Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Frigidaire side by side fridge with an ice maker built into the top left. The freezer is on the bottom. The refrigerator was purchased in 2014. About six months in, the ice maker stopped making ice. I contacted frigidaire and had a tech come out. I was told that the ice maker was frozen and I would need to thaw out the refrigerator for two days to ensure that it dried out. What a pain, however this worked. Three months later, the same thing happened again. Again I let everything thaw out, and it made ice again. The third time that it happened, the warranty was expired, and unfortunately, thawing the ice maker out did not work.

Talk about a poorly made product! I have reached out to Frigidaire to see what other suggestions they may have, and have received a lukewarm response, with little else to offer. This is extremely disappointing considering the age and price of the refrigerator. The customer service was extremely poor and unapologetic as well.

I can't believe how cheaply made the crisper drawers are and the shelving. My top shelf used for larger liquids sags. There are only two of us in the house and it only holds milk water and some juice. Should be stronger than it is. The crisper drawer broke after one year. It costs at least $50 dollars to replace. What a joke it should be stronger than it is and for that price it should not break. This refrigerator replaced one that was 35 years old and never had anything break on it. What a shame that no one cares about quality anymore. Will never recommend a Frigidaire to anyone. Even the Frigidaire logo fell off!!!

I bought a side by side with a bottom freezer and let me tell you about it. It was made in 6/16 and I bought it in 9/16 and I have nothing but problems with it. My ice maker never made ice and when it did it only made 8 cubes at a time. I called to complain about it in January and they did nothing. I finally got a repairman to come out and he replaced all the parts that was able to. 5 times and finally got somewhere to have it replaced. I lost so much food and I got 3 daughters to support.

That have no recall on the light bulb melting the plastic above the light in the refrigerator. They gave me a repair name to call for a repair at my cost. This is a manufacturer deficit. My son has the same problem.

On Wednesday night March 1, 2017, we woke in the middle of the night to the smell of smoke in our home. When we walked into the kitchen the smoke was thick. My husband pulled the refrigerator out to find the under part of our refrigerator in flames. It's only 4 yrs old. Thank goodness we were home and caught it. We have pets and they could have burned to death in a fire. But then I think about it and I'm freaking out. What if we hadn't woke up. It was a lot of smoke. We could have died. I'm so upset and considering hiring an attorney. I contacted the company and have yet to get a response. If I don't hear anything back by Monday I will be contacting one. I purchased this in September 2012.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Consumer Increased Rating!

We bought we thought at the time the top of the line from Frigidaire their Gallery Line. What a nightmare with the upper ice maker. We have the French Doors with lower pull out freezer. The upper ice maker ice quits making ice and we have had the repairman out here 6 times including after the 5th time to replace it. This one quit making ice as well so the repairman brought out his hair dryer to unfreeze the fan which seems to be the problem. He was just here less than a month ago and it has stopped again. The ice cubes coming out before it quit were not fully frozen and in fact water was leaking from the ice maker dispenser chute onto the shelf of the refrigerator. Their warranty says they will replace with a brand new appliance if the technicians determine your is beyond repair. After 15 months of frustration I think we should ask them to honor their warranty.

Frigidaire side by side refrigerator model#FGHC2331PF. Have only a month and "Geek Squad" has been here twice to fix and still not working. The fridge side temps keep going up to 56* and down to 36* and the freezer side keeps going up and down to 14* C. Anybody have suggestions?

Purchased a side by side Frigidaire refrigerator with ice and water dispenser less than 4 yrs ago. I had to have it repaired twice. And tonight the house filled with smoke. The bottom back of refrigerator was on fire. Unplugged and made sure the fire was out. Now my floor is scorched and food is going bad. This has to be a safety issue and needs to be recalled ASAP.

We purchased all Frigidaire appliances for our home, we have had nothing but problems with the ice maker in the refrigerator. A repairman came out about six times and the last time he said all of their ice makers were having that problem (stops making ice). Frigidaire kept sending repairman until warranty is out and then they tell you there is nothing they can do. I will not recommend this brand to anyone. Their cost is not cheap and they have lots of problems that the company will not back up.

Our four year old Frigidaire refrigerator (Model # FFHS2622MS) started on fire today. If no one was home our house would of burnt to the ground. When calling company they were not concerned due to it being over a year old. In doing research many people are having the same issue. I hope people see this and do not fall victim to this known problem!

Updated 02/24/17: 2012 side by side refrigerator caught fire in the back compartment. In doing research I found numerous complaints of this happening. Corporate contacted me after posting video to their website and offered a "goodwill" replacement if I paid $225.50 and signed their gag order, send defective product to them and to not speak or share video. I feel they know there is a problem but do not want to address it correctly.

We purchased a Frigidaire french door fridge ($2000+) model #LGHB2867PF5 in August of 2014. We purchased a 3 year extended warranty. Within a couple months we had our first service call on the ice maker. We had another service call for the same issue (ice clumping/freezing and water pouring out onto the floor) 1/15, 4/15, 2/16 and again 2/17. The techs have all told us the design is flawed and replacing the ice maker is the only 'solution' (which actually doesn't fix the problem).

The Lemon Law won't be applied to this as Lowe's says the ice maker isn't covered in that part of a replacement clause. So, if I get this straight, the ice maker (which they don't consider part of the fridge) malfunctions over and over and over, but it's not eligible for a replacement fridge. How ridiculous. What's worse is that BOTH Lowe's and Frigidaire continue to sell a faulty product that they KNOW is faulty! We were also told that 3 service appts outside 30 days within one year qualified, but when we called to utilize it, the 'fine print' was read to us. Piece of Crap. Don't shop at Lowe's OR buy Frigidaire... they won't stand behind their products!

If I could give this review zero stars, I would. Where do I even start: bought a Frigidaire refrigerator and freezer in the Spring of 2016. We've only had problems with it. First, the shelves came chipped. We contacted Frigidaire so we could return them. Instead, they first wanted pictures of the damaged shelves. Like who's gonna contact you to replace damaged shelves for the heck of it. So we of course sent them pictures first, and then eventually they managed to send us new shelves.

Then, while all of this was going on, the temperature of both the freezer and fridge were out of control. They were too high. The freezer was in the positive degrees, and the fridge was almost in the double digits! So we kept calling Frigidaire and they finally sent someone to take a look. Every time the technicians came, they broke more things than they fixed. This continued on and off for ten months. They've come to "fix" our fridge and freezer a total of 6 times! And they still don't work!

Their customer service phone line closes at 6pm which is ridiculous. What if people have issues in the evening, like restaurants etc.? What do they do, have all their food and products ruined because no one at Frigidaire is there to pick up the phone? Everything from their customer service, to their products, to their technicians are all incredibly horrible. There actually isn't one good thing I can say about them. They first grab your money when you buy their products, and then the technicians keep coming every couple of months so they can grab some money for themselves too. They're all a bunch of crooks. Thankfully we are still under our 1 year warranty and cannot wait to get these two pieces of junk, both the fridge and freezer, out of here. As a warning to anyone who is thinking of buying any, any at all, Frigidaire products. Do yourself a favour and keep your sanity and your hard-earned money by buying somewhere else.

The refrigerator (Gallery side by side) itself is ok, but the ice maker makes the appliance far less than desirable. The ice maker makes too much ice which then overfills the ice container. Then the ice cubes stick together so that when you try to dispense ice nothing comes out. So you need to open the freezer, shake the container and hopefully free up enough ice to get the unit to dispense.

Often ice cubes get stuck in the dispensing chute. Then again, you need to open the freezer door and try to dislodge the stuck ice. Then when you again close the door and try again to dispense ice, more often than not a huge blast of ice comes out overflowing everywhere all over the floor. By the time you're done with all that and picking the ice off the floor. I've had service folks in and they tell me that this model is known for that and there is no fix other than to daily dump out ice from the container as it overfills. Really poor design. You're better off using old fashioned ice trays.

I bought a very expensive, and beautiful looking, fridge with water filter and ice maker built in. Unfortunately, after around 12 months, both the ice maker broke and the replacement filter arrived (which is also expensive from vendor) which was faulty. Trying to get through on the phone in a reasonable amount of time is impossible, so send an email which they claim they will respond to within 2 business days. They do respond, usually around 5 days each time, but use the opportunity to ask more pointless questions and not respond to original simple request. Now waited well over a month to get simple answer on a query, despite constant follow ups each week, and very disappointed with level of service. All the while, no longer able to use my water filter. Would never buy from this manufacturer again.

The ice maker failed after a few months of use. Repairperson repaired so I was told. Worked for about 8 months then failed again. As it was beyond a year Frigidaire refused to repair. Now after 2 years fridge will not maintain cooling temps appears it is not defrosting. One word to describe this fridge "Garbage".

I bought the Frigidaire Gallery kitchen package in September 2014. The items included the French door model #LGHB2867PF5 which I have just submitted my 3rd repair request through my protection plan from Lowe's. The issue is with the upper ice maker. First problem in March 2015, rear seal broke which allowed internal parts to freeze and break. Second repair January 2016, same problem. Third repair, February 4th, 2017, the upper ice maker Is defrosting and water is dripping out on floor. The word from Lowe's protection plan about the lemon policy is it has to break down 3 times in a year to have it replaced. My response was that would make it a POS not a lemon. I will only accept a replacement because the issue has been with the same part and has not been able to be fixed.

We purchased our refrigerator in January 2015. Stainless steel, double doors on top freezer in bottom drawer. Model #FGHF2366PF. The first repair came in December of 2015 with the water line to the ice maker freezing. We had this repaired several times, bought the extended warranty. The cold drawer is also freezing the contents. On 1/19 - our 7th repair, the entire icemaker was replaced. It stopped working the next day. The repair tech called Frigidaire to say it couldn't be repaired, they insisted on a second opinion. We had the 8th repair today, and a whole new icemaker was again installed. Customer service told me that if the service tech says it can't be repaired or the SAME part is replaced 3 times, they might replace the unit. The repair tech that was here today said when they call Frigidaire's tech help area they insist it CAN be repaired. I have read other reviews about this unit and they all say the same thing.

I would not recommend Frigidaire to anyone. We have lost countless hours of work to be here for the repair appointments, this product - after 8 repairs - is obviously a lemon. I bought a new Frigidaire range at the same time and had that repaired several times as well. I wish I had the reviews before buying this product. I hope my review can save hardship for other people. I'm ready to go to the Better Business Bureau. Very frustrating!

Bad appliance, bad service, contract fraud. I bought a side by side 11/2016. In Jan 2017 the fridge went out. It started making a noise then it stop freezing. The ice machine been messed up. I wanna know who responsible for the customers well being after the purchases.

Bought this refrigerator to replace the old one because the ice maker suddenly gave up after 10 years. Wanted to upgrade for a bigger better one well... As soon as Best Buy came to install it, it started having problem with ice build ups, bottom freezer door not closing and the ice maker was only giving us 5 or 6 pieces of ice cubes. Called to complain and they sent technicians a few times until the manufacture warranty expired. The ICE MAKER has never worked even up to the lowest expectations and NOW it has completely shut down. No ice anymore.

We have tried to make our case with BEST BUY and the manufacturer but we have been given the middle finger instead. Yeap, after all that money we wish we would have kept the old one. The satisfaction review should be from 0 to 5 because we don't want to give this refrigerator not even a 1. Let us know if they ever do the right thing and recall this product and refunds the cost or, of any lawsuits. We will join.

My mom purchased a really nice looking (and very expensive) stainless fridge and freezer combo by Frigidaire. She has had it less than a year and is going in her 6th service call for the ice maker unit! They continue to put band-aids on the issue and refuse to allow the contracted repair company to replace the unit! I am getting ready to purchase all new appliances for my new house and will make sure not a single one will have the Frigidaire logo on them.

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator, Model # FFHS2611LWC, SERIAL # 4A33910867 from Lowe's on 2 Dec 2013 and delivered & installed on 4 Dec 2013. I did not buy an extended warranty, as they are a waste of money. Incidently, our previous refrigerator was a Whirlpool, that lasted well over 20 years. We thought that at that age, it was time to update. Also, I cleaned up that refridge and sold it for $150.00 and it was still working fine. Now, this piece of junk that we are stuck with has giving me Ice Maker problems almost since day one. On 6 June 2015, (about a 1 1/2 years old) after calling Frigidaire, was told to call a local appliance repair co. The technician said it needed a new Ice Maker. When I asked an approximate price for the maker, I was floored, plus the replacement charge. I had already paid him $43.29 for his "VISIT".

I then purchased an Ice Maker, original equipment, and replaced it myself, as I am mechanically inclined. I paid less than he quoted and also got a military discount. It took about 20 minutes or less to replace it. It worked fine for a while. It then started again with the same problem. Luckily, I kept the original one and replaced it. Now, when it acts up, I switch them out. I have already done this at least 3 times. I believe, it is a defectively made part, but Frigidaire refuses to admit it. We are just about ready to buy a new fridge but, believe me, it will NOT be another Frigidaire. I highly recommend anyone in the market for a Refrigerator, DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE, you'll regret it.

My refrigerator leaked all over my floor. I dealt with black mold and a saggy floor. Frigidaire was going to replace the products and I've tried for 2 weeks to get them to come out and I keep getting the runaround. I have been dealing with this since November. I would love to return all the products and go with a reputable company.

Last night while I was sleeping in my house with my wife and three kids, I was woken to one of my kids yelling and crying, to find out the house was filled with smoke, with an electrical smell. After trying to find the source of the smell of smoke I found out it was coming from behind the fridge. When I looked on the bottom and took the back cover off I saw a small fire and sparks. I immediately unplugged the refrigerator and now all my food is going bad.

Customer Service is unavailable. Totally ridiculous... If we wouldn't have woken up who knows what would have happened. I cannot reconnect it as we have a gas line running behind our stove directly next to the refrigerator. Terrifying. Could have been devastating. Need an immediate resolution to this issue. If no response within 24 hours we will be contacting our lawyer. I do not see any recalls listed online, however through research today I find that this is a common occurrence with your refrigerators. Serious issue should not be ignored, lives and property can be lost.

The ice maker has several issues: 2-4 ice cubes stick to gather and jam ice dispenser. You then have to open the freezer and fish them out of the dispenser. They will also come out all at once blasting ice all over your kitchen. The third issue is the motor will run to dispense ice for like 30 seconds then spit out chipped ice when you want cubes and immediately followed by cubes overflowing your glass blasting ice all over the floor. I have had this refrigerator for four years and go through one of these issues daily. It is obnoxious and frustrating. If I could afford a new one this one would be on the curb. I will never purchase this brand ever again. By the way this is our first Frigidaire appliance and last!!

Bought new Frigidaire French door/ice maker 27.86 cu model LGHB2867PF. Been a NIGHTMARE! I have had it serviced 4. Yes 4 times. Will not... Never... produce ice. Lowe's who I bought it from says it's all on Frigidaire. No help. The first repairman said "This thing will never produce ice". I guess he was right. 3 repair calls later still does not work. Said it is "bottom end" model design. So $2000 was bottom end??? I took out year extended warranty. Guess I am glad I did. This will run out in 2/2018. I guess I should get to know these repair guys. This appears to be a lemon. I got ride of my 23 year old Roper fridge that I only ever change the light bulb from inside twice in 23 years. I guess I got hosed!

Our fridge was delivered in August 2016 - It has double fridge doors up top and the freezer along the bottom. Ice maker completely stopped working twice already. The technician came out and said they have a huge problem with these fridges and the company should do a recall but hasn't yet. I think mine is an Electrolux that Frigidaire bought out. Anyway, the fan keeps freezing over and I have to take my hair dryer and unfreeze it all the time; now the fan won't work at all (again). Second tech visit and he is simply replacing the ice maker tomorrow. I am looking into getting the fridge replaced based on customer satisfaction... not sure how far that will go.

I bought my refrigerator in May of 2017. In June I had to call for service on my ice maker because it stopped working. They replaced the gasket then it worked again. In December, it stopped making again. Now I am still waiting for parts to come in. I called Frigidaire to see if I can get new refrigerator due to constant issues and they don't give new products, they will only repair as many times that the problem is there within the manufacturing warranty year. If you do not have an extended warranty then you are out of luck basically. I told rep that all the reviews I am reading have many issues with the same problem "the ice maker" and that didn't change a thing. This company is supposed to be a reputable name but has continued to keep these products on the market for sale knowing that so many people are having issues with them. Shame on them!

Once you get the food in it, the refrigerator is dark...very poor lighting! I wanted to return it but they wouldn't let me. Bought it at Home Depot. Would not buy another refrigerator from Home Depot!

We bought a fridge in September, hooked it up in October and in November it stop cooling. We called. They sent a guy from a contracted company here within a few Days. He showed up an hour late and I needed to leave to get my kids from a school and he said "it's the seals". So he fixed them and then just stopped cooling a week and a half ago and they canceled on us and said it would be that Friday. Then never showed up. Then they said Monday. Then never showed up. We called and they said it would be Friday.

Then today Thursday and haven't showed up yet at 3:56 pm. I'm seriously about done. I would never recommend this company for the fact the product messing up twice within a couple months and the fact the companies they have contracted are not dependable!! If something don't happen today I will be the one calling Frigidaire myself instead of my husband!! This could be fixed if they'd get heads out of butts or just replace it. Nothing like a family having to keep a cooler outside with their food in it and not able to go to grocery store due to it!!! Poor Company in every way!!!

About 18 months ago, I purchased a brand new Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. Immediately I noticed that the ice maker was going to be an issue. I dealt with the problems for about six months, then used my extended warranty and got a new ice maker installed. Immediately I knew it is a design flaw. The ice maker has several major issues: ice comes out connected, usually 2-4 cubes together, then they get stuck in the dispenser causing a backup. You have to open the door and manually take all the ice out of the door. Or, they come out all at once, blasting ice all over your kitchen. Absolutely ridiculous.

My 10 year old GE refrigerator I had before had the original ice maker that worked 100 times better! I have contacted Frigidaire many times, only to receive a canned response from them stating their dedication to customer satisfaction, but never actually do anything about it. I know of at least 4 other people who bought the same line of fridge, and have the exact same problems!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.
  • Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.
  • Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.
  • Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.
  • Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.
  • Best for Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Compare Refrigerators