Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I bought my current Frigidaire refrigerator almost a year and a half ago, and shelves are already falling apart in the door. I’ve never has a refrigerator fall apart so easily. I would be aware before purchasing this refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator at Lowe's in Cheyenne, Wyoming on July 23, 2019 and then in April (during the Covid 19 problems) it quit! Because I have RA and use an insulin that must be kept between 35 and 40 degrees, I didn't want to come to my house. I have been buying ice to keep my insulin from spoiling but it was too late for the food in the refrigerator. I checked online and found that the evaporator motor was probably frozen so I got a hairdryer and thawed it out but two days later it froze up again.

I finally called Frigidaire and explained my situation and they said they would transfer me to someone to help and it was a recording saying due to the large number of calls, I would have to call back and HUNG UP! I called again and talked to a Ben and told him NOT to transfer me and he promised he would get someone out after I explained my circumstances. NO WORD so two days later I called and they said that it had been referred to somewhere in California. I called them and they said they would get someone out on the 18th of August (which at the time was over THREE WEEKS).

I called an appliance repairman here in Laramie and he was just here with a new evaporator motor and replaced the bad one. It cost ME $168.64 and MANY, MANY heartaches. He told me something about a cap or something that was not attached that should have kept out the moisture. We finally have the refrigerator working but it won't dispense ice.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator Model FGSS2635TD. I have no complaints about the fridge itself, but the ice maker is a joke. My wife and I actually laughed at the 2"x4" ice maker tray. It makes 10 tiny ice cubes that melt almost immediately. I called the company and asked them for another ice maker and they told me there is no upgrade available. After paying over 1400.00 with a terrible ice maker, I feel like I was ripped off.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I nearly cut myself every time I try to clean my refrigerator as the bars that hold things in the door is sharp on the bottom side. When I try to wipe the door shelves I have to be careful not to scrape, scratch, or cut my hands. This is not a safe product. If I get a cut I’m going to go to the hospital and send the bill to your company.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We purchased a complete kitchen with Frigidaire Gallery appliances in June. Upon receipt, the refrigerator doors were extremely uneven making it difficult to close and clicking noise. Also, the back of the appliance has a permanent stain. We are told due to fire-retardant leakage and the top shelf freezes. We called immediately and were told that we needed 3 repairmen to come out before they would give us a replacement. In our despair, we attempted to get the appliance fixed. Four repairmen attempted to fix the refrigerator. We are told that the refrigerator had been dropped and is skewed and unable to be fixed.

The last repairman even attempted to order and put in new doors but that did not fix the problem. Now the doors are even worse aligned and open periodically. A brand new refrigerator should not need new doors and four repairmen to attempt to fix it. Frigidaire wants us to pay an additional 30% for a replacement. This company does not stand by their product.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I bought a brand new Stainless steel refrigerator (Model # FFSS2615TS) about 5 months ago and noticed that the rust/corrosion has started on the door panels and handle. I called the customer service and was told that the rust is NOT covered under warranty. First of all, how could a stainless steel appliance gets rusty? Also, how bad their engineering that rust has started within 6 months? I shall NOT buy anymore Frigidaire products; stay away because their product and warranty sucks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Purchased our Frigidaire refrigerator 8 months ago. The compressor went out last Tuesday and we still have not had anyone here to fix it. The first time we called, we were told it would be 3 business days before someone would contact us. Two days later, we were notified to contact them to reschedule. When we called to find out what that meant we were told WE canceled the appointment! How could we cancel an appointment that was never made?! We were told it would be DECEMBER before someone could come out. We told them that was unacceptable and the best they could do at that point was today (1 week later).

Today, nobody showed up. When we called, we were told the service company canceled our appointment. We received no communication whatsoever. Now we have to wait another week until November 24th!!!! Twice we have asked to speak to a Supervisor during this whole experience and nobody has called us back! Poorest customer service experience I've ever had. Not to mention the over $100 worth of groceries were lost that could only be kept in a cooler for a couple days. Buyers beware- Frigidaire does not care about the consumer at all!!!! Purchase your appliances elsewhere! I would like to give zero stars but have to click on one to do the review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Do not buy their products! I purchased a refrigerator in March, it comes with a year warranty. It stopped working the 2nd week of October. It is now the end of November. It is not fixed and they will not replace it until they can say it can't be fixed. I have kids and elders to feed. We are spending way too much money on food from eating out. We are seeking a lawyer. This is unacceptable. They keep sending people out that don't know how to fix it, don't have parts, get parts but doesn't work, have people come and say they can't find parking and leave instead of call and ask if they can come in the gate. It has been a horrible experience. Bad customer service, no managers to talk to, supposedly nobody knows numbers to corporate etc. It's ridiculous! I will never buy products from them again and I will make it know to everyone else all over all the social platforms.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought fridge October 6. Nov 9, it sounds like gears grinding, whirring and very noisy. Called Frigidaire. Played clip. She said it was loud but cosmetic according to her guidelines. Suggested calling appliance repair company!! 0 help offered.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This is a great product, but the noise is horrible. Within minutes of the refrigerator being delivered and installed, I began to hear noises that I at first thought was a neighbor using an electric drill. I called the warranty department and a representative came out and said it was the refrigerant, but said the noise was so bad that I should call Frigidaire directly. He put a sound dampener on it, which did quiet the noise so that it no longer woke me from a dead sleep.

I phone Frigidaire and spoke to a very kind customer service representative who sent out another warranty representative. This second rep stated that it was, in fact, the refrigerant, and yes, "it was annoying" and he asked me a few times if it sounded like that whenever the fridge was running, to which I responded "yes." He then said there was nothing he could do about it because it was in the owner's manual as stating: "Buzz: The compressor may produce buzzes during operation, and the buzzes are loud particularly upon start or stop. This is normal. Creak: Refrigerant owing inside of the appliance may produce creak, which is normal." The sound is constant when the refrigerator is running and it's a cross between a dentist's drill and the lost souls of Purgatory crying out. I recommend anyone who purchases this product to ask for it to be plugged in before installation to prevent horrible sound pollution coming into your home. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

In November 2019, we bought the Gallery series, oven, microwave and refrigerator, paid cash at Warners' Stellian in Des Moines Iowa. It is now October 2020 and we’ve had problems with the ice maker for months. First we replaced water filter, then a serviceman came out, ordered a part, but told us we needed to replace filter yet again. Serviceman back out to put in new parts, hoping it would work, and we recently replaced water AND air filter, but we barely get enough ice to last the day. Very very disappointed because to us this refrigerator was not cheap. I’m hoping the next step will be to replace the refrigerator!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I bought Microwave hoodie for my new built house, after 10 months now it's down and for fixing the problem, I have to wait for one month, they Winnipeg are there is less service and all the appliance also the service is very bad and no response.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I bought this refrigerator in 2013 and have had numerous issues with the icemaker, and now the back of the refrigerator has started to rust and ice up. This has caused the water line on the back of the refrigerator to freeze. I contacted Frigidaire customer service and explained in detail what I was experiencing and that I had pictures that I would be happy to upload for them. They sent a service technician out and he explained that the insulation in the refrigerator had broken down, and that this was a known issue caused by a manufacturing defect. So, even though they knew based upon the information I provided them, that the refrigerator was unrepairable they charged me for a service call. Bottom line, after 7 years of service my $2000 plus refrigerator now needs to be tossed. With the average life of a refrigerator being between 14 and 17 years I find this unacceptable.

Frigidaire has offered to give me a rebate of 10% towards the purchase of a new Frigidaire refrigerator. I find the 10% to be inadequate and laughable as it cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts. The big box retailers typically offer discounts that are higher than 10%. Needless to say, I will never buy another Frigidaire product and I can only hope that someone initiates a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Customer Service for Frigidaire and Electrolux (parent company) is very poor. They do not return telephone calls, as they assured me they would. Since we had this delivered on July 3, 2020, we have had 5 different technicians come out for the same problem which is ICE BUILD UP in FREEZER, LOUD CLACKING NOISE, and JUST LOUD ALL THE TIME that you can hear anywhere in our house. After the 4th visit and it still was the same, I was told that they were going to review it to see whether it could be replaced or repaired and that someone would call me in 7 to 10 business days. Never rec'd a call, so called them on 11th business day and found out that they had decided that it was repairable on the 3rd business day. Asked why then wasn't a service call initiated then, no response.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

The upper and lower doors clash into each, The compressor knocks and rattles. The trims are falling off. Their mechanic claims these are cosmetic and not excluded in the warranty. The temperature control is unstable and requires frequent adjustment. It's difficult/impossible to change height of shelves without excessive force.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We bought top of the line Frigidaire gallery refrigerator counter depth. The warranty is only for one year and a little bit after that the ice maker stopped working. I spent 26 minutes on the phone trying to get some satisfaction from Frigidaire for this defective part but since I didn't buy a warranty they said I was out of luck. This refrigerator is very very loud with all kinds of weird noises. Also when you get ice from the ice maker it makes it makes a large clunk sound when you finish with the ice. Don't use the cube setting -they come out so fast that you can't possibly put a cup under it without spilling the ice cubes all over the floor. The worst part is that now we have 4 large cracks in the plastic refrigerator lining. 36 minutes on the on the phone with Frigidaire and customer service tells me to hire a appliance repair person that the cracks all over the refrigerator are not a defect. I hate this refrigerator - don't buy Frigidaire!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I received this beautiful, stainless steel, fridge as a gift from my then boyfriend for Mother’s Day. Three years later it quit. $567 for parts alone! I am so disgusted with this company! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This is big Frigidaire and it works well. It came with the apartment. Had no problems with it so far. Wish it had a icemaker. It keeps food and drinks fresh. Easy to clean and is dependable. Pretty good brand. And it's stainless steel.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

2019 Nov. Frigidaire Gallery FGSC2335TFA Side by Side refrigerator Freezes everything in my fridge - Lettuce, cucumbers, milk exploding, Repairman said - Nothing they can do about this - Common Complaint - Frigidaire Did not properly insulate the wall between the fridge and the freezer - Told me to put items I did not want to freeze on the opposite side of the fridge... "its a side by side" lol -- nowhere to go -- I worked (4) jobs to save for this Gallery of items - and I’m very disappointed in this product -- DO NOT PURCHASE a side by side!!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator in May and the delivery people did not have tools to make it a left handed door and ended up scratching it in the process. Waited another month for a replacement and the delivery guys said they were not allowed to convert it to a left handed one even though it was able to be converted, they said that the manufacturer would not allow them to do it. I refused it and Home Depot had another one sent. This was again scratched but the company would not resend another one since they already tried 3 times, even though all 3 times is was the delivery people that messed it up each time. WARNING Do not buy their appliances! This goes beyond SUCKING! Very poor service.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I’ve purchased a beautiful refrigerator from Lowe’s in February 2020 made by Frigidaire. Warranty was not through Lowe’s. It was straight through Frigidaire. In June 2020 I’ve noticed my refrigerator was not getting cold. Due to the warranty loss told me I had to contact Frigidaire. After contacting Frigidaire I was told that they do repairs first instead of swapping out anything. After two weeks of waiting on the repair guy to come and tell us that he has to drill a hole here in there for it to actually stay cool. He was very helpful and was telling us we needed a new refrigerator. Because it’s brand new it was nonsense to have a broken down new refrigerator five months into purchasing.

I have been calling and calling Frigidaire customer service For four weeks now, four weeks no refrigerator replace. They actually want me to go through another person to repair my refrigerator after sending the first repairman. It’s not like I want my money back or something. That was not possible. The only thing I ask for instead of going through repairman at the repairman why can’t I just get a credit sent over to Lowe’s store just to swap out refrigerators. A paying customer purchased a brand new refrigerator just wanting to swap Out refrigerators and not go through repairs. Remind you it’s almost a month without a refrigerator just because refrigerator wants me to go through repairs before anything else. Disappointed and sad. I just need a refrigerator.

Original review: July 21, 2020

My experience is I will never buy another Frigidaire product. I have had the refrigerator less than two years and the compressor stop working. And a according to the company that I purchase the extended warranty though can’t find a repair company in my area that can come and fix it. Still paying on a refrigerator that don’t work. Going on three weeks with no refrigerator. Very frustrating!

Original review: July 15, 2020

Unit failed less than 10 days after purchase. Frigidaire sent out a repairman who immediately knew the problem. He stated they change these all the time. Part was back ordered and it will not be to Frigidaire for another month, then will be shipped to repair shop. This will be over two months without the refrigerator. Frigidaire says that is all they can do for me. Do not recommend any Frigidaire products or service. Will never buy another.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Purchased a new refrigerator from Home Depot early May 2020. Item was delivered and installed a week after delivery. Fridge did not cool at all. Called HD and they stated that they have a 48hour return window for a defective appliance - BUYER BEWARE. So I called Frigidaire to see if they can fix this fridge. They eventually sent 2 technicians both of which do not work on this type of fridge (new coolant system). Eventually they sent a 3rd technician who does work on this system and were provided the same diagnosis of a burnt out relay switch....which is on back order.

Needless to say, I could not be 2.5 months without a working refrigerator so I had to buy another new, non-Frigidaire refrigerator.... I am still waiting for the back ordered part and am out the cost of another refrigerator. In order to get through to Customer Service I wait approximately 22 to 32 minutes each time. I have called them over 20 times. They have wasted my time and taken my money. I am thoroughly disgusted with their services.

Original review: July 9, 2020

A leak from behind the rubber gasket for water release caused rust down front door. Now a year later I have more rust where I had a magnet photo. Only on the freezer side. Warranty would not cover. 2 yrs old.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I purchased this appliance at a large home store; it arrived and was installed with no issues. However, as I began to use it, it would get very cold (less than 32 degrees F) so I could turn it up/warmer, then it would get too warm (over 45 degrees F.) and it wouldn't stay adjusted well, plus the door gasket was a little wonky. So I contacted the company. They sent out a rep who did some work. Then it kept doing the same thing again. Again I contacted the company. They sent out someone. He did another repair. Again, it did the same thing; again I contacted the company, but this time I told them I had a lemon and that they needed to replace it. They said they did not do that and that they'd send out a person to repair. Again, their repair person came. Again, the repair did not work. So I had to contact our state attorney general and file a complaint.

Once the AG contacted Frigidaire, they agreed to give me a new refrigerator (you're the one who contacted a lawyer they said when I called them to set up delivery.) It was obvious, though, when I had called their corporate folks they weren't about to help me. I was 'stuck' with their appliance even if it was defective. But, after I had the AG contact them, they did replace it. However, the same issues has occurred. It is quite sad to spend $800 on something and it not work. And now i'm just having to watch the thermometer I have in it every day and adjust to avoid things over cold holding temps or freezing my food. The unit is a stainless steel smudge proof top freezer. I had so hoped it would work well but now...well i'm just stuck.

Original review: June 29, 2020

My 6-year old Frigidaire refrigerator started leaking under the freezer part. We pulled it out and it was so rusted out the back that the insulation was exposed. They agreed to give us 10% off a new one so we bought a new one. It arrived and the drawers were broken. They told us we had to order another new one. When the third one arrived, the refrigerator was not cooling properly. We have not eaten out so when we all became violently ill with food poisoning I went and bought a thermometer. It was 60 degrees and would get no colder. We lost everything. The tech came and was incredulous that the entire air flow hole from the freezer to the frig was plugged with insulation. We contacted customer service and explained everything. They dismissed us. The representative even said she did not have a supervisor we could speak to about it. It was unbelievable! Food poisoning and $200 in lost groceries and there was nothing they would do. Really??

Original review: June 25, 2020

I spent over $600 for a NEW Frigidaire Refrigerator. While it is one of the less expensive models, the name Frigidaire has always been a selling point for making quality products. This is no longer the case! The retailer sent a serviceman to check the machine. I was told that the compressor was bad and he left it disconnected and told me to not plug it in again. Upon reflection, I am suspicious that there were other issues that made the unit UNSAFE to operate. I asked the retailer about replacing the refrigerator with a "like or better" refrigerator. One of the "head" guys said he would ask the manufacturer to start a return ticket, but that they "would take care of it". The repairman then said it could be "fixed" but the part would need to be ordered and that would take 24-to-48 hours.

I asked the head of the service department (another person) to email me with the status (did not happen). I purchased ice chests thinking that my food would be safe to store for a couple of days. NOT. Apparently, it will take WEEKS to repair the unit. In the mean time, ALL OF MY FOOD just purchased will spoil and rot. According to the WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, a product MUST DO what it is intended to do. In this case, keep frozen food frozen and refrigerate foods needing cold food storage. This is a defective product and the stated limits of warranty, i.e., not being responsible for food loss due to the product's failure, CANNOT STAND.

The manufacturer is RESPONSIBLE for food loss. PERIOD. Take them to small claims court. It is easy. If you do not have the money for a lawyer, you can file "in pauperis" and get advice from a legal aid service in your community. Most consumers are reluctant to pursue compensation justice. We must stand up for our rights and hold manufacturers accountable.

Original review: June 25, 2020

In the last year We purchased two appliance suites one when we sold our home and the second when we remodeled our second home. With the first we had a electric range with a bent frame, after weeks they finally replaced it. A dishwasher that had to have a new wiring harness installed to a brand new dishwasher, the manufacturer would not replace but insisted on rewire. Now, in our second home we have a Frigidaire Professional refrigerator that has a freezer that the temp won't go below 41 degrees, a water/ice dispenser that is leaking and a freezer drawer that doesn't close properly and won't seal shut. Spoke to Frigidaire and they are insisting on repairing it and I am requesting replacement. HELP!!!

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information