1.2/5 (36 ratings)

About Dyson Vacuums

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

The customer service at Dyson is horrible. I previously purchased the TP09 for a client in May, they had an issue and I had to call into customer service so they could use the warranty. The customer service rep at the time informed me that I ordered the product incorrectly and I should have ordered it as a gift through customer service so my client could register it.

I kept this in mind when purchasing another TP09 for an out of state client. I called the customer service # (866) 664-9004 on 9/29/2022. It took 3 mins for the rep to get my name and address. I let her know that I had a meeting in 15 minutes and implied that should be sufficient time to place my order. I also asked for a domestic representative because I could tell it was going to take a while with her. She advised me no domestic representative was available but she would get the item ordered in the requested 15 mins. 23 minutes later the product was still not ordered, she had to keep placing me on hold. I had to disconnect to attend a previously scheduled client meeting. While she was polite, it should not take over 20 mins to place an order for one item.

I called back the next day (9/30/2022), after this rep couldn't find my account after 5 mins I asked for a supervisor. After holding for about 20 mins she said a supervisor wasn't available, she took my phone # and said a supervisor would call me back. That was 5 days ago and I still haven't received a call back. After being thoroughly frustrated with calling customer service, spending over 40 minutes between both calls and the TP09 still not ordered I decided to try the Dyson Chat option. I thought this would be a much better option. The rep was responsive, I was very clear that I was ordering the product as a gift, provided both the mailing address and billing address and it was all wrapped up fairly quickly. I then received an email advising that my client cannot register the product as it will void the warranty. This doesn't make any sense as I was very clear from the beginning that it was being ordered as a gift. Thoroughly frustrated.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

This product is very disappointing, start with the cordless part, it runs for approximately 30 seconds then stops you have to put back on charging bay for about 5 seconds and then use vacuum? Talk to customer service and they know it’s a battery problem but they have none in stock and won’t have for about 5-6 weeks!! Well it’s been 8 now and still I have no vacuum working and no replacement battery? With the only compensation from customer service is “you can buy a different one”. ?? So when they say “Dyson sucks” they are not talking about the vacuum they are talking about the product and the lack of service

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The product is not bad, we ditched a very good MieIe to switch to Dyson, and it took my wife some time because she loved her previous machine. I contacted your Dyson Support, where they tell me to ship my vacuum cleaner to UPS and then they tell me to go one hour from my house to check it out. But ... what do I clean the house with in the meantime? I asked to replace it and they replied ... NO ETA "No Estimated time of arrival". But on Dyson website there are vacuum cleaners like mine ready to be delivered in 6 - 7 days! Really upset it's incredible, and I spent over $ 1,000!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I loved all of my Dyson products until... I purchased a part for my Dyson stick vac that was on their website for $63.99. When I got my receipt for the purchase I was charged $151.58 with a fake $66 discount that was never applied. About an hour later the husband informed me I ordered the wrong part. According to the Dyson website they do not cancel or change orders so I had to order the correct part and wait for the wrong part to be delivered and return it. On May 20th I received the incorrect part and started the return process. Dyson gave me a reference number to give to the UPS store for the label info. On May 29th I sent off the wrong part to Dyson from the UPS store and awaited my refund of $151.58.

On June 14th I noticed that I had not received my refund yet so I checked the tracking # and it had been delivered to the Dyson dock on June 6th at 9:21am. after many many conversations with Customer Service who told me it was still pending I finally received an email from a Resolution Specialist on July 7th stating that they didn't know where the package was (in other words...they lost it after it was delivered to them) and Dyson would not be refunding me my money! WHAT!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!! I DIDN'T LOSE THE PACKAGE, DYSON DID!!! So I contacted my friendly bank and started a dispute against the charge to my account. The bank promptly refunded me the $151.58. Last I heard it was handed over to Visa and they are going after Dyson for the charge and Dyson is refusing to pay because THEY LOST THE PACKAGE! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND WILL NEVER BE BUYING A DYSON PRODUCT AGAIN.

Original review: July 30, 2022

6 months ago, I bought the DYSON CYCLONE V10 ABSOLUTE CORDLESS vacuum cleaner. It is expensive, looks and feels good... But PERFORMANCE WISE the worst of all.... I paid almost $600 for mine and it last 10-15 min on continuing vacuuming, then it needs to charge for at least 8 hours... It is very inefficient. I live in a small apartment, and I thought it would be perfect for my needs.... WRONG!!! This product and other VCleaners from this house should not even be sold... Perhaps it will be enough to vacuum the inside of your vehicle, but not for more. STAY AWAY... IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Original review: July 27, 2022

The beater bar broke after 1 year of moderate, normal vacuuming. Couldn't get a replacement part, spent literally months fighting with customer service. Will never buy another Dyson. This is the 2nd machine I've had, and the exact same thing happened to the first one.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Six months ago I bought the v10 vacuum. It looks great, it felt great but then the garbage tank button stopped working. After reading few reviews I learned that this is a common problem, worst, there’s no one to talk to. I spoke with the company and then again, similar to other complaints, the only solution is to wait 6 weeks for new parts. The company doesn’t take responsibility and wasn’t willing to address my problem. I will never buy Dyson again.

Original review: May 24, 2022

This was our second Dyson (the first lasted for many years and was great). The V8 was a replacement for the older V6. We put it together, used it, and then tried to empty the dust bin. The dust bin would not open. We called customer service and after a lengthy call, they told us that we would be getting a new dust bin assembly (not a new machine). We were also told that they would not publish our negative review but someone would contact us to see if there was a better solution. That never happened.

After two weeks we got an email that the dust bin assembly would not arrive for another 14 weeks (that's a total of four months without a working vacuum that we already paid for). The return period ends in thirty days so we sent it back. Now we have to wait for a refund for six to eight weeks! Needless to say, we are very disappointed in the lack of Dyson customer service. It's a shame since we will never buy a Dyson product again.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Bought a Dyson V10 vacuum a couple years back. Battery had to be replaced right before the warranty ran out. I’ve had a new battery installed for just a touch over a year and it was fully charged when I started vacuuming on the main power setting. The vacuum cut off and would not start back. It won’t take a charge so Dyson wants me to buy a new battery. This vacuum is only used once per week for about five minutes. I’m a combat veteran with a heart condition and can’t lift heavy weights anymore so I loved the vacuum for its size. But I just can’t see myself buying a $130 battery every year for this machine. And by the way their customer service is horrible. This machine still looks brand new like it’s never been used. I will try my best to find a replacement around the same weight and power specifications so if anyone wants this V10 Just let me know minus the battery. It’s free. I strongly urge you to shop other brands.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I purchased the vacuum a little over 3 years ago and when it works it's adequate, but it breaks down all the time. You have to constantly clean it, the pieces are fragile and break when you do clean it and the battery died/needed to be replaced twice. This was an expensive vacuum, I've spent hours on the phone with their customer service and I had nothing but problems with it. It's now out of warranty and they want me to pay for repairs. In contrast, my previous vacuum was 1/4 the price, lasted 15 years without incident and I never had to clean it. Don't get suckered in by this company, I will think long and hard before I buy another Dyson product.

Dyson Vacuums author review by Sandy Baker

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Dyson Vacuums Company Information