2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This is big Frigidaire and it works well. It came with the apartment. Had no problems with it so far. Wish it had a icemaker. It keeps food and drinks fresh. Easy to clean and is dependable. Pretty good brand. And it's stainless steel.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have to say, I am very biased. I prefer Frigidaire. We have 2 side by side units, one from 2006, and the other one is from 2017. Both have worked very well, and, yes we have had some minor repairs that I always could fix, but, overall, they just do what we expect. I think the key is to not buy all of the fancy electronics. Both of our units just have water / ice in the door, and that is all. On the 2006, other than filters, I just replaced the water control assy in the back of the unit. Part was less than 40.00. So, I guess I have had good ones. I still would buy them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We purchased a complete kitchen with Frigidaire Gallery appliances in June. Upon receipt, the refrigerator doors were extremely uneven making it difficult to close and clicking noise. Also, the back of the appliance has a permanent stain. We are told due to fire-retardant leakage and the top shelf freezes. We called immediately and were told that we needed 3 repairmen to come out before they would give us a replacement. In our despair, we attempted to get the appliance fixed. Four repairmen attempted to fix the refrigerator. We are told that the refrigerator had been dropped and is skewed and unable to be fixed.

The last repairman even attempted to order and put in new doors but that did not fix the problem. Now the doors are even worse aligned and open periodically. A brand new refrigerator should not need new doors and four repairmen to attempt to fix it. Frigidaire wants us to pay an additional 30% for a replacement. This company does not stand by their product.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I bought a brand new Stainless steel refrigerator (Model # FFSS2615TS) about 5 months ago and noticed that the rust/corrosion has started on the door panels and handle. I called the customer service and was told that the rust is NOT covered under warranty. First of all, how could a stainless steel appliance gets rusty? Also, how bad their engineering that rust has started within 6 months? I shall NOT buy anymore Frigidaire products; stay away because their product and warranty sucks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Purchased our Frigidaire refrigerator 8 months ago. The compressor went out last Tuesday and we still have not had anyone here to fix it. The first time we called, we were told it would be 3 business days before someone would contact us. Two days later, we were notified to contact them to reschedule. When we called to find out what that meant we were told WE canceled the appointment! How could we cancel an appointment that was never made?! We were told it would be DECEMBER before someone could come out. We told them that was unacceptable and the best they could do at that point was today (1 week later).

Today, nobody showed up. When we called, we were told the service company canceled our appointment. We received no communication whatsoever. Now we have to wait another week until November 24th!!!! Twice we have asked to speak to a Supervisor during this whole experience and nobody has called us back! Poorest customer service experience I've ever had. Not to mention the over $100 worth of groceries were lost that could only be kept in a cooler for a couple days. Buyers beware- Frigidaire does not care about the consumer at all!!!! Purchase your appliances elsewhere! I would like to give zero stars but have to click on one to do the review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Do not buy their products! I purchased a refrigerator in March, it comes with a year warranty. It stopped working the 2nd week of October. It is now the end of November. It is not fixed and they will not replace it until they can say it can't be fixed. I have kids and elders to feed. We are spending way too much money on food from eating out. We are seeking a lawyer. This is unacceptable. They keep sending people out that don't know how to fix it, don't have parts, get parts but doesn't work, have people come and say they can't find parking and leave instead of call and ask if they can come in the gate. It has been a horrible experience. Bad customer service, no managers to talk to, supposedly nobody knows numbers to corporate etc. It's ridiculous! I will never buy products from them again and I will make it know to everyone else all over all the social platforms.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought fridge October 6. Nov 9, it sounds like gears grinding, whirring and very noisy. Called Frigidaire. Played clip. She said it was loud but cosmetic according to her guidelines. Suggested calling appliance repair company!! 0 help offered.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This is a great product, but the noise is horrible. Within minutes of the refrigerator being delivered and installed, I began to hear noises that I at first thought was a neighbor using an electric drill. I called the warranty department and a representative came out and said it was the refrigerant, but said the noise was so bad that I should call Frigidaire directly. He put a sound dampener on it, which did quiet the noise so that it no longer woke me from a dead sleep.

I phone Frigidaire and spoke to a very kind customer service representative who sent out another warranty representative. This second rep stated that it was, in fact, the refrigerant, and yes, "it was annoying" and he asked me a few times if it sounded like that whenever the fridge was running, to which I responded "yes." He then said there was nothing he could do about it because it was in the owner's manual as stating: "Buzz: The compressor may produce buzzes during operation, and the buzzes are loud particularly upon start or stop. This is normal. Creak: Refrigerant owing inside of the appliance may produce creak, which is normal." The sound is constant when the refrigerator is running and it's a cross between a dentist's drill and the lost souls of Purgatory crying out. I recommend anyone who purchases this product to ask for it to be plugged in before installation to prevent horrible sound pollution coming into your home. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

In November 2019, we bought the Gallery series, oven, microwave and refrigerator, paid cash at Warners' Stellian in Des Moines Iowa. It is now October 2020 and we’ve had problems with the ice maker for months. First we replaced water filter, then a serviceman came out, ordered a part, but told us we needed to replace filter yet again. Serviceman back out to put in new parts, hoping it would work, and we recently replaced water AND air filter, but we barely get enough ice to last the day. Very very disappointed because to us this refrigerator was not cheap. I’m hoping the next step will be to replace the refrigerator!

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team