Frigidaire Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This is a great product, but the noise is horrible. Within minutes of the refrigerator being delivered and installed, I began to hear noises that I at first thought was a neighbor using an electric drill. I called the warranty department and a representative came out and said it was the refrigerant, but said the noise was so bad that I should call Frigidaire directly. He put a sound dampener on it, which did quiet the noise so that it no longer woke me from a dead sleep.

I phone Frigidaire and spoke to a very kind customer service representative who sent out another warranty representative. This second rep stated that it was, in fact, the refrigerant, and yes, "it was annoying" and he asked me a few times if it sounded like that whenever the fridge was running, to which I responded "yes." He then said there was nothing he could do about it because it was in the owner's manual as stating: "Buzz: The compressor may produce buzzes during operation, and the buzzes are loud particularly upon start or stop. This is normal. Creak: Refrigerant owing inside of the appliance may produce creak, which is normal." The sound is constant when the refrigerator is running and it's a cross between a dentist's drill and the lost souls of Purgatory crying out. I recommend anyone who purchases this product to ask for it to be plugged in before installation to prevent horrible sound pollution coming into your home. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

In November 2019, we bought the Gallery series, oven, microwave and refrigerator, paid cash at Warners' Stellian in Des Moines Iowa. It is now October 2020 and we’ve had problems with the ice maker for months. First we replaced water filter, then a serviceman came out, ordered a part, but told us we needed to replace filter yet again. Serviceman back out to put in new parts, hoping it would work, and we recently replaced water AND air filter, but we barely get enough ice to last the day. Very very disappointed because to us this refrigerator was not cheap. I’m hoping the next step will be to replace the refrigerator!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I bought Microwave hoodie for my new built house, after 10 months now it's down and for fixing the problem, I have to wait for one month, they Winnipeg are there is less service and all the appliance also the service is very bad and no response.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I bought this refrigerator in 2013 and have had numerous issues with the icemaker, and now the back of the refrigerator has started to rust and ice up. This has caused the water line on the back of the refrigerator to freeze. I contacted Frigidaire customer service and explained in detail what I was experiencing and that I had pictures that I would be happy to upload for them. They sent a service technician out and he explained that the insulation in the refrigerator had broken down, and that this was a known issue caused by a manufacturing defect. So, even though they knew based upon the information I provided them, that the refrigerator was unrepairable they charged me for a service call. Bottom line, after 7 years of service my $2000 plus refrigerator now needs to be tossed. With the average life of a refrigerator being between 14 and 17 years I find this unacceptable.

Frigidaire has offered to give me a rebate of 10% towards the purchase of a new Frigidaire refrigerator. I find the 10% to be inadequate and laughable as it cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts. The big box retailers typically offer discounts that are higher than 10%. Needless to say, I will never buy another Frigidaire product and I can only hope that someone initiates a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Customer Service for Frigidaire and Electrolux (parent company) is very poor. They do not return telephone calls, as they assured me they would. Since we had this delivered on July 3, 2020, we have had 5 different technicians come out for the same problem which is ICE BUILD UP in FREEZER, LOUD CLACKING NOISE, and JUST LOUD ALL THE TIME that you can hear anywhere in our house. After the 4th visit and it still was the same, I was told that they were going to review it to see whether it could be replaced or repaired and that someone would call me in 7 to 10 business days. Never rec'd a call, so called them on 11th business day and found out that they had decided that it was repairable on the 3rd business day. Asked why then wasn't a service call initiated then, no response.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

The upper and lower doors clash into each, The compressor knocks and rattles. The trims are falling off. Their mechanic claims these are cosmetic and not excluded in the warranty. The temperature control is unstable and requires frequent adjustment. It's difficult/impossible to change height of shelves without excessive force.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We bought top of the line Frigidaire gallery refrigerator counter depth. The warranty is only for one year and a little bit after that the ice maker stopped working. I spent 26 minutes on the phone trying to get some satisfaction from Frigidaire for this defective part but since I didn't buy a warranty they said I was out of luck. This refrigerator is very very loud with all kinds of weird noises. Also when you get ice from the ice maker it makes it makes a large clunk sound when you finish with the ice. Don't use the cube setting -they come out so fast that you can't possibly put a cup under it without spilling the ice cubes all over the floor. The worst part is that now we have 4 large cracks in the plastic refrigerator lining. 36 minutes on the on the phone with Frigidaire and customer service tells me to hire a appliance repair person that the cracks all over the refrigerator are not a defect. I hate this refrigerator - don't buy Frigidaire!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I received this beautiful, stainless steel, fridge as a gift from my then boyfriend for Mother’s Day. Three years later it quit. $567 for parts alone! I am so disgusted with this company! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

This is big Frigidaire and it works well. It came with the apartment. Had no problems with it so far. Wish it had a icemaker. It keeps food and drinks fresh. Easy to clean and is dependable. Pretty good brand. And it's stainless steel.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

2019 Nov. Frigidaire Gallery FGSC2335TFA Side by Side refrigerator Freezes everything in my fridge - Lettuce, cucumbers, milk exploding, Repairman said - Nothing they can do about this - Common Complaint - Frigidaire Did not properly insulate the wall between the fridge and the freezer - Told me to put items I did not want to freeze on the opposite side of the fridge... "its a side by side" lol -- nowhere to go -- I worked (4) jobs to save for this Gallery of items - and I’m very disappointed in this product -- DO NOT PURCHASE a side by side!!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator in May and the delivery people did not have tools to make it a left handed door and ended up scratching it in the process. Waited another month for a replacement and the delivery guys said they were not allowed to convert it to a left handed one even though it was able to be converted, they said that the manufacturer would not allow them to do it. I refused it and Home Depot had another one sent. This was again scratched but the company would not resend another one since they already tried 3 times, even though all 3 times is was the delivery people that messed it up each time. WARNING Do not buy their appliances! This goes beyond SUCKING! Very poor service.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I’ve purchased a beautiful refrigerator from Lowe’s in February 2020 made by Frigidaire. Warranty was not through Lowe’s. It was straight through Frigidaire. In June 2020 I’ve noticed my refrigerator was not getting cold. Due to the warranty loss told me I had to contact Frigidaire. After contacting Frigidaire I was told that they do repairs first instead of swapping out anything. After two weeks of waiting on the repair guy to come and tell us that he has to drill a hole here in there for it to actually stay cool. He was very helpful and was telling us we needed a new refrigerator. Because it’s brand new it was nonsense to have a broken down new refrigerator five months into purchasing.

I have been calling and calling Frigidaire customer service For four weeks now, four weeks no refrigerator replace. They actually want me to go through another person to repair my refrigerator after sending the first repairman. It’s not like I want my money back or something. That was not possible. The only thing I ask for instead of going through repairman at the repairman why can’t I just get a credit sent over to Lowe’s store just to swap out refrigerators. A paying customer purchased a brand new refrigerator just wanting to swap Out refrigerators and not go through repairs. Remind you it’s almost a month without a refrigerator just because refrigerator wants me to go through repairs before anything else. Disappointed and sad. I just need a refrigerator.

Original review: July 21, 2020

My experience is I will never buy another Frigidaire product. I have had the refrigerator less than two years and the compressor stop working. And a according to the company that I purchase the extended warranty though can’t find a repair company in my area that can come and fix it. Still paying on a refrigerator that don’t work. Going on three weeks with no refrigerator. Very frustrating!

Original review: July 15, 2020

Unit failed less than 10 days after purchase. Frigidaire sent out a repairman who immediately knew the problem. He stated they change these all the time. Part was back ordered and it will not be to Frigidaire for another month, then will be shipped to repair shop. This will be over two months without the refrigerator. Frigidaire says that is all they can do for me. Do not recommend any Frigidaire products or service. Will never buy another.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Purchased a new refrigerator from Home Depot early May 2020. Item was delivered and installed a week after delivery. Fridge did not cool at all. Called HD and they stated that they have a 48hour return window for a defective appliance - BUYER BEWARE. So I called Frigidaire to see if they can fix this fridge. They eventually sent 2 technicians both of which do not work on this type of fridge (new coolant system). Eventually they sent a 3rd technician who does work on this system and were provided the same diagnosis of a burnt out relay switch....which is on back order.

Needless to say, I could not be 2.5 months without a working refrigerator so I had to buy another new, non-Frigidaire refrigerator.... I am still waiting for the back ordered part and am out the cost of another refrigerator. In order to get through to Customer Service I wait approximately 22 to 32 minutes each time. I have called them over 20 times. They have wasted my time and taken my money. I am thoroughly disgusted with their services.

Original review: July 9, 2020

A leak from behind the rubber gasket for water release caused rust down front door. Now a year later I have more rust where I had a magnet photo. Only on the freezer side. Warranty would not cover. 2 yrs old.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I purchased this appliance at a large home store; it arrived and was installed with no issues. However, as I began to use it, it would get very cold (less than 32 degrees F) so I could turn it up/warmer, then it would get too warm (over 45 degrees F.) and it wouldn't stay adjusted well, plus the door gasket was a little wonky. So I contacted the company. They sent out a rep who did some work. Then it kept doing the same thing again. Again I contacted the company. They sent out someone. He did another repair. Again, it did the same thing; again I contacted the company, but this time I told them I had a lemon and that they needed to replace it. They said they did not do that and that they'd send out a person to repair. Again, their repair person came. Again, the repair did not work. So I had to contact our state attorney general and file a complaint.

Once the AG contacted Frigidaire, they agreed to give me a new refrigerator (you're the one who contacted a lawyer they said when I called them to set up delivery.) It was obvious, though, when I had called their corporate folks they weren't about to help me. I was 'stuck' with their appliance even if it was defective. But, after I had the AG contact them, they did replace it. However, the same issues has occurred. It is quite sad to spend $800 on something and it not work. And now i'm just having to watch the thermometer I have in it every day and adjust to avoid things over cold holding temps or freezing my food. The unit is a stainless steel smudge proof top freezer. I had so hoped it would work well but now...well i'm just stuck.

Original review: June 29, 2020

My 6-year old Frigidaire refrigerator started leaking under the freezer part. We pulled it out and it was so rusted out the back that the insulation was exposed. They agreed to give us 10% off a new one so we bought a new one. It arrived and the drawers were broken. They told us we had to order another new one. When the third one arrived, the refrigerator was not cooling properly. We have not eaten out so when we all became violently ill with food poisoning I went and bought a thermometer. It was 60 degrees and would get no colder. We lost everything. The tech came and was incredulous that the entire air flow hole from the freezer to the frig was plugged with insulation. We contacted customer service and explained everything. They dismissed us. The representative even said she did not have a supervisor we could speak to about it. It was unbelievable! Food poisoning and $200 in lost groceries and there was nothing they would do. Really??

Original review: June 25, 2020

I spent over $600 for a NEW Frigidaire Refrigerator. While it is one of the less expensive models, the name Frigidaire has always been a selling point for making quality products. This is no longer the case! The retailer sent a serviceman to check the machine. I was told that the compressor was bad and he left it disconnected and told me to not plug it in again. Upon reflection, I am suspicious that there were other issues that made the unit UNSAFE to operate. I asked the retailer about replacing the refrigerator with a "like or better" refrigerator. One of the "head" guys said he would ask the manufacturer to start a return ticket, but that they "would take care of it". The repairman then said it could be "fixed" but the part would need to be ordered and that would take 24-to-48 hours.

I asked the head of the service department (another person) to email me with the status (did not happen). I purchased ice chests thinking that my food would be safe to store for a couple of days. NOT. Apparently, it will take WEEKS to repair the unit. In the mean time, ALL OF MY FOOD just purchased will spoil and rot. According to the WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, a product MUST DO what it is intended to do. In this case, keep frozen food frozen and refrigerate foods needing cold food storage. This is a defective product and the stated limits of warranty, i.e., not being responsible for food loss due to the product's failure, CANNOT STAND.

The manufacturer is RESPONSIBLE for food loss. PERIOD. Take them to small claims court. It is easy. If you do not have the money for a lawyer, you can file "in pauperis" and get advice from a legal aid service in your community. Most consumers are reluctant to pursue compensation justice. We must stand up for our rights and hold manufacturers accountable.

Original review: June 25, 2020

In the last year We purchased two appliance suites one when we sold our home and the second when we remodeled our second home. With the first we had a electric range with a bent frame, after weeks they finally replaced it. A dishwasher that had to have a new wiring harness installed to a brand new dishwasher, the manufacturer would not replace but insisted on rewire. Now, in our second home we have a Frigidaire Professional refrigerator that has a freezer that the temp won't go below 41 degrees, a water/ice dispenser that is leaking and a freezer drawer that doesn't close properly and won't seal shut. Spoke to Frigidaire and they are insisting on repairing it and I am requesting replacement. HELP!!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

Frigidaire Extended Service Agreement is a scam. I have a 5 year old Frigidaire 26 cu ft refrigerator which needs a new ice maker and control panel. I have been without this appliance for 7 weeks because they can't provide the control panel until Dec. 30. At the six week mark they said they were searching nationwide and still no part. They're incapable of making a decision to declare it unrepairable and move forward with replacing it with comparable features. My advice is to save yourself a lot of grief dealing with this company, save the $100 or so a year and just go and buy another refrigerator and not an Electrolux/Frigidaire.

Original review: June 4, 2020

In the past Frigidaire had quality products. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. Frigidaire now produces cheaply made, low quality refrigerators in Mexico. My 4 year old Frigidaire that cost almost $1,200 is failing. Parts and service are expensive. Do yourself a favor and avoid this brand. You will save a lot of money and aggravation.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Shame of Frigidaire, a well respected name in appliances for decades. What the heck happened? We bought a Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator 2 years ago and it is ready for the garbage already. The freezer is stuck in defrost mode and the refrigerator is freezing everything. Every single shelf and draw - made of the cheapest plastic - is broken. We are two senior citizens lightly using this machine and it has fallen apart. I could only imagine what it be like for a young family of four. We called the company to complain and they could care less. No quality. No service. Soon...no company! I hope they recognize this. Sad state of affairs that in a country like the United States, we can no longer get it right building a simple machine we have been building for close to 100 years. Companies like Frigidaire should not be allowed to live off their - In their heyday - past reputation and rip off the public by promising quality and taking their money in return for pure crap.

Original review: June 2, 2020

We experienced problems with this fridge within a few weeks of taking delivery. We modified the space for the fridge so delivery was delayed until the end of June. It froze/continues to freeze any item at the back of the fridge, even in the crisper drawers. I had 4 technicians take a look at it between August and January. In January, the top ice maker stopped working. The line in the fridge was freezing the water supply and prevented ice from being made. The second technician who came regarding the ice maker brought a new one. He indicated that he’d spoken with Frigidaire and they instructed him to replace the ice maker.

The ice maker began making ice about 4-5 days after being installed. Suddenly, it stopped working, after making ice for only 5-6 days. I contacted Frigidaire, again! Due to the coronavirus issue, an appointment was cancelled. I’m not sure if someone came before the technicians came on May 12th. I explained all the issues we’d experienced with this fridge. They ordered 2 parts they believe will fix something.

As much as all these service calls must have cost Frigidaire, they could have replaced the refrigerator!!! I did request a replacement, but was denied. No telling how much these 2 parts cost, in addition to yet another service call. I’ll likely have to start from the beginning on this process with the extended warranty! Unfortunately, I don’t have any idea how long that will take! Don’t even consider buying a Frigidaire Gallery French door refrigerator! Ours was definitely a lemon!!!

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a Frigidaire side-by-side Model: FFHS2311LWPA in July of 2016. In April it stopped working properly due to manufacturer defect. I contacted Frigidaire to let them know what happened. They said I would need to have a service tech come out to diagnose the problem & resolution needed. I contacted one of the companies they suggested, who confirmed that the fridge failed due to manufacturer defect and was irreparable. The service tech sent a report to Frigidaire stating this, but instead of replacing my fridge or refunding the purchase price, they said that all they could do was offer a 40% discount if I would purchase another Frigidaire fridge of equal or lesser value.

After speaking to numerous people they eventually offered a 60% discount, but remained firm that I would have to purchase another Frigidaire out of my own pocket, then after a few weeks they would rebate the percentage. I explained to everyone that I spoke with that I am a single mother of a small child. I am the sole breadwinner for my family & have been out of a job for months and do not have the financial means to come out of pocket to replace their defective product. COVID-19 has further complicated my situation.

During a time when many large companies are stepping up to show humanity and compassion during this nationwide crisis, Frigidaire is choosing to do the exact opposite. The very least they should do is stand behind their product & take responsibility when it fails. Instead, they are leaving me and my child to suffer for their mistake. I purchased the Frigidaire brand because my home had existing appliances by them, but I will never again waste my money on Frigidaire & I will spend the rest of my life discouraging others from doing so as well due to the extreme negativity of this experience. I've always had Whirlpool appliances in the past & will be replacing my other appliances with them as well as soon as I am financially stable again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I bought a whole set of Frigidaire gallery appliance back in 2011. The issues I’m having is with the refrigerator mostly on this unit. The ice maker went on me so I replaced that. After that the motherboard went on it. Replaced that. Another issue was a water line froze up inside the refrigerator which I had to thaw out not just recently. I had ice building up in the freezer floor. Found out I had a clogged drain line by the technician that came over. We pulled the fridge out. He noticed rust on the back panel rotting through. He also noticed inside Of the fridge the ceiling also was cracking now. I just said, "Enough is enough." I called up Frigidaire that gave me such a runaround about they didn’t care about my situation. I’m getting a new fridge.

I bought a Whirlpool to replace this POS. Eventually I’m going to replace the rest of the appliances. Frigidaire sucks. I had problems with the dishwasher leaking and not cleaning dishes. I had problems with the stove. I had a burner just come on by itself. The whole Frigidaire product stay away. Don’t buy Frigidaire at all. I learned my lesson and customer service will just brush you off. Won’t help you.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have to say, I am very biased. I prefer Frigidaire. We have 2 side by side units, one from 2006, and the other one is from 2017. Both have worked very well, and, yes we have had some minor repairs that I always could fix, but, overall, they just do what we expect. I think the key is to not buy all of the fancy electronics. Both of our units just have water / ice in the door, and that is all. On the 2006, other than filters, I just replaced the water control assy in the back of the unit. Part was less than 40.00. So, I guess I have had good ones. I still would buy them again.

Original review: May 10, 2020

We recently purchased a brand new Frigidaire Fridge which we thought was top of the line. Very nice looking and very spacious. It appears to be working okay but, the noise it makes is unbelievable. It sounds like someone with a very bad upset stomach and it is continuous!! One would never imagine how a fridge could make so much noise. And I am not kidding you, it sounds God awful.

Original review: April 29, 2020

We purchased a refrigerator freezer, and this so called company which is run by a bunch of crooks will not even stand by their warranty and the product is not even a year old yet. So beware what you buy. Never again will I buy this product brand.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information