigidaire refused to replace the damage their malfunction caused, even to the filter. It took 2 months and 3 technicians to repair the fridge and still don’t know the extent of damage to the filtered water and ice maker portions.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

We bought our Frigidaire around Feb 2022 and started to have issues around the 60 day mark of having it. The ice maker would make minimal ice which wasn’t a huge deal for me. It was when our fridge stopped cooling in June/July and spoiled all our food because customer service couldn’t send any maintainer worker to assess the fridge for another 14 DAYS. After we cleaned out our fridge and the day before the maintenance worker was going to come out the fridge magically started to work again. The cooling fan sounded normal and the freezer reached its normal temperature. When their maintenance guy “assessed” what was wrong all he did was replace the ice maker because it had a recall. We told him that the fridge stopped cooling for almost 2 weeks and the fan in the freezer door made this horrible buzzing like noise on and off for a week before it fully quit. Their guy didn’t even look at the damn fridge or look for any broken or faulty parts!!!

He just replaced the ice maker and marked down that the fridge is operational. Now here we are again in December 2022 and it is making the same noise and I am receiving high temp alerts on my fridge again. My wife called customer service and it’s the same old story again. They won’t refund us, send anyone over for another 14 days to “repair” it, or extend our warranty. I can’t believe a fridge that isn’t even a year old is giving me so many damn problems. I’ll have to buy a new fridge because I can’t keep going without a fridge for 2-4 weeks every 4-6 months. Even if they knew what the problem was they would have to ship the parts and that itself would take another 2-4 weeks!!!! I am never going to buy any product from Frigidaire again because THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. Do not buy any products from them unless you love money and time. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

The refrigerator stopped cooling after 3 weeks. The first repair company couldn't fix it. They ordered 3 parts which are not in the market. The second repair company couldn't fix either. They ordered 1 part which is not in the market. Very poor quality customer service.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Recently bought Frigidaire side by side. 22.3-cu ft Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR. Item #5122794 | Model #FRSS2323AS. Poor interior lighting in fridge and freezer. Cannot find foods. Foods close to freezer in refrigerator regularly freeze-over. Very poor use of interior space. Moving my old Kenmore fridge back to kitchen - they knew how to make refrigerators. Unfortunately, we will move this fridge to the garage for leftovers and hope it can do something useful.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

In the last 6 years since I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator I have had repairman out every few months. Takes two weeks to have someone come another 2 weeks to order a part and sometimes they've ordered the wrong part. Worst refrigerator ever. Hundreds of dollars spent on Lost food. Trying to get a replacement and it takes forever just to get it to the review Department and then another two weeks if approved for delivery and in the meantime they will not send a repairman because they can't send a repairman and a request for replacement both. Don't ever buy a Frigidaire refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Less than a month from purchase date the refrigerator started beeping incessantly. Called the warranty customer service and they said they had set up an appointment with a repair service. When I called the next day the company that I was supposed to have an appointment with was no longer in business. Called a 2nd time and they tried to “make an appointment” with another company that was no longer in service. Finally had to make them stay on the line with so that I could confirm appointment with service repair company. All the while the refrigerator had been beeping for days.

When the service repair person came he said that he fixed it and a week later it started again. This time when I set a service call they couldn’t get back to me for a month. Refrigerator quit beeping for about 2 weeks and started again. Another service call and incessant beeping from the refrigerator that is still not fixed. The company does not have any interest in providing warranty repair service and obviously do not partner with reputable service technicians. I would never recommend purchasing anything from this company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Dear Frigidaire, As promised over the phone with your supervisor "Eve" I am leaving you a bad review. I bought a brand new fridge on 6/18/2021 and it's second replacement compressor is now broken (so that makes three compressors in this fridge in 17 months). "Eve" offered me a 40% rebate because the fridge is out of warranty, however with implied warranty and consumer protection laws, I am demanding a full refund or replacement and you are lucky I'm not taking you to court for lost wages and food costs having missed a total of 5 days of work now (yes, it has broken 5 times in 17 months!!!!) and tossing out HUNDREDS of dollars worth of food. And let's not forget the expense of the mini fridge so I at least have something to get me through these breakdowns. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB, but the FTC, and Attorney General are next. Please do the right thing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

TERRIBLE PRODUCT. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT PURCHASE REFRIGERATOR MODEL FRFS282LAF. We recently bought a new home with a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator unit. The water dispenser is leaking and drips after each use causing puddles on the floor. It began having an error code that could not be fixed by troubleshooting recommendations.

I called Frigidaire and gave information and scheduled evaluation/repair date. The company they contracted with could not come on that date as they reported they did not have the model number which was provided when I called Frigidaire the first time. It was rescheduled once the information (serial number) was given again so that they could have parts to come fix. They came out, did not have parts and had to reorder them and are supposedly coming again. They could not address the leaking water in addition to the error code as it is a separate issue, requires separate order number through Frigidaire and he will have to come again to assess once Frigidaire creates another ticket.

A brand new Frigidaire unit should not require this within three months of use. I have now missed two days of productivity waiting for technicians, have to wait for part while my refrigerator continues to not work (no ice, can't set temperature) and water continues to leak. I called and asked to speak to supervisor as I do not want this unit as it is clearly defective and was told a master technician could only process refund and technician said Frigidaire was only one who could process this. Supervisor (Riva) said they had report and that parts were ordered but then said they still needed report to be able to address issue and ultimately hung up on me. Save your time and money and your floors and DO NOT purchase this unit. I will never purchase another Frigidaire product as they clearly have poor quality control, poor customer service and blatant disregard for your time.

Frigidaire author review by Sandy Baker

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information