Dyson Vacuums

• 8%
  • 4%
  • 76%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Reviewed July 4, 2024

The engineering of Dyson could be better, it is pretty obvious that some of the engineers don't even use a vacuum. Our most recent purchase the portable V8 is painful to use. Literally. You have to keep it pressed in order to conserve battery, but your thumb is holding all the weight of the machine and by the time you are done, even 10 minutes is a disaster. The handle should be better constructed.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I have a Dyson V10 that is only 4 years old. These vacuums are supposed to last 10 plus years. The main body needs to be replaced and I am being forced to pay for it. Although I was given a discount, I had no choice but to accept that. I find it unacceptable that customers should have to pay especially for main parts when these vacuums are so expensive and have such a limited warranty. I would never buy a Dyson product again. Poor quality product. Definitely not as advertised. And certainly not iconic service. Maybe spend more money on product quality than advertising.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Your money is better spent elsewhere. Purchased a V15 Detect November of 2022. It's June 2024 and it doesn't work. Customer support says I need a new body and cyclone but the parts aren't currently available. Every time I chat with customer support, they offer a 20% discount if I purchase a new product. Hello? Why am I giving you more money when you can't fix the product I already purchased from you.

Reliability

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Don't get fooled by Dyson. This product has design fault. I bought this two years ago. First, the battery went out. They replaced it with a new battery. Then, the trigger did not work. They replaced the whole thing (still within 1 year warranty). Then, one year later (warranty expired already), the trigger went out again. Called them. They said I have to pay close 145 CAD to get a new one. This is so terrible. Also, the product is noisy and it's not that powerful. Avoid Dyson vacuum if you want a reliable product.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 6, 2024

I am not happy with my experience with a Dyson vacuum. I splurged and bought a cordless V12 1-1/2 years ago. It was great at first, but the connections between the various parts are weak. First a brush head broke, then the wand itself. I now have a vacuum I can't use at all. Dyson says they can't replace the parts because they are out of stock, and they only offer a 10% credit towards a new machine. The "Hassle-free" return policy is definitely not as advertised. I spent $500 on less than 2 years of use. I have owned many vacuums before -- my last Shark vacuum I gave away after 12 years because I wanted something newer and lighter. Never again will I buy Dyson!

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I’ve owned two Dysons. I also bought one for my mother. The worst dependently of any vacuum I’ve owned, maybe the worst of any product I’ve owned. Same pulsating problem with all of them after less than a year of use. Stay away.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Hi guys I spent over 1.5 hours in chat with techs today and surprised at the end result. First let’s start off with our vacuum animal ball this was purchased from Lowes about 4 years ago. It has already been sent back to you guys to fix it, Once again we have the same problem so that tells me it was not fixed properly and there is a problem with quality. Now the price we paid for a higher end vacuum, the company should stand behind their product but in this case I fail to see it.

The agent at first couldn’t get anything registered because you guys had a tech issue, okay I get that, then when I text back a few hours later still not fixed. Okay no problem. Then I try later in the afternoon and the agent can get it registered this time and we are chatting over an hour (while I am at work) and then he starts to get it ready to send back and anther tech issue which he can’t get the return label or something to that effect. He then goes on to tell me there are 2 returns facilities, 1 in Ontario and 1 in Calgary. We are over 2 hours away from Calgary and he suggest I take it to them. Well that’s great I need 4 hours of a day just to drive up and back.

Then he also tells me we will be responsible for any work completed and the cost we are to bear, no I find that rather interesting as it is the same problem as before that was never fixed properly. Had it been we would not be here right now. So in saying they fixed it would a new warranty from the date of fix not apply? The only reasonable answer would be yes, but once again customer loyalty as no bearing.

I also run a business and I always put my customers first but in this case it seems you are more interested in money than fixing and standing behind your product. I will await your response and solution to fix this once again or we would entertain a credit towards a new one perhaps. FYI I have since purchased one of your competitor's vacuums at a fraction of the price and it is working very well.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

I have owned a total of 3 Dysons in my lifetime. The first one 1 bought (the old version, no ball) was when they first came out and I was pretty happy with that one, it actually lasted a couple of years before we had to buy a new one. The 2nd one was the roller ball Animal version, again basically when those were first introduced, that one last 1 year then broke. I got annoyed and bought a cheap vacuum from Walmart and that one lasted about 2 years (1 year more) then my husband bought me one of the cordless Dysons. We wanted to give it another chance, sometimes you just get unlucky right? Nope, we used this for about 1 year in our house for small clean-ups as it's horrible on rugs and now currently use it in our RV, for literally a tiny little space to clean maybe 1x every 2 weeks and it rarely works. We will never buy a Dyson again, too much money for something that's going to break in a year.

Price

Reviewed May 21, 2024

We have owned two Dyson animal vacuums. There is no doubt they clean very well. But they are problem prone and ultimately the only solution they offer is to buy a new expensive part. One of the machines began pulsing. Chatting with Dyson eventually led to the conclusion that a new $129.00 head was needed so I ordered it. Before it could arrive (shipping is very slow) the other one started pulsing. No blockages in this one either. Meanwhile our trusty Swedish vacuum that we ordered so long ago I can’t find it on Amazon any more just keeps on cranking’. I’m sending that expensive head back and we’re through with Dyson for good.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Dyson sent wrong part. I returned it. They still have not fully credited me. They say it is a bank issue. Appears that they do this all the time to snag money. Service department sent wrong part - not their problem???

Dyson Vacuums author review by Sandy Baker

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Dyson Vacuums Company Information