Dyson Vacuums

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My Dyson Big Ball Cinetic upright vacuum recently broke down. The part which broke was the red colored clip on the Cyclone which attaches the Cyclone to the handle/frame of the vacuum. I looked online and tried to find a replacement part using various sites like Google and Amazon. I could not find an equivalent part. I reached out to Dyson customer service via chat on their website and explained the problem. After spending some time I was told that a replacement part would be shipped.

In a few days I was pleasantly surprised when I received the part. I expected to just receive the red plastic clip, but in actuality they sent me the entire Cyclone unit. This was sent to me at zero dollars expense which costs about 85$ online!!!! The experience was also not grueling like other vendors who make you go through hoops proving out purchase details, warranty terms and the whole nine yards. Never experienced such service in my 22 years in the USA. Outstanding service! Definitely will recommend them and kudos to your team.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I love my Dyson! I have vacation rentals and 2 homes I can’t say enough about. The first Dyson I bought I went thru all the other name brands on the market. I’d use them a couple of months and give them away. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson. Been in love ever since. Won’t buy anything else... Now that I’ve said that I was in a condo the other day and it had a Dyson with a ball.... I HATED IT! If Dyson quits making the Dc33 and goes to that I’ll have to find another vacuum. It was awful to maneuver. I was wore out by the time I was thru. I’ll NEVER own one of those! Since I used that one I’ve found out all the people I know that don’t like their Dyson owns the one with the ball, I know why now!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 6, 2019

We currently own a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum that we bought in 2016 for over 500 dollars. It was really pricey. But also in terms of performance, it does better than the other makers. It picks up fine hair most of the time. My only concern is that for very very fine fine or sand, the bin cannot seem to hold it. I noticed than those very fine dirt or sand drops from the bottom of the bin. We used to own a Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum which lasted for almost 3 years only. They said it has 5 year warranty but as always, there is a loophole because of the term LIMITED. So, after sending to them, we got a response saying that it cannot be fixed anymore and the repair cost would mean as much as buying a new one. Although they offered a 10 discount but that did not sound much for a high priced Dyson. But we still chose Dyson and wished that it could have been a bit affordable for most consumers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had purchased a DC77 a few years back and it was an exceptional vacuum up to about a month ago. I called Dyson and they advised where to take for repair as I still had approx 6 months left in my warranty. Dyson advised it would be approx a week before I would have my unit back. With 3 animals and kids I could not really bear for the timeline to be much longer than that. The repair shop advised me the unit needed a new motor and that they were on back order. I patiently waited for approx 2 weeks on top of the original week and contacted the repair shop again only to be told the motor was still not in with no ETA either. Frustrated I contacted Dyson and asked them to please advise what is being done as I cannot be without my unit for this long. They advised they would get in touch with me in 24 hours to let me know if the unit was still going to be repaired or replaced outright.

I received an email the next day telling me a brand new DC77 was en route to me via Purolator and my only responsibility was to return the older unit back to them (they provided the return Purolator label as well so no cost to me). The cherry on top was the fact they have also extended the warranty until October of 2020 as well even though my original warranty was to run out in Oct of 2019. So not only did they send a brand new unit but I also have another year warranty that I did not have on a brand spanking new model of the DC77. Dyson you have outdone yourself. My experience with you thus far is on par with the quality of your machines. Keep up the excellent work as you have more than earned a Dyson customer for life with me and our household. Thank you once again.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We got a new pet about a year ago and, our Electrolux with beater-bar could not pick up the long, fine hairs from our carpet or floors. Our daughter purchased a Dyson V-10 through the Shopping Channel and paid $599.00 a few weeks before... She also has a dog with long, fine hair and was so pleased with the new vacuum and recommended we place our order, which I did, before the sale was over. It arrived in three days by UPS as promised and I spent about half an hour assembling the unit.

What a surprise! What used to take me at least an hour to vacuum all the carpets and still had lots of hairs that could not be picked up so... I had to get on my knees and pick up the rest plus, our old vacuum was corded so, the furniture took a beating over time... NOT THE DYSON... Wow, finished the whole job in just over 15 minutes and, NO HAIR left to deal with. Plus, the see-through, clear dust catcher contained a lot of "fuzzy" stuff from the carpet as well. Easy to empty the chamber when done... A great buy plus, the time savings and NO CORD to deal with. One of the best buys in our 59 years of marriage. Wonderful product... Highly recommended to anyone tired of dealing with vacuuming without satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Allergy vacuum which came with $100.00 worth of additional attachments. I choose the Home Cleaning Kit. Dyson failed to mention that those particular attachments already came with the vacuum. I contacted Dyson to exchange the set of duplicate tools. This was their response "Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange the free tool kits once the order is placed." I may have to return the whole unit. Terrible customer service. Do not buy direct from Dyson.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Spent almost $300 for a battery powered vacuum that has either no suction or no battery. Literally every time I use it the battery either dies in less than 5 minutes or it doesn't pick anything up. We have cleaned it, charged it, everything it suggests. I paid for the warranty and guess what, when you call the people are rude and hang up on you. Was a waste of money. Super frustrated I spent so much for something that lasted only a few months. Certainly not worth the money or the headache.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have had the Dyson Animal for several years. I noticed it had idiosyncrasies, but not until I started using it as my sole vacuum did I start to really recognize how subpar it is. The main complaint I have is the lack of suction. On the first pass, even simple household dust and particles are left behind. After several more passes, some are picked up, but not larger particles like leaves or dry pet food kernels, which I must pick up in a dust pan!!

The second part of the no-suction complaint comes when I am trying to vacuum up dust bunnies. The machine blows them forward away from the machine!! I have to sweep them together (often having to first haul them out from under the furniture where they were blown) and then, when rounded up, use the hose end of the machine to suck them up. When you put this situation together with the fact that this model is very heavy, all the effort it takes to just vacuum a tile floor is just not acceptable. I am definitely not going to buy another Dyson, but I am on the hunt for a vacuum that actually pulls in instead of pushes away the dirt. Too very bad, as it was an expensive investment.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Dyson used to be great. I raved about my old Dyson Animal cordless which was a V6. After using it daily for years on my hard floors picking up animal hair and using the attachments on my couch and bedding it finally died and I was going to have it repaired, but then I saw the Dyson Animal V8 for a really reasonable price at Costco and thought wow, it's more powerful. I'll just upgrade. The old one had a very good run. I couldn't be more sad at the change in suction (I still don't understand how a V6 picked up better than a V8), louder noise, shorter run time and overall cheaper feel.

After using it a couple times I went online to see what's going on and I saw they changed manufacturing countries and now are a mass produced product made cheaply and my deal at Costco was a result of lower standards and it shows. I ate my mistake and continued using this Dyson and now less than a year later instead of it vacuuming half of my house with a full charge, it only vacuums our office area and kitchen before dying and I have to rush to make it last that long. This vacuum is useless. I'd need to buy 5 in order to vacuum my whole house and I don't have a large house. The Miele is much more expensive but I believe you get what you pay for and having to throw this Dyson out after less than a year is more expensive in the long run so Dyson is out. Miele is next.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I saved my Air Miles for 2 years so I could get a Dyson. Received it and loved it. 4 years later it died. Took it in and discovered that there is a filter that we dont see that cost as much as the vacuum to repair. I now own a Miele.

Dyson Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

• Best for: Dyson's powerful vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs