Dyson Vacuums

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

814 Dyson Vacuums Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I love my Dyson! I have vacation rentals and 2 homes I can’t say enough about. The first Dyson I bought I went thru all the other name brands on the market. I’d use them a couple of months and give them away. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson. Been in love ever since. Won’t buy anything else... Now that I’ve said that I was in a condo the other day and it had a Dyson with a ball.... I HATED IT! If Dyson quits making the Dc33 and goes to that I’ll have to find another vacuum. It was awful to maneuver. I was wore out by the time I was thru. I’ll NEVER own one of those! Since I used that one I’ve found out all the people I know that don’t like their Dyson owns the one with the ball, I know why now!

Original review: July 18, 2019

Stain vacuums are ahead of their time. A bit on the pricey side. But you do get what to pay for. I have a V8 cordless now. This is my second Dyson. I have a V6 and had no problems selling it second hand. Dyson has a no-hassle warranty. I have had to contact them twice now. They resolved the issue and sent out the replacement part at no cost to me. The second call, the vacuum was just past its two-year warranty and Dyson still looked after me and sent a replacement part at no cost. So if you purchase a Dyson, you have no worries as they stand behind their name. The Vacuums work amazing! So much we have purchased other Dyson products!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We currently own a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum that we bought in 2016 for over 500 dollars. It was really pricey. But also in terms of performance, it does better than the other makers. It picks up fine hair most of the time. My only concern is that for very very fine fine or sand, the bin cannot seem to hold it. I noticed than those very fine dirt or sand drops from the bottom of the bin. We used to own a Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum which lasted for almost 3 years only. They said it has 5 year warranty but as always, there is a loophole because of the term LIMITED. So, after sending to them, we got a response saying that it cannot be fixed anymore and the repair cost would mean as much as buying a new one. Although they offered a 10 discount but that did not sound much for a high priced Dyson. But we still chose Dyson and wished that it could have been a bit affordable for most consumers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had purchased a DC77 a few years back and it was an exceptional vacuum up to about a month ago. I called Dyson and they advised where to take for repair as I still had approx 6 months left in my warranty. Dyson advised it would be approx a week before I would have my unit back. With 3 animals and kids I could not really bear for the timeline to be much longer than that. The repair shop advised me the unit needed a new motor and that they were on back order. I patiently waited for approx 2 weeks on top of the original week and contacted the repair shop again only to be told the motor was still not in with no ETA either. Frustrated I contacted Dyson and asked them to please advise what is being done as I cannot be without my unit for this long. They advised they would get in touch with me in 24 hours to let me know if the unit was still going to be repaired or replaced outright.

I received an email the next day telling me a brand new DC77 was en route to me via Purolator and my only responsibility was to return the older unit back to them (they provided the return Purolator label as well so no cost to me). The cherry on top was the fact they have also extended the warranty until October of 2020 as well even though my original warranty was to run out in Oct of 2019. So not only did they send a brand new unit but I also have another year warranty that I did not have on a brand spanking new model of the DC77. Dyson you have outdone yourself. My experience with you thus far is on par with the quality of your machines. Keep up the excellent work as you have more than earned a Dyson customer for life with me and our household. Thank you once again.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We got a new pet about a year ago and, our Electrolux with beater-bar could not pick up the long, fine hairs from our carpet or floors. Our daughter purchased a Dyson V-10 through the Shopping Channel and paid $599.00 a few weeks before... She also has a dog with long, fine hair and was so pleased with the new vacuum and recommended we place our order, which I did, before the sale was over. It arrived in three days by UPS as promised and I spent about half an hour assembling the unit.

What a surprise! What used to take me at least an hour to vacuum all the carpets and still had lots of hairs that could not be picked up so... I had to get on my knees and pick up the rest plus, our old vacuum was corded so, the furniture took a beating over time... NOT THE DYSON... Wow, finished the whole job in just over 15 minutes and, NO HAIR left to deal with. Plus, the see-through, clear dust catcher contained a lot of "fuzzy" stuff from the carpet as well. Easy to empty the chamber when done... A great buy plus, the time savings and NO CORD to deal with. One of the best buys in our 59 years of marriage. Wonderful product... Highly recommended to anyone tired of dealing with vacuuming without satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER BUY A DYSON PRODUCT. I purchased my first and last Dyson V6 Animal 1 1/2 years ago, and the motor blew at no fault of my own. I assumed with how much Dyson products cost that it would be a quality product and would not break after such a short time, but I understand things happen. I was sent a replacement motor under warranty. When I reassembled the vacuum it did not fit together properly nor did it fix the problem. Called customer service. Was told I was sent the wrong part! I would have to return the part to them and they would send me the correct one. Never got confirmation another was coming. Got the runaround every second of the way.

Finally I get the CORRECT motor. Of course when I assemble it, SAME PROBLEM. Red flashing lights and vacuum won’t turn on. Was told I now have to return my whole vacuum and will get sent a new vacuum by 2 day delivery. Well it’s been 4 days now...still haven’t received even a tracking number. Meanwhile I have shipped them back my defective vacuum and guess what. Now I have no leverage because they’re going to receive my vacuum by tomorrow and they still haven’t shipped me my new product.

It’s been a month since I can vacuum my home. I purchased the product because I have asthma and two dogs. Needless to say I’ve had countless asthma attacks and have had to ask friends and family if I can borrow their vacuum to clean my own home so I don’t get sent to the hospital in respiratory distress! How embarrassing!! This company should be ashamed of themselves! Will be filing a complaint with the BBB by the end of the day. DYSON IS A LIAR AND SCAM ARTIST COMPANY! BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK OF LOSING YOUR SANITY!!! I know I sure have!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

$689 dollar vacuum useless after 6 years. Worst purchase ever. Hose broke. Doesn't hold suction. Container broke. Totally pathetic. I am a normal consumer with normal wear and tear on a vacuum for a small home. My original Electrolux lasted 25 years by comparison. Dyson's customer service is a joke, call them and they try to make you feel like an idiot and say you're the problem not their vacuum. For the amount of money I spent on this vacuum I would expect MUCH BETTER quality. Seriously stay away from this company. At this point, I need to use tape and bungee cords to hold the canister to the unit, and to hold the canister to a connection point to try to make this miserable investment actually work. Pathetic quality for a vacuum that cost $689.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This vacuum is great when it is working properly. I have had it for three years and am having the head replaced for the third time right now. The repair guy said it has been months since replacements have been sent out. I don't know how true that is, but they have have several waiting parts in the shop. I really want to give this five stars because it is great suction and deep cleans, but it just breaks too often. Five repairs in three years is a bit much.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Purchased Dyson slim ball origin vacuum - very disappointed. Vacuum seems to have choke points where small ports are continually plugged. Also doesn't seem to want to pick up off of hard surface floors. Contacted Dyson - they said their engineer said vacuum more often. Really? I think once a day is plenty. When it comes to customer service I think this is where Clark Howard might say customer no service. Extremely disappointed in the vacuum - extremely disappointed in customer service. This was a brand new vacuum - money wasted.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought into the marketing not once but twice. These are the worst vacuums! They definitely progressively lose suction. It won’t even pick up thread!!!! I constantly have to take it apart & look for clogs. The replacement parts are ridiculously expensive. Never again. My Mom has a 40-year-old Vacuum from Sears that does a better job. Dyson! - never again.

Dyson Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

• Best for: Dyson's powerful vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs