Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 4, 2020

In the past Frigidaire had quality products. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. Frigidaire now produces cheaply made, low quality refrigerators in Mexico. My 4 year old Frigidaire that cost almost $1,200 is failing. Parts and service are expensive. Do yourself a favor and avoid this brand. You will save a lot of money and aggravation.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Shame of Frigidaire, a well respected name in appliances for decades. What the heck happened? We bought a Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator 2 years ago and it is ready for the garbage already. The freezer is stuck in defrost mode and the refrigerator is freezing everything. Every single shelf and draw - made of the cheapest plastic - is broken. We are two senior citizens lightly using this machine and it has fallen apart. I could only imagine what it be like for a young family of four. We called the company to complain and they could care less. No quality. No service. Soon...no company! I hope they recognize this. Sad state of affairs that in a country like the United States, we can no longer get it right building a simple machine we have been building for close to 100 years. Companies like Frigidaire should not be allowed to live off their - In their heyday - past reputation and rip off the public by promising quality and taking their money in return for pure crap.

Original review: June 2, 2020

We experienced problems with this fridge within a few weeks of taking delivery. We modified the space for the fridge so delivery was delayed until the end of June. It froze/continues to freeze any item at the back of the fridge, even in the crisper drawers. I had 4 technicians take a look at it between August and January. In January, the top ice maker stopped working. The line in the fridge was freezing the water supply and prevented ice from being made. The second technician who came regarding the ice maker brought a new one. He indicated that he’d spoken with Frigidaire and they instructed him to replace the ice maker.

The ice maker began making ice about 4-5 days after being installed. Suddenly, it stopped working, after making ice for only 5-6 days. I contacted Frigidaire, again! Due to the coronavirus issue, an appointment was cancelled. I’m not sure if someone came before the technicians came on May 12th. I explained all the issues we’d experienced with this fridge. They ordered 2 parts they believe will fix something.

As much as all these service calls must have cost Frigidaire, they could have replaced the refrigerator!!! I did request a replacement, but was denied. No telling how much these 2 parts cost, in addition to yet another service call. I’ll likely have to start from the beginning on this process with the extended warranty! Unfortunately, I don’t have any idea how long that will take! Don’t even consider buying a Frigidaire Gallery French door refrigerator! Ours was definitely a lemon!!!

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a Frigidaire side-by-side Model: FFHS2311LWPA in July of 2016. In April it stopped working properly due to manufacturer defect. I contacted Frigidaire to let them know what happened. They said I would need to have a service tech come out to diagnose the problem & resolution needed. I contacted one of the companies they suggested, who confirmed that the fridge failed due to manufacturer defect and was irreparable. The service tech sent a report to Frigidaire stating this, but instead of replacing my fridge or refunding the purchase price, they said that all they could do was offer a 40% discount if I would purchase another Frigidaire fridge of equal or lesser value.

After speaking to numerous people they eventually offered a 60% discount, but remained firm that I would have to purchase another Frigidaire out of my own pocket, then after a few weeks they would rebate the percentage. I explained to everyone that I spoke with that I am a single mother of a small child. I am the sole breadwinner for my family & have been out of a job for months and do not have the financial means to come out of pocket to replace their defective product. COVID-19 has further complicated my situation.

During a time when many large companies are stepping up to show humanity and compassion during this nationwide crisis, Frigidaire is choosing to do the exact opposite. The very least they should do is stand behind their product & take responsibility when it fails. Instead, they are leaving me and my child to suffer for their mistake. I purchased the Frigidaire brand because my home had existing appliances by them, but I will never again waste my money on Frigidaire & I will spend the rest of my life discouraging others from doing so as well due to the extreme negativity of this experience. I've always had Whirlpool appliances in the past & will be replacing my other appliances with them as well as soon as I am financially stable again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I bought a whole set of Frigidaire gallery appliance back in 2011. The issues I’m having is with the refrigerator mostly on this unit. The ice maker went on me so I replaced that. After that the motherboard went on it. Replaced that. Another issue was a water line froze up inside the refrigerator which I had to thaw out not just recently. I had ice building up in the freezer floor. Found out I had a clogged drain line by the technician that came over. We pulled the fridge out. He noticed rust on the back panel rotting through. He also noticed inside Of the fridge the ceiling also was cracking now. I just said, "Enough is enough." I called up Frigidaire that gave me such a runaround about they didn’t care about my situation. I’m getting a new fridge.

I bought a Whirlpool to replace this POS. Eventually I’m going to replace the rest of the appliances. Frigidaire sucks. I had problems with the dishwasher leaking and not cleaning dishes. I had problems with the stove. I had a burner just come on by itself. The whole Frigidaire product stay away. Don’t buy Frigidaire at all. I learned my lesson and customer service will just brush you off. Won’t help you.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have to say, I am very biased. I prefer Frigidaire. We have 2 side by side units, one from 2006, and the other one is from 2017. Both have worked very well, and, yes we have had some minor repairs that I always could fix, but, overall, they just do what we expect. I think the key is to not buy all of the fancy electronics. Both of our units just have water / ice in the door, and that is all. On the 2006, other than filters, I just replaced the water control assy in the back of the unit. Part was less than 40.00. So, I guess I have had good ones. I still would buy them again.

Original review: May 10, 2020

We recently purchased a brand new Frigidaire Fridge which we thought was top of the line. Very nice looking and very spacious. It appears to be working okay but, the noise it makes is unbelievable. It sounds like someone with a very bad upset stomach and it is continuous!! One would never imagine how a fridge could make so much noise. And I am not kidding you, it sounds God awful.

Original review: April 29, 2020

We purchased a refrigerator freezer, and this so called company which is run by a bunch of crooks will not even stand by their warranty and the product is not even a year old yet. So beware what you buy. Never again will I buy this product brand.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Very loud pop noise from these refrigerators. Many others have complained, check the internet. I believe when the compressor kicks on it causes the pop, and sometimes several pops. Enough to be heard upstairs, and it'll startle you. Even under warranty and clearly showed him a video, they pointed to small print that noise is normal, I called BS. I just didn't want to hassle it. Now I'm just irritated and filing this complaint. There's a fix I showed them, they (service company) ignored it and said it was dated. Even though other people have it repaired under that repair bulletin. I think it's legal action time now. Also Howard's Appliance in Covina didn't follow up, just passed the buck to the extended waranty company.

Model: Frigidaire Gallery
Model: FGHG2366PFBA
S/N: 4A72719139
Warranty expires: Dec, 21, 2019
Warranty provider: New Leaf **

Service Subcontractor: My Appliance Service 800-828-0887, claim# **.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I purchased a top-freezer refrigerator (model LFTR2021TF) last September, 7 months ago, through Lowes, from Frigidaire, in which the compressor has failed already making the entire thing a piece of junk after less than a year. I have never owned any other product in my 66 years that has had a compressor failure, including the previous fridge that was almost 30 years old when I finally had to replace it. This is completely unacceptable in a 21st century product (I am a retired engineer) and I declare vendetta on frigidaire; I will never buy another product from them and recommend everyone do the same.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Bought a new refrigerator (Model #FGHB2868TF4) less than 10 months ago and the compressor went out. It will be at least 14 days until they complete the repair by replacing the compressor. Given this time frame I had no choice but to purchase another unit (shame on me for buying Frigidaire again). I was thinking someone reasonable would have offered more than $100 toward the purchase given their inability to effect a quick repair. Especially since there is no such thing as eating out under current conditions and who can afford to eat out every day anyway. Never own anything from this company again.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Last year my wife and I replaced a fairly new Kenmore refrigerator that was in the house we purchased when the condenser broke (more expensive to replace that worth it). We researched brands that did not have all the bells and whistles, just a basic side by side. We landed on Frigidaire from Home Depot. Even bought the extended warranty.

7 months later the ice maker started to make a whining noise. Called Frigidaire and scheduled an outside technician to come out. He did and immediately informed me that the “lines need to be blown out with nitrogen, but that it was too expensive and besides Frigidaire was a crap brand” and left. I called Frigidaire, explained that I was in shock at what he had said and that Frigidaire should probably not use them again. A new appointment was scheduled with a Frigidaire/Electrolux technician. Today he arrived and as my wife put away the pets, I explained the issue. Even played a recording of the noise. Immediately the tech told me that it is a known issue that I should have seen in the Owner's Manual. (Really?)

Who reads the Owners Manual before the purchase? Besides the sales folk at Home Depot don’t cover that info, they’re paid to push product out the door.

Again I called Frigidaire and after some back and forth with the frontline service rep, I was “Allowed” to speak with a supervisor. Who essentially told me the same thing. The onus was on the consumer to be aware of the manufacturer's faulty products before they buy. I am Gobsmacked and the sheer arrogance and the lack of interest Frigidaire has in regards to their reputation. DO NOT BUY A FRIGIDAIRE OR ELECTROLUX WITHOUT READING THE OWNER'S MANUAL FIRST. OMG, one of the worst companies ever when it comes to customer relations.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Bought a new Frigidaire refrigerator for approx. $2,800, model FPBG2278UF, delivered within one year from today and bought extended warranty as well. Within the 12-month manufacturer's warranty, the front wheels for both of the two fruit and vegetable drawers broke out of the plastic mounting device on the track (3 in total thus far). With the mounting device partially broken off, the wheels cannot be put back and new tracks that contain the mounting area for the wheels are required. Clearly a weakness in design by the manufacturer for a fairly expensive refrigerator with plastic mounting of the front wheels not designed to last any reasonable time during reasonable use of the fridge.

One would expect this to re-occur quickly given this weak design. Manufacturer's warranty does not cover it as this is considered a cosmetic damage and does not impair the cooling by the fridge. One wonders what else is considered cosmetic and not covered. Extended warranty doesn't cover it as well as it happened within the first year when the manufacturer's warranty is supposed to cover it. Beware of manufacturer's warranty, it's just "cosmetic" and doesn't mean anything.

Original review: April 3, 2020

We bought a fridge in November 2018. By August 2019 it broke down. Called customer service and they sent out a local repair company as the warranty was not up yet. They put on a new part and "fixed" it. Within a week it was down again. Called back and a different repair company was sent out. 2 service calls later they "fixed" it. Within weeks it went down again. Same company, same technician, even though I spent 1/2 and hour trying to get a different company/technician out. Came out, installed another piece. Guess what...within a month It went out again. By now we have had to throw out the food 3 times. Mind you this is all over the holidays. The only thing I can say positive is that even though the warranty expired in November they are still covering the repairs. Now it is it is March and we have not been able to keep the thing running more than a week, some times only hours, after the technicians have been out to fix it.

I have been told by at least 2 different customer service reps that they would replace the fridge because it is non-repairable. I never heard form them about setting up the replacement so I called them a few weeks after the last one told me they would replace it. Apparently it was denied 6 days before and I was not contacted by that division. The lady I talked to said they would have to send out another service call so that the technician can deem it non-repairable or repair it...again. I set up the call so that I could be there so my dad would not be exposed to anything since the country is all on quarantine, Thank heavens I called the service company to double check on the appointment because I would have waited all day for nothing. The customer service rep for Frigidaire never finalized thing on her end after telling me the appointment time frame. So I call Frigidaire again to see what happened.

I find they have record of me calling but no clue about any appointment request. This time the lady I talk to said that since it was out of warranty they would not replace it but will only cover part and labor. This fridge is less than 2 years old and we have only been able to use it about 9 months. I was told by one of the techs that the problem with the fridge is an inherent problem with this brand. If you value your money DO NOT BUY this brand.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Updated on 03/23/2020: The warranty department takes your money and it don't give you a new refrigerator and they said they're going to fix it. They said they're going to call the part. I haven't heard nothing from nobody unless I call them. Now you telling me won't come until Friday for Frigidaire won't give me replacement refrigerator so I mean this is crazy.

Original review: Call Frigidaire to find out about getting a new refrigerator. I was told that they'll send someone out to look at it. Guy came out to look at it. Another company call H&M. They said I need a new part. I just bought a refrigerator last year. March. Refrigerator should not be broken but it is. Now they're telling me the part's on backlog. Call Frigidaire company back to them with the guys at H&M. Said that it was on backlog. They told me I have to wait until the park is in. Meanwhile all my stuff in my fridge is going bad. The refrigerator is broken completely.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We purchased our refrigerator approx. 5 years ago. We have spent hundreds on repairs since. The latest in the long line of repairs was for the Ice maker. It just quit. Called our service tech only to find out this cannot be repaired due to a flaw in the insulation during manufacturing. (It froze up and will continue to do so). Called the customer service department and the best they can do is a 10% discount on a new appliance from their company. Not going to take the 10% because if you get burned thrice would anyone in their right mind put there hand back in the fire. I also have an Oven with the Frigidaire name on it that is the same age and also has major repair issues. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE OR ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES, they are DISPOSABLE PIECES OF **.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator May 27, 2019. It was working until January of this year. Then the ice maker stopped working and the front display was not lit. I called service and you can only use Transglobal (which is another nightmare). It took about 2 weeks for the service guy to come in and determine what the problem was, then another 2 weeks for the parts to come in. This is now 1 month with a not fully functioning brand new refrigerator.

He came beginning of Feb to replace the parts. Only to determine that another part was needed (one side of the door!!!!) I called Electrolux to complain and request a new refrigerator be sent as opposed to all this waiting for mine to be fixed. I was told that Electrolux warranty will fix the refrigerator not replace it. The serviceman then told me they would order the door but what he didn't tell me was that while installing the other 2 parts the circuit blew out the power in the refrigerator. I did not know until the next morning when my freezer was leaking on my hardwood floors and everything in refrigerator and freezer had to be thrown out. I called to demand replacement of my groceries to both the service company TRANSGLOBAL and Electrolux each indicating that it was not their responsibility!!!!

We are now middle of March and I have not had a refrigerator at all for a MONTH. This is absolutely unheard of in this day and age. I spent 3,000 on a refrigerator and the last 3 months it has not been fully functioning. I have never been so disappointed in a product and I will never purchase an electrolux/frigidaire appliance and I will let everyone know not to as well.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Purchased a refrigerator a few months after moving to update our kitchen. It made so much noise it was insane. After following all the steps we finally received another fridge. This one makes as much noise if not more. Had the same fridge before we moved and never had a problem that's why we chose this one again. And the same for the replacement, thought it might be just the one fridge. Apparently it isn't. Would not recommend this refrigerator to anyone. Putting up with the noise don't feel like going through the process again. If it gets much worse might just junk it and get another when we can afford it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Side by side upper freezer on bottom: Model DGHF236OPFO. Stone junk. Pretty to look at. Quality is terrible. Only had a few years so far. The ice maker broke. Which wasn't a big issue since it was worthless. Still paid a fortune to get repaired. Poor quality ice maker breaks. Leaks all over the place. Seals around french doors decay and fall apart almost immediately letting warm air into fridge; now want $200 just for the rubber seals w/o installation. This company puts out junk and wants you to pay fortunes to keep the appliance working. Will never buy anything with Electrolux name on it. Short term business model for quick profits; long term business model is to lose customers for life and put out reviews like this to warn others. You tell me what makes more sense. Build pretty looking junk or build solid repeat customers? I'm going to short the stock and recoup my money.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Bought fridge in 2018. Bottom doesn’t get cold. Freezer works great. Want $114 just to come check it out. After paying service call plus parts and labor I figured it wasn’t worth it. Will not purchase another Frigidaire product. Can’t believe it broke in less than 2 years. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

How to fix a noisy Frigidaire fridge. Bought 1 new from Lowe's. Same day it was delivered I heard a loud humming noise. Called Lowe's, they said it would be a month before they can replace it. Everyday until the new fridge arrived I'd have to turn off then turn on the fridge to get the noise to stop. The new fridge arrived. Later that evening, I heard the same humming noise coming from behind the fridge.

FIX: I'm not an electrician or mechanic or even "handy". I just got tired of the damn noise. *Do not do this if you do not feel comfortable working in and around exposed wires.* While the fridge is making the noise, remove the lower panel behind the fridge. Should be 3 or 4 screws holding it in place. You'll see in the bottom left a roundish looking device. That's the compressor. Next to mine is a plastic box almost touching the compressor. Whenever the compressor would kick on, it would vibrate this box, which sounds like a "humming" noise. Brace the plastic box by putting something between the compressor and plastic box. Could possibly use duct tape to tape the box to the compressor. I didn't look, but there's probably a screw securing the plastic box that has come loose. I hope this helps.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

My NEW refrigerator makes loud noises when compressor comes on. They have been out twice to correct the issue. The first time stating that they were aware of the issue and have performed the fix. Two week later back to the same issue. They came out again and said it is working as designed. This is not a valid response to my issue. He went so far as to suggest I put more food in it. It might help. I called the company. They said as long as it is cooling it is not replaceable. NOT ACCEPTABLE. STAY CLEAR!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Just after the expiration of warranty, the fridge gave an error message 5ys ef. I typed it on google see it being autocompleted, which means everyone has been typing the same to check. Spent $350 to change the cooling fan and then the PCB. Worked for two months and gave the same error message again. Threw it out and bought a new refrigerator from a different brand. What a relief to have a reliable refrigerator at home. The sad part is to see a well made refrigerator (but for the mechanics and electronics) go to junk. Frigidaire should stop making refrigerators to save precious resources of this planet and also to save their name.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

So disappointed with Frigidaire. I have a fridge for 5 yrs only, and today we noticed there is a condensation and malfunction (factory issue) of the ice maker. I had my refrigerator registered with Frigidaire and no notice was given to me. They had a class action, provided repair kits and now, just because it is closed and I didn't do it during the class action - which I had no way and was never informed that was an issue - they don't have repair kits. All they can offer now is a rebate of 20%.

I have 4 appliances with them, registered and when there is a factory issue they don't mind letting me know and now they don't stand for their product? A refrigerator should last 10, 15 yer. I have to replace in 5 yrs, all I get is 20% rebate? Shouldn't they stand by their product and their mistake and help me with at least half of a lifetime of a refrigerator? So half of my cost now?? They not only had a manufacturer issue and to avoid more issues they settle on a class action but they didn't bother to send an email for the registered customers that had the same refrigerator, advising of the issue. What were they waiting? For a leak to happen so I could figure out?

Shame on Frigidaire, so disappointed. Not worth staying with them. Ah, and when I called to complain - not to mentioned that I paid for a technician to come over and repair and there was nothing to do so I just lost money, the rep that helped me said there was nothing to do. Before hang up I decided to call a supervisor and then, he said there was a rebate. How come the rep doesn't know? How many people called and never got to the rebate offer? They don't take care of us as customers and they don't stand by their products.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased these items from Home Depot. When we installed them both appliances had wavy dents along the top. Home Depot referred me to Frigidaire. At first they told me my only option was to order new doors at my cost but "We do not have any as they are on back order..." (I wonder why). After some cajoling they decided to provide me with new doors and said a contractor would be in touch within 3 days.

Approximately 30 days later a guy calls and says "I'm at your house. Where are you?" I left work and rushed home to meet him. After a couple of minutes he tells me he only has a repair order for the refrigerator!! He says he would look into it. Another month goes by so I call Frigidaire and go round again. They tell me it will be sorted out. Another month goes by and a box comes to the house with one door in it. I call Frigidaire again. After another 30 minutes of my life go by I am told "We sent the other door to the repair company. They are coming next week to install both doors". Great!!! This morning the same repair guy comes and he says "We don't have any door" and as it turns out he still only has a repair order for the Refrigerator but he will not install the door until the other one arrives.

I call Frigidaire and a nice young lady researches everything and says "I am authorizing a freezer door even though you're out of the 30 day warranty but I cannot authorize the labor to do the install and some parts of the door are on back order. Someone will call you in a couple days with an estimate as to when they will arrive!!!! If you are considering Frigidaire you are a FOOL!!! Never ever ever again. Stay away. The most horrible customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Fridge area freezes food had two services calls 25 calls to Frigidaire customer service with no solution. Won’t help with all the loss of food. We have been doing this for two months. Calling tomorrow again to probably hear the same crap. Don’t buy any Frigidaire products. They don’t stand behind their product and you just can the run around. They even delete notes from your account so write everything down including when and who you have talk to. There is no corporate office to contact only customer service. Will be contacting the state of Michigan tomorrow.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

We bought our Frigidaire refrigerator about a year and a half ago from Lowe’s. We also purchased the extended warranty with it. The plastic piece that holds the produce tray cracked and fell apart just after a year of owning it. When we found out the warranty only covers electrical and mechanical issues, we went ahead and bought the overpriced $46 part. When the very bottom piece of fridge cracked, we called, and Frigidaire sent a contractor out. This crack affects the cooling of our fridge. We never heard a thing or for a follow up call for two and a half months. So, I contacted them again. They sent another contractor out.

We got a copy of the invoice. Frigidaire is covering the purchase of TAPE to be placed over the crack. The invoice was for $411.00. So, be warned; if you’re going to purchase the extended warranty plan, just be prepared. Your Frigidaire will more than likely fall apart, and the warranty is basically useless, unless, of course, tape can cover up the problem. They’ll cover that. Very disappointing!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

In July 2014 I bought a Frigidaire fridge Model FGHT1832PF3 and 2 months ago the freezer stopped working. A service man said it was the freon and to buy a new one. I realize appliances are not made to last but 5 years is unacceptable. Please make sure the public is aware of this before they buy a Frigidaire.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Worse customer service. My Frigidaire is cracking on the inside walls 6 cracks. I did buy an the extra warranty from Lowe's. What a joke. I am jumping through hoops. 2 different techs have came and said they do not recommend epoxy but they still said to repair it with tape and epoxy. By the time the 2nd guy came I had 3 more cracks. He said the wall is hollow and should not be. He also said he did not recommend epoxy and tape, because it will keep cracking... then the door shelf cracked. Lol I have no children. My husband and I...I will never buy a extended warranty again and lowes has NOT been any better in helping. They sold the fridge and they sold the warranty so I hold lowes responsible as well as Frigidaire.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The refrigerator went out at our office during the holidays. Came back to a refrigerator full of moldy food. Called customer service and spoke to Skia who couldn't have acted more put out by my call. I was also told that I would have to replace the gasket myself (um no) and the it would take a week to receive. Oh no honey, you need to overnight that part. I asked if they could expedite; to which she replied "Yes, but there's no guarantee it will arrive over night." Like, you don't offer to overnight a part automatically when a person's refrigerator is out?! Come on now!

I said I know the gasket isn't the issue as there's no airflow whatsoever and when I close the door there is a definite suction. I said I needed service now. She gave me some numbers to call for local repair people. I said "Great, so I just tell them it's under warranty?" She said "It won't be covered under warranty until you've replaced the gasket." So had I not asked, she sure as ** wouldn't have offered that little tidbit of information. I said "You mean the part that MIGHT arrive in 7-10 days?!" I asked her to send me an email confirmation on the expedited request. She said it should arrive in 10min., it's now been an hour and no email. Color me shocked. I just called back to follow up and guess what...lines are so busy you can't even wait on hold. I am livid.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information