2. Homeowners

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Dyson Vacuums
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Dyson Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My Dyson Big Ball Cinetic upright vacuum recently broke down. The part which broke was the red colored clip on the Cyclone which attaches the Cyclone to the handle/frame of the vacuum. I looked online and tried to find a replacement part using various sites like Google and Amazon. I could not find an equivalent part. I reached out to Dyson customer service via chat on their website and explained the problem. After spending some time I was told that a replacement part would be shipped.

In a few days I was pleasantly surprised when I received the part. I expected to just receive the red plastic clip, but in actuality they sent me the entire Cyclone unit. This was sent to me at zero dollars expense which costs about 85$ online!!!! The experience was also not grueling like other vendors who make you go through hoops proving out purchase details, warranty terms and the whole nine yards. Never experienced such service in my 22 years in the USA. Outstanding service! Definitely will recommend them and kudos to your team.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I love my Dyson! I have vacation rentals and 2 homes I can’t say enough about. The first Dyson I bought I went thru all the other name brands on the market. I’d use them a couple of months and give them away. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson. Been in love ever since. Won’t buy anything else... Now that I’ve said that I was in a condo the other day and it had a Dyson with a ball.... I HATED IT! If Dyson quits making the Dc33 and goes to that I’ll have to find another vacuum. It was awful to maneuver. I was wore out by the time I was thru. I’ll NEVER own one of those! Since I used that one I’ve found out all the people I know that don’t like their Dyson owns the one with the ball, I know why now!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Stain vacuums are ahead of their time. A bit on the pricey side. But you do get what to pay for. I have a V8 cordless now. This is my second Dyson. I have a V6 and had no problems selling it second hand. Dyson has a no-hassle warranty. I have had to contact them twice now. They resolved the issue and sent out the replacement part at no cost to me. The second call, the vacuum was just past its two-year warranty and Dyson still looked after me and sent a replacement part at no cost. So if you purchase a Dyson, you have no worries as they stand behind their name. The Vacuums work amazing! So much we have purchased other Dyson products!

Original review: July 6, 2019

We currently own a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum that we bought in 2016 for over 500 dollars. It was really pricey. But also in terms of performance, it does better than the other makers. It picks up fine hair most of the time. My only concern is that for very very fine fine or sand, the bin cannot seem to hold it. I noticed than those very fine dirt or sand drops from the bottom of the bin. We used to own a Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum which lasted for almost 3 years only. They said it has 5 year warranty but as always, there is a loophole because of the term LIMITED. So, after sending to them, we got a response saying that it cannot be fixed anymore and the repair cost would mean as much as buying a new one. Although they offered a 10 discount but that did not sound much for a high priced Dyson. But we still chose Dyson and wished that it could have been a bit affordable for most consumers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had purchased a DC77 a few years back and it was an exceptional vacuum up to about a month ago. I called Dyson and they advised where to take for repair as I still had approx 6 months left in my warranty. Dyson advised it would be approx a week before I would have my unit back. With 3 animals and kids I could not really bear for the timeline to be much longer than that. The repair shop advised me the unit needed a new motor and that they were on back order. I patiently waited for approx 2 weeks on top of the original week and contacted the repair shop again only to be told the motor was still not in with no ETA either. Frustrated I contacted Dyson and asked them to please advise what is being done as I cannot be without my unit for this long. They advised they would get in touch with me in 24 hours to let me know if the unit was still going to be repaired or replaced outright.

I received an email the next day telling me a brand new DC77 was en route to me via Purolator and my only responsibility was to return the older unit back to them (they provided the return Purolator label as well so no cost to me). The cherry on top was the fact they have also extended the warranty until October of 2020 as well even though my original warranty was to run out in Oct of 2019. So not only did they send a brand new unit but I also have another year warranty that I did not have on a brand spanking new model of the DC77. Dyson you have outdone yourself. My experience with you thus far is on par with the quality of your machines. Keep up the excellent work as you have more than earned a Dyson customer for life with me and our household. Thank you once again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dyson Vacuums?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

We agonised over which hoover to buy and finally settled on a Dyson..Big mistake. Nothing wrong with the customer service except for the fact that they are selling a sub standard product that performs like a £20 Chinese imitation. We have the V6, it's rarely used, we have no pets and no children but still it has to be stripped down every two weeks as the motor stutters due to dust. The roller gave up the ghost after 18 months, free replacement was sent and the problem was fixed but what if it had lasted another 7 months like the battery? You guessed it, a month or two after the guarantee ended the battery failed, time to buy a new one say dyson but the product doesn't even vacuum that well.

The thought of wasting another £70 on a new battery and then paying out when another part fails is just too much. Pretty poor performance, poor quality components, useless suction so hopeless as a handheld for the car...Dyson will never get another penny from me. Thinking of buying a Dyson? Don't bother, get a 'Shark'...at the very least you will get better performance and a 5 year parts guarantee.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Stay away from Dyson. I feel bad for recommending this company to my mom when she needed a new vacuum. It stopped working in less than one year; and they no longer stand behind their product like they used to. She called customer service and was referred to a local vacuum cleaner repair shop almost one month ago. It's still not fixed... As they are awaiting a part. She called Dyson customer service to inquire about the part, and spoke to a very rude prick who told her he had no idea when the part would be sent. I am going to bring my vacuum cleaner to her house so we can vacuum. I will never buy another Dyson and neither will she. They are just following a long list of other companies that used to be great... But are now unreliable and shoddy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I've had issues since day 1 opening the canister. It is impossible to open, no matter how easy it may look and no matter what they tell you in the demo. I've done it for 3 years and had to finally throw it out. Before that, I called Dyson, and they sent a new canister. But it's not the canister, it's the opening mechanism. Now I'm in the market for another cordless and I doubt it will be Dyson. I was in Costco and it looked like they changed the design for the opening mechanism. Three years too late for me. I am so disappointed in Dyson. A company that prides itself on quality, should have a longer warranty than 2 years. BTW, Dyson offered a 20% discount if I wanted to purchase a new one. There are much better deals in Costco when they run specials, like they are this week.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Appalling short battery life, takes forever to charge and hardly completes one room. Tiny little collection tank. Really wish I hadn’t wasted so much money on this rubbish!!! With a builder partner and a shedding dog I thought this would be a great buy but have been left seriously disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I only used the brand new Dyson V7 Allergy for a few times and DID NOT do the job at all! I called customer support and they send me to our local service center to find out that I lost the warranty because I used the Dyson in my restaurant! This brand new Dyson was not made for business, ONLY for home. Lol! I found this statement poor and totally unfair for the price of the product!!! If DYSON believes in their product quality should support the customer...especially when the vacuum is only a few weeks new. Sorry, Dyson...but I was expecting you to take some more responsibility!

Not sure about Dyson Vacuums?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Vacuum Cleaners for you.

Dyson Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dyson is a British company with more than 5,000 employees around the world. It was founded by engineer James Dyson in 1993.

• Diverse designs: Buyers can choose between upright, canister, cordless and handheld Dyson models.

• Extra tools: Dyson has several tools that owners can add to their vacuums for everything from cleaning upholstery to grooming dogs.

• Attractive aesthetics: These vacuums have innovative designs that make them more attractive than models from most other companies.

• Strong suction: Dyson vacuums are designed so that they do not lose suction as they age.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Owners can use their Dyson vacuums on practically any flooring surfaces.

• Best for: Dyson's powerful vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team