2.08/5

Last updated: April 19, 2018

1081 Frigidaire Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Frigidaire Refrigerator Gallery Series - I am very unhappy with the customer service and the poor workmanship on this product! I purchased my appliance and within 1 month had to have them come out and repair the ice maker motor. I have had the dealer come out three times now and the last one was to replace the "air handler" of the ice maker. It is still not working. Frigidaire's response is - "Too bad... you went thru the dealer that you purchased it from and they won't stand behind their product." I will never purchase anything from this company again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Don’t buy - if it goes wrong they prioritize cost over safety! We live in a rented apartment. The landlord bought a Frigidaire fridge with a top freezer for us 3 months ago. Five weeks ago, the freezer door did not appear to work and the fridge was buzzing. We called Frigidaire and they sent an engineer three days later. My husband works from home, so we worked around their schedule.

The engineer replaced a part. One week later we called Frigidaire back, as the freezer was defrosted. They sent another engineer a week later. This engineer said that another part needed replacing. This part took 2 weeks to arrive. At this point, having bought a fridge 3 months previously, it had worked only for 2 months and then been broken for 4 weeks. Our landlord had to buy us a mini fridge as we had nowhere to store fresh food, milk, etc.

Then the first engineer was sent back in. He did not have the correct parts and worked from 5 pm until 9:30 pm soldering new tubing to the back of the fridge. Two days later, I smelled burning in our apartment late at night. It was the fridge. I unplugged it but now am very angry, rather than just inconvenienced. If I hadn’t noticed, I don’t know what would have happened. 6 people live in the apartment block and this could have horrible. Frigidaire has still not replaced the fridge but at this point I’ll pay to remove it and buy a new, safe fridge.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 19, 2018

I am completely and utterly disappointed and disgusted at this point dealing with FRIDGIDAIRE'S customer service. I have been having problems since March with my refrigerator (FFHS2311LBSA) that I bought in July 2017 which started making a loud banging noise. When I first called and emailed they said, "Oh that's normal" without even hearing it or sending anyone out. When the serviceman came out he even said all 5 times he had no idea what was wrong. I have had to take off work 5 times now because they will not put it up for review for replacement. I have had A-1 Appliance at my home on March 14th, 20th, April 9th, 13th and upcoming April 20th.

This is beyond ridiculous and I feel they are giving me the runaround on this. How would you like to have a refrigerator who every serviceman says they have no idea how to fix and no one will replace it? One customer service rep said well the warranty is out in June so are they trying to give me the run around until June? It has gotten louder and the only response the customer service team can come up with is oh well they didn’t do this or call this guy or blah blah blah. I have seen reviews online about Frigidaire and how disappointed customers are with the same product. I wish I would have known before I bought it. All we want is someone to make the decision that should have been made long ago to replace the defective item.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased this new type stainless steel french door refrigerator as a birthday gift to myself - much to my chagrin. First complaint was a loud noise, followed by a loose freezer handle. They were fixed by a repairman sent by Gill's in Bristol RI, obviously not happy with my early complaints. So when I noticed a large gash in the 'floor' of the refrigerator, I assumed it was caused by my partner, despite his denials. Soon after - this is within the first year - more cracks, dents, or what he describes as possible 'stress fractures' occurred.

Then I 'caused' a crack in the front one of the drawers while cleaning it, even though I can't figure out how I put it in the sink and picked it up with a crack, one which grows larger and makes it difficult to open the drawer now. A similar crack appeared in the bottom drawer - not being washed. Frigidaire will do nothing, and accepts all this as apparently 'pro forma' problems. Now the freezer handle is loose again (third time we attack it with the trusty allen wrench). And this was my gift, to replace a 10 year old unit by LG... Oh, how I regret that! Frigidaire is cheap (at $2000!), customer service is useless... And now I'm stuck.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a full collection of Frigidaire appliances for my vacation home in Florida. This refrigerator is absolutely the worst refrigerator I've ever purchased. Within a few months the display quit working which tells you the temperature and your selection of water or ice. I was told it is $400 to replace the control unit. In addition, the ice control lever is made of cheap plastic and broke within the first year. The ice maker and water supply is the most poorly designed unit. I agree with previous reviewer in that it is impossible to get ice without it falling all over the floor. I had to replace that unit for $270. The ice maker has never provided enough ice and I had to purchase a bag of ice the last time I was at the home. The shelves on the refrigerator door are made of cheap plastic and I had to replace one already. I'm very dissatisfied with Frigidaire and this unit. I will never buy another Frigidaire product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I placed an order for Frigidaire water & air filters when the reminder came up on the fridge display. A number of days later we received a box from Electrolux with a part that we did not order, for a dishwasher. I called the Frigidaire/Electrolux parts department to make sure the original order was still coming and I was assured it was and I should disregard the wrong part I had been sent. I waited the full 10 business days as patiently as possible with no further deliveries. The email I was initially sent for tracking shipping never worked at any time I tried it.

Today, the 10th business day, I called again to ask them to track the shipment for me - they said it was delivered on 3/27, only 4 days after I had been told it was shipped. Which means it was indeed the incorrectly delivered part that they thought was delivered and the previous customer service person had told me the wrong information and wasted my time, our money and has kept my family without filtered water for all this time. I was very angry and told them I needed it shipped to me asap at fast speed.

The CSR I was speaking with said he didn't have authorization to expedite shipping so I asked him to put me on with a manager who could. The manager I spoke with apologized but said she did not have the power to change shipping speed because I had initially paid for regular shipping. What was the point of my speaking with a manager? This was their error - they should have fixed the problem by sending me the correct part at faster speed. I am still very angry.

Original review: March 31, 2018

We have a 5 year Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator (FGHF2369MF6), French Door with Icemaker. In the same transaction, we bought the same Frigidaire Gallery Series Gas Range, Microwave & Dishwasher for our new home. The ice maker was not producing ice beyond half full for some time & kept getting slower. We replaced the water filter (2 months earlier than the Frigidaire manual AND the filer manufacturer recommended), and it somewhat improved ice production. However, when we pulled the refrigerator out to check the water lines, we found a 2" diameter rust spot on the exterior of the back metal panel of the refrigerator, 13" down from the rear right corner.

There was no water line connection at the spot or any kind of opening of any kind. There was also white residue from apparent water condensation that had trickled down the metal during evaporation. Note - the interior of our home is never above 72 degrees year round. It was not hot enough to create condensation. Our first call was to ABT Appliances, where we bought the unit. They confirmed that this was a product defect, and that Frigidaire was well aware of this issue.

They said we needed to file the report with Frigidaire directly, but then Frigidaire would contact a local service to come out & address the issue. We called and eventually referred to a local service company, we were told we needed the authorization number from Frigidaire. A second call to Frigidaire was with a rather frigid associate who only kept repeating that we didn't have the extended warranty & the manual states they do not cover rust. Over & over. Unacceptable customer service. Never again will be buy anything even remotely associated with the Frigidaire or Electrolux brands. Zero customer service. Zero responsibility for the inferior products they manufacture.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I bought my new Frigidaire Gallery set before Christmas. The fridge fan was noisy, sounded like a popcorn maker (they tried to claim that was normal). I made them exchange it... Fridge #2 shows up... It is not much better. I'm on fridge #3 and it's been 3 months. This is ridiculous. They try to tell you that popping sound is normal for new fridges. Don't listen to them. The fridge I have now is quiet like it is supposed to be. Will I buy another Frigidaire set... No. After doing some reading on forums... I'm not looking forward to the future with these appliances. Will never deal with Frigidaire again. For the money you spend... A little quality would be nice.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have never had a refrigerator that I dislike so vehemently. I have learned to live with the noise, and the flimsy drawers, however this ice maker is horrible! No one can get ice without it flying out all over the floor! I have beautiful cherry wood floors so having ice melt all over them is not a good idea. Needless to say, anytime we choose to get ice we are wiping up the floor. Total pain in the neck!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Corporate manager William ** very ignorant and could care less that my 2,000 dol fridge hasn’t ever worked right. And they were defective and have a lawsuit against them. They don’t make them, but he refuses to do anything and I mean anything to help out after I have spent so much money to repair this and still can’t get my ice machine fixed because they don’t even make the parts because it was so faulty!!!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewers who have experienced terrible customer service from Frigidaire. Our side-by-side refrigerator has several problems and, despite being under manufacturer's warranty, it is still not repaired! They contract with unreliable, unskilled local repair shops that you would NEVER select on your own and, if they actually show up as scheduled (I've had no-shows twice so far), are unable to fix the cheap, crappy appliance.

I've had 5 appointments scheduled in the past 2 months and it is no closer to working correctly now than it was before. The Frigidaire executives are very insulated from contact with their customers. They hire semi-illiterate, apathetic, clueless call center employees to give you a runaround, apparently hoping you will just get tired and give up. THEY DO NOT CARE ONE IOTA ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. You are unable to contact anyone with any real authority. They flat-out refuse to pass you along to anyone higher up the criminal chain of command. I will never buy another Frigidaire or Electrolux appliance again.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased my refrigerator in Oct and it has been broken since the end of Feb. I contacted Frigidaire over 3 weeks ago and my refrigerator is still not working. All of my groceries went bad and we have been eating out for over 3 weeks. Every time I call they say they are trying to get someone out to fix it, but it shouldn't take over 3 weeks to get it fix. I don't recommend buying anything from them because their turn around time for repairing is too long. Also the customer service reps don't seem to care that my family is out of a refrigerator. One of the reps said we have put in the repair order so we have done what we were supposed to do, but putting in a order and it actually being repaired in a timely manner is two different things.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I also bought a Frigidaire refrigerator. After six months I’ve noticed a one foot crack with large hole in the interior wall of the case. I called Electrolux who is the owner of Frigidaire and handles the warranty. They were not helpful and rude. On my six month old refrigerator their repair is to put refrigerator tape over the hole. They say that this is the authorized fix. I requested the refrigerator be replaced to no avail. After numerous calls in attempting to get the refrigerator replaced I was told the only solution I had was to take the tape or to leave it as is. Having no other option but to have the tape put over the hole I asked them if the warranty repair would be warranty for any time and they said that they would give me an a six month additional warranty to re-tape it if the tape came loose.

After going through two or three different repair companies I find out that the refrigerator has to be emptied for 48 hours and be at room temperature before they will repair it. Electrolux claims no responsibility for my food, or even to supply coolers for me to unload my refrigerator. Being disabled it would be very difficult for me to transfer my food to other houses or wherever I can find to put it for 48 hours and I cannot afford to purchase coolers which I asked them to supply. Of course they refused.

The decline in this company is unbelievable to me and I would never purchase another Frigidaire product and suggest you do not either!!! They do not honor their warranty and take no responsibility for the quality of their products. Repairman stated to me that the reason for the crack was Electrolux has stopped putting enough insulation in the walls of the refrigerators and have even taken the water reservoirs that used to be in the walls to keep water cold out. This piece of equipment is garbage and I regret ever purchasing from Frigidaire. I also contacted Sears where I originally purchased it who does not honor their warranty to replace the item. If unsatisfied Sears will also be crossed off my list! I would be interested in a class action lawsuit if others join in!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Frigidaire French - Terrible fridge. 3 years old and the water and ice maker dispenser is the biggest problem. Both units water lines freeze up. Turn the unit off to let thaw out to use again. Ice tray will crack and leak water into the ice bucket causing the ice to cluck together making it too big to dispense. Can't buy just the tray, must buy complete ice maker around $100 if you want to change it on your own. Since the arger can't break the large chunks of ice it will crack the ice bucket. Another $50 just for the bucket. You will have to take the arger and other parts off the old unit and put on the new one.

Did I tell about the extra items you get with your ice. You will find small pieces of plastic and Styrofoam in you ice. Don't have a clue where that's coming from, but you will enjoy the extras. Frigidaire is aware of all of these problems and will do nothing to help. If you think that I'm the only one with this problem, the spend a moment and search the web. You will find a lot of people having the same issues. Sorry that I bought this $2000 piece of junk. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

If you own the refrigerator model FFHS2611LBC... get it out of your house NOW!! If you don't... keep it that way! Ours would heat up and form bacteria on the food then cool back down! We had no way of knowing. So we ate it. We both got Salmonella!! We almost died!! It is 2 years old!! I have Lupus. So I could have died from the Salmonella or complications! Plus we had and HAD being the point.. Boston Terrier that was on insulin. She died from complications. We now suspect the insulin got hot and went bad, since she had had no issues with her insulin in 4 YEARS until we bought this fridge 2yrs. ago! There is NO way to know it is doing this until it fails COMPLETELY OR CATCH IT!! This serious!! Frigidaire could care less!!! Please... this really is LIFE OR DEATH!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

In 2013 I renovated my kitchen and bought all new Frigidaire appliances. The fridge was a French cabinet style with a bottom freezer and internal ice maker. First the ice maker didn't work correctly. Sometimes it worked and other times it didn't. We had a power outage (the house and appliances had surge protectors) for 10 seconds and the fridge never started up again. We contacted a repair person and 2 visits later (and a $900 bill) the compressor and motherboard were replaced. The repair person couldn't explain why this happened. We lost power again 9 months later and all of this happened again.

Instead of paying to have it fixed a second time, we decided to get rid of the fridge and bought a new Whirlpool refrigerator. In addition to the expense of the repair bill, $400+ to replace food 2 times, and the purchase of a new fridge (remember, the old one was only 4 years old!!!), we were out a lot of money. I contacted Frigidaire customer service and never got any satisfaction of any kind. All emails were from letters that they send to everyone. My advice to anyone considering buying Frigidaire appliances is DON'T DO IT. They don't make a good product and don't stand behind them. I'll never buy another Frigidaire product.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I will never purchase a product from Frigidaire or sister co. ever again. Products are junk! I purchased a brand new refrigerator and 2 months in the freezer stops working. About a month after being repaired it stopped working again. Also noticed it has Samsung compressor. I called Frigidaire to confirm the part was installed when manufactured and they can't tell me that. I was told they only know a compressor was installed. Really? They have no record of original parts installed when manufactured. How as a consumer am I able to verify I did in fact receive a brand new fridge? Frigidaire told me there is no way to verify. Worst co. I have ever dealt with. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a side by side refrigerator model FGSC2335TF0 in December of 2017 and within a few days, it was not freezing food items on the refrigerator side. Fast forward to February 2018 and 6/7 service calls later, the refrigerator is still not working and is now so bad that it leaks water from the water dispenser. Frigidaire has continuously refused to replace the unit and insists on trying to repair it even though they have so far made it worse! Never mind that I am taking time off from work when they send service people, I am throwing food out every few weeks after they 'fix' it, and that my wooden floors are now so badly damaged from water leaking from the unit. I have made the decision to throw the refrigerator away, accept I bought a lemon and move on as they have said my unit does not qualify for replacement - whatever that means. Thankfully, they are sending me a $50 gift card to make up for this *insert sarcastic sniggering. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We purchased this Frigidaire side by side refrigerator 2 months ago. It stopped working over a week ago. When we finally got a visit from Frigidaire's authorized service company, he pulled the refrigerator out and saw that the perforated holes had not been punched out, causing it to burn up the compressor and the motherboard. Now we are waiting another week for the service company to come back out and replace those parts. 2 weeks without a fridge, all the food spoiled. And the customer service is rock bottom.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Seven years ago we bought the Frigidaire Gallery collection, French door refrigerator. We paid approximately $2000 for the refrigerator, since then we've put another $500 into it. Yet today we had to go purchase a new refrigerator because after multiple problems we are done! It started out with the back of the refrigerator freezing, then the icemaker freezing and making a loud thumping noise, the shelves on the doors cracking and breaking, the meat and cheese drawer breaking. We had to shut the water off completely to the refrigerator because the whole unit started freezing, and we haven't use the icemaker in over a year. But this past weekend it completely stopped working and we are done!!! Please, please, please do not buy this refrigerator and see the pictures attached!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am urging anyone considering a Frigidaire refrigerator to look elsewhere. They are horrible. In the short one and half years I have had this fridge it has given us a number of issues with the ice maker. Finally, the loud thumping sound that has been ongoing for the past few weeks has prompted me to leave a poor review. Our warranty has expired and we were told we gave to pay out of pocket to access the issue. As we are awaiting to put more money towards a relatively new fridge that already cost 2 thousand dollars to begin with I am livid and hoping I can spare at least someone the activation accompanied with purchasing a fridge from this company.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We spent $2K on a Frigidaire french door fridge and it only lasted four years. The ice maker had to be serviced three times. Then, the whole fridge and freezer stopped working and we were told it would cost nearly $1K to repair. Furthermore, the repair technician who came out told us that we were about to have water problems behind the fridge because the coil was just about come through the aluminum backing. We called Frigidaire, and got basically "Sorry, but it happens".

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

This company does not stand behind their products for defects that THEY consider cosmetic and not performance. I have a fridge that has waves in the doors due to improper foam installation. The authorized repair rep for this company said it was not affecting the performance so we only had a 90 warranty on a brand new purchase. This is poor customer service!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator with top freezer on Black Friday, online at Home Depot. It came damaged and dented. A new one was ordered after a week of the company trying to locate an available one. It was finally delivered Dec 22nd. I heard some noise but didn't call until Dec 26th to complain. I wanted them to swap out the defective one with a new one. I was told it was under company warranty and it needed to be repaired. I did not want it repaired, I wanted a new perfect fridge!

After two weeks the technician came and said I didn't need one part but I needed several parts!!!! Now the parts are back ordered!!! The main office has been closed to follow up on the status of the process as well! Now, I received my electric bill and it went up from 118.00 to 270.00!!! And it is because the freezer is running in overdrive!!! It makes noise continually! It is not fair to be stuck with this piece of garbage!!! The Frigidaire people are like broken records. It needs to be repaired is all they say! I am disgusted with this company and will be escalating the issue somehow...just not sure yet. Don't buy Frigidaire Products!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I want to warn!!! Everyone something plastic and Styrofoam broke inside the ice maker!!! I use crushed ice in my dark thermos!!! Anyways was driving down the road opened my thermos up and took a drink. I started choking and could not breathe and throwing up as a sharp piece of plastic went down my throat!!! Went to the hospital and have a cut down my throat. They used a light to make sure it wasn't still in my throat. When I dumped out my drink there was Styrofoam In my thermos went home took a glass and seen more Styrofoam in the glass changed to cubed ice and hard plastic came out pulled the tray and found more hard plastic and Styrofoam in the grinder of my ice maker.

I called the 1800 number they told me my warranty was up and I said my ice maker works fine but something inside of the ice maker made out of hard plastic and Styrofoam came off and I drank it!!! It choked me and made me this up and I have a cut down my throat!!! No ice for me I am so afraid of that happening again. There was a lawsuits for the ice maker in the French door refrigerators ice makers. My model was on the list. I am not sure what is going to happen but I will be contacting attorney. I am so afraid of ice now!!! I thought I was going to die it took me at least 45 minutes coughing and gagging and throwing up trying to get what was in my throat so I could even breathe. Please be aware!!! I wouldn't want that happen to anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Our ice maker keeps freezing up. We thawed it out and it will work for a while and then it freezes up again. Now it will not work at all. Also, the front doors have scratches on the surface. It is just my husband and myself in our house. We take really good care of our stuff. The doors should not scratch this easy. I will not purchase another Frigidaire appliance ever. The refrigerator is not even 2 years old. It started doing this right after the one year warranty expired.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Have called for service. Got canceled four times before they finally showed. Said they couldn’t fix. Have called warranty dept weekly for 4 more weekend wanting it fixed. Still waiting for another service crew to contact.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We just had a technician out to replace an icemaker in a 2 year old Frigidaire refrigerator. The first time they came out was a year after we bought the refrigerator, this was the second time. The tech told us that Frigidaire is aware of the icemaker issues and developed a new replacement but it is at the buyer's expense. Super disappointed in the company if this is their business mentality and will never buy Frigidaire again. Looking at reviews online, sounds like I’m not alone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I purchased Frigidaire Refrigerator little over 1 year ago. 6 months after I purchased we had to get Refrigerator man out because the waterline froze. Now 6 months later our ice maker is not making Ice. We changed the filter, repairman came out again. 70.00 now & 114.00 to have the thermostat changed. Pay so much for a fridge now. Gotta pay like 200.00 to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Within 35 days of purchase, my new refrigerator/freezer (Frigidaire model number FFTR1814TW) stopped working and was actually warming food rather than keeping it cool. Because it was just outside the 30 days from purchase, Lowe's sent a service company to repair rather than replace my defective refrigerator. The service company could not repair because it is a sealed system/compressor issue and recommended I call Frigidaire for warranty repair. Called Frigidaire (it's now over a week with no refrigerator) and was told by the surly customer service representative that a different company will be coming out next week to diagnose the issue, then I have to wait 5-7 days for the parts, another repair date, etc. So, in short, weeks until I have a working refrigerator when it is less than 2 months old!

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

• Best for: Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs