2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

4.0/5 (714 ratings)

About Dyson Vacuums

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I bought this vacuum when I moved into my new house with all hard surface floors. I got a good deal from a big box store with tons of attachments, still trying to figure out what they all do. I have it stored in a closet with all attachments and an outlet. I had one hiccup when the bottom fell out into the trash can when emptying. I googled how to reinstall and got it reattached. It cleans well and easy cleanup.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Our pet's hair was making our lives difficult between our allergies and messed up clothing but when we got our Dyson all those troubles went away along with the hair! We no longer suffer from allergies in our home. We also look sharp without having to lint roll constantly to remove pet hair! Thanks for a great product Dyson!

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

My Dyson is the cordless model and the battery still gives me enough charge to do the floors and upholstery in my two bedroom condo. They're a bit pricey, but well worth the extra nickel. All of the attachments allow me to do just about all my cleaning chores. Plus, it's small enough to do the car carpets.

Original review: July 31, 2021

The Animal is a dustbuster type battery powered vacuum with a long extension so that it can clean carpets and hard surface floors. In addition it can be used for cleaning furniture fabric with a rotating brush head. Very effective. The device has a housing that charges the battery. Note, the filters need cleaning as needed as they are quite fine and get blocked which causes hunting of the motor. A backup cleanable filter is recommended as well as an occasional wash of the metal screens. The device is easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I’ve owned Kirby vacuums and Hoover vacuums. Without a doubt my Dyson stowaway is the best. I’ve owned for 5 years now, and the suction is as good as the day I bought it. I had my doubts at first, because of the lightweight plastic. This thing is indestructible. Last week it fell down the stairs 10 steps and showed no signs of any damage. It’s easy to service, and no vacuum bags needed. I can’t imagine a better vacuum.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Customer service's ability to actually solve problems is limited. I will never buy from this company again. I own the Animal V11 vacuum with a 2 year warranty. The trigger stopped working. Customer Service (CS) sent me a new housing unit since there was no certified Dyson repair in my state. There was a design change so it did not fit properly. CS informed me that a new battery and charger would solve the problem and sent it. The battery never arrived. I attempted to call CS but the expected wait time was 2 hours. I emailed CS and was told batteries could not be sent to my state. The solution was to provide another US address to send it to, then "they" could forward it to me. This was unacceptable and I went back and forth in over 5 email messages, still with no solution.

Then I spent an hour on the phone trying to get to a resolution. I have been waiting 55 minutes now for an email to arrive with a shipping label so that I can mail back by broken machine. Dyson refused to send me a replacement until they get my broken one. I was told that "the system" wouldn't allow it. This has been going on for 5 weeks and is still an open issue.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I can't tell you how much I regret having tried to purchase a Dyson vacuum! I order a Dyson vacuum a week ago and spent $800 on it. I purchased it over their website on the chat. The and the guy promised to deliver it two days ago. Yesterday I call them and they were like, "Oops! We will process your order!" I waited and today I receive an email from my office saying that the machine arrived broken! I called again and they promise to send a new one "right away".

An hour ago, I receive an email "Congrats! Your technology is on its way!" with a tracking number. When I clicked on it, turned out to be the same tracking number for the broken machine so I called them (again) and waited 45 minutes on hold until I was able to talk to someone. The guy said that I might get it in a week or more! What??? This place is a disaster!!!! They are mocking the naive clients who attempt to purchase from them! And now I just got another email saying that I need to print a label to "return my machine"! What machine???? DON'T BUY DYSON! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Three days ago my 3 year old upright sudden stopped running. It would run when the handle was down. Weird. I thought they would tell me what is and if I can fix it. Nope. Sixth email from them to asking for a photo of the problem? Of a vacuum standing up? No. Makes no sense. I gave the Canada support runaround an angry email back and that's it's the reason why host my websites in the States. Awful, awful, awful. Canada support as usual.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I bought a Dyson and was so happy when I first used it. After a year, it stopped working despite being serviced professionally twice. I’ve had $50 vacuums from Target last longer. What is also disappointing is that I can’t even give it away; therefore will be dumped into a landfill. Not only did I wasted my money, I’m contributing to all the abundance of trash created.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I would not spend a dime on any Dyson vacuum. Our Dyson V6 worked very well for about 9 mos. when we first bought it. Since that time, the battery would not hold a charge. We have purchased about 4 batteries and none last as long (an hour) as the first one for 9 mos. Therefore, it is most ridiculous to pay the exorbitant price for a 9-month vacuum.

Dyson Vacuums author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

Dyson Vacuums Company Information