Dyson Vacuums

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I love my Dyson! I have vacation rentals and 2 homes I can’t say enough about. The first Dyson I bought I went thru all the other name brands on the market. I’d use them a couple of months and give them away. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson. Been in love ever since. Won’t buy anything else... Now that I’ve said that I was in a condo the other day and it had a Dyson with a ball.... I HATED IT! If Dyson quits making the Dc33 and goes to that I’ll have to find another vacuum. It was awful to maneuver. I was wore out by the time I was thru. I’ll NEVER own one of those! Since I used that one I’ve found out all the people I know that don’t like their Dyson owns the one with the ball, I know why now!

Original review: July 18, 2019

Stain vacuums are ahead of their time. A bit on the pricey side. But you do get what to pay for. I have a V8 cordless now. This is my second Dyson. I have a V6 and had no problems selling it second hand. Dyson has a no-hassle warranty. I have had to contact them twice now. They resolved the issue and sent out the replacement part at no cost to me. The second call, the vacuum was just past its two-year warranty and Dyson still looked after me and sent a replacement part at no cost. So if you purchase a Dyson, you have no worries as they stand behind their name. The Vacuums work amazing! So much we have purchased other Dyson products!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We currently own a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum that we bought in 2016 for over 500 dollars. It was really pricey. But also in terms of performance, it does better than the other makers. It picks up fine hair most of the time. My only concern is that for very very fine fine or sand, the bin cannot seem to hold it. I noticed than those very fine dirt or sand drops from the bottom of the bin. We used to own a Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum which lasted for almost 3 years only. They said it has 5 year warranty but as always, there is a loophole because of the term LIMITED. So, after sending to them, we got a response saying that it cannot be fixed anymore and the repair cost would mean as much as buying a new one. Although they offered a 10 discount but that did not sound much for a high priced Dyson. But we still chose Dyson and wished that it could have been a bit affordable for most consumers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had purchased a DC77 a few years back and it was an exceptional vacuum up to about a month ago. I called Dyson and they advised where to take for repair as I still had approx 6 months left in my warranty. Dyson advised it would be approx a week before I would have my unit back. With 3 animals and kids I could not really bear for the timeline to be much longer than that. The repair shop advised me the unit needed a new motor and that they were on back order. I patiently waited for approx 2 weeks on top of the original week and contacted the repair shop again only to be told the motor was still not in with no ETA either. Frustrated I contacted Dyson and asked them to please advise what is being done as I cannot be without my unit for this long. They advised they would get in touch with me in 24 hours to let me know if the unit was still going to be repaired or replaced outright.

I received an email the next day telling me a brand new DC77 was en route to me via Purolator and my only responsibility was to return the older unit back to them (they provided the return Purolator label as well so no cost to me). The cherry on top was the fact they have also extended the warranty until October of 2020 as well even though my original warranty was to run out in Oct of 2019. So not only did they send a brand new unit but I also have another year warranty that I did not have on a brand spanking new model of the DC77. Dyson you have outdone yourself. My experience with you thus far is on par with the quality of your machines. Keep up the excellent work as you have more than earned a Dyson customer for life with me and our household. Thank you once again.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We got a new pet about a year ago and, our Electrolux with beater-bar could not pick up the long, fine hairs from our carpet or floors. Our daughter purchased a Dyson V-10 through the Shopping Channel and paid $599.00 a few weeks before... She also has a dog with long, fine hair and was so pleased with the new vacuum and recommended we place our order, which I did, before the sale was over. It arrived in three days by UPS as promised and I spent about half an hour assembling the unit.

What a surprise! What used to take me at least an hour to vacuum all the carpets and still had lots of hairs that could not be picked up so... I had to get on my knees and pick up the rest plus, our old vacuum was corded so, the furniture took a beating over time... NOT THE DYSON... Wow, finished the whole job in just over 15 minutes and, NO HAIR left to deal with. Plus, the see-through, clear dust catcher contained a lot of "fuzzy" stuff from the carpet as well. Easy to empty the chamber when done... A great buy plus, the time savings and NO CORD to deal with. One of the best buys in our 59 years of marriage. Wonderful product... Highly recommended to anyone tired of dealing with vacuuming without satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

PROS: an extremely good vacuum, very easy to manipulate, very easy to clean, many attachments. NEG: Very heavy, attachments are almost impossible to use. The attachments are connected to an accordion type hose which is enclosed in the handle. It is very stiff to extend and when you hook an attachment to it it contracts to its original length and stiffness. The shortened length allows only about 6 - 8" of use. I am a big man and even I find it very cumbersome and extremely difficult to have it remain in its upright position.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Terrible from the start! No help with warranty. 300 dollar piece of junk Dyson ball multi floor. Never again will I purchase a dyson a product. Read the warranty carefully. I made a the mistake of trusting a company would be honest and take a defective product back but not this one. They want to charge me for parts when there is no damage. The brush doesn't spin and I have to clean up behind it with a broom. It has no suction and when it does it falls out slowly.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2019

I wanted to retract my previous review as in the end Dyson did resolve the issue and we appreciate that.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We bought our cordless vacuum cleaner through PayPal a few years ago. About a year ago it started to break and lose power. Now it definitely doesn’t have enough power as it barely picks anything other than dust. I contacted the company and we went back and forth for weeks, we did all the troubleshooting and in the end they offered me a 20% discount towards a new one. It’s a very expensive product and it should have lasted longer then just a couple of years. I think the company was bought over and lost the quality but kept the high price. I have the original upright machine and it works great 10 years later.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Trying to empty the dirt out of the snap on tub for waste took me a half-hour and then after I put it back together the suction would not seal enough to vacuum! This was $500.00! Not worth the hassle! The batteries on my hand held and stick vacuum don’t last long enough for one job! I purchased 4 Dyson products believing they were the best! WRONG... problems with ALL of them! I had to go buy a cheaper vacuum which is a quarter of the price and it works better! Don’t believe the commercials. I will never recommend these products to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We just bought not one but two big ball Dyson canister vacs from Macy’s and if I could return them, I would! Brand new, the canister won’t stay close so when you remove it to empty it, it dumps the dirt all over the inside of the ball and the floor. Never buy DYSON. They are overpriced junk.

Dyson Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

• Best for: Dyson's powerful vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs