Frigidaire Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a new Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator model LGUB2642 LF4 about 4 years ago as part of a new home. I purchased an extended warranty thru the store where it was purchased. As many others have reported the icemaker in the refrigerator compartment is a poor design and freezes up. Techs added additional gaskets which worked for a while but recently the ice maker stopped making ice and the ice was melting in the tray. I pulled the refrigerator out from the wall to try to reset it by unplugging it. Imagine my surprise when I noticed the water supply line was embedded in a block of ice on the back (outside) the box. The ice was about 3" in diameter and about 3/4" thick ON THE BACK of the refrigerator. In addition an area of rust near the ice and above the ice trailed down the exterior to the floor. A refrigerator should last longer than 4 years. Frigidaire is junk! The refrigerator was registered and the serial number is 4A13301247.

Bought a Frigidaire refrigerator in 2012. Sometime in 2013 my icemaker would not make ice and the light bulb in my refrigerator made holes in the refrigerator. Frigidaire did not want to fix the refrigerator but with much conversation they came out and fix the refrigerator. Now two years later having the same problems and Frigidaire has wiped their hands on the matter. They said they would pay for 50% of the parts, well as you know it is the labor that costs to repair a refrigerator. I spent many hours researching and I found out that it is a flaw in the design of the ice maker in the top of the refrigerator that Frigidaire doesn't want to own up to. They would rather stick the consumer with the cost of buying a new refrigerator. Please Please Please do not buy any Frigidaire products. They do not take care of the customer.

Brand new fridge bought in July makes loud popping growling sounds that wakes me up out of my sleep. Repair guy says sound is normal. I don't remember the old school refrigerators making sounds like this. So much for wanted to upgrade to stainless steel.

I'm writing a review because of a bad experience with our 5 year old Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator model #LGUB2642LF. We purchased it from Lowe's on July 2011, with an extended 5YR warranty. The ice maker quit working in early 2016, I decided to get it fixed under warranty before it ended. The service company, Boston Joe's came to examine on 5/24. They also found beside the ice maker issue the back of the refrigerator was rusting out. The parts were ordered and installed 2 weeks later. Thought problem was solved... Four weeks later the refrigerator stopped working. It was all frosted up. I put (2) calls into Boston Joe's... No response. I called another service company... They came to look at the refrigerator. Service tech told me he couldn't fix it and 'ran' away...

I defrosted the refrigerator and turned off the water to the icemaker. It was fine for another 6 weeks or so. It frosted up again and again. I emailed the warranty company and told me I was out of luck because I didn't contact them directly. I thought I was doing right by calling Boston Joe's, nice! This is the last time I ever buy or recommend a "Frigidaire product".

My freezer began frosting over almost immediately after purchase in February 2016. However in September 2016 the refrigerator portion became erratic with temperatures ranging from 22-54 f. I had service come out to look at both. Did their repair. Same issue. Repairs came again. Didn't fix it. Came another time. Freezer still frosting over. Cooler still not cooling off well. I have sent numerous emails and made numerous calls yet all that Frigidaire says is "the warranty is for parts and labor only," and they won't consider replacing it. I'm still under warranty but I wish I'd never purchased this product. It runs loudly and I simply don't feel I can trust it any more plus the company's service is TERRIBLE and they don't care about my satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

6 service calls in 4 years = FAIL. Model is a side by side with lower freezer, icemaker in door. Problems include ice maker not working, no water coming out, frozen bladder. Have had seal kit replaced twice. Now fridge is making a constant loud humming noise! We are ready to give up, and will never buy a Frigidaire product again.

I purchased my refrigerator with the expectation that it would last!!!! The refrigerator is 4 years old and needs a new compressor? Frigidaire has a one year warranty so it will cost me $600 to repair it and that doesn't make sense??? I will never buy another product from this company and would advise you to do the same. NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!! Even if I did spend the extra money to buy an "EXTENDED" warranty that would have cost an additional $350 - it doesn't make sense. I am very dissatisfied with this product.... Model number FFHS2611LW4...... Serial # 4A22912747. I would suggest you go back to the good old days and buy ice.... it will keep your refrigerator cooler than a Frigidaire will. PRODUCTS don't last!!! VERY SAD!!!

I live in an apartment that has a new Frigidaire refrigerator. I moved here in the beginning of this year 2016. The handle on the refrigerator fell off and I had to report it several times. Now the representative in the office is saying the handle is broken and I have to pay for it around $75.00. I plan to file a claim in small claims court after I pay for the handle. It has to be ordered. I feel I am being blamed for breaking the handle. I am angry and insulted that I am, as a tenant, being treated this way. I pay a lot of money for my rent. It is not a cheap apartment complex.

We took delivery of a side by side refrigerator in July of 2105. Since we got it the ice maker would only work intermittently. For one year the serviceman was here and replaced every component in the ice maker system. It still worked intermittently but usually only was off for a day. It now has stopped completely. The serviceman told me that since they moved it from the freezer to fresh food section there have been nothing but problems. Don't buy one unless you also want to buy bags of ice.

I needed a very small Allen wrench to tighten a screw that attached the handle on a Frigidaire refrigerator that's under 3 years old. Spoke to Customer Service and they wanted $7.71 for the wrench and $6.95 for the postage. Went to my local independent hardware store and bought the wrench for .40 cents. Will never purchase a Frigidaire product. They take advantage of their customers!

I bought this refrigerator at Menards in Poplar Bluff MO on 5/9/15 - a side by side. Had it almost a year, noticed it had a code and started getting warmer. Called and they attempted to repaired 4 times. It would last at least a month or two at a time. Called and tried to get replaced, and they said the warranty was out now and we are on our own to get repaired, also had food go bad while we were on vacation after repairman said they had it fixed. Didn't pay for that, some warranty.

I bought a new Frigidaire refrigerator for my tenants about 10 month ago but it has several quality issues recently and it's not functioning well. It's still under 1 year warranty but the warranty only covers door gasket. The lower door bracket issue is not covered by the warranty. It cost me $52 and my tenants have had to throw away a lot of food because the refrigerator not staying cold. Do not buy Frigidaire!! Worst appliance ever!

We purchase a new Frigidaire refrigerator in April 2015. By January 2016, the refrigerator had completely stopped working. Since it was still under the one year warranty, Fridgidaire had their local repair techs come out to fix it. They didn't show up until February and then parts weren't delivered until the end of March. The repair person said the problem was that the motherboard went out and continues to do so on this product. It is now October 2016 and our new refrigerator has completely stopped working again. The year warranty is up and we will just have to toss this appliance because of the reoccurring problem. I strongly recommend that no one purchase a refrigerator from Frigidaire. I surely will not again!

Foolishly bought the 'appliance package' for over 3k and the only appliance that works is the microwave. I have had repair techs out to look at the oven. They 'fixed' it but I still have to adjust the cooking time because it is either over baked or still raw. The dishwasher does not clean nor are my dishes dry...even if I leave them overnight. There is so much water and moisture that my dishes have to be hand dried. So glad I bought an appliance to save me time. And now the refrigerator. The freezer basket falls off the rails and is unusable. The unit makes hideous loud noises that in spite of SEVERAL repair technicians, still continues and at times it drowns out the television in another room. The REFRIGERATOR freezes my food, milk and my insulin. Again several repair techs have 'fixed' the problem and one even suggested not placing items on the shelf next to the freezer wall (it is a side by side).

So buy a large refrigerator and only use half the space? So continue to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket for insulin because your insurance will only refill your Rx once a month? So in spite of purchasing a product that should work you are told 'we cannot do anything more for you since you are out of warranty'. I have been calling since this piece of crap refrigerator was purchased and yet, in spite of just doing the right thing because you have a record of my complaints going back to the purchase date, you play the game of sending incompetent technicians to my home to appease me until I am out of warranty and you are off the hook. If you are looking for a good quality appliance package from a company who stands behind their product, it is NOT Frigidaire.

My husband and I bought our first set of matching appliance and they were Frigidaire Gallery. This was almost 2 years ago. One of the biggest mistakes we've done. The refrigerator (model FGHS2355PF5A) wall all of a sudden has a crack in it. This did not come from misuse. The service rep told me there was nothing they could do about it being there is no recall on it and that I should call a service tech. The service tech said it's not repairable. The ice maker jams up often. The dishwasher throws up codes and the only way to make it work again is to flip the breaker in the breaker box. The dishwasher problem didn't start happening until after the warranty was up. Shame on me for not researching appliances before buying. It's really sad companies don't stand by their product anymore. Very unhappy and won't buy this brand again!

We purchased our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator model # FGHB2844LF5 in 2011. On October 24, 2016, the bulbs in the back of the refrigerator melted the plastic and wiring controlling the interface that in turn controls the lighting, water and ice. Fortunately, the lighting no longer working and prevented the refrigerator from catching fire as we slept in our beds. Upon further research we found that other consumers were not as fortunate as their units caught on fire.

We contacted the manufacturer and they did not seem concerned. They further stated they had not heard of this issue occurring with other consumers. However, with just minutes of research on the Consumer Reports website we found numerous reviews where consumers had the same problem with their refrigerator. My husband and I don't have children so our refrigerator is not left open for extended periods of time as was suggested by the manufacturer. We also had numerous issues with the ice maker which had to be repaired or replaced multiple times. Due to their lack of concern and their inability to stand by their product, we will never purchase another Frigidaire product.

BEWARE. Frigidaire does not stand behind their products. If you don't buy their extended warranty you are out of luck. This ~$2600 machine has failed three times in 3 years. Installed on 1/2013, failed 7/2014, failed 11/2015, failed 10/2016. Each time it is the motherboard that has cost $500 to repair. Called the company. NO customer recovery. THEY HAVE LOST MY BUSINESS!!! I spend $5300 on a Professional line kitchen and now the refrigerator does not match. If I could have rated this product and this company with less than one star, I would have.

From day one refrigerator was making very loud noises and had no cool issues. Repair came and went several times within first year replacing defrost timer and circuit board etc... Almost 4 months later same issue. Btw inside shelf broke and handle on door. No kids here! So we had to get extended warranty being fridge temp won't go below 62f. So after waiting 36 days repair comes say freezer needs to be thawed. I bought a self thawing unit. Who takes off inside panel to freezer and blow dries it every 6 months?? So he says this is the problem. It's not allowing defrost timer to function properly. Also told I had too much food in both compartments. I live alone and wasn't much food in either so I don't buy that excuse or the others I've been told. I feel I got a lemon.

Btw RECKER AND BOERGER would not return or replace unit as Frigidaire won't either. Was told the unit has to be serviced 3 times within the first year. No wonder they take so long to get a repair person out. Needless to say I have lost between food and time off work for repairs at least 2000.00 for a fridge that cost 600.00. I got sick several times eating bad food. I'm filing complaints with the BBB and others. After reading other reviews I see I'm just another unsatisfied customers that Frigidaire has no intention of replacing my unit or do they care about my loss of food, time and money. They can't even come out in a timely manner. Will never buy their products ever. And will file a small claims thru courts. I'm asking to be compensated for my troubles which is far beyond the cost of the fridge. Very upset!!! Pass it on! Do not buy Frigidaire!!

I purchased a new Frigidaire refrigerator just 9 months ago. I am on my second set of repairs and service calls. I have a new refrigerator that has a freezer that continually defrosts (high temp) and a refrigerator side which starts to freeze. Due to the ice build-up the fan/motor makes so much noise. You cannot leave the refrigerator plugged in. So for the second time and for a week again we plug it in, makes the noise, unplug to thaw out. Plug it in, unplug. We have basically not had a refrigerator for our 3rd full week again.

Service comes out 5 to seven days after you call. They order parts, another 5 to 7 days of waiting. No such thing as overnighting parts because the contracted company by Frigidaire does not get its parts from Frigidaire. Imagine that! I suggested to Frigidaire that I feel like I have a "LEMON." They informed me that no such law exists for appliances. Now I understand that my refrigerator sounds like many others. It sounds like the norm for their refrigerators. I certainly wish I had done more research. If you are buying a new refrigerator, I would suggest a different brand. Customer service for Frigidaire is about zero!

Although I haven't had the problems that some have had I too am very sorry that I didn't check reviews on my fridge before I purchased it. I have had my fridge now for almost three years. I started having problems with it near the end of last year. At first it started to making this loud noise which only stopped when you turned it off and waited before turning it on again. During the summer of last year the ice maker would stop working unless you turned the freezer up to 6 or 7. The trouble began this year however when the noise returned and the freezer side stopped working altogether. I called Lowe's who in turn had someone come out to check the problem. There was ice build-up on the condenser coil which the tech melted away. Well that was in July and the ice is back again but this time water is somehow pooling on my food and freezing.

I called and someone is to come out tomorrow but I don't plan to have to call someone every three or four months. I would much rather have a replacement since the company knows of these problems and doesn't plan to fix them. Serial number FFHS2511LWB is a load of crap and I want my money back or a new and better fridge.

My husband and I purchased our Frigidaire Gallery French Door refrigerator freezer in March of 2011 from Pacific Sales when we had our kitchen remodeled. All of our appliances are from the Frigidaire Gallery series. All of our other appliance are in good working order except for some peeling film on the microwave. This refrigerator/freezer/ice maker has been a nightmare since we got it.

The freezer temp will randomly start raising and the ice maker stop working. I really cannot count the number of times it has been repaired and the ice maker replaced. This has occurred between 10 and 20 times. I finally bought an extended warranty because of the cost and here I am with my third fix under the warranty which is set to expire on 11/2/16. I have never in my 50 years had an experience with an appliance like this. I have a Frigidaire refrigerator/freezer in my garage that I have had for several years with no issues, but with this situation the way it is, I cannot justify purchasing another Frigidaire again. Worst appliance ever!

My 4 year old refrigerator (out of warranty of course). The fridge part stopped cooling. I lost all my food and was told by customer service that I needed an evaporator. Stupid of me to be talked into ordering it for $99.00. Thinking I'd need the part when a repairman came I checked on the shipping status 2 days later. It hadn't even been processed. When the repair man checked the fridge he found the light bulb that came with the unit didn't turn off when the doors were closed and caused the frig to overheat. A lightbulb! A light bulb that is controlled by the computer circuit in the fridge. Now I'm spending 300 for a new computer board because of a stupid design. Thank you, Frigidaire. Next I'll try to get a refund on the part which the repair man said wasn't at all necessary.

I purchased this Frigidaire Gallery side by side refrigerator 3 yrs ago. I've had numerous problems with the icemaker. I've had several service men out to repair it but all attempts have failed. They all said that "it is the worse design to fix & next to impossible"! I've lost $$$ for I've had to leave work to be here for attempted repairs. Elite Experts came out yesterday & said it CANNOT be repaired. My Home Warranty of America will have to reimburse me. DO NOT purchase this product.

I started reading the other reviews on this site and was very sorry I didn't look at this before I bought the Frigidaire side by side Model #FGHS2631PF4A!!! All of the reviews describe exactly what I've experienced! This unit isn't even 2 years old and I have issues with the ice maker getting jammed several times a week. Spills ice on the floor out of the dispenser when it is not being used. Pull out bins in freezer fall off the track. LED display lights out or partially out. Please do NOT buy a Frigidaire Refrigerator!

Bought brand new. Broke on day 4, would not cool food. Tech came out and repaired. On day 12 broke again, same issue. Tech out again. Waiting to hear about exchanging it for another brand with Badcock (place where purchased). After reading all these reviews about how terrible Frigidaire products are, I don't want to chance it any further with this one.

In April I purchased my refrigerator, gas range and dishwasher for my kitchen remodel. All Frigidaire. Model FFHB2740PSBA. In my 4th month my freezer went out, lost all my food, my ice maker broke, and now my refrigerator side isn't working. Now my nightmare begins. This company don't care about us customers. I went through 2 service companies for repairs, 2nd opinions, pictures and all reports that they ask for deeming my appliance non repairable, and here I am still waiting for a replacement.

I'm getting the run around from Frigidaire. I spoke with 4 different corp supervisors with no conclusion. I'm very mad, frustrated and furious for them not stepping up and solving my problem and just take care of getting me a new unit. We are living out an ice chest to keep things cold. We have no freezer and it's been a month and a half dealing with this people. All I can say is I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. And after reading this, I hope you won't too.

9-26-2016. Purchased a new Frigidaire side by side refrigerator Model # FFHS2611LWMA on 8-27-16. On 9-24-16 the high-temperature indicator on the non-freezer side started an audible alarm. I was unable to keep the temp in the 30-degree range as it appears something has already failed. Quickly rose to 60+ degrees. Called Frigidaire to report the problem and ask for a repairman to come out. They can't get anyone to me until 4 days later. Food spoiled. Money lost. No compensation. Also ice maker is extremely noisy since the day it was plugged in. Just waiting for it to go bad also. My advice to you is DO NOT BUY THIS model! It's junk.

I am proud hard working father of 4. Last October during a heatwave here So Cal I decided to treat myself to a new Frigidaire for me and my family. I purchased the black side by side water and ice maker in door. It was awesome at first. No problems till now. Less than one year later and fridge is out. Frigidaire gave me a list of 3 appliance techs. I looked all 3 up online and decided to go with MyApplianceService.com. They boldly display same day service and warrantied parts. It's been a nightmare. MyApplianceService.com keeps sending me same tech and fridge is still broken. I am very positive person but this experience has got me irate. It's been a month and half Fridge is out still. The tech speaks broken English and something isn't right about him. Thru life one trip to mechanic and job isn't completed first trip I move on. I am at the mercy of this service warranty and this stupid appliance service company.

My savings is gone on our food. No milk for kids for breakfast, no groceries. This has been worst experience by far. Now I'm forced to buy a new fridge and it has even been a year. I work hard for my money and to buy the best and Frigidaire my friends is a cheap brand. 1500$ fridge. I shouldn't have to buy another within a year. I shouldn't be at nobody's mercy for cold drinks and food. This sucks. Hope this review helps anyone looking to buy a fridge... It might just be the luck of the draw? Either way I'm be late with rent and broke coming payday because this stupid fridge can't be repaired to Frigidaire & to MyApplianceService.com.

Purchase this black side by side refrigerator by Frigidaire on July 14,2016. Well within one month it only produce crush ice so the ice maker was replace with a new one! The noise upon the first was horrible knocking. Sound as if it was a jet getting ready for take off! So my guest came over and wow, the noise from the refrigerator frighten them initially, so I explain it was the refrigerator. They were amazed! I have call and requested a replacement, but the warranty only is in effect if something is broke and cannot be repaired! So I am stuck. I do not know if it is worthwhile to take them to small claims court, but I know I will not buy another Frigidaire ever in my lifetime and will not recommend this item to a dog catcher! I will be getting rid of this soon. I will lose money, but it will be worth it to get rid of this piece of junk! It is not worth the time it took a team to make! Please do not buy a Frigidaire refrigerator!

Fortunately, I took out an extended warranty with Square Deal, having had previous refrigerator problems with GE and Whirlpool. My 3 year old 1817 model has had problems since the first day. And by the way, don't blame Obama for refrigerator problems. Mine was made in Canada and has already lasted longer than the two previous refrigerators that were made in the USA.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.
  • Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.
  • Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.
  • Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.
  • Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.
  • Best for Homeowners and businesses looking for a wide variety of products, or a certain design for their kitchen or office.

Compare Refrigerators