Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I have used Frigidaire appliances for over 45 years and have never had a issue. I have had my present Frigidaire appliances for almost 20 years without an issue. Those include a stackable washer/dryer, refrigerator, and stove. I started out in 1971 with Frigidaire appliances in Coppertone. Loved them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I hate this refrigerator but for the record, I didn't choose it. The builder selected it. It makes clicking noises all day and all night long. Plus it sticks out too far past the countertops. I had to have it repaired within the first month of ownership. The water/ice dispenser area was leaking and water was dripping down the front. I am looking forward to replacing it with a counter-depth refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator looks great in my newly refitted kitchen. It does not dominate the space, looks sleek. I love that everything inside is adjustable so that you can stock it efficiently. The filtered water tastes good and refreshing, the ice cubes are a decent size, not like boulders! Excellent!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I wish I could recommend any Frigidaire appliance but I have come to realize my last 4 appliances were Frigidaire and they are junk. I am so disappointed that they claim they are USA made because that actually meant something at one time. After dealing with these piles of junk called USA made appliances, I will go to foreign manufactured again over choosing Frigidaire.

Not only that, their customer service reps will hang up on you and will blow you off when your appliances have not worked since you installed them just a few short months ago. My refrigerator was overfilled with insulation at the factory but it takes months to resolve and they won’t take responsibility for your food being ruined even though it’s a factory defect. Had I known how problematic they are, I would never have purchased. Even the appliance repair shop stated that Frigidaire cuts corners on quality. Again, not the “USA made” products we were used to in the past. Do yourself a huge favor and avoid Frigidaire like the Black Plague and don’t believe their marketing hype that they are a quality manufacturer.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

The refrigerator is great, but what's even greater is a chance to actually give feedback with no fear that I might slam you. Quite the opposite. Amazon is awesome. It's saved me a ton of money electrically. I just want to say thank you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

The doors will not close without pushing them even though the unit was properly installed with 1/4 “ elevation to the front of the unit. Fruits and vegetables sometimes freeze in the refrigerator section when the setting is at 37. A setting of 39 helps. The drawer space is quite adequate, and the shelves are well placed. The ice maker and water dispenser are adequate. The ice distribution is inconsistent and sometimes sprays ice cubes onto the floor.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I have an older model but it has worked well over the years with little maintenance needed. By today’s standards it is probably outdated but the brand itself has always been a good one for my family! I would recommend this brand to anyone who is looking for reliability and performance.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Food in the refrigerator freezes and repair man says that is the way it works because ice maker is in the fridge part of the unit. I can't believe that this unit is for sale. This is not the way it should work.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Purchased 11-2018 Frigidaire 25 CF, French 3 Door, ext. Water and Ice Cube dispenser. Delivery, set up, removal of old unit was seamless. Unit works and looks great with the following exceptions. Ice maker cover impacts and limits top shelf storage. Freezer Compartment $15 LED lamp has failed after 10 months. No lamps covered under warranty. Refrig set from 38-40 degrees still semi freezes eggs. Ice shoot sometimes clogs with cubes, need to open left door and clear blockage. OEM Water filters are expensive, so buy the equivalent from Amazon for a fraction of the price. Ice maker cube dump and water refill are noisy. Unit has a humming noise, acceptable but slightly annoying, but will take time getting used to. Seems like refrig compartment stores less than previous 2001 Frigidaire 25 cf side-by-side. I recommend purchasing with awareness of provided notations.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

So far so good. I am a little leery because of a lot of the new appliances nowadays don't last very long because they are made cheap. So we'll see how it goes. I wouldn't buy a Maytag though. I bought a washing machine and it only lasted two years before the control board went out on it and Maytag wouldn't do anything about it, except want to charge the same amount it would be to buy a new washer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

My Frigidaire does not supply enough shelf space for days. I prep for extra meals during the week. It would be nice to find a maker that provide special space for casserole meals. Most don't fit the bill. Also, anything close to the backs of most refrigerators freeze anything next to the back wall.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Especially bought this refrigerator because it was made in America and the ice maker is in the door of the side by side. Unique! Also got the counter depth and stainless steel, which I really like.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We inherited our Frigidaire when we bought our house. The compressor sounds like it laboring. This may have been related to the previous owner as the filters had not been replaced. It did shut off completely at one point but did restart itself. The large freezer drawer on the bottom is very spacious with handy drawer dividers. Overall pleased.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Model ffht1821q52 has not performed optimally since purchase. Warranty repairs failed to fix the defrost which heats up way too much and begins to thaw food and then refreezes creating constant ice formations. Will never buy another Frigidaire product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This ref breaks on a regular basis - of course just after the warranty expires. Cost me a small fortune in repairs just like the Frigidaire before it. In this case made in the USA was not so great!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I need a new refrigerator after 7 years. The freezer is working but the refrigerator has a high temperature reading and it won’t go down to the correct temperature. I called a repair person and they informed me it would be costly to find out the exact problem. This refrigerator did not last, they are not made like they use to be.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It's a side by side and the only downfall is the small freezer section. The ice and water dispenser are wonderful. Changing the water filter was NOT easy to do or learn. I was afraid of breaking it the 1st time doing. The removal instructions for the water filter are terrible. The accuracy of the temperature is outstanding. The ice maker performs extremely well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Poor quality. Don’t make the fridge like they use to. They are overpriced for the quality and definitely a men designed appliances. I would not buy this brand again. The placement of the shelves are poor.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

This refrigerator is super loud and noisy. It is constantly whining, groaning, and making all sorts of noise. I would never buy another one. This is something you cannot know until you get it home for a while.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

So, when my old fridge died, I went to Lowes and found my Frigidaire side by side. I love it! The adjustable shelves in the freezer really help with odd sized objects. The basket in the freezer is great for all my frozen veggies too! And did you know that two of the shelves in the fridge side pull out so you can reach the items in the back more easily. The glass shelves always look so nice and clean and the inset shelves in both doors can be moved too! The built in water and ice maker is a lifesaver when you need a drink! Crushed ice from the dispenser makes a soda the perfect temperature. The Frigidaire Gallery is a really great bargain at only $1100. This should be your next Fridge!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Frigidaire is a reliable and reasonable priced refrigerator. It gives me the space I need and keeps accurate temperature. Easy to clean. I have deal with Frigidaire for years and no problems. I don't go with fancy options so if it breaks it don't cost me a fortune to fix.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We bought a stainless steel side by side refrigerator at Lowe’s. No we did not buy an extended warranty. 2 months after buying the freezer started frosting up significantly. Called Frigidaire line for service representative in our area - Bethany Beach, DE. Ben ** referred us to a service repairman. He came 3 times. First tried new thermostat - not problem. He consulted with Ben ** and did a diagnostic test stating it needed a new compressor and probably other parts. They stated money spent there would be better buying a new refrigerator. Called Larry ** manager at Frigidaire since at this point total refrigerator not working and food going bad. Larry offered 50% of parts ordered through them - no labor. Chasing good after bad!

Money better spent on new fridge. Also wrote and called Electrolux - same response - “things happen”! Sorry this indicates to me poor product, poor service and pitifully unreliable appliance. Learning lesson: Beware of any Frigidaire product. I will never buy any Frigidaire product. I am 78 yrs old and bought many appliances and have never had one break down immediately. This is a red flag that something is wrong with the product!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We had another company come and twice they didn't fix the problem. The Electrolux/Frigidaire guy got the job done!!! What took 4 months and still not resolving the problem, took Frigidaire 1 day from call to completion!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Bought this new from Home Depot and 3 days post installation it stopped cooling. Electrolux repair person came out and said it had to be replaced. It was defective from the factory. He put in an order and it took 2 weeks for Frigidaire to process the order. After 2 more weeks Frigidaire said it had to be referred to a third party. That "referral" took a week to get processed. Now I'm waiting for the third party to contact me and it has been 6 weeks since the initial repair person put in the order. My family is having to live out of coolers buying ice everyday and having to shop daily so food doesn't spoil. All Frigidaire customer service can say is that this is their busy season. STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE. NOT WORTH THE FRUSTRATION.

Frigidaire sent me an email asking for a review. I submitted the above review and the next day received an email from the moderator that my review would not be published because it drives away business. The email asked that I change and resubmit my review. So if you go to their website keep in mind that they only publish the good reviews.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Not even 1 year old and the ice maker never made more than a small amount of ice. Sometimes no ice at all. The service guy came out, put a new ice maker in and told me that it would not make any difference because the refrigerator by Frigidaire is junk. I would recommend that you never buy any Frigidaire product. No more of their junk for me.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in May of 2018. Two weeks ago the drawer slides to the deli drawer broke. Not only are they unwilling to extend a courtesy repair for a part that should have lasted the life of the refrigerator (as it did with my GE), but they gouge the customer for $76 for a pair of $4 plastic drawer slides. Be careful when purchasing Frigidaire products.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Bought it in February 2017. Was fine. Beginning of 2019 we have nothing but problems. Making loud knocking noise when making ice than the sound of an airplane ready to take off. No exaggeration. Freezer fan froze up. Called Frigidaire, trouble getting anyone to talk to for help. When they did give us names of companies in our area to call for repair, none of them would return our calls. Store we bought it from was not helpful either. Got more help from Google, information on how to fix ourselves. Had to buy dry ice to save our food. NEVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE! They don't make good appliances. Stuck with a 2 year old lemon while saving up money to buy a new refrigerator.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Wow is all I have to say. Product is crap. Has been slowly breaking down over the first year of owning it. Finally broke 2 weeks after 1 year warranty expired. Can't get ahold of customer service, or they hang up on you. I finally got scheduled with a repair specialist who NO CALL NO SHOWED. I call Frigidaire and they hang up on me AGAIN. We will never be buying your crap products again. Solely due to your customer service oh and your crap products.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Five years ago we replaced all of our kitchen appliances with stainless Frigidaire appliances. At about the same time we purchased a second fridge to keep in our garage for extra storage. Two years in we had to call someone to repair the second fridge. Now the compressor died, so we have to replace that fridge AFTER ONLY 5 YEARS! And our main fridge fails to make ice consistently. The control panel light on one of the numbers went bad so we can't read what number it is. We WILL NOT purchase another Frigidaire product. Hire some real engineers to design your products to last more than 5 years...

Sincerely,

Broken Products=Broken Trust

Original review: June 26, 2019

My unit has developed a rusted hole in the back behind the ice maker. They want me to pay someone (of their choice) to confirm there is a hole - the pictures show it very well. After a year of back and forth they said this hole was normal. If I wanted a fridge with a hole feature I would have purchased that model. I don't want a rusted hole.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information