2.69/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 16, 2018

520 Dyson Vacuums Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 16, 2018

We have four Dyson vacuum cleaners with two of them specially for dog hair. Your advertising is false... They don't work with dog hair, constantly blocking up. My old Henry does a much better job. What a waste to make so many prototypes and in the end it turned out to be rubbish. Regards. Unhappy.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Dyson V7 Animal is GARBAGE. Battery dies within 5-7 minutes on tile. Called customer service. "Lost call" 2x. When I finally got a supervisor, she said the model V8 lasts longer because the battery is better. So I asked if I could upgrade given this is a brand new once-used Dyson and she said no that I could sell mine on eBay. Bad experience with Dyson. No customer service. Will never get my $$$.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I purchased this vacuum cleaner online and it lasted less than one week. The assembly instructions, as usual, are unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow, something that is universal in today’s instruction manuals. When it was finally assembled, I vacuumed the living room and hallway and then attempted to clean out the canister. The canister comes off, but there is no way of cleaning the dust, dirt, and soot out of it other than to reach in with a knife or some other slim article and scraping it out by hand. I did this twice.

After the second time, I re-attached the canister, but the cleaner no longer worked at full strength. All I was able to get it to do was to turn it on and use about ten percent of the suction strength. It didn’t even suck up the dirt, it merely re-distributed it nearby. Of course, the instruction manual says nothing at all about what the problem could be. This company is a complete joke. If you pay three hundred dollars for a vacuum cleaner, it is reasonable to expect it to last longer than a week. And, there should be a way to clean out the canister.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Dyson Stick - This vacuum is horrible. I have to sweep with a broom before I can vacuum because God forbid you should run over a hair or something, it stops working immediately! It does not have a very long charge and you seriously can't vacuum up anything without it getting clogged.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I purchased a Dyson ball vacuum, I loved it from the first day I received it. While the cleaner wasn't cheap, in the long run it is one of the best investments I have made in my home. Every time I vacuum, I feel confident that my floors are clean enough for the baby to crawl on. The suction is powerful and emptying the vacuum is a breeze. But what I love most is the ball that allows it to pivot in any direction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: March 29, 2018

Dyson vacuums are just a brand and got famous wrongly just to charge more. The vacuum not handy and it's difficult to change the different brush. Price are too high and they're not worth for what they charge. They should be stopped selling this high because they are garbage. Ripoff.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I am disabled with over 20 back surgeries and 3 knee replacements. My husband bought me the Dyson upright and the Dyson stick cleaner. I was amazed how easy they are to push and use. I can finally take care of my home by myself. When you empty the dust containers it's unbelievable the amount it picks up. I didn't realize all that came out of my carpet. I wish they would make a carpet steam cleaner with the same ease of use.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have the Dyson ball and the Dyson stick V8. I use the stick 90% of the time because it is cordless and quick to grab. I have upgraded it to the one that runs about 30 minutes... More than enough time for me. Lightweight and easy to use if you have joint problems. But what impresses me most is the amount of fine dirt these vacuums pick up.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have a Dyson handheld battery operated vacuum for my RV and I absolutely love it. It is small (fits in tight spaces) and cleans great! It charges on the wall, so it is always ready when I'm ready to use it!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I love the quality build with Dyson and their looks. They're very powerful, look amazing but the price is the big issue because I find their prices so much more expensive than all other makers.

Original review: March 27, 2018

It has very strong suction and it's really easy to use. It has an extra long hose that I really like. It doesn't use bags and the dirt hopper is very easy to empty.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Dyson Vacuum is advertised as wonderful but is expensive and not at all useful except on straight runs. It is heavy, clumsy, the tube is stiff and does not come out gracefully. It is a terrible waste of money.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I loved my Dyson V6 for three years. My warranty expired in 2017 and my Dyson had the dreaded flashing red light in March 2018 which basically means you need a new battery, yours is dead. The Dyson rep explained that this happens very often. I asked what I did to cause this and she said it just happens with use and that it was no fault of my own and followed that with, "Since you're out of warranty you can buy a new one for 85$ and it might be more cost effective to buy a whole new vacuum." To which I asked if there were any models that didn't have this problem and she basically said no. She only recommended the 600$ V10.

What good does a product do you when you spend a whole paycheck or two and then it only lasts for a few years. Also, let me not forget to tell you my mother had a Dyson before I did and I thought she just got a lemon because hers died after three years as well and she had to purchase another... this smells fishy to me and I believe this is a scam. Set up to fail.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Every time I vacuum, I am amazed at how much dust and "stuff" the Dyson picks up. My husband says, I say that every time, but I am impressed. Whoever designed it was a genius.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I bought a rechargeable Dyson... Love the size, the manageability, it worked well for what I needed. Cleaned quickly and easily. But it only worked for about seven months the right way. Dirt jams now so if I use it I have to unjam it every five minutes or so. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I bought the small Dyson as I need a very light vacuum due to physical problems. The vacuum works well for a brief time, then stops, even though it has been emptied. The cost was way too much for this kind of performance.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Canister type: roller doesn't consistently roll, and there are no wheels on the vacuum part so it has to be pushed with effort. There are some impossible to reach parts that get clogged.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have a smaller version of a Dyson. It is easier to move than a full size one and the lighter weight makes it easier to lift and take up and downstairs. However, I don't like that after a couple of years the hose for the attachments to be used on stairs doesn't have as much suction.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Dyson Vacuum is a bit pricey but picks up great. However, it has too many attachments for me, I don't know how to use half of them. But I would buy again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This is my second or third Dyson. I was hooked after the few days with the first. I have great trust in the performance and fulfillment of promise in my Dyson. I also like the look and style.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My Dyson vacuum cleaners (I have 2 different models) have lacked the suction and performance that I expected. When Dyson was contacted, they were unable to provide any additional advice on rectifying the problem.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have had my Dyson for more than 11 years and it is still running strong and working well. It is so easy to take apart and clean. I love that the filters don't have to be replaced and can easily be cleaned with just water and air dry. It picks up so much dirt and hair and the attachments work wonders reaching the hard to reach areas in a home, like between the washer and dryer, beneath the bed and the curtains. I recommend the stand-up Dyson vacuum to everyone and although I'd love a new Dyson and want to upgrade, I can't see spending the money when my old one still works SO well. It has outlived my mom's Hoover and other brands I've had in the past. Although it is expensive, it lasts for SO long and therefore is good value for the money. I should get paid by Dyson for how much I talk this company up. I even got a person at Costco to buy a vacuum from Dyson, after sharing my wonderful life experience. :)

Original review: March 23, 2018

Have owned a Dyson DC25 almost two years now. Works flawless and picks up more dirt than most vacuums I've owned in the past. HEPA filter still in great shape. Use once a week.

Original review: March 22, 2018

The battery drain so fast, they did not mentioned in their product description that is not for long vacuum cleanings. After less than 10 mins you need to charge again and wait a long time to charge.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Dyson cleans great. Has a lot of suction, very easy to handle, all around great vacuum. Cost is not that much more when you consider you are getting the best.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have Dyson and an Oreck. Dyson for quick pickups and on hardwood and tile before using mop to clean the floor, and Oreck for thorough vacuuming especially on carpet.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I love Dyson. I had one for 11 years and then gave to my daughter and bought a Shark to try. I like the Shark too. However my Dyson if I knew then what I know now I'd bought another Dyson. Really it's what's best for me but that does not mean that it meets everyone's needs cause every one has a different need of sweeper and mine 3 bedroom, 2 bath, home one level, no kids just grandkids here and there, it's all I really need and it does the job. I have a cat and allergies too and it keeps my floors swept clean enough that I don't have sneezing and itching side effects from the hair or dust! Good job Dyson!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

Dyson Vacuum whisks away the pet hairs, floor dirt, dust, and carpet collection. A tool worth its price and a wife who constantly raves about how this tool cleans, hence very happy vacuuming.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Dyson's way overpriced for an average vacuum cleaner. I was actually going to return it, but I had left the cord out on the floor inadvertently, and the cat severely chewed the cord. I can use it but could not return it.

Original review: March 20, 2018

This is the second one we have. One battery type. One electric 110 volt ball type. They both work great. A little heavy for my wife though. But good all round vacuum.

Dyson Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

• Best for: Dyson's powerful vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs